Speaker 1: The Frames per Second Podcast. Welcome to the Frames per Second Podcast, where we are reviewing the new movie good Luck, Just Don't Die. I am hosting today good Luck, Have Fun, Don't Die? Okay, hell fun? Hold up? Good off on the bath, good Luck, Have Fun, Just don't die.
Speaker 2: No, No, have Fun, don't die?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right. I can't put them together. But this is the new film that was out in theaters that we are reviewing. Uh so, lets see what. Go around the room. I have Rod, Mike, and Ken with me. I'm gonna go around the room and see what you guys start and I saw what you Ken? What'd you think? I loved it? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I really enjoyed it. Man, you know, I love like what it was? Well, yeah, I just say I stopped there. I love it.
Speaker 4: Rob.
Speaker 1: What'd you think? Yeah? Yeah, I thought it was good. It was. It was a fun fun watch. Mike, what did you think? Absolutely not.
Speaker 2: This was not the movie. For the record, this was not the movie I thought it was.
Speaker 1: What do you think it was?
Speaker 2: There was some other movie. I saw a trailer forward with Zazie beats and it looked great. This was not the movie. The other movie we heard. I don't remember and I tried to find him when I got home. I'll find it for y'all later. But no, I don't like this kind of quote unquote humor. I don't like this quirky goofy shit. No, did not like this.
Speaker 1: Movie, shouted to jaylen Man, because I gave him shit last week for the other two movies. I'm assuming he picked this one. I saw this had crime one on one crime crime one on one. I'm glad we did not review that. But I like this. This is a fun time at the movies. I really enjoyed. Mike don't like fun. Yeah, Mike, Mike's not fun personally. And I was thinking that as I was watching this. I know Mike hates this everything about this movie. But me, I definitely enjoyed. It was a fun time. But I walked out of it like that, that was a good movie.
Speaker 2: Speaking of walking out, Spike real quick, I walked in. There were four people in the theater, not counting myself. By the time the movie was over, there were two and people will, I swear to God.
Speaker 3: In my life they probably was just skipping and just tried to get it watch a free movie.
Speaker 2: There were there was a couple in front of me that were fighting. When I got there, there was a guy behind me. Halfway through, the couple got up and walked out. About fifteen twenty minutes later, the do behind me got and walked out.
Speaker 3: So I get the couple because they were they wouldn't. I don't have no answer for the guy that left.
Speaker 1: They were like, this is I guarantee. They're like this is stupid. Did y'all see any previews anything for this? I didn't know what the hell. I no idea what was happening. I saw the poster.
Speaker 3: I was like cause I was like, good fuck, cause I didn't think were gonna I don't know what I was thinking.
Speaker 1: And then I was like, who the fuck picked this ship? And what the fuck is this ship? I thought we were doing crime one on one? I did too. I went to go see it Friday, thinking that what we were revealing, well, I had already bought my ticket after I asked, But yeah, I just thought we were doing I could you could have got I wanted to see it though, oh okay, okay, until I did. But yeah, because because I saw Crime on one on one in terms of like on different apps was trending higher than this this is actually starting to catch up.
Speaker 3: So I was like, damn, we may have picked a wrong movie. But yeah, when I was and then I was like, man, why did we pick this? Or then I remember I saw jan Jah beat Jaji whatever her name is.
Speaker 1: Well, her name is, Stop being disrespect I'm not intentionally trying to be disrespectful. But her name is Jazzi beat Zazi played in Atlanta, right, Yeah, yeah, I was like, oh, so we only picked it. Well, never mind, that's not the only reason. That was the only reason for me. That's what I remember. That's right. So that was like, that's not a good reason to pick a movie.
Speaker 2: The fuck did you see her? It was They Will Kill You. That's the movie. I was thinking. It hasn't come out yet, but that one looks like it's going to be great, Unlike this.
Speaker 1: This was great. This was a really good movie, alright, And I saw it.
Speaker 3: It was a screen that seen. I saw it like last month sometime. I wish I could catch those.
Speaker 1: All right, So let's start with the opening scene. We have the guy from the future coming in telling this whole story, gearing you up for the movie. Rob, what did you think about this opening scene? Man? Uh, one more time when you said that God, God from I'm from the future. Oh yeah, so I'm not a crazy person. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I didn't know what to think at first. I didn't know if it was actually telling the truth or not telling the truth. But what I did think is, why don't you just say some things that you know that other people would know?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, yeah, I get you. He did that later. Yeah, but why not start off that way? You got to get buy in from people. That's a good way to buy in, though I feel like everybody would have did it. Then you don't get the right group. Because I thought about that too. It's like, well, why not just tell them prove that you're from the future. But you need people to buy in, like you need people to do it wanting to do it genuinely before you start convincing them. I think, in my opinion, I guess that way you get a better crew. Okay, okay, you makes sense.
Speaker 3: You have to convince him in some kind of way and because but yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Mike, what did you think about this point the opening scene? Yeah, I was.
Speaker 2: I was intrigued because I didn't watch the trailer because I thought I thought I already had watched the trailer. So the first scene, I was like, Okay, this guy is saying from the future.
Speaker 1: He must be crazy, all right, whatever would you have to believe him? No? No, who would?
Speaker 2: I don't know, No, I can't. I can't think of any scene person that'd be like.
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, yeah, let's go. Hmm. Wait, Rod, you're saying if you walked into the waffle house and he was in the saying he was from the future, you would have believe it. No, that's what I'm saying. You have to say he was from like heaven or something like. I don't know about to go call Jesus right now, But how'd you think about this first scene?
Speaker 3: It was good because you think about like homeless people, or you think about people that are deemed quote unquote crazy coming in. So obviously they're going to be skeptical about her. Like so, I don't know anything about the movie when I'm walking in, but you know, so I knew that whatever he's saying was truthful. It's just they don't believe it. Kind of also reminded me why but go on your why is that popping in mind?
Speaker 1: Because it's about aliens.
Speaker 3: And something else, maybe it was something else where a person walks in and trying to convin somebody that they're from the future her and they don't believe them, but they really are from the future. So but but nah, I liked it, and I liked how he went around like it was messing with the brown woman I can't think of her.
Speaker 1: Name, Wendy yeah, love Yeah.
Speaker 3: He called it, come on, when beneath my wings, let's go.
Speaker 1: They said, you loved me. We can't keep so much sexual attention. She was like, what, I like this scene. And one of the things I did like about this scene is would always give stuff like this away. Is when you start seeing the noticeable faces, that way you know who's gonna go with him. So like if we had they did a good job of hiding the famous people that he finally picked. Is everybody that he finally picked, with the exception maybe two or three, Like you knew we're seeing them before. I knew that they were going to be a part of the movie. The Little Princess girl Zoe Beats and her boyfriend both the famous All Disrespectful book I don't know her name, Zazi Beats and the guy that played in Narcos I believe it was her boyfriend. Uh So once they you've seen those people and they would noticeable faces, you knew who was going to go with them on the trip, all right, So he gets his squad together after that diner scene, and from there we go to Mark and Janet's timeline as substitute teachers. Now, yeah, I like the way they were doing the time. It was great, run mean weapons a little bit, how they showed the different views. That's why they did that. The weapons too. When you're doing the timeline with Mark and Janet the substitute teachers, did this world seem weird to you? Like with some off This is when they would like Initially, yeah, like did you did you think people were acting there? Yeah? I mean disrespectful to teachers? I was like, okay, okay, what's happening here?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, initially they kind of they kind of hid it well because you see just the two of them and his fear of his first day and you know, her encouraging him.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: What the points you're talking about? Rock, You're absolutely right. It's like when they get in the classroom. But even the first time we see it, that's common because kids are on their phones and so he's like, well, you guy should be on your phone. That made sense to me because that's what they do. It wasn't until later we started to see them being like super extra weird, like you were talking about It was like, wait, it's something they.
Speaker 1: Right that that I feel like we got there when they were in the teacher's lounge and they were having a conversation, my guy telling them about the gun they do the blockers for the phone, Like, I feel like the teachers were acting weird. They kept talking about sabbaticals and who was like, bro, high school teachers having sabbaticals is not a thing. What are y'all talking about? But they were acting like it was so normal.
Speaker 2: But I can understand why it wasn't normal. Why can't a high school teacher go on sabbatical? Because I guess could they get something it.
Speaker 1: Was more common. They were saying, it wasn't that common. I thought, yes to.
Speaker 5: The problem with it's not but but I think you just answered it. Yeah, they get summers off, they get time off, all these breaks and all that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It wasn't until they added like the second teacher and the third teacher, and then they started themselves like the in the lounge talking weird and acting like they were afraid of something.
Speaker 1: It was like us versus them, it was a monster or something that was y'all picked up on that too, Mike, you did, yeah.
Speaker 3: And then of course the end the elevator and you know, the interaction.
Speaker 1: With the student and she caught her a witch and an old person. Yeah, yep, yep. So, but they had like they were afraid of the kids.
Speaker 3: And then because there was that when they were hoting from the school shooting yep.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So within this flashback, Mark touches one of the kids phones. He touches the kids phone and they go into this mind high one hive thing and all started like acting like zombies. It's a premature review of what the kids were going to be at the end, did y'all like this? This is probably the only part that I had a tough time with.
Speaker 5: Not the catt yeah rt, but but yeah, that that was one of the ones I had because I had to submit to that, like you know what I mean, like, okay, what is happening? But I still was intrigued. It just didn't look that great to me.
Speaker 1: I was in the exact same place that you were like, what the fuck is going on? But I guess we're here so see how it goes. But I was definitely confused and wondering what they were going with, you well, you.
Speaker 3: Know, initially, you know, it definitely seemed like a commentary about kids being in phones and you know, not living life and all the other stuff, and they're just oblivious to the world, and then extending towards like adults because he kind of got caught up in the sort of rapture of what he was the kid was watching too, to the point where he felt compelled to push the phone. Then it went to, of course the zombie parts. I'm like, okay, now it started explaining why the adults were scared of the kids, you know, and you know, I'm also thinking about like the school shooting, because I thought that's where kind of we were going to go, the numbness of all of that, because none of them seem worried about the school shooting, you know, because it's seem rather routine. We're just going to go hot out here there and wait until it's over, you know.
Speaker 1: So yeah, this is when I started to tap out what made it? Was it anything specific?
Speaker 2: They were just being messaging, and to me, it wasn't interestingly done or done in an interesting way for better phrase. Yeah, when they got to the school shooting part and they were just, like Ken said, they're kind of just ignoring and acting like it was normal. And I was like, oh, they're just making commentary on Okay, the kids are in their phones all the time and they're school shootings, but they've been normalized. It's like, all right, man, like, at least do something creative with this, And it just wasn't that for me, so I started to tap out.
Speaker 1: Okay, So from there we go back to the diner and they have to find a way out. Even though he's done this one hundred and sixteen times, still can't tell you which way is the best way out. So he gives a speech to Bob. Bob's sacrifices, was it. Do y'all take anything from this? Did y'all like this human? As far as him getting Bob killed, that was that was my first laugh. That Bob which Bob again, I'm trying to remember. The camp counselor, the boy scout Boy scout counselor had the gun and he convinced Bob to go out there and straight off. Yeah, okay, yeah, yeah, yeah. It was like, yo, Bob was never gonna make it yep, right, and it came back around a little later. From that, Bob sacrifices himself and also we have Susan who's there with them. She gives them a way out. Does this draw or raise any suspicion with what Susan was doing there for you?
Speaker 2: Well, Susan the white woman that had the Ai kid. Her story was the only one that I found interesting. So no, I didn't have any doubts as far.
Speaker 1: As she went.
Speaker 2: I believed her, even though she was like the first one to volunteer. Yeah, so at first I didn't believe.
Speaker 1: Her, But yeah, did you wonder why she how or why she knew what the door was? She did seem suspicious.
Speaker 3: I liked that he was like skeptical of her, you know, and was like, oh, are you working for the FEDS?
Speaker 1: Et cetera, et cetera. So it seems like he assembles a new group of course every time he comes. So it was like she volunteers.
Speaker 3: So because he didn't know about the door, it was like, how do you know about the door? So yeah, it's it's intendas were raised, but I'm with you in terms of a store. When we get there, I thought her store was interesting. So her son told her about the door, right, Is that what y'all got from it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, he was telling her different ways and then how to do, like, yeah, to come to find him.
Speaker 1: Well, who she thought was her son? Y'all spoke of Susan's timeline. Let's go to it. There's some type of school shooting. Her child dies in the school shooting, and when she goes to where the other moms were, did they give off We'd vi, y'all, the moms almost like they were AI too. Ye. Is that what y'all took from it?
Speaker 2: It felt like very Stepford wife, there's something going on with these with these people?
Speaker 1: Did you think they were.
Speaker 2: The anti AI part? Didn't click it into like a sing or two later.
Speaker 1: Y'all didn't think the mom's weird. I thought the moms were weird.
Speaker 5: I thought they was just numb to these times and it's yeah, these times or whatever. So I didn't think they were necessarily AI per se. I just thought like this is the new norm and h yeah, kind of guess that is kind of Stephford wise. So Yeah, that's what I thought about them.
Speaker 1: It did seem like it was a continuation of school shooting.
Speaker 3: What I loved about her story was like just how she did her reaction to it, like you know, just in the car, can't breathe, and kind of going back and forth showing us like her going in there and you know, this weird sort of way. I was like thinking about, like how I would react if I was in a situation like that, and just the thought of like pulling a sheet back and seeing your kid like you know, because you know, having kids in school, you have to get through that. So so yeah, it became a little too real because Keno had to deal with that one time where he would test us and it was like, yo, there's lockdown. So I just started thinking about that and seeing like the reaction from the moms. Yeah, normalized, but they were weird, like something was going on, and later on it definitely seemed like they were profiting off of it.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I didn't think about the AI thing.
Speaker 3: I have to think about it more in terms of whether they were controlled, but that is an interesting question.
Speaker 1: I feel like they were already AI, and I'll talk about it at the end. Just that world in general, but you spoke about profiting from it. Susan visits Hope Way, and from there they have built a business off of school shootings where they let you clone your child. It's not AI, it's not a robot yet, but it's a clones, real organic human flesh and beings that they are rebuilding. What did you guys think it was a Black Mirror episode? That's what I initially thought about with this one.
Speaker 2: Same do that same thing with the guy right, yeah, where the woman had her dad boyfriend or whatever, the clone.
Speaker 1: He started reading the ads and the.
Speaker 2: Version, Oh no, that one. Yeah, So I guess they had two Black Mirror episodes.
Speaker 1: Yeah they did. Yeah, yeah, I'm sure the latest season with the ads were on there and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: Jones, Yep, exactly, yeah, the a I think, you know, I definitely thought about Black Mirror with you guys. I'm like, Okay, that's not a regie who's been there, done that, you know, you know the bar code on the back, seeing like the salesperson just lack of empathy. He's just selling stuff. I think this is a good thing.
Speaker 1: He sold it like it was like, oh, we're selling cars or whatever. It may be he was just so cold and just like, well, I was just put sports here and yeah, you're dealing with somebody that lost a loved one that they're trying to recrect. Okay, you sure you want to put clumsy Like I just thought it was a great scene.
Speaker 3: But but you know what, then I started thinking about, like, because remember earlier, Rod, they were talking about why you keep saying pepsi a lot, Because was like, I haven't had my pepsi. I haven't had my pepsi yet, you know, I need to have my pepsi. So I was like, and this didn't happen until he got in the car when he was talking about I forgot what he was asking for, and.
Speaker 1: I was like some type of mango. Yeah, And then he did to ask.
Speaker 3: But then I was like, oh, that's why that girl was acting weird in the class about the pepsi.
Speaker 1: So things were starting to kind of connect. I didn't even put that together. Let's see what you mean. I didn't put that together, Like, I forgot simple that's crazy, but you enjoyed it still? That was I guess. I didn't think that about. Yeah, so they she clones your son's son comes out from there the car ride the clone again, I said, it reminded me of that Black Mirror episode. I wondered, what they go somewhere different for it. But they go to the house will party with the other moms, and I immediately thought once they get there to the party, like everybody's in this world a clone, like this all clone people, I thought, all of those people, because all of them were acting too weird.
Speaker 2: That's where I was too. I thought everybody was a clone except for certain people. Again, the anti AI stuff didn't come.
Speaker 1: In so a little bit later. Yeah, the one black and white couple, what they said, they just made yes, they made that tall, the child just egregiously tall, and said that they were Muslim, and all the different stuff was only. Yeah, that was funny.
Speaker 2: They were like, we're not Muslim, you're Muslim. That whole interaction was fucking hilarious. But yeah, I thought that we was to be they're all just fucking cloning motherfuckers, willy nilly.
Speaker 5: But yeah, I did think that was interesting that they got to the point where it was was like, when we tried it this way, that way, this is the way that makes us happy, you know what I'm saying, Like you know, we just basically don't take it that serious.
Speaker 2: You know, we're just having fun with it. They turned their dead kid in to comic relief. That's pretty crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you can. You can.
Speaker 3: You can see that part is because they haven't mastered the technology yet, you know, so there's some kinks they still need to work out, but you know it. But like you guys when you said, yeah, we even made a racists and they're inter racial couple, right, and I don't know if the racism like, so, I thought that was funny as well.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I like this part. The biggest segway for me. It was easier for them to clone kids and to stop school shootings that was insane just to think about, Like they didn't even think about, like they were like, well, we just gotten so used to it, like for the kids that I think they say this shooting and it was like, well, just trying to figure the clone out. But now exactly that's what made me think, it's like, damn, that's a crazy missage that they.
Speaker 3: Threw in there, and and some of the clones still go back and do the school shooters, which connected back to why the school shootings in the beginning of the movie with the with the school scene. While everybody was so just normal to it or normalized to it because it's just what they go through, the clones go crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there were certain bits of this movie, like this point that I did find interesting. You know, the whole idea of complaining about the low birth rate but then not doing anything about the fact that once they're born, you're fucking letting them get murdered in schools. So I did think that this part was actually kind of interesting.
Speaker 1: Good alrighty, So from there, the black guy that stopped susing at the party. Did y'all take this guy as a salesman? A concern parent who I didn't trust him. I thought he was a salesman. He stopped her and told her, you had a clones don't don't really work, but I can put your voice. I can put his voice in this AI machine and it'll be a much more realistic version. I just looked at him like he was a salesman. I didn't look at him like a pair or anything like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't know what his deal was. This was again, I was already sort of tapped out, but this was the point where it was like I don't really know what's real, what's fake, or what's.
Speaker 1: Happening in this movie. I just know that I don't care too much. Will you skeptical to a guy that gave it the AI?
Speaker 3: Well, so I still don't understand his part either, because it never really and maybe I missed it, but it doesn't feel like it didn't feel like it ever came back around with what he was doing because he said, here, this is more real and then he gave her the box. So was he working for this anti AI establishment or something like that?
Speaker 1: Like, I don't know. I thought that he was working. I thought that he came back around in the end because they used that box, I know. But so I thought that he was against that child building that AI. But how would he.
Speaker 3: Know that that AI would eventually turn into what it was? And what was the role of the kid. There's a part that I was missing.
Speaker 1: I'm assuming that the company had the same information. I guess we'll get that later, but I can the company had the information on the kid. They wanted to stop it as well. They knew that they were going to go on the mission, and they told her to go to the diner. But the kid, but the kid in the Boss was AI too, it was just a different version of it. I thought it was them. I thought there was them, just he was in the kid's voice and telling her stuff, acting like the kid. Oh did I miss that? Is that what it was? That's what I thought.
Speaker 2: I thought that that was Well, actually, no, that wouldn't make any sense because why would the AI be telling her to do these things that ended up helping them defeat the AI?
Speaker 1: Right, this is a different version of AI. Like I thought, he was building a superior version to the current AI, so their motives would have been to stop that version, gotcha, and their version still be superior.
Speaker 3: But he was selling a different product, right, because we're still not thinking that at least at this point. It's still not an AI movie. It's school shooting clone movie. So he was selling a different product that she was able to connect to more easily because it was less robotic in terms of his response, which it was that eventually morphed into aiding them at the end at some point, and that's why she was like, go with that guy that comes. So there's some questions like, how did you know that guy was coming? Where did you get this information? Who are you working for what is this company? We never got those answers that I'm aware of.
Speaker 1: We didn't, but I do think that there was a company that was fearful of at Ai. I don't know how they knew about it or how they knew the guy was coming to your point, but I did think that that company was trying to get the kids Ai out of there. Any thoughts on the rock?
Speaker 5: Mm hmm, okay, all right, So I was trying to remember who who the I know? I said, no thoughts, but I was trying to remember who the guy.
Speaker 1: Was at the party. He was he was acting like a parent walked up. He was acting like a parent that lost his kid as well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he came later, it's like this is a better Yeah. He was like, the clones don't really work, they don't make it. They don't feel out like that because it's been a minute since I've seen this, all right. So from there we go back to Susan and the guy from the future lays out of the planning that stopped the kid with Ai.
Speaker 1: Any lays out the planning to get there. This is where we get the essential all right, this is what the movie is about to be. Did y'all like the plan. Did y'all like the what they laid out anything that none of it.
Speaker 5: The whole thing was just intriguing to me because I didn't know what they were actually doing, what obstacles we would have to go through. These people that are in this new team, Like how would they, you know what I'm saying, contribute to this plan? Obviously it was a mysterious people that hadn't been there before, so you know what I'm saying. And he didn't quite trust him. So yeah, I think all of that was intriguing for me. Like throughout this journey and our lead was was good. I like, I like him, Yeah, it was.
Speaker 1: Funny, it was Yeah, he was serious when he needed to be kendied. The playing in the route to how they were going to get their work for you, well.
Speaker 3: I was still trying to see how all this was was going to unfold, you know, because he revealed that it wasn't a ball that you know, just gonna take him back. So I thought that that was kind of funny because in the flashbacks we saw him push the button in you know, it looked like an explosure, but it wasn't. It was also like, here are these people that volunteered to go with him. So I'm thinking about, like what role they play and what if there's a message about people just starting to believe colts? Are we having a message about colts people that were in despair situations looking for hope or something to cling to because their life is just fell apart, you know. So you had that part of it as well, you know. And other people were there just as sacrificial lambs for the movie, you know, like Bob so you you know, and we didn't get backstories on them. It was like two other ones, so so they didn't really have a main part to play in it, but just seeing and I'll give you an example, like the Plan. I did like the Plan, how they're going to stop it and what's going to happen. So at this point, they're borroing from a lot of movies, Dominator. You know, you already mentioned Black Mirror as well, but you know, just funny seeing them at this point when he's talking about the plan and they're walking in circles, this side wind and.
Speaker 1: Stuff like that.
Speaker 3: That shit was fun. It was like, bro, why are y'all doing this? You know, there's nobody shooting and stuff.
Speaker 1: Like that.
Speaker 3: So that was just funny how they're just going along with this guy saying and not questioning it. So but yeah, now we know what the plan is. Now let's see if they can accomplish a this.
Speaker 6: You would love to have more content from frames per Second. Become a patron where you can contribute to what we review and discuss. Our patreon gives the listeners the power to nominate and vote a monthly discussion in film review, while also nominating and voting on weekly solo reviews from each cast member. You also get the opportunity to vote on the publicly released anniversary film, all exclusive to our Patreon. So become a patron at patreon dot com frames per second where there are two tiers you can choose from. That's patreon dot com forward slash frames per second.
Speaker 1: All right, so we get the plan, and of course, as you say, they borrow from a lot of movies. Once we get the plan, mysterious car comes out of nowhere, tries to hit them. It chases them into that abandoned building where they go through this whole crew thing, and eventually the two gunmen get out try to shoot them there in the trash can if we got to put the car in the park. So we get this real slow tension building of you know what's gonna happen, you just wondering when it's gonna happen. And finally he gets hit by the car. What y'all think about that? The gummy getting hit by the car? Was that funny? Did it work? Was it fitting for this movie? Mike rode his eyes so he doesn't like it? Well, yeah, I mean you could you could?
Speaker 3: You watch enough movies, Even if you don't watch the movie, you can see it coming them all the way. He was obviously aware of when and how it's gonna happen. He could have saved that girl that walked out and got shot because he told everybody else to stop.
Speaker 1: But she kept going, do you want some pie or something? What was she saying? Yeah, she just wanted some pile, That's why she was there.
Speaker 3: But but yeah, because he was just like, wait, but I don't think they've ever then gotten that far.
Speaker 1: But they've gotten far enough to know about the car.
Speaker 3: But at this point now everything is a mystery, and even even you know, the woman that was basically ready to commit suicide, like when the car is about to follow her. So yeah, it was just by now we know that he's from the future because he told that guy what how much change he out of his pocket? Yeah, so he pretty much verify he's from the future. So now it's just a matter of just watching him navigate through the pieces that he knows up to the point where everything is kind of a new experience to him. So yeah, watching the cars, just like, at what point when the car is going to hit him?
Speaker 1: Yes, you know, hit the guy you spoke of the girl ingrid so throughout this, even when he picked her in a diner they were talking about she had this look in her eyes. Everybody's asking wondering, what's wrong with her? H what's her? You guys really ready for her story? Her flashback we are a tree by them continuing to hint at something being wrong with her. Did that work? Yeah?
Speaker 5: She was probably one of the more interesting ones that I wanted to know more about.
Speaker 1: And we're getting into her story. Yes, yeah, y'all remember what she played off. Yeah, she's a white loatist. I really like her. Hullabaloo or something that's the last name.
Speaker 2: Either way, when I saw her in the diner, I was like, Okay, I really like her. Let's see what she does. And she did a great job of acting extremely stoic for the majority of the film, So yes, I was definitely interested to see what her story was about. This is when the movie kicked off for me. Okay, I know we're like an hour and twenty something men, but this is when I was like, oh, okay, this is interesting.
Speaker 1: And she she she was allergic to AIS. Yes, yeah, she learned the technology. Wow. All right. So we get Ingris's backstore, and it starts off with her going to a party being a princess, not a notable princess, just one of the cousins or something like that. The mama said. The mom was just like, to funny, she was so much princess. Just say, you're Elsa's cousin. Right. So we see this nose bleed. It's happened a couple of times. We learned that she's allergic to AI or cell phones or cell phones, AI signals, all of that stuff tech in jail. So she meets this pizza guy who also doesn't use He's just a map to get the pizzas to where they went, which is hilarious as well. So they immediately they hit it off, she leaves with him. Uh it jumps in the future a little bit shows just six months they've been together and they're loving their AI list Wi Fi less life until the package is delivered to his door. And when that package comes, he pulls out a VR machine. Did y'all immediately know what was about to happen? Yes?
Speaker 5: And I felt so convicted because I just let Dom were his oculus, and I was just like, ain't this and shit, I mean just like the day before, I had him wearing his ocolaus and he looked just like that with him and on and so yeah, I already knew.
Speaker 1: I already knew what time it was. All right, you see it from all the way, I mean, yeah, those things are addictive.
Speaker 3: Him not eating that shit happens. I played games. You do get caught up in the world and you don't eat. When I was a teenager, that would happen. You go all day, you don't eat, So all that made sense to me. Crazy thing he the rod. We have one around the house and I have yet to put that thing on. As much as I love technology, I have not used that thing.
Speaker 1: Yet to this day. I tried it one time because I don't want to get hooked. I tried it would I tried it once and I was like, I don't like this. Yeah, Mike, did you see it coming with the VR? Oh? Yeah, yeah. It was crazy.
Speaker 2: But I guess it didn't really make all that much sense though, because the guys seemed to be very anti tech.
Speaker 1: I was in the same I wrote it in my notes like it was kind of unbelievable that he was that open to trying that right as soon as it came what happened. I felt like he said it was just in his name and they try it. Yeah, that's that's what was weird about this. But you someone that don't use cell phones or watch TV or pay or did he just not use it because of her? No? No, Remember he delivered the pizza and he was using a map. That's why they worked because he didn't have tech around and stuff like that. So it made sense. So it was that the AI trying to get him out the picture, like.
Speaker 2: I guess it was because it was always I'm assuming the AI has somehow figured out who she is, so the AI is trying to either take her out or get her converted.
Speaker 1: He just needed to meet her, so he could copy.
Speaker 2: Her right, Okay, well yeah, so either way he was trying to get to her. I was just more lost on why he was just so quick to change his whole stance on AI.
Speaker 1: It just didn't really make any sense. It didn't make sense to her either, like what are you doing? So she he goes to work, comes back, He's still on the game. That was nuts. And then how they even played it when she was sleep and the noise of him eating the cereal just making that creepy. I thought they did a good job with that. Did that work for you, Mike Ski? I was good. Yeah, her backstory was kind of creepy. Yeah, it was definitely. So he makes the decision. This is a crazy conversation. He cooks your dinner, gets already and everything to have a great night, and he tells her, I'm going full AI. They gonna put me in a tube and they're gonna feed me through a tube and I'm just submitting to the AI world.
Speaker 5: And I think it's interesting the conversation that they're having around it, like about like how the world would be a better place because then with me and the killings and stuff like that, because people will be basically like just escaping whatever.
Speaker 1: I wrote a good quote now that I thought was one of the worls from the movies to your point, why would I choose this world over a better one? Right? And she says because of me? And he looks at dead in her face like that ain't enough. Yeah, that's not crazy, bro, super wild.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, to tell somebody that shit, Yeah, that's insane.
Speaker 1: With conviction too, he was with conviction, he was like, ain't enough. So he wants to go join the better world. So from there they go through the whole rag Tag crew makes it through everything they need to make it too. They make to the house across the street from the AI Kid and he gathers everybody up and he tells him, look, I made it this far before. Something is coming. I don't know what it's going to be, but it's going to be bad and y'all got to be ready for it. Did he sell it well enough to y'all? Because they were joking at first, like well maybe it's a glitter and maybe it's a unicorn that with this that and the third was it seeming good as far as the set up as to making you, as a viewer wonder what was coming? Well something.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean he was very convincing. I thought he was convincing that something was gonna come. I just didn't know what because he started going through the things that had come prior or whatever. So, yeah, I was interested to see, Okay, what is really gonna happen?
Speaker 1: So was I.
Speaker 3: I didn't think it was gonna be what we got, and I just not realized that that's what he was talking about.
Speaker 1: In this very moment.
Speaker 3: So I thought it was I thought it was gonna be something else. I thought it was the kids. Are you saying that was the cat? Well, he didn't know what what was the kids?
Speaker 1: It was? It was? He didn't know what it was gonna be. He just knew it was something. But yeah, he was he was convincing. Did y'all like the fact that they were like, well, why do it gotta be bad? Maybe it's something good? I thought that was a cool, cool, cool little comedic take on it. Did you like that what you're talking about? When so he told him something was coming, It's gonna suck them up, right, And then they started saying, well, you keep naming bad things. What if it's something great? It's a thousand puppies or something like that. Did you like that? All right? So that future man's backstory as well, Did y'all like this the drone blowing up the bunker? His mom never wanted him to use technology? Yeah? I knew this was gonna be.
Speaker 5: This is gonna come back around somehow because we never saw the woman's face.
Speaker 1: And the purposely left it out. Yep.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, so I was just like, Okay, this is gonna this is definitely gonna come back around. Well nah, yeah, I liked his backstory too. I mean it's tied to one of the better backstories.
Speaker 1: Which is you know, so yeah, it made sense. I did too. And I think you have.
Speaker 3: Her husband or Ingrid's partner, you have the kid, And it's saying that in spite of all these things, technology, somehow, some way, just it draws you in no matter what, you know, except for her, and the only reason.
Speaker 1: She couldn't get to it is because she was allergic to it.
Speaker 3: But if an anti AI got or anti tech person becomes a tech person because it was delivered on his doorstep, eventually, at some point, you know, other people will be pulled into that world. And another example, of course, with the with the teacher full touching the phone. You know, couldn't control himself. Here's this kid who grew up without these things, and he felt compelled. He wanted to know what it was. Again, the AI trying to pull him in. But and then you think about like also, kids that because of a certain how they grew up religiously don't get a chance to experience Christmas. But what happens when they get a chance to make that decision for themselves. They want experience Christmas, so they let it go for that kid. So you know, it's these sort of things that they're adding to it, but it leads to the depth of his mom. But much like you, right at that point, I was like, oh, they're deliberately not showing the face, so that had to be the mom.
Speaker 1: So you know, it's just like, oh, I think that's the mom. Why the drone didnt shoot a little boy? Just movie stuff? No, it just it was more concerned with man in the moment, it made sense.
Speaker 5: It didn't me because I feel like I feel like the mom was probably in the bigger threat at the time. M hm, So it was trying to it was trying to destroy the bigger threat. I mean, because the the boy that the sun could still be what's the word I'm looking for, like easily impersonable?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because if you put the thing on, they got the kid. Yeah yeah, birth the kid. Okay, yeah yeah, we can.
Speaker 5: Get him, like you know what I'm saying, which they thought, but it was wrong. Like she she instilled a lot in him.
Speaker 3: It was his order story. They created him so crazy sort of loop.
Speaker 1: So, speaking of the threats, we do it four three sixty and the reveal of what the threat to the house is. It's the teenagers the zombie apocalypse, teenagers that are being troll by their phone. Did this part work for you, kid? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, because I was wondering how they're going.
Speaker 3: To get get away from these kids, you know, because they and I didn't even know they still had the guns.
Speaker 5: You came back around because they introduced them in the backstory, and so they came back around.
Speaker 1: But it didn't last long.
Speaker 3: But God asked myself a question when they shot the guns.
Speaker 1: I was like, why don't y'all do this? But I guess it doesn't really matter.
Speaker 3: But nah, it it worked, It worked, but I didn't understand it is old boy saying, well, I'm going to sacrifice myself, you know what to.
Speaker 1: Do with the guns. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, and then.
Speaker 3: Speech saying I'm gonna go with you. Zazzie said, I'm gonna go with you and make it count. So that was a weird sort of sacrifice that they did, but a sacrifice.
Speaker 1: It wasn't really a sacrifice either, right, eventually we found out it wasn't. But because when it laid in the back of a car and it didn't pull a lot of the kids away, none of them, actually, no, it did. They started following them a chunk. It was like walking down a chunk of it broke away. Not a lot lot, but yeah. So from there after the kid revealed, we get the cat reveal. Man, this giant dinosaur cat with little fur cat hairballs did look all talked about it. What do you mean you understanding? They explained this at the end. Why the image was there.
Speaker 2: Think about how AI used to display things like the prompts you give AI. It would spit out something fucking insane. So if you think that this technology is not fully you know, fully formed yet, and you imagine something like a tall monster cat or whatever, a big monster cat, it's gonna spit out something like this, a big thing with the cat head made up of a whole bunch of kittens. Yeah, they actually said it some time about a centaur earlier. Yes, a centaur, she said, the kitten, all of this stuff, all the stuff.
Speaker 1: Said the glitter thing. Yeah, like it was just was listening to them and created those images.
Speaker 2: It was like remembering Ghostbusters when he tells dan Aykroyd, he's like, just get everything out of your mind. But he still thought of marshmallow Man and he's like, well, I tried to think of the most friendly thing. How could he kill us? It's kind of the same thing. How would a big kitten kill you? Well, if it's made up of a whole bunch of other kittens and it's that big, of course it can.
Speaker 1: Kill a lot of different movies. Yeah, there's only one thing that I wonder, but we'll get there. About the cat, the cat, The kids weren't affected Aby the cat, didn't care about the cat at all. It will take selfies and all this and ate by the cat.
Speaker 2: But that kind of shows that the kids who were into it don't think that it's a spectacle for them. Like I said, this is when the movie started picking up for him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, uh, I'm gonna move past the cat this like, e, I'm moving past the cat Ken, did you have something? Go ahead? So we get these best Buy workers to pop back up, and he's pissed. That is it Carl, Doug, I don't know one of them.
Speaker 3: Carl stop saying to He was like, carlos what he said? He said something that was funny about Carl.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 5: He said, Carl didn't have to die? Is that who That's the one that went outside and was the one.
Speaker 1: Got hit by the car. Oh. It was like he said something about Carl is not coming back or something. Bro. It was something he said in a smart way. It was funny. So, yeah, Carl gets hit by the car. Doug is there morning him? I wrote down Susan's revealed at the door when they walked through the door to get the AI. Dude, she tells him because.
Speaker 3: The guy that didn't believe in and the guy saying Rockwall's character, he saved them by hitting you know, Duk car.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Oh yeah. When we get to the they were like read the room. Yeah gotcha. He was like, I told you I'd make it. I told you I to make it one of the last one thons. I thought, dude was funny. So at the door, Susan reveals to the due from the future that you know, she'd been listening to AI. This is what led her here. Her son's in the box. He's telling her the son's not real. Did y'all think that this is coming to play at all? I didn't like whether we whether they were real or not. That's just in or off space is He seemed hyper focused. He wanted to know how she knew what the door was. He wanted to know. Then at that point when she told him her son was like, she's listening to him, It's like, well, this has to come in my opinion, as if it was like, well this has to come into play, because why would they bring it up right before they go in here. So I'm thinking that whatever's going to happen happens from it. Did you see suspect anything from the AI box chat box? No?
Speaker 4: Not.
Speaker 1: He's been pretty much on point with a lot of things. So so we get inside the house and his parents, the nine year olds parents, obviously he would have parents are there and they're acting way too nice, and a future guy calls him out on it's like this ship ain't real, Like something's going on. This is correct? Did y'all think the same thing? Wait? Which park? Now are you talking about the we walking in the house with the parent and we walked in the house.
Speaker 3: He said there were actors and all those stuff, and they pulled pulled a.
Speaker 1: Gun, offered them supper like they weren't even talking like they were They just offer them supper and asked to sit down and all of these things. And it finally comes out that they aren't real. They are AI. What the lady said, she wasn't. She was like, I ain't getting paid enough of this ship. She left. Yeah, and then the other guy was AI. Yes, that part was funny. And because he tried to stab them in the head or whatever it may be, they killed one guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they killed one guy killed Uber.
Speaker 3: Drive five star rating. Yeah, I think that. I think that guy was AI. He killed him. Yeah, okay, yeah, but she was a paid actor and she left and dipped.
Speaker 1: So they go to the door of the room is supposedly what the kid is as a wall there that when he confirms his conspicuous that this is fake, they have to break down the drawwall to find out what the kid actually was. He's in this big womb, playing this AI thing, coating on top of a creepy to crown a throne of wires. That's what I was about to ask. You did this scene the scene looked visually it was dope, creepy. Yeah, did you like his I did like.
Speaker 2: This scene that I did like the scene, especially that it was a kid. The kid was completely hyper focused, you know, tapped into whatever this thing is that he's watching this giant screen, and even when they're talking to him, he's not even registering.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: But then when he does finally, he doesn't saying anything. He just looks at your heads. So no, I did. I did like this scene.
Speaker 1: Listen to me. I was allowed to laugh in the theater when he hit that little boy man, people were looking at me. I was laughing. Fun me.
Speaker 4: He busted out, I.
Speaker 1: Busted out last. It made the people next to me the mound because you don't see that. You never see people here kids like that. And he looked at him and he yells heed.
Speaker 3: I was crying. Yeah, that ship was funny. And then he's trying to wake him up. He was like, oh, I think we got to put him back.
Speaker 1: They had to put him back in front of the screen and hold his head to wake him up. It was hilarious.
Speaker 3: Ron, did you think about five Nights and Friddays when he saw that bad?
Speaker 1: I can't even remember. Did you think about it all the creepy dog man?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like the bad and there was the little thing like I put the doll.
Speaker 1: Hair on it. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. I was like, oh, they looked like to find Nights of Freddy like Freddy. So we start to see the kid's powers. He could control everything in the damn room. He uses the wires to control them. Uh, pushed him up against the wall, and then that's when you get our girl comes back in the doorway. They show her standing there with all the wires and everything. It was really dope scene visually in my opinion. And then the kid reveals as he's talking to Ingrid what this is all about. And we also find out that the kid is a clone. It's Ai building Ai. Did y'all take anything from him? You know? Well?
Speaker 3: So yeah, it's like so it connects everything. So the triangle, the kids in the beginning, the kids being consumed by you know, everything that's happening right now. He's sitting on this tower of wires which is triangular in shape, you know. And it wasn't an actual kid building, but like you said, it was AI building itself replicated Solf And you think about what we discussed on is the Micealon with the motebot thing. Now, whether it's real or whether it's a troll, but nevertheless, that fear is out there that AI becomes sentient and sentient and it starts, you know, basically controlling itself and been on the world and controlling people to the point where it got there's one guy to live in the world virtually.
Speaker 1: I think about Ready Player one.
Speaker 3: Which is a movie about the guy putting the ocylist thing on and they're playing video games like that, and the worlds that can be built out of it, but also the threats that can potentially.
Speaker 1: Come from it or that are there right now.
Speaker 3: So you know, it's it's it's a movie and a discussion about the possible real world threats that could happen and the links that AI would go through in order.
Speaker 1: Totect it protect itself. Yeah yeah, so yeah, so we also get to reveal Ingridge is the future guy's mom.
Speaker 2: Now that part I was confused about because it seemed like she.
Speaker 1: Just knew it. Did somebody tell her? I think I did, as as as a little kid was talking to her. She was like, oh, Like the realization started to hit her because he was like that, there's a reason that you're supposed to be here. I told her I wanted you to come. But did he fly out say it? Yeah, he touched the belly and she figured it out.
Speaker 2: Okay, I missed the probably touched the belly then, Okay, he probably, I probably, I'm probably looking at my phone.
Speaker 3: But yeah, but he did say I wanted you to be here, and she was like what. And then because it was really weird because because now I'm thinking about it, I needed to go back to see how she ended up on the mission in the first place.
Speaker 1: Because he kept kipping over her. Remember, he know that's his mom. He don't want he want? Yeah, he knew the whole time. He knew the whole time that's his mom. And did you play back to the points of well, why didn't he wanted to get hurt? And she asked him that, She's like, why are you so concerned about my life? Mmm? He could never answer.
Speaker 3: He just looked at it because he saved her from getting killed by the car. But we're thinking at the time also that she was just deprided of something, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it wasn't. It was just he was trying to protect her because I was the mom. Yep.
Speaker 3: But it was something where he he went ahead and added her to the mission, and I forgot what it was.
Speaker 1: She said something in the diner like she was suicidal, something like something like that.
Speaker 2: So I think maybe he might have been scared that if I don't learn on the misage, he's gonna die anywhere killing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so the AI wants the baby, which y'all had to give a a baby to save human race, because it sounded like there was an offer that he was making he can have this motherfucker. I don't want to know what I was thinking, give him the baby.
Speaker 3: No. I think if he got the baby, then because the baby is the threat, it's not going to save.
Speaker 1: The human race. Well that's how he presented it. Yeah, but she was like yeah, he was yeah.
Speaker 2: No, this this again. This is where the movie was getting interesting. I wish for me it was interesting the whole time. But I was also annoyed because you know, like time travel stuff. So when we started getting into all the Okay, I came back in time to talk to my mom, but the AI knew I came back in time, and the AI knows my Mother's like all right.
Speaker 1: Man, like yeah.
Speaker 3: The thing I was struggling with was just he when they do this in movies, right when they were like, oh we got nineteen seconds and it'd be like five minutes. I'm like, come on, man, that time been every time.
Speaker 1: Let's go, And he told the whole story about due life before then she finally plugs it in, but she plugs it in after she says, fuck the future. That was corny. It was it was that's all I got, and she plugs in the thing to wherever it needed to go, and that was the Sun. That was Susan's son that she plugged into the AI, which I'm still confused fake Susan son, which made me think back to the Black Dude that they knew this was going to happen and wanted this to happen, and they were trying to stop the AI.
Speaker 3: So they had to have known about Sam Rockwall's character at some point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, maybe they were from the future too. Yeah, yeah, yeah, could be with their whole point too, which I liked because we get to the end she plugs it in and it seems like they're safe. But Sam Rockwall's character looks around. He starts to notice. He's like, oh the fuck on, this is something not right he did, But they got me. It made my suspicions true from earlier that I wrote down in the sense of why is everybody acting so weird? So I didn't know if that world was also AI world or just this last world was AI world. No, I couldn't. I was looking at like, this movie's.
Speaker 2: Quirky and kind of goofy anyway, so maybe they are just happy that they want So I was like, okay, whatever. But then when Sam Rockwell started acting like wait, wait nah.
Speaker 1: Then when he started to pull his thumb out, I was like, wait, what's he doing?
Speaker 2: And then to look on her face, I was like, oh when the little boy he says you know whatever it is half yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, this is AI because that's what they say in the AI video game.
Speaker 1: They say that statement.
Speaker 2: I was like, that's actually pretty, that's pretty gosh darned good.
Speaker 1: You got me. You got me, mister Rockwell, So he goes to the future. Then the movie starts over and he goes into the diner. This was cool, and does the whole thing over again, but differently. This time he starts with his mom and they have a plan now, which I thought was dope, a great way to end it on top of the Ai in it, but going there now he understands more because he did make it to the end and he understands what to do now to get to the end. So he starts with his mom this time. I thought that was fine.
Speaker 2: I thought it was brilliant that they got to the understanding of we don't need to fight this, We don't need to try to fight Ai. We just need to talk to everybody else about Yai is bad. But no, I thought the ending, I wish I liked the rest of the movie.
Speaker 1: I need to maybe I need to go watch it again once I did come I did.
Speaker 2: I did come around later on that one, so it could be six months later. I might come around on this because I really loved how creative the ending was, where he's just like, Okay, yeah, I'm just gonna go straight to you.
Speaker 1: We just need to give the world.
Speaker 2: What you have make everybody allergic to tech and they're not going to want to be overly focused on it.
Speaker 1: So yeah, man, that was really cool. It was it was not Deepkevo the.
Speaker 2: Dis again, it was Cat Dick you okay with Cat dig I don't that was that whole thing with the Cat. I was like, this is fucking brilliant. What happened to the first half of this movie?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I thought that was And I thought like even I don't know, we just kind of talked about it, but like just how how it did look normal at first? You know what I'm saying, look like they were in a normal world. Was like, what are you talking about? And he's just like, yeah, this ain't it. Even she was confused, like what do you what do you know what I'm saying?
Speaker 1: Like we won?
Speaker 5: What do you know what they're doing? Like, and then he's like, oh shit, this ain't This ain't right because what what kind of world is that?
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying?
Speaker 5: Where it's like that, It's like, yeah, that doesn't work either. So so yeah, that was done really well, like done really well, and just for him to have the foresight and like, yo, this ain't it.
Speaker 1: Either everybody's too nice, and that does make sense. Yeah, in the real world, no one's that nice. He was like, everybody's too nice. This can't be real.
Speaker 2: And I love the whole idea of him saying, like the AI is just constantly trying to give you what it thinks you want.
Speaker 1: Yes, so yeah, yeah that man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the whole the whole last forty minutes of this was so good.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: The ending is definitely what was sealed it for me. You know, I've been complaining we ain't we have had any sci fi fantasy movies, so this this was like.
Speaker 1: Was that a movie? Right? And the comedian part, you know what? Like, I feel like Y two K tried to do this and it just didn't. It didn't.
Speaker 2: Did you liked that was funny like K, but didn't like this as wild because I feel like, why too? Sorry, Spike, I thought that Y two K was only moderately trying to say something important. I felt like this was trying really hard to say something important, but there was too much quirky comedy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like they were using the you know, what's the saying about sugar with your medicine?
Speaker 1: Sure, yeah, you know, sort of thing right.
Speaker 3: They were trying to get the message across and comedic way and people walk away like oh ship. But I like the ending because I liked it because it's it's man, it's it's it's It wasn't a happy ending, and I and I like movies that don't end on a happy note. Like they did not win in the end, you know, even when he got stabbed, like the little fucker got me, you know, And I hate how.
Speaker 1: To antagonize it at first, like can't do it, like they were talking ship to the little robots.
Speaker 2: I didn't think he could turn around, and that's.
Speaker 3: Why some of the atagonized like oh dang, yeah, so I liked that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it wasn't a happy ending.
Speaker 3: And they even gave us a clue because the clone kid didn't have the thing on the back, right.
Speaker 1: But I just looked over that until he realized them, like this ain't right.
Speaker 3: The question I have is I don't have to think about the world that we just came out of with the cat, Like was the cat even real or was that another AI world that we were in.
Speaker 2: I think that was a real world, okay, And that's why he had to hit the well shit Ken, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know, because the cat is such a ridiculous thing.
Speaker 3: How can it manifest this so physically in the world unless it was using a three D printer?
Speaker 2: But I thought that was how because again I thought that it was a manifestation of the AI trying to give you what it thought you wanted. You imagine something that was part centaur and kitty, So it gives you this thing that is part centaur and kitty.
Speaker 1: But it's terrifying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and if AI doesn't fully understand what an actual monster even is yet, all it knows is these prompts, you give it centaur cat and say, okay, well I need glitter this, yeah, glitter. I need this centaur cat glitter thing to be able to kill people.
Speaker 1: What do I do?
Speaker 2: I make it huge and it's made up of little kittens. All of this was was was too good. I think if this movie was a little bit more serious, I think I would have liked it a lot more.
Speaker 1: Damn it. I don't know. I don't know if. I don't know if that was the whole world though now he's saying that, I know that's actually good, Ken, I don't know.
Speaker 3: It just came out of this conversation because I took it as real. But when we were just talking about it earlier, that's why I said, I'll come back to it at the end.
Speaker 1: Now I have to question that because the moms and stuff were acting weird in this world too, like that was AI.
Speaker 2: But I thought they were trying to say that that they were being controlled by the AI, right, not that they themselves were right. Right? Was this an ar that part? I don't I didn't think about until Ken said it.
Speaker 3: I don't know, but the message that I not to be that guy. But it's also like we're fighting against AI. But yeah, at the same time, AI still was going to get here no matter what. It's going to find a way to get here. So we're in this constant loop of trying to come back and get rid of AI. But AI, in his own way, is like, no, that's not going to happen. The inevitability of AI is going to be here regardless, you know. So it's like it sends like dual messages. It's like we're gonna defeat it, but yeah, the AI is like, no, you're not. Like the future is gonna come regardless one way or the other.
Speaker 2: But that's what made the ending good though. Yeah, they did, they did figure out to defeat it. We have to stop fighting it. Yeah, just make it to where people are allergic to even dealing.
Speaker 1: With it using her blood, right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now, I guess the whole One last question I had was how come he wasn't allergic to attack then? Because if they were going to use her blood to infect everybody else to make them allergic to tack, why wasn't her own son allergic attack?
Speaker 1: That was definitely a or maybe he wasn't. There was something to ma. He probably just got it from his dad, or you might. You might be right. Cell phones was protecting, shielding in front, see that.
Speaker 2: Those are the kind of things I well, I guess you don't really need answers.
Speaker 1: I guess it's not that big of a deal.
Speaker 2: But if that's not the case, and that's kind of a big hole in the story, I'm assuming that's why he had that protective gear on.
Speaker 1: And to your point of did he know it was his mom? That's why he collected the cell phones because there was no other reason to do. He knew she was allergic. That's why he told everybody, give me your cell phone.
Speaker 2: I thought he was doing that because he knew that if just like when the when the guys were at the school, the cell phones were controlling people.
Speaker 1: So I thought that's why he took the cell wasn't adults though it was only controlling kids. No adults were being controlled by this. He just took the phones because he knew she was allergic to him, and that's why they had to reveal when somebody still had when her nose. So I believe he said fuck your ho.
Speaker 4: Hey r ro D, that's man. This interview is long enough. That wraps up our review. Man Rod, ready to get out of here. I've started three Uh. We appreciate you guys checking it out.
Speaker 1: What was it? Good luck? Have fun? No die, I wonder if you said put that Justine. Then back and watching man watching. I really like the end. Let us know what y'all think. Man, we out peace,