Speaker 1: Live from vall Hartbiner and the Crossroads of America. It's Tony Katz Today.
Speaker 2: I think it's a weird little bit of timing that they would have Robert F. Kennedy Jr. Making an announcement at the same time the Vice president is speaking about the economy. Tony Katz, Tony Katz Today, Good to be here, guys, Thanks so much for being a part of the show. Live streaming, YouTube and Rumble check it out for yourself and then of course on the Twitter x Tony Katz and on Facebook Tony Katz Radio. Robert F. Kennedy Jr. Taking to the podium to discuss autism safety. Now I should preface I am not one of the people who believes that any specific vaccine causes autism. I am somebody who is more than willing to listen to what people say. Those who have been in charge of the public health who have limited these conversations, I consider them to be the enemy. I have faith in the American people to be able to decipher and discern. As a matter of fact, that's the only people I can have faith in. I have faith in my conversation with my doctor because that's who I've chosen as my doctor. I also have faith in vaccines and with my own children, we absolutely broke up those vaccines. We change the schedule. There were too many things happening at one time. We thought it was too much for our kids. We didn't want that, and we said, we want to do this one vaccine at a time. We have to come back every two weeks. We come back every two weeks. You know what our doctor said sounds great and quite literally she wrote out the schedule and we were like, that's what we want. Thank you. Nobody was getting into a hysteria at the time. We were parents and this is what we wanted. It's our kid. Let us have open, honest conversations at all times. Let's send it over to the Secretary, Robert F. Kennedy, Jr.
Speaker 3: I want to thank our partners, the Department of Justice and FEMA, our state and local law enforcement partners, the Rochester Area Artism Association, and the members of the autism community who joined us today. Your experience and partnership are essential for us getting this right. The Department of Health and Human Services, and partnership with DOJ and FEMA, is launching the first ever national Autism Missing Person initiative.
Speaker 2: Okay, I do not know what this is at all.
Speaker 3: Resident A Trump is made Improving the lives of people with autism and their family is one of his top priorities, and today we are acting on that commitment. When an autistic child or an adult goes missing, every minute matters. Approximately half of autistic individual's wander from a safe setting at some point wandering. It happened during sensory overloads, with anxiety, or when someone seeks some kind of new adventure or new experience. The consequence can be deadly. Eight autistic people die following wandering incidents each month, and drowning is a leading cause of death associated with wandering.
Speaker 2: Uh well, eight, I must admit I should have seen this one coming about the wandering. It's it's it's a solid it's a solid point. Eight autistic Americans die every month. Did I hear that?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Did I miss that? Does that number seem like insanely high? And I could have people who live with with this family, et cetera, say, oh, you have no idea, because it's very possible. I have no idea. It's a shocking number. I'm just gonna go back a little bit and and and see if I if I have that.
Speaker 3: Right, it's a death associated with wandering UH. Children with autism is a leading cause of death associated with wandering UH. Children with autism are a hundred times more likely to drown the neurotypical children. We have a responsibility to do better. An autistic sorry about that.
Speaker 2: That's his phone. His phone quacks when it rings.
Speaker 3: When an autistic person goes missing, responders need to move immediately. They need to know how the person communicates, what risk they face, and where to search first, including nearby bodies of water and other high risk areas. The public also needs to know quickly when it could help make a difference. America already has as much of this infrastructure as it needs to make this work. Now we need to put that infrastructure to work. JHADS and DOJ and FEMA will build on existing Missing and Endangered Personal Alert capabilities, and FEMA is the Integrated Public Alert and Warning System of IPAWS to develop up a national framework for qualifying artism related incidents.
Speaker 2: Now, I must admit this is interesting and I look forward to seeing kind of how this gets put together. What I really am interested in is I want to know from the political left. What about this approves that Robert F. Kennedy Jr. Is a terrible human being and unfit to be HHS secretary. That's all I'm ever told. Now. I will be clear. I don't like his politics. I was opposed to him being HHS secretary. I didn't want a guy with this leftist history being that close to the Oval. I said it. What do I think of him as AHHS Secretary? I think it's been admirable, truly, I think it has been admirable. Oh he cut the number of vaccines. No, he did not. They took a look at the schedule. They got with experts and said, we are putting too many things on there. Maybe our recommendations should be more in line with reality. And they changed the recommendations. They didn't change what you could do for your kid. They just didn't. That's not what happened. A food pyramid that actually talks about, you know, food, that recognizes that we've got it upside down, that recognizes that are absolute insanity about carbs. Maybe is an issue. Maybe we don't need every day those things, but we need to have things like beef because protein is good. Protein matters. A steak is all right for you. Okay, you don't have to run over a bear in the middle the street. Whatever it is he did, and all we're gonna get rid of red dye this and yellow dye that. And he got cheered in this Maha project make America Healthy again, has connected with moms. Now he's also inspired the ire because of the glypha sates. Now, I will tell you that on that subject, I claim I have subjects of expertise. I have subjects where I know deep on glyphasates. These are pesticides or herbicides. Really the issue here, and I again don't claim an expertise. What people will tell you is we're harming our own food supply, We're killing ourselves. We're putting these things are banned in other countries. We shouldn't allow it. I question whether we're discussing the idea of the glyphosate, consider the product roundup in our private lives versus what is done to keep food supply safe and are we measuring that properly? So when there was an executive order moved forward on glyphasates and the production of glypha states in the US, I did not get worked up by it. But the Maha people lost their heads about it. If I understand their argument, the argument this is bad for you, we shouldn't be having any of it. My argument is a destroyed depleted food supply is disastrous for us, and one has to have products ready to protect against that. That's my take. So nothing that you know, It's not like that. There haven't been people who have had questions about what's going on. It's that in the overall, I think that he's been good a plan to I work with regarding autistic children, autistic adults. If they should wander, how we engage protocols to go find them. Honestly, I'm a little shocked we didn't have it already, Really I am. I am surprised we didn't have it already. But don't worry. The left is gonna be upset with this. This is gonna be something Trump bad because that's all they've got. I will be very surprised if both sides of the aisle could say this is a good idea. More to get to I've got Vice President JD Vance and his talk about the economy coming up. This is Tony Katz today, the Vice president. His name is JD. Vance. You've seen pictures he is in Middletown, Ohio. Every time I hear Middletown, I grew up in a place called Middletown, New Jersey. I go, oh, there is more than one Middletown. It's Middletown. Of course, there's more than one Middletown. Tony Tony Katz, Tony Katz today and he was surrounded by a factory folk talking about the economy. At least I thought he was talking about the economy. I thought I had it all right, that he was talking about the economy. But then I hit play, and I didn't hear him talking about the economy. I'm like, why isn't he talking about the economy anymore? Let me try it again. Is it playing? Ah, that is too bad. I had it all cueued up and everything all right. I'll try another way now. The Vice President's take on the economy certainly different, very often than mine, especially when you consider that the Vice President has discussed things as wild as not being the reserve currency of the United States. I should take that back, not being the reserve currency of the world, that the United States should not be the reserve currency. I think that's a huge mistake. His view of America's future different than mine economically. Let's take it to him, and let's hear what he had to say as he is addressing this crowd.
Speaker 4: Of Middletown, Ohio. This is a great day to be right here in southwestern Ohio. And you all know my story. I look at what you all are wearing, and I remember my pat Ball going to work in an outfit not all that different and come into this very place to work for nearly forty years as a welder at.
Speaker 2: What was then Armco Steel.
Speaker 4: And I can't help but think about the last time a James Vance stood in this very place. He had spent nearly forty years as a welder at Armco Steel, now of course Middletown Works of Cleveland Cliffs. He was not an educated man by any means, but he was a brilliant one. He was a complicated man, a man of faith who never.
Speaker 2: Went to church.
Speaker 4: He was an alcoholic since middle school, but he quit cold Turkey as a grandfather. But if he was a complicated man on the inside, he was a man with very simple ambitions. He didn't want to get rich. He had no desire to build a business. That's not who my Paball was his American dream. Was well fed kids, a car engine to tinker with.
Speaker 2: He loved to build out cars, a.
Speaker 4: Lukewarm cup of coffee, never cold, never hot, and of course a donut from either Central Pastry or Milton's Donuts. That was his American dream.
Speaker 2: Let's not forget that he has skilled even when I disagree with him, he's skilled. Know the local places, understand it, show your connection, show your roots, that sticks with people, that sticks with people hard. And also would I would say that one of the places where he is correct is that this whole concept of the American dream, it's not always about getting wealthy. It's about choosing a course and sometimes less is more, the uncomplicated life, it's a good life. Just give me the little simple pleasures. Allow me to afford the simple pleasures. I'll take care of the rest, thank you very much.
Speaker 4: I went to Central Pastry today because of course I had to go get an ugly donut while I was in town, and the ladies behind the counter they said, you've lost way too much weight. What's going on? And I said, well, I don't.
Speaker 2: Have a Central Pastry in Washington, DC.
Speaker 4: That's what's going on.
Speaker 2: My Papa.
Speaker 4: It's funny. He voted in every election. He loved this country, but he did not care for politic Now. Back then, he said that Democrats were the party of union men, so he usually voted Democrat. But he thought way too many politicians were just plain old corrupt, and he was right. All he asked for from his political leaders is very simple. He asked that his taxes be reasonable. He asked that his community be safe. He asked that our politicians ensure that there were good jobs for men and women who were willing to work for them. And he asked that America never be asked to be the policeman of the world. Now, he was my grandfather, I called him Papa, and he toiled in this very place to give our family the little extras. Like I said, for nearly four decades.
Speaker 2: Your papa said, I don't want America to be the placeman of the world. Who am I to say? He didn't say it. I wasn't there everything else I can get. That's an interesting one. Wonder if there's some poetic license there.
Speaker 4: Now, very honored because the welders of this facility made me this incredible, beautiful artisan plaque to commemorate me coming here, and those of you who don't know, Papaul was a welder, so it's particularly meaningful for me and for all the welders behind me and in front of me.
Speaker 2: Thank you all means.
Speaker 4: A great deal. But Papaul was a welder in this place for forty years, and today his grandson stands here as the Vice president of these United States. It's an amazing thing.
Speaker 2: It is a great countrict. Don't forget it. Even when I disagree with the man, it's still pretty great.
Speaker 4: And I'm here with a message from the President of these United States. The future of America, the future of the United States, the future of our homes and communities is going to be built right here in Middletown, Ohio. My papa hated the politicians who ignored this place. He hated the people who saw this as the place of the past. He hated the people who forgot about this town when they should have been fighting for this town. And the unfortunate reality is that they came from both political parties, and they spent the last forty years telling you it didn't matter if we made things right here or whether we made them in overseas. Countries, they said it was irrational, sentimental, old fashioned to want to preserve the things that make the United States of America special. What we really needed, they said, was to compete and have complete market integration with every nation of the third world, places where you could pay wages at pennies on the dollar but didn't have to give your workers health care or good benefits in the process. And any time somebody dared to put an option school in front of that set of ideas, anytime they said, you know what, we need to put tariffs or tough immigration policies to stop that, those people were called backwards, they were called wrong.
Speaker 2: The message resonates again, don't think because I disagree that I don't understand. I'll make my arguments and you'll agree or disagree. We'll still be friends. The argument is that we should make good things, and we should make them. Here I argue that we can make all the BioMed and all the tech, we don't have to do so by foregoing making the basics. But if you now want to make an argument that tariffs are good policy without recognizing the financial issues they creates, and that's a level of unseeriousness. There are no solutions. There are only trade offs. Is it a good one? That's the question we should be asking. But now you know the direction he's going in this speech. You are the forgotten man. That's the revival here he's having. And I haven't forgotten, and I still eat my donuts just like you. From the place down the street, visiting where my grandfather worked. I'm sorry, his papa worked for forty years a company. Matt, I know you. This is what This is well crafted and well done by the vice president. This is Tony Kats today. Three more things, Tony Kats, Tony Kats today. Guys, good day, good day, weird day, weird day, good day. Maybe it'll be good weekend. I only hope for your sake. What are three more things? Well, these are things that should be front page news, but because of all of the front page news, it doesn't make the front pages. I'm telling you this Iran thing. Iran warns of a devastating response to the US sanctions. Sure, sure they did. This is the same old boring crap. You are a boring group of people. You Iranian islam as zealot freaks. But the thing that was interesting was the Iranian president Posesskia, who was speaking the General Assembly of the Islamic Association of the Medical Society of Iran, quote, it is better to end the war today when we are in power and dignity in the whole world, acknowledges our victory and empathizes emphasizes that America, contrary to all regulations, attacked our schools, hospital and infrastructure and has hated in the world. I couldn't care less if we were hated in the world or not. Am I the only one. You hear this all the time. The left ones to talk about it, and you'll see people on news how America's just we don't care. We don't care. As we saw from the World's Cup. That's what your leadership says. The people once they get here, they're like, this place is amazing, The people are amazing, the food's amazing, the beauty is amazing. This place is amazing. That cannot be undone from the World's Cup that the people saw and they liked what they saw, and they would love for that to be where they lived. These European nations and these aslam As heellescapes, they want to talk about us being hated. You murdered fifty thousand people in Iran. You stone gay people to death, women can't walk outside without approval. Who cares if you hate us? We're right, you suck. What Why is this such a weird thing as a society. Your society is bad and our society is good. Our society could be better, but your society will always be terrible. Nobody wants it, nobody. No one's got into you, man. Nobody wants what you've got to sell. Anyway, Let's get back to this. In the meantime, he states, does the president of Iran. Some people are sitting outside the circle because they do not know the state of the government, the state of the parliament, and the state of the commanders. They make comments and analysis even though they have not experienced any suffering or hardship, and then they talk about the cost. They do not find a single clause in this agreement that indicates a commitment. All commitments are related to the other party. He's talking about an agreement with us, a peace agreement with us. So who's he talking about the IRGC. He's talking about those who are making a piece deal impossible. My point is you hear me say this. A lot we discussed We've gone through a gamut of things this week, guys, we discussed that. You know, on a matter of pr it hasn't been great for Trump, it hasn't. It has looked like the President has given up. He doesn't have the will to take on the Iranian regime. But while he's not engaged in the kinetic activity, it has been about the economic sanctions and it has been about the oil blockade. You'll just take them out economically, they will collapse because they're slowly collapsing. What we referred to with Major Mike Lyons our military analysts as the siege mentality, and that is clearly working. Even Axios others relaying the fact that two things are happening. Oil is getting through the strait because we're seeing oil move along the southern part of the Strait of Hormuz there or UAE and Oman on that coastline. The Iranians can't get to those tankers because they have their own issues. They either can't get to them because they can't see them because as Steven Yates pointed out, they've turned off their trackers. They don't have the technology to follow, they don't have the technology to engage any bombing or any more minds to put into the Persian Gulf. They don't have the technology anymore lined and we have done that to them. So this idea that they can't be taken on kinetically is not true. The idea that somehow they were going to be that easy to just wipe off the map. All right, a little tougher, but you should not have stopped for six weeks. Lord only knows where you would be right now. They can't stop the oil flowing through, And now we have outlets admitting that nearly seventy five eighty percent of pre war levels are getting through, which had us asking what why aren't oil prices down? And I've had people say to me, hey, listen, the price of the pump takes a while to come down. I didn't say the price of the pump. I'm talking about eighty six dollars a barrel oil. Why isn't it now seventy seven dollars a barrow? I didn't say twelve dollars a barrel. What I'm saying is what I'm asking here is if oil is getting through, when do we see the result. And I'm surprised President Trump has not been more aggressive about talking about this, and of course we've got his economic d Day in addition to these other things going on. I think this is all causing the siege mentality what it already transpired with the attacks, with the blockading of the oil, and they have no money. They're starting to crack, and they are saying this war should end so they can save face because they are in worse shape than they're telling us. This was an open statement of saying, we can't do this anymore. We don't have the capability. I'm not arguing that they might not have some drones left, or some missiles left, or do some damage to a base here or a base there. Remember we said this about when they threatened European cities. We said these exact words. That is a desperation move. There's the proof, there's the proof. You know who's gonna report on this? Us? It's just it's just us, guys. It's you, me, we and us. That's it. You think CNN and ms now or m snow or misnow or whatever the hell they call themselves, you think they're going to comment on this. They're going to report on this and say, hey, this is a real cracking here of the Iranian regime and of these two disparate groups, the so called leadership and the IRGC. Oh yeah, oh, I think that's real. But that was actually not my three more things. It wasn't of my three more things and my three more things. You have Starbucks cutting jobs, Starbucks laying off two hundred workers, and you say to yourself, Okay, they're laying off at two hundred baristas. Oh no, no, no, sorry, laying off over two hundred corporate workers. This is part of the turnaround strategy, cutting two hundred corporate roles. This indicates about one hundred and twenty of the employee separations are associated with workers from its support team focused on designing and developing coffeehouses. And they decline the opportunity to relocate from Seattle to Nashville. Well, that's right, they move their HQ. That's right. Who in the world could stay in Seattle basically right now, it's the Seahawks and the Mariners. That's it. The only people staying in Seattle. I'm sure it's beautiful. I mean, not downtown, but I'm sure the countryside, everything else. You got to throw the water there in the mountains. Beautiful. Maybe, definitely, worth a visit. I would argue, definitely worth a visit to all those other places and then get out while you can. And one hundred and four are organizational changes resulting from a structuring plans now under the new CEO. That's Brian Nickel and i ccol And there's been this conversation about restructure that they have to redo things and rethink things in their stores and how they do business. All good businesses are always taking a look and saying, wait, is there a better way to do this? Is there a smarter way to do this? And that doesn't always mean staff reductions. We take a look at Red Robin. I mean that is a great story that Red Robin was crushing it as a as a not a fast causals, a casual restaurant that Applebee's, Friday's van and customer service reports were through the roof and everything was going terrific. And then somebody decided, hey, you know how we can make more money. Get rid of the bus boys. Yeah, the servers were clear of the tables, get rid of the bus boys. And when they did, it took the servers more time to clear the tables. So the servers were not able to turn tables as fast as they used to. So therefore the restaurant wasn't able to turn tables as fast, so they served less people. Wait times increased. The servers, of course got angry because they had more work to do, and they were actually making less money because they had less tables. And boom was and scene as I was looking for and scene bus boys. They didn't see the value in bus boys. All they saw was a short term dollar. They didn't see the long term result, the value of the bus boy. We should be clear. Turning the table quickly, that's the everything. If you tell me, I'm I go to uh name the place and the wait is twenty minutes, I think most people in today's world except a twenty minute wait. If you tell me the wait is twenty minutes and the wait is twenty minutes, I'll say, okay, the wait was twenty minutes. If you tell me the wait is twenty minutes and the wait is thirty two minutes, I want to destroy everyone around me. What am I doing here? I'm living in hell. If you tell me the wait it is twenty minutes and the wait is only twelve and a half minutes, awesome. Oh, that's great. They're so efficient here and everything gets better, even better if there's no way the table's available because you're on it. Also, and no one ever discusses this. I have never heard a restaurant tour discussed this. That doesn't mean they haven't set it. I don't know about you. When I see the staff working to clean tables, I feel better about where I'm at. When I see them moving in concert to get things clean, to get things set, to get things moved away, and they're sharing that responsibility and everybody's working on it, I'm like, Yeah, they're on it. These people matter to them. That's good. So it's part of not only does it show an efficiency, which I like, it's part of the show, look at how committed they are, look at the orchestration of it, look at the working together, because the end goal means more for everybody. And I mean, if we want to engage. Really what capitalism is about. It is about everybody working in their own best interest and it creates the best interest of others. That's what the story I pencil is all about. But if you take a look at the bus boy and the server and the manager, if they're all working in tandem to get the table cleared and get the tables cleaned and then set for the next party to come in the door. Everybody wins. The bus boy is going to get paid and tipped out better, the server is going to get better tips and more tips because they were able to turn more tables. And the manager has a happier staff because they're getting paid and happier customers and less complaints to him or her. That's the win. Everybody was getting something different out of it, but by working together, they all got what they wanted. So is that altruism, No, it's not actually altruism, which brings us to a whole nother thing, which is the idea of group selection.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: David Sloan Wilson, who is a biologist and his daughter is the mayor of Seattle, the Communist mayor of Seattle. So I caught Brett always a professor. I can't remember his name right now. He was an Oregon professor out of Oregon. He was discussing this. He was talking about this that David Solon Wilson talks about this like group selection concept, which is the idea that the altruistic group will always outdo the selfish group. Right, that's altruistic group's outcompete selfish groups. And the argument is it's not exactly true because you could have somebody in the altruistic group who's really selfish and is working with this group so they get exactly what they want. It kind of blows up the theory. I look at this and say that the last thing in the world I'm asking anyway to do is be altruistic. What I'm asking them to do is be honest. So we can see where we have complementary needs. If we work together both in our own self interest, we both get what we want, even if those things are indeed different things. If I don't care what you get and you don't care what I get, that's better for everybody's that's the desire, that's the goal. And this all goes back to ipencil. If you want to look it up, look up Milton Friedman ipencil. It does a brilliant job of explaining all of this. And my point to bringing all this up is that Starbucks should remember you can't get rid of the people who got you there. Just remember you can have cuts, you still need to service the customer, which is job number one and stop calling it a grande in vente. It's very weird. Then get yourself over to incognate and protect your data from the data brokers, because they're out there putting together files on you, your name, address, your medical records, voting records, and then they're selling it to the highest bidder, and that data is being used against you. These data brokers. It's a twenty billion dollar industry, and the scammers get an access to your file and the next thing you know, they're off to the race. As Americans are losing twenty billion dollars plus a year to these scammers. In Cogni is there to help. In Cognity dot com slash cats, I ncogn I. In Cogniti dot com slash cats, you can get sixty percent off right now. They go data broker by data broker, getting your data off of these sites, and if anything creeps back on, they there, they are there, they are in Cogniti dot com slash cats to make sure that data is gone again. Get sixty percent off, Protect your family, protect your information in Cognity dot com slash cats, get sixty percent off right now. This is Tony Kats today. So I just realized and three more things. I only got to two things. The other one is this Clancy trial, this woman who killed her three kids, and you've got women showing up to the trial to support Lindsey Clancy. You don't understand postpartum depression. You don't know how hard it is to have a baby. Whoa whoa whoa whao. This was more than postpartum depression. This is postpartum psychosis. That's claim. She murdered her three kids by sending her husband out to pick up dinner and then brought them down to the basement and killed them one at a time. And these women are showing up to show their love and support. I'm no expert on postpartum depression, which I know is real, Nor am I an expert on postpartum or postpartum psychosis. She did kill three kids, and there seems to be a bit of premeditation here. Well, the voices told her to do it. That is actually part of the defense. And there are psychiatrists, and there's a story, and she had even you know, texted her mother long before this happened. Hey, I feel like I'm gonna do something really bad here after having the kids. And so there's a story here. Don't get me wrong, there could be a lot to this, but the idea that we just have to excuse it because you don't know what women go through. She killed three children, Can we remember that first? Please keep it here. This is Tony Cats Today