Speaker 1: Yes, the One Voice Crews, man, is applauding with a purpose. And listen, man, it's going to be here before you know it. Now, we sail out of Miami October the 26th through November the 1st. And listen, I'm going to be your host. And man, I'm telling you, man, I had so much fun last year.
Speaker 2: But this year is bigger and better.
Speaker 3: Oh, my gosh, I can't wait. And listen, you know you could use a vacation. So join us on the Virgin Voyages Resilient Lady.
Speaker 4: Self-care at sea, what? Say less.
Speaker 3: We got cabins starting at $ 1, 900 a person.
Speaker 4: Six unforgettable nights.
Speaker 3: So call 214-495-1963 and book your cabin now.
Speaker 4: Then get ready to party with us.
Speaker 5: Call 214-495-1963.
Speaker 4: Did you say party? Hello, party.
Speaker 5: Party starts, man.
Speaker 6: As soon as you get on the boat with a big sail away party featuring Doug E.
Speaker 5: Fresh and the Teddy.
Speaker 6: Riley Experience with DJ Kid.
Speaker 5: Capri, it's going down, man. Brand, who else going to be performing?
Speaker 7: Man, you know your girl going to have to get on that stage and do a little something-something. We got T.I., we got Keith Sweat, D.O. Hughley, Karen White, Tamar Braxton, Latoya Luckett, Eric Benet, Rick Ross, and so, so many more.
Speaker 4: We got Old School Funk and R & B.
Speaker 1: And don't forget about the gospel with Jonathan McReynolds, Pastor Mike Jr.
Speaker 2: Ja'Kalen Carr, and Erica Campbell.
Speaker 6: And, of course, we also got a beach party in Bimini featuring the one and only Wyclef John.
Speaker 5: And that will be hosted by, guess who? Anthony Anderson, Cedric the Entertainer, and Mr. Tendonism.
Speaker 2: Powered by AC Barbecue.
Speaker 6: And y'all make sure, honey, y'all come to my tea party because I'm going to be serving it up, baby.
Speaker 5: And speaking of serving it up.
Speaker 4: Erica and Warren Campbell, y'all also have.
Speaker 3: A viral news ceremony with special guests Tony Terry and Brad.
Speaker 5: Now, you and Judy are going to be hosting something else, right? Yes, indeedy, Gary.
Speaker 7: Me and my beautiful have a fireside chat. Man, it's going to be some space, tournament space, players. We got ultimate space tournament with Makai Pfeiffer.
Speaker 2: Hey, can y'all play space?
Speaker 4: I mean, kind of.
Speaker 5: I'm learning.
Speaker 2: I think I did, too.
Speaker 3: The One Voyage Cruise is fiscally sponsored by UNCF.
Speaker 4: Book your counter right now. Get all the details at OneVoyageCruise.com.
Speaker 5: All right, y'all.
Speaker 1: So make sure you join us. It's a party with a purpose. Listen, man, we're going to have a good time. And everybody that came last year, y'all need to go ahead. We got a few cabins left. Go ahead and call this number right quick. 214-495-1963.
Speaker 2: That's 214-495-1963. 495-1963 or go to OneVoyageCruise.com Let's get it!
Speaker 5: On the Ricky Smiley Morning Show.
Speaker 2: Got your front page right here, Alfredus.
Speaker 5: Good morning.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Ricky. It's Thursday, August 27th. Here's what's going on in the news. America first, unless we're talking burgers, apparently. President Trump campaigned on America first and made it America. But now he's opening the door to more than 600 million pounds of cheaper foreign beef. And we still don't know exactly who's supplying it. Some additional beef, though, is already coming from Argentina. And plot twist, nearly 30,000 pounds of Argentine beef was just recalled after entering the country without required USDA reinspection. So American ranchers are competing with cheaper imports while we're left asking, where are we getting this beef? Who's making sure it's inspected? You know, lettuce gave us cyclospora, jalapenos brought salmonella. Millions of eggs got recalled, and now beef is skipping inspection at this point, Ricky.
Speaker 5: Salad, salsa, breakfast, burgers are all on probation.
Speaker 3: In other news, New Jersey Congresswoman LaMonica McIver is not off the hook.
Speaker 4: A federal appeals court.
Speaker 3: Says she has to face two charges after allegedly getting physical with agents trying to arrest Newark's mayor during an ICE inspection. MacIver pleaded not guilty and says the case could discourage other lawmakers from overseeing ICE. Also in the courts, mail-in voting has not been banned. However, new restrictions could cause some ballots to be rejected. About 25 states are fighting the rules. But don't gamble with your vote. Check your state's requirements right now. And maybe start getting your plan together to vote early so that work, weather and mail delays do not get in your way. Real quick, Ricky, finally, in the should we be concerned department, another passenger plane blew two tires while taxiing at Chicago O'Hare. That's five tire related incidents at Chicago airports this month. This time was an American Airlines flight headed to Charlotte, and everybody got off safely, boarded another plane. But still, there have been a lot of similar incidents during takeoff, landing, or taxiing.
Speaker 4: For more info on these stories and more, go to rickasmileymorningshow.com. Now, here's a look at sports.
Speaker 5: Rock T, the sports genius, is in the building.
Speaker 2: Oh, yeah, man.
Speaker 6: Oh, shout out to the Cleveland Browns fans. Yes, this whole week been about Cleveland, but they mad. They upset and they feel about them.
Speaker 2: Oh, yeah.
Speaker 6: Word is on the street that the Cleveland Browns fans are refusing to buy season tickets if Deshaun Watson remains the starting quarterback. The Browns fans want Shador Sanders as their quarterback.
Speaker 5: So we're going to see what happens, man. But I like it. I like it, man. No disrespect to Deshaun Watson, man.
Speaker 6: But this is, look, man, we understand this is a $ 230 million decision, and it has nothing to do with the playing on the field. It's this money that they invest into that bad contract. It's about that time, though. NFL will be eliminating the Pro Bowl game, but they still will recognize the top 88 players from the season. So they need to do this, man, because the Pro Bowl game, it was bad.
Speaker 5: It used to be fun to watch when they played defense.
Speaker 6: Now, you got the best players in the league coming together to play, and they was really playing back in the day.
Speaker 2: They're just skipping around. They ain't doing that.
Speaker 8: Nah, man.
Speaker 5: They started getting watered down. Then they changed to flag football.
Speaker 6: Flag is cool. You know, it's entertaining. But now they say, you know what? We're going to scrap the game and just recognize the players.
Speaker 5: So I'm all for it.
Speaker 2: Then they start letting Gary with the team go out there. All that. Yep, exactly, man.
Speaker 8: Wow.
Speaker 5: Last but not least, man, former NBA player J.R.
Speaker 6: Smith, an old video resurfaced on the Internet of him speaking about how most black athletes blow most of their money on dumb stuff rather than investing it back into our communities.
Speaker 9: I'm not counting your chips, but everybody else's. So you make $ 200, you make $ 200, you make $ 175, you make $ 150, you make $ 180. Why don't y'all have your own gym? Why we got to go to UCLA to work out in LA every time? We about to build this whole shit out for our community. We're going to build gyms, rec centers, start leagues and all that. Who's going to stop us?
Speaker 5: We got the money. We don't have the mindset.
Speaker 9: Our mindset, we'd rather go throw.
Speaker 2: $ 60, 000 in the club, in the strip club.
Speaker 9: Go throw $ 60, 000 than go feed 2,500 people in the hood.
Speaker 5: Now, right, listen. Man, for the record, he telling the truth.
Speaker 6: But I will say there are a lot of pro athletes that are giving back and doing and uplifting their communities, man.
Speaker 5: But he's speaking the gospel on.
Speaker 2: That one right there. I ain't never doing no whole bunch of money up in no strip club.
Speaker 5: I'm collecting that bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 8: Send up that damn girl walking around with them damn stomachs.
Speaker 2: That look like some balled up homework.
Speaker 8: Sir.
Speaker 2: I'm not doing it.
Speaker 4: It's men in there with stomachs that look the same.
Speaker 2: Oh, man. It don't matter. We ain't walking around with no string on.
Speaker 8: And they're pointing the stretch marks, spell their name, Rashida, and cursing them.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 2: Not doing it.
Speaker 3: Nope.
Speaker 2: Ain't going to be doing it, man.
Speaker 4: Not Rashida. That's a long name.
Speaker 2: Rashida is cursing in stretch marks. Oh, my gosh. What kind of tattoo she got, dog?
Speaker 8: Got a tattoo of her baby daddy and his grandmother before his grandmother got shot.
Speaker 5: Oh, my gosh.
Speaker 6: Brad, please.
Speaker 5: Wait a minute. Drop it like it's hot. Drop it like it's hot.
Speaker 4: What did that turn into?
Speaker 1: I know, right?
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 6: Grandmama got to get a shot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: Her great-grandma, 43.
Speaker 8: Oh, great-grandma, dang it. Rest in peace, big mama. You throwing money on big mama. Got big mama's face up there. Big mama's face on your lower back holding the Bible. Oh.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 3: It wouldn't be cool to look at.
Speaker 4: What'd you say, Brett? It was hot?
Speaker 8: She had best fit tees and was in turtle shoes.
Speaker 1: Uh-uh.
Speaker 2: Give it up for Black Stockings and White Shoes.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 2: We're not doing it. Brett, good morning. This is time for the hot spot.
Speaker 5: What up, Brett? What up, Ricky? Good morning, everybody.
Speaker 7: I'm your girl, Brad Tatat, and this is the hot spot where we bring you music, movies, and more.
Speaker 4: Y'all crazy, so let's get on off into it.
Speaker 7: Well, y'all, Jafar Jackson may have a possible explanation for his aunt, Janet Jackson's absence from the blockbuster movie Michael. He thinks that Janet may want her own movie. He told GQ magazine, I don't want to speak too early, but Janet has ideas of maybe doing her own film. He also raised the potential problem of establishing one actress as Janet and Michael, but he only four different actors to portray her if Janet does eventually develop her own film. Jafar did not say a screenplay exists, but he did say Janet has ideas about possibly doing her own film. Director Antoine Foucault says that he respects Janet's decision not to be portrayed in Michael and emphasized that she remained supportive of.
Speaker 5: Jafar in the movie.
Speaker 7: So for people who think she wasn't supportive, she did remain supportive.
Speaker 5: Do we want to see Janet Jackson? Yes. Absolutely.
Speaker 4: I do, too.
Speaker 7: I do, too. Because you never know, you know, from the inside what she was going through. So it would be good to hear from her and let her, you know, produce it and let her make sure she has a lot to do with everything that goes on in the movie. so that would be great to see it.
Speaker 5: And you probably be a part of it you was part of her life for a long time part of her life for a long time i thought she dated jermaine Moving on, Dr.
Speaker 7: Dre has revealed that he is using artificial intelligence, that's AI, as a tool in his music production now. He told the New York Times he sees AI as a modern equivalent of the drum machine or synthesizer and views resistance to it as a failure of creativity, and he doesn't see it as a threat.
Speaker 5: Because we all know some people do.
Speaker 7: He also thinks that those who oppose AI song generation tools are afraid of learning new things. Now, old school rapper DJ Quick does not agree. Here's what he said about it.
Speaker 5: It's a total violation of culture. It's appropriation.
Speaker 6: You can't recreate somebody that's still here doing what they do.
Speaker 2: That computer is not going to have my nuances.
Speaker 1: I watch AI programs on YouTube and they mispronounce words.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean? It ain't ready yet.
Speaker 5: It ain't human. I'd rather have.
Speaker 1: Bad human material than good AI material.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 5: You agree?
Speaker 2: I ain't feeling that AI thing. Uh-uh.
Speaker 7: But it's almost like it's going to be taken over, though, regardless. Everybody kind of using it, but they just not saying they're using it.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 5: So, Dr.
Speaker 2: Dre, you're going to go to Follies. They got AI strippers.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 5: You know what? Yes, sir.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 5: They got to get off stage and get plugged in to charge it back up.
Speaker 7: The more information on these stories, the more you go to rickysmileymorningshow.com.
Speaker 5: Make sure you check it out on the Ricky Smiley Morning Show podcast. Whatever you get your podcast.
Speaker 8: Nope.
Speaker 7: You can catch me on my social media ads.
Speaker 5: So, so great.