Speaker 1: The Frames per Second Podcast.
Speaker 2: All right, welcome to another episode of The Frame Second Podcast.
Speaker 3: I'm hot with any of My name is Mike me. I have Spike.
Speaker 2: Across from Spike, I have Ken Can, I have Rod. And today we are discussing shows that went on too damn long, and I am going to start.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna start with Rod. What you got?
Speaker 5: What's your first one? I feel like the obvious one is Walking Dead.
Speaker 2: I meant to make myself go first and I forgot.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Walking Dead went way way too long once they realized that, and it's still long.
Speaker 4: I can't. I don't even watch it anymore.
Speaker 5: And a lot of people start falling off, like like when they started seeing people just kind of falling off, it's time to wrap it up, Like it's time.
Speaker 4: It's time to wrap it up, y'all.
Speaker 5: And the fact that y'all are still going with this show, it's crazy.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: Norton Read is like maybe two days ago, just said he's done.
Speaker 6: Oh really, because he just the Daryl Didson that's the last season, or.
Speaker 3: I said, this is it? He said, after fifteen years of playing Darryl Dixon, he's done.
Speaker 6: Yeah he yeah, dog, just just because I haven't watched the last season. Last season, yeah, and I know y'all tried to.
Speaker 5: Tell me, yeah, but I'm like, nah, I'm good, y'all.
Speaker 4: I'm I'm good.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm dead.
Speaker 5: I'm walking dead out, I'm walking dead out man. So yeah, this ran way too long. They could have.
Speaker 4: Man, they could have wrapped this up really well.
Speaker 2: They could have, but because those first I was watching the first season just because it's on Pluto. That was when I was getting up and I was like, man, this show used to be so fucking.
Speaker 3: Good man, yeah, so good, and then it just.
Speaker 4: All apart, right, Yeah, it could have.
Speaker 5: It could have been in the talks, like like how we talk about the wires.
Speaker 4: And sopranos, if you just would have wrapped it up nicely.
Speaker 2: And just leave it alone, just just give us five solid yeah, and then stop it.
Speaker 5: You're going for money grabs, and that's why you're messing up the fucking seasons.
Speaker 4: We don't need this, yeah, man, this is crazy.
Speaker 1: Fifteen seasons. It's insane. I'm still talking.
Speaker 4: About the one with Rick. Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, the main one technically ended, but then they just there's been three fucking spinoffs and they've all been bad. Yeah, the Maggie Show was decent, but then it just got it got bad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Walking Dad, that is a good one. Ken What you Got for your first.
Speaker 6: One one of my favorite shows of all time.
Speaker 4: But twenty four mm hm you think it went on too long?
Speaker 1: I do?
Speaker 4: Why?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 6: Well, first of all, we're used to the the idea of the show, and they didn't really introduced any different villains. It was always people overseas, so and you know, I think it just got the Jack is my guy forever bro. But it's just like, how many different ways can you tell this story? And that was that was the issue for me after a while. And then they brought in another a black guy. They brought in a black twenty four.
Speaker 3: I didn't even watch that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I watched the first episode.
Speaker 3: Always late.
Speaker 4: Was first episode.
Speaker 2: He's already late, God damn.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: It was a dude who played in straight out of comfortable yep, yep. So when you start doing that, it's like, oh, but yeah.
Speaker 3: Four don't need black power. No, all right, that's a good one.
Speaker 4: Like what you Got, you.
Speaker 7: Gonna go with Weeds. If y'all watched Weeds that came on Showtime, Nancy Botwin, It was really good when it started, like that was one of those shows like that kind of to start prestige TV. You get you must watch, and then it just got crazy when the kids started spoiler killing people and she started dating the cartail balls it was, It got wild, but it started out as a really strong show.
Speaker 1: So Weeds definitely went on.
Speaker 4: That is a very good one.
Speaker 1: That is a very good one.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 2: So for my first one, since Rod took while I'm dead, I'm surprised Ken didn't take this, but Heroes, Heroes should have ended after one season. Heroes had no fucking business making that trash ass second season, and it sure as fuck had no business bringing this ship.
Speaker 3: Back fucking eight years later and being bad again. What are you to do it? How do you keep making this mistake? Because the first.
Speaker 2: Season was phenomenal and I keep wanting to go back and rewatch it, but I can't make myself do it because I know that it ends on the cliffhanger and there's nothing that.
Speaker 3: Makes it good.
Speaker 2: So Heroes is definitely mine, Rod, What is your second?
Speaker 5: My second one, it's kind of similar to to Walking Dead, like because it started creating other spinoffs or whatever, and I think that's they shouldn't have did that. It was obviously going after that money grab. But Power Power. I feel like the regular season itself with Ghosts is fine, but then you try to go out of these money grabs and just extend the series, and I always was against that.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I just think that it's running way too long. There.
Speaker 5: There's some we've gotten some good stuff out of it, like the Raising Canaan. I think we had some good seasons with that. You got Forced with Tommy and then you got the Tyree two. It's like, come on, y'all, another one. Oh my god. Yeah, see that's just crazy. That's just ridiculous. They just need to cut it out, just stop it. Just tie this up in the bowl. Just let's go ahead and end this thing. Stop trying to go after the month for this series and just ended like it's just too much. Man, it's too much. People are really trying to hold onto this. But yeah, that's another one. I just kind of let go. Even Kanean. I like Kane Raising Kenny, but even that it's getting out of it. I thought I was getting out of here, and I didn't watch their last one. I still hadn'tatch y'all watched. Yeah, I still at even haven't watched that.
Speaker 4: I mean, we were, we were reviewing it. We're not even reviewing it anymore. It was good, Mike. I don't know if you ever went back and washing it. It's the best one was like one of the best ones out of yeah, of all of them.
Speaker 3: But I think I only watched a little bit of the one that Tarik was on, and I was like.
Speaker 5: Oh, yeah, no, not that one, you can I launched that even though even though yeah, yeah, yeah, even though that one got more tolerable a little bit. But still, it's just I like that it's unnecessary. It's unnecessary. It's unnecessary.
Speaker 4: After the first episode Power the originally liked the original. You didn't watch none of it. We got watched all of it. Bro, we got some good ghost money moments. Man, that's something.
Speaker 1: We got some good ghost moments. Man was quotes ever was bro? He was He told his wife, I just lost the woman.
Speaker 4: World.
Speaker 5: Dare you how fucking dare you got?
Speaker 3: It was funny.
Speaker 5: It wasn't it was a perfect show. It wasn't a perfect show. But man, we got some money. We got some moments from Power God. All right, So Ken your second one scandal.
Speaker 6: I never watched good seasons, and the first couple of seasons were fire, yes, and then they just just kept It's like at some point they just ran out of the ship to do and yeah, it just I don't want to say anything for the people that I don't know if anybody will ever go watch it, but yeah, Carrie, Carrie Washington, Olivia Pope was the man, and then they just she was still powerful, but they gave her too much power and then that became an issue. Then there was in fighting and all kinds of other ship just started happening. Then they did a crossover between that and How to Get Away with Murder. Yeah, and that was in the last the last season episodes. Season seven, Yeah, did a crossover, which was cool. But yeah, then yeah, it was it was just, yeah, it just became unbelievable. So but yeah, Olivia Pope was though man.
Speaker 1: She was it. But yeah, they just they just went too.
Speaker 3: Far, all right, one of these days.
Speaker 5: All probably always said I was going to give it a try, but I just ain't finished to get away with either.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, Spike, second one, what.
Speaker 7: You got second one I have is prison break, my boy, Michael Schofield dirty by the ending of like that. Those first two seasons of television are incredible, and then you get the season three it's like, all right, bro, like it ain't too much, but you know, more prisons is the breakout of Like that's the flow of having a show where you break out of prison, because once they get out, and then it's like, okay, what are we doing now? Yeah, now you got to go back to jail, your worst jail and break out of this one even less uh material, Like now, bro, I don't believe it. And then the ending was one of the worst endings to a series I've ever ever scene.
Speaker 2: Shows liked on my list, but I just have not been able to hit play because it looks like it's gonna be stupid.
Speaker 7: It's not stop after the first you're going to enjoy the first two seasons so much, and in this disrespect that they put, they disrespected the fans with the finale, Well.
Speaker 3: All right, maybe I won't bother then we'll see, all right.
Speaker 2: So for my second I have a show that maybe only maybe Spike is seen, but I doubt y'all have watched it.
Speaker 3: But thirteen Reasons why, oh yeah.
Speaker 5: Watch that, Yeah, we reviewed the first one. I thought we reviewed the second one too, because it's only two right.
Speaker 3: And that, yeah, it's either two or three seasons.
Speaker 2: That sure should have ended after the first season, because the first season, to me, was great. It was a very tight show explaining why this woman unlived herself. It was four seasons, yeah, yeah, and it just gets worse and fucking worse.
Speaker 4: Yeah, fucking worse.
Speaker 2: It's it's disrespectful because the first season was done so well with these letters and breaking down what's happening, and then you get to the end and you're like, oh my god, this is so fucked up. It was a perfect ending for a show. And then they're like, Nope, let's let's let's add three more seasons to this and follow around people that we don't give a fuck about.
Speaker 4: So yeah, no, that's a good.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I mean they're doing the same thing with Task. They bringing that back for no reason. No, I think they're just trying to do some night true detective ship.
Speaker 3: I think that's right.
Speaker 1: That's right. That's what makes no sense, That's.
Speaker 3: Right, all right.
Speaker 2: So third and last, Rod, what you got?
Speaker 5: I think I told you all about this show, but I I started watching it and honestly, man kind of like what you said, Like, I just feel like it was it's slightly different.
Speaker 4: It's killing Eve. Anybody's seen Killing Eve.
Speaker 5: It's list to watch. But yeah, but it just begins, it just starts to get cool. It's like they're running the story. I don't even know if it's ended now it's on this fourth season. I don't even know if that was the season finale. I hadn't even looked into it. But really, after the first season, it's like they just couldn't capture what that first season was, and like, I feel like they just should have started wrapping it up because it's just like now you're just trying to trying to do shit, Like you're just throwing shit at the wall, and it's like, Okay, what are y'all doing? Like you just kind of see it kind of spiraling out of control story wise, and it's just not as intriguing as it as it was. So I feel like this is one of those one where y'all just should have just made it a limited series and it would have been perfect. I think I think it would have been perfect. Y'all just made this limited series. Like I said, I'm not even sure if it's still going on.
Speaker 4: Let's see.
Speaker 5: I know it's on this fourth one and it could have gotten better, but the second season just wasn't what the what the first one was or it was either the third one one one with the first two words, remember how that went. But yeah, it definitely starts to like kind of lag after that first season.
Speaker 4: So yeah, killing it would be my last one?
Speaker 2: All right, killing eve Ken? What you got for your third and last Blacklist?
Speaker 6: With James s Pader Mike the first couple of seasons fantastic television. Bro, Like, it is great, the mystery they built around it, Bro, this guy is the absolute truth.
Speaker 1: What's his name, James, Yeah, that's that.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to think of the.
Speaker 3: Red Red Oh yeah, yeah, man.
Speaker 6: Bro, he's great, Like he's he's a master of this criminal underworld enterprise and he has this this connecttion to this FBI agent and they build up mystery and mystique and intrigue and.
Speaker 4: Then somehow, some way it just all fell apart.
Speaker 7: Those twenty two episode seasons, I think it is, and it still comes on today, right.
Speaker 6: It's done. It's the yeah, because they made a really poor decision and you know, and they and I still don't know why they kept going. Yeah, but yeah, they just kept going and going, and I think they're just stopping all of these criminals that are like specializing in areas.
Speaker 4: They're almost like super villains, you know.
Speaker 6: And and he because he's part of it, know how they all operaate, has all these connections and he saw these these uh you know, these crimes and then there's this connection with the FBI agent and all kind of shit.
Speaker 4: Bro it.
Speaker 6: It is really really great and it just the facts just fell of art.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yep.
Speaker 3: All right, Blacklist Spike.
Speaker 4: Last one is Californication.
Speaker 1: Yeah you seen. I heard it was good.
Speaker 7: It is really it's witty, it's funny the first couple of seasons, but then they just milk it as far as like like real in the last season, random like like because it's not the type of show that would he actually did a job, but he was like they had a Dayton making Good and then it was it's just just just like it just completely dropped the shot. And like Making Good was smitten with David Koon, like like she was super attracted to him, which I did not believe at all, But it just it went from a witty, funny, like smart show to like, okay, they's just it's over over the top, like I't doing way too much, but it is worth checking out.
Speaker 1: There's some really funny moments.
Speaker 3: Okay, I still got it there.
Speaker 6: But.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we only have one more and that's mine. But it's still recording something.
Speaker 6: Okay, weird you like a two or three minute oh yeah, the whole episode?
Speaker 1: Like well, damn.
Speaker 2: All right, Well from my last one, I had to pick between two, and I think I'm going with Orange is the New Black.
Speaker 3: It did not need seven seasons not to tell.
Speaker 4: The story of this little white girl that is thrown to jail.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: Granted, I can't say that I necessarily disliked the later seasons, but they didn't have the magic of the earlier seasons because once they broke every I don't know if y'all remember or even.
Speaker 4: I just still hadn't finished.
Speaker 2: You didn't finish it once they This isn't a spoiler, but once they kind of broke people up and started putting them in different prisons, it was like, why are y'all doing this? The magic of this show is everyone together and doing all this crazy ship in this prison but now that you've moved people all over the place, it's like, why am I watching this? I don't care about this? And then I don't care about this. I care about this together. So yeah, the last the last, at least the last season and a half, I remember just being like, wrap this up, be because I think we're over it.
Speaker 1: So honorable mention is from.
Speaker 3: Still enjoy it.
Speaker 4: I'll enjoying, but I enjoy it.
Speaker 2: I agree with you. I want some answers, but I'm still cool.
Speaker 4: Watch I enjoy and killing.
Speaker 5: It did stop at four, but I still think for it's probably too many, all right, I'm just curious.
Speaker 4: What was the other one?
Speaker 3: My other honorable My honor I mentioned was Handmai's Taale.
Speaker 4: Okay, I wanted to watch that, but I wasn't.
Speaker 5: I never got around yet watch it those first like two three seasons.
Speaker 3: I can't remember how many seasons it was.
Speaker 4: Is it over? It's over?
Speaker 3: And the last season was fucking stupid. But for anyone that's.
Speaker 2: Watched it, it's like the whole story of Gilead was so goddamn good, and the whole story of her trying to get out of Gilead was so goddamn good.
Speaker 3: But then when it became oh she's out, nope, psych she's back in. Oh she's out, nope no pa haa haa, she's back in.
Speaker 2: It was like, all right, man, this is dumb. This is fucking dumb. But I still think it's worth watching. I still think it's worth watching.
Speaker 4: It's one of the.
Speaker 2: Most heavy shows I've ever seen. Again, there's not a single happy moment. And this God, every fucking episode is like god, it look.
Speaker 3: These women.
Speaker 2: But when you watch it and you start looking at what's happening today, it is wild super because when you watch the show, you're like, oh, this could never happen.
Speaker 3: Then it starts happening.
Speaker 2: But anyway, that was my honorable mention to anybody quickly have any honorable mention they want to throw out there.
Speaker 4: I thought somebody was gonna say Game of Thrones.
Speaker 2: I don't think necessarily that Game Thrones went on to long ended.
Speaker 3: I just think it ended bad. Yeah, because I think it was what five eight eight?
Speaker 1: It was eight seasons.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well take that back.
Speaker 4: To the last three episodes, right.
Speaker 2: I don't think I'm ever thinking like this show is getting really stupid.
Speaker 7: It's just the last three episodes when like the Mirror de Naris like turn Crazy.
Speaker 3: Yes, it just did not end well.
Speaker 2: If it ended well, it would have been a super legendary eight season show. See the fact that I thought it was five just kind of shows like it didn't drag on. Ah, Okay, y'all can't do it like me didn't drag all right, anybody else?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think we all right.
Speaker 2: Thank y'all for listening, and yeah, let us know what you'd like us to talk about. Drop some comments in the there's now a comment section on Spotify now right, even though Fox Spotify, but you know, at least some comments on there anyway.
Speaker 3: And we will be with y'all next time we're out