Speaker 1: Holy chess man half swooning. Yes, Garie wanna help you to the team. It's Garante.
Speaker 2: Gary has the tea and the color the other day Gary, good morning, Happy Friday, loomis.
Speaker 1: Good morning, riding, Good morning in America. The one of you is.
Speaker 3: It's Friday, a beautiful and here's what's happening in celebrity news, y'all, Jamie Foxx.
Speaker 1: This is so touching out it's being reporting, y'all.
Speaker 3: Jamie Foxx and his expected girlfriend is Alsie Huckstep y'all are feeding in some quantity day night date downtime, y'all during a baby.
Speaker 1: D the call now they're saying, y'all.
Speaker 3: At the fifty eight year old Oscar Winner and Huckspet, y'all were spinding honey stepping out for a low key dinner at the upscale seafood hot spot Crustasians.
Speaker 1: In Beverly Hills.
Speaker 3: Now, following their millisenter, the cover of y'all was captured waiting by the LA in a sleep complimentary sleep street style ensemble. Now, Jamie, i'd say, kept his classes look and relaxed and a fitted black t shirt, matchy black trousers and a woven straw door. Meanwhile, missus Alsie y'all probably showcase her blossoming baby bump and a body called y'all, sleepless black Maxie dress. Oh she looks amazing, y'all.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Now they say that the romantic out of hundred fouls.
Speaker 3: The news breaking that the couple is this facing their first child together. Wow, this will mark Alsie's first time stepping into mother. They say it will be baby number three for mister Jamie Fox.
Speaker 1: Y'all, they had a beautiful thing, y'all.
Speaker 3: Himn it's a beautiful European woman stepping out honey at nice Crustacean in Beverly Hills, and she's about to give birth to a baby, and he's about to have his third child.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be her first one. I understand these people. How would you know?
Speaker 3: Because first of all, my thing is this, I mean, Jamie, I mean, everybody got typed. You should definitely have your type and stuffing, what have you and what's and so on and so forth. Though, But I mean this woman under now she's carrying her baby for mister Fox, a multi millionaire, and this is his her non African American child, and they look amazing together and how they say they stepped out at the restaurant.
Speaker 1: He had on this and she had on that. I mean, you know, come on, who cares? Hell? Who cares? And she glowing and all.
Speaker 3: Of us to her when he was dating a dog on African American. Ain't nobody saying about her glowing. But she gets to glow, y'all, so could graduation? Graduation, congratulations to her and the baby glow. And you know, even though I do watch Jamie Fox Shaw, I love that show, Honey that comes on the other night, Honey. But anyway, I'm confused because I'm trying not. I'm just gonna let it go, Honey, moved on when I'm a celebrity, do y'all? Pot poos? Y'all are pat poos? He filed for the boy, y'all because they say he is serious about Clarissa Shills, according to you know, the boxing champion. Now they say she'll defended their relationship during the interview recent with the Atlanta Radio Honey, after she was asked how much longer is she.
Speaker 1: Planning to date somebody's husband?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, well, they say, well baby, She'll be replied before the interview finished the question. She said, cause that's not somebody's husband. First of all, she said, Pot Poops filed for the boss. Now she'll say that, honey. She rejected the scripture because Pat Poos, y'all has taken a legal step, y'all to end his marriage to miss read me mark, she said. Quote y'all hate to say that word, she said, but it's the word, honey, that's out there. She said, he filed for the boss because he's serious about me. So I'm not hunting with somebody's husband. Unquote. I like Patpoos and Clarissa. I ran some in the airport and stuff and talk to him, and they seem to be a nice couple and supper. Why poor people? Somebody do that to clif that woman is a single woman and a legend he's a single man, and what happened? So, I mean they they single people and they both in love, and she's about to have a fight I'm soon, honey. So they need to leave them alone and let them live their lives.
Speaker 1: Brad, what you know about it?
Speaker 4: Yep, I'm just happy. Yeah, you know, love love. You know, they found love and ended relationship that probably was not good for them or they didn't like the relationship they was in, and sometimes you just have to move on until you find what's a good fit for you.
Speaker 2: You only have one light to live, Like the soap I was said, one life to live because you don't want to end up in general hospital. And then with all these children.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, yeah, another one, these babies at the edge of the night, give you the other one. You only got one light to live.
Speaker 3: Because you're doing what you gotta go as the world turns absolutely.
Speaker 1: Searching for tomorrow. One man have behind medlock.
Speaker 3: Yeah I know, godd y'all know what time it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just loved you. People were just really ricky love. Everybody loves Charla La.
Speaker 3: They love shahlah Lah.
Speaker 1: The Colada to day. Y'all, here is mellow yellow.
Speaker 3: On the high you say mellow yellow, and on the Lord you say beautiful.
Speaker 1: Yellow.
Speaker 2: Is green for us today yellowish green. All right, y'all give it up and Gary with the team.
Speaker 1: Did you see that post people of talk? Here's what's singly funny?
Speaker 2: Shall All right, y'all on this guess they're dropping classic for decades and gave us timeless anthems like blow to whistle, again on I'm a player in so many more. He is a legend from the West Coast of storyteller and entrepreneur. Y'all please working in the one and on the too short in the building.
Speaker 1: To show so he man, Hey man, happen to have you this morning. Thank you for coming. Yeah, Man, it's early, yes, says really, it's real early man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just for the wrong folks that people just driving to work right here. You got to be up earder to be fooling with us. And listen, you've been in hip hop for over four decades and your new album drop.
Speaker 1: Congratulations on that. Still doing it man, Yes, sir, tell us about the album.
Speaker 5: The album is one hundred percent completely produced by Little John and I usually don't say much after that. I'm just like, I got an album the Little jiant producer.
Speaker 1: Right, it's fin to kill the clubs.
Speaker 5: It's it's it's good energy, man, it really is, because if you've been watching John lately, he's in a really good space.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it comes out.
Speaker 5: Into music man. And even his son he just the son has passed away. Man, he was involved in the album too. So it's it's dope.
Speaker 6: Loved that so yeah, Little John and is a late sun Slade produced the record Drinking Smoke, your new single, and I absolutely love it. It's got Forty and Tiger on it. That thing go crazy. How was it in the studio with Forty? Will you worked with Forty all the time? About Tiger?
Speaker 5: Everybody's just you know, at a professional stage, like you know, absolutely when we youngsters and stuff were getting the session on this up the ogs, man, it was just it's done, and it's and it's everybody knows how to record themselves and what I need to be doing and how to put my ad libs and stack the vocals or whatever.
Speaker 1: You gotta do. So it's it's like it's like roller skating downhill. Okay, easy, all right.
Speaker 7: So former VP Kamala Harris said you are her favorite rapper alive. Just imagine the VP walking around the house, rocking around White House saying, what's.
Speaker 2: My favorite work?
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 7: So how did it feel when she handpicked you to interview her during her presidential special for BT.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, it's it's a lot of favoritism in there because she is from the Bay Area, Oakland, California, and I think it runs a little deeper than blow the whistle. It goes all the way back to like she told me when she was a freshman at college, she popped up at college with what a too short tape?
Speaker 1: That's right, that's what's up.
Speaker 5: So that like you know that that runs a little deeper, man. So so just you know, just to show that hometown love. We got it. We got a little fraternity out there. It's called Oakland. Yeah, people don't know.
Speaker 1: You know, Chicago got there, Yeah they do. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Everywhere where are you from? You in New York or y'all got y'all little NYC mob, you know?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Right, so us Bay area folks, we we kind of like a you know, we keep it together.
Speaker 1: So not too blow the whistle. Just hit his twentieth anniversary.
Speaker 3: That's crazy, come back to blow the whistle when they see how many people just go.
Speaker 2: How do they react to it when you do it on stage?
Speaker 5: But it's still it still goes up, man, And I hear it every night I go out wherever I'm at, they play it. But the funniest thing is probably like the grocery store, I'll be on seven and somebody on our eight going, what's my favorite word. I don't even see them, I just hear them.
Speaker 1: I'm like, Okay, that's dope.
Speaker 2: Dope.
Speaker 6: We'll show hip hop turns fifty three this year and you're the only artist to ever work with Biggie Pop and jay Z. Would you say about working with such iconic legends and do you have any personal little stories you could share with us?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, I gotta say this though, because people were like, They're like, oh man, that's a big feat. But you gotta remember I was on before a lot of people. So when I get a call from jay Z saying I want you on a song, I probably had three full platinum albums before he even got rolling, you know.
Speaker 1: So I call myself the big homie.
Speaker 5: I'm the big homie, and the honor in that is that they called me.
Speaker 1: And that's a beautiful thing.
Speaker 5: That's like, you know, I was doing a lot back in the day, you know, keeping it active. Platinum, platinum, platinum, platinum. I did like six platinum albums in a row, and another four gold albums around that, and a lot of features, a lot of features. But I'm gonna tell you.
Speaker 1: Remember we used to go to the Outcast picnic and that was a big deal every year, big big event.
Speaker 5: And this dude was sitting in a limo and he flagged me over and he said that, he said, you know, like New York is talking like your kid.
Speaker 1: You got a lot of love in Brooklyn, your son, you know like that. And I was just like, what's up? Left it at that? A little time go by.
Speaker 5: I'm on the tour bus after the show smoking with Biggie. We were kicking it, we we pow wow, and he's like, man, you remember that time and limo.
Speaker 1: He was like, man, that was me And like what.
Speaker 5: Because he was on the he was on the upward trajectory, but he wasn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't know his face yet, but you know yet.
Speaker 5: But those moments, like you know, you could probably like you you you on and somebody else trying to get on and you treat him like trash in that moment could have been a whole different thing.
Speaker 1: But I you know, showed the brother love back and.
Speaker 5: Next thing, you know, I'm on two three songs and Biggie and it's legendary.
Speaker 1: So so you know that's how it worked. Careful how you treat people.
Speaker 5: You got you gotta you gotta keep that humble. You want that longevity, you gotta stay humble.
Speaker 1: That's right, That's what we tell you all the time.
Speaker 3: You just sit down with your youngest self just before Honey, your first album drop.
Speaker 1: What's one piece of advice you'll give yourself.
Speaker 5: I've often thought about that, and I think I really feel like you gotta go through.
Speaker 1: It, man, like you can't. There's no cheat code.
Speaker 5: If you go back and cheat and tell yourself all this stuff the right stuff.
Speaker 1: To do, then you're not gonna live and learn.
Speaker 5: You're not gonna amen, You're not gonna have fun being young and dumb and get it get it together later on. I'm just glad it happened the way it happened. I feel like I think that all of us would probably say the same thing and go back and tell ourselves how to handle the money better.
Speaker 1: Okay, Morning Show We Got to be You had a question recently on the show.
Speaker 7: We were talking about the lyrics to Young Miami's song Spin that it's it's basically the summer song. You know the song and summer, but a lot of people are complaining about the lyrics, and we would know, who do you feel is most responsible when it comes to the younger fans listening to music with thews the lyrics.
Speaker 1: Is it the artist, is the parents?
Speaker 7: Is it even a.
Speaker 1: Problem at all? Well? Is it a problem?
Speaker 5: I think the problem is hip hop is considered to be one genre. It's called hip hop, and it's just like, oh, that's rap. And the problem is we should have gave hip hop multiple subgenres a long time ago, and you should know that that song fits in the category with songs like that. You have really uplifting songs, you have gospel songs, you have dance songs, you have gangster songs.
Speaker 1: You have a.
Speaker 5: Gangster song is not the same thing as a cocaine song, Like it's a different era. So I think that falls in in the category of you could say that's scammer rap. There's a whole bunch of scammer songs out there, you got, you got whole rap, you got stripper rap, you got all this stuff. But you know, we we can't just collupt all this good music into one category and call it hip hop and say I like hip hop because there's so much of hip hop from day one, not true, not, and I know, mumble rapping none, it's so much hip hop I have never liked in my life, and it's so much that I love. And you can't tell me which one. You can't tell me which one to like, which one not to like, what is the best?
Speaker 1: What's not? I think it's just that's adult music.
Speaker 5: It has an adult subject and if you don't like it, it's music.
Speaker 1: You don't got to tell everybody else not to like it. Just don't like it. It's cool.
Speaker 5: I know too many kids, too many adults that said I was two years old in my diaper, in my mama's car, my daddy's car with loud woofers in the back bump in my two year old ears to death with dirty two short songs like I've been listening to this my whole life.
Speaker 1: So that's a parential thing.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 5: The parents who curse in front of their kids, uh, smoke weed in front of their kids. Come on, now, that's a lot going on out there as easy. I think it's I think it's all okay if that's how you run your house.
Speaker 6: On the outside of music show, what's something that you're passionate about the fans may not know.
Speaker 5: I just my my whole thing in life is being looking at people with potential and wanting them to know that you are great. You are really the one like a lot of people that I work with coming up, people like Little John. I'm like, I'm applying to the artists. He's up and coming. I'm like, dude, you're way better than me. Like like, I'm like trying to give people that I see these talented people, and you know, talented people have a major flaw of like really maximizing their talent sometimes because they're so into themselves. They're like, man, I'm a start, Like like, bro, if you don't focus and becoming but.
Speaker 2: None that sound real good? And why you don't say that to me? When they bowed my ass and Birmingham BC in nineteen ninety came to me, came to against the rap show in a suit.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 5: He was the only he was the only person in the building with a suit on man and everybody else is probably wearing all black.
Speaker 1: Of a sudden came in with a suit.
Speaker 5: I bet you did a million shows where you murdered the crowd, but that that's the one you remember though, Hey.
Speaker 1: That was my first show.
Speaker 2: He was him Ice Cuban, the Lynch Mob, the Jttle Ball, I went on stage with a suit on him with a comedy club bag.
Speaker 1: I didn't know any better, and then too short. I try to sugar he.
Speaker 2: Should he ain't gave me love, but he kind of like like, get away from me, man. I don't want to get booed either. It'sous. What would you do if you had to do over? I'll probably come up on stage dressed like y'all cussin, cussing out the crowd of roasting people. I should have roasted them, but I had jokes that I wanted to tell, Oh, man, oh, that was the funniest thing I know. I never.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I'm so short.
Speaker 7: A lot of hip hop icons are dropping new music, including you. What inspired you to drop this project now? And do you think the rappers of today are taking notes?
Speaker 5: Well, you know, my inspiration literally is not about making new music. It's just about making a statement that there is no age limit, there is no time frame that you got to get in and get out. It's this is really uncharted territory. Like you just said, hip hop is fifty three. We're doing a lot of first man and like this is a this is our first wave of senior citizen rappers. That are like, I mean, I'm literally like I got a seven year old daughter. But all the homies, the hip hop homies, they all got grandkids older than my kid.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 5: It's like it's it's that time in life. Snoop Doggie dog is a granddaddy.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: Like we was talking about this last night. Kids.
Speaker 5: The kids are grown, man, and it's like, uh, you don't have to stop rapping, man, just because you got they call you papa on your day off. You could you can still keep going. Man, I'm about and I'm not just dropping one album. It's like it's like a four part series. Right, let's go and let's go. I'm doing it because because I can. There's no reason if there's no hit record, if there ain't if nobody ever comes in and go, Man, I like that album you're dropping. You said, I don't care. I'm on the studio. I ain't going to the rock and chair on the porch right and be like you know, boy, I used to be on stage. I'm not going. I'm not going there, man, I'm just I'm grandpa. Will be walking like a pill.
Speaker 1: Come on too.
Speaker 2: Short in the building, man, Thank you this morning for Jordans let everybody know how they can follow you.
Speaker 5: Hey, I jumped on the on the wagon early man. It said everything too short. I got it all locked down.
Speaker 1: Too short. T O O S H O r T. Y'all give it up a sug your love for the legendary. Too short.