Speaker 1: Hey, welcome back.
Speaker 2: Pivot Barm Balcony. Our location high a place right across from the field House. This reminder too. You can sign up to win when you get here too, Indiana Fever Hats or a pair of tickets Fever and the Sun. That is Fredday, August the twenty eighth, right across the street at Gambridge field House with our good friends Hurst and the Montes and alex Is here too. We need to wish a happy birthday to.
Speaker 1: Vincent, can we not?
Speaker 3: Yes, happy belated birthday.
Speaker 2: Belated but still I'm seven years old. Can you believe that?
Speaker 4: Right there?
Speaker 3: Yeah? So he's our third we have four kids. So I know what was I thinking?
Speaker 1: Well, I wasn't really thinking. I know, I think I thought.
Speaker 2: The same thing. I've been thinking the same deal exactly. Doub what you're thinking right there. And we have a special announcement coming up at the four o'clock hours.
Speaker 3: We do absolutely you were earlier you were talking about community support and Hoosiers coming together in Eastern Indiana. And in the next half hour we have a big announcement about how you and your JMB community supported us and kids all across Indiana.
Speaker 2: Love you guys and Alex returns with me coming up in a minute meantime with the Andy Moore Automotive Group Potline from ESPN, a little low down on last night, some fantasy hookup as well, and from ESPN Field, the Yates joins us. Now, Hey, Piel, thank you for the time. How are you.
Speaker 4: I'm doing great? Thanks much for having me on. I hope you're having a great summer.
Speaker 2: Well, the summer has been fantastic, and now it'sammed up a little bit because we do have football back. I'm curious did you have a chance to eyeball any of the Colts and Patriots last night? Just out of curiosity?
Speaker 4: Hey, we called that the Will Mallory Show, right, Yeah, I did stuff last night from Will obviously, And yeah, a game that won't be remembered at like the Pro Football Hall of Fame. If I had to guess, not too many ties they go down as memorable. But yeah, I did have a chance to catch some of it. Saw some of Anthony richardson Will Mallory has mentioned, and then a lot of missfield.
Speaker 1: Goals as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, especially you kind of wonder if maybe one of these these kickers from the Colts that gets cut ends up in Foxboro with Mike Frado England. Yeah, any kind of murder with a group of or straighter or whatever. Hey, what were your thoughts? And we've been around this for so long now it almost wears us down a little bit. So we need a little bit of inside perspective, if you don't mind outside perspective, if you don't mind right here, what are your thoughts on Richardson in terms of what the Colts should do with him this season?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think the weird line that the Folts are having to straddle right now is that, you know, quarterbacks do have value if they're on your roster. Depths can certainly be tested. And we give a quarterback coming off of a torn achilles, even one that's rehabbing as remarkably well as Daniel Jones, It's like you still have to be mindful of the pieces behind him. And you have your backup in Raley Leonard, but another player is only going into a second NFL season that you just don't want to give Anthony Richardson away.
Speaker 1: But that you're getting. So if you're not getting any.
Speaker 4: Offers that are of consequence, the question is is it more valuable to have a third string quarterback most likely maybe a back up, our third string quarterback who might not play at all, or you know, a Day three selection, which you know, Day three pitchs have certainly become lots of things in the NFL, but they're far from a guarantee.
Speaker 1: And I do think there's a bit of a pride factor involved here.
Speaker 4: You know, I understand the Chris Ballard and the Colts organization has moved on in many ways from Anthony Richardson.
Speaker 1: They signed Daniel Jones last year, they reinvested in Daniel Jones. I get that. At the same time, this was.
Speaker 4: The front office that took him fourth overall a few years ago, during a draft in which not everybody thought that Anthony Richardson would go that high. Some thought it could have been We'll Levice as an example, who would go fourth overall, or other players that were not quarterbacks could have gone fourth overall. So I think it's kind of a tricky spot here for the Colts said, if they get an offer that's too good to refuse, do it until that point.
Speaker 1: As awkward as it may be, you do need the quarterback death. It's a field.
Speaker 2: Yates of ESPN ESPN dot Com fantasy football analyst, football analysts in general, it's kind of not to join us on the Andy Moore Automotive Group potline. This is the ride with JMV downtown at Vivot Balcony and bar more on that in just a second. But Field, I'm curious. I went over this in the pregame show last night with analysts Rick Venturi, and he brought this up and obviously there's no relatable here. That's not something that at least we understand or know that Shane sdeykeen has been thinking about doing. But would you try to concoct some really kind of offensively odd ideas, I e. Taysom Hill. If Anthony Richardson is a part of this team moving forward this year, would you try some different things offensively with him? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think with Anthony, like again, yeah, we're way past the point of having drafted and fourth overall, get it sober.
Speaker 2: And done with.
Speaker 1: That's that's three years ago or four years ago. Now. It's some costs of a draft investment.
Speaker 4: But we've reached the point where you don't have to focus exclusively on the stuff you can't do right, like not the most accurate pastor obviously not a timing in rhythm thrower, obviously, but let's see what we can do tap into some of the unique abilities. I mean, he is on the short list at least the greatest quarterback athletes we've ever seen, right, I mean that's based off.
Speaker 1: To Tom by Dusty. He has put himself into that.
Speaker 4: Zip code and maybe you can find ways.
Speaker 1: To tap into that. You know, he had.
Speaker 4: The shortyardist run last night. I still believe that anthy could be amongst the best goal line rushers in the league. And you know, Jonathan Taylor is all that and more as well. So maybe in a different circumstance, you wouldn't need to tap into Anthony Richardson, or you would need to tap in Anthony Richardson. So perhaps the coach a little more hesitant there. But if he's on the roster, you might as well do yourself service and see what utilities can get out of him. Even if it's not much, it's better than him simply watching every single game from the bench.
Speaker 1: Field.
Speaker 2: Jays joined us so Daniel Jones on the rebound from that injury, and we'll start right here. Does it surprise you that he's making at least from what we've told, been told, and what we have seen so much progress, and then how would you factor in what to expect considering how good he was up until the point a year ago when he was compromised and done due to injury.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Daniel, what a remarkable rehabit process so far. You know, he certainly seems like he is more than ahead of a typical schedule. He's way ahead of a typical schedule. I think Daniel was in some ways reflective of how I think this Colts team. It's a bit of a pendulum team in twenty twenty six, So, I mean, my dad is there sort of two.
Speaker 1: Sides to it.
Speaker 4: The good version of Daniel Jones, the Rabits career has some really good I mean he's put He took a Giants team to the playoffs the Outdold with her cousins.
Speaker 1: In that game they beat the Vikings.
Speaker 4: This was a few years ago, of course, and then last year he was playing like a playoff quarterback for much of the first half of the season and then he got it wasn't quite as perfect in the game's leading up to him.
Speaker 1: Still, he just played a really good ball, good enough to help you win a lot of meaningful games.
Speaker 4: So, but the Colts have several players that like the best version of them can be really good that the worst version can become be a problem. And this team, it's not a house of cars, not the right term. But I could see this team competing for the.
Speaker 1: Playoffs once again. I could also see this team finishing third of this division. Right, that would be not surprising any of us because it happened last year. So it's a big year.
Speaker 4: It's a pressure cooker, perhaps every sad at any time a team makes an announcement at the end of the season to say that they are keeping the head coach in the GM, it means the year ahead is a pressure year, right, So, Daniel Jones, in this entire Colts franchise, I do believe based some pressure this year, just giving all the circumstances of what took place last year and over the past six or seven years.
Speaker 2: And I know field you at ESPN, when you compile all these fantasy football numbers as well, you kind of view as what you saw last time he was on the field, But also you compile that with what has been historically his past or what has been the connection to it. Would you expect him to have a season this year if healthy as he had until he was injured a year ago, or would there seem to be a bit of a decline. How would you view him through I guess the lens in this case of fantasy football numbers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the fantasy football outlook is this is Daniel Jones obviously has a lot of upside. He was really good last year, especially in the first half of the season. The question mark on Daniel is when you're coming back from an achilles hair. A big part of Daniels fantasy values tied to his legs and is the team going to be judicious with Daniel Jones given the fact coming off of one of the most significant injuries that we see relatively frequently around the NFL. So Daniel Jones can certainly be a very very solid fantasy football quarterback. Is Quebec seventeen for me in my rankings because I am accounting for the possibility of him not being as lethal as a runner as he was at the time last year. I think that would be rooted by the Colts. It would not be a merit of Daniel Jones in real football. It would just be a reality of a guy it's closely removed with December seventh. I believe it was when he popped his achilles and this old season kind of went by the wayside from.
Speaker 2: There, field, Jonathan Taylor got that two year extension. What's your fantasy football expertise tell you about the culture running back going into this year?
Speaker 4: Yeah, forth rank running back for me, Jonathan Taylor. I believe it's the betting favorite to lead the NFL in rushing yards the season.
Speaker 1: Is just a remarkable, remarkable talent.
Speaker 4: If we don't see as much of Daniel Jones running, It's good things for Jonathan Taylor's fantasy value because it means more opportunities for Jonathan Taylor right specifically at the goal line, where he's already going to be led the NFL and Russian touchdowns last season, A good bet to do that any year, but the possibility of getting twenty rushing touchdowns, it's greater for Jonathan Taylor then probably any running back in the NFL, maybe alongside.
Speaker 1: Derrick Henry or somebody like that.
Speaker 4: So my fourth right funning back, I'd be surprised if he went much lower than seventh or eighth overall in most fantasy football drafts and guy that you know, remember there is agony over whether to extend him the first time around, and here we are and he has already been extended once again. So he's just been a hallmark player for the Colts since being drafted.
Speaker 2: Field Yates ESPN joins us we have seen a rebirth of sorts of value at the running back position, and now it's more reflective as it always has been in terms of the world of fantasy football. But in the actual NFL world, Why have we seen that positional rejuvenation here recently?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it's probably a couple of factors. Is one, you know, the numbers robbinsly going to go up because the salary cap is going up. The larger the salary cap, the larger the salary. I also think we're in just this really unique period with some great, great players at running back right John Robinson, Jamier Gibbs, Jonathan Taylor, three guys who not only are you know, can be particular powers right now, but also guys who like the prime may not be reached yet for them. Jonathan's a little bit older than those two guys, so maybe Jonathan is in the prime of his career. But it's it's kind of a timing thing right now. So we've got some really good backs and you know, we may have another one as a rookie.
Speaker 1: And Jeremiah Love.
Speaker 4: Made his pre season debut last night. You know, I think also teams are starting to realize a little bit of Yet it's this is what history has told us we aren't supposed to do. But some of the best movers and most successful stories in the NFL have been the people that have been ahead of curves. And I'm not saying that paying running back top of the market is definitely ahead of the curve, but it could be. Hey, people are telling us to zig, and that's when we zag. So team are saying, I'll pay a great running back and I'll find some value elsewhere.
Speaker 1: So things tend to be cyclical in the NFL.
Speaker 4: Perhaps is the start of a new cycle running backs are appreciated.
Speaker 2: This is field Yates, a VESPN talking NFL and NFL Fantasy football as well. He joins us via the Andy Moore Automotive Group hootline. This is the ride with JMV downtown across from Cambridge Fieldhouse. Fever coming up later off tonight. We'll get into that in just a second too. So Alec Pierce, new big deal wide receiver coming back from a surgery, and Tyler Warren you're number two at tied end. What is the fantasy value and your thoughts on the type of season you expect from both of those Colt players.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Alex a really interesting one because the contract that he signed with the Colts this offseason was what most free agent contracts are at their core, which is a bet on what the player is going to become. But to be clear, I mean, alex sample size and body of work is lesser than most receivers that are getting paid around where he ranks in average per your pay right. I mean people have had some figures talk when they saw that number. Up to this point in fantasy, he hasn't been a top forty player at the position of wide receiver, but he gets there this year. Absolutely he could if he's healthy, but there's some question mark surrounding his health. And then also the way in which Alec has been used. He's been more of a downfield vertical threat, which in fantasy the best version of that is like a Mike Evans type player, but also requires excellent efficiency. We'll see whether Alex brings us to the table. No complaints, no worries whatsoever about Tyler Warren. He's going to be incredibly busy. He's an excellent, excellent tight end and given all the injuries at pass catcher right now for the Colts, shouldn't surprise anybody if he challenges for one hundred and thirty or so targets this year.
Speaker 2: You know when we should factor this in the question I asked a little bit earlier about Anthony Richardson's senior field, about gadgetry offensively with Shane Steiken, that may all be used up by Tyler Warren at this point.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a lefty quarterback for Mechanicsville, Pennsylvania. He's got some serious game to him. Yeah, I think that's totally far. You know, Tyler is such a unique player. I think that's the pensyl bing. I believe it's Virginia. Is Tyler's from state. I apologize for that, but yeah, that's totally fair. Is that like he's gonna see some rushes this year, perhaps some stuff at the bottom, you know, at the goal line. So Tayler is such a talented player, the kind of guy that you could really build. You know, a significant portion of your passing game around. He's a special, special.
Speaker 2: Player ESPN's field Yes, joins us. Give us some Fantasy Football twenty twenty six risers in your opinion?
Speaker 1: Who risers? Well, we talked to you.
Speaker 4: Alex Pearson is the kind of guy that has a chance to become a riser. But some of the players I like this year a Mecca Abuca from the Buccaneers stepping into a clear cut wide receiver one role for them, Polston Loveland from Chicago Bears. He and Tyler Warren kind of vying to be the next tight end to crack that All Pro ranking. It's you know, bruck Hoers and Tyler and Trade McBride have kind of a grip on that our have over the past couple of seasons, with George Kittle mixed in there as well. And then Justin Herbert's the guy that I think is due for a big bump. You know, Justin plays in the system run by Mike McDaniel, and Mike McDaniel was able to.
Speaker 1: Make to a tongue by Loa the NFL's leading passer.
Speaker 4: I think Justin Herbert's more talented player than two and I'm excited about what it's going to look like once we get to the regular season.
Speaker 2: For the Chargers those on the decline out there, a couple of highlights for people, maybe the side stiff if possible.
Speaker 4: You know, a guy like DK metcalf is one that gives me a lot of you know pause, He's just you know with Dk, he's so talented, but he relies on efficiency down the field.
Speaker 1: And his quarterback, Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 4: Had one of the shortest average depth of targets amongst starting qbs last year.
Speaker 1: Aaron just wants to kind of dec and dunk his.
Speaker 4: Way down the field as opposed to threaten you really far down the field.
Speaker 2: Draft strategy for folks out there this particular year, I don't know if it changes. It always seems like it's the same for me. But does it change for you? And should it change for those out there participating?
Speaker 4: Well, what I would tell you, Let me give you just two simple rules that will apply until the end of time.
Speaker 1: Most likely. One is you've got to play the draft room.
Speaker 4: It's not different than the NFL draft in that regard, right, unless you're thinking first overall, you don't really know exactly what's going to happen.
Speaker 1: So play the draft room right.
Speaker 4: The second rule of fount It's just it's really you're gonna reach a pointer in the season for running backs just aren't gonna be in stock, and so get them.
Speaker 1: When you can.
Speaker 4: They're trying to break a tie between two players that you're closely ranked. One are running back on wide receiver wrab the running.
Speaker 2: Back they field and closing. And I'm going to ask you something early odd. It's about defense, and it pertains to the Colts the value of a defense like the culture built right now until further notice, where.
Speaker 1: They're back end heavy, meaning they.
Speaker 2: Rely on Sauce Gardner on Sharvarius Ward on Cam Bonham as their playmakers in the secondary and not so much a belief in a lot of frequency getting after the quarterback. Can that be more or less of that? How do you view that in terms of the world defense? Because you got playmaking ability and you got talented players on the secondary. But is that something you sidestep considering what we don't know about Layatu Latu and Ardent Key coming off the edge.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what I would say is that for fantasy, if I'm going to draft the defense, it's going to be the one that's more likely to pile up a ton of sacks, turnovers and touchdowns. Score off of turnovers are impossible to predict, so I tend to lean towards the defenses, like maybe the Denver Broncos the Houston Texans are going to pile.
Speaker 1: Up nine thousand facs during the season.
Speaker 2: Makes a lot of sense right there, Field Yates, When can we catch you again? I think you're all over the TV every time I'm talking of the afternoon. You're like looking right across from me on the television monitor when you guys go fourth hurts today.
Speaker 4: And then Monday morning, Monday few Friday. It's an am Eastern time fantasy focused. So we have a lot of fun there.
Speaker 2: Field, It's always great to talk with you, man. Thanks for dropping and we'll do it again here in Indianapolis if you want you over the course of the season. Two, pal, that sounds great. Thank you so much. You got a Field h right there. The Andy Moore Automotive Group potline, good stuff. We're going to the Colts and the Patriots. Last night some of the more interesting players noted players of the Colts and how that also could pertain to your fantasy football draft. You got a little bit of everything right there. This show, you get a little bit of everything.