Speaker 1: Come on fund.
Speaker 2: Hey, Good morning everybody. This is today that Lord has made. Let us be joking, to be glad in it. And here to help us get our day started, is Pastor Ken Sutherland, Junior, the senior Pastor of New Direction Church in Indianapolis, Indiana.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Pastor Sullivan.
Speaker 4: Good morning Ricky and the Ricky Smiley Morning Show family. This is Pastor Ken Sullivan, Junior, the senior Pastor of New Direction Church in Indianapolis, Indiana. I am so blessed to be able to come in and pray with you guys today. So Father, even now, we actually you would visit us in this moment. God, that you would lead us and that you would guide us. God, that you would order our sketch, help us to be careful with what we say and what we do and how we respond to things. We praying ask God that even on today you would help us to take out time and.
Speaker 3: To just breathe, to meditate, to pause.
Speaker 4: We ask that you would free us from all worry and anxiety and fear.
Speaker 3: Your word says that you have not given us.
Speaker 4: The spirit of fear, but of love and of power and of soundness of mind. So Father, we prayant ask that your peace would replace any fear and anxiety that we may have or feel. And Father, we just pray and ask that you would help us to be peace makers. That God, as you endow us with your peace, we would share that peace with others. God, we prant ask that you would bless every environment we step intwo we prant ask Lord God that we would see the best even in the worst of situations.
Speaker 3: We ask Lord God.
Speaker 4: That you would give us a sense of security and assurance that you are working things out for our good. So God, even on today, we pray for every single family member, every single person that is battling anything, whether it be depression, or it be a lack.
Speaker 3: Of resources, or it be diseased.
Speaker 4: Whatever it is, God, let your spirit be dispatched to minister to the hearts and minds of your people.
Speaker 3: We thank you for this day and Jesus name, we pray. Hey man, listen, Ricky, thank you again for allowing me to be here with you all.
Speaker 4: If you are ever in the Indianapolis area, I want to invite you to come and be with us at New Direction Church here in Indianapolis.
Speaker 3: Family, y'all have a great day. Hey, y'all. That was Pastor Ken Sullivan Junior.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for that de sniing past of the New Direction Church in Indianapolis, Indiana on.
Speaker 5: The Freaky Smiling Morning Show page.
Speaker 3: Right here a fret this good morning.
Speaker 5: Good hold on, I'm trying check. I'm trying to check.
Speaker 6: Check check Michael, microphone check. All right, it's huesy August fourth. Here's what's going on in the news.
Speaker 5: Michigan.
Speaker 6: Had you heard the first known US deaths linked to cyclospora infection? State health officials say two people have died amid the ongoing cyclosporus or sporiasis outbreak. Both had significant underlying health conditions that may have been worsened by the infection and dehydration. Now Michigan has recorded more than eleven thousand confirmed and suspected cases. Federal health officials have linked nearly two thousand cases in a nine state outbreak to iceberg let US supplied by Taylor Farms, New Mexico and served at some tackle Bell locations. Cyclosport illnesses connected to several outbreaks have actually been reported across forty five states. In other news, Trump says he wants to give Iran every last chance before quote decapitation. Speaking to reporters at the White House yesterday, Trump said many.
Speaker 5: Other Middle East countries called.
Speaker 6: Along with Iran and urged Trump to hold off on planning massive strikes and let talks continue.
Speaker 7: We're talking about the strait and the opening of the strait, having it opened literally by tomorrow, completely open, and that's phase one and phase two, as we then will talk about the nuclear capacity.
Speaker 3: This is not something that if it doesn't happen.
Speaker 7: This is the last chance for them to sign a good document.
Speaker 5: To be clear, he said this tree will be open by today. It's not. But I mean, you know, we got all day.
Speaker 6: His comments come as Iran publicly says it had no plans to engage in talks with the US real quick.
Speaker 5: Well, it's a long story. I'll try to make short.
Speaker 6: A bitter cussy bell involving a US senator and a sitting congressman is making national headlines with a kid.
Speaker 5: This is crazy.
Speaker 6: Ohio Republican Senator Bernie Moreno's calling on Republican Congressman Max Miller, his former son in law, to resign, saying Miller should not serve in Congress and needs serious psychological help. Because his daughter, Emily and Miller have a two year old daughter together. He says, every time his granddaughter's in his custody, he holds his breath. Emily Moreno is accused Miller of abusing her during marriage, allegations he denies. The dispute is intensified because the tiler suffered a broken collar bone and shoulder bruising that medical records set could be consistent with a handprint, So the police were called. How Weafer investigated, Investigations ensued, blah blah blah. No charges were fouled, but we'll keep you posting on what happens with this story. For everyone's stories and morph Garriquez Moiley Morning Show dot Com. Now here's a look at sports rock dyed.
Speaker 4: The sports genius is in the building, right ladies.
Speaker 8: As we get ready for football season, man, there is a quarterback controversy, not really controversy, but no battle, no battle going on in Cleveland Brown's camp between Shador Sanders and Yes, Deshaun.
Speaker 5: Watson is still on the roster.
Speaker 8: After earning that two hundred and thirty million dollar guaranteed contract that he's signed years ago. He's back into conversations. Word is that Shador is actually bawling right now in camp. But Deshaun Watson's like, look, I'm only thirty. I still got some life luff in the tank. So we're gonna see if he can if he can relive that situation that he used to have when he was with the Texans back in the day. In the meantime, Lebron James's agent Rich Paul is breaking down his opinion on competitive youth sports, and the kids are playing way too much basketball, way too much basket.
Speaker 3: If you don't need it, We don't need fifteen tournament. You don't need it. I can tell a guy who has pro potential in two minutes.
Speaker 5: A lot of injuries are happening a lot earlier too.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he's he's kind of He's accurate on that, man. This competitive sports landscape a whole kids.
Speaker 2: In golf and tennis and other sports, in soccer.
Speaker 8: I mean, but it's all sports, man, I mean, it's a tournament.
Speaker 2: We put kids in sports.
Speaker 6: That we like that's right, or that we want them to do well in, but they just let them be athletic and well rounded.
Speaker 3: For he is the deal.
Speaker 5: What he's saying.
Speaker 8: He related to basketball right there, then for that example. But in all sports on the highest competitive level, and you on the youth sports man, they playing every weekend.
Speaker 5: They are playing every weekend. Guess what guys in the NBA don't play all summer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm don't you.
Speaker 8: That's a whole other conversation. Drop it like guit on, drop it like it's on.
Speaker 6: Kiss me at the this the at what a Ricky. So Marlon Jackson is behind a new Joe Jackson docu series coming to b Olka Prime. Now when I read this, I was like, oh, Marlon James Jackson. But I kind of want to know about this because listen, Marlon is going to narrate and have developed the series, and the Jackson's announced the series on Instagram under the title The Manager, The Mythology, The Legend.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 6: B ok Prime said the first season is going to have eight episodes and it's.
Speaker 5: Going to carry a commitment for more seasons.
Speaker 6: But the production will reportedly examine Joe Jackson's early years, his personal struggles, his ambition, and of course him managing his kids careers. But I kind of want to know what led Joe to be, you know, the way he was, So this could be good Marlon Jackson's what, No.
Speaker 5: What you mean the way he was, I mean the way he was with his kids. He I mean, he's the reason his kids are stars. But he was also very mean and he beat them.
Speaker 9: And I'm saying that because, damn it, he was disciplined in his children. Yeah, had he not disciplined his children, they wouldn't be who they are today.
Speaker 3: That's jsit case then.
Speaker 9: And I don't like that word beatmhen people always do that beat.
Speaker 5: We got whippings, we did, we did.
Speaker 6: But I think that the way he disciplined Michael Jackson mean Michael Jackson a different person because Michael Jackson was the breadwinner.
Speaker 3: And Michael was more sensitive.
Speaker 6: Okay, well yeah, because some of our kids, some might be sensitive, some might not. That's a lot to take on as a child to be the breadwinner of the family and this and get beaten too.
Speaker 5: I ain't gonna fight you, though, because this ain't a kick, Marlon Jackson Jackson, Okay, I'm just reading the story, my man.
Speaker 6: So Marlon Jackson said, quote, our father's life is replete with triumphs and challenges, and we firmly believe that this series will offer a distinctive and accurate portrayal of the man behind our family. The release date hasn't been announced, and speaking of the Jackson family, I'm excited about this. Jaffar Jackson is a bona fide superstar. We know that if you saw Michael, so Michael Jackson's nephew Jafar, and if I'm reading this correctly, Jermaine Jackson is going to be starting alongside Will Smith and the action thriller Supermax.
Speaker 5: Now, Will Smith's going.
Speaker 6: To play an FBI agent investigating a fatal crime inside a maximum security prison. We don't know yet what role Jafar is going to play, but he's gonna reportedly have a really major pivotal role in the action thriller.
Speaker 5: Production on this film starts this month.
Speaker 6: No release date has been announced, but it will stream on Amazon Prime, so that's pretty cool. And if you're missing any part of the show, make sure you check it out on the Rickey Smiley Morning Show podcasts available wherever you get your podcasts, and you can catch me on all my social media at George Alfridez.
Speaker 3: Round of the Morning Show.
Speaker 2: Listen it's just all I mean, Ricky, Yeah, go ahead on the y'all.
Speaker 3: Y'all, y'all talk about my nerves ain't even book.
Speaker 5: His nerves ain't even good either.
Speaker 1: So this morning Gary and I rode together and I drove Gary and why is that my car? My car broke down and he gave me a ride. But because he didn't know the area, I volunteered to drive. I just said, hey, Gary, you want to drive. I didn't think he would say yes, and he said yes because it's really dark where I live, and so he felt more comfortable with me driving.
Speaker 5: Getting to the highway.
Speaker 1: We get on the highway, I'm going fifty five miles an hour in the far right hand lane. Gary is clutching the arm thing. He's telling me girls stop. I said, Gary, I'm going fifty five, like at one point I think it went fifty nine because the speed limit went up to sixty.
Speaker 5: And he was screaming, what excuse me?
Speaker 9: No, he was not okay, And I'm very serious and honesty. First of all, you know, my nerves is bad right now. I'm going through whatever I'm going through. But anyway, I let Beyonce drive me because I was I don't know the area and it was too dark.
Speaker 5: But Rick, I'm apologizing to y'all.
Speaker 3: I'm really serious.
Speaker 9: I'm apologizing to you have freetas and I think I did.
Speaker 3: You don't.
Speaker 9: No, I don't apologize because if y'all feel the way I felt this morning, I apologize.
Speaker 5: I was horrified.
Speaker 9: I was really horrified because I just I don't know what it was. But I told you, I said, I'm apologizing to everybody, and this is how y'all felt the way I felt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just think I think when they come to your driving, you might want to have the doctor check your equilibrium because like I literally saw you drive like in the with the lane coming in between your two front tires. Instead of you being in the line, you're driving right in the middle like three times, and they don't go ahead.
Speaker 9: No, I'm sorry, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: No. And you don't use turn signal and you don't obey, you don't stop before return, you don't yellow lights.
Speaker 6: Like one hundred miles per hour, like one hundred miles.
Speaker 9: Explain the road, you know, and and I dealt with it, ye and Ricky, I probably I'm not saying this because we're on the radio after what you told me last week. Do I was driving away things who are going I felt bad and I felt a little road rage again, yes, said, but I'm trying to take back after we had this discussion, you know, because people are shooting people and carrying on this stuff.
Speaker 2: I said, Garrett, Garrett, you can't blow at people in Dallas, in Atlanta, in the.
Speaker 3: Houston, but you have to move.
Speaker 10: You're sitting there, Okay, you gotta calm down. But why are you about to cry? Because I just felt that. And I tell you I'm get experienced or something right now, So it's gonna be all right.
Speaker 2: I'm remember that melopauls ain't no joking.
Speaker 8: I know one thing, man, This one time I seen Gary drive calm, slow and good is when Diana Ross is playing on the radio. So you're gonna have to listen to Diana Ross every time you drive.
Speaker 3: Gary.
Speaker 2: That song by when we when me and you and Vida Laker pulled up to the club, you start crying in the car about glad Night, Gladys Night. Yeah, that song, right, we were doing carryo get that night we pulled up in front of the club and that song by Gladys Knight came on and he said we had to stay in the cart.
Speaker 3: You get through crying sound wrong, I'm talking it, neither one of us.
Speaker 9: I don't know if we need because she said, if anyone should ever write my life story, for whatever reason there might be, she said, you will be there between each line of pain and glory because you're the best thing ever happened to me. And it just brought to here somebody, and you're making me want to cry. Now, let's not do this.