Speaker 1: The frames per Second Podcast. Welcome everyone to a frames per Second.
Speaker 2: Podcast.
Speaker 1: This is a review of the movie called The back Rooms. It's actually one that we reacted to on a on the trailer reactions which are found exclusively on Patreon, Patreon, The frames per Second Patreon, patreon dot com slash fps podcast, So go check that out if you want to see the reactions to trailers. I think people, you guys have been asking us to do those, so that's where you can find them. We just did the s Men nine seven one another action movie that we all were pretty hyped about, you know, yeah, Godzilla, so yeah, check out it out man. We did about four file trailer reactions. So yeah, so, uh, they can be found there. I think when we originally watched the review, we were interested in The back Rooms. Uh, we didn't know much about it. But we have finally seen the movie and that is what we are here to discuss. Is directed by King Parsons. So did you look him up? I did? I did? Did? Yeah, okay, so we have background information on back Rooms and came Parsons.
Speaker 3: Yes, I didn't know none of this before the movie.
Speaker 2: I did not either. I did not either, So but I think that.
Speaker 1: That's so basically for those of you listening that may not know came, Parsons directed a YouTube series called The back Rooms.
Speaker 2: It's almost three hours long.
Speaker 1: He created this sort of fan fiction that started from a four chun board, and people started creating different stuff around it, and I think his was one of the most popular ones.
Speaker 3: The first video had like eighty two million views.
Speaker 1: Yeah this was back in twenty nineteen, is from what I saw.
Speaker 4: His age.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was sixteen when he started.
Speaker 1: Old yeah yeah so right now, damn yeah so so yeah, man, very very popular series.
Speaker 2: Did anybody watch any of this stuff on YouTube?
Speaker 4: I don't know about it. I had never heard of it.
Speaker 5: I'd never heard of it until I looked up stuff after the movie after this, just to see it, like where they got this concept from, And that's when I stumbled upon it too.
Speaker 1: I was so confused after the movie that I did go after I watched, because I watched it Thursday. We were talking about in the chat, and I went and and actually watched the series. Right, yeah, I watched forty.
Speaker 4: So I want to hear about that whenever rock comes over. I've never heard of forty X until y'all.
Speaker 1: Talk neither did I you did go, Toty, I went, I went, but I did not know about it.
Speaker 4: Just tell me, so was it cool?
Speaker 1: It's better for an action movie. I think the experience will be way better for a horror movie.
Speaker 5: The four walls, No, that's not it is, huh because because it's always what are you talking about?
Speaker 2: What do you mean?
Speaker 6: But there's always four walls, remember, But I didn't want to do him like that, like.
Speaker 3: Legal has four x where shows on the three walls?
Speaker 7: I do what you meant?
Speaker 4: I'm laughing at the way it interpreted your question.
Speaker 3: He didn't know what I mean?
Speaker 7: Right right?
Speaker 2: Is showing?
Speaker 4: Is it showing on the other two walls?
Speaker 7: I don't know?
Speaker 2: Me give myself together? Oh my god. But little Rocket explained a better that I can. I just saw what it does.
Speaker 1: And I was like, all right, fine, I'm gonna go because and it was and uh so I went to the five pm showing because I was gonna go ten am on Friday.
Speaker 2: And when Rod said that, I was like, fuck it, I'm just going to go.
Speaker 1: And when I was looking at the tickets, like all of the seats were taken and it was only like a couple of seats left. So I was like, I'll just for each show. So there was no other show and I can go to that would have that I found that I wanted to go at this at the time, that would have been worth it.
Speaker 2: So I was just like, fucking, I'll just go to this one.
Speaker 4: And so what I read it was like it was it's like sound from all over the place, but it's also smells.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah that so the pool scene in this movie they they put yeah, yeah, you can smell it. It's an interesting experience, it really is. So, but yeah we see jackass like that. Nah, because you something like poking in the button. You've seen the trailer for that friend. Hell, you gonna be smelling doodoo the whole that's funny.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, it was a crazy My third experience was I didn't know how popular this was. That's another thing that made me want to look it up after I left.
Speaker 4: It was packed. I was surprised. It was packed, Like front roll back.
Speaker 5: And you didn't do forty yet I didn't do I good, Like it was back to the point where people come in and just like taking seats. These little white boys like came in exact same thing like and they tried to. Like, so there was two white dudes and it was like, oh, we wanted to sit together. A black kid came in and he was like, no, it's cool man, we'll just shit right here with him and his girlfriend.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: But then this little girl came in and she wanted to sit with her friends, and uh, they were like, well, they're.
Speaker 3: In our seats. We just took their seeds. So you know, there's a.
Speaker 4: Seat right there if you want to time for that, y'all get the fuck up my mind.
Speaker 5: How Mama came and the black girl Obama came, She said, is this seat such? So I don't know what y'all need to do? He set right here. She wanted to see with her friends. So I thought that was funny. And then midway through the movie, like right when it was getting tense and like, what the fuck going on?
Speaker 3: This Doe starts snoring like the whole.
Speaker 2: Thing that's happened a couple of times.
Speaker 5: The whole theater, every people was laughing and ship and it was like right in front of me in a seat over so the dude next to me kicks kicked ask you if you did that, you kicked it back. So it was it was a crazy movie. Did experience I say to say it was jam packed in there?
Speaker 4: That's crazy?
Speaker 2: Was it yours? Mic?
Speaker 4: I don't remember if it was packed. Me and my girl went. I don't remember it being a packed theater. We went to the theater that's over on Memorial, the kind of new Ish one. And the thing is that theater fills up super quick because there's not that many seats. But I don't remember it being packed.
Speaker 1: Well, Rod and I ended up at the same one. Yeah the end.
Speaker 2: Yeah, YEA.
Speaker 7: Thing happened when we were at the Yeah.
Speaker 4: I didn't see he. I was walking out. He goes Mike, and I looked.
Speaker 7: I thought it was a fan of the show whatever, which which was funny.
Speaker 2: It was a fan of the show there. Yeah, so yeah.
Speaker 4: Maybe a different person.
Speaker 7: I heard Ken mm hmm. You guy came out behind me, right, I'm like, what's up, Ken? And then I turned around and there was another guy in front of me that he's like, oh ship, yeah yeah, so the same place right, So but yeah, I had sent it to you guys.
Speaker 2: I didn't know. I hadn't.
Speaker 7: I didn't even know this was the thing. This is I think this is the only one in Georgia. And are you think the only theater that does it, the only theater.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the South Foot, Yeah, the only.
Speaker 4: Interesting they would pick the Morrow Theater to be the only one in Georgia.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I don't know why, but I think I think, I don't know, because it has everything else. They have Adobe, Cinema, Imax, it's never packed. Yeah, I don't know. Maybe just it's it's an advanced theater. I guess, you know, I know it's in Marrow, but it is.
Speaker 3: Things because it's one of the biggest.
Speaker 7: It's one of the biggest, and they were able to convert that one to that. Okay, but but now, yeah, it's all the sensories. It's like smell like like like just to hear like different type of sounds. Even like I said, the seats move like all of that, like it's a it's a real experience.
Speaker 2: Like seats moving is kind of nuts.
Speaker 7: Bro man, man, we'll get there. But yeah, it's some one telling them now when he when he fell down, when you had the rope, all of us are just like this like it was, but it added to it.
Speaker 4: It added to the experience. At drink in my hand.
Speaker 2: You don't have to do.
Speaker 1: A dude next to me had a dream and he had have to lit on it. So when it first started, saying, like in the first part of the kid that guy fell down in the opening scene, he had to lift it. Now it's just dumb ass fall so he lifted the drink up.
Speaker 7: And but it adds to the experience. I'm telling y'all, y'all gotta try it.
Speaker 4: I might go with something and not.
Speaker 7: I liked it so much that I took Dom to go see Mandalorian Grogu.
Speaker 4: I bet that was fun. Oh my god, for that movie.
Speaker 7: You know when it's snowing, they had snow come in like like like, but it like kind of displays before it like hits you like a little bit, the rain scenes.
Speaker 4: It's like missed in the theater. It was all of this stuff.
Speaker 7: When I went to go see Yeah, do that man, go see Go seek Uh. He actually posted about it. He's like, oh, man, I just had my first forty X experience. But he ain't say what movie it was. It was the Mendalorian. I might do that, man. Mandalorian would have great.
Speaker 2: Man. When I tell you, it heightens the experience, Go see Mandalorian.
Speaker 7: I'm telling y'all, if y'all, if y'all don't do nothing else, please go see men Luria.
Speaker 4: I think he Transformers the movie the fortieth anniversary. If they do that in forty X, I'm one hundred percent man, you'll see you have fun. I don't want to see a horror movie like that, because.
Speaker 2: Horror we can. I'm we can.
Speaker 7: It's it's a little like, man, what the hells? But but the action ship, the action ship, it really works, it really works.
Speaker 1: So uh so, yeah, it was packed in hours, and I thought that people were there just to experience forty yets.
Speaker 2: I had no idea. Why seem like you and I got there, Spike.
Speaker 1: I was at the top and this lady had her ship in my seat, so she had to move all that ship.
Speaker 2: I'm like you, you know this, motherfucker, Pat why would you even to do that? It's crazy.
Speaker 1: So anyway, but but I thought it was interesting because this is the second So what I think is, well, I get to that towards the end. But anyway, let's jump into the movie because I think we're kind of a couple of minutes in we even said really shit about the damn movie movie experience.
Speaker 2: Spike, did you like it? Hmmm?
Speaker 5: When I first walked out, I was like, what in the fuck was that? But as I thought about it more on the way home and over the last days, and then even look at the stuff, Yeah, I fuck with it.
Speaker 3: I think it was dope.
Speaker 5: It did everything I think you're supposed to get from a movie like it. I was intrigued that there was never a moment where I was bored. I was always wondering what was going on. Even at the end, I was like, Okay, what the fuck was that? So it made me just want to know more about this space and the stuff. So I think it did his job as a movie. I liked it.
Speaker 2: What about you, Matt?
Speaker 4: So me and my girl saw it and we both walked out, and she I could tell she liked it. She was grinning the whole fucking time. I like it a lot more now. In the moment, I was like, I really liked it until I figured out what it was trying to say. Then I was just like, all right, I don't know that I care, But I've been trying to figure out if my idea of what it's about is even right because I've not I don't watch reviews except for one channel fish Jelly reviews. These two Yo, you watch them, it's just a funny thing, gay couple of black guy the white guy. They don't really break anything down like that. So it's not like I don't watch other reviews that break stuff down because I wanted to infiltrate what I might think. They don't really do that. I just like listening to them, and they did not at all mention what I thought the movie was about. So I'm curious see if y'all think this too. But yeah, I now, as I've been thinking about the movie over and over again, I loved it. I really loved it.
Speaker 2: What about you, rot, I thought it was cool.
Speaker 7: It was definitely I think you saying it like, it was intriguing. It kept you on the edge of your seat, like trying to like, okay, what is going on? So I did a really really good job with that. And I typically don't like the twelve years of Slave dude like that, damn it, he was. I liked him here. I typically don't. I'm not a big huge fan of him, but I liked him here. Yeah. Like, so yeah, I think ultimately I think it did a pretty decent job yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I feel like the forty X did heightened experience.
Speaker 2: A little bit too.
Speaker 1: Hm, I think it took away from the experience a little bit because I felt like with this, I needed to just watch the movie and not be concerned that my seat's gonna shake.
Speaker 4: To make a lot of sense with this, Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: But I've watched it twice because I had to host it, so I went back and rewatched it, and I definitely enjoyed it on the rewatch.
Speaker 2: Regular version.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, especially now that I also had more background information, et cetera, et cetera, so that that helped as well, because.
Speaker 2: The first time I watched, I was like, what the fuck was that?
Speaker 1: And that's the ending, Like get the fuck off my screen, you know, because I think I don't know if we're in the same uh, we're in the same wave link in terms of what they were trying to say. But it was one point I was like, oh that's what y'all doing. I was like, all right, okay, cool, but yeah.
Speaker 5: I agree with Mike, Like I watched it and I'm walking out. It's just like it's stuck with you, Like you couldn't help with the thing. What the fuck. Like, my whole way home, I was thinking about that movie. So that's why I give it a lot of credit actually doing what he needed to do. And it reminded me of blair Witch a little bit about who blair Witch.
Speaker 7: Mike found film footage like blair.
Speaker 3: Witch a little bit in the beginning.
Speaker 1: But yeah, and that's kind of how the web series is. They do the found footage thing because it's probably easy to produce and suffer YouTube ship.
Speaker 4: That was a small gripe. We'll get to that though, but we saw it Thursday, and she probably won't get mad at me saying that. Damn it, every day she comes up. I thought something else when he said this. I think it meant this like four hours later, but I thought of something else.
Speaker 5: She doesn't do that with movies typically, So yeah, it's definitely one of those stays with you day with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was the feeling that I had to spike. I immediately somebody's like, you gotta go see this. I don't know why, you just gotta go see this.
Speaker 5: And they went to go see it and they was like, damn it was fucking amazing, doing like, yeah, they this a great piece of film.
Speaker 3: Type shit.
Speaker 1: They loved it, you know, and it's apparently it's doing really really well, you know, in terms of the box office. So he got a hit on his hands. Who's he K Parsons But twenty four. I think it's smart, So I said, I think it's smart, and I and you guys can tell me if you agree or not. But it seems like the Hollywood industry they're trying to find new IP and finding something like back rooms and giving this guy a chance to make a movie. I'm thinking about another video game movie I watched that was Packed that I didn't know about. So it's not like these hidden pockets of IP and culture that nobody know about. Because at some point we're done and they're gonna need something to kind of keep this thing going on. And finding fan fiction and stuff on the internet that's really really popular might be a direction that could work.
Speaker 4: I think they're taking a beat from the talk to me folks.
Speaker 2: Was that fan fish too?
Speaker 4: No, it was just they were on YouTube. They made a free movie on YouTube. Okay, I can't remember what it was called something in Honey that everyone loved, including me. So I mean, I think that's I think you're right it's looking elsewhere outside of Hollywood. Why wouldn't you go to YouTube. If you find somebody that did a YouTube video yep, two million views, why not try to give him a bigger budget and see if he can replicate it. So, and he's fucking twenty Yeah, he's twenty years old.
Speaker 3: It is the youngest filmmaker with a number one debut.
Speaker 4: Wow, good for him? Is dood for him? Has killed it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he did so anyway, So it's it's a lot twenty four.
Speaker 4: Oh, I know, I left the other one alone, but this one, y'all got to eat your words.
Speaker 3: What was the other one?
Speaker 4: Which? Yea, they taste good, don't they buy?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: That one they did the Drumma, Yeah, yeah, you know. And there was a horror movie we just we did recently that was a twenty four. I can't remember what it was called, though.
Speaker 1: Hey man, Rod, we put him on notices, bro, you know, we put let.
Speaker 4: Me go make sure that Ken and Ron are.
Speaker 2: Just but nah, man.
Speaker 1: So it's it's a lot, but not a lot, you know. It's the movie is is basically this guy, just like from the trailer, he sees this yellow border of light and goes goes in the back, but we open with scientists that are stuck there. He was separated from other two scientists that he was calling for.
Speaker 2: And uh.
Speaker 1: In the YouTube series they say you're supposed to go in three so so.
Speaker 4: Giving stuff away. I ain't seen the YouTube series yet. It's not that spoiler.
Speaker 1: It's not a lot to spoil. You can watch. I'm surprised you to watch a spike. You can watch a thing that's give you the whole timeline and get the gist of it.
Speaker 4: Interesting.
Speaker 1: But but yeah, so so yeah, and then you get a bird flying in and then you see this little weird thing which is this sort of sort of life for him, and the motherfucker take off running.
Speaker 2: He's trying to escape.
Speaker 1: He falls down and it's a revealed that the scientists of watching or this guy that we come to find out his name is, Yeah, Phil was watching this thing.
Speaker 2: The guy's also from.
Speaker 3: Yep, yep, Yeah, from the Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Yep, from the Morning Show. So off rep Did this interest you guys that all over the same?
Speaker 5: Yes, I think something will always be intriguing to me in films if they do it right. Is the found footage and worked in Blair, which it works in Cloverfield, like it just works just if you're building intrigue and wanting me to know. So I was hooked from the beginning.
Speaker 4: Same. I think it was a really really strong start. Uh I'm not always I mean, I like found for those films, but it got to be so oversaturated that they just started to get bad and then it would just become an issue where it's like, Okay, you've got to explain why the funk you're running around with a camera, because if monsters are chasing me, the last thing I'm gonna think document Oh shit, Oh I'm about to die, y'all. No, I'm not doing that. So I think starting off with this scientist who's clearly recording for some kind of research and the cameras in this helmet, I think that made sense. But yeah, man, when that fucking whenever that black thing got his ass, I was like, okay, all right, you.
Speaker 8: Would love to have more content from Franks per second. Become a patron where you can contribute to what we review and discuss. Our Patreon gives the listeners the power to nominate and vote a monthly discussion in Film Review, while also nominating and voting on weekly solo reviews from each cast member. You also get the opportunity to vote on the publicly released anniversary film, all exclusive to our Patreon. So become a patron at patreon dot com. Frames per second where there are two tears you can choose from. That's patreon dot com forward slash frames per second.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we also see that, well, we learned later because there's this sign that you see.
Speaker 2: You start to get clues that things are reversed.
Speaker 1: So that sign, because I'm trying to read it and reverse is the no credit sign that's in the warehouse.
Speaker 4: No credit, no problem.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So right after that, we meet Mary. So we have two main characters, Mary and Clark. So we meet Mary. She's from the ann in the wall and her house is being torn down. It's all the other kind of stuff. And then afterwards that's when we meet Clark, who owns this store and yeah, Captain Clark. Yeah, yeah, the Ottoman Empire, you know that's what they call it. I just got it, Ottoman.
Speaker 4: I just got it. I just got you didn't get it, shut up. I just got it, y'all, y'all, y'all, y'all, I got y'all got it the first time, because before they.
Speaker 3: Went I was like, so he just said atoms or like, I didn't.
Speaker 4: Even think about ottoman I just black phons.
Speaker 2: Don't have ottomans.
Speaker 4: Yeah I got one at the wait I have one too, But I didn't think most black.
Speaker 7: That's the thing, right, I don't think they just don't call them what do we call them food?
Speaker 2: On the longs, I didn't even know they were called ottomists. Yeah. Yeah, then it's like, yeah, then they call ottomans. Was like, ottomans?
Speaker 4: Is that?
Speaker 2: Like that's that's what that thing is. Give me that piece of that couch, couch.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so they they their connection is that you know, he's in therapy and he's talking to her, and so we get introduced to basically what type of person he is? What did you guys think of? Like the therapy session them kind of giving us some idea of what kind of personality and character Clark is, and the role playing session.
Speaker 3: The role player was great.
Speaker 5: I don't usually I'm like you, right, I ain't really just the biggest man of this dude to a slave dude.
Speaker 3: I won't say I hate him, but he just ain't never blew me away. But he did good.
Speaker 5: And this scene right here and the therapist, I think both of them there both a good job. It was a good setup and it just you say, him as a character, it just made me look at him like he was kind of he was the problem, you know what I'm saying, And he didn't feel like he was, like they stated later in the film.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yeah, she was telling him, like you know, she was mentioning things like path least resistance, pushing people away, Uh, he's stuck right where it started, which is alone, those sort of things about his personality.
Speaker 2: And then Robber was learning that you know from this whole thing, that.
Speaker 1: He's a he's an alcoholic with a temper, you know, and he during this session completely goes off on his role playing wife, which is her, you know, And we learned about his wife and we never even met a professional student, want to have kids, He feels the pressure of falling for everything. He has this sort of male ego about that's my house and he got kicked out of his house, and we learned that he's an architect that didn't get a chance to be an architect, and then he just completely cusses her out.
Speaker 2: Right. Do you think that she took a personal when she was called fat. I don't know if she.
Speaker 7: Think it personal, but she she did feel it the anger, right, Yeah, yeah, she could actually feel it or whatever, you know. But nah, it was really good role playing, like because even he had to snap out. He's like, wait, am I talking to you or her or whatever? He had to kind of figure out. Nah, I mean she, I mean she asked for it, she said, in this role place, he gave you what you wanted.
Speaker 4: He gave you what you asked for real. Yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: Did it look like to you might like she had to remember that that's role playing, is not real.
Speaker 4: No. I didn't take it that way.
Speaker 1: I just did look like it on her face that she had to come out of care. She took that a little bit.
Speaker 4: I mean, I definitely, I definitely want to watch it again. I didn't. I didn't take that from that scene. I more so took that she didn't like that he was putting all the onus on whoever his wife is. I took it because, I mean, therapists aren't supposed to tell you that you're a problem. But I took it in that moment, She's like, nah, this is this is fucked up what you did to your wife?
Speaker 7: No wonder she left.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I didn't take it that she took it personal that he was calling her fact because she's clearly some scrawny little white lady, you know.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so more about Clarke. He's filming this commercial and then we meet the other two people with the assistant manager and I guess her boyfriend, and they feeling the thing.
Speaker 2: Spike, how long? How hard did you laugh when he fell in the chair.
Speaker 4: He kept teasing it too.
Speaker 5: I just said he gonna fall at some point with the pig legs, that he definitely gotta fall. But yeah, I think it wasn't much in this scene.
Speaker 1: You don't think so, because I think I think there's a sense of humiliation.
Speaker 3: That's what I was about to get bad. I was just about to get to that.
Speaker 5: It wasn't much in the scene from what they did, but it did show that he was in this like desperate ass place and he was just like hoping for anything to go right or just be good. And hints him filming this commercial, the poirate uniform following on his face and the kids looking at him like he's crazy.
Speaker 3: But it felt really desperate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, saying opened the store, and she's like, we already opened. I think on a previous scene we saw the bills were late, and then that's when.
Speaker 2: We realized that his light bill is going up.
Speaker 1: And that uh, there's an electrician that's going there. And he takes him down to the breaker and we see the breaker that wasn't there.
Speaker 2: There's a part that's messed up.
Speaker 1: And we also found out that Clark is actually living in the warehouse, which made sense because he was kicked out, so all of this made sense, and that he's drinking, you know, and he's living this sort of this.
Speaker 2: Life of loneliness. It's white.
Speaker 1: The therapist just told him you're alone, and we see it and he's frustrated because the lights keep fucking flickering and shit, so he gets angry and then he goes down and we actually they kind of do a good job of, like the first night, kind of teasing and showing it him getting frustrated, cutting shit off, we're getting pissed off or whatever. And then the second night it happens again and he runs downstairs and turns everything off. Watching a horror movie, we say these things to ourselves, like when we were walking by a wall and we see a light. But Mike, if you saw this shit in a place that you knew up and down, and you saw a light in the wall, would you walk through it or be curious as to what's going.
Speaker 2: On over there?
Speaker 4: I would have. I would have done a few things before I walked through. First. Okay, I've seen enough movies to know that you don't just walk through a portal, and black folks should know this before anybody. So I was just like, bruh, what are you doing?
Speaker 7: You're just gonna.
Speaker 4: Walk through this? You saw twelve years of slave. You don't know what's on the other side of that shit. You just gonna right you were in it.
Speaker 7: Just don't learn nigger right.
Speaker 4: You wanted thirteen years? But nah, I would I would definitely, like, maybe throw something through it, make sure it you know, and then yankee back and make make sure it was okay. I don't know if I would just walk through the ship. But him, I could see why he did because he was so fucking frustrating, and you don't think that there's a portal here. You're just like, wait, why is there a light right here? Let me go look right?
Speaker 2: Would you have would you have been curious as to what was going on?
Speaker 7: No, bro, I'm calling somebody else, Like, Yo, it's this fucking light behind my wall. What's going on?
Speaker 2: Like, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just but it's your It's like, but it's your place of business.
Speaker 2: Like he knows this warehouse.
Speaker 1: The bills are going up and there's this weird thing that's there. Yeah, there's no curiosity. I'm curious. I mean, but I'm not stupid. I'm curious. This is why I'm going to call someone. I need a professional. I'm not doing that. I don't know what's on the other side of that wall.
Speaker 2: Hm hmmm.
Speaker 3: Straight Spike, this movie would have been over ten.
Speaker 4: Years if I was.
Speaker 5: Hell, I don't never There was a couple like when he went through the walls like well I never would have did that, and then he kept walking for the.
Speaker 3: Hell no, he gonna keep going.
Speaker 7: You gotta be a person, yeah, like you gotta be like like a little don't care him.
Speaker 1: I think for him though it was like five, he was he's an architect, So for him, this is like I get a chance to explore this place that I didn't know existed.
Speaker 7: That's a saving grace.
Speaker 3: Okay, because I see it makes a lot of damn saving that doesn't make a lot of beau. He's wondering about the build.
Speaker 4: Now, I can understand that.
Speaker 3: Later okay, the.
Speaker 4: Official when he rocked his dumb ass in there and then kept going nah right later on when he was drawing the pictures and all that, I got the architect part then, because he's like, how the funk is all of this back here? But when he initially went through, I'm like, bro, what are you doing? Man? You're a black man in the horror movie.
Speaker 1: So to answer my own question, I would have been curious. I have all of the thoughts that you guys had. Maybe I would have took a piece of furniture and kind of stuck it through that.
Speaker 4: Exactly exactly right.
Speaker 1: Maybe I would have walked through and be like, Okay, hell no, this shit is weird. I'm taking my ass back. I'm with you guys. I would not have explored the area, you know, and but he did.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't have gone all the way through the door because I would have been paranoid that the door would disappear in.
Speaker 2: But you kind of did. When he tried to get out, he was like where is the door? Did the door move though?
Speaker 4: I think no. I think he just went to the wrong park. That's why he had to draw it on there later, so he knew exactly where it was.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, because I thought that mother was gonna be closed when he came back.
Speaker 7: I kept thinking that too. I kept thinking that too. But when they went back and trying to find where it was, Okay, it's in a specific spot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, what did you guys think about the world behind there? So you got this book back, which was left from the previous scientists that were there, and he's you know, we see floppy dis badges. You know, there's kind of chairs and shoes blending into the floor and all this other stuff.
Speaker 4: I guess to me has just shown just how long this has been going on.
Speaker 7: Whatever this thing is, it's dating back to a time or whatnot.
Speaker 2: It reminded me of.
Speaker 4: Jordan Peel's US with everything tethered.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, so.
Speaker 7: That's what it kind of reminds me of, like this upside down world slash Stranger Things, like all of that shit. It reminds me of stranger things and us. One of the two things I was thinking about, if it sure gave me stranger things vibes. That's what I thought. I think they did a really good job. It was nothing there that was really scary. It was just creepy, and I think that's what this movie did, really will Like they weren't trying to scare you, just wanted to make you uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: Shit, what about when that life for him came that thing dropped up?
Speaker 5: Well yeah, I mean, of course that they had moments, but I think the majority of the movie movie, like, even in my theater, it was so tense in there. It was like it's so quiet, like you know, people usually like wrestling ship and getting popcorn out. It was just extremely quiet and tense, and I think the movie did a really good job of that, even a full theater.
Speaker 2: So yeah, we never I don't think we saw at that time.
Speaker 1: I think we just saw it tear up that that that thing that cut out, And then he did the smartest thing, the only smartest thing he ever did the movie.
Speaker 2: He got the fuck up out of there.
Speaker 4: Did y'all have to cut out outside of your theater?
Speaker 3: Cutout?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, it was outside of our theater. They had the little Man out there.
Speaker 2: Oh that's what it was paying attention to it. Yeah, it was the little the little cutout thing. Damn.
Speaker 7: They had it right outside the theater door.
Speaker 1: So we see Phil is watching the tape and then he went to tell his whole therapist about everything. Uh, this ship sounds crazy, but I think Mike one of the smartest things.
Speaker 2: He was asked, have you ever had fifty one to fifty somebody?
Speaker 5: Yeah, because I start the conversation right, Yeah, to know He's like, I.
Speaker 4: Must be crazy, I must be losing my fucking mind.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I thought in this scene he was the way he was describing everything, like his excitement with it and stuff like that. And even though it's timing, when he delivered the line he was like, why you look at me like that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: That was funny. He was good.
Speaker 3: He was man, he did a great job in this movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, runing out even even like when he was like, it's like describing a dog to someone that's never seen that's what this movie's like.
Speaker 3: Yes, like that that was the perfect quote for this movie.
Speaker 5: Is like trying to trying to draw a dog describing it by someone who's not seen when this movie was exactly that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so yeah, so he said, all right, fine, out go get your proofd go get the other three people, his other assistant manager and stuff like that. I think she was one of the smartest persons in the in the whole show in terms of telling him not to go.
Speaker 4: But she went just like y'all was bugget all the assistance.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the cats from shrinking shrinking. Yeah, it was good to see her and yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Rod.
Speaker 1: Do you think that him finding that place, even though it seemed like it was dangerous, he went back, and I guess he kept going back doing new drawings and didn't really encounter this other theme that's there. Do you think or does it feel like he found purpose again?
Speaker 4: That's why I thought you were going with it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean because he actually says it at some point that uh, yeah, he like he likes it there. You know what I'm saying. He's comfortable there. It's a it's a place because I think everywhere else he was.
Speaker 2: He was alone.
Speaker 7: I mean, he didn't have, like you say, purpose, or didn't have many friends. He closed off, closed off some many people, but here he control it a lot more so.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think I think he did actually enjoy being there.
Speaker 1: In Discovery, Yeah, the the this whole part we have like them exploring them being smartly tying a rope to the waist falling down the hill smartly.
Speaker 3: We thought it was. I didn't think that was made the most.
Speaker 4: If you're gonna go your eyes down there, at least I got a rope to pull you back up. They always do that movies.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: It just didn't work, but it was smart because he left the other part of the rope down there.
Speaker 7: I just feel like, do you have that much manpower to get him back up?
Speaker 2: Really? For real?
Speaker 4: It was a little scrawny dude. I think you would tell he could have pulled his ass up. I didn't see that. I mean, it was a solution, but it just didn't seem smart. Like if I went down there, you could easily pull me back up.
Speaker 2: Oh no, how much your way.
Speaker 4: You're pretty big dude. You can put me up.
Speaker 2: I probably, but.
Speaker 7: Too though, like I'm going against gravity. Yeah, I could probably pick you up. But just you going all the way down somewhere and me trying to continuously pick you it works.
Speaker 2: They pulled him up.
Speaker 1: The issue was they left the other part of the rope and the thing snatched and he couldn't get the knot off in time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he said, dude, what kind of notice?
Speaker 4: I tell you. One thing that got me though, is I didn't realize. I don't know how I miss this. I didn't realize the timeframe that the movie was in. So when it started, I was like, why is this fool wearing this fucking crop top? I was like, oh, okay, he's gay, got it all right. But then when he was like, oh, I know, it's fucked up for me to think that, but I did. And then he was like, oh, no, they're together, I was like, wait, what what is going on here? I didn't even notice anybody else dressed. That is true, like it was always noticed by the cars. I wasn't paying attention to the cars.
Speaker 1: I knew because of the YouTube series. Yeah no, I went back, I went reverse.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I didn't even know it was a thing. I was talking with Bees.
Speaker 2: I needed to know.
Speaker 3: I had to know.
Speaker 7: I was talking to be. Bee was the one that told me that it was. It started out on YouTube. I was just calling a Bee for something totally different. He's like, oh, that's that movie that's on YouTube. I'm like, what are you talking about?
Speaker 2: He's like yeah, I think I think they gotta. You know, it was created on YouTube first.
Speaker 4: I'm like, really, it was very popular, so I just missed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Mike did the this whole part where he's being snatched, the Pools scene, him walking through the Christmas tree, that all this stuff. Did you like this whole scene and how this played out to the point where him putting the camera down and getting snatched.
Speaker 4: I think Spike has something to say Ken.
Speaker 3: That there was a shirt down that it head and apart tid, did somebody else have it on?
Speaker 4: He did? He did the camera guy did see I want to I'm gonna get to it because I can already tell that y'all didn't pick up what I picked up. And I'm still trying to figure out if this is right. But going back when he first when he first went down there, did y'all see the face in the clothes? Yeah, I don't think most people in my theater saw You didn't see it, but no, there's a person face in the clothes.
Speaker 2: This shit freaked me out. Yeah, that's what freaked him out.
Speaker 4: Right, they didn't see it. They were pointing in the Okay, my theory didn't. I don't think any no one reacted. No one reacted. But no, when he first goes down there, there's a pile of clothes right to the left, and then there's then there's like a dark room to the left of that. But in the pile of clothes, there is a face in the clothes. So there's like a person in the clothes.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: It's quick, it's quick. They don't linger on it.
Speaker 2: Because but is that when he said what the fuck?
Speaker 4: Maybe he might have said what the fuck, but it wasn't about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he didn't see the face.
Speaker 7: He didn't see the face. What did he say what the fuck?
Speaker 2: For?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 4: Because he was down there there's a bunch of clothes and ship. He was like, there's a bunch of laundry down here. But he didn't see the face because he would have said something about there's a face down here.
Speaker 2: Are you sure it wasn't the cutout?
Speaker 4: No, I'm positive.
Speaker 2: I don't think it was the cut up.
Speaker 4: Positive it wasn't the cutout.
Speaker 7: And they had a smell here in forty X.
Speaker 4: What was the smell like?
Speaker 7: I couldn't It wouldn't like must, it didn't like stink.
Speaker 2: But it was just a smell. I can't even I can't even describe.
Speaker 7: Old room, something like an old It wasn't even like that because it wasn't like something that would make you six to your stomach.
Speaker 4: It was just like a weird It was just a weird smell. Yeah, yeah, no, I fucking loved all of this. But this is where I started to figure out, Oh, they're making a point, and I'm not sure I care about the point. But this part also has my gripe. When he put the fucking camera down, well, sorry, when he when when the when the dude the dude dies and uh Clark grabs the camera and he's running through the fucking maze with the camera. I was like, all right, bro, that doesn't make any sense too, And I just wish movies wouldn't do that. Make it make sense because everything else in this movie, even though that was weird, I understood it. But whenever you have found footage elements of films, they never bothered to explain why the fuck you would pick up the camera, Like your dude just died, got fucking eating up and sucked to a wall. I'm gonna pick up a camera and film while I'm running. Absolutely not, I'm gonna just fucking book it out of there.
Speaker 1: I think I gave it a pass because I just I just went along with him, just wanted to make sure that he didn't lose any other footage and that he wanted to continue to document what was down there.
Speaker 4: See that's too loose for me. Well, he wanted proof, I know, I get that, but that's just too.
Speaker 2: That's too but if you leave the camera, you don't have the proof.
Speaker 4: Does motherfucker just died?
Speaker 5: And I thought he I think he thought, dude with insignificant No, I don't think that at all. He I think he had become so obsessed to that point of wanting to like make sure that he had documentation.
Speaker 1: Dude, is like, if he thought that, then he would have just left. If he didn't he want to try to go save any of them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he wouldn't try to say the girl too. He would have just booked it out of there. Nah, I don't think. I don't know, And it's not a huge grip because I still loved the movie. I was just like, that doesn't Actually.
Speaker 1: They got knocked down there because the thing pulled the bed and pushed him down there.
Speaker 2: But still I think I still think he would have left if he didn't care about him like that.
Speaker 4: Then he picked up a camera. But I think that they just did that to add on to the point they're making. So y'all didn't take any real life references to this.
Speaker 8: Huh?
Speaker 1: I got something that now it sounded like it may be different later on in the movie. What did you get when they were having a conversation with the therapist.
Speaker 4: Okay, so when when me and my girl walked out, both of us got that this was a reference to AI. Oh no, I had a thing that happens in this is a think about it. What do people always say about AI. It's like trying to blain to someone what a dog looks like and then telling it to draw the dog. That's what people describe as AI is always drawing shit or creating images, and there'll be something that's off. If you watch the movie through that lens, everything is like that. So when you have you have the part where he's running down there with the camera, because first of all, you can go back to the sign that says no credit, no problem. How it's backwards. That's some AI shit. How all of the fucking chairs and the furniture are like stuck on the floor. They're just not arranged properly. That's AI shit. So yeah, when he put the camera down and then something picks up the camera and starts filming, I was like, Oh, this is AI trying to mimic what he's doing. Now. Later on, of course, when we get that the creature is a version of him, which we'll get to that later, I was like, Oh, I'm definitely that's definitely what this is. But I didn't. I was trying to figure out this part, and he was like, you're you're seeing a window. I don't see the window, so I can't get to you. Yeah, that part was fucking tense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, said look out behind you.
Speaker 4: Like she could see him but he couldn't see her.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. Yeah, all this worked for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Spike, Right when that lady ran out from behind that Christmas tree.
Speaker 7: Bro, when the motherfucker clicked that light on that ship freaked me out, you remember, Yeah, because I didn't think he was gonna move the mother You can see it in the shadows, and I was like, oh, that fucking smooth Like people were saying.
Speaker 2: That in the theater, saying that ship.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, she ran out like this, Oh my god, get away from me. He was all it ass uh but then he got snatched up and uh but nah, all this was really good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all this it was intense.
Speaker 5: Well, you're gonna say, I was just gonna say to Mike, I didn't get AI. I just got like real world, Like he was trying to avoid the real world. This world was so bad, Like he became obsessed with this place it's not even real, and the escape ended up killing him.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: AI, But why AI?
Speaker 2: It don't seem like we were in that time.
Speaker 4: We weren't. That's why the nineties part kind of threw me off. But it could just be that they're trying to make a commentary on this is the evolving, Like we're now at a place where AI can do all this stuff. But remember when we when people first started doing AI, it was spitting back images with like twelve eyes and shit.
Speaker 2: And it was hallucinating all those stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you look at the people that it created, they look like what AI was creating when it was first starting to do this stuff. So, I mean, can I can explain more when it gets to the end when we talked to Phil, But again, I haven't seen anybody else say this. I don't know if I'm right, but I'm pretty sure the fact that me and my girlfriend both got the exact same thing, I think that that's what's going on.
Speaker 1: I thought there's other part was interesting. I want to get you all you guys thoughts about this. Marrying her mom. First of all, with her background, she shouldn't be a therapist for anybody. I think that's why she wanted to be one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's not true, because she had she's seen her mom.
Speaker 2: No damn therapist.
Speaker 1: She seemed like she was a lot of help. I don't know, Bro, she got her own problems, Spike.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying she had a couple.
Speaker 7: Of bars here and there for him. But yeah, I feel you. But now they say people that go through the trauma and overcome it.
Speaker 2: It's like that's the preacher say. I'd have been.
Speaker 4: Read him precisely.
Speaker 3: They gave her experience, and Dylan, her mama gave her experience.
Speaker 1: Mom was crazy, right, and with you know, she's living like she We see that she's she has a traumatic childhood walls, paper on the walls.
Speaker 2: And ship like that.
Speaker 1: Her mom's talking about they out there, they're gonna get her the question I have.
Speaker 2: We had car crash and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Do y'all think that her mom back then we're seeing these things experience.
Speaker 3: That's what I wondered with her mom experiencing the same thing.
Speaker 1: And they thought she was crazy, and that's why they locked her as up because.
Speaker 5: When he went and told her, it wasn't the look of totals just like you're crazy. She was familiar. It seemed like with what he was saying, like she had heard that before. So I think the mom experienced the same thing. That's what I got from because.
Speaker 4: I didn't get that. I just got that she was she was looking at him like, oh no, you're you're you're losing it. I didn't get that she picked up that her mother had seen these same beings because it was why would her mother have been at that store?
Speaker 1: Because out at the store, I think the world just started just became so expansive, or it just had.
Speaker 3: The scientists well even then, is that the only access point where.
Speaker 4: That the scientist kind of kind of implied that because it was they were only at the store and they were pulling I mean, maybe I misread this part, but he holds up the sign he's like, is this where you in? But how would he even know the address?
Speaker 1: It was on the news and yeah he had saw he had saw him on the tape and then he saw him. I think this later on he was making popcorn. He saw him on the commercial and it was.
Speaker 2: Like, oh shit, like, oh.
Speaker 1: This is where there's another assets point that we didn't know about, which is how they got there.
Speaker 4: So but I took it like that. So when we start the movie, the place that the first scientist was in, it looked like that room. It was, yeah, but that room was based yeah yeah, no, no, no, no, yeah, it was definitely that same room because they had the no credit, no problems. It was right.
Speaker 3: But what was the significance than of them tearing the house down?
Speaker 4: Like because real world memories kept her from buying into all that ship. So remember when when we're skipping ahead. But the only reason she was able to even beat the in my opinion, the AI version of Clark was she had that real life, tangible memory of her as a kid, and they kept referencing back like your childhood and these things from your childhood, you know, saving you to a degree. So I think that's why, But I don't I never got the impression. And again I only saw it once. I never got the impression that her mother was seeing those things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was just I was I was just wondering what it was. She was like, they're out there and they're gonna get us or something like that. I thought that was really odd. But she was much much younger. We don't know how well. I have an idea because I saw the web series, but we don't know in this movie how long these things has been occurring, and it's been around, and while she was so paranoid, so I'm unsure. I was just wondering if you guys thought the same thing. But Clark gave her a call and left the message on her machine that he's not coming back. Says he opened the window and that he won't be coming back. And then, of course, as I mentioned, we get a cut away of Acinc. Which is the firm research when a grant for some MRI hardware, which eventually, as he said at the end of the movie, that's what they started out of, started out of ass and it became much bigger. But Mary took her ass to the store Rod and she she was actually the smartest parts for a little bit, well, she kind of put a finger in there, but when she saw the damn fly wing in, she she was anywhere.
Speaker 2: So she walks in.
Speaker 1: She does her exploring, and then Clark peaches ass around the corner, puts her in the choke hold. Strangers her says it's for her life because there's this big loud rumbling thing that they heard. We also, you're skipping ahead. That's not what he said. Remember what he said to her.
Speaker 2: I'm doing this for the way.
Speaker 1: Uh oh wait wait wait wait, wait, hold on, I didn't write it down.
Speaker 4: Right before he chokes her, he says, don't worry, it's just me.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes.
Speaker 4: Yes, telling y'all man, I'm I'm pretty sure I'm not crazy here. It was an AI version of him. It was just fucked up. Yeah, because it draws back when they're in the therapy session. He's saying to her, the devil's in the details. You think something as a dog, and then you look closely at it and something's.
Speaker 1: Off and on the wall there's the life form that they're seeing down there. Why I think, in terms of magic, be realistic here and now it's the two way street tables don't bleed, just all kinds of weird shit. Look like Clark was walling off parts of it, and yeah, there's a note right there.
Speaker 2: Yep, yep. Yeah. He then tells it to stay calm, and that's only him that's walking up. Yeah yeah, right.
Speaker 1: Did y'all think, going back to the message, he was trying to lure her down there?
Speaker 4: I don't think that that's what he was doing, because why would he think that his therapist, of all people, would care enough about him to be like, I'm gonna go check it out. Because that's what I was thinking. I was like, a therapist isn't gonna do.
Speaker 5: This unless I'm unless her mom was going through it. That's the only reason I gave that. I was like, she's familiar with this in some kind of way.
Speaker 4: She didn't seem like she was familiar when she got her ass down, right, She didn't when he said don't worry, it's just me. She didn't say, oh, okay, cool, my mom saw this shit.
Speaker 7: She was like, what the fun?
Speaker 4: Wait? Why are you chicking me?
Speaker 2: But she never saw what her mom saw because of her letter.
Speaker 4: Right, But that's why it wouldn't make any sense for her to be like, oh, well, my mom' saw these same things, so I'm gonna go check it out. How would she even know her mom's all those same things.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know so well either way, he choked her out, and then we see her mom was committed, yes, and that she actually went back to her house.
Speaker 2: It seemed like.
Speaker 1: But anyway, so now we get a little bit more about this place. He said that this place builds the people. So she wakes up and there's this guy who has like six highs, the guy with in a wheelchair from the Christmas tree, you have the lady that's in the red dress. And he tells us that this place bills them and that over time it misremembers them. He also tells us that they can't feel pain, and he shows us and that you can eat them. And then he says he asked how good it must feel to not feel pain, ego thoughts, or fear, to just exist like furniture. So this is where I thought the movie was about more about just him and just giving you know, his trouble pass, their trouble pass. Like this was just about how the insides of us can be dark and twisted and fucked up, and that we try to push aside or bury the dark things that happened to us but there, but because of that, we don't really address them. I thought it was more about mental health. They seen the Love Maker movies about that nowadays.
Speaker 4: I didn't get that when I saw when I saw the twelve eyes on the dude, I was like, okay, yeah, I'm not nuts. And then when he said this thing builds people, actually it remembers them, but when it does, it remembers them slightly wrong. And then when he was talking about the guy in the striped shirt, he said, yeah, out there, there's probably a guy in a striped shirt, but in here he's slightly off. All of that says Ai to me. Now, the whole edible thing, I have no fucking clue. I have no idea what that means.
Speaker 1: Well, I thought that it was just symbolic of like eating away, of eating at pain, you know, And that was just that's what I got, attaching it to him just not even wanting to deal with all of the shit that's been going on in his life. Remember that's what she was telling And she even told him in the scene. She was like, all this shit is your fault. You don't want to set responsibilities, and she just kind of laid it out to him and and that was it.
Speaker 2: So they had this whole session. So that's what I was thinking it was about.
Speaker 4: But this is also right after the part he says to the woman that's behind him, who also has the multiple faces, which is something AI used to do. He says to her, go turn the light out, and the thing doesn't do anything, and he says it multiple times and it doesn't listen. We always go through this, and then he says, well, I'll just go do it. This is still my house. This to me was a person giving AI a prompt and the prompt not working.
Speaker 2: Do you think that house was a replica of his house?
Speaker 4: I yeah, the house that he was in I think was a replica of his house. Wondering because he was talking about memories and you know, I again, I think that that has to do with you feed AI what you want to feed it, and then it just takes what you're giving it and it fucking spits something out and half the time what it spits out is just half way wrong.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. It's not sold on the AI thing yet.
Speaker 4: I'm not all the way sold on it, but I'm like nine, it makes this was a commentary on AI.
Speaker 7: It makes sense, But I don't know.
Speaker 2: What are you thinking?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: You got any.
Speaker 7: Right now? Like I said, just a just an altered kind of universe and like like like like I said, like the like the Stranger Things and like the like us, uh, we're we're tied to this altered.
Speaker 4: Universe of our of what reality is.
Speaker 7: So it's like a distorted reality away from our normal reality. I feel like they had the commentary in it, but again, like I like y'all saying here, I would have to see it, you know again, you know what I'm saying to kind of get the dialogue here, because I'm sure it says it in the dialogue at some point, especially between therapists, because they say something about looking through the window and things like that and obviously just being closed off, like where you where are you throwing?
Speaker 4: Where are these things going? You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: I heard that reversing a lot, like like yeah, when you shut off different people and.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, you know he cut the lady's wig off. I don't know if y'all like that ship and put it on her head.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because he wanted it to look like he wanted he wanted the therapist that he was arguing with to look more like his wife. Which that was still another thing, because it's like people talk to AI like it's, you know, a relationship, but it doesn't look exactly how you want it to, so you force it to look like.
Speaker 2: Don't get me wrong, their lines up, it's just the timing justice some.
Speaker 1: Of the other dialogue ride when they were going through this whole because now he's initiating the role playing session and so a couple of things she explodes on him. She just lets him have it. That's why I told y'all, she chid, uh he needed like this, Yeah, because she said is the perfect Okay, so you think she was right Spike that he winds and doesn't accept responsibility for ship's everything.
Speaker 7: A therapist probably want to say to you, Yeah, that's what I'm saying. So it's just like, I don't know, man, it's like this alternate thing down there.
Speaker 1: And then Clark even walk with Mike he had he admits that he likes it there. He said he feels like this is right where he's supposed to be, and it's almost like he's hiding away from the rest of the world, and the way she exploded to him. He was like, damn shit, you're fucking right. And then that's when he kind of agreed to let her go. But and I'm trying, I'm trying to remember what she said because I wonder if this was also her unpacking her issues on him, and the role playing sort of switched because she had the mama issues because she had dreamed about a mama right before she walked up.
Speaker 4: I don't remember anything. I don't remember her saying anything that related to her child. I remember her just going off on him, saying that he's always blaming his issues for something else. If it's this, you're gonna say it's this. If it's you know, if this happens to you're going to say it's this other thing. And then she's like, oh, and if you if this happens, you say it's your brain. But you are your brain, you fucking dip shit. I remember all that. I don't remember that that was it.
Speaker 1: I think that was at her mom because I didn't understand the brain thing.
Speaker 2: Did he say the brain thing? Does it seemed to come out of nowhere?
Speaker 4: I don't know if he said that or not, I don't. I didn't again, I gotta see it again. I wasn't. I wasn't taking anything she said as a reference to her mother.
Speaker 1: That line threw me off because I was like, when did he say something about the brain?
Speaker 2: You are your fucking brain, you dip shit.
Speaker 4: Well I think it's I think she was just commenting on the fact that every time something is happening, you're blaming it on something else, and you're constantly acting like everybody else is the problem, when in reality, maybe you're the issue. But that is something that a I would not tell you. AI was gonna tell you what you know. It's only going to base its responses on on what you feed it. So he was trying to get the answer that he wanted. So that's how I took that whole scene, especially when we get to the to the to the eating.
Speaker 1: Party again walks in, Yeah, the darker version of Clark because at this and this is why I'm kind of wondering if it was there's this darker version of him. And when he finally was like, damn, you know what, You're right, the darker version, it was like, ah, shit, shit, well, I gotta get rid of you, because this darker, twisted side of me is killing everything. Here's another thing I was wondering, y'all, is that I wonder if we see not to jump ahead, but we see their other verse. We know there are other versions of them in there. So I wondered if the white guy was killed by another version of him. And I guess Clark killed the assistant manager. I think he said that the one that was in the refrigerator. But I was wondering if the white guy because remember there was a white shirt end of Apartho, So I'm wondering if his version killed him the way that Clark version was killing everybody else.
Speaker 7: I thought you were going to explain that part, I thought, because you brought that up. We notice the head that was down there. What were you implying as far as the guy was concerned, because it's.
Speaker 4: I don't know that it was I was implying anything specifically about the guy. I think that that was AI trying to create. So everything that AI created, or everything the back rooms created, was slightly off. So I don't know if that was a person within the clothes or if that person was connected to the clothes. All I know is there was a face inside the clothes. And again this trace is back to how people described how AI was in its infancy. You would tell it, create me a building, and it would create a building, but then there'd be like a random ass fucking window that makes no sense, or you know, you see, even now it says, well, create give me a give me an AI picture of Donald Trump, and Donald Trump will have seven fingers because AI is quote unquote learning, but it hasn't perfected this kind of ship yet, but it mimics, that's the thing. So that's why I think that whole part meant like when he when Clark is eating the weird back rooms people, Captain Clark, no, just regular Clark, right, and then Captain Clark comes in picks him up and bites him. I think that that was supposed to reference, like AI learning, AI mimicking people, because it was like, why would he bite him? Why wouldn't he just fucking break his neck?
Speaker 2: Because because I was thinking that it was like.
Speaker 1: That he was willing to change and he accept the responsibility, and that version of him in that world wants to be in that world, right, And so again I think I also think it was kind of symbolic of eating where at the pain or whatever, because he was like, it's okay, she says, we don't have to change exactly. Yeah, So that's what I was thinking, you know. But all I know is that the other lady didn't wait to stand around and find out that motherfucker was out bro. She already knew what something and the other thing I can't figure out if because because I think the scientists may have been killed by a version of him, and I think Clark's version was running around killing them, but then Clark's version attacked her.
Speaker 2: But I think because she convinced him to change that she was a threat.
Speaker 4: He never bought into it. That's why she didn't have I don't think he had a version in there, not at that time. We get to her version later, yes, but it wasn't created in that time like it was created, Okay. So I think that there was a version of the The End of Apartheid guy and probably the assistant because they've been going into that store, so the store had seen them, so it would it would have created another version of them. I can see that, but I don't think it would have created another version of the doctor because she never been there.
Speaker 2: She hadn't been there enough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, well anyway, this last scene is just her being chased by Captain Clark.
Speaker 2: What did you guys think about all of this that was happening.
Speaker 1: I will say that when she was jumping on the front of this lady for whatever reason beside me Rod, when she fell and Mester Bretney.
Speaker 4: She jumped my theater, did I say somebody might who really big deal?
Speaker 7: They were doing anything else too?
Speaker 4: I was like, what it was like, what's the big deal?
Speaker 7: She just tripped?
Speaker 2: Okay, well, okay, I guess that's start folks.
Speaker 4: I guess so that was weird.
Speaker 1: But uh, despite what you think, what you'all think about this? Anybody, what y'all think about this final chase scene of a white woman and chased by a large black man.
Speaker 4: I thought I thought they executed it well.
Speaker 7: I thought they did it well, Like especially like the slow chase.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he not moving faster.
Speaker 7: You think he's not moving fast enough, but he's right there. And just the way he was looking just looked crazy so like and just the way the cameras, you know, you kind of see him getting closer, like even when he's it's like, I don't.
Speaker 4: Know, man, I don't know.
Speaker 7: It was just something intriguing about it, just like how the rest of the movie was in the back rooms when you go through them. They did the same thing with the chase. They did the same thing with the chase, and they executed it really, really well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 5: I think that the chase was great because in the back room, like you never knew what was gonna pop up, Like in a normal chase, you know, the one stretch they get away or they go through this door, they maybe can get away here.
Speaker 3: You never know what you're running in.
Speaker 2: Trying to constantly watch it.
Speaker 7: At some points it's like, oh, he's right there, like going there, you don't know what's in there.
Speaker 4: So it was good and they good shot.
Speaker 7: They did a good job because how did he ended up?
Speaker 2: She uh fall? He had up falling smart?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I did that.
Speaker 3: That's what I was thinking.
Speaker 5: They donna catch me in there, right, he would have caught your ass, BI, we probably would have.
Speaker 4: You went out of places to go.
Speaker 2: Well, they had to.
Speaker 1: Weaken her so they you know, have heard her legs make her wound Doug, So yeah, it made to make it make more sense.
Speaker 5: The door ship was crazy walk and then you go and all of them were broke off.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I could have, I guess I would have had no choice.
Speaker 3: I'm too clumps, I would I would have filled off the steps ship.
Speaker 1: Oh that was like yeah, But she makes her way all the way back out and now they're a container set up. So Phil found the location and went up and set everything to make sure that nothing gets out, and she trips over the cutout and sets gas off in the whole motherfucker.
Speaker 2: So she gassed fuck herself.
Speaker 1: And because she fail, she's crawling on the ground, which enabled the thing Captain Clark to grab her. So, Mike, you were saying earlier that she was killing this thing with.
Speaker 4: She killed it with the impression of her house. Why is she walking around with that ship anyway?
Speaker 7: Who knows it was sentimental?
Speaker 2: I think?
Speaker 4: But yeah, but why was she caring because it was at her house before?
Speaker 7: Why did she even I felt like it was like a security thing. Yeah, okay, I.
Speaker 4: Think it's probably that, and it served to make the point of you know, she had a tangible thing from her memories and that's what stopped the AI Clark. She never gave in to accepting that this is a real place. She was just like this is fucked up and I want to get out of here. I don't want to be here, you know. And the same with the assistant. The assistant never wanted to stay there, that's true, Yeah, killed her. Same thing with the apartheid guy. He was like, I don't want to be here, and it killed him. But when it captured Clark, Clark eventually was just like, Okay, well, I guess this place is all right. I'm gonna stick around.
Speaker 1: No, the part I got he he was excited about being there. I think just the first yeah, it was like I'm out. Yeah, But you're right about the assistant manager, because Clark even said he was like, yeah, I tried to get on board. Machine want to listen. I mean, you know, you see where she at.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it.
Speaker 4: Sounds I mean, I know, y'all not all the way on board, but that sounds again to me like someone trying to push the whole AI on somebody. If you don't accept it, you're gonna get left behind. And he even said it when he stabbed the dude in the head, he was like, they don't feel pain. They're like furniture. They're not real they're they're not based in reality, They're just based on what I have fed them. Like the idea is that I that have been fed to this thing. But now the end sequence was was was really good, really good. I bought that she couldn't get away from that fucking thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they made it all make sense, Like came really do the job of making everything that happened to her made sense, even her getting blasted when she walked through that hole and then fucking science scientists, he flasted the.
Speaker 2: Funk out of it.
Speaker 4: I want to do the found what you want? Was like, what the fuck is that?
Speaker 2: He lit her ass up with that damn cad.
Speaker 1: And then we get the end of the movie where Phil is just basically trying to interview her about the experience, but we find out he goes there every day and he wants to know about and he says he wants to know about the doors. He said, doors are opening everywhere, And this is why I was starting to think that these doors have been out there. Her mom probably was in one of those zones way back in the day. And then I think she starts to kind of zone out, and she's remembering her mom's old house which was bought by something called crest Ridge Towers. And then we started to see just different scenes of like the neighborhood turning inside and out. So Mike's thinking, AI, what did you guys think about the interrogation?
Speaker 2: Huh?
Speaker 4: What was the very last scene?
Speaker 2: Oh? And then of course her being in there all like this.
Speaker 4: Did you notice that it wasn't her? It was it was an AI? I think AI, but it was the face was fucked up. It was like multiple versions of the eyes.
Speaker 2: And was a version of her?
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, But this was right after they went through all of her memories, so I think this was her memory, you know, remembering what she went through as a kid or whatever. The fuck this thing taking those memories trying to spit it back, and it spit back a fucked up version of her. I don't think that was actually her.
Speaker 1: It was just it was it was her version of Captain Clark exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So you think they let her go.
Speaker 4: I don't know if they let her go not because the dude said, because she says, you know, I get away, and he was like, well it's not.
Speaker 2: It ain't up to me, because remember he looked at somebody in that window.
Speaker 4: The dude said, Phil, he's as uh, in all of recorded history, this is the most important thing we have ever come across. But he's like, but I can't even explain it. And then they go back to the whole thing about describing a dog and having and telling somebody to draw. Yeah, I mean that's yeah.
Speaker 2: I thought that this was.
Speaker 1: Her remembering the ship about her mom and coming to peace within herself that her mom probably wasn't crazy after all. And and remember there was a tape that they were listening to called The Window with Then, and it was Auto would take Clark would listen to that ship, and I think she saw a commercial of it too.
Speaker 4: Clark was quoting.
Speaker 5: Clark was quoting her to herself when they would eating, when they were sitting at the table, and when.
Speaker 4: She first got back, Remember he wasn't quoting her, he wasn't say it right because he'd been in. In my opinion, the AI play too long, so when you're retiting, when you're reciting something back, it's always off.
Speaker 1: I so the winner with Then, I thought that that's why I think it was just about like internalized issues.
Speaker 5: Maybe I thought it was about escapeism. I don't, but I don't know how that ties in with the therapist at the end, though, I just thought that Clark was trying to escape the real world and found this place that he thought he could not feel pain and just got stuck there. But the AI think makes a lot of sense to especially with what Phil said at the end about the most important thing that ever happened. I feel like people would try to sell AI like that in the nineties.
Speaker 4: And I don't know why he would think he couldn't feel pain in there. If he saw his funking assistant get their head chopped off, and if he just saw the dude get fucking killed, I would he assume he's not gonna feel pain in there.
Speaker 7: They felt pain for real.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So overall, I think because of the success, I think they got something here.
Speaker 2: He just got to build on it.
Speaker 1: This he being Kane Parsons, because there's so much that we don't know, oh you talk about. I think that he can get a couple of movies out of this ship. I think you should do this one. I don't think we have any reason to return to this world. I think that sequels end up cheapening the brilliance of the first one.
Speaker 4: It's like leave it alone. You made a great movie.
Speaker 2: Only because I saw the web series.
Speaker 1: I think they can squeeze one more out, more stories, huh yeah. And there's because I don't know if you're gonna watch it, so I'm not gonna say anything.
Speaker 2: So that's why I'm not gonna say.
Speaker 1: Anything about like how they got to all this thing, the thing with the company and stuff like that. I think there's I think they could squeeze out one more.
Speaker 2: So that's what I was gonna say.
Speaker 7: I think there's still room to explain who these scientists are and what this company is, right, because like I said, I'm still not completely sold on the AI thing. I think it's something that whoever these scientists in this company is, they created it, and it's created it, and it's starting to create this I don't think so. I think it's starting to create this uh not like multiverse, but like this alternate reality. That's what it seems like to me.
Speaker 4: They were they built so that company built MRI machines, So I don't see how they would have created this this because unless Phil's lying. Phil was like we kind of stumbled upon it. And now I come here every day just trying to learn about it. That would be weird if it was like, well, we created.
Speaker 2: It, so how would they just stumble upon this thing upon it?
Speaker 1: No, I think that the whatever because remember they were an MRI company when they built this machine. So something happened where ship got out of whack, and now it's kind of what roder' is saying, they're creating it.
Speaker 4: About what Phil said, though, I don't think Phil said that.
Speaker 2: Phil is the one. He didn't.
Speaker 4: He didn't go into she just ain't going to and everybody's but he.
Speaker 7: But he said stuff like it's not up to me, stuff like that, So it makes me feel like it's somebody else that's not feel like somebody else over this thing that's gotten out of hand. We see this in movies all the time, like this, like this quantum lea type of situation or something like.
Speaker 2: Kind of like Wanda Vision.
Speaker 4: No. Yeah, I took from what Phil was saying that it's not up to me whether or not you can leave here. I have bosses, sure, but I didn't take that as we created this and we just can't handle it, because he doesn't say anything like that. What he's saying applies the opposite.
Speaker 2: Well, I do think they're exploring it.
Speaker 1: So now there's this sort of scientific curiosity about whatever happened about with the machine about because I think they whatever this anomaly is or whatever's going on, they don't know why it's doing what it's doing, and they're trying to get as much research as possible. I think him saying that it's not up to me about whether you leave is that if she leaves, she's a threat to reveal whateverever it's happened to everybody else. And I think that this company probably bought that area because that area is an access point and they needed to shut it down.
Speaker 4: I agree with all of that, just not the part that they created it. That wouldn't make a lot of sense to me. I think they.
Speaker 7: Oh, that's the reason why I don't think that is because he would ask He was asking those questions like how did you get inside of here? Like how did you get there?
Speaker 3: I think because they still gathering dat on.
Speaker 5: I think the reason I think that they found it is because the has made suits and the things that they had on even in the beginning, like they were like exploring trying to see what it was versus created.
Speaker 7: Sure, they probably found it, but they're probably wondering how people are getting inside of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, altered, we got that part, Like, that's the access points they're wondering. They're wondering how how many access points there are, and they're figuring out that there's access points popping up all over the place. I'm with y'all on all of that. I'm just not with y'all on they created it and it got out of hand, because that's not the impression that Phil gave at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I feel like it started as something like they what do they call it? I guess it's just like Stranger Things. To me, it's like this rip like of alternate universe. That's what it feels like to me. It feels like Stranger Things.
Speaker 4: It did feel like Stranger Things. It was a fucking version of the upside Down because even at the beginning when the camera is going through the floors, which was a dope thing, it was just like the version of that room just got weirder and weirder and more off the further down it went. But yeah, I mean, I think that the fact that they didn't even use like a bunch of CGI for this. They specifically used practical effects on almost everything here. I just feel like that's the point they were making. And now after today, I would definitely go watch a whole bunch of reviews to see if anybody else.
Speaker 2: Is saying it.
Speaker 1: So it killed it bro in terms of real quick rod ten mil budget nice eighteen.
Speaker 4: N I didn't see the budget part.
Speaker 3: I saw how much it aid good for him do whatever you want on his next.
Speaker 2: For real, for real, I wouldn't even make another movie.
Speaker 7: I was just about to say, like, I'm really starting to think about the Stranger Things and.
Speaker 4: How that was a group of.
Speaker 7: Scientists right that discovered this thing or whatever. It's a thing that was kind of there, but why Because they were fucking around they discovered it.
Speaker 4: So maybe they just didn't necessarily create it.
Speaker 7: They just discovered it, right, and it was this thing that's already and they're trying to figure out, Okay, how does this thing work?
Speaker 4: That's what we said. I'm just what I'm saying, be ignoring the ship out of us.
Speaker 3: Does this web series date back further than Stranger Things?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: No it doesn't, because Stranger Things went five seasons, six seasons, and I think the web series only started like a couple of years ago, but.
Speaker 7: Strange things before the pandemic or after.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think the web series was twenty nineteen. I think is when it started.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's twenty nineteen.
Speaker 4: So when it hey, what the web series was started in twenty nineteen, he'd been in for a minute.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's when. Yeah, I think so, Yeah.
Speaker 4: I thought this dude, Okay, so if he's only twenty, yeah, he was one of that's a team. So he started this when he was fourteen, making these when he was fourteen. Man, damn, bro, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: No, I said twenty twenty two.
Speaker 4: That's what I thought.
Speaker 2: It was a couple of years. Yeah.
Speaker 1: After uploading the web series in January twenty twenty two.
Speaker 4: A lot of me I was wrong. I read. I guess it was the would you say, I.
Speaker 2: Don't know where I got twenty nineteen from?
Speaker 3: What do YouTube?
Speaker 2: Anyway?
Speaker 3: F chan? F chan?
Speaker 1: Yeah, four chan, Fortune four chan. I like that one of them changed anyway. That's it, man, that's back rooms. Man. I'm really curious to hear what you guys theories are as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let me know if I'm tripping.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know, because I don't think, because I don't think the web series. It gives information, but it's also really kind of an open to and it's you know, so it's still a lot of things that we don't people don't know what is, what's happening.
Speaker 2: It's kind of like, it's really kind of cool.
Speaker 1: It's like this opening the world that people just started creating their own versions of it.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna watch it, man, I'm definitely gonna I'm definitely gonna watch it.
Speaker 2: I think his was the one that got the most popular.
Speaker 4: Oh there's other ones, Yeah, I think there are other Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's all kind of sort of fan fiction about back rooms from fortune.
Speaker 2: But his was the one that got Oh I see, it's crazy, bro.
Speaker 4: So he didn't create the idea of back rooms. He found ice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he watched things and now it's really dope.
Speaker 4: Man, it's yeah, kudos to this kid many years old. That's fucking amazing.
Speaker 1: All Right, Well, let us know what you guys think and we'll cut you guys next time.
Speaker 2: We got piece