Speaker 1: Did you see that post? People are talking.
Speaker 2: Here's what's trending on the Flicky Smiley Morning Show.
Speaker 3: Who knew a group photo of four high-profile couples at a charity event would start so much online controversy?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Ricky, a viral photo of NBA legends James Worthy, Byron Scott, Michael Cooper and Robert Horry posing with their wives at a recent charity event has sparked online debates. But instead of people talking about the event, people start talking about the couples in the pictures, specifically several black men who were pictured with their white wives.
Speaker 1: Yes, Brad.
Speaker 5: People flooded the comments saying things like, quote, Lord, please protect black women. While another said, black queens forever. Some people call them sellouts. Somebody else questioned, if they had no money or fame, would you be with them? Asking for a friend. However, not everybody was quick to judge the couples. Another user said, I know what this post is trying to say, but I see happiness. Otherwise, they wouldn't be there.
Speaker 3: So this morning we want to know your thoughts. Is it a problem if black men date outside of their race? And does your partner's race matter to you? What are y'all's thoughts on this?
Speaker 4: Well, I just think love is love. I think wherever you find love, if that's what you find and it's going good and going great, then so be it. Enjoy your life. Put what everybody got to say.
Speaker 1: I'm with Brad on this one. At this stage in life, man, I have found that it's better to just find who you love and who love you. And I've been with my black wife for 30 years, but I ain't going to lie. If it ended today, I might try.
Speaker 2: To help her.
Speaker 6: See, that's intentional.
Speaker 1: That's not what we're saying. I hope she pull up and punch you in your throat. That's not what I... Come on, man. It's a lot.
Speaker 6: It's a lot.
Speaker 1: You're going to throw away all the seasoning out of your kitchen. Just clean that whole cabinet up. Ain't got no onion powder. Ain't got nothing but salt and pepper.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No garlic powder. You ain't got no paprika. No smoked paprika. No bay leaves.
Speaker 4: You ain't got nothing.
Speaker 1: Stove top stuffing all up in there. Oh my God.
Speaker 5: I will have y'all know I am married to a white guy who puts plenty of spices in the food. He likes spices.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's good. But he's Polish.
Speaker 5: Polish people like spices generally. But you know what I think, Ricky? I think that i think you might have a problem with yourself if you only date one race like if you go out and you're like you know what i will only date white women and it's not your race that's kind of weird i think you know that's just my opinion uh but obviously i'm married to a white guy so i think love is love you know it's whatever i wasn't trying to marry a white guy but he was hot.
Speaker 1: How did you how did you come up on you.
Speaker 5: Know i'm gonna tell you something When Ciara said she prayed, so did I. I was like, I want to be attracted to him. I want him to be crazy about me. I want to not question whether or not he loves me more than anybody. But y'all know what I left out of my prayer?
Speaker 1: What was that? I ain't say he needed to be black.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 5: I was like, I want to be attracted to him. I want him to love me. At the time, my son was four. I was like, I want him to love TJ. And, you know, and I was like, and show me a sense of discernment. It was really my prayer. And God gave you what you asked for.
Speaker 1: And God gave me what I got. And how he get you though? How he get you? What was it?
Speaker 5: Let me tell you something. Uh-oh.
Speaker 1: I saw him at a party.
Speaker 5: Yeah he had on the worst shoes i was like i know he ain't got a woman but he was like guess guess what he said so we started talking you know he was like hey how are you so goofy like really goofy and so he's like you know who you look like you look like jennifer lopez i was like this man ain't never been with a black woman in his life Right. But he just he was just really kind. And I knew that he loved me. I'll tell you something else. On our wedding day, his mom admitted to me. She said, you know, when the night you met him, he called me and said, Mom, I met the woman I'm going to marry. It's a good thing he didn't tell me that because I would have been like, weirdo. But yeah, he knew immediately. He was like, yeah, he was like, I met her. And she told me that on our wedding day. She was like, he knew you were the one the day he met you.
Speaker 1: And you said her shoes was on the wrong feet.
Speaker 6: No, it was just awful.
Speaker 1: They were just awful.
Speaker 5: I was like, who would wear these? You cannot have a woman.
Speaker 1: What kind was they? They were like Doc Martens or something. Every damn time I get around you, I'm going to be looking down at his feet. I ain't going to be no more damn good. I got him now. I got him now. I buy his shoes.
Speaker 5: You got him on his shoes?
Speaker 1: Yes, I buy his shoes. Anybody else meet any spot that shoes is on the wrong feet? Walk it off, sleuth foot. Oh, my bad.
Speaker 5: Scuffed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's awesome, man. Rock, when did you..
Speaker 3: You ain't got to answer the question right, T. You already know the answer. We knew you was going to marry her when you bought her the NBA All-Star when we went to Vegas. Me, you, me, you, hair crack, supposed to be a guy, should be going to.
Speaker 1: Vegas to All-Star.
Speaker 4: He brought sand to the beach.
Speaker 1: He brings, he brings crystal.
Speaker 7: Yes, sir.
Speaker 1: And we're like, what you doing? I was like, yeah, he gone. He already gone. You should have stayed your ass in Dallas.
Speaker 2: At home.
Speaker 1: You should have stayed at home.
Speaker 7: Yeah, man.
Speaker 1: Sitting up there, everybody chilling, and then y'all, she come up there, we can't do nothing. Everybody, we got to be nice and respectful. She talking about the Lord and stuff.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: All right, y'all get out.
Speaker 3: It's 8669-R-I-C-K-E-Y.
Speaker 1: Let's go to the phones. Good morning. Adrian calling from Fort Mitchell, Alabama.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think we were.
Speaker 1: Created to date outside of our race. Much less procreate outside of our race. I think those guys are sellouts. They sellouts. They just sellouts. Straight up sellouts.
Speaker 2: Yes, this is Linda from Baton Rouge. I don't want nothing outside of my race, and I told my sons the same thing. I think the thing that bothers me the most is I see a good-looking black man and, excuse me, with a fat, nasty, sloppy-looking white woman, and then here's a big, full-size, beautiful black queen, and you won't choose them. So, yes, I have a problem with it.
Speaker 7: I'm calling from Houston, and no, there's not a problem. There's only a stipulation.
Speaker 4: If you're going to.
Speaker 7: Marry someone outside of your race, you have to make sure your children are exposed to that other race, especially if it's a minority race and especially if it's black. You can't just marry outside of your race as a non-black person, especially, and not surround your children with their black family or their minority family.
Speaker 6: My name is Renee calling out of Louisville.
Speaker 1: Love is love.
Speaker 6: But however, when black men are marrying white women, they become slave to white women. White women are the ones that are beginning to all the money that they have going into their communities, their families, things like that. That's my opinion on that.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's some good stuff.