Speaker 1: What's up y'all. Be sure to tap into our YouTube channel.
Speaker 2: On December twenty first, at two pm Eastern Standard time, we will be reviewing James Cameron's.
Speaker 1: Latest release, Avatar, Fire and Ash.
Speaker 2: As the Avatar series adds its third installment, we would discuss the film itself and if it needs to continue. This will be our final live show of the year, so be sure to come check us out and share your commentary and questions.
Speaker 1: Again.
Speaker 2: That's December twenty first, at two pm Eastern Standard Time on our YouTube channel YouTube dot com FPS podcast.
Speaker 3: The Frames per Second Podcast, whatever. Everybody, Welcome to another episode of the Frans per Second Podcast. My name is kenned Be and joining me on the show have Mike, Rod, Spike and Nays with us. Is everybody doing.
Speaker 1: We're having a conversation, man.
Speaker 3: You guys seen them to enjoy some of these topical conversations that we've been doing lately.
Speaker 1: So we're gonna keep it going, man.
Speaker 3: With We're gonna give you our best based on a true story movies.
Speaker 1: As we uh do.
Speaker 3: We's gonna present three of our favorite some of our favorites, not all, but just some. If some of you have three because Spike doesn't watch a lot of movies, so we don't know what's on his list. He's more of a TV show guy. But yeah, man, let's let's get into it. So Mike, I'm gonna start with Okay, uh, Fruitvale.
Speaker 4: Station, watch more than once.
Speaker 1: I'm with you, just very heavy.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm okay, Fruthvel Station. All right, that's that's a that's a good one. That's a good one. Spike, how do you have?
Speaker 5: Three? Got three?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: What you got?
Speaker 5: Alpha Dog? We were.
Speaker 6: We that's what justin Timberlake.
Speaker 5: Story, I didn't know that.
Speaker 2: I think it just didn't make any sense because it was marked as a not that bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's why we didn't like it.
Speaker 4: I thought somebody may not like it. But it's based on the true stories.
Speaker 5: What's it about?
Speaker 7: Uh this kid getting kidnapped and all the stuff that happens after he like, they kidnapped him for something stupid, just just being teenagers. And then the teenagers the kidnapped the little kid. Of course he started to like them and the movie plays out from there.
Speaker 4: The ending is top two.
Speaker 1: I'm saying I didn't I didn't expect to like it because of justin tim.
Speaker 5: He did a good job in it.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. Job you seen it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well yes, I'll see whenever we get around to doing it. Now what you got you got one?
Speaker 6: Yeah it was Malcolm X because it's one of my favorite movies.
Speaker 8: No, not at all.
Speaker 5: In my pocket.
Speaker 1: Keep ruted him like, man, don't do it, I know every time. What about you rot?
Speaker 2: American Gangster? Yeah, American Gangster is Yeah, that's that's one for me. It's one of my favorites, and I like based on true story movies. That's some of my favorite favorite movies. Is what I come to realize? Gotta block that ship?
Speaker 1: Yeah, South Pack Nigga.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right, is on my list to brokay American gamester Bro.
Speaker 1: I think we got a great soundtrack.
Speaker 3: From jay Z from it rapping well. The production was dope. Yeah, yeah, it was good, but you gotta listen to it was one of his best album top five.
Speaker 5: It's definitely top five.
Speaker 1: That's uh you just.
Speaker 5: No man.
Speaker 1: But but Denzel did his thing and that yeah, Russell Crawl.
Speaker 5: Did great too. It was good man.
Speaker 3: So yeah, so I'm with you an American Gangster. Uh, going back around starting with me, I'm gonna go Ray, damn, sorry, but you're still going that's yeah, Ray, come on, man, like Jamie Fox killed it, U he got he won.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm a music fan.
Speaker 3: I love seeing these stories so definitely one of the one of the best ones ever done.
Speaker 1: What about you, ro what's your second one?
Speaker 2: My second one is City of God Is. I didn't realize it, but yeah, it's a true story.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Man, it felt like a true story when you watch it.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, it was like a documentary.
Speaker 2: Yeah it did, and apparently, yes, it's a true story. Did you watch the sequel or whatever the show is or whatever?
Speaker 5: Tried right? Yeah, I didn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't.
Speaker 4: I couldn't get into it. I tried one episode. It was like, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Don't know that was based on the true story. Sometimes they be lying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because that ain't the same thing, right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: You know it's it's all work games. But but all right, cool? What about you? Do you have three.
Speaker 6: A Beautiful Mind?
Speaker 5: Yes, that's based on the true story.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm saying yeah.
Speaker 1: I love yeah, I love that.
Speaker 6: I loved his performance in that movie.
Speaker 5: It's really good. It's really I keep seeing him doing this.
Speaker 1: Over that mic mm hmm.
Speaker 9: You don't like it.
Speaker 1: I don't remember, Like man, I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't like that. You're right, beautiful mind, it's really god.
Speaker 2: It looks a little too drama, it is, but I like that it's drama, and I don't really like too many drama.
Speaker 1: But I do like that one though.
Speaker 8: Sorry, Spike, you already said ray is that?
Speaker 5: You said?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 7: Something, pivot and go with Gotti. It's the John Gotti movie about his not the one with with.
Speaker 4: John Travolta. It's one with John Travolta. That's not the one.
Speaker 7: That's another one that came out in like two thousand and eight or some ship like that. But it just go over his rids of power and then the trial and him beating the cases.
Speaker 5: But it's good.
Speaker 3: I was on Max and there was a movie he was in called The Fanatic that I didn't even know it was. It was, yeah, it didn't look good. I never heard of it. But yeah, he's this of course this fan obsessed with the movie started. It looked like he was just doing It's on for a check, you know, because he looked like it's Rainman syndromes, you know.
Speaker 1: But yeah, but nevertheless, what's your second one? Make Raymond's introl.
Speaker 4: This guy he came out, this guy he came out in nineteen ninety six.
Speaker 1: One. Hell, I don't know what else to describe it, but that's how he was. He was just like Walmart said, somebody had Raymond's in.
Speaker 5: Anyway.
Speaker 2: My second one is Zodiac with Jake Jillen Hall. That movie is really good.
Speaker 5: That was based on stories.
Speaker 1: Bro Hey yeah, wow, yeah, yeah. I haven't seen it, and I haven't seen it in a long time.
Speaker 6: I don't think i've ever seen it.
Speaker 1: It's good as long as fuck.
Speaker 2: It's like two hours and forty minutes or something like that, but it's it's really good.
Speaker 5: It's good.
Speaker 1: What's your third one for me?
Speaker 5: Texas Chance on Massacre. Oh yeah, it's not cheating.
Speaker 1: I was waiting for it.
Speaker 10: That's true story, kind of exaggerated.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but I couldn't inspired by true events.
Speaker 10: Yes, that game was a real person, so therefore it's inspired play all right, This is my last one, last one paid in for Oh that's good. Absolutely wait wait wait wait wait yeah, that's a true story.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I didn't know that.
Speaker 9: Does it say those are known drug dealers?
Speaker 5: It's a documentary on it with his sister.
Speaker 1: I did not know paid was a real story.
Speaker 5: It's it's like his sister.
Speaker 7: Inspired by his sister is telling the story on YouTube, like she goes by the scenes and tell you about the different people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they came. Talk about the the.
Speaker 2: Guy he played play al Al he talks about Yeah, Wow, he was.
Speaker 4: Doing some crazy stuff.
Speaker 1: I figured that interesting.
Speaker 7: I read the guy's book who the guy who read I read it. I read this is back the guy who would Harris plays His name in real life is a z Faison.
Speaker 4: And that's like a fake ass name. I mean, it's the name of his book, like a superhero. But his book is really good. Learned something new today.
Speaker 8: My last one is hip Man. It's not a true story.
Speaker 9: It is suspect.
Speaker 1: I'm about to give me all the movies. You gotta watch it.
Speaker 4: What is it about movie?
Speaker 1: There's no way it Man is a truth? What is it?
Speaker 2: Man was a real wing Chun grandmaster and Bruce Lee's teacher. But the movies are highly fictional. But I mean if text chance on master accounts, then discounts.
Speaker 1: I did not know.
Speaker 5: The teacher he was teacher. I don't know that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, watch the movie.
Speaker 5: They're good, really good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, they are good. But that's why I thought they were fake.
Speaker 5: The subtitle.
Speaker 2: Why I don't think it is subtitled.
Speaker 1: Know nothing, I don't know. I remember I haven't watched it for so long.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, that's hilarious.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it is like he was prepared.
Speaker 3: He knew that was coming, right, right, Hey, what's your final one?
Speaker 6: My final one is subjective? But girl interrupted, that's a good one.
Speaker 1: I didn't know the true story either.
Speaker 6: It's based on saying the case it's a memoir, is based on her memoir.
Speaker 5: But yeah, that was that was that prince?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's printing Apollonia.
Speaker 5: What it was like, it's a movie about it?
Speaker 6: No, guys, No, oh my god, nothing to do with friend.
Speaker 5: Have missed that?
Speaker 1: Have you never seen that? In the Mental Institution? On a ride?
Speaker 6: That's a that's a really good movie.
Speaker 5: And I didn't.
Speaker 6: I didn't realize until I was researching this. I was like, oh, yeah, that is based on her memoir. So yeah, that's like a favorite of mine.
Speaker 5: Oh sorry, that was girl sits.
Speaker 1: Yeah the words all right, I'm bad. Yeah, yeah, that was a good one.
Speaker 5: I had that.
Speaker 2: You would love to have more content from frames per second become a patron where you can contribute to what we review and discuss. Our Patreon gives the listeners the power to nominate and vote a monthly discussion and film review, while also nominating and voting on weekly solo reviews from each cast member. You also get the opportunity to vote on the publicly released anniversary film, all exclusive to Patreon. So become a patron at patreon dot com. Frames per second where there are two tears you can choose from. That's Patreon dot com forward slash frames per second.
Speaker 5: What you got the social network.
Speaker 8: I still have not finished that movie like that.
Speaker 9: I mean that you're good?
Speaker 1: Are you serious? I am so serious?
Speaker 5: Who would a sequel?
Speaker 1: Because it's the version that's good Nazi.
Speaker 5: About you don't like it?
Speaker 7: I just don't want will be about Yeah, I don't know what the second I liked it though, I'm all right?
Speaker 8: Was good?
Speaker 5: Don't That is a fact.
Speaker 1: That is a fact. He's talking to him, not you.
Speaker 5: That is very true.
Speaker 2: But we got the guy that the one that played the twin what's his name, Armie Hammer?
Speaker 6: He came from that like he should have started where he was.
Speaker 1: Who's army Armie Hammer?
Speaker 2: He did some perfect, Like, yeah, that's what I knew. His name, I couldn't place it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, his whole family lineages is wild.
Speaker 2: Whoa, I did not know. I like him as an actor, though, but I didn't know he was doing. There was some weird he was paying chicks to like eat their arms or some weird ship.
Speaker 6: Yeah that's yeah. Yeah he played the Twins.
Speaker 1: Got I never remember his name, but I like that.
Speaker 5: You do you like that God's an actor?
Speaker 1: He's fine. See, I like him who Iceberg Eenberg?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like him as a as an actor and this he bodied this one.
Speaker 1: I thought.
Speaker 2: I just never cared about watching a movie about fucking Facebook.
Speaker 4: I would have never thought I would have liked about Facebook.
Speaker 7: It was about it's like, have you seen the McDonald's movie Hell no, The Founder?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, really good.
Speaker 2: Just like yeah, I thought it's interesting, like like he gonna watch anything with pickles in it, Jesus, It's like still.
Speaker 1: Makes me laugh, y'all talking and they put them in movie theaters. This is crazy about that story.
Speaker 7: But the McDonald's story, it talk about how he it went through, how the two brothers just started McDonald's and how they got chipped out of the franchise because the other dude came in and just basically created automation, make everything the same, size, the same, it's the same that, and then he was able to duplicate that.
Speaker 4: But he stole the idea of McDonald's from two brooks.
Speaker 5: It was good.
Speaker 2: I like it like I don't like it as much as a social network, but I'm not. I don't care about Facebook. It's just the story itself and the and the acting, and it was was really good to me.
Speaker 3: So you have a couple of other ones that we're not mentioned running about you guys, last King of Scotland.
Speaker 1: M The only thing good about that is Forsta I heard he did a good job. He does a good job. Don't do that and you cocked one eye when you did it.
Speaker 5: Hilarious hidden figures.
Speaker 1: You're just reading ship now.
Speaker 8: I just wrote down some names.
Speaker 9: These are ones that you.
Speaker 1: Like based on the truth.
Speaker 9: Can we go through other ones that we actually.
Speaker 1: I got a couple that you actually like. But do you have any that you.
Speaker 8: First?
Speaker 9: I'll go first. So the Farewell I don't know that.
Speaker 6: So it was about it's about this Asian family that go back to Glenn.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think is what turned me on.
Speaker 6: I get it, I get it. But she did a really good job. And the movie is really good. And the whole idea of the way Eastern culture handles that in the family was really it was really interesting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, can I do new jack Cony since you did?
Speaker 5: Uh Texas change.
Speaker 1: Jackson, Ain't no truth?
Speaker 5: Loose adaptation, all right? Called the shower Posse?
Speaker 9: Who was he?
Speaker 5: The shower pass.
Speaker 1: Took over apartment complex?
Speaker 7: Loose adaptation, a terrible block, but it's based off a crew that was running in New York.
Speaker 5: Interesting.
Speaker 6: Judas and the Black Massia is another one.
Speaker 5: Oh, that's a real good one.
Speaker 1: That's a really really good one.
Speaker 5: God, he was so good he did killed it.
Speaker 4: Anybody one what about it?
Speaker 7: You don't like your the like the Tupac movie, the n w A.
Speaker 1: You like the Tupac movie with trying to rep it wasn't good?
Speaker 5: Or you like the Big.
Speaker 2: No was ass just based on niggabirds showing up? It was fucking trash. I don't know who he wouldn't say that. He would never say that. You know, it was ad libbed cornball ass.
Speaker 5: What's the name of it?
Speaker 4: I never liking that ship.
Speaker 6: I remember being excited about it coming out because the guy looked so much like But once it came out, it just felt like it felt like a basic docu drama. I like The Impossible, that's the movie about the tsunami with Naomi Watts and Little.
Speaker 1: It was good. Did the huh Michael? Who?
Speaker 5: Michael looked good?
Speaker 6: His nephew.
Speaker 9: It's one of his nephews. I think one of these, like one of his real nephews. So he looks a lot like him.
Speaker 6: They say he sounds a.
Speaker 5: Lot like him.
Speaker 9: Domingos in it.
Speaker 6: Nea Lung's playing Catherine.
Speaker 9: The cast looks pretty good.
Speaker 1: I'm looking out.
Speaker 5: Oh here's a trailer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he put it for a while.
Speaker 6: It's supposed to come out, and I think April it looks legit. I just don't know how they're going to handle the salacious parts because the family so heavily involved, right, which makes me like not really interested, because that's a big reason why I wouldn't want to be to go support it, because of the things that he's been being that it's been speculated about him, and if they talk about it or cover it in some sort of like honest way, maybe I.
Speaker 2: Don't know what happened their idea of an honest way is to act like it didn't happen.
Speaker 6: Even if they're like, like took it from the angle of how it impacted him.
Speaker 2: Oh, they might don't, probably do that, yeah, talking about his we we having different colors and ship. They'll probably cover all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 5: I don't know if they'll do that.
Speaker 10: What part what's something about you?
Speaker 1: Remember that? Right? I do remember something like something like that.
Speaker 2: That was like the major part of the case. Little boy said, your dick is multiicolored?
Speaker 1: Did they might see The Big Sick? Yes?
Speaker 5: I like that movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was with Camille and I was not expecting the movie to be like that.
Speaker 5: It was really good. We watched it. What's the guy? What else he playing?
Speaker 2: He was in the movie that y'all didn't like with Easter Ray that I thought was hilarious. Yeah, love Birds, love Birds.
Speaker 9: About the Yeah, it was good.
Speaker 5: Was so good. That was Yeah, that was a good That's a really good one, Mike.
Speaker 7: I got a TV show Dope Sick, Dope Sick, which was based off the opioid crisis on Hulu.
Speaker 5: Oh, that was really good.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I never watched it, but I forgot about it.
Speaker 5: It was really good.
Speaker 7: And Painkiller, which was.
Speaker 5: I thought we revealed it we did. Yeah, yeah, yeah, m hm.
Speaker 1: Hill's advice is a true story. I heard that, yeah, by the family in Scotland.
Speaker 5: They got oh it's Scotland.
Speaker 4: Oh I thought it was West Virginia.
Speaker 9: I love it.
Speaker 1: They definitely looked like West Virginia. If you can only count five teeth, twelve of them, it's definitely. That's oh good. I think of any others, yeah, Glory and I don't like Army movies. I don't like. And that was the Zel too, wasn't it. Oh good? Yeah, that's a good one.
Speaker 8: That was.
Speaker 1: That's a good one. Mm hmmm.
Speaker 5: Psycho.
Speaker 1: Psycho was based on a true story.
Speaker 4: What's the one with they were talking about making the Jordan shoes?
Speaker 1: Air was? That was on my top list one? It was yeah, yeah, m hm. Air was surprisingly good for me.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I can't think of nothing else. But that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I like mostly like based on true story and y'all mentioned like some of the ones that I had on my list.
Speaker 1: That's what happened.
Speaker 7: No Pursuit of Happiness, man, hell no, I cut that off, be so wid.
Speaker 4: I cut that off when he was fighting them, keeping in.
Speaker 1: The bathroom, cling on the floor. Oh yeah, I still think my holds up a mon's bars in Pursuit of Happiness.
Speaker 5: Wall Street Spike, Yes, absolutely.
Speaker 6: Dug Washing y'a don't like Aaron Brockop.
Speaker 1: I've never seen it. I've never seen it either. Man on Fire.
Speaker 5: That's not a true story?
Speaker 8: Is it.
Speaker 1: True story? Yeah? Wow, I didn't know that.
Speaker 6: That's very loose. The other one that I had thought about was my Rainey's Black Bottle that.
Speaker 1: I like that artist. Yeah, they sold there at the end. Yeah, I don't have to have more than she was a artist.
Speaker 4: It was a true story, it was not.
Speaker 2: It was about as the true as pay paint the fool is true.
Speaker 5: I never heard that belly being a true story.
Speaker 3: Last three I have remember the Titans. That's a true story, right, Captain Phillips, I never I'm the captain Now.
Speaker 1: I never watched that's just seen racist from the day came out.
Speaker 5: What's the other one? Denzil was the pilot?
Speaker 1: Is that a real? Is that true? That? I didn't see it on the list?
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, I got you.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Last one the Revenet. Oh, I liked the revenue. I think y'all didn't.
Speaker 6: Like it with the bear with the bear like I thought.
Speaker 9: I thought we did.
Speaker 1: Not we did, I think we did.
Speaker 2: It was like, it's not realistic. It was ridiculous that he got sucked up by that bear.
Speaker 1: I was like, man, that's yeah, if.
Speaker 2: There's one personal earth and get fucked up by a bear and get up and whoop somebody's asses. Leonard, he's a bad motherfucker. Yeah, ask all these little kids to be hanging out with.
Speaker 5: Nobody mentioned I don't think I really love that either.
Speaker 1: All right, well, yeah that's that's just.
Speaker 8: A couple more.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I can't think of nothing else.
Speaker 1: But it's at home. It's like two hundred undred and fifty based.
Speaker 6: On convinced that nothing in the movie industry is original.
Speaker 1: What about the old TV movie about the Jackson? Did y'all watch that?
Speaker 4: I was like, that was must Yeah, that was good, said five heart Beats.
Speaker 5: That's not based on inspired by what?
Speaker 6: I don't even think it's because they weren't a real group.
Speaker 2: But they said it's Temptations, right, that's what I thought, A little Temptations, all of those kind of groups. So it's basically it's based on all of those.
Speaker 5: That's what he told me.
Speaker 6: Townsend wrote that, Yeah, that's he just like made a movie based on what he thought would have happened with them groups they lied. Yes, that's based on this is memoir.
Speaker 5: Mm hmm, Yeah, I used to get too confused. Five Yeah, confused real ones.
Speaker 1: And who the Fabio jack look at this fool? His face looks like AI is he in the movie to Fabio Jackson? Who are all these other Jackson's? No, but I mean they're all mad. They all.
Speaker 9: They had a reality show reality but.
Speaker 8: I definitely have that for that album.
Speaker 1: He was having a bunch of kids that we never I thought it was just that's.
Speaker 5: Brothers kids.
Speaker 1: Are they looking like this?
Speaker 6: They look like him because they have kids with like hispanic and white women by racial baby.
Speaker 2: So he must have got plastic surgery because his his face looks like the plastic surgery face of Michael Jackson.
Speaker 5: Like, look at his nose.
Speaker 6: I mean, didn't they all get the nose shot?
Speaker 1: Did they?
Speaker 9: They all got the nose shot.
Speaker 6: All their noses look.
Speaker 8: Quickly like that's probably mandatory to be a Jackson.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's been broken thirteen times by Papa Joe.
Speaker 3: Probably all right, Well, that's gonna do it for us. We'll catch you guys next.
Speaker 1: Time we are out peace. Jermaine still has a black nose, barely.
Speaker 2: Yeah,