Speaker 1: If I were to asked y'all, what was the hardest thing y'all had to deal with in your marriage?
Speaker 2: What would that be?
Speaker 3: I would probably say for me, it was when we lost the baby.
Speaker 4: Yes, sat grief is a.
Speaker 3: Weird thing when you're not angry.
Speaker 4: At God, we lost this child. But this happened to her like they had to go in and cut her tube oth and then us realizing that they didn't just cut a part of her too, but it cut her whole right too, And nobody told us that.
Speaker 3: And that's why it was so difficult for us to get pregnant. Doc is my bonus mom. I called Doc and I'm telling her what happened, and she's like, mm hmm, okay, well, I'm just gonna tell you this. You talking like you don't know who God is there it is, so at the end of the day, you gonna get pregnant and watch it be on the right side. I don't care what they say. By the time my da I was supposed to come on, I was like, where's that. Oh my god, I'm pregnant. They said, let's do an ultra sound to make sure it's in the right placement this time.
Speaker 4: So she goes to the left and there's nothing, like, you don't see anything on the left side.
Speaker 3: First of all, I was worried about the left over it and the blood flow. She was like, no, it came from over here. And then she goes she said, oh, you don't have a tube over here.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know how if y'all were to name this episode based on what y'all shared today, what would.
Speaker 2: Be the name of this episode?
Speaker 4: Love after Loss?
Speaker 2: Welcome to Dear Future WIFEI podcast the Blacks.
Speaker 3: How y'all doing, Hey, Hey, you're doing good? Thank you for having us. I was not taught to be a wife. My mom was a single mom before, so I watched her do everything, and then when being in relationships, I'm still watching her carry it all.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I didn't ever expect that I would have the marriage that I have today.
Speaker 4: I didn't know anything about marriage or how a husband was supposed to act to a wife. But I knew how I was supposed to act as a person, So I knew that I was going to treat her the best way I knew how.
Speaker 3: I started to realize, I'm like, what do I want in a partner? I want you to be able to trust me. I want you to be able to be vulnerable with me, So how can I desire those things for myself? But I'm not willing to give that to you. I'm afraid of vulnerability while I'm asking you to be vulnerable to me.
Speaker 5: What made you know that she was the one that you wanted to commit to for the first time?
Speaker 6: So what started as a search for understanding became a journey of transformation. Every letter that I wrote led me to this day, the day.
Speaker 1: I got married November twenty second, twenty twenty five.
Speaker 5: Dear my forever, Forever is a long time. That's how long I'll love you. Those lyrics echo through every fiber of my soul at the very thought of you.
Speaker 1: This journey has culminated with you as both the award and the reward of my pursuit of love.
Speaker 2: You are the award, the.
Speaker 1: Honor God placed before me, the recognition of growth, healing, and becoming the man I needed to be.
Speaker 5: And you are the reward, the blessing given after endurance, the gift promised to those who refuse to faint.
Speaker 6: This isn't just our story, this is for all of us. I'm the terrassaar Whitfield.
Speaker 3: Ashley are wet Fielder. Welcome to the podcast.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the Dear Future Wife Podcast. I'm your host of Tarissar Whitfield and.
Speaker 5: I'm Ashley our Whitfield.
Speaker 1: Listen, are you still shacking up with us? If you're still shacking up with us, come on, can we get a commitment? Hit that subscription button and subscribe. Make sure you tun on your notification bell should be notified about upcoming episodes. Let me tell you why it's so important for you to subscribe to the podcast. Well, a lot of advertisers, a lot of brands, when they're deciding how to allocate their funds, they want to check and see what kind of built in audience these platforms have. And also I get a lot of y'all that complain that we've had a live event or we went live on YouTube and y'all didn't know about it. Well, that's how you learned about it is to be subscribed and to make sure that you turn on your notification bell. Remember, the mission of the Dear Future wifeie podcast is to increase marriage rates and decrease divorced statistics while providing these tools so that we can do relationships a whole lot better. So each guest is curated for that purpose. I know a lot of y'all make question while we get certain guests on the podcast, either you learn something from them or what not to do, or you learn what to do or give you hope.
Speaker 2: On this thing called love.
Speaker 1: I want to personally invite you to the one voyage cruise that set sell October the twenty sixth through November the first. Make sure that you use the code wifey. We're going to be doing the Dear Future Wife podcast live on the ship again. Those that joined us last year, y'all knew how amazing it was.
Speaker 2: At that time, Ashley.
Speaker 5: Was your manager.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was my manager.
Speaker 1: So when people saw us on the cruise ship, even though we were keeping our relationship private, they were like, I know you ain't on a cruise with some with another woman. That's got to be her, Like, I don't know, is it is?
Speaker 2: It? Is it?
Speaker 1: And so this time she gets to walk around full glory and actually join me as a co host of their Future Wifey. So it's going to be an amazing event. Make sure you click the link in the description. Well, today's episode is gonna be fun. This past week's episode. We did it live at BCI and they were a part of the panel, and I want to get more information out of them about their story because they have an extremely impactful story, and so I invited them to come on the podcast for their solo episode.
Speaker 2: So, without further ado, well to Dear Future Wife podcast. My homies, the Blacks, how y'all doing good? Thank you for having us call you this money.
Speaker 4: You can call me money. You came, mister blak. Come when they're just don't call me late for dinner, whatever you want to do, because.
Speaker 1: I've noticed every time I looked at my in my comments, they'd be like money, money, Money, and I was like, okay, I've been calling them by his government name, Mindarius, and you like, no, just call me money. So as long as I don't call you late for dinner and Hayley, so listen man, Thank y'all so much for coming on the Deer Future Wifey podcast. Actually, now you get a chance to have a conversation with them and hear how dynamic their story is.
Speaker 5: That's right, you said, my homebies, but they're really our home.
Speaker 2: Our home is now.
Speaker 1: Because before we started recording, they was swapping skincare.
Speaker 7: Routines, and I got you those kind of essentials that you need to be able to get.
Speaker 3: You know, ready quickly, Look, you can't keep the good stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So my dares looking like they just they just the whole conversation sharing about micro blade and then.
Speaker 3: Their tips is waking up. Put water in a rag on.
Speaker 4: I face all. We need to do whatever works well.
Speaker 1: We want to celebrate you, because today, what did you just do?
Speaker 3: Y'all? I've paid off my student loans today I'm done with South Yes, we.
Speaker 2: Made was the was the was the other woman in y'all relationship.
Speaker 3: She was doing too much for one of us my money. You need to handle that, Okay, we can.
Speaker 2: Okay. So y'all have been married for how many years?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 3: Three?
Speaker 4: Three?
Speaker 2: Three years? What's the date? Which one?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I was about to say, y'all.
Speaker 2: Had two dates.
Speaker 1: Y'all had a date that y'all got married that no one else knew, and then the date that your family and.
Speaker 2: Friends knew about.
Speaker 4: So the May twentieth is when we got married in the States, and then July twenty eighth is when we got married in Greece.
Speaker 2: But y'all celebrate both days.
Speaker 4: So we celebrate. July is what we celebrate.
Speaker 1: Yes, so that's what y'all consider y'all got. But the license, what does that say? The twentieth the twentieth May?
Speaker 3: Okay, like on the twentieth of May, it's like, oh, happy anniversary. But this so what we're doing, right.
Speaker 5: So what made y'all do it that way?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 4: As far as getting married in Greece, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, the two separate dates, I'll say this. When it came to getting married in May, one part was I realized once we were going like through the paperwork trying to figure everything out, that they wanted us to melt something. At one point, I said, I don't need to find out ten years later that we're not legally married because something got lost somewhere. So I was like, let's legally do it in the States. But we didn't tell anybody at the time because a lot of people already felt some type of way about us getting married in Greece, and we didn't plan on doing anything either than actually, let's go get married and then we're gonna like we got married with my pastor and then we went back home. And so we didn't want people to be offended that they weren't invited to that, but we wanted it to be private between the two of us, so we kept that one a secret, and for the longest, everybody just thought Greece was it. And I want to say, last year, I think is when a lot of people found out.
Speaker 4: It's like, oh, maybe right now, a lot of people right now, there's a lot of y'all that didn't know that. Ny twentieth is when we got married. It really don't matter, y'all, because it's the day we celebrate or don't celebrate. Actually do July twenty eighth, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Y'all celebrate July twenty eighth. And so the day we're recording this episode of July, what's.
Speaker 2: The day's day?
Speaker 3: Sixteen sixteen sixteenth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so y'all be celebrating y'all's four years. It would be four years, right, or.
Speaker 2: Be three?
Speaker 1: So y'all's been saying, y'all have been married for three years because of the main because of the may. Okay, so.
Speaker 4: We all hear.
Speaker 5: We all hear that you for getting us up to speed.
Speaker 1: So what's the thing that I'm asking both of y'all this, What has Mariage taught you about yourself in these last three years.
Speaker 3: Ooh I said this online and they ate me up for it. Really, yeah, I don't like apologize now I'm gonna do it, but it really made it made me realize how prideful I could be, for sure, because I can know I'm wrong and i'd be like, ah, but when I got married. When I got married, it was one of those things that I'm like, okay, look or really not even just got married, because it was one of those things that show up just being in a relationship. But I started thinking to myself, for starters, the Holy Spirit was sining conviction quickly, and I mean we just had this conversation and maybe ten minutes later, it's like, now, go fix it. And I'm sitting here like now from the time that the Holy Spirit is given, like, go fix it. I might have said so maybe two hours later, but because I'm the whole time, I'm sitting here like, oh my god, I gotta go in here and tell this man and I was wrong.
Speaker 8: I gotta say I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: He is so patient too, so that makes matters worse because I'm just like and he just sit there and was like okay, So I gotta come back and come find you. Mm hmmmmm. He because he I'll say this.
Speaker 2: I remember.
Speaker 3: I remember one incident specifically where we standing in the kitchen and it was something I think I had to do with like travel, and I wanted to go on like these particular dates because I was like, this is when it's supposed to be. And I can't remember what was going on, but I had the dates completely wrong. But I was going so hard about these dates and we don't like. He doesn't argue, so he's just like, are you sure I don't think that's the case, and I'm like, I think it is. He's like, okay, Haley. And then I had to go to the store. I'm driving a Dollar General and then I like, on my way there, I'm like it hits me. I'm like, actually, let.
Speaker 2: Me go check.
Speaker 3: So I go look and immediately I feel so guilty because I was like, no, I'm telling you, like you're always forgetting stuff. This is what it is. I came back home. I walked in the house. I see him he's washing dishes. I go into the room. I come back out and I'm looking and I'm like, okay, I got to tell him I'm sorry. I go to him and I'm like, hey, because I try to give like a real apology though I wanted to be thoughtful, so I was first thing I started. I was apologizing. I shouldn't have said this the way that I did, and I understand that, like my tone of voice was not it. I was talking down and I was wrong. I went back and I looked, and you were right, And he's just sitting there like thank you, and he came with me. He'll give me a hug. But I don't like apologizing, he said, live yeah, I'm made a video about it. Like the next day, I said, y'all know one thing that I realized, I hate apologizing, Like it eats me up. Now I'm gonna do it because I love my man and I like a healthy marriage, but it's eating me up from the time that I do it, and then afterwards I feel good, but like leading up to it, I do not like it.
Speaker 2: They say back, Oh.
Speaker 3: My gosh, this is so toxic. I can't believe it. Anybody who loves their person, they just wouldn't be this hard to apologize. I'm like, okay, y'all, y'all st I'm like, I'm I'm being transparent. Me and pride, we talk. We be tussling, but you know what, I'm not gonna let it win. I ain't gonna let it win. But we do be tussling long time.
Speaker 4: They not even apologizing for comment right now, I don't have nobody to apologize too.
Speaker 2: So it's a little something that taught you.
Speaker 4: So I'll say for me, I guess I would say I was too patient. So whenever we would have conflict a lot of times early on before marriage, I would be like, Okay, let me think about it. And then it will be next week and she would be like, have you thought about it? Like, oh no, let me think about it, and then another week would come and now she is so mad about it. But I'm I'm a person who was like, oh, it'll die down. Like it'll die down, we won't worry about it. We've had good days, It'll be okay. And then we had to come to a compromise. We'd be like, Okay, if you say you're gonna think about it, you have to think about it within the next hour or two, and then we will talk about it. So now I've gotten to the point where if they're if I feel a way or I feel like she feels a way. Let's talk about this right now. Let's let's go ahead and get this off our chest. Now. I don't like to go to sleep mad at each other, like we we got on that early on. I feel like I was like because the first time I did that, when I was pushing dates back, I was like, I don't like how this feels. I don't like going to sleep and either like if you're in Winston and I was in north and I was in Shelby, we're not calling and staying on the phone the whole time or whatever, and I'm like, just what if something happens And the last thing I remember is us having this back and forth about nothing. And I didn't even want to face it. So early on, I was like, yeah, let's just make sure that we don't even go to sleep angry at each other.
Speaker 1: And so you would avoid it, Yes, I was very avoidant, but you always liked that growing up.
Speaker 4: I would say with conflict, yeah, maybe so I would, I think, so, Maybe I don't. I really don't have a lot of conflict. I don't. I don't have a lot of people who are like mad at me or like, I don't know I haven't been a person who like gets in trouble or anything like that.
Speaker 2: So he was a good kids.
Speaker 4: Let's say.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the most I can say I can say from the outside, like looking in, he is somebody with his friends. He dresses addresses things like very quickly.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: But I can see with like like family dynamics, maybe a little bit difference like okay, because I don't want it to be like a big bigger deal than what it like.
Speaker 4: What it is, knowing too, because this is my first like she was my first girlfriend, first wife, first, all of that. Like, So I'm like, she was your first girlfriend, first girlfriend for sure? Now age what age where we met? Twenty I was twenty two?
Speaker 1: Maybe so you went to college play basketball. This is the first girlfriend you ever had?
Speaker 4: Girlfriend?
Speaker 3: Yes, girl, girlfriend, I'm not saying what I normally say, but she is.
Speaker 4: The first girl to ever have a title for me for sure? For sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, girlfriend, I'm like, first I committed to.
Speaker 4: Yes, for sure, deadly the first person I committed to.
Speaker 2: You know what, how did you feel about that? Did you feel special?
Speaker 3: I suppose so, like because after the fact, because we were friends first, when we became friends, always thought it was weird. I was like, you ain't never had a girlfriend? And I was like, and know when because we were friends, I knew some things. I was like, and you don't nobody I remember. I used to say this all the time when we met. I said, there's this one individual. I thought she was bad. I said, why not? He was like, he said, I'm not ready? What did you say? He said, until I'm ready to commit, That's what it is. Until I know that I can be faithful to a person, I'm not going to get in a relationship.
Speaker 2: That's good. I respect that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's good.
Speaker 1: And so how did you feel about her co signing on this other girl? Did it make you want her more? Or did you still don't care about the girl when she said yeah, because he said she was trying to basically run run the play and be like, look, I'm shaking head.
Speaker 4: Nah. I think I was at that point stuck in my ways. And we talk about a lot how I don't have a lot of males in my life who have shown me what a healthy relationship looks like. I've seen a lot of single women or women who have men in their life that they have more bad days and good And I didn't want to be a person who was like that. Yes, I still took away some of those things, as in I was doing things I probably shouldn't have been. But at the same time, I don't want to give them no empty promises. I don't want to be hurting anybody's feelings or like telling any lies to anybody in any aspect. So even if it's a thing of if somebody finds out that I'm doing something with somebody else, yes I am. I will tell you straight up. I was not holding anything back and never I always wanted to be a person where I was up front because I saw it hurt so many women.
Speaker 2: In my life. Yeah, that's real.
Speaker 1: And so did you appreciate that transparency and that honesty as you know by you being his friend?
Speaker 3: Oh I did, I really did. I will say, especially in college, everybody out here in these streets and they keeping it a secret and they hit people on. So the one thing I used to say is, well, at least you ain't leave nobody on. I guess they know what it is and this is what they si. I don't know for you know, you do? You have fun?
Speaker 5: So what made you know that she was the one that you wanted to commit to for.
Speaker 4: The time, So what made me know? And it's crazy though, because.
Speaker 2: It's crazy.
Speaker 4: We're talking to our friends about this because they made a comment saying that one of their one of them did something and was like, you are the perfect mate, but just not for me. And at that point in time, I was still this guy who she was trying to get to get with, this other person who was not ready for comedic relationship. And I'm like, you are the person like you you are right here in my face, but I just don't know what to do with that because I had never been in a relationship. I never had these feelings for anybody, and I didn't know how to approach those feelings. And I told her this while we were friends. I was like, am I told her straight up, like I have these feelings for you, Like I definitely could see myself with you, but I don't know. I don't know how to do this right now. And I was like, you can you can answer me right now, or you don't have to say anything. And we were coming back from where she's from our drive back quiet, I turned.
Speaker 3: Radio hour because okay, I'm gonna say this. He was acting weird in the car, and I thought because I told him we was going to my grandmama's house and she lived in the hood, and I told him. I says, they're in the car. He adin't stay in the car. So, like, when we get back in the car and we leave it, I'm seeing her thinking he's judging me. I'm like, why are you looking at me like this?
Speaker 4: Mind you, neither of us know each other's home life, so she don't even know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're from that.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So I'm sitting here thinking like you judging me? And this, that and the third I'm like, goodness, And so he was looking at me. I'm like, what's up? He tells me all of this, all of that, just lets it all out, and then he goes on to say, but I can't really do nothing about it because I'm not ready for a relationship. And you don't have to say anything if you don't want to. So I turned the radio, y'all, and I added I added this song to my playlist in case you didn't know, which is a country song. It's a man telling this woman in case you don't know, I love you.
Speaker 6: Yes.
Speaker 3: I thought it was the funniest thing. It's on my playlist to this day.
Speaker 2: After that was.
Speaker 3: Off, after we got to get I'm like, there was no point in me knowing this information. So what I did was I just started dating. I'm like, not that I wasn't dating before, but I wasn't so openly dating a lot because like we didn't have anything going on. So I'm like, I need you to see what you're missing out on and let's go, because why are you.
Speaker 2: Telling me so you was crushing on him? Then?
Speaker 3: I look, I was now, I was freshly. It was my first time being single in my dual life. I was specially out of a relationship at the time, and I kept thinking, like, he is kind of cute, but I also know what you're about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Are you guys the same age?
Speaker 4: Two years older?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 4: So you were too, You be twenty eight this year. Let's relax.
Speaker 5: So he was twenty two, you were twenty yes, okay.
Speaker 1: Okay, So, and so in your mind, you was just like, all right, Oftenna, you was doing it to make him jealous?
Speaker 3: Yeah, A part of it was definitely was jealousy. Then I was like, okay, fine, there was no point in you telling me this, but now I'm about to make you feel some type of way.
Speaker 2: Let you feel that type of way.
Speaker 4: I'll say early on, early on, No, because I set her up on one of her days because we were friends. We were friends.
Speaker 1: So you mean even after you done poured your heart out sort of kind of ish, then you said, all right, I don't know what to do with it. So I'm gonna find you somebody else that knows what to do with how I feel about you.
Speaker 3: So I saw this person after a basketball game and I was walking like, okay, we're at a basketball game. We're leaving. We had all driven there together, and I go up to find money. I'm like, we're about to leave, and he was at the trunk with car with another individual, and so I walk up and I'm about to tell money. I'm like, hey, we're about to leave. This guy steps in front of money and says, hey, my name is whatever. I said, my name is Haley. The next day, I FaceTime money is in the morning and he did. He didn't have his headphones in and I didn't know who he was with, but I said, buddy from last night was fine, like, can you hook can you hook me up? He turns the camera around yes, and he heard it and he was like, so he sent me his number and I was.
Speaker 4: Like, okay, more the story didn't work out.
Speaker 3: This is where it really dawned on me my feels for him. When I was out on the date with this guy. The whole time I was thinking, if I kissed this man or it goes anywhere with this man, I would not have a chance with him.
Speaker 2: Is that true? For really?
Speaker 4: For sure? Why me and him were teammates. We played on the same basketball team together, Like you said, we was hanging out with me and him working. So if that, if they would have went any step further, they would have this wouldn't be it.
Speaker 1: So in your mind you already so even when you gave her the then you you literally said, if what she conducts herself in this lets.
Speaker 2: Me know what you've done.
Speaker 4: Lay you get fouled and hit two free throws. Either way it goes.
Speaker 3: You try to sabotize the day.
Speaker 4: Though I didn't try to sabotize.
Speaker 5: The day, but he tried to sabize.
Speaker 4: So I'll say it from my point of view the way Hailey says it is so like Haley said, we all hung out together all the time, not this guy. No, no, no. We had a group. It was four of us and we always hung out together. And on this particular day, which was today, she was going out on the date with the guy. Haley is am I the whole day, though not not just the night, she is the whole day. So me, I forgot that because she told me weeks before that they were going on the date. So it's maybe two weeks later. I don't forgot this ain't my date, right. So I'm with the other two people in our group and they're asking where Haley is. They're calling her. I'm calling her. She's not answer my phone call, she's not texting back. Even though she knows that I'm supposed to know where she's at, she's still not even telling me, like, hey, I'm with such and sing say nothing. So it dawned on me maybe like right before she was about to come back, and I was like, oh, I know where she's at. And I said it out loud to the other two in the group, and I was like, I wasn't supposed to tell y'all. Though I didn't say it to them, but I was like, I was not supposed to say it to y'all. And one of our friends called Haley calling her text in there you better not be with that man. You better not like she going in, I'm wow, why she hating?
Speaker 2: Let's just say this.
Speaker 3: There's time I went out with someone that was not black, and so she was like, ain't no way.
Speaker 1: And I'm.
Speaker 3: No, like, hold on, let me see. You weren'tupposed to know yet.
Speaker 2: It's a secret.
Speaker 4: Which that wasn't me though, it was God. And he brought us here. He brought us here, He brought us here.
Speaker 3: We wouldn't be here today anyway.
Speaker 1: I was just he said, you just said the name loud.
Speaker 2: Ye let me just calling. Oh that's hilarious.
Speaker 1: And so from that point on, how did it transition from that we friends? Straight platonic friends? Or were y'all kissing cousins? Okay, y'all just straight platonic friends? And then how did that? How did it transition?
Speaker 3: So fall of.
Speaker 1: Twenty nineteen, so how long is this from the from that conversation that he had how many months later?
Speaker 3: A couple of months because like it was right before summer.
Speaker 5: Yeah, didn't you tell him how the date went?
Speaker 3: I did. I did tell him how the date went. I think I went on a date like right after that, and I.
Speaker 4: Was like, yeah, because Haley. Haley was dating, but it was a It wasn't a thing of like how modern dating is now. You know, people go on dates. They you spend this money on me. I got to come back to.
Speaker 2: Your own though.
Speaker 4: Haley was send a long dissertation about what we are and are not doing and if you try to do these things, I'm going home.
Speaker 3: Because Okay.
Speaker 4: When she told me the message, I was like.
Speaker 5: The dat.
Speaker 3: I thought it was the craziest thing people out here thinking, Oh, you take me out on the date, you buy a cheeseburger, and you about to get something. I'm like, what is that? First of all? That right, it's crazy to me. So I'm like okay, And of course I'm like, of course, I'm sitting here like okay. I don't want there to be a misunderstanding when we go out. So one, I am expecting that you were coming to pick me up and you are paying for the date. That is like my thought process. So I want you to know when that is what my expectation is. But if you are expecting anything, I'm not even kissing you on the first day. I don't know where your lips been. I don't know you could have some stuff. I was so serious about it, so I always send a message if a guy asked me out. And it actually got to the point of like, this is the date that I want to come, this is what we want to do, I'm like, okay, I just need you to know these are my expectations and this is what I am not doing. So if that makes you uncomfortable, I don't then don't come. The ball is in your court, but it's for you to decide. And then I also put something in there. I do not care how great you think the date is going. Do not try me. Yes, I was, because that's how I fuck, and especially now, I think it'd be even worse today the way social media. But you literally told guys that they pay for your That was my expectation for sure.
Speaker 2: I'm not.
Speaker 3: I was. Look, I was always taught when it came to dating, Like the guy is coming to pick you up, he's not honking his horn. Now if they came and picked me up from like school, you can't come to my dorm room. So like, okay, you text me let me know you're there, but you're opening my car door. You are setting the date, you are telling me where we are going. You can ask me my interest, but you figure that out like that. Ain't got nothing to do with me. So what I need to figure out is what I'm wearing and I'm gonna just show up and have a good time.
Speaker 2: Who taught you to do that?
Speaker 3: I think I had everything to do with like the women of the church that I was going to at the time, because I remember like vividly, I was having a conversation one day with I call him Uncle John, and he was like, he said, whatever you do, don't date a boom, And so he started talking about like what a guy like which you should expect from a guy, but then his wife and his wife's sister and so on. We were like having more conversations. And this started when I was like my freshman year in high school. So I started being around more women who set expectations of what you should expect from a man, and more so along the lines of if you don't have these things and you don't have like a standard, there's not a goal anywhere, so they think they can give you just anything. So I was like, okay, so let's I could do that. I could do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's good.
Speaker 1: And so you create these standards and guys will still trying to push the boundaries.
Speaker 2: And then and then how would you respond on the day?
Speaker 3: Oh no, you can get me home, Like did anyone ever not pay? Oh yes, yes, Oh my goodness, even though you told him what this This was the summer twenty nineteen. He wanted to go see the movie that just came out. It was Aladdin and it had Will Smith in it. And we get up there and he was like one ticket. I was shook. I was like, hold hold on. And this was an individual who had been trying to holler at me. I'm in college now. They've been trying to holler at me since high school. And I was just home for the summer. So I'm like, and this is what you're doing? Yeah home?
Speaker 4: And that was her last summer single.
Speaker 3: It was my last s was single.
Speaker 1: And so why is she telling you these stories about how guys were moving?
Speaker 2: What did you think about that? I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't think in the moment, I don't think I was thinking anything of it. But I do think the distance during the summer made me reflect on what I really wanted and what I wanted after college because we were both going into our last year and I knew if I didn't capitalize on this when we went back, then that was gonna be it. Because she lived in Georgia and I was in North Carolina. It was like, when was I You thought about that? Yes, over the summer for sure?
Speaker 2: You said when we get back to school?
Speaker 4: When?
Speaker 2: When?
Speaker 4: When did we start day out? And when we got back September? When do you go back to college in August? Ye? So this was the thing because we talked almost every day over the summer because she you studied abroad in China, and we talked almost every day even though she was what was the time difference twelve hour or something like that.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it was twelve hour time difference. And he was working third shifts, so he would call me on his breaks because it'll be during the day for me. It's crazy. Part is like we didn't talk at the beginning of the summer at all, Right, We didn't talk until like found out that it was like a rumor about us. So I was like, guess what, guess who apparently is together? And I texted him and told him that and then from that day forward.
Speaker 4: Her being in China, meet being in North Carolina, gets together.
Speaker 2: Really, there was a whole room about y'all being together.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, Yes, that was the whole Let's give him something to talk about in September, then.
Speaker 2: Give him something, And.
Speaker 1: So September came around, and so now he puts action behind the words that he spoke a few months prior. How did you receive that? Was you like, I don't know if he's still this player, I don't know? Or you again, when I asked you earlier, the fact that he was willing to commit to you, did you find that to be special? And he was like, well no, because I knew how he was, you know, I know as a.
Speaker 2: Friend, you knew where the bodies were buried.
Speaker 1: So when he steps to you in September, why did you take him seriously?
Speaker 3: Well? First I grilled him with questions because I was like, don't play with men.
Speaker 4: First off, she was excited asking these questions. She wasn't like this, but she was very excited.
Speaker 3: She started laughing, was like, stop playing. Yep, he said, no, I'm serious, because first of all, you would have thought he was about to tell me his cat died like the way he was approaching his conversation, he seemed really sad. He was so serious. I was like, what's going on? Like people, I thought, I'm bad happen? But then when he said it, I was like, I was like for real? He said yeah. I said, okay, hold on, like legitimately, you want to start dating now the way that I look at dating, like we are not in a relationship. We are taking our time to see if we want to have a relationship, but we're dating exclusively. That's what you're saying, he said, yeah. I said, okay, So if we take a picture together and I put it on Snapchat story or Instagrams or whatever, and somebody slides up and you know the ones I'm talking about, what is your response? And he starts laughing and I'm like, okay, hold on and what if? And I just start giving like so many because I want to be clear what is happening. I love good clear communication, clarity.
Speaker 4: Maybe she was clear, but not so clear because you know how all y'all said the dating like y'all are seeing it you on each other. Yeah, No, I meant we were together.
Speaker 2: We're together.
Speaker 4: That is because I said, this is my first one.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So when I asked that, I meant like, we are together?
Speaker 2: What you said? You said?
Speaker 1: And I was like, how she talking about we're going to go back to this other process in a way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he told how I felt.
Speaker 1: He said, I don't know what to do with these emotions. He spent the summer reflecting, thinking, found watch dating other folks, and then he said, listen, this is what I want to do.
Speaker 3: And You're like, Dayton, because I did take into the consideration that, like, you've never been in a relationship with so are you sure that this is really what you want?
Speaker 2: Are you?
Speaker 3: I'm like, are you sure you want to be committed to one person? I'm sitting here. I didn't know and I didn't find out until I think it was two weeks in. Somebody he introduced me to somebody That's what it was on campus because he was everybody's ran on campus and he was like, Oh, whoever this person was, this is my girlfriend, Hailey. I said, oh, that's me.
Speaker 7: When we do that, that's what okay.
Speaker 2: Do that.
Speaker 3: I don't remember that, I said, you didn't ask me? He said, what are you talking about? I was like, no, that's not what you said.
Speaker 4: So that's another two dates we have because you'll say we got together in October, and.
Speaker 1: I'm like, we got to get September. It was September. So you was expecting will you go with me yes or no type of question because you said.
Speaker 3: Yes because I looked, I look, are we dating? Are we in a relationship? Because dating can be dating exclusively or dating multi what is happening? So that's where my questions were geared towards that evening. So when he didn't say, oh, no, I want a relationship, what did you said?
Speaker 2: Remember saying money?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I do, Yeah, I do remember saying exclusively talking. I'm pretty sure that's that's what we use.
Speaker 2: Exclusively talking.
Speaker 4: Yes, And that's probably where the miscommunication came in at because when I when I said exclusively talking, I meant we are together. I ain't talk.
Speaker 1: I don't want to talk about this because I was talking to my nephew son about this yesterday.
Speaker 2: According I want to hear both of y'all's.
Speaker 1: Chronology of what exclusivity or this say from marriage. So I want y'all to go from all the way. I ain't gonna start off with the first word, but whatever that word.
Speaker 2: Is, then this and then this and then this and this and this all the way to marriage. What are those stages?
Speaker 4: So nahen would be first see what she says.
Speaker 2: I want to see what she thinks.
Speaker 3: Sorry, ideally, like if I know you friendship, dating in the marriage or relationship the marriage. I don't like the whole talking thing because what is that?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: Did y'all just change the word for dating?
Speaker 2: So no, no engagement then just just talking and their marriage?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, give me every.
Speaker 3: Step okay, okay, so friendship, dating, relationship, engagement, marriage, All.
Speaker 2: Right, what do you say?
Speaker 4: So I would have said dating because I wouldn't even thought about friendship. If it's two people who don't even yeah, I would have said dating, relationship, engagement marriage.
Speaker 2: What would you say?
Speaker 1: Ooh?
Speaker 5: I would have said friendship. Then I would have I think, I say it, don't worry about them, No, definitely friendship first. Then I would say, there's this conversation that shifts the friendship to dating. So I don't want to skip that because that's a pivotal moment. I called that like a like an AHA moment. All yes, the friendship, then you got to have the aha moment. Then you you start you know, dating. Now you set your intentions hopefully in that aha moment and both parties have a greed. So now we're dating. But I for me, you know, I like it to be a relationship. So at the point that we're dating, it's just going to be me. So I don't know if that's dating and relationship because I'm processing this out loud.
Speaker 3: Let's go to you.
Speaker 1: I believe friendship, dating none exclusively, dating exclusively, engagement marriage. And so that's because I believe that in the friendship you're having a conversation is getting the chance to know whether that's somebody you want to be with.
Speaker 2: Then you're dating none exclusively, that.
Speaker 1: Person as a friend can be a part of that along with other people. Then you start saying, hey, listen, I want you now, I'm exclusive with you. I don't believe me personally, that's just how I roll. I don't believe you should get exclusive with anybody unless you feel like that's the person you want to marry. And so because you just exclusive for what you just I just took you off the market so your husband can't find you.
Speaker 4: What do you take.
Speaker 2: I said.
Speaker 1: It's this funny meme that went viral during COVID it said men be like, get dressed so I can take you for granted.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so, and that's one thing I definitely believe if it's gonna be if we're going to have the title of a relationship, it's got to have intentions, and the intention has to be we're trying to see if we can make marriage of a thing.
Speaker 1: And then I also think too based on age, because I don't expect Ladarian at seventeen years old to be talking about I'm exclusive with her.
Speaker 2: That means I'm gonna marry her. You're exclusive with her.
Speaker 1: So you ain't distracted, y'all be together, especially talking about college age and young people whatever.
Speaker 5: What age would you say that is that it shifts after.
Speaker 1: Well depends on your maturity level. But when you start learning that you desire marriage and you want to be married, then that can happen at Because I had Kaitlin and Kiro that was on the podcast, It were nineteen years old when they got married. You know, it's people that had that got married young in their twenties.
Speaker 2: They know Josh and Jalika. Josh, how was Josh twenty one?
Speaker 1: Yeah, ye, twenty one, and he like, this is what I want to do, you know, and so it just depends on when you know who you are and know what God's word is over your life, then you I need my purpose partner, because I always know that a lot of men when they prolonged marriage, it's.
Speaker 2: Like they matter of fact, I'm not gonna say that yet.
Speaker 1: We're gonna talk about it because I want to know what happened to this player that made him decide to say I want to be exclusive with this woman and then the maturation phase of marriage.
Speaker 2: So I don't want to give that out just yet, and I will cover this.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say to what you were saying that I knew I wanted to be with her, but like I said, I didn't. I hadn't any marriage, no, So I didn't even think about marriage at all. That was not nothing I thought about. It was just I knew I wanted to be with you, and as time progressed and we started growing closer together, I knew I wanted to be with you forever. So and I know how much she talked about marriage, I'm like, well, if this is something that I'm going to do, then I know that I need to be married. So that is that is kind of how early on the marriage phase came up for our relationship because I wasn't I wasn't hip to this at all. No, this wasn't something that I.
Speaker 2: Wasn't even him to commitment. No, I wouldn't think about it.
Speaker 1: That's why I said, it's a beautiful maturation that you went through because you like, no, nobody can't even say that I'm their man. And then something God woke something up in you where you said, I want to.
Speaker 2: Be with you right right, I want you to be my girlfriend.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So that's a that's a hard pill to swallow. And then the fact that you said it before she said it, you introduced her as such. That's a whole different level of declaration from a man speaking a word to say, this is my girlfriend, right, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And she looking like hold on, when if that happened? You're like, well, it happened and stuff, and she like, I don't know. But the fact that you knew what you wanted her to be and spoke about it, So what happened from that moment you had a clarifying conversation after that encounter with the person on the yard and then what happened you was like, okay, we cool, Yeah, we go together real bad.
Speaker 3: I was like, okay, okay, this is not in I will say like. I didn't tell nobody for a minute though, why because I just I think another part of me was like, are you I just need to make sure you for real, like you serious? Because so put.
Speaker 1: Context around here, because people may see this nice, safe, sanctified man right here. But he was a start for a basketball player. So let's so let's let's talk about Let's put context around.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about it. Yeah, okay, another thing, another thing I knew so being that I knew money beforehand. I knew that he was a very genuine person and I really appreciated how he carried himself. And he is somebody he cannot be pressured into anything if he does not want to do it, if he has not made his mind up about it, he will not do it, no matter who wants him to do the thing. So there was a certain level of comfort in knowing that. But then I'm also thinking back to the fact that like for starters, you've been out here in any streets. I ain't out here any streets, and on top of that, you've never been committed, so are you Are you sure this is what you want? Are you sure that you are good with cutting everything else off and it's just you and me? So I think a big portion of it had to do with the fact that, like I was, I was in it, but I was also waiting for the shoe to drop, and that was my thing. I'm like, Okay, we're going, We're gonna see it because what you're not don't don't make me look crazy out here any streets now, because like I said, that summer, there was already a rumor and I'm like, no, I'm not with this man. And now I'm with this man.
Speaker 4: So I'm like.
Speaker 9: This.
Speaker 4: And early on I posted her in October. In October actually right away, I honestly don't even know. Like thinking back, I'm like, I knew that, I knew that this was my girlfriend. Like I said, I said that early on, And a lot of things that I've seen is like people are proud of and we talked about this recently, proud of our accomplishments, things that we've done, just in everything, and whenever we are proud of them, we post them to teach. So whenever, I was like, I'm proud of who my girlfriend is. So whenever we after our first date, I posted it my girl and it was our first date.
Speaker 3: But everybody he had on his socials with North Carolina, so I was like, oh, none of my people don't see that.
Speaker 2: That's the one.
Speaker 3: I was proud. I just wanted to be sure you was gonna last.
Speaker 4: Am I still get.
Speaker 2: Change my name?
Speaker 5: And but I just understand that because I was the same way.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 5: I think when things are on social media that is very public and germanent, and so I kind of agree, like you want to make sure that what you're posting on social media is going to last, because it's definitely going to live forever.
Speaker 1: But Money said, hey, I love that you have to clean up any past residue. So when you decide to be with her, you made sure all hearts and minds were clear.
Speaker 2: Yep, and you have you have to deal with none of that foolishness.
Speaker 3: I was actually surprised because I was. I was because another thing that I was just thinking about was when it came to like communication, conflict resolution, all of these other things that they say and people tell you all the time, like oh, you don't know until you get in a relationship. Your first relationship is probably not going to be like the one you got to learn. These things have experience and you ain't got none of that. So in my head, I'm sitting here thinking like, oh my gosh, we ain't had an argument yet. We ain't had like real conflict yet. In a friendship we have, but in a relationship, I don't know how you are. So I was a little bit worried that with that lack of experience, since you already had a lack of commit with everybody, you could just walk away. Is that going to be something that you do? So I was pleasantly surprised in a lot of situations where he was just kind of willing to grow and improve, and I'm like, I ain't get no kind of push back, Like now what he was saying earlier about being avoidant, that was something that we had to discuss. I think that was probably one of the longest things for it, Like to learn in our relationship is like, look, I can give you some time, but I ain't give you two weeks of again because I need I need solutions.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, and how to talk about oh yeah, to talk to each other there, yes or something we tackled early on, I.
Speaker 3: Didn't realize like I could be so I'm somebody like I've never cussed, I never do anything like. I don't like I could debate you. I could be I could debate you down, okay, But I was like, I'm not going to do that to money. And I thought because I wasn't like this aggressive person with him, that I was good. And then one day he looked at me. Were having a conversation and he left. Actually we had a conversation, he kind of got quiet, and then later on that day we talked again and he was like, I didn't appreciate that when we were talking about this earlier, we didn't agree, and you talked to me like I was a child. And I started to notice because he this wasn't the first time, but I had never noticed it before, so I started to notice it more after that. And he was like, you do it a lot and I don't like it. And in my head I'm like, well, I'm not yelling, I'm not cussing. I'm like, I didn't realize. I didn't realize, like I take that tone of like like I'm talking to a kindergartener when I'm mad, and I'm like, oh, okay, I need to work on that. So, like he was saying, we had to learn how the person best receives or not conflict, but like criticism or if you disagree. So I'm like, okay, I gotta I got to work on my tone all right.
Speaker 4: And I had to learn that she is not one of my homeboys. So a lot of times, when you know, guys are watching the game or something, it's like the loudest person talks. So a lot of times when I would think something and she's in the middle of saying something to me, I'm just gonna spit out what I have to say, and now she isn't even finishing the thought, and it makes it seem like I'm not even listening or character listen to what she has to say. So we had to tackle that early on because I would be like, well, no, I didn't mean that. I meant this, and she hadn't even finished.
Speaker 5: I'm like, God, that's good.
Speaker 1: And it's interesting that you pointed out like how you would talk to a man, because a man never says let me finish talking like a man. You're interrupting me. A man would never say that, Man, you're not letting me finish my thoughts. We just talked over We over talk each other cool. We understand which one of the things I had to learn. I come from a family. It's seven of us, so mom and dad five, it was five kids, and we would just all talk over each other and we could all everybody get that point across.
Speaker 2: We can all talk. It'd be loud.
Speaker 1: But then being married, I recognized that if I try that with her, she'd be like, you're not letting me finish, And I'm like, just talk like we'll talk while I'm talking.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. It's like, it's.
Speaker 1: You have to learn the skill set of communication, like y'all said, to allow the other person to receive it the way that's best suited for them. Instead of saying I was raised, like we all just talked together. You know what I'm saying, That's just that's just how it is or whatnot. But it's good that y'all tackled that early on. Was that in y'all dating, relationship or marriage?
Speaker 3: I think I think we really honed in on it after we got engaged, because it's my premial counsel wasn't coming, Like I was excited to do premial counselor, and it was it coming until I think it was like ten weeks out from our wedding day. But we were planning for over years. I was like, what are we gonna do? We need like, let's do some stuff. So, like I started like doing so much research about conflicts and marriage, the reasons like top reasons for divorce, things like that, and I made a journal and we went to like target. He got his journal, I got mine. And one of the things that kept coming up was communication while we're researching. So it came like a bunch of subsections and one of them was the question was like how do you best receive criticism? And so we had to kind of sit there and sit with that. And when that came up, the conversation that we had previously about him not liking like how talking had already happened before, but when we started doing that, it was like, okay, he like I have to sit here and say, oh, I like it best when like if I've done something, talk to me in this way. And I had to be able to put words to it because I can't just be mad at you if I can't even articulate what I want you to do, and I'm like, okay, I got to put words to it, and him doing the same. So when we came back together and had this conversation about it, I was like, Okay, we could do this. But I do think that the reason why we probably communicated about it in a non like blowing up type of way earlier on had a lot to do with the fact that we were used to being in households where everybody is like blowing up at each other. So it's like that's the one thing that we did not want to have in our relationship, but we didn't fine tune that and really figure it out. And it's something that has continued to like change and grow though like it started with that journal, but we've had this conversation like, well after marriage and then updating things as things like have changed.
Speaker 5: That's good.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 1: So you were that intentional about So his mindset was never saw marriage, never heard the ogs talk about the value of marriage.
Speaker 2: What was your upbringing, What were you taught or not taught?
Speaker 3: I was not taught to be a wife. I was not taught to really like value men. I guess or how a man could be in my life. I was very much like, I can do bad all by myself. I need to figure it out. Ain't nobody got my back with me kind of thing. My mom was a single mom before, so I watched her do everything, and then when being in relationships, I'm still watching her carry at all. So it was one of those things like not only having to see her carry it, but I think it was a big thing where I internalized, like I'm hearing what she says about men and with her how her relationships are going, and I'm like, okay, that's shaping it. But also I'm internalizing like I can't depend y'all. Y'all really bumped out her, I can't do this, So I'm like, I gotta have me, and that's I really, I don't know. I didn't. I didn't ever expect that I would have the marriage that I have today, And I think because of what I saw it was like and a value in that like and then also coming from a family of most of the women in my family they're not married, and then like these are open conversation that we have had or they're like, this is my old lady and where it's like, Okay, you get that tide, but you'll never get this side of wife. But I'm seeing them, yes, I'm seeing everybody not I'm seeing a lot of women not being valued, not being taken care of. So it's like, I need to be able to do this. I need to have my own job. If that's two jobs, I got to have two jobs. I need to pay for my own car, my own house, and I also need to be able to hold it down, which it translated very aggressively, and I didn't realize that at first. I had a lot of like my one of my closest friends are my bonus mom doc. They would say all the time. In my first relationship, they're like, you're so mean to him, and I'm like, no, I'm not. But I also wasn't emotionally available, and I always had in my head like I can't really rely on you and I don't want you to think that I need you, so I'm not going to give that to you. And that that was that was hard. I don't think that my mindset shifted in desiring to be married until we got together and maybe like a year and a half of being like being together because I will say this, I am not like a serial dater type of person as far as relationships, like, I'm not jumping in a relationship here there in the third I want something. I want something serious. I'm not playing these games with you. But I also was not like, Okay, we're going to get married within this timeframe, by this age, we have these kids. And so when we started dating and about a year in, a year and a half in, I was like, you know.
Speaker 4: What, I changed your mind.
Speaker 3: Because after I got out of the phase of waiting for the other shoot to drop, I'm like, you know what, I can see you.
Speaker 5: So a lot of women, I think, deal with this because it's there's a trust issue. And so walk women who may be even going through this now, and just like they have their guard up, they're like, you know what, I can take care of myself, and they haven't fully submitted or surrendered to the process of being with their purpose partner. What would you say that that's good?
Speaker 3: Ooh, that is good? I would, honestly, I would start out with at some point I had to learn to trust myself and who I chose to be with. I think that is a big thing because when you grow up seeing people make decisions that you're like, why would you do this or why would you be with that person? I think a part of it comes to be like, am I making that same decision and I'm just not seeing it? Because I can see that this is a bad decision, but I'm wondering, why can't you see it? So a part of me is like, can I even trust the decisions that I'm making with the person that I'm being with? And once I kind of got past that hurdle, I started to realize, I'm like, what do I want in a partner? And with the things that I want, I want you to be able to trust me. I want you to be able to be vulnerable with me, to be able to open up to me, and I want to be that friend for you. So how can I desire those things for myself? But I'm not willing to give that to you. I'm afraid of vulnerability while I'm asking you to be vulnerable to me, And that part, I think that was probably the hardest thing for me to really get over, cause when it comes to I was scared of vulnerability, like all I'd ever seen is people take advantage of it, And so I had this mindset. At one point, I said, you know what, even if I'm vulnerable with you and you know that I love you, it is my choice to allow you to take advantage of that. So my vulnerability is not going to be my weakness. It is going to be my strength. But I had to, like I had to tell myself that, and it wasn't like an overnight thing. It wasn't like now I know this, Okay, I'm going to do it. Like it was a continuous step every step of the way of like, Okay, I can trust him with this, Oh, I can trust him with that, and slowly but surely, like I'm breaking my walls down, especially when it came to like having your guard up and not really having a consistent and strong father figure showing you what it means to really be taken care of in a way that or how you should be taken care of, how you should be loved. So like I'm trying to figure it out, like I'm putting the pieces together and I don't have the whole picture, but it's like, okay, take it step by step. So I think one of the biggest things, one of the biggest things I would say is one learn to trust yourself, but not in a way where you're fooling yourself either, because I do think it's very easy to lie to yourself. It's very easy to say, well, I've never had something this good growing up, so this has to be like, it's better than this has to be good when the reality of it is no. Like, just because it's better than what you saw does not mean it's the thing that you need to keep around, because that thing can break you. So at the end of the day, I really started taking notes about I go back to what Uncle John said he was giving, well, not even just what he was like a conversation that he was having with me, but I started watching marriages that I could tell we're good marriages, and the way that he was with his wife, the way that he was with his daughters, the way like I just was really okay, I can I can see and it wasn't in a belittling kind of way. But I also noticed that she was not tearing him down either, like they could have open disagreements in front of people, and it just looked like a simple conversation. It's like, oh, you know what, you're right Like now, I took me a minute to figure that out when I got in a relationship. But those are things, like those were nuggets that I was taking in And I'm like, you need to surround yourself with other married people that are healthy, Like you need to see something that is good, because so many people take what they see and like this is that's bad and like applied across the board when that's not the case.
Speaker 1: I want to give the definition because you touched on walking in vulnerability and you said being able to be vulnerable and if you are hurt in the process, then basically that your responsibility is vulnerability. Vulnerable means being exposed to the possible ability of being physically, emotionally or mentally harmed, attacked, or influenced. It's derived from the Latin word vulneraire, meaning to wound. It describes someone or something that lacks protection, is defenseless, or is highly susceptible to damage. And isn't that amazing that we have to allow ourselves to be vulnerable. And the fear that you had was, ooh, if you hurt me, ooh, if the shoe drops, Ooh, if you leave me, ooh if I put my heart in your hands and you do me wrong, and that's the key that we have to operate in in order for love to flourish. Jesus Christ, the Bible says that he didn't They didn't take his life.
Speaker 2: He gave his life. He became vulnerable.
Speaker 1: He just said, here, you can't just you can't kill a savior unless he allows you to kill him. He says, I'm gonna be vulnerable to y'all. And that's what birthed our salvation. And so kudos, first of all, brilliant question Ashley to even ask her that question, because a lot of men may meet a woman that has been raised a certain way and be like mm hmm, she too much work, and they just give up.
Speaker 2: They be like, I'm not going to deal with that.
Speaker 1: So my question you money, is were you aware of that when you were seeing that, when you were seeing those characteristics, in those those traits that she had. What how did you internalize it the traits when she was when she was coming at you, where she felt like she got this wall up, she wouldn't let you penetrate. She's not speaking about marriage early on, she's just like, hey, i'm chilling. You probably ain't thinking about marriage either, like you said, So you're like, this is good.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying. So I was just I would say, I was just going with the flow, but still being the best person I knew to be, because, like I said, I didn't know anything about marriage or how a husband was supposed to act to a wife, but I knew how I was supposed to act as a person. So I knew that I was going to treat her at the best way I knew how, and I did. I feel like I did that already in our friendship as a friend, Yeah, And I feel like it just intensified whenever we got together. It was like, oh, okay, so you I know I heard you talk about wanting this beforehand when you were going out on dates. Well, I am your your partner now, so I'm going to do these things that I heard you talk about last summer and last seme that's when we were in school. So I just picked up on the things that I heard her talk about that she would wanting a partner, and I just tackled. I did all of those things that she was asking for.
Speaker 3: I didn't scare you at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was about saying that it didn't scare you when she started acting a certain way.
Speaker 4: You know why I don't because I think if it would have scared me, I never would have asked her in the first place to be with me, because I was I was already at a place where it's like, this is something I want and it's something I want to obtain, So I'm going to do this and whatever it takes to have her with me for the rest of my life, I'm willing to do that.
Speaker 2: Really, Yes, for sure, yea.
Speaker 4: Even with like helping her with She was trying to go to law school at first, and I'm like, well, you might as well go next year. So she got an apartment in Winston dating while we were dating, Like we got our bachelors. We got our bachelors the same year, but it was COVID, so she stayed in Georgia. I was in North Carolina, and I'm like, well, you want to get your masters, you want to go to wake for us, you might as well go ahead up there and go ahead move in. It was only two hours away from me, and she was four and a half hours away from me in George, Georgia. Yes, so then we spent a lot more time together. She would come down or I would go up and I think we kind of built a stronger connection then up until the point we got engaged, which is a day that she feels like she almost ruined anyway.
Speaker 3: But I'm gonna be honest, I don't know how like your patience, what.
Speaker 2: Happened happened, what happened on Engage.
Speaker 4: To make a long story short, I knew what I was going to do. I didn't know how to do it. As I've said before, I didn't know any drawn out like get a venue, whatever, the all the stuff. No, I just I did New Year's. My cousin has a New Year apart New Year's paraty every year. At this point in time, Haley really wasn't wanting to do anything for New Years. But I was like, you're really gonna have fun. You're gonna have fun, You're gonna love, You're gonna enjoy it. And she woke up the next day and was like, oh, we can't go because my clothes are in Winston. And I'm like, oh, okay, put some clothes on, let's go. Once is two hours away, so she's thinking, we drive the Winston two hours, we drive back, nobody's gonna want to go. We come back, so it's four hour.
Speaker 1: We spent on the road four hours just to.
Speaker 4: Get an outfit. And she's like, I'm tired. I want to take a nap. I let it take a nap. She gets up and she sees it, I'm getting ready. What are you doing? The party starts in like two hours. We went got them clothes, it's time to put them on. This whole time, she is like dreading it, like I don't want to go, Like I want to stay here. Why can't we just spend it here together? And whenever she saw me down on one knee at twelve o'clock, she just started bawling because all she could think about was how well she says is I don't I didn't really take it take offense to it because I knew what I was gonna do that night. But she just felt bad because of how she was that then. I I was just like, I know you're gonna have fun. Like every time she said something, I was like, you're gonna enjoy it. I feel like.
Speaker 3: I know this man really loved me because I was mean, that was a great that was a great version. I was mean, I know I was I did not want to I said no, it was to the point to where he was like, we're gonna have a good We're gonna have a good time. I said, I bet you I won't.
Speaker 4: She definitely said that because I'm I'm at home, but.
Speaker 3: I'm let me say at the house, I don't want you go you have fun. I'm stay here.
Speaker 2: I don't want to be around you.
Speaker 3: I bet you one hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: He said, I'm not going to enjoy myself. I don't want to told you to the party without you. So so you the type if you say I don't want to go, you don't try to handcuff.
Speaker 2: Him and staying, do you.
Speaker 3: Because he's an extrovert in the relationship, I am like, I'm okay with being at the house, but I also don't feel like I trust you, and I wouldn't be in a relationship with you if I don't trust you. So go have fun. But you're also not in questionable environments, like you don't put yourself positions to make me question you. And he's very transparent before things happen. He's like, we have a conversations, so go have fun. I'm here, I'm be sleep probably or watch it or watching something that you don't want to watch with me, but I'm gonna have a good time.
Speaker 1: You said something powerful. You say he doesn't put himself in questionable environment.
Speaker 4: That's good, Yes, And I was gonna say that. I don't even like After we got together, I stopped going out. I didn't go out to clubs or bars anymore with my friends. I just kind of stayed back behind because I felt like people are going out to try to get the different girls and mingle and do stuff. And why am I paying money to go watch a friend try to mingle with a girl like that. That just does not make sense. And I don't drink, never have drunk, So you can't even say a thing of like social drinking because I don't do it. And I can see if it was a thing where I did drink, but I don't. So it's like, what am I. I'm gonna stay at home with the person I'm with. I don't have to watch y'all do this tell me about it afterwards.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So did y'all feel like y'all are missing anything?
Speaker 4: Now I've been in a relationship, I feel like I'm glad we got a relationship when we did, because hearing stories about our friends when they're out and this girl dad, and then they find out the girl was and who they thought she was. But you met her at this club at two am. Obviously she's not gonna be who you met at two am. So it's like, obviously, I.
Speaker 3: Do think a lot of people trying to paint this picture that like if you're getting a committed relationship young and you getting married young, like you're gonna get to this place where you feel like you just missed out on all these options and all this that and the third and I'm like, y'all like.
Speaker 8: That struggle, like like there's a lot of uncertainty when it comes.
Speaker 3: I gotta guess how this person feels. People don't know how to say it, like I got It's just a lot of back and forth, like are we gonna be committed all we night? Like I'm gonna be real. I like stability, and people look, people be like, oh that's boring. They get to a place where they realize it's just boring. Give me boring, give me we rubbing our feet together our anime episode. I don't won't.
Speaker 4: And I'll say social media has messed up a lot more than we're willing to accept because I have a lot of friends who grew up in two parent households, parents together for forty fifty years, and they use examples of celebrities who have been in relationships and it didn't work out. And I'm like, why not look at your home, that part your mom and daddy's still together. Why are we looking at this man? First off, he got tens of twenties and fifties and millions of dollars. You don't.
Speaker 2: Why are you comparing yourself to man?
Speaker 4: We got to stop doing that. Social media has messed up a lot of people's perceptional reality, and I just hate it because I would I did not grow up with a two parent household, and I feel like I'm searching this and I'm trying to make sure that my kid grows up in a two parent household and it stays that way, and she sees and if we have a son or another daughter, they see what it's like to have a healthy two parent household. And I have friends who have that and they are chasing something totally different. But they will say but they will say they're looking for their wife, and I'm like, no, you're not.
Speaker 5: And that's so good about social media because it does present like this illusion of options, and so people feel like, why would I work hard here because I can just respond back to this person who is in my d MS. But the truth is that whatever you whenever you plan a seed, then you have to give it time. There will be a harvest. So wherever your time is spent, you're going to reap a harvest there. And you know it's not always easy. Like he's trying to plant the tree in our front yard right now and it keeps falling.
Speaker 4: Down because I haven't said that to them. You got to reap the harvest.
Speaker 3: The harvest it takes time.
Speaker 5: Like this tree is going to it's going to grow, but right now it's just a little shape.
Speaker 2: Okay, So this is a tree.
Speaker 1: It's a tree that my gardener playing in the yard and he didn't anchor it down well. And so it's been there for about two years. And the tree that was planning at the same time it's flourishing, it's growing. This other tree hasn't. It's probably half the size of the it's a cypress, it's an.
Speaker 2: Italian cypress, and it's leaning. It was leaning over.
Speaker 1: So yesterday I went exactly but it was leaning all the way over. So I went and got some steaks. I put in the ground and then it rained. And when it rained, because I put it where I have the flowers at where where it rained, the soil broke loose and the tree was leaning again broke loose. So then right before we came today.
Speaker 2: I put it. Well last night, I stuck it.
Speaker 1: In the harder part of the ground, and then it rained again and the wind, the wind blew it real hard and it broke.
Speaker 2: The little the little cable. It's a good lord. So I went back tied it back down to leave.
Speaker 1: Uh. And she's using a great example because what she is saying is that oftentimes, if you're spending all your time planting your seeds at the club, planting your seeds at the bars, planting your seeds online on dating apps, just running through different women, running through different men, then that's where you're gonna reap your harvest.
Speaker 2: But if you get in the.
Speaker 1: Mindset of saying, no, I want to build a foundation in something solid, then you get those same toxic people criticizing what y'all have, saying y'all got married to young and you like, how well, I mean, because you don't really know yourself yet and he don't really know hisself. What if y'all wake up one day and say, y'all want to be with each other no more?
Speaker 2: But what if that day never comes?
Speaker 1: That option is an option of that day never comes one of the most powerful things. And I couldn't write this if I wanted to. My nephew came to me. And what came to Ashley when we spent Christmas together the first time meeting her?
Speaker 2: What did they say to you? What did Deonta say to you on Christmas?
Speaker 5: That you looked calm?
Speaker 1: He said, I've never seen my uncle this calm and settled. And I said, I said, why do you say that? He said, because normally, like when we're spending Christmas or Thanksgiving at your house, you run around, you doing all this.
Speaker 2: He said, Now you just you just chilling.
Speaker 1: People will never know what that meant because they're not a part of my personal life. But in my vows, I said, I feel settled without settling.
Speaker 2: I said that in my vows.
Speaker 1: And many people may have seen it online and be like, Okay, that sound cool, or what are you trying to say that?
Speaker 2: He settled? What are you trying? You know?
Speaker 1: They have toxified comment, but my family validated the fact that my spirit is settled. I feel so at I wake up sometimes and I'd be like, this is my life.
Speaker 2: I tell her, I said, I feel so I.
Speaker 1: Feel chilled, like obstacles can come our way. And I'd be like, ain't no big deal.
Speaker 4: We got it.
Speaker 1: I don't care what happens in life. I feel in my soul. I got my partner, my teammate, and I'd be like, we're good.
Speaker 2: We're good.
Speaker 1: And that's what I want more men to get a chance to experience that you're no longer wondering and wondering. You're wondering who your spouse is, or wondering who this person is, or even if you're not even in marriage, mind that you just wondering who's the next woman you're gonna lay with? Basically, and you find yourself wandering through the wilderness. God has a promised land for you if you sell your spirit enough and say, God, who is it that you have in the.
Speaker 2: Store for me? I value marriage.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to toxify marriage by thinking, well, what if I'm married. I ask people this question all the time, would you like to get married?
Speaker 2: One day?
Speaker 1: I mean, if it's the right person, that's the obvious. I mean, if it's the right I ain't trying to get married to the wrong person. I said, do you want to get would you like to get married one day? And they'll come with the negative fear, not if it's the wrong person.
Speaker 2: I didn't ask you that.
Speaker 5: That's so much trauma, because what is speaking is your trauma is whatever that last situation that didn't work out. Your speak to that instead of getting ready for your future.
Speaker 3: I did a this was I think twenty twenty one. I posted on my story one of those little questions and I said, what is your standpoint on submission? Would you ever submit the number of people? Verbatim said, And I don't know if this was like popular on social media at the time, but why would I do that? He would lead me to hell, I said, and like the number of I'm so serious. I would shock because I'm looking at them. I'm like, I started, I start talking to one person because the other people were like, that's basically slavery. But there was this one person that said that she was actively in a relationship. So I said, okay, my question is why would you choose to be with somebody that you feel like is going to lead you to right if you submitted, because that is a cuss word. It is something that like you don't do. But people immediately went to the like negative side, and I'm like, okay, I think there is a misunderstanding which I was on the other side at one point once upon a time, of what submission looks like. But I was also that was that was during the shift of me starting to value like, oh yeah, I would think I want to be a wife. So I'm having these conversations more and I realized, like there's very much a distorted view of what marriage is, what submission is, what leading is. And I'm like, it's kind of sad, but you know.
Speaker 5: The crazy part is is that submission literally is to come under the mission or the vision. So it's interesting that, like I feel like pop culture has made it mean something that it doesn't. It just means, like, what is the mission? When you guys get together, what is the mission? And everybody. It's funny to me because you can go to school for twenty years and all these objectives or course or silibate, you can like follow everything that your professor is asking, but the moment, it's like, okay, for our household, these are our mission. Now you don't want to submit to that, which is really just saying, hey, I'm on the team and I want to do my part, but you are the person who ultimately and this is what I don't get and I'm gonna be off my high horse. But like, this is great for women because now you take the pressure God gives to you. He puts that right here on your shoulders. Don't no, but just to my ladies, it's like, now we get to be like, okay, cool.
Speaker 3: You got it, you know, and I do.
Speaker 5: Okay. I want to say one more thing. We just went to my family reunion. My cousin said to me, my older cousin, my mom's first cousin, She said, I love this version of you because she was at our wedding. But people haven't. My family hasn't gotten to see me interact with him outside of that. And they said, you just feel so light, you feel so soft, and so that's what I just for me. It made my heart smile because I said to myself, if I said, this is what resting and femininity looks like, and the sooner week because I grew up with a single momb So I know, you know, running a business, I know how to fight, I N D E, P E and D E and T.
Speaker 2: Do you know what that means?
Speaker 5: You know all of that? Like I got that, but like to be able to be like this man has me yes is a beautiful thing. So I just want to come against all the naysayers with the submission because it's actually a beautiful thing.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: Let's jump into this. It was a moment in y'all's marriage. If I were to asked, y'all, what was the hardest thing y'all had to.
Speaker 2: Deal with in your marriage? What would that be?
Speaker 4: Oh O, in our marriage? In our marriage?
Speaker 3: Well, okay, I would probably say for me, it was when we lost the baby. Yes, It's like during that time, I was like like he was doing everything for me. I was so in such a dark place, and I remember, like, grief is a weird thing when you're not angry at God. And I think a lot of people expect you to be angry at God when things happen, and I think it would have been easier to deal with it if I was angry. But it's like I can understand, well, okay, before we lost the baby. It's like a Friday. I'm driving and we had a doctor's appointment that day, and on my way to go to one of his basketball games. I'm just talking to God like we've just been having conversations, and the Holy Spirit lays on my heart to pray. So I start praying. And as I'm praying, like the Holy Spirit lays on my heart to pray, God, you are still good even if I never meet my baby.
Speaker 2: Oh my God, and I start calling.
Speaker 3: I start crying. I'm crying. I'm crying, but I just keep saying it. I'm like, God, you were still good even if I never meet my baby. And I'm like, why am I saying this? So get to the school, go to the basketball game. I never tell money about this. We had a marriage retreat that we can did that Monday rolls around and I'm in so much pain. Later on that night, there was a look.
Speaker 5: There was blood.
Speaker 3: It was a lot. So call a friend. She says, wait till in the morning. See what happens. Next morning, same situation. We go to the hospital. I get told that we need to be rolled back for emergency surgery and that it was an ex topic pregnancy. So in that moment, like I forgot about the prayer, but like we're just praying. Money is just holding me, and I remember when I woke up that night, like we get home, we get past all that, and it's like really hitting me, like we don't have the we don't have the baby anymore. And God reminds me of what I just like four days before, and it really hits me that, like God will keep you he I mean, and he was preparing my heart for it. So though like I'm not mad at God, I still have this grief, I still have this loss. I still miss this person I never met, and I'm like, oh my God. So I'm trying to figure out what to do with the end of that process. I didn't want to do anything. I didn't want to go anywhere, and I remember I'm praying every single day. Was I remember waking up to like Money praying over me, and I'm like, Okay, God, I'm grateful for who you are and you are still good and I still trust you, and even if I never know why, you are still good God. But this hurts. This hurts so bad, and I need somewhere to put this because I can't Oh my goodness. And I just felt like I'm in bed and he's going to go to work, and then he's coming back and he's finding me in the same place. He's getting me out of bed, and he's taking me to the bathroom to brush my teeth. He's put me in the shower to take a shower, like he's doing all of these things, and I'm like, you know what, God, I'm so grateful that even I don't know what to do with this, and I know he doesn't know what to do with this either, but he's still carrying me and like, you gave me this person, and I'm so grateful for that. But there was also like after I finally came out of that, there was a lot of guilt that hit me because I'm like, did you have time to grief? Like the whole time for a good minute. I'm like, you just were doing everything I need, but I wasn't even checking on you. I wasn't really focused on you. And I think what was hard for me is not just the grief, but also realizing like I feel like I left him alone and I'm asking him now like after the fact that he's like he's like he was hurting, but he's like, I understood that this happened to you, like this happened with us, but this happened to you. And that was just a hard Like that was just a hard thing. I don't think I stopped feeling guilty about that or a little a good little minute and be honest, but that even though it was the hardest thing that we had ever experienced, I think it was also something that like it just made me realize, like, this is my person, this is my person. Because after that, we were getting people that was like my husband just was like treated like it was an everyday thing because so many women have gone through so it's not that deep. Like at least it wasn't like after she got here, after he got here, and I'm like, oh my god. And it made me that much more grateful. And I'm not saying that like it's a good thing we went through something like that, but I am saying that though it was the hardest thing, it is also something that further solidified like this is my purpose part and this is my person. And that was that was so disrespected, that was so disrespectfully difficult. I'm not gonna lie, how did you know what she needed. How did you know how to support her during that time?
Speaker 2: And so before you answer.
Speaker 1: That, I just want to give that scripture because you said it's not a good thing that happened, but it was something that happened. And the scripture says, for I know, all things work together for the good of them that loved God into the called according to his purpose. And so that's so powerful because it doesn't say that everything is going to be good that happens, but it's gonna work out for your good. So I just wanted to put that scripture in there and go ahead.
Speaker 4: And I will say I think around that time I had dealt with so much grief or loss at that point in time that I don't want to say I was just all the way numb to it, because I did feel a way because this was our first kid, and we did lose this like like she said, we lost this child, but this happened to her, like they had to go in and cut her tube open, and like she the whole process was just crazy, just cutting her tube open and then us realizing that they or they didn't just cut a part of her too, but they cut her whole right tube like and nobody told us that until last.
Speaker 3: Year or afterwards, that my entire right tube had been completely removed. And that's why it was so difficult for us to get pregnant, because we were told at the time, both before the surgery that it would only be a portion and then my six week postop that it was just a portion that was removed. The pregnant and getting pregnant shouldn't be an issue, and it was a whole thing. And I found out a year later because I was in excruciating pain. I went to my OB and she was like she She's like, are you guys trying Are you on birthnay? Ch'all said, no, we're trying to get pregnant. And she just says it must be frustrated trying to get pregnant with only one operating ovary. Wow, And like you know why she up and now And I was like, hold on, what did you just say?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 3: And like the nurse left the room and she looked up and she was like, you know, you only have like one that you're you're really able to use. And I said, what are you talking about? And she leaves the room. She comes back, she informs me that the person who did our my procedure had been fired that year year for like discrepancies with patients, issues with his surgeries, the way that he logged stuff, et cetera. But I told her, like verbatim, this is what I was told. And then I said, I leave room for misunderstanding because I was going through grief. And then at one point, like I was on, they all had me on a bunch of different drugs. But then I didn't call I didn't tell money what happened. I didn't tell my mom what happened. But I called them and I asked them because they were both there. I said, what happened when I had my extopic pregnancy went through surgery? Can you tell me what the doctor said? Can you tell me what they said? Six weeks later in post off? And it was the same thing verbatim, so my obi had She basically told me. She said, since you don't have your right to you're dependent upon your left so when you're right, when eggs drop from your right side, they don't have anywhere to travel. Yeah, but the way that God works is so crazy.
Speaker 4: Where you say that, Okay, I was gonna say sorry before she said that, I was gonna say, in dealing with a lot of loss, I know how it felt to be even surrounded by a lot of people but still feel alone, like you have no help, nobody's there for you, or nobody's actually there to help you with anything. So even though we sleeping in the same bed every night, or we're at the same house or whatever, I still wanted her to feel like she had somebody there helping her out so that she didn't have to tackle everything. I'm gonna clean the house, I'm I'm taking care of dinner. I'm making sure I'm going out and getting stuff for us. Like she said she would be in bed all day. No, let me get you up. We need to move around. I don't want you to sulk in this, and I want you to know that I'm here for you every step of the way. And that was kind of where my mindset was at during that process.
Speaker 5: That's good, that's real good. And to be able to draw on the experiences that you had to show up, because I know sometimes we hear men not knowing exactly how to show up for women like that. So I salute you for that.
Speaker 1: For me, they'll just leave the one right and be like I don't know how to deal with you right now, So go figure out my own.
Speaker 4: Life, because she was that for me when my mom pad Like I didn't know how to deal.
Speaker 2: With the feelings, and that was prior to that happened before.
Speaker 4: That happened before, and I didn't know what I was dealing with or what was going on. And she was that person for me that helped me get through this. And then literally right after that, her grandma passed away like it was twenty at the end of twenty one and then the beginning of twenty two, these having back to back and then so I just knew and us dealing with that and being that person for each other no matter what came up in life. I know that I want to be that person for you to make sure that you don't ever feel like you're alone.
Speaker 1: So your mom passed in twenty one, and then her grandma on twenty two, and y'all lost y'all child in twenty three, and where year was at twenty four?
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is what marriage is about. Like people look for the wrong thing. They are focused on the bank account, the look, but like when you go through life together like this, like that's that's what really solidified.
Speaker 1: And it solidifies the fact why y'all had to get married when y'all did, because y'all needed each other to go through it. You would have lost your because you would have lost your your your mom when you did. And you know, at the end of the day, you've just been going through it by yourself, you know what I'm saying. But now you got your partner to help you go through it. You know she was gonna lose her grandma. She needed she needed you. It's like, that's what solidifies for I know all things work together for the good of them that loved God into the called according to his purpose. When I when that scripture just washes over y'all and you are able to see those iterations throughout your marriages, throughout your marriage and be able to see that, Wow, this right here happened and God saw through. This right here happened, and God saw through And now we're experiencing a loss together. And it's so unfortunate oftentimes where a child is lost and the mother gets all the attention, all the everything, and and the father. Because I interviewed a couple before and the guy said, no one ever checked on me. And he said that that's different from what Money said. Money said, I knew that I had to do this for her. The loss happened to us, but how you word it, happened to us, but how you how you worded.
Speaker 4: It, it happened. This was a thing that happened between us, but to.
Speaker 2: Her, yeah, between us, but to her.
Speaker 1: Other people say, I lost my child too, and no one checked on me. And everybody came and gave all attention to the mother. The wife did all this, and the man's just sitting there like as if they didn't lose their child, and yeah, and so it's it's that's the reason I'm glad that she circled back, because that was my next question I was going to ask you is how did you cope with it? How did you deal with it? Did you get the need that you get your that you grieved properly, because a lot of men don't grieve, They just bury it.
Speaker 4: And I will say people who checked on us, I will say, there was a lot of people who checked on who would come and make sure he was okay. But they will pull me to the side and they would say, hey, I want to check on you as well, because I know a lot of times the men do, like you said, they don't get checked on. And there was a lot of my family and our friends who made sure they also checked on me as well.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 1: Thank y'all to the community that actually checked on him, because men will isolate and they just build resentment and then they just they start self medicating.
Speaker 2: You said you don't drink, but then that'd be the time you started drinking. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You start self medicating on stuff that's very unnecessary. But glory to God that y'all went through that. And then what's the praise report? So y'all went through Yeah, the praise report.
Speaker 4: So no, no right, no right to.
Speaker 3: I've just learned this information from Obi. Then I called Doc. Doc is my bonus mom. So I called Doc and I'm telling her what happened, and she's like mm hmmm mm hmmm mm hmm. Okay, Well, I'm just gonna tell you this because you talking like you don't know who God is there it is so at the end of the day, you gonna get pregnant and watch it be on the right side. I don't care what they say. I said, Okay, Doc, you're right. I'm gonna trust the Lord. I'm gonna trust the Lord, she said, on.
Speaker 10: The side that has the common Yes, I said, And I set up a point like at the end of that appointment with her, we had set up appointment for two weeks out to do eggertry well to see how healthy like the left side was right, and she was like, we need to wait till your next cycle comes out, and say, okay, cool.
Speaker 3: So by the time my next cycle was supposed to come on, I was like, where's that? And I go. I was like, I'm gonna take a pregnancy test, which it didn't make any sense because I have been late for extended periods of time, but this was like a day late. So I take a pregnant test. But I was like, I'm not gonna look at it because I'm tired of disappointment.
Speaker 2: Hours.
Speaker 3: I want to say, like maybe four or five hours, because I just left in the bathroom and I went about my business. We had we had men coming up to the house to redo the floors, so I wasn't even thinking about it. And then I dawned on me after he left for a basketball game. Oh go check. So I was like, oh my god, I'm pregnant. I was like, wait, but he's not here in the car, and then he called me on my way home, like, oh my god, So I come home. I tell him and we set up an appointment immediately because my Obi wanted to make sure. She said, your chances are an increased for etopic pregnancy after the first by like four or five percent, So we had appointment immediately. Explain atypical pregnancy is so an exopic pregnancy is when you're essentially the baby doesn't travel all the way through your filopian tube. Instead, the baby gets stuck and doesn't make it to the uterus, so they begin to grow. Now it's not a viable fetus, but it will continue to grow and sometimes it can rupture the tube and it can kill both you and the baby. So we caught it, and my Obie did explain that my twoe had ruptured and that's why they had to remove it. But it was not conveyed in the notes or anything like that. But we caught it, take care of it, got surgery and everything, and I ended up being okay. But basically there's no viable pregnancy that can come from that. But that being said, we went up they said let's do an ultra sound to make sure it's in the right placement this time. So I was like, okay, great, and as we're doing it, it's like, oh, there it is, okay great, yeah, da da da, And she said, oh my goodness, Oh do you want to see like which over it was? And she goes over to the right side and not only is it enlarge, but there's so much like blood flow. She was like, it's so healthy this, that and the third and I said, hold on. I was like, what are saying. That's not bout I ain't got.
Speaker 5: A tube over there and was like, So she goes to the left and there's nothing, like you don't see anything on the left side.
Speaker 3: I was first of all, I was worried about the left over it and the blood flow. She was like, no, it came from over here. And then she goes she said, oh, you don't have a tube over here. I don't know how like I don't know and she said, but that doctor sits them.
Speaker 4: I said, what just happened from the right ovary to the left tube?
Speaker 3: That is what happened, yes, And I said.
Speaker 4: The baby came from the right ovary.
Speaker 3: It doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 4: I said, okay, And it's crazy that doc said that, because that's exactly what happened.
Speaker 3: That's exactly what happened. And I'm talking to my doctor about it, and she's sitting here like she said, I'm gonna be honest, I have never seen this happen before. I don't know what to tell you, and I'm like, it's the Lord, it's the Lord.
Speaker 4: Ain't no explanation for it. We can't. We don't have one. Doctors don't either.
Speaker 5: Let me tell you about my guys.
Speaker 2: I know all things work together.
Speaker 9: And now six months, oh my gosh, I have to see pictures.
Speaker 2: Don't take your kid. She won't take your kids.
Speaker 5: I just I mean, Auntie Ashley could just babe like a night out. I got you. I was afore. I'm a teacher, so as I so I'm I'm safe.
Speaker 2: How did it feel giving birth to this miracle child?
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness, it was like such a sense of I can't believe her here, Like God, it is insane when they say birth is a crazy experience. I still like, once she came out, I couldn't. I couldn't put together. And he like, oh my god, you just came out of me and the whole time I was in labor forever. But it's like thirty hours unmedicated. It was, oh, I'm scared of needles.
Speaker 4: Wow, she's so scared of needles that she had a dental procedure done this year without the numbing.
Speaker 2: You lie.
Speaker 4: So scared of the numb and needles. She was like, no, y'all, just do it and said the open.
Speaker 3: He was like the whole time, he said, are you okay? And I'm surprised, but I'm like, I'm like, yeah, tears rolling now.
Speaker 2: In your mouth.
Speaker 3: This is the crazy thing I've ever done. Because he convinced me to go and try like the needle like He's like, because I had to have another procedure done, and I was like, okay, I'm gonna do it. He said, they numb it first, Haley, and they do the jail first. I'm gonna do it. And it was I said, I can't believe I did that to myself.
Speaker 2: It's crazy people drilling.
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 8: Like he said, he said, okay, if that's what you want, Like I think it was gonna be a procedure and he'd be like, I'm sorry, I can't do that. There's liability, No, he said, And I cried the whole time, but like I didn't flinch.
Speaker 2: I was that is crazy.
Speaker 5: Wow, he let me do it.
Speaker 3: Now. I do have a newdist now though, because some of the things and what needed to be So I'm like, that's probably why he let.
Speaker 4: Me do it, but that that is the reason why she did the natural birth, because she is so afraid of.
Speaker 3: Needles that they stick in your back. And then I didn't know you had to have a cat of the two.
Speaker 1: I said, oh uh and if they and if you move while they're doing it, you can be paralyzed.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm telling you right now today I said, oh, I'm not doing that.
Speaker 4: She did a great job and yeah, thirty hours.
Speaker 3: I didn't do it at the hospital either though, So that was the other because I didn't want to be pressured into getting it. So I went to a birthing center where it wasn't given.
Speaker 4: An option, tried the pool.
Speaker 3: She ended up. I ended up on the floor because she wasn't acting right in the pool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's crazy. She was in the Captain Morgan position for I was the bed.
Speaker 3: The floor, the toilet, the shower, back to the pool. Leilani did not want to come out. I want her to come out in that pool, and she was acting up.
Speaker 4: He shout out, shout out a Natural Beginner's birth center though, because they did their thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah they did.
Speaker 3: I'm look, she came out on the Florida I was like, look, okay, Natural thirty hours.
Speaker 2: Women, y'all women, the superhero y'all from Superhero.
Speaker 3: But I'll say this, I heard a lot of horror stories beforehand, and I don't think it was as bad as I thought it was going to be based on the stories that I was told. But I was praying the whole time. I'm like, I'm in there.
Speaker 8: You're like, God, I can't do this because I need you to meet me.
Speaker 3: I thought I was scaring the duel and the midwif because at one point I'm going off in tons. I'm like, God, you're gonna be here with me. Your president is gonna be in this room.
Speaker 5: This.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you gave me.
Speaker 3: I can't do this if you're not here.
Speaker 2: Teach.
Speaker 3: Look, and that's the only way we got through that.
Speaker 4: That's good.
Speaker 1: I want to touch on this before we wrap up because we always talk about purpose partners and people see y'all have this phenomenal social media presence. Y'all have eight hundred and how much? Eight hundred and what thousand? On Instagram?
Speaker 4: Seventy eight eight seventy I think.
Speaker 2: Eight seventy something. What do y'all have on TikTok?
Speaker 4: One point seven mil? Just hit one point seven one point.
Speaker 5: Seven that's dope. Y'all been working exactly.
Speaker 3: Look, I got a crazy boss.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this started what two years ago?
Speaker 4: Uh, basically three, because it would have been twenty twenty three at the end.
Speaker 3: Like right after we got there December of twenty three.
Speaker 4: That we were still working our jobs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then how did this come to Besso?
Speaker 2: Yes, to start doing content?
Speaker 4: I encouraged her, Yeah, she well, I saw everybody just making videos like I didn't. We didn't have TikTok at first. So when everybody was getting TikTok in like twenty twenty COVID, we didn't have it, and then we got it like twenty twenty one, and I'm seeing the stuff and I'm like, we can do this, like this is this is not hard stuff, and she's like, no, I don't want to do it. So then I made videos by myself, but it was just like random sounds. That was like no strategy to it at all. I was just doing bs stuff like you're talking about nothing. I literally just did sounds sound like I would do sounds and put words over the.
Speaker 2: Sounds like sounds.
Speaker 4: It was nothing, literally, and I don't know how, but I got ten thousand followers off of it in like a year. But then when I encouraged her to do it, after I got ten thousand, within like two or three months, she got one hundred thousand followers.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, in two or three months, yes, what was your content?
Speaker 3: My content? I was doing my skincare because I was learning good skincare, but I was also telling stories. I started talking about like I did a series about my mom and the way that she grew up and everybody love a good ghetto series.
Speaker 4: And then after you grew, after you grew, you did the Biblical baddies.
Speaker 3: Oh, yes, I did. I did Biblical Baddies. It was coming from me for that.
Speaker 2: What was that about?
Speaker 3: Episode? Everybody? I said, Sarah had to be fine because Abraham over here lying not once, but twice about this girl. Because think you won't kill me?
Speaker 2: Fuck?
Speaker 3: I said, she was older age. I said, oh, I want to be that fine, that's how bad I want to be. And like I'm telling the story but in a kind of like a funny way. Yes, And if we talked about Leah and Rachel, like imagine being so bad. He worked fourteen years for you, I mean, and you don't get nothing before then.
Speaker 4: Nothing.
Speaker 3: Like I said, that's what I need to look like, what I gotta do? What's the workout?
Speaker 2: Richard?
Speaker 5: About es I did?
Speaker 3: I was going in. I talked about Elsa. I talked about Ruth like the Kin's memory, Dame, I said, listen.
Speaker 4: So that was a method to her. Man there was he was just making sound and I was just making sounds. And then in twenty twenty three, after we got married in November, we did like three actual couple videos. All three of them took off, and I was like, wait a minute, let me change this talk about that. This one was like one of them was like we're married, and it was like the trend where it's like we're married, so of course whatever whatever, And we went back and forth doing that, and then we did when the target videos was like a random woman walking up in Target.
Speaker 3: Like hitting on you, Howard, You that.
Speaker 4: Is really what took us off because we did those like every week after that, and we were getting one hundred thousand followers every month, every hundred thousand followers every month for the first eight months. It was eight or nine months from November to December January. It just kept coming hundred thousand.
Speaker 2: I was like, and what was your frequency, y'all posting every week?
Speaker 4: I was trying to post like every day. Yeah, two three times a day.
Speaker 3: It was crazy, really, I mean, and we both working full time. Come he's coming home at eleven o'clock after because he was a coach after a basketball game out of town. Like, okay, let's run these three videos before I take a shower, Like, come on, let's go in the.
Speaker 4: Next day while I was at work on my lunch, I would post one at twelve, I'll post one after like three, and then I would post one after practice every single day, every single day, Saturday, Sundays and Saturday too, because that would be the days we don't so we did the target videos. We don't have a target in our city, so we would have to drive to Gastonia was like thirty minutes away, and we would do the videos then when we had time.
Speaker 3: Because I don't know why those type of videos didn't work in any store of Target.
Speaker 9: It was like.
Speaker 2: We did.
Speaker 10: Everywhere.
Speaker 3: I said, oh but that one Target one went craz keep going on.
Speaker 2: Video every time.
Speaker 4: Oh my god. We got at least ten of those videos at least.
Speaker 3: I didn't like that, and I felt bad because we didn't even shop at Target.
Speaker 4: We didn't even shop.
Speaker 3: We were just making videos like it was our studio. We was clocking in at and you got people in the conversation that y'all had Target.
Speaker 5: Y'all don't feel bad. You promoted them.
Speaker 1: With y'all no lord, and y'all was getting So a video that y'all have with Target, what do you think has the most views?
Speaker 4: Like, I mean, one of those videos probably about twelve million. All of them had over a million, like ten digits double d. At least three of them had ten million plus and then some of them have eight million, six million, like the lowest on those were probably like eight hundred thousand. And that was and that's why we kept doing them.
Speaker 2: Y'all would get one hundred thousand followers a month.
Speaker 3: It was insane. It was to the point where, like when we started meeting other creators who had been in the game a lot longer than us. They were like, how did y'all do it wrong? I don't know nothing about it. I can't even tell you. I can't even tell you now how to replicate that again, because like after we hit the eight or nine month, it was like eight hundred nine hundred thousand. Once we hit that range, it wasn't like it maybe went down to like fifty thousand in the month and then maybe thirty and then it was real. It got real slow after that.
Speaker 4: And then we were thinking, like, what are we doing wrong?
Speaker 1: But it was like, yeah, I bet y'all was I bet y'all was like, please don't close down TikTok. When that whole thing was going, was talking about TikTok you was like, Trump, don't you mess this up.
Speaker 3: I immediately said, Okay, I need to start posting on Instagram. Let me let me go over there, let me go in the establish an audience over there.
Speaker 5: But it's I think, like, obviously you guys did a lot right, But it really is like the you guys factor because you're so relatable, you make content that clearly speaks to people, and you guys are just like real and transparent. But like, don't take yourselves too seriously, and so what is there not to love about following you guys and watching your.
Speaker 1: Content and what do y'all have like and creating content? Do y'all have any boundaries of what y'all won't share publicly Christian?
Speaker 4: Yeah, my daughter daughter right now? Yeah, well her face, so her face okay, yeah, not like the head. Yeah, but we.
Speaker 3: Also don't make content really surrounded by her either, like she may be in like a vog or something, or I will be on my page and talk about her or talk about motherhood, but like, she didn't sign up for this, and I have patients, but like, I don't care what you think about what I got going on when it comes to my child, and I don't want her on social media because people are very ruthless when it comes to kids, and I don't just want to that crazy.
Speaker 2: Well, we have an exclusive picture of their daughter right now. Dropped the picture. This is when she's teething. This look at this picture.
Speaker 1: But yeah, that is cool that y'all have those boundaries, like, hey, listen, we're gonna we're gonna keep our kid, you know, anonymous. So I'm gonna ask you all this question again, now, since we've come all the way around full circle, why did God allow you to marry her and him?
Speaker 2: Why did he choose this.
Speaker 1: Partner for y'all to be married hindsight being twenty twenty as you look across his journey.
Speaker 4: Why, I'm gonna say, for me, it gave me a different perception of life, because I will say we have similar backgrounds, but we perceived life a different way because Haley was a person where she had not seen a lot of things. I hadn't seen the people traveling, I hadn't seen the marriage. I hadn't seen all this stuff. So I wanted I was a person who was I have not seen these things. So I'm okay with not having it. So even in taking our first trip, which was to the dr but it was a group trip, and I'm telling her, like, we don't do that, like that's not that's not what we do, and everybody know who he is. But I was but like, like I said, I just felt like, and now I'm trying to go out to the country once a year. But she just opened my eyes up to just to life in general. Like she has brought a whole different perception of life for me in the way I view people, the way that I view myself, the way that I view her in just different situations. And I feel like she was putting my life to just change my sense of reality that Hayley, Oh that's.
Speaker 1: Not I don't Why did y'all choose money to be your husband?
Speaker 2: Could have been anybody else?
Speaker 1: Why any of them dates?
Speaker 3: There was never I think God knew I needed somebody that could help me heal certain parts of things when it came to how I viewed men, how I viewed a husband, how I viewed a father, and when it comes to being with money.
Speaker 4: There's so.
Speaker 3: Many things that I realized I've healed through in being married to him, being able at I just tell him not a long story, but we had my niece for like two weeks. We got her to like two weeks at the time. She's in Georgia, right, and I was spelling some time with a whole time that we had her. And she leaves second home and I'm washing dishes, money comes out the room and I was like, I just need you to know. I need to talk to you, and I don't want you to be upset, but I need to say this. The entire time that my niece was here, I felt like I was on edge and I felt like, there is no way somebody can be this caring, this supportive, this loving, and this attentive without some twisted ulterior motive. And I'm not talking about it from a standpoint of you have a questionable character. I'm realizing that in you, God is healing what I didn't think could be possible. And he walks over to He didn't say anything, he like, he just walks over to me and he hugs me, and he says, I'm so sorry that you had to experience that, but you don't have to worry. And it's like that, I'm seeing with like him becoming a father, and I'm seeing what it means for somebody to really like I want to be a dad and I love being a dad. I want to be a husband and I love being a husband. I want to love you, even when you're not the easiest to love. That is he goes so much when you see people so quickly ready to leave, so quickly, ready to throw on a towel that you're not worth it, And have somebody sit here and be like, yo, this is what I signed up for. And like truly be patient and love you through it like that, Oh my gosh that and it just kind of dawned on me.
Speaker 4: In May.
Speaker 3: We were sitting in church and I'm holding Leilani and I'm looking down at her, and it was like, I see, like and that was this year.
Speaker 2: I'm like, God, I.
Speaker 3: See why you gave me this man.
Speaker 11: I see why you put me with him, specifically, the way that he talks to me, the way that he has patience even when I have an attitude, the way that he will not He's never ever raised his voice.
Speaker 3: At me being angry. There's never been like a knockout, drag out type of thing. You gave me somebody who could show me the exact opposite of what I expected to get when it came to a relationship, a husband and a father, what I expected to get in a man that has healed me on so many levels. I know I needed that, and like, I love you, I love you. I'm trying not to let no tears drop because I did my makeup.
Speaker 4: You won't cry for me, he.
Speaker 2: Said, you won't. You want to mess up your bakeup for him, right?
Speaker 3: But no, I was like I needed that. I genuinely. Yeah, you're a great man, you're a great woman.
Speaker 1: But it's a great opportunity for y'all to grab that box. Do you have any other questions asked before we write?
Speaker 2: To keep the love that was?
Speaker 5: That was very beautiful, beautiful, and.
Speaker 1: Yeah what I love about. Y'all can grab the box and I'll talk while y'all grabbed the box.
Speaker 4: There to start.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you go get the pin out.
Speaker 1: Each one of y'all get your own yeah key and then you write a sentence phrase, word whatever you want to write your key to love, and sign your name no cheating.
Speaker 5: So what did you think about this episode?
Speaker 1: I thought this episode was absolutely beautiful. I talk about marrying young in chapter see the eleven or thirty eleven or something in Student of Love, and I love when I see.
Speaker 2: The fruit of that, when I see.
Speaker 1: When you marry young, it's not going to be easy no matter what age you get married, because we can argue getting married in your thirties or forties or fifties.
Speaker 2: Those couples are said in their ways.
Speaker 1: They may come together with different assets, They may have gone through divorce, they may have gone through having kids prior to meeting each other. They may have all these things that they bring into the marriage prior to they have those obstacles to go and you know, journey through. And then you get these other people that get married young and then they have the maturation phase and mature through. But that's the beauty of marriage. And so I just loved hearing their story, hearing their journey, hearing their you know, you know, I'm a fan of going from friend of fiance. I love the fact that Gods did an okie dokee on money because he was like, I ain't even think about marriage, and here he is talking about when you beat my girlfriend. So for yes or no, you go from that moment to hey, I'm gonna propose to you right here in this apartment, Like what's up?
Speaker 2: Will you be my wife? You know to know that, And a lot of.
Speaker 1: Guys use and it's a real it's a real excuse when they say, I've never seen it, so how do you expect me to ever have it as real?
Speaker 2: But you can also be what was never shown to you, yep.
Speaker 1: And I love that he was mad enough that he knew God enough to say I don't have to see it to be it. And as young kids, we were always taught. If you can see it, you can achieve it. You know what I'm saying, which is true, But also what happens if you don't have it. Then you can look to the heels with for what's coming, Your help, your health coming from the Lord. So you can look at God and say, God, teach me how to be a husband, teach me how to be a man, and teach me how to be a father. And I bet your money had no idea that the way he was fashioned would be healing. Haley in the in the in the Bible says, and as they went, they were healed. And so as y'all were going thro y'all's journey of love, y'all were finding healing for both y'all.
Speaker 2: It's reciprocal.
Speaker 1: He was finding healing in his mindset of not believing that it was attainable.
Speaker 2: So what was your takeaway? What do you like about this episode?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 5: I loved what you said, and then I think one of the parts that I love the most was how Haley was talking about communication and just how intentional they have been in terms of learning what the other person needs when communicating, because they saw that as a challenge. And I love that they met that challenge head on and just said, we're not gonna let the things that cause other people to stumble affect us. And so I think that takes like both people to do that work. And I just thought the way that she described it was so beautiful and her temperament matching. I mean, I could just keep going on, but her being like I was a little bit difficult in him being like, I'm not gonna argue, and then I'm gonna have to come, you know, and meet you and have these conversations. Like the whole just the whole transparency of it all. I think it is really healing.
Speaker 1: So and I love that. I love that about y'all is that a lot of men are very they'll just walk away, you know what I'm saying. It's like we're trained that if a woman has been difficult, challenging, argumentative, whatever, we just walk away.
Speaker 2: And then men just keep doing that.
Speaker 1: And I would watch that on TV shows where they'll have an argument and what the dude do getting the car and drive off, take a long drive down the.
Speaker 2: Street, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I'd be like, what happens if you get in a car accident?
Speaker 2: And die, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And it's good that you remove yourself out of that situation, but that can't be a coping mechanism that anytime there's a conflict you get in a car and drive off, you know what I'm saying, because that can lead to a different level of insecurity with that woman to be like, well, where he goes he about to go be with another woman? What was he doing is he's on the phone talking because you're avoiding the situation. And so I love the fact that you were fearful because that was motivated by fear when you were like, I'm gonna go read to make sure it don't work out. But it was also wisdom because you said, I'm gonna read these books to figure out what causes marriage is to break down. Because your mindset was always like I'm waiting for the shooter drop.
Speaker 2: I'm waiting this it's too good to be true. It's it's too good to be true, is too good to be true?
Speaker 1: But it caused you to start being proactive and start saying, well, let me make sure that it doesn't you know, So that's great when.
Speaker 4: You write for your Key to Love, I said, be willing to grow and change. If you always do what you always did, you'll always be what you've always been.
Speaker 1: That's good, that's good. Look at her now, she's like, I don't want to remind.
Speaker 3: I want to say I wrote mine first. I need y'all to know I wrote I put willingness to grow, improve and love through the ups and downs.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 4: Trying to be like me so bad that you change the last name. First, first she moved to my state, then my city, changed the last name, and now she's right now in the same things as me.
Speaker 2: You know, you gotta looking.
Speaker 6: Look.
Speaker 3: Look, I can't say I put it if it is on willingness, because something.
Speaker 5: If you're willing get work, you're willing willing heart.
Speaker 2: That's what the bouble talks about.
Speaker 1: Listen, take a stand, go hang those both on the same hook.
Speaker 2: Find a hook up there, and you gotta go herself. Y'all both gotta go do the way.
Speaker 5: And while they're doing that, ask me the question again so I can redeem myself. No question was great, No, no, no, the question what did.
Speaker 3: You say about the phases?
Speaker 4: I order?
Speaker 2: All right, so we're going to ask this question again. Okay, So what.
Speaker 1: Are the phases of a relationship romantic relationship.
Speaker 5: Okay, there's the friendship first. Then there's a defining moment, which is a conversation, it's the aha moment. But I thought, I think defining is like a better way to describe it. So it's something defining, and then you can decide how you want to date, if you want to just you know, not be exclusive, or if you want to say, let's just lock in with each other because I really want to prioritize this. So then that would be like the third and fourth phase. And then but but again, I don't think you should get committed unless you're like very intentional and you think that this could be or forever, and then then you get engaged and then uh, and then you get married. Bam.
Speaker 2: Did we go through those phases?
Speaker 3: We did?
Speaker 2: Okay, So how how was our phase?
Speaker 3: It was?
Speaker 5: It was friendship defining moment?
Speaker 2: What was the defining moment?
Speaker 5: Well, you called me and you were like.
Speaker 2: Hey, what I say?
Speaker 5: I could cover you better than all them other in words defining and he meant it, this was my friend and he was like, I gotta tell you something, I could cover you better than all them others. I said, oh, okay, I'm listening, so defining right, yeah, and then and then dating, yeah, March eighteenth, or courting is better. It's courting better where if you want to go all biblical and all saved and sanctified according engagement marriage, that's my order and I'm sticking to it.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 5: Back to Yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Like it, but it's the same thing as friends watching each other date other people. And it was like, and like you said, I'm seeing what these other people keep feeling at I hear what your needs are because I remember one time I just got frustrated when she talking me.
Speaker 2: I got frustrated.
Speaker 1: I was like, I'm hearing what you desire. I see the type of woman that you are. How are these guys mishandling you?
Speaker 2: Like? I know how I know how to serve you.
Speaker 4: And it's not hard things.
Speaker 3: I can do that.
Speaker 2: Do that.
Speaker 4: That's a challenge to.
Speaker 5: What he's like, I'm excel in that.
Speaker 3: As a matter of fact.
Speaker 2: As a matter of fact, here's my resume. I can do that. Well.
Speaker 1: Listen, it was a pleasure talking to y'all. Y'all were so vulnerable. That's gonna be the word of I made call. Let me ask you this. I used to say this in the earlier season of Dear Future Wife. If y'all were to name this episode based on what y'all shared today, what would be the name of this episode? You can put your microphone close to your money. Both y'all can talk. Y'all can have two different titles you want to. I just want to hear what y'all think about this story, y'all journey, y'all love journey. If it was a lifetime movie, what would it be called?
Speaker 2: Love after loss? Love after loss? What would you call it?
Speaker 3: I'll probably stick with the vulnerability topic and say you'll find vulnerable, You'll find strength in your vulnerability.
Speaker 2: You'll find strength in your vulnerability. That's good. Listen, may the love you shared today?
Speaker 1: No, let me ask you this for our close anything that we can support, y'all got anything coming up? What should we tell our listeners a lookout for?
Speaker 3: Come on, you guys are looking at the founders of Black Collective, so be on the lookout this year. There will be an update this fall of what you can expect. You'll already know a couple of conversations about journals and merch and things that we've been working on as a young married couple, because marriage is not just for people who are older. You can have a happy, healthy marriage, and you can be proactive. You don't have to be erotic dot and go through the streets and struggle first. I promise you, yes, but be on the lookout for that this fall.
Speaker 2: The Black collective, the Black Collective. I love it. I love it. May the love you share today outlive the season you're.
Speaker 5: In, may carry you through the days when words are few and faith has to do the talking.
Speaker 2: Y'all give it up for the black y'all. I'm glad because I know I'll do it. What they said, what they said.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but the love you share today, outlive the season you're in.
Speaker 5: May carry you through the days when words are few and it has to do the talking.
Speaker 3: And you know it.
Speaker 4: We go, okay, let's do it, amen.
Speaker 1: Ladarian thrust it suddenly into child protective Services. In twenty fifteen, my nephew, black a boy. The likelihood have been adopted outside of kinship slim to none Rmione, sixteen years old, black a boy with five years in the foster care system before I even knew his name. The likelihood have ever been adopted Yep, you guessed it. Slim to none. While Ladarian and our MONI were trying to survive and barely thrive in an overpopulated and underfunded Falseter care system, I was living my own life, doing well professionally, having been a single father with a daughter who at that point was doing well in college. It was my time to live my life right.
Speaker 10: Wrong.
Speaker 1: I felt unsettled, tireless, agitated. There are just too many of our Black children stuck in ambiguity and in the limbo of the Falter care system. In twenty seventeen, I legally adopted my nephew Ladarian.
Speaker 2: Fast forward to twenty nineteen.
Speaker 1: I had no ties to this other young king, but I felt God instructed me to adopt them also in I obabe starting over with parenting should have been enough. Right, Working with various foster care and adoption agencies to help bring awareness to the countless young Black Kings and the Falter care system should have decreased my agitation.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Joining the board of directors of Advantage of Adoption, in organization that helps find permanent adoptive homes for children in Falsil care should have led to some type of resolve right, No, not at all. None of it felt like I had done enough. I now realized that every one of those experiences was land the fundamental foundation for my life's mission. Kingdom Royal. Kingdom Royal would be a luxury, state of the art home for foster boys. Our first location will be in the Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex. We will utilize the whole person approach that instills identity, empowers them to advocate for themselves, and enlightens them regarding new perspectives and limitless options that they thought were impossible.
Speaker 2: Though.
Speaker 1: The young Kings will attend the local public schools that are in proximity to Kingdom Royal. Our at home curriculum will broaden their worldview through participating in the arts, attending various cultural events, learning about and engaging in multifaceted discussions about current events and even in relevant historical contexts, introducing them to gardening and landscaping, and even caring for our animals on our form and on site stables. We just launched our startup capital campaign with the goal of raising two point eight million dollars. Now why two point eight million dollars? Well, in twenty seventeen, I created a web series in which I performed random acts of kindness for targeting the homeless community. One of the most notable successes was that one of the videos went viral, garnering twenty eight million views. However, one of my biggest regrets is that I didn't raise a single dollar to help in implementing a more sustainable plan for the homeless community. So, throughout the years, with much remorse, I reflect and I'm not maximizing that moment.
Speaker 2: I knew if at.
Speaker 1: That time just ten percent of the viewers donated one dollar, we would have raised at least two point eight million dollars that could have really established long term support for the homeless community, or at least started a long term.
Speaker 2: Initial to do.
Speaker 1: So this is my do over, this is our new beginning. Together, we can attack this at the route by specifically helping our homeless Black boys who are already disproportionately represented in the American fossil care system.
Speaker 2: I'm a terisarwhee Field.
Speaker 1: I've been nominated for three regional Emmys documenting my work with the homeless as well as my personal adoption journey. Despite those accolades, the greatest award for me is truly providing the infrastructure for a transformed life. Visit Kingdomroyal dot com for more details, crown a king and make a donation today.
Speaker 6: I hope you enjoyed this episode of the Dear Future WIFEI podcast.
Speaker 1: Remember belt live intentionally and transparently, and don't stop loving.
Speaker 2: Make sure to subscribe to our Dear Future WIFEI YouTube channel, available on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, and Stitcher. We welcome your support. Simply share our podcasts with your friends and family.