Speaker 1: The Frames per Second Podcast.
Speaker 2: All right, well, welcome to another episode of the Frames per Second Podcast. I'm your host, Doc and with me I have Spike lou What, Mike c Town, Modest Media, and Ken. Yeah, Mike is not a fan of K That's not true.
Speaker 3: I just gonna let you know, Mike, don't.
Speaker 2: We had a deep discussion about it before we started, maybe on Patreon, so I don't want to hear that. Go listen to Patreon. How much you hate k Tranada. And speaking of Patreon, y'all become a patron man. We got some exclusive content on that, including trailer reactions, exclusive nominations where we review uh different anniversary films, We do a variety of other things, just solo reviews, but go ahead and check it out at frames patreon dot com frames per Second. All right, so we're here for episode six of X Men ninety seven. All right, I'm just gonna start out with the normal. You know, Spike, how we feeling?
Speaker 3: It was good? Yeah?
Speaker 4: It was good. No, no note, no complaints I want to give. I guess this did get back to the storyline a little bit, but yeah, I'm it was good.
Speaker 3: How about you? Mike? The only thing I could think I was get Professor X fuck out here.
Speaker 2: Other than that, I'm sick of his ass. Bro, I'm so sick of his worthless ass. Stay the fuck at home, Jesus Christ usual powers to see the world through somebody else and stop getting everybody else fucked up, lame ass.
Speaker 3: But other than that, it was good. I enjoyed it. I didn't think they were gonna do this storyline that was random. Are you familiar to huh?
Speaker 1: Not?
Speaker 2: Not in super detail, but I've I've read pieces of it because there's only a couple of issues, wasn't it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I'm surprised. It's like two thousands, That's what I'm saying. I saw. I don't know the details. Got you. How are you feeling right? Yeah? I'm with you on that. I don't know why they're making professors.
Speaker 1: Look like this.
Speaker 3: He made himself look like But I'm alright with this one.
Speaker 5: It's probably my least favorite right now in the series. I know, I'm not familiar with the Polaris character, so my my interest is kind of low.
Speaker 3: So yeah, Ken.
Speaker 6: I thought it was good. Yeah, I thought it was good. So I like what we got here. It just started a little off a little slow, but they picked up remixing my pockets may what it was remixing that ship. It was just like the ants and all that.
Speaker 3: Oh man, Yeah, this was aggravating. It's like you got to see his death over and over again. Haven't got nothing else to do, just laying on the ground. How did you even get in there? Where was his chair? He was just laying on the ground.
Speaker 1: It was parked in the corner.
Speaker 3: So he fell out his chair on purpose and crawled over there. And to reenact the scene, man, reenact Staying at Home twelve.
Speaker 2: As for me, the episode just is okay for some reason, man, the editing, like the pacing of the the episode has been a lot choppier than like last season, and it kind of bothers me a little bit.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It might just be me because I'm I'm picking up on pacing more as I watch content now, But this this this pacing just seems like rushed a little bit.
Speaker 5: It's the first time I really noticed it, which is why I said this one was just okay for me.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I feel you, though.
Speaker 2: It just it just feels a little choppy, like we jumped from seeing too quick. Yeah, Yeah, it's just a little bit like, all right, while we moved, it's like we're speeding to get somewhere as compared to really taking our time.
Speaker 3: But it's crazy they used that concept and they put that's her access in it. He can't speed to get no fucking work. How many episodes supposed to be?
Speaker 1: Eight? Nine, nine? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Nine, All right, Well let's go ahead and dive in.
Speaker 2: So we obviously started talking about how the episode opens with Professor X. Rod, did you think we were going back to where we ended in episode four or we were doing some time travel here?
Speaker 3: What were your thoughts when we opened up with this scene.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I had a feeling that it was just some sort of time travel or ingnapment thing because I was like, we already got two solid episodes of Apocalypse in this moment and whatever, so I knew it was probably the danger Room or something like that. So yeah, that that didn't really tricked me or anything like that. I figured that's what he was doing. What about you spoke?
Speaker 4: It was like I said, I wanted to go back, but I didn't want to go back to like to have.
Speaker 3: To see it again, right right?
Speaker 4: I figured I figured, like what Rod said they was doing something either with the danger womb or simulation or something like that.
Speaker 3: How you felt, can.
Speaker 1: I didn't know what they were doing.
Speaker 6: Uh, until it kept I thought he was just kind of reliving it and replaying in his head. I thought maybe, uh, Jean Gray was kind of, you know, distracting information out from him as well.
Speaker 1: So I thought that that was happening.
Speaker 6: I thought when it first started, I thought he was kind of telling the team and then it was gonna jump to him just kind of giving the team an update about what happened. So it wasn't until they did the danger room thing I was like, oh, Okay, that's that's what they're.
Speaker 1: Doing, because I forgot Apocalypse put his foot on his head like that.
Speaker 3: How you forget that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I was until I saw, like damn when he was like.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I didn't realize he had his foot on his actual head though.
Speaker 3: I thought he just kind of stepped over his head and then passing. Now he loves that, nigga.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I'm with you.
Speaker 3: I didn't realize he actually stepped on this ship. That's disrespectful.
Speaker 1: How did you?
Speaker 3: How do you feel about being back here?
Speaker 1: This?
Speaker 3: This remind you? He was in that moment.
Speaker 2: I don't feel like I ever thought he was a hoe until well Nick started it when he was talking about him going up the stairs. After that, I never thought of him being a hole like this. As long as I read X men, I never thought, God damn Professor X as a whole. But this show is definitely bringing out his holeness. Always crying, He's always fucking crying.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: On the floor. Play it again, Play it again for what.
Speaker 2: I guess, my, my, my pushback a little bit, and it's not even pushback.
Speaker 3: You can hush back because I'm probably wrong.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, because I think I think he's always been like had hole in him, because Cyclops is basically another version of Professor X to me, I think they made but it's still hole in him, Its still in both of them. I only thought that Cyclops was a hole in the movies. I didn't think Cyclops was a hole in the books, because I mean, I thought, too, yeah, he's fine, but his actions he's a whole and his girl wolf Ring was creeping in and at some point he's like, you know what, fine, I'm gonna go give me another hole that looked just like this.
Speaker 3: If it wasn't, and I'm having.
Speaker 2: A kid, You're gonna be going to have an honest conversation if it wasn't for the X men. I feel like Cyclops will be a cop. Oh well that's that's that's more than just Cyclops.
Speaker 3: That's a so with fucking beast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Cyclaus is definitely more on the stay on the line.
Speaker 3: I get you like so that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought you meant like a whole like a simp because Professor X was a symp for Magneto this whole episode, and I was like, bro, if you don't, I feel like he's always been I'm always like.
Speaker 3: They stand up. I'm always liked that's that's like his best friend. Though his best friend is one thing.
Speaker 2: But it was just like, because the way the episode started, I thought they were trying to figure it a way to go back and save him. But when I found out that no, he's just laying on the ground crying because he feels bad about what happened, he was just like, bro, all right, man, I'm not God, I.
Speaker 3: Do want to That doesn't make the episode bad.
Speaker 2: It's a me thing. It's strictly a me thing. I just don't care about professor X like that.
Speaker 3: I understood, quick, pit stop.
Speaker 2: Wait, except when the Danger Room was really stepping on his head. Then I laughed out loud because he was like no, no.
Speaker 3: No, wait stop wait ship I LA that was funny. Sorry interrupt, but that was funny. You good quick, pickstop, pit stop.
Speaker 2: So this may not be as an in depth review because we do have a live that we're preparing for for is the mic still on? So if you're listening to this episode and you're not familiar with is the mic still on? Be sure to go check out the live that we put on on YouTube dot com forward slash is the mic still on? Like, if you're not familiar, we do a lot of cultural topics over there.
Speaker 3: To check that out. Yeah, if you just want more more content from the crew.
Speaker 2: But all right, so ken Chall said this is a therapeutic exercise, but the Day's Room ain't really like they like, man, you're just talking about you want to get stronger and all that. Is he actually trying to work through this trauma or is it just him trying to torture himself.
Speaker 1: I think it's a bit of ball.
Speaker 6: I think that he's torturing himself to sort of get through the trauma because he realized that he was helpless to even stop him.
Speaker 1: He probably felt guilty.
Speaker 6: That he didn't really make Menito leave in abandon of the mission from the very beginning, so because he was against it and yet but Menita was, you know, helping on doing it. So I think it's a little bit of both to relive that over and over again, because why put yourself through that sort of true?
Speaker 3: You know, everybody agree and y'all see it differently. Yeah, I just had to look up.
Speaker 2: I was wondering if he was Catholic, maybe because I thought maybe that's why he was doing that.
Speaker 3: But he's not. He's just a bitch, was the axtfuent question?
Speaker 2: Is what he's doing to work through the trauma? Is he just torturing himself.
Speaker 4: I thought that they gave the danger room instruction to make them better for battle, right, so I took it.
Speaker 2: As what you know, why y'all always think I'm laughing at y'all?
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 2: I was just thinking that the dangerom should have been like cut the fucking simulation, just stay home.
Speaker 4: What I think, Well, the danger room was like pressing them harder because he was thinking they weren't ready.
Speaker 2: That Survival of the fittest is what he said, survival of the fittest, and obviously they wasn't ready. He ain't that fit right, Shut up, my danger room should have been honest with him.
Speaker 4: He's trying to be white stepped on his head.
Speaker 3: You're not made.
Speaker 1: Let me just this.
Speaker 2: You can't even roll to the side away from the foot. You just have to take the foot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't think about that all right.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: Our next scene takes us to see Polaris fighting against the pure Fires.
Speaker 3: Spike, are you.
Speaker 2: Familiar with like Magneto and any of his kids at all?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: I surprised he got kids. Did I know that? Because I think we've said it here. That's that's how I hear that. That Jesus, But do you know he has other kids?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: You know he got other kids?
Speaker 1: Right right?
Speaker 5: If I if I do, I forgot, Like I said, I forgot you had Polaris.
Speaker 3: Oh so you didn't remember that to this episode?
Speaker 2: Yeah, to this episode, you'll remember the other one. The second he says that's what he's nutting up for. I wasn't gonna say anything. I was just gonna ask, like you can say, you can talk about it here Quicksilvers, this other kid that's right, and Scarlet, which both they technically twins in the books too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I thought they were only twins in the in the in the movies. Okay, you ain't know that. Oh spoiler alert, spoiler alert, it was in the movie too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they didn't show them as being Magneto's kids in the movie. They couldn't do it. They kind of just abandoned that whole storyline.
Speaker 5: I saw people talking about it. That's how I was trying to remember how I know that.
Speaker 3: But yeah, because people was talking about his kids.
Speaker 2: Mike, she's fighting the pure Fires, so you're familiar with the Purefies vaguely. I think that might have been a little bit later. Okay, I think no, it's actually was the eighties. I don't remember them in detail like that. What's the comic my homeboy educated me on this. God Loves mankis, Oh, God Loves Man kills. But that was that was the one where she said no more mutants, wasn't it. That's that's in the two thousands. But basically it's the Christian extremist groups who thinks that mutants are the monic. I know I read that one God Loves Man kills I don't remember. I don't remember. Yeah, so again, what's put would Pilaire's had been right for killing them off? Yes, the only thing that would have been a problem is dude clearly was trying to be martyred.
Speaker 3: So he was fine.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he was fine being killed, No fucking questions, you two can.
Speaker 6: I think I'm I'm definitely in agreement with with Mike, you know, and rod in that he was definitely trying to force her into this, this this overly aggressive act to show how evil and dangerous they were, and she was falling right into the trap. Because I was thinking, as this was happening, the same thing that they said about her later on when she had to come in for that uh disciplinary meeting, you know, about her turning into that magneto. So I don't think I'm familiar. I'm not familiar with the storyline that they're doing here. So I thought that I was like, man, they're about to turn into the new Metneto to replace the old mento.
Speaker 5: Is that what they're doing. I didn't know she was going to ask me to go back to the mansion they shot first fucked up.
Speaker 6: I loved it, though I've been showing her her display of power like that that ship was off because.
Speaker 5: You're right, I think she was trying to leave and then did so. She was like, look, I cave y'all as is a chance, and here.
Speaker 1: Y'all go fuck with me.
Speaker 2: She said, I'm with the government, y'all need to chill out, and they started shooting. She had every right to kill every last one of those motherfuckers. That self defense it were for ice.
Speaker 3: That was just about man.
Speaker 1: I don't know make.
Speaker 2: And the move on, Jaylen, I know that's why where you were there, I was like, I know it is about to go.
Speaker 3: I don't know why you.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 2: Back at headquarters, pilaris being scolded like you mentioned, and she's being compared to Magneto. So eventually they kick her off X Force because it's like, we can't have.
Speaker 3: You here because of the way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I mean, do you feel like she was receptive to what she was saying at all?
Speaker 5: Plais, Yeah, receptor sure. I just thought I just thought that was like it was immediate action. I didn't think it was gonna be that quickly. She gave her a chance, they did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, prior to this episode. Yeah, they told her out. Okay, she didn't listen.
Speaker 1: I guess. Yeah.
Speaker 2: She basically trying to talk into like just calm down, and then she didn't. But do you think they know that she let Jubilee go?
Speaker 5: They have an inkling the other the other I feel like the other mutants had, well I guess they all do at this point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so at this point it kind of was like, gotta let you go. Said thank you for your service.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I was just like, damn, that was quick, quick, havoc quick. I don't know, maybe that's that's definitely.
Speaker 3: I was about to say that's that. That is his brother for sure.
Speaker 1: It was like you could have told me.
Speaker 3: And it seems like they got a thing going on, right they did.
Speaker 1: Yeah they used to. Yeah you know that. Yeah yeah, I don't know. They haven't really showed that in this one. I don't think, but they kind of it. Yeah, but they were a couple of.
Speaker 3: Nigga adn't care. Yeah, he didn't.
Speaker 2: It was just like, got that ass because they broke it. Would you care if they why they broke up? That's not your girl no more? And she over here doing stupid ship. I'm not putting my fucking my job.
Speaker 3: On the job, not for you.
Speaker 2: Remember remember what you said, we're not good together. It's not you, it's me member all that ship. Well I'm staying so it's you.
Speaker 1: Bye.
Speaker 2: Were back at the X Mansion, like we see that the mutants that were let go by Jubilee are now being introduced to Professor X and the new head Master, Storm Spike.
Speaker 3: Do you think it's a fit and roll a? What's Yeah?
Speaker 4: I feel like she is always been one of the ones that has been mostly in charge whenever I've been watching it and not reading the comics, So yeah, I feel like this fear her perfectly.
Speaker 2: M Yeah, Polaris made sure to call her head mistress because that they sounded crazy.
Speaker 3: The first time I heard it, I was like, bro, I don't do the black woman like that? Come on.
Speaker 2: At the same time, Polaris arrives at the mansion as welcome by the X Men and correct me if I'm wrong. Can in the comics is who was the original.
Speaker 6: X Men, Ice Man, Cyclops, Jean Gray, and Angel.
Speaker 1: That's the first.
Speaker 3: Five So it wasn't okay.
Speaker 2: So I figured as much as Pilaris wouldn't have it, I didn't think in the comics, because yeah, it wouldn't have been she came along later.
Speaker 3: This was confusing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, did you have any issue with that, with her being one of the original X Men and this time no.
Speaker 3: Because the fucking dorks on Reddit are always like, oh, this.
Speaker 2: Isn't the same as this, This isn't the same as that, This isn't the comics, this isn't the movie, this isn't show.
Speaker 3: So I was like, all right, whatever, y'all just creating some ship. I don't care.
Speaker 1: I do because the ship's wrong.
Speaker 3: They gonna get you. Actually, ken, you're.
Speaker 6: Wrong, and I could pull out an issue and show them where they are wrong.
Speaker 3: But they say this is the same ones from the comics.
Speaker 2: Bru, I don't even try no more. I don't even try no more. This is this is my this is so.
Speaker 1: They're trying to say that this is a different universe.
Speaker 2: They say everything that we see is different. There's a lot of things moreph doesn't exist in the comics.
Speaker 1: He was Yeah, they killed him off.
Speaker 5: Okay, I mean, fine, they killed him off and he never got brought back.
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean.
Speaker 3: To me, to me, it's not I'm sorry to me.
Speaker 2: And I know people be like, I'm a sticker, but I think if you if you don't fundamentally change what the essence is, I don't mind you making changes. Like and I don't think Pilaire's being an original X ME really fundamentally changed. It doesn't make sense though, doesn't because we never I'm trying to why doesn't it make sense?
Speaker 3: How old is she? She fifty?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: How old is she?
Speaker 1: Okay? So?
Speaker 5: And also was if we go back to the original X Man, which is this is like a part of that right in the station of that the X Man from back in there.
Speaker 3: They showed a picture. I think she was in it right now, that's what they're talking about. Yeah, yeah, so in.
Speaker 1: The original version, the one that we all.
Speaker 5: Grew up with, I don't remember her, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: The original the original series, Yeah, she wasn't She was in there.
Speaker 2: Do you know what the cartoons about the original cartoon, But she was dating Bobby Drake.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and she was a founding member.
Speaker 3: I don't know that they showed her as a member in the cartoon.
Speaker 1: She was.
Speaker 2: She was definitely in the original Like she left and went to X Force, And that's why when she sees Forge Forges like, yeah, you missed me, so mu because Forge was original X Force too. He looks like a cop any black man with a ponytail.
Speaker 5: I just remember them saying that, even in the original version.
Speaker 2: But I guess it's whatever I thought. You were confused about the and the show.
Speaker 6: No, just the first show because that we all watched growing up. And if she was a founding member on that one, or if they even mentioned that she was a founding member on that, was.
Speaker 3: She in the title card? No? Not in the first show. It was Bobby Drake.
Speaker 2: He was ice Man in the original title card. I'm almost positive they had him in the didn't they think so? I don't think so because I thought.
Speaker 3: I remember him floating up on his little ice sled thing. I remember wrong. Yeah, y'all watched it way more than me. You remember, he's better than mine. So but yeah, it does say for me the ice you know, Drake Iceman. What people were.
Speaker 2: Saying, there's that's there's no way that's a coincident. I never thought about it, But there's no that's what he's going for.
Speaker 3: What a loser. It's not that's that's I can either confirm with that. Bobby Drake's not Kudo. He lost his girl and he's gay.
Speaker 1: They made him gay.
Speaker 3: There's no wrong being. No I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: No, it's the Drake is gay or Ice Man doesn't Drake is in the comics.
Speaker 3: Okay, No, I'm not.
Speaker 1: It's not. It wasn't.
Speaker 3: It wasn't a disby. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It's the drink of it's the drink of it all.
Speaker 3: How Drake, there's a lot of gas Ice Iceman and you gay.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, Folks, is fire, not Ice, your cold ass gass. It's fucked up, Jayleen, superhero kp gay Bro's.
Speaker 3: Some cool lesson Why to call an ex man cause hearing a man?
Speaker 1: No more?
Speaker 3: According to you, you don't like because you don't like a trin. How do you get backing me?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: So we later see that Professor X and Hilarious have a conversation about Magneto.
Speaker 3: Damn, damn. This is your fault, Jayleen. You have to expose him like that. It is it is. This is completely my fault. I'm gonna look that up.
Speaker 2: You would love to have more content from frames per second. Become a patron where you can contribute to what we review and discuss. Our Patreon gives the listeners the power to nominate and vote a monthly discussion in film review, while also nominating and voting on weekly solo reviews from each cast member. You also get the opportunity to vote on the publicly released anniversary film, all exclusive to our Patreon. So become a patron at patreon dot com frames per second where there are two tiers you can from. That's patreon dot com forward slash frames per second. But yeah, so Rod, when they're having a conversation Professor ex and Hilarius, what did you pick up from this conversation.
Speaker 3: When they're having a conversation and we're.
Speaker 5: Talking about Magneto, he was, I mean, because he was mainly just trying to see if she can channel him or something like that is what it seemed like, because he couldn't see phel his presence, so I guess she was. He was just mainly just trying to It's like, yo, look you got the power too.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, you can you can do what he did. That's kind of what I got from it. What about you back?
Speaker 1: Same?
Speaker 4: I feel like he was telling her that she wasn't different a lot different from her dad. So to ride was saying, like, you could do similar to what he did. Just listen to me more. We ain't gotta be its own different sides. That guy her dad killed listen to them.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but actually nah, I think if he would have listened to her, he would he would still be allowed take that back.
Speaker 1: He right, I guess her. You listen to me, Listen to me, just won't die.
Speaker 2: Always be a bitch trusting when a monster comes, run, just.
Speaker 3: Bounce you, roll out, whatever you gotta do. I got, I got one more thing on this scene. We gonna have to move a little bit faster.
Speaker 2: But as far as Professor X says something about I can still feel.
Speaker 3: Magneta linger in the like the back of my mind, y'all need to stop. Yo, you said James Fault.
Speaker 2: I might even paying nobody set that.
Speaker 3: Up on purpose. I didn't.
Speaker 2: I can still feel you in the back of my You knew Spiche was gonna take the bait.
Speaker 3: Come on, man, he would in this whole.
Speaker 2: But you would think that they were in a relationship, not even on some homophobe shit, you would you would think that they were in a relationship felt.
Speaker 5: It felt a lot more than the morning of a of a of a best friend. It's almost I know a lot of figures a b again now on some HOMOPHOBI shit, it just want to feel your presence.
Speaker 3: Yeah, would you say? What did you say?
Speaker 1: Said?
Speaker 3: I think I knew what he meant, because like I have best friends who.
Speaker 2: Have passed, and then certain things will happen, like man, it makes me think of so and so. It was just the way that they were putting it. It just felt odd and I'm not sure what they're going for here.
Speaker 3: Do you know what they're going for here?
Speaker 1: No? Oh?
Speaker 2: Is there something in the comics that were something crazy in the comments m oh villain that comes from professional? Oh well I knew about don't get the first letter of the name.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh yeah, yeah about him?
Speaker 3: But that so that's what they're doing. I thought that's what they were doing.
Speaker 2: I thought you were gonna say, like in the comics at some point they had a relationship.
Speaker 3: No no, no no no no no no no.
Speaker 5: No no, like you really don't like that?
Speaker 1: No no no no no not not.
Speaker 8: Mine's like that's how you feeling, right, you know?
Speaker 3: I can't get in my head.
Speaker 1: That's white way the helmet.
Speaker 2: You don't know, professor asks, writing in this motherfucker boy, you don't.
Speaker 3: Know how I do know?
Speaker 2: But yeah, but I mean, he ain't got no right to talk about nobody being a father. So that's why he couldn't really talk back when she's like he wasn't a grave father because he had terrible father. Yeah, exactly, that's crazy.
Speaker 3: I know Legion is his son.
Speaker 2: Oh the guy to have the TV show, which actually is that bad? I keep me in to watch it. I haven't gotten around to Well, they go back to Genosha and in the meanwhile, the danger room turns into AI. But well, yeah, it turns into a living What did y'all think of this transformation that happened? And it's saying about to Survival of the Fittest? What do you think about it?
Speaker 1: Rock?
Speaker 3: It was, it was okay.
Speaker 5: I was just trying to figure out the motive of it, wanting to be alive. I didn't I didn't get that part. That part kind of missed me, Like what, what was what was the motive of it?
Speaker 3: Wanting to just be a being? I mean, I think that's the motive of most AI.
Speaker 2: Most like ais stories that we see is that it wants to eventually like sentient.
Speaker 3: You remember Circuit, it's all the same ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I thought it was because they said, didn't they say something to the danger room.
Speaker 6: It kind of got colded to it got colded to make them better when yeah, and formed.
Speaker 1: Its own entity to continue to make them better.
Speaker 3: Right, that's it, this happened.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it gets worse than it makes Professor X look like your damn the villain in the books when it happens.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So that that was That was the part that I was like really really trying to wrap my head around in this moment whatever.
Speaker 3: I just didn't I just didn't understand, like because.
Speaker 5: Yeah, hilarious is what made her be able to like fully transform because she used that her.
Speaker 3: Powers or something like that.
Speaker 5: Hilarious, Like thanks, just too much energy I needed.
Speaker 3: What I had another thought about it too, though I thought she was dope. Mm hm yeah, remem about you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was wondering, to Rodd's point, like who's gonna be controlling it? Like is it just AI by itself? And is it gonna be like a villain or is it gonna be something you said? Professor X is gonna be like a villain damn near in the comic books, So is it gonna be something that he's controlling? That's what I wondered.
Speaker 2: I mean, right now she no longer so, but I get your point from from that moment.
Speaker 3: Did Jarvis ever want to be like a being? I know he's basically.
Speaker 2: I didn't read I didn't read iron Man outside of Avengers other than going back to reading Demon in a Bottle, But other than that, I didn't really and I started reading some of the newer stuff.
Speaker 3: But Jarvis, I vision, yeah, that's that's that's only uh, that's an m c U thing. I don't remember what the book because I wasn't in the books.
Speaker 2: Jarvis and Tron are from Hank Pim not not twenty Start.
Speaker 3: They just changed that that.
Speaker 1: You didn't.
Speaker 3: Did y'all enjoy this action? Seeing kennon Ken and Mike.
Speaker 5: On thenotion when they're trying to beat Danger room with with with.
Speaker 1: Fight was pretty good? You know.
Speaker 6: I think having Bishop come along and try to help, because well I think that was later, but no, this this was this was dope.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 6: I just wondered how Polaris is going to beat her and she didn't so in the end of this case, So it was it was dope seeing Danger pop up because I wasn't familiar with dangerous origin story, but I have seen Danger in the comics and different like X Men later on. So seeing this origin store, I thought that was like, oh my god, that's fucking danger. That said that's fucking crazy, So I thought that that was dope. Yeah, yeah, because you know that this was Yeah, that was seen. For me, it was just like, what is going on? I don't know this character. I think that's the issue with me. Did this one?
Speaker 1: For me?
Speaker 5: It was just too many characters I wasn't familiar with. I don't really know anything about Danger. I've just seen Danger and like, yeah, just other issues setting on issues that I may have read here and there, but but I didn't know anything about it. So seeing this was like, oh, ship, this is kind of dope, but it makes sense.
Speaker 3: Did you did you fuck with the fighting scene on Genosha too.
Speaker 1: Show?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, before we get to Genosha, I liked the one in the Danger Room too, and it definitely made me think that Polaris and Bishop are.
Speaker 1: Gonna hook out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was definitely some energy there, so I don't know how that's gonna work out.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: Bishops so fucking dope, Bro.
Speaker 2: I fall in love Bishop every episode, but that is just dope as Yeah, I ain't know.
Speaker 3: You can do all that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that whole that whole scene I thought was actually pretty good because I was like, what the fuck what happened to this kid?
Speaker 3: Why is he on the ground like this?
Speaker 2: But but yeah, the fighting to no show was was was hard because couldn't nobody funck with with danger?
Speaker 3: Even poor little beasts jumped up and got shot. Beasts didn't even get a lit.
Speaker 2: Bro Beast was like knocked him through a building and we didn't see beasts the rest of the episode.
Speaker 3: I don't think I got a little I got a little bracelet, right.
Speaker 1: Little brother.
Speaker 2: Even the part where Jeane Graydon was like, yeah he's not aware of like they don't know this and they did something new with the they thought they did something.
Speaker 5: That they didn't look in the trailer looked dope as I thought something hard.
Speaker 3: They're like this ain't do ship.
Speaker 6: That made Jean gray actually look pretty decent in this one. Yes, yeah, she actually like she could do some stuff. Yeah, but it won't last.
Speaker 2: And then Polaire's try to make it seem like Professor x is gonna do something crazy. She she was like, he unestimate of Xavier. And I was like, I don't know why she thought that either, And I was like, okay, what did he do? He did absolutely not, Bro, they dropped that line.
Speaker 5: I was like, okay, they about the.
Speaker 1: Ejected himself out of the chair.
Speaker 2: I couldn't believe that ship. I really couldn't believe that ship. And then she the chair and then blew up the little sliding chair. I was like, what did you think that? Starting off with him shooting little missiles out of the fucking chair, I was.
Speaker 3: Like, bro, are you serious? Are you serious?
Speaker 2: And he thought that we're gonna way down and that showed default position anyways, laying down.
Speaker 3: You didn't fucking do nothing. And then you're just laying on the ground. He's always just laying on the ground, staying home.
Speaker 6: And then she said something about him not having that chair. Now, you ain't ship without your chair. I can't remember he said something like that, and I was like, yep, yep. So I was like, god, dann like, and he was just done. He was just on the ground, laying there. He can't read her mind. It's a machine, so there's nothing he can do, no idea what the writers were thinking. Make it seem like he's about to get busy.
Speaker 3: No, that was Jean's fault. Jeane was like, oh my baby can do something like what.
Speaker 2: Your chair don't move? Why we couldn't just fly the chair away? Oh he's so sorry. But did y'all appreciate the piece of him showing Pilarious the more nuanced and good side of her dad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought that was cool. That's fine.
Speaker 2: I fuck with just like y'all talk about their relationship. It also shows the nuances in their relation. Why he like, they've been through a lot, so it's like, all right, like I'm gonna show you every piece of him because you only know the negative side of him. But you raised the cause, so you should have been told all this shit low key, like you kind of let her fester in it for the longest as compared.
Speaker 3: I didn't want to hear it. If you think about it, that's true.
Speaker 2: Probably she never once called him daddy or anything. She just called that mom fucking magneto. She probably even want to hear any of that shit about him. Yeah, especially from Charles asks, because you know he'd be fucking making everything glossy. You gotta think about how your dad was. Picture him in the good light. It's like, man, shut your punk ass up.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: Well, we they eventually defeat Danger and we in the episode with x Corp being revealed. Oh Mike, you disappointed an x cort? What's I just they they're I mean, I guess not counting the old show. I just feel like they're moving a little fast. But that's all right, It's fine, Yeah, that's my gripe.
Speaker 1: God do agree, they are moving fast.
Speaker 6: I am familiar with Xcorp again, then uh, reinding the.
Speaker 1: Stuff there at all. I just know that they exist.
Speaker 6: So I thought that that was cool that they introduced him and that they're gonna do something with him.
Speaker 1: But I'm like, I'm with you.
Speaker 6: Guys are like Jesus Christ want Escorp already, and so all this stuff is gonna be new to me moving forward.
Speaker 1: But it was dope seeing that.
Speaker 6: I guess for people that grew up reading at score up and familiar with all this is now now it's turning into storylines for them. So now they get a chance to enjoy the way I did. Someone of the earlier stuff.
Speaker 2: Are y'all still here, Spike, Yeah, still enjoying it, riding it out.
Speaker 4: I'm waiting to see where go with itll be a how about you and enjoy it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, absolutely, I'm still here. I got faith in it. This is like I said, It wasn't like this was bad. It just was my least favorite episode. And it's only I know, it's only because I'm just not familiar with with pilarious danger and all that. But I know it's gonna probably overall, you know, support the storyline. This isn't where it ended though, right They ended with uh yeah, okay, I thought you.
Speaker 2: And the final scene that we talked about a couple of weeks ago is finally come to fruition. So Mike, I'm gonna let you take it from here because you said they bet this shit better be dope, and at least this is the beginning of it. Is it still? Is it dope to you? Orre you like, I don't really give a fuck. No, it's not that I don't give a fuck. Nothing's happened yet. I do think that they kind of set the tone of what's gonna happen again. It's like, I like Easter eggs and I like things that, you know, little puzzles, but Bishop was not. Bishop Gambit was very obvious to me that that's what was gonna happen. And then they showed the three Cards, so of course I was like, okay, what are those cards? And I'm sure you've caught that already. So it was just like, all right, so y'all basically saying, what's gonna happen. He and y'all just showed at the ex Corp tower, so he's finna go back to x Corp Tower and go after rogue or some shit. So it's like, all right, this is cool, but like and Reddy, you can't get mad at me. If y'all didn't put that shit together, that's y'all. That's y'all's fault. But I'm here, I'm here, it's it's fine. I just I don't know how dope it's gonna be yet, because he had and done any things, you know. And the second I showed or the second they showed Apocalypse, I was like, oh, here's the Gambit part. Here's the Gambit part, and you see much of cards. I was like, I told y'all motherfuckers told y'all, n you did, because I would have never known. I don't believe that, Rod, I don't think I would have known. I feel like if you if because I think you probably wasn't all the way paying attention while it was on. I feel like if you were, if you were paying super close, you would have figured it out. You didn't need me for that, or the second it happened, you'd have been like, oh, that's why they did this, and that's why they showed that. I don't think they were being very covert.
Speaker 5: It seemed covert to me. It feels like it revealed at the end. You feel like it was supposed to be a revealed. So I'm just trying to figure out, like why I'll go back and watch them, just trying to figure.
Speaker 3: Out why they would have revealed so much of that. Yeah, I don't get it.
Speaker 2: I think it's I think I'm looking at it from Roselands. We read comics, so we know need to come back all the time, and so to someone who doesn't read comic them dying like they probably know people come back in the comics, but they don't really know how. Like the seeds are planted for so he probably wasn't looking at these little small details as this is who's going to bring like this is how Gambit is gonna come back, Like I.
Speaker 3: Never knew Gamut to be evil. I never knew that side of Gammut. I don't even know if it lasted that long. I really, I really don't remember. But yeah, okay, well it's fine. It's fine. I'm not tripping. It went like a whole spoiler. It went like that final thoughts can it's dope.
Speaker 1: I want to see where they go with it.
Speaker 6: I'm not familiar with this, you know, with this version of him in Apocalypse, so it's all going to be new for me, so I'm kind of excited. It's kind of making me want to go back. The only thing I'm getting from this is like, man, I got to go back and just catch up and read this stuff because I feel like I'm missing out so much of like the major story arcs and then the ones that are in between that can just.
Speaker 1: Be just as good. But you know, it was. It was a reveal. But you know, I'm kind of thinking that.
Speaker 5: You know, when we're reading these things, they do give us hints in the comics, and sometimes we can kind of put it together, and even when we sometimes figure stuff out, it's the story that they're gonna tell with it.
Speaker 6: So I'm kind of like we rod I didn't. I didn't pick it up. The first episode wasn't just yeah that obvious with it. Yeah, so it became obvious when Mike pointed out, I was like, oh.
Speaker 5: Ship, Yeah, I guess they did. And I watched shit twice. Yeah, but like I said, it's not like a spoiler.
Speaker 1: But it still was. It still was cool seeing it. Yeah, So now I just want to see what he does.
Speaker 6: My only issue is that I agree with like the pacing and how celerated it is, and I feel like there's a lot of stuff that we won't get a chance to see that's in the comics that happens. That's going to be the thing that's gonna be kind of sporting for me because I'm like, man, what I wonder what they couldn't show or you know, they take their time with these issues with comics.
Speaker 2: I mean, we got three episodes left, so and that's the other part, the whole other season, and I think they got approved for two more seasons, didn't they. I know three is already in the works. Three is in the worst, and I thought, I mean, you can't never tell.
Speaker 1: You I saw three was done.
Speaker 3: That's what I saw. Three was done. It that they got to prove for another season.
Speaker 2: But that could be wrong, So don't crucify me if that's wrong, but I will. I was just thinking when y'all were talking the beauty of when we were kids is again, we didn't have internet. So even though they were dropped little subtle hints, it's not like you could go online and be like, oh, did you notice this? Oh I think this is going to happen. All you had was to talk to your friends like what do you think that means? And that was kind of it. So, even when they were dropped like little subtle things, it wasn't like you could dig into them that deep, whereas now it's like, oh, Apocalypse picked up a Gambit card, What does that mean?
Speaker 3: There's thirty five theories online already.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you have to kind of guess and theory. You have to do it all yourself. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Back then, yeah, you had to just figure it out yourself.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 3: The editor they're not gonna tell you. I mean, they probably give you. I don't know. I didn't have to do it, So I didn't you know.
Speaker 2: They used to put those those edited, those letters in the back of some of the issues, and they wouldn't tell you shit. Yeah they need that that seventy five cents. They weren't gonna tell you what's gonna happen. Yeah, well, we'll appreciate y'all tuning in. We'll inter wrap this up again. If y'all I'm familiar with is the Mice a long? Go check that out on YouTube and be sure to follow us the FPS podcast.
Speaker 1: Bow was still the writer on this one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so somebody, somebody cleared that up on Reddit for me. This is why I was saying before, like you know, I joke on Reddit, but some of y'all really be coming through it valuable information. Apparently Bo wrote a bunch of these episodes before they fired his ass. Okay, so that's why his name is on so much shit, right, that's what you saw took so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, some of it.
Speaker 2: So it makes sense now they have to give him at it because they he could sue.
Speaker 3: He could be a nasty motherfucker, but he could sue.
Speaker 2: And the last thing he wanted to go to court and had that motherfucker show up with a suit jacket and just draws whatever.
Speaker 3: They got good, They got good momentum right now and have some good.
Speaker 6: Energy, maybe a little comfort seeing that he's still behind the.
Speaker 2: Right, right, So it's next season that we may have to worry about. Okay, they're gonna make up with him. By then, they're gonna make up with him. Know they shouldn't. He's a he's not a good person.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, you're not a good person. He's worse than Wrestle Simmons, if that helps you. So they got rid of with reason?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what for what I've what I've read that motherfucker was nasty.
Speaker 3: There was a reason this last.
Speaker 1: Google you just look at the first.
Speaker 3: I didn't even know he was black. Yes, we talk about this. You got the whole conversation for the first season. All right, y'all.
Speaker 2: The man's name is the MAO. Hey, I went to y'all y'all hearing it live while we be late. I talked to you the man peace, bruh.