Speaker 1: The Frames per Second podcast. You always good.
Speaker 2: Everybody, Welcome to another France per Second episode. I am your host, Rod Here to my right, got Kenneth b Inch across from here and got Spiked, and next to him we got Mike Ctom. You know it's good today we are here to talk about movie franchises that should have ended sooner.
Speaker 3: I feel like we talked about this before.
Speaker 2: Maybe because we've talked about franchises before, or sequels and things like that, that might be why I think we talked about that. I know we've definitely said here before like things running too long or like you know, can't believe that they're still going on. So I guess like what we'll do is, like I said, I'll go around the room, maybe pick about everybody got two or three?
Speaker 3: I got three?
Speaker 2: Three, Okay, so we'll get three from everyone of movies that you felt like kind of went on a little too long, and then we'll kind of like get into that and break it down.
Speaker 3: What I'll do, I'll start with Spike.
Speaker 1: Something with Spike.
Speaker 2: I know you're not the movie guy, so I'll just you know, start with you first.
Speaker 4: My first one is going to be a classic movie, but it went one movie too long, and I'm gonna call it The Godfather?
Speaker 3: Whoa Godfather? Three?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: It wasn't terrible, but it did not hold up the quality of those first two, like classic movies.
Speaker 3: Interesting, I'm one with the Godfather.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, I have heard that one. I like the part. Yeah, I like three. I do agree that it doesn't quite hold up to the first two, but I do like it though. I do like it. I think it's a solid, solid trilogy. So now that's a good one, though, Ken, what's your first one?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: For me, I'm going to go with Fast and Furious.
Speaker 2: I mean that's man, I think that's the obvious one.
Speaker 3: You could have stopped at the second one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, they just can't make them, even when Paul Walker. They're still making these movies and now you just watch them to see how ridiculous they are. But I stopped watching them, you know, because it's just like, why y'all still doing this?
Speaker 2: You know, so they can be, but it just don't.
Speaker 3: It's just it's a running joke at this point, Like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: It's turned through a meme of itself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, but no, that's a good one.
Speaker 2: I think that's one of the most obvious when I hear people joking about Fast and Furious, but they still go see them, they still go see them.
Speaker 3: My first one is Child's Play.
Speaker 2: I feel like that ran way too line, like the Brider, Chucky's and all that type of ship.
Speaker 1: I just did that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ain't nothing like the first two. The first two, I can't remember what the third one was, but three, I can't remember with three.
Speaker 3: You remember what three was? Yeah, see, I don't remember. Well, three might have been Bride to Chucky, might have.
Speaker 2: Been, right, I don't think so. Yeah, I don't think I was feeling that when it got there. I wasn't feeling I was okay with up until two. So yeah, that's my first one. I just yeah, I'm straight on. I'm straight on. The Child's Place, Yeah, it was like seven plus of them joints. Yeah, yeah, it's a lot of them.
Speaker 3: But the show was good. I know you said the show was, But that's why I didn't.
Speaker 2: Really want to see the show, because I was just like, I'm all Child's played out.
Speaker 3: I didn't even see the other movies after three is the Curse of Chucky.
Speaker 2: The Curse of Chucky that one might be okay, yeah, I can't remember that one might be okay, so up until three might be okay yeah, but after that it just got a little too ridiculous for me.
Speaker 3: I didn't like to like to check it. That was pretty cool.
Speaker 2: She was funny, yeah, straight straight, all right, Mike, what you got you'll.
Speaker 3: First go and get the obvious went out the way and say Star Wars m so long? What I don't know.
Speaker 6: I'm just I'm surprised you're surprised that I would say that Star Wars has gone on way Star Wars has.
Speaker 3: Gone on The movies at least have gone on way too fucking long.
Speaker 1: It wouldn't be.
Speaker 3: Huh. Would you be open to them doing another Well, they're gonna do them.
Speaker 6: They're gonna keep doing them until they bleed the entire franchise dry, until people stop going to the movie theater to see him. But it should have stopped after the prequels. The sequel trilogy should have never happened.
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm mm hmm, at least.
Speaker 6: Not under fucking Kathleen Kennedy and and the rest of you know, Disney. If it stayed with George Lucas. Fine, let's see what you can do. But in this current iteration, no, even though I've liked some of the stuff that Star Wars Disney has done, but it should have ended. Yeah, kind of sequel trilogy is worth a ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was kind of surprised to me. I thought you still had hope for them to get it.
Speaker 3: There's always right and it's that's the line that Princess Leah says.
Speaker 6: Anyways, and One was good, Yeah, but I Rogue One wasn't good enough to justify the trash we got with the sequel trilogy. So I would I would sacrifice how much I love Rogue One and sacrifice how much I loved and or to not have to deal with the fact that I actually had to watch.
Speaker 3: Those sequel trilogy movies because they are garbage to me. Garbage, gotcha?
Speaker 2: Okay, I thought we had some good moments out of those though. Out of the sequel trilogy that was the one fight in the Throne room was tight ray and but it was it.
Speaker 6: Was wrapped up in a shitty movie. Yea, even though I know there's some weirdo that it's the best.
Speaker 3: Storm we ever made.
Speaker 5: Y'allo the pizza all off their fingers.
Speaker 3: Right, now actually.
Speaker 1: Clean.
Speaker 2: I like seeing the Millennium Falcon again in action like it was. It was some moments I liked out of those, Out of those movies, I just.
Speaker 7: Go back to, you know, New Hope and Empire strikes back into the laying Falcon doing cool ship, not just being out in the fucking field somewhere with a tarp over it.
Speaker 3: It was fucking so bad.
Speaker 8: And you didn't like Kylo Wren, not what he became like when they first showed him. It was then the fact that he got beat by some woman who had never fucking trained, the fact that you had Finn showing up and he actually held his own and he'd never have any It was just dumb.
Speaker 3: When it came out. I was fine with with uh Force Awakens, but going back.
Speaker 2: I haven't gone back, that's the thing. But when it when it came out, I was like, Okay, I funk with him. It was the ones after that that made it everything. I got you. Yeah, that was a surprise. All right, what's the second one? Spike, y'all gonna hate me for this one? Man, because y'all know y'all said it was good.
Speaker 4: He about to say some bullshit, So I went and watched it, and it just wasn't as good as the first one. I've seen the first one late because y'all made me and that's back.
Speaker 3: To the future. Oh, you ain't like the second one, not like the second one? You didn't like the second.
Speaker 4: The first one was so good, like I felt like it was original. I feel like the characters were great. I liked everything about the first one like y'all said I would. But then the second one was just like watchdrench and repeat. No, I didn't like this character that sad around. I didn't like the sporting betting angle. I didn't like how Doc was acting like. I just did not like the second one. I just felt like I was watching the same Movie's interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, that's that's disappointing. That's disappointing. Man, oh man, Okay, all right, damn, I would not expecting that. I will give you the third one. The third one isn't that great.
Speaker 1: It was not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the third one isn't that great. So it went maybe one too many? Yeah, or they just should have just got the third one, right. I don't think I think three would have been good, but they just didn't get that. They just didn't get the third one, right, that's all okay, all right, that's a that's an interesting pick.
Speaker 3: All right, Ken, what's your second one.
Speaker 5: I'm going to say a franchise that despises or does not like and it's Saw.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Saw as like I.
Speaker 3: Don't know, twenty seven thirty three.
Speaker 5: Movies out, like you know. And the thing is, I don't want to spoil it. I don't know you Saw yeah, because the villain is dead and they keep bringing Saw back with all these different versions. I think the last one they did, they did like a flashback version of him.
Speaker 1: It's just so weird. Yeah, well, you know, keep keep it going.
Speaker 5: But yeah, Saul, just you know, it got to the point now where that the first couple of times I forgot where I stopped off. Now I don't even really really go watch them or get hyped to watch them the way.
Speaker 1: I used to. So yeah, they just they just yeah, they just ran it up. Bro.
Speaker 3: It was it was, it was, It's time to go. We can move on to something else.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you would love to have more content from Frames per second. Become a patron where you can contribute to what we review and discuss. Our Patreon gives the listeners the power to nominate and vote a monthly discussion in film review, while also nominating and voting on weekly solo reviews from each cast member. You also get the opportunity to vote on the publicly released anniversary film, all exclusive to our Patreon. So become a patron at patreon dot com frames per second where there are two tiers you can choose from. That's patreon dot com forward slash frames per second.
Speaker 3: My next one is going to be Jurassic Park.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I feel like they they they didn't have to keep going with those movies. I just feel like they're just trying to keep getting more just just crazier, like they're trying to experiment.
Speaker 3: Now you got mutant.
Speaker 2: Dinosaurs and all this other shit. It's just like, I mean, it's it's over. It's fucking over, Like why are we still going with the story? I think we liked the last one. I mean that could be okay, but it's just okay. They're not gonna hold up to the original Jurassic Parks. So it's just like y'all just keep trying to make up shit. And I want to say the last one, we were just like we had to suspend a lot of belief In the last one, I believe and like when she fell into.
Speaker 3: Water and yeah, it was like what the fuck?
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, I just think just just just stop, just stop making just dress.
Speaker 5: I think we accepted them for what they are. We didn't expect a lot of much of anything. They're not going to hold up.
Speaker 2: But yeah, yeah, they're just not gonna hold up. They're not going to hold up. So yeah, just just just stop. It just stopped that franchise. So yeah, that's my second one, Mike, what's your second one?
Speaker 3: Jaws? Josted, Oh, you think it went too long?
Speaker 6: Josh, be a one and done movie, because how do y'all do you remember the other ones?
Speaker 3: I don't. After after we reviewed.
Speaker 2: Jaws, I wasn't I hadn't had to go was yeah, I couldn't remember the other ones because after it ending they blew.
Speaker 3: A shark up. I was like, well, how did they make another Jaw four?
Speaker 6: But if you remember, it was a new shark but the shark, but it was the same people from the first movie, and the shark was following them around because he was mad.
Speaker 3: The shark followed them hundreds of miles. Don't get revenge, have good memories, but the other shark was dead. Who was this new shark? It made no fuck?
Speaker 5: That wasn't That wasn't in the second one, Rod that was a I think that was the third one, the Revenge, Yeah, no, the Revenge was four four.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So I did the same thing.
Speaker 5: I rewatched all the Charles movies, and I do remember that this motherfucker film Hunted.
Speaker 3: Down was like I remember what you did? How you? Yes? I did not remember that.
Speaker 5: This ship was crazy even the second one. You could kind of The second one was fine, but right after that and they probably shouldn't really travel.
Speaker 3: The second one I ain't never seen. I don't think too.
Speaker 6: Jaw should have been a one and done film. Man had no business making for them. It's a fucking shark man, What are we talking about?
Speaker 3: You really?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I didn't even think about that one. That's a good one. That is a good one.
Speaker 2: I guess I can't think about it because I don't think I watched them at after a certain point.
Speaker 1: They did three D.
Speaker 3: That was three yep, three D.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I think two was okay, but then three was ridiculous and four was just offensive. It's like y'all really trying to sell me on a shark is following a family across the fucking ocean.
Speaker 3: I'm pissed off. What are you talking about, dude?
Speaker 1: Because the boys were adults now.
Speaker 3: Right remembers them who wrote this? What are you doing?
Speaker 1: Alright? All right, Spike? What's your last final word? Man?
Speaker 4: Mine didn't have to be a sequel to this. The first one was perfect, second one. This is probably the biggest discrepancy between one and the two ever. And I know it was just some money grab but coming to America too, Oh yeah, it should have never happened. It should never been thought of, It should never touched. Did will approach it? They should have been laughed out of the room by Eddie Murphy and arsene O Hall like that should too. Was terrible, especially the way that they did it. That they could have revapped the story, maybe had new characters, and I hoped it was just funny, but the way they did too was just what offensive young.
Speaker 3: Kid or something. They came looking for him, so I don't even remember.
Speaker 1: Yeah it was.
Speaker 3: It wasn't great.
Speaker 2: It wasn't great because James and Tina passing away, so he wasn't even in the movie except the I think it was in one part and then that was it. Yeah, okay, that's a good one. Ken what's your last and final one?
Speaker 1: Die Hard?
Speaker 3: All you think it went last too long?
Speaker 1: It did?
Speaker 5: So Yeah, one, two and three were cool. The third one has Samy L. Jackson in it, and I liked doing that movie. What is it Living die Hard?
Speaker 3: I forgot about that with the sun.
Speaker 5: Yes, and then they had the other one after that mind that one, and then they counseled the six film but yes, yeah, they were trying to they were trying to go six. Yeah, six movies, deep bro, But yeah, yeah they had uh, yep, hold on, I'm gonna look it up. But they had yeah, and yep, Live three of die Hard and then A Good Day to Die Heart.
Speaker 1: I did not see the that was in twenty thirteen.
Speaker 3: And it was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so yeah, we were good like it because you wait until two thousand and seven.
Speaker 5: Now I'm looking at it two thousand and seven to make a fourth film with the yeah, with his son, and I think this is the one when he took out the damn car with the helicopter with the hell yeah, I liked it.
Speaker 1: It was just ridiculous.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they should have they should have ended with with three and we would have been good.
Speaker 1: We would have been fine.
Speaker 2: Damn Well, I guess I kind of feel the same way about about this one. I don't think all of the mission impossibles are necessary.
Speaker 3: I don't. I don't think they.
Speaker 2: I mean that that could have been a very solid three series, three movie franchise. I don't know why they kept bringing this dude back for these for these missions. I know it was a famous TV show back in the day, so that, you know, they got plenty to pull from from there.
Speaker 3: But ship what what? E seventh film? A film? This was supposed to be the final one, right, supposed to be.
Speaker 1: It was supposed to.
Speaker 2: Be, But I guarantee they probably going to stretch the ship out one more time.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I think this went. This ran on way too long.
Speaker 2: They can be fun, don't get me wrong, But are they necessary?
Speaker 3: No, they are not necessary.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So I'm on here now. That was his final film, but he may end up still producing them. But I don't necessarily disagree with you, Rod, You know, I don't mind the movies. Yeah, and but yeah, eight of them is.
Speaker 3: A last A lot, bro, It is a lot of movies.
Speaker 5: And I think you expose yourself to ruining the franchise.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: The good thing is, for the most part in between they kept the quality up, you know, for a lot of.
Speaker 2: Them, right, and they had iconic moments of him running that became a thing seeing him run and all that type of ship. But but yeah, it just it just ran on way too long. So yeah, that's my third and final one. Mike, what's the third one?
Speaker 3: My third and final one? That was three? No, he's the last, he's the last one, third one, all right, dunk.
Speaker 6: This will probably upset a few people, but I don't care. Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Texas Chainsaw Massacres should.
Speaker 3: Have been a one and done movie. It never should have been franchised.
Speaker 6: The first movie is absolutely perfect, perfect. Two was a fucking travesty, and then three and anything else did after that was just ridiculous and it never came anywhere near the magic of that first film. So Texas Chainsaw Massacre, like I said, should have been a one and done.
Speaker 2: A cool anybody have any honorable mentions as to what shouldn't have went on that long?
Speaker 3: I got one honorable mention, hell Raiser. I've never seen hell Raisers should have stopped after three. I was looking.
Speaker 6: I did even see all of these, but Bloodline, actually all I did see all of these Bloodline, Inferno, and Resurrection. Those movies were all shit, and it got really bad ones Doug, I forget his last name, Doug Bradley.
Speaker 3: I didn't want to do Pennet anymore.
Speaker 6: And they got some random ass dude that looked nothing like him. Terrible, terrible, And then this remake they did was garbage.
Speaker 1: Hell Raiser.
Speaker 6: Hell Raiser really should have only been two films because the first two are so good, but I don't even accept three as being passable.
Speaker 3: The rest of them were fucking stupid.
Speaker 4: That was the honorable mentioned. It's a cult classic. But they didn't need to make three of them. They even four. Y'all remember the movie.
Speaker 3: Major League.
Speaker 4: Three Leagues in three Oh wow wow, yeah, major League Man, they could have cut that off of two of them. Two first two of classics, I believed.
Speaker 6: Yeah, those are to be ridiculous fun though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're not good movies overall.
Speaker 5: They're just, you know, definitely for fans of the series, you're not gonna watch them, think you're gonna watch anything.
Speaker 1: But they have a lot of them. They keep making them.
Speaker 3: They keep making it will not stop, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my my honorable mention would probably be Halloween Kiss just.
Speaker 3: Stop after one.
Speaker 2: And I didn't even like one when I went back and watched it, I don't even like one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so yeah.
Speaker 1: Halloween would be mine.
Speaker 3: That was the Halloween h two O and all that ship that was around. Think so one of you doing karate or something because.
Speaker 1: One had busts around. I think one had ll Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it got ridiculous. They got ridiculous. Halloween was terrible and they still try and we review one recently.
Speaker 3: Coming back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no straight, but no, yeah man, that was just a quick what's that?
Speaker 1: What was that? That was a patron? I think it was just a conzo.
Speaker 3: Oh it's just one ink?
Speaker 2: Oh okay, well yeah man, that was just a quick combo that we wanted to give you guys, man, hoping you enjoyed that. You know, If y'all got any other suggestions of different topics y'all want us to, you know, talk about, yeah, man, send them over and we'll we'll discuss. But yeah, that's this has been another France for second episode and we'll catch you guys on the next one.
Speaker 3: Peace p