Speaker 1: Hi, Oh, let's go oh, Let's go oh, Let's go oh, Let's.
Speaker 2: Go Charlotte BARTA seven point nine f M WBT Brett Jensen here with you on this Thursday night edition of Breaking with Brett Jensen as we go up until seven o'clock tonight, seven oh four five, seven oh one oh seven nine.
Speaker 3: That is the telephone number.
Speaker 4: That is also the WBT text line driven by Liberty Buick GNC and guys follow me on x at Brett Underscore Jensen for all the letters and breaking news in and around.
Speaker 3: The Charlotte area.
Speaker 4: So I didn't get a chance to really get into this yesterday, but we've got some stuff that we are going to get into tonight. And a couple of the segments deal with Senate, the United States Senate. But both of these topics deal with the state of North Carolina, because that's generally the only time I talk about the Senate is when it specifically deals with North Carolina.
Speaker 3: And we'll deal with more of that.
Speaker 4: I got some more stuff that I like, stuff that I've got to do tomorrow, like press conferences with the state senators and state representatives and sheriffs.
Speaker 3: And all that other stuff.
Speaker 4: So I'll be dealing with that tomorrow, and a lot of the show tomorrow night will be dealing about that, and I'll explain more.
Speaker 3: But we're going to start off tonight.
Speaker 4: With the latest poll that came out, and I've made mention to it earlier in the week, made mention about it.
Speaker 3: It's called the Public Policy Polling.
Speaker 4: They did a poll that came out of I Believe on Monday, and it had Cooper only up by four points after every single poll.
Speaker 3: And I kept telling you, I.
Speaker 4: Like, like, all these people kept calling me and getting me upset or getting upset. Oh my gosh, Whalley's trailing by nine points, while he's trailing by twelve points. He's trailing by seven points. And I kept saying, what month is it. We're in June. We're in June. Well, while he's not advertising, Yeah, okay, we're in July. We're in July. So and here's what I always ask people. Let's say Watley starts advertising August first. Hypothetically, by the way, he's already started, but I'm just saying August first. We know Cooper's been advertising for the last week and a half, two weeks. I saw him during the my British Open coverage a few times today, and every time he came on, I cussed out the TV true story, true story. There may have been some four little words coming out of the mouth. So anyways, by the way, in one of the ads, as soon as I grabbed the audio, I try to grab it today, I will break it down. He's literally lying, literally lying like not not like well that's your opinion, No, I mean literally lying in these commercials, I keep criminals behind bars. Well except for the forty two hundred and fifty that you let out. Neimrod. By the way, has there ever been a bigger Nimrod? Like people of a certain age will know what that means. Nimrod? Anyways, like I always called him melbowtoast because he's flavorless.
Speaker 3: He's like a rice cake flavorless.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, Wannie, better you than me to those damn things. But so anyway, so the Public Policy poll came out and I kept telling you it's like, well, he hasn't started advertising. I said, yeah, I want to make this point. Well, yes, he hasn't started advertising yet, but do you really think it will make a difference if he starts advertising August first? As opposed to July tenth, you really think, and he's advertising all thirty one days in August and all thirty days in September and all thirty one days in October, you really think an extra two and a half weeks is going to make a difference in July when people are on vacation. You think people will mattter. You think that will matter. By the way, it was announced earlier this week, Like I told you that Watlee has just announced in a seven figure digital campaign.
Speaker 3: In terms of advertising, you know.
Speaker 4: Digital, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok, anything digital. He's now starting that, which means I have YouTube TV, which means I'll be seeing what ly on my television. I wonder if he'll throw out just flat out unadulterated lies. I believe in public safety and keeping criminals behind bars. Well except for the forty two hundred and fifty you let out, including murderers, rapists, and child molesters. Okay, I saw Cooper's at today and I went, that is the ballsiest ad I've ever seen. To flat out look into the camera and just flat out lie through your teeth like people are unaware of the forty two hundred and fifty people you let out. So this Public Policy poll comes out on Monday, and the poll is put together by a Democrat group. I mean, they don't work for the Democrats. Just the people that are doing the polling happened to be Democrats, and they don't hide it. It's a leftist polling group. And shocker, about ninety five percent or ninety percent of all polling groups are left. Why do you think the New York Times and the Washington Post and ABC and CNN, they always had Trump losing to Kamala Harris. He smoked her smoked, I mean smoked.
Speaker 3: So now his public policy poll ran by Democrats.
Speaker 4: They have Cooper up only four points and Wiley hasn't even started advertising yet four points. And there are and I keep telling everyone this. All the polls had Donald Trump losing three straight elections in North Carolina. He won all three. The one against Kamala they had him losing by two points. He won by three and a half. Joe Biden, they had Joe Biden I think went in by six.
Speaker 3: Or five five points.
Speaker 4: Trump won beat Biden in North Carolina, beat Hillary in North Carolina. If I'm not mistaken, I believe ted budd was trailing in the polls most of the time until election day, and then he beat Anita l Or I think, yeah, Nita Earl's I think that's her name, Supreme Court Justice lady. I mean, haven't you learned that the polls mean nothing? And by the way, in all those polls, how many times did Roy Cooper get more than fifty percent, even when Michael Wattley was getting in the thirties. You can't get more than fifty percent? Really, okay? And now you're on television, flat out line like the commercial that Roy Cooper did.
Speaker 3: Just like what I said earlier in the week that.
Speaker 4: Ken McCool handed Tricia Coffain a gift on a silver platter by not knowing what the hell he was talking about when it came to paying back the state of North Carolina, and the NCDOT clearly had no.
Speaker 3: Clue what he was talking about.
Speaker 4: Like truly, but that's that Connecticut Broadcasting School coming education coming into play, well, Cooper, by looking straight into the camera. I believe in keeping criminals in crime in jail. I believe tough on crime. Oh okay, you handed Michael Wattley a gift on a silver platter.
Speaker 3: Now, let's see if.
Speaker 4: Michael Wattley literally takes that commercial that Cooper did and then puts all these things except for the forty two hundred people that you let out of jail, including all the murders and all the rapists and the child molesters that you let out of jail. Oh, and you were marching with protesters not wearing a mask while you were making everyone else wear a mask or they would get in trouble. Okay, ballsy, Ballsy. As a matter of fact, Buddy, Mine just texted me Jesse Helms, like, I know a lot of people don't like Jesse Helmes, and there's probably a lot of reasons not to like Jesse Holmes, sort of like strom Thurman. One was Republican, woman was a Democrat. They're pretty much the same person. But he said he had a quote. The quote says, I never want a poll, but I never want lost an election. That's the way North Carolina is. Never want a pole, but never lost an election. And now all these Democrats are being tied to all the socialists all of America, and even Nancy Pelosi said something about it essay and freaking out about how all these socialists are beating Democrats in primaries, and she's all pissed off about it. And now Roy Cooper refused to disavow from a guy with a Nazi tattoo, a an alleged rapist basically sexual assault, making fun and wishing that his former colleagues had been shot and killed because they were doing stupid things in Iraq in Afghanistan.
Speaker 3: That wasn't enough to disavow them.
Speaker 4: But it finally took the last one, Chuck Schumer, your stepfather, to disavow him.
Speaker 3: So you finally did it.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, So I keep telling you this is only going to get closer. Look, Cooper may win, but I am telling you now it's not going to be a blowout like everyone thinks it is. And I think there's a there's a solid chance that Watley wins. But we'll see and I'll let you know my thoughts as we get closer to middle October, when early voting starts come back to you, Brank, But Jet's here on this really really nice Thursday Night edition again, as we go up until seven o'clock, seven oh four, five, seven oh one oh seven nine, All right, Oh, the Save America Act, one of the big things in it is the fact that obviously it's about voter ID and about seventy five percent of.
Speaker 3: The people polled in the country.
Speaker 4: They'll tell you want voter ID because like what transpired in California is a travesty. If that, if there's a single Democrat that tells you there wasn't cheating going on with the La mayor race, then they truly are a bonafide either idiot or a flat out liar, sort of like what Roy Goober did in his commercials.
Speaker 3: I mean, they are either an idiot or a liar, so.
Speaker 4: Because they don't want they want corruption, but then they'll lie to your face about it. And all the mail imballots and everything where they were literally getting, you know, paying the homeless to ballot.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's amazing this. The Socialist was in dead last.
Speaker 4: And then when all the mail im ballots came in, she miraculously jumped to like damn near first place because of all the homeless. All right, So what I want you to do now though the Save America Act, I want you to hear this.
Speaker 3: And this was on Dave Ruben.
Speaker 4: I saw this this morning on Dave Ruben, who's a massive millions of people follow him, and he's a commentator and he talks about a lot of things in the world of politics. And for the record, he used to be a Democrat. Now he's a Republican. He's also homosexual. And the reason I say all that is because he's not like, oh, just a typical white guy like he's not. But here this was earlier today on his report.
Speaker 5: But it's not just the Democrats, and that suck. Some of the Republicans suck. Tom Tillis, who is a Senator, has voted against the Save Act. Trump can't even get all the Republicans on board this thing. My friend Sara Gonzalez, who was on the show a week or so ago, formerly of The Blaze, she's just great. She went to the Capitol and look she just gets in his face and basically saying, what the effort are you doing? Senator?
Speaker 6: You've received almost seven hundred thousand dollars from the illegal labor lobby Is that why you voted against the Save America Act?
Speaker 7: Can you tell me who the illegal labor lobbyists?
Speaker 6: Yes, it's contractors, general contractors, hospitality companies, industries, construction companies, and industries.
Speaker 7: You know about the Which Save America Act?
Speaker 6: Are you talking about the one that you voted against?
Speaker 5: Sir?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 7: And so you're asking me if I voted I was against it because.
Speaker 6: You're receiving almost seven hundred thousand dollars from these lobbyists.
Speaker 7: Have any any idea? What a remarkably silly question that is?
Speaker 6: First, I think it's a pretty important one. I think your constituents want to know why you're betraying this math.
Speaker 7: You know what my election cycle, the total all in election cycle cost was in two thousand and twenty. It's three hundred million dollars. Do you honestly believe that I would make a policy decision based on that?
Speaker 6: I don't know why you're betraying your constituents. I'm independent, Okay, Why are you betraying your constituents? Why are you betraying your constituents? Senator?
Speaker 3: Good luck on COMPLX.
Speaker 6: We just want secure elections. Senator, you're preventing us from getting that. You're betraying America. Good Luck on your job, good luck on yours. What a strange thing for Senator Tillis to say seven hundred thousand dollars is not enough. He's a sellout. But not that amount because he receives three hundred million. If I were an honest person and I were answering that question, I would just say, I'm not a sellout to anyone. I don't sell out for any amount of money. But Tom Tillis. Tom Tillis says he sells out, but not for that amount.
Speaker 5: I mean, come from North Carolina. First off, that his election costs three hundred million dollars. That just is also telling you, just like how broken the system is? That fine? But all right, like, are you does that seven hundred thousand dollars move you? I'm not even applying that it does. Sarah does a nice job there, for sure, But why would you not? It's so low level? How many times have we shown you the numbers on this, something like ninety seven percent of Republicans are for the Save Act and even what were the numbers? We saw something like seventy percent of Democrats are four IDs? So what is it?
Speaker 3: What is going on? Tom?
Speaker 5: Who got to you? What is happening? Why don't you want people to have IDs to vote?
Speaker 3: Anyway? Good work, Sarah?
Speaker 4: All right, So that is Dave Rubin, and again it's perplexing. Ninety seven percent of Republicans like seventy percent of Democrats eighty five percent overall.
Speaker 3: I believe pol say they want voter ID.
Speaker 4: This is not happening, And I will break down the numbers of the seven hundred thousand that this lady, by the way, independent now, but you know, let's be honest. She used to work for the Blaze, which is Glenn Beck, right, So she used to be a reporter with the Blaze, So it's not like she's just some chick off the street. And Nick Shirley's independent. Do you take him seriously? Look what he did in Minnesota and California and New York. You take him seriously. Okay, So when we come back, we're gonna break down according to this woman, this reporter, where Tom Jellis's money came from, because it is it is perplexing. And when you hear like the illegal lobby, illegal labor lobby, I'll tell you exactly what she means by that. Un back to record with Breg Jenson here talking about senators and the Senate race and everything else. So I want to play for you again to give you a little bit more background, just to make sure you guys understand this reporter.
Speaker 3: Got Tom Willis in the court in the hallways up in d C.
Speaker 4: It was either the capital or the capital adjacent, but I believe it was the Capitol, but I could be wrong. And he dismissed her and was very dismissive. But this woman was a reporter with the Blaze, Glenn Beck, and she wanted to ask him about are you voting against the Save America Act which puts in voting ID you got to have voter ID and till this is one of the ones that keeps voting against it. And so she asked him, are you getting is it because you got money from the illegal labor lobby?
Speaker 3: And what that means is what are the.
Speaker 4: Jobs that have a high propensity to have illegal aliens work for them? Agriculture like on the farms, stuff like that. Construction jobs. Go to any construction job in North Carolina and tell many how many Hispanics versus white people or black people work there. It's probably nine to one ninety percent Hispanic. Probably the hospitality waiters, bus boys, cooks, dishwashers, and like the elder care working at like facilities and stuff. Okay, so all combined, according to this reporter, Tom Tillis Scott nearly three hundred thousand dollars from the agricultural lobby, one hundred and ten thousand dollars from construction, one hundred and ninety five thousand from hospitality, and seventy five thousand from elder care, which equates to I believe six hundred and seventy three thousand.
Speaker 3: Seven hundred and seventy three dollars.
Speaker 4: So and it says his bigger, his biggest cheap labor backers are packs whose parent groups are endorsed by Dignity, Dignity Act, Amnesty. It's exactly what you think it is. Well, I want you to know all of that background. Again, this is just some random woman off the streets. This is a woman who has credentials and has worked for major outlets catching up with Tom Tillis.
Speaker 5: But it's not just the Democrats and that suck. Some of the Republicans suck. Tom Tillis, who is a Senator, has voted against the Save Act. Trump can't even get all the Republicans on board this thing. My friend Sarah Gonzalez, who was on the show a week or so ago, formerly of the Blaze, she's just great. She went to the Capitol, and look, she just gets in his face and basically saying, what the effort are you doing?
Speaker 6: Senator? You've received almost seven hundred thousand dollars from the illegal labor lobby Is that why you voted against the Save America Act?
Speaker 7: Can't you tell me who the illegal labored lobbyists?
Speaker 6: Yes, it's contractors, general contractors, hospitality companies, industries, construction companies, and industries.
Speaker 7: You know about the SAI which Save America Act?
Speaker 6: Are you talking about the one that you voted against?
Speaker 5: Sir?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 7: And so you're asking me if I voted I was against it because.
Speaker 6: You're receiving almost seven hundred thousand dollars from these lobbyists.
Speaker 7: Have any any idea what a remarkably silly question that is?
Speaker 6: First, I think it's a pretty important one. I think your constituents want to know why.
Speaker 3: You're betraying this math.
Speaker 7: You know what my election cycle, the total all in election cycle cost was in two thousand and twenty. It's three hundred million dollars. Do you honestly believe that I would make a policy decision based on that?
Speaker 6: I don't know why you're betraying your constituents I'm independent. Okay, Why are you betraying your constituents? Why are you betraying your constituents? Senator good Luck complex We just want secure election. Senator, you're preventing us from getting that. You're betraying America. Good Luck goes your job, good luck on yours. What a strange thing for Senator Tillis to say seven hundred thousand dollars is not enough. He's a sellout, but not that amount because he receives three hundred million. If I were an honest person and I were answering that question, I would just say I'm not a sellout to anyone. I don't sell out for any amount of money. But Tom Tillis, Tom Tillis says he sells out, but not for that amount.
Speaker 5: I mean Tom from North Carolina. First off, that his election costs three hundred million dollars. That just is also telling you, just like how broken the system is. That's fine, but all right, like, are you does that seven hundred thousand dollars move you? I'm not even applying that it does. Sarah does a nice job there, for sure, but why would you not? It's so low level? How many times have we shown you the numbers on this something like ninety seven percent of Republicans are for the Save Act. And even what were the numbers saw something like seventy percent of Democrats are four IDs? So what is it? What is going on?
Speaker 3: Tom?
Speaker 5: Who got to you? What is happening? Why don't you want people to have IDs to vote? Anyway?
Speaker 3: Good work, Sarah?
Speaker 4: All right, So that the guy talking is Dave Reuben. Dave Ruben used to be a Democrat. He's homosexual, so he's not your typical Oh it's just what guy. No, I give you his background. He became a Democrat, became a Republican. He now lives in Florida. I believe he used to live in California, moved to Florida as a Republican. And he has millions and millions of followers on YouTube and x and everywhere else, millions and millions. So if this guy is vouching for Sarah, the reporter said, oh, she was just on the show last week. He's not having also rans and nobody's on his show like he's usually got big time people on him show, whether it's Doctor Drew or Sage Steele, like all the like Riley Gaines all these major people. Major politicians come on his show. Okay, major politicians come on his show all the time, because when millions of people follow you, yeah, like that has an impact.
Speaker 3: And for Tilla sat there and said.
Speaker 4: You couldn't understand who's saying good luck on the clicks, like clickbait. You're doing this for clickbait. Good luck on the clicks. And then he says, yeah, good luck with your job. But he became extremely dismissive when she said I'm independent.
Speaker 3: She should have said, I worked five years.
Speaker 4: I don't even know why, I'm just however many years she worked at the Blaze. She should have said, I worked at the Blaze for ten years and now I'm an independent journalist. Or I to give yourself a little bit of bonafides as the kids call it, like hey, yeah, I worked at Fox Sports for all these years and now I'm independent or whatever. But you let them know that you are a serious and real journalist and a real person, because again, Nick Shirley, he's independent, is he not a real journalist? Look what he did in Minnesota turned out into he's got people thrown in the pokey. Look what he did in California exposing all the fraud in California and now in New York City. So but he's independent with Tom Tillis dismiss him and this woman worked at the Blaze for many years.
Speaker 3: See this is the problem with Tom. This is why probably.
Speaker 4: Fifty percent of the Republicans in North Carolina hate Tom Tillis.
Speaker 3: The national I mean the state party.
Speaker 4: The NCGP censured Tom Tillis, censured him, am censured him before he announced he wasn't running for reelection Like this is why everyone thought he was going to run for reelection.
Speaker 3: They censured him.
Speaker 4: I believe a year ago, and I believe three districts also did that.
Speaker 3: Congressional districts.
Speaker 4: A District eight, which is Mark Harris's district, that that district, the governing body of that district voted not to give him one single penny one penny for his reelection campaign, and then a couple weeks later he announced he wasn't running for reelection. This is why North Carolina people cannot stand Tom tell us. This is exactly why stuff like this with a Save America Act, ninety seven percent of all Republicans want this past seventy five percent of all Democrats or seventy percent of all Democrats.
Speaker 3: Want this past.
Speaker 4: Eighty five percent of all Americans want this past voter id He went from turning North Carolina around and building a great legacy to his legacy is complete mud. He will be remembered as being someone that all Republicans hate.
Speaker 3: It's just what's he done. That's what he's done.
Speaker 4: He's destroyed his legacy, completely destroyed it with stupid stuff like this, Welcome back to breaking with Brett.
Speaker 3: Jackson here on this Thursday night.
Speaker 4: You know, I wish Senator Tillis would do an interview with me, not like I mean an interview where would get like serious questions, not like what happens was when he goes on CNN. I think I think Jake Tapper has kneepads on when he does an interview there on CNN, which by the way, is the poorest excuse for a journalist on the planet, or at least top ten and again at CNN, so it's fitting. But I truly wish Senator tells us we just sit and we could have a conversation and there'd be no yelling. But I would ask him real questions. Why do Republicans in North why do you think Republicans in North Carolina hate you. Why did the NCGOP censure you? Why did so many districts in North Carolina censure you and then refuse to give you funding for your elect for your re election campaign.
Speaker 3: That had to play a part in it.
Speaker 4: Clearly, had Lord Trump ran against you in a primary, you would have lost. Had Michael Wattley ran against you in a primary, you probably would have lost, maybe fifty to fifty. Although a lot of the grassroots people hate Michael Waltley too. So but why do you do this or why do you do that? And why do you do this? And why didn't you do that? I'd love to be able to do that and just talk to him and like real questions, real interviews, real ones.
Speaker 3: And but there are also a lot of it.
Speaker 4: Obviously a lot of other people that I'd like to do sit down in interviews with that may or may never happen. It's not like Tom Jillis is the only one. There are quite a few others, and one of them is the former governor running for US Senate here in the state of North Carolina. But the former governor went fourteen straight months without taking a question from me all during his COVID press conferences, because I was going to ask him once again real questions, like real questions.
Speaker 3: So you're closing bars, but you opened up.
Speaker 4: Breweries as long as a brewery had a food truck on the sidewalk, how does that prevent COVID? Mandy Cohen said, you guys were just making it up basically as you were going along and talking to other states and just basically going by their guidelines. What science and data because you only said the term science and data eighty million times.
Speaker 3: What science and data was there? That?
Speaker 4: Hey, as long as you have a food truck nearby, you can't get COVID.
Speaker 3: That was essentially what he was saying. And all the stuff about the masks.
Speaker 4: You protested with the protesters without masks, the ones the night before you were so scared of you evacuated the governor's mansion. The next morning you were marching with them without your mask on, even though you had a mandatory mask in like mask in place, like you know, you had the shelter in place and mandatory mask wearing even outside.
Speaker 3: I will never forget that.
Speaker 4: Like I went to wbtv's reporters and said, why in God's names are you wearing a mask outside when you're doing your report from our parking lot and there's no one within one hundred yards of you, but yet you got a mask on. What the hell is wrong with you? Oh, management's making us. Management's making us. Okay, But yeah, I'd love to be able to ask Roy Cooper questions.
Speaker 3: I'd love He doesn't like it when I asked him questions.
Speaker 4: He was against people getting helped getting paid to send their kids to private school write a voucher, and I said, but you sent your kid to private school, so you're saying poor people shouldn't be allowed to send their kids to private school.
Speaker 3: He didn't like that question.
Speaker 4: He also didn't like the question why he didn't take my questions for fourteen straight months.
Speaker 3: He didn't like that question either.
Speaker 4: In the middle of like forty people, me just hammering that one home and not giving up, and he's.
Speaker 3: Said, well, I'm here, now, what's your question?
Speaker 4: I said, Well, your question is My question is why didn't you take my question for fourteen months? Why did you run for me? Now you know who's never ran for me, TJ. TJ Ritchie and the Bear Richie has never ran for me. So TJ is coming up next. He'll take you from seven to nine tonight, and then tomorrow we got some more. I got a lot of interviews for the show tomorrow because I got a lot of things I gotta like a press conver some.
Speaker 3: Other things I gotta do tomorrow.
Speaker 4: So and I may even have some breaking news for you tomorrow as well. I know it's a Friday and that's where breaking news goes to die. But you follow me on X. It'll be on X first. All right, everyone that's gonna do it for us tonight. TJ Ritchie, like I said, is up next. My name is Brett Jensen, and you have been listening to Breaking with Brett Jensen.