Speaker 1: Hi Oh, let's go hi oh, let's go oh, Let's go oh, Let's come. Welcome back to Sean stee.
Speaker 2: Talk one oh seven point nine AFM coming to you two and a half minutes late. Seven oh four five seven oh one oh seven nine. Telephone number is again seven O four five seven oh one oh seven nine. That is US of the WBT text line, driven of course by Liberty Buick GMC and guys. Follow me on exit BRT Underscore Jensen for all the latest and breaking news in and on the Sean area.
Speaker 3: If you did guess.
Speaker 2: What, you would know what I'm talking about tonight and who our special guest is tonight. So the nc DOT, which is under the guidance and leadership of Governor Josh Stein or whomever happens to be governor at that particular time, they are basically in charge of the NCDOT, and the NCDOT would not do something, in my opinion, without the approval, especially something major and astounding and by many aspects, by many thoughts, asinine, without the approval set approval of Governor Josh Stein.
Speaker 3: So it has now come out.
Speaker 2: That the NCDOT has offered I called a bribe, some called a ransom three hundred million dollars.
Speaker 3: To the community.
Speaker 2: They say will be impacted by the expansion of the I seventy seven tolades. There are a lot of issues with this, a lot of issues, and coming up in about ten minutes from now, North Counta state Senator Vicky Sawyer, who goes into her district covers Ardelle County and the northern part of Mecklenberg County, Cornelius and Davidson. She has been at the forefront of these I seventy seven expansions the tolaids. She's going to be joining us to to give us her thoughts on the on the whole NCDOT offering three hundred million dollars. The first thing that came into my mind when Mark Garrison and I were talking about this earlier this afternoon.
Speaker 3: Is that.
Speaker 2: I was like, well, wait a minute, this isn't supposed to be about money, because they already offered about seventy five million dollars for parks and stuff like that. Well, this three hundred million dollars, I call it a ransom. That the NCDOT is paying a ransom. And Governor Stein has no problems with that being done because it's a historically black neighborhood, not now, not now. It's not necessarily a black neighborhood. Now it's it's white, it's Hispanic, and it's black. Like it's very multi racial. And again, let's not forget this. We're talking about twenty nine houses that would be impacted.
Speaker 3: Well, Brad, but it's really the entire community. Stop.
Speaker 2: It's twenty nine houses. Twenty nine houses, many of which are not owned by the people that live there. The people that live there rent, not all, but many rent from companies and corporations that actually own the houses. Like, hey, we'll give you three hundred million dollars and you can build a park if you want.
Speaker 3: You can build a park, and.
Speaker 2: We'll give you stuff where you can build, like grocery stores for a food desert. Okay, and as a matter of fact, two grocery stores, one on.
Speaker 3: The west side, one on West Boulevard and the other one near Jenson C.
Speaker 2: Smith University, a possible new recreation center on nations Ford Road, and other things.
Speaker 3: I call this a.
Speaker 2: Ransom because the community, which many people associated with it, has called a grifter their words, not mine. But to be clear, I'm not talking about the lawyer. But at the same point, this was about a historically black community, okay, and they were already being offered seventy five million dollars. Now, I don't know if the community is going to accept this because it's three hundred million and they're trying to and the ncduty is trying to buy the way out of this, bribe them or ransom whichever way you want to look at it. But here's my question, and I think this is a very serious question that needs to be selled, as told or asked. And I'm gonna say this as politely as I can, and it still may rub people the wrong way, and I want it to be known. I don't mean it in a bad way, Okay, I just putting that out there. Seventy five million dollars you didn't want to deal with that, It wasn't good enough because it was going to impact a black community, in black neighbors.
Speaker 3: Three hundred million dollars.
Speaker 2: Is that enough to, for lack of a better term, sell your black heritage, Because if you accept it, that's what you're doing. You no longer care about your neighbors or the historical black community. If you if you relent to this and go, well, you know what, three hundred million, we're getting something out of it. You were getting something out of it with seventy five million, But you kept saying no because it's a historical black community, which, like I said, now is actually very multiracial, very multiracial. It's not is the community back in the day was it a black neighborhood?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Is it necessarily black neighborhood now? Not necessarily no? But are you selling your black heritage? You're okay selling your blackness for three hundred million dollars when seventy five million dollars was enough. So what you're saying is if you accept this, then that what you're saying is that you have that you do not have a problem with selling yourself because apparently if you accept this, that means everything's got a price, and you're willing to sell your heritage, sell your blackness, sell your community, sell your neighbors. That's what it means for three hundred million, if you accept this, because at that point it was never about morals.
Speaker 3: It was just about money.
Speaker 2: If you accept this, it was never about morals or a grifter hanger on that's just trying to get a dollar anywhere he can in the city of Charlotte. So that's the question I have, and that's the very question that I'm going to be asking North Kunta State Senator Vicki Sawyer when she joins us, because, like I said, she's been at the forefront of all of this, proposing the bill, the tax like everything or the bill and getting things done, having to pay stuff back, all of it.
Speaker 3: Like she's been near the forefront at all of this.
Speaker 2: Six point twenty one here on this Wednesday night of breaking with Brad Jensen here on Charlie's News Talk one of seven point nine FM. Okay, so by seventy seven total lines. I explained some things to you, and I am really really interested to hear what this person has to say about all of this and the fact that the NCDOT has offered basically a three hundred million dollar bribe or is paying a three hundred million dollar ransom, whichever way you want to look at it. So joining us now here I'm breaking with Brad Jensen is North Kinnta State Senator Vicki Sawyer.
Speaker 3: First of all, thank you for joining us tonight.
Speaker 2: And second of all, just came out and said, look if you let us build our toll lane expansion on I seventy seven between Caro Win's Boulevard and uptown. We'll give that whole community three hundred million dollars and you can build parks and grocery stores and whatever. So when you first heard about all of that, what was your initial reaction?
Speaker 4: Concern? Complete concern, because I know that the pressure is on to get this project done or underway, and I completely feel for those in charge who are just trying to get that to happen. But what president are we setting for other communities across the stage. Are they now going to be able to hold the got in estate hostage for personal or gain through redevelopment of property. I mean, that is just really setting a horrible precedent for very precious resources that we don't quite frankly have enough to build the roads that we already have promised to build. Fross North Carolina.
Speaker 2: Speak with North County State Senator Vicky Sawyer, who has parts of Mecklenburg County and Irondale County.
Speaker 3: In her district.
Speaker 2: So do you think the NCDOT maybe did this on their own or that there was outside influence from groups or individuals, or do you think Josh Stein had something to do.
Speaker 4: With this great question? I think probably all of the above. To be honest, there are the lobbyist class who has been working very hard to get this project done. They're in dot in the governor's office. I mean, this is again, Charlotte is our biggest economic driver in North Carolina and this is a much needed project, so it has got a lot of attention. So I could imagine all of the above probably had influence on this decision.
Speaker 2: North Kunta State Senator Vicky Sawyer joins us here on breaking with brat Jensen. So let's say the community actually accepts this offer of three hundred million dollars. I'll call it a bribe. They call it an offer, but I'll call it a bribe. How do you think this will actually come across if they actually accept this offer.
Speaker 4: It's kind of sad that a person or a grouse morality is for sale. And I guess now they have put the price on their morality, and I don't know that that's a good look for them, because now it's going to undercut their value system and their virtue signaling that they are really there to help folks that have been disadvantaged in the past, but they'll help them until they get paid. That's a really bad look.
Speaker 2: Speak with North kinda State Senator Vicki Sawyer. I don't know if you know this off the top of your head, but do you know how many requests are put in for road repair or road expansion, either from a dollar figure side or whatever, from across the state.
Speaker 3: Do you have any idea about that?
Speaker 4: A little bit, the DT came out and there are one hundred and forty four billion dollars worth of requests for new road construction across North Carolina in the next ten years. Now we have I have a state budget of around eight to nine billion dollars annually, so you can see that we do not have enough money in transportation to honor the commitments that we already have on the books, much less expanding current commitments by three hundred million dollars.
Speaker 2: I don't know if this is true or not, so maybe you can clear something up for me. I've been told for a long long time that if they pull out of the I seventy seven expansion and it does not go through, that the next time that they want to do the expansion they actually go back to the bottom of the list that you are just describing, and they have to start from square one and wait their turn.
Speaker 3: Is that true?
Speaker 4: It can be accurate? Now again, this ten year construction plan that we call the Step that Governor McCrory helped shephard during his time in office, is a fluid document. So that means every two years, the DOT selects the committee and that committee sets standards for those projects to be considered. So I can say for now that is accurate, but you never know two years for now what that those standards could have been changed at that time. So it is a fluid optumy. So for now it goes to the back of the line.
Speaker 2: North Khana State Senator Vicky Sawyer here, I'm breaking with Brett Jensen. So is there anything that you want to talk about that I didn't ask you about? Is there anything going on up in Raleigh right now? Is there anything happening that you want to discuss that I didn't mention?
Speaker 4: Well, I'm on the road back now from Raleigh, but the answer is no. There's all there's always some things going on in Raleigh and but there's nothing currently that I can report on.
Speaker 3: North Kina State Senator Vicky Sawyer.
Speaker 2: Is there anything you'd like to say to the listeners and your constituents and the people of Mecklenboro.
Speaker 3: County right now?
Speaker 4: No, just want to thank you for listening to the Brett Jenson. So you do an amazing job with contacting and really working with electives and to get the answer to the people, and I enjoy being a listener.
Speaker 2: Well, that was clearly unexpected, and now I feel like I have to send you flowers or something.
Speaker 4: Honestly, again to nine because I had someone who listened to our interview about the seventy seven tolls and he complimented and said he listened to the show and that was made a lot of sense after we listened. So I am very grateful for that.
Speaker 2: Well, I really really do appreciate the kind words. That's extremely nice of you. So North Kulina State Senator Vicky Sawyer, thank you for joining us tonight.
Speaker 3: I really mean it.
Speaker 4: Thank you, thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: All right there she goes North Kountain State Senator Vicky Sawyer, and again her districts are Idoll County and then the northern part of Mecklenberg County, which is Cornelius and Davidson talking about the I seventy seven tollings selling your morals exactly what I talked about last segment. And I didn't think about this. When she said it was like a light bulb went off. Oh well, now you're given the blueprints for every town across all over North Carolina to try and.
Speaker 3: Ransom.
Speaker 2: We're trying to get more money, negotiate to get more money. How to hold the NCDOT hostage. Because if they're doing it for Charlotte, if you're in Rocky Mount, or you're in Blowing Rock, or you're in Brunswick wherever Brunswick County, it does not matter. Now anywhere can say no, no, no, we want more money. You gave it to Charlotte, why not give it to us. Are you playing favorites, dude, based on race, you're playing favorites based on location. Like, now, that's what's happening. That's what's happening. So again, we'll see if that community sells their black heritage or not. Because it's seventy five million dollars, they were steadfast against it, three hundred million dollars. We'll see what happens in a couple of grocery stores a park.
Speaker 3: We'll see what happens.
Speaker 2: Running back to breaking mcbrett Jensen here on the Wednesday night Live and Living Colors, we go up until seven o'clock and then TJ and the Bear Richie takes over from seven to night.
Speaker 3: I'm still trying to figure out who the bear is for TJ. Is it Lonnie? Is it Travers? I'm what I said, Why not, man, I'm cuddly. I just I don't I'm just trying to figure this out.
Speaker 2: I don't, you know, I don't want to, you know, cast dispersions on Travers or you or anyone else.
Speaker 3: I just don't know who his bear is. I'll be the bear, and you know he squeeze up to me at night. You know, you know the.
Speaker 2: Bear has to wear a diaper when he walks around so he don't crap everywhere.
Speaker 3: Oh, it depends, it depends. That's funny. It's actually funny. Uh pretty good, Lonnie. Nice job.
Speaker 2: MLS All Star Game is tonight. Show a hands to the room of everyone that's gonna watch it. Yeah, that'd be zero, just just wondering. There's only three of us. To be fair, there's only three of us in this room. And I was just curious how many people were gonna watch that MLSTIC. Somebody said that they had like a skills competition last night. I did not even know that until someone just texted me. I didn't even know that. And so today's my brother's birthday. Yeah, I forgot about that until about five o'clock. I didn't try to call him on the way to the station, and he didn't answer, and then I texted him, so, hey, he's up in the Philadelphia area.
Speaker 3: You know you live in Philadelphia. You don't deserve to be told happy birthday in Philadelphia is a rat hole, Like it really is a rat hole.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they got Lebron, but yeah, he has no idea what's about to hit him when they start struggling.
Speaker 3: He has no clue what those fans.
Speaker 2: There's a reason why they had a jail underneath the baseball and football stadium, I mean, and an actual magistrate and a judge down there, Like there's there's a reason it's Philadelphia. So's the reason why they call it Filthiadelphia. It's a rat hole anyway, one of my three least favorite cities in America, the other two being Atlanta and Orlando. Just for the record, not that anyone cares, but still did not know that the MLS All Star Game is tonight. Was not a I mean I did know that, but I did not know they had the skills competition last night. I didn't even know it was a two day event. But apparently it is. So thanks for the enlightenment. I appreciate that. Also want to say, and by the way, next segment, I'll have like actual news.
Speaker 3: But the also want to say this.
Speaker 2: I'm a little salty right now, a little upset, perturbed, you might say, disgruntled. I did not win the seven hundred plus million dollar Mega Millions lottery last night. That happened was some clown in Florida who clearly is going to use it to buy all the gene shorts he can and all the tank tops, because that's what they wear in Florida. Gene shorts and tank tops, white black, Hispanic. It does not matter. That is the state official wardrobe, jeene shorts, jorts and tank top. And but yeah, so if it's somebody from Florida, like there's the whole thing that like a man from Florida, a man from Florida, Like if you just type in a man from Florida. On Google, there's a million things that pop up about all the stupid. So there was a man from Florida that tried to wrestle an alligator and lost a foot. There was a man from Florida that thought it would he could dive into a three foot pool. There was a man from Florida like whatever, Right, there's all kinds of stuff. So man from Florida wins three hundred million dollars. Man from Florida blows it in three years. I can see the headlines now. It's Florida love the state. People do love some, Tampa do love some. I love some, Miami Love, Palm Beach Love, Palm Beach love, Miami, Boca, Tampa, Clearwater, Bradenton, like that whole area a lot. Jacksonville No Okalla, no Orlando, absolutely, one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: Not Daytona. It's okay for two days, then you got to get.
Speaker 2: Out, sort of like Vegas, Like you don't want to stay more than two or three days in Vegas and you got to get out. That's sort of the way. That's pretty much the way Daytona is. Pensacola it's okay, Talla has he it's highly It's not a good city except for Florida State, except for Florida State football games, Florida State weekends where they have a home football game.
Speaker 3: Tallahassee's pretty cool. Outside of that, it's a rat hole. Desm Florida.
Speaker 2: Nice, Pensacola, You're, okay, a nicer version of Myrtle Beach. So talking to someone who has been all over this damn country like a million times because of work, because of work when I was traveling all the time, so I know all about Florida. I think I've only been to Florida about seventy five times, all over that damn state, from Miami all the way up to the very northeast corner Jacksonville to the far left corner Pensacola, down towards again Tallahassee and Sarasota and Bradenton and Clearwater in Saint Pete Fort Myers.
Speaker 3: Been all down in there, know it all. Welcome back to breaking with Brett Jackson here on this Wednesday night. Go up to seven o'clock. TJ.
Speaker 2: Richie comes up from seven to nine. Okay, so a little bit ago, like not that long.
Speaker 3: It does.
Speaker 2: Matter of fact, I'll give you the exact time when this took place, got a got a message from CMPD and this came out at six', ten so not even an hour, ago so forty minutes ago this came. OUT cmpd officer arrested and charged with the illegal access of a government. Computer Meckelburray Police Department Internal Affairs division is conducting an internal investigation regarding the arrest OF Cmpd Officer Seth. Elliott On june, eighteenth twenty twenty, six The State bureau Of investigation informed the INFORMED cmpd that during an unrelated, INVESTIGATION sbi developed, information including On, Tuesday june, Sixteenth Officer elliott had improperly accessed THE flock system and THE cj leads once for non law enforcement. Purposes On, Monday june twenty, second twenty twenty, Six Officer elliott was placed on paid administrative assignment and his equipment and access to the systems with criminal intelligence information was revoked pending the outcome of THE sbi. Investigation On july twenty, Ninth Officer elliott was arrested by THE sbi on a charge of illegally accessing a government, computer A class one. Misdemeanor he was placed on administrative leave pending the outcome of the internal. Investigation he was hired In february of twenty twenty four and was currently assigned to The University. DIVISION cmpd does not own or operate any of The flock camera. Devices, HOWEVER cmpd does have a memorandum of understanding AND. MoU we've heard a lot About MoU's With iran WITH flock that allows officers to ACCESS flock devices of other agencies and entities at no. Charge and then there's a statement from A Stella Patterson and from WHAT i understand OR i think What i've seen so far briefly is that he was basically looking up the registration of, someone like saw the license plate or, whatever and was maybe looking up the registration for. SOMEONE i don't, know if it was a, FEMALE i don't, know if it was a, MALE i don't. KNOW i don't know the, situation BUT i think that's WHAT i saw during a commercial. Break so but, again this is all relatively brand. New but this is the problem of all this going on is that it's a it's A flock system and, cameras and we know like AND i know one has nothing to do with the. Other per, se what we're getting ready to get cameras at. INTERSECTIONS i believe it's ten cameras that we're going to. Get and we had them twenty years, ago and LIKE i, SAID i even got a ticket on one one time because WHAT i thought was a yellow, light they said was a red, light and yours truly got a ticket and this Was, god, yeah every better twenty years. Ago so they're going to be at, intersections some of the busiest, intersections these traffic, lights these traffic cameras. Now AND i keep saying this because a lot of people are unaware of. This that the fact that when you how do you know which intersection has the cameras, well they have to put up a sign three hundred yards prior to the, intersection so nearly a quarter of a mile telling you that a camera is at the. Intersection, now it will only be in one, area and it will maybe tell you who ran red, lights who did, This that's probably what they're going to be. Doing so or if they see a wreck at an, intersection who was at fault if they can see, that but they will tell you three hundred yards prior to the intersection that there is a camera at the. Intersection and then it's not just going to stay there in. Perpetuity it's going to be dancing, around moving around.
Speaker 3: From location to location to.
Speaker 2: Location and then they mad and depending on how these go with these, ten if they see a dramatic drop in accidents or people running red lights or, whatever they see a dramatic, drop then don't be surprised if they add ten more cameras to other, intersections if there's an actual. Improvement so that's what's going on right. Now like that's the thing with cameras and. Cameras we all have one in our, hands Right we all have a camera in our. Hands go to any sporting, event go to any, concert show up to any event where there as a police something's going on with the police, department everyone takes out their. Cameras a, fire everyone takes out their cameras no matter the, event takes out their, phone it starts filming. It we all ALMOST i say we. All but people who have houses or town, homes they have ring doorbell, CAMERAS, cpi whatever it, is AD, t whatever it, is they have it on their front. Doors we are now a society of. Cameras it used to be like even in the mid two. Thousands you, know, yeah you had your crappy digital or your flip phone, camera Your motorola flip phone camera with like one meg.
Speaker 3: But the.
Speaker 2: Uh but, then but we would carry around those little yellow insta cameras From. Kodak you can just fit it in your pocket it's the size of a, wallet or you put it in your. Purse so you always had a little, camera disposable camera on hand and you'd go from. There but we are now a society of, cameras and people, say, oh my privacy and this and that and businesses shouldn't have cameras AND. Cctv, dude your privacy left about fifteen years, ago.
Speaker 3: Like right around twenty, eleven you, know.
Speaker 2: Blackberries were gone and phones started getting better with their cameras and.
Speaker 3: Everything else and. Zooming you don't have.
Speaker 2: Primacy everything you sign up for sign everyone has access. To now we've heard about all the things about companies selling off information to third party.
Speaker 3: Companies you don't have privacy.
Speaker 2: Anymore, now that doesn't mean that officers can go and access things illegally for non law enforcement, purposes which allegedly happened. Here so this IS i fully expect this to be a more common thing as this, continues and there's more and more cameras on every corner as we go. Forward All, right everyone that's going to do it for us, tonight my name Is Brett. Jensen coming up next IS.
Speaker 3: Tj.
Speaker 2: Ritchie he'll take up until nine o'clock. Tonight my name Is Brett. Jensen you've been listening To breaking With Brett.
Speaker 3: Jenson