Speaker 1: People would assume that you're only interested in what people would commercially call a team. What would you say about that?
Speaker 2: I realized that a lot of really beautiful women, the ig baddies that y'all might call it's a headache. I prioritize peace instead of just looking at the exterior of a woman and considering that true beauty and actually looking at other aspects. I've been able to grow a lot.
Speaker 3: Do you still have an idea or a physical type? And I don't actually want you to say what it is if you do, I.
Speaker 2: Don't think I have a type out dated women from all over the world. Yes, I like a woman who really is presentable, dresses herself nicely, carries herself well. I'm always attracted to that, So yeah, I would say that's my type. I love how you're talking in town.
Speaker 1: We keep trying to lead you to a physical you start talking about the internal part of a one, because that's.
Speaker 2: What I've learned throughout this journey. When I used to date, I was just caught on lust. But I shared with you behind closed doors how I started to my abstinence journey. I'm eight months now, and that helped me a lot with just seeing past the vessel, increasing my discernment, just really being able to pick apart what's actually going on, not being just trated by what's right in front of me.
Speaker 1: What are the things that people really just get wrong about you? What started as a search for understanding became a journey of transformation. Every letter that I wrote led me to this day. The day I got married November the twenty second, twenty twenty five.
Speaker 4: Dear my forever, Forever is a long time. That's how long I'll love you. Those lyrics echo through every fiber of my soul at the very thought of you.
Speaker 1: This journey has culminated with you as both the award and the reward of my pursuit of love. You are the award, the honor God placed before me, the recognition of growth, healing and becoming the man I needed to be.
Speaker 4: And you are the reward, the blessing given after endurance, the gift promised to those who refuse to faint.
Speaker 1: This isn't just our story, this is for all of us. I'm a Terrasaur Whitfield.
Speaker 5: I'm Ashley are Whitfield.
Speaker 4: Welcome to the podcast.
Speaker 1: Did y'all enjoy that? We gotta keep it real. We gotta keep it real. So this brother I saw a video that went viral this past week. It came in my news feed, and the way I was notified of this video is that he made a video saying that he was out of a relationship and that he and his ex girlfriend have planned on attending a wedding and Portugal, and since the relationship was over, he was gonna have to attend it by himself. And he was so listening his social media audience saying, Hey, if you're interested in joining me, I want you to fill out this app and come join me. I got the hotel taking care of and come see me in Portugal. I'll pay for everything, I said. Hold on now. The reason why I found out about it because a bunch of my homegirls was in the comments talking about I'll go. I said, what you're talking about? You stranger danger, You're about to go meet this guy and go to a whole nother country. And people leaving funny comments saying either this is this is how I met my husband or this is how I got sex traffic. So you know it's either or so, without further ado, welcome to the Dear Future WIFEI Podcast. Sarky, ampem, put your hands together, y'all make some knowingse stand on your feet and welcome.
Speaker 6: Sarky, this brother tall and the mug. Ain't it good, Lord Sarky?
Speaker 1: Yes? Yes, how tallow you six seven six seven six that say she'd have been in the segment before this with girls saying she wants somebody over six too. So listen, Sorky, how you doing today? You good? I'm good man, can't complain. Let let the people know where do you live? What? What?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 1: What city do you live?
Speaker 2: I'm based here in New York City. I live in my Haven, South Bronx. Yeah, yeah, so you went from the Bronx here.
Speaker 1: No tripping over here, y'all.
Speaker 5: Are somebody's racing there?
Speaker 1: One person hand right there? Why y'all say it like that? The Bronx is real.
Speaker 3: Far because it took three hours to get here.
Speaker 1: Long trip. So, Saky, the video that I'm referencing, you posted a video saying that you're looking for a date, and it was during labor day? What made you and what prompted you to make that video?
Speaker 2: I make videos all the time, so I didn't really think anything of it. I was just kind of like having fun with it. I was like, let me see how people react. I thought I was going to get laughed off the internet, because usually that's what happens. But you know, people kind of reacted the way they didn't. I'm surprised. I was called off guard, honestly, know.
Speaker 1: You said the way they did, how did they react? It was crazy.
Speaker 2: The DMS comments over ten thousand comments, the dms over six hundred.
Speaker 1: I can't even get through all of them.
Speaker 2: I'm still going through them my homegirls and helping me kind of filter through.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's crazy. And so what are women saying in your dms? The stuff that you can say in church. I'm just talking about you can say in church. It's just ranges from things like pick me.
Speaker 2: People sending emails to my work email with resumes with your pictures on it.
Speaker 1: And it's crazy, man, they're sending it to your work email, my work email.
Speaker 2: I'm getting WhatsApp numbers because they're looking up my numbers through work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so they doing research and finding out how to get in contact with you because they're like, they don't want to compete with the messages in the DMS, so they're trying to find other way it's LinkedIn too, it's LinkedIn coming to professional rap? How many y'all got linked in? Look at y'all? So they say they're gonna slide into LinkedIn. So you've been So you've been sifting through a lot of those comments. Has anybody caught your eye? Yeah?
Speaker 2: This is a few.
Speaker 1: And so what is your approach? I was talking to you earlier this week and I said, now, Sorky, are you the type that just looks at women's profile if you meet them on the street, that you just look and smile. Are you a one that would shoot your shot? What did you say? Shoot my shot? Man? So you would shoot your shot? Have you always been like that? Or have you been intimidated?
Speaker 2: I think I was intimidated when I was younger, but then once I started kind of gaining that confidence growing up, especially like in college, because you shoot your shot a lot in college.
Speaker 1: You get a lot of no's.
Speaker 2: And then I got into sales after that I kept hearing no and then yeah, from that point on, man, I just shot my shot all the time.
Speaker 1: Say shoot the shot all the time. And so have you ever are you a person that's marriage minded? Do you desire marriage for sure? Why?
Speaker 2: Because of the home that I grew up in. Both my parents were married until my father passed unfortunately. So that's what I've seen, and that example is something that I want to carry on.
Speaker 1: What value do you think marriage brings to you or would bring to you as a man?
Speaker 2: Structure, faith, purpose. I want to create a family. I want to pass on my culture and the values that I've been taught for my parents onto them. Responsibility. I think these are things that definitely would feel.
Speaker 1: Free to jumping in time you feel like asked if you have you have a question in your mind.
Speaker 5: I didn't.
Speaker 1: Okay, well you ain't got to let the people know where are you from? Where's where's your background culturally?
Speaker 2: Ghano West Africa?
Speaker 1: We got some Ghandians in here. Yeah, and so your culture? What does your culture look like? Or when you're choosing a partner, does your mom have an opinion on it?
Speaker 2: Absolutely tell me how my mom extended family.
Speaker 1: Everybody want to get involved and play that out for us. What would happen if you met a woman that you really liked and you brought her home to mom and Mom said, no, I'm not feeling her. I have to hear her out.
Speaker 2: Man I've realized that my heart and my mind have led me astray a lot in life. I don't know it all. So if my mom, who knows me very well, see something wrong in someone, I'll want to figure out why. But doesn't mean I'm just automatically going to cancel out the woman, but I would definitely hear her out.
Speaker 3: Oh no, Now I have a question, So do you as a man? We hear a lot about women having lists? Do you have a list?
Speaker 2: I do have a list. There's certain criteria that's important to me. The most important that I realized I wasn't applying in past relationships was really like does a woman live by godly principles?
Speaker 1: Thanks? God wasn't the.
Speaker 2: Center of my relationships, And I feel like that's why they all crumbled, and God wants me to kind of, you know, really implement that moving on forward. So now that's the number one thing I look for. And then after that is really what kind of home do they come from? What's their relationship like with the father? How do they view men? Do they hate men? Because I've been running into that a lot in dating, and it's kind of like, well, I have no shot here if you just hate men, then why might even here?
Speaker 5: Yeah, what about physically physically tall?
Speaker 2: Because I'm six seven so five eight?
Speaker 1: En up? Yeah, like I said, oh man, but if.
Speaker 2: I was to meet someone that was short and everything else, you know, you never know, man, God just for the surprises, So I can't canceler everybody.
Speaker 1: What about physically as far as attraction? You know, you and I had a conversation about that that people would assume that you're only interested in what people would commercially call a ten, and you made a whole video that you sent me about that. What would you say about that?
Speaker 2: You're talking about the that the tens and they'll choose a six or something for peace?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I've realized that a lot.
Speaker 2: Of really beautiful women, the ig batties that y'all might call it's a headache, they come with a lot of stuff, and mostly because I track them because my physique, they assume I'm also an athlete. I'm still I'm playing with that same pool, and obviously I don't make twenty million a year, so it's stressful for me. So I prioritize peace. And I've realized that, you know, instead of just looking at the exterior of a woman and considering that true beauty and actually looking at other aspects. I've been able to grow a lot, and I've met a lot of beautiful women.
Speaker 3: But I want to unpack that a little bit. Go ahead and clap yeah, crab crab crap when you say a six or seven. Do you still because we talk about this on the podcast, do you still have an idea or a physical type? And I don't actually want you to say what it is if you do, but I do want to know if you do have a type when it comes to women.
Speaker 2: I asked my friends this all the time because I don't think I have a type. I've dated women from all over the world. You know, I grew up in Ghana that I went to the UK and I came here, so I was in boarding schools. I was around a lot of different types of people. So I've dated almost every race. But in terms of like an aesthetic look, I think, yes, I like a woman who really is presentable, addresses herself nicely, carries herself well. I'm always attracted to that, confident, ambitious, So yeah, I would say that's my type.
Speaker 5: That's good, that's.
Speaker 1: Interesting, and I love how you're talking in town. We keep trying to lead you to a physical you start talking about the internal part.
Speaker 2: Of a one, because that's what I've learned throughout this journey.
Speaker 1: That's good.
Speaker 5: Back before when you used to date.
Speaker 2: When I used to date, I was just caught on lusts man, But I shared with you behind closed doors, started my ass in his journey and I'm in eight months now, thank you, Thanks loud.
Speaker 1: He said, he started absinence journey and he's eight months in, Praise the Lord.
Speaker 2: And that helped me a lot with just seeing past the vessel, increasing my discernment, just really being a pick apart what's actually going on, not being distracted by what's right in front of me.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so far, so good.
Speaker 3: And I think that's so good what you said just about prioritizing the values, the core values, which Hubby talks about in his book Student of Love. But the reason why is I tell this story is that in sickness and in health is so true. And I remember when he was with me during a very tough time dealing with my fibroids. And when I tell you all of that physical stuff and the six figures, isn't there when you're you know, on the floor crying, or you need someone who's going to show up and love you. And so I just want to celebrate you King for saying it's not always about that, especially when you say people say that you would prioritize that, or that you've healed from that, right, you've come out of that, because it really is about like how you get to thirty forty years with this person who's going to be with you not on your best days but your worst days.
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Amen, Amen, Louie, that's real.
Speaker 1: What are some things that people really just get wrong about you? Like they may see you on social media, they see your videos going viral, they see you growing, they look at the aesthetics of you, and what is it that you just wish that they really knew about you?
Speaker 2: They think I'm doing it for attention. They think I'm phony. I get all these dms, so I see what people saying, but it's the end of that. I can't get caught up on what people think about me. And people's opinions say, thank your phony.
Speaker 1: So if they think that you're not really truly desiring a real solid relationship.
Speaker 2: Correct, they think I'm just doing it for clout. But I guess some creators do do that. So I can't you know, I can't fault them for thinking that.
Speaker 1: Uh, give them your Instagram, tell them your Instagram page.
Speaker 3: Does anyone before we do that? Does anyone already know it? No one's going to raise their hand.
Speaker 1: Good that over there, she said, she knew she pulled up right the flower on the front. I was up there.
Speaker 2: It's on the flower, it was up there earlier. Yeah, so so pull Yeah, it's just my name, Sarry key anthem. So if you just type that in it should come up.
Speaker 1: So I want you all to see a picture of him laying on the line chair with his shirt all off in some swim trunks, and you can tell me if he thirst trapping.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: And so I want you to tell me how you're curating your story on social media.
Speaker 2: Well, it all started from a breakup about a little over a year ago. I just wanted to kind of find an outlet to just talk. I didn't know where it was going to go. I didn't know what it was going to lead to. But I honestly, one day I just heard a voice was being like, start and see where it goes.
Speaker 1: I was scared.
Speaker 2: I started doing that. I started getting some feedback. I started realizing a lot of people were connecting with it. It was helping a lot of men out there that we also dming me. They were shy talking about man, I think I'm gonna start doing content and then yeah, one thing will led to another and somehow I'm sitting here talking to you guys.
Speaker 1: And so you started because after a breakup, you wanted to and it was interesting because the journey that you and I shared. You say, I want to just be transparent with the world. You said, you want to use your social media platform to say this is who I am, and journey with me through my own healing. And you said something so key a minute ago. You said that it was a little fearful when you start off. Why is it so fearful? Because a lot of men can attest to this, and I say, a lot of people period to show up in vulnerability, especially on social media. Why is that such a fearful thing. I know it's just judgment from others.
Speaker 2: I felt like I was going to be perceived as soft and not a man, especially just being a black man. I feel like it's a lot that's on us. And so yeah, that definitely scared me. But at the same time, how I was feeling, I'll weighed that fear and that's what ultimately made me just you know, go for it.
Speaker 3: And what kinds of testimonies are you hearing? Since you've kind of been building your page and being transparent, my.
Speaker 2: Story has helped a lot of people get back into the relationships or leave toxic relationships, which I didn't expect that to happen at all.
Speaker 1: I was just telling my story.
Speaker 2: So it's amazing how many people can connect to something that you're going through. You're actually never going through things alone like people can relate. So it also encouraged me and taught me to vent and share more with other people because you'd be surprised who can actually relate to your story. And it's people from like Australia, Pakistan, like all around the world that reaching out to me, and you'd never think that they'll connect with someone who's from Ghana.
Speaker 1: I want you to share the heart of men. In the first segment, we Daryl said that a lot of men don't approach women because they're afraid, they're fearful of rejection. What would you say to that when you especially speaking about your homeboys or you're in a circle. You say you ain't afraid, you've heard rejection. You're in sales, and sales I was in sales. You got to get used to hearing no, and so that can fashion you not to take stuff personally. But what do you feel like with a lot of men out there afraid or ain't gonna say afraid the reason why they don't approach.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to think because my friend group, we all approach, So I don't know. I'm just trying to think of other times when I didn't approach. But sometimes a lot of women are saying they don't want to be approached, and a lot of women have body languages that are very close off. If you go to the bar, the arms are folded, they're kind of like shining away, so it's almost like, well, she doesn't look like she wants to have a conversation, why even go over there. So I feel like if a lot of women were more inviting and their energy, maybe if they want to be approached, just open up a little bit more, smile, give some eye contact, give us some signals, and that would encourage men to come up to them. How did you feel about a woman shooting they shot at you, shoot shoot, shoot away, all right, So you open to it.
Speaker 1: I'm open to it. It happens, It happens.
Speaker 3: Have you ever dated someone who shot their shot at you first?
Speaker 1: Yes? Did you date them intentionally? I wasn't.
Speaker 2: I wasn't planning on dating them. It just happened. It was one of those things. It was kind of like I'm having some fun and before I knew it, I was wrapped up in it.
Speaker 5: But did you find that it changed the way you pursued them at all?
Speaker 1: That's a great question.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking about the most recent situation, the most recent situation, No, but situations before.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Why do you think that is?
Speaker 2: Because I felt like it came easy, that's the truth. Yeah, I felt like, oh this came easy. Like she on my body, you know, yeah, I can kind of get away with some stuff.
Speaker 1: So yeah, you said on your level.
Speaker 2: No, No, it's like she was on me.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, she was a pro to you.
Speaker 5: Yes, she was all a boning.
Speaker 1: You said it came too easy. Yeah, So do you like a chase? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think it's important. Why that's just how That's just how I've experienced life. I've always worked hard for things and I get reward for like work, success, like all that stuff. So I kind of view relationships in the same way. I kind of want to put a little effort in and see, you know what reward is given back. This is good women, y'all.
Speaker 1: Hear that?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 1: He teaching y'all this free game.
Speaker 3: How many lad in the audience feel like it's okay? Like you don't mind shooting your shot? This is still a safe space.
Speaker 1: A couple of them. And I want you all to come up at the end, and I want you all to share because I love different perspectives. They should shoot and then let us know how you shoot. What does that look like?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you should shoot because Instagram send the DM you never know.
Speaker 1: But what when you say shoot? What does that look like in the DM? Is it a direct? Hey, listen, handsome, I would like to take you out to dinner? Is don't come? Don't come? Like that.
Speaker 5: Like to take you out to dinner?
Speaker 1: All about if the man?
Speaker 2: If the man finds you attractive, it doesn't matter what you say, same the same vice versa. Just shoot the shot. Just let them see that you exist and you're right there. Then they'll they'll respond.
Speaker 5: But how forward should you be.
Speaker 2: It doesn't always have to be about like how they look. You can find something else from your page and just touch on that. Like a lot of people trying to come at me through the real estate angle because they know I'm Asian, like, oh, I'm looking for some property or if you could office some mentorship, and you know that could work. I've done business like that, so I don't turn down those dms.
Speaker 1: Don't get any ideas.
Speaker 5: Free game, right there, ladies, So.
Speaker 1: So are you hopeful? I always ask people, especially well, do you mind telling people how old you are? Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm thirty four, just turned thirty four in June. Just turn thirty four in June.
Speaker 5: And what's your dating age range?
Speaker 2: That's a great question because I've realized lately I've been kind of eyeing older older women. And I don't know why that is, because usually, yeah, I would think about.
Speaker 1: Going was older old? Ain't thirty five is over that? I know you're talking about older life forty thirty eight to like forty two.
Speaker 2: I've had conversations with them, but yeah, I'll say age range twenty seven and forty just up to forty two seven to forty two that age range.
Speaker 1: Yeah, forty two. All right, how many y'all thirty twenty seven to forty two out there? Rage hen, rage hen? Yeah, is there their head down in the Franks? And so before were you? Have you always been like that? Because you said that lately you started opening your mind up to older. What was the age cap at first?
Speaker 2: Man, I don't even feel comfortable. It was definitely like twenty three twenty two to my age. So you never went older.
Speaker 1: So what what do you feel like when you're talking to a woman that's old in you? What value are you getting from those conversations? I just I just feel heard, I feel understood.
Speaker 2: I feel like they they've been through a lot in life, they understand struggle. And also they have a lot of wisdom with them. They teach me a lot of things. I like to be taught. I don't know it all. So yeah, that's good.
Speaker 1: That's good. And so as we continue to impact this conversation, you said something key when we were doing a pre interview. You said that a lot of the women, especially like in the City of New York, they're approaching you and they're expecting a lot of things early on from a financial standpoint.
Speaker 2: Yeah, touch on that Yeah. I think it's just because of the nature of my job and how I look. I think they just assume, like, Okay, you might be an athlete or you're successful in your job, and I'm attracting the same woman that I'm saying they're talking to. Maybe, you know, a superstars start playing the league, so they're used to a certain type of treatment. These guys are tricking on them, and they expect me to do the same because that's just what they're used to. So I kind of can't fault them for that. But that's why I said I really needed to work on my discernment and start choosing the right women and not keep going after the same thing and failing at it.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, no clap for.
Speaker 5: That, ladies. How many of you have salary requirements?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Raygiane, don't be scared of the white. I see you in the white. Kind of hold your hand up a little bit.
Speaker 5: A couple, Yeah, okay, maybe we should do it the other way.
Speaker 3: How many say it doesn't matter what he makes as long as my core our core values, we share the same core values.
Speaker 1: Rage Anne? All right, cool, and I want you to remember these because I want to talk about this at the end of the Q and A on both sides. Why And I want you to own your decision. This is this is this is how you think, This is how you see life. And I want to hear that.
Speaker 2: That's a good Yeah, that's a good one. Because I went on a date and the girl makes about one hundred and fifteen K. So I asked her what, you know her requirements were, and she said a man should be making around five hundred two about a million. She doesn't want to have to spend her money. She's going to take some years off work obviously when the kids are born, and so he's got to hold it down for her lifestyle and his because her money is her money. His money is our money. And that's what we're dealing with out there.
Speaker 1: Man, they clapping, y'all, y'all agree with that raise hand y'all agree with that. Your money is your money and his money is y'all money.
Speaker 5: I see some hands.
Speaker 3: So from a man's perspective, since we don't have as many men in the room, why was that problematic?
Speaker 2: I just felt like it was a selfish approach. That's a different way to go about that. Obviously, man want to provide, we want to feel like we're respected, that we're valued.
Speaker 1: That's all it is.
Speaker 2: If a man knows that you expect his money, you value him, he'll give you the world. But I feel like a lot of these modern day girls just have the wrong approach to it.
Speaker 5: And how can you be a helpmate if you want help?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that is so key, y'all clap it up for my blue thang. God said I will give you a suitable helper. And a lot of times it just my spirit when I hear women say, well, I ain't gonna help build, and I can empathize with y'all on a certain level. It's because some of y'all tried that with the wrong man, messed up your credit, your car got repolled. He done wrecked your car, and then couldn't put nothing on it, not even the couldn't pay for nothing to get done. And so I understand that you tried it with the wrong person in the backfire, but I'm telling you, don't make your future husband pay for what the other guy did. That God crafted you, He fashioned you to be a suitable helper and say not build without wisdom. I'm talking about build with wisdom. When God aligns you with that person. He may not have it all together in the way that you see together being. You know, in your mind, you may be like like he was saying that, from a financial standpoint, you may have an ideology that he has to make five hundred thousand to a million dollars. You know, you're looking for the one percent it's called the one percent, or you're looking for the one percent, and then you get mad at God because he hasn't introduced you to your husband yet, and Gods, he looked for one percent. Now I can make miracles happen.
Speaker 3: And then to someone who thinks that way. Unfortunately, if he has it all figured out, why does he need you? Where is your value? Where is your Proverbs thirty one? Where is your multiplication? So ideally you want to find someone who you can multiply with so that it's evident what your purpose is in his life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's real key which about to say, I'm glad that she said that because I realized that through a dating that a lot of women want a finished product. They don't want to grow the man anymore. It's just like, are you where you're supposed to be?
Speaker 1: Great?
Speaker 2: Like, pick me up and let's go, and so that's become a problem and you.
Speaker 1: Don't realize the value comes in the evolution, the growth process. That's where he'll find. He'll find you and'll be like, man, you was with me while I was still shooting in the gym. You know what I'm saying. That's the value of it. But if he already got together, I'm telling you, I have a lot of friends that are wealthy. They'll switch you out so quick because they can just go purchase another woman. Because that's all it took. He purchased you. You didn't realize it. And so it's the difference between and I hate it when I hear so many people talk about the high value man, the high value woman, and most of those things that they call how value is just monetary. And I don't ever believe that people's value is based on monetary. I want you to have high values, not to be a high value man or woman. And so you need to have high values. And a lot of times people are overlooking the high value man the high value woman because society, secular society taught us or programmed us what a high value man or woman is. And so I come against that spirit right now, the name of Jesus for that to fall off your eyes, and God give you the gift of discermon. So when God aligns you with your purpose partner, you're able to see him. You're able to see her through that lens in the eyesight of Christ. That's what I speak of your life today.
Speaker 5: Sorry, I have a question.
Speaker 3: So a lot of men that are highly sought after have difficulty today committing to one person. And I hear all these stories from women who say that they want to have, you know, one on the bench, one here.
Speaker 5: They want to switch them out.
Speaker 3: Talk about the process that you went through to be able to say that you can or you are ready to commit to one woman. Because we know that the longer you wait to get married, the less likely you will get married, and the more stuck in your ways you'll be. So what makes you know that you can be committed, be faithful, and have one woman.
Speaker 2: That's a great question. I would say, it's just my upbringing. I grew up in the church. My foundation was already laid. Of course, I want to have fun as I'm growing up, figuring out who I am as a man, find myself stuff. But ultimately I went right back to my programming from the beginning. So it's up to it to my parents. That's why I got to give to I gotta give to my parents for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And do you have an accountability circle or a pastor that you like who holds you accountable to them?
Speaker 2: I have my one of my brothers that I live I live with. I have my mother, but obviously sometimes I can't talk to moms about all that stuff. So my brother and then my best friend, Justin he's married, successful marriage. I was the best man at his wedding, and yeah, we talk about a lot of marriagetuff. I've seen so much him and his wife going through ups and downs, they've had children and still through it all. Man, they stick together. So I've learned a lot from him.
Speaker 3: I love that just because a lot of women are in situationships or they've been dating someone for five, seven, ten years and they're still not where they want to be. And so I think that just even hearing you as a young man having accountability circle is so powerful because if you're not if you don't know where you're going, the truth is you're not going anywhere.
Speaker 1: That's true. They mean, ask you this, if God brings you your person. You're able to see her, you know she sent by God, you vetted her through your accountability circle, your mom approved, gave you the thumbs up. I know where this is going. I'm out the game. Yeah, I'm out the game. How long will it take you for you to be out the game? How long will it take for you to put a ring on her finger?
Speaker 2: Okay, so this one, this one's interesting because.
Speaker 1: It's tricky.
Speaker 2: If I go by the church rules, we can't really quite live together. And so I got to figure out a way to really know her daily habits and everything like that. And how much time is it going to get me trigger that out? So I would say, let's add meet a woman with with going on dates we started seeing each other, I'll probably go through about three. I'll give like three months of that. I should know after that time, like, all right, this is someone I want to actually be very exclusive with and intentionally like really build for the future together. Then a year after that, I'll probably propose.
Speaker 1: So you said, so about a year and four months, about a year and a half, year and a half, And you said, because I like when I listened to language of people, you said, if you went by the church rules. What rules do you go by. I'm in the church, so I go by the church rules. When we stepped on the other side of this church, when you go by some different rules, I'll go by the church rules, man. And so it's interesting because people say that a lot. They'll say, I need to see their daily habits. Why do you think that's important?
Speaker 2: Because that day to day man, it's a lot like living. When someone's a lot, I've done it before. You really see who they are twenty four to seven. It's not just like, oh, they came on the day and they're looking pretty and the happy. You get to see the good, the bad, the ugly. You get to see your habits, how messy she is in the bathroom, no apolish here, that is there? Like all those little things matter. And also my habits too, like does it work out? And what do we need to adjust? And once you realize you got to make that adjustment, sometimes that breaks a relationship.
Speaker 1: So when you said this is interesting, I love having this conversation. So you lived with a woman outside of God's will. It didn't work, but you have a fear of doing things in God's will and it not working. Because of daily habits. And sometimes I like to give voice to that because oftentimes we look at things of not working and go, see they were messing those daily habits the key to it. Yes, we're all different. We're all different. I can tell you in that eight months that Ashley and I have been married, we're totally different. She's a whole lot more neater than I am. It's more organis. That's about all I'm gonna say. But and so the reality is that those are the differences. Differences aren't deficits. And sometimes in those differences, that's how you can grow and find oneness with each other. You hear the all time. You hear couples that have been married for years that say, somebody likes squeeze the two paste from the bottom, somebody else likes squeezing the two paste from the top or the middle. And that can cause a total breakup in the relationship. But it's not the two paste. It's underlying issues somebody doesn't like. I remember when Ashley and I first got married. I've been single for a long time. I keep the toilet seat up, you know what I'm saying. She was like, why don't you just why don't you. I get up in the middle of the night and I fall in the toilet. I'm about to fall the toilet. I said, you got hands too, Why you can't google? You can't lower the toilet seat. I have to raise it up. You can't. You can't pull it down. You know what I'm saying. And it sounds so simple, But all I started doing was adjusting. I started adjusting. I even changed out the toilet seats so you get those little quiet, closed ones. So I just slap it and let it go. H By the time I'm in the bed, it done lowered by the end. But the reality was I had to learn to adjust, and it was a quick adjustment. If one person is clean, someone else is a little messy the other person. Since you're so clean, it shouldn't be a big problem with you picking up the mess or the person should be finding balance to say, all right, well, let me go ahead and lean more to you, and when your deficits I can pick up and be better then. And that's the beauty of marriage. So often we're trying to alacarc the struggle and say, if I do it this way, then maybe I can learn everything I need to learn. So they can be easier. And I'm here to tell you that in the process, in the process of it all, I'm not saying that it's easy, but it's worth it. That is, when you're you never lived with somebody before, y'all never lived with each other before. With everything else, Thank your Holy Spirit. When you go get a job, your first day, I'm a job, you don't know nothing. They give you somebody to shadow. They'll bring you somebody else to say, hey, I'm here it is it's Ashley Askedy's gonna show you the ropes around here. They're showing you the culture of what that job is. They introduce you to people and you give them the grace to take you into a whole new environment that is a part of your livelihood, to show you the run of the house. But in marriage, we want to fix it before we get there. And I just think we have things so backwards that if we really submit to the will of God, that this too shall pass, that the very thing that we're afraid of, those little habits that we have, it's so small and it becomes something that you laugh about six months later, eight months later, and your lady like you remember how messy you was you to I don't know why you just take clothes off, throw on the floor and then walk in the closet. You can't just pick up your clothes and throw on the dirty clothes hamper and then you find another opportunity to grow. You know what dang I did. Used to do that all the time. All right, Well, cool, as my suitable helper, how can you help me? And it's some things that I want to help you with as well, go ahead.
Speaker 3: And ask them, and it gives you the opportunity to grow in grace because now I know his heart. Right, he went out, he got a soft closed toilet seat. He's thinking about the toilet because I'm OCD. That's what he didn't want to say. I like things nice and clean, and I thrive in cleanliness. But it lets you see what kind of heart they have. So when you find someone and their heart is trying to please you, then when the toilet seed is up, you walk in and you just say, I know their heart they love me?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, and you have the grace.
Speaker 2: To cover it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it'd be that serious. I ask you to come and she'll put you know how y'all women go tear the toilet it's toilet paper, and put it on the seat before you sit down. I said, you're doing way too much, you know, And so then you start learning. Okay, well, let me start wiping the toilet seed. It just gives you an opportunity to start learning. Is that, tim, I, because you started wiping the toilet seat, start doing all that stuff. But it just gives you an opportunity to serve. We have to understand that marriage is about service. It's about servitude. And I just want to encourage you to because a lot of times we try to figure everything out before time. And I love In the Bible, it says and as they went they were healed when Jesus heal. And as they went they were healed. They got the word, they got the healing, but the healing didn't fully manifest until they went. And so in marriage, that's what marriage is about. It's not about figuring everything out on the onset. It's about And as they went they were healed. They kept growing, They kept giving grace over situations, They kept rebuilding each other, they kept showing each other that they loved that. When they got upset, they came back to each other and allowed each other to heal each other's wounds, and that's what marriage is about. He was about to say something a minute ago. I don't remember. This is good tho. I'm loving the word. Amen. So as we wrap up, what is something that you would like to say? As we close.
Speaker 2: In terms of what's just like my dating life, and we spoke about a lot of different things, whatever you want to whatever comes to mind. I just appreciate you for bringing me here on this pod. Just throughout my journey of just making content, I had no idea what I was doing. Same thing in just life in general, I have no idea what I'm doing. But throughout the content I realized sometimes you just have to go into the dark and just you will be guided and land where you're supposed to. Life just has a funnier way of working out. It's just a whimsical way about life. Like I said earlier, I don't know how I ended up on this pod here in front of you guys. Hearing some stuff that both of you said is really actually inspired me. I'm going to go home think about some of the stuff, maybe watch this back, and I'm glad we could have this conversation in front of everyone. Here, and I hope they all got some gems from some gems from this.
Speaker 1: Sarky. I want to speak. I want to pray over you real quick, Heaven me found. I lift up my brother Sarky before you. God. God, you know the plans that you have for him, a plan to prosper him, to give him a great future and a great reward. So Lord, I ask right now the name of Jesus for you to continue to give him discernment that when you bring the woman that you have predestined for him, to say, I do to that it's beyond a shadow of a doubt that he knows that she is the one. God, I speak suddenly over his life right now in the name of this. This is not something that's delayed. I don't want to hear that he's forty five years old, still looking for his future Wifey, God, to ask right now the name of Jesus for you to do us suddenly give him wisdom, give them insight, give him grace for the woman that you bring into his life. And God, I speak right now that they do great exploits in your name, God, that they have a kingdom agenda, that they please you, that they glorify you, bring him a godly woman, bring him a virtuous woman of God, bring him a woman in his life. When she hears that he's abstinate, she doesn't see it as a child much for her to break his aptinist, but she sees it as something that you have brought into his life to even honor her. In the name of Jesus God, we thank you in advance for the testimony that's going to come forth. We give you all the praise, the glory, and the adoration. In Jesus' name, we pray, Hey man, everybody say, count it, so count it, so count it. So thank y'all so much. Listen, sarky, May the love you share today outlive the season you're in.
Speaker 3: May it carry you through the days when words are few and faith has.
Speaker 1: To do the talking. Y'all. Give it up a sarky y'all. Ladarian thrust it suddenly into child protective services. In twenty fifteen, my nephew, Black, a boy the likelihood have been adopted outside of kinship slim to none Rmione, sixteen years old, Black a boy with five years in the fossil care system. Before I even knew his name. The likelihood have ever been adopted. Yep, you guessed it, slim to none. While Laderian and our money were trying to survive and barely thrive in an overpopulated and underfunded Falseter care system, I was living my own life, doing well professionally, having been a single father with a daughter who at that point was doing well in college. It was my time to live my life right. Wrong. I felt unsettled, tireless, agitated. There are just two many of our black children stuck in ambiguity and in the limbo of the Falter care system. In twenty seventeen, I legally adopted my nephew Ladarian. Fast forward to twenty nineteen. I had no ties to this other young king, but I felt God instructed me to adopt them. Also in I O, Babe, starting over with parenting should have been enough. Right, Working with various foster care and adoption agencies to help bring awareness to the countless young Black Kings and the Falster care system should have decreased my agitation. Right. Joining the board of directors of Advantage of Adoption and organization that helps find permanent adoptive homes for children in Falsil care should have led to some type of resolve. Right, No, not at all. None of it felt like I had done enough. I now realized that every one of those experiences was land the fundamental foundation for my life's mission. Kingdom Royal. Kingdom Royal would be a luxury, state of the art home for foster boys. Our first location will be in the Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex. We will utilize the whole person approach that instills identity, empowers them to advocate for themselves, and enlightens them regarding new perspectives and limitless options that they thought were impossible. Though. The young Kings will attend the local public schools that are in proximity to Kingdom Royal. Our at home curriculum will broaden their worldview through participating in the arts, attending various cultural events, learning about and engaging in multifaceted discussions about current events and even relevant historical contexts, introducing them to gardening and landscaping, and even caring for our animals on our form and on site stables. We just launched our startup capital campaign with the goal of raising two point eight million dollars. Now why two point eight million dollars? Well in twenty seventeen, I created a web series in which I performed random acts of kindness for targeting the homeless community. One of the most notable successes was that one of the videos went viral, garnering twenty eight million views. However, one of my biggest regrets is that I didn't raise a single dollar to help in implementing a more sustainable plan for the homeless community. So throughout the years, with much remorse, I reflect and on not maximizing that moment. I knew if at that time just ten percent of the viewers donated one dollar, we would have raised at least two point eight million dollars that could have really established long term support for the homeless community, or at least started a long term initiative to do so. This is my do over, this is our new beginning. Together, we can attack this at the route by specifically helping our homeless Black boys who are already disproportionately represented in the American foster care system. I'm a Terisarwheedfield. I've been nominated for three regional Emmys documenting my work with the homeless as well as my personal adoption journey. Despite those accolades, the greatest award for me is truly providing the infrastructure for a transformed life. Visit Kingdomroyal dot com for more details, Crown a King and make a donation today. I hope you enjoyed this episode of the Dear Future WIFEI podcast. Remember be lit, live intentionally and transparently, and don't stop loving. Make sure to subscribe to our Dear Future Wife and YouTube channel. We're available on Podcasts A Little Podcasts, Spotify, and Stitcher. Be welcome your support. Simply share our podcasts with your friends and family.