Speaker 1: Live from vall Hartband and the Crossroads of America. It's Tony Katz today. The deal is so close you can almost taste it. A deal with Iran and Oman and the.
Speaker 2: Strait of Hormuz and blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. I hate the fact that I have to start this way, but I got to assume more. The lack thereof is the top story.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe it is Abdullah l said, being the tough guy. It's so adorable. He is precious, he really is. He's like having your very own TAMAGATCHI don't forget to feed him. Or there's Tucker Carlson with his ten point declaration of what a political party in America should be, which sounds like a lot of things we would say, except of course, without the insanity of Marjorie Taylor Green. Tony Katz, Tony Katz today, an absolute pleasure to be with you. I'm going to get into what he said, because it's the funny thing is that I think Tucker doesn't understand how he's coming across. And I am more and more convinced that the marketplace for his madness is slight, very very slight, and certainly who he is picked to align himself with puts in the same position. Certainly when it comes to the idea of war, certainly comes to what's going on with Iran, there are people who want to scream America first, with all due respect, If taking out a terrorist that's trying to kill you isn't America first, I'm not exactly sure.
Speaker 3: What is Marjorie Taylor Green.
Speaker 2: Again, I repeat myself, No serious political anything is done with.
Speaker 3: Marjorie Taylor Green, none. Zero.
Speaker 2: Tucker has still has the opportunity to be taken seriously, far more seriously than her. But you're gonna align with her, Okay, all right, Sure, we're gonna spend even less time thinking about you. I'm gonna get into that. I will get into the tough guy commentary of Abdul al Sayid, because if he thinks that the issue is nobody can pronounce abdra Chran, well that's not the issue. The issue is whether or not you're an Islamo Marxist, whether or not you have connections to care. The Council of American Islamic Relations, which is a front group for the Muslim Brotherhood, as said by the UAE designated a terrorist group by Florida and Texas, and oh, by the way, not a very good group of people as Islamist apologists my take on that one. They may disagree, but you're gonna complain about APAC. Oh honey, kit and boo boo, and then you're gonna get tough with Mike Rogers, the Republican running. We'll get into that too. But can I start not even with what's going on with the RAN because there's nothing really to report. It's the same as it ever was, and the oil prices are showing this.
Speaker 3: We're actually up this morning.
Speaker 2: Like when I was doing my morning show, we were at seventy five dollars a barrel. Now we're at seventy seven dollars a barrel midday. The Brent crude was just at about eighty now is at.
Speaker 3: Eighty two thirty eight.
Speaker 2: The Brench crew is what comes out of the ocean, so we're seeing a tick up.
Speaker 3: But put that to the side, as well. Can we agree The.
Speaker 2: One thing in American society can we agree on, please? Is f the flock cameras say that, right, Parducier Landing, Can I get a ruling?
Speaker 3: Yes, as long as the last three letters do not get spelled.
Speaker 2: Okay, as long as the last three letters not get spelled.
Speaker 3: Of the flock camera, Oh that one? Yes, Oh that I can say.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I did it right, Yeah, yeah, I got it confused.
Speaker 3: That could have just been terrible.
Speaker 2: There is a story out of NewsNation Newsnationnow dot com. All eight flock cameras, according to the Wenona Police Department, Winona, Minnesota, all eight of them which are next to the Wisconsin border. We're missing. Somebody stole all eight flock cameras. Now, I do not condone the theft, and that is wrong.
Speaker 3: But let us discuss the American discussed of the flock camera. So what is a flock camera? Great?
Speaker 2: Great, great, great question. This is the idea of surveillance. So if flock safety is the website flocksafety dot com clear evidence, safer, communities, privacy first, and it reads their website right there on their page, flock connects communities, businesses and public safety. So incidents may be understood clearly and decisions can be made on facts.
Speaker 3: Okay, I should be clear that what.
Speaker 2: I'm about to discuss has nothing to do specifically with the company Flock. I don't know much about the actual company. I don't mind a company being in business. These are not the things that I concern myself with, and they are not the only company that is in this business. There is also a company called is it a lawn aln?
Speaker 3: That does this picture the scenario.
Speaker 2: You want to keep your community safe, You want to keep an eye on things, so you work with a group like flock and they install cameras all around your city and that allows the local police department to keep the.
Speaker 3: Better eye on things.
Speaker 2: And so if there's a criminal on the loose, or if someone's doing this, that or the other, the police can handle it and we can stop the crimes. When a private business does this, I have zero issue with it whatsoever. So I work with a group, right, I work with a group called Who's Your Security?
Speaker 3: I do work with them. I'm very clear about this.
Speaker 2: They have a website Catchthebadguys dot com, which their entire world is how do you utilize as a matter of fact, Armando, give me a call, how do you utilize your camera like your existing security camera with their AI tech? And the philosophy is, why can't we stop the crime while it's happening? Really before it gets going, so we can actually arrest somebody instead of having a camera saying, oh, look there's the guy who robbed me stole all my stuff, you could actually do something about it. I have zero issue with that whatsoever. On the private level, none, absolutely none. And they've got like tools that you can get for this kind of thing, and trailers you can rent, like if you have like like car lots or construction sites and things like that. Totally fine, absolutely fine. The prime if you have home security and you have cameras, that's fine. I have cameras, of course I do. I don't like the idea that government comes and knock and saying, hey, can we get access to your footage. Oh that's where it starts to get weird. I am discussing the idea of government surveilling the citizenry, no matter how it is described.
Speaker 3: In the end, what is happening is.
Speaker 2: That local governments are utilizing these cameras and putting these cameras up, and oh, the police departments love them. They're surveiling the citizen ry. Where I happen to live, the mayor, she's lovely, by the way, I like her. On a great number of subjects. She's wrong on this. The police department is thrilled with these cameras. They were able to catch three people who were wanted from a county just below us.
Speaker 3: The only way to know that.
Speaker 2: Is if you are surveiling all the people who are walking down Main Street and where I live quite literally Main Street, right, That's the only way it can happen. The government has absolutely no right to surveil the citizen, and no citizen should think a rational society has surveillance. China has surveillance, NonStop cameras and all plays at all times.
Speaker 3: They have what.
Speaker 2: Are referred to as social credit scores. Do you smile enough?
Speaker 3: Did you pick up that piece of garbage?
Speaker 2: Well, if your social credit score isn't high enough, no travel for you, no.
Speaker 3: Opportunities for you.
Speaker 2: As a matter of fact, you get less your rights to the extent that you can have a right in a communist nation, whether that be in all of China or in Manhattan under Bondani, they get.
Speaker 3: Taken from you because you are not acting appropriately and the camera is watching. That is some Philip K. Dick kind of low class stuff.
Speaker 2: That is gross, ugly beyond the pale obscenity. This is the last thing a society should want. If you want to know the real last thing a society should want. What that happens when a society tries to equalize.
Speaker 3: Out in certain ways.
Speaker 2: You should read Harrison Bergeron by Kurt Vonnegut. You can actually see the movie with Julie Haggerty.
Speaker 3: I think it's George c. Scott.
Speaker 2: It's a short film. It'll turn, it'll turn your stomach. But neither here nor there on this subject. We do not want a society where we are surveiled. And I will have this conversation with anybody in law enforcement anywhere, at any time, whether you're a police officer, whether you're a police chief, whether you're a sheriff, whether you're FBI retired. I start with a baseline. It is not the job of the citizen to make easier the job of law enforcement. When I say easier, I am saying that my rights do not get abused, misused, or taken, so it is easier for law enforce.
Speaker 3: Not now.
Speaker 2: Not Ever, The answer is no, I understand the role of police. I'm not a defund the police guy. Was it Bernie Sanders who.
Speaker 3: Just said.
Speaker 1: That? No?
Speaker 2: Serious democrat is talking about defunding the police. Oh, I know, I've got this to Oh, it's gonna kill me.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna find it.
Speaker 2: I think Bertie just said that, no serious democrat is talking about defunding the police.
Speaker 3: Adorable. Of course they are, and of course they want to. I am not.
Speaker 2: But I'm also not going to have a conversation about putting my rights up for grabs or up for debate. Do you have a right to privacy in the public square. We've answered that question really in America by saying no. If my eyes can see you, you're not private, and a recording device can be seen as nothing more than your eyes. Now I'm paraphrasing this, but I I have the general concept right that is of the private citizen. If I am going to name the restaurant and someone has decided that they're going to take my picture and post it, oh look, Tony Katz went here.
Speaker 3: First of all, that's weird. But secondly, they can do that. They can do that.
Speaker 2: That's different than whether your government should be able to do that. Your government being restricted is what is so great.
Speaker 3: That is what matters most.
Speaker 2: When President Obama complained about the Constitution, he complained that it was a charter of negative rights. It was a negative charter, which is to say that the Constitution, if you were to give it a read, talks about what government cannot do to you.
Speaker 3: It does not.
Speaker 2: Discuss what government must do for you. I always thought that was a very frightening and ugly thing for him to say. It is really a great example of how diametrically opposed I am to that philosophy. I do not want my government to do for me outside of Article one, Section eight, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, right solid.
Speaker 3: Do I want them to have a military? Absolutely?
Speaker 2: Do I want a government as small and as lean as possible doing the basics, Yes, I do.
Speaker 3: Everything else should be up to me.
Speaker 2: What with the tenth Amendment ensuring that the rest of the rights are mine that are not actually laid out there within the Bill of Rights or within the Constitution itself, it belongs to us. Restraining the government was the whole point, and Barack Obama, the wait for it, constitutional scholar, seems to have missed them. He missed the points of the thing. That's like reading the New Testament being like so so like, who is this Jesus.
Speaker 3: Guy, again, you have missed the point.
Speaker 2: If you're not, if you can read that not under the Constitution is about constraining government. It is about amplifying the concepts of liberty now in and of itself. If we have a constitution that we are saying that freedom, absolute freedom, pure freedom is not the thing we were going for.
Speaker 3: We are going for a rule of law.
Speaker 2: We're looking for the maximum amounts of liberty, which means by definition, a level of guardrails. And we keep those guardrails, and we keep them as wide away from each other possible. That's a liberty society. That's the society I favor. Governments can't track you. If they could track you on the street just because they put up the cameras well, then what happened to the idea of search, Whatever happened to the idea of the Fourth Amendment, whatever happened to the idea of a warrant. They're already keeping tabs on you, keeping tabs in the location. And we have seen the videos out.
Speaker 3: There, a police officer saying we know when you left town, we know when you came back, we know what you did. Is that right? And the worst is the officer acts like a total scumbag.
Speaker 2: In the videos, which must be something they train, because no real person should ever.
Speaker 3: Act like that.
Speaker 2: So there in Wyoda, Minnesota, they tore down the flock cameras to stop this surveillance. You can't condone the law breaking of the vandalism there. But should you vote out people who want the flock cameras that? Should you vote remove them?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: And should you vote for any any politico who wants to install them? No? No, you should not keep it here. This is Tony Katz today,