Speaker 1: Hi, Oh, let's go oh, Let's go oh, Let's go oh, let go.
Speaker 2: What about to Shawan's News Talk one oh seven point nine FM WBT. Brett Jensen here with you on this ridiculously active Friday edition of Breaking with Brett Jensen as we go up until seven o'clock tonight. Seven oh four five seven oh one oh seven nine is the telephone number that is also the WBT text line, driven of course by Liberty Buick GMC and guys follow me on X at Brett Underscore Jensen for all the letters to Breaking News in and around the Charlotte area, And boy do I mean that more than ever today. If you follow me on X like every single one of you should, because it's completely free, you would have known that I was the one that broke the story today that Charlotte Monroe City Councilman Gary Anderson resigned. Today went into effect effectively, I went into existence at five pm today. I broke that today, somewhere around one thirtieth or so, broke that story that he had resigned. And then a few hours later I broke the story that is now going viral that a group of girls have filed a federal lawsuit against Cabarr's County Schools for violating of Title for violations of Title nine, which include and not limited to, allowing boys to use girls' bathrooms and allowing boys to use girl locker rooms at cox Mill High School.
Speaker 3: And there's a.
Speaker 2: Lot to get into with this, and that's where we're going to start off tonight. Oh and by the way, real quick, I also want to mention that Congressman Tim Moore will be joining us later on as well. But there's a lot to get into, and we're gonna start with the federal lawsuit because this is something that I have been covering NonStop. I mean, I've interviewed Congressman Addison McDowell about it. I have interviewed Congressman Mark Harris about it both weeks ago weeks ago, and I have spoken extensively about it and spoke about how all the Cabaras County school Board people, including the former chairman's wife, were gutless and spineless, just gutless and spineless because they were worried about getting sued if they stopped boys from going into girls' bathrooms. Well, guess what, the chairman's wife, the former chairman's wife and that's the rest of the school board. Guess what, you're now getting sued, and you're getting sued in federal court. And oh, by the way, there's going to be a second federal lawsuit is probably gonna be filed next week, at least according to people close to the situation that I've spoken to. So here's the situation, the America First Legal It is an organization. How many of you have ever heard of the name Stephen Miller, the bulldog up in the White House?
Speaker 3: Right You all know.
Speaker 2: Who he is, right if you pay any attention to it, Like he's one of the three most famous people or foremost famous people up in DC right now, close to the President obviously, Caroline Levitt, Tom Homan of Homeland Security. You know, the Bordazaar and Ice and all that. So there's a lot of you know, there's a Marco Rubio. Well, Steven Miller's right there with them, and it's his organization that you know, he used to be a part of. And then when he joined the administration, then he you know, he removed himself from that organization, but he founded it, he helped start it.
Speaker 3: And it's a.
Speaker 2: Legal thing, and it's illegal and they file lawsuits where they think it should be filed. Well, guess what this organization, America First Legal, filed federal lawsuit in Greensboro because Caberra's County falls in the middle District of North Carolina, even though it borders Mecklimber County and Mecklimer County is in the western district of North Carolina. This is filed up in Greensboro at the Federal Courthouse on behalf of three girls. And basically it's a very fascinating for violating Title nine. And it's a very very fascinating situation involving all of this. I mean the fact that according to American First Legal, America First Legal, they gave Cabarras County Schools until July twenty fourth, exactly one week. Aldgo today to hey, you know what, you need to rescind allowing boys to hang out in girls' bathrooms and you need to rescind that. And if you do, guess what, we won't fall suit. We won't file a federal lawsuit. Well, Cabara's count Schools, being the gutless cowards that they are, including the chairman's of the former chairman's wife of Cabert's County GP.
Speaker 3: Gutless, pure, gutless and spineless.
Speaker 4: Well, that lawsuit was fouled today, and I'm not exactly confident that Cabrera's County commissioners are going to help pay for the defense in this because they're not for allowing boys to be in girls' bathrooms.
Speaker 2: So I have it on pretty good authority that had Caberra's County school said, look, boys cannot use girls' bathrooms, and had like somebody like the ACLU, a far leftist group like the ACLU, or one of these boys pretending to be girls tried to file a lawsuit. From what I'm being told, Cabrera's County commissioners may have helped in funding paying for lawyers. Now they're on their own, and good for Cabrera's County commiss if they have zero to do with the funding of the defense of this.
Speaker 3: So three girls.
Speaker 2: Filed lawsuit today for cox Mill High School for the situation at cox Mill High School only, and that is extremely important, extremely important, cox Mill High School only. I've been told by people close to the situation that next week another federal lawsuit for violation of Title nine will be filed against the Cabaras County School Board from the same situation happening at Mount Pleasant High School. That's what I've been told, and I have it on pretty good authority. So one federal lawsuit filed today, Another federal lawsuit is going to be filed. And you know what, we sat here and we talked to Congressman Addison McDonald, We spoke to Congressman Marquerris.
Speaker 3: By the way, I called Congressman Harris about.
Speaker 2: Not even well maybe an hour ago, not even an hour ago, and he gave me a statement. So in the next segment you're going to hear what Congressman Mark Rris has to say. This is all hot off the you know, hot off the presses, breaking news, as they say. And I was the one that was able to break this news and have the most detail about it. And I've been fortunate in that and I was very, very fortunate that I was able to do it and the people trusted me to put this out there. But basically, you have you know, the three girls are not obviously mentioned because they're miners, and obviously when they feel like they've been wronged or whatever, you're allowed to use Jane Doe and Mary Doe and Alice Doe and Diane Doe and all that. Right, So you got all that, but basically they said, look, we will give you.
Speaker 3: You've got time, just.
Speaker 2: Right the wrong don't be stupid. Well apparently they were. Apparently they were, and now this federal lawsuit will go national.
Speaker 3: I remember speaking to one of.
Speaker 2: The congressmen about this, actually probably both congressmen about this, that if you want to be known for a federal lawsuit, be on the right side, don't be on the wrong side. Well, the gutless and spineless Cabaras County school board who didn't want to do anything for fear of being sued, and now they're being sued not once, but probably twice in federal court.
Speaker 3: They're now becoming famous.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't you have rather have been famous for preventing boys from being in girls' bathrooms in that lawsuit? Because, like I said, you don't think you would have won. You don't think this going to the Supreme Court would have gone in your favor.
Speaker 3: Are you serious right now?
Speaker 2: But no, they didn't want to do it because they're gutless and they're scared, and you know what the big thing is. Also, and as i've said, the most hypocritical part in all of this, all of it is that the former chairman of the Cabart's GP, who you know, I likened to Boss Hall. He liked to control the county politics. And I asked him one time, you're trying to control the county commissioners and his response was, well, why wouldn't I. I'm the head of the Cabarts GP. Why wouldn't I try and control He literally told me that I can tell exactly where.
Speaker 3: And when he told me that to my face.
Speaker 2: Well, his wife, who got appointed to the Cabars County school Board, guess what, she's just one of the spineless ones as well. And on top of that, had his wife not been on the school board, he would have been the first one out there protesting. But because his wife's out there, he's not saying a word. It's kind of funny how he went underground after all this one happened. All this happened, you're on the wrong side of history. And here's the thing. They will have to live with that for the rest of their lives. And now, guess what you're now going to cause taxpayers tens of thousands, potentially hundreds of thousands of dollars, maybe millions of dollars for violating a Title nine not once, not in one.
Speaker 3: Lawsuit, but in two lawsuits. So when we come.
Speaker 2: Back, you're going to hear from my conversation about an hour ago, less than an hour ago with Congressman Marquerris.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to breaking with Brad Jensen.
Speaker 2: So as I broke earlier today, the America first legal I have filed, has filed a federal lawsuit in Greensboro, in the Middle District of North Carolina on behalf of three girls and their parents at cox Mill High School in Cabert's County for allowing boys to use girls' locker rooms, girls' bathrooms and the like, things like that and violating their Title nine rights. And when that went down, I reached out to the two congressmen that I've spoken to extensively about this, Congressman Mark Harris and then later on Addison mcdell. But I was able to catch up with Congressman Harris and earlier again about forty five minutes or so ago, and here's what he had to say about this situation with the federal lawsuit.
Speaker 5: Well, thank you so much for asking for a reaction to the lawsuit that was filed earlier today in federal court. Listen, I think this is exactly what happens when you find a situation that young girls are feeling violated, when their parents are concerned for the safety of their daughters. This is the kind of thing that happens. It's unfortunate that it has come to this. But whenever parents and young people turned to their local school administration and feel like there's no relief, and then they turned to the local school board and the county administration and there seems to be no relief, then where is it that they turned. I asked that question to the Secretary of Education at a hearing that we had on educational Workforce, and I referenced that there were two high schools that it had come to my attention that this was occurring, Coxmail High School and Mount Pleasant High School in Caberras County, and that I was very concerned. As a result of that, it's my understanding that a investigation has been opened by the Department of Education concerning the Title nine issues that are happening here. President Trump had been very clear from the time of his inauguration there are only two genders male and female. He had also been very clear that through executive orders that we were not going to have women in men's restrooms and vice versa. And he had made it very very clear and that if schools choose to violate this, then they will stand to lose federal funding along the way. So I think a number of officials have tried to make that point to leaders as we've had conversation, And I know that these parents have been looking for relief, and when none comes, it's obvious to me that through this lawsuit that they believe that a jury may very well find that this is just common sense that boys do not belong in girls' restrooms and boys don't belong in girls' locker rooms. And I think that this is the result of what you're seeing happen.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, Congressman Harris brought up a very good point that I left out in the lawsuit. Followed on behalf of six people, the girls, I should say, the three girls and three parents in the lawsuit, America Firstly, demands actually I believe it says demands, not requests, a trial by jury.
Speaker 3: How do you think that's gonna go?
Speaker 2: How do you think that jury will find not just North Carolina, but most of the states. You know, maybe not Oregon, maybe not Seattle, Washington, you know, maybe not some weird places up in Maine or Vermont or New Hampshire or maybe even New York City. But the majority of the places, almost all of the places, I'd probably say eighty five ninety percent of the places in America are gonna find on behalf of these girls like they just are now. Maybe hell will freeze over and the girls will not win their lawsuit.
Speaker 3: I find that hard to believe.
Speaker 2: But I also know the Department of Education is investigating these this situation. So again, a lot going on, by the way, before we get to the break, because Congressman Timore is going to be joining us momentarily, and then it is Panthers Friday. Earlier today, about one point thirty or so, I broke the story again on ex Brett Underscore Jensen about Monroe's City Councilman Gary Anderson resigning his post in the midst of an internal investigation of ethics by Monroe by an independent investigation that was started by the City of Monroe and Mayor Robert Burns. Anderson was accused of inappropriate stuff with a fifteen year old boy. He called police on anderson simpities. Crimes against children unit investigated this. They didn't have enough evidence to file charges. The district attorney agreed, and so no charges were filed. Doesn't mean that something didn't happen. It just means they didn't have enough evidence, and so they dropped the investigation because there was an enough evidence. So he resigns today. He resigned today, effective at five pm. As a matter of fact, there's a city council meeting in two weeks. He had lost his primary. He had already he's a Republican and he had lost his primary back on March third. Six people entered the primary, the Republican primary in March, and Gary Anderson came in fourth. An incumbent came in fourth.
Speaker 3: That says a lot. That says a lot.
Speaker 2: So that doesn't mean that the investigation still won't go forward potentially or I guess maybe it wraps up. I guess the investigation has wrapped up. But again we're talking about a situation where a sitting city council member who has denied any wrongdoing resigned today, effective at five pm. And again I broke that story on X at Brett Underscore Jensen. So when I say in and around the Charlotte area, I mean it broke a story in Monroe today and broke a major story that is actually going national viral right now on Caberras County schools and their failure to protect young girls.
Speaker 3: And so again that's why I say follow me on X.
Speaker 2: All right, when we come back, Congressman Tim Moore will be joining us, and we're going to talk exclusively almost about the Warren Ran and we're also going to talk to the economy, so we'll talk about that when we return.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to Breaking with Brett Jensen on.
Speaker 2: This ridiculously active Friday night edition as we go up until seven o'clock tonight. Okay, so last week I interviewed Congressman ten More and the interview was very, very long, and I had some extra stuff that I wasn't able to play last week, and I wanted to actually let you guys hear what he had to say because I asked him about the Iran war, we talked about the and prices in the economy. So I want to continue my conversation with Congressman Tim Moore during the interview that we did last week, and here's how that went.
Speaker 3: Congressman.
Speaker 2: We've seen the attack of more cargo ships. We've seen service members unfortunately killed over there in the Middle East by Iran drones and missiles and whatnot, and it just seems to be escalating. And then when it seems that it's not going to escalate things are coming down, it escalates again, always by the case.
Speaker 3: Of Iran doing so.
Speaker 2: So I'm just curious, what's it like up there in Washington, DC, Like, what's the scuttle butt, maybe behind closed doors?
Speaker 3: Can you take us behind the curtain a little bit.
Speaker 6: Well, first of all, my part goes out to the family members of those who have lost.
Speaker 5: Their lives, and I just.
Speaker 6: Hated that any member of our American military loses their life in this conflict. I'd tell you the starting point is for me that Iran cannot be allowed to have have a nuclear weapon period. They cannot be allowed to have a nuclear weapon. They have proven time and time again, as recently as yesterday, they that the leaders of that country are maniacal, evil, crazy people. They are firing missiles at other countries that aren't even in.
Speaker 5: A conflict with them.
Speaker 6: They're firing on of course, firing on our military basis. They are firing on ships in the Gulf. They are intentionally trying to create economic havoc with oil prices, hoping that that will pressure the US and our allies to just kind of leave them alone. And let's not forget that regime killed over fifty thousand of their own people who simply disagreed with them. Now, I'm not one that I'm not advocating boots on the ground, and I don't advocate that the US go get in the middle of conflicts abroad just willy nilly. I think we have to be very careful what I would like like to see, Brett as I would like to see a clear definition of what this victory look like. I don't think we need this back and forth and kind of changing, I think. And it's easy for me to kind of armchair quarterback this thing because I know the President has a lot of pressure on him as far as what to do right now, but we can't. You know, I don't like the high gas prices.
Speaker 5: I don't like any of these things.
Speaker 6: But I'm want to tell you, if Iran gets a nuclear weapon, high gas prices are going to be the least of our problems because these idiots would use it, and they would use it against the United States. And I mean, you think about this is a country whose leaders every year before their National Assembly opens up every day chant death to America. I mean, we know where they stand, and I think it's you know, we need to do whatever we can right now to keep them from getting a nuclear weapon. My hope, frankly, is that there's a regime change, but that's going to have to come from, you know, within inside their country. There's got to be a lot of things that happened, but you know, perhaps weakening their leadership their military enough is going to create that opportunity where those people can rise up and get rid of the nut jobs who are in charge of that place. I just but it's a dangerous time and I think we've you know, I think we have to be very careful about this, but I just think we also have to be resolute that we cannot allow a Ran to have nuclear weapons.
Speaker 2: Congressman Tim Moore joining us here on breaking with Brad Jensen. Is there anything that you'd like to say to the listeners about any particular thing that we haven't talked about.
Speaker 6: Just know that the other issue that we didn't discuss that's on my mind every day. We alluded to it is that of affordability. You know, there are some who say affordability is not an issue, it's one hundred percent affordability, cost of living, whatever you want to call it, is an issue. And I want to tell you what we're dealing with. We're dealing with. You know, we inherited from the Biden administration. Was it nine percent inflation? I mean, just out of control with what was happening, and we're trying to roll that back in a lot of different ways. I don't think anybody saw, you know, the stuff in the RAN coming that obviously is thrown a kinking things with the fuel prices.
Speaker 3: But we passed.
Speaker 6: We passed a couple of weeks ago. Now the Road to housing, that's that's a complicated bill in some ways, or a complex bill, not complicated but complex, but its designed to increase the supply of housing. Probably the greatest demand on people, the greatest struggle or for folks who want to buy a home. You got a lot of young people right now, Brett, who were renting, and they're probably paying more in rent every month than they could to buy a home. So we've passed some great legislation to make loans, to make it easier to get loans, to increase the supplies by getting rid of some of the regulations that duplicate or conflict about you know, being able to get you preassemble things and stick built homes. I mean, there's a lot to it. I encourage your listeners to take a look at that bill, that Road to Housing. There's a great summary out there. The banking reforms are great. And then the thing that I'm also working on is to allow people to use their four to one k's and the college accounts and like the five twenty nine accounts to be able to use those without tax penalty when it comes to the purchase of a home as well. That will particularly help your young buyers who have difficulty in coming up with a down payment have an easier source, tax free that they can use to get that down payment, because a lot of times what we see is, you know, it's not the monthly payment, it's that down payment that's an issue. And then I think the Fed's got a lower interest rates. I mean, we have to make the reality of owning a home more accessible to more people. But I'd say that's probably the other issue that's top of mind for me and that I can actually point to and say, hey, we got something done. But I mean, it's not going to change overnight. It's going to take probably a few months for that to start being implemented and work its way through through the system.
Speaker 5: But at least it is now law.
Speaker 2: Congressman Tim more right here in District fourteen, which is parts of Meckelburg County, Gasing County, Cleveland County, Polk County, Burk a lot of counties that you are involved in. So again, thank you so much for taking the time to join us and really letting us in on a little bit of insight concerning the Iran situation.
Speaker 3: Again, thank you so much for joining us tonight.
Speaker 6: Hey, great being with you. Take care.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to Breaking with Brett Jenson on this crazy active Friday night. Panther fanfast starts in about forty minutes or so, starting at seven point thirty, and so it is a Panthers Friday, and so I wanted you to hear a lot going on this week. So here's head coach Dave canal Is talking about a lot of the different things all.
Speaker 7: Right, Finally feels like camp. We got a little sun, little heat, little humidity. Guys got some good work today. Ended with the nice move the ball period that was very competitive and again just trying to you know, harp on just penalties, you know, just little things that come up, keeping the line of scrimmage clean. It was another pretty good day, but in the move of the ball, guys get tired. We had a couple of pre snap deals there, so try to hit the guys on that and really nice finish. Bryce a t Mac in the back of the the end zone on a little double move, so a way to go for the offense to just kind of finished the day that way. But they went back and forth. The energy was right from the beginning, starting in team run, and the guys got after it today. So I'm really proud of the group. Questions, Obviously there's been a lot of injuries.
Speaker 8: How do you feel they've responded to injuries, especially when you're not stopping drills and going back out there and passing Davis?
Speaker 7: What it was that for Chris Love, Yeah, Chris, same knee, so just something happened. He felt weird on it, sat down. We took him in. We'll get a full evaluation and get a picture of that and we'll give you guys more information there. Yeah, so this is than that you know with Mitch Evans it was. It was ended up being kind of a low ankle sprain. So we're we're optimistic we can turn them back around and get them back out there for fan Fest. Speaking of which, fan Fest Friday night, uh, seven thirty a great event. The last couple of years, there's been a really great showing there. And we try to simulate a game as much as possible, and that's a I love that. It's a challenge on me to go to make sure I throw different situations that guys place the ball in different spots. We'll have special teams. Uh, there'll be a couple of you know, trick plays on offense on special teams and things that we've been kind of you know, cooking up in secret, not telling the other side about it. So the defense has some pressures that they got up their sleeve as well. So just a couple of things to you know, to keep it exciting and hope that anybody's listening, you know, comes out and supports It's gonna be a lot of fun. Absolutely, Yeah, We'll we'll pad up and it'll be like an inner squad scrimmage, so it'll be all but just live tackling to the ground. It's gonna be physical. We're asking the guys to square up and show me you made the tackle. So it'll be a physical day. And we're gonna put it in the evening so the guys can start to get used to doing that work later on because we do practice, you know, from ten to about noon.
Speaker 4: Let's all very.
Speaker 8: Sucking that he came into camps ditty tweet over.
Speaker 7: He did not. It was just something that kind of started to get sore after the first couple of days, and then we just you know, he mentioned it to us. We start to look at it, and you know, we we put him through some some good recovery stuff and and deloaded him for a couple of days, got him back out there and he couldn't finish the day.
Speaker 9: It's seemed to an untrained eye that Bryce had a pretty spectacular day.
Speaker 7: I wonder if you could talk about Bryce and then also what J. C. Horn has looked like to.
Speaker 3: Use the point.
Speaker 7: So yes, I mean, first off, it's great to have Mike and JC back out there for the for the full practice. It makes things harder out there on the perimeter and it makes you have to, you know, uh, question whether you want to target that receiver out there. And so that's what we're used to and uh with the pressure unit that we have, the different packages, we have to be able to have those guys sitting out there staring at the quarterback. I can tell you from personal experience, it's it's not comfortable and so it's good to have them out there. H Bryce is continuing to just take the next steps. What I what I see from Bryce right now is just ownership and mastery of the concepts. And now I just see the uh, the timing, the rhythm, and just the media U factor with his guys and watching him throw anticipatory balls to t Mac to Jalen to David Moore showed up again with another touchdowns like one a day. It's vitamin D, so Demo shows up and makes a play. So I just see his level of comfort really showing up with the guys, and I'm excited as we just continue to build on that.
Speaker 8: It was a pretty good day for the backups. I mean Kenny and Haynes both were pretty accurate. Today, you're bringing Kyle Trass. What's the thought process there and how much does having four priests schemes have factory to that?
Speaker 7: Yeah, First of all, I get to talk about Will Harriger, our QB coach, doing a fantastic job getting all those guys ready. They're into it. They have tools. I'm really proud of how they're handling the blitz pick up and pressures and having solutions all the way from Kenny down to Haynes. Whatever it might be, whatever the pressure might be, they have an answer that goes with all the prep, all the meetings and bringing it alive on the field. Ultimately, Kyle Trask is somebody that I love. Had got a chance to spend a year with him in Tampa and you know, brought him in to work him out, see where he's at physically, and you know, maybe it's the Hall of Fame game, and on top of that, it's just being ready for you. You don't know, you never know what happens, but it's good to just have guys who know the system to be ready to be available. And I'm just glad to be able to just spend a day with Kyle. You know he'll be working out here in a second right behind us, and so really happy to have him here.
Speaker 9: Dave, I think you talked about fan fast, but at least the first time he'll be in that stadium in front of fans since the playoff game. Just how excited are you to be in that sort of environment again, And if you attest to.
Speaker 7: The guys, it's fantastic. And having a taste of what it feels like to be in the wildcard round, to win the division, hosting a playoff game, and the support that we got from our fan base. You know that as people ask me, like what was that game like the ones who weren't able to be there, it was just like it was special from you know, from pregame, as our groups came out, DB's wide receivers, the big boys come out together, there was just a welcoming from the crow that was already there. The energy was right, and the guys could feel that they come bouncing out of the tunnel a little different when they have that kind of support. And so that's the last thing in our guy's minds And as I asked them, let's move on. This is twenty twenty six. This is a new season. Nothing is guaranteed. The work is today. I know that in the back, in the back of their minds. I know they can feel that, and they're excited to get back into our stadium play ball like we know how. And I'm looking I'm excited about and looking forward to a really good turnout, so that the energy's right in there.
Speaker 8: Yesterday and you said you wanted to watch the film be where you've kind of diagnosed Monroe's day.
Speaker 3: What did you see on film?
Speaker 8: And if anything, what did.
Speaker 3: You see today?
Speaker 7: Yeah, so get from yesterday or from the day before. Yeah, it was yesterday's film. Having a surface to get on on top of, to get his big mits in there helped him and he was able to play comfortably. There were a couple of times he got a little bit behind the rush. He's so athletic, he's able to get his big body back in phase to to create that pocket with that.
Speaker 2: All right, everyone, that's going to do it for us tonight on this ridiculously crazy busy Friday night again thanks to Congressman Mark Kerris, who joined us earlier to talk about the story that I broke of the Comarison County school Board and schools being sued in federal lawsuit for Title nine violations about by three girls from Coxmill High School for allowing boys to use girls' locker rooms and girls' bathrooms. So again, thanks for the congressmen and Mark Harris and also Congressman Tim Moore who joined us to talk about the Iran war. All right, everyone, Panther fan fast starts at about thirty minutes or so, So enjoyed that. My name is Brett Jensen and you have been listening to Breaking with Brett Jensen