Speaker 1: The Frans per Second Podcast.
Speaker 2: Alrighty, welcome to the France per Second. Alight, right, he's starting this all real white.
Speaker 1: I don't know I was a I love Lucy. Yeah, I never knew that. He used to say it all the time. Yea some crazy ship. Yeah it's I ain't gonna say what. It's really offensive what I say. In addition to oh my god.
Speaker 2: All right, we are here to review the nineteen ninety six film far Ago. Welcome to the France per Second Podcast. I am Spike lou here with me. I have Mike c Town Yo, I have Rod, and I have Ken.
Speaker 1: Yeah I did.
Speaker 3: Oh, I get it?
Speaker 2: Yeah Bett, all right. So Fargo as a nineteen ninety six film. It's a black comedy crime film by the Coen Brothers. And I don't mean black as in for that dark, dark dar dark comedy.
Speaker 3: What they call it dark comedies, but back then they refer to it.
Speaker 2: So it's about a car salesman who hires true criminals to kidnap his wife. I'll go around the room first, ro what'd you think about Fargo.
Speaker 4: I'd never seen this before, and I used to see it like I wanted.
Speaker 3: I was just to rent it.
Speaker 4: Or whatever, and I just never got around to like written it. It's like one of those that I've always wanted to see. So I'm glad again that this was nominated because I was like, Okay, now I can finally watch this movie.
Speaker 3: And so, yeah, I liked it. I liked it.
Speaker 4: They did a really good job with composition here, they did a really good job, uh with story, and yeah, I enjoyed it.
Speaker 3: I thought I thought it was good. I thought it was good. What do you think? No, damn, you're trying to get us back for that Mummy.
Speaker 1: I'm not. I'm not. I reverse, I'm not. I don't think it was bad. I did not know it was a comedy. Going again my expectations of what they've said about this movie, because it's supposed to be one of the ones classic et cetera, et cetera. I think it's been in Top something film or whatever whatever the number is, you know. So and then I think the one thing I saw, like in the description was that it was like a crime movie. So I'm thinking of it's gonna be some mob bosses and ship like that. So when this ship kept being all silly and goofy and kind of all over the place. I was really throwing off about why people enjoyed this, especially with the yeah you bet you all the other ship, which was you know I saw after it was a play on how I guess wherever they are supposed to be. Yeah, yeah it is.
Speaker 3: It's a little exaggerate. Yeah yeah, they dude, say, are you.
Speaker 1: Like, oh my god, what are we doing? And why is this a classic? That was really the thing. Why is this a class?
Speaker 2: I feel like this had a similar thing for you, like No Country for Old.
Speaker 1: Men very much.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, everybody was talking about it and then you see it, You're like this, yes it is.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry that contest. Yes it was, But I like you, Rod, I wanted to watch it mainly because the two of them talk about that TV show and and I was like, Okay, there's something to this Fargo thing because all the white people talk about this damn movie and Spike, so I was.
Speaker 2: Like, I need, I need to see this damn movie, you know.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I walked away.
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 1: I really wasn't that impressed. I didn't think it was trash. I just was not impressed at all.
Speaker 3: Interesting, Mike, what you think I love this movie?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: This is this is great. I haven't seen I'm trying to think. I don't think I've seen any other Coen Brothers movies, but this one is I yeah, this.
Speaker 1: Is really Oh the Coen Brothers have a name, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, very popular. Oh, brother, we're art thou on. I've never watched any of that.
Speaker 1: Ship I've seen.
Speaker 3: They didn't do No Country.
Speaker 5: No, yeah, I've seen they did. I thought they only did like goofy comedies.
Speaker 3: They I did not realize that.
Speaker 1: And that was the other thing. When I saw that they did it afterwards, I was like, oh, they they have a name. So now I was able to see why people are hype when they're getting behind movies, you know, because this was one of the ones that I guess is added to their You didn't see Raised in Arizona and I liked. I like Arizona.
Speaker 5: I guess I've just never really seen the really like. Like I said, like, oh, brother, We're art thou It just doesn't look like something I would like.
Speaker 1: I don't think you would. It's a comedy too.
Speaker 2: I didn't know they did a bad sensor and the white people's favorite The Big Lebowski if you ever heard of it.
Speaker 3: No, my girlfriend talks about it all the time. I've never watched it.
Speaker 5: Like the dude I don't know really likes it, but she's always makes references.
Speaker 3: To this guy. It's like your opinion, bro, I guess that's from the movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's another. That's another one that gets put on the pedal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the big lebo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they love You're right, they love that movie, bro.
Speaker 5: I like I got a big little I know. I told her that. I told you, I'm sick of y'all.
Speaker 3: Be like, have you seen the movie?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, most people don't do that, Spike. It's only you.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't. So you say you like it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I liked it.
Speaker 2: I liked it more than the first time than I did this time around.
Speaker 3: It didn't. It didn't. It was still good. I still enjoyed it.
Speaker 2: But I remember the first time watching it, I was like because I just wasn't expecting it to be what it was, and it was like, this is fine.
Speaker 3: Uh one of them minisodi is.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, but all of that stuff, like before I had seen it, even the dialogue, the yeah, like all of that was fired to me the first time I watched it.
Speaker 3: But I seen it the second time, I was like, Okay, I expect.
Speaker 2: That, but it's good in the show too, Like it renewed that when I watched the show, because they do a similar thing in a couple of the seasons in the shows.
Speaker 3: It's just good.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I wanted to watch the show because they talk about how good the show is.
Speaker 3: You can stop after season two, and I.
Speaker 1: Remember what you're saying that, and then it had and then I remember being attached to you know this movie. So I just wanted to catch up on culture.
Speaker 3: Yeap. It reminds me of like Canadian how they talk from.
Speaker 2: Same same yeah thing region. So what did you guys think about? We beat mister Loungard and he's walking into a ball where two we found out Hitman had been waiting on him. What did y'all think about the conversation between Lunguard and It hit me they had been waiting since seven thirty and he got there day thirty.
Speaker 5: It was just indicative of his personality of just just being a fuck up. He's like, oh, col sworn, I swore just sex thirty said seven thirty, well sworn, Yeah, just him going back and forth.
Speaker 3: I liked it.
Speaker 1: I thought they were fucking with him. I thought that, you know, they were gonna be like, oh no, we just messing with you, man. It was it was it was eight thirty whatever the time was.
Speaker 3: I think they fucked I.
Speaker 1: Didn't know they were really serious that he did at the time.
Speaker 3: Same, I didn't know it was. I ain't know. It was like a serious time mess up.
Speaker 2: I thought I thought that they were serious, but I thought they fucked up the time. Yeah, I thought they were supposed to be there eight thirty, but they just got there seven thirty. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: Did y'all like the two hit men on first? I like the quiet one. Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: He kind of looked like Ryan Goslin in a warped boy.
Speaker 1: That's all.
Speaker 3: That's funny.
Speaker 1: That's funny, that's crazy.
Speaker 3: No, I like them. I like them.
Speaker 4: I mean I've always liked. I forgot, I don't know his name, the man got with the messed up t the funny looking fella, Yeah yeah, always that fella.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the little fella, the little fellow, the little one is a little one, all right.
Speaker 2: So from there we hear the conversation. We hear what missus Lunguard is trying to do. He's trying to get his wife kidnapped, but he's trying to take the ransom money and split it with them. Nothing bad, nothing, the fair is gonna happen. It starts just like an episode of Dateline, like they're expecting this one thing to happen and people end up dead. From from there, mister Lungguard goes to the car dealership. He gets a phone call about a three hundred thousand dollars loan that he just secured, but he gave them fake serial numbers on the car. He also has a conversation with the mechanic about the two dudes that he meant and one that he didn't vouch for. The mechanic makes clear to himself, you spoke a little bit about this as we got into it, Mike, Like, are they building a good case for us to see that mister Lunguard is really just the fuck up?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Yeah, that's that's evident from the beginning. He's just a fuck up, and it's I mean, it's clear he doesn't know what he's doing. He's just fumbling around, but he's I forgot why he needed the money.
Speaker 2: He wanted to buy that park a lot, but why because he wanted to make more money.
Speaker 3: Okay, so there wasn't like he was just wanted to business.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and he basically like the family his wife's dad was was rich, but he wanted his own money.
Speaker 3: That's what it was. That's why I was trying to remember. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: He didn't like always having to depend on his wife, his wife's dad, so he wanted to have his own money. But then he was still kind of depending on him because he wanted him to give him that loan or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yes, wanted him invest in his business. Right, nothing reminds me of broken.
Speaker 3: Yeah. It was just like you know, the her dad was rich, he owned like a whatever he wanted it. He told him off. Kid.
Speaker 2: What did you think about long Guard? Did you think he was up after these couple of scenes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I don't think his voice is like that for real, So I think they, you know, intentionally did that voice to kind of illustrate that he was like, goofy and silly and don't know what the hell he's doing. That opening scene was dope. It was just the snow and you see the car the headlights. Yeah, that ship was dope. That's what I was like, Oh, ship were about to be in for some crime mob boss ship.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, you got long guard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now, ste we got him, all right.
Speaker 3: So we go to the.
Speaker 2: Home there, the wife's there cooking dinner. Dad's stop by visiting. He mentioned this business deal that one guard wants to do and he wants to look at the paperwork, looks at the paperwork, calls him in the next day and it's like, how much you want for the Finder Street A little buddy, because I'm taking this over from here.
Speaker 3: That was fucked up?
Speaker 1: It was up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what do y'all have done the same thing?
Speaker 2: If this dude is a poop put I ain't give you like he's a what he said, one of the best things and he put poo putut?
Speaker 1: What show man you got that from?
Speaker 2: Oh no, I can't remember that dad being said Mike. He was like, so you want me to give you three hundred thousand dollars and you.
Speaker 3: Make all the money. He made a good point as a businessman.
Speaker 5: He did, But I mean I think he put I mean, maybe uh, William mas Matson, what's his name again, lung guard, lung guard, Maybe he should have presented it more as like, let's both go in on this and we can split it.
Speaker 3: But he didn't do that.
Speaker 2: I think he realized his son, like, we just sit here, and he realized his son in laws that was it, because he was like, every time you get around some ship something crazy like I ain't gonna give you three hundred thousands.
Speaker 1: Was just on the business ship.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I thought, but if he if he wasn't such a funk up, maybe he wouldn't have thought he could debo him out of it.
Speaker 1: Would you'll have taken the finals for at least?
Speaker 2: Yes, got to at that point, what else he gonna do? What's set up? And kidnapping dog? Yeah, I think you take the seventy five and that's got it.
Speaker 3: That's what it is. Well, I think I think it was.
Speaker 4: I mean, well, that gave him reason to not call off the the Kidnapper because he was trying to call it off because whatever, because he got that he got.
Speaker 3: To mister Lightfoot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I thought that was going to be the movie, just him trying to do this. He got the money. Now the rest of the movies him trying to call it off and he was unable to stop it.
Speaker 3: But it was not the case. It was not the case.
Speaker 2: And the two robbers show up at the house can and the wife is just looking at a masked man laying around her house, out moving and waste to decide to jump around once the windows broken.
Speaker 3: How stupid was this? Anybody can take it. I don't know how much I want to call it stupid. Just go grab the phone.
Speaker 5: I might have been like, what the fuck is this dude doing? He must be at the wrong with a ski mask?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would like to think that.
Speaker 3: You wouldn't think.
Speaker 1: Doing with a ski mask and a gun?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's never gun yet. All he had was what the is this dude doing with a ski That's not what she would do in the second s.
Speaker 5: I might have waited until he busted the window out and then took off my gun, Like I know.
Speaker 3: I might have been like, this motherfucker's at the wrong house.
Speaker 5: The audacity, the nervous Yeah, the audacity and broad daylight to come roll up on my house like this.
Speaker 1: You must be at the wrong You must be right.
Speaker 3: That's what I would have That's really what I would have thought. If it was nighttime, i'd have already got the blaky but it's a broad daylight. I would have been like, what is he doing fuck y'all.
Speaker 5: You see the Jack City Man broad Day, that's true. I don't know, I don't know. I didn't really think she was stupid. I thought she's just one of those white people that just like they're not used to crime.
Speaker 4: Used to crime in Minnesota. I mean, yeah, yeah, I can see that. Oh yeah, Minnesota definitely has something, let's be clear.
Speaker 1: But as she was just ignorant. And then I don't even know how the water was dripping in the shower unless she just bumped it or whatnot. But yeah, I was wondering.
Speaker 3: I thought he's seen something.
Speaker 1: I said it on the captures, water dripping.
Speaker 3: I missed that times she wounded back. That was smart. She had me food, Yeah I did. I was seeing this in the movie several times.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was food. I didn't think she was I didn't think she was in the shower until the way the shower said, and you saw the shower in the back. I thought she was in the thing next to the shower and like that cabinet thing. I thought that's what she was hiding. But I knew she didn't go ass out that window because she just said and watched the motherfucker come through the winter. She ain't that God damn smart, that's true.
Speaker 3: So they kidnapped her, put in the truck.
Speaker 2: She shower though she was yelling coming out there and filled out, was lacked.
Speaker 3: I thought she was gonna kill herself, right, I thought that's what I thought she was too. I thought she was dead.
Speaker 1: I thought she was killed, and she ain't moved, like damn killed this damn woman.
Speaker 3: Men.
Speaker 2: But she wasn't dead. So they got her in the car. They're taking her away. They wanted to take her and cop season. These two idiots forgot to put plates on the car. Not one idiots, one idiot, but the second one didn't not knowing the way an' no when no place. But still there's no plates on the car to get pulled over for temporary tags.
Speaker 3: Y'all haven't seen this. What did y'all think was gonna happen right here?
Speaker 1: I didn't think this is gonna happen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I did not know that this was that type of movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it had been funny up to this point. You don't expect it, okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't.
Speaker 4: I want to expect him that for him to shoot him like that and then fucking blood. I was like, oh, okay, well damn so so yeah that that quickly changed.
Speaker 3: This movie and I was just like, damn.
Speaker 4: And then motherfucking people that was riding passed, he looking like.
Speaker 2: You like he's mashed off to get them. Think twice about he really about to really about to go chase them down. Yeah, that's what we got to cover from. Yeah, the other movie. I knew that cop was good and dead. I didn't know how he was gonna kill.
Speaker 1: Him, but yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I know, especially once he said the tags were messed up and jacked up. The only thing that gave me slight pause was I thought he was gonna take the fifty.
Speaker 4: Dollars when he tried to bribe him a little subtle sit he was saying.
Speaker 3: He said, you know, we could just take care of this. He was not good at that.
Speaker 1: He was like, y'all, don want to go through ass out the car man. He's dumb ass, bro. And then yeah he was. He was worthless because he couldn't even drag the body to, you know, to cover it up. But yeah, when he I thought it was no, they didn't drive off. Did they try to drive off the road and crash or.
Speaker 3: They were going too fast.
Speaker 5: They were trying to drive away fast and get away, and they just wrapped. Which is another thing I like about this movie, because I mean, that's realistic as fuck.
Speaker 3: The fact that Buddy left his girl in the car and the.
Speaker 1: Still drive.
Speaker 5: Maybe, but then again, maybe he thought he would divert and lead the guy away, but it.
Speaker 1: Looked like he was just running away. He ain't care about this girl, y'all.
Speaker 3: Y'all, y'all want no girl like that.
Speaker 1: Why why are.
Speaker 3: You asking that?
Speaker 2: You said you ranged gunman, I'm just asking just wondering, right, No, I would have definitely not left her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, So we got three people right back.
Speaker 2: So we got three people dead there, and from the three homicide scene we meet March, that's four people.
Speaker 5: Because wasn't there somebody in the passenger sat of the cop car?
Speaker 3: Am I making that up up? Yeah?
Speaker 2: It was just a cop and the two bodies in another car. I thought there was two cops in the car just because somebody would have they would have to shoot the other one, and I thought they did.
Speaker 1: Know what you're thinking about the bride, Yeah, because it is funny.
Speaker 3: You're right, That's what I'm thinking of before I even get there.
Speaker 2: On the car ride to there, they're going through this whole spiel with him, Steve Beshemian telling his character like, you ain't said nothing, and they did. They do a good job of setting the other character up as a psychle by showing he don't talk.
Speaker 1: Always like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I didn't. And he was smoking the hell out that didn't need it?
Speaker 1: Then, Yeah, I think they did a good job of trying to go and establish that.
Speaker 3: I did like it, you know, anything either then was just go inside. It was silence.
Speaker 2: He was smoking the hell out of them cigarettes too, Like that was insane how many cigarettes he was smoking. But back to March. We meet March. She seems like a pretty, you know, sharp cop. Did y'all like Barge on the introduction?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: Did you like Mark?
Speaker 1: Hell?
Speaker 5: Yeah, March is March is my girl, pregnant his hell on the job and I don't really even like cops.
Speaker 3: I like this cop. She was all right and March do it for you? Can you bet?
Speaker 1: This is when the movie started the.
Speaker 3: Term for me, Damn, are you really like to show.
Speaker 1: That I was? I was okay with like the introduction of March, you know, because they're new characters. So you're showing like you're you're introduced her to her personality type through the husband. You know, I want to I'm gonna make your bags hunt and stuff like that. So and bye. By now the tone is sort of being established. But it felt like from here they really doubled down on the tone because we spent a lot of more time with her and her interactions and other stuff that was happening. So yeah, as it went on, like and like and that's that's the one. I'll tell you when I was like, Okay, nah, this ain't the movie that I thought, because because once they killed the three people, I'm like, oh, ship, we offer running now, hick, come March. They're gonna be running from March. So we gotta we gotta, we gotta hunt to get this woman. And she's you know, but it it, it did not go where I thought it was gonna go.
Speaker 3: Did you like March?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: She was fine.
Speaker 4: I thought she was a little too good as a as a cop a woman.
Speaker 3: But she's pregnant.
Speaker 2: Oh you don't think pregnant women would be.
Speaker 3: She was too good to be a dame.
Speaker 1: Wasn't she over the police department or something?
Speaker 3: You mean to tell me, this was the chief. They don't make broad too good. God's fucking crazy.
Speaker 2: That's fucking swimming Mellope cruise went through and uh, people like damn like that what I mean by they made it too good? I don't think I would have to explain this, but it's like for the.
Speaker 4: For the movie, like it's just like you didn't give us anything like to like you just PLoP her in this and then she's just I don't have no history.
Speaker 3: With this, like this is it?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 2: This was establishing that foundation that she's really good. That's why they called her. Who Yeah, she was in bid with her husband's dude couldn't figure it out and she had to give somebody couldn't figure it out and brought her. Maybe I missed that, Okay, so that makes sense.
Speaker 4: I'm like, why don't she just jump on the scene and she just fucking ace detective Damn, Like I need some type of lead up.
Speaker 3: But if it was a dude that other than it was elbow, the chief in her name didn't really just read out.
Speaker 2: I was just like, I need you, I know you, the chief believe I still need thought she was Native American or some ship.
Speaker 3: He didn't think he ain't no way, ain't no way. This broad as a fucking chief of belief that the nation chief. At the very.
Speaker 2: Most, Marge identifies everything. She pretty much pushed together. You know how the crime worked, what happened. And then we go back to mister what's his name again?
Speaker 3: Which guy?
Speaker 2: Lounder guard London Guard is talking to his stepdad about the ransom money.
Speaker 3: It has to go through me. I don't want to talk to anybody else.
Speaker 2: No, this is my thing now, you won't ruin it.
Speaker 1: This is my wife.
Speaker 3: He should have been like, what's your money?
Speaker 1: But and my daughter too? Right, Bro, you're talking to did you like this boy?
Speaker 3: Kid? And I did? Where you signing with the dad or the husband?
Speaker 1: Oh? Well, I mean I was signing with the dad. You know this? Yeah, Like you said, this is my money and my daughter and you don't have the money, so you know. And I know the rules of marriages once they marriage is responsible whatever, but don't matter right there, b.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Nah, that's always my daughter. It might not always be your wife, right right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you had nothing to do with that, but nah, I like the sort of paranoia that it showed. Also earlier, how you know they already had signed him anyway. So now here's this thing that he can assert real, true control over because the life of the dart, of the thing he cares about the most is at stake here. So he had enough leverage to hold him off even though the guy wanted to call the cops, you know as well, but he had the right idea to call the cops, and you know, he and this seemed like he was all that concerned too. It was like, and it's one hundred million dollars, what are we talking about, Like there's a lot of money, the professionals, all the professional in which he you know, not dealing with this fucking idiot.
Speaker 2: I guess because the movie watches and we're watching it from this lens, and we know he just seemed super guilty of that conversation to me, like it seemed like he was giving himself away, like I gotta do it.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no car the police. No. I thought it was because I thought the dad was trying to not give him all the money. Well, he did want to negotiate, Yeah, give him less.
Speaker 2: That's why I was like, no, they might take five honey, No, are you.
Speaker 3: Was wed him? Might him down?
Speaker 5: Wed that ship? Was weird, that's my daughter. But I'm gonna haggle. You don't haggle with fucking kidnappers.
Speaker 3: What are you doing, Roger?
Speaker 1: What you.
Speaker 3: Say?
Speaker 4: He's probably used to doing it and think he could get away with with with.
Speaker 3: A criminal as well, And yeah, no, it don't work that.
Speaker 4: Way, which related to say, see that that's gonna be his the mind because again he just thinks he you know, money talks and he's always in charge.
Speaker 6: You would love to have more content from frames per second. Become a patron where you can contribute to what we review and discuss. Our patreon gives the listeners the power to nominate and vote a monthly discussion in film review, while also nominating and voting on weeka solo reviews from each cast member. You also get the opportunity to vote on the publicly released anniversary film, all exclusive to our Patreon. So become a patron at patreon dot com frames per second, where there are two tiers you can choose from. That's patreon dot com forward slash frames per second.
Speaker 2: So we get that he's gonna chet up everything to go to the cabin where he had his wife head at this point in time, watching the movie Ken o' roger first time, Sai. Did y'all think something was gonna go wrong with the kidnapping?
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, it was clear as day by. Now we see that one don't know what the hell they're doing. We see the other as a psycho. We saw them basically playing with their foods order when she got out of the car, and they just watched her stump, which was funny.
Speaker 3: That was funny.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I probably would feel like I would do the same thing.
Speaker 5: Watch see hold on, just wait wait this way that.
Speaker 3: I just I was waiting for.
Speaker 1: I was that's what the house house?
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, because he had already fell down the stairs doing the same ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah but nah, yeah, this this was definitely gonna go wrong.
Speaker 3: Did you think the same thing right?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, I knew something was gonna happen.
Speaker 4: They they had already been messing up this mission to begin with, so yeah, I knew something was gonna happen.
Speaker 2: Now because they had to kill three people on the way. Kidnappers called mister London Garden and be like, we need more money, we need a flat out a million, And from that point the dad wants to take over the negotiation and I want to pull up you out of you you go back to the bullpen son is what he told.
Speaker 3: Us because he was on the other phone.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 3: Yeahah, he was like, it's over with back in the day, you can do that on the line in the house.
Speaker 1: I want to get the numbers right. So the first dollar on the table was eighty thousand, and.
Speaker 3: They were gonna split the forty forty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it turned into when Lunsguard talked to the dad, a million, okay, but the.
Speaker 3: Guy turned it turned to five hundred thousand and then went to a minute.
Speaker 1: It turned to five hundred thousand, but the people that did the kidnapping didn't know it was it was all it was for them. It was still eighty thousand, so he was gonna keep the rest and forty thousand. So did he ask for more money because of what they did earlier? Then, No, Lunsford. Did he raise the amount because of the parking lot deal?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because now he was boxed out and wasn't gonna even get anything from the law, so he wanted to do the deal on his own.
Speaker 1: That finders fee could have been close to that forty thousand, though, depending if it was three hundred whatever, the still was seventy five you even depending on what the percentage was through the math. But okay, so it went from eighty to five hundred thousand to a mini and the kidnappers were the ones that raised it to a meal.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: Okay, so they bruh, you can't go from eighty thousand dollars to a million dollars.
Speaker 2: Three people did, nah, man, they know what thousand? He told them that her dad got money. So now they're thinking, all this would be a big look for us if your dad got money or do anything.
Speaker 3: Let's shoot for the move.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, how do you know he had a million? Though? That's a good point, you know, you went from like eighty thousand, yeah, but a million. But anyway, okay, I just want to make sure I was right on that. I was clear on that.
Speaker 3: Oh ro I didn't thank for you on that all.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: From there, March goes up to the Twin Cities, so follow up on the lead and she runs into Jerry. Do you think that she thought that he was up to something? And this is when she goes up and she talks to him at the car lot and he just first she talked to lightfoot.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, step lightfoot.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Did she go talk to Jerry and he's nervous being his typical self. Roger said, you don't know if she was good police. Do you think she was picking up on anything right here?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: Absolutely, yeah, yeah, yeah she was. And it was just a little pressure. It wasn't even like no heavy pressure. Like he was just that bad at hiding that something's up. So so yeah, yeah he was. He was a horrible liar.
Speaker 2: He wanted them people to arm pitch, probably swear a lot, like you'd be sitting there talking to him. The next thing you know, it's her whole shirt, it's like wet on the side. He seemed like one of those people.
Speaker 1: But it all makes sense, right, He's never done anything like that. He's clearly a buffoon, but right now we know that. So for him, he would not know how to finagle this. And we saw earlier with the with the serial numbers, he couldn't even get that lost straight. Shit.
Speaker 2: It was one more that that motherfucker just went mute like he ain't even saying that.
Speaker 3: She was like mis she didn't know what she said. Mister Linderguard, mister Linderguard.
Speaker 1: He checked out yeah, and Danny Love.
Speaker 3: That was that was Nick get to that.
Speaker 1: Mike.
Speaker 2: Did you think she figured out mister lounderguard the first time she made him?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, he knew he was involved because he's not yet like, I agree with you one hundred percent. He definitely seems like the type that would have the whole sign and shirt and around his chest and is wet because he's sweating so hard.
Speaker 3: He's he was not good at any of this. He wasn't really good at anything.
Speaker 5: I think this is after the part where that the guy punk him about the car, the Truth, the True Seal.
Speaker 3: He's like, I don't want the true sea. You told me eleven five or nineteen five told me nineteen Jore, that's what it is. Just a liar. That's how I go to man. And then they'll be like, well, let me go talk to mine, and the same thing you say, man, he said, I'm going to the Flyers.
Speaker 1: Game went from a leven he said, he said, I can knock off one hundred dollars for you, bro.
Speaker 3: That was crazy.
Speaker 5: That's off the truth and stuff I don't want. And I told you I told you I didn't want.
Speaker 1: Yo that.
Speaker 3: It was crazy because it because because.
Speaker 1: They do that ship.
Speaker 3: That was that was so spot on.
Speaker 1: When you do that ship.
Speaker 3: And they tld me they got to go talk to the management.
Speaker 2: Let me go fly. He's never done this before, but he file from him. Man, they mayboul have drug me out of there. Bro, I hated.
Speaker 3: I'm so glad of like the car, Bro car straight on line.
Speaker 1: You don't have to go in there.
Speaker 2: So they questioned lightfoot, but this was I still don't know because I've watched a long time ago. Of course this time, which one of them did he vouch for the mechanic?
Speaker 3: Was it funny looking a big Actually I couldn't.
Speaker 2: That's what I thought too, until we get to the other scene, which other saying I'll get to it. Totally get you good glad you asked before I get to that. Another thing that confused me was the Marge and Mike situation. This just felt like from another movie. And Mike was the Asian guy that she meant for dinner that always had a crush on her.
Speaker 3: You gotta describe as the Asian man because he's the only Asian. I mean, it's been a guy.
Speaker 1: We didn't need. We know he's the only age but he was Asian.
Speaker 3: For the people that just listening and may not know.
Speaker 1: Mike is Mike.
Speaker 3: He was I know, and his name was Mike.
Speaker 2: So it is racist expected what y'all take from Marge and Mike.
Speaker 3: It is like a separate movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah did it?
Speaker 2: It didn't for me. It's just because this movie is so random. I don't know why she even went there. That's the part that that's.
Speaker 3: What I was confused. I guess it was just the dude was in town. It was like, hey, she was in his town. Sorry, thank you. Yeah, so, but but how did he know she was there? He saw on TV. Yeah, they called her okay, so it makes sense. Then he saw she made an excuse to go up here.
Speaker 2: That's why I was like, what, because what you mean she made an excuse to go up there? Well, it was she talked to him and then last minute she was like, I'm going to the Twin Cities and her husband's like you are, Like.
Speaker 3: It was almost I think she had to go for the job. I think she kind of mixed both up together. No, I don't think she was going up to on her husband, not like that. She's alreadygnant she said here. I mean even though you GK told you about that girl. Baby, she ate a lot in this film too. That's a crazy segue.
Speaker 2: You said, like she was that Joe played at the buffet?
Speaker 3: Yeah, did she want to go get lunch after that? Did you? She went to go get lunch after it? I know she's eating for two.
Speaker 5: I've never been with a pregnant woman, so I don't I say that that's how it goes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, all day? All this for me, this is where the movie started to lose.
Speaker 3: They already lost you.
Speaker 1: The way because Mark Marge was fine up to this point. But now we're getting a lot of her and the you betcha, the yeah and all this stuff, and now it's very random and nothing is kind of stitching together. So then you add in this Mike, random character that called her on the phone late. She answered, had a full conversation with him. I thought the ship was fucking weird, yet she decided to go meet him for lunch. I'm with you, guys, why the fuck did you even go? And her husband need to ask that motherfucking question.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm with you on that. I do like he don't got no job, so he can't ask no questions. The fuck.
Speaker 5: Put I put that load in you.
Speaker 1: Why are you going up there?
Speaker 3: What was his job? He's like he was describe.
Speaker 1: Something about stamps or whatever.
Speaker 3: It's about stamps.
Speaker 1: But I thought there was there was going to be more from this scene of him, just especially when they were like, yeah, he ain't really married that and all that ship was alive. So I'm like, okay, what was the purpose of that scene at all? But I did like when he went over there, was like, yeah, I'm just sit over here, and she was like, nah, I prefer you.
Speaker 2: That was It was real good because she didn't need to look at It's fine, and it's fine.
Speaker 3: But that was, oh my god, that was so cringey. Why was he trying to make a move on the pregnant?
Speaker 2: Her face didn't break it all all either. She was like, yeah, there's fine, she's good.
Speaker 1: She's good. Yeah right, that was a good answer to and he started to break down and crying and lying even more. He just made all that shit up. She died from cancer and all those ship.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you didn't do that.
Speaker 2: Andwhere was the same way you asked me about to see Mike uh with Lightfoot And he goes to Steve Masini. He finds it, and he pulls a tony soprano and puts belt the ass on Steve me. And this is what many questioned which one of them had he vouched for, because I feel like if he vouched for Steve Beshemi, he wouldn't have go went bell to ask with him.
Speaker 3: Oh see, I thought the opposite.
Speaker 2: I thought that he knew the other guy and knew that the pulley, he wouldn't have told the police and this other dude that I don't know, I'm gonna come beat your ass because they threatened to send me back to Oklahoma.
Speaker 3: That's how I you. I feel you, Spike.
Speaker 2: I thought the reason he went up there and whipped his ass is because he knows him and he knows he can do that. But what you're saying makes way more sense because his attitude and the other guy's attitude are way more similar.
Speaker 3: So I think you're saying. I think you're totally right.
Speaker 2: What did you'all think about him putting belt the ass on the funny looking fellow.
Speaker 3: Rod Ken?
Speaker 1: It was funny a grown man whopping another grown man with a belt while he in there having said, bru, how embarrassing is fucking that number one and they didn't even whoop her ass.
Speaker 3: I think he hit her as he kicked.
Speaker 1: Was running down out of here, and they came in and whooped his ass some more. Again more random that. I'm like, what the hell because it was just an ass whooping and then it didn't go anywhere. He just showed up and whooped his ass and then it we didn't see him anymore.
Speaker 3: Where'd you want it to go?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I thought they want to do more with it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm kind of a spike.
Speaker 5: I don't think you'll like the show because the show is kind of like this too, where it's weirdly random.
Speaker 3: But I like stuff like that too.
Speaker 2: Like one of my favorite scenes was in the middle of the street when he called the detective over there. It's like, yeah, I got this weird guy that came in the bar and he was asking this thing about prostitutes, and I was like, well, yeah, I can't chitch you up with prostitutes, so I don't look like that kind of guy that I look like that kind of like, well, I mean you asked like I thought that whole thing was good.
Speaker 5: See, and I don't want this to go to a crazy segue. But like, this movie is very dialogue heavy, but this kind of dialogue works for me. This is what I wish Tarantino movies had like this. This dialogue is totally random, but it's so awkward that it's funny. And I feel like Tarantino almost does stuff like that, but it doesn't work for me.
Speaker 3: This kind of movie with this kind of dialogue. I love this shit.
Speaker 5: I need to see some other movies. Then I think, at least the comedy Ones cool Tarantino, No, no, no, this guy Coen Brothers.
Speaker 2: All right, so belta ass scene. Then the dad again takes over and I'm going to meet.
Speaker 3: The kid with a hard dick.
Speaker 5: Ain't that some ship he ain't even not yet brought that?
Speaker 3: He said, Hey, buddy, I'm fucking this. That was so I'm glad we went back. That ship had me in tears. He buddy, Hey buddy, this girl this is so good.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: You didn't laugh with that? Can you laughing at the monkey? But you ain't laughing at this? That ship was so buddy, I'm gunny, it's so white. Just the same, buddy, I'm fucking this. No power.
Speaker 1: He walked his ass, ship lashes on his belt. I said that, Now you see how that ship feels.
Speaker 3: He's whipping stupid. He was whipping him with the buckle. I don't think that picked up on that until this time of watching it. He was hitting him with the belt buckle, That's why he.
Speaker 1: Had those.
Speaker 3: Interesting. I thought he just had it from the whip action, unless I'm making that up.
Speaker 5: I'm almost positive when I look it looked like the buckle was swinging down.
Speaker 3: Interesting. And ya, I don't know why he did it, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Or y'all knownching threatened.
Speaker 3: Why y'all thought it was random then? Or why did you think it was random?
Speaker 1: Just No, his actions and why he did it made sense. Snitching. It's just a random ass belt whipping in a movie about a crime. I guess at this point it's a crime gone wrong and not this old crime mob thing or whatever. And then it just kind of that was it. Like he didn't go after the other guy, he didn't do anything. It's just I'm whooped you g ass, and then I got my pay back.
Speaker 2: But the other guy was just what I think happened. And they do a good job. They leave so much to be like you figure it out. For yourself. But what I think happened was he called the other guy once the police left, and it's like, hey, man, I hooked you up with this dude who you working with on this? Because he told me somebody else was with you? And now the police coming up here hollering at me. And then the dude told him who it was and where he was, and that's when he went and whooped his ass.
Speaker 3: That's what I think.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, Then I started asking questions. What you just reminded me? Like I did he know where he was at? I get the room, but I didn't he know where he was at?
Speaker 3: And he told the other dude where he was at.
Speaker 1: So yeah, which we didn't see or right.
Speaker 3: Here, all right.
Speaker 2: The dad goes to meet the kidnappers, and this goes exactly how you thought it would go.
Speaker 3: I love this man. Yeah, are you people fucking stupid?
Speaker 1: Who are you?
Speaker 5: I told him, Oh, it seems so good man. So he thought it was going to go like this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the dad was too much of a deckhead. There's no way that dad was making it.
Speaker 3: Out in cold blood. And Steve Beshini is way too unhinged at this point, you know. Yeah, at this point.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well I've seen the other one killed somebody, but I hadn't seen him killing anybody yet.
Speaker 5: But I think he was Yeah, you're right. I think at this point he just got his ass whipped.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he just took.
Speaker 1: All this and maybe that was the peron because after that, no, now you guys mentioned that, maybe that's okay, maybe that's what yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, it makes more sense now.
Speaker 3: I thought it was crazy when the dad shot him in.
Speaker 2: The face, his face, Yeah, I thought he I thought he shot him through the face.
Speaker 1: I do love this scene because it was so random, and you know, you're seeing these movies. People show up and ship kind of go right or wrong or something happened as a renegotiation and they start telling the whole story. Nah. He was just like man like, man, what money? Yeah, but I like that dad still don't visit to It was like, nah, you showed me my my my daughter, no money, but you had no leverage exactly.
Speaker 3: The dad is a hothead, Yep, that's why this happened. He thought he could come just figure it out by himself. Yeah, he thought he thinks he knows everything. And that guy was so annoying. Man, he was, you knowing character, all right.
Speaker 2: So from there, so the dad's dead, the three people on the road did that's four. He's leaving out of there, he shoots the gate attend, So five people are dead from this bullshit that London Chriss got.
Speaker 1: On for no reason.
Speaker 2: I just want to keep it Italia that and then Marge understand what happened. She goes back to the car lot asked Jerry some information about the cars, and when they did inventory, he said, you know what, I'll go do it right now. That was so funny. Oh no, you didn't like that. That was so funny. That was so fucking funny. That lady did a great job.
Speaker 1: Interviews interviews. I was like, and in fact she let him trying to do inventory.
Speaker 3: I thought he was really the inventory got out of there there. Oh man, I'm not doing right now.
Speaker 1: Man, you start cussing the ass out.
Speaker 3: Oh that shit was so funny.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to comply. I'm trying to help you.
Speaker 3: Out right, I'm trying to help you. And she was like, sir, I didn't do anything to warrant that.
Speaker 1: Yeah with me, because was this one on the second interview where she asked him a question. He ain't say shit, that.
Speaker 3: Was the first one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, then this one, and he just snapped and she was like, I didn't say anything to make you do that. So he dips out. My man got the money, he buries half of it in the snow. He takes out their big gran. It's super dumb because if you taking the car that you was driving in, just leave it in the car.
Speaker 1: Bro You're looking around for like landmarks, right, and you just see there in the landmarks, so you leave the handle there. But I guess he was gonna come right back.
Speaker 2: He that money still there by the way, Yeah, yeah, he thought he would. He takes the eighty grand out, so it's nine hundred and twenty thousand dollar was in the briefcase. Eighty grand he's riding with, takes it back to my man and says he go your cut, go your forty grand, go my forty grand. You take my truck. I'm gonna take the car. My man was like, well, we splitting the car.
Speaker 3: He was like, why the fuck were gonna split the car? Which seemed pretty obvious to me. Nigga giveing me.
Speaker 2: Half the money and Steve BESHEMI was not going forward what's this is probably one of the dumbest decisions in the movie, would you say, so.
Speaker 3: Ken Rod and Mike some decisions to not go for the splitting another car.
Speaker 1: Just give the man that car.
Speaker 2: It's nine hundred thousand million, yeah, all this stuff. Yeah, now you say that, it's now you got nine hundred.
Speaker 3: All you gotta do is make it out of here. Yeah, just make it home, you know, for the car. He got greedy. Yeah, but he felt disrespected. And I'm actually trying to remember this part. This is a very prominent I'm trying to remember.
Speaker 2: He went back to the cabin, right, he said, he threw the eighty grand down, Here go your forty, Here go my forty in the face, right, I remember that. He tells the dude, you're gonna take my truck. I'm gonna take the car.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: Crazy dude was like, well, if you're gonna take the car, were splitting it? And Steven seems like how were gonna split Gonna cut it with an axe or with a change, right, And then he dude was like, no, you're gonna pay me for my half of the car. So he was asking Steve Mashine, if you're gonna take the car, pay me for half kind of what it's worth it. He is stupid, but to get out of there, Steve Macheen should have did it because you.
Speaker 3: Had the other money. You got nine thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: God, he got the money in the car, right, I forgot. He took the money after he killed the dad.
Speaker 2: So you got nine hundred thousand up the street and all you had to do was split that twenty whatever he wanted for that car. That car couldn't have been over eight grand, let's call it that. So after he agrees he doesn't agree to it, he comes behind him with an axez.
Speaker 7: That was It was like one of the long yeah yeah, like a pick axe, like a chopping yeah, yeah yeah, some small ones that have the little pointy end on one side and the axe on the other side.
Speaker 3: So it wasn't that, No, it was a real axe.
Speaker 1: Here's my question for y'all. If you saw a guy pull a guy's head into the car and shoot somebody another blood, why would you turn your back to.
Speaker 2: That motherfucker and not just giving what you're asking for.
Speaker 5: It showed throughout the movie that Steve Beshemi is irrational. He's not he's not all the way there. And I think he just thought that motherfucker's not gonna one. Motherfucker's not gonna do this to me. Two, I just killed a man and I'm in paying for my face.
Speaker 2: He's just not thinking, Yeah, it is true, all right, so he kills Yeah, he ain't thinking nothing because that acts in the back of his damn head. Now, at this point, Marge is putting two and two together. She's sewing all the pieces together. She's heard the story from the police. They were talking in the middle of the street about them being up by the lake. So she tries to bust the block around the lakes and she finds the car she's looking for, And then she finds the car that she looks for.
Speaker 3: She see my man in the place.
Speaker 2: Putting his partner in the woodchipper with then stepping out with blood all over the snow.
Speaker 3: Was this too convenient.
Speaker 1: Of her just happening to drive oy the car?
Speaker 3: Yep?
Speaker 1: And it's just being there. I mean, at this point, I'm just go with thy giving me damn but and we had to get to the end. One thing I did like it.
Speaker 3: Was only our I like that got in and I was.
Speaker 1: Trying to think of how we go, We're going to get to a reasonable conclusion. That made sense. This made sense, whether it was convenient or not. We didn't know where they were, so they were just somewhere. So it it worked out, It worked out. It was fine.
Speaker 4: Did it work out for your Yeah, it's fine. I like, I like to set up for this scene. It was very subtle, not subtle, but I like. I liked him what it's.
Speaker 3: Saying something, but uh, I like to set up and her walking seeing him.
Speaker 4: I liked all of this, how this looking ship, how she was calling him, what oh, how she was calling him like but he couldn't hear over the gun because he's just like, oh shit.
Speaker 3: He tried to run away and she shot it. She had to shoot him. So yeah, I like that.
Speaker 5: Did it work for you? No, I'm glad you asked is this too convenient? This is the only part of the movie that I've never liked. I've always been like, wait, she was just I'm I'm still kind of assuming I missed something, but she's just driving around.
Speaker 3: It was a conversation in the middle of the street when he was telling him he.
Speaker 2: Met that guy right, and that guy told him that he said he was up by the lakes. She called or talked to another one of those things off screen that happened. But she talked to the deputy, and the deputy was like telling her what vicinity they win.
Speaker 5: Okay, I must have missed that part every single time I watched the movie.
Speaker 3: No, they didn't show it. You was just supposed to assume that.
Speaker 2: That's the only reason that they showed their conversation, the conversation in the middle because that conversation in the middle street was completely random. But in that conversation, he named that location that she found the car, and he was like, the dude said he was staying there.
Speaker 5: See, I think the scene was so random. I never paid close attention.
Speaker 3: I got that this time. Okay, I only got because I was watching it this time.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, he's talking about it, And she said she said the same thing to the same lake that he was saying in the middle of the shore.
Speaker 3: Then that was the only part where I was like, Damn, that doesn't make any sense. She's just driving around.
Speaker 5: She just sees the car because she can't be that good, right, she can't be that good a woman to find some shit though, Yeah, oh yeah, but yeah, no, man, this scene, oh my god, I remember the I can vividly remember the first time I saw this. That was not what I was expecting. I was him putting Buddy in the fucking wood chipper.
Speaker 1: Because you just hear the noise.
Speaker 3: I didn't know what the noise was.
Speaker 1: I never heard a wood chipper before.
Speaker 3: I was I don't know what that noise is.
Speaker 5: And then when he goes back there, I was like, what the And then the thing about it is, at first you're like, well, he was trying to hide the body.
Speaker 3: No he wasn't. He wasn't because it's spurting blood everywhere something like this, But that's crazy. He just wanted to do This was just.
Speaker 5: Such a he just wanted to Man, this is such a perfect ending for this movie.
Speaker 1: Girl did too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they killed the wife and I liked that.
Speaker 3: Off screen, they were just like, yeah, we found the wife.
Speaker 2: In the house, three people on the side of the road, the wife man, the guy at the tailor booth. Six people got killed because mister London was dumb ass playing god man.
Speaker 1: This movie is so good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so crazy, And then they were staying on him and lock him up at the end and yeah, we find out that her husband wins the step contest for the three cents.
Speaker 1: Now nobody uses yep, yep.
Speaker 3: What did y'all think about the ending?
Speaker 1: Perfect a random ending to a random a movie full of random events. Yeah, so it fits because that's what the movie was. And I'm wondering if it had something to also do with the money, because she was, like she made a commentary a statement about the money too, and then I mean, her husband really won't worry about shit, because yeah, he won, but she said, I'm so proud of you. Because I guess for her, since she told him, it's not about the money. For her, it's not about the money either. I guess it's not about having a husband. That's about shit too, right, So I guess she was practicing what she preached cook her eggs kid that she almost threw up and blamed it on a morning sitness because you know by that time, you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I canna say you nine, uh ride anything on the ending before we get out of here.
Speaker 3: No, it was, it was. It did feel kind of random.
Speaker 4: I had to run it back to make sure I was this the ending, like you know what I'm saying, Like, like I think I stepped away, and then it was the next thing. It was credits. I was like, oh shit, that was the ending. So yeah, that was fun because he said he won something.
Speaker 3: I don't think I heard that. It was all just kind of like strung together.
Speaker 2: But yeah, throughout the conversations about the move when he was talking to her, he was talking about this little arts and craft of event that he was.
Speaker 3: Entering in and he won. Got it all right?
Speaker 2: That was our review for the classic film, nineteen ninety six is Far Ago.
Speaker 3: We appreciate you guys tapping in. We are out Peace.