Speaker 1: Live from Vall Hartbeiner and the Crossroads of America.
Speaker 2: It's Tony Katz today.
Speaker 1: So what is the obligation of the athlete to say, well anything when it comes to men and women's sports, or what's going on around the world, or what's happening domestically. Is there some type of obligation? I don't believe that there is. What I believe is that if they are going to say something, they have to be able to back it up. But when something is said so normal, like Sophie Cunningham of the Indiana Fever saying girls sports are for girls, how could that begin to be political? And to make it political is part of this idea of culture war. And if indeed this is a culture war, not having men and women's sports, not having boys and girls sports, well I'm fine with that, and it's a war we have to win.
Speaker 2: That's Tony KATX today. Good to be with you. Jennifer Say joins us right now. She is the CEO and Capo di Tuti coppo.
Speaker 1: Over at xx x Y Athletics xx dash x y athletics dot com you can.
Speaker 2: Buy all your gear.
Speaker 1: There a long history in sports as a national champion gymnast and you're traveling around you have become your own level of star in this space. Along with selling a quality product. You've taken on this culture war head on. But I need to take a step back to make sure people understand where you come from, which is this world of gymnastics. You were part of the nineteen eighty six national team or a part of that group that won in my beloved Indianapolis, Indiana, and you were one of the people who worked with the Indianapolis Star talking about the horror show that was the physician Larry Nasser who is now in jail for his sexual abuse. Is is this what brings you to xxx Y or is this what brings you to the idea of if we're not front and center on these issues now, we're going to deal with massive, dangerous ramifications later.
Speaker 3: That is a great question. Yeah, you're right. I was a national team member gymnasts throughout the eighties, eight time national team member, eighty six national champion in Indianapolis. I was also the first whistleblower about abuse and sports and gymnastics in particular. That was two thousand and eight when I wrote my first book called Chalk Up. That was ten years before Nasser went to prison for life. As you might imagine, the US Olympic Committee and the US Olympic Movement and gymnasts, etc.
Speaker 4: They were not ready for that message.
Speaker 3: I spoke about the national team coach who I traveled around the world with in that book being a known pedophile. That did not go particularly well for me. I was pretty much ousted from that community, but I knew I needed to say it because I didn't want another little girl to go through what I had. And I did work with the Indie Star. They did such amazing work reporting on, you know, the NASA case, And I think what's important to remember about that case is NASA has not won bad apple. That sport is rotten.
Speaker 4: To the core. He was able to abuse for thirty.
Speaker 3: Years because the governing body knew and looked the other way and actually destroyed evidence. So you know, I've been working a heart a long time to try to clean that sport up. I believe young athletes deserve to train with dignity and safety in striving to achieve their dreams. So you know, I've been at this for a while in terms of trying to protect female athletes. So yes, they're absolutely related these two issues, and it's why I care so much about protecting women's sports. That said, I also have a kind of separate, long term corporate career as a brand builder. I worked at Levi's for twenty three years. I was a chief marketing officer for eight and the brand president for two, and so I know how brands can influence the culture. And we lost the culture on this one. Slowly but surely. There was a long march to steal our language and you know, co op the culture with these terrible ideas that men can be women if they just say that they are.
Speaker 4: I want to fight this battle.
Speaker 3: On cultural grounds, not legal, not political. It's the culture we need to win back, and I believe a brand can really help do that with our content, with our product. You know, I want to make it cool to say women men can't become women. I want to make it cool to say these totally normal things like women deserve their own sports and spaces. So you know, that's why we're in this game. But we do make as you mentioned, you know, hot world class premium athletic gear. You don't need to buy some brands that throw women under the bus, like Nike. You can buy from us, and we're just so thrilled to be part of this. And you know Sophie has Sophie Cunningham has thrown this issue into the center of.
Speaker 2: Culture wait for I do, but I want to bring it back a little bit. Talking to Jennifer.
Speaker 1: Say, the CEO, a founder of xx dash x y Athletics xx dash x y athletics dot com. You said a lot there, including utilizing the term long march, which I think was very very purposeful in this way. The abuse of these young girls in regarding gymnastics and the Larry Naser story. If you haven't read it, it's horrifying stuff. You are still making these allegations about US gymnastics today. Your book Chalks Up, which you can find at Amazon dot com. You can go get that and read your accounts, just so we're clear, just so we can put the pin on that and then move on. In your view, that level of abuse, Larry Nasser level of abuse still going on.
Speaker 3: Okay, let me first of all, if you want to know about the whole Larry Naunser story, you can watch athlete A.
Speaker 4: It's a movie on Netflix that I produced.
Speaker 3: It's a documentary. It won an Emmy back in twenty twenty. You the whole story, and it connects his crimes to the broader culture of abuse. Do I want to tell you that that level of abuse is happening throughout the sport. I mean that would be extreme. He abused over five hundred athletes over the course of thirty years under the guise of medical treatment. But abuse of coaches, and I want to just say it's physical, emotional and sexual abuse is rampant in the sport of gymnastics.
Speaker 4: These are very young girls and they are very vulnerable.
Speaker 3: And because it's an individual sport, that one on one coaching dynamic is more intense, I think than in a team sport, and it just invites bad actors. I will say that it invites bad actors. Do I think it's as bad as it was in the eighties when I trained. I hope it's better. I don't know. I'm not inside the sport. People are aware, parents are aware, safe sport exists, there is a mechanism to report abuse. But I will tell you this safe sport is backed up for four years with reports of abuse. They don't even take reports of emotional and physical abuse because they're so backed up on sexual abuse claims. So we need to change the culture in that sport and in the Olympic movement overall. And I think we're on the way, but I don't think it is fixed.
Speaker 1: Now talking to Jennifer Say, the founder of xxxy Athletics xx dash xyathletics dot com, this brings us now into the conversation about Sophie Cunningham, who said something, as I've said on the show numerous times, very normal girls. Sports are for girls. It was so normal. I found it to be unremarkable. And I stated at the time and I have since then, why anybody would make this political, Whether you want to laud and glorify her as some kind of right wing icon, or whether you want to go at her an attacker because you're on the.
Speaker 2: Political left, No part of this makes sense. The rational response.
Speaker 1: Is that girls are not boys, boys are not girls, and girls sports belong to girls. This has of course been seen as somehow we for making that rational points are the biggots. You've got the owner of the Seattle Storm yelling at two girls in the crowd.
Speaker 2: You've got the coach.
Speaker 1: Of the Minnesota Links wearing a shirt that says protect trans kids. You have the coach of the Golden State Valkyries who wants to go out there and say sports are about belonging as opposed to the highest level of competition. Why is it that women seem to be very focused on not thinking that women deserve to be known as women.
Speaker 4: Okay, there's a.
Speaker 3: Lot in there. I want to back up for one store and be clear. Sophie was asked a question in an interview that happened back in February. That ESPN interview happened months ago. She was directly asked a question. She didn't go in there, you know, ready to blow the doors off this thing and put herself at the center of this controversy. So everybody calling her Maga Barbie and all this crazy stuff. It's ridiculous. She answered a question in a very simple and pointed way, and she was very clear to your point in your opener about what she believes, and she said girls. She cares about protecting girls sports and spaces.
Speaker 1: That was it.
Speaker 3: She put the attention back on the girls when the cultural attention has been on the boys who think they are girls. Thank you for that, Sophie, I would say I agree with you. That was not remarkable. What was remarkable was just last week when she was reasked the question after that ESPN interview was published, and she said, I said what I said. She did not back it up. She did not bend any. That was the remarkable part. That was the line in the sand, because a year ago, I'm.
Speaker 4: Not sure she would have stood around.
Speaker 3: I don't want to speak for Sophie, but i'll just tell you every we see it all the time, right, somebody says something and then they back it up when challenged, they bend any. She didn't do it. She stood strong, her spine is straight. Bless her. She is, you know, blowing the doors up this thing. So that's the first thing.
Speaker 4: And I agree with you this whole like mumbo jump though from all.
Speaker 3: These coaches about inclusivity and sports. It's such hogwash. I was a competitive about Sports are about striving and competition and striving for excellence and yes winning. In professional women's basketball, less than one percent of college basketball players make the WNBA. That's exclusive. Sports are about exclusivity. If you want inclusivity, go play pickleball at the Rack Center. That's inclusive, not women's professional basketball. It's so dumb. Sports have all kinds of categories. They have age categories, weight classes. In boxing. No one's saying that heavyweights should be able to box against the welterweight. It's the dumbest thing I've ever heard, but clearly they're talking points went out and that's what they're going with. It's just ridiculous. As far as why are women are our own.
Speaker 4: Worst enemy here, I don't know.
Speaker 3: They are the ones the left has made this political. We are speaking common sense. Men cannot become women, and women deserve their own sports and spaces. It's so simple. I will say it all day long, over and over again. Their position makes zero sense. But they are so loyal and committed to the Democrat Party talking points that they will pronounce themselves more on every day in saying I'm not educated enough. One of the coaches said that to talk on this issue, they will beclown themselves every day to stay loyal to the Democratic Party talking points on this, and it's embarrassing. And every passing day more people abandoned that position. Fewer and fewer people are afraid to stand up and say, yeah, this is ridiculous, not my daughter's sports.
Speaker 1: Let's say that that's true. I certainly hope you're right about that, Jennifer. But in the case of the WNBA, which has become the hot button point, I mean, this is happening in tennis, but tennis has said we don't let men in the sport, and there are women in tennis saying I agree. It's certainly Martina ne Ratchelova has been very outspoken on this subject, and I think, for the most part, very very well. But the WNBA has a commissioner, Kathy and Breck, who has said nothing. It has a coach in the Minnesota Links who wears that shirt protect trans kids, who as a coach in the Golden State Valkyries, who says it's about a belonging and look at what they said about me because of my race, and she brought race into the subject. You have the coach of the Indiana Fever, Stephanie White, who wants to not just heim and haw about it, act like she doesn't know enough about it, engage the idea of I need to get more educated. So as a league, the WNBA has created this problem seemingly for themselves, where they have forgotten that the W stands for women.
Speaker 2: What is your messages both said to.
Speaker 4: Them, well, I would just tell you the culture is moving.
Speaker 3: We have long heard that eighty percent of Americans agree on this common sense issue that women's sports are for women.
Speaker 4: But the vast majority have been silent.
Speaker 3: I know this very well. I hear from them all the time. They're afraid to speak out. They're afraid to lose their job, They're afraid to be called names. They're afraid their kids won't have friends at school. But that's changing.
Speaker 2: That culture shift.
Speaker 3: Is happening in real time.
Speaker 4: What I will tell you is the institutions, they are far behind.
Speaker 3: The mainstream media is far behind. Their headlines don't match where the culture is and where the people are. The universities, the institutions, the teams, the leagues like the WNBA, but they are so out of touch with real people that.
Speaker 4: They are just making a mockery of themselves every day. But this is why it's going to take a while.
Speaker 3: It took ten or fifteen years for us to get to this ridiculous place. We're not going to unwind it with one WNBA season. But the more people stand up, I'll tell you, I was in Minneapolis at the last game and against the Links, the fever against the Links. We had a rally to celebrate Sophie outside the stadium and we outnumbered the clowns on the other side by at least ten to one. That wouldn't have happened a year ago. And in the stadium, you're right about the broadcast. The coach for the Links wore the T shirt about trans kids belonging, and there were lots of people in the stadium that had similar teaes on What was happening in the stadium was not reflective of the broadcast ESPN Lockdown, and they decided to make this a pro trans game. The only people they showed in the audience had those T shirts on.
Speaker 4: I was sitting on the second row on the.
Speaker 3: Court with Riley Gaines. We had xxxy T shirts on. The cameras kept finding us and they would not show us in the broadcaster on the jumbo tron. We met people on in the stadium stopped us as for hugs and photos and autographs. They bought us drinks, they bought us food, and they thanked us. So the story that ESPN wants to tell is not the story of what was happening on the ground. So this is the last gasp of a dying movement and the institutions that are so out of touch with people. But they're going to lose. They're going to lose this battle because we're right and we're speaking the truth and we're standing up for girls.
Speaker 1: And you're you're I mean, I'm going to call it a tour, but you're hitting more of these WNB games. You're coming to my beloved Indianapolis to see the fever. I'm only hoping were able to grab a cigar when you're here. But is this about putting more pressure on well, on them? Is this about bringing more light? Is this just marketing for xxtash xy athletics dot com.
Speaker 3: This is about celebrating Sophie and celebrating Honillie Wilson, the young girl who was at the Seattle game who got spit on and screened at by the co owner of the Seattle Storm. This is about letting them know that they have support for those of us that have been apt as a while, it has felt very lonely. You would not believe, you probably would believe the harassment and threats that we receive every single day. And I want Sophie's obviously getting no support from the league, from her teammates. I want her to know that she's supported. We go in peace and we go in love. We bring balloons, we give out T shirts, we have fun. We get shouted down by insane lunatics who call us terrible, terrible names, which I won't mention because you can't say them on the radio. We just want her to know she's supported. That's really, that's it, and we want people to know it's normal to support her and to say women's sports are for women.
Speaker 1: I'm not one hundred cent sure we're all her teammates are. I don't necessarily need them to make a statement every which way but loose. But your support is something that is seen very very clearly. Jennifer say s e y is how you expel that xx dash x y Athletics dot com. I look forward to seeing you when you are in Indianapolis. I appreciate taking the time to be with the show more to get to keep it here. I'm Tony Katz, and this is Tony Katz today.
Speaker 5: I want you to remind him that if we come through this, when we come through this now, I would all taking seventy million dollars on the chain and kept fighting back.
Speaker 1: Well, it's good to know that the winner of the Democrat primary for Senate is very very comfortable with the kind of expressions that lead you to believe, yeah, is lomist Tony Katz today, good to be here, Good to.
Speaker 2: Be with you.
Speaker 1: That was Abdua. I'll say it, who won the primary. Very very very tight primary by the way, much tighter than the polls showed. Shows a very divided Democrat party in Michigan. And I love how I think it was, NBC News, a big win for the left.
Speaker 2: What are you talking about?
Speaker 1: You mean it's a big win for the communists. A Democrat was gonna win the seat. They just didn't give it to Haley Stevens that they gave it to the guy who wants to connect themselves to being an Islamist. Claims to be a capitalist but wants universal health care, claims me anti monopoly, but only wants government to be able.
Speaker 2: To provide healthcare.
Speaker 1: Good lord, never mind all the people connected to I'll say it like Hassan Piker. So when I say Islamist, when I will say people who want to do away with Cypholis, they I have got the backup to it. This is not where the left wants to be. The Democrats, to the extent that there are so Democrats and they're not all communists, know that this is bad for them. You have a split, a really split Democrat party. Now when you take a look at Michigan, when you take a look at the results, the.
Speaker 2: Answer is now what.
Speaker 1: Alsayd wins with a forty eight point five percent of the vote. Stevens got forty seven point five percent of the vote. The difference is fifteen thousand votes. Actually just under fourteen thousand, nine hundred and eighty eight votes. That's the difference fourteen thousand, nine hundred and eighty eight. That's bad news for the Democrats because you need those Democrats to go out there and beat.
Speaker 2: Mike Rogers. The report Republican.
Speaker 1: Now, all those people who voted for Stevens, they're just gonna hold their nose and vote for else. I ed some yes, because Trump's so bad you have to meet the Republicans. Oh my gosh, it doesn't matter for some. They can't stomach him. They're not gonna stomach this America hater. They're not gonna stomach this anti semi They're not gonna stomach it at all.
Speaker 2: They're gonna listen to all that APAC talk and say.
Speaker 1: This is all stupid talk, because it is all the anti APAC talk is ridiculous talk. But be clear, this is a result that creates huge issues for the left in Michigan in the Senate race for the general election. Keep it here, it's Tony Katz today. There were a couple of stories I didn't get a chance to get to this week already.
Speaker 2: I mean it's been a massive, massive newsweek.
Speaker 1: And one of them was about James tall Rico, James Talafrico as they call him, which I thought that was just somebody saying something once on social media. That's a regular thing. He's an odd guy. Tony Katz, Tony kats today, good to be with you. This is the Democrat running for Senate in Texas. He's basically better O'Rourke, but without all the testosterone. He is the guy who talks about vegan this and vegan that, and then when he wins the nomination, it's pictures of him eating ribs and you're like, this is we see you. You know we've been through all this political nonsense before. We know when someone's full of crap. If you don't eat meat, you don't need me. And if you don't like brisket, don't eat brisket. Don't lie about who you are. It's the last thing in the world.
Speaker 2: You should do.
Speaker 1: But his HiT's his conversations on Christianity that.
Speaker 2: Are so peculiar, that are so I.
Speaker 1: Don't know, I don't not peculiar, not offensive, questionable, Can I say question Because he promotes himself as a a guy who is Christian and and I think there's a there's a specific term for the kind of things that he has done from the pulpit. I would call it a pulpit. It's it's very, very, very odd stuff. And I don't know how it's taken. So tell Rico has been a guest preacher at places and Auburn referred to as a seminarian, Presbyterian minister and seminarian. That's that's who he is, so in in his conversations, in conversations about what I I'm gonna call Christianity, I don't think I'm supposed to call it anything else.
Speaker 2: Am I supposed to just call it religion?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: Because one of the things that he has gotten the most pushedback on is that he has described himself as a Christian who hates Christianity. Was made during a podcast interview. This goes back to twenty twenty one. It's a very very weird thing to say, a Christian who hates Christianity. Well, I don't know what to say about this. He was on this podcast, and that was the quote. I always think of myself as a Christian who hates Christianity, right question Mark. Now this could be put into context, I guess, but it's not for me to do that. Although I would like to understand it, I can't explain for him what it is he was trying to say. And he states that the reason I think Christianity can be powerful in our context in this country is because so many of our political opponents share that kind of tradition. Well, if you're talking about the idea that there are Christians who run for office, sure, but I don't think they hate Christianity. I don't think that that's it. But that's just one of the many odd things that he has discussed. He has discussed the fact that God is non binary, that there are six genders, and you're like, okay, we're done here.
Speaker 2: We're just if you aren't done on the first.
Speaker 1: And I must admit I don't mean to speak with trepidation. It's just I wonder if I sometimes look at my religion. I'm Jewish, and I say.
Speaker 2: What the hell is wrong with us?
Speaker 1: How is it possible that I've got these Jews that so hate themselves? How is it possible that I'm not one hundred years past the Holocaust and this is all happening in America. You don't think I've ever asked like, hey, God, what are you doing? What in the world is this nonsense? But that's questioning. It's different than saying I'm a Christian who hates Christianity. Right, so I walk in with a bit of trepidation. But now as I kind of discuss it out, I think that difference is rather obvious.
Speaker 2: I don't know how Christians.
Speaker 1: Might view that they may have something some connectivity to it, or some scripture that they can pull from something else that's say, actually, what he's referring to is this, So I leave that possibility open. Maybe I'm giving more grace than I should, But better do that with you than to not do that with you. But when you tell me that there are six genders, I'm out. I know I'm out at that moment. Thank you, Cleveland, good night. But maybe the stuff that's most maddening is the equating of Islam and Christianity's equal pathways to truth.
Speaker 2: This is the quote. This is.
Speaker 1: The quote regarding tall Rico in a discussion of this. This was that came out at the end of July.
Speaker 6: Listen, I know personally that I've learned as much about my faith from Salman's tradition, from the Islami mystics, from poets like Rumy, as much as I have from Christian authors.
Speaker 1: I must ask, now, what does the Christian say to that you've learned as much about Christianity from Islamic teachings. Listen, I'm pretty clear on these subjects. If somebody wants to live their life as a Muslims, it's not for me to say otherwise.
Speaker 2: But we're not talking about a religion.
Speaker 1: We're talking about a political system, and I will say that to any Muslim anywhere. I'm not angry about it. It is a political system. My argument is is that I refuse to allow that political system to take hold in my nation because that political system as applied as we have seen it in nation after nation after nation throughout history, is a violent political system that ends up with me being dead and my wife being raped, to my kids being killed. That's what happens now. That does not mean that's somebody who is Muslim is about that whole life or doing any of those things. That would be an insane thought. But you can't deny history, and you cannot deny reality. Looking you in the face, I don't have to deny what Hamas those Islamists have done in Gaza. I don't have to deny what those Islamists have done to the people of Iran. I can see it with my own eyes. And then people say, how dare you a Islamophobia? Oh kiss off, Hassan Piker, That islamis kami loser. He's looking at the results of the election. Where else id else ihaid wins? I was always pronouncing el said it is elsaaid Else. I had wins the Democratic primary in Michigan. He's going to be the candidate for the Democrats going up against Rogers the Republican in November. But the race is so close, nobody gets over fifty percent. He won the race by less than fifteen thousand votes, and Hassan Piker is screaming islamophobia, Kiss off, you, loser. Is Lamaphobia isn't a thing, although I will tell you that Islamists are a thing. Their desire for a worldwide caliphate is a thing, and their killing is a real thing. Their destructive behavior is a real thing. They're wanting you to submit or die is a real thing. A real thing can't be denied. Who cares what assign Piker says, him and his whole twitch audience can switch off, doesn't matter. The facts are there. If they want to try and deny them, that's fine. But my job is to say, you can't deny.
Speaker 2: What's right in front of your face.
Speaker 1: How does the Christian engage again this conversation. I've learned as much about Christianity from Islam as I have from Christianity. That's as a matter of just rational talk, you and me having a bourbon on a barstool. That's not how this works. That can't be how it works. That's a peculiar, peculiar thought that you've learned more about Christianity from Islam. It seems to me that's the kind of talk you engage when you're trying to placate, when you're trying to endear yourself.
Speaker 2: That's what that sounds like. That's what it shows.
Speaker 1: And we see this time and again and again where you see the political left working aggressively to connect themselves to Muslims. My problem is to the Islamist Let me give you another example. Today there is going to be a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing on the Muslim Brotherhood that was scheduled for today. It's still going to go on a hearing on the Muslim Brotherhood. Now, do we actually have to question whether or not the Muslim Brotherhood is a terrorist group or should we say terrorists adjacent to make sure the lawyers are all okay, terrorist align terrorist supporting. Are we really questioning whether or not the Muslim Brotherhood is a terrorist organization because it's designated one by Egypt, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Bakaray and Russia, Argentina, Kenya, in Germany, amongst others, it is a terrorist organization. Republicans are having this hearing on Muslim Brotherhood activities in the United States, Democrats have decided not to appear at the hearings. Democrats on the Senate Judiciary Committee.
Speaker 2: Are not coming.
Speaker 1: Quote, Democrats have no intention of indulging this political creep show. Senator Sheldon Whitehouse of Rhode Island, the guy who joins the only, the all white country clubs. Senator Richard Blumenthal, a Democrat Connecticut who lied about his Vietnam service. Mazie Horono, the senator from Hawaii. Never let your boys grow up, to date or marry women like Mazie Herono. Senator Alex pd You, who charges then Secretary of Homeland Security, Christy Noman, is amazed to get stopped.
Speaker 2: They refuse to show up. You can't say out loud that this is an issue, it's an issue.
Speaker 1: How can you not? How can you stop yourself? How could you keep yourself from saying it's an issue? Of course it is. It's a real issue. The Islamist is an issue the world over.
Speaker 2: I am able to.
Speaker 1: Say, without any level of equivocation, that I don't understand.
Speaker 2: Those who are part of a group called the Hareddi.
Speaker 1: So we're talking about extremely observant Jews, and there's a whole philosophy that you could be so observant that you do not have to serve in the military. Now we're talking about what Israel does here. I would argue that if you live in Israel and their rule is you have to join the military, which is, by the way, not the sign of a healthy society.
Speaker 2: We all understand that, right.
Speaker 1: I like a volunteer military, thank you very much. A military where you're forced into it, that's the sign of serious issues.
Speaker 2: But the idea that.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no no, we just study the religion and that's what we do and we don't have to serve.
Speaker 2: I think that's wrong. I think that is wholly wrong, surreal wrong.
Speaker 1: These are also a group that in many cases despise Israel in and of itself. The thing is real should exist, it's really fascinating. But they live there, they take the protections, they don't serve. I'm sorry, that's wrong, that's nuts. The Islamist is a violent person engaged in violent activities to bring about an end of Western civilization and any other culture. We shouldn't say that that's wrong. Democrats can't bring themselves to say that it's wrong. They cannot bring themselves to say this is a problem, because they're so afraid of losing that voter. They're afraid of being called an islamophobe. They don't know how to tell Hassan Piker to suck it. Who cares what he says? The facts are facts. I didn't insult anybody. I noticed what's happening around me, And what Democrats are saying is we're not even willing to notice. They really are scared, little child bunch. And when I listen to tell Rico, I don't know if I'm supposed to believe anything he's saying. There seems to me like all he's trying to do is endear himself to this group or that group, do whatever he needs to do politically to.
Speaker 2: Get a win.
Speaker 1: He'll say anything. Maybe that's why I haven't run for office. I'm not willing to say anything. I'm willing to watch the movie. I'm just not willing to say anything. You have to know what you believe, you have to say it, and if you're wrong, you gotta be able to say that too. Anyway, just a thought. This is Tony Katz today. Find everything at tonykats dot com. So we're told the deal is coming to reopen the straight of hor Moves. Isn't that amazing I've heard this before. I hope it works. I don't think it will. I don't think it can. I don't think it can be long long term. I think we're all kidding ourselves and all the rest. But hey, hope strings eternal. Tony Katz, Tony Kats today, an absolute pleasure to be with you, everybody. According to President Trump, the deal could come as early as Wednesday, or maybe not. It could happen tomorrow the next day. He spoke about this yesterday evening. Oil prices certainly seem to be happy about it, at least they were earlier in the day, down to seventy five dollars forty nine cents a barrel.
Speaker 2: That's on the West Texas crewed, great terrific. Have faith in it?
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, no, But this is the way the President's going with it, and I can't change his mind.
Speaker 2: This doesn't end until the regime has gone. Just a reminder, but.
Speaker 1: Lower oil prices, lower gas prices, I'll take that for as long as I can get it.
Speaker 2: Find everything a Tony cats dot com. I will catch you all tomorrow. Everyone, take care,