Speaker 1: The Frames per Second podcast, What's going on in ship Boy?
Speaker 2: Nick, I'm here with the right How y'all doing?
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 2: I am Spike Lou of the on Deck TV show How you doing?
Speaker 4: Man? What up?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 4: Pretty good? And Mike c town Yo and Ken Spying hold off and you now.
Speaker 5: Tune in into another episode of Frans per Second Podcast. And in this episode, we are continuing on with our weekly recaps of the hit HBO original series starring Z and Dea titled Euphoria. This recap will be dedicated episode four, going off of what I was mistakenly saying last recap that y'all was clowning me for Kitty likes to dance.
Speaker 2: So we finally got to that one. I wasn't just fooling out of my ask.
Speaker 5: But yeah, we are four episodes, iny, What did you say?
Speaker 4: Was it? Is it eight episodes the season or nine?
Speaker 6: I didn't say nothing, because I have no idea. I think it is something around.
Speaker 4: That it's short though.
Speaker 5: It's not like we may be halfway through the season at this point, I believe, or at least one episode. Hey, okay, so then yeah, we are halfway through the season already. So that's crazy how time is going. But but yeah, I want to get us overall thoughts on this episode because I think it will be a very interesting conversation. But I want to start off with Mike because we weren't able to get your thoughts on episode three, So catch us up to did you enjoy last episode and how you feel about this one?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I thought last episode was the best episode of the season so far. I really liked last episode, especially when they were whooping dates ass and they cut they cut off his pinky toe. I liked it. This new one, it was It was a pretty big step down. It was fine. It wasn't a bad episode. It was nowhere near as good as last week, though, and it's mainly due to the fact that I don't care about Cassie's story and I don't I don't like this Nate. They should have just got a different actor and just acted like this was like a multiverse or some shit, because this Nate sucks. So yeah, this this episode wasn't was It wasn't bad, It wasn't trash or anything. It just it just wasn't great.
Speaker 7: I saw people wanting to know what you thought about the faz thing because I think you were the one that was adamant that you didn't want to see Fez talking on the phone or something like that. You remember that, remember saying that in one of the one of the last episodes.
Speaker 4: I don't remember saying that, but I do believe you that I said that, And if I said that, I take it back. I thought what they did with with rud talking on the phone to him was super respectful. And I didn't know this until a friend of mine told me, But that was like something he Whatever she said to him was something that he always says on his Instagram posts. Fuck I forget what it like one love or some you know, some old school ass rap phrase. Fans would always put that in his Instagram post. So she said that to him on the phone, So I thought. I thought it was good. I liked it. So what about your thoughts, lou can you hear me?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Always muted.
Speaker 8: It was a significant step down from last week. I don't I didn't like a lot of this. I didn't like Jewels part. I didn't care about Cashie's part. I did not want to see Ruby a snitch. I know we had a long conversation about that here last week. And they took it exactly where I didn't want them to go because I feel like that's so played out, like all the normal tropes that you hit with somebody wearing a wire, they hit him, uh, the boss suspected them like it was just so cliche.
Speaker 4: I didn't like any of that.
Speaker 8: So the episode in itself isn't bad, but it don't live up to last week, and I don't like where it's going as far as a plot.
Speaker 5: All Right, Rod and A, I'm I'm solidity, y'all gonna start with nay and then Rob, you go ahead and follow up.
Speaker 6: So y'all know, I was underwhelmed with last episode and I was slightly underwhelmed with this one.
Speaker 9: I agree it was even with me being underwhelmed, this was a step down. I like, I don't really want to see Wu as a switch.
Speaker 6: I understand in the story how we got here, sure, does it make sense?
Speaker 3: Sure, but the.
Speaker 6: Tension and yeah, the cliche tension of do they know?
Speaker 4: Do they not know?
Speaker 6: While I don't like it if honestly the only thing that really kept my attention this episode, because you've grown such an affinity for Rude that you don't want to see anything happen to her, so but it still feels like.
Speaker 3: Very dumb.
Speaker 6: So yeah, that was a bit of a disappointment. But I did like the comparison they did of sex.
Speaker 3: Work in this episode.
Speaker 6: I thought that was interesting, and even though it was short, I actually liked the conversation that Jules's artwork brought up.
Speaker 3: So there were things.
Speaker 6: About it that I liked, but it wasn't enough to make me like the episode.
Speaker 7: That's a really good breakdown because I share saying symphonis to a certain degree. Yeah, just like I don't know if it was because we talked about it so heavily last week is why I was annoying or if I'm actually annoyed by it, because I think it does work in the story and it was intriguing in person.
Speaker 3: It did bring some sort of No, it did bring attention. Absolutely. Did I do like the fact like how how they were.
Speaker 7: Using the wire to help her out of the jam, so uh so, yeah, I did. I did like that part. But no, I mean I thought it was I thought it's definitely a step down, for sure. I kind of anticipated it being a step down, honestly, because I felt like last week was really good.
Speaker 4: What about you, Kim.
Speaker 10: Overall, I liked it, you know, I think, if anything, I am somewhat concerned. We're halfway through and I don't know what we're doing here. But there were definitely like moments, you know, throughout the episode that I was talking to the TV and just trying to make sense of what was going on.
Speaker 1: But overall it didn't bother me as as much as the rest of y'all.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I agree with mostly everyone as far as like this wasn't a great episode or it definitely didn't live up to I guess how interesting and somewhat exciting last episode was, because if I.
Speaker 2: Remove the Rude Alamo.
Speaker 5: Lori situation from this episode, it's so it's almost a nothing burger for me personally. I do find Lexi's storyline a little bit interesting just because of she's in she's kind of like entry level in the industry, and you know, she's seeing like the dudes and don'ts of it and then always also the Jewels aspect.
Speaker 4: I want to see how that plays out.
Speaker 5: But mostly I only was like, Wow, I'm really only invested in this series to see what's the fuck gonna happen with Rude. Granted, I know she's in there, she's the star of the show. But I felt like beforehand it was a little bit more balanced. You can kind of bounce around and be like, Okay, I'm fine with being with this focus or this storyline before we get back to the main thing. But it was so it was it was all right episode. It wasn't even super high. It was just all right. But going into this episode, I want to I want to save the Rue Alamo stuff for the later a little bit later, just because I think that's the biggest piece that we'll have a big discussion that. So I just want to get through the bullshit first.
Speaker 4: Even though the.
Speaker 5: Episode starts off with us seeing Rue, you know, get arrested in the backseat of a car or a da car, I'm gonna start with Nate and Cassie because we slide back to their scene or their uh perspective. I think like the day after or a few maybe a week after that incident that happened in the last episode, and Nate is like, to your point, Nay, Mike, he is different.
Speaker 2: I thought I would see a switch by now. Again, we're halfway.
Speaker 5: Through it, but he is just a normal guy. He's just bad with his money. That's just how he's being portrayed as opposed he was previously. But we see that he's trying to put a positive spin on the whole situation. But what did y'all think about I'll start with you, Mike, what did you think about his conversation with Cassie as far as in that living room scene when he was just talking about his toe and how it represents optimism and.
Speaker 4: Shit, I want to turn this bullshit off. I straight up, I was just like, what the fuck is this? Who is this guy? Why is he fucking telling poems and shit? This isn't Nate. This that corny ass dude that was playing the guitar singing that bullshit ass song to fucking Root. I can't remember that dude's name, but they didn't bring his bitch ass back the blind Yeah, the fucking guy with a little tattoo on his face that you find what you need, that dude, Like, I don't understand why they're doing this. Like I understand you you grow and you change a lot five years out of high school, but you don't become a completely different person. So to go from like this menacing Nate to this I'm relating our relationship to my pinky toe, Like, get the fuck out of here, man, You agree? Hell yeah, I agree.
Speaker 6: And I understand that they're trying to make like he's obviously trying to be this person. He's trying to be a better man than his father was. My god on today.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 7: I kind of like it actually, And the reason I like it, I mean because you see, we've seen stories of like bullies that that come back and you know, yeah, no, you know that was just me in high school. You know, I'm sorry. I like, like, I feel like that's what we're seeing now with Nick. I feel like he was that that guy, that that jock guy in high school that that knew he was at some point, and now he's trying to right his wrongs. I do kind of I mean the way he because he is different. I agree with y'all, like that's the only that's the only way I can justify. The way I can justify it is that that he's representing that high school kid that comes out of high school and it's like kind of turning the new league.
Speaker 6: But I don't feel like it's authentic. That's the difference. Like I don't feel like since here, it's just I don't even think he's trying to be a better person. He's just trying to show that he can be better than his who his father was, and he can't rhythm. That's why he's how he's struggling. So I feel like they're gonna have this Nate blow up, like when he said he had that melt down in the court and he's like, I'm trying to be good, and it's like, okay, cool. I just don't know if that blowoff blow up is gonna pay off for all the change that they don't want. It just seems so inauthentic. It's writing just seems so clumsy. It's like, it's just not it's not us.
Speaker 3: I don't know how we got here, and then I'm showing us how we got here.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and by the time we get here, I don't think I'm gonna care no more.
Speaker 4: I feel like, let me know if I'm wrong.
Speaker 5: Between Nay and Mike's point, I feel like the things that made him interesting as a character have been stripped away from him and replaced with something that's like, it's not even comparable to the to the previous iteration that we had and what we are getting is just something that's kind of like hollow and lackluster.
Speaker 4: So it's just like, all.
Speaker 5: Right, and he was one of the most compelling characters, like of the series, which is why you know he became a big actor.
Speaker 4: You know, I agree with you one hundred percent, Nick, I think the I do understand Rod's point, and I do want to give it that grace. But the writing just feels bad for Nate. And that's that's my issue because nobody else has changed drastically except for Nate. So it doesn't feel like this is what Sam Levinson was going for. It sounds like, you know what, I can't even speculate. I don't know what the fuck it sounds like it. It's just bad writing. It doesn't really make any sense. And the think about it is, if you want to do this, what season one and season two did so well was they would go back and tell the stories and the reasons why characters acted a certain way. You got to give us some kind of flashbacks or something to explain why Nate had fucking turned into a beat poet. Like it just doesn't it doesn't work. It doesn't work for Nate. Lude what was your thoughts on Nate.
Speaker 5: Yeah, not only in this scene, but kind of going into this episode as well.
Speaker 4: I think that Nate, how Nate's being written leads.
Speaker 8: To the spirit conspiracy theory that they talk about with Sam Levison as to where he stole these stories from people he went to high school with, and it was interesting and uniquely interesting because he had those stories from those people. Now that you're five years removed from that, he's just writing from a TV perspective. There's no like, there's no like, nothing genuine about it. It just seems like, oh, these are normal tropes. And I think that leads into where we looking at Nate now like they want.
Speaker 4: Us to feel sorry for him. I agree with Rod in the.
Speaker 8: Sense of the high school used to be jock, everybody liked him, all the girls liked him, and then you look at him a couple of years later, you run into him.
Speaker 11: It's like, damn homeie high school. He was a man home.
Speaker 4: We all know that.
Speaker 8: Story, but it's just not interesting, Like we don't care, we don't feel sorry for Nate, like they was saying, like how did he get here? Like, yeah, you're not trying to be like your dad, but you sobbing on the floor in a council meeting big In or some random other white man, Like, what are we doing?
Speaker 3: It's just hard?
Speaker 8: Yeah, And dude was like so unemotional to like like he ain't getting no winds and that's that's just strange when you're watching this show from what we're used to and it don't work.
Speaker 4: I don't like the character no more.
Speaker 8: And I pay even more attention to it, Mike, after you said it last week, and it just stay leaned right into it.
Speaker 11: It's like that's not the same character no more.
Speaker 7: I guess with me, like it seems so intentional that it has to be some sort of payoffs to it.
Speaker 3: It's the thing, dude, who.
Speaker 4: Did the ile right right, he has deserved your faith.
Speaker 5: Roder speaking of day Bro where he was at the California Council media, he was like, Bill, is this this person? Hands and knees like he was like, Bro, this saint the day I know it and security.
Speaker 4: Somebody can get this dude.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I think now he should be broken. And if this don't do it, then I don't know what what will He OWDs a million dollars.
Speaker 1: Cassie is left.
Speaker 10: And he just completely embarrassed himself in this meeting in front of.
Speaker 1: All these people over a flower.
Speaker 10: He has no other options, he has no money. The only thing left is for Nate to die if Cassie doesn't bail him out with his only fan ship. But at this point it's a rap for him. So he has to moving forward, break this. This has to be it. This is his last. Yeah, I think he's broken though. Nate grew up. Nate grew up, and he tried to do things a certain way and for all, for all intents and purposes, up to this point, it has not worked. And he's probably just gonna go back to the one thing that he knows.
Speaker 1: If that's what they're doing.
Speaker 10: I don't know what they're doing with Nate, But.
Speaker 4: What's the one thing he knows?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 10: Just anger, emotional outburst rage, the things that you guys are saying that are missing, that you guys are missing from Nate.
Speaker 8: Million dollars though I know it's point like even if he do go there now, like, so what you still owe a million dollars?
Speaker 1: So yeah, I know.
Speaker 10: But but those those sort of outbursts that he did in the past, they've always had negative consequences for him anyway. This one will lead to probably the ultimate consequence if that's where they go. But I don't know how the hell you're gonna get a million dollars and where you're gonna get it from, because that ship compiling interest every damn day.
Speaker 5: Yeah, can you bro up the point of Cassie and her realization of just what kind of person she married when she was like trying to put medicine on his foot. She was like, everything you've been about has been a lie, from our finances to our marriage and all that stuff. And then he tried to save it by saying, what you mean you ain't talk about our love? Thigga always Nigga always know what to saying what it's back against the wall.
Speaker 4: But she could.
Speaker 5: She basically makes up her own mind and started her own independent path with Maddie, who was the first person. I was kind of surprised that she called and then like, let's get let's let's get it going, let's get the bands back together. I will just because I'm not sure how much she told her, because Maddie did pull up Hella happy to do this, So I was just surprised that she cont find in her so much, saying like, Nate's broke this, that and the third, and I need to make some money to survive period. Fuck him, like, I'm just trying to survive because we ain't got shit without him. So that was my thing, I think, And maybe she didn't, maybe she didn't, but either way, Maddie pulls up and her and Cassie are knee deep in this content creation mode. What did y'all think about their relationship dynamic this episode?
Speaker 4: I'll start with you, ny, I.
Speaker 6: Mean, it's just more of what this is not a surprise at all, they setting this up for two episodes.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: What I thought was interesting was Lexi's.
Speaker 6: Observation of the situation where she's like, you're basically a foreign star, You're an internet pimp, Like what is going on here?
Speaker 3: So and they're both unapologetic about it.
Speaker 6: So that's the only interesting thing that I'm gathering from this Cassie storyline. It's just the comparison of the sex work that ruins in the environment in versus the sex work that Cassie and Maddie.
Speaker 3: Are involving themselves in.
Speaker 6: It's just that dynamic is interesting and just the idea of like where's the how how does the power dynamic playing this? Like like, yeah, just the interesting comparison of these well to do women who are using sex work as a way to capitalize and just the capitalization of sex work was interesting to me. But it has nothing to do with Cassie or her need to be independent or her flighty ways or the way Maddie's is manipulating it.
Speaker 3: I didn't even put that parallel together for whatever reason. I don't know why. But noah, yeah, that is an interesting parallel. Why are you shaking your head because I'm dumb?
Speaker 4: I did not say that.
Speaker 7: No, but but now that is interesting though, No, no yet, Like they said, it wasn't surprising to me they miss signing it up.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 3: It still came off a little.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I was expecting something else. I don't know what I'm expecting, But it wasn't that.
Speaker 4: I just.
Speaker 3: It didn't. That didn't seem written well to me.
Speaker 7: Honestly, with the whole leaf blower and all that, that whole it just wasn't execute for me.
Speaker 4: H m hmmm. What about your what were your thoughts on that?
Speaker 1: Mike?
Speaker 4: So I I got similar takes with the whole sex work thing that they got except for with me out. I don't know that I find it as interesting because I mean, it just seems I don't know, it just seems kind of ABC one two three because you have one group that you know, on one side, the women are being obviously exploited, and then you have Cassie story where she's almost this sounds fucked up, and it's almost like she wants to be exploited because maybe she'll get some dough that way. And then you got the Jewels story where it's like, well, no, I'm actually exploiting the other motherfucker. So it's all wrapped up in sex work, but I just don't know what the purpose is. And it almost feels like Sam Levinson didn't really have anything else that he could throw at the wall, so he's just like, oh, sex work, Let's make the entire fucking season about sex work and exploitation. And it's like, all right, bro. But as far as the Cassie Maddie thing, it makes sense to me because I can telling y'all, Maddie don't give a fuck about Cassie. Maddie's trying to get paid and then she's happily, happily ruining their marriage. She is fucking hyped that all of that shit fell apart. So I guarantee you. When Cassie called her and said, Maddie, I left Nate, she was like, shit, girl, I'll be over there in five minutes. Let's go to this pool and take some pictures. But I do disagree a little bit with Rod. I think that the scene with the leaplower, I fucked with that whole scene. I thought it was funny because like anytime someone would be saying something, the leap lower would cut on and it would cut out like the important parts of the conversation. So I thought that shit was funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was annoying for me.
Speaker 4: Damn for me.
Speaker 3: But I get it though, now that you said it being intentional, it could be cool.
Speaker 6: But because it was a lot of important things being said in that scene, and then you got Rude coming in asking for drugs and like she's like, wait a minute, relaxed.
Speaker 12: So like it it's a lot of like like little crumbs of important concepts, like you got Rude dealing in this drug life with her addiction.
Speaker 3: You got me.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was it was a lot said and then you have the comedic timing of the leaf blower to like keep you from hearing with actually being said.
Speaker 3: It was good to me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I thought that it was funny because it was or maybe I was just noticing it more whenever Cassie would talk, but whenever Cassie would start saying something, the leaf blower would cut on, and I guess they were trying to make it. I still like it, but it's also kind of corny. They're trying to make a parallel like, Oh, we don't really want to hear what you have to say. Just get up there and just fucking show your show, your boobs, show whatever ass you got, and that's that's all that we care about right now. We don't care about anything that's coming out of your mouth. So I thought I thought it was kind of funny. Lou what about you? Yeah? I like this scene. I thought was clever.
Speaker 8: Uh, they weare conveniently came on and each time, and I like the conversations that they were having.
Speaker 4: I liked that she came off as kind of like the liberal, liberal white lady Karen.
Speaker 8: It's just like they were like, okay, whatever, they didn't want to listen to what's her name, Lexi's Lexi. Yeah, she came off like that to me and tying it into Rule and how she popped up and how she wouldn't She wasn't concerned at all what Cassie was doing, even though she had an idea, but she was heavily invested in the gru at the club, and going back to your sex work point, I think they are showing all the different aspects of sex work, and Rule was overly concerned, which got her into trouble about the girl and what she was doing for sex work and how she may be being exploited. But she didn't say anything when it was her friend, So I found that was interesting as well too. But I did pick up on the sex works aspects from each one of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I thought it was it was right, No, m Nope, you got it.
Speaker 6: I was slightly disagreement with the commentary about Maddie not really giving any kind of fuck about cassie situation. I think she absolutely does not care about the marriage right, but she I do think to a certain extent she does. She's not letting Maddie go or Cassie go too too far, like she didn't want to see her actually have sex with the guy because she knew one that's gonna mess up her situation and she don't want Cassie to go too far. But then it also I feel like like in that scene with Brew where she was like, I don't feel comfortable getting you connected with drugs. Like I think Maddie has some kind of moral compasses, really really narrow, but I think that she's like only allowing people to.
Speaker 3: Go to a certain exting.
Speaker 6: So I do she wants to get her papers, she wants a situation to work out for herself, but she still has some kind of care for these people that she's involved with.
Speaker 4: I think she cares about Rue m I think they showed Matt in the second season when Ru was out and was on drugs or whatever. I think she cares about Rue. I don't I be really surprised if they actually show that she truly cares about Cassie, because, like you said, I think that whole thing with not having sex with the dude was just so it didn't fuck up Cassie's wrap, which would then fuck up her money.
Speaker 8: I do agree with you that she Maddie does have some similus of care about Cassie. I'm talking about Rue. She didn't give two flying fucks what Cassie was doing, but she was overly concerned. She was overly concerned about the lady at the club that she didn't know. That's that was interesting to me.
Speaker 4: That's just guilt. She feels bad that she got the other girl killed. Mm hmm.
Speaker 10: I thought it was interesting because it's like when when at first everything was kind of setting up for the pool scene.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 10: One of the things I was saying when I was in here watching, I was like, they're all kind of outcasts they, you know, in the sense they all really don't fit in in the way that people view of people should fit in. And then Letsie is the one person that is sort of normal on the show, and she's watching all of these things and she's quickly calling out these sort of behaviors. But all three of them, they are completely comfortable in the world that they live in and they continue to move forward with whatever it is that they're seeking to do.
Speaker 1: So I thought that that was really interesting that they did that.
Speaker 10: In addition to like the parallels between the clubs that you guys already talked about, how they kept flip flopping back and forth.
Speaker 1: But I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 10: I think the conversation that you guys had before about Maddie and Maddie own this revenge tour play they got me in the in the club scene because I thought that that's what she did. I thought she finally made a move because I thought she was still upset about the wedding, but it seems like she just kind of moved on from that shit and just like, all right, well, you know, we're just gonna go out here and just get money. So I thought she Yeah, I thought she left her and you know, shut her up to go have that situation with that guy. You know, because when you said because I don't think she's ruining the marriage, and I don't know if that's what you meant, Mike, but I think the marriage is already ruined.
Speaker 1: And she just there and Cassie just ran to her.
Speaker 4: Yeah, No, you're right, you're right. I take that back, because it's not like she's pushing Cassie to show her actual breast, because that's what Nate didn't want. So no, you're right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, go ahead, Nick.
Speaker 5: No, I was just gonna say that Ken, that was actually gonna be a question I was going to ask you because like that scene threw me off a little bit too, because I didn't know where it was going to go exactly, Like which scene the scene where Maddie is going up to the door that's locked in the club and like banging on it, trying to make sure but why I was just saying, like that was the scene that stood out to me about Maddie as far as does she care about Cassie, Like like it felt like I didn't know if that was a scene where she was like advocating for or trying to save her the last second, or trying to get that close up of like because it seemed like it was like a commercial or some shit like that, And I was like, what it was. Is that either brilliant on their part of knowing like was that their tag team.
Speaker 4: Original plan or did they just look into that shit it was?
Speaker 10: I don't know, Nick, because I was with you, I was like, oh shit, like what is she going to do? Because she went in there and Cassie started going crazy, and I didn't know if Cassie was actively competing with the girl beside her, because that's just Cassie being Cassie. Or if this was her making sure that she had the guy's complete full attention for when they burst into the door. So I'm with you, I still don't know if if like that was the full play. I know that was the play, but I don't know if they executed the play in a way that they wanted to ask. I think they may have, like you said, gotten lucky with a lot picking So I really don't know, but they got me with that shit.
Speaker 6: I think that they they keep bating us in this way with Cassie because I was, and I literally ought to be, like, she is dune to box of rocks, rocks, what is she doing?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 6: But I also think they keep playing with this thing where Cassie is at the point where she's kind of kind of knows what she's doing and she's learned how to manipulate the situation in her favor.
Speaker 4: So I was.
Speaker 6: I will say that I did feel like they executed this scene well because you couldn't tell how much of this was calculated and how much of this was just the luck of the draw and how much of this Cassie was aware of or not. So I thought they did a good job at this thing. I still don't care, but I think they did a good job.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna throw out there, I don't I don't think. I think Cassie's just getting lucky because I don't think you could. I mean not that I not that I've seen. I don't think you can snort coke and especially put coke up your badge and still have your your senses about you, especially someone like Cassie. So when they were showing her doing that, I was like, Oh, she's she's just wilding, and then she kind of just got lucky that Maddie was there to fucking rain the whole thing in. So I don't know if I don't know if I would buy that Cassie planned all of that, because that seems like a lot to I don't know, man, I just don't see. I don't see nobody planning put in, you know, a line of coke up their vagina and then just being.
Speaker 2: Like I'm not saying again, we're.
Speaker 5: We may be giving her too much credit, especially when someone who's on drugs in that situation. But from the game talk, like the game talk that they had and she was like, oh, it sounds like we're going to war.
Speaker 4: It was like they had a.
Speaker 5: Plan ratty kind of coaster, and then Cassie just was like just a great actor for that scene. Again, Like I'm not saying like that's exactly what it was, but the way she she said that last part when Maddie got into the room and they had the cameras on her, it was like she was well within her mind to say like that.
Speaker 2: It wasn't like druggie, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I wonder if they faked this out, maybe she didn't actually do it.
Speaker 6: She did her belly button, she went around her belly button, so I think she didn't get a little bit.
Speaker 3: And I don't.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So I think that's what I'm saying, Like, I feel like she was aware enough of the situation, and it was very obvious to me that she was trying to get the dude's.
Speaker 3: Attention from the other girl.
Speaker 6: So I think there was definitely the power play between the two girls, and she still was able to keep him keep the situation from her actually having sex. And she kept looking at the block so she knew Maddie was coming. So I feel like she knew enough of this what was going on to manipulate it in her favor. Which is a lot better than the Cassie of high school.
Speaker 4: So you think if he took his dick out that she would have not fucked him.
Speaker 6: I think she would have tried to figure out a way not to, because Maddie very explicitly said once she is not going to care about what goes on. So I think she was very aware.
Speaker 4: See, that's why I thought she was Yeah, that's why I thought she was just wilding out because she was taking her clothes off and then he was like, I want to fuck you so bad. She was like, oh, really, like right now, it seemed like she was cool with it, and then Maddie just kind of saved the day by fucking busting in the room. I don't know, I don't know. I guess I gotta watch that scene again.
Speaker 7: It's looking at the looking at the lock till a lot on the looking at the Locke tails a lot, because she was aware that, Okay, I need you to get in here because he's trying to have sex with me at this point.
Speaker 3: So it seemed like she was really aware of that part.
Speaker 5: Well, we'll see how smart this duo is moving forward, because clearly.
Speaker 4: They ended to win it.
Speaker 13: You would love to have more content from frames per second. Become a patron where you can contribute to what we review and discuss. Our Patreon gives the listeners the power to nominate and vote a monthly discussion and film review, while also nominating and voting on weekly solo reviews from each cast member. You also get the opportunity to vote on the publicly released anniversary film, all exclusive to our Patreon. So become a patron at patreon dot com frames per second where there are two tiers you can choose from. That's patreon dot com forward slash frames per second.
Speaker 5: I want to move on a little bit to the other part of that, uh this conversation where it comes with Lexi and Jewels. So we see Jewels again and since she's got a sugar daddy, she just be farting around at at home watching reality TV shows or whatever. But she get a call from Lexi who's like, listen, I gotta I gotta lick for you. I got an opportunity for you.
Speaker 4: What's up? Are you? Are you down for? And she is, and it's.
Speaker 5: An art gig to create a painting for her TV show that she's working on, l A Knights, Rob Oh.
Speaker 2: No, Actually, Lou, I'm gonna start with you. Did you like the painting? You don't like to ask questions of different people.
Speaker 8: I feel like if if she gave her the opportunity to do and put her work in front of that many people, she at least in or ran about her what she was thinking, at least which one.
Speaker 4: Jewels?
Speaker 11: Jewels Like, I ain't saying nothing was wrong with the pain that you do.
Speaker 8: Your creative freedom or whatever you wanted, your artistic freedom, that's fine, But like the lady said, this is a network television show.
Speaker 4: One.
Speaker 8: Two, it's a lot of looks. It's going to be on here three and don't even match up with the artists. The lady said, I don't even think my character would paint anything like this. So it's a lot of jewels just going in a while and out and almost costing that lady her job when she was just trying to give her an opportunity. She thought about her in her time like a struggling artist, like I'm putting you on Fourth Street and you go in here decide to be a rebel or break the rules or something like that like that, that's not cool to me.
Speaker 5: You blame that on Jewels, then Lexi for not giving her instructions on Nikka.
Speaker 4: This is a network TV.
Speaker 8: I didn't think you come in here and paint dis on.
Speaker 4: Come on, I do.
Speaker 5: This is gonna be an issue, That's what I was. I was saving the full question. I was like, who is to blame for this or the situation?
Speaker 4: A million percent? Oh wow, I'm with you.
Speaker 2: It has to be Lexi's faults. She's doing offering the job opportunity.
Speaker 4: That's right. If somebody hires you for looking at this way, Rod, If somebody hires you for a job, right, and they don't tell you what the job entails, and you show up with stuff that you don't need, you're gonna look at them like they're crazy. Right, Actually no, Rodsman saying I'm gonna ask before I get there. I picked I picked the wrong person. Never mind, forget it, rode the wheels turning, Never fucking mind, Rod. But most people, no, I think that.
Speaker 6: Is a good comparison, because you have a story, you have a certain aesthetic that you do, especially when you're hired to do certain types I'm thinking about, and when you come and you do that and you present a product that isn't what they expected, Like they didn't give you an explanation of what they wanted up front and told you they're giving you creative license, so.
Speaker 4: You do what you creatively right, right.
Speaker 6: And Jules very clearly said thank you for thinking of me, which to me says you know what I'm the type of art that I do, and I appreciate you for giving me the opportunity to showcase my art and you tell me to be creative.
Speaker 4: So yeah, Dix, because that's what I do.
Speaker 6: And if you want me to do what I do, if you shouldn't have hired me for the.
Speaker 4: Job, or you should have gave me an explanation of up front of what is needed. If if this is you know, a job where you just want me to paint a beach with flowers and close people. Fine, but you can't just give me creative freedom, have me show up, do my thing and then be mad at me. This is all my Lexi. This is all on Lexi.
Speaker 6: And it was.
Speaker 4: It was sad because when you watch the scene, I think that Hunter Shaeffer does a really good job of conveying like how much she was into doing this. You know she's she's getting what she needs from the dude that's paying her bills, but at the same time she wants to be an artist, and she's like, fuck, I finally got the opportunity. And then she paints this thing that is, you know, what's in her mind and then it gets rejected. So this was a good ass scene. But I disagree with Spike. I don't think this is on June. This is on Lexi.
Speaker 5: I want to get ribbed before I go back to Spike. Rob you you agree with Ludo, right.
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 7: I did agree with him until that, until that was explained, because I because like Mike is right, I assume that she had the information because I, like Nace says like, I'll usually get the information before I do a job, unless they say you have creative.
Speaker 3: Control or whatever.
Speaker 7: But now times ten people tell me like, you know, they know what they're they're getting when they.
Speaker 3: Hired me for the most part.
Speaker 7: So yeah, So with that said, yeah, that is kind of on Lexi if you didn't do your proper research as to what she brings as far as art is concerned. Uh so, But but I do think there has to be some sort of like, yeah, I do feel like she still should have act.
Speaker 3: What did she ask?
Speaker 6: She didn't ask what do you want? And she told like the piece and like the picnic, and she said, okay, so like the people, like the beach and all that kind of thing.
Speaker 3: But she never.
Speaker 6: Told her that she was supposed to be painting something that like who is this character that she's supposed to be doing art for, Like she didn't give her that type of background.
Speaker 7: Okay, all right, So yeah, so it's on both of them to me because as an artist, you do like, like I'm gonna get all the details that I possibly can color things, all these things. These are the questions I'm going to ask before I just waste my time doing a job. Because I don't want to waste my time, so I always ask, Okay, what aspect rational?
Speaker 3: You want? You want this to be a real you want this to be a traditional format.
Speaker 7: These are the questions I asked before I go in and creating art.
Speaker 3: So I feel like it's on both of them.
Speaker 4: Yeah eighty twenty.
Speaker 6: It's like this is like Jules's first real so she doesn't really know the questions to ask, right, It's both of their first real gigs. So I think this is like a good This is like a learning opportunity for both of them. And unfortunately this learning opportunity really like impacts it both of them. So it'll be yeah to see how they each grow from it.
Speaker 4: You can. I think I changed mind to yeah, it is on both of them, because Jewles probably should have asked, yeah, the court like, if you know you're painting something that is provocative, you should probably just run it by. And but I do think she made a really good point when the lady was like, nah, there's just dick and she was like, oh, so you don't have any problem with the breast though, that was like a perfect response, you know.
Speaker 10: But yeah, all lets you say was we were thinking of a Sunday picnic kind of feel. Jules asked the question something about umbrellas, and then she says something about it she don't need to copy anything, and there's something about it should be distinct, and then she said basically, do whatever you feel.
Speaker 1: It'll be great.
Speaker 4: The reason though.
Speaker 10: She said she said them fellas ken.
Speaker 1: No, it was a Penis is eacher. She heard that wrong either.
Speaker 4: Because she said Pani or Panini. It was she said Peni hollered Pni. I've never heard that before. Have you heard that before fight. That was like.
Speaker 10: That was a new one on me, but you know, was changing these days. So I'm like, well, you know it's it's it's you know what, baby does this. But that's happened, Lou Lou, and I'll be done. When it happened, I was confused by the reaction of everybody, and I'm like, did she give her like clear directions on what to do, because that's what the lady was saying. The lady was breaking down, like did you tell her this?
Speaker 1: That and the other?
Speaker 10: And she was like well, and she was fumbling about y'all trying to tell it. But I was like, I don't think she said any of that ship and she didn't. She said do whatever you feel, it'll be great. And it was great, just what they wanted they don't want.
Speaker 11: It was cool for like a second club painting but or something like that.
Speaker 8: But if we're putting it on national TV, I'm assuming that they had a conversation prior to and that, like what you were talking about, Rod, when she called her for it, she didn't say, hey, just show up to the studio. I want you to do something. They had a conversation about probably what she wanted to do.
Speaker 4: You could have.
Speaker 8: Created freedom, but within reason, Like I think it was selfish on Jewels part. That never consider what may happen to Lexi if she does this, Like, regardless of the conversation that we have or not, your friend gave you an opportunity to get your.
Speaker 4: Work in front of other people.
Speaker 8: Do something that's good enough to go get them to look at the dick pics that you got hung in your gallery, but not right here what I work at. It almost get me fired. That's that's insane to me.
Speaker 4: That a friend, because Lexi knows who Jules is, so she I've never seen a Jewles. Y'all seen Jewish paintings.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the second episode, but she was butter naked.
Speaker 4: Clearly, Lexi knows she's a painter, so she knows that she does paints. So that's like broke does start, so she should have started her.
Speaker 8: That's like if you're a friends community and you ask your friend, Hey, my job is hiring comedians for this corporate event, can you come do.
Speaker 4: Your adding sauce to it corporate event? She didn't say all that she said, but she didn't tell us TV. She didn't on TV. She said it's a live.
Speaker 8: She said, it's l a livey seven million people are going to see this. She said that, yes, she said, she said this LA Live is seven million people are going to see this. If you had a friend that was a comedian that was going to come to your job and perform a set and they get up there don't do a blue set or whatever they call it where they don't cuss.
Speaker 4: That's on your friend. I gave you this opportunity and you you just sit on me. That's on you for not saying, hey, you can't curse. That's your ball that.
Speaker 10: You You know what friends you have that you have to be very very clear.
Speaker 1: About some ship and would I would.
Speaker 11: Seriously have to reconsider our friendship if you can't.
Speaker 4: And if I was your boss, I would consider you having a job because you don't have enough.
Speaker 3: Fault.
Speaker 4: That's her fault.
Speaker 8: I think she was being good, harded giving an opportunity to a friend and her friends just to show her any respect and ship.
Speaker 4: It on her. I'm on her. She gave her some dicks. It wasn't even like detailed dicks. I think they were dicks that could have made it to network TV. They weren't like there was like.
Speaker 14: On network TV. It's never happened. It's never happened in life. Why would she be able to It was a painting of a dick. It was an artful dick spike. You've never seen that on network TV.
Speaker 4: Either. I'm gonna look I find, I'm gonna send it to you. I don't want to tell me I would. I just would expect that.
Speaker 8: I would expect my friend to think through that more than to put me in that position. I gave you an opportunity. You just like completely let me die.
Speaker 4: What's your thoughts? Name?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it was on both of them.
Speaker 6: I like, initially, I feel like Lexi's more at fault for not for not expressing exactly what was required because wow, yes, this is Jules's profession.
Speaker 3: Also, like, this is your job, so.
Speaker 6: Your responsibility is to make sure that you provide what you need for this scene, and you didn't do that, Like regardless of her relationship with Jewels and whether or not like Jewels was being creative with Jewels and anybody if you knew, you know Jews, you know who you know Jeels out there, so you know you gotta rain her in or at least let her know what this is for. I think this was more so on Lexi, but it was definitely a like both of them being green and not really having experience, and neither one of them asking the right questions or giving.
Speaker 3: The right instruction.
Speaker 6: I just think Lexi is at more of a disadvantage because she is, as shares Song said, are that negative two hundred thousand plus?
Speaker 4: Like you.
Speaker 6: Up? Like they could sue her for that money for all intents and purposes, or she could be out of the dog Jeweles is gonna.
Speaker 3: Go back to her pent house and be straight.
Speaker 6: So I think this was really more all she had, more, she has more to lose in this situation.
Speaker 10: Yeah, she said, who would paint something like this?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that line, that line, I didn't know how. I didn't know what to take with that line from Lexi, Like was that something like please don't hurt my friend, like you know, this just fire or like or was it like she is trying to make sure that.
Speaker 4: I don't know how to take that line.
Speaker 5: But nonetheless, I think we all agree for the most part, this is all Lexi, because if you're gonna offer somebody something, you got to give them all the stipulations. However, if Jules was more aware of what her art can invoke or be, the response could it could could you come about?
Speaker 4: She should be like, listen, this is the kind of art I do.
Speaker 5: Like, come look at somebody to here's some photos of the arts and stuff that I've done my pa.
Speaker 4: That I know. I'm right. I'm just I'm just saying it.
Speaker 5: But because, like to Lou's point, if you're gonna do something that's getting a lot of eyes and your friend is doing is calling you in for your services, I would have you would have assumed that she would have been like, this is actually what I do.
Speaker 2: Are you sure this is the show that's for me?
Speaker 5: Cause you know what I'm saying, because she wants she wants to look as well, because she was happy about it. But obviously, again I'm not saying it's not it's still on LEXI. I'm just saying a reasonable person would have asked. But if y'all saying she's young and still figuring herself out as an artist, that could be a good reason for her not to say nothing either.
Speaker 4: Nick, If you go back to the second episode, they were showing her painting and she wasn't painting digs. I know. So when we keep saying that that's what she does, that's what she does, that's not necessarily what she does. LEXI might have seen one of the I don't want to call it regular paintings, but like the non the nondicular paintings and thought, okay, this is a good idea, and then Ju was like, well, I want to express myself, so I'm gonna go all out. This is her idea of a beach scene is not just you know, sis people, but trans people and everybody else. So I was just taking it from the standpoint from what I've seen on the show. She always does nudity in her paintings, so that's what that was.
Speaker 5: She from from the first painting that we saw her, when she was with the back of the sky of her apartment, I thought the painting had like it's still have breasts showing.
Speaker 2: It was just bent they were like bent over naked whatever.
Speaker 5: So I was just saying So I was just saying like she's always painting and nudity, because that's why that was the last line that the producer said.
Speaker 4: She was like after she brought up the breast, she.
Speaker 5: Was like, well, we don't want nudity in general, and I was like, Okay, that's something that I'm like, I think that's all she's done from what I've seen. I could be wrong, but from the paintings that we've seen her do at her spot, they've all been kind of new paintings. So my thing is, like Blu's point, if Lexi's working for Network TV, I've never seen.
Speaker 4: Dix or.
Speaker 2: Flat out on Network TV. But again it's on Lexi.
Speaker 10: But we also know we've seen two seasons of Jewels now a third, Like we have a good idea of her character and her best friend that we would assume spent a lot of his friend, but someone that spent a lot of time with her in high school should also have more of an understanding of who she is and how she operates. I think it was just Lexi being just dumb and not communicating properly, and it just backfired on it, and she just she just walked away, and she didn't know that that's what Jewles we was gonna do. If you look at Jules face, Jewles was dumbfounded. She was so confused as to what happened. She's never been in this spot before or has this sort of experience, so when she that's why she was like confused by the reaction of everything, because because of the details and information that was left out, and since she doesn't have a lot of experience, she's not going to be in the mindset to even ask about those sort of things.
Speaker 4: Although I think she was more hurt than confused, But yeah, I agree, it got to hurt.
Speaker 1: It got to hurt.
Speaker 10: She was confused at first, right, yeah, yeah, yeah, then it got to the feeling of rejection and hurt.
Speaker 1: And that's when the paint she threw the ship on it.
Speaker 3: She said.
Speaker 7: That, like because it's like, yeah, she doubled down at that point. She is a friend, right because it's like, yo, like that caid cost her job.
Speaker 4: And you know it can't no, because wait, I don't remember there being another dick. What was the what was the doubling?
Speaker 6: She made a big penis all the way around. It's like she did two balls and a dick.
Speaker 4: I didn't even notice that. Yeah, it was in the red though, yeah, yea, yeah.
Speaker 10: It was rare, but it didn't matter because they had already scrapped. So yeah, because they already said we're gonna get get rid of it.
Speaker 1: So it was irrelevant, was she it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm with Ken and that was her. She was hurt.
Speaker 8: It wasn't irrelevant. It was not irrelevant. They had to stop the shoot. They had to stop the shoot and push it back a week. It cast them three.
Speaker 4: No, that was before, so they scrapped the whole scene. At that point they were like it, we'll just move the scene.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they moved it to another week.
Speaker 6: But I thought that they were doing that to give her time to fix the paint.
Speaker 8: I don't That's how it seemed to me that they told her to fix it.
Speaker 4: Paint clothes here first at first, and then they said, forget it, we'll just scrap the scene. After she painted the dicks on there again, they don't think so.
Speaker 1: No, No, that's not I don't know.
Speaker 4: Because I don't think they ever went back and saw it.
Speaker 14: I just watched it home.
Speaker 4: Right now. The assumption was that they didn't even get the dicks again, Spike was going off.
Speaker 11: I wanted to make sure I had it right.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go look right now.
Speaker 8: When she was in the window looking out, and uh, LEXI came in there to talk to her.
Speaker 11: This is after she had painted the dicks.
Speaker 1: On there.
Speaker 8: Again, and then she told her we gave her another chance. Well she didn't say that, but the assumption was we gave her another chance, and then she went in here and did this. So now we got to find somebody to actually paint it. We got to rebook the studio, we got to reset the scene.
Speaker 4: That's gonna be a week and a half. And she she didn't. She shared on her friend, Well maybe she should be shipped on because she's stupid. God, that's crazy. She is stupid.
Speaker 6: Understand it that way. I thought they were pushing the scene back to allow her time.
Speaker 3: To fix it.
Speaker 6: She had this outburst, put the big yellow dick in the red bit and yeah, did that out of frustration. I wasn't necessarily looking at it as she was like, oh, forget it. And but now when you say that, yes, I do think Jules Jules doubled down on the dick. Was was was a was wrong in terms of her situation with Lexi. She should have just said, look, I'm not comfortable. You should find somebody else, like, because at this point I'm mad, my creative process has been messed up. You need to find somebody else to do that. But instead she threw a timper tantrum and drew the big victim the little dicks, and so yes that I feel like was wrong in that sense in terms of her relationship with Lexi, but they're both in a situation where they're hurt.
Speaker 3: At this point.
Speaker 4: You have to consider though, that Jewels took that as an attack on her trans identity. Correct, So I'm not gonna fucking be like, oh, well, she's a bad friend. I'm still looking at Lexi like Lexi is stupid, and if anything, she should feel bad for putting Jewels in that kind of position to where she would have her identity fucking challenge like that. So I don't feel bad for Lexi.
Speaker 3: I think stupid is a little harsh.
Speaker 4: Okay, dumb as fuck? Is that matter?
Speaker 3: Going into it? I think they're bally naives going into it. I think it's growing pains when.
Speaker 6: You're in a new career and in a new field and try to figure out who you are, especially when your identity is connected to what you're doing.
Speaker 5: So I think, yeah, I never had you said that, she would have never had to worry about hearing from me.
Speaker 4: She wouldn't be your friend Anywaysike.
Speaker 8: If I was whoever, if I was Lexi, she would have to worry about me being I do believe.
Speaker 5: That they're going to have an argument about this. I think we will hear both perspectives on what happened. I don't think that was just a one off thing.
Speaker 3: I don't think well.
Speaker 5: I think it would be interesting to dive into why Jules was hurt, and then we obviously know why Lexi is going to be upset.
Speaker 2: But I think it'll be interesting to see why Jules was hurt specifically.
Speaker 5: Moving on, we'll recap those how those storylines go, but we can. You gotta get to the buried delete enough can Let's get Let's get back to Rue where we start off this episode. She's getting arrested like we saw her in the last one, but this time she we learned. Well, at least I thought I was like, damn, Rue got away. She ain't had no drugs. But man, oh man, they can drive a van in Mexico that goes to Mexico.
Speaker 2: Hey, something something's in there.
Speaker 8: He found out she sucked up, right, They always gonna find it. You can sit there and hope all you want it. They don't find it once they call them dogs just over with.
Speaker 1: It's over with.
Speaker 5: H she get arrested, uh, and they immediately start asking her questions about Lorie. But I want to just going overall thoughts on the interrogation scene. I'm gonna start with, you can did Rude hold up like a soldier?
Speaker 1: Rude?
Speaker 10: Rude has got to be one of the dumbest persons out there, bro, Like she she can't lie, Like when she started making that little little face, you know, it's a wrap, you know, it's like she just she already knows she's in trouble.
Speaker 1: No, she was absolutely terrible.
Speaker 10: She did not hold the line at all, and and I think she just felled horribly at her job, even lying about Mexico line about drugs.
Speaker 1: But what I did think was funny.
Speaker 10: She was like, Oh, you guys can lie to me, but I can't lie to you. That ship was funny to me. But No, was terrible in this whole situation. And yeah, no she didn't. She was awful.
Speaker 1: And I don't know what she's gonna do.
Speaker 11: Bro, She's a snitch, She's gonna snitch.
Speaker 4: It.
Speaker 8: But yeah, I feel like she should have been coached on what to do in this situation by one of these two people twice just asked for a lawyer, Like it's just ask for a lawyer and figure out on the back end. Now you ain't got to be a snitch or whatever it may be. But yeah, she up shit creep.
Speaker 6: I would say that I thought they did an amazing job acting in this scene.
Speaker 3: Did and like.
Speaker 6: When I was watching it and I was thinking about like her mannerisms, like the way she was shaking her legs under the table, her facial expressions, and then when I think about her and like other stuff like.
Speaker 3: The drama, I think about her and challenges. I'm like, this girl can really.
Speaker 6: Act like she's really good and she's a horrible liar, but I believe that, Like I like, I felt like that was a stoner kid, Like I really believed she was ruthe.
Speaker 3: What about you, Rod, what's the actual question?
Speaker 2: What did you think about the interrogation scene?
Speaker 3: Oh? No, thought I thought it was good.
Speaker 7: I like how they were interrogating her with the drugs, lying tour all this just kind of trying to pull information out of it that was executed really well. Yeah, I agree with Nate, like like she like then Dan's killing this character, like like She is really doing a great job with this character. But I couldn't help to be annoyed though, because of the conversation that we had last week. I was looking at day. We watched it together last night, and I was like, they really about to do it?
Speaker 6: I was like, they really and then like this is how it became. Wow.
Speaker 3: I like the comp that's the rest of the.
Speaker 4: Season me entertainment.
Speaker 8: If somebody said they had a picture of the moon, absolutely.
Speaker 4: Because I've never been to the.
Speaker 1: Talking about hypothetical, so you don't have a hypothetical.
Speaker 4: That was a good scene right there.
Speaker 10: So dirty around, you know, I mean, I've gotten lost.
Speaker 5: Hey, Rod, it's funny you called the cops thirty to somebody who's selling drugs.
Speaker 3: You made me lots they did they?
Speaker 4: No, they didn't.
Speaker 1: That's very direct.
Speaker 4: It was a question.
Speaker 1: She mexic D.
Speaker 4: Right, that's a direct question, Mike.
Speaker 5: Mike, did you have any issues with this being a storyline for Rue carrying on to the second half of the season.
Speaker 4: Absolutely not. I'm I'm I guess I'm a bit confused about the whole because I don't subscribe to the whole stupid don't Snitch ship. I don't give a fuck about any of that stuff. So, and I meant to listen to y'all's review, but I I didn't get a chance to. So I don't know what the conversation is around snitching. But in my opinion, and I'll be on an island, Ru being a snitch one makes the most sense, and two absolutely works. And I actually, I actually like it. I like the fact that Rue is now a snitch because of course Ru would be a snitch. Ru is not going down for anybody. So if they didn't make her a snitch, I would then question the writing of this show.
Speaker 1: Well, it wasn't.
Speaker 8: In fact, I don't really think it was the fact that she was a snitch that we were talking about. It was more since that they went that route, like of course, like Nick was saying last week, of course, if she gets caught, she's gonna beet snitched. But I think we were on the stand so well, we don't even want to see that. There's a lot more interesting things that we could do with this character in these scenarios versus her getting caught by the police.
Speaker 4: I think her getting caught by the police and becoming a fucking snitch against her will is one hundred. It's what would happen because it's the same shit I said on the very first episode. Ru is a fucking dumb ass. She's not a very savvy person. She can manipulate her family members and her friends. That's where it stops anybody outside of that circle. Ru is a fuck up, and her fucking up this bad and ending up a snitch. I'm here for it. I'm here for it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was just I wasn't surprised. But also, like when you see the breakdown of the wire, this is where I was getting to lose point, and I think it's some others where it's like we see her get the wire, and while we see it's in a more tech savvy way, it's now on a cell phone when she just got to press a button and it just kind of starts recording everything.
Speaker 4: That leads us to like.
Speaker 5: Us seeing her with Big Eddie, and then that leads us to us seeing her with Alamo at the poker's table, which I felt like was like the biggest part of like one of the best scenes of this episode. Uh Ken, I wanted to throw it to you again. What did you think about that poker scene with Alamo? Did you think she got caught immediately because it's just rude.
Speaker 10: Yeah, she doesn't know, like she's horrible at this. She's never been good at it ever. We've seen this, so we know that when rude. And first of all, she's never really even asked about inn this situation. So I'm with Alamo, like, you're inserting yourself into business and you've never done that before.
Speaker 1: This is weird.
Speaker 10: What what he called and said, she has the rat you know, yeah, look in your face. And I thought he was talking about snitche too, because it seemed like a guy like Alamo is up on top of his game.
Speaker 1: So for him to go to using I mean, I guess that makes sense, but I thought I thought of Knelt And.
Speaker 5: To your point, Ken Like, his demeanor is like, there's a mes to my madness. I'm not just some like goofy charismatic dude or whatever. But because he knows she used to be a user, that's the first thing I would think. If she's off her game. You know what I'm saying, Oh, you're using drugs again, I wouldn't think she's a.
Speaker 4: Snitch just yet.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's it's not too That's probably the second or third thing I'll go to.
Speaker 4: But the first thing is but.
Speaker 1: She's asking about like connects and shit, right.
Speaker 2: She's trying to get more drugs, like as a drug.
Speaker 8: Would drugs, And if she was, I think I think he suspected her, Like can't say because she was just usual, she was still out of the club, like she would just go that route, wouldn't bring it to their attention. He's absolutely correct, correct, And I like what you said about this scene. I think it was one of the best of the episode because how they try to double untendre with the rat thing. But I think he thinks that something's up besides her using like he thinks that she's snitching it. But then that's why I don't like this whole snitching storyline, because that's a very easy trope to play on you see it, damn there and every show that got something to do with the police.
Speaker 4: So I don't like it.
Speaker 8: But I think that he thinks that something is up as far as here talking to the police.
Speaker 4: You agree with that name.
Speaker 6: I don't know if at a BC knows, but I feel like Bishop does because Bishop was with her that night. So I always want, like I wonder, like like because I honestly initially thought that he was the second part of pulling up when she got pulled over. Before I realized that that was another cop car, I thought Bishop was somewhere around, So I think Bishop may have an inkling.
Speaker 3: Of what's going on. But I will say that, like, I really like A to BC in this role.
Speaker 6: I do like, as much as I agree with you, I feel like every show that has to do with cops or drugs this is an angle at some point in time. So while yeah, it makes sense, I do feel like it's done, but I feel like the acting is so strong that even though I'm annoyed by the clicheness of it all, it's still tense. So I think everybody Marshawn Lynch like, I feel like the characters in this whole little proof they have is strong enough to pull it off to it still entertainment.
Speaker 5: To add on to that, uh, Today's point Rod Like, I love the scene where at A. B C like he the only one really talking to rule. Everybody else still playing poker. Marshawn is smoking the blunt. Bishop just want to know if he won the hand because it's basically him. But Adam b C is like literally looking at her like like as bishop saying like something to him. He was like, man, shut the fuck up, nigga. He like he really talking to Rule. And I love the acting in the in the scene. I wanted to get you just your thoughts on that poker scene. And do you think Alamo will be the one that finds out Rule Central will be somebody else?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Oh, I kind of have the idea that maybe maybe as in it to a certain degree, like to take Laurie outch So so maybe, you know, maybe maybe that might be a way that he you know, because you don't want to you don't want to be an actual snitch, so he'll let He'll make Ruby a snitch because it's just like.
Speaker 3: How to him. I don't know. It just seemed random that they pulled her over.
Speaker 4: They've been watching her.
Speaker 3: It seems real.
Speaker 4: Laurie on the investigation, So that's why I agree with Spike. Yeah, because remember they showed she was walking into somewhere and they showed the perspective of somebody in the car watching her. So at the time we thought it was we thought it was either Laurie or Alamo, but I actually now I think it was the cops.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 4: I don't think Alamo would risk uh her getting turned in because he doesn't know what she might tell me. Adams on the Alamo he always name I didn't do it this time, that was that wash. He's responsible for multiple murders at this point, so I don't think he would take that risk.
Speaker 3: Unless they off his payroll.
Speaker 6: Because why is that the night that they caught her like she unless she was leaving Laurie's why like why and asked Ruth to do that? He said he was sending Rude to do the pick up. Lauri wasn't even anticipating that.
Speaker 4: Why Well, because because they were watching Rude. I think it would be weird if so. The writing so far of this season hasn't been great, So if they did write in that that Alamo did this but he got away with it because he's paying the cops off, I think that would be a little convoluted and I wouldn't like it. No, Yeah, it's not crazy, It's not a crazy thought. Was what was your thoughts on this scene? Mike? I'm sorry I was stuck on that that part that Rob was talking about. What scene exactly? The poker scene. The poker scene oh so nah, this scene was good. I definitely thought he knew. I was like, oh shit, she done gave everything away. I'm assuming she had the phone in the fanny pack, and I just assumed in that moment he figured out what was going on. But then when he kind of changed it to oh are you using, I was like, Okay, cool, she's She's fine for right now, but not the whole scene, from the from the interrogation with the police. I agree with Nay. I think Zendaya killed this fucking scene because that's probably how I would lie if I was busted doing some shit and a cop caught me. I'm not a good liar, so I would fucking I would freeze up too. But her being in front of Alamo, she just has the same childish I just got busted doing some ship I'm not supposed to be doing. Look and it's so fucking good. But I don't know anything about Marshawn Lynch. I know who he is, of course, I don't know if he's like a real actor, but he's doing so well in this scene. He's okay.
Speaker 3: I feel like that's just him.
Speaker 4: It's just it's just him, Okay, But get he's getting rolls good to him. He's funny. I'll take it. I'll take it. He's funny. But no, this is a really, really, really good scene.
Speaker 11: I think the guy from Power did a good job in this scene too.
Speaker 1: Bishop. Who was that.
Speaker 4: Bishop?
Speaker 1: Remember?
Speaker 11: I remember.
Speaker 4: That?
Speaker 2: Remember that coming man.
Speaker 4: Name was Droopy? Is it with? He was in the first season of Power Man. He was in the first season of Power.
Speaker 1: I don't want to take nick to push it back.
Speaker 4: Yo, were terror original.
Speaker 1: A little bit.
Speaker 4: Greats? I'm like.
Speaker 5: Fool but but yeah, but then now he was ghost killed him on accident.
Speaker 4: Spoiler alert is spoiler alert.
Speaker 11: And he was the first.
Speaker 4: But you got that look in your eye and.
Speaker 2: He lost the poker again. Can't say you don't he.
Speaker 4: Was hot. You said this ship and you played this way the whole time.
Speaker 8: I think he's gonna get another big role after this. He knowing his body in this ship?
Speaker 1: Is he is?
Speaker 5: We see again we when we were getting rude to show us how the wire works, she was in the room with at a BC big Eddie and there was a yeah, there was a kitty who we got introduced to. Who's the you know in the title of this episode, And then we see how Alamo gets acquainted with his new you know, employees.
Speaker 2: Do y'all think that he do that for all the girls.
Speaker 5: Like he sleep with every single one of them testing the product?
Speaker 4: That's right? Why wouldn't you.
Speaker 2: I didn't know he do that with like on rip, I didn't think he.
Speaker 5: I thought it would be more like his the girls that he's like had for a while, Like those are the ones he makes it like doing it early?
Speaker 1: Is it was?
Speaker 4: You and chefs don't taste their cooking before they put it on the men unit. I'm just saying, bro, you think Carme wasn't testing all of the you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: We watched the.
Speaker 4: Seasons, Bro, you got a miche one star nick.
Speaker 7: You think you don't know what the food tastes like?
Speaker 4: I believe you ain't got nothing to say out what you're saying that. I'm sorry you were saying something I said.
Speaker 6: Y'all preparing women the rice and pussy, the paprika.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It was, I mean.
Speaker 4: It was it was.
Speaker 5: It was because this is the fun up side of what I believe they're trying to show with sex work is where we were kind of get to like this is how you get initiated and then this is what you're pretty much asked to do, especially when you go to the room with the with the bull on the bull's head on the on the wall and ship got a camera in it, to the point where Kitty was like, well, she was traumatized on her first day.
Speaker 4: This was like training day for hers.
Speaker 5: What did y'all think of because, like you mentioned, lou Rue is becoming very more sensitive to these girls and how they're being treated, especially when she was watching it. You know what I'm saying, What did you think? Does she make a mistake for approaching her in the bathroom?
Speaker 4: Absolutely?
Speaker 8: I mean this this is the environment that you work in, and you don't she try to look under the stall and she was the girl there when she lifted her feet up. But I don't feel like how ru would have been able to help her if she hadn't had an answer?
Speaker 4: Yes, So like while is.
Speaker 8: She asking her that other than just being of course concerned, but just putting herself in a bad position, Like even even if that girl wasn't in the stall, the kiddie chick would have went back and told on her then what it was putting yourself? But I'm saying, you don't know that if you route, you don't just put yourself in a bad situation. If you going asking her this and like, it's just there's no need for you to do that. You've already accepted the fact that you worked there, like turning the blind as part of the job.
Speaker 1: Question. I have two questions, I said.
Speaker 10: The first question is was she asking Okay, wait, let me ask the first one.
Speaker 1: Let me reverse the questions.
Speaker 10: Was grew upset by what she did because she gave her uh pills that were fake that didn't work, and that she wasn't like like she was.
Speaker 3: They were still they were still using the actual drugs.
Speaker 6: She was concerned because she saw that the stash was running law and she knew they were about.
Speaker 3: To have to go to use.
Speaker 6: Okay, she got the fake so the girl was really high.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, cool.
Speaker 10: Second question, because that was she asking that question in order to get evidence for the FED.
Speaker 11: Now that she was checking in Okay, all right, cool, Yeah, yeah, that's not.
Speaker 3: Gonna help that.
Speaker 6: That's not the defans are looking for defense are looking for LORI or another distributor. So I think that that's just the nature ru I think Ruth hasn't really fully accepted until this point who she's actually working for. Like she I think she still thinks that Angel is at a rehab center, right, so she's starting to realize. I think she's slowly starting to realize when they said that Angel left and nobody can find her, like she's starting to kind of realize that this is not really what she thinks it is. So I think that she saw what was going on, and I think that started on her rooms. Still a girl at the end of the day, she's still like like in young a young, naive girl who doesn't realize that she's really working with the devil. So when she saw Kitty doing what she was doing in there, she like, damn, this is really a whole house, Like it's really like, that's really.
Speaker 3: What this is.
Speaker 2: You took this, you took that same kind of takeaway when they were saying.
Speaker 4: Mike, yes, yeah. Ruis finally realizing that she went from bad to wor maybe not bad to words, but bad to bad. She's realizing she assisted in one woman getting killed, now she assisted in another woman getting disappeared, and she's she feels bad and plus, I mean, nobody wants to watch even if you can't classify this as you know, quote unquote traditional sexual assault. Nobody wants to sit there and watch that. Like Ru was staring at that like it was a fucking horror movie, you know, And I don't want to see shit like this either. But it was uncomfortable as hell, and it went on for a long fucking time. So I think Ru was genuinely disturbed by what she was seeing, especially all the bro of you know, slapping each other's ass like it's a fucking football game. It was gross. So yeah, Now, the whole question that Ken asked, I didn't think of that if she was really high or not, are we sure she was? Name makes a good case for why, like Rue was worried of like she kept looking at the safe from where she put.
Speaker 2: Her faintnie pack in that had the drugs.
Speaker 5: But at the same time, I did think, I did think that she took the candy drugs or the fake drugs, and that's why she was just so distraught after everything, because she was like, Nick, I just got fucked in a thousand ways and I felt everything.
Speaker 4: I wasn't supposed to feel it. No, But I think now that she said it, now that you recaptain Nick. I think Nay is right. The fake drugs were in the safe in her fanny pack. Got yeah, yeah, that's right. Yeah.
Speaker 6: I think the girl, look that Brice girl.
Speaker 3: I think she's going a good drug too.
Speaker 4: She's the job of getting nurse.
Speaker 5: I was gonna ask you, Rod, do you find the neck brace girl annoying or like, was you upset when she snitched?
Speaker 7: I mean not necessarily. I mean we don't know much about her, you know what I'm saying. And I think anything can go on those clubs. I actually like Angel. I feel like they got really angel to quick.
Speaker 3: But but no, I didn't.
Speaker 7: Have an issue with that. It wasn't annoying. I mean any like I said, anything can go on those clubs. Nobody trust, nobody like. So it's just I mean, we all saw down in the valley, the Valley.
Speaker 3: We know how these things can go.
Speaker 5: They're coming back this year, right, I don't know at this point they all moved on to different things.
Speaker 6: Really. I think that's what I thought I saw. They were supposed to be coming out Thirst supposed to come out this year.
Speaker 3: I didn't care about the second sear.
Speaker 5: But right going into that, well we do see what she told Big Eddie and like that kind of confrontation. What did you think about how that scene played out?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I talked about that earlier. I did like that. I like how.
Speaker 4: How Eddie Eddie's Yeah, yeah, Kaden, No, this.
Speaker 7: This part was really tense, really tense because we know what was really gonna happen, and I like when that's what I was saying earlier when the DA called, It's like, look, they were in there talking about you, so you need to go in there and make up something about her or whatever. So I did like how that whole thing was executed, in the back and forth between them and whatnot. So yeah, no, I really liked this and obviously what led up to it afterwards?
Speaker 4: What about your dame? What? What?
Speaker 3: What are you asking specifically.
Speaker 5: What afterwards like after being kind of looking like she got caught and she and the d like to ross point had to call her in like to phone a friend, how things escalate afterwards was probably like one of the other highlights of this episode.
Speaker 3: Correct, Yeah, it was I think that.
Speaker 6: So, yes, there was some tension when with is Rue gonna get caught?
Speaker 3: Is room not?
Speaker 6: But that's part of what I think it's gonna annoy me about this whole snitch story, like we're gonna keep doing this cat and mouse and how long are we gonna be doing that? But I did like the like the whole the robbery aspects and did they take the Fannie pat because it's almost it seemed like essentially what Rue was concerned about got hit. It's like the twist of luck and it got handled for her and she doesn't have to worry about them giving out fake drugs and having that and having at a BCB figuring out like trying to figure out where the fake drugs came from. So it worked out in Ruth's favor, but also traumatized her in the in the intrum because she got blood all over her face and watch the boy get shot.
Speaker 4: Hey, Mike, he got shot right.
Speaker 15: Inst he got shot right in this stomach. Boy, he bleed out chocolate milk spread made this.
Speaker 4: Fit as it used to be. Boy, we all it'll happen to you too. Hey, Listen, this happened to be down.
Speaker 2: That's why that's why I'm laugh for that, because that's what happened to be.
Speaker 5: But uh, but no, I was like because Mike, uh earlier we see the we see Lori's funeral with the bird, and then the henchmen are like, what we're gonna do to retaliate? He was like, should we kill on me? He was like, that's not gonna hurt enough. And that's what you know when white people talking like that, especially if they Nazis or whatever.
Speaker 1: It's rapping.
Speaker 5: So were you surprised that they went in the way they did because I thought there was gonna take out the bouncer first and just have a massacre.
Speaker 4: I really liked this scene, but at the same time, some of the logistics were annoying me a little bit. But it wasn't a huge deal. But I mean, I've heard gunshots before. You're gonna hear that over music. I don't care how loud the music is. But was I surprised that they went in there like that? Absolutely not. They're fucking racist, crazy ass rednecks. That's exactly what they would do. I was, If anything, I don't think Laurie had anything to do with this, really, not at all, Just like I didn't think Laurie had anything to do with the drugs being fucked up. I think this is all her dumb ass people they're just goofy, fucking stupid ass rednecks. So I think that they just did this shit on their own, because this wasn't even a good plan. Like really, at any moment they should have got busted. All anyone had to do was turn around and look, and they would have got busted. They just got lucky. Laurie's not this stupid, no matter how much y'all don't like her. Laurie's not this dumb.
Speaker 11: So yeah, when you say busted, way you mean, well, they.
Speaker 4: Showed a part where the women were dancing on stage and their office is right there with the with the with the the sea through window or whatever. I think that was my annoyance with it.
Speaker 8: So he didn't have a lot of security because even if they had turned around, the girls was just gonna run. Like I was looking for the other men with guns on his side, like where was everybody at? It was one dude at the door and Kadem Harrison Like that was it. And I understand, it's a club way out in the middle of nowhere in LA usually don't expect this, but you still want to protect your product. I feel like and it would have it should have been more than one security guard. I thought there, Uh, that was the thing that bother me about it. But I agree with Mike in the sense, I don't think lord shit about this. It's just Jay redneck ass is going out here and do this, especially she not signing off on the plane if.
Speaker 4: You got lips driving.
Speaker 1: So I know what.
Speaker 4: I know that.
Speaker 7: They can see inside the office. I know they can see out. Maybe they can see inside. Before they could see it.
Speaker 4: Even if they could, what were they gonna do? Scream at least? And if they screamed, then you got Marshall Lynch and you got Yeah, at least I thought they weren't there because they was Collin trying to get information. I don't know, I mean, anyway it goes. I just thought this was a stupid ass plan. But I think arrogant. Oh what'd you say?
Speaker 6: I would believe that they would have a stupid ass plan. Yeah, I'm just surprised that it worked.
Speaker 4: Yes, it only wants because Alamo's arrogant and doesn't have security.
Speaker 5: They can To Rise's point, were you surprised only Kadeen got shot?
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 10: I thought he was gonna shoot the dispandish it, you know, instead of instead of ru like they tend to do in the movies, you know, and Joe's you know, make us think the main characters in trouble shoot somebody else. But yeah, I think they realized that he really didn't give a funk about them, so they just went with shooting him and trying to hurt him as as much as possible in the way that he'll still be able to tell. But yeah, but their fight was hilarious because she was like, I can't understand the ship she's saying.
Speaker 1: But I heard Rappa and I heard pooka ship. But yeah, I was. I was, but is he gonna live?
Speaker 10: That's the question, because that's that's a gut shot, bro, And and.
Speaker 4: He got a lot of.
Speaker 2: She was squeezing it like it was.
Speaker 4: I was like, she couldn't find the whole nick she couldn't talk it was a bullet hole. Or his belly button is soft.
Speaker 5: That's a bag of be Co bean the sixty.
Speaker 6: So no, y'all don't like.
Speaker 4: That is crazy?
Speaker 16: Where did you get that from? I'm trying to eat. I'm trying to eat healthy.
Speaker 15: I need I'll eat it moregies lately. But hey, listen, you could have been a good sauce.
Speaker 5: Listen, I'm trying to tell you, but it was like I think he branded granted that they didn't kill him off, like he didn't do that pass out death kind of thing. Like I was, you know, if the police or if the ambulance got here, maybe thirty minutes earlier, I could have survived.
Speaker 2: But I do think he ain't gonna survive next y.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna kill him.
Speaker 2: Really because he got the ships throw Yeah.
Speaker 8: I feel like yeah, yeah, I feel like it was up for a contract in the sense of if anybody get in this safe, you not so like.
Speaker 11: Yeah, he gonna kill him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my favorite. I don't know why, like when they were like kiss my white ass.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I didn't even think about it like that because I'm thinking and correct me if I'm wrong, Like Alimo will be just more upset and focus on getting back at LORI, not necessarily hurting like killing his guy for getting robbed, because I think that's the reason why I didn't have so much guards for security, because.
Speaker 4: It's like, who's gonna really rob us? Right?
Speaker 8: But your job, your job is making sure that this ship stay safe, and you let somebody in the safe like you gotta go, I have no use for you, and you hurt.
Speaker 4: I could see that it don't matter, like I think bikes onto something like, if your job is to protect that safe and you let this happen, then what do I have you for it? I don't think Alamo has friends, so I definitely think he would kill.
Speaker 1: Him or just let him die, or just let him.
Speaker 6: Die, she alluded to, because she was like, you know, if you don't look like he'll be all.
Speaker 3: Right, they don't.
Speaker 1: These questions.
Speaker 4: I was more surprised by Ruth's response.
Speaker 7: Yeah, because yeah, go ahead, go ahead, Mike, I was gonna bring it up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like you you can't like this dude was gonna shoot me in the head. So I don't think I would give a fuck that you got shot in the stomach. And I certainly wouldn't sell out my friend or I don't know if you call him friends or whatever. Yeah, I wouldn't sell out Fay for this dude that was gonna let me get shot in the head. Not So I was more surprised by that because of the countdown, right, right, that's what you're aboutright, Because he counted down like five four, and Dwayne Wade was like, go ahead, he put his glasses down.
Speaker 8: You think that do think this is going to get them to Laurie, which is why she told them lips.
Speaker 11: I think that's the reason why she did that. Give you to Lourie the police.
Speaker 4: But that's still that's still putting Fae in a position because most people I don't care.
Speaker 6: At this point because they could have the same way he and could have, Like they drove the niggas to the spot to kill me. You knew what he was doing, right, So like, if I I don't have loyalty to nobody, I'm switching off everybody at this point.
Speaker 5: If you're gonna snitch, you're gonna snitchbody.
Speaker 2: I mean, we'll see, because I thought I did see.
Speaker 5: I couldn't tell if it was if it was happiness in her eyes, like oh wow, like you said, look how the things turn, like I could finally put all this shit back in Laurie's ballpark, or it was like damn, I don't want to say nothing about Faye, but she got some big ass lips.
Speaker 4: She don't bishop exactly because he was there.
Speaker 6: It gets hard back into Alamo's good graces in any concern that she might have had for him.
Speaker 3: Thinking that she's a snitch.
Speaker 6: She's kind of dispelled that now because she's given him faith.
Speaker 4: I don't even think she thought about it that deep, because it seemed like she said, oh, that's Fame real quick. It seemed like she didn't even hesitate. She's like, oh.
Speaker 10: That's fa Yeah, yeah, it's just funny, like everything else was blurry.
Speaker 1: It's up the lips.
Speaker 4: Man that should have been cracking up too. I was like, that could only be one person. Only one person got big ass fucking lips like that she was.
Speaker 1: She was hanging out the window right right.
Speaker 4: And having her as the get that's super Yeah, that's super crazy. That's either Faye.
Speaker 1: It's one of.
Speaker 6: The nobody not that basy.
Speaker 4: They are too.
Speaker 3: They are not that big. They just they just they just crossed.
Speaker 4: The only difference between him and Faye is Fay got chapstick. Or it might be chapstick. I don't know what's on her lips. Whatever she got, she need to give it to Randall stick from a chap We gotta come on, thoughts. I hope swollen swollen and nice and listening last dogs, Nick.
Speaker 8: I hope that this the snitch storyline for Rule gets like again, they're not bad because they're good actors. But I hope there's something interesting in there that we haven't seen a hundred times before. I hope that that happens. And I want to see that conversation since we talked about it. I want to see that conversation between Jewels and and let's friend and lex I want to see that.
Speaker 6: I don't care. I don't really care, so I don't really care about a conversation between Lexi and Jewels.
Speaker 3: I am curious to see.
Speaker 6: Maybe Jewels the way tools deals with the criticism and a rejection more so than her needing to iron out anything and seeing how if.
Speaker 3: This affects her artwork at all.
Speaker 6: But last thoughts is I hope, like Spike said, I think, I hope that this Snitched storyline is played out in a way that makes it continue to be entertaining.
Speaker 3: And I really want to see them do something with Nick.
Speaker 6: I think if I if I get something from the nickt storyline that makes me feel better than the show's okay, if they keep sending Nick down this road, I don't know if the rest of this is enough to make this shot good for me this season.
Speaker 4: Wait, who's Nick Nate, I'm sorry, Nick, Oh okay, got you.
Speaker 3: Yeah. The more we talked about it, the more I like, actually like the episode.
Speaker 4: Like I said, I was about to say the same exact thing, Ron Okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because like and I said this at the top of the show.
Speaker 7: I think because we talked about it so much last week, I was just annoy So I actually want to go back and watch the episode and see how I feel after we talked about it and see if it feels the same.
Speaker 3: And I feel like it gonna feel a little.
Speaker 7: Bit better than when I initially watched it because I was annoyed when they want to snitch route. But yeah, I think they're probably not even gonna stay on this this thing for very long, very much longer.
Speaker 3: They might do it maybe one more episode.
Speaker 7: And because it because it seemed like the trend is like and that's how it became this, and this is how it became this. So I think that's by the end of it, she's gonna be like, and that's how it became whatever, save how.
Speaker 3: The church and we're gonna get back.
Speaker 6: To the fact.
Speaker 4: That's what they're gonna do too.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 3: So they're gonna take her down this Road. I think they they're they're they're breaking down each character in their own way, like they breaking down Nate, they breaking down Rude, They're breaking down Cassie. They're breaking down all.
Speaker 7: Of these people just to do some sort of redemption or something towards the end.
Speaker 3: I don't know what it is, but that's what it seems like.
Speaker 5: What are you looking forward to next epis so Mike wrapping up your thoughts on this one too?
Speaker 4: Well, No, it's just funny that Rod said that. The more we've talked about this, the more I think I do like the episode. It's still not as good as the last one, Yeah, but I think I do like this episode, and I think that what they're setting up is interesting because, like I said, I don't mind the snitching thing because I think they're gonna make it interesting because ru is such a fucking idiot, Like she's as bad as Pooky when it comes to being a fucking snitch. So I think that this is gonna be very, very interesting. I don't know. I don't know what I'm looking forward to the next episode because I don't really know where they're going right now. I don't know if there's going to be an all out drug war, which I don't think I really want to see that on Euphoria. That seems a bit too crazy. But I'm somewhere in between Nay and Spike. As far as the Jewels thing, I do kind of want to see a little bit of her discussing this with Lexi, but I'm more with Nay with I want to see how she handles the rejection of finally breaking out and displaying my idea of a beautiful scene on a beach with trans people and SIST people together and then being told no. So I don't know, man, the season started off pretty bad, but I think it's it's actually started to get interesting. Hey what about your stups?
Speaker 10: Well, as I mentioned earlier, I'm concerned we have the halfway point and I would like to see and this is the last season, so what are we going to be left with when it's all said and done. How we're going to wrap this up, this old storyline and everything. So that that's where my mind was at after this the season, after this episode end there it's like, Okay, you got you added all this stuff, but I don't see where we're going with it. So yeah, I would like to see some sort of advancement and the next two episodes, so at least we'll walk away with like I don't know if we'll be completely happy with the way we were with the first two seasons, but at least we'll get a solid conclusion to the story.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, make sorry real quick, Nick. When I was when I was going back and rewatching bits and pieces to prove Spike wrong, did y'all notice when when Cassie and Maddie were getting in the car there were two little girls like you saw that, Spike. Yeah, I didn't notice that. I thought that was watching them, Yeah, watching them do this ship. So I think it was trying to, like, you know, get this idea of perpetuating like a cycle, like these little girls are seeing these women do this, so then they're going to end the same thing.
Speaker 11: I thought that was the time. I thought they were very subtle and very clever.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 18: But yeah, anyway, sorry, Nick, go ahead, No, no, no, you're fine, I think because I've been listening to a lot of other reviews about this show, and they just really are shitting on it because what you said, it's not what it.
Speaker 4: Used to be. Like you say, y'all do cheating is cheating. I got listen. I do my own research loop.
Speaker 5: But all I'm saying is that what I what in comparison if you want me to see, let you know why I listen to them in comparison to us and seeing like if we're missing anything, But overall we talk about it in a way where we are still enjoying the episode. Like Rod and Mike just pivoted on their initial thoughts. Others I feel like I just hate watching like because it's just popular, we're just reviewing it, but outside of that, we're gonna bash it because this is what it ain't.
Speaker 4: This is what I don't understand. Why is this charactering this.
Speaker 5: I'm like, okay, we can do that every single episode, But to me, it's just like if I'm going to watch it, here's when I'm pulling from that I actually enjoy, you know.
Speaker 8: I understand that, Nick. I feel like a lot of that is rooted in the hate for the same yeah.
Speaker 2: Which is like if you ain't, then don't watch it.
Speaker 4: Then that's my thing.
Speaker 5: It's like, if you really hate this dude that much, why is covering it terrible TV?
Speaker 8: Like you like, I'm not watching this like Oh my god. I think a lot of it that I'm hearing because I'm a couple of podcasts that I listened to they cover it briefly, and a lot of it's.
Speaker 4: Just they just don't like to make the person makes it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's that's what bothers me as a listener. But overall, I'm I'm locked in. I think because I have hope that they will get to the ships because they got to the wedding pretty quickly in the season, and we thought that they were going to drag that out and Herb and Rue getting arrested in that same episode as like, okay, they're pushing things forward.
Speaker 2: So with Dwayne Way getting shot and Rue.
Speaker 5: Borderline getting caught as a snitch for the next episode and we might.
Speaker 2: Get a civil drug war.
Speaker 5: Like, I think that that's keeping me excited about the next two seasons or the next few episodes. I don't think this is the last season though, Ken. I think they's a contract. I think they got a contract for like another season. No, they got their legally contracted. They signed these contracts.
Speaker 4: Early, lou like they gotta do it.
Speaker 8: They're gonna have to bring on all new people, and I couldn't after Dune come out day.
Speaker 4: It's not even like looking this way, that's her fault, Like you said, she that's her agent. You locked in.
Speaker 5: You locked in because if Spider Man, if another Spider Man come out, she and that motherfucker too.
Speaker 4: She and Spider Man coming out, and she's she's in.
Speaker 5: She's in four major things, like she already had the Drama come out, which was start off the year hot. She's got Dune, Spider Man, and also, uh, there's one more thing.
Speaker 4: Fuck I forgot what it was.
Speaker 2: But she's like all the biggest She's like, she's in Odyssey as well, Like that's big.
Speaker 4: Those are the four biggest movies of the year. I think HBO is planning on it, but it's not gonna happen because the season is getting kitted on too hard. They go into here, they're gonna they're gonna have to because it's not hot the way it used.
Speaker 11: To be no more.
Speaker 5: But but you think that no one would still tune in If you're saying Zendia, Jacob whatever his name is, sidneys are all starting in the show that.
Speaker 8: We all used to love. You already got people that's tuning out. You got people that ain't watching it this season. Is that already gave are the viewers? Is that viewership dropping? It's it's the same thing that we talked about yesterday. When they take so long to get back to it, people just be like, man, fuck it.
Speaker 11: Like it's going down the first time. It's not as popular.
Speaker 8: It's not as popular, I don't think as it was when it was first out.
Speaker 4: If people hate watching it, as long as they got those viewership numbers, they'll they'll bring this ship back.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 4: I think like it's the viewership is.
Speaker 10: Up record breaking start season three debuts or fast season too by forty four.
Speaker 11: Oh, if it's up fifty percent, I can see that.
Speaker 4: I think Spike, you have a point that it's going to be more an issue of bringing back the actors because Zinday it's not gonna want to do this shit again. I think Nate's not gonna want to do this shit again. Cidy Sweeny will do it until she's eighty because she ain't got shit else happening. But the rest of them, I don't think they want to come back for this.
Speaker 6: I feel like they need to get They would need to get rid of Levinson in order to make this work, and I don't.
Speaker 1: Know how that's.
Speaker 4: Direct. Oh Nat die, I agree with you. Spike, Yeah, I think.
Speaker 1: They gonna die.
Speaker 4: Mhm, yes, thank you. We'll see.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 5: Those are our thoughts on this episode. Please let us know what you guys think. FPS podcast is our Reddit thread. That's also our handle for I G and Twitter, and we'll catch you next week.
Speaker 4: Be out peace,