Speaker 1: Live from the Heartland and the Crossroads of America. It's Tony Katz today. So what do you want? First? The Iranians putting a ten million dollar bounty on Baron Trump. Where do you want more tirefs on Canada? I mean, it's really a take your pick kind of day. And then you're going to have what it is that's gott best of the Treasury Secretary is going to apply to Iran I don't know what that is yet. What I do know is that the Iranian regime is showing signs of the cracks. We can show this, we can prove this. We did this the other day. We've got more Tony Katz. Tony Katz today, kitt and what's going on? Find everything I do over at tonykatz dot com. Apologize for no livestream today. I'll make that all understandable tomorrow. But here's what we've got going on. You have the Iranian regime saying that Baron Trump is fully monitored, putting a ten million dollar bounty on his head. It's a New York Post with the story quite literally where to kill Baron Trump. This is horrifying stuff. You're going after people's kids. It's absolutely horrifying stuff. Now you can argue the kids an adult and all that jazz, but it can't be argued. The only thing they could be argued here is that what it is that the regime is trying to do is get the United States to stop, and they have lost capability. We discussed this the other day when the president of Aram Pozzeshkia. Now, I've seen it written as Pozzeskian, and I've seen it written as Pozzeshkia, so I'm going with Pozeshkia. So if I'm wrong, blame anybody who writes things on the internet. He just last week when we talked about this Friday. Guys, I don't recall, get the podcast over at Tonycas dot com wherever you get your podcasts, and you'll be able to listen to it. That he is saying, you know, we've already defeated the United States and everybody around the world hates them, so why don't we just come to a peace deal. And while he's saying that, he's talking about actors within Iran and he's saying about them, they don't understand this conflict. So the translation there is the president, whatever is there of the leadership is saying to the IRGC, the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, the fractured and factionalized we can call it IRGC, that they are causing more problems for Iran, specifically the leadership and keeping down the people and being able to make some money through illicit means. Stop it. These United States sanctions. Never mind, if they go on more bombing raids are going to destroy us. Cut it out, live to see another day, rebuild as the Iranians always do, and then we'll fight them again. We're not giving up our jihad. We're not giving up our desire for califry. We're not giving up our desire to destroy Israel, to go after the United States, because it's the little Satan before the Great Satan, because destroying Western civilization is the goal. The Iranians, the Chinese, and the communists of the DSA, they've all got the same wants and desires. That that's what the Red Green Alliance is. Of course, it is the only people dumb enough to introduce Islamis to their society is the whole of Europe and now more and more of the United States. So by saying that Pazeshkiya put on the table that sanctions and other things are working. We know from major Mike Lions, We know from Stephen Yates that oil is indeed moving around the UAE and Oman coast. They're on the Persian Gulf, which means that the Iranians can't see it or they can't get to it. They don't have the weaponry they can get to it. We know from the reporting of Noah Rothman over at National Review wor at about seventy five to eighty percent of prewar oil moving along that coast. Now, this will bring us to then, why in the world aren't gas prices down? Well, gas prices aren't necessarily down, because that's a trailing indicator. Why aren't barrel futures down? And that's a place where I wouldn't mind President Trump getting a whole bunch of upity with some people saying what do you think you're doing? Because that is an issue. I'm not a populist, but everyone could see that one right there. What did Pozeshkia do? Now? Pozeshkia, now in continued talks, says that the Ayatola Kamane the dead one, not the dead one, the dead one. So there's the old dead one that you knew as the Ayatola, until, of course we killed the Ayatola, or was it the Israelis? I don't know. It was Uso as a friend, that's cool. And then there was the son who became the new Iyatola, the baby Nepato, as Ed Morrissey would say. And then we think he's dead and no one's seen him. And if he is alive, he's drooling into a cup. Pozeshkia, the president of Iran, says of the old ayah Toola that he favored backing a diplomatic solution to end the feud with the United States. Now, before we go any further, can we both say together, because we're friends, right, we're buddies, we hang bull crap that didn't happen, That never happened. There's no way that happened. That's a lie. Now it is the Iranian regime, so everything is a lie. Everything is a lie. We are to believe that the Ayatola wanted to get peace. So Pozzeshkia, which is now written again as Pozeskian, good lord, with strength, but with logic, we could sit down and resolve our problems. Is that right, it is better that we bring the war to an end now as we are in a position of power and dignity. No you're not. You're begging. You're begging. You have come to realize that you are in a worse position than you thought. Maybe, indeed, as some people have been discussing for a while now, the strategy of we're going out, we're going to control the straight, we're going to abuse people on the Strait of Hormuz, maybe that strategy was not the best strategy. Maybe that strategy is a one trick pony. And once that trick is done, well, seventy five percent of the oil can get through. If we're moving more oil out of the Texas, Louisiana, Alabama area, that Gulf area than ever, well, maybe that's enough. Maybe that's enough to satisfy, Maybe that's enough to mollify. Maybe that's the reason. Even though oil price is the barrel price is still too high. The economy, well in a bad place, isn't off the cliff. The economy is one of the weirdest things going on out there. You and I both know in the every day everything is more expensive. People are still buying. This is like COVID spend all over again. We take a look at the numbers, we take a look at the inflation. We're like, this don't make no sense. And yet you go to a mall or or any luxury place, people have bags, they're buying. It's fascinating. Nothing matters. Now, it's going to bring us to a debt bomb. And what's going on with credit card debt where you've got one point two to two to one point two three trillion dollars where the credit card debt in the last quarter. This is not going to be good. But while the price is higher, and certainly the left has been complaining, and people can talk about affordability from now to the end of time, and there are worthy discussions within this, it hasn't broken US. Manufacturing is still up, and maybe they've come to realize that the economic sanctions are gonna hurt them longer. Their philosophy was they can outweight Trump, they can wait through the midterms and then get them to lose, get them in peach, break them that way. Maybe. I mean, if it's you and me sitting on a parcel having a bourbon, very possible right, that could absolutely positively be the strategy, no question about it. That doesn't mean that strategy is gonna work, and it doesn't mean it exists in an isolated way. So this is a great example of how media tries to paint the picture of here's the only way this happens. This the way it goes on, and it isn't. There are multiple things happening, and the idea that everything wasn't going to work for Trump that was never true. We said it. Of course, I disagree with the philosophy. I believe you got to take out the regime. It's the only thing that will work in the long term is ending this regime, ending the Islamist having them destroyed, quite literally, the raising of buildings in Iran by the people, administrative offices, moss everything. The people are gonna have to do that in order to show the end of the regime. That's how that one's gonna work. I mean, history does what it does. But they were relying on being able to outweig Trump, and no one ever asked the question, can they outweight themselves? Wait, hold on, I know one group of people that did. We did. We asked if he can outweight himself, if they can outwait themselves. We asked if the Iranian regime can handle this, and the answer based on now two pieces from this President Pozzeschi in I got an official it's with an end, it's got the end and there the answer is no. They can't wait it out. They just can't. So what is it that we are going to see Bessen to unleash today? Because we know that this is going to apply to anybody who's a trade partner. The real thing to watch is will it apply to anybody connected to Do you know the answer?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yes you do. I can already hear you saying it China, correct. That's where the pressure point comes in China and Russia because the word I'm street was that Russia was doing resupply. I don't know what else you can sanction of the Russians. I I really don't know what else that could be. But if no one is willing to buy any Iranian oil, if no one is willing to do this with a Ran, no one willing to do that with the RAM, the cost is too high, Well that's what I'm looking for in these sanctions. That's what I'm looking for from Besson in this discussion. We're gonna find out. Keep it here. I'm Tony Katz and this is Tony Katz today. So gergr lins. They're so angry they might throw a silver medal at us. Is that too soon?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Yes, no, maybe Tony Kats Tony Kats today, guys. Good to be here, Good to be with you. The Prime Minister of Canada, Mark Carney, took to the microphone and oh he was steaming. But you know, in good Canadian spirits steaming.
Speaker 2: We'll see.
Speaker 1: I believe that was French for we surrender. I might be I might be wrong. This has to do with tariffs. So before I mean before the weekend began, everything was was great and everybody was they were, they were, they were on the same tune and they were gonna work this out before fifty tariffs went into effect. And then all of a sudden, Canada becomes the Iran of the Western hemisphere. Oh that's not nice at all, Tony. And they're like, you're not dealing with us as an honest broker. This is not working. Goodbye, and they walk away from the negotiating table. Now, this was a fifty percent tariff on a whole host of things, and one can argue that there's really no need for the fifty percent tariff at all, no need whatsoever. You know where I'm at, which is tariffs are taxes, and we're the ones who pay it tariff strategically, I can live with tariffs as a philosophy. I cannot, just can't. Absolutely. I think it's a terrible idea. I think it has kept the inflation where it is. It could have been much lower and we'd all be better off. Not a fan the Canadians think everything is about this fifty first state nonsense. Now, if you were to take a look at Canada population wise, if you were to take a look Canada GDP wise, you actually could make an argument for it. The population of Canada is thirty nine point one nine million people. The population of Florida is twenty three point four to six million people. Case rested. You also have when talking about the Canadians, this this fifty first state idea. People forget that they are Canadians. They don't appreciate being spoken to like this. They find this stuff frustrating and ugly and despicable and low rant and low class and who the bloody heck are you? They are taken aback by this from Trump. They find the whole thing wholly disgusting. They don't want any part of it, and so they acted. We put tariffs on them, they put tariffs on us. They weren't buying some bourbon, they were buying some other things. Okay, this latest round, one could argue, well, this is because Canada is not doing enough when it comes to securing in the northern border, something called the Swanton sector s wa NTN. This is in the Vermont area. And yes, it's been an issue Chinese nationals and a host of others. But speaking of China, one of the other issues has been the importation. We're talking about steel and how steel comes in, and we're talking about electric vehicles. China has been importing electric vehicles or exporting electric vehicles to Canada. Canada has been importing electric vehicles. These vehicles are ten thousand percent ten thousand percent rolling surveillance machines. That's all they are. They are keeping an eye on you, they are keeping an eye on me. They are transmitting back. There's no question. Did I hear it right? A friend was telling me this story that Polaris, which sells electric vehicles, will not as of twenty twenty seven be able to sell in No, not Polaris, sorry, Polestar. Polestar is the name. Polestar will not be able to sell in the US market in twenty twenty seven because ownership comes from China and we don't allow that stuff here Canada. Taking in electric vehicles is a serious problem for US because let's say someone owns in Toronto or Windsor and an electric car from China. Are they allowed to drive into the United States? And before you answer, allow me no, turn the car around. You're not allowed to enter the United States. I don't care what you're re it is, what your rationale is. I don't even care about your sick kid. That's how much we have to say. We don't allow it. Our safety and our security that comes first. You know, people talk about this America first thing. And I've never been a guy who really was, you know, in favor of that as an expression. But if we are going to use it as an expression as the Tuckers, Marjorie Taylor Green, Thomas Massey set want to use, maybe we should discuss what it means. Maybe we should ask ourselves whether or not these things do matter. And as I would argue there's a hierarchy. Some things come first, we come first. I don't know there's anything wrong with that. So we do have some issues with Canada. I don't know of another. Fifty percent tariff is the thing that makes a difference. It's now on twenty billion dollars worth of Canadian products. Canada has responded by saying, we are going to add Torris on American good on our goods. Dealing with America. Darry is going to be a big one. Fishing rods, cement wine, Canadian wine. What in the world I'm assuming that's syrup. I'm just I'm not an expert. And then they're gonna put a tariff on hockey equipment. So that's fine, that's fine. If we need any protection, we'll just cover ourselves with our gold medals. That's twice. That's twice. I made an Olympics dig and I feel good about that. Canada saying they asked too much and offered too little. Well maybe, and if this is how you want to negotiate, I can't stop them, nor do I actually fault them. Go ahead and negotiate this way. This might play very well at home, might make the economics rough, but it might play very well for the Canadians. We don't take no gup from Trump. Maybe Canadians have decided that they'll pay more, but they won't bow to Trump and everything will be better and they'll just wait them out. You know. There's a message in that. There's a huge message in that, and there's also the recognition that this is the story today. Tomorrow a deal can be struck and it all goes away. The first rule of trump Ism as Trump wins, and the second rule of trump Ism is that a deal can always be made as long as that adheres to the first rule of trump Ism. Do I think Mark Carney is playing this wrong? Look. I think the tariffs are wrong. So I think the whole thing is just flat out nutty. But all politics are local. And one of the things that the Trump faithful and the Maga faithful have to do is recognize that Carney owes Trump nothing. He owes it to himself to get reelected. That's true of South Korea, which I think is more and more upset with what has happened with these wargames and North Korea. That is true of Sinnai Takaichi, the Prime minister there, in Japan. It's true of all of them. Don't forget that in the great scheme of things. But time has a way of changing it around. We might actually I would bet money on it. We see that from Canada. I just don't have any loans Onmie. Isn't like the looney or something. Their money? All right, We'll betting sheruh, because at least that's delicious to Canada. Joke people, this is a tonic dout.
Speaker 2: The thing.
Speaker 3: When you hear Kelly Lefler rightfully talk about the rise of socialism, one of the things we believe in the Trump administration is that the way to defeat socialism it's not to throw slogans at people. It's not politician talk and repeating the same old thing. It's given people a real stake in the future. Now, thousand dollars may not sound like much, but you take one thousand dollars to a child born tomorrow in the United States of America, and you give that child eighteen years of compounding, eighteen years of interest accruede, eighteen years.
Speaker 2: Of investing in something.
Speaker 3: And that's how we make the next generation of Americans have a real stake in the next generation of the American economy.
Speaker 1: Now, I have nothing against compounding. I suggest you start investing now, ladies and gentlemen. Tony Katz, Tony Katz today. I am not your financial advisor. I'm not. We have the same last name, but I am not your financial advisor. I don't even know if people consider that joke funny anymore. I'm good with it. Haha, teh. Everyone calm down a little. But he's he's wrong in the presentation, which jd Vance drives me crazy, because jd Vance is wrong about in terms of it is not land, it is indeed an idea. He's wrong about that. He's wrong on foreign policy when we discuss where the threat is and how the threat must be dealt with the isolationism which he espouses without the utilizing that phraseology, I don't think is of value. Not being involved in everything is worthwhile. Thinking that you can't be involved in the people who want to be involved with you, that's just denial. And then this, the way to defeat socialism is not through slogans. It's by giving Americans a real stake in the future. It's explaining to them that they are their own future. So if you say to me you defeat socialism by the government giving every baby one thousand dollars so it could be invested. I don't think that swims as well as he does. That does not move the way he thinks it does. He's got the conceptually, He's right there, and.
Speaker 3: That's what you got to do if you want to fight socialism, give people a stake in the future. The Democrats are running a very corrupt game, which is they're trying to tear down this country, tear down our young people, tear down our military, and what's left over with the ashes of what they've torn down is socialism.
Speaker 2: Well, we've got a different approach, my friends. We want to invest in.
Speaker 3: You, we want to fight for you, and we want to fight.
Speaker 2: For your children's future.
Speaker 3: We're going to defeat socialism by giving you a stake in the American dream, and that's how we're going to.
Speaker 2: Win the future.
Speaker 1: Can I ask what stake they don't have right now? They want to live good lives, they want their kids to live good lives. I'm asking the question, where's how do they not have a steak? What is this approach from the Vice president, Because it sounds, oh, don't get angry with me, it sounds like it sounds a bit like the socialism. We're going to give you this stuff, and we're going to give you that stuff. We're gonna do this stuff for you. We're gonna do that stuff for you. That's what it sounds like. That's how it comes across. And let me say again, for the people in the cheap seats, do you know how talented JD. Mance's JD. Man's a stupid talented You want to hear a good line.
Speaker 3: And whenever I'm in Maine, I gotta give Susan a little bit of crap, because, as you know, Susan is the most independent member of the United States Senate, and as the President of the United States Senate, she sometimes makes my job just a.
Speaker 2: Little bit harder.
Speaker 3: But she makes it harder because she is coming to work every single day and fighting, not for a political party or not for any abstraction.
Speaker 2: She comes to work every single.
Speaker 3: Day and she fights for the great people of Maine.
Speaker 1: And that line is so good. That line is so good for the state of Maine. Why did she vote against Todd blanche for Attorney General? She voted against nomination because she needed to show the people of Maine, that she was independent of Trump. Everybody knows this. I assume that people of Maine know this. You know this. But that's exactly why it happened. She needed the out the vote Countador was already there. They already knew what they were gonna do about McConnell, and that's how Blanche got confirmed fifty to forty nine. Really, shame on the Democrats who in Toto didn't vote for him. They were wrong. And as for Lisa Murkowski, the Senator from Alaska, is always wrong. She doesn't fight for a political party, She fights for the great people of Maine. Come on awesome line and beautifully delivered. He is able and capable. When we get into policy, it just does not connect. His policies are not policies that one can consider having great value. Because if the answer is you don't want socialism, rather you want the United States government to give your kids a thousand dollars thousand dollars free healthcare, what's the difference. Honestly, what's the difference in the methodology. Now we're only talking about the amount. It's the methodology that's the issue. Right, It doesn't matter if you're willing to accept fifty bucks to sleep with someone, or fifty thousand dollars to sleep with someone, you're still a prostitute. Is that not an acceptable way to explain this? I think this is an acceptable way to explain this. Do I like the idea of being able to set up accounts where others can invest in our kids show? That's fine by me. So the Trump account concept is totally fine. As long as we are discussing where the money is coming from. It's not from US tax credits and things like that, Well that's completely fine because we're talking about not having to pay the government, you keeping your own money. Totally cool with that. So maybe that's what he means. Isn't how it came across across is we're going to give you money so you have a steak in America's future. And the problem with that is that they already have a steak in America's future. They're Americans. We have a steak. But I can tie this to President Trump on beef imports where he is feeling the heat, and I'm gonna say, for the record, I will get him on the show. Congressman Marlin Stutsman is out of Indiana. I know the congressman. He's not too far from where I work, and this is about labeling on products. So there's the idea. And I don't know if Thomas Massey had wanted this as well, because I've stopped paying attention to his anger, screaming, yelling, bigotry, silliness. But one thing I think we would all agree on, and as a matter of fact, if we didn't agree on it, I would take up very peculiar like regardless of party. Don't we want products that we buy to be labeled where they were made. That's a standard. I believe Amazon should have to do this in very large type, the kind of type your grandpa can read without glasses, Like very large type. It should be easy to understand where it comes from, because I think for a lot of us, maybe not all of us, that will determine whether or not we buy the product, and that information, the country of origin information, is hidden from us. So Stutsman is talking about this in regards to American beef, the beef story, I think I have it right now now, and I also have a theory. Tell me what you think. You can email me Tony at tonycats dot com anytime. Love to talk to you. President Trump wants to introduce three hundred thousand metric tons of ground beef into the US economy, not have any tariffs on that beef as a way of augmenting our supply and helping to bring down costs because beef is at an all time high. The reaction has been, what in the world are you doing a cattle ranchers, This is just a mess. Might be well intentioned, but it's going to exacerbate long term stock shortage in the cattle industry. Now, for those who may not know, we are at a low on cattle. The herd is as low as it's been since nineteen between nineteen fifty and nineteen fifty five. That's part of our problem. We have not replenished supply, replenishing the herd, and that takes time. Just like aging a bourbon. You can't rush that stuff. All the ai in the world can't rush a bourbon booboo. It's going to take it's two years, so it can be straight bourbon. It's gonna take it's four years, it's gonna take it eight years, or whatever it is you need. It's going to take time to do that. It's gonna take time to replenish the herd. Trump's philosophy is if we introduce the beef, we bring down the cost, and that's good for midterms. We also take the pressure off of the cattle rancher and allow them to allow the herd to grow. The President's argument is a legitimate argument. The problem is that that argument is countered by a multiplicity of people saying this is not the way to do it. The herd may need time, but while you're waiting for the herd to grow, you're telling the American cattle industry, the beef industry, screw you. Now, you're gonna get even less, even though you're already paid, saying more for everything it takes to raise the cattle. This brings us into another part of it, the regulatory environment around cattle. What is it that they're paying for. One of the places that's a massive problem the processing of beef. We have a problem with not enough USDA inspection plants, and those costs are outrageously high, which is leading to higher costs for us I'm not saying we should be sloppy with beef. I'm not talking about bringing back the slaughterhouses of the thirties. I am saying we're making it too difficult. We also have, because of war in Ukraine, a very high price of fertilizer, which we've been dealing with for five years now. Farmers use fertilizer, there's feed, there's a whole host of things. So you have these things that are causing the higher costs. And now you're telling the American beef a world there that they're going to have to compete with. So I'm out of country source possibly Argentina, other places, and they're gonna be able to sell it for less. Now we've got to be able to compete. And the next thing you know, they're making even less money on their beef of anything at all. That is where the pushback is. The President is making an argument, but the pushback argument, I argue, is the right one. And when we discussed this on Fridays this was just coming out. What I said was I'm not a fan of this after walking through it. And by the way, I could still be suaded by talking to more farmers, talking more ranchers. Email me tonyatonycats dot com. This is a mistake. This is not the route we should go. Now. Some people are saying, hey, it's just for ninety days. A lot of bad things can happen in ninety days, and as we all know, something that's ninety days could last longer. Because if I remember correctly, and tell me if I'm wrong, it was fifteen days to flatten the curve. I could hear your head shaking in agreement, like, oh yeah, so this is not a cut and dry issue. It's a worthy discussion point. I just believe that that the winner of this and the position I take is that we shouldn't be doing this importation. We do have to let the herd grow, and what can we do to help the herd grow? And one of the things I've been hearing from cattle anchers tax credit. We'll dig into that in the days ahead. Keep it here. This is Tony kats today, Freedom through fifty Washington, DC, Indy Car and it was exceptional that town lost their mind. Tony Katz, Tony Katz today, an absolute pleasure to be with you guys. What's going down? What's with everybody? Here's the story. Indy Car decides they're going to bring a road race, the road course to DC. Trump wants to do it. They had actually tried to do it, and Congress wasn't interested, and then Trump said we should do this. The next thing you know, it's happening. DC gets behind this in a very very amazing way, including the Democrat mayor Muriel Bowser, who gave the command drivers to your cars. They set up a course. See I thought the course had the cars heading towards the Capitol. No, they wanted the visual of the Capitol and the background is the cars were coming towards you. Seven turns was at one point seven miles. I believe it was. It was outstanding. That town went crazy. They'd never seen anything like it before. And one of the things that they did. I was not expecting this. On Pennsylvania Avenue, where they had the big straightaway speeds of one hundred and seventy three miles an hour, people were able to get on balcon and rooftops, I would not have figured they would have allowed that at all. In DC, they got on rooftops to watch and they're sharing video. They're like, does anybody know how fast these cars go? Now, you guys know that I'm in Indianapolis. I get to do pre race coverage of the Indy five hundred. Every year I've done this for a decade. Until you've seen two hundred and thirty three miles an hour, you don't know nothing. And then they're like, oh my gosh, this same we know how loudness is. This is amazing, as everybody tells me, because I didn't live in Indiana at the time. If you heard Indie Car when they had Stug carburetors, that noise was heard across the state, the ground would rumble and it's loud. Now people are like, this are the coolest things ever. And the party was great, and there was a note to this, like a footnote. There were no protests, not a protest in DC. People just had a good time. Kle Kirkwood wins. He really did run the show. He has been great on road courses and now you've got a real fight for the IndyCar Championship, which is very, very cool because the spread is like ninety one points and that's an easy thing to overcome between Kirkwood and Alex Below. Is this going to happen again? That's a question. That's a question for IndyCar and no one else, because I mean, this is a real dollars and cents thing here. Costs a lot to do this. I got to assume DC wants it. I'm not sure if IndyCar wants it every year, but could it happen again? My money's on yes. This is Tony Katz today