Speaker 1: The Frames per Second Podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another episode of the France Second podcast. I'm your house for the evening. My name is Mike.
Speaker 1: Next to me, I have Spike, what up? Damn?
Speaker 2: Across from Spike, I have Ken and Ros punk Ass didn't see this, so he ain't here, so we're gonna talk about this just us three. We are talking about black Phone two.
Speaker 1: This is the.
Speaker 2: Newest film from Scott Derekson, who also did Blackphone One. Stars Mason Thames, Ethan Hagg, Madeline McGraw and yeah, let's do a quick round the room.
Speaker 1: First off, Spike, did you see black Phone one? Yes? Okay? Did you like Black Phone two? No?
Speaker 3: Damn, I don't think it was like one was fine, even though with me not being a big horror fan, but it doesn't enough like creepiness to it. It felt kind of realistic. Two I didn't. I didn't like the supernatural stuff. I didn't like the yet. You know, I've never seen Nightmare on and Holm Street. I don't like dream horror. So yeah, it was a lot of excessive Like when they kept cutting to the imagery, I knew what they were doing as far as their dreams of trying to give us context to the Little Boys, but I didn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't like it. Okay, Ken, did you like this?
Speaker 4: I questioned the need to make a sequel, damn. Re position the movie around the sister made sense and adding to the lore of Black Pom. I definitely really enjoyed the first one. This one was slow at times for me. I didn't think it was bad overall, but it really was only really picked up towards the end. Well, we got some pretty cool shots. I'm skating across the ice, all right.
Speaker 1: I liked it.
Speaker 2: I do think it was a bit too much of a homage to other films, like he wore his influences on his sleeve. A bit too much for me. But I enjoyed it. Man, I sat down. I had a good time with it. I thought the story was fun. It was very different from the first one, but I had a good time. So I'm here for Black Foam three.
Speaker 1: But it's gonna be three. You know it's gonna be a three. You know it's gonna be a three.
Speaker 2: The motherfucker when they pushed him into the lake and they made him grab his mask, I was like, why would he do that? Because he was gonna be a three, So so yeah, all right, Well it kicks off in Rocky Mountain, Colorado in nineteen sixty seven. We see a young girl named Hope Adler is on a pay phone, but after being startled by what she's seen to be hearing on the call, she runs off, which takes us to North Denver in nineteen eighty two, So this is four years later after the events of the first movie.
Speaker 1: So, Spike, was it good to see Finny and Gwen again? Yeah? It was?
Speaker 3: And I like they took del Marsh from the first one. He's like the blood these more impact than he was beating the dude. I liked seeing Finnie not be like a little getting bullied.
Speaker 1: I like to see him being like the Finnie that was kind of a badass. Was it good to see them again? Kin? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, you know kind of what Spike said opening with that scene in him, you know, paying tribute to his friend Robin Robin. Yeah, yeah, it was was dope.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was. I was.
Speaker 2: I didn't really look at the trailer too hard, so I didn't even realize they brought back the same two actors, and I thought that was good because they both looked like they you know, they've grown up a little bit, and it was Yeah, it was good to see Finn again and whooping some serious ass.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, but he's definitely grown up.
Speaker 2: We see that Finny's still disturbed by what he went through with the grabber. We also see that Gwenn is now having dreams about that little boy from from getting murdered, and she also has a dream about a boy and a jean jacket getting murdered. So was this you're talking about Spike that you know? It was bouncing back and forth between the visions and stuff. Was any of this interesting to you?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Damn the reason?
Speaker 3: And Jayla said that funny text about the funny movie that scared Movies don't scare me per se. It's just that people characters have to make really dumb decisions in order for the new movie to work. And that's what I don't want. I thought you got scared about something. It was a trailer, wasn't out?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: This trailer was creepy. The ice state and the ice that's what got you, the ice skating? Who is kid? Was any of that stuff interesting to you? Just to see where they're gonna go? Is it? You know? I haven't seen the first you knew it.
Speaker 4: There was a meaning to it, that something was going on with that, and they were kind of playing more into the psychic powers of the sisters.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, I thought this shit was tight. Man.
Speaker 2: I thought the way they did the whole visions things, I thought it was cool. You know, it was a bit cheesy because they played the like vinyl scratching in the backgrounds. Was like, oh, you know that we're not in the real world, we're in her head.
Speaker 1: I thought it was cool.
Speaker 2: But I think the most interesting thing is that they went all the way. There were showing these little kids getting fucked up, chopped up, fucking thrown in a fire all that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fuck them kids. I like it.
Speaker 2: But that little boy from from does he have like that, not like that Gary Coleman thing or something.
Speaker 1: Because he's not a kid. Yeah, but the kids, I said, he looked familiar. I was like, what do I know that.
Speaker 2: Look from You've seen from right, the main little kid, he was the good kid. No, no, no, no, that was a kid after he was the one. I can't remember how he got murdered, but he yeah, he was the main kid. But he still looks like the same kid. From season one of.
Speaker 1: From He has not grown. It's like he must have that Gary Coleman because I don't understand. But yeah, he was in this. But yeah, Gwen wanders back to the house.
Speaker 2: Where the grabber had Finny and we see that she's actually talking to her mom on the phone.
Speaker 1: Helwich traces back to the phone call at the beginning. You didn't like this, by no, you didn't. Never forget what the kid's last name is? What kid? That little boyfriend from Colemans see, I'm on the something man. His name is Simon. I'm on something. The mother fucking age, Something's wrong. I thought this was dope.
Speaker 4: I mean, we're early into the movie, her talking to her mom. You know, we heard the story of the mom in the first one, what we were told or what they knew the story to be at the time, and you know they didn't really drag out the beginning of the movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot.
Speaker 4: They were like really saying, oh, yeah, she's talking to her mom. So I was like, Okay, where they're gonna take this. This could be interesting, you know, partnering over the mom to solve you know, a murder mystery murder.
Speaker 3: Yeah, liked how they called back to it and you found out who it was. I did like kind of living in big which at the beginning, like.
Speaker 1: Who the hell is she talking to? Yeah? That was that was good. Uh, it was some good storytelling in this.
Speaker 2: So on some points, Yeah, yeah, I thought all this was was interesting because I thought the same thing are they gonna is she gonna team up with her dead mom from the past to figure out who's killing people now? Because again I didn't watch the whole trailer, so I wasn't even sure if this was actually the Grabber.
Speaker 1: I wasn't sure if the Grabber has turned into a demon or whatever.
Speaker 2: But uh, but yeah, determined to figure out what happened, Gwen convince his finish and her Nesto, who was the brother of Robin who was killed in the first movie, convinced them to go to Alpine Lake Christian Camp, which is where her mother worked and was calling from inner vision. So they go there in a blizzard, which I'm gonna go ahead and say it. I was like, this should makes no sense, y'all can't go tomorrow. They said, I'm gonna get out and walk in front of the car blizzard.
Speaker 1: That was kind of smart. They couldn't see it made sense, but it was still like.
Speaker 2: This was a bit dumb because it was like, okay, as your father, No, y'all not about to get in this car with this other fucking sixteen year old boy and drive in a blizzard. Now, man, I mean, granted, they didn't have fucking internet back then to look up blizzards, but you had to know that blizzard was coming.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because everybody else, everybody else didn't. I'm talking about we called, y'all, we didn't get the call. What what?
Speaker 2: So yeah, this was kind of this was kind of stupid writing. They could have figured out a better way for them to end up at this camp. But so yeah, so they go there and they meet Armando, his niece, Mustang Barb and her husband Ken, and once their Finny starts getting phone calls from the grabber and Gwen has another dream of a murdered kid. So what do you think about about this scene? This is where the little boyfriend from was under the bed.
Speaker 3: And then she went to go sleep with the boys, and the boys I think that was bro one having her sleep there alone. I feel like she could have slept in Mustang's cabin or something like that.
Speaker 1: I thought Mustang said something about, yeah, but you can't put that little girl over there by herself.
Speaker 3: And they didn't know it was they had been saying where she had been happening there for years. We just throw this little girl over here by herself. And that was petty as hell. Yeah, so I thought that was petty. But the dream scene, it was crazy. I figured it would happen, but I liked how it played out when like she's seen him in her dream and then she you know, went to go investigate it.
Speaker 1: She would, so it worked. It was dope.
Speaker 4: I mean, you you know that something gonna pop up, right, you know, you just don't know when, so you're sitting there just kind of waiting for it.
Speaker 1: But yeah, because when she.
Speaker 3: Was like, don't you look at some of that bad and.
Speaker 1: Then that she was screaming her ass off.
Speaker 2: That little fucking from from is under the day of bed and then you know that he's not a kid and he's really fucking thirty eight years old.
Speaker 1: He only got killed because he looked like a child.
Speaker 2: Then that part was creepy to me, that whole and especially when the kid was looking in the window and the grabber broke the glass.
Speaker 1: Or whatever, and then the glass and sliced his face off. I was like, damn, this is tight, and I think you put that motherfucker back on. Actually, is he gonna see where you're going? Yeah?
Speaker 2: But yeah, the whole Hell's not Hell's not flames Phinneott's ice.
Speaker 1: And that ship was good all right.
Speaker 2: So during a discussion with Armando, they discovered that he knew their mother, Hope, which I can't lie.
Speaker 1: I thought that she was kind of funny.
Speaker 2: So he was like, oh, Starlight, I remember Starlight back in the that hold on, Now, what's your mama?
Speaker 1: Todays day?
Speaker 2: You were fine ass, she was, but now she's back down here for some reason.
Speaker 1: But uh.
Speaker 2: The next night, Finn gets another call on the phone from the Grabber and he blames Finn for making him kill his own brother, and he vows to get revenge by taking his sister away simultaneously. This part didn't make any sense to me either. One of those punk ass kids leads Gwynn straight to the grabber and what did y'all think about what went down in that kitchen?
Speaker 1: Or was it the kitchen whereber the fun they were? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think so, you know, I thought his motivation was was was good, you know, made for why he wanted to do that and to target her and really make this center around her because we already settled the ship. He won that, you know, so let me go get her and this is the reason why. And I was really curious to see, like what does that look like to other people? And when that mother was swinging around like that and being tossed around, I think they had the most honest reactions that you can ever see.
Speaker 1: I ain't taking my ass over what's going on, but I ain't involved.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they did not budget or move I just think though, I guess, you know, it's a movie, but I'm like, bro, you could have just easily just tossed never be done with it. Yeah, but that was the only thing he didn't have to you know, prolonging out. But nevertheless, though it still was dope. He wanted to kick her ass though.
Speaker 1: I have a theory about why he didn't kill her immediately. But I did like her.
Speaker 3: I thought it was the best part of the movie when Barbed and her when she first met Barbed.
Speaker 2: She got always been a sanctimony as twat she was good, she had goods.
Speaker 1: First one, Yeah, she was hilarious.
Speaker 3: But I thought that scene was crazy, especially seeing it like without the grab her actually in the room, and then their responses to it, like what you said, King, that was very interesting.
Speaker 1: It was like, what was it?
Speaker 3: What's the other movie where the child's possessed? There's a lot of them, like poultry guys or something like that, or remember a child That's what I was trying to think of, excess. It reminded me of that, you know. I was surprised when Fan ran in. Fann didn't even go try to save his sister.
Speaker 1: He's but he ran in and was surprised because she was floating. That's your sister. He never seen anything like that before the grabber guy though, you know, the grabber guy, and she ain't she was supposed to be doing that.
Speaker 3: He didn't.
Speaker 2: He didn't understand what the fun was going on. All he thought was his sister floating and bloody. So I'm sure he paused for a second. Then he's like, all right, it's my sister, I gotta go. It was like what the movie?
Speaker 1: Right? He didn't he he didn't go over there until she fail down. No, that's not true.
Speaker 2: They were trying to pull her in the damn. I mean, to be honest, Gwyn probably should have died because at any people in this movie, she has the worst survival instinct. She looks up and the grabber coming at you with a fucking act, so she just standing there. Turn your little dumbass around and run thoo. But I liked this part.
Speaker 1: I thought it was really, really, really dope.
Speaker 2: But at the same time, this is one of those scenes that I thought was way too much of an homage because this is exactly what happened in Nightmare on Elm Street. So it was just like, all right, man, we've seen this what happened when though, I mean, I can tell you she's probably not gonna watch him, but I can't remember the girl's name, Mary or something. She falls asleep and ready is killing her in her dream, and in reality, what the boyfriend who's in the bed sees is her being dragged across the ceiling getting fucked up and bloody. So the same kind of thing is happening to Gwen. She's getting tossed around the room, but we can't see he's doing it. It's like, yeah, Freddy did this, and he did it way cooler, but it's still okay, I have I don't know he threw them all at the same time I was he threw.
Speaker 1: The pots and ship, Yeah you got that. So yeah.
Speaker 2: So after afterwards they gather in the chapel and they discovered that the grabber also went to the camp, which that was another thing. It was like, I forgot the name of this camp, but it was like camp something like Camp Camp Alpine Lake and it's like bro Camp Crystal Lake. It's like, come on, man, like y'all, y'all could have tried a little harder.
Speaker 3: That's why I feel like they forced this one this movie, like can't it was enough one like that?
Speaker 2: Yeah one was a good one and done movie. But yeah, we didn't need this, but I still didn't. I didn't hate it, but yeah, they realized that the grabber also went to the camp. They called him wild Bill Hiccock, which explained the kids put in W B. H in Gwen's visions, which another side note that second boy that put the B. I don't know what grade he was in, but he should have been like special reading or something, because that did not like a fucking bee. I didn't know what the fuck that letter was until they told me it was a bee. He ain't even fucking connected. I was like, bro, you're dead, but are you fucking stupid too? But yeah, this is where he started his murder streak. The grabber he killed these three kids, maybe killed that little boy from from because he couldn't write. But they discovered that they have to find the bodies of the kids because their spirits can't be free until then. It's another part I didn't love, and the grabbers drawing power from the kids. So was this like a cool explanation to you. I'm glad they did explain it.
Speaker 3: I'm glad they had that moment where they talked through it and figured out what was going on.
Speaker 1: But I didn't think it was cool. Yeah, yeah, yeah, you know, it's almost like been there, done that.
Speaker 4: But the question I have though, is why did he keep Why did he keep saying because he said it to Romando?
Speaker 1: I think, are we there yet?
Speaker 4: When he was talking to Armando, when, oh, when Armando was going to search for the kids, and he broke the glass from Armando and he fell underwater. But that was after this, okay, because then we threw the snowman at him.
Speaker 1: Oh at the wall.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that that was the scene right after this part. Okay, I got a question it's like calling or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I got a question about that.
Speaker 4: But but no, I think I think, yeah, I thought this was fine. Yeah, you know, it's just like, okay, yeah, we we we've seen him before in movie, so it's fine.
Speaker 1: Uh, drawn power from ghost.
Speaker 2: My thing is, I just didn't love this because how the fuck did Gwyn know that?
Speaker 1: How did she know that? Like, how did she know?
Speaker 2: Oh, he's drawing power from the kids, and we have to go find the bodies and once we free the bodies.
Speaker 1: I know the mom said, yeah, but how did she know all that? Then Mustang say it? Though I don't think Mustang's find said that. I think she was fine as hell psychic. But she's just a psychic, that's it.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, do we supposed that, like I s heard psychic interpretation of is that what we supposed to?
Speaker 2: I need something better than that, because they, like, there was a lot of moments in this film where they were just making Gwen do ship and not really do anything with it. Like the cards that Ernesto brought. We thought the cards were going to come back into play, but the cars went nowhere.
Speaker 1: She was reading these spirituality books.
Speaker 2: It would have been cooler if she had just read that in one of those books. But in the moment, I was like, you just figured that out, Like what? So, yeah, I didn't love that. I didn't love that explanation. But the next night, Gwyn has another dream where it's revealed that their mother, Hope, discovered what the grabber was doing and he actually killed her. She did not commit suicide. So, Kim, what did you think about this part?
Speaker 1: This was?
Speaker 4: This was first of all, why did you even take you as there and people through somebody's window at the middle of the night, like, like, what are you doing?
Speaker 1: You're the fucking creeper? Now what you was respect was gonna happen, But it was. It was interesting.
Speaker 4: I think it it you know, In the first one we heard that she killed herself because she couldn't handle this thing and that's why the dad was a piece of shit dad and abusive, and this one it's almost like they were doing some I don't know, I don't want to say clean up because there really wasn't anything to clean up. I think it was fine as it was, but there just adding on to maybe why she got the powers and why because even the mom had the power she did.
Speaker 1: But now it runs in the family.
Speaker 4: But I do have some questions about uh feeling as well, because this whole thing about this this mutant driven family is confusing to me. But but I think it worked. I think it removes some guilt from the father. It kind of gives her a bit of closure and angry. She's now angry about the grabber as well. But I just thought her reason for going over it was stupid. I don't know how to hell he was managed to sneak into the house and hang her in the own house and the dad didn't wake up either.
Speaker 1: Wait what now? Who was in whose garage?
Speaker 3: Them hanging from the garage and the dad walked in. He was like, why would you do this to yourself?
Speaker 1: Right? That that part made sense to me. She's snuggy. Yeah, he brought her back. The dad was knocked out. This was like supposed to be like in the middle of the night, bro, you sleep. I mean, I guess people sleep there.
Speaker 2: Well, they didn't have those electric grass so it wasn't like it was like you show up.
Speaker 1: Right, you pull it up. I think you just pull it up still, hear, Yeah, maybe daddy was. I don't know, I'm thinking too much into it that like what's his face presidence?
Speaker 4: But but you know, I was oneder if this was just another added element. But we knew that she had psycho powers the daughter got it from her right, so connected to the grabber. It also made the beginning of the movie makes sense and I'm just and it also explained why she has a connection to this place as well, because she was the first person to realize what was going on.
Speaker 1: It did tie it up.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it was horrific too, like seeing your mom hanging out, I know that.
Speaker 2: Was yeah, geez Luise, Yeah, yeah, I thought I thought this was a cool scene.
Speaker 1: I was fine with it.
Speaker 2: Uh but you know, while she was in the dream the grabber, the grabber cuts Gwen's arm with an axe which comes through reality, which was some.
Speaker 1: More not Mare on Elm Street type ship, which yeah, yeah, that was, yeah, it was.
Speaker 4: But I think the boyfriend or that though he wasn't really good at uh at like watching everything that was going on.
Speaker 3: What was he there for? That was another one, like nowhere he was just the person to cold.
Speaker 2: He was a person of color, and they probably wanted to bring up the fact that he was Robin's brother.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's why he was there. That gave him a reason would be there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh the dude from one Yeah, then the first one they only had the test really yeah.
Speaker 1: But of course ye but yeah.
Speaker 2: So they find the kids under the ice, but the grabber attempts to stop them by drowning Romndo and trying to kill Gwen. But Gwenn discovers that she can regain power in the dream and she fights back. So before that the grabber was sucking her up. He had chopped her arm up already, he was choking her. He spun her ass like a fucking dradle.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 4: He spun her ass around. Bro was yeah, like, and they can they can wake up. When she was the part when she threw the water on it, she still didn't wake up like that, Yeah, insane, But but then she turned into dark Phoenix. I realize you're not what yeah, I'm in here with you, or you're you're not you're not in here with me?
Speaker 1: What I forgot It was a movie that did that. You're you're thinking to watch him? Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah almost that sort of thing. I'm not stuck in here with you you're watching still a colde movie. Yeah, but uh but you know, salute to her for realizing that, because she was she was struggling, but yeah, she was getting sucked at this one. I was like, oh, she turned in the gene gray.
Speaker 4: I was wondering, like, how is she gonna utilize that power moving forward? Is what I was interested in seeing? Or was this just gonna be how she absolutely defeats you know?
Speaker 3: So they basically turned out I can do anything in my dreams with her diving in ice water and holding no breath forever.
Speaker 2: This was also taken from Nightmare on Elm Street. It was like part either four or five. One of the girls in the dream realizes she has the power to fight back because it because it's her dream. And I was just like, Okay, I'm still enjoying this movie. This is still fun, but I'm like, y'all are taking a lot of shit from Nightmare on Elm Street and it's starting to get a little irritating.
Speaker 1: But uh, but yeah, I still thought the scene was cool. I guess yeah, I thought the ice the ice scene was cool. Oh yeah, that's what we're getting to.
Speaker 2: So the dad borrows a snowplow wants to take him home, but this leads to Quinn confronting their dad and Finny about them using being alcohol tonumb the pain.
Speaker 1: Did y'all care about any of this? And it was a good speech. It was It was a turn for the dad but once.
Speaker 4: And seeing him actually care about the kids now, yeah, and maybe it gave him some closure to about the mom.
Speaker 1: Made his character a lot better. He was useless than the first.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think they cleaned him up pretty well in this movie, because you know, when I watched it the first time, I was like, when when Finn was leaving and he's like, do me a favorite dad, don't get drunk? And then the dad was like, i'n't about to get my three year whatever token, and then he started looking around and then he ended up calling the guy with the snowplow, and I was like, why did y'all even include any of that? But when you think about it later, I think what they were implying is that the dad was scared to stay home by himself because he might drink because he was there was like a some kind of beer commercial on TV, and that's when he asked to borrow the snowplow and I was like, that doesn't make any sense. But when I was actually doing the notes, I was like, Oh, he did that because he can't stay by himself.
Speaker 3: Because even you know that, you say that he made that joke but not really a joke like finally to get Yeah, yep, but he was nervous as hell when he said that, he.
Speaker 1: Was absolutely nervous.
Speaker 2: He did not want Finn to go off because he would have to be by himself and he might end up drinking.
Speaker 1: So I actually really liked this whole.
Speaker 2: Scene, especially because when Quinn started going off on them, Dad was like, where is this cut? Such a white He's like, why are you yelling at me like this?
Speaker 1: What did I do? But Nah, this scene was good.
Speaker 2: I just don't think that Gwen's a very strong actor, so I didn't it was it was hard for me to take it seriously.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because her crying yeah help me didn't worry. Yo, Yeah, she didn't worry. She didn't kill that.
Speaker 2: She did not need they needed to have hers like in some coaching or something.
Speaker 1: Is Yeah, it wasn't great. So yes, they all go back to the lake the next day to finish this off.
Speaker 2: Gwen into falling asleep again, and the grabber shows up and he sucks up Kenn and Barb and then he starts to choke Finny. So did you like that part by how they kind of referenced the first movie with the whole choking thing.
Speaker 1: I did. And then she fell asleep. She got an arka lips, I don't know what. I don't know. He was talking and it just fell just nodded out. He could not wake her ass up. That was hilarious.
Speaker 3: But I like the o Mas the first one with the choking thing. The whole ice thing was probably the best part of the movie, is you said earlier like the action and that was good.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, when the mother was skating, that's that was That was was fun. Ice. We dragged the fuck out of Ken on that ice with Ax in his side. Yes, I was like, god, man, he was just bruh. He was doing them dirty and they ain't got bar.
Speaker 4: Grass and they ain't even want to go and Mustang call their ass out. So I thought all of this, for the most part, was good. There's one thing I was like, Okay, I don't know about that, but uh, but yeah, just seeing him run around terrorizing people they can't see him, and then all they can see is just the ice things and and the traces and the ice man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that was that was That was dope A man.
Speaker 2: I enjoyed this whole thing, but I can't front When he showed up on ice skates, I was like, what is this?
Speaker 1: Like, Oh man, you're talking about wild Bill. He was a great best skater skater. What why are y'all doing this? He fucking he.
Speaker 2: Bro When he did that fucking jump up the horse thing and grabbed Finn by the neck, I.
Speaker 1: Was like, all right, this is this is weird.
Speaker 2: I don't know how serious I can take a killer on skates on ice skates.
Speaker 1: Ship this motherfu can. Yeah, he was sucking him up. He was fucking him up. So, yes, we're nearing the end.
Speaker 2: With the help of the Dead Boys, the grabber is subdued by Gwen I'm sorry, with the help of the Dead Boys, the grabber subdude, so Gwenn can hit him in the head with an axe and then Finny can bash his face in. Was this a satisfying ass whippe for this motherfucker?
Speaker 1: Yeah? He needed all of it even more problem.
Speaker 2: M it wasn't satisfying for you.
Speaker 1: You're punching something you can't see. That is what I wanted. He can't see him.
Speaker 2: He skated up, and remember the little dead boys came out of the ice and grabbed him. So Finny could see the dead boys skeleton. He could see the hand moving, so he I guess he figured out that the hands were holding the grabber.
Speaker 1: So when he comes over, you see him.
Speaker 2: He grabs the leg and then he's feeling around so he finds the head.
Speaker 1: I have too much of a problem with it.
Speaker 2: But at the same time, it was like, well, how do you know what body part is being held by the dead skeleton?
Speaker 1: It was just kind of weird. It was a weird scene.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and even the skeletons getting them, the dad jumping into the water to get the barrels her somehow in her astral.
Speaker 1: Form, pushing barrels up. Yeah you know, I have to let Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yes, this part got a bit ridiculous because at first I was like, wait a minute, Okay, I get why he's able to hurt Gwen.
Speaker 1: Why is he able to hurt everybody else?
Speaker 2: But I think what they're implying is that Gwen is kind of like a conduit because she's so powerful with whatever this psychic ability is that only when she's around can he do that, because he wasn't able to hurt anybody else when she wasn't around, like when he was fucking with Finny, when Finny was on the phone, he.
Speaker 1: Couldn't do it. So going back to a question, chialen, take that take that out. You can't. You can't leave a call. You please take that ice choke? All right, go ahead.
Speaker 4: We talked about the movie. But god damn, but why did he keep saying my name's not Bill. Is that because he fully bought into the grabber?
Speaker 2: No, it's because Remember this was another stupid thing that I just glossed over. Remember Armando said that they don't know people's names because they give him a camp name. So when when they were asking do you know Hope Adler, Armando was like, I don't know who that is. But when they showed the picture, he was like, oh.
Speaker 1: That's Starlight Okay.
Speaker 2: So then when they were talking about wild Bill, that's not his actual name. His name is whatever the fuck. I don't even know if we got his name from the first I don't think they did either.
Speaker 1: Brother's name.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the brother's name was Max, but yeah, that his name is not Bill.
Speaker 1: So that's why you saying that. I wonder if they could use that for something else. I don't know why they even did all this was like convoluted for no reason.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, but I did like when he threw that snowman on the window. That ship looked did look creepy?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're saying you wanted to ask about that? That was it. It was about why he kept saying his name wasn't Bill.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, I understand why he was saying that.
Speaker 2: So yeah, So afterwards, he's after they beat his ass and they throw him in the water. He's dragged to the bottom of the lake. Was this a fitting end? Were y'all cool with this part? Did it remind you of anything else?
Speaker 1: Jason? I was like, bro, come on, man, y'all not even trying. The first one was so fucking original.
Speaker 2: This ship, I'm just like, bro, y'all just took Nightmare on Elm Street mixed with Friday the thirteenth in combining both, It's like, if you don't go get.
Speaker 1: Her thought because I don't watch me scary move.
Speaker 3: But Jason is one of the franchises that I have following is the first thing I thought going to the Bottom of the Lake with Jason.
Speaker 2: I came if it was a fourth one of the fifth one where they and it's like, dude, this is so obvious.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that and again, the first one was good. This one, I feel like was just like a money grab us.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I do agree with that because I don't know if they knew the first one would go on to become as like popular as it did, and I think they it felt like they almost regret killing him. Yeah, so it's like, okay, well we just we still got the sister and we'll just made the movie about the sister and bring it back in. You know, this a supernatural form. We could do it like that because we already know.
Speaker 1: That she has supernatural powers.
Speaker 4: So it's they could easily do it, and they found a way to do it, and you know it, Mays say. It's just there was a lot, a lot of like build up that was going on in regards to the ending. I mean, it worked, you know, it worked. I think when I was watching it, I was trying to decide, Okay, how does he come back since the kids rescue? Because that said, that's how that's where it gets powered from. So if they got the bodies of the kids, then theoretically he should be done.
Speaker 1: That should be a part three. I'm gonna find out he killed more people there you go. That's why I think, and.
Speaker 4: That's where I think my name's not Bill could probably come back into play.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Then they find his other identity from somewhere.
Speaker 2: Else, Yeah, because this is where he started. This is where he started, right, But then he have to consider it. It has to be at least fifteen years later. So between those fifteen years, I'm sure he's killed a lot of kids. So that I think what they're gonna do with three is they're going to realize, oh shit, this isn't it.
Speaker 1: He was killing other kids. So he's now able to.
Speaker 2: Come back because of those other kids, which again is some fucking Freddy shit. Because Freddy can only come back when you remember him or if you what was it?
Speaker 1: What was the whole thing?
Speaker 2: He can come back if you isn't it isn't it if you remember him, or if you I forgot what the whole thing is? But he can he can come back because he's like attacking the children of the parents that killed him.
Speaker 1: So it's like y'all are not being very original at all.
Speaker 2: I feel like the first one was so such a fresh idea and then this one is just a fucking gumbo of a whole bunch of other horror movies. But again, I still liked it. It was still a fun watch. But the final scene is Gwyn getting a call from their mom, Hope, and this is her final combo with them that I was about to say, did you did you cry?
Speaker 1: Spike? I didn't cry, but it was sweet.
Speaker 3: It was a satisfying ending in her, like telling her it's not a courage, it's a gift.
Speaker 1: The kids are up here with me. It was really good. Tell Finny I love them, and tell them that.
Speaker 4: Robin says, Hi, Yeah, I think if it wasn't satisfying, it was. It was sweet, as Spike say, touching to see that. I think if they don't do a three, uh, it's a good way in the series, you know, just you know, you got fan story and now you got the sisters story and we're done. So I think they can check out and and that would be that. But of course, you know, people are what I'm seeing, are enjoying it. You know, a lot I don't know if there's people that just got caught on the black phone, you know, after there was a lot of you know, maybe word of them off that took place. But either way go, depending on how successful it is, I can see them doing another one. Yeah, my question I had though, So Finn has powers too, Yes, okay, because.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Finn always had powers, even the first one.
Speaker 4: Right, because he was the only one that could tell Yeah, he was talking to the kids and he can he communicate with the dead through a phone and she can just go to gen people dreaming and the dream dreamscape. Okay, and the first one, they said that the Grabber could hear it too, they never really explained that.
Speaker 2: I don't think they said the grabber could hear it because remember that when the Grabber was down there.
Speaker 1: He said the phone doesn't work. But right, so he did say.
Speaker 2: He could hear you, right, because he said that it's like electrical vibrations causing the phone to ring or something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, he just yeah, So they never explained it in this one or the first one. So I don't know what that means. If the Grabber got power, which is why he was able to come back in this supernatural state to haunt them.
Speaker 2: It could be because the mother was the was because the mother had power and the grabber killed the mom.
Speaker 1: This is me fucking spitballing because they didn't explain shit. Yeah, maybe that's why he could hear the phone. I don't know. And he never really did anything with the phone.
Speaker 4: They just said it, so it's like we never saw him or anything like that.
Speaker 1: So I don't know.
Speaker 4: I just I didn't know if they overtime maybe explained it or not. But either way, so Finn does have the power his phone.
Speaker 2: Finn can hear the dead calling because they were calling him throughout the movie, which they showed at the beginning when he picked up the phone and the phone but he's like, yeah, I can't.
Speaker 1: Help you, and he hangs it up and it says out of order. Damn.
Speaker 4: So the dead has been calling him this whole time. He just we're refusing that.
Speaker 2: That's why I think there's gonna be a three, because I think, why are the dead calling Finn. It's gonna be somebody else that was killed by the grabber that's calling Finn and asking for some kind of help.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I thought that was just PTSD and he was just hearing in his head until he got out there and he could hear it as well.
Speaker 1: And then in the first week. Okay, okay, that that makes sense.
Speaker 2: I mean I could be wrong, but I always took it as Finn had powers, because otherwise there'd be no reason why he could hear anybody calling on the phone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, that makes sense.
Speaker 4: And even even when last like when he was talking to the dad and you know, the sister was kind of getting on him and he was trying to get out of there, he was like, man, you don't know how scary it was down there.
Speaker 1: I was terrified.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I remember when Finn was when he broke down and cried in the first one, bro he thought he made it.
Speaker 1: He just started crying, and then that's when this boy called.
Speaker 4: But anyway, so I think him being able to hear the phone her having her power. Yeah, they could easily make a third one and maybe give us some more explanation into what the Grabber can do in this new state, because I mean, as a supernatural figure, you can come and go as you please.
Speaker 1: You know, you can make as many as you want. Fact Freddy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So yeah, anyway, if they do do a third one, I just hope that they spend a little bit more time on the script and they don't make it so much of a copycat film. That would be appreciative, because you can't go from something super original to something completely derivative. But I still think Scott Derekson is a good director, a good filmmaker. This was still a fun watch for me. It was just not original enough for me to say it's a good movie.
Speaker 1: It was shot will It was shot very well.
Speaker 2: I think I think that the way that they made it look like it was from the seventies, I think it was really good.
Speaker 1: It made sense, the dream switching like that had looked like old Randy footage.
Speaker 2: And it was good too, which he did the exact same thing in Sinister Scott Derekson, who was also he also made that movie.
Speaker 1: That's okay.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, Spike Lee makes Motherfuckers float every film, right, so it's no big deal.
Speaker 1: But all right, final.
Speaker 2: Thoughts either one of y'all here for a three No damn sight God.
Speaker 4: I am because I think he may be open to some of the things that people are saying about it and probably try to do something to get back to this original bag and try to do something a little bit more original. Maybe this is just Look, I love these films. That's why I got into the business. I just wanted to do this because of that. And I'll get back to what I do. Yeah, so I'll give you one more shot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because Sinister was very original, and I forgot the other horror movie he did.
Speaker 2: He did Sinister, Black Phone. There was something in between those two, but I can't remember now. But either way, I'm here for a three man. I'm can. I think if he comes back and he does a more original film for the third one, I think all is all is forgiven. So and I want to see the dad incorporated more. I want to see him be a real part to this.
Speaker 1: So the other thought I had there were no real stakes. Nobody died.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm glad that was in my notes, but I forgot to say it. That is my biggest critique of this entire film. Damn, you had opportunity. Why didn't you kill Barby or or or must Oh? Wow, I didn't even think about that. Yes, their names were Barb and Ken.
Speaker 1: God damn racist as great performance, a great perform that was the worthy be worthy.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I don't know why he wasn't able to kill anybody. But that was my thought of why he didn't go ahead and kill Gwyn immediately. I think he realized that he can hurt people through Gwen, like Gwen.
Speaker 1: Has to be there.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, because when when they were in that kitchen or whatever the fuck. I think that's why he was able to throw all of those utensils at barbin Ken because Quinn was there.
Speaker 1: But prior to that, he couldn't do anything to find Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and maybe the other people weren't the real targets, so he just kind of let him be.
Speaker 1: But maybe, yeah, but he should have. He should have. He fucking chopped them in the head with the acts.
Speaker 4: I thought they were dead, but no, no, and he could have uh And I thought he killed Armando with the ice. He tried to kill him, but Armando were saved him. Yeah, a little bit, but somebody could have died.
Speaker 2: Somebody could have died. It didn't really make a lot of sense, but that's all I mean.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: That was a big complaint for me too, So I'm glad you brought that back up, But overall, I'm still cool with the movie with it. So all right, Well, y'all, let us know what y'all think about this in the comments section. We will be checking for those and let us know if there's any other movies that are coming out that you definitely want to hear our opinion on.
Speaker 1: So we will see y'all next time we out feasible