Speaker 1: The Frames per Second Podcast. All right, welcome everybody to the Frames per Second Podcast. Can it be in here with Spike, Mike and Small Time Hero. Welcome back, Thank you for joining us. Go ahead and let everybody know where they can find you and listen to you or watch you.
Speaker 2: Okay, you guys, you can find me on YouTube at small Time World. You can also find you on all social media platforms as small Time Underscore Hero. That's all social media platforms. It's all the same thing.
Speaker 3: But yeah, that's where y'all get fined yet.
Speaker 1: All right, So she's been with us all day actually, so if you guys enjoy her commentary on the Boys, she's also covered the Boys?
Speaker 4: Is that correct?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yes, all right, the finale episode coming out tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Okay, and they'll be able to watch that everywhere you're at.
Speaker 2: Yeah, on YouTube, just YouTube, YouTube. Okay, it'll be clips on social media, but it'll be.
Speaker 1: Just okay, all right, cool cool, cool, cool cool. So yeah, sou and how did you do that? You did it episode by episode. Okay, so there you go. So you guys definitely go check out her episodic recap of all of that. In this episode, we are doing a season five recap, So we will be talking about the season overall, which means that there will be stuff that we will be missing here there or you know, because we can't remember everything that happened, so it's more of an overview of what happened. So yeah, and you can also check her out on x men the last stand that we did, which was a fun review, and then we just finished Man Delorian and Grogul live review which is on the YouTube channel as you can watch that as well, and of course make sure you guys check out the Patreon for solo reviews, trailer reactions, and other exclusive content. In addition, you get everything early before everybody else, so you paid for privilege to a certain degree. But but we will get y'all up. But anyway, moving on to the boy. So this is the final season, right, yes, okay, all right? Overall thoughts on this season and how everything ANDed, Mike.
Speaker 5: It was pretty lackluster. Honestly, I don't think it was bad. I didn't hate it, but when it ended, I was like, okay, cool, that's it all right, moving on with my day.
Speaker 6: Then I guess, okay, Spike, Yeah it didn't suck, and that ain't just high praise he be looking at it. The boys world is always fun, like when you watching the show, but it was just like okay, yeah, uh.
Speaker 1: For me, glad it's over. I think that after a while you kind of get used to some of the stuff that they're doing, like the guy when they were the thirty fifth errimid to try to replay V one and he's bleeding out of his ass stuff like that. At some point their crew yeah, yeah, it don't hit the same, you know. And I was also wondering, like where else could they really go with the story. So overall, I thought the season was fun, but it felt like in between it was a lot of just kind of filler to get to the conclusion of the series. And I don't think they did a good job of integrating Jim V and this shit either at all.
Speaker 4: They just threw that over there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think they didn't realize they were going to cancel it, so it got they knew before. Yeah it got canceled, but I thought they didn't.
Speaker 3: They wrote it like they didn't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, you're talking about V GENV.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, it got canceled after they recorded their scene. From what I understand, like the girl that plays. Marie was like, I just found out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is wow. So that made sense.
Speaker 6: So yeah, okay, but they still may use those characters and other spinoffs.
Speaker 5: They said, Oh, I thought they weren't doing any other spinoffs. There's another spinoff.
Speaker 2: Coming out, but they can't. I don't think they can show up a bout Riis because not vout Ros.
Speaker 4: You're right, because that's before the Boys.
Speaker 6: But they said that maybe other spin offs of the Boys in gen V where they may pop up.
Speaker 4: So why did they canceled GV? Great question? They not making no sense?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because they could have continued gm V after the Boys. People watching it, I don't know, what did you think about it? Uh? So?
Speaker 2: I thought that the first the first five episodes were like lackluster and they were problematic, and I wasn't quite sure where they were going. And then towards the end, it got really offensive and they wrapped it up pretty well, like like y'all said, it didn't suck, but it wasn't great.
Speaker 3: And I do feel like they put a bow on it, like it was like.
Speaker 6: Heavy, like oh, okay, you know, I feel like it got too political, like there was a political undertone in it always, But I feel like they leaned way too heavy into.
Speaker 4: It this time, you know, I don't think I feel like that.
Speaker 6: I watched just to get away from that ship, and they was just leaning into it.
Speaker 1: To get away from happened when they rise to power.
Speaker 5: They have been clowning right wing people have for the past like six months, and the same take Spike Cats right now when I say damn about like Twitter, because all these right wing people have been coming out lately being like I'm pissed. I had no idea the show was about.
Speaker 4: Politics, but it's funny.
Speaker 6: Though it was funny, I liked it in the sense of that they were doing it, but I just felt like previous seasons or even the lead up, it was other ship.
Speaker 4: Going on in their world. This was just like all politics.
Speaker 1: But what else is there really to go on in this world? Now?
Speaker 6: You had What's My You had the black dude with his family and the brothers and ship like you train going on, and he died.
Speaker 4: Ain't no other stories, got backstory.
Speaker 1: Training story.
Speaker 6: I'm talking about anybody's backstory, a thing that's going on in their life besides just.
Speaker 1: A trained dirty they took him out first episode. I feel like they just Okay, maybe dirty was wrong with I felt like they just.
Speaker 4: Kind of rushed them out.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like they brought it full circle before they did.
Speaker 3: They did, so I was I was happy with it.
Speaker 2: I was like, he don't need to show up no more because it was gonna be either he died then or his black body was gonna.
Speaker 3: Be used and abused then.
Speaker 2: I was just like, letting them have that, Let them have that. But I felt like he went out in the way he wanted to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, they showed him like running and he saw the girl and he kind of, you know, instead of running through her, dodged her, and you.
Speaker 4: Know about that whole thing back around.
Speaker 1: Cool. Yeah, It's just it almost felt like they just brought him back to kill them off.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, I think so.
Speaker 5: All right, they showed his little his brother, and he got him away just in time before the Deep showed up, and then.
Speaker 4: They killed us as I ain't no Homelander.
Speaker 1: Was that the fucking fast?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like Superman thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, apparently they fought in the comics. TJ was telling me, you don't know, you guys don't know TJ. But TJ was telling me that Homeland Superman falling in the comics. Come on, man, you know who the man is. What he told me, he said, you already know probably one.
Speaker 4: I'm about to go read that just out of curiosity.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm curious to you. Don't think Superman can be Homelanner.
Speaker 2: I mean, I guess I sure will, But like as far as power level, I.
Speaker 1: Don't think Superman picking up I mean Homelander picking up a island.
Speaker 3: Ship.
Speaker 1: Superman picked up island in the movies. Yeah, comics' yeah ship he's We've seen him do some crazy ship in the comics too. But in the move Homeland, this moucker picked up a whole fucking island and threw that space.
Speaker 5: He flew around the Earth, went back in time. Homelander can't do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think that ship. I don't know, and I don't really funk with Superman like that.
Speaker 3: That's what I was.
Speaker 4: About to stay.
Speaker 3: I'm probably the least super I.
Speaker 1: Kind of I can't ignore what what what what is what it is? But anyway, Yeah, so Homelander is the guy. In the first episode they kind of reintroduced us to everybody, and you know, there's this oldest beating and basically they leaked the video of flight thirty seven. Yeah and yeah, Homelander couldn't deal with it.
Speaker 2: His ego is so fragile for him to be like this fucking grown ass man, like he was killed everybody in that bitch. If Sage had to stop to him, he would have lasered everybody in that motherfucker.
Speaker 3: And he didn't know if they were laughing, scared, whatever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like he just bitches.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, no, he was hot.
Speaker 2: Homelander was such a bitch, Like I guess that's the part. And I say this in like all of my reviews. He just he's a bitch.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: This dude played that character very well, Like he make you It's almost Joffrey level from game to he was like.
Speaker 4: Yes, nigga's a piece of shit.
Speaker 3: Man, Yeah, but he played he was.
Speaker 2: I did a review for G twenty with he was in that and he was playing a villain in that too, and he was very good. It's the villain in that too, with all the Davis Marse Martin.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, so yeah, so sister saying she discredited the whole thing. And you know, we see Hue and Mother's Milk and Frenchy are in this uh in alligator acatrast the version of it there'll be executed, which all was deployed, just the ability Butcher to show up, which he does, and they used some guy named the worm.
Speaker 4: Yeah to dig a hole through that. That was that was unexpected.
Speaker 1: What the ship hole?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was not expecting him to get I was like, why is he get naked?
Speaker 4: Everyone? He ain't got no dick?
Speaker 3: Was that that threw me? I was like, wait, why is he smooth?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I didn't understand why he was smooth, But I will say that I thought that there was some really stupid ship in those concentration camps.
Speaker 3: There were QR codes on ship.
Speaker 2: These people don't have phone money ship like Frenchie is literally sneaking in contraband why is there QR codes and ship everywhere? Like I don't know if they took the Vodenburger or if it was already Avodenburger and they turned it into a concentration camp. Like it was just a lot of questions like how is this working? Where are these QR codes? Why stage on the side of this fucking building?
Speaker 1: I agreed, yeah so but uh but yeah, so they break out the camp Starlight comes through and she flew everybody out.
Speaker 4: A long time ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she was taking the time, but yeah, I see what you're saying. Yeah, she could have just flew in and got them up out of there because they were just walking around. But they had the one that see motherfuckers and then blow them up.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, so that was what's her name, Cindy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know snaps Snaps with the twins. I don't know her name because I was like, who the hell is this motherfucker? But anyway, Mother's milk, fault love sausage. Yeah, he said, I'm gonna chop that motherfucker to.
Speaker 2: Why is last Alonzo receiving all of these dick jokes like from the beginning of the show till now, Like it's just incredible, like so many dick jokes.
Speaker 1: And they did it again with the nuts, the old man with the nuts. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Even the dude that was sleeping with Janine, like the Jeanine was dating like they were. His dick was big, like come on, what is up with that? His wife, Mother's Mill's wife. White, the Homelander supporter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh I don't remember that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the white dude that the.
Speaker 2: Glasses that stage had him killed in season three, but like they was like Homelander not Homelander, and Men was like, I don't even see what she's seeing him and I think it was French. She was like, looked like you got some Pete Davidson and.
Speaker 7: Over the.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, so you know it's a juvenile show, so yeah, they don't shy away from it all. But yeah, so yeah, so yeah, so all that. So there's the breaking out of the camp and then you go on to uh, you know, episode two and we get Soldier Boy back, which I did like Soldier Boy you know in here, uh, And I think it made sense. He has these fatherly issues and stuff like that. You know what your laugh?
Speaker 6: That's fight one of his lines he was talking to say and he said a black person.
Speaker 4: He told me, what.
Speaker 1: The hell?
Speaker 4: And he was just like so matter of fact about it.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: That ship was funny because he stayed with the one line. But wasn't it was was it? Was it foul Mike for Homelander to send his daddy out to die about his virus?
Speaker 5: So did he definitely do that?
Speaker 1: That was his idea.
Speaker 4: I didn't take it like that, Oh y'all didn't.
Speaker 2: I thought that's what he told him to get him, like to get the other people to like leave him alone about what he did. But I think he was really trying to bond with his father.
Speaker 1: I thought he used him as a pawn to go out there to test the virus.
Speaker 3: He told the Deepen Stage, that's what he told him.
Speaker 1: I just but y'all think he just wanted his dad back. I thought so.
Speaker 5: I thought he really wanted to bond with his postle. I never took it that he really did send him out there to die.
Speaker 3: I think he forgot.
Speaker 2: I think he forgot about the virus, and like, I mean, why else would he send him out there like he When Sage brought it up, the face Homelander made was kind of like, oh shit, yeah, so I was just like, okay, interesting, but I I have a hot take. Okay, I think Hughie likes Starlight more than.
Speaker 3: She like him. Yes, okay, so it's not a hot.
Speaker 5: Take really, yes, yeah, but they.
Speaker 1: Were together throughout the whole thing.
Speaker 5: Not really like like it didn't seem like she was even wanting him like that.
Speaker 1: Because she didn't take him off first.
Speaker 5: Well no, no, no, no, no no, because that's just because like she was just giving him a cold shoulder.
Speaker 4: He annoyed her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the whole thing with the clone, the clone when he slept with the clone, and she got mad because he was raised.
Speaker 4: That's trash, bro.
Speaker 3: I was like, who the fuck wrote this?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: That he was literally taking advantage of it. She was just like, you gotta get tested. What the fuck do you care about this, nigga?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 5: And the whole thing is just like you left one season, came back looking like a different person. In the next season, you mad at me because I fell for a clone. Get the funk out of my face.
Speaker 4: Man, I didn't even I still don't know what you look like.
Speaker 1: I didn't pick that up.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, Like.
Speaker 3: I don't feel like it doesn't feel equal. It feels like she loves her.
Speaker 1: They were in the car looking at more Dick picked clouds.
Speaker 4: I don't. I think it's the thing. It's a matter of convenience for her. That's how it feels. It's very much so a matter of convenience.
Speaker 2: He's a good person that she wants a person in her life. But I don't think she cares about him, not the way he cares about her. I agree, because if I personally I'm not leaving my husband, no fucking where nowhere. Granted that's not her husband, but like my boyfriend whatever, I'm not doing it.
Speaker 3: I don't give a fuck.
Speaker 2: If they can pop my head, We're gonna figure this ship the funk out.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna tell you the plan. So you don't think I left you like that. He did think, yes, because she was all jealous because he was talking to some other girls.
Speaker 3: It's like, I didn't pick that up, but I thought.
Speaker 5: She looked at him kind of funny when he was when he the girl that got her head, when when he ran off to go get her.
Speaker 4: I thought she like made a face like what is he doing?
Speaker 3: I think she might even saying what the fun was?
Speaker 1: Yeah he did. He did a little jealous in the beginning the County.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I thought her cold shoulder was all related to that. But then it was like, Okay, it's been three episodes and you're still acting like this sums up.
Speaker 2: I mean, she was definitely trying to like make it seem like she ain't want to be with him because she felt like he was gonna die and she couldn't deal with that shit. No more like they was trying to push this PTSD, but it just it felt.
Speaker 3: Flat for me.
Speaker 2: But like I'm talking about, like throughout the whole series, I feel like he was more into her than she was him. And I mean it could be because she's the super powered one. I don't know, but that's how it felt.
Speaker 1: Did you guys like Bashley?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, it was.
Speaker 4: Kind of funny.
Speaker 2: I love bastly Because I didn't have Bashley on my Bengo card, I didn't know what the fuck was gonna happen.
Speaker 3: And actually after she took.
Speaker 2: That v so for the whole back of the head thing, I was like, and then Homelander be snatching that girl wig.
Speaker 1: Asshole.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's terrible.
Speaker 3: It was just snatching.
Speaker 4: I like the crazy as super power dude, like that what you give me?
Speaker 1: I take the be How bad would you be spiked?
Speaker 6: I would be you got to sting in the back of your head talking man, that ship is crazy.
Speaker 2: And then I think it irritated me that the only that Bashley is the only one that can read minds, like Ashley can't read minds, it's Bashley. Yeah, that irritated the funk out of me because why so she didn't get power, she got a gross.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she had something to do, that's true.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, so yeah the second episode, Soldier boys out and they run into teenage kids which is Jet Streak and Selene uh yeah and rock Solid. I guess this was a lot.
Speaker 5: Yes, all right, this is crazy where y'all come up with.
Speaker 6: Him, like they sit in the room and it was like how can we go and then for.
Speaker 3: Frend you to figure it out? I was like, of course you know what it is, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah that was that was like, I don't know I could.
Speaker 4: Have Deald without that.
Speaker 2: And then the idea that the whole reason why he went into hiding because he fucked Lincoln's ear the Lincoln monuments.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, like why.
Speaker 4: Why this show?
Speaker 1: The President.
Speaker 5: Washington came everywhere?
Speaker 2: It came out of the nose and yeah, which lava would have melted it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it would have melted it.
Speaker 8: You would love to have more content from Franks per second. Become a patron where you can contribute to what we review and discussed. Our Patreon gives the listener the power to nominate and vote a monthly discussion and film review, while also nominating and voting on weekly solo reviews from each cast member. You also get the opportunity to vote on the publicly released anniversary film, all exclusive to our Patreon, So become a patron at patreon dot com frames per second where there are two tiers you can choose from. That's Patreon dot com forward slash frames per second.
Speaker 1: But they released the virus, so we see it works. Yes, where you interview Surprise Spike. Were you surprised when Oh Boy woke up Soldier Boy at the end of the episode.
Speaker 6: No, because I feel like he was gonna be a part of this season, so I wasn't surprised.
Speaker 1: Would it have been more impactful if he died?
Speaker 6: Yes, very much so, Yeah, very much so, because now you wonder what they're going with. I knew that he was gonna be a character in the season somewhere along the line. So yeah, if he had died, I would have been like, okay, right, got stakes now.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah. They really didn't show the whole thing. They just kind of jumped into it, which was fine. I don't need to see the whole resurrection sort of thing, which I guess plays into the whole god thing later on that he went through.
Speaker 3: I didn't think that the I didn't think the virus is gonna work.
Speaker 5: That's what I thought, because I was like, if it didn't kill him, I guess I was like, Okay, I guess it's that's what you guys were thinking.
Speaker 2: Oh No, I thought like before they even brought it in there, I thought that was gonna be the issue.
Speaker 3: I thought, like, it wasn't gonna work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it was the only thing. It was the only way they can kill Homelander absolutely or Marie Mondo whatever her name is, Moro, she could have pulled the.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she could have pulled the v out of his fucking system. I don't understand why they nerve that characters.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they just didn't use it.
Speaker 2: Remember when she's talking to em She walked up and EMM like, hey, I heard about you. You the girl with like the Homelander like power, And she goes, I don't believe the hype on is all hype, Like she nerved herself well you know, the writing or whatever, like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they do that, like because because.
Speaker 2: And then the whole Annie. Oh we jumping ahead, I'm sorry, Oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, the whole Annie.
Speaker 2: You don't know how to control your powers yet, Like bitch, we saw her learn how to control. The whole good doping thing was her learning how to control her fucking powers. So what are we talking about right now? Like that shit irritated the funk out of me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's almost like they were just well, I guess they had another reason and then they just went in the opposite the rest.
Speaker 6: It's like they accidentally made it that powth. It's like once they got into if they got into what she could actually I'm talking about writers at this point, they got into what she could actually do it. If you're thinking about it, you're like, okay, well, then she got to be able to everybody. I'm wondering they dumped it down.
Speaker 1: I'm wondering if they created her to kill Homelander Bob being able to keep going v comebound out of the Blood and then they just canceled the show. So they had to kind of right around.
Speaker 6: It because in Gen B that's what they was gearing. They were working towards her and Homeland of fighting in Gen Z.
Speaker 2: Because they both were Odessel project, like maybe only five survived and they were two of them.
Speaker 1: Well, come to find out, the only way this moment is still alive is because he has the V one and it's a variant and they only wrote it because of the basically almost like COVID, you know, so the spikes in the cells, and then it doesn't have anything to buy to him. That's why he's still alive. Butcher go try to get Ryan to come back out to go help him. Ryan took his ass to see.
Speaker 6: His daddy and got his ass.
Speaker 1: Man. He was punching him, and then he stopped and looked like he felt like he felt bad for him, and then went and they hit him again.
Speaker 4: Felt like invincible.
Speaker 5: I was like, God, damn, you really beating the shell just boy like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I don't know why the boy thought he has Butcher, but you're powerful enough. You're the only one that could beat it.
Speaker 2: Had pushing fighting Homelanders since like season three.
Speaker 5: But but did he send him to that place this time?
Speaker 4: Did he tell him?
Speaker 3: I think he got.
Speaker 2: Him drunk, told him what they were gonna do, and then it was like, we don't have the virus, we're not gonna go.
Speaker 1: He was the rape right, But I thought I went there on his own.
Speaker 4: I did too, did.
Speaker 2: But like, yes, he got him drunk.
Speaker 3: He got a thirteen year old drunk.
Speaker 2: He told him that his father rates it like he set him up.
Speaker 5: I thought y'all were saying that he literally said, Okay, Homelander's gonna be here, go there and fight him.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 5: No, but y'all saying that he's kind of like hyped him up to get him to go.
Speaker 2: He did have that conversation that Homelander is going to be here and we need you to go go in on this suicide mission. He did, but then after the whole virus not working thing, he kind of pulled it back where Ryan was already hype.
Speaker 3: Dry ready to go, so like it just he did that. But is not a good person.
Speaker 1: No, I mean, is getting a thirteen year old drunk? Couldn't get drunk because he is a super child.
Speaker 2: Fine, I mean you you're right, like they usually can't. Their metabolisms move too fast. But I don't necessarily know in this situation because they able to do drugs too.
Speaker 4: On the drugs, what's her girls?
Speaker 3: Popa clock, popa papa, papa doc?
Speaker 5: You said, like Homelander, whatever her name was, she was doing heroin or something.
Speaker 3: Wasn't she she was doing the t V? I think, oh was it V?
Speaker 4: She was shooting up?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: But I know for sure they do cocaine because because was asking for cocaine and his rider.
Speaker 4: I can't give you a bowl of coke.
Speaker 7: He's like, why that was Heroin?
Speaker 2: That was a big because that's why mister Marathon and Bond Site had a relationship, because mister Marathon was selling Bond Site heroin.
Speaker 4: I must have missed that too.
Speaker 3: That was the episode where the Supernatural reunion.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, you didn't watch Supernatural, did no? But I know I knew Castill was in it. I know you didn't watching you didn't watch Supernatural. That was dope seeing all of them together again, it was it.
Speaker 2: Was hard, like trying to keep it like separately because that's that's Salmon Dean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Salmon Dean man. And that was clearly very very intentional because that's when they had all the actors and stuff and they're talking about everybody. Yeah, you know, that was probably. No, I don't think that was my least favorite episode. I think my least favorite episode was the one where they did the flashbacks with Terror and all the other ones. The one shot, Yeah, the one shot.
Speaker 3: I liked the one shot.
Speaker 2: Oh man, I liked it because it was comic book form It was definitely one story.
Speaker 3: Boom, there you go.
Speaker 5: I was only because I thought they killed them. I don't need this. I don't need who terror?
Speaker 1: Oh he did? You heard that the dog did that though in real life? Yeah, no, I didn't hear that.
Speaker 5: What do you tell me that there was no reason to tell me that, asshole?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Memorial Day, I got the day off, and I would be thinking about his poor little terror.
Speaker 4: That was funny.
Speaker 3: Not know that that is that is Oh my god.
Speaker 5: That was funny because I was like, what the funk are they doing?
Speaker 1: Was?
Speaker 4: I didn't get into after.
Speaker 1: He was was of course the doll or whatever. Yeah, I liked it.
Speaker 4: And he heard them squeaking at the end. Yeah, that doll.
Speaker 2: And if you have a boy dog and they not fixed, they do like yeah, that is all day, every day and it can be any Yeah.
Speaker 1: But I don't know. I wasn't feeling that episode. But yeah, but before all that, you know, they uh, pretty much this whole season was trying to stop Homelander forgetting the V one. Yeah, and we spend episodes three, four, five, six, up until seven doing that, so you had, uh, your boy came back, Edgar. They were trying to get Edgar, which was uh walllos yep. So he was back and Newman's daughter was back. I forgot Butcher did all that funk ship about it.
Speaker 2: Butcher and lied about it and then thought it wasn't gonna come back to whoop his ass. He told he told Samir ZOI was dead. He told Zoe that uh Samir was dead, or he just allowed Zoe to uh to think that Samir was dead.
Speaker 1: But that was fucked up. It was Yeah, he knew Smir was alive.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he didn't have to. Butcher suck.
Speaker 2: Like once Butcher started doing the temp va, like, his character just kind of just a dwindled.
Speaker 3: That's why I was like, actually happy that they kind of kept.
Speaker 2: Hughie as as hopeful as he was, because you need that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because Butcher was like, man, we're gonna kill everybody, include to myself exactly.
Speaker 2: They kind of irritated me with Ryan, like you sent and Ryon in here for a suicide mission.
Speaker 3: He told him we may not come back from this.
Speaker 4: And Rynd like all right, yeah, yeah, I think it was just ever since he lost his wife, he's.
Speaker 3: Just like it that too. But at the end of the day, he was cheating on back up.
Speaker 2: Remember in the very first season when he goes to see the lady who's the head of the CIA.
Speaker 3: They were cheating while he was in the CIA.
Speaker 5: I believe I can't even remember that far back. I believe you though.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, that lady with the wavy hair who get her heap popped by Newman.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was cheating with her.
Speaker 2: So like, it's just like, did you really give a fuck about Becca well?
Speaker 1: Ship? And we were talking about mother's lying. Uh, somebody that didn't tell the truth was Hue because he killed fucking Mavericks dad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but trying to talk to these kids, that ship was pissing me off. Like I felt start light in that moment, even though I don't feel like she give a funk about Huet when she was just.
Speaker 3: Like, bring your ass over here, stop talking to him? Do you keep talking to him?
Speaker 2: Everybody in this room know you killed his daddy, not for him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And Cindy was the one to kill him because she couldn't see him. And that's how that ship.
Speaker 3: That that was a moment where I was like, oh, Ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh you thought he was that.
Speaker 2: I wasn't sure because she just walked in and boom, and I was like, ship, And I did kind of feel like he was gonna die this season.
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 4: I felt like he was.
Speaker 1: Somebody had to die, and you know, we saw who it was. But but yeah, so was this when you were talking about Spike, when they were talking about we just wrote the episode. We know this shit was gonna happen when he developed a God complex. Okay, God figured as much. Yeah, he had a vision and apparently supposed to be God and not the second Coming of Jesus, the coming of his own version of.
Speaker 2: We don't understand that that part. That's why it's so weird. He doesn't understand God or like religion, Like even when our father was like, but we kind of understand that this, like Jesus is the he was like okay whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, he wanted his own version of it necessary.
Speaker 2: I thought that was so funny because I feel like that part is like true, like you know, our world outside our window, like these motherfuckers be feeling some kind of way, can't even tell you what the hell happened in the Bible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was a whole lot of cussing around the bibble.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, yeah, that's when we hear about bomb site. Bombsite got some b one ye, So it's just what's Forwardhen they went to that compound and it turns them all against each other something, Yeah, I think he was. Yeah, and then he put Homelander in a uranium.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was interesting.
Speaker 1: This was a good episode. I did like this episode.
Speaker 5: I thought they were going to explore that more because they seemed like uranium might be able to kill him instead of doing what they did.
Speaker 3: So Boy said it wasn't gonna kill him. It was just didn't have a bad day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Irritated that they didn't explore the fact that Quinn was Social Boy's brother, like they only mentioned it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Quinn, the mutant, the one that was causing the issues, basically last of us that was on.
Speaker 3: The wall, that's Social Boy's brother.
Speaker 2: So when they're walking up, when they're hiking up to the facility, Homelander is basically digging in the Social Boy and he like, it wasn't even.
Speaker 3: You that was the soldier.
Speaker 2: It was your brother, Quinn, And he was the one that they initially wanted and you bought your way into the trials.
Speaker 3: That was his brother. Hate that's while he was there crying mm hmmm.
Speaker 6: And then that's why he eventually walked him into the where the uranium was. Like from that point on, he knew he was going to walk him into that because he knew where they was going. What McCall was just Homeland was just walking right. So he walked him right into that because he was saying that ship to him.
Speaker 1: I was surprised that. What I did like was when they left, everybody was silent in the car because they just said a lot of fun was one of the five they were at each other. Yeah, man, and I think that was that was a real ship.
Speaker 2: It was like, yeah, even even told a butcher. He was like, I mean every thing I said talking about and I felt that ship like, Nigga, don't.
Speaker 5: Got apologize, It's all good. You thought that way anyway?
Speaker 1: I thought. I thought Alonzo guy that plays Mother's Milk, I thought he was sick. I had to look that ship up. I think we just lost he just lost weight forty pounds. I just read it last night. Yea.
Speaker 5: I had to look it up to you because I was feeling bad about what I was thinking. I was like, he looks but yeah, he just lost a bunch of weight.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't know why, but he did.
Speaker 1: He said it was pandemic ship, So.
Speaker 4: How did that work? We all gained weight forand I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but yeah, but either way, I go.
Speaker 3: Like, maybe he's a social eater. That's the thing.
Speaker 4: Oh true, sure, like you gotta be with.
Speaker 2: People, go somewhere, Yeah, the restaurant.
Speaker 4: I feel that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a character that's got on my nerves. I just want to get him out the way. It's the fucking deep.
Speaker 4: God, I'm so glad they can this got old.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: It wasn't even good no more, it was just band like.
Speaker 2: That he killed, said that he killed Yeah, yeah, because I was like that, why why is he going out like that?
Speaker 4: Like, yeah, the supposed to be like one of the top.
Speaker 5: This is the other guy that was pretending to be Noir?
Speaker 3: And I feel like all he could do is fly?
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, let you forget that, you know fly?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Yes, whole storyline gone, his whole Yeah, new you're talking about Noir and the.
Speaker 6: Ash yeahs play that was bullshit?
Speaker 1: Bro?
Speaker 4: What am I watching?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: And then the whole point of you being Newir is not to take that mask off you wudn't know what your home mask like.
Speaker 3: I did like the fact that they brought the director back.
Speaker 4: I didn't.
Speaker 6: I thought he was dead. Actually, I thought they killed him. I don't know why I thought that.
Speaker 2: I think the last time we saw him was when Ryan made his assistant slap him.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that might have been the last time. But I feel like he was fired in gen V. No, that's why, because in gen V the attack happened and yeah, yeah, yeah, at the end of season one gen V where they set off the alarm, he was there on campus.
Speaker 4: He was, Yeah, he was. Actually he talked to school at the school.
Speaker 3: Was he a drama teacher?
Speaker 4: I remember him being in that season at all. He was one GenZ season one teaching at.
Speaker 2: The school and actually was yeah, yeah, yeah him and actually, yeah, that was her first freaking friends, right.
Speaker 5: I thought Ashley was sucking the other guy.
Speaker 3: Everybody on an that's what he's talking about.
Speaker 5: No, I'm talking about the kind of long faced, dark haired main villain of Is that his name? The main villain in jen Z season one? Or was he the main villain season two?
Speaker 1: Never mind?
Speaker 4: He was the main villain season two? Never mind? Yeah, got it?
Speaker 2: And that's the only person she could suck without lobotomizing herself. She really believed in that nigga, and it irritated the funk out of me when her friends.
Speaker 3: She was talking at the end and she was like.
Speaker 2: Love made me do this and this, and no, that nigga was horrible when you fucking fell in love with him?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Mike, did you like? How'd you like uh d V Diggs in this?
Speaker 5: I always liked t V. Diggs, so he's a great actor, So I mean it was fun. I didn't really love his character like that, but I did, like, I mean, they would give him that power, like you're a preacher and your main power is blowing hot air people. I didn't think that was pretty funny.
Speaker 4: I like it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh god, and now I'm here turned the Lord.
Speaker 5: And the fact him behind those doors he was getting banged fucking dill though, and then had fucking I thought all this shit. That ship was crazy.
Speaker 6: Man, the way they went into that scene and him just explaining, like, first of all, whatever that was it went on the wall, but secondly him explaining, I love the way you just.
Speaker 4: It made sense.
Speaker 1: They made the biggest dial on the bad She walked in. She was like, he was the one that.
Speaker 3: Got like somebody looking at the water house.
Speaker 5: That was that was you could tell she's from the south the way she fed that off. I was like, you know what, I know what that smell is.
Speaker 4: I don't want to know you don't want the same thing. I was like, that was accurate? Man, was too funny?
Speaker 2: Was I feel like they had more plan for the v digs character than they actually did. Like that's why I feel like the writing was like maybe they changed writing rooms or something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he had a lot of screens, he did, And that's why I.
Speaker 2: Felt like I thought he was the main source behind Homelander having those God, God, God, because that makes.
Speaker 3: His powers make you do that. His powers make you have.
Speaker 2: S right, So I thought it was going to be more so like he was outside of Homelander's room, maybe doing something to him.
Speaker 3: But it had nothing to do with and I'm just about.
Speaker 4: As you're talking, why did they did they try?
Speaker 6: Did they try to say that later on when Ashley they kind of went against him, But I don't think.
Speaker 1: They didna NA. I think actually actually wanted out at this point the right thing.
Speaker 4: The first.
Speaker 2: And then it was so condescending about it. I didn't do ship wrong.
Speaker 1: I'm not stepping down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and she had talked herself into that ship. Her and Bashley went back and forth. I should be I should be proud of myself. I made it here. Yes, you should be proud. You stayed alive this list.
Speaker 1: Long and that's all she was doing. In fact. You know, look, I get it. This mother was killing everybody for no reason. Like you know, how many believe Okay, the one give him the m v P or v I P.
Speaker 3: Treat That ship was wild nuts the.
Speaker 2: Mind thought people because like I don't know, that adds a whole other layer to Homelanders fucking psychosis, Like you can't even take people thinking bad shit about you, Like what's.
Speaker 1: Wrong with you? Nigga? Yeah, he gives the president the president just because the president was scared of.
Speaker 3: Him, Oh Calhoun.
Speaker 2: President Calhoun been saying the same ship from season one though. When he met with Madeen Madeline Stickwell, he told her he was like, I don't want your soups in the military because that shit is scary. And then as just say, he thinks you're a little bit psychotic, and that nigga popped his head he was right, but he was also like a bitch.
Speaker 1: So yeah, well you know, yeah, so Paul rise They had a lot of cameos in here. Paul Risinger was in. It was that the rich who that was legend. I was working at the popcorns stands. Oh yeah, that ship about Elon was fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's mad about that. Like I took him his space. That was good.
Speaker 1: You said you're mad about that?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, he's pissed.
Speaker 1: He was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he tweeted that it was it was gay.
Speaker 1: A tweet?
Speaker 4: Was that something from that?
Speaker 1: It was good?
Speaker 5: They yeah, yeah, he's really he's really mad about that. Media song was like, by the way, the character that that they based you on, they died on the show had up.
Speaker 1: I like when they were the legend because he was like the old school like actors and it was almost a representation presentation of a time. They were like, yeah, Bombsite was dating somebody. Then Golden Gates shut and they were like that sounds racist.
Speaker 3: Yep as fuck.
Speaker 1: Oh that shit was funny. But that lure up bomb site out. That's how they got the v one and his stupid ass gave it to him just so he can get his powers and he want to die, well, he.
Speaker 3: Wanted to be with Golden geatesher forever, want to be with him. She didn't want to.
Speaker 5: Live forever, right, she wanted to be with him. She just didn't want to have to like him to watch her.
Speaker 3: Get her away and she didn't want to not age.
Speaker 1: Right. Oh yeah, that's right, that's right. So yeah, okay, well guess what was sister say said? Love make you do crazy things? I was like, bro, you can get another gash.
Speaker 3: Damn bro, he damn show could have.
Speaker 2: But I will say that was one of the more solid episodes for me, the.
Speaker 1: Episode seven and eight kind of towards then.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that was It was more solid.
Speaker 2: It felt like real storytelling versus like y'all kind of put in a whole lot of ideas out there and then not following up on them.
Speaker 1: And Sage being the smartest person and saying that people are predictable, unable to predict human emotions when it comes to love.
Speaker 3: That shit pissed me off.
Speaker 1: Why because what is your fucking powers to predict stuff that's predictable?
Speaker 3: Her powers are to be the smartest person in the world.
Speaker 1: But you can't predict how people react when it comes.
Speaker 4: To you can't predict.
Speaker 5: At all.
Speaker 2: I don't think love changes how people's mind works. I don't think you can predict people's actions at all. You can kind of like try and figure out what they would do. They could go this way, go this way. It's so many different options.
Speaker 1: There are different variables. I think she accounts for all of them. I think that was the one she didn't have with that he would just give. Uh what I will say about sister sage because in seven seven they basically use their uranium to empower Camiko, who now can talk. I guess I should mention that she.
Speaker 3: Started talking in the beginning of the season.
Speaker 4: She did, yeah, yeah, right after they found her.
Speaker 3: Because in the last episode of season three she screams know when they take.
Speaker 9: But did she talk in two, three and four about episode So she was silent the rest of the episodes, and then she.
Speaker 1: Season right like full long talking Yeah, I know, okay, let me go okay. So season one she yelled.
Speaker 4: Last season she yelled at.
Speaker 3: Very very last episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Remember when they were when the gen V girl I forge her name, the little Blonde girl, and uh she pushed them. Yeah, they showed up. Yeah, I remember that kidnapped them or whatever, and she yelled out no, all I was all.
Speaker 1: I was thinking, like, man, she was better when she didn't talk, because she kept fucking talking.
Speaker 4: Like you did. I liked her.
Speaker 2: Was it all sexual conversation? Like that was never real conversation from her?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I think that's kind of what what maybe kind of think it was funny because she didn't really have a whole grasp on a lot of ship and she was she was kind of wasn't she like in a cage for a really long time, so she's not really experienced life until now. So the first born, you know, was going, yeah, my boy, French.
Speaker 3: I feel like they.
Speaker 2: Just they felt like they had to write in as much sex as possible because they were like the slow burn of.
Speaker 3: The Yes first few seasons.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I feel like they just ran out a plot, so they're just like, well, let's just about that part, Joe. Yeah, let's just lean on the you know. It was like, this is running out of being funny, guys. This was only funny the first couple of times. Now it's like, you know, but it's also the boy's world.
Speaker 6: I would assume, like all it used to be more surprising, like yeah, we see it coming from away now it's like that.
Speaker 1: Well maybe maybe the comments just like this all the all the time, So I don't know. I didn't. I only read like the first volume or one issue of the comments. But either way, I go, yeah, so he's a Did y'all think he was gonna actually get the v one or they were gonna stop him?
Speaker 5: Who Homelander? Yeah, I didn't think that they were. I thought that was gonna be the end of the season. He doesn't get the v one and they give him the virus. But then when that didn't happen, I was like, Okay, y'all changing this shit up. There's only one more episode left. What the fuck are we doing?
Speaker 1: And how are you gonna kill him?
Speaker 5: And when they use That's that's why I didn't look like the season. They figured out, Yeah, let's just give the same power that he had, y'all didn't give a fuck about your audience.
Speaker 1: Problem because she can heal, therefore she would be able to absorb all the uranium.
Speaker 4: I didn't like it.
Speaker 2: That was the idea, but it was last minute, like a motherfucker, it felt like. But I will say this, I thought that they were going ain't to leave it like how it is now, and I think that probably would have been a better ending for me personally. I thought Homelander like kissed the v one he lives on and he's just a fucking fascist tyrant. I just nobody gets anything because.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 2: I just thought, because like we hadn't wrapped sh up, so so I'm thinking, like we're walking into this ship, maybe we're just gonna do it, like you.
Speaker 3: Know, how our world's going, yeah, for the rest.
Speaker 2: Of like because it was taking so long to wrap the ship up or make anything move. And then, like you said, the Kamiko shit was a hell mary like a back door, and then the stuff that they were setting up to possibly be true, Like I don't know. And one thing I will say about the comics, I haven't read The Boys, not fully.
Speaker 3: I've read like pieces and like pieces of it.
Speaker 2: But people that I've talked to that said they read it and watched the show, they do say that the show is better than in the comics.
Speaker 3: But I have a hard time. I have a hard time like believe in it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I haven't read them, so I don't know, but they do say that. So I in the comics, I do know, is it okay?
Speaker 3: Is it okay?
Speaker 2: In the comics, I do feel like the ending was worse because hughe dies in the comics. I think Butcher pushes him out and he's impelled on the gate. So like when they were fighting at the end and he was next to that window, I was like, are they.
Speaker 3: Finna they gonna push his ass? They're gonna kill Huet.
Speaker 4: But no, Butcher does Butcher dies?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, Butcher kills Hugh in the so in the show it was the other way around.
Speaker 3: But I was I was like, they were getting close to that window. I was like, is he gonna.
Speaker 5: Push his as I assumed in that moment that Butcher was gonna die. Yeah, it was Unpredictabletes left, Yeah, said okay, y'all about to kill Butcher?
Speaker 3: Wrap this up and nil Buscher got his his camera shine on. He looked into Dawn TV. I'm like, it's even a lip.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah. What did you guys think about? Just a couple of other quick questions we can get out here, What did you guys think about Frenchie dying? You feel like they had to kill somebody. I thought he was gonna be saved because these motherfuckers always been being saved.
Speaker 4: They got me with this one.
Speaker 5: I knew the second he put her in that little titanium thing and says stay here, I was like, Oh, they about to kill my boy, Frenchie.
Speaker 1: I thought Comiko was gonna recover and come and save him. It didn't.
Speaker 5: They weren't giving that impression because Sage was in there holding her mouth. So I was like, oh, they're they're gonna kill Frenchie.
Speaker 1: And then.
Speaker 5: I'm still just like I know French he had to sacrifice himself because he saw Homelander looking at the titanium.
Speaker 1: Yea.
Speaker 5: My only question I had is once Homelander was looking in the titanium thing for a reason, I don't know if he heard something or what. I knew he couldn't see through it, but remember he just kept staring at it, and I think, no, no, no, go ahead.
Speaker 2: I just figured he was staring at it because he couldn't see through it, and they kind of understand al.
Speaker 8: See.
Speaker 5: So if that was the case, then why didn't they just all just stay silent.
Speaker 2: I think he because he couldn't see through it, he was gonna go check.
Speaker 4: It, right ah, And that's why.
Speaker 3: French she touched the door.
Speaker 5: Right, okay, So that so that's still okay. So that goes back to the main part that I was confused about. So, once he killed Frenchie, why didn't he still go looking there to see if she was in there?
Speaker 1: I wondered the same thing.
Speaker 2: I thought, maybe because French she told him that they had already figured they had already figured out the blast thing and they were after him.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't have believed I'd have been like, look, I'm still gonna go see because because he had to think like why did you make that noise? Like what is this?
Speaker 3: Maybe he thought he made a mistake.
Speaker 1: I thought he was going to go check, and at that point, her power was going to work, so she was gonna be able.
Speaker 4: To what I thought.
Speaker 5: Yes, I thought he was going to open the thing up and then Kimiko was gonna be able to fight back. But that didn't happen. He just killed French and left.
Speaker 2: I figured he killed them in left just because French he told him they had figured it out and they were coming after him, and so he was just like, dang here, I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't he There was a lot of decisions that didn't make sense.
Speaker 4: Yeah, fact decisions.
Speaker 2: But I will say that the zinc thing, Homelander not being able to see through zinc thing happened with the Mavericks that this remember the Deep found the box in the ocean. He was in a zinc box and that's why they couldn't find what's his name? What is mavericks bad name? And that's why they couldn't find him because Homelander couldn't see through the box, so they knew that he couldn't see through zinc from beginning, right.
Speaker 1: I hate what they did with Sage, the smartest black woman in the show that everybody. They turned it into something stupid.
Speaker 5: I didn't like it at first until I thought about it and I was like, okay, but this is actually what she wanted. She wanted to be happy, I know, so they didn't. They didn't really make her stupid. They just made her not the smartest because trust me, first response, I was like, I don't like this. This is fucked up. This is fucked up, this is fucked up and weird. Why are y'all doing this? But then when she left at the end and she was smiling, I was like, Okay, they gave her a happy ending. She's really the only one that got one. Yeah, well the only villain. I mean, I got one.
Speaker 1: Right right.
Speaker 4: It was like home, I gotta go kill y'all. Anyway, Harry Potter World.
Speaker 2: Now, I will say that I did feel like they made her stupid. I felt like they made her stupid. Yeah, and that kind of offended me because I was like, she ain't have to be stupid.
Speaker 3: She could have the smartest person.
Speaker 5: I thought, you're just being normal because they asked her something I wouldn't have an answer to somebod No.
Speaker 3: It was it was the way like, I don't know.
Speaker 6: Because I think I see what you're saying, because she went from like super smart to like not even average intelligence.
Speaker 1: That's what it felt like.
Speaker 7: You didn't get the not average intelligence they wasting around having a conversation was like the British or something like, oh you know what, you're fucking what it was the secret Service there, you just put on the big hats and sneaking out.
Speaker 4: They did do that.
Speaker 2: You're right, they made her stupid, and I was just like the like, that's not really the option or.
Speaker 5: The opposite of being super smart, because normal the optics of that is bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just that because she did push can me go to do it so she can't get rid of her powers? That was her choice. And I tried to like you when she walked up, like, Okay, she wanted it, but I still didn't like it. No, you're right.
Speaker 4: They not make her stupid, but her.
Speaker 2: Her being smart, her her fucking plan for going and hiding away in the paradise bunker, and shit, I was just like, what the fuck that You're doing all of this to have peace and quiet when literally you had all of that in Detroit. You had your books, you had your apartment, you weren't fucking with nobody, and you came over here made homelander. God for what, yes to go being a to kill him and being a bunker because if she is the smartest person in the world, she knew from the moment he stepped on her fucking door she was gonna have to kill him.
Speaker 4: That's true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean she was. She was also upset that she couldn't predict what happened with the emotions, so that was like that put her in a state of I guess depression or whatever. So that's why she kept, you know, lebottomizing herself.
Speaker 2: But you know what now that you that I don't even think it was about the bomb site. Homelander ship is the good dope and ship?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I guess I guess you could. Ye, what do Yeah? How did you guys? Like the fight? The last fight Butcher and Butcher at Homelander.
Speaker 5: No, this is when I felt robbed. I was like, really, it was predictable. Yeah, it was super preticular. I know what's going to happen? I thought, so, yeah, they weren't. I didn't think that. First of all, I don't remember Butcher being that strong, even with its powers.
Speaker 4: So I was like, this is weird you fighting Homeland? Yeah, what are you that guy?
Speaker 1: You?
Speaker 5: I thought you'd had the technical dick thing, but now you can take a punch from Homelander like and it's no big deal.
Speaker 3: What the fuck happens to the cancer?
Speaker 5: So he he explained in one of the episodes that the only reason the cancer was killing him was because he was fighting it. But once he gave into it and he became this evil person, the cancer just kind of went away.
Speaker 1: Which is probably.
Speaker 10: Symbolic of Butcher as a person, right right, because this whole season he was behaving as someone that was not like I mean, Butcher was always an asshole, but he was like.
Speaker 5: So, I think they were trying to use that to explain why he was behaving the way he was behaving.
Speaker 2: Okay, but I mean we still saw the worm moving in his head most of the time when he killed people.
Speaker 3: But I was like, so's the cancer.
Speaker 5: Not dre No, Yeah, the cancer was gone from what they explained from what I remember.
Speaker 3: At least, that's that's it felt.
Speaker 5: It felt all of this was just very cheap and rushed.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: I did like the scene with Snap and Butcher and Joe Kessler.
Speaker 3: I did like that scene.
Speaker 2: Oh it's is it Upsode seven you're talking about?
Speaker 1: When uh you said Butcher?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh when when when the guy from Walking Dad showed up.
Speaker 6: From his name in the show from what they do, the one with the with the bat, Oh when showed up?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jefferd Dan Morgan, and he showed up and he was playing that guy and just basically gave us some more back story about Butchers.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Jeffer Game Morgan, but he just when he was a lucinating Yeah, got it, got it, that's right, Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: And then Hughett was distracting snaps.
Speaker 3: That was cool.
Speaker 5: That was actually pretty cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I did like.
Speaker 2: Hughey o over Like I don't like, yeah, I don't feel like it paid off anything because he's never really done that in the show.
Speaker 3: But it was kind of like alright, I'll take it that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then starlight and and mother's milk hiding from the cat and the dogs sniffing each other's But I could have done it. I could have really done.
Speaker 4: This isn't age white boy humor.
Speaker 3: Comes you had.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it's I guess. Yeah, it felt like the fight. I don't know. I'm I don't know how I feel about it, Like it's home Lemmer with v one and I think you know what got me annoyed was when Camiko was trying to blast him, and then French she showed up and it was like, oh, yeah, you know, it's rages. I'm like, bro, what the fuck are we doing? Blast this motherfucker she needed She.
Speaker 6: Was like she didn't want to be hateful with her power, like man, I don't stop this bullshit, and like, come on, that did not work?
Speaker 1: Did not That ship was so cheesy.
Speaker 3: And she ain't never had an issue killing ever, She's been.
Speaker 4: A killing machine.
Speaker 6: You got the most evil motherfucker in the hole that killed and now you gotta decide if I want to use this, Like, no, no, it don't work. It's not that motherfucker was hitting men that you should have came in the room shooting.
Speaker 4: To be honest with you, you.
Speaker 2: Pointed out something to me that actually made sense home. Leander took that V one and when he took it, like they kind of made it seem like his powers boosted.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but when he was fighting Butcher.
Speaker 4: It seemed like he was. It was normal.
Speaker 3: It was even if not less.
Speaker 1: I mean, it did take two of them, though, and it took Ryan, his son that has just is as powerful, just not as powerful as him, to beat him. Butcher wasn't gonna beat him.
Speaker 5: Butcher was holding his own. That was the part that was weird me out. I don't understand that. I agree, it didn't seem like Butcher was that strong.
Speaker 1: Last I'm surprised Ryan showed this as up happened last.
Speaker 2: I genuinely thought like maybe Comiko was gonna jump in or or and he was.
Speaker 3: Gonna come back from the deep ship.
Speaker 1: She wasn't trying to get back up off the floor and she got hit. She got she was like, Butcher was like, blast his motherfucker and get kick, and he asked.
Speaker 3: Like floor or five.
Speaker 2: Well it was like three or four times like blast and blasting, and she's just standing there.
Speaker 4: I'm like, and I would have thought that Starlight would have been in that list.
Speaker 1: Starlight always getting an ass.
Speaker 4: Kit Bro, but she's supposed to be powerful.
Speaker 1: Asked if the little wolf guy was kicking dog guy was kicking her ass, dog not was sucking her up?
Speaker 4: And he was, But that don't seem right to me, Like this bitch.
Speaker 2: Had the nerve to tell Maurice she couldn't control her pop but you can't.
Speaker 3: Kind that ship made me mad because you.
Speaker 4: Can't even her ass kicked.
Speaker 2: You got the nerve to tell somebody that can't control their powers.
Speaker 3: Right, always get her ass well. And then that deep ship took too much whoop his ass?
Speaker 4: Yeah, was supposed to be that powerful, right.
Speaker 1: Like still, but he's just a corny character.
Speaker 4: But you know, fish one with him at all?
Speaker 3: Come on in.
Speaker 1: That was like wait a minute, he was like, don't It was like a major pay I saw what you did to my.
Speaker 4: Friends that she was good.
Speaker 5: That was pretty good. Sam Jackson was yea was. Yeah, I thought so that A would take any guy.
Speaker 4: Man, I'm telling you, I'm playing fish. I'm playing fish. I don't give a fun Let me play a fish.
Speaker 3: Let me say funk.
Speaker 5: Let me just don't like to say let me play a fucking fish. A fucking fish that says funk.
Speaker 2: Said the web player with his ass and apparently ambrosious uh brother was who killed Deep the octopus?
Speaker 1: Anyway, you guys like our home Lander went out just you know, robbling and stuff like that. Yeah, I did that. Was that was a little.
Speaker 8: TV.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I got the cheese.
Speaker 1: To me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it just it just seemed really just empty. Like I don't mind that they turned him into a punk at the last second, because Homelander would be a punk if he lost all his powers, But it was just like it just didn't feel satisfying.
Speaker 4: For whatever reason.
Speaker 5: It felt extremely rushed.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I got my satisfaction watching him not be able to fly that ship, right, that was funny when he was.
Speaker 3: Trying to get out that guy damn ground he could not.
Speaker 2: I was like, this has got to be what it looks like when Ethony Start is just in there like doing whatever.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, but that ship that was that.
Speaker 2: Was that was good enough for me. They could have left him alive and I would have been like trying.
Speaker 3: To jump again.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that would that would have been his punishment.
Speaker 6: Facts just not be That would have been actually better, I think now that you say that him just not having powers, having to be a regular person, that would have.
Speaker 4: Sucked him up.
Speaker 5: I would have still liked to see him die. I just for whatever reason, I didn't like the crow bar if somebody else, I don't know what it was. I can't really put my finger on why I didn't like it, but I just didn't.
Speaker 4: They said that was directly after comics the crow barsh Oh really.
Speaker 1: And I guess, uh so, I guess the power thing. I was wondering if they had their powers. I guess it didn't really matter with Butcher because you know, he ended up dying anyway. But I guess Brian confirming that he still has his power, because I was wondering since they were in the radius of the blast. Yeah, but they stay other powers. But we never saw Ryan and we saw Butcher, but he never really used his powers, and he went to go kill everybody because Terror died.
Speaker 3: Weren't they holding him. Weren't they holding Homeland?
Speaker 2: And like Ryan was on one side, but was one too, I think, yeah, yeah, they were, Yeah Ryan, Ryan shouldn't have his powers. If he does, then cool, but he should not.
Speaker 4: It wouldn't make any sons.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it wouldn't. And then of course the final thing between Butcher and uh Hue killing him, I.
Speaker 3: Didn't care he wanted to kill everybody. Did they clean out the sprinkler system?
Speaker 5: I don't know they told him or at least hope, hope he told somebody so they could fix it.
Speaker 1: That.
Speaker 3: I know, that's like the dumbest question to have, but I was just like, so.
Speaker 6: Because they put it in there to get everybody get but did yeah, the sprinkler system, to make sure it wasn't no more.
Speaker 4: Soups, right yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And I was just like, so, did they clean it out.
Speaker 4: Or is it still up there?
Speaker 6: Because they never said anything else.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no, no, where were at the end. I think that's pretty much. It was something else I had about Butcher. I guess. I guess killing Butcher and with Homelander being dead, they're they're sort of instricably linked anyway, so you know, they're just going to take them off the board and let that be that so it works.
Speaker 4: Any other final thoughts, y'all here for the spinoff?
Speaker 5: No, I don't care unless y'all make us review it.
Speaker 1: I'll watch it.
Speaker 4: But I mean, it's said in the fifties too, so it's gonna be like that.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be racist.
Speaker 6: I feel like the only reason that they did that is so they could be racist.
Speaker 5: Brought Stone from Yeah, they brought that stor on.
Speaker 6: Front and they've been teasing the racism with my man all season anyway, sold you boy?
Speaker 4: So yeah, it's gonna be so.
Speaker 2: Racist bullshit, And I like, y'all got it. I don't need that because when when don from a Different World told that story about Stormfront killing her brother in the car and shit, I was like, I could actually see this happening.
Speaker 3: I don't necessarily want to watch facts.
Speaker 6: Yeah, if they're gonna do anything else in this world, you just shouldn't have stop with G and V. Like just they don't need to spin off in the fifties like nobody wants to do.
Speaker 4: I don't want to see that.
Speaker 2: So everybody can be racist like that. That's really what it comes down to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean standing there, girl around, so they may do some more Vaught store since he's now the see again, so we'll see now I.
Speaker 3: Would like to see.
Speaker 2: I would have liked to see EMM follow up on his threat, oh, because was like he gonna be back in charge of it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, well he got married. He cool, he went back with his wife and kid.
Speaker 3: True, but I would have liked to see it.
Speaker 2: I mean, because he was preparing, was preparing to be uh, to go scorch earth. Like he was like, if I, you know, to do whatever I gotta do, I gotta not be myself. So I didn't see him having a happy and I'm glad he got it, But I.
Speaker 3: Thought it was gonna be he was gonna die.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the way they were teasing the whole season, I thought everybody was gonna die. And it was a trained Frenchy and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Butcher and a bunch of suits that killed. Cause fire Cracker died. I don't know if you guys cared about her story.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Homelander killed more than seven than anybody, right, I think the only the only member of the seven that the boys killed was Translucent.
Speaker 3: And the rest of them was Homelander.
Speaker 1: Anyway, that's it, man. Five seasons the boys were done. We appreciate you, of course joined us. I think everybody let us know what you guys think about it in the common section, and we got peace.
Speaker 6: He