Speaker 1: Just another day nothing. The Lord is name. Let us be yours and be glad and it. God is good all the time, and all the time. God is good. Y'all, Please help me work with my best friend, Bishop Joseph Walker, the senior pastor of Mount Zion Missionary Baptist Church of Nashville, Tennessee.
Speaker 2: Bishop, Good morning, Good morning everybody. Bishop Joseph Walker here Mansion Church, Nashville, Tennessee.
Speaker 3: And let me tell you I'm excited to be cheering with you today. I got a word for you.
Speaker 2: Isaiah forty three eighteen and nineteen says, remember you're not the former things, not the consider the things of old.
Speaker 3: Behold, I'm going.
Speaker 2: To do a new thing. Now it shall spring fourth, shall you not know it?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna even make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert. Can I tell you something? Have you ever traveled from center to city and stayed at a different hotel?
Speaker 2: I know I did. And one morning, man, I checked into a hotel after being on the road the day before. Later that the evening, I walked, you know, down the hallway, just with so much confidence as I found that I thought my room.
Speaker 3: Was right there at three h six. Then I reached to my pocket, pulled out my key cord, swiped that. Nothing happened. I swiped it again.
Speaker 2: And nothing happened.
Speaker 3: Looked around to make sure I had the right room. Fired one more time, and the light flash red. Went downstairs.
Speaker 2: I'm having a I mean I'm having a pity party.
Speaker 3: I'm tripping. What's wrong? What's going on?
Speaker 2: Until I realized the problem, I was using yesterday's key trying to open today's door.
Speaker 3: The door wasn't broken, hotel wasn't wrong.
Speaker 2: The key belonged to another place. And that's how many of us live our lives. We keep trying to open the day's opportunities with yesterday's disappointments. We approached new relationships with old trust issues, and we faced new blessings with old fears, and we ender fresh seasons carrying old hurts. I want you to understand something. This season, you got to let that old stuff go.
Speaker 3: Some people are still trying to unlock the day's joy.
Speaker 2: Well, yes to day's pain.
Speaker 3: It's a new season, and I want you to walk into it.
Speaker 2: Sometimes even requires you letting go of that old key.
Speaker 3: Hey, in the words a profit of Elsa, let it go. I'm visit Joseph.
Speaker 2: WallWalker the third.
Speaker 3: Hey, I want you to make sure you follow.
Speaker 2: Me at Joseph Walker three on Instagram at Joseph Walker three. You've been listening to the Biggest Smiley Morning Show.
Speaker 3: Be blessed.
Speaker 1: Hey, y'all, that's the one and only Miss Joseph Walker, the senior passer of Mount Zion Missionary Mount the Church, Nashville, Tennessee.
Speaker 4: On the FREAKYT Moining Morning Show.
Speaker 3: Frinds.
Speaker 5: Good morning, Good morning, Ricky. It's Tuesday, August eighteenth. Here's what's going on in the news. The deadly flood disaster in Indiana. Ricky is now shifting into a recovery operation, but the same storm pattern has caused new problems farther east. Flood warnings remain in effect this morning across parts of West Virginia and southeast Ohio, and at least one person has died in West Virginia after her vehicle was swept away by floodwaters. In Indiana, rivers are finally falling after record flooding killed at least seven people in damaged roads, bridges, and hundreds of homes. The good news, much of the region should get a break from the heavy rain today as the storms system finally pushes east. In other news, President Trump is defending his order to scale back joint US South Korean military exercises after South Korea declined to help the US with Iran. Trump says America has about twenty eight thousand troops stationed in South Korea to help protect the country from North Korea, and he doesn't think the US should keep defending allies who won't help in return. But critics say that's a risky way to handle a decade's old alliance. These exercises are designed to keep US in South Korean forces ready if North Korea attacks, and with North Korea expanding its military ties with Russia, critics say that reducing these drills could weaken to tears and make other US allies question just how a dependable America is Elsewhere. It's primary day in three states today, with some big races on the ballot. Voters in Alaska, Wyoming, and Florida are choosing candidates for Congress and governor. Florida's governor races especially crowded with the packed Republican field trying to replace Ron De Santis, who can't run again. Because of term limits, plus several Democrats are in the mix, and in California, two Democrats are facing off in a special House selection to finish a former Congressman, Eric Swalwell's term after he resigned following that sexual assault accusation. For everyboney on these stories and more, Gdrick Smiley want to show dot com now here's the look at sports.
Speaker 4: Rock d The sports genius is in the building.
Speaker 3: What a mine?
Speaker 6: Well, the off court saga continues in the WNBA. Fans were asked by WNBA security personnel to cover their shirts that had messages about transgender women participating in women's sports. The league by saying the fans should have been free to wear their t shirts and they continue to have that situation right there. Absolutely, Jacksonville, Jaguar two way superstar player, Well he and a superstar.
Speaker 4: Yet, but he will be.
Speaker 6: Travis Hunter, he plays wide receiver and defensive back, sat down with Ryan Clark and explains why he wants to continue to play on both sides of the ball.
Speaker 7: I think you are a Hall of Fame corner. I also think you're a Pro Bowl caliber wide receiver. The people who become those things, though, Travis, they play every snap in the game at that side of the ball. How do you feel you can reach your full potential at both positions if you have to split time. So my main focus is be the best.
Speaker 8: Ain't nobody yet been the best at both full time?
Speaker 1: Trav.
Speaker 7: But that's a there's a reason because it's hard. I hate the sideline.
Speaker 8: I do not want to say that I can't sit there and just watch football.
Speaker 1: I gotta be on the field. I know that's right.
Speaker 4: I know that's right.
Speaker 1: Nobody I didn't want to sit on the vent And.
Speaker 6: Just because it hadn't been done yet at the best on both sides, that don't mean that it can't.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 6: So I love it, man, go for it.
Speaker 7: Do what you gotta do.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 6: That's my quick sports support right there.
Speaker 8: Spot. Drop it like it's hard.
Speaker 7: Drop it like it's hard.
Speaker 6: At the spot.
Speaker 7: It's the.
Speaker 1: Time, an hour, time at the hot spot.
Speaker 3: What up, Brad, What up?
Speaker 1: Ricky?
Speaker 8: Good morning, everybody. I'm your girl, Brat Tat tat and this is the hot spot where we bring you music, movies and more. So let's get on off into it. What a jury is set and opening statements in the trial of Dwayne Keith D. Davis officially began yesterday at the Clark County Courthouse in Las Vegas. Now, keithd is charged with the murder with the daily weapon for allegedly orchestrating the nineteen ninety six fatal drive by shooting of Tupac's corps UH. He has pleaded not guilty. Both sides gave opening statements yesterday, with prosecutors calling tupax fatal shooting an active revenge. Meanwhile, the defense argued that there is a lack effects in the case and prosecutors do not claim KVD he fired the fatals jots thirty years ago, but insteage then les he orchestrated it in retaliation for an assault on his nephew. And yesterday Las Vegas Police officer Gary Dale took the stand to answer some questions about his brief encounter with two'clock the night of the shooting. And here is a little bit of his testimony.
Speaker 4: What's your responsibility as it relates to mister Shakoord as the MT working on, I was trying to talk to him to find out what had happened, excuse me, gather information to see who who would fired out them?
Speaker 3: Did you wind up writing anywhere with mister Schaicord.
Speaker 4: Yes, I wrote to the hospital and the area's with him during that time period between the time you get to mister Short as the time period he gets safety into the hospital.
Speaker 5: Are you able to have any sort of communication with mister Short?
Speaker 4: He was still talking and I was trying to I was trying to commits him to tell me the name of whoever is assailants were, and did he ever, Yes, he responded, no, no, we'll take care of it.
Speaker 3: Something like that.
Speaker 5: Well else sounds like he knew who it was because he said we'll take care of.
Speaker 8: Him absolutely, you know, and you know it's a cold. You don't really snitch on people, right, you take care of the business anyway. The jury panel will remain anonymous to protect their privacy, but we do know that the panel includes ten women and six men, with twelve primary jewors and four alternates. If convicted, he d faces up to life.
Speaker 1: So he was close to Pock and sent him up.
Speaker 8: Supposedly he was the per well his nephew they beat up. Allegedly they beat up his nephew. If you see the video from years ago, you just the boy on the ground they beat him up or whatever. He did something somebody who had a chain. It's a whole story behind all of it. But I guess that guy was his nephew. And then I guess he's supposedly retaliated allegedly by orchestrating pot getting shot for them beating up his nephew. I don't know. It's been so many different stories. Uh, we'll I'll just keep y'all posted on what comes out in this trial. Because child people ain't talking, they is talking. Half of them dead like it is crazy. Allegedly Keith was the opposing gang leader on that side of town too, out on the west coast right, and allegedly a lot of police officers were also gang members and they had a lot to do with it. And it's a lot allegedly that happened.
Speaker 1: Yes, a lot of corruption, it is.
Speaker 8: It is, and it was all crazy.
Speaker 1: There is a lot of corruption like that. You'll never saw the crime because when everybody came solving, when everybody criminals.
Speaker 8: Or in everybody dead, who go talk right? All right, y'all, we're gonna move on. Cardi B is the new face of Old Navies new most Wanted Denim Fall campaign. So congratulations go out to her, and she says the partnership is a full circle moment during the IG Live CARTI thank the company for holding her down back when she was in high scho and here's what she had to say.
Speaker 5: Look at God.
Speaker 6: Do we love her?
Speaker 5: She said, look at God?
Speaker 8: Yes, Yes, and another card he knew. She reportedly has filmed a tiny desk concert with NPR, So I'm gonna keep y'all posted on that because i know that's gonna be good and funny and all the way live. All right, if you missed any part of the show, make sure you check it out on the Ricky Smiley Morning to Show podcasts available wherever you get your podcasts, and you can catch me on all my social media ads.
Speaker 5: So soa Brett, Well, Ricky, it is National Couple's Day and there's so many things we could talk about, so I'm not sure why we chose this, but listen up. Finally, we haven't answered to one of the most important questions nobody asked for on National Couple's Day? Is it okay to pass gas in front of your partner? Well, Ricky, researchers in Australia actually studying this more than six thousand people participated, and they tracked more than three hundred and sixty thousand farts over about ten days. Well, wait till you find out, way till you find out more. Okay, So first let me give you the SATs. More men technically said yes based off of their actions and freeiness to release gas, averaging about five point two parts to day, while women average four point eight. However, previous studies found people may pass gas ten to twenty times a day, and one study Ricky used smart underwear, Yes, smart underwear, and it recorded an average of thirty two farts to day. So, now, Ricky, be honest. If you can't fart in front of your if you don't far in front of your you know, significant other, who do you faright in front of I'm just asking, I'm curious.
Speaker 1: I don't even do that in front of the keys. I'm just real, like, I get up and I believe in the courtesy walk. Yes, I'll just go to the bath. Yeah, I can't I.
Speaker 8: Doing all that.
Speaker 5: Such a Southerner is such a Southerner.
Speaker 8: I love you, and you love me, and win a relationship and were married and we we will each other. We peeing in front of each other. I will sit on you and your face.
Speaker 3: You doing here everywhere once every too much.
Speaker 8: You want to you keep trying to wrestle me.
Speaker 5: Let's go.
Speaker 8: I bet you've got that fart on.
Speaker 1: You to this day. I still have to keep every time I come around. You have to have that damn baby powder uh spray that you bought from the gas station.
Speaker 8: Right, because if I get the I'm not holding in.
Speaker 6: It's bad for you.
Speaker 5: It's actually healthy.
Speaker 7: Hold of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then and then you then when you do it, you don't have to open your legs and whole book.
Speaker 7: Your legs and lean back into your whole book and make sure your mouth o