Speaker 1: The Frames per Second Podcast.
Speaker 2: All right, welcome everybody to a new episode of Frames per Second Kenneth be And shared with Spike, Mike and Rod. We're doing fifteenth year anniversary of Source Code, which stars Jake Gillen Hall. Is from twenty eleven Jillen Is It Jilly Gillen Hall and it's written by Ben Ripley and directed by Duncan Jones. He is a US Army officer who gets stuck in an eight minute loop which is a recreation of a train explosion that happened, and he has to find out who did it? Who set the budget of thirty two mil and did a box office of one hundred and forty seven.
Speaker 3: Meal really yeah, so I ain't really being big like that. Jake Jim had a run yeah yeah, so yeah, No, it did well.
Speaker 2: It's one of those movies that you know, it is kind of made for like the screen and not a lot of super thinking, so sort of those sort of I don't know block us to special summer movies.
Speaker 4: But because it was released in March, I think this would be like a considered thinking movie.
Speaker 5: Though at the time you think so, I think so.
Speaker 1: I don't know, it seemed fairly straightforward.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it is like a who done it type of situation though what it is that who done it? Absolutely is and those those used to be considered like thinking, like uh.
Speaker 5: Like the ones we watched like seven and.
Speaker 6: What was the other one?
Speaker 5: It was another one.
Speaker 1: I don't think.
Speaker 6: Definitely a thinking movie.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you're probably not viewing it that way because other movies have been made since then that's been better.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but definitely at the time, I feel like this.
Speaker 2: Was Was anybody seen this before?
Speaker 4: Hell no, I did. Actually I think I didn't. I couldn't remember because it didn't stick with me like that.
Speaker 6: I don't remember I start watching it that I had seen.
Speaker 1: It exactly the same thing.
Speaker 4: I was like, oh, yeah, I did see this, because it took a minute too. I was like, wait, did I see this? Because I was I did follow the I.
Speaker 5: Wasn't that whole Jake Jenna Hall trained.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Oh Jesus.
Speaker 8: You're so corny man.
Speaker 5: It didn't come to me until I was.
Speaker 4: Jesus, but I was that on that so so now yeah, I was like, okay, yeah, I do remember this, all right, So Mike, this is your first time watched.
Speaker 7: I had never even heard of this movie and I walked in completely fucking blind.
Speaker 1: What'd you walk away with?
Speaker 5: Y'all can have this ship?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 8: This was boring as fuck to me going on.
Speaker 7: Hell No, I was like once he was going around, I was like, bro, I'm good this is I don't even care who blues.
Speaker 5: I wanted to blow the whole.
Speaker 7: Fucking system up. I was like, you the fucking lady controlling it? Fucking uh, what's black?
Speaker 5: What's the black?
Speaker 7: Dudes like Jeffrey White with his fucking cane. I would have blew all of them up.
Speaker 8: I did not care. This was just this was an annoying movie.
Speaker 5: Did you Did you feel like you knew who it was?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 7: Because I didn't care who it was because they never really gave me enough explanation for me to care about why this specific train explosion was so important.
Speaker 8: I know they ended up saying it kind of, but I just they took their time.
Speaker 1: Getting there right, So I was like, why should I give a fuck? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, watching it again, I'm like, oh, I kind of clearly see who the person is.
Speaker 7: I kind of guessed it was him, But then at the same time, I was just like, well, it's not gonna be him.
Speaker 5: That'd be too like, I'm like, look, he dropped his.
Speaker 7: Phone and the guy around home, man, here's your phone, and they focused on that. At first, I was like, oh, it's that guy's No way, that's too obvious.
Speaker 5: It was wallet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, no, yeah, you're right. I'm like, cand of be this obvious, Like what the fuck? Well no, yeah, it absolutely wasn't. Yeah, I can't remember the first time I ever watched it. If I guessed who it was, I doubt it. But yeah, i've seen it before.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 2: It's not one of that that's a rewatchable. It's just like, okay, i've seen it one.
Speaker 5: Some good you know, but probably I didn't remember it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: It took about Uh, I'm kind of like you guys, I know I've seen it before, but I can remember everything that.
Speaker 1: Was going on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so now I realized it was just kind of like The Trainers. Well, oh yeah, I do remember this because it reminds me of another movie. Tom Cruise was the one that was similar to where he kept going back in time trying to stop something. No, it's not Minority Report, it was something else. I think it was Tom Cruise, but I'll look to see if I can find it. But but yeah, but apparently it was definitely kind of held in in I regard, I said, yeah, regard enough, I should say, I know Tom Cruiser did the Mummy. Maybe I forgot about that ship which Edge of Tomorrow I think is the movie I'm thinking about what Mummy was he in.
Speaker 1: It was in two thousand and seven. He did a Mummy movie.
Speaker 2: Like the franchise, but I don't know if it was like the one that we reviewed. But yeah, he definitely did a Mummy movie.
Speaker 5: I can't remember seen most of his movies too, but I remember Edge of Tomorrow too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, so yeah, yeah, yeah, he was in the Tom loop.
Speaker 2: So yeah, so you know, so overall, also, Mike was like, all right, I'm good. How do you guys feel like it held up over time? Fifteen years later.
Speaker 4: Mike said, it already, they've done it better since then. This is like super obvious, but I think they've gotten better with not making stuff so obvious.
Speaker 5: And I don't know, it.
Speaker 4: Could have used a little a little more depth, a little bit more motive, But I mean, yeah, I think I think it. I think it was good for the time. You know what I'm saying, like, like it was fun.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I agree with Raw and Mike. I think it was good for the time.
Speaker 9: But I also think that we've seen movies do this type of thing so much better.
Speaker 6: Now it's like, okay, it's like average.
Speaker 1: So it's not recommendable.
Speaker 9: Like you, No, I wouldn't tell nobody that, man, you've got man best performances, not like the movie we saw last week. I told people like, nah, you have to see that. I was texting people that, so I left out the movie. I can't believe it ain't like it. I didn't say that. I was definitely you've been insinuated since since Thursday we was about he was rolling his eyes.
Speaker 1: I didn't roll my eyes. I was just like, oh, yeah, he.
Speaker 6: Liked it, so yeah, it ain't a movie like that.
Speaker 9: Then I will be like, now you have to see this, but it's it's cool if it's on TBS or something.
Speaker 6: I wouldn't watch it on TBS. I cut that shit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know if it's I think, yeah, I don't know. I'm trying to think like I don't know. I don't know what tear it falls on there when it comes to like mainstream action movies. You know, I don't know where it will fall, but.
Speaker 5: This is considered like FI too, right mm hm, thriller type of thing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's just not great because it's just there was no point where I was like, oh man, where's the bomb? And got to find the bomb? And what's going on with this girl? And who is just like Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, I don't think I remember why.
Speaker 4: They had to stop this particular train because they were the guy was going to set off a nuclear a dirty bomb.
Speaker 1: Because this is in Chicago.
Speaker 6: He was on the guy when the guy was on that train.
Speaker 1: Oh so it kind of morphed into this.
Speaker 2: Uh, instead of an exterior threat to the US, it was the threat is domestic and this was this guy.
Speaker 1: He was the one that was his reason for doing it.
Speaker 7: But I guess because this wasn't time travel, this was just him going back and simulating, then what was the point Because the world was already fucked by that point, so who cared?
Speaker 6: But if he if he fixed it, then the world doesn't get fucked.
Speaker 9: But he wasn't going back in time, but he had to take somebody off the map.
Speaker 6: If I'm not mistake is.
Speaker 9: Right, that kind of confusing, Yeah, question, Yeah, he asked that question. I don't remember what he said, but he asked a question, and I thought they said, well, it's specific to killing that one.
Speaker 6: Particular guy because that will stop a chain of events.
Speaker 9: Because remember he tried to save the girl, and they was like it no matter, she dead in another world anyway.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but if what he's doing, explain that. Yeah, if they explained it, I missed it because.
Speaker 2: He wouldn't know that the guy sitting off a dirty bomb, as if the dirty bomb went off, right, he didn't go off though, right, Yeah, so it's too he was setting up another one, so they only had a certain time frame to get it done.
Speaker 5: That's why he was running out of time.
Speaker 2: So they had intel that he was going to set off another one. They just didn't know who it.
Speaker 4: Was was, so they had to go back in time. But they only had a certain time frame to do that. I know, it seems that's right. Yeah, Yeah, that's what it was.
Speaker 2: And we just kept reliving because he went back nine times, right, yeah, so.
Speaker 4: He had about an hour maybe a solid hour to get it done. That's why they kept sending them back, like, don't even don't even talk to us about to send them back.
Speaker 1: Let him figure it out. Well, he went eight times.
Speaker 2: Uh, the night time was when he went back to just stay so yeah, so yeah, about a run an hour or so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, before he got to his next destination. So mm hmm.
Speaker 2: I mean they he kind of you know, broke things up into faces, using the loops to kind of slowly kind of fill out aspects of the story.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: So his backstory, he thought he was on a mission and afrigat us and just woke up and you know, he was very disoriented. His friend Christine and Warren was on the train. They show us the reflection of him. He's a different person. So like the first loop was just an introduce, introduction to the character. Then we went back to base and then we get his backstory and we see kind of them kind of going through this sort of pattern recognition and ye that was cool, right, yeah, the cars and stuff.
Speaker 5: Yeah, instead of just giving them the information, just making them, you know, self teach them.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: No, I don't even remember this, okay, but.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, because he was disoriented when he came out of the loop and he didn't know where he was and.
Speaker 6: They had these little check marks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so they had these.
Speaker 9: Triggered his memory to start to be like, oh, I'm touching something. I was already bored the first time.
Speaker 1: Did you know what beliaguer?
Speaker 5: You call me?
Speaker 2: Belaeguer Castle was the name of the place. That's a real place. No, but the word belieguer though English major.
Speaker 10: I was asking, I'm not English major, something English a belieguer.
Speaker 5: No, I've never heard that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I looked at him. I was like, beleaguer castle.
Speaker 2: I was like, but, yeah, belieguer is a one of the definitions of a place arounded by armed forces aiming to capture it or for surrender besieged, and also means in a very difficult situation.
Speaker 1: So I think it was the first one.
Speaker 5: I've never heard that before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I just looked at it was like, beleaguer castle. Why did they pick the beleaguered? Yeah, neither his name so that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So they kind of moved this thing along fairly quick. And in the second trip they found the bomb, you know, and at this point, uh, that that comedian was on there, he said, he asked him about that, he said, uh, he called him an assholes. Festival and you're the headliner, and y'all remember that.
Speaker 8: I did think that was it was.
Speaker 7: It was such a nineties joke, but it was kind of funny because I grew up in the nineties.
Speaker 8: It's like, oh, that's not something I would have said.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I'm gonna just kind of go through the trips and different things that that happened.
Speaker 5: I did like that they got to that fast.
Speaker 1: He did.
Speaker 6: That was one of the best things about this movie. What did it was fast?
Speaker 7: And that there wasn't a single black person in the whole movie was right, he don't count.
Speaker 5: It was a black person in the train too.
Speaker 8: Right, I don't remember a single black person on.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It was like he was gonna be late.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah he was.
Speaker 8: I didn't think about that.
Speaker 1: You're right.
Speaker 5: I'm so fucked that is fucked up.
Speaker 4: Oh man, Oh my god, that's fucked up. Damn Ye, you're right though, even in the simulation, we can't be on got some ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so so yeah, we found the ball round trip to then we're back at base and that's what saw the movie's name in the background, and we get information about him and that he's been with the unit for two months ago. He thought and uh, and then they explained what the movie is and what source code is and basically just going back into the body of a dead person that head.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it just fits.
Speaker 5: That fits his like kind of that was.
Speaker 2: Kind of that was kind of interesting that you have like eight minutes of time left before everything just goes dark.
Speaker 1: So I thought that was pretty interesting.
Speaker 8: That's a cool idea.
Speaker 7: I wish they'd just done something cooler with it, but this is a really cool idea.
Speaker 8: Probably they didn't make a equal to.
Speaker 2: This, they very well could because I think it was round trip three or four is when he saved the girl. They got off the train, and he was like, no, I really saved her, Like, are y'all sure? It was like we all did?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 7: See that was that was also my confusion, because I was like, why does he think Why does he think he saved her?
Speaker 8: He knows this isn't time travel, so I was just confused.
Speaker 2: For well, I think that's that was confused to him, and that's why he was like for certain that what they were saying wasn't real because it seemed like, damn, bro, so you can just go live your life. That's what I'm thinking.
Speaker 6: Just hopped off the train and just stayed there.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, then they killed him.
Speaker 2: But the way they were trying to say it is like, no, once you get that eight minute like and that, that's that's a wrap. But I thought the explanation was getting this when they explained what was going on with the train and why he needed to stop a ride because it was the first attack of a series.
Speaker 4: Of attack, and he was saying, is that those people are gone? Like we're just trying to say, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 7: Mean but but for Jake Jonhall's character to be like, well, no, I saved the girl.
Speaker 5: The girl was saved.
Speaker 7: Was that just supposed to imply that he couldn't separate that world from reality.
Speaker 5: It was supposed to it was supposed to imply that.
Speaker 4: But then it also, which we'll get to towards the end, shows that he was actually kind of right.
Speaker 5: How was he right? Because it's parallel in another world. She saved.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's saved in that world, not in not in not.
Speaker 7: A real world like her, she's dead. This is only a world in his brain.
Speaker 5: No, this is a parallel.
Speaker 2: World, marvel Ship, parallel world, yeah sure, yeah, yeah, parallel world.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 11: So all right, So three, this got worse to me. You would love to have more content from frames per second. Become a patron where you can contribute to what we review and discuss. Our patreon gives the listeners the power to nominate and vote a monthly discussion in film review, while also nominating and voting on weekly solo reviews from each cast member. You also get the opportunity to vote on the publicly released anniversary film, all exclusive to our Patreon. So become a patron at patreon dot com frames per second, where there are two tiers you can choose from. That's patreon dot com forward slash frames per second.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the third trip back he knows everything is real, so now he's moving differently than the oh yeah, and then yeah, the third trip is when they're explaining source code and the light bulb. They use the light bulb to describe it about how it goes off, and then that's when we learn that he's on the train and he's he in the body of the courts and blah blah blah blah blah. So they said this isn't time travel, but to you, Mike, it's time travel.
Speaker 7: No, no, no, no, that's what I'm saying. No, at this point, it's not time travel. At this point, I understand that this is all fake, This is all simulation.
Speaker 1: So you were cool with where we were going. It's just a movie was born.
Speaker 7: Yes, I thought the idea itself of putting putting someone's essence into this time through source code or through hacking, I thought that was a really cool idea.
Speaker 8: I just didn't give a fuck about why he was doing it.
Speaker 2: Right, And then this is the point where he was confused, right, and his mind. He saved the woman, but it was only in a parallel universe. And I'm trying to remember if Jeffrey Wright said it, but he said the universe that world doesn't exist.
Speaker 5: But right, yeah, I mean, but it's no way he can act.
Speaker 9: But absolutely, yeah, he don't know that because later on in the movie, when a thing happened his whole ship, he didn't realize that they had figured it out because it went back in time with some crazy ship.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, movie, we're going straight through this movie fairly quickly. For uh, he knows everything. He tried to steal a gun and didn't work, blah blah blah. Uh, then he found out that uh, he sees the bad ceoc and and he calls the bass and try to figure out reach Jeffrey, right, but none of that ship happens because he's in another world, because he's in this old world.
Speaker 8: Didn't you know that?
Speaker 5: Why didn't who know what that?
Speaker 7: He wasn't in the world where he can make a fucking phone called Jeffrey Right. I was like, is this guy stupid or something?
Speaker 1: He didn't know that initially?
Speaker 8: Why didn't he?
Speaker 5: What did he think?
Speaker 8: Okay, so in the movie, he must have thought he was time traveling.
Speaker 2: I wrote down that this was time travel by another name. That's what it seemed like to me.
Speaker 8: But nothing he could do and that would reality that. I don't know why he didn't know that, right, That's what I'm getting. So did he just not know that he was not time traveling?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 4: Is it because he's the one experiencing it. They're not experiencing it he.
Speaker 7: Is, I know, but she kind of told him that this is what's happening. You're basically dead. Everybody on that train is dead. We're just sending you back in a simulation. I'm pretty sure she told him that. So was his simple ass just not understanding what she was.
Speaker 2: Saying at this point. He didn't find that out until after.
Speaker 7: This right exactly, but at some point she told him that. So why did he keep insisting, Well, I say the girl.
Speaker 4: Because it feels real to him, even though she told his stupid ass it wasn't okay.
Speaker 5: So he believed her, right, did he?
Speaker 4: No, he did so, but he in order to test it, test the theory, to see if he was actually out of his.
Speaker 1: Mind, he wrote a letter.
Speaker 5: He wrote a letter to her to who to why the command? Yeah, whoever she is.
Speaker 4: He wrote a to her that that she'll get later on like y'all don't know if you probably don't know, but the program works d D.
Speaker 5: So he did that. The other thing he did was had the comedian.
Speaker 4: I know, I'm skipping, but he had the comedian make everybody laugh in that moment, so that'll be like the lasting memory.
Speaker 5: Yes, he didn't know it was going to continue after that.
Speaker 4: He just that's why he had the comedian do that, so at least that everybody have they're about to die, but at least they'll have this last the last last when they die. Yeah, I'm following, But what happened was is that the ship, that parallel universe, continued on, do you know what I'm saying?
Speaker 5: He didn't know what it was.
Speaker 7: He didn't know it would This is not a parallel universe. And this is just his simulation in his in his brain palniverse.
Speaker 6: And he did something to change the universe.
Speaker 1: He did. He wrote it.
Speaker 8: So and that letter get delivered.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, this movie.
Speaker 2: In another world, another parallel universe. The letter he wrote to get to them to stop the train from blowing up.
Speaker 5: It's dumb as.
Speaker 7: Hell, bro, it's not. It sucks, it's not. And he went back in a simulation and then he figured out that, oh, ship, this is a parallel universe. I'm a writer letter And the motherfuckers that made the ship didn't know this.
Speaker 1: He didn't figure it out.
Speaker 5: He just he tried.
Speaker 4: He didn't know, he didn't, He didn't. He didn't know if it was gonna actually work, but he tried it. But that's why I said, Yo, if this letter gets to you, this means this or whatever.
Speaker 8: So why did he come up with this theory?
Speaker 7: But they, the motherfuckers that made the ship, didn't already know that this is a possibility.
Speaker 4: Because Jeffrey Right was trying to test out the Yeah, he just you don't know if it was gonna work or not.
Speaker 7: So Jeffrey Right at some point thought that this could be a parallel universe.
Speaker 2: No, Jeffrey Right, it is like this ship only exists in this in the in this world.
Speaker 5: And that's what he was when.
Speaker 8: Y'all said he didn't know if it would work or not.
Speaker 7: That doesn't make sense if he didn't even think that this was a parallel universe, because why would why would the idea of I don't know if this will work or not even come into play?
Speaker 8: Like I know for a fact, I can't walk on the wall. I don't have to test that ship.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 9: So, but Jake Jenlehaal character was experiencing it, he thought since he was experiencing it, well, the movie presented it as since he was experiencing it, he had a different expertise of the thing, the thing they were using, versus Jeffrey Right, who doesn't make it.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, and no. But he was also experimenting. But what what what what he was relaying back to Jeffrey Right. Jeffrey Wright, in his arrogance, didn't listen to us. He was saying, no, you only saved her in source code. That's it because the way he designed it, it only has eight minute intervals.
Speaker 1: So for him, that's that's it, the of how it worked.
Speaker 2: He should have been, as a creator more open to Jake saying that exactly.
Speaker 7: But Jake didn't know. He didn't know. But this the oh god, this is making.
Speaker 5: Was trying to relay it back.
Speaker 2: To to Jeffrey Wright's character Rutledge, but he.
Speaker 7: Wasn't experiencing anything except for what was in his brain.
Speaker 1: That's what Jeffrey Wright was telling him.
Speaker 7: This movie is trash. So he accidentally created a fucking time machine.
Speaker 5: This is do parallel.
Speaker 2: What happened was because he got killed, thrown him to the track. He never lived past the eight minute mark. He didn't get a chance to test this theory until the end.
Speaker 5: I got you right.
Speaker 7: But in order for him to make a parallel universe, he had to go back in time because these things already happened. So he must have accidentally set this motherfucker back in time thinking it was just the first count. It was a fucking time machine, because otherwise, how would the parallel universe get created?
Speaker 8: In order for him to send the letter to the other you.
Speaker 2: So each time he went back, he was going to a different parallel universe.
Speaker 8: This movie is trash.
Speaker 7: I cannot believe this movie is so much worse than I thought. I thought the movie was just okay after y'all explain what really happened.
Speaker 8: I think this movie sucks.
Speaker 2: That they've created another parallel universe with the dam mans.
Speaker 6: By accident, and it changed the new universe to the that's my.
Speaker 8: Point, it changed the new universe.
Speaker 7: If y'all told me Jeffrey Wright kind of knew that this might happen but he was hiding it, I would buy into that.
Speaker 8: But if he didn't, that's my point. But if he didn't know it all and he's just like, oh.
Speaker 7: We came up with this thing called source code where it sends you back into a simulation.
Speaker 8: Oops, it's actually a time machine.
Speaker 5: Guys.
Speaker 8: This is dumb.
Speaker 5: This movie is.
Speaker 2: See him not knowing the extent of what the machine is able to do. Maybe his his because he probably didn't even look past the fact that they could create and it makes sense. I don't think why he would even think that it would create a parallel universe.
Speaker 4: Right, he says In a letter, he says in a letter like this, This this thing works more than you guys could ever imagine it with.
Speaker 7: Yes see that makes sense that he would think that because he's experiencing this, so he would think, oh, this is what's happening. But if this is really what's happening, this takes this movie from a C to an F.
Speaker 4: But I think that's what what what people do when they tamper with with certain ship like that.
Speaker 5: Oh I know I'm talking like this ship is real. It might be, you know.
Speaker 4: What I'm saying like you just never know when you tamper with ship, you'd be changing the fabric of reality.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: So now you have the world where they stop the dirty bomb, and now you have the world where they stop the train and the dirty bomb.
Speaker 1: Yes, I wish, and now in.
Speaker 7: Time to stop this movie because this ship stud.
Speaker 2: Character, it's not happening in a parallel verse. Now he's alive and a completely different world. So he gave basically that to live again. Because did you guys think that he was dead? Did you guys?
Speaker 5: Was that a bit of a oh I think he was dead?
Speaker 1: Yeah? When they revealed that, how did you like.
Speaker 4: He was with one arm and one leg and shit, yeah, when he went back the last time, was not not that machine was dying. I think it was around trip five he went back because remember he called the base and he told Christina, I need you to go find this guy.
Speaker 2: And she went and looked him up and she was like, yeah, that guy's dead. Your friend is dead. And then that's when we got to reveal that he was actually dead too.
Speaker 7: Yes, okay, so when that happened, I was like, oh, that's really interesting. But again I was I knew I was missing something, and I sure shit wasn't about to watch it again. So I was just hoping y'all could explain it. I did not think the explanation going to be this stupid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I think that was it.
Speaker 2: That was like, you're in the body of a dead man and only the last for eight minutes. Oh, by the way, way, you're dead too, and that's why we were only able to as he said earlier, it's only a certain person that can do this.
Speaker 4: I don't think he was dead. I don't remember him being dead. I thought he was just decapitated. He not capitated, but.
Speaker 6: Because he told him to ask whatever.
Speaker 9: But it was him and he was dead, so that one time he told him and asked about this soldier that he claimed was his friend.
Speaker 4: Right, But that's so, so I think they were just lying. I think I think he's on life support, hooked up the neuro sensh.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, that's why he was right.
Speaker 4: So his father and everything think he's dead, but he's actually a part of this program right in their experiment and their experiment, and they're saying, yeah.
Speaker 1: No, he's dead. That's what it was. Yeah.
Speaker 5: So and then that's why he's like, yo, pull the plug on me.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so I can stay and see. That made the movie make I was like, Okay, he wants to stay in this, in this fantasy world. But now y'all are saying that this is actually another world, which is.
Speaker 4: Why he had those visions and stuff of it, And so it brings.
Speaker 5: What am I trying to say?
Speaker 4: So it makes it interesting, is like, okay, can you live in this parallel universe?
Speaker 5: And is it and is it actually real?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 2: I'm well yeah, that's where it gets confusing because they made it seem like it.
Speaker 4: Was really yeah, like you had memories memories of it, like, so this is something that was supposed to happen too, So it's parallel universes that's supposed to happen.
Speaker 5: Because he had these memories of it.
Speaker 2: It was confusing to me because at the end, I was like, wait a minute, they already stopped the bomb on the train, what is he doing? But it was another It was a completely different world. Ye, in an alternate reality basically, so and that was interesting. So they just took it to another place. I think they did that just so they can probably get a sequel maybe, but I.
Speaker 7: Mean, they don't need to use these characters for a sequel. I'm surprised they didn't just make a movie.
Speaker 5: Where to somebody else.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm surprised they didn't.
Speaker 2: But I think I think that was the only prototype, and this was proof that it worked in this experiment ninety. That's why he renegged on his whole promise to let him die, because that's when he told him to say that one soldier's death is something.
Speaker 1: I forgot what Lonnie said.
Speaker 8: But the woman did it still, She still pulled the plug off.
Speaker 1: Yeah she did.
Speaker 2: She honored him because she was a soldier he wasn't, so she understood the soldier's cold, which is why she a bet.
Speaker 4: But when he was out there, they was like open the fucking door. He was mad, you can't run after me, and ship like chill out.
Speaker 2: But he was a piece of shit, obviously because he was supposed to let him die, but she was gonna clear he was going to clear his memory and start over in another program. And at the time we're thinking, oh, he's gonna start over. He wouldn't even know about the mission that he just completed. But when you think about it, it's possible because he probably have remnants of that mission on mission too.
Speaker 1: But either way it go. You know, I think you function. I think it worked well enough.
Speaker 5: I'm glad y'all liked it. Yeah, I mean it was cool, it was decent. I think it's definitely for the time. I think that's.
Speaker 4: Where they got multiverse from Marvel just cross.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 2: I think, like, uh, to your point, they didn't have to introduce the alternate reality parallel universe.
Speaker 1: They really didn't.
Speaker 2: I think it would have been fine. I think they just wanted to. Maybe they just didn't want to kill the character and that was their way out. I think it ending with him going back, having people their last moments smiling, laughing, which is what he paid the comedian to do, and then kissing her. I think that would have been fine.
Speaker 5: Maybe the alternate universe is heaven.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, we.
Speaker 2: Appreciate you going down this.
Speaker 1: This uh.
Speaker 5: Happened.
Speaker 8: Well at least you're admitting that it's fake.
Speaker 4: See you you want You're the one said it.
Speaker 5: But that's not fake though, it is fake.
Speaker 7: If it's not real, is it real conscious?
Speaker 5: That's true?
Speaker 2: Well anyway, Yeah, so that that's it. Man, a fifteen years look back at source Code.
Speaker 5: Who the fun voted for this bullshit I don't know.
Speaker 4: I think it was did they? Taylor gave us a list? It was my pass right, that's right, and they voted.
Speaker 7: Yeah, wait, you this so fucking fun vote for this bullshit ass movie?
Speaker 2: Hey man, I was, you know, to talk about some sci fi source code?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Do you think it was over? The last question I had? Do you you guys already seen it? Do you think it was a waste of time?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 7: Before all of this, Before all of this, I didn't feel like it was a waste of time.
Speaker 5: I was a boring ass movie.
Speaker 7: Now I think it was a waste of time because they accidentally did time traveling.
Speaker 8: I can't travel.
Speaker 7: I feel like I am from I'm Gonna Off Universal. People think this shitty ass.
Speaker 5: Movie is good. Oh man, if it was not time.
Speaker 7: Travel, if it really just ended with Jake Gillenhall's character and the woman he saved the day he figured out who set the bomb off, and then they get to lift happily ever after in this in this simulation, and when they pull the plug, you know, the simulation continues in his brain.
Speaker 2: I'd be fine with that. That would have been a better ending. I don't know why they added the other element. I do agree with you that the simulation would.
Speaker 8: Have been the simulation interfering into the real world. That's the part where.
Speaker 5: I'm just like, this is stupid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was unnecessary.
Speaker 5: He said, send me back, send me back. It was right, we gotta go back. He wanted to try to save everybody.
Speaker 2: No, which was you know, yeah, I think I think I'm in agreement with you there, you know, to make him the hero.
Speaker 1: I think it was heroic.
Speaker 5: And he's a soldier, so he naturally wants to save people. He was going back to get some pusses.
Speaker 2: Man was but but I think stopping there and maybe him living in a simulation would have been right, would have been a better ending than adding the elements of it's a parallel universe and this machine.
Speaker 1: Is super powerful.
Speaker 2: But either way, I think it Ultimately, I think it's it's okay. I think I think they just cheated. I think they were just trying to cheat and they don't want Check to die what Paradise did.
Speaker 5: It's Alex.
Speaker 1: That's the initial Alex.
Speaker 6: Y'all lucky that I was thinking about you.
Speaker 5: I can punch somebody, Alex.
Speaker 7: I was texting the Home Alaska and I was because he was like, Oh, there's all kinds of theories that it's like lost and there's parallel. I was like, man, knock it off. That's not what's happening the next FU episode.
Speaker 6: I definitely got lost vibes from Paradise.
Speaker 5: Anyway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, check out our review of Paradise is up on the feet now and see what you guys. It's frustrated with Mike about that. I don't know what they're doing. I don't know why they did the time traill thing. It's what is it?
Speaker 4: It's like this accidental time travel. No, it is like this, It's absolutely like that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's alternate universes because the fucking sun. Yeah yeah, I'm like, why why do we always have to have this?
Speaker 2: Still, I don't know, I'm holding I hope that that's we're maybe spoiling some ship.
Speaker 4: You're right side, y'all can cut it off.
Speaker 2: We're talking about about to do the OMEN, y'all. Make sure y'all check out the OMEN reviews. How many years thirty, thirty, fifty, seventies, anyway more than thirty then?
Speaker 5: Yes, fifty, yes, uh, but yeah.
Speaker 1: We're ending here man. We'll catch you cauts that time. We up