Speaker 1: The Frames per Second Podcast. Man, we we we're here. This is the frames per Second Podcast.
Speaker 2: And we are here. You got you gotta be on what we feel, not that you know we're here.
Speaker 1: It's funny this story about ice cubes, War of the worlds, that's what we're about to have a discussion about. It's funny just looking back on the conversation that took place last week and where we are right now. But yeah, man, you listening to France per second podcast. My name is Kenneth By and is joining me. I got right, I got Spike, and I got I got Mike here.
Speaker 2: This is this is what. So I had no idea when we had the discussion.
Speaker 1: I told you all about this ice cube movie last week that it will be the running joke for the whole week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it caught it fire, bro, it caught fire.
Speaker 1: I could not believe it that a move. This movie went viral for being awful.
Speaker 4: And what I was gonna say, yeah, because I had saw it on Prime, like it would pop up on my Prime when I pull up Prime, I was like, oh, what the fuck?
Speaker 2: I was like, So, I.
Speaker 4: Actually was kind of intrigued because it was ice cute and I'm like, what the hell ice Cuting got himself into it?
Speaker 5: But like you said, do you do?
Speaker 4: You say you saw it and I was like, oh, ship, and you you know, you didn't have being the sci fi guy of this of the show, didn't lank it.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh ship.
Speaker 4: And then after that conversation, I started seeing like zero percent. I was like, yo, in no way, and then be started trying to send ship. I'm like, oh my god, what the hell is going on? I personally don't think it should It didn't deserve a zero percent.
Speaker 5: I don't what.
Speaker 2: Roper zi zero.
Speaker 5: Y'all thought it was zero.
Speaker 4: It's in the negative. It's one of the worst movies I've ever.
Speaker 5: Seen in my life. Worst. I can't think of worse. I really can't think of anything worse.
Speaker 3: Right, I'm talking about this year, I'm talking about all the time.
Speaker 5: I'm trying to think of a movie that's works.
Speaker 2: Have no idea.
Speaker 3: I really give the woman that was worse Straw Straw.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, at least had a twist to it.
Speaker 5: Straw was trash, but at least and the acting wasn't nearly as bad as this.
Speaker 2: Ice Cube didn't even try.
Speaker 5: Bro. You want to check he said. He said, what the.
Speaker 6: Bro every time everything whatever, I'm taking the glasses off.
Speaker 5: Oh ship, what is this? Take your innergel to dashes back home.
Speaker 1: To say touchdowns, touchdown?
Speaker 3: Your son did it?
Speaker 2: Yo?
Speaker 5: He said, out the way.
Speaker 2: Was so mad.
Speaker 5: When he punched that and said move bitch, get out the way. I was so fu You know he had lived that ship.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, bro, I think I think both some of that ship he did, because.
Speaker 5: Man, he deserved a zero, if not lower. This was a troll. This is a big troll. It like they was.
Speaker 3: We were talking about Tyler Perry troll.
Speaker 2: You brought up Straw. This was even bigger troll to that.
Speaker 4: It was because they knew this movie what they see. I feel I can get away. When it was sci fi, no I watched I.
Speaker 1: Know what Rod means, Well, okay, but I'm I'm a so you know I've said before that when sci Fi Network was on, like yeah, I watched bad sci Fi.
Speaker 2: You know, c D. This is not on that level though.
Speaker 5: It's crazy like like see y'all would think that it would be like that. You know why. It is not on that level. I'm gonna throw this at you, kidding you tell me if I'm wrong.
Speaker 4: When you watch it, like Shark Nado doesn't exactly, it doesn't take itself seriously.
Speaker 5: It's trying to be stupid. This felt like it.
Speaker 4: Was trying to be serious bad because he didn't take it serious.
Speaker 1: Because he's not a good actor. That's right, that's the problem. If you put somebody else in that chair, the acting would have been bad.
Speaker 2: It's not like ice Cube was trying to act like the smart black.
Speaker 5: Yes, exactly right.
Speaker 3: So it's not so that he's not a good actor or he's just not for his role.
Speaker 5: Both.
Speaker 4: It was. It was horrible, but he's good. He's good and boys in the hood and.
Speaker 5: Yes, that's what I'm saying. That's just him.
Speaker 2: And this was ice Cube from the ghetto.
Speaker 4: Yes, they did not hide your black air. Has to be this guy. Ain't no way y'all could hopposed to believe?
Speaker 2: How many times did Eva Longoria die? She should like she got blew up all kind of Mike's.
Speaker 3: Got her, God damn robotic, Mike's got her.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, the fact and then because I'm I'm I'm I'm with Mike and Spike.
Speaker 2: Like they thought they were really writing a good movie.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got this bullshit off with with when it was like this is gonna be great.
Speaker 3: There's no way they thought.
Speaker 1: This was good using the Sun trying to be clever with the Sun being the guy that they were hunting in the beginning, and the rebel.
Speaker 5: No because I'm sorry, yells no, we all hype about it. Did that make any sense?
Speaker 4: Because look, y'all been trying to hunt this dude for so long. Nobody before dumb ass ice Cube said let's try to fucking decode his voice. Wouldn't that be one of the first things you would try. So mad he did everything else, but everything else but that. That's crazy Jesus. The second he started listening to it and made that face, I was like, oh, it's his son. So so, even though it looks cheesy, y'all, I think it was creative how they were like going back and forth between the phones and the internet.
Speaker 3: That that took some you know why, no, no.
Speaker 4: No, no, because they're movies that have done that so much better Miss and get your searching hosts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a good and all the raptists were way too clean.
Speaker 5: This looks like a fucking bad video game.
Speaker 2: It was way too clean.
Speaker 5: That's what I mean.
Speaker 4: So even though it didn't look it looked too clean. Even though it looked like that, it's just like the I don't know, man, I just feel like the way they.
Speaker 3: Were telling it, it's like, how are they keeping up with this?
Speaker 2: I'm fascinated that you're trying to defend.
Speaker 5: Me, you know what? It sounds like.
Speaker 4: This sounds like when he was trying to find soldier boy being that's.
Speaker 5: What you noticed.
Speaker 6: Time a better you want and you still do this. This is amazing, commen, just like I'm not.
Speaker 3: I'm not, I'm not trolling. When I was watching, I was like.
Speaker 5: This ain't that bad. It was bad. It was worse than that was zero. It's zero percent bad.
Speaker 4: If it could be a worse number to give them, there's nothing about this film.
Speaker 5: Everybody's acting performance was terrible.
Speaker 4: The dialogue was asked, the special effects were trash, the story was trash, the editing was trash.
Speaker 5: So all of it was bad.
Speaker 4: So it didn't make you think about like how much like like we were just talking about it earlier on is the mic still on? Like how much like the government controls ship and how much it could be in on your like it didn't reveal that type of stuff all like and make it intriguing. You know, I'm glad you brought that up, because have you did you did you have to read War of the Worlds when you were in high school?
Speaker 3: I believe so, But it's been so long ago. It's been so long ago.
Speaker 5: But yeah, but do you remember how smart of a of a book it was?
Speaker 4: Like it was it was trying to it was trying to get people to think about colonialism and imperialism because.
Speaker 5: It was like, you have.
Speaker 4: Colonialists and coming into the earth and colonizing earth and killing people in the process. So I was like, it's such a smart book, then you remake it to be one big fucking product placement advertisement for one of the biggest capitalist companies in the entire world.
Speaker 2: My wife was talking about the ship Microsoft.
Speaker 1: Teams, yes, and Amazon and Amazon Teams is fucking awful.
Speaker 2: Teams does not work as good as it did in this movie. And the government that's.
Speaker 4: All said they got a different version of it as Teams is the worst. Dah, it's terrible.
Speaker 2: In that ship. Like I'm like, you're a government.
Speaker 1: They're using teamviewer like that, which we use team viewer here.
Speaker 2: So it's just like, what the fuck is going on like that? So I was like, oh my god, that's the shit that we use.
Speaker 4: Thank you for listening to the frames per Second podcast with pressing Plate today. Taking time out of your day meant so much to us. But if you were like even more content, head over to patreon dot com forward slash frames per Second, where you can decide between two tiers, our Director's Cut Tier and our Bootleg tier and make the decision on what kind of power you would like to have as a patron. If you just like exclusive content, you can join our Bootleg tier where you gain different things that we review along with the random and Ratchet watchables. But if you would like even more power in the decisions that's made, you can nominate at the Director's Cut tier on the discussion the film and the solo reviews that we put up. So head over to patreon dot com and gain access to even more things that we're doing. We would love to have you become a part of our community, and if you just want to peek in, become a free member and see the things that we are offering on our feet, and we look forward to having you over there.
Speaker 2: But I'm extremely insulted by this.
Speaker 1: Movie because War of the Worlds is one of my favorite the og is one of my favorite movies, and for them to do this. The thing about it is that this story, the story that they told, they didn't even have to title it War of the Worlds. It could have been any other kind of name and it would have been fine, invasion, yeah, it's something, the hood, anything, whatever. It didn't have to be War of the Worlds. You use the name to get people to watch. It got me because I'm like, oh, yeah, I fucking love War of the Worlds.
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't care for Tom Cruiser's version of the of of it, you know, but I was like, but I love the movie or the book or whatever, so I'm like, I'm gonna watch it. Was so just disappointed and mad. Even Agent Colson bro from Avengers, he didn't even.
Speaker 5: He was even bad. I don't blame him.
Speaker 1: I think they read the script and knew this was bullshit, and then they probably got even more book when they found out that there was no fucking budget for this ship, and you're like, oh, this is gonna be like a D level shitty ass side.
Speaker 5: I'm not fucking I mean even along Goria's in this all?
Speaker 4: What their money went to hiring Colson, ice Cube and Eve Alongoria everything else be damned.
Speaker 5: Oh and did y'all catch the biblical references?
Speaker 2: God?
Speaker 5: So okay, let me hit you with this. What was the son's name?
Speaker 2: I don't remember, bro, I'm.
Speaker 4: The daughter's name was Faith? Okay, this son's name was David. What were they trying to take down?
Speaker 2: What was?
Speaker 1: Come on, man, I promise.
Speaker 4: You the second they said his name, I was like, y'all And when they said, oh, yeah, her name is Faith, I was like, what he.
Speaker 5: Said, you just gotta have a little faith, have a little faith.
Speaker 1: I can't believe I didn't catch it, but I can't believe I was so mad.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: That was the other indication for me that his son was whatever his name is, devastator, son, disruptor, disruptorr because I was like, wait a minute, his name is David.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, that thing is called Goliath. Oh he's disruptor trying to take down Goliath?
Speaker 2: Zero rid zero zero, y'all bring me back.
Speaker 4: You got to convince me on that one, like Jesus so bad man, you might convinced me on that one.
Speaker 3: Damn oh man, that sucks.
Speaker 5: This was this was this was insulted all the drone ship.
Speaker 6: When they texted the homeless everybody has a car.
Speaker 5: And they texted it to him like he got an account?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: And I was like, that was a shot that just homeless house or whatever they having phones ship. That was a commentary about that ship. And then this fucking down Amazon drone somehow finding a way to outrun aliens.
Speaker 5: It's on my tail like laser yeah, and they got fucking rockets and ship to shoot at the fucking.
Speaker 4: Come on man, yeah, man, even what the aliens wanted like today, like come on, y'all have better data than us.
Speaker 1: Here, Like what the yeah, you're feeding on our data, the data we give. The government has the data, you know. It's like all of that ship's in there.
Speaker 4: You took this long ass ride to come to earth and steal Facebook.
Speaker 5: You took Facebook? Are y'all serious?
Speaker 4: And then he over here sending his fucking dead wife these messages that that wouldn't even that didn't even need to be in the movie, no, because it didn't add anything.
Speaker 5: I don't care about your wife.
Speaker 4: Yeah, shit, creepy suit away he's just fucking following his kids around.
Speaker 2: I thought, that's like, what are you doing?
Speaker 4: So that means you saw my house when me and my boy were fucking and I got pregnant.
Speaker 5: Oh what is this? That's weird, that's super weird.
Speaker 4: Get them get the fall bulled egg because you shouldn't be eating the muffin.
Speaker 5: Man, shut your dumb ass.
Speaker 2: Up, like Tesla got was spot because he was driving.
Speaker 4: The testa got a spot teams and Amazon.
Speaker 3: What do you think about the refrigerator ship because you got one of those.
Speaker 2: I didn't think about this right.
Speaker 7: Look at my fridge and they watch a kid, but they can walk in through the.
Speaker 2: Nasie have fridge?
Speaker 5: You really out? Yeah?
Speaker 2: You out? You can?
Speaker 1: You can watch TV and everything. Bro, somebody comes to the house ring pop up on and everything.
Speaker 2: I'm at the house. I want to see what's in the fridge.
Speaker 5: That's funny.
Speaker 2: You got an app to pull us up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they definitely ship just drinking milk?
Speaker 4: Is a camera the shirt they got all? Is it a camera that you look in the widow? Do you have inventory? Like it'll tell you what milk, It can tell you what's in there. It could actually uh scan the stuff and tell you what items are in there.
Speaker 2: And then you can correct stuff like that. So yeah, we ever out and we're like, oh, do we out of this? We can look in the fridge and fire. Don't do it. Don't do that, don't last thing. We get out it because we don't have to spend We're done. But did y'all think he was dead? No?
Speaker 5: I did.
Speaker 2: They really tried to.
Speaker 4: When the alien got him at the end and he put his little Okay, if you can't have thumb drives in the building, why is there a thumb drive slot?
Speaker 2: Why don't the thumb drive thing? That ship bothered me too, But it's just like that ship made no sense here. Yeah, yeah, this is a real disrespectful movie. It was.
Speaker 4: It was very treated all of us like we were sud Yeah, because what.
Speaker 5: Makes you think I'm a belief for hot for half a second? That ice cube? Because the glasses didn't work. He kept taking them all every time something happen, be taking them all. How you seeing, bro, how you seeing he keept taking the glasses off? What was it up?
Speaker 3: Was the buddy? He had easy say it again?
Speaker 5: Nicking mad? It's like, why you keep doing this this movie? Fucking sucks.
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 5: Has this dude made anything else? I didn't think to look.
Speaker 2: Who green lit this? Hey man?
Speaker 3: That I feel like.
Speaker 4: I've seen like crazy just sci fi ship before. Bro, it's up to three percent, right, it's up to three.
Speaker 1: It's up to a two point set most most of the bad sci fi stuff knows is bad sci.
Speaker 4: Fi stuff, exactly. I don't think this that's that's the thing this director has done. He's on music videos.
Speaker 1: When when I watched Bad, I already know it's bad, So I don't. I don't I watch it with that context of mine. I just got something on.
Speaker 2: But this this wad of worlds, bro, Like, come on, you can't do that? What's up?
Speaker 5: This should tell you everything you need to know. This motherfucker directed the eminem Venom video.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: That should have told you this is gonna be trash.
Speaker 2: Did you see him? Huh? Did you see the picture? No? He looked like he made this movie.
Speaker 5: Tell me, dope, what why does he look like that? He don't look like he made this movie.
Speaker 4: That's not him?
Speaker 2: Is it Richally? Is that him?
Speaker 5: Yeah? But it doesn't show a picture of it.
Speaker 2: On my phone.
Speaker 1: I put anybody got anything else Man, so definitely awful.
Speaker 2: Yes, I wasn't wrong. No, you wasn't wrong. Spot.
Speaker 5: It is trash, hard boiled, fucking rotten trash. This is generational trash.
Speaker 1: Like it's so disrespectful it would definitely probably go on the list of one of the worst movies ever made.
Speaker 2: Yes, I do think so, I do think so. It went viral for being shitty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like think about that for a minute, right, Like that's insane.
Speaker 4: There's a category of movies that we call awfully bad. I'm sorry, awfully Wait is it awfully good? Yeah, it's awfully good where it's so awful that it makes it good and it's entertaining. This wasn't that there was nothing good about this. And the daughter, Oh, I'm sorry last year you ever the daughter Faith, it's a fucking idiot.
Speaker 5: One.
Speaker 4: Why did you take your stupid pregnant ass outside when you knew the aliens was out there?
Speaker 5: Two? When the little fucking thing went in your leg?
Speaker 4: If you're supposed to be some kind of scientist or something, why did you think it was.
Speaker 5: A good idea to pull it out of your leg?
Speaker 2: Because it hurt?
Speaker 5: Because it hurt.
Speaker 1: But she's like I thought if I pulled it out my leg I could get it to stop bleeding.
Speaker 5: Well that makes no motherfucking sense, does it. He's stupid fuck.
Speaker 1: And she conveniently had the you know, the thing, came up with the thing to help solve everything too. Of course, Yeah, of course I felt so bad that my wife watched this ship with me, bro like.
Speaker 5: She got mad at you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, get mad.
Speaker 1: I didn't tell her to stay, that was her choice, but I did feel bad.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna tell my girl, this is good.
Speaker 2: I watch push you out.
Speaker 5: I don't care.
Speaker 3: It's funny to me. I got a new hot one out.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: You gotta just say, don't even say it's good bad, say you gotta see this. You gotta see this. It's absolutely a mussy.
Speaker 1: Anyway, man, Jesus man. Yeah, we're gonna leave it there. Man, this wasn't even on the list, like we have planned out our whole month.
Speaker 2: This wasn't even on the list recorded you know, because of this movie.
Speaker 1: So we hope you guys, uh please, I'm not telling you guys to watch it, but though for those of you that have watched it, I did.
Speaker 2: I need to know what y'all think they're gonna watch it.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, I got one more. Let me get out of here.
Speaker 4: Why when his daughter got sucked up outside and the aliens were attacking everything, do you remember what he did?
Speaker 5: He called nine one one and got mad when they didn't answer.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, what the fuck did you expect to happen? He also looked up hospitals and you didn't like, like, why are you looking?
Speaker 3: All the hospitals are gonna be full and or blown up. She's not gonna make.
Speaker 2: It to a hospital.
Speaker 3: No, this is not gonna happen.
Speaker 2: I was mad.
Speaker 1: I'm like when when when his dog was in trouble, he ain't tried to lead the dawn building?
Speaker 5: That part I forgot?
Speaker 4: Why did he not try to leave until the end of the fucking movie and overall lockdown?
Speaker 5: Is that really the way it works? They locked the door so you can't leave. That shit made no fuckings and you're the was he even like supposed to be like a high level tech guy was supposed to be. He's supposed to be the guy guy.
Speaker 2: It took him a minute to try to go help his daughter.
Speaker 1: He managed to crack it go out, and then he couldn't get out and he had to.
Speaker 4: Come back, bro, And when his son was like, oh yeah, I bounced the signal off of our house. You don't even telling like you give a fuck that these aliens just.
Speaker 5: Blew our house up.
Speaker 2: He did.
Speaker 5: House and all your friends just died. All your friends just died on camera and you said, Greg.
Speaker 1: And we all knew the motherfucker one dad because he did the ship to y'all in the beginning of the movie Trash and it's like, I know, it's like and I'm like, why y'all hunting for this guy and there's aliens coming?
Speaker 2: What is the significance of the movie? Which we found out later they.
Speaker 3: Man don't have homeowners and shooting for alien invasions.
Speaker 2: No ship.
Speaker 1: You can barely get a shot for flood. This ship can flood, bro, and they gonna cover that ship.
Speaker 2: What do you think?
Speaker 3: That girl was like, oh my god, what's the protocol for this?
Speaker 5: You're asking ice Cube?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, she said, what's the Uh, what's.
Speaker 5: The what's the He's a fucking guy, Why you have military? Why are you asking him? That was the wrong person.
Speaker 4: He is not the guy to tell you that there was an engagement, no touchdown up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that chair boy, that was a strong ass man.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 5: He told that chair, he up the chairs the star of the show.
Speaker 4: Yes, the chair is small, average azement chip that chat through that chip man.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 5: Fuck this movie. Fuck this movie. You waste people's time out here. Bro, this wasn't even entertaining. Fuck this movie. Yeah, it has to.
Speaker 3: Nerve to be an hour and look forty five minutes.
Speaker 5: It was only like an hour and thirty. That was the only good thing.
Speaker 4: Oh, unless there's a director's cut that I didn't see. Get It was like I thought it was an hour and forty five. I could be thinking about something else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, man, we'll catch you guys.