Speaker 1: Stephanie White is the coach of the Indiana Fever, and she made a statement before the game that the Fever played against the New York Liberty. That did not help her, did not help the Indiana Fever, did not help the WNBA. If anything, it made her look weak, it made the team look weak, and it made the WNBA look like they don't quite understand what the issue is. Tony Katz, Tony Katz today and for the Jamel Hills and everybody else who wants to say that we don't have the right to talk about this and we're just obsessing over this because of race. The WNBA has a choice to make. The WNBA can decide that they are in the business of being a league, or the WNBA can decide that they are in the business of being a welfare recipient. Four years the WNBA was a welfare recipient. The NBA wanted to create a league for women. The league never made any money, the league never got any traction, and yet it's still got funded. Now, living in Indiana might be different our team than other teams, because this is this is a basketball state, right The expression here is in forty nine other states. It's just basketball but this is Indiana. They take it at a level I cannot describe to you. It's unbelievable. Rights it's in the same way this this state views the month of May because that's when the Indianapolis five hundred happens. Now, every state has something that connects for the people who live there. It is a thing for them. Basketball for sure, for sure, And so we did pay attention to the Indiana fever and we had great Tamika Catchings was a great ambassador for the league and was a star of her time. And then Caitlyn Clark came to town. Well the rest is history, as you know, and more people paid attention, and that upsets some people because this girl was getting attention and these weren't getting attention, and this was big a tree, and that's when the crazy fouls would start. Some things I think Caitlyn Clark complained about that weren't worth complaining about. And some things she was absolutely right and everybody saw it. But with Caitlyn Clark came the opportunity to become a league that could be self sufficient. They went from commercial flights to charter flights, private better hotels. They started to play in real arenas they moved games and people were like, well, if you're gonna put on a show, we want to see it. If it's gonna be entertaining, we want to see it. My daughters now want to go absolutely, I'm taking them fantastic. The w NBA has on every level shown that they were not up to the moment, because it's not that they could control the criticism criticisms from without. It has nothing to do with the criticisms from without. They could not handle the criticisms from within the players, the coaches and the media that clearly didn't want this for their little league. And so there's been a lot of talk and with the Sophie Cunningham conversations about how girls sports would be for girls. They don't like that either. And now going after Sophie Cunningham and the clothes line uh tackle if you will from uh De Johnny uh dejohn de Janna is a Dejona, the Djona djon a thank you Djna Carrington and people have been talking about this more. Well. This became a thing because it was a close line. By the way Sophie Cunningham has done this before. She's tackled people on court before, she got thrown out of the game. Carrington got thrown out of the game, and then she immediately put white privilege. Good lord, she's trying to backtrack that a lot of criticism. That brings us to the coach of the Indiana Fever, Stephanie White, who, when first asked about the foul against her player Sophie Cunningham, was like, listen, these girls are gonna play hard. And now she comes to have a presser where she is going after the detractors and claiming she never saw the play.
Speaker 2: You know, this isn't necessarily for those people that are in this room.
Speaker 1: This is more for an.
Speaker 2: Online community that's trying to create narratives that simply don't exist, trying to create a fabrication or disortion of who I am, of what I'm about. Our player's success, our player's health and wellness, our player safety is always a top priority. One of the things I pride myself on is my relationships with players. For those who have anything to say about the play in the last game, I didn't see the play in real time. I went straight to a press conference. I thought the play got called right, thankfully, Sophie's okay, was it egregious. Absolutely. When you have a chance to watch that over and over and over on replay, you can see that I didn't have that in real time. I take personally sorry any suggestions that I don't one hundred always have my players back. I ride with them ten toes down all the time, all of the time. They know that it's a shame that we can't have an opportunity to talk about what great basketball they're playing because they are team playing. The reality is with me.
Speaker 1: I will always lead with love, I will always lead with.
Speaker 2: Grace, I will all lead with humility, and I will always lead with integrity. Doesn't mean I'll always get a writer. I'm also human. The hate, the fear mongering, the divisiveness, the stuff that's trying to hijack our league will not win.
Speaker 1: It won't win.
Speaker 2: We are united, we are connected. We will not be divided. Every day. These women put their ass on the line every day when they go low, we go high. Love go win, Grace will win, Humility will win, and kindness will win. I stand by them. I will always stand by them. Everybody else can go to hell.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, I'm gonna start where I start. That was poorly done. That was poorly advised. She embarrassed herself, She embarrassed the Fever organization. She embarrassed the WNBA. If you allow your emotions to control you, there is nothing else that can happen. Now, it's possible that men see this differently than women looking at my chat room. Nope, we all see it the same way. But I want to break down a couple of things she said, just to show how disconnected it is from reality. The online community has an issue. You mean the fan You mean the people who want to show up and want to pay you. They want to give you their money, And you're making it more and more difficult because you won't admit that they targeted Caitlin Clark, and you won't admit that there's a real racism within the WNBA, and you won't say the W stand for women. If you did not see the foul in real time, Coach White, why did you comment on it? I think that's a very legitimate criticism. Why'd you comment on it? Why not say I didn't see it. I need to go back and watch it. You defended Carrington, you defended Djona. Shouldn't have You should have admitted to that. You're going to lead with love, grace, humility, and integrity, and hate, fear mongering and divisiveness will not win. Tell that to the players in the WNBA, Tell that to the coaches in the WNBA. Tell that to the media in the WNBA, not me. Love will win, grace and kindness will win, and everybody else can go to hell. Well, if you wanted to take a big giant crap on your own message, Coach White, bravo. You did no favors here for yourself, for your team, or the league. And I think there should be a conversation about whether or not you have the temperament to be a coach, because as a fan you just told them to go to help.
Speaker 2: I'm toning, guys,