Speaker 1: The France per Second Podcast. Welcome to the France for a Second podcast. I am Spike Lou and today we are reviewing History of Violence. Here today with me, I have Kim Hello. Next to Kin, I have Rode, and across from Rod, I have Mike Yo. All right, So we're doing the History of Violence today, guys. History of Violence is a two thousand and five film directed by David Kronberg. Layer film works in both lean thriller and deep psychological stuff. So the History of Violence is a anniversary film that we're doing. It dropped in two thousand and five and this is the twenty year anniversary of it. I will go around the room here. What did you think about the movie when it came out and what did you think about the rewatch?
Speaker 2: Mike A one of both.
Speaker 3: I love this movie.
Speaker 4: I haven't watched it a bunch of times, but nah, it's I think it's great.
Speaker 5: Yep, Roy, I will say you, yeah, I thought I saw this movie all the way through, but apparently I didn't.
Speaker 3: I was thinking it was a different movie.
Speaker 5: I can't remember what movie that is, but I thought it was a different movie. So I remember some scenes but I didn't remember. But when I started watching, I was like, wait, I don't think I remember this watching this whole thing. But no, I thought it was good. I thought it was good, Ken, What do you think?
Speaker 2: I was bored out of my mouth.
Speaker 3: Both times.
Speaker 1: Well, this is my first time watching it, and I was trying to understand the hype.
Speaker 2: I mean, I get I think the story's fine.
Speaker 1: You know, I guess for two thousand and five, you know, mob killer or whatever and some self imposed witness protection.
Speaker 2: But it was just and I don't know, it was just like, all right, this is cool.
Speaker 3: It did feel pretty basic.
Speaker 5: I can't say I thought it was I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah it did.
Speaker 5: It did like a pretty basic story, but I thought it was still done pretty well though, Like why you look like that?
Speaker 2: No, I'll say, so you saying that you was born out of your mind?
Speaker 3: Kid?
Speaker 2: Did you know the premise of it before you?
Speaker 1: I didn't know anything about the movie, Spike, I went in blind. So did you think what did you suspect there being something going on as far as him living like a double life or having a previous life.
Speaker 2: Only only.
Speaker 1: When he killed the other two people. That's because he did that shit too easy. But prior to that, not like it, like, I don't know, I'm definitely going to go into it, but I know that when it started off like the way they set it up in the beginning, Bro, I had to rewind that ship back. I was like, oh shit, that's what happened because I did not see that ship come when he went back into the hotel and all the motherfuckers were dead, because they made it seem like they were just checking out.
Speaker 3: What I think that, bro, that ship was that shit was dope.
Speaker 5: What do you think was happening, Bron? I thought, that's exactly what was happening. Yeah, what did the man? He's like, what took you so long?
Speaker 3: Or something like that. It was something about the way he said he said with the man. Yeah, yeah, I was like, okay.
Speaker 5: He killed him or whatever. Yeah, when that one when he said.
Speaker 1: That, he thought that originally like just being sketchy as fu.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they looked like gangsters watched.
Speaker 2: I didn't from there.
Speaker 1: Well, what we're talking about is it open the scene with the two drifters they leave them hotel, we see a woman and the girl dead off screen, and that kind of says the tone for the movie.
Speaker 3: And you said that I was gonna say, I just.
Speaker 5: Love the way they shot this with the pants and then the zooms out and they kept they kept the camera just one shot, not not not like one shot scene, but like they kept the camera in the same spot and they just panned it and moved it.
Speaker 3: And I thought that was a really really dope way of telling the story.
Speaker 1: Then the thought about in a particular scene throughout the movie, in this.
Speaker 5: Particular scene, they did it a couple of times, but I definitely noticed to hear what They pulled away from the hotel, panned over and they kept the camera on the opposite side of the car, and you see them conversing right there. It don't cut to him, cut to him. It's just one shot and they panting it over and he just moved the car up a little and then you see him come out the door. I thought that was really dope.
Speaker 2: The way they executed it was it was it was creepy.
Speaker 3: Creepy. Yeah, yeah, it made That's what I think it was. It did make it feel creepy.
Speaker 1: Why do y'all think that they started with violence before we got to the even into who any of the characters were, Mike, since you looking.
Speaker 2: Like that.
Speaker 4: This goes to y'all hurting my soul saying this is a simple ass story. Actually, you know what, let them answer. They don't try to steal my hands.
Speaker 1: kN being the first one, first time, rod Rod, why did you think.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm trying to get somebody to take the baby?
Speaker 3: Come on?
Speaker 1: So my question, Ron, why do you think they started with their violence and all the descriptions stuff you said before we even meet any characters.
Speaker 5: I mean, yeah, just to kind of set up Yeah, like, what what are we dealing with? They have to set that up somewhere even even I think what really set that off was them killing the little girl or whatnot, them killing you know, the staff and all that, because they are gangsters and they trying to bounce from town to town.
Speaker 3: That was that was I felt like that was pretty basic.
Speaker 5: But when they but when they did, when he shot the little girl, I was like, whoa, Okay, this is another.
Speaker 3: Level of killer, another level of what's the word I'm looking for with somebody? Just don't psychopaths. I don't even say psychopaths something like that, but I don't know. It just showed another level of killer.
Speaker 1: So we really killed a little girl?
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, what you thought he missed.
Speaker 2: Real, we didn't see we didn't see the body.
Speaker 5: We heard the body, he said, and the other the other scene was an image cut.
Speaker 3: So she cuts to the other girl screaming from a bad dream.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that implies that that's what happened.
Speaker 1: For a second, I thought, uh uh, that little girl was like she was just having a nightmare, and that Tom Stalls was one of the other guys.
Speaker 3: Girl didn't look nothing like that little girl was like Mexican or some ship.
Speaker 1: It's not something's wrong with her, that something's wrong with Mike. What's your answer? My answer is this movie.
Speaker 4: If you just look at the damn title of the film, this is not a simple story, y'all.
Speaker 3: It's really not a wait.
Speaker 1: Hold on time. I'm sorry, what do you think about this damn movie? Because you never said, oh you didn't.
Speaker 3: I did not.
Speaker 2: I was hosting.
Speaker 1: I mean, I liked it when it first came out, but I was bored, like he in the second time around, when she I feel like, once you know, it's sort of like the usual suspects in the sense of once I know what's going on. I kind of thought about it in the beginning. Excuse me, the first time watch kind of thought maybe it could be this, maybe it could be there, but knowing how it's going to end. On the second watch, it didn't resonate as much for me. But I loved it the first time it came up, and when I first watched it.
Speaker 4: I guess I feel that this is not a movie that's like, oh, now, it's not I've probably seen it maybe a handful of times, but every time it's enjoyable.
Speaker 3: But I think the fact that it's called a.
Speaker 4: History of Violence and we're watching the violence and how it affects different people throughout the film, and we'll get to some of the stuff later, some of the symbolism. I really disagree that this is a simple movie. I think it's a pretty in depth movie. And Cronenberg did such an interesting thing with how he broke this down and how he made violence effect everybody differently. But starting off with violence, it makes sense because that is kind of what leads us into the story of these other people and what they're going through and how they're processing thing. So yeah, I thought I thought it kicked off pretty fucking well, like you know when you shoot the little girls, like, oh, this movie's out about no bullshit.
Speaker 2: That makes sense, So you say, meet other people.
Speaker 1: From there, we go to the small town life living of Tom Stall, his wife Edie, and his kids, Jack and Sarah. Tom runs a diron. Jack is being bullied at school. We just get an insight into what's going on. It seems like the ideal suburban family. Did you suspect anything else from this, right?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 5: I knew it had to be something at some point, but I mean, they don't. They don't set it up to where you was suspect anything. They set it up for you to just take it their face value. That's what it is. And we we are to assume that these these guys are gonna come and disrupt this time as well, so but we don't know exactly how that's gonna play out. So then they also introduced, like you said, the bully to it or whatnot, And you know, I don't I don't know if that led down a certain path, but that did make me what I what I want to what I want to bring up a little later. I want about the bullying situation, because I did think it's it's the whole whole family playing stupid. Like at some point, I'm like all these motherfucker's violent and we just you know, everybody's just playing nice.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it did make me think that for a while.
Speaker 2: I feel like we've seen it was a little bit more than meets the eye.
Speaker 1: When they were doing a role play with the chi leader of the dad, I mean, my mom was acting like a chileader.
Speaker 3: I don't remember that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just felt like they weren't as innocent as they seem. I wasn't judging them. I'm not I'm not king chaming at all. I'm not shaming. I'm just saying it seems like it was more than meats toy. Based off that, I actually thought that they seemed vanilla. They seemed like missionary sex people, like, not like role play people. I was like, okay, So I actually thought that was dope because I thought, for whatever reason, that they were like like high school sweethearts or something, and that something happened and they didn't really get a chance to like or maybe they something like that, and that's why they were kind of role playing to have that that, you know, that moment that they didn't have, you know, in the past. Because I didn't know he was he was, well, yeah, I don't know anything about him. You know, I thought the thing with the kid was was interesting because I love the way he kind of de escalated the whole situation. It was like, all right, yeah, you know, you're a man in the in the situation, or you should establish your alpha status and you know, you get this. You did that, and I was like, damn, that shit was dope as fuck. And he just left the kid that looking stupid, So that shit was. That shit was dope as fuck. But yeah, yeah, so you know, it's it's just it's your stereotypical introduction to the family. Rod. I was thinking that those guys were gonna come to this diner and take over the diner and it was going to be a hostile situation the rest of the movie. So at this point, this.
Speaker 2: Is what I'm thinking, So we can continue, we.
Speaker 3: Will you have some move? That's what we moved.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was about the whole did you have some move? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I thought that was a really really, really really important part. They were they were defining the family and when you were talking about oh, it was like they were just some some freaks.
Speaker 1: And I thought that I didn't say it, don't don't put that on I just said it was Yeah, I never said anything but.
Speaker 3: Imbliged you think they freeze.
Speaker 4: But I think that this I thought this was a bit on the nose. So you didn't take anything from them ending that sex scene with sixty nine.
Speaker 2: No, what would you feel?
Speaker 3: I was like, seen nobody do that in the movie.
Speaker 4: That's right, that's right. But if you really think about it, what is sixty nine. It's like the and the way that they were doing it. They were doing it from side to side, so it's like the perfect balance, right, like there was nobody that was in control. I think that that was them trying to establish like this is the perfectly balanced family. The little girl starts crying, they run in and they're all helping. When the dad and the mom fuck, they.
Speaker 5: Are turning side to side and they're both pleasing each other because they are in an equal relationship.
Speaker 3: I actually thought it was a little corny.
Speaker 2: What you got all that from that?
Speaker 4: Yes, because again I don't think this is a simple story. I think that, having watched Cronenberg films, if you watch something and you say, dang, I ain't seen six' nine in the movie in.
Speaker 5: A, minute then you have to, think why is that? Here and why did they end the scene with that.
Speaker 1: PART i thought he was just you, KNOW i thought he was, just you, know you just want to do something, different you.
Speaker 3: Know and well she wanted she didn't want to initiated.
Speaker 4: It, yeah we'll get more into this, later but, YES i think that there was a very specific reason that they did.
Speaker 2: That interesting because sex is a part of this.
Speaker 4: Movie it's a very important part of this.
Speaker 2: Movie mm, hm, damn.
Speaker 3: What the hell WAS i? Watching are you sure you watched? It what did you? WANT i got other parts of the sets BECAUSE i missed.
Speaker 1: That but we go from there to What mike was getting into and we Meet tom excuse, me the two drifters to go to rob the, Diner like kid was, Saying tom quickly kills both of, them way more skill set than people would have thought a small town random man would have. Had first time looking at, it you said you thought it was gonna turn into a hot.
Speaker 3: Situation.
Speaker 1: Yeah when they walked, in kidnapped the, woman you, know and then he cracked the guys out, there pop hop out shot the other. GUY i was, Like, oh this motherfucker. Military but that's WHAT i was going to ask. You once you've seen. Him he was too, comfortable like it was too, easy you, know BECAUSE i was, Like.
Speaker 3: Dad COULD i do something like?
Speaker 2: That you, know but he just he looked.
Speaker 1: Unbothered when he, Did i'm, like wait a, minute so that's, it BECAUSE i thought they were about to wreck havoc and then it was just, over.
Speaker 2: Like, nah Y'ALL e meant the right one?
Speaker 1: Today if, so then at this Point i'm, like, okay, well all, right so maybe they were not doing. ANYTHING i, said, okay so maybe they were part of a, family especially when the car came, up and you, know some The mob family is gonna come to the city and they're gonna be fighting off The mobs family for the rest of.
Speaker 5: The movie in the. City that's WHAT i was, Thinking, Bike and none of that shit. Happened what was you? THINKING i thought it happened like everything escalated pretty. Quickly, ACTUALLY i didn't think they was gonna set it off that, Fast LIKE i thought it was gonna take some. TIME i didn't think it was gonna be a hot. SITUATION i just thought it was gonna take a little bit more time to. Escalate but it happened fairly.
Speaker 3: Quick he. Did, yeah so so, yeah.
Speaker 5: But seeing him do all the you, know the coffee pot, stuff you, know taking the, pistol shooting one all.
Speaker 3: THAT i was, like, YEAH i was thinking to like military or something like. That he might have been.
Speaker 1: The the thing is like it happened, quick and then it was just like a bunch of movie after.
Speaker 3: That what do you mean a bunch of movie after?
Speaker 5: That that's when it's like we had some action in my, right and then it just kind of slowed down all the way till we.
Speaker 1: Get to when he met his Brother. Richie it's just like you live in a. Town if you lived in a town like this and you see what's what's his, Name, Tom, tom Regular tom from the diner get down like, this are you immediately thinking out something?
Speaker 2: Up you think he just know how to defend.
Speaker 3: HIMSELF i don't think he did anything that was that.
Speaker 4: Crazy maybe it was the budget that they couldn't hire like a good ass stump man to do some crazy. Shit but him bopping that dude in the face with the with the coffee pot and then jumping over the, Counter i'm, like, Okay i'm. There but then he got the gun and he shot the one dude and he got stabbed in the foot and he shot the other.
Speaker 3: Guy like you didn't do nothing, special but.
Speaker 2: It seems like.
Speaker 1: INSTINCT i think most people were coward in those, situations just because y'all.
Speaker 4: Some holes of MEAN i.
Speaker 1: Am but he did somebodybody come in The vegan restaurant ready to? Rob yeah you're talking about, like well he did it be in my?
Speaker 3: Head, yeah BUT i don't know if BECAUSE i didn't act it.
Speaker 5: OUT i told him at one, TIME i got the same thing happened in The Papa, Giants LIKE i was in The Papa giants.
Speaker 2: And somebody in my head somebody came and.
Speaker 3: Robbed, yeah that came with guns.
Speaker 2: BLAZING i wouldn't need guns blazing with.
Speaker 3: Two guys the same.
Speaker 5: Thing, yeah two guys guns blazing And i'm, like not, blazing but guns pointed and and, yeah in my, Mind.
Speaker 3: I'm, like, MAN i can probably take this. Motherfucker you know What i'm.
Speaker 5: Saying i'm, Like i'm looking around thinking about. IT i can throw it something at, him BUT i did.
Speaker 1: Not yeah that's.
Speaker 5: Why so that's what jumped. In so it's something like that. HAPPENED i could maybe didn't see myself jumping in at that. Point you, know if if you, know if somebody tried to take, him try about to kill a, woman if it was Like megan or Like sophie sitting.
Speaker 3: There, yeah, yeah he's, like Well i'm Gonna i'm gonna shoot, yeah, yeah your kick, definitely.
Speaker 5: Because i'm already thinking, it which he was already thinking it, too like what he wanted to.
Speaker 3: Do you can kind of see him processing because he.
Speaker 5: Flinched at him and then pointed a gun at, him like because he was gonna do something.
Speaker 3: Tight it actually had to all, right, fuck it's fight a flight.
Speaker 1: Now, well let me ask you, This. Mike did he recognize these? Motherfuckers of course he.
Speaker 5: Did of course he. Did he's the one THAT i didn't. Think, no, no, no, no the first two. Guys, no HE i don't know if he, KNEW i don't, Know.
Speaker 1: And that's why he did what he, did because he knew that they were.
Speaker 4: Killing, YEAH i don't. Know he he definitely the. TROUBLE i don't know if he knew that they were.
Speaker 2: From the from the.
Speaker 3: WHATEVER i never thought about.
Speaker 2: IT i always thought that he.
Speaker 3: Recognized, no you're probably, right.
Speaker 1: YEAH i always thought that it was, like oh, shit LIKE i hope they don't recognize me or some shit like.
Speaker 4: That but either, way even if he didn't recognize, them the dude, said, no actually he must have Recognized.
Speaker 1: I'm not talking About Foggerty, spike not the guy with the, eye about the guys that. Crew, yeah the guys that came in The. Diamond, YEAH i thought he knew recognized who they would like. THAT i think then it't paying to him giving a little look or something. LIKE i thound that he looked at. It and that's WHAT i did like about this. Movie the first time he seen it was something biggieous in the sense of is he do he? LIKE i couldn't tell at, first but then second, watch.
Speaker 4: You, KNOW i think even if he didn't recognize, HIM i think the man he, was the fact that the dudes that all right offer kill, HER i think he would have don't had. To BUT i think those guys must have recognized, him because why were they just so bent on like we're gonna kill?
Speaker 1: Her, NO i thought they were as the movie went, ON i thought they were actually looking for.
Speaker 4: Him, Yes SO i think that they must have knew who he, was which means he must know who they, were because there was no reason for them to kill that, woman, right but he was, like go ahead and do it, offer and that's what he jumped.
Speaker 1: In, WELL i, thought, well the reason WHY i thought that part made sense is because if you're gonna kill the damn little, girl then that part kind of helped explain that these guys don't give a fuck about, anything so they're willing to kill a little. Girl they'll kill, anybody so they don't have any. Remorse but you, know as it went, ON i thought that AS i got more moving and explaining what was going, ON i thought That richie sent they found out where he. Was richie sent them to the town to either verify to go get, him and he recognized them as people from the, crew the, crew and.
Speaker 2: Once they didn't come, back he, comes.
Speaker 1: No, no, no and that's probably why he reacted to kill them in the way that he. Did SO i don't. Know, Yeah i'm adding a lot of this is my first time, watching And i'm just trying to get some insight from those that. Have so you mentioned you Mentioned Carl. Father he came to town as a scarred. Mobster he arrives in town and he, says you know, What tom is not who he Say he is not your local. Hero this Is Joey, cusack Former philly. Gangster of Course tom denies, this and my question to the crew is what Was tom convincing in his denial of Being?
Speaker 5: Cusack he, Was i'm gonna say he definitely, was but he could definitely tell he. Was he was nervous because he kept checking all the news clippings and, stuff and he's, Like, okay why is he concerned about, him you, know his face being out there or.
Speaker 3: Whatnot BUT i didn't think about.
Speaker 5: That, Afterwards i'm, Like, okay that's why he was like that when he was watching the news and all. That but you, know he was definitely convincing THAT i don't know what you talking. About i'm just a nigga on the, diner you know What i'm. Saying so, YEAH i was convinced, that, man these dudes they got the wrong.
Speaker 3: Guy what'd you?
Speaker 2: Think first time watching ause.
Speaker 3: This?
Speaker 1: Guy david did a good job BECAUSE i thought he was just a hero and that's why he was watching the. DUDES i don't think that he was thinking about, like, damn did somebody recognize? ME i think that's why it's so. Complex and while he shot shunned away from being a.
Speaker 3: Hero up To mike's, point.
Speaker 1: That's why this movie is so complex and not really, simple because you. Can't the guy that Played tom did a really good job of just being ambiguous and HE i was, Like, Ron i'm looking at him like he got something he, had BUT i don't got no.
Speaker 2: PROOF i just know you had.
Speaker 1: THERE i didn't think he was hotting anything Until foggerty showed. Up even at that point in this, movie he was a hero. Everybody he was on the news, everywhere and he was just kind of keeping up with it because that's what they're talking, about and he was just a big star in the.
Speaker 5: CITY i didn't even think about the fact that He, Yes, mike what say you did?
Speaker 1: That this whole, situation wh he's coming to the, town he's excusing you of being someone? Else how did He his response, said did you think it was? Ambiguous or do you think he was? There it was telltale signs that he. Is dude thought he was the first TIME i watched. IT i definitely did not think that he was anybody. ELSE i was, LIKE i don't, KNOW i don't know what's happening.
Speaker 4: HERE i don't know what's going. On they're not giving us any kind of explanation or. EXPOSITION i had no, idea had no. Idea what rewatching it now and again judging on the, budget AND i think that that first scene was maybe supposed to be like some super badass.
Speaker 3: Shit so maybe Now i'm just.
Speaker 4: Like, okay they're kind of giving it away that he. Is you, know he's definitely somebody.
Speaker 1: Else speaking of giving it, away we moved to the escalation in school and we see the bully picked back.
Speaker 2: Up it ain't going.
Speaker 1: Away we thought it was gonna go this time, around, though and you see his son beat the living shit out a. Dude at that, point me, Myself i'm, thinking, oh, yeah dude got something else going. On he may Be john cusaid because this is in his. Genes he ain't the type to get bullied. Around he just didn't know it was. Dad and it finally came out of ken first time seeing. This did you put that? Together this was a? Trade what did you think he just went off with his daddy told him to. Do, NO i did put it.
Speaker 2: Together it was a.
Speaker 1: TRADE i looked at it as like he saw that his dad was able to do, it SO i can do it, too and that he was just trying to emulate what his dad was did it Like i'm gonna stand up to, bullies so and he came up with a way to take them both down and that's what he. Did SO i think he just had a little bit more confidence in himself because he showed no signs of being able to fight or do any of that.
Speaker 2: Shit was this nature or? Nurture?
Speaker 3: Bro what do you THINK i think could have went either? Way that's WHAT i was.
Speaker 5: Saying it was a little. Confusing it's, like, well, damn like it is the family in on this whole. Ship but because even the way he was explaining, it he's, like, man you could have killed him or something like.
Speaker 3: That he's, like, yeah you, KNOW i took a light on, Him like you know What i'm.
Speaker 5: SAYING i didn't want to reveal THAT i.
Speaker 3: Had that's how he kind of made it.
Speaker 5: Seem but, nah once we realized like they didn't know who he was, Either SO i was, like.
Speaker 2: Okay what say, you, like did you what do you think they would try to?
Speaker 5: Say, NO i think that this implies WHAT i was saying, earlier that this is more of a complex.
Speaker 4: STORY i think they were showing how violence uh impacts certain, people and the son realizing that his dad was able to get out of a situation through, violence he saw that as being his way out.
Speaker 3: Too. Now as far as why he was able to beat that, ass, yeah it could be.
Speaker 4: Jeans it could be that he was, just you, know predisposed to having that type of fight or flight in him once he realized.
Speaker 3: It but, yeah he beat both of their.
Speaker 1: Asses do you think he wanted to fight him because it looked like he was trying to walk away to until the other kid came.
Speaker 4: Up he was trying to walk, away but you can also tell that he was struggling with, it like part of him wanted to. Fight And i've been in this, situation this exact, situation you, know especially you, know BECAUSE i told you, before you, know WHEN i was bullying in high, SCHOOL i had to use with because that's ALL i, had you, KNOW i had to make a motherfucker feel real, stupid and they left me. ALONE i never got to the point where had to beat up two people at the same. Time but you could tell that he was struggling with, that and then he's wrestling with the fact, that LIKE i want to fucking hurt. YOU i want to hurt. You and then it just it.
Speaker 1: Clicked it was just funny that the parents of that kid became victims of the kid became a victim.
Speaker 2: Away, oh we're gonna have to sue, now and blah blah.
Speaker 1: Blah he had been with me this whole, time and nobody came to my, rescue nobody ateing.
Speaker 2: Me and now THAT i do, this Now i'm the bad guy.
Speaker 3: And you gotta look at.
Speaker 4: It also is he probably would have left it alone if that girl wasn't. There he might have actually walked. AWAY i, MEAN i, know the other dude kind of like stopped him or. Whatever but that girl being, THERE i think added to. It so there was like a parallel between him and his. Dad when his dad was in the, diner it was that girl being there and almost getting killed that made him fucking pop. Off in this, situation it's that girl being there looking, on being like leg that.
Speaker 3: Made him pop. Off so, YEAH i think.
Speaker 4: This is a pretty interesting way that they're showing how the violence impacts other people that weren't even directly involved in.
Speaker 1: It, yes speaking of viot, it there's a confrontation at the. House fogerty his man pull up On tom outside of the. House tom goes. Back you left.
Speaker 4: Out SO i hate to be a, rod but you actually did leave out a pretty important, part this part where he fought the. Kids it follows what it follows the dad slapping the ship out of the. Violence so he went to. School he was.
Speaker 3: Mad, remember AM i getting that? Backwards are you?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: No, no he slapped the kid. After never, mind but it's your point.
Speaker 1: Still it happened after because that's why he ran, off and that's how they were able.
Speaker 3: To BUT i thought.
Speaker 4: Something happened before because he was mad when he went to. SCHOOL i thought something happened before they went to.
Speaker 3: SCHOOL i don't think he was. MAD i think he was actually proud that his dad.
Speaker 1: Was a hero And, ship yeah they all were at this.
Speaker 3: Point it's, possible BUT i don't.
Speaker 1: Remember. Okay, yeah it was just like when he came back and he was he was Talking ship to his dad because he was talking his dad because his dad because he was, like, Well, ship you just did this whole ship like at the.
Speaker 3: Diner oh, yeah because the dad said you, know what are you doing or? Whatever and he was, like well it was you shot him or? Something?
Speaker 2: Brother, yeah he. Did he was like bro at that point he was Like, John.
Speaker 3: Yeah he's definitely. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Ship so we get to the confrontation Johns.
Speaker 3: Christy what's his name Is? Tom?
Speaker 1: John?
Speaker 3: JOHN i think It's John cusack is an. ACTOR i, KNOW i.
Speaker 1: Know that's why when he said, It.
Speaker 3: Joey, joey Joe joey was. Crazy so.
Speaker 1: Now remember the other sets part ye get to. That let's go to the. Confrontation let's go to the conversation at the house. First.
Speaker 2: Fan so there's a confrontation at the house and it was Violid mike.
Speaker 3: Hitting.
Speaker 1: It now they Confront tom outside of his house and he shows no mercy ruthlessly kills both of. Them but the wife notices. This this goes to your, point, Right it's, like does everybody know that he's in on like he Was Joey cusack or are they surprised to see this side of? Him she looked fairly. Surprised did you think?
Speaker 3: Differently by this POINT i did, Think, okay sh she don't, know yeah or. Whatever and then she started asking, him so, okay, damn so he this is just him or?
Speaker 1: Whatever so he pooling. Everybody, yeah my, boy what did you, Think? MIKE i never thought that she.
Speaker 2: Knew never thought she.
Speaker 3: KNEW i never thought she.
Speaker 4: Knew and when when they pulled, UP i think she took off out the room because he said go to your, son right or, no go to your daughter to so he sent her in the.
Speaker 3: House SO i didn't think she.
Speaker 1: Knew like a woman get in the kitchen made me.
Speaker 6: Sad WHEN i get, THAT i got a hand, said After i'm. Done that was really that was so like skip that.
Speaker 3: PART i was gonna be a rod on that part.
Speaker 2: Too what are you talking?
Speaker 3: About when he? Ran it?
Speaker 2: Was, yeah it was.
Speaker 4: Relevant it was relevant because this is the only part of the whole movie that hate.
Speaker 7: Crippled how does dude is stabbing the foot? Yet but how that dude stabbing the?
Speaker 3: Foot how he run the whole way? HOME i was, LIKE i don't like. That that's.
Speaker 2: Stupid it didn't make it because he got home, quick he did the.
Speaker 1: Work he walked because remember at one, point because when he walked, out because the cars pulled, up he was looking out the window and was, like okay she Was she was, like it's more, Reported LIKE i don't look like reported and then because remember earlier he said something about the truck was out of. Gas can you drop me off of? Something and then the second time he they we saw him walking out and it took a right to.
Speaker 4: Walk the word that's crazy that he walked all the way to work after getting that for the, foot and nobody was.
Speaker 1: Like i'll give you a, rock, right, yea it was the hometown, hero, right but but, yeah the ISSUE i had he was right for choking a little.
Speaker 3: Bit i'm saying this, right BUT i understand made my, walk you.
Speaker 1: Know but, uh but the WHAT i WHAT i thought was gonna happen didn't. Happen and the son did, it not the wife BECAUSE i remember that Part rod And mike when he was, like go get, go get the. Shotty So i'm, like when when they were out he was basically being confronted by them and being taken. AWAY i thought she was gonna come out with the shotgun and shoot on and she in the corner hot.
Speaker 4: Again violence affecting that kid, Differently it didn't really affect her like.
Speaker 1: That AND i would AND i will also, think, WELL i would be kind of surprised because remember the when she took the girl out for shoes And foggerty was outside waiting on him and she found the restraining order or. WHATEVER i thought she she did. It, yeah she actually did, it SO i thought at that, point you, know the threat was elevated of who these guys.
Speaker 2: Were so she would have been a little bit more on.
Speaker 1: Edge but she.
Speaker 2: Was she she was. Not she had a hit up, her but she took them.
Speaker 1: Out guy.
Speaker 3: Is, crazy his fucking note and that's a real. Move it doesn't. Matter but like you, know one of my mom's boyfriends and taught me that move.
Speaker 2: And get.
Speaker 3: Because it'll kill.
Speaker 1: You.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah it supposed to do it once and that will take them motherfucker. Out one of my best friends in high school was a black belt in tenth grade and he told me about that. Here you, know he was always, like, man fight back WHEN i was Getting bullieduck's biggest rod and smallest. Feet i'm not fighting. Nobody but he was, like all you gotta do is hit him like that one. Time but then he told me later that if you do it, right that will kill.
Speaker 3: Him So i'm in tenth, Grade i'm, Like i'm not killing.
Speaker 2: Anybody, yeah my father in law talk.
Speaker 3: And the kidney punch might take you down and take you. Down you hit some, money, right the, right, dude that's probably. Why but think about you get, hit you can't even keep the.
Speaker 1: Team like everything was, gone and he did a lot of, this he was he was catch a lot off the wind. Pipe from now we get one of the pillars of the whole, movie As mike says violent, sex saying on the stairs eating And tom have sex that's aggressive and. Painful and the question here is was this because she was turned on by what she's seen whoever Wants oh you have wrapped that? Up this ship threw me the fuck off Because i'm, like what the? Hell because when he snatched her, up because she in front of her like oh your ass really is Motherfucking joey and was talking ship to, him and when he snatched her up and choked, her BRO i was, Like, yo this is. Crazy AND i was hoping he really didn't like commit to, yeah but this you, know, so but you KNOW i, was you, KNOW i guess SO i don't know me, Here, WELL i guess that did? It, Yeah like that's WHAT i took off on this. PART i don't know if it turned her on or not she's.
Speaker 3: SCARED i think she was.
Speaker 4: SCARED i think that in this moment they were trying to show that that perfect BALANCE i was talking about earlier is completely. Gone now violence has entered the relationship and it's. Off the FIRST i watched this, MOVIE i thought this scene was stupid as. FUCK i was, like that was what the fuck they fucked on the? Stairs this doesn't make any. Sense, like but after watching it a few, TIMES i think that they were definitely trying to imply that things are different now that violence has been. Introduced whether or not she was actually turned, ON i don't.
Speaker 3: KNOW i don't.
Speaker 1: Know, yeah because you, know that could be a, trope stereotype or whatever that is being said out, there not saying that it does not. Exist you, know it seems like it's, Possible rod because my thing was, like, MAN i hope like This joey guy is showing up, now because that's what she. SAID i Saw. JOEY i Saw, joey and Now joey doesn't. CARE i, guess going back to What mike was saying about this perfectly semiotic, relationship Now i'm the dominant figure in this. Relationship therefore you will do my, bidding and she conceded out of, fear because remember when she got, up what does she?
Speaker 2: Do she hit it stormed.
Speaker 4: Off SO i always took that they need this open, ended like you're not sure is it a matter of she's turned on or is it a matter of she felt like she was about to get, raped and she went ahead and conceded so she would not be. Raped and then when it was, done he got his nut. Off she bowed and then stormed up the. Stairs i'm still unclear on this, scene BUT i don't know if it's as simple as, OH i saw my man be.
Speaker 3: VIOLENT i. DON'T i don't know if that's what it. IS i really. DON'T i. DON'T i wasn't confusing to.
Speaker 2: Y'all y' said.
Speaker 5: It was like you know because YOU i, mean you hear and see like women wanted to be choked and stuff like, that not in a in a violent in an absolute violent way like, oh but but you've heard people women say, like, yo don't don't show me to WHERE i can't. Breathe just show me to WHERE i feel LIKE i can't.
Speaker 3: Breathe the freak. Couch go.
Speaker 5: Ahead i'm just saying to the table y'all heard this.
Speaker 3: Ship i'm not saying you. Heard don't.
Speaker 5: You know about all that you know about blood, playing you know about flood.
Speaker 4: Playing everything don't.
Speaker 3: All right brand new?
Speaker 5: Now but, nah but, yeah like that's that's the. Thing she seemed like she was genuinely turned. On BUT i can see you guys perspective as. Well and the only thing, too that made me think that because she already tried some freaking ship.
Speaker 3: Earlier she was just like so it seemed like she was into like some kinky. Ship you know What i'm.
Speaker 5: SAYING i think they applied, it like with her wanting to start the kinky ship, before and she's, like this is just some mother kinky ship that she.
Speaker 3: Was what was? Kinky you thought was?
Speaker 5: Kinky just just her dressing up as a.
Speaker 4: Rock y'all laughing to her didn't catch the right.
Speaker 3: Boy he would have just, Clear i'm not doing.
Speaker 1: It.
Speaker 5: Again but she revealed that ship earlier, though she was into some ship and she wanted and, yeah the circumstances were fucked, up you know What i'm. Saying, LIKE i think under other circumstances he wouldn't have got the slap at the.
Speaker 3: End BUT i think she still would have been into, it you know What i'm, Saying.
Speaker 5: BUT i think because of the lying and her not, knowing that's where the slap came.
Speaker 1: From in a role playing, SITUATION i could see what you're saying.
Speaker 4: Exactly exactly but. Not but they weren't role, playing and the very next scene is Not he's like this my ass taking it and if you don't want to give it to, Me i'm really gonna take.
Speaker 3: It that's HOW i took that.
Speaker 4: Scene because right after that.
Speaker 3: They showed her in the.
Speaker 4: Bed she's crying and she has a huge gash on her, Back SO i think that down was from the.
Speaker 3: Stairs SO i think it's like that.
Speaker 5: That the sex scene here was, violent it was, awkward and it was completely.
Speaker 4: Imbalanced she was not in control at.
Speaker 2: All from the previous scene what you're, saying it was completely it Was it was.
Speaker 4: Balanced it was almost like A Yin yang because they turned. Sideways it was, mutual which for most people that Do fix, nine it's not sideways ones on.
Speaker 3: Top they turned. Sideways Yin. Yang you told, Me.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying If i'm reading too much, fun but that's always.
Speaker 3: WHAT i took from this.
Speaker 4: Movie so post it was also, missionary which is typically viewed as the man being in.
Speaker 2: Charge that's, true so.
Speaker 1: Typical so from here we have the reveal man truth is. Revealed tom, like you know what FUCK i? Am joey cusack uh former killer who Ran philly from years. Ago my question to you, guys as he reveals, it he don't get work. Up there is no umph to. It it's just, like, okay it is what it. Is was that from him being guilty from? It or was he detached from that life he?
Speaker 2: Buried he said he buried, It but did you see any? Guilt could you notice any guilt with how he? Delivered, yes this is WHO i.
Speaker 1: Am it didn't seem like to, me it didn't seem like he was sorry About he didn't care when he revealed. It he was to who he was well at this point he was. Caught, well so it was just like all, right, fine you got. Me but he really didn't. Care it's like it is what it is when the reveal came, out not when he was talking To i'm.
Speaker 4: Honestly trying to remember when the reveal came. Out who was he talking to when he was finally like all.
Speaker 3: Right, Cool so you went back a little.
Speaker 2: BIT i went back a little, bit was talking to.
Speaker 5: Five he, SAID i should have killed you back In, Philly jersey or wherever he.
Speaker 3: Was and that was in the front.
Speaker 4: Yard, okay that's WHY i Was, Okay i'm not. Trying remember when the sex. HAPPENED i thought the sex. Happened it was after.
Speaker 2: That it was after that he JUST i just skipped.
Speaker 4: Around so he killed them and then they had. Sex when did he have to go with?
Speaker 3: Buddy? When, GOD i guess that was When.
Speaker 2: RICHIE i Think richie kind of know, him And richie that was on the car took in front of mab.
Speaker 3: Boss, Right but what made him leave What I'm richie called, him that's, Right.
Speaker 4: Richie called him on the. Phone that's. Right, okay, now.
Speaker 1: Yeah but but the cat was out of the back at this. Point he didn't you have the reveal was, yeah the cop was even, like, yeah this ain't add. Enough but but even when when this motherfucker is, heartless you, know because when he when he was talking when you, know the wife and and the mom, wife when.
Speaker 2: He was having an argument with his wife about you, know who are?
Speaker 1: You what are you? Like who is this? Person? Blah blah, blah and he, said Why tom stalls this motherfucker because it's.
Speaker 3: AVAILABLE i was available. Too, YEAH i felter on that that was a good.
Speaker 1: Line that was a good. Line but, WELL i mean, yeah but that show like it kind of showed. That, yeah, yeah because it was. Available there's no real reason WHY i took.
Speaker 3: It and it was just LIKE i thought it was.
Speaker 5: GONE i THOUGHT i thought he was gone by the way he was talking About john like he was skit.
Speaker 1: So and he kind of went back and forth to yeah about Between john and And joey and.
Speaker 3: Said i'm Sorry. Joey. Yeah it was kind of a stupid ass.
Speaker 4: Question, though what Why tom starts if you if you are picking, up Then i'm a. Gangster why you ask me WHY i picked this? Name what difference he?
Speaker 2: MADE i didn't really?
Speaker 3: Name is just our, Kids and that's. Funny my whole question was what what triggered?
Speaker 1: It it? Was it?
Speaker 3: Was it? Was it was it.
Speaker 5: The dinner when he had to fight at the dinner That John joey coosad to come.
Speaker 1: OUT i think it was a dude coming to look for. Him, now, YEAH i think it was. That, YEAH i think his.
Speaker 2: Family, YEAH i started looking following my.
Speaker 1: Family she brought it out on their.
Speaker 2: Case Bro joey back now, then DON'T i thought it was?
Speaker 5: Her it was, like it's all her. Fault it's all her. Fault this ain't the mobster's. Fault this is her. Fault she came in. There tell every since then he was he Was Joey. Cusack after that he was Joe WHICH i have to say about the, trip.
Speaker 3: Y'all, y'all y'all third, eye that's what you gotta be.
Speaker 1: Doing this sixty nine.
Speaker 3: Joy man out of, that out of just in, time this time for the.
Speaker 1: Dynasty what did y'all think about the trip that he took To philadelphia to confront the mob?
Speaker 3: BOSS i, like all of this brother was. Crazy, yeah but what is that also?
Speaker 4: Mean because he's wearing a, cross but they rarely ever focus on.
Speaker 3: It so maybe Maybe jesus brought, it you, know took him no for, Real maybe.
Speaker 4: He Found jesus and Found god and found religion and that got him away From. Cusack but then these motherfuckers them brought them back.
Speaker 1: Out yeah he. Was he wasn't even trying to entertain because that guy was, like, yeah just finish your. Beer and we can. Go he was, like, man take this, ship bro, right you, know let's. Go it was it was kind of, honestly everything was dark and. Creepy i'm, like, bro do you even like nowhere you're? Going? Like are you in your peas and? Cools, like what's really? HAPPY i didn't give a at that.
Speaker 2: Point, YEAH i think he was just like seeing. Red at that, point he was seeing.
Speaker 3: RED i didn't see. That he seemed like he was trying to be.
Speaker 1: Nice, yeah with, RIGHT i thought he was trying to get out of there straight and.
Speaker 2: VENGEANCE i thought he was trying to Get richie to back.
Speaker 3: Down, no he was.
Speaker 2: Reach he threatened this family came to the WAY i. WAS i was laying.
Speaker 3: Low you know WHO i.
Speaker 2: Am you know What i'm capable of period kill you today.
Speaker 4: Living this, life or at LEAST i, mean we can guess that the that the sun was, sixteen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right fifteen high.
Speaker 4: School we could guess he's been with his wife at least a good seventeen eighteen, years so he's not been cusack for at least eighteen.
Speaker 1: Years that's what he.
Speaker 3: Said he, said you've been this other guy for as long as you've Been John Joe. Joey, oh, yeah he did say. That he did say. That that was actually an interesting.
Speaker 5: Line he, said you've been this new guy for just as long as you were the other, guy so we can we.
Speaker 4: Can he's lived half his life as this new. Person he clearly loves this. Family this dude shows, up this guy haven't spoken to in eighteen, years shows up and threatens my.
Speaker 3: Family Or i'm killing.
Speaker 4: You, YES i don't think he was ever going to go in there and be, like hey, man can we just be?
Speaker 2: Cool, nah he's just sleeping.
Speaker 3: Alone, right you gotta.
Speaker 1: Die because you gotta think he can't even if you go up, there you convince him to leave you, alone you don't know how long it lays in his mind in two years and come back looking for. You so why why did He why didn't he try to kill him until he tried to kill.
Speaker 3: Him maybe he didn't know where he was until.
Speaker 4: That maybe that's why he gave in and let that dude drive him up, there because he didn't know where how to get to.
Speaker 3: Him What i'm, saying by the time he got to the, house he seemed like he was in some.
Speaker 1: Peace my, Brothers, yeah that's HOW i kind of. Ready it was, like what CAN i do to resolve? This to get you.
Speaker 3: To you know.
Speaker 1: SEE i think that was That tom stole. SHIP i feel like he was playing. POSSIBLE i do.
Speaker 3: TOO i think that was like a.
Speaker 1: Watch it again IF i could pick up on. IT i feel like he came In tom Rich they're saying he came. In, wait, no they're saying they came. In he came in As, joey but he was pretending.
Speaker 3: That that's WHAT i.
Speaker 4: THINK i think he went in there and he played that to see what he would, say just to see what and and to, like you, know take him off his, guard make everything seem. Calm BUT i Think tom went in there for that action Or Tom.
Speaker 1: Joey And richie mocked him for, it refuses to forgive and ordered this man to kill.
Speaker 2: Him would you have to take?
Speaker 5: SO i thought that's when he was just, Like, okay you're trying to kill, Me i'm definitely gonna kill.
Speaker 3: You.
Speaker 2: Maybe, Well i'm With, richie like how you fucked this? UP i didn't like.
Speaker 3: This he could have been done way.
Speaker 4: Better it was just too sloppy and the stunt coordinating was bad and it was just like all, right, man this doesn't even really make a lot of.
Speaker 3: Sense and your brother is that bad of a. Shot he was as close to to to him As rod is to.
Speaker 4: Me, yeah and you missed my, boss and you're my. Boss you've used this gun.
Speaker 3: BEFORE i would assume you.
Speaker 4: Missed come, on. Bro, yeah they could have done this scene a little bit. Better it didn't hurt the, movie but it wasn't.
Speaker 1: Awesome, yeah that was that was part of, This like he didn't really seem like he was this because they were they were talking him up like he was that, guy he was that and it was like the action and it didn't really uh you, know portray that.
Speaker 4: Except when he stopping that dude next.
Speaker 1: Man yeah it's.
Speaker 2: Hard, yeah but he was moving all slow and ship.
Speaker 3: Exactly that's WHAT i talking, About like the sun. Board he was not very, like.
Speaker 4: How why are you beating ass that?
Speaker 1: Slow?
Speaker 3: God damn.
Speaker 2: All, right beat ass? Slow then we get To tom beat his. Ass, YEAH i don't, know it's A kiki show.
Speaker 3: ALREADY i don't know What spike over The Let.
Speaker 1: It go did weird the way he kissed him on his. Cheeckens oh, yeah it. Was it was sloppy, Dude it's not like it was a wet kiss the way you.
Speaker 3: Can't it must be his.
Speaker 5: Brother it was just the way he, kissed kiss your brother like that.
Speaker 4: The white people do, though like gangster mom what watch you?
Speaker 3: Know they all do that. Weird, yeah but it was just the way he did it though it was. Kissed, yeah it a little, like, MAN i missed, you bro, right he had some weird ye.
Speaker 2: Fast one to the last half of the movie Rich Over.
Speaker 1: Ahead he Kills richie with his bare hands and just washed itself off in the, Backyard, like didn't?
Speaker 3: Happen was it?
Speaker 4: Surprising this movie could have used a little bit more time because him just like him fiddling with the, keys and he looked up and his.
Speaker 3: Bow shot in the. Head oh, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah you. Know and did y'all see his face? Change So richie's face changed he got shot in the. Head, yeah and what like when he got, shot his mouth was, open and then when they cut back to, it his mouth was.
Speaker 2: Closing his head was in a different. Spot damn well he.
Speaker 1: Fell he was already, dead, Bro your head ain't supposed to move, over, like BECAUSE i rewound it.
Speaker 5: BACK i was, like, wait did they get that shot different DID i didn't catch, that BUT i believe.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Should the movie ends By tom returning, home sitting at the dinner. Table everybody sits in. Silence you look At, eating she has some uncertainty in her. Face, wait what's the wife's? Name said? Eating? Eat, yeah and then you look At, jack who is cautious to say the least.
Speaker 2: Because he remembers.
Speaker 1: That so so they left really. Ambiguous and as a, VIEWER i want y'all and we can wrap the y'all think that they go back to just being a regular family or is it something that for the future that they going to.
Speaker 3: Be that's what they imply to.
Speaker 5: Me that what they accepting him as the father of the family by offering him the meat loaf and the food and all that she fixed his dinner.
Speaker 3: Plate and, YEAH i think there's, like, okay we you, know it's almost like is it. Over they was looking at him like is it? Done is it?
Speaker 5: Over and, yeah they accepting him back and he was emotional about.
Speaker 1: It, yeah and with the new terms of, this but the dynamic will. BE i thought it was interesting that it was the little, girl the one that didn't have anything happened to, her you, know did you that one line she, Had oh my, god something about the.
Speaker 3: SHOES i, thought your, gun take me get some, shoes my meat.
Speaker 1: Somethody it was pretty bad, anyway but she was the one that made when it got the. Plate but she was also the one that didn't have any violence enacted upon.
Speaker 2: Her so for, her she don't even look at the.
Speaker 1: Dad that's still that the same.
Speaker 2: Thing, yeah that damn.
Speaker 3: Simple what you think about?
Speaker 2: It shut?
Speaker 1: Up so, ANYWAY i only watched. It it was late. Too but, anyway but this WI i like talking through. Ship but, anyway.
Speaker 3: The sun.
Speaker 1: Slowly Hesitant Harry.
Speaker 5: Catt took the meat loaf and put it over that way you can get, it you.
Speaker 1: Know he gave him the whole meat loaf, ride.
Speaker 3: Not a piece of. It what you, want, bro you want my.
Speaker 1: Peace the wife was just.
Speaker 3: She, was who AM i please let.
Speaker 5: This be to please let just bet.
Speaker 3: With? That with, That joey did? Okay you know at the.
Speaker 1: Before we, wrap one question THAT i have Was tom protecting his family or did he drag him into his?
Speaker 3: Past he protected? HIM i, thing, yeah, yeah, YEAH i MEAN i kept the.
Speaker 5: Innocence it's like keeping the innocence of a child, like, right you don't, like it's the same thing he was trying to do with his.
Speaker 1: Family they got they involuntarily got wrapped up in that world and they just didn't know how to process, it you. Know so the mom, NATURALLY i think all them kind of had naturally emotional, reactions especially the wife because was, like who.
Speaker 2: The fucking my? Marriage you, know and even the sun was.
Speaker 1: Reacting he was a bit of an asshole because when he come, fronted he was talking, about, oh what happened IF i say, this, WELL i get whacked when.
Speaker 5: WHAT i did, right you, Know i'm that you know WHAT i got.
Speaker 4: These you want to experience? This but asking mama about.
Speaker 5: Any final, thoughts there's definitely a story of your past coming back to haunt you type of. Situation so, now LIKE i, said, MAN i still stand BY i think it was a little basic in my, opinion but you, know but good at the same. TIME i don't mean basic as this basic ass movie was boring as. FUCK i don't mean it like. That it's just, like you, KNOW i didn't have to wreck my brain to try to figure out.
Speaker 3: Anything it looks the story seemed Pretty.
Speaker 1: It doesn't seems service LEVEL i think talking it out you can get you, know layers d probably IF i watched it, again MAYBE i. Could and now THAT i know the, STORY i could start to see like the intricacies. There because WHEN i saw it was it Was David rodenberg that did, IT i was, like, well, DAMN i normally know him to do like more layer in, in you, know stuff like. That SO i was surprised that that was the reaction to feeling THAT i had off the first.
Speaker 2: Watch but BUT i. AIN'T i ain't gonna even lot of.
Speaker 1: Y'all i'm not gonna watch it, again but BUT i do like BECAUSE i don't need to watch it. Again but just like the the violence and how violence we get, violence talking that THROUGH i think is is. Dope so so, yeah last, Words, mike.
Speaker 4: No, Man i'm at least glad that everybody liked it for the most, part that nobody hated.
Speaker 3: It But i've been teasing.
Speaker 4: Y'all but, yes the very first TIME i watched, IT i agreed with Rodding ken one hundred. PERCENT i was, like that ship was a simple ass. Move But i'm meant it more than. NEGATIVE i was just, like all, right nothing. Happened it didn't really click until a buddy of mine was, like, no it's croning.
Speaker 3: Bird you need to go back and watch it.
Speaker 4: AGAIN i was like the movie where they fucked on the stairs and he ran home with one.
Speaker 3: Foot that's. Stupid what are you talking?
Speaker 4: About but WHEN i sat down and stopped being, PAYHEADED i was, like, OH i see, Now, OKAY i get. It so now it's a good it's a good, movie clean hour and a.
Speaker 3: Half, yes, yeah they.
Speaker 2: Didn't oh that was the best part for. Me they. DIDN'T i was just it was, Late, mike it was like ten AND i you.
Speaker 1: Know, anyway all right. Man that was our review for the anniversary of the MOVIE A history Of, violence which came out in two thousand and. Five to twenty, anniversary this has been The france per second. Podcast we are. Out what did y'all watch?
Speaker 3: It