Speaker 1: The Frames per Second Podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the Frames per Second Podcast, and this is one of our discussion series and today we are talking about movies that would have worked better as TV shows. We're all going to do three in a round robin's style, and we also want to know what you guys think, so make sure you leave your comments and ready pages and all those things. Is what you think would have been a better TV show that was a movie. Y'all have a hard time clinic with this list.
Speaker 3: Until I sat down, Yeah, yeah, I have, I wrote, I got set so yeah, but I started out it was a struggle early and then when I settled there, I.
Speaker 1: Was like, oh, yeah, yeah, I can add this one. I can add this one.
Speaker 3: So I had to kind of go back and look at some some find some movies.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's see what we want to start rod on the one that didn't say that.
Speaker 4: That's why I started with you.
Speaker 2: I'll start how about that, I'll start with mine, the first one that I have. I really don't like this as a movie, but had it been fleshed out more as a TV show, I probably would have liked it more. Maybe spend some more times with the characters. And that is a baby boy. Baby Boy as a TV series, Baby Boy as a TV series would have been a hit or two. It would have been some ship like power. It probably wouldn't even have to be good. People would have just enjoyed being in that world on a weekly basis with the tyres and the ving rings and to hearing. I think that that would have been a fire series. Yea of show, y'all know, I like baby Boy. That would have been a really good TV show.
Speaker 1: How many seasons? Three? Three?
Speaker 2: Max? Just they would only get one, just to the point where maybe at the ends is like turning his life around it and it became more successful, maybe settled down with a family then so over.
Speaker 3: A very interesting answer, Yeah it is.
Speaker 1: I like it. Never thought about me either, and I still can't see it.
Speaker 2: You watch it because it will be messying. It will be some messy ass stuff. I'm sure sure, So baby Boy TV shows What I Got, Mike, what you got?
Speaker 4: I'm only gonna kick this one out because this was something relatively recent history of violence. M I think if they had broke this out and we have more of a slow reveal of who Tom Stalls is, I think it would have been really dope.
Speaker 2: Kind of like at the end of season one, you finally get to reveal that it is him. Yeah, it would have been fire, I agree with.
Speaker 4: And then you find out who's doing everything maybe in season two. So yeah, I think this would have been a really dope movie because I think a lot of people's complaint is this movie just kind of drops you in the world. You're there for like an hour and twenty and then it's out. They don't explain anything. So yeah, I think it showed.
Speaker 2: I like it. I like that Ken what's yours?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go sci fi.
Speaker 3: It's this is not a it's an okay movie, closer to below average than okay. But it was on a Netflix. It's called Rebel Moon.
Speaker 2: I heard.
Speaker 1: They had different parts.
Speaker 5: There's three of them there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there are multiple parts. But I feel like if they could have really taken their time and did like a four season series, it could have been good because it was one of the big time mainstream directors that we all know, uh that does a lot of what is his name? I look it up, but but yeah, it's it's it's so much. I feel like they need time to really flush out the story and and Sack Snyder did it. Zack Snyder did it, but it just it just wasn't enough, Like yeah, and there's so much I felt like they could have told as a series.
Speaker 4: One of these days if I get real bored, bored because I heard it's bad, like a bad, fake ass Star Wars.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's all playing the generic. But I think they needed time to because we don't know ship about the world or anything. Bro, they just give us. Yeah, it's yeah, I think it's the need of the series.
Speaker 4: Rot yeah, like like kind of like Mike.
Speaker 5: Once I really started thinking about it, I'm like, Okay, yeah, I guess I could have used that as a series. I'm not necessary, but my whole thing is, like I don't know if it's necessarily better than the movies that I picked. But one note came to mind was a higher learning.
Speaker 1: I think that.
Speaker 5: Could have could have could have done a little bit better as a as a series. I could see somebody taking that and just kind of flushing that out, the whole college experience, the different type of cultures that's in it, Like you can really flush something like that out, even the build up to the Nazis and all of that, Like you can really flush a story like that out. You know, maybe not a bunch of seasons, but you know, you could follow different subsects because you had you had the Blacks, you had, the Whites, you had, the Nazis, you had, you had so many different different ways, you know, routes you can go with that story, and I think it could have with the right person behind it, it could have been really really strong.
Speaker 2: Like a broader, more dramatic version of a different world.
Speaker 5: Yeah, of the world building, I think you could have built that world world a little bit more, in my opinion, with higher learning.
Speaker 2: I liked that I'd watched that my next one it came up earlier here today. I think that this would have been a smash TV show, even though it was a pretty big movie. And I enjoyed all the movies, but one of my biggest complaints was you never got to build the worlds out of the different units that they talked about. And that's Hunger Games. I think Hunger Games would have been Game of Thrones like level popularity if you got to go into those different worlds that those people that they selected from the Hunger Games, like, if you got to go to those places and see how different stuff come out, and I know you did it something in some of the movies, but really building it up like they did a winter Field or King's Landing or the Wall and then do the Hunger Games thing it maybe the season finales or the pen ultimate episode. I think that that would have been a show that lived on forever.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I like it, but I mean, I mean, I feel like with the breakout of all the movies, I feel like that gave an opportunity to kind of world builder look that.
Speaker 2: They didn't though, Like I wanted to pels now that I wanted to know about the zones that people came from it.
Speaker 3: I am with you, Spike, like we were introduced to them and we know what they are and how they function et cetera, et cetera, but I was curious.
Speaker 1: About like how it looked everything I did. Wanted to know more about them.
Speaker 2: No, that's good. That's one of my favorite series.
Speaker 4: So yeah, that could have been interesting.
Speaker 2: Ken what you got?
Speaker 3: Uh, I'm gonna go with the creator John David Washington to remember. Yeah, I think that I think it's a it's a good idea there, but I really feel like if we could have gotten two three, seasons, they could have really built upon everything that was being told. I don't remember being fully in love.
Speaker 1: With this movie.
Speaker 3: As a matter of fact, I don't think I actually really liked it like that. But I think if they would have had time to spend, you know, setting everything up and getting all the way to the end, I think it could have been really, really more enjoyable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think I seen to create I have to check out, Yeah, Mike, what you got?
Speaker 1: Nick.
Speaker 4: I don't know if anybody's seen this movie, but I loved the book. But I thought the movie was ass World war Z.
Speaker 1: I have seen that.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, it's so fucking bad.
Speaker 5: That's what the run and they.
Speaker 4: Turned the big balls and they roll at you and it's fucking stupid.
Speaker 2: So it is.
Speaker 4: But the way the book is broken down is you're not like you're not reading a story as it's happening. The way the book is is it's almost like a documentary and you're you're hearing about what happened through the accounts of different people that are being interviewed. How the fuck they went from that to this shitty ass movie with Brad fucking Pit is beyond me. But if they had taken their time and broke it down and showed like by episode it is different people accounting for what happened. This could have been so good, but the movie is absolute. Gabbage Rod with your.
Speaker 5: Next one, man, I didn't know which one I wanted to pick, but I think I'm gonna go with the lesser. You know, well, I don't want to say lesser no one, But like, I think Minister Society could have been a good uh, a good series, Yes, absolutely, I think with those strong characters, old dog fucking.
Speaker 1: Caine who.
Speaker 3: But who.
Speaker 1: He played? Whoever? I forgot to name his character.
Speaker 2: He was dope, Like, yeah, I think.
Speaker 5: That could have been flushed out a little bit more as a series.
Speaker 2: I think, yeah, grow up kind of going down the wrong track.
Speaker 1: And he had the rock as a teacher.
Speaker 5: He was like a teacher, so how he Uh you had Chauncey. I mean, you had so many characters that you could have build upon, like the cut and that guy shot at the at light, like you could. It's so many different characters you had. She was trying to go to Atlanta or college or something like that. You got that story trying to get out the hood. Like I think that could have been a solid hood story as a as a series, not saying like again that the movie is bad. I just think that. Oh man, I would have loved to watch the Minutes of Society series. Somebody did that ship would like.
Speaker 2: Should actually right instead of doing paid him for I should do that. You know, paid him Ford got a TV show.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that.
Speaker 2: No, No, fifty just.
Speaker 5: The right, that's right, that's right, because Dame just said it's gonna be like, congratulations on making making fifty your boss cam?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, for real.
Speaker 2: Bro, he hired cam on as executive producer, right, and Dame dash came congraduations looking at mad. He lost the rights to it because he couldn't afford and fifty bought it from him.
Speaker 1: And that's why because it's streaming, so it ain't working.
Speaker 2: Well, No, you know he got he had a five bankrupt because he couln't pay all of his his t fix. But now he can't back out and tell you ain't get that fix.
Speaker 1: Yeah, remember stream he still got it.
Speaker 4: It's still streaming site called some Dame TV or some corny.
Speaker 2: Ship and some of USA, I can't remember the exact name.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's where you put all his movies and stuff on that they be doing. It was supposed to be his Netflix or something.
Speaker 2: Okay, my turn for the last one? Did I skip somebody?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: So this one was a good movie and I enjoyed it a lot, but I think it could have been better because I like mafia stuff. If you had a TV show, and I don't think we've ever seen this one explored. We've seen Philly and Jersey and New York. I think that Departed would have worked as a really TV series. I think that would have been fired fleshing out Man Damon's character, fleshing out all of those stories. They a lot that movie. They cram a lot into that. They could have fleshed a lot of that stuff out. I think that would have been a maze.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So the part of this one that I have, what's your next one?
Speaker 3: Can? There are eight books for this movie and it's called The Dark Tower.
Speaker 4: Oh I heard that was bad. Yes, I heard they ruined it.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's one of Bee's favorite series. I think it right, yep, Yeah, and I think Bees read them all. But y'all can reach out to him about that. But he's really high on it. He loves it, and that movie is so bad. I haven't finished this series, but just from the ones that I have read, and then watching that, bro, I'm like, there's no way you can do this story justice in two hours.
Speaker 4: And yes, it's one of the few movies I've never finished. I started and I think I got about forty minutes and I was like, I'm good.
Speaker 1: It's so bad. It's so bad.
Speaker 3: So that movie deserves that's that series that deserves a series because.
Speaker 4: He just elbows like a cowboy or something.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, yeah, they're all like cowboys and stuff, but he's a cowboy in this ship.
Speaker 1: Bro, this man.
Speaker 2: Mike Wish, the next one, the last one?
Speaker 4: Oh do ragoh.
Speaker 1: He just he juster orders. I'm tripping.
Speaker 4: Multi verse and madness. It was tough for me to think of my last one. Then I started thinking, sometimes Marble movies crammed too much in and that one jumped out. It's like fuck, because my I don't have much of an issue because I love that movie. But when I really thought about it, I think that they tried to cram too many characters into that film, and if we were able to sit with these characters, I think it would have been a lot harder, Like, especially when they get to the to the Multiverse where they have the council with like Read Richards and Monica Rambau and all this other shit.
Speaker 2: Not Monica Rambau.
Speaker 4: What's the woman's name that became the she was the other version of Miss Marvel, the black woman. Oh, Monica Rambo's mother. I just can't think of her name. But yeah, when they got there, the fact that they all spoiler alert, they all died. I feel like if we sat with them for like maybe three or four episodes when they all got got it would have been like, oh fuck. So yeah, I definitely, I definitely think that Multiverse and Madness could have used a season. This should I think Multiverse of Madness. They should have made it seem like it was gonna be a Doctor Strange show but then revealed later that it was really WandaVision season two.
Speaker 1: Damn.
Speaker 3: Yeah, back now when you added that part to it, Yeah, that could have been really good.
Speaker 4: Because what if we didn't even see Monica, I mean Wanda until like episode four. Hell no, because once he gets there and he starts talking to her, it's like, oh, she's a good guy. Thoh, but wait, Nope, it's been her. It's like it was all revealed within the span of like five minutes. What if that wasn't revealed for like the span of five episodes, I think it would have been.
Speaker 2: Really fucking and you wonder what's going on. It makes sense.
Speaker 4: I still love that movie, though, h Rod close us out?
Speaker 5: Hmm, I think I'm gonna close US out. I was trying to pick which one, but I think I'm gonna go with.
Speaker 1: US.
Speaker 5: I couldn't think if I wanted to do the first one or not interesting because like even when I watch US, like I always wanted to go back and watch it because I still kind of confused about the shit, and I always said I was going to go back and watch it. But I think if they would have spent a little bit more time on US.
Speaker 1: Do you remember that one? You remember that I watched it? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, why would you watch that? Amazon watched US, he watched US. I think I was seeing them at the end.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, I remember them, but.
Speaker 4: You might remember them like what you're gonna do.
Speaker 2: But I think if.
Speaker 5: US did a series, I think it would have been a lot better than them or whatever.
Speaker 4: So speaking of them real quick, before you did you all ever watch the other season?
Speaker 1: I did?
Speaker 2: That tricked us.
Speaker 4: I didn't know it was even related to them.
Speaker 1: Episode stupid. Oh y'all did know?
Speaker 4: That's why just Justice bad? Anyway, go ahead, Yeah, yeah, you know.
Speaker 5: I still kind of find some with the actors. I think the one lady was really good at it.
Speaker 4: I thought, yeah, the lady was good. I think the kid was.
Speaker 1: The kid was good.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, and then what You're gonna do, dude, he was hilarious. But but I think Us as a as a series would would be good man, especially with the performances of and and I forgot his name, the guy like he's he's been taking it off.
Speaker 1: Yeah he's uh, he's in Black Panther.
Speaker 4: Michael something, I think.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but yeah, just flushing out like the Tethered People.
Speaker 2: And all that ship.
Speaker 5: I think that is a series of Winston Duke. Yeah, I think that is a series would be amazing.
Speaker 2: That would be good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Jordan Biale needs to do something like that. He means to see.
Speaker 5: What he does with it, yeah, which which is odd because they do series. They come from series making stuff, Like I'm surprised he hasn't done a series, But.
Speaker 4: What's the first movie called get Out, get Out, get Out. Yeah, I couldn't get out with make it okay?
Speaker 5: All right, So I see that's what I was trying to figure out, get Out of Us. But I feel like get Out was okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a lot more to us.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's it's still more to be said with us.
Speaker 2: I think get Out would have to be like an anthology series, like different people each.
Speaker 5: Season, all like get like go to the town and.
Speaker 1: Get but after a while racism coming from Yeah, I think this would be good.
Speaker 2: Have any honorable mentions?
Speaker 5: I had a couple on. One I had thought about was a fight Club. I thought Fight Club would be good as a series flushing that out, but but.
Speaker 4: Again, it's a great movie, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: But I think it's still complex what the characters meant to him and things like that or so, so I think kind of diving in deeper into that, it.
Speaker 2: Would be really really decent series.
Speaker 1: I think it'd be a solid series. Fight Club.
Speaker 3: The other one I have that I mentioned, I think it's worth mentioning. It's enders game. It's another south O flip. But I read the book and watching the movie and having read the book, I'm like, oh my god, they're kepting.
Speaker 1: So much stuff and.
Speaker 3: It really deserves a whole series because they have to cram all of this stuff into this movie, and they left out part that I remember that or parts that I remember reading about but wasn't in the in the in the damn scene, I think, and there's game.
Speaker 1: Needs a series.
Speaker 2: That justice my only one that I had to mention, and they did it, and I just want to mention it where the movie was really good, but the series was even better. It was Friday Night Lights. Oh the Lights was a good movie, but that series it's better.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: That's one of my favors easily, I think in my top five. It's one of the best series to me. But Friday Night Lights was they did it correctly.
Speaker 4: I had when whene we're putting this together, I was trying to think of, like, which Star Wars movie would I turned into a series. I really couldn't think of one. And then while iman sitting here, I was like, Solo. Solo had so many cool ideas that they could have absolutely fleshed out so much better, but they didn't, and it made the movie suffer.
Speaker 5: And they have no plans on doing a series of Solo.
Speaker 4: No, they're gonna do a series of Orlando. I mean, at least Brother gets a serious It's still I don't care.
Speaker 1: They got your boy in it too, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Donald Glover is gonna be in it.
Speaker 2: I just don't care which. Y'all watch that Game of Thrones movie.
Speaker 4: There's a Game of Throws movie.
Speaker 2: I'm asking if they were like, you know what we got, the backlash we got with George, or fix We're gonna not try to necessarily fix it with put a better ending to it.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna I would watch it just because it's Game of Thrones. I'll watch anything Game of Thrones. But I'm walking in very cautious because y'all fucking fooled me once, got my hopes up, and you ship in my face?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, freak ship. All right, that's the end of our long walk speaking of shit in her face for this frames per se conversation, y'all to get that when y'all see the movie. It's been fun. We are out. We appreciate y'all.