Speaker 1: The Frames per Second Podcast Sunday, July twenty seventh, at two pm live on the FPS podcast YouTube channel. The frames per Second Cast will be reviewing the latest entry in the MCU Marvel Studios Fantastic four First Steps. Join us as the crew reviews the film, give their thoughts on the current standing of the MCU and where does this lead the franchise going into Doomsday and Secret Wars. While there, be sure to subscribe to the YouTube channel YouTube dot com Forward Slash FPS podcast for all upcoming lives and video releases. Come join the conversation through comments and super chats, or become a Director's Tierpatreon at patreon dot com, Forward Slash frames per Second and submit your review to be played during the show. We'll look forward to having you there.
Speaker 2: The Frames per Second Podcast.
Speaker 3: Yo, what's good everybody? Welcome to another French for second podcast.
Speaker 2: Review.
Speaker 4: Today we are we decided to review.
Speaker 3: I don't know how this came about, but we were siding to to review Straw. I had been avoiding this movie because I don't really watch Tyler Perry movies, you know whatever, But you know, more pole to that to him. But yeah, man, this before we get into the remain make sure you subscribe to the channel YouTube dot com for Slash FPS podcast or you know, or and hit us up on Patreon, Patreon dot com Ford slash France per second. So yeah, make sure you support us there to keep this podcast going. But yeah, man, we are here today to talk about Straw, which is a psychological crime drama film is how It's title is written, produced and directed by Tyler Perry. It stars to Roger p Henson, Sherry's Shepherd, Tianna Taylor.
Speaker 2: And Sindbad made an appearance.
Speaker 4: Before.
Speaker 3: Before I get into the review, I just want to say, you know, this review will include spoilers, So I don't want you know what I'm saying, Like, you know, I don't want to ruin the movie for anybody.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying. I don't want to ruin this film for you. So yeah, this is gonna Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't want to ruin the film for you. You know what I'm saying. You know it's gonna have spoilers.
Speaker 5: But uh, but yeah, man, did anybody have any desire to see this before we decided?
Speaker 2: Oh you did?
Speaker 5: Can't okay, look look can't look the streets the streets apparently like this, like they love it.
Speaker 2: Rod.
Speaker 6: Now the reason why I wanted to watch it with Rod I don't watch Toller Barry movies. But there was a lot of conversation. I was like, I gotta see what the they talking about?
Speaker 2: The streets. That's the only reason Smike with the streets.
Speaker 7: Man, I'm not with the streets. I didn't realize this was a horror film.
Speaker 2: We want up yet? Nah, it's the horror film.
Speaker 7: Yes, I mean in what way it was horror? This is a complete horror film.
Speaker 8: You mean a horror bull film like this made me re evaluate my stance that we were talking about up here, and I was like, man, they don't make movies like Boys in the Hood and insidey no boy can was like, man, nobody want to see that ship.
Speaker 7: That's what this. Nobody want this trauma dump. But people did respond to it.
Speaker 3: I just did not like it because I think everybody trauma bonding. Oh that's what it is, like, everybody is trauma bonding over this ship.
Speaker 2: Were you trauma bonding?
Speaker 5: I was so angry and it really had me questioning everything because I was just like, yo, it.
Speaker 9: Is Taraji p Hinton actually a good actress.
Speaker 2: Because I've only.
Speaker 5: Watched maybe two Tyler Perry films and I stay away from them because it's.
Speaker 4: Just not my thing.
Speaker 9: But this was one of the worst things I have ever seen.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, it was one of the worst movies I've ever seen in my life.
Speaker 2: So you're gonna make that. I thought.
Speaker 4: I thought I was gonna be hyperbolic with this.
Speaker 2: I don't want to. God damn.
Speaker 5: This is one of them things where, you know, because people keep misunderstanding my statements for whatever reason, read it. But when I say that black people should have the room to make shitty ass films, this is what comes to mind. I am glad this kind of bullshit exists, or just not for me.
Speaker 3: Before I get your take, kid, so what were you saying about Saraji? About the actor, her being a good actor and that.
Speaker 5: I just couldn't tell. When I was watching this, I was like, is this good acting? But I but at the end of the day, I do believe that she some dufus that lived in the hood that ain't got.
Speaker 2: No fucking common sense.
Speaker 5: I do believe her, So I guess that means she was doing a good job. But I think she was given some of the worst material I've ever seen.
Speaker 4: And that's what I was gonna say.
Speaker 5: I think she deserves an award for how serious she took this role.
Speaker 2: Like, she took this role.
Speaker 5: Can can she killed it? She killed it, She killed it, she took it serious.
Speaker 2: Yeah, say that ship without laughing? Rong yo? What she think? It was so over the top.
Speaker 5: It was so over the top, like she looks she was going for an award on this movie. What award to award? Award that Steve Harby had a hoodie awards. That's what this is.
Speaker 3: That was one of my takes, Like one of my tastes is like this was like like a like a too B movie with a.
Speaker 5: Budget like that. That's what this was like. It is like that, That's what it felt like.
Speaker 3: But Ken, before we go into any more, man, how how did you were you at the streets?
Speaker 2: Man? Man?
Speaker 6: So I actually press play a couple of weeks ago when it was really buzzing, and UH was gonna watch it, but she was like she heard mixed things about it, but of course black people were liking it. But then she said something about the ending and it was rough to watch and stuff like that. So I was like, all right, I don't really want to watch I guess trauma bonding. I was like, all right, I'm good on that then if that's what we're doing, because I know how Tyler gets down. I was like, I don't want to watch that ship. And I should have stuck my guys, because the whole time I was watching, I was like, what the fuck is Tyler Perry doing? What I swear? I yelled at for about twenty thirty minutes. I talked during the whole movie to this whole like that's loud ride through that I.
Speaker 2: Was just talking.
Speaker 6: I was too pissed me off. When it was over, I was like, get this ship the fuck off. My fucking It's like he's playing in our face. It's like it's just like, oh, oh, y'all think that's what I mean. I'm gonna show you that this is what I okay. So he was trolling. This was definitely a troll.
Speaker 7: Man serious, he look at black people like this.
Speaker 5: For I've always thought that about that, just from the few movies I've seen of him. I've always thought that he has a weird issue with black people, since it like it's pro black, like all that mister Brown's or meet the Browns. I don't understand why that's appealing to black people. That's it's jigaboo ship like.
Speaker 4: But that's a point.
Speaker 2: This is also me who overthink I'm too serious. You and I I think I've so far. I had that stance for years.
Speaker 4: This movies was disrespectful. Like you said, I thought it was very disrespectful.
Speaker 9: You can't do my boy, fucking Colonel brou you can't him this.
Speaker 7: My god, Brad Taylor, man will get the best actor in this whole You can't do, man, Colonel Brad Taylor like this right, I thought.
Speaker 2: Dream why you doing this?
Speaker 5: Bron's the colonel. Man, Come on, let's get into it. We gonna get there. Were gonna get there. We're gonna get that rather quickly, by the way. So yeah, man, we start We start off this movie. Man, it it a ran down apartment. I don't know why music was playing at these.
Speaker 4: Hours of the.
Speaker 5: Night going into the morning. That was very confusing. But we started.
Speaker 3: We started off with with Taraji and her daughter, well her name is Janaya in this movie, and the daughter name is Aria. We start with them in this household and it looks, you know, like they're you know, basically.
Speaker 2: You poor, basically.
Speaker 4: And uh, she'said having an issue.
Speaker 3: The daughter has issues, so she has to bathe the So she's frustrated by that just to just a mother, just a mother that is going through it. How did y'all feel about the opening and how they set up and set up the movie?
Speaker 2: Anybody can go just off? Well, I think my frustration just grew as she went through more and more.
Speaker 6: Hell, you know, because you know sad initially, you know, walking out with the daughter having to deal with the health issues and not having the money. Really thinking about how systemically and just realistically that is for people, I was like, man, this is sad. I was like, man, yeah, I don't know if I want to watch this because, like my wife was right like, it's gonna be difficult to kind of watch this because I know that people really deal with this. And then, you know, when I was like man, but then I was also like, man, what in the fucking John Q hell is this? You know, like she's just gonna have a break because her daughter needs like medicine and stuff like that. So I'm trying to kind of guess where they're gonna go with it, because you know, we've kind of seen this happen before, so I thought that that's where we were going to go with it, and we kind of didn't. But yeah, it was just very sad in the beginning.
Speaker 4: Anybody else cared a charming on this part? I had something. So I just thought that it was giving John qban and I'm okay, what to try to do it?
Speaker 2: The boy was that wrong man?
Speaker 4: So yeah, immediately after this, she leaves.
Speaker 5: Out parents, you know, with with her daughter or whatnot, and.
Speaker 2: She sees why did he put in this movie? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think ye was so, so what's the deal with Simba right now?
Speaker 2: He had a stroke?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know he had a stroke, but like, I don't know, like it just seemed like.
Speaker 2: I'm with you.
Speaker 7: It was like it was I think he just tried to get him some money though that was probably good money, just sick, just to help him out with his bills and stuff like interesting.
Speaker 5: I think it was. It was also to be like, yo, Simbad is still here. You know what I'm saying. When was the last time we saw Simbat in the movie, even prior to the stroke. So I think that was just Tyler Perry's way of honoring him and being like se disrespect for the Yeah as like a basically like a mom.
Speaker 2: What else he gonna be? It was good to see him for me. It was good to see him for you too. I haven't seen I didn't. I didn't like seeing him like that. I don't want I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't want this to be my rememberance of Sinbad and a fucking like this.
Speaker 5: That's the part that I'm saying, nobody else is gonna hire him because he can't give him the money.
Speaker 4: You're taller, period, Just give him the money.
Speaker 7: Why are you gonna, like still want to be recognized for his work on?
Speaker 2: I don't won't know him.
Speaker 3: I personally didn't like him. That's cool that y'all thought it was cool. But we also are introduced to the landlord and she's like pissed and threats to a victim unless she pays her uh the rent.
Speaker 4: How did y'all feel about about the.
Speaker 5: Landlord and the loud neighbors and all that type of stuff. This whole ship was stupid, fuck man, it was just it was too over the top.
Speaker 9: But again, I don't I don't know anything about Tyler Perry.
Speaker 5: Whenever I watch his films, it just feels like this is a white person writing a racist movie because I just don't understand, like they can pay they can listen to their music on that because they pay their rent. Right, Really, dude, Oh you can give him thirty eight cent.
Speaker 2: But you can't pay your rent.
Speaker 5: Really, why why are we doing this to ourselves? It just feels weird to constantly have theseum negative, traumatic black stereotypes perpetuated by one of the most famous black filmmakers in the world. I don't understand it, but clearly I'm on an island with this.
Speaker 2: Why me with the rest of the culture.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, because I think they can relate to it to a certain degree, like like about landlords is being over the top, and yeah, it's just it's a certain subset of people that can relate to it. But to me, like it's just like I'm just like a far removed from it and I just don't can.
Speaker 2: Act with it.
Speaker 5: And it's like, although I can know that there is that is a that is a lifestyle for somebody for real, for real, it's just.
Speaker 4: Like why do you always got to put that ship in our faces?
Speaker 5: Like I don't know, like all the time, like like it just it just uh, it just bothers.
Speaker 2: Me that how did y'all feel about it?
Speaker 7: Tame same way, But like, I have a hard time believing that people like this, Like even this early on, I was like, oh man, I see what we're going with this, and not even expecting it to get worse and worse and worse throughout the whole movie. But I just had a hard time in the beginning to being like people like were actually into this.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So it was just like a stream to all the levels.
Speaker 3: I mean, like just she hops into like a busted ass vehicle and it's just so typical, like busted ass vehicle pulls up to the school to drop her daughter off, and then she head to the grocery store. And why is it chaos like this in a fucking grocery store?
Speaker 4: It's always know it's not I promise you, Tyler Perry.
Speaker 2: What it may be like that at st No, it.
Speaker 4: Ain't even so close enough to the to be like that, Like they don't even be in you ever witnessed the store like this?
Speaker 2: No, but.
Speaker 6: Question I was like, why is it so loud and chaotic? And I was like eight o'clock in the morning, she must be late, and there's only one cash here, and they got behind and they got mad.
Speaker 5: And it's eight o'clock maybe nine o'clock in the morning. People, Why the fuck is that many people in this?
Speaker 2: Why are they yelling? Like that was my thing.
Speaker 5: It was just like y'all are yelling and just waving your hands like this. This felt like a cartoon, Like you know when you watch cartoons and they want to depict the people doing this. It's like Tyler Perry, You've made a lot of movies, why are you doing this?
Speaker 7: And that goes to your point of what you said of how Tyler Perrice used black people, And that's what I had a problem with the most, like black people for the majority, like yeah, it's I get you, that's been the case through our history, but I don't think nowadays like you can present it in the same way and it be like, Okay, yeah, he's being pretty accurate.
Speaker 6: Like Broe was on point. She was like she just taking her time.
Speaker 3: But it was the timing of it. It was just like that that is a true thing that you see what people think you say, you don't say it out loud, you saying it in your head, Like damn, got all these registers over.
Speaker 9: You're just walking off? Why are you fucking with hangars?
Speaker 5: The long last line, So that is there is like some bit of realism literally there.
Speaker 3: I mean, I mean, but it's just like it's more so for me, it's just like why, like why do you gotta show this ship like this? So then and then it gets extra because like then you have one of the fucking stoygoers like throw like a bottle at her.
Speaker 5: Yo, like come on, bro, like come on, like, what.
Speaker 6: What are you doing Tyler Pair? That I feel like that's what I kept saying the whole movie. What the are you doing, Tyler Pair? Why are you doing this? To Taraji?
Speaker 2: Even when the.
Speaker 6: Movie started, I was like, Okay, let me see, let me see how Tyler Perry gonna misstreet black woman in this movie, you know, And and just even starting out with that mindset and just seeing it escalate because of course, of.
Speaker 5: Course you know Wick, and of course they try to buy some ship with Wick that they're not supposed to buy, and of course the black man gets angry.
Speaker 9: It's like, dude, what are you doing?
Speaker 2: Why do we need this?
Speaker 7: I feel like Tahari's character, excuse me, her character was way too docile and like like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that way, we see why at the end she had been beat up a lot, you know. So at this point I could see her just.
Speaker 6: Like kind of bowing down to all the pressures and demands of trying to make sure her daughter said.
Speaker 2: I thought she was touched.
Speaker 4: She was a little closer.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't. I'm not jokes. It was a little sloan. I wasn't making a joke, y'all. I swear to I was.
Speaker 7: I thought you he didn't come out to the bank scene though, it didn't come out to the bank.
Speaker 5: No, I thought that when she was talking to the Brad Taylor, I was like, Oh, she's she's blessed your heart.
Speaker 4: Oh she's radio crazy.
Speaker 2: Radio you just brought on Colonel Taylor.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: So yeah, he stupid kids, I know because I saw it.
Speaker 9: Oh my god, it was just acting like that.
Speaker 5: That's why I asked, is she actually a good actor for what she's supposed to be?
Speaker 3: That was the radio Oh man, y'all stupid anyway, man, So were talking about the colonel he came up.
Speaker 2: Man, he was just just an extra for man. He was just like so fucking mean, man, clean that ship up.
Speaker 5: He made the mess, like he told her to clean the sit up, like she made the mess. I was like, what is colonel was not having it? Tyler Perry always got to have an angry ass black man, dark as black man in his movie being mean to a woman.
Speaker 3: That's why I said, I felt like he was playing in our face. He went after all the tropes that he's ever heard about his man and yeah, I'm gonna put a black man in here talking ship to another black woman. And that's what the he did.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: Like, so how do y'all feel about the colonel just going off of her just for no.
Speaker 5: Just having no sympathy, like you asked lady, God, damn it like you like you.
Speaker 2: Come to work late job job. He was going off, what.
Speaker 10: Are you what you're doing on the phone, Like, oh my god.
Speaker 2: This ship was stupid. Oh God, I hated it, bro.
Speaker 6: Like it was just it was it was a lot because I was I was feeling bad for Shi Bro, like yo, like, dude, like do you not know her situation?
Speaker 2: Or do she just does she just work there? He don't give a fun.
Speaker 6: And and I was hoping that it wasn't that, but you know, I'm like, but I there's not a lot that he's giving using like either he knows and don't give a fuck, or she's keeping that information.
Speaker 2: Private and he this is just how he is.
Speaker 6: But he didn't give a fuck about her at all, even when she asked for a check man.
Speaker 5: The most confusing part about this, this this part specific, was the girl that was at the store with her.
Speaker 2: That's supposed to have.
Speaker 5: A friend, right, Why did she not know that the kid was dead? Everybody else knows, so Sindbad new the the landlord apparently knew, which is revealed later.
Speaker 2: Why did her friend not.
Speaker 9: Know the kid died? I was more so saying principal new.
Speaker 5: I thought you was gonna go with like how to friend get to the back and Ben had this intimate conversation.
Speaker 2: With her when we got all these people in the front.
Speaker 5: Oh, she's not a registered person, she's a stocker. While she's a stocker should yeah? Yeah, what the fuck going on?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Because you quietly, calmly and slowly having a conversation back there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but she tries to give her money and then she refuses money or whatever.
Speaker 2: That's why I thought she was touched. Yeah, yeah, yeah, you needed that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I want her check was five hundred dollars. She was going to go pay rent with it.
Speaker 4: I thought, she yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: She just got to pay rent, saying that she needed the money, and I was just saying, how was she even gonna pay rent?
Speaker 2: But that's what made Yeah.
Speaker 5: She had to pay rent. It was cheap than oh, probably the projects. Yeah, it's probably rent controlled all that, especially depending on what the time period was to I don't know what time period is.
Speaker 4: That's crazy. We can't even tell what.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but anyway, man, she gets a call from the school or whatever, and then in the midst of all of this chaosit or whatever, she said she has to leave. And that's when the whole minute shit came up, like, well, you got thirty minutes to go handle your business or whatever. So she goes to the school, and the school basically the child protective services are trying to take like this even like fifteen minutes in and all of this shit is happening, I'm like, what the fuck?
Speaker 7: Like he was trying to see how much he can add into it. I was negative and disgusting.
Speaker 5: Can I make this? It was impressive how much he added? Well, Like, how the fuck is he add all of this ship. I was yelling at the TV and whatnot.
Speaker 3: But yeah, that's when he threatened the fright like she gets that, she rush, Oh yeah, she rushes to the bank to withdraw lunch money for already then that that was the lady, and that's what that's what it was.
Speaker 2: So she went to the bank. We said that, and then.
Speaker 5: Chod protected certain then he who questions her ability to care for the child, and then that whole thing was so dramatic taking her away. I'm like, Yo, what else is gonna fucking happened to her?
Speaker 6: I felt so bad for her, Bro por Janni, I'm like, he's putting this woman through hell for no damn reason.
Speaker 2: I was like, why are you doing this? Tyler?
Speaker 5: She woke up with her hair looking like that kid. She deserved to get her kid.
Speaker 2: Too, Mike.
Speaker 6: But it's just like, I don't know, man, It's just like, Bro, like, you're taking this kid and you think you could do better than the mom that has a kid, And maybe in some situations that you fucking can. But you know, I'm thinking at this time that the school should be fucking aware of what the fuck is going on with this kid.
Speaker 5: She said, the kids stunk and had bruises. That's pretty valid to be like, all right, I'm taking your kid. Your kids stinks and she got bruises all over.
Speaker 3: But then she was talking about the bath stuff that she was trying to explain like look, you know, like this is the reason why, Like she had.
Speaker 4: The excuses she had, but she had the reasons. Possibly if I.
Speaker 3: Know, like you know, like you're poor, like you're trying to you know me, you know, like like hot wood is not on like it's it's it's different that you gotta consider, right.
Speaker 6: And but and the outside force to like the CPS will be like, well, you can't take care of this child, so why do you have a child. And then there's also the medicinal part of it. It's like yo, like but the medicines and stuff like that, not that they can't learn the medicine and stuff like that. I don't know it just that should be bothering me, bro, you don't fucking know, how do you who gives you the fucking authority to come do this?
Speaker 2: Unless I'm being I know.
Speaker 6: The bruises like superly abusive or something abusive to this dree and to them, they probably looked that way. But all that's besides the point. I'm like, fucking why are you doing this?
Speaker 2: Tyler? Right right? But Mike, he's sick.
Speaker 3: Just when you think, what else can this motherfucker do to this lady, she drives back to work in the rain.
Speaker 7: Now it's raining, porn.
Speaker 3: Ring, She's looking frantic, and she actually accidentally cuts off a police officer, who then retaliates by throwing.
Speaker 5: A drink at her and just being like forcing her off the road. This motherfucker. Oh, you picked the wrong motherfucker. Yo, you know how.
Speaker 2: You feel about to see. As much as I hate.
Speaker 5: Cops, I'm pro cop right now, this is fucked up that y'all making cops look like they really out here.
Speaker 2: Doing pitt maneuver.
Speaker 5: Oh women, that just cut them over from traffic, And this ever happened in all of history.
Speaker 4: I'm sure he has.
Speaker 5: But come on, man, the way he was like, oh, I'm gonna get you now, and then you hit her, and then the other cop comes over.
Speaker 2: It's like, I gotta give you a ticket. Now you gonna die.
Speaker 9: I'm okay, I'm gonna find a legal way your house.
Speaker 2: Like, is she in the car seizure? Is ship? I was like, man, get this ship the funk out of here. Man, you can't take my car. I need my my thumb. We have to give you a ticket. Ain't paying no ticket? Miss now. Man, it's inspired, but you know it's just like this one.
Speaker 7: I was like, y'all talking to the screen and I said verbata like Tyler Perryce fucked up, yes, fucked up, like your head like to write this, produce this right?
Speaker 4: This is wrong with you, bro?
Speaker 2: But can it gets even worse?
Speaker 4: They impound the car, of course, yeah, they impound the car.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 4: Like it's like thing after thing, like what the hell?
Speaker 2: Like he really packed this thing? Again?
Speaker 5: Ken, We're not even twenty minutes into this film. I had to hit the thing to see how far. I was like, Bro, what how did you this possible?
Speaker 2: Like? How didn't get better? Bro? Like this this even been thirty minutes, it actually gets worse. That's what made it it does? It does work?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was the impressive part that it got work?
Speaker 2: Right? What I got my popcorn?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: What up you talking about? Man?
Speaker 7: His back to the job, Colonel, He's like he's done with this ship?
Speaker 2: Fun, you got what what you're doing? I told you thirty minutes it's been two hours. Ain't gonna lie, Rod. I felt him on that ship two hours, Like, what the fun.
Speaker 5: You lunch ain't even two hours and you still come back with your haird fucked up.
Speaker 2: He said, you're walking stripping and.
Speaker 10: Ship me out. Look a you're coming in here late and you're dripping on my floor. Well, maya check bitch right the way he said it, He was like that, and you're gonna get to Yo. Was like, God, you're gonna mellow.
Speaker 2: Change, she said. She said, it's right there, it's right there. Walk over there a minute. What's he gonna do that? What I'm thinking?
Speaker 5: This old that just me just mean for no.
Speaker 6: Reason, walk in and try to work like.
Speaker 2: She didn't think he would fire. She got right on the register. He said, no you can't.
Speaker 9: He said, come in the back.
Speaker 2: Look at your I'm surprised Tyler didn't make this guy old creepy got we were going. I thought that was nick. I give him credit for showing the restraint.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I definitely thought he was check with a soda. But but yeah, I didn't think about that.
Speaker 2: But that would have fit right.
Speaker 4: So he fires her.
Speaker 2: It ain't over, y'all?
Speaker 7: What is it ain't fucking over, and I cannot believe it's not over. She gets back to her complex and all her ship is on the curved spike.
Speaker 2: Bro, at this point, where where you at with this spike?
Speaker 7: I'm still wondering, like you, like, how much more can you add on to this? And then she was like, I'm throwing everything away that you can't put in your bag. Like, Bro, she ain't got no furniture now, no nothing know where to put her ship at. She just throwing little stuff in her plastic back back and she.
Speaker 6: Looks up, No, are you.
Speaker 2: Perros? And I thought he was bodying it with is he serious? I really think that this is a dope shot. I'm kind of with spike.
Speaker 9: I was wondering if he's just trolling with this it.
Speaker 2: Bro, it's it felt like you're the same man. It felt like.
Speaker 3: Okay, So she so we get the aerial shot, the dramatic shot from Taraji. That's why I say, man, she deserves the world for taking the ship.
Speaker 2: This fucking serious Like that was a real belching scream.
Speaker 8: Shaw.
Speaker 4: I was just like, oh my god, why would.
Speaker 2: You do this? Oh my god? She said, you said you be here past ten bitch.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the fucking landlord was just so extra.
Speaker 3: Jesus, it's not over, kids, And like the fact that I'm saying that it's not over, this is still going.
Speaker 4: She gets back to the store to confront colonel.
Speaker 2: And while they.
Speaker 5: Robbers come Robberts come in. How like, who is writing?
Speaker 3: I thought this was like the writing room that but no, Tyler Perry wrote this ship.
Speaker 2: Bro Robbers come in.
Speaker 4: They're asking for black and miles.
Speaker 5: And got black mouths in the back.
Speaker 3: Man, this ship spouts out of control. Fucking robbers come in. They are they started like fucking She gets the gun somehow fucking shoots them.
Speaker 5: Shoot, She shot the She shot she shot him too. Yes, all of this strip transpired.
Speaker 2: Man, where are y'all at with it? Right now? With all this? What's going on? Miss Janiah?
Speaker 5: They know you, they know yeah, yeah, oh yeah, y's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah you going to right? Are you serious? I'm calling him right now? The bist name Jennia. The Roberts knew him not he said it all.
Speaker 9: My name tag, which is.
Speaker 2: Known that Like, his reaction didn't make any fucking sense. It didn't make anything.
Speaker 6: You can see him look at the fucking name tag. And read the name, like why are you doing this?
Speaker 4: That's when it registered for me.
Speaker 2: He deserved to get shot.
Speaker 7: That's when the mike wanment hit me like, oh she is slow, some guy like wroong, she gotta be like that was what they had to be righting.
Speaker 5: How she over It was two of them, right, because he shot because she shot him.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I don't even know how the fuck is dumb as she or how she even aimed.
Speaker 2: She didn't. Oh my god, I was. But it was at this point I was like, well ship, yeah, how they're gonna do this? Yeah, I'm like, what the She's clearly murdered right now. Yeah, I'm like, what the fuck are you doing? The word? What the fuck? You just killed her boss? You got one with self defense, the other one you got no excuse. Yeah, right, So she just grabbed the checking left. She just wanted her check. She didn't want the money.
Speaker 5: And really interesting after this, you thought it was I thought she was gonna go on a murdering spree. I thought the rest of this movement from place to place killed the fucking landlord, killed the principal. And I was like, Okay, maybe I like this, but no, that's what you thought.
Speaker 2: We just had what you thought about that the redemption to you thought, this.
Speaker 9: Is the whole of the director. I thought he handed it off.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah right, I thought everybody up.
Speaker 2: This ain't that. I learned quickly. She just wanted she did, and she wanted to go to the That's all she did. Like she seriously walking.
Speaker 4: In there with a bloody chat. Yeah, she walked in there with a bloody check. Oh you must have kids.
Speaker 2: I just want to cash what this is blood? This is bloo.
Speaker 5: Like, no, damn jelly, you talking about where's your What did her license?
Speaker 2: I don't know she had stolen. I don't know.
Speaker 4: God she had at the cop car.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I think the cops may have taken it. But they don't do that though.
Speaker 4: I don't know, only if they suspend it. If they suspended, they'll keep it.
Speaker 5: But like this should made no sense. I was like, what, I don't know how your license somebody stole from I.
Speaker 2: Think it was suspended. Her license was, yeah, I think it was inspired feeling. Never mind, I don't know.
Speaker 4: They'll take both of their right.
Speaker 2: It don't matter. It's like, all right, whatever dog.
Speaker 3: So she gets to the bank and the tailor refuses to cast a check without proper identification.
Speaker 2: Like you know me? What the fuck she know me?
Speaker 3: And then and like this she pulls out the gun. I don't I don't know why she pulled out the gun because she wanted her check.
Speaker 4: She didn't pull it out.
Speaker 2: It was just interesting.
Speaker 4: So this is why you say she's slow.
Speaker 9: Yeah, because she was pointing with the gun. Now, I just want my money.
Speaker 5: I just want my phone, hundred and fifty one two things.
Speaker 2: But the gun had to have been on the purse. It was it. I thought, was there's no way she was.
Speaker 4: I thought she she was moving stuff around and grabbed the gun.
Speaker 2: Oh, I can't just decide to just count and expect no one to react. She's clearly off man.
Speaker 5: And because they're still are sitting there in the line with checks, who's gonna be in the line with checks in their hands, still trying to handle transactions when it when it looks like there's a somebody that.
Speaker 9: Is doe tomorrow. That ship was funny as fun to me.
Speaker 7: That that tall black dude in the back, and he was like what.
Speaker 5: Black people, black people, black people just dumb. They don't they don't dunk for covering, they don't run out, got no survival.
Speaker 2: Everybody can need this money. They ain't going on money. I ain't leaving.
Speaker 5: That is ridiculous, That is crazy. Ain't nobody seen set it off?
Speaker 2: No? You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So so so in the midst of this, the bank manager silence the well she silence.
Speaker 5: The alarm TESTA did right? Which one a tailor? That was a tailor? Yeah? Yeah, what's her name?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: It was over this ship, are right? I'm with her though, and then she.
Speaker 3: Also tries to come over and calm her down at the same time. It was the most confusing writing. It's like you're calling the police on her, but you're also trying to I guess you're trying to so yeah, yeah, I'm sorry saying it out loud. I guess you're trying to diffuse the situation knowing that the police are on the way.
Speaker 4: So police are on their way to the fucking bank.
Speaker 3: Meanwhile, grand grand interests of Tianna Taylor and wigs.
Speaker 4: The best part of the.
Speaker 5: Movid I didn't call on me yet.
Speaker 3: This is why I felt like he was playing in our face, because it's it's a it's a known fact that he has terrible wigs in his movies.
Speaker 2: Why is that a thing to be proud of? I think it's lame.
Speaker 4: I think it's a lack of budget. I don't even think I don't think he has.
Speaker 5: He just don't dedicate He don't dedicate it to the proper I think he's playing. I think he's playing it to the Trump at this point, because he's known for these fucking terrible ass whigs.
Speaker 2: He's like, why did you do Tiana Taylor like this? I was more so stuck on why do you have her looking like this?
Speaker 5: Even outside the wig? She looks like a model on Like what's the U show? Where everybody has the super caked on makeup?
Speaker 2: I can't something something.
Speaker 5: Like every every clip I've seen from that show, I'm sure they're fabulous and all that, but everybody looks like they have the craziest caked on makeup.
Speaker 2: What pig you know looks like this? Like that is I didn't know what it was.
Speaker 5: About an hour later I thought that was I don't know who the fuck that was, but I was like, this is this is insanity? Why do you have her dressed like this and dalled up like this? But she just left the runway was like, oh, ship, I'm sorry, Paul I got a bounce because there's a robbery happening.
Speaker 2: This is it just was not.
Speaker 3: Neither one of them was was like like.
Speaker 4: Believable as detectives.
Speaker 2: No, like what on detective was he was?
Speaker 5: He he just didn't give her any type of grades. No, no, she did it.
Speaker 3: But but so so they both was just on two.
Speaker 2: Okay, why are you feeling because he just saw the video. We all saw like this, did just shoot somebody?
Speaker 6: You know, there's no denying that she shot somebody, like straight up in gold Blood.
Speaker 2: So she is a murderer, right, But she didn't.
Speaker 7: She didn't, but they were being robbed though it was they were clearly being robbed. But after that she shot him shoot the boss, and the boss was on the phone.
Speaker 2: They heard the call. That was the issue.
Speaker 6: That was That was the issue I had with the movie, like, well, she clearly kills somebody, so I don't know what.
Speaker 2: Well, right, she don't make any he's going to jail recalled. Yeah.
Speaker 6: So and my whole thing with with just how it even started was like Tessa knew her. So my thing is that maybe I'm just adding too much to it. But I don't like Tessa, you know her, she don't have a license. I know it's policy.
Speaker 2: Just go ask the fucking manager who also fucking knows her. We didn't even have to get this fucking fall.
Speaker 5: Nope, she didn't even need the gun. Y'all could have just gave her a little four hundred dollars. Yeah, you see, she needs to look at her, look at her. And I'm sure she stinks too, you know, she needs.
Speaker 9: She got a little washing it with the rain though, probably wash yeah, but when that rain dry, you know.
Speaker 3: But anyway, so while they they in there investigating the scene, they get a call from across the street there's a robbery happening. So so, like I said, they both like both detectives on two opposite is uh Sianna's Taylor's character thinks that, you know, it's justified, and the other guy doesn't think that it's justified. So when she she talks to uh Taragi's character on the phone and she builds a bomb with a by not like she becomes like a negotiator. How did y'all feel about this whole whole interaction When she talks to Tianna and like, Yo, what's going on?
Speaker 4: Can we just calm down?
Speaker 3: Come out? How y'all feeling right now? Because this is at this point, this is the movie. It's it's them and her inside this fucking bank.
Speaker 6: There's no resolution resolution to this movie that's gonna make sense to me. At this point, I'm like, what the fuck are we doing? What the fuck are you doing, Tyler Perry. She kills some fucking body. Now she's robbing a bank with the fucking bomb in her in her in her backpack, and why the fuck, Like, there's nothing Tianna Taylor can say to get her out of this ship alive or to get her out without going to jail. I saw so I didn't. I was like, where the fuck are we going with this movie? Why the fuck are we even doing this? This ship makes absolutely no sense, And why the fuck is this white guy just lingered around talking about she doing a good job and she just happens to have military negotiations military It's just like all this stuff like now she's doing a good job, It's like, why the fuck do you even hear that that's negotiating?
Speaker 7: Same thing, Yeah, yeah, you w a kid, go ahead, the same thing like at this point, you've murdered somebody and you robbed the bank, like there is no resolution.
Speaker 4: It's going to make sense in my brain for this to be okay.
Speaker 2: I mean it's a rat like you're done, take your ass outside right right.
Speaker 3: As we later found out, Oh my god, any thoughts on this part might No, that's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: What about like back back.
Speaker 3: Back inside the bank we have She's now being recorded by one of the tailors, the tailors, and this is when she garners, like just like the the because it's going live. Now you got everybody, got people at school looking on their phones, you got.
Speaker 5: People in the workplaces gathered around their own fod.
Speaker 2: I hated this so much.
Speaker 9: It was giving me a headache because the.
Speaker 5: Sense you were being robbed, and once again you're just making it seem like black people are so unbelievably stupid. Now, sure, when there's like mass shootings and stuff, we see videos because there's some fucking jerk off that's like, let me film this.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 5: But in this scene, it made zero sense. You are being watched, she's right there, and you ow.
Speaker 2: This hold on me, get a good angle on cool.
Speaker 5: It would have made so much more sense if you made uh Janaiya do this. If it was a situation where she was like she saw the news and they're painting her as a murderer.
Speaker 2: She's like, no, but I'm not. I'm not a no.
Speaker 4: We how do we change their lives?
Speaker 2: Somebody go on Facebook live?
Speaker 9: Because what that's something a touched woman would say.
Speaker 2: Put me on.
Speaker 5: Facebook live and let me explain myself. This is not what a sane person who is.
Speaker 2: Afraid of dying is gonna do. So I hated this, yes.
Speaker 9: And it was up.
Speaker 2: I want to say.
Speaker 9: They say later on that they were in that bank for twelve hours?
Speaker 2: Were whose phone? What kind of phone is this?
Speaker 10: Get met Let me find out what kind of.
Speaker 5: iPhone is that lasts for twelve fucking hours on live and doesn't die? What Tyler Perry? I feel like, not only do you think, I think you must think all black people are stupid? Then, because even your executing him, He's like, I'm making money off you dumb monkeys, But how do you think we're so stupid? We're gonna watch this and at no point think why the.
Speaker 2: Fuck is not dying and why are you live?
Speaker 6: When throughout this movie you're yeah, you just said it like you're scared and you want to live stream it, Like what the fuck are we doing? And and my thing with with with Janiah at this point, like there was so much that could have just been solved just by talking because and nobody's just asking questions like the right the bank manager?
Speaker 2: She said, I'm not She said, I don't want all this money.
Speaker 6: I just want my min Why are you giving me all this I don't want to just give me my I just want.
Speaker 2: My five hundred and forty dollars. That's all I want to do. That's all I want. That's all she said. I want to cash my check.
Speaker 6: Nobody's hearing her say I just want to cash my check.
Speaker 2: It was so any sense, don't ask me why I know this.
Speaker 5: I got bored years ago and I was like really interested in like true crime stuff.
Speaker 2: And there's like a.
Speaker 5: Video where they talk about what they tell bank tellers when they're robbed. They tell you to give them exactly what they ask for because you don't want to fluster them or make them mad. So if they come in there with a gun and they say give me two dollars, give them two dollars.
Speaker 9: What you don't do is go to.
Speaker 5: The back, open the fucking safe and just start giving them that what the fuck.
Speaker 2: Is she wanted that listening? She fucking said that.
Speaker 5: That was one of the most frustrating things, Like, no one's fucking listening, no one, And I'm like, why is this?
Speaker 6: And she said it multiple times, she said it over and over again. I'm not robbing the bank. All I wanted to do is catch my check And what is the mask? Why are you doing this? You don't have to do this, like bro and that that and that was like such a frustrating point for me because I'm like, because she's saying it, people are hearing it, but they still think they're being robbed even though she's saying, I'm not robbing the bank.
Speaker 2: Why y'all the ground, why everybody yelling? Woman? Just oh my god.
Speaker 5: So also, what's happening right now is revealed that she doesn't want to come out of the bank because she saw the white guy that ran her off the right cop that ran her off the world earlier. So now this is her reason and for not wanting to come out of because he's going to kill me.
Speaker 4: He's gonna kill me. Cal that's him.
Speaker 2: It's like, how you feeling about her not wanting to come out to bank for this reason? Bro?
Speaker 7: I was wondering how they was gonna tie white Dude back into this because I knew he that with that on first scene that he busted on the screen, Like yeah, I knew that he would be back eventually, So it made sense they tried to tie it in right here. But I don't see why. It's simple, hey man, you gotta go. Couldn't suffice?
Speaker 2: Well? Yeah? And why did.
Speaker 5: Find out who he was? How did it take them so long to find out who the fuck this cop? And they was trying to act, trying to act like it was such a big revelation to like three people.
Speaker 2: Out here, bro.
Speaker 5: One white dude, Like all she says, get rid of this cop, get rid of me, get rid of this cop, Like that's really.
Speaker 2: All they had to do.
Speaker 6: Kids, And I'm frustrated because I'm like, nobody's asking who.
Speaker 2: Why don't they tell him like it's a it's a.
Speaker 6: The guy the detective, like a minute for like, and find out who this cop is, Like he's out there, he's gonna kill me. And she's never saying who, which I guess she didn't know his name. Fine, but can somebody out there, Tianna the chief, just bring up all the fucking cops.
Speaker 2: And just just take a picture of him and ask who has had her interaction with this woman? Why are you trying to do it in secrecy? We don't know who the fuck you're fucking talking about.
Speaker 9: This really needs to be an investigation. It really needs to be a fucking investment.
Speaker 5: The white guy with tattoo, the white guy with the tattoos, the white dude.
Speaker 2: God damn.
Speaker 6: But but it's but but I was wondering, like, okay, because at this point, now, like y like now it's kind of established that, oh shit, maybe.
Speaker 2: She wasn't really trying to rob the bank, all right, So she were really just getting the check? Okay? God, because she was even telling Toana that you were like, hey, I wasn't really trying. I just wanted to get my chat, That's all I'm trying to do. All right, Bet, let's come outside and we can handle this and you know we'll be fine.
Speaker 6: Nah, he I him out there. I ain't going out there. So now, like you said, Spike, it made sense for keeper in the fuck. This was the reason to keep her in there to prolonges because it wasn't a really need.
Speaker 2: For there wasn't.
Speaker 5: But then the thing that was aggravating me too is they thought she had a bomb. My thing was, why would they not think that you have a bomb? What the fuck even is that thing?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 2: It looks like a fucking bomb? Like a kid put it together? Some sit was a science experiment.
Speaker 9: No, your kid is a fucking terrorist. Your kid was gonna blow up the school. Janiah, That is not a fucking science experiment.
Speaker 2: Your kid's crazy.
Speaker 6: Oh and Sherry Shepherd every she would like, oh my god, you really need to be careful with oh my god.
Speaker 5: What That was so annoying because they never say why do you have a bomb, because then you'd be like, this is not a bomb.
Speaker 9: If my kid, my kids signs a plojet, why is it like a bomb?
Speaker 2: Then? Dude? Yeah that's what again?
Speaker 6: Talking like everybody seeing this fucking bomb thing and nobody saying why do you gotta like you're just saying, Mike is like, why do you got a bomb?
Speaker 2: Was like, you don't have to do this, that's you don't have to do this. Why wouldn't you like do what turn the off why are you crazy? Oh so by this time, man, it's a rally of people out there. One to point out the two old couple.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, right, anybody this point, she's just letting people out freely.
Speaker 4: So why why do y'all think that this is an actual hostage situation?
Speaker 2: It made no sense. Yeah, and then.
Speaker 4: The old lady too, So we're talking about the old man and the old lady was funny. Lady, that was sad.
Speaker 2: You're just a terrible person or what you're not. You're not a nice person person at all.
Speaker 7: But that's what was being a bitch or test or whatever, like y'all just sitting in the here. Bullsh it, Man, let's me out of here. It's crazy. Ain't shooting nobody. Man, let me out of it, you know.
Speaker 4: If that's a real, get out of here, acting like she mortar.
Speaker 3: Like all right, man, were trying to get through this. So by this time, everybody's out there. FBI shows up. They some fucking assholes.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 4: My main question though, was how did Sindbad get out there?
Speaker 6: He rolled.
Speaker 4: The bank, had to be closer, ship, had to be close to the hood. He probably seen.
Speaker 2: Don't know what you know, you be saying, people on the ship.
Speaker 4: You right, they rolled up.
Speaker 2: See what he got going. He didn't even had no money. She had to give him money early, but somebody was robbing the dollar. I know her, she probably don't even know she in the bank. So he tested.
Speaker 5: I think he testified, like, yeah, man, she's a good person that get me change every day.
Speaker 2: Spike Michael Rod that she don't mean bank with a gun, hostages and a ball. It's irrelevant right now. Donations to you, boss kidless. So we were talking about the ball earlier.
Speaker 3: But then we get to the point where the mom is frustrating because it keeps beeping and going off, and so she.
Speaker 5: Finally goes to this book back. Man, I'm a sigh relief at this point. I'm like, finally they're about to realize this ain't.
Speaker 3: A fucking bomb, right, So she goes to it to turn off and then and everybody's like, oh my god or whatever whatever, And.
Speaker 4: That's when they realized it's.
Speaker 2: Not a bomb.
Speaker 4: And and then she's like, oh my god, y'all thought this was a bomb and I was, and so.
Speaker 2: Why would we not? What the does it look like? Stupid ass? You look weird ass daughter?
Speaker 1: And so.
Speaker 3: And so one of the tailors, the tailors, I don't know why, keep saying Taylor, one of the tailors, she hit, uh, lets the.
Speaker 4: FBI know on a sheet of paper, fake bomb.
Speaker 2: Fake bomb.
Speaker 4: So she goes she reached out to the window and let them know what the message that it's a fake bomb.
Speaker 2: So I thought she was that's what was about to do.
Speaker 4: I thought she was too, but it was it was enough space.
Speaker 3: She could finally cause remember earlier she went and tried to open the door and it wasn't it wasn't there or whatever.
Speaker 2: So it's a fake bomb. So now at this point, also what was happening.
Speaker 3: Tianna Taylor Onie finds the cop that she was talking about, and she confronts him, punches him.
Speaker 2: In the face, just some whole a whole lot of ship Like, how you this is ridiculous.
Speaker 5: I don't I really, really really genuinely don't understand how people are watching this and being like this.
Speaker 2: Is really good.
Speaker 9: Yeah, she just walked up and punched this dude in the face.
Speaker 2: People people at homes like, oh, right, you know you did a straw remover. You did what did she say? A pit mover? A new on the car and we have the evidence.
Speaker 3: From how the car is ship, all right, but like, uh, even though they have all of this evidence, they found a guy all of this, FBI is just not trying to hear it because they just ready to pull the trigger on the motherfucker, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: And so they're just like all right. So Cianna Teller notices this, and it's like, okay, let me go alert her that, you know. She basically gets in the line of fire based on the FBI and tries to go get her out.
Speaker 4: Of here, like look, you're not gonna leave out of here alive.
Speaker 2: Just go, you know, or whatever. Whatever. Let's see. So she yeah, yeah, she she in identifies call. Oh damn, this happened to fuck. So yeah.
Speaker 3: At this part, this is where it starts getting like confusing, because then they having people.
Speaker 4: She calls her mother, like the JENNI she see a phone call from my mom.
Speaker 5: And this was where the big revelation happens, who reminds her that Aria died the night before. From the seizure of flashback reveals that Aria's presence throughout the day was a hallucination and the earlier phone call from.
Speaker 2: The school and all that ship was revealed. Were you'all minds blown at this part? Out?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: Please take it away.
Speaker 6: The amount of cursing I did when I have been yelling and fussing at the TV at this movie for soul long that when it happened, because everything that wasn't making sense, because I'm like, you're going to jail. None of this shit makes sense. Why are you still in here? I don't get it to Yanna agree with you, connect with you, because she's been in the situation like you really you're saying that the only reason they ain't busting because you got a bomb, so we got to keep that threat. And then of course that's ruins that. And then jo to find out and I'm like, wait, all this shit has been going on. I didn't even know that that was supposed to that that was going on. My wife had to tell me because I'm yelling and cussing and like, what the fuck? This shit is stupid?
Speaker 2: Why is she doing this? Why are we here?
Speaker 6: Why all this shit could? Like I'm having a full on conversation and you're basically like Jani, al right now, bro, and she was like, yes, it's not real.
Speaker 2: It's not real. I'm like, what's not real? That shit is real? Now that you're like, no, you have the daughter's dead, Like, it's not real she's been dead. I'm like, when the fuck she died? Because here's my thing, here's the thing. This bddy fucked up so bad, bro, because oh yeah, I remember what happened.
Speaker 6: I was so mad when she was like, yeah you're artist dad, I'm like, fucking CPS.
Speaker 2: Just don't making this ship. She was better if they never would have took the town, then she would still be alive because the mom knew how to take the town. I'm going on and she was like, yeah, it's not real. She's been loosing. What the you mean, what do you mean it's not real? Like it's not there. The daughter been dead? Man? Fun this you mean to tell me he pulled some ship? Yeah, like fuck tyles, get this ship out of and turn this bro out. He was like he did this ship, bro, Like what the fuck is he doing? All of this? The me this one. I didn't hate this part. I got me with this part. He was like that use like the streets, the streets. I don't know if you saw the videos and all the streets. That was me, That was me, That was me. I was like, what what She's dead?
Speaker 9: What in the fuck Now I'm sitting here stopping. I'm like, wait a minute.
Speaker 5: So, because I the whole movie, I was waiting to explain why when she dropped her daughter off, that teacher was like yeah, waving at her wars.
Speaker 2: I was like, yeah, now it makes sense.
Speaker 9: She was like, why is your weirdo ass pulled up here?
Speaker 2: You know, you'll know, crazy ass terrorist daughter died yesterday.
Speaker 5: This fucked me, and this made me think, is Tyler Perry the black m Night shallow Man?
Speaker 2: Because this fucking no, they got me gotten it would have been. Here's the thing. I'm sorry, Spike. I wish I could have been you, but I been.
Speaker 6: I was fussing so much, complained about so much other yarts of the movie that it didn't get a chance to get me like.
Speaker 2: That that he tried to pull this ship because you got all that dumb ship in the beginning.
Speaker 5: Yes, you could have actually made this an interesting fucking movie if you didn't have all that dumb ship in.
Speaker 2: The beginning and had this had in mind the whole time. I just felt like it could have been a better muff. Everybody knew this motherfucker dad, and nobody decided to tell this motherfucker your daughter dead.
Speaker 9: Who's gonna tell her?
Speaker 6: The first of all, why y'all even let this fucking crazy ass kid come up here holding something imaginary? This daughter come up, this woman come over here and holdinary and she went after school.
Speaker 2: Yeah, at the school, and she walked and.
Speaker 5: School landlord, No, you're going through some ship. That's the first ones to see that. Your ass walking around talking to the Boston though.
Speaker 2: But your best friend, like you asked earlier, did Yeah. I thought that was weird that the best friend didn't say nothing. And the fucking bank manager knew this.
Speaker 5: She knew your daughter was dead, but she found she found out later. Oh, that's right, that's found out later. Sindbad said he knew. So if Sinbad knew, I assumed the landlord knew. But I don't know for a fact that the landlord.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we don't know, because I'm so checked out of it. I didn't know until we was talking about it, y'all. I swear when you right now, when you when you said it earlier, I swear I thought, Look, that's why I.
Speaker 2: Told you to go ahead, Kim. I swear I thought they called her and told her why she was in the bank.
Speaker 4: Her daughter died.
Speaker 5: I ain't even realized what y'all got to talk, But they shows how out of it I was.
Speaker 4: They showed her walking around like talking to nobody.
Speaker 2: Was like, damn, so what. I don't know if it was a dream, what happened.
Speaker 4: I just chalked it up to missing something.
Speaker 2: Going back, I wouldn't go something, get something different.
Speaker 7: I thought they called and told her why she was robbing the bank. Hey man, your daughter died too, the same. But I have admitted I have a wife to tell me now, bro that you you missed something. I'm sitting here the whole time, like, damn, so her daughter just died while.
Speaker 2: She was in there.
Speaker 5: That Initially I thought the daughter died and the and then she died within the CPS care.
Speaker 2: That's what I thought.
Speaker 5: They were showing her face and she was like they had that long ass shot of her face looking just as dumb.
Speaker 4: As you said it earlier. And I was thinking while I was talking, like oh, that's.
Speaker 2: What I missed.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And then when they played back, I was like, oh wait, I thought y'all was saying, she just she died yesterday.
Speaker 2: I missed that, bro.
Speaker 6: I really hate out to have that moment because I was just going off and she was like, yeah she did, she did.
Speaker 2: I'm still fussing her up. She did, she did? Yeah she died. I'm like when like, yes does the night Man. Bro.
Speaker 4: That's why he thought he could get all this ship out because he thought he had the ultimate.
Speaker 5: If the dialogue and the screenplay was better, they would have actually been pretty fast that because I don't think a single person, unless you're lying. I don't think a single person could have predicted that her fucking daughter is dead.
Speaker 6: And I'm mad now that I think about. I'm mad at my wife because she she heard me fuss the whole time. It should have just been a record on and she knew this ship and just let me just go off and do her She did, just calm.
Speaker 2: She wanted to be surprised it didn't work. Crazy. I like, all right, I thought it was good, and I think it explains why people are giving it grace. She had broken.
Speaker 4: That makes more sense of mental state. She was like, yeah, yeah, but it's just it's just and typical.
Speaker 2: You lion.
Speaker 4: Spike never even wondered why it was calling.
Speaker 2: I was like, I didn't care, But that makes this whole time.
Speaker 4: You did not know to consider it one time, did not consider.
Speaker 2: It was the last name of something. That's why he was putting it through so much. Ship the daughter was probably on top of so.
Speaker 5: All right, man, so we get that revelation that you know, we all can agree that that was that was pretty good.
Speaker 2: Frustrating, yes, but it actually was.
Speaker 3: If this was a better movie in the beginning, it could have it could have brought it really home or whatever.
Speaker 4: But for some people it did a lot of people a lot of people that did a lot of people did.
Speaker 2: So we thought it was over, but it wasn't. I don't know why you thought that. He lean away with us. I got more.
Speaker 4: He lean away with us, bro he had the FBI tear gas the whole.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: This happened to And I was like, I cannot believe he fucking did this. I can not believe he cleaned and slimmed us right now. I was mad, Like Mike said, he had y'all, Like, did he did he get y'all with this too?
Speaker 2: Yep? He got me. He got me twice. He got me yep. And I was like, I was like, he pulled some lean away ship.
Speaker 6: I was like, I thought, Tyler PERI was for the people, and and and when it happened, even though like it was even though they were at their little light beams, like, but they still had me when they shot her, because I felt like the reason why it worked is because once she realized the daughter was dead, I thought she was going to commit suicide by cop.
Speaker 2: That's why I thought it was gonna happen.
Speaker 6: So I thought that's what she was gonna do all the way up until the end of the movie, honestly, but so that's why they got me. But when it happened, I was like, man, Tyler get Tyler was yelling yeah, me too. I was like, fuck this, this is how you this ship off?
Speaker 4: Like are you kidding me?
Speaker 2: We didn't do all of this ship and you're gonna kill her at the end. There's some bullshit, bro. Like I was so hot. I was so hot I was with Ken.
Speaker 7: I thought she was gonna do something because like, once she realized that her daughter is that she was gonna be like it just go.
Speaker 2: Out like guns blazing, yeah, gun blaze that more.
Speaker 7: Yeah, guns blazing, like, yeah, take a couple of cops out and set it off. Yeah yeah, but nah no, yeah, they took her out, but it wasn't reality. But I still didn't I still didn't give give him grace on this ship because you still find a way to put the ship in the movie that takes a stick to it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't put it there, stick to it. He just traumatizes for nothing, exactly exactly.
Speaker 5: He just got me all pissed off from nothing. So I don't give a ship that that wasn't the reality. So but the reality was that she's peace peacefully surrendered to Tanna Taylor's uh the detective or whatever, and that's pretty much how it is. She leads off in the cock cars. Yeah yeah, yeah, so yeah, so that that's how it is.
Speaker 2: Man like like he overall man like like. How you feel about it?
Speaker 7: No, SPIKEE, now you kind of got a little yeah, absolute dumpster fire. I can't believe that Tyler Perry gets away with this. I can't believe the lack of the lack of perception that he has of the black audience that he has, well, I guess the audience that like him like this, so just out reaching beyond them.
Speaker 2: I can't. He could care us and see the thing with me.
Speaker 3: It's like that's why I called it a glorified to be movie, like because that's what tub is known for.
Speaker 2: They do.
Speaker 4: They have like five six plot twists all this ship.
Speaker 5: You ain't doing nothing innovative, really love to you know what I'm saying, Like like like you just made made a higher budget Toby.
Speaker 2: Movie because they do the same ship, like oh oh we got you or whatever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, I don't know if you ever watched that fucking movie with the dog and ship.
Speaker 2: Did we reviewed it? I don't watch I watched. You didn't watch it? Who did? I wasn't on a review? Okay, that's what it was, Yeah, reviewing anything without ken O. But it was a couple of times watched that ship. Absolutely not I heard my ya. You can't watch it now.
Speaker 5: They cut it out, right, they cut it out. But all those movies we have twist on Doggie styles.
Speaker 3: Like yeah, but anyway, man, So yeah, man, that that was strong man, Like this was. Yeah, this is like one of the worst watches this year.
Speaker 6: Yeah, It's like, for real, it's definitely one of the worst movies I've seen from with Mike on that cinema.
Speaker 2: That's that's how I felt when it was over, and.
Speaker 6: I was like, man, not to throw a blanket umbrella, but fuck it, I said it. I'm like, man, black folks, man, we just like any old damn thing, bro. And it was just like so disappointing. But in all honesty, like I think, just as a watcher of movies and the way I consume, the way I think through stuff, you know, this would frustrate me more than you know, a very casual viewer of movie because I'm probably watching with a different lens. Through a different lens, I still would. I still think it's awful. But I understand given the plot twist that happened, why you got a lot of people who don't really think about movies that in depth.
Speaker 2: It does.
Speaker 4: It does, And there's a too be fan based out there that's disrespectful.
Speaker 5: Well, it's a too be fan based motherfuckers that don't think about movies that deeply.
Speaker 2: God damn kid, But it is a group of people.
Speaker 4: To his point, like, here's here's a five.
Speaker 2: Mike.
Speaker 4: Here's a five star review from Riding Tomatoes.
Speaker 7: This film was tense from the beginning to anyone who has had a bad day or not being believed with truly identify with her.
Speaker 4: You can empathize with the main character and what she's going through.
Speaker 7: When someone shows me any type of kindness, it literally brought me to tears. That's somebody who don't watch movie.
Speaker 2: You're talking about. They have to slower denial.
Speaker 6: Sh Look, I think there are things that people can connect with with just having a bad day and fucking snapping man. And I think there's another line in here. There are two lines that I thought were really really good.
Speaker 2: It was people don't know how expensive it is to be poor.
Speaker 6: I feel that that ship that did hit And then the other one is black women always have something to get over. That ship hits you too. Because my wife was like, that's real, I was like, yeah, those are two great lines.
Speaker 5: So why can't Tyler Perry do more. See again, I don't have a problem with black folks loving this. I don't, But I would have more of a problem if black folks love this. But then they were saying like, yeah, this is like extremely quality filmmaking to the depths of a Spike Lee or John Singleton.
Speaker 2: Then it would be like, wait, that's a weird.
Speaker 5: Statement because you can't possibly think that this is as good as something that Spike Lee would have done.
Speaker 9: So comments like that.
Speaker 5: One worry me because this person really thinks that this is a well made quality if you're watching it, like white folks watch m Night Shalaman and you're just like, yeah, it's fucking ridiculous, but it's a fun watch and I like the twists, no problem. That's why I think movies like this should exist. We should have room to make dumb ass, bullshit ass, non sexical ass movies. But it just worries me when people don't see them as dumb ass, bullshit ass nonsensical movies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it put it in an appropriate bucket. Yeah, but that's my thing.
Speaker 6: I get people watching it and it's been it was. It was kind of split, which is why I wanted to watch. I was like, what the fuck is this whole thing about Straw? I don't get it, Like, why is it up to so many people talking about it? With the twist I get? And I get people identifying with certain elements in the movie. You know that she went through It's just a fucking lot, you know, like he just kept he beat the ship out of this woman emotionally throughout her whole fucking day.
Speaker 2: Man. And I was just like twenty minutes and I was like, I don't like this fucking movie. I can't watch this. I damned it almost turned it off. I was like, man, this ship.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but all right, man, like, look if you so this is our review of Straw if you want to, man, but this is why you should be a Patreon supporter Patreon dot com forces last France for a second, because Nick and.
Speaker 2: Nate also reviewed this.
Speaker 5: Not gonna watch that, I believe on on the frames a second, uh Patreon if I'm not mistaken. So yeah, make sure you become a patron to day to see what they had to say about it. I'm actually curious to see what they said about it too. You haven't watched it yet, No I haven't.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I just know that.
Speaker 3: When I get home, right right. But they also reviewed it, man, so yeah it make sure you go check them out there.
Speaker 2: They are still around.
Speaker 3: They you know, they pop in here and there on Patreon, so make sure you become a patron for that. But yeah, man, this has been another Friends second podcast review.
Speaker 2: Thank you for coming through. Peace