Speaker 1: The Frames per Second Podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another episode of The Frames per Second Podcast. Today we have Nick Duce, even though he don't go by that no more growing job, trying to keep pulling me back though. That other voice you hear is Ken Gola.
Speaker 3: And Mike c. Town Yo, and.
Speaker 2: I'm your host, doc So you know, if you if I'm hosting, were probably doing something with Common Books Nerd.
Speaker 3: You know that type of bullshit, you know.
Speaker 2: So yeah, this time we're doing Daredevil Born Against season two. I think all four of us were on the last season we did season one. I think it was just the four of us then, So we're back at it a year later. And before we get into the review, y'all make sure to join our Patreon where we have exclusive use where you can nominate a monthly film, a monthly discussion, you can nominate trailer reactions. There's so much, so many things you can do over that Patreon. You get solo reviews on the director's cut, tire and Spike is doing something new this month, so check in with that too. He's going to actually start taking topics that he wants to discuss that he can go into detail about and maybe he'll open it up to y'all.
Speaker 3: After the first one, we'll we'll have a discussion with him.
Speaker 2: So but go go check out our patreon, patreon dot com, forward slash frames per second and become a patron. But yeah, let's get into the review, very very first question, how'd y'all feel about this?
Speaker 3: Nick the thoughts? I liked it more than the first season, but the way they ended it was.
Speaker 2: I needed to have a counsel of people to talk about how they ended it, So I'm glad I'm talking about with y'all.
Speaker 3: But overall, I would say it's it's getting better.
Speaker 2: It's not it wasn't a bad season, but it's that wasn't saying too much after the first season.
Speaker 3: So I liked it. I think it was good Mike feeling, Bro, you can have this man, you can have this ship.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 3: This is Daredevil's sleep again.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 3: But and it's not it's not even that it's a bad show.
Speaker 2: It's just so fucking boring. But I'm not I'm not excited for season three unless they bring in some different writers. Because I didn't bother to look. I don't know if these are the same writers from the Netflix ship. I'm assuming not but they need to call those guys, bro, they need to beg them, like, please help us, because I don't want I don't want to watch another fucking season of Law and Order at all.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Originally was supposed to be like both is supposed to be in the courtroom like, well, I'm.
Speaker 3: Glad they changed.
Speaker 2: Well. Actually, the first season I don't remember liking either. I don't think I hated it or anything, but I don't remember liking the first season. But yeah, I think I might have liked this one less bro, mm hmm, how you feeling again?
Speaker 4: I was like you for like the first half of it, probably a little bit more, honestly, like more than half. But I do like the way it closed, and I do like what they may be setting up for for that season. But it was a very very slow dialogue. Shit was barely moving like season you know. At certain points it felt like they really could have condenced it to six, you know. But but yeah, they dragged out a lot of stuff. But overall, I like the way it ended. I think it gave me hope.
Speaker 2: Shits so sleepy, I got might be yan and rub his eyes right now on the review.
Speaker 3: That's crazy just thinking about this shit I want now. I'm kind of with Mike, Man, this is a nah for me. I just.
Speaker 2: I just I don't know, Bro, don't feel like the Daredevil Netflix show. I know I should probably ease that expectation off of it, but it's just like that shit's good, that shit's so good, what the hell are we doing it? On top of that, this was coming out at the same time. I can't remember now a day the day of or the day after of Invincible and the Boys. So like, I'm waking up like and I'm watching this and I'm watching i'm shows and I'm like, Jared Devil was the one. I'm like, I will take my time to get to it, maybe Friday or Saturday. Like I'm not in a rush to watch it at all. And yeah, I mean the season finale was cool. I could get it cool. But I don't know, man, I don't know if it's the editing to the editing seems shoppy, like the pace and it's kind of off. It's just like it just feels this. It feels like a Frankenstein of what Dare Devil should be. Can I ask, though, did it get better.
Speaker 3: From last season?
Speaker 2: Though? Like, would you say like, if you had to just if you only just watch these two seasons, you'd be like, which one is the better season?
Speaker 3: Can you not say like it got better? Because that's that's the basis of my artist.
Speaker 2: I'm not I'm not necessarily terribly against what y'all saying, but I'm feeling like I see where they're going, and I think they're trying to ease back into that Netflix world or that Netflix writing style, but they since they fucked up so much, it's like, we can't go from zero to sixty like we got it because they literally, Mike, they bringing the whole band back together, don't.
Speaker 3: We don't want that band. That band sucks, The band is terrible.
Speaker 2: We don't want them. We just want Daredevil. Well I can say we I don't. I don't give a fuck about seeing Iron Fist. I like Jessica Jones, I didn't really give a ship that Luke Cage.
Speaker 3: Walked in as an absentee. Father. I'm tired that you work. Mike wasn't was at work.
Speaker 1: He was at work.
Speaker 3: He was at work overseas. Bro they ask overseas to work, And is the crazy part?
Speaker 2: You rug and got replaced and got replaced come.
Speaker 1: On, he los his job.
Speaker 3: He basically did. He came. Yeah, it was brought ship. Like it's not like the stereotypical nigga with a second family.
Speaker 2: He listen, I had to go overseas for a few months.
Speaker 3: You are goddamn lying, You're after the Connecticut. You're lying, asked mofucker.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, bro, I don't know who they got right in this, but it's it's not it's not great.
Speaker 3: It's not great, and Nick, I don't, I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't think it was better. I think it's just the same. Like last season was pretty much cool. It was just like it wasn't It just wasn't on par with the Netflix show. It wasn't bad. I know you probably think it was bad, but it was like cool.
Speaker 3: I didn't.
Speaker 2: I was halfway anticipating this season because I was like, all right, maybe they're setting up something crazy, because the way season one ended, it's like, all right, maybe something criss.
Speaker 3: I was like, all right, let's see what you can do with this.
Speaker 2: And that it was there, but it didn't feel like the city actually was like heavily against it. It was a weird dynamic. It was like we're making a political statement and not at the same time, it's like, ye.
Speaker 3: All right, cool, I don't I don't know what y'all doing it.
Speaker 2: I'm not I'm not a fan of this.
Speaker 3: Well, did you watch the Netflix show? Nick?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like what this is is them like and yeah, we do have to stop. I guess we have to stop comparing it. But it's just hard though, because the Netflix show was so good. But what I what I would think is happening here is you're getting used to it not being anywhere near as good as a Netflix show. Yes, that's why we hated the first season so much, or dislike the first season so much. It's because it was nothing like the Netflix show. And now we're just kind of settling into how fucking dry and boring this shit is. So that's probably what's making this season not feel that bad. But yeah, I'm kind of with Jalen. It felt very similar to me, at least to the to the first season. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Once I saw the first season, we talked about it.
Speaker 2: It was like, Okay, they clearly are just they just get you know, it looked the same on the outside, but it's different on the inside. Yeah, And I think again that's why they're bringing the band back together and trying to just get all those viewership more so than actual viewership by stories of viewership by visuals. Yeah, but yeah, I just think and they all and you saw this season they try to piece in like certain things from the Netflix series to like, hey, remember when we used to be good that kind of stuff. So that's why I'm just like, it's not gonna be like that, but it did. It did just get better. So I'm like, I got to give you kudos for that.
Speaker 3: So we're all a time quinch a little bit. But instead of going.
Speaker 2: Beat by beat, no, instead of going beat by beat, because I mean, if we don't beat by beat when I do it over a hour and a half and we don't really have that time anyway, people do a little bit more of like a more rounded review. There are some episodes were jumping in out, but y'all just feel free to we just like an open discussion about it.
Speaker 3: Do y'all feel like.
Speaker 2: This tone is that fits with the MCU is at least trying to do like they're trying to find the middle ground of having a darker tone but still keeping the MCU feel. Is it possible to do that with this show.
Speaker 4: I think this would be the show to do it with if they can find a way to pull it off. You know, it's New York, is violent, is dark, its grimy, and what better place to do it. It's you know, Gotham, right, But I think this would be the show if they if they were trying to pull that off, if they were going for that that sort of feel.
Speaker 1: Hmm.
Speaker 3: I'd rather see it with Punisher.
Speaker 2: If they fuck up Punisher the way that they're doing this ship, Like if if Punisher is just walking around having conversations with people or helping feed the homeless or some ship, I'm out.
Speaker 3: I'm out they could have.
Speaker 2: They could have I guess my my my thing, with your with your with your question jalen Is. I do think the tone could work, but it's too uneven with this show. It's like they don't know which one they want to commit to. It's like, oh, we want to appeal to the people that like the old show, but at the same time, we want to do our own thing. And it's like, all right, well, just fucking pick one then, because you know you can't do what that Netflix show did. You know you can't and at this point, you're fucking wasting these actors time. Like I forget the guy's name, Cox, whatever his name is. He's so good, he's so fucking good as Daredevil, and when you put him in these darker tones, it's perfect.
Speaker 3: He's great at it. But then you throwing Karen old.
Speaker 2: Raggedy ass here fucking running around, fucking drop kicking, and.
Speaker 3: Ship gets this motherfucker the fuck out of here. Bro. I would have rather see that little girl that was the fucking tiger. I'd rather see her running the white white tiger. I'm not I'm not taking care.
Speaker 2: I'll be Karen Well, I should say that, but you know what I'm saying, she ain't no tough guy, like, I'm not buying Karen beating people up. That is her name, right, Karen, the white woman named Karen beating people up? In the.
Speaker 1: About that.
Speaker 4: She did that a V A V T y guy in the final episode, did she stuck up behind him though she god, I don't even remember, and just hit him. She didn't shoot him, No, No, she did shoot him. I was surprised that, nah, I was surprised that Karen was out here doing jiu jitsu or whatever it was.
Speaker 1: But she was chopping on what. I'm like, she's fighting. No, but you know she got it rough man, she herself. Uh did she get beat up A few times? She did.
Speaker 2: She got she got slacked around by the therapist that she was funny.
Speaker 3: Hey, Mike, real talk, Mike, real talk. My sister's watch.
Speaker 2: Have been watching any and everything since I gave them my passwords to all my streaming service and stuff. They told me they was like, Nick, we try to watch their double, but he could not.
Speaker 3: I'm talking about the Netflix one. We couldn't get. We couldn't get past Karen.
Speaker 2: I was like, they said, Karen was so upsetting as a character they could even do that.
Speaker 3: So I can imagine them watch.
Speaker 2: My dad has been my biggest gripe, Like it just feels like and when she does that silent acting, when she's not like, when she's not saying anything and they just like have the camera on her, I'd be like, bro, please stop. She's not that great. She's not that great for y'all to.
Speaker 3: Be doing that. And they don't develop her.
Speaker 2: They didn't develop her character in a way that was believable, right, all right, And her and her acting didn't help it. No, it just was like and honestly off the stream man honestly Jalen in season one, if Bullseye was tasked to kill Karen instead of Foggy. To me, this this because the scene the episode where we get Foggy and Matt back together, it's like.
Speaker 3: Brit killed the wrong motherfucker.
Speaker 2: You you still would have had their double caring about or being upset with Bullseye and like, you kill the love of my life and then you was, but you still would have the relationship with him and Foggy and being able to do their cases. Like, because what they're trying to do with this black girl kid, it ain't working.
Speaker 3: Black girl the lawyer, get out of here, Nick.
Speaker 1: She was so bad she had to go get help for her last trip.
Speaker 4: Granted fisted by the jury, but she went back in there, bro like caring in trouble.
Speaker 2: I don't think I ever agree with you more, Nick, because that was my exact feelings with this, is they killed the wrong person. We don't need care. Matt has so many women this for a blind motherfucker, he has so many.
Speaker 3: Ridiculous how many women in blind and is blind man?
Speaker 2: So but he doesn't have that many best friends Hey, hold on, hold on, Mike, Hey, Nick, I'm about to start acting like that episode of Steve Harvey, the way Mac that Nigga was blind and he had that girl he was blind.
Speaker 3: Show. I know exactly that she was bad too, Mike.
Speaker 4: She was.
Speaker 3: I've seen every episode of Steve Harvey. It was blind. It was when he was his friend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was the woman who played Bernie Max's wife on the Bernie Max Show.
Speaker 3: Okay, he was trying to he was trying to get with her, but she thought.
Speaker 1: He was blind.
Speaker 3: Steve was pretending to be blonde. I'm not doing the way Mac getting him like this. It was insane.
Speaker 4: And don't don't forget Doctor Glenn was his too, the one that slept Caaren.
Speaker 2: That's why she she's like this before.
Speaker 3: He better be.
Speaker 2: Blonde because, heybody, she ain't had no d like like that talk about Look, Matt walked around every single one of these went back. I'm sorry, I can't control my never mind me stop, let me stop. But no, you're right. They should have kept foggy. I know it's I know it's from the comics, but I don't care y'all all the time.
Speaker 3: Exactly. They should have killed Karen exactly, because.
Speaker 2: Again, like I I'm giving this show a lot of grace and I'm grading on a curve, but for what they did, it was just kind of like, Okay, I see where you're going to your question, Jalen. I do agree with Mike though, like they are half stepping all of this, and I'm nervous about the punishing thing that's dropping tomorrow as we're recording this, because it's like, granted, heat John Burnhal wrote it and the guy that he wrote it with is directing it. So if it got passed through and said like we'll let you do your punisher thing, then.
Speaker 3: Maybe it'll be great.
Speaker 2: But what they did with Dear Devil was like, bro, just let it be dark. I don't understand why, Like you have Disney Plus, you put the parental of Riseries on it, like it's it's its own show, it has its own audience. You clearly know that the audience from the Netflix loved the gore, love the violence, love the cursing and all that. Like trying to make this ship like every episode start off with the bad Report Daytime Ship. It's like I don't I don't give it, Like if we're just gonna talk about the characters we don't like. I ain't give a fuck about Can, I ain't give a fuck about Babie. And I did not like how they did the Black Lawyer girl because it was just like she was just in a nothing part. They let the they let Cherry just have a heart attack like he was red Fox.
Speaker 3: Took him out the show.
Speaker 2: I was just like, and and so that's where I was gonna start to like the season opened up with the Northern Star and the ship like sinking and dar Devil being on the ship, but also like some of the political background and.
Speaker 3: And who was the Jack du Quays how you say his name?
Speaker 2: He was on trial?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was on trial during this and you know, as a vigilante did the ATF and all the political stuff? Was it too much for like, just too much of that going on and took away from the show. Or did y'all feel like it worked? Like especially when it first opened up? How did y'all feel in the very first episode?
Speaker 4: I think I struggled with the politics. Yeah, I think I struggled with the politics part of this this show. It wasn't really interesting enough. And I don't and you know, with the whole fake ass ice running around the city, you know, the whole sort of martial law that they were supposed to be under. It didn't really feel like that for the most part. And you know, he had political enemies, but they were sort of powerless. You have mister Charles come in and he immediately put Fisk. Uh no, no, no, you have the ag come in. We tried to put Fisk in his place, and he was neutered by mister Charles, and mister Charles ultimately ended up being nobody by the end of the show as well. So the political part of the show, and that was that was like Fiscus fist hour in this in this show, outside of the moments when he did fight.
Speaker 1: But it just it didn't work for me. That was the issue that I had and why it was slow for me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I kind of I kind of agree with that. You know.
Speaker 2: As as much as I hate the current political landscape we're in right now in the US, I don't know that I need every single show to be like, hey, this is this is what's happening in the US.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Man, Like I feel like if they did it well, like I would be I would be into it, but yeah, the fake ass ice. I couldn't get with it. It just it just felt very cheap. Like I'm assuming Punisher is probably gonna do something very similar, but I'm thinking it's gonna be better. But this, with this the anti vigilante, I was just I was not into it. It felt corny.
Speaker 3: I yeah, I.
Speaker 2: It's interesting you said that, like, because it's like every superhero show is now doing like yep, talking about things from a political sense. And granted we're in the Marvel univers it's it's in real cities, so like you can imagine, like, I'll be interesting to see what New Yorkers feel about this. But overall, with this season made me realize not just the ATF but like the stuff you were talking about, Kim. It's like, I'm actually more nervous about season three because Fisk is gonna be essentially.
Speaker 3: Not there anymore.
Speaker 2: And I think we dealt with this a little bit in the Netflix series when they took Fisk away for a large chunk of the season.
Speaker 3: I think it was a season.
Speaker 2: Two Maybe I'm interested seeing how they move and operate when you don't have two really great actors trying to pull their best out of whatever's the written material is, and like, we're trying to focus on a new villain. Now Matt's in jail, so are we gonna do more Law and Order where he represents himself? And you know, that's probably half the season, and then obviously we won't have cameos from Punisher or even maybe even Karen will get something else. I'm just I'm more nervous as this ended, because Wilson Fisk is now like pretty much if you take him out of this series or this or any seasons, it's like, what do we have left? And you already made a whole political season, so you can't go back to that will It's like what else are we doing?
Speaker 3: Because what they did do was decent, at least for me.
Speaker 2: But I also see that the void is gonna happen now that Fisk is ostracized and basically banished from New York, So then who were who?
Speaker 3: Where does the Devil go moving forward?
Speaker 2: Is more of my question based on how this season went, and I don't try based on everything we talk about, I don't trust them, and I don't think we all trust him either.
Speaker 3: I don't think my issue.
Speaker 2: I guess because I really don't care about season three at this point. It is what it is, Like I'll probably wait till it's done to watch it, but I don't think that's that big of an issue for me without Fisk, Like as much as I love I can't Vincent's yeah, his acting, as much as I love him as Wilson Fisk, I can still see Daredevil without him being the main folk. Like there's multiple stories you can say, especially with his identity being known now, Like there's multiple stories you could you could work from there. You can make things interesting. I don't trust them to make it interesting, but you definitely can make interesting storage from this point, this this task force thing, Like I'm happy with Mike. I don't necessarily need my political statements and shows because I know what's going on outside. But it's a lot of dumb motherfuckers who do need to see this. So that's why it's like I don't really need to see it, but I think it's a lot of dumb motherfuckers that do need to see it, So I don't mind it as much. You just have to execute it and make it done, like make it be good. Right, This is like Mike, it's been choppy, like there's times where I'm like, all right, what are ya gonna do next with that? That's an interesting thready'all are pulling on it, and they don't really go far enough, or the editing or the pacing just goes somewhere totally different, and I'm like, all right, then I can't get invested in this. So I'm not too I'm kind of torn on even the question I asked y'all is how does it work? There was an opportunity here, It was an opportunity here, and they kind of wasted it. So yeah, I mean, I think, you know, for if we were actually complaining about political stuff being in a Marvel show, we kind of sound like hypocrites because we all know that that was in them. But like you said, Jalen is just like just do it well, like do it well, like the way they have the main cop, Like yeah, there are a lot of cops that are like that. But the way that they portrayed him on this show was just so hokey, and he's just like he's just so evil, he's so dark, and he walks into the diner and he slaps.
Speaker 3: Women and it's like bro, all right, man, Like, yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm sure, this happens, but y'all are making this so over the top that like it's just not really that believable and it's not very compelling because it's he's such a corny comic book villain at this point, Mike, he that specific actor is typecast because he plays the same character in the show called Mayor of Kingstown. I think you actually right, yeah, and he plays literally the exact same role. So like they just basically pop them into this to say, do what you did in Kingstown because that's probably gonna bring more authenticity to everything. But uh, I yeah, that's what I'm saying, Like I don't at this point in time, I'm kind of used to seeing this kind of political storylines and fictional shows.
Speaker 3: So it's just like, all right, it is what it is again. Where we end off this season is whereas like we did all that for this.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying, Like, Jayla, that's what I'm like, brouh, he fucked up everything.
Speaker 3: We'll get to it. We'll get to it, all right. So yeah, that's episode one.
Speaker 2: But y'all said, y'all pulled in that all from episode one where y'all like did get y'all like, all right, I'm invested in the show. I'm excited that I came back on episode four.
Speaker 3: I was like, y'all not about to waste my fucking time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I remember Dared Devil moves kind of slow. They don't have a lot of action, so yeah, I was like, all right, I'll wait.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: Episode one ended with Cherry like like Nick said, having a heart attack and uh buys I basically killing two people that ended up seeing the Devil was identity in the first episode. That that part there was like, I was like, are y'all about to have his identity revealed in the first episode? And then when they got killed, like, oh man, yeah whatever, Like but yeah, episode two, we transitioned to where Fist begins to access the people of New York to find Murdoch, but they also have the Vigilantes looking for Daredevil.
Speaker 3: How did you think that was gonna work out? With Fisk asking for that Ken.
Speaker 4: I feel like it was an idea that could have been smart, but also feel like we can't see much more of it after episode two. You know, he was in hiding and people were looking for him, but that was it. It felt like the storyline from that point on died. It never really felt like Mack was I think one of you guys even said it earlier that he was on the run like that. So Matt, Matt spent a lot of time in the costume and in this in this season, so we didn't really see him out of the costume to the last two episodes, you know.
Speaker 3: But yeah, so it really didn't go any work for me.
Speaker 2: When thoughts Nick, I was, I was questioning a lot of decisions in this season as far as like how he was trying to be strategic. This seemed like, oh, yeah, this is smart, We'll look for the same guy twice over. But I can't said it was just it didn't seem like there was a big outcry to find at Murdoch as much as it was for Daredevil. Of course, so like and who's looking for a blind white man in New York? They can do a fuck. So I thought it was just like, let's like how we teased the ending.
Speaker 3: Of the first episode.
Speaker 2: It was just kind of like this whole season was teasing, like are we going to reveal his identity?
Speaker 3: How are we?
Speaker 2: How close are we going to reveal his ident It was like by the time we got to it, it was like, oh, y'all, was just y'all kick the can on that for about six to eight weeks, and yeah, that's how I really feel about it. Was just like it wasn't necessarily a good enough storyline to really focus on it so much.
Speaker 3: Mike, what what?
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 3: What is the exact question? Sorry, Mike?
Speaker 2: How did you feel about the idea of Fisk asking for so Yeah to basically arrest their devil, but wanting to rescue and find Matt Murdoch as a hero.
Speaker 3: I didn't care. Yeah, I didn't care because.
Speaker 2: I guess see, and I tried not to do this, but it's hard not to do this. But with storylines like this, it's very hard for me to be like, Okay, Fisk is running New York City or New York wherever the fuck. I guess it's New York City and he has a vigilante task force. And the only motherfucker you brought in was the motherfucker with the sword. You ain't talking to Spider Man. You ain't going to find fucking you know Luke k No, Luke Cage just I forgot he's in jail. You're not talking to Uh, what's the other what's the little white dude's name? They had the iron fist? I guess I don't know where he's at either, But there are plenty of other, like prominent, you know, vigilantes in New York, and it's like, you think something this big would affect everybody. So when I'm watching this, I got the same feeling I got when fucking Palpatine returned in the fucking sequel trilogy. It's like, Okay, how come only raise out here fighting? Where the fuck is everybody else? That's how I felt with this whole season. So him being like, go get all the vigilantes, but bring me back back Burdock, It's.
Speaker 3: Like, all right, bro, like cool, Like what yeah? It just it just didn't interesting. Man.
Speaker 2: They brought a nigga with a butter knife at their top vigilante.
Speaker 3: And it's like this dude wasn't even doing ship.
Speaker 2: He had a fucking he had a big ass tooth picnic and they really brought him in and put him on trial. Really, and we're supposed to be compelled by this. Oh my god, I hope he gets off. I don't care about this dude. They trying to fuck about this dude they try to make us feel bad from because.
Speaker 3: He was in the cage and ship there he got he ate a lot of coupling song. Bro, he alight be fine.
Speaker 1: And when he got out he left.
Speaker 3: He shu did We didn't see him, Joe, he got the f bout of there. Bro.
Speaker 2: In that fight, see that motherfucker got hit one good time and he said this life is not for me.
Speaker 3: But he's like, I'm out.
Speaker 4: So he told that use whatever however much unique and you won't, but.
Speaker 3: Don't call me. Here's my credit card. But I fight, Bro. I don't like getting real talk.
Speaker 2: But I feel like again, it's like I give up a lot going into these shows, Like we're not gonna see the movie stars. They saving them for the movies. I know, but you can't. But you can't also say like, oh, this universe is blended. If you're not gonna do if you're gonna bring TV show characters into the movies, then you gotta do something in the reverse.
Speaker 3: Like I agree.
Speaker 2: It's like again, I know, Spider Man is doing Spider Man shit, but he ain't that busy because his first part is friendly neighborhood. So in the hood he's somewhere if not him. Again, it's a complaint that we've had for a while, but it's just that this series doubles down on it, because when you're talking about the mayor of New York, it's like that's a huge thing, not even just in the city and the state, but across the country.
Speaker 3: People know that because this is a big, major market.
Speaker 2: If you would love to have more content from frames per Second, become a patron where you can contribute to what we review and discuss. Our Patreon gives the listeners the power to nominate and vote a monthly discussion in film review, while also nominating and voting on weekly solo reviews from each cast member. You also get the opportunity to vote on the publicly released anniversary film, all exclusive to our Patreon. So become a patron at patreon dot com frames per second, where there are two tiers you can choose from. That's patreon dot com forward slash frames per second. All right, So I guess i'll answer that part first. I guess for me, it doesn't bother me as much, maybe because it's also I read. I haven't been reading comics as a late, but the comics are the same thing, Like it could be a street war going on in the same damn city, and it's this Spider Man fighting the street war where Dead Nevil was supposed to be around the corner, and he ain't helping doing shit, and they're never going through shit. This man don't help a missions. That's just what the comics do.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 2: I also just I haven't looked at it that way, more so because I also recognize I don't know what they're gonna do in Brand New Day because Spider Man is technically no one technically knows Spider Man at this point right now, so I don't know what that looks like exactly until and Spider Man is gonna be fighting the Hand in Brand New Day.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, because to rescue the Devil. We all know that.
Speaker 2: So yeah, well we'll see, Yeah, you know what I'm saying, So we'll see how it all lines up. I don't know exactly why he wouldn't have help. Maybe they're answers. I'm not giving that too much grift until maybe I see the movie. But I didn't really think about it. I'm gonna be honest to Mike brought it up. That's one reason why I didn't care. I didn't. I don't ever think about it, Like I just be like, if he shows up, cool, but I know you're probably not gonna show up, so why even give it a thought of like him being.
Speaker 3: Here, not even just Spider Man, like bring in fucking raggedy ass. She hoped.
Speaker 2: Then, like if you if you're not going to bring in somebody major, because wasn't she in New York?
Speaker 3: Yeah, now she's in LA but she's in l A. I thought she was in New York. She's in l A. Well, how did Matt Murdock end up fighting her?
Speaker 2: That's the thing he went to l was dumb he was in He went to l A.
Speaker 3: I thought she was in New York. Okay, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: My only thing with with with with that Jalen was more of like he he's calling out all vigilantes in the city like that was that was that was the only reason I'm like to the one time where I'm like, Okay, we're gonna see some other peoples when like literally he's calling out everybody.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I get your point.
Speaker 2: But through the season we also had that through a line of through line of BB doing.
Speaker 3: Her Furst high.
Speaker 2: You know what, I mean, what did y'all What did y'all think of her doing her little smear campaign of Fisk?
Speaker 3: What did you think of it?
Speaker 1: Mike?
Speaker 3: I could not humanly give a fuck less. It was so uninteresting.
Speaker 2: It was so uninteresting, Like I think that a girl who plays Bbe, I don't remember her name. I thought she played Bbe. Well, she's a good actor. I just didn't give a shit about that character. Nor did I give a shit about her little love interest with Tony Soprano.
Speaker 3: Boy. I didn't care about none.
Speaker 2: Of this, And like the little the little cuts was like, wait a minute, y'all got surveillance all over the city.
Speaker 3: You can't figure out who's doing this shit, Like come on, man, this is dumb. This is dumb.
Speaker 4: Look at the physical makeup of the person, Brian.
Speaker 3: Like, come on man, come on. Yeah, I just didn't care. Sorry, my thoughts on the whole.
Speaker 2: Thing is like her uncle rolling over in his grave right now, kids, he probably looked, He's like we getting choked out wasn't as bad as these videos, Like I really thought this was going to amount to something as far as her getting killed, Like wouldn't it be interested? Like she get killed just like her uncle did for doing you know, investigative journalism. But the fact that it went left it was like I could give a fuck about him or her, So like if you wasn't gonna take both of them out, then oh, we just see her getting those news paper clippings of her uncle as she gets a new job, and about that ship.
Speaker 1: She got his job.
Speaker 2: I see, I've seen the writings that she does. She's so shitty can that she got to use her aliens. That's what she told us last season. So I answer the question quickly. I did not care it didn't pay off and shout out to the shout out to her getting.
Speaker 3: The roll for a few episodes. So that's I guess.
Speaker 2: Ken with Daniel's death worth all the ship we got with him and bb.
Speaker 4: No, But they did try to use that for an emotional build up and to have him do the right thing, and both of them were placed in a very state of conflict because she got this where she has promote Fisk and all the good things he's doing around the city. So her idea is to create this caricature of the kingpin and do the opposite.
Speaker 1: So it's sort of.
Speaker 4: What they say equanimity, No that's euphoria, as Maddie said in Euphorida, Like she just said the balance to both of them, So that's what's her thing. And then same thing with Daniel. Daniel was just stupid and goofy and dumb, and he wanted the job and he got the job, and then he realized he was working with the devil and he had to make the right decision at the end of the day, which again none of that makes sense because he gets in the car and he's like, yo, like, by the way, Buck took me out here, and I thought he was gonna kill me, but we actually went to go bury a body of the first mate that we killed. And since I told you that, I gotta let him kill you.
Speaker 1: And that's it.
Speaker 4: And then he got out a car and she just squeezed his hand hard enough and he was like, all right, well run and don't tell me where you're at.
Speaker 1: And then he just went in there and had a fight with Buck and died. That was it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this was this was bad man, This is bad. Like it wasn't worth it, Like it didn't that. I think that's episode seven. Maybe it didn't make any sense, Like I don't I don't completely like the idea of all right, I ain't. I'm in here struggling with it at first, but I'm gonna go ahead and tell him anyway, and I'm gonna pull up, and then I'm gonna sacrifice myself for you. The only way it kind of slightly gets away is like, oh, he felt guilty for killing that person or like killing that person in the woods, so like this is his penance. But I always felt he was a whole the whole season, Like I felt he was just like trying to find his way up, like trying to climb up the ladder, like he didn't really care about people.
Speaker 3: So I don't, I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't get it because I would think even a little bit of care that he had for her, it would turn when he realized he was shoes using like.
Speaker 3: Hm hmm, well they were about to kiss.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look at him dog like like there wasn't other women beating the door down for that motherfucker. So yeah, but I'm about to lose my life for you.
Speaker 3: Now, I didn't get to kiss about you on that.
Speaker 2: I feel like it would have made a lot more sense if they both ran. Yes, I was why you wait, why are you sacrificing yourself?
Speaker 3: Right? It didn't make any sense. Why are you going upstairs?
Speaker 2: Like, if anything, fine, if y'all want to split up, cool, but why.
Speaker 3: Are you even going upstairs?
Speaker 2: He could have said she punched me, you let him punch you, or something like she got off the car, bro like you just let her run away in and walked upstairs to your death. And I think they were about to kiss. It's just that he was about to just keep kissing her ass. She wasn't giving him no play the whole season, and I was wondering to me, I thought they were gonna do something slick where it was like he ends up not only betraying her, like you mentioned Jayleen, he's been a sleeve ball for most of this series, betraying her and then also killing Buck and being becoming the new right hand man. Like you know what I'm saying, that was his way back of moving moving up, because that's what I thought they were building up for. Like you, first you think Buck is the person that he's fearful of, but then he finds his own you know, kahnahs and does it and kills him himself like the other way around, while also taking care of Beebie, Like it was just.
Speaker 3: It just didn't It didn't. It didn't matter. That's the thing I want to say. It just didn't matter.
Speaker 2: His last few words he said on the ground, like wait till you're the guy like he don't, Buck don't give a damn about what you saying. Then they trying to make it seem like Buck gave a fuck because it took him along time to pull the tricker, like they could just pulled the trigger. You knew he was gonna kill him. You knew it was gonna kill somebody when they got up here. Just go ahead and do it. Yeah, I didn't care. I just didn't care. Again half the season, I didn't care about a lot.
Speaker 1: Of these characters.
Speaker 3: Y'all had a car. Y'all had a fucking car.
Speaker 2: But you still Bebie run that way and I'm gonna go upstairs, get back in the fucking car, or at least make this make sense.
Speaker 3: But I'm with y'all. It didn't fucking matter. It didn't really go anywhere.
Speaker 2: And at the end of the day, I do think that Tony Soprano boy did a good job in that role. He's a good actor, but the role itself just didn't give me anything. Well, eventually we get to Fisk in his boxing match. This is supposed to be the I guess, the the nut punch for us, you know, where his wife Vanessa gets a piece of glass stuck in her head from the incident with Bullseye.
Speaker 3: Did this work for y'all at all? No? Didn't they have kill her last season too?
Speaker 1: Yep, it's like mantot.
Speaker 2: I thought, so, yeah, she got shot, but then she lived and then this time a fucking thing goes in her head. She lived, She died later, but she lived. I was like, bro, just kill this motherfucker. Don't nobody care about Vanessa at all? So no, this it's not like I was like, oh my god, not Vanessa, y'all give a fuck.
Speaker 3: It was the way they killed it too.
Speaker 2: It was just like, really, like, at least make it like if you don't dress it up, dress it up, like, don't let it be no accidental Rick Schi bullshit, like, let Bullseye kill her, like, let him let fist see that.
Speaker 3: He did it. And he like, nigga, I'm one of them.
Speaker 2: Ones, right, thought I agree, like I would have rather seen that it's just and then they try to make it poetically beautiful, Mike, because she had the white dress and then the red came out. Man his wife died and his wife died in a boxing match at that too.
Speaker 3: I know they I think they pulled that from the comic. But it was just like bro were.
Speaker 2: Losing the plot if you keep on just trying to make things be spectacles like it's And what was her head was?
Speaker 1: It?
Speaker 3: Was it actually figure or toy or something? What was stuck in her head?
Speaker 1: Like figure?
Speaker 3: Because I thought he because I thought he think snow glow because you know, bulls just be thought.
Speaker 1: It was glow.
Speaker 2: When when fist broke it, I thought some like like you said, like a little figurine hit.
Speaker 3: Her dad, I thought it was a figurine that was in her head.
Speaker 2: Like it was like the bottom happened when he mantor yourself a glass It was glass.
Speaker 3: It was glass. It's definitely glass.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It was like a country.
Speaker 2: And then and then there they're big escape with all that security was just their double swinging out the window on the one story buildings.
Speaker 4: He doesn't even have Superman strength, no, but he managed to get him out of there somehow. But nah, I'm laugh and finally killed her off because I'm tired of the pump fakes.
Speaker 1: Like me too, rid of her. He told her has to stay home. Why are you even here?
Speaker 3: She don't listen, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And then they spent the whole episode doing her sind off with her having all these damn dreams and ship and then she waking up asking for watermelon juice or whatever.
Speaker 1: She asked, don't like that ship? You need to like what.
Speaker 3: What was that?
Speaker 2: Somebody trying to explain that because he told them to get the juice and not check her. That's when she died. Like if she would have got checked by the nurse, she probably could have lived.
Speaker 3: Man trying to make it sense for like how he really killed her.
Speaker 1: Or some ship, but he didn't kill her. I was like, just didn't.
Speaker 4: Really do a good enough job, and he deserves.
Speaker 3: To die too. That was the most satisfying thing I saw all season.
Speaker 2: They did the whole two arc episode with him, because you know, he was gassing himself up, like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, bro, I could do this the best hands.
Speaker 2: And then when she lived, he was like, yeah, I told you. When she died there and have a conversation with the Kingpin he's talking about to.
Speaker 3: Bring it in. Mother, that would have been you gotta tell him to you.
Speaker 2: He's squeezing me too tight, Like.
Speaker 3: Man, bro, he is. You know, he's a violent man, and you you let his wife that right, and you're going there by yourself.
Speaker 2: But what y'all were they were talking about the dreams and ship that was pissing me off.
Speaker 3: That was pissing me off.
Speaker 2: When Rick Grimes went away, they did the same ship. And we watched Rick Grimes for thirteen fucking seasons, so we cared about that.
Speaker 3: No one gave a fuck about Beanessa in her fucking dreams, bro.
Speaker 2: But when she seriously woke up and was like, give me some watermelon juice, I was like, bro, I want to turn this off. Who the fuck is looking for watermelon juice? He said that make your lips tingle? Why do you want that?
Speaker 3: What? What are we talking about? Who wrote this shit? Watermelon juice makes your lips tingle? Fuck? What?
Speaker 2: What do y'all feel that the reaction from Fisk after this death it fit his character? Yeah yeah that part, yeah, yeah, he got he go ahead.
Speaker 4: But Mike, I thought he was gonna go fucking the same bro, Like Vanessa was everything to him, And yeah, he killed the doctor, but I thought he was gonna fucking lose it.
Speaker 3: Me too, me too. He should have killed him. He made up for it. That's what y'all talking about.
Speaker 2: But that wasn't overheard though she let him tell me some of some of them was there. So there was also something else that was happening this season. Karen was constantly saying that that they had to take there. They had to take a fiscout, like there was no let him go to jail or doing it just this normal way, and Daredevil was like, no, there has to be another way. I just can't do it. Did this pool y'all in at all that Daredevil was having his inter turmoil of like, yo, we have to find another way, and can and bulls everybody else telling him you got to even Jessica Jones, you got to kill that motherfucker.
Speaker 3: Did that? Did that help y'all at all? Ken?
Speaker 2: Did that help you at all? Grab onto a little something this season?
Speaker 1: Nah?
Speaker 4: Because you know, I know he's supposed to be conflicted because of his Catholic upbringing, and you know that always has him kind of questioning or unwilling to go there and you know, I think he was very indecisive throughout this whole season as well. And Karon was supposed to be like that one person that kept helping because he kept asking like should I do this?
Speaker 1: Should I do that? What do you think about this?
Speaker 4: He never really could make a clear decision on anything except not killing Bullseye and s At one point he he Levet he loved Bullseye. He left his beat in the church.
Speaker 1: Best Bro.
Speaker 4: He left, so you know, but he eventually came back. But I think that was also the show, like the conflict that he had with himself in regards to unable to make a decision, but.
Speaker 1: Overall them as a whole, Nah, not really, it didn't. It didn't help me at all.
Speaker 2: Hey, Ken, I forgot Karen got choked up by Kingpin, that's what she wanted to and her dumb ass went up to the bar. I'm like, why would you go up to the bar And he's already the mayor, he already put you in jail. He can do whatever you want to you. She was surprised she got choked.
Speaker 4: You got you got slapped. You surprised you getting choked? You got slapped by therapist Bro.
Speaker 2: Man after the fact, but still I get your point. Yeah, she constantly put herself at harm way over and over again, over and over. Even the way she got arrested. She didn't have to get arrested. Didn't somebody fall or something and she went and like helping you out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he got shot and he went to go check on him, and the White Tiger ran off, and she stayed there and put her map off, mask off.
Speaker 3: Yep, yeah, yeah, Karen Paige, I don't I don't think it was a page.
Speaker 2: I don't think it was a big issue because all superheroes go through this, the ones that try not to kill, they always have this dilemma like this is the worst villain I've ever dealt with in so many ways. Taking them off the map would be easy all my life, but then I'll make me like them. Yeah. What I didn't like was how they use caring so much in those scenes to justify like how far she's been pushed, Like when she had that gun up to Bull's eyes forehead, I was like, bro, if you don't get you to sit your ass down and do what Man had to come in there and slap the ship out of her head, Like the fuck wrong with you asking him what the wrong with him?
Speaker 3: Man? She one doing some dumb ship with the gun to the those Let me do it.
Speaker 2: Let me take this burden off for you. You ain't been helping ship.
Speaker 3: Right you just wait?
Speaker 2: God damn now I'm in jail for your stupid ass. Why do you have from the mission? Just fucking do it?
Speaker 3: You know what to tell? You know?
Speaker 2: Like that's why he was smiling there because he was away from her, right right.
Speaker 3: He at least gonna get some fucking jail, but he.
Speaker 1: Won't even know that.
Speaker 3: You just gotta get her perfume in the.
Speaker 4: Common say why oh man?
Speaker 1: Ship?
Speaker 2: So before before we get into the finale, man, is there any any plot point of anything that I haven't mentioned that y'all really want to touch base on?
Speaker 4: Uh? The only thing I got was, uh, I want to ask what you guys think about that dared Double king ban fight?
Speaker 3: Which one it was like.
Speaker 1: Six or seven? Episodes seven?
Speaker 3: The painting?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, remember that was dope damn right?
Speaker 3: Which one was this? Where where did they fight?
Speaker 1: It was?
Speaker 3: It was episode seven.
Speaker 2: They were in like that winery place and like it was that painting and he ended up punching a.
Speaker 3: Rabbits like glove paint. He was whooping.
Speaker 5: Matt's asked for a minute, got mad though, Man, this is what you want to like, Yes, motherucker, this talking down like.
Speaker 2: We don't have to do this. We don't get the funk out of here. Man, what are you talking about? We don't see eye to eye, but you don't say nothing. You talking about funny motherfucker. Hell, he was saying that he grabbed him and threw him against the wall like I was tossing like a rat dog. He's like, calm down, talking about about you got know the premise of this show, right, this is on fight.
Speaker 3: We don't talk.
Speaker 4: That ship and uh bulls yu bulls eyes uh.
Speaker 1: Cold open Yeah.
Speaker 4: And and when he walked into the dinner that ship was hard though.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying, that's the one character I ain't man at it like I was on the point this season.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I him. I definitely he said I'm good guys, Okay, No, that ship was hilarious. He killed all the and he's like he's waiting for the cops to show up. Both eyes. That guy.
Speaker 2: Even when he had look at the cat to on the way canad dog, he was like it's unsanitary for you to have them in that nig was scared and ship he wasn't all in saying, well, we got the final episode. Yeah, I guess I'm just gonna start here.
Speaker 3: It start that.
Speaker 2: What were you'all thoughts of the final episode? Like, overall thoughts of the final episode.
Speaker 3: It was a goofy end.
Speaker 2: It was it was the is ending, bro, because it was like revealing the secret identity in the courtroom.
Speaker 3: That was that was decent. It was everything that it was.
Speaker 2: It was Everything that followed after that to me was He's got more goofy and extreme, especially when we got to the n words feel like it was like the end of Hamilton where everybody's standing on stage about to take him bath, but it was all in city Hall.
Speaker 3: I was like, bro, And then he did his speech over the banister. It was just like.
Speaker 2: Going to be January sixth for the good guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it just was like, this is just goofy.
Speaker 2: Like the only part that I really like was that he just went man it once he was once he realized he wasn't gonna be mayor no more, and he just said, fuck it, I'm king pinning and start killing I love how they don't explain how strong he is.
Speaker 3: He's supposed to be just a bigger man. I'm sorry this nigger literally was crushing people against the wall. Bro. I'm like Nigo.
Speaker 4: When he told the guy he said, I never seen nobody, just the body, and then punched the ship out of him.
Speaker 2: After the fat bro his punches were snapping. Next, it was like, how a superhuman.
Speaker 3: Like but Matt let it happen. That's what was making me so mad.
Speaker 2: Is I can't say he saw it, but he sees in some kind of way like they showed it, like he sees like I don't know, he sees in some kind of way seeing it sounds, he sees sounds. He got in the stagia, so he knew that Kingpin was killing motherfuckers. And he's at the bottom of the fucking stairs taking his time talking about, hey, y'all stop and you got shot.
Speaker 3: I don't give a buck climb the god damn stairs. You're daredevil.
Speaker 2: What the fuck? He's really trying to talk this crowd down. And this was their idea of a finale. Have a crowd of people run up the stairs and Kingpin just beat them all up and then Matt go up there and have a conversation.
Speaker 3: I'm not here for this, y'all. I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's how Yeah, that's a bad taste to end things off with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't think about it that way.
Speaker 4: I liked it only in the sense because the part you were talking about Kingpin was fucking fuckers up.
Speaker 1: The only thing I was thinking about was.
Speaker 4: Like, Okay, this is kind of stupid because you just you're committing murder, so.
Speaker 1: You're like, you are definitely like now a villain.
Speaker 4: And then they just he killed all Now, now y'all got me thinking about this a little bit more logically, he killed all those people and got a deal to go to a beach.
Speaker 3: Yeah, missy, what do I always say, care white man?
Speaker 2: Look, he did all The only thing they cared about was taking his quote unquote power away and getting him out of office.
Speaker 3: It was that was the only thing they care about. The carnage and all the ship that.
Speaker 2: He did, the people that he killed, the lives that he ruined vicariously, it was just like all that was okay as long as you are not mayor, And it was just yeah, and then and then that's why, like the whole stuff being in the courtroom and like justice. They kept talking about them, like who's getting justice? White Tiger lost to her uncle. She's still upset about that, like.
Speaker 3: Flipping. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, both Daredevil and Kingping got their hallway scenes, but it was just like, if I'm looking at the overall picture, like this city is fucked completely because it's like when it comes to justice, like, who's I'm serving justice anymore? When you know all these people could be bought When you know that all this stuff was really going down. The mayor literally had a port where he was bringing drugs and guns legally and getting a tax.
Speaker 3: Break on it.
Speaker 2: Like it was like, yeah, how do you rebuild?
Speaker 3: And then and then Daredevil was upset with the people because it's nigga.
Speaker 2: Don't want you to kill them either, because y'all it's gonna be it's just gonna be a city full of chaos.
Speaker 3: I don't know what he did, and then he ended up going into that's how gonna Yeah, it makes no sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the action scenes were dope. Before I went and saw Mortar Kombat this this week, like my Homeboy was like you watched the finale of Dare Devil. I was like, nah, He's like, bro, they they did some ship in it. I was like, all right, because I was already had told him. I was like, yeah, I'm not feeling the season. He's like, they got some shit in there for you, and I guess he was just talking about the action scenes because everything. Yeah, I'm like, I don't give a fuck done none of this really, Like I don't trust them with what they're trying to set up. And that's where that's where I landed on this. It's like, all right, they could be great if they had the right people in the room, but you don't. If you, if you, if you tell me, we're gonna get everybody back from Netflix and we're gonna have them just write everything. Bet y'all set them up for some good ship to happen. Now, all right, but that's not what y'all are about to do. It didn't make sense for them to be up there on Ben telling each other this is we're gonna we're gonna call the truth in front of everybody, like, no, oh, that's not how this That doesn't make sense, not for because when Wilson Fitz straight up said he's not going out like that before he went on that rampage when that woman came and gave him the phone because the ag was on the phone and he was like he just hung up on him. He's like, I'm not taking a deal. No, that's that's Kingpin. That's Kingpin. Kingpin doesn't sit up there and take that deal. That does not happen. So for y'all ended there and him to just go on some island, it's bullshit. It is bullshit. So you could have savaged some of this season by giving me a good action scene and maybe Kingpin escapes by doing some crazy shit. But y'all don't even give me that. Y'all just gave me easy out because.
Speaker 3: Y'all don't know what the fuck to do. Yeah, that wasn't that hard, man, It really wasn't.
Speaker 2: It was better than what we got most of the season, probably, like most of the season was block until we've just got basically, so it kind of I guess, yeah, I'm great in it on a curve, Yeah, because if you're gonna focus on politics, make the politics interesting, because like there was two storylines we didn't care about. The main storyline didn't really add up at the end, and then you gave us maybe three great action scenes throughout the whole season. Yeah, yeah, it.
Speaker 3: Just yeah, it didn't.
Speaker 1: It didn't.
Speaker 2: It didn't work for me, So I mean, I don't know, Like I said, maybe season three, I binge the whole season when I'm bored, but I'm not in a rush to watch it at all. Like it really it really sucks because I thought maybe this was gonna go into something great before spoder Man, and that didn't happen. Maybe the Punisher, Maybe the Punisher is supposed to get me more because Punisher is actually in spoder Man. So maybe this this one off that comes out tomorrow while we're since while we're recording.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe that, maybe that'll.
Speaker 2: Do something funny. I'm holding onto a glimpse of hope for that. But other than that, I ain't in the rust to see dad though again while it's under the hands of this MCU need You creatives.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree, I agree. I'm interested.
Speaker 2: I'm interested in Punisher only because it's John Burnhal and I'll watch anything that my man John Burnhal is in. He's the only white man that I will accept saying nigga, and I guarantee this whole season it's just gonna be him. Fucking black chicks and listen to Wu Tang that's money and killing cops. John Burnhal is the blackest white man on the plane. So I'm here for Punisher. I'm with you because the trailer for the special presentation that's coming out this week his black Homeboy that was in the series with him doing with the one leg. He was the one monologue and this shit, I'm oh, yeah, bro, they bringing the whole band back. He forgot about us, No, he got.
Speaker 3: The hood right on his back.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 3: I'm with it. But yeah, I'm with you, Jalen.
Speaker 2: I don't have any more faith in Daredevil with the current writers that they have.
Speaker 3: I hear people are really liking it. I'm glad they like it.
Speaker 1: They do.
Speaker 2: I'm glad they like it. I don't really see what they like, but I'm happy that they're enjoying it.
Speaker 3: But this was not a good time for me. I can see why they like it, just because.
Speaker 2: We're like over ten years removed from like the original are miror of that, so like this is probably a new audience who hasn't seen Daredevil live, who hasn't done their homework, because that's the one thing I was interested about this season. It's like now they're basically saying like because they're trying to bring all the band back together, all the characters, it's like, you got to do your homework now to watch this series, which at first they when they said Darre Deevil born again, I thought they were trying to reboot it. So you didn't like, yeah, if you were a fan of the old one, we have some stuff here for you. But if you just coming in fresh, you don't have to do too much work. Now it's like, noah, fuck that, like go back into your work, which is interesting because that was the case. You could have done things completely different. But that's, you know, an argument we already talked into the ground. But I mean, I'm interested in season three, but like y'all, I probably will just I won't binge watch it.
Speaker 3: I mean, I won't watch it weak, I'll binge watch it.
Speaker 1: Mhm.
Speaker 2: Well, and I'm not I don't give it. Like Jessica Jones, the first season was great, Like I have that as maybe the probably that see the first season is probably the third best season and that holds it like, yeah, so I was hoping it was gonna do something with her. Ain't do anything here to get me excited about her either.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they really didn't do anything with her.
Speaker 4: She just popped up and she just lost the powers because she was pregnant and she got yeah, the center, everything that's coming up with, Yeah, thunder Boats and to bring.
Speaker 6: Luke Cage and all the mother was back in. That's that's all it was. They just trying to appeal to the mixed audiences and stuff. Look this d D I here, devil.
Speaker 3: Can spend there know what I without? That's right? Oh, but I do it for us.
Speaker 2: Man again, man, Join our Patreon where there's more exclusive content. We might be here for season three, who knows if it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, uh but yeah.
Speaker 2: Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, joined the reddit thread, become a patron.
Speaker 3: But until next time, peace y'all