Speaker 1: The France Per Second Podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome everybody to a new episode of the France per Second Podcast. My name is Kenneth be and showing him on the show and Spike and Mike no Rod this week.
Speaker 3: He don't do gen Z though, Yeah, he didn't watched the Boys.
Speaker 2: Oh well yeah, yeah, we would have been on this regardless because he had watched.
Speaker 3: Any of this stuff. We did season one of gen V. Yes, were you on this, Spike?
Speaker 4: It was virtual. I think we did a week the week. Maybe we did it week week. We didn't do it in batches.
Speaker 3: I don't remember, but we definitely didn't do a week. We might we might have done it in.
Speaker 1: One season.
Speaker 3: We did it, Okay, I remember that because Nick was on this sometimes, right, Yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Think Nick was still around.
Speaker 3: What you guys think of the follow up the second season? I liked it.
Speaker 4: It wasn't as good as the first season, but I thought that the death of one of the characters in real life definitely plays. Yeah, that definitely played a role in the writing, and you could tell I'm not sure if I like how they handled their own screen.
Speaker 3: That was kind of weird.
Speaker 2: So actually, since we heard this was one of the questions I had, because it was very prevalent in episode one and throughout the whole season. You say you don't like how they handled it. Do you think it's just it was too much of a tribute.
Speaker 1: To him or what was kind of the issue.
Speaker 4: It seems like they kind of used it to their benefit, and I didn't like that. I ain't really like like he died in real life. It wasn't a death on the show, and they kept like harkening back to it like it was something that they wrote into it and they planned for this, which seemed like kind of insensitive to me.
Speaker 5: M I don't think I've ever ever ever agreed with Spike Bore. I thought I thought that shit was tacky as fucking really.
Speaker 3: Yes, a lot of people liked how they handled it.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm happy for them, but watching this this gave me the ick. Every time they would refer back to be like, you know, I forgot the guy's name of the show, Andre Andre, But what about Andre?
Speaker 3: How would Andre feel? Andre died right here? It's like, nah, bro, this dude did this? Dude is really dead.
Speaker 6: And y'all are using it for a show plotline.
Speaker 5: It was fine that they killed him when they were just like, oh, yeah, he died and how did he die? And they played some like audio or something. I thought that was weird, but it was like, okay, cool. But when they kept going back to it, it was like, wow, this seems kind of fucked up. So yeah, I thought, I agree with Spike. I didn't like it either.
Speaker 2: I thought I think prolonging it after a while, it definitely got all It was like, I agree with that part of it. I think if they just could have just explained in an episode one, this is what happened because he died on a motorcycle accident, just explained because they didn't want to recast him, so this way average of the character.
Speaker 3: He died a hero on the show, and that's it.
Speaker 2: They had his dad polarity. He was impacted the whole time. Every time they brought up his name in every single episode. It was almost like it was an overextended tribute, you know. And so yeah, but but I think taking the approach of writing him off in the show, I do like that instead of recasting.
Speaker 1: And yeah, but yeah, it wasn't a lot. It was a lot.
Speaker 2: I didn't think it was I see the attacking this that you guys are seeing. For me, it was just like, all right, man.
Speaker 3: We get it, like you you know what, happy was sad, you.
Speaker 2: Know, but but yeah, what do you think about the second season?
Speaker 5: Though I agree with Spike on that part too. I liked it, but I didn't like it as much as the first season. This one dragged a bit for me. It was just like, all right, let's get let's get to the point. Let's get to the point here, guys, this is you're dragging this out. And I don't know that I really care about this new villain.
Speaker 6: So yeah, it was just a bit. It was a bit slow.
Speaker 3: Like the appealing part about the boys and this show.
Speaker 4: Is the unpredictability, and this became a little predictable, like you were looking at stuff and they were saying like, Okay, this is what's about to happen. It's very obvious what you're all about to do, very obvious what's going to happen? Like the the Aha movements didn't work really, But again I enjoyed it because I enjoyed being in that world. But there was a lot of stuff that left to be desired from how they tell stories.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the second they brought up this product or that's the thing, and they're like, we gotta look into this. I'm like, oh, it's gonna be Marie. Guarantee, it's gonna be Marie.
Speaker 3: And she's like, oh my god, it's me. No, really, it's crazy.
Speaker 4: And the setup is like her the black woman agains Homelander the conservative white guy.
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 6: Oh, I didn't even think about it.
Speaker 5: It's Kamaa versus trong, that's what that's what it's turning out to be, like the powerful black woman against.
Speaker 2: I had a different look at it, but that's what you're wrong. But it was just like, I guess it's up the black woman to save us.
Speaker 3: It was like black girl magic against the white man.
Speaker 2: You know, it's just like hear them the black woman that you know, white man is the strongest one, the only one to survive.
Speaker 3: Hear them, the black woman, the strongest one of old survived, you know. I guess.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So that that's kind of looked at it, especially towards the end when they were kind of.
Speaker 3: With the only two in project that's right survive.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, But it's also like other than her being able to bring people back to life, I don't think they did a great job of saying exactly how powerful she is, to the point where she could even stand up the Homelander.
Speaker 1: So I don't know.
Speaker 2: The only because I'm with you, I was like, Okay, well, how the she's gonna be home her because that's a motherfucker right there.
Speaker 3: She controlled them. I think it was just the blood the control.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think she could just Yeah, she could just blow them up, making him this blow with the blood.
Speaker 3: That's all I can think.
Speaker 4: But the ship, the girl with the head thing could have done that. The Senator Lady.
Speaker 3: Victoria Newman, Yeah, she could have just made his head blow it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't know, because we haven't really.
Speaker 2: I mean, she got a chance to like build her powers out in this one, which I thought was cool because I thought.
Speaker 3: He was disgusting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it looked it was way better this season with the different things she could do.
Speaker 3: But they turned her into like this god like being.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it was Yeah.
Speaker 2: Again eight episodes, a lot of it kind of really ran together. We're just kind of going back to what you guys were saying, you know, it was kind of they really kind of stretched it out, so mainly we get introduced back to Emma Jordan Lee. Uh, they were gonna find an Elmira center. They're allowed to come back. Kate was a trader to them, but they have to comply. They have to basically come out and just say and agree with this whole message because Vault controlled everything, so I had to give their interpretation of the Woods chance to get back in. They have a new thing who is Cipher, which I guess you guys pretty much figured out that whole thing with him and good talkin.
Speaker 5: Well, no, I didn't didn't. I'm slow on that one. I figured out until they they showed it, and I was like.
Speaker 6: Oh, okay.
Speaker 3: I thought he was faking at first when he said the hunch night.
Speaker 1: It wasn't me.
Speaker 3: He was inside me the whole time.
Speaker 1: And in the third like yeah, so yeah, so uh yeah.
Speaker 2: They have the dog knot thing, which again it's sort of the boy's humor was like, hey, beautiful with the.
Speaker 3: Dog and the dog ran off, you tease because you.
Speaker 1: Come mess that dog up.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 2: I was like, nah, I'm bout here, but uh but yeah, so anyway, but yeah, the whole episode is just basically a reintroduction and they run into Kate at the end.
Speaker 1: And I think the thing that one.
Speaker 2: Of the takeaways for me was Kate, because Kate was trying to get them to come back, and Jordan flashed her as she popped her head and and Marie.
Speaker 3: Just let her die. Well, you got surprised they were that cold about that.
Speaker 6: They threw her against the wall.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they just let her bleed out. They could have saved her.
Speaker 2: How Emma could have no not I keep calling her. Maurice said she tried.
Speaker 6: She did try.
Speaker 3: She did.
Speaker 6: Yeah, she went over to her and was like trying to help her.
Speaker 2: Bro I thought she was. I thought she I thought I read that completely wrong. I thought she tried, and then she second guessed it because I think they were telling her to let her die, so I thought she was trying, and then when they were like nah, no, let her.
Speaker 1: Go, she just stopped.
Speaker 2: Oh maybe I read it wrong then, but no, no, I think you're right because remember later on in the show, she was like, yeah, I did try to say y'all couldn't do it right.
Speaker 3: So I thought she was lying when she said that, So I was, you know, But I mean I.
Speaker 5: Wouldn't trust her either after what she did last because I had to go back and rewatch the last episode of the last season, because the way this one kicks off, I'm like, wait, what.
Speaker 3: Did I miss?
Speaker 6: I thought Andre was still a lot.
Speaker 5: I know the real guy had died, but I was like, wait, what did I miss something? But the way what's her name, Kate? The way Kate acted last season, Nah, they should let her fucking die. Yeah, I could see why they was pissed at her.
Speaker 4: Kate was a piece of shit, the way she traded on him at the end, so she thought she was gonna be with the end cry out or the more powerful people like you. I could see why they held dan animosity throughout the season.
Speaker 5: Especially if they look at it like Andre would be alive if it wasn't for Kate, because they wouldn't have never been sent to that fucking place.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, I forgot to mention.
Speaker 2: This whole season kicked off with this whole they It was a flashback where we get introduced to Goodalk and some other people and uh, you know, he was trying to get out of the lab. Everybody's getting these powers and one dude's face fell off, melted off, and you know, he burned up. And then they went to present day and that's when we meet the cipher of the New Dean. But in episode T we fouind out Kate's still alive. Shocker. I think it would have been better she died, you know.
Speaker 3: But yeah, she really didn't do nothing this whole season. She ain't have her powers.
Speaker 2: She had one small role towards the end, but you know, they spent a lot of time redeeming her, you know.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so, but Kate's alive and.
Speaker 2: This her attack got blamed on Starlighters and they killed a black guy. So I didn't want to ask you guys, what did you think about like the very obvious messaging about Maga and everything else.
Speaker 1: That was going on. Was it too much?
Speaker 3: Was it like I've come to expect that from this franchise.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Starlight is supposed to be with like ed Tifa and Homelanders was supposed to be like man.
Speaker 2: Wasn't too much on the nose that they wanted to make sure that you guys know this is about you.
Speaker 3: I think they wanted people to know this is what we talked about.
Speaker 5: Because apparently, remember there was that all those news articles where Maga was so stupid. They didn't realize that the boys have been making fun of them the whole time, and they were so pissed off about that last season, so I guess they were trying to make sure like, Okay, look just so y'all.
Speaker 3: Know we're making fun of you.
Speaker 6: We are making fun of you.
Speaker 5: But it was a bit on the nose because right when I saw those black dudes, I was like, oh, they're going to kill them at some point because he bought her.
Speaker 6: You know when did he buy her, Like he bought her some food or something together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was one of the propaganda pieces of food that the snack or someone.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like, oh this is this is gonna come back later. So yeah, I wasn't.
Speaker 5: Surprised when they killed him, but it was it was fine. I didn't have a problem with it, but it wasn't bit on the nose.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah. This episode is second season. In this episode, it was like, bro, y'all is just being very direct.
Speaker 2: So and this one, uh, you know, there's the Rememberer and they're on this hunt for a desk. We already talked about that earlier, and the Rememberer goes in there. Polarity is teamed up with Emma and they go there and he just gets completely everything wrong about that guy who was like and he just went down. I was like, no, we met at such and such and this, and he was a bit of an ass.
Speaker 1: Ohle blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: And here come Emma who's high and just flattered him. He was like, oh, yeah, you guys can go back, going back through that, you see all of this Nazi stuff and you know the kkk uh you know gear and stuff like that, and that's I was like, bro y'all, just like just think, I guess maybe you're right, Mike, just in case y'all fuckers don't know, like you guys are this group.
Speaker 3: And then we had the pledging where the guy even said, yeah.
Speaker 2: You know, back in whatever year it was, you know, great white men created this fraternity and they had the black guys there being part of the fraternity as well, and it is and even they were looking weird, but they went along with it.
Speaker 3: So it was it was very very very very very on the nose.
Speaker 2: So they had this whole thing whereas the hero optimization and we meet the Viking.
Speaker 3: Man that was funny.
Speaker 2: Jesus Christ, the Viking kick their ass and they were like, what the.
Speaker 1: Man he was?
Speaker 2: He was he was, and he kept targeting Marie and he was like, what the fuck is going on? We later found out why because he's wanted the powers increased. But I liked the Viking. And then there was the whole thing about the Butterfly Woman and Emma again she was like, yeah, I don't want to influence erections, which I thought was a shot at you know, elections and stuff. So it was it was a lot. I was just like a but what you guys think about Cipher as a villain though? When he was the Dean, Yeah, yeah, he's being set up now, so it looks like he's the villain before he kind of was really flushed out as a villain.
Speaker 1: But did you guys like.
Speaker 3: Did a good job? He was very convention It was probably one of the standouts of this season. Uh, I thought.
Speaker 4: I just thought he did a good job of being a villain. And it wasn't overt, but it was very like heavy it nice gonna sound. It was heavy handed in the sense of how when he would have conversations that I am clearly the villain, but he didn't come off that way in a general sense. It was just like, oh, I'm just trying to make this better or whatever it may be. But I thought the dude that did it, he did a good job acting. Yeah, I agree, that actor was really good. I just didn't care about this character. He just he got kind of boring to me after a while.
Speaker 5: Because I was expecting to be like, Oh, I can't wait to find out what's going on with him?
Speaker 6: What are his powers?
Speaker 5: And when they started to show him, I was just like, all right, well, he can just be whoever, Like he can just possess people and yeah, does he have some kind of healing factor or whatever. I don't know, but I was just like, all right, he's not that interesting to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Yeah, I think maybe the actor did at a good job. I thought his power was actually dope and I was able to actually use them. His his usage of the powers was pretty cool because he was able to really control and fuck people up limited as they shown, But I don't think they really traded on that much.
Speaker 3: Later, like when we had the fight between.
Speaker 2: What they call the blood Bender and the gender Bend or whatever. Yeah, yeah, when they when you control her, but then all of a sudden he wasn't. He lost control and had to let her go. Yeah, so I guess it sort of came around later, but they didn't do much with it for a couple of episodes. But but I think one of the standouts for me, I don't know if you guys agree, was Emma the one that actually grew up.
Speaker 1: She yes, she was so good.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I never knew that I would need a polarity the black Andre's dad and Emma duo.
Speaker 1: I thought they were great.
Speaker 5: In the second episode, I did get weird vibe, but I think it was just me I got.
Speaker 3: I got it to that was weird, yeah.
Speaker 5: Because she's clearly supposed to be in high school and there was like I forgot what scene it was, but they were like walking and she was like hanging I think when she was drunk or something.
Speaker 6: She was like hanging on him, and I was like, are they They're.
Speaker 4: Not going to do that in college though right now, but I just want to because I don't know how good they would have been in the comments. That's all the reason why I said to this diversity.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, I got the young old vibe.
Speaker 6: She's the same kid. I was like, this feels weird.
Speaker 1: It was it was I don't know, Yeah, it was weird.
Speaker 6: They didn't go back to it. So I'm thinking it was just us reading it wrong, and.
Speaker 2: I think it was just the drug because she was like on drugs. She was like, yeah, I'm kind of fucked up or whatever, or she was like, oh, yeah, I didn't take whatever she thought she was taking.
Speaker 1: And yeah, she was leaning on him and.
Speaker 2: Then un but there was a point where even she he had to correct.
Speaker 3: He was like no, no, no, no, no, not like that, because I think.
Speaker 1: She said something. I can't remember what it was. He was like, no, no, no, no, not like that, because I think it was episode three.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was trying to explain her behavior, how she was acting or whatever.
Speaker 3: I think they wanted us to think that that's what I thought. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know, because remember she had got big and she was, you know, doing the whole thing like that.
Speaker 3: That's when it was like, Okay, what are they doing facts, Yeah, but yeah, the whole that. Yeah, the whole thing was weird.
Speaker 6: The whole thing was weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Episode three was a lot about Marie, you know, in her past, confronting her mom or aunt. Her sister was kept away from her, y'all, what y'all think about the conversation.
Speaker 1: I remember the conversation there with the.
Speaker 2: Mom where she found out her sister Annabeth.
Speaker 1: Was still alive.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, that was that was interesting, But I assumed I don't remember the first season like that. Did they imply that Annabeth was dead?
Speaker 2: Maybe it wasn't that she was dead. Maybe it's just kept you know what, I know, I can't remember. Yeah, I didn't know that they thought she was dead.
Speaker 4: I thought that once that happened with her parents, they just separated them.
Speaker 2: That's what I thought, But I ain't watch. Maybe maybe it wasn't the fact that, you know what, I can't remember. Huh oh, yeah, I can't remember. Look it up, but yeah, it was, it.
Speaker 1: Was, it was. It was good.
Speaker 2: I think this this the third episode. I didn't really take a lot from this.
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 2: I shouldn't have laded, but it was fucked up. When they call Jordan Lee a hybrid bruh.
Speaker 3: That ship was so laughed.
Speaker 5: But I felt bad that that ship was funny.
Speaker 3: Though that was funny. That really wasn't right.
Speaker 1: It wasn't.
Speaker 2: That's t if somebody asked you to take a picture, you fucking switch came right, cars man. That ship was fucked up. But that's what you know, the gm V and the boys, they kind of trade and that sort of dark humor and everybody kind of gets it. But but you know Sam is around too, so Emma also need to do Greg. So you have the Samma sex Samma, you have Sam Emma Greg plot line, you know, where they're kind of competing for the same So.
Speaker 3: It's worked for me this season. Damn.
Speaker 4: Really, they presented him as a much more powerful soup, and it seemed like this season he just wasn't leaning into that power. Like the whole episode he went home and all that bullshit like that. That did not work for me. And Annabeth wasn't dead. She just kept her away from his sister. She just the auntie raised her. Right, Yeah, that's what That's what that story was.
Speaker 3: You liked Sam.
Speaker 6: Now that you're saying it, I see what you're talking about.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he didn't come off as powerful as he did in season one. Season one, they were like, oh, you're like Homeland power. But no, in this one he didn't really do much. And I want to say he I forgot who it was.
Speaker 3: At the end when they were all fighting Cipher.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was just runing around like a sick love like love puppy whatever they call it, things like.
Speaker 6: Bro like, yeah, he didn't do it, he didn't, Yeah, he didn't do it.
Speaker 1: You're right, yeah.
Speaker 2: I think he was the one that realized that they were the ones that were in that city when it was mentioned at one of the parties.
Speaker 3: But Kate wakes up. In episode three, Kate wakes up, but she.
Speaker 2: Her powers are fucked up, but she wants to tell the truth about the assault, but Vault is covering it up because he wants to maintain the reputation everything about them. It's all about reputation and marketing and all of other which is probably why because of reputation, they decided to turn on the Snap Benefits again.
Speaker 1: But it's not that type of the.
Speaker 3: Show, you know.
Speaker 1: Uh but yeah, so, and that was a lot of that, you know.
Speaker 2: Of course, the Marie Auntie thing as well, and Emma joined the resistance against Homelander, and.
Speaker 3: Jordan and Marie professed their love for each other.
Speaker 2: But she Jordan gives a speech at the end and she kind of reveals that Andre died and she defended the star Lighters and.
Speaker 3: They all boom. I don't know why she decided to come clean though it was weird. They don't have no context for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't. I didn't. I don't really get it.
Speaker 6: That part didn't work.
Speaker 5: And their love story for me, I just don't care. I don't care all. So anytime that came up, I was like, bro, I don't care.
Speaker 6: I love you.
Speaker 3: I don't care, man, I don't care.
Speaker 1: It kind of.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, because even like, oh do you Yeah, it was it was a lot yeah, yeah, so you know, moving on, you know, Jordan of course gets criticized by the media, and then of course we already talked about the fight that they're arranged and they don't want to fight because they're you know, love each other. Marie and Cipher is trying to help her control her powers, and that's when she levitated that goat and she had to do the bags.
Speaker 3: And ship like that gonna kill that damn man, that poor goat.
Speaker 1: They called it go elon.
Speaker 6: You know about that.
Speaker 3: Get another one in here.
Speaker 6: I forgot what they called the other one, j Julia Fox, And I was like.
Speaker 1: What does she do? Yeah?
Speaker 2: But but no, I liked that they were trying to because I think he really made it. He really asked some really good questions, like what part of the blood can't control?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 1: This is that?
Speaker 2: Like you guys just use your powery, you don't know how to shit work. I thought that shit was really really dope. They come up with this whole plan to crawl through the pipes and they were trying to set Cipher up because Marie through the blood was like, Yo, this guy is human, He's not even one of us, which I thought was stupid. But I guess last Day was human. But I don't know why they just because. Okay, so here's why I thought it was stupid. His name is Cipher, and I was thinking with the name Cipher, he could just hide that if he wanted to. And maybe I was just thinking too the fact that hit the blood. But then again, why would he want to hide the fact that he had blood the GMV blood gm V compound.
Speaker 3: It is never mind.
Speaker 6: But I didn't even realized it until damn the show was over. About why he wouldn't.
Speaker 3: Have the V in his system?
Speaker 6: Well, because it's not him.
Speaker 3: Yeah remember, oh, because dude took over his body.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: But when I was watching, I was like, oh, that's it. That was the only time I was like, oh, Cypher's interesting. He doesn't have a power, but he kind of has a power. But when they finally explained it, I was like, oh, all right, yeah, because I got forgot to mention that Jordan and Kate break into his house and they discovered the Hyperbarty chamber that have to burn body up.
Speaker 4: So that's interesting that the old dude that took over his body could also be in him and be in someone else because he was controlling him controlling someone else.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was at which he's pretty powerful.
Speaker 2: It's almost like Professor att Yeah, yeah, you know, but there was a distinct. Well, his whole thing was he just wanted to get his body back. But he can control Marie because of thesa project, because he tried.
Speaker 3: He said that, Lady, he tried. He just can control her if you go to controller wins.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but she also needed better control over powers and because in order to heal him too, and that's another reason why they were trying to get Marie to and work on the powers too.
Speaker 3: So did he he had be for homeland? Right? Didn't he say that?
Speaker 4: Nor did I misread that because it seemed like he was trying to get Marie to get his power so he could have an advantage over Homeland.
Speaker 6: You might be right, I don't remember that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was. It wasn't very clear to me. It wasn't very clear to me.
Speaker 2: I know he had this whole superiority thing, supremacy thing or whatever going, but yeah, I wasn't very clear. But he explained to them that the person in the chamber was his father and he was just keeping him alive. And there was a whole fight that took place, and I thought she was gonna kill I thought Marie was going to kill Jordan.
Speaker 3: I didn't she can control her powers though she had just.
Speaker 5: I really didn't think they were going to kill her that early though, which I do think was a mistake. I think for the stakes to be so high in this show, there weren't.
Speaker 3: Enough deaths interesting, you right, They did kind of save everybody, which is making me think that they planned in this like.
Speaker 4: Crossover episode season type thing and what they wanted all of these people to be there for it.
Speaker 5: There they won an endgame moment, yeah, you know where there's going to be all of them teaming up because they're you know, we're jumping ahead, but you know, they joined the starlarers at the end. So yeah, I get it why they didn't kill them from a business standpoint, But at the same time, I was like, you could have killed one of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, it definitely would have been impactful, but I think they were just using Andre you though we never saw it the anchor for that.
Speaker 1: But I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think I think killing Jordan would have been interesting, but maybe I don't know if they would have been afraid of backlash for that or what not.
Speaker 6: Because it's the only on the show and they killed him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Kate could have been.
Speaker 2: I think Kate was the easiest one because I think you're right, Spy, she really didn't do.
Speaker 1: Shit the rest of the show.
Speaker 2: It's up towards the end, you know what you guys think about them kind of doing a whole Dempster for her this season because she was back in the whole every episode, Hey can you give me my powers back? Like she was acting like she didn't do it wrong.
Speaker 4: She's only interesting when she has her powers, Like her power is a dope power, being able touch people and get them to do whatever.
Speaker 1: You want to do, like what she made that doing.
Speaker 6: No, I was like, what the fuck is happening right now? What the hell I did?
Speaker 5: Like their powers were fun up, so when you try to use him, she couldn't tell what was going to happen.
Speaker 3: And then he came back. Ladies, she said, still pretty raw. That was dirty, man. I bet that she hurts Bron. He wanted.
Speaker 5: Tearing that ship was like, God, damn broil.
Speaker 2: Before man, when Emma was in the the fire, she came up in the toilet.
Speaker 6: Bro's crazy. God was crazy.
Speaker 3: I said, no, they're not gonna do it.
Speaker 5: Bro, and they did. I was like, Bro, why are we seeing this dude's ass whole? Why are y'all doing this to us?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 6: Knock it off?
Speaker 4: Find that way every season to go over the top. Yeah, I said, no, he's not to sit on this toilet.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought she was about it. I thought we're going to see the ship come out here. I thought they were going to go there.
Speaker 3: But oh man, I thought they was gonna go there.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it's Cipher. Then fall for the ship. Bro. He was like, yeah, it was this the right angle, this side, who's feeling with me? Blah blah blah. So none of that ship worked.
Speaker 2: So then in the episode five, we get this flash back, So sister Sage shows up.
Speaker 3: I forgot about her. This was weird and unexplained.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I wish I had a photographic memory of the last season of the Boys, but I can't understand why she's here.
Speaker 3: That's what I thought it was. No, she knew it was him, and du Yeah I know that, but it's like, there's this cameo appearance.
Speaker 2: She has a role in this whole thing, but we never she came up with the whole player.
Speaker 1: I know. But she was working with homelanding.
Speaker 4: Right right, and then he I'm not mistaken. At the end of the Boys, her homeland to had some like beef. It was a little rift. He stopped listening to her, okay, And this is what that's why I thought it made sense, because he stopped listening to her, if I'm not mistaken the last episode the season of the Boys, and now she's trying to find somebody more powerful to him.
Speaker 3: So she.
Speaker 6: That makes sense. I just don't remember what happened in the last season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they had a little slick little roof, Okay, So she was trying to use a doc and to get back home.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because this whole like weird freak, they were doing bro.
Speaker 6: I was like, I don't need this.
Speaker 1: She was like hard hard, and she was going to work and was over there just looking at mm hmmm.
Speaker 3: Man all that hey, man, she sure is.
Speaker 2: Because she was with somebody else in the boars, right, Yeah, she was doing some crazymeland. No, she was fucking somebody else, wasn't she. I thought she was working with the aqua man guy, No, did the deep.
Speaker 6: Wasn't she fucking with him?
Speaker 3: You might be right, I know somebody? Yeah, I think I don't know if it was Homelander.
Speaker 1: I think she was the dude. Yeah it was. I don't know what you're looking up. But yeah, So.
Speaker 2: Anyway, so, uh yeah, Emma tried to get Sam to join. Sam's like, nah, I'm good, and uh yeah it.
Speaker 1: Was so five. You know, you got sister Sage.
Speaker 2: So now she's on here and we're there's my notes on here, ship on off track down. I bet uh oh. I think the thing with this one is that really the big takeaway from me is whether or not Cipher is actually in the hyperbaric chamber, and that's why sisters Age was looking at him, and that.
Speaker 3: Was actually him, and that.
Speaker 1: Is Cipher.
Speaker 2: The Cipher was just the host of puppet and that the real body was in the pot. So that was like, okay, is this was happening here or not? So that was a big question. And then of course Annabeth we found out was alive at the end as well.
Speaker 6: And then she has powers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, where did that come from? She took she took the the stuff. What's the name of the V because remember she was like, I don't know you had powers.
Speaker 4: I thought she said she took the V when that parents gave it to them. If I'm not mistaken, I thought she said that, Yeah, I took me when you did.
Speaker 6: So either way, her powers were.
Speaker 1: Whack and they're not very good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's on his way. Then you show up.
Speaker 5: If I foresee myself walking into the car and I'm seeing the future, it's like, bro, what.
Speaker 2: She got the whole ship at the end wrong, Like none of that ship she envisioned came true.
Speaker 3: That's why I ain't listen to.
Speaker 2: Her, Like none of her stuff was I was like, bro, she is whacked. Something's about to happen. What what's gonna happen?
Speaker 6: I can't tell.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The big the big thing is that Marie brought ass back to life, which I thought was fucking crazy.
Speaker 3: Because she was like that yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: But she took me a while to figure out what happened because I was like, who killed her?
Speaker 2: I had to rewind, did she Yeah? I had to rewind because I didn't know what happened. I was like, oh, that's your sister.
Speaker 3: And then she went back locked in the jail, came back.
Speaker 1: She's dad.
Speaker 6: They had to fly out say it for me to get it.
Speaker 3: And then he said he did that on purpose because he knew that would trigger her to But I didn't get that at first. I was like, wait, what what?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Sam damn near killed his dad in this one. But I don't know if anybody cared.
Speaker 6: No weezing like a little bitch. Get up, man, he hit you that hard?
Speaker 1: Yeah, CP, Andre had a talk. Yeah uh.
Speaker 2: Andre's dad. Yeah yeah, polarity. Just why you called it polarity? Run cipher about Andre because when he stabbed his hand, Yeah, you can't feel pain because he ain't in his body, on his body, Yeah, like I can't feel that.
Speaker 3: Yeah it worked though, Let that ship go.
Speaker 6: He looked like a scared ass. Hegro the He's like ship.
Speaker 5: He looked like Tyree's on Walking Dead.
Speaker 3: Who I didn't know you could do that? So Tying on what he did?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 6: No, there was some other that was his name, wasn't it.
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah? Yeah man.
Speaker 5: They had the biggest buffist brother on this show, acting like a whole bitch, a whole bitch for the whole show.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So anyway, they escaped from Elmira, and of course Annabella as all these pre cop powers, they go to the library, take shelter there because who the fuck is look in the library and uh, Emmason is a message for Harper. I think that's the flying guy who contests polarity. But Cipher as controlling Cipher is making him slap the ship out of himself.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 6: But that was funny.
Speaker 1: It was like god, dann bro.
Speaker 2: But yeah, but I think what was dopeing this one was Cypher sent Viker after the motherfuckers. He showed up and beat there as again, man, bro, they need to leave this long man. But but and it's arrogance. He went up to Zoe, it was like, hey, you need to get out of here, get real, and she fucked him up.
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 1: Was that the girl?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: No, no, I forgot to mention her what they call her.
Speaker 2: Uh, I don't remember, oh, bush bush something bushwhacker, Yeah, something like.
Speaker 6: I was like, man, if you don't get this ship out.
Speaker 3: Of here because it was her tail, but tail Ashley is a chameleon. You can take the powers on.
Speaker 5: Yeah, first short period of time with the other Pubert girl, all she got is fu reach out and sort of like Medusa but down there.
Speaker 3: What it works.
Speaker 1: She turned the holes off.
Speaker 4: Man, that was probably that's probably the worst power with this whole uniqu that was why that was.
Speaker 1: What about the guy whose hands turning the feet?
Speaker 3: I'd rather have that. Yeah, I'm out here strangling motherfuckers with my pubic hair.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so all boys showed up. Stan Stan shows up, Stan Ecker, the guy.
Speaker 3: From what's his name? They gave him, Yeah, one Carlo, they came. He gave him somewhere to be. Yeah, this was a This was kind of mostly a setup episode. Uh.
Speaker 4: I think he made them a good offer, Like, didn he offer like back them as long as they fount with him, and they wouldn't.
Speaker 3: She tried to run away for no reason and revenge.
Speaker 2: Well, I think he was kind of just giving some more of a backstory about what happened with with Odessa that that home Lander and Marie with Aly successes and he shut down the project.
Speaker 1: Believing Marie to be a failure. But yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Think there was something, uh, because he wanted, Yeah, he wanted to use Thomas to.
Speaker 3: Take that Homelander and take that boy. And I think that was.
Speaker 1: The offer of that. She was like, nah, we did, We'll got our own.
Speaker 2: And then that's when Cipher tells Polarity that his plan is to kill all the week soups and leave the strongs.
Speaker 3: Which does that sound for me?
Speaker 2: It's supremacy of course, uh, starting with Goodkin and Polarity finally had enough and knocked his ass out of the window.
Speaker 3: And Kate again asked Maria Hiller and she says no, like Adam trusted you.
Speaker 2: And then the last two episodes, you know you have hell Weekend Trogan Annabeth she has another pre cod and which was wrong and so uh yeah so and Kate again asked for her powers.
Speaker 1: Uh but says no.
Speaker 2: But I thought it was interesting because Kate had this whole thing when she was asked for a power. She was like, she said, the reason she said, what they do is they tell them.
Speaker 3: How right they are, and she finally sees.
Speaker 2: Them for what they are and that they used them only for their own gang, and she realized that she was being played.
Speaker 3: And it sounds very much like a message moment message. Yeah, yeah, but I thought for me in.
Speaker 2: This episode, Marie was just fucking stupid and arrogant.
Speaker 3: She started to believe herself. Cipher filled her up with all that I thought she was Neil, Yeah, yeah, because they was, you know Annabel.
Speaker 2: Now I get her not listening to her sister Annabel, like, you know, like I seen the future and it's not good.
Speaker 1: You're gonna die. And she was like, nah, I.
Speaker 2: Can do this. I'm you know, gonna get it. Oh and then so she went along with it. Uh.
Speaker 1: In the midst of that, they go back and forth to.
Speaker 2: Cipru's house, Polarity Heills is healed by Marie, so you don't have the shakes anymore.
Speaker 1: I thought that was dope.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But then she goes in and there's a fight between Cipher and the group and Marietaker ass in there, and she heals Cipher and it turns out to be the good Dolcin. You mentioned that earlier they got they kind of you didn't see this one, well, or what point did.
Speaker 3: You kind of see that it was gonna be Goodkin?
Speaker 6: I don't think they. I don't think I knew it was him until they fucking literally showed it.
Speaker 5: I at no point did I think, oh, that's good olkin, that's in the house all putted up.
Speaker 6: I was wondering who it was the whole time.
Speaker 5: And I never thought it was good Okin, because I mean, the only thing we saw him at the beginning, they didn't really show him how many powers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they didn't reveal how it happened until at the beginning of episode eighty injecting himself.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yeah, they tried to stop her. I thought it was stupid, like they're telling her like, you know, people are gonna die if you go do this you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so, but yeah, so she held him. He goes back to life.
Speaker 2: I thought I did think though, when he I thought he was a good villain. Here though, this version of Thomas, he actually looked like.
Speaker 1: Like he was a villain. And he did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when he came up and he was just started talking all this shit, and Doug was like, don't kill me, but shit, hey man, that motherfucker's sucking them up.
Speaker 3: He whooked.
Speaker 2: There they were all over the ground struggling. But yeah, he revealed that he was just a regular old man. That's why you have the compound. Dub right, Bille who's controlled by Thomas, and then Kate, Emma, Annabel. They all escape and then we get to episode eight where you get the big fight where he reveals himself. Nobody questioned. He said, Hey, I'm back. You know we're gonna start. The rank is over. Everybody come to the thing.
Speaker 5: And this part was weird because how come nobody was like, who the fuck is this guy?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. You know.
Speaker 2: The only person that that thought it was weird was the guy that can teleport people. There was as Yeah, that was a yeah that's a bit much, but yeah. So but yeah, and this when it was revealed that one made worse than the pup, Yeah that was that's weird. But yeah it was in this was the one where it was in nineteen sixty severywhere he checked himself with. It was the same compound that Soldier Boy had and Stormfront had, So I guess this this was the version that to him, he just burned the fuck up. But but yeah, so uh and then Maurice just shook. She ain't trying to do ship, not trying to help anybody or anything. But why did black Nowar kill old boy and leave old boy killed dub Bright Bill? It was I only one confused by that, because he should have killed Polarity too, right.
Speaker 4: He looked up to him or something, and he wasn't he like happy to see him. When when did the moment when somebody.
Speaker 2: He was driving so remember he was driving in the car and Doug was saying the Andre thing. It was like, oh, yeah, you know, your son was a great hero. He was the greatest err i avene and then stop sore through the hood, I mean the roof and killed him. He came out of the car and then he took a selfie with him and then that's you know, they're in the jail cell and he's just talking to him about Aliens.
Speaker 3: Which what did you think about what he said about aliens? I'm trying to remember.
Speaker 4: I thought that he was just like this this hero to Black Noir and like one of the seven that he like respected or whatever. Maybe, And that's why because he took the selfie with it, and that's that's why I took it.
Speaker 3: That he didn't kill him. They never really said why they didn't.
Speaker 5: I feel like they said something to imply, but I cannot fucking remember.
Speaker 3: Do you remember what he said about the Aliens? About Aliens?
Speaker 6: No, damn man, why.
Speaker 2: He was saying that there were parts of the story of Aliens that didn't make sense. Oh yeah, yeah, so, and they were they were just doing it to get It was something about ammonia or something.
Speaker 3: And then I don't know, I can't remember what he said.
Speaker 1: I thought you would have remembered.
Speaker 4: Saying he was just a fan of the series, but there was something else that he said too.
Speaker 3: It was just random as fuck.
Speaker 1: It was so anyway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so he's having these seminars and he just wanted to eliminate the week and hands the.
Speaker 3: Powers over the control Marie.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: And he arrives and he just freighted up killed that guy that could uh, the guy that came out to guy's ass or whatever. But this was interesting because since the Sage first of all, Kadocans just went rope. He has his whole plan and she's up there like, yo, that's not the plan. Yeah yeah, why Maria as s And then all of a sudden, she wants to be a team player.
Speaker 1: Right now. You know, from now we're.
Speaker 2: Gonna prove as a proof as it, and we're gonna make decisions together. We in this ship because of your stupid ass. Anyway, but I thought it was funny when she walked up there and she was like, this isn't what we agreed on, Like, what the fuck are you doing?
Speaker 3: And she kind of gave him the whole black woman kind of look and.
Speaker 2: Speech and like that, and she like, he just he's just oblivious to it, because she was like, that's not how you tell Homelander.
Speaker 3: Well, you got surprots Homelander. This show up.
Speaker 5: I thought he was me too, me too, just a great show up, and the last one I thought he show up eventually.
Speaker 6: But I think they're just reserving that for these folks.
Speaker 5: Showing up in the Boys, because they never brought back what's his face?
Speaker 3: What's the Australian guy?
Speaker 6: Butcher? Butcher?
Speaker 5: Oh he was he was in the last season and they never even mentioned him this season.
Speaker 2: So yeah, well she turned on him quick because she went to she let Blarity out.
Speaker 3: Even though she says up ship.
Speaker 2: To him, and yeah, so because she disapproved of the whole plan, uh that she came up with. So, but that makes sense that you told me about the homelander thing. And then we have the big fight at the end where but guy came in and he teleported all them people through that.
Speaker 3: That's just so disgusting, bro, where are they going?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 6: Look, they don't ever come out covered in nothing, is what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I don't know, and already together.
Speaker 6: Doesn't stink?
Speaker 2: Yeah, my god, I thought this was stupid for her to go fight him, though.
Speaker 4: I was surprised that, like they brought him in and out that quick. I thought he would last a little bit longer, Like like did she kill him? Yes, she killed him, but I thought he would have been like how did she killed them?
Speaker 1: So remember the.
Speaker 2: First wave of weak suits, he like plowed through them. He fucked him up. He was starting to kind of fall apart, decomposed, so I guess he was supposed to be in a weakened state. And then there's a new wave came in and then she came in with the wave, and that's when they all fought him, and then he got control of her and she was fucking them up. And then that's when Polarity came in. And blasted him and she killed him when he was sitting down on.
Speaker 4: The ground his head because Polarity got some type of signal where he can't use his.
Speaker 2: Power because of his Yeah, because of polarities magnetic electromagnetic interference.
Speaker 1: He can't control Polarity.
Speaker 3: And it throws off him controlling other people too.
Speaker 1: Oh, I remember that point.
Speaker 3: They said that in the other one, one of the other episodes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because because Cipher was talking through why he could control him in what was going on or Yeah, so that with his plans.
Speaker 1: Why when he walked in Damn, I.
Speaker 3: Totally missed that, Yes, why he lost control of Marie because I was like, this is stupid.
Speaker 2: Your sister told you this ship was gonna happen, even though none of that shit happened. Yeah, I didn't see any blood, I guess because I thought the way the way Annabeth was talking was like, yeah, you go in there, I've seen you die. I've seen blood everywhere, and I've seen you die and it was blood of everybody else.
Speaker 6: It just made mean that this season, this season hasn't happened yet.
Speaker 5: Maybe because like, like you said, like she gave a detailed description of.
Speaker 6: What was gonna happen. We didn't see any of it.
Speaker 5: Marie was pulling blood, but I don't remember her remember that being a bunch of people on the ground.
Speaker 6: I don't know it was a.
Speaker 2: Bunch of people on the ground and stuff like that. But the way Annabeth was talking was like Marie was gonna die and she didn't.
Speaker 3: I mean, she got controlled.
Speaker 4: But I think they're gonna do like what Mike said, that scene gonna be in another Seed season.
Speaker 1: I don't think so. I think it was that scene.
Speaker 2: I think I think her papa was aware she going to see a couple of the future that it's just done.
Speaker 3: Wait, hold on. Somebody even called her out, somebody it's been wrong.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, because she was talking spicy to her sister, like because she was like, I.
Speaker 1: Know you have power.
Speaker 2: You're like, yeah, well you killed my damn parents. Ain't probably get a chance to tell you.
Speaker 1: They made up in there.
Speaker 2: So yeah, but either way, I go, uh, that was pretty much it.
Speaker 4: After that, you know, they did a together scene with Homeland. I mean, uh, Starlight, what's the fast.
Speaker 1: Dude name they trained? Who's on the good side of you guys?
Speaker 3: What? What that ship was?
Speaker 1: Lame?
Speaker 3: We saw Jordan's which side to go piece? She was like, that's not fair.
Speaker 6: That was funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah uh And at least Starlight made it to being stupid.
Speaker 3: She was like like.
Speaker 2: D you know, since the Sage were playing all the information, I fell for it like idiots.
Speaker 4: So I wonder how do they play? Like do they make this in The Boys now? Or is it gonna be a season together? Like how do they do?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: What I did like is it felt very comic book ish, but this is based off of comic how this new team was formed at the end. But because when they defeated Kadoka and Polaris, like you guys got to get out of here, you.
Speaker 3: Know, they go turning ship to a movie, right, that's what's gonna happen.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean the next season of The Boys is already, haven't they said they wrapped up filming already. I'm pretty sure they they said that. Like I said, I'm thinking they're just it could be a movie. But I'm thinking they're just gearing up for an endgame moment where they can have as many people as they need to fighting some big fucking battle.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh no, this this season was was fine. You know, I just.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think they set up what they needed to set up, you know, Marie being a focal point Godkin, I think was a I think it was a forminal villain.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah. Once he got going, you know, he was, he was going.
Speaker 2: Maybe they needed more time maybe instead of like an episode and a half maybe too or three episodes of him just completely checking, you know. And I do like the idea of Marie being very powerful. I think her advantage is just being able to explode blood.
Speaker 4: Owned by did she like I don't foresee some major showdown with her at Homelander.
Speaker 6: I would they gotta give us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if Homelander fly, she just stopping with the blood.
Speaker 6: But they set Homeland her off to be like this bad motherfucker.
Speaker 3: He just hit her with the lays rise.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: He's also had more training than Marie, though, if she continues to go through training. It was funny when she was calling side for Yoda. Yeah, but I buy into her being as powerful. I think the blood makes sense. I thought it was stupid. Now I get it. It makes a lot more sense. Now she can levitate controls certain aspects.
Speaker 1: Of the blood.
Speaker 2: She's able to kind of heal people yeah, although I was wondering how long it would last because Polarity he got healed and his ship stayed. Kate got her powers back, but she ain't really do shit with it. But with Doakin, power didn't last. He still he started decomposing.
Speaker 4: M hmm, I want to can't she healed herself? Mhmm, but I guess she'd be dead so she couldn't do it.
Speaker 2: You mean you mean bring us up at the life resurrect Yeah, I don't know how because there will be no human consciousness.
Speaker 1: To do it.
Speaker 3: I feel like there's some bullshit that they'll try to pull. Definitely.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Anyway, Uh well a not bad?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Sor right, yeah, not bad? How much long do you guys think they can go with with this? Though it's close?
Speaker 6: They didn't they say that the next season of the Boys was the last one. I thought I read that.
Speaker 3: Maybe I'm wrong. It's getting close to to the end.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, because I don't.
Speaker 2: I think at some point we got to reach a conclusion with the franchise.
Speaker 3: Yeah, jus right, yeah, last season okay, cool? Cool? Yeah, I don't think they need to drag it out much longer.
Speaker 5: No, we've seen enough now we have a formidable opponent against Homelander. Let's see what she does with this, you know. So, I'm thinking this next season they're just going to bring everybody together because the Nazi, the Nazi chick is dead, that that Homelander was fucking around with, so he doesn't have Does he have Anyboddy with him?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I think it's just him.
Speaker 6: It's just him, and I guess because he was still cool with Noir, wasn't.
Speaker 5: Hell Yeah, well talker now, Oh that's right, because it was a different guy.
Speaker 6: The other one's actually dead.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I don't see I don't see anything for jam V season three. Y'all think we need one.
Speaker 5: I don't think depend on what to do with the Boys, because the Boys will be out before they could possibly release another season of.
Speaker 2: This, so this should be it then. Yeah, so it's a good place you gots talking about that? Yeah, yeah, I think so. I think we got a good conclusion to the store. I think everything is set up. Marie's supposed to be that motherfucker we go to. We have the big showdown and the final season of the Boys. Yep, it makes sense. I think that's that's the best plan. I don't they don't need. The longer they stretched this out, the worst is gonna start getting mm hmmm. So yeah, all right, I'm on board. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm still enjoying the series very much.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 2: But yeah, and I thought, you know, this is was enjoyable. I enjoyed it so and uh, I think a lot of people are. I think it's it's getting ready pretty highly, you know.
Speaker 3: So no bombing from the right because they're upset about everything.
Speaker 5: They're probably just not watching or they're watching in silence and not telling anybody anyway.
Speaker 2: Man, that's gonna do it for us. Man, we'll catch you guys. Let us know what you think about the boys. Uh well, chen V season two and we'll cat you on because well damn, we'll catch you guys next time.
Speaker 1: We are pleas