Speaker 1: The Frames per Second podcast Your What's good? Everybody? This is right?
Speaker 2: I'm your host today for Frames the second review we revering today Beef Part two. I did not know this is going to be a continuation of the first one, Well, y'all, did y'all know that it's gonna be going to be like a continuation and anthology is well, I think it's what they call it, right, No, no, yeah, but I personally was a big fan of the first one, and it was mainly due to me being a fan of Ali Wong and I think, uh, the guy that played on Walking Dead, the Asian guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Wayne laughing.
Speaker 1: Stephen Stephen, Oh yeah, I forgot it.
Speaker 2: I don't know his name, but but yeah, they were you know, I feel like it.
Speaker 1: It was good. Did y'all like the first season of Beef? I can't remember, honestly, damn everything.
Speaker 2: Well I did, I did, so. It was like one of my top shows that year. But y'all know, I don't don't watch a lot of shows. Uh, why are you familiar with Beef?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I knew about the first season.
Speaker 4: I ain't finish it though, Oh okay, okay, I just it got too ridiculous got too ridiculous for you?
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, man, they they they spun the block and made it.
Speaker 1: It made a two.
Speaker 2: And this one stars uh it has it had it has some good stars and it had an Oscar Isaac, Carrie Mulligan and Joshua Martin and a couple other people, Kelli.
Speaker 1: Spainey and Charles Melton.
Speaker 2: And yeah, so I guess starting out, how did you guys feel about Beef Part two? I'll start with you can overall thoughts.
Speaker 1: I think I'm somewhat indifferent.
Speaker 6: I think when it the very first couple of episodes.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh my god, this shit bro Like they should have just left this alone, like the mess.
Speaker 6: I didn't like it until it got towards the medal, But I don't think it I don't think I got an ending that I overall liked, Like it got real kind of messy, but I don't think it kind of really settling the way that I thought was was worth it. So but yeah, I mean it was, it was, it was all right. I do think at the end, I was like, yeah, they don't need to do a season three things anthology series, m M.
Speaker 2: This one and I'm gonna come to you next bike. This this had like white lotus vibes to me.
Speaker 1: The last one didn't.
Speaker 2: But it seemed like they took started taking some pages from white Loaders.
Speaker 1: I feel like they went into.
Speaker 2: Like theory and like uh metaphor a lot more in this one than they did before. Like the other one was a little bit more surface level to me, this one they seemed like it was. It was a little deeper, which I kind of enjoyed actually, just kind of trying to think, Okay, what are they actually saying here, which I'll I'll get your opinions on some of the things that I think was said here. So yeah, I ultimately enjoyed it. They watched it, and they didn't enjoy it. She said she liked the first season better. She didn't really care for this one like that. But Spike, what did you So, what did you think about this one? Since you watched the whole thing.
Speaker 1: It had some good highs.
Speaker 4: I found myself like Ken, Well, actually I liked the beginning. I liked to set up, I was interested, and then the middle it dig I think it reached its peak in the middle when they was doing all the messy stuff and you had the hole the young couple versus the married couple. Uh, that worked for me, But the ending and when he fell in love with the other girl and all like, the all of that was just like, well, okay, come on, bro. The doctor killing people and them trying to cover all of that was I feel like it's too much sauce. They could have stayed within the confines of the country club and the other couple and just did the little beef thing, and I would have been more satisfied with that, but they added too much to it. Got you overall. I enjoyed it, overall, enjoyed it. It wasn't a bad watch.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, cool Mike, How did you feel about it?
Speaker 2: I feel like I kind of know based on some of the murmurs of us sitting around and talking about it, but yeah, let people know.
Speaker 1: How did you ultimately feel about Beef Part two?
Speaker 3: I said the same thing about White Laws. It just seems like they just copied a season White Lass. There wasn't There wasn't Beef like the other one was so simple. I didn't love the first season, but it was such a simple and effective idea. It was road rage, and that just broke into all of this other ship. This one didn't have that, Like Oscar Isaacs and his girl were fighting, the other people recorded it and blackmailed them.
Speaker 1: That seemed very White Lotus to me.
Speaker 3: And then adding in the story of the person overseas who killed the.
Speaker 1: The patient or whatever.
Speaker 3: That seemed very like even though White Loast hasn't done that specifically, but that seems like something I would expect out of White Lotus.
Speaker 1: And then they were.
Speaker 3: Trying to make all these all this commentary about capitalism. I wasn't here for this at all. This seemed very just bootleg. This seemed like fucking I can't say TMU because y'all gone on it because it's Asian folks. What's what's a what's what's a what's a TB?
Speaker 1: Two B? This seemed like a two B version of White Lotus.
Speaker 3: Interesting, it was off White Flower fucking just some goofy shit.
Speaker 1: But yeah, Vanilla Lotus. Yeah. I did not have a good time with this. I'm surprised.
Speaker 2: I mean, I know you talked about capitalisms things like that. I feel like that was the beef. Feel like the beef was class so it was just one class against another class. And I think the two couples represented that because I was trying to figure out too, I'm like, where's the beef?
Speaker 1: I don't see the beef.
Speaker 2: But I think overall that's what it ultimately was, this class against this class, and like, because that's that's what the younger couple was saying, like they you know, we sit around, we do the work, you know, and you know they're just reaping the benefits of the work we do. And I think we all kind of felt like that being in the corporate setting before. So overall, I like the overall like like world did they put us in?
Speaker 1: I felt like it was kind of relatable.
Speaker 2: And so with that said, I wanted to kind of approach some of the metaphorical stuff first and then I'll kind of get into the episodes. What did y'all what was youall thoughts when y'all kept seeing like the ants throughout the episodes? Did y'all did y'all notice that that they always reference ants? What did that say to y'all? Anybody can take it? And and I'll kind of piggyback off of what you know.
Speaker 1: I was extremely on the nose and got annoying.
Speaker 2: You said it was on the nose. What so what was it for you when it came when you saw capitalism, it was.
Speaker 3: It was worker bees, it was drones, it was people being a part of the system. It was just like, bro, this is very elementary, man, And it's not it's not even thought provoking.
Speaker 1: To me, I thought it was.
Speaker 5: Did you think it was elementary?
Speaker 1: Now? Because you had you had him killing an act?
Speaker 6: You know, he pressed his thumb down on the at you know, because at one point I think he threatened to fire the whole crew, which is basically terminating you know, work is terminating an act, you.
Speaker 3: Know, but just insignificant. It's significant in the system or something like that. That's a common that's a common phrase with with anarchists or or even people critics. I think capitalism in general is you know, the you you know.
Speaker 1: You're under the thumb of the man.
Speaker 3: And of course you have oscar isis and it's like, oh, look, everybody, I'm killing the.
Speaker 1: Ant with my thoughts. It's like, bro, come on, man, this is really what you're doing. Gotcha?
Speaker 2: What about you spike any thoughts about the ants throughout the whole thing? You did that come to your mind or you were just like why they putting these and that was what the work would be thinking. I got what they were doing, but it wasn't effective.
Speaker 1: If it weren't effective, not for me.
Speaker 4: Like I didn't I would have rather seen it more on screen from the characters versus these subtle hints.
Speaker 1: I felt like it did.
Speaker 3: I feel like they were aligning it in a sense.
Speaker 1: Not heavy enough for me.
Speaker 4: Like the biggest thing that I picked up on perception wise was like the image, like people wanting to keep up with their image, Like the older couple the whole reason were to recordinate didn' want nobody to think that they were like that. And then the younger couple with their perceptions of each other, they didn't want each other to think that they didn't love each other, like said then the agent lady.
Speaker 1: Hid and her husband killing somebody.
Speaker 4: I think it was all about perception and how people or the world perceived you, and what you would do to hold that perception, and how bad you would really get to hold that perception that you're a good person. That was the biggest image imagery thing that I got from conception.
Speaker 2: So what so the generational tension between like what they kept kind of referencing was gen z and gen X slash.
Speaker 1: Boomers throughout the whole show.
Speaker 2: It was like, you know, basically representing like previous generations seizing all the wealth right and then leave, like I said, leaving you know, Gen Z's and stuff like that with less opportunities. How did y'all feel about that whole plot line just in general as a metaphor? But I don't know if it was that was as much as a metaphor, But I feel like they just kept harboring on that.
Speaker 1: Did that do anything for y'all? Made me feel whole?
Speaker 6: They think about me, right, you know what she called But when she called them a boomer.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm like the fuck like I'm there now.
Speaker 6: You know, that sort of disconnect between the young and the old and they have the world ahead of them. So but I also get like them looking at the generation ahead of them, like, bro, it's it's over for you. You're done, like this is you know, and you don't understand how we think, which I you know, I get like, you know, I'm pretty sure I felt the same way about adults when I was around there age, so h yeah. But more I think, if anything, I was just thinking about like where I'm at.
Speaker 1: In life now got you anyway?
Speaker 2: That that do anything for y'all a storyline, plot line throughout the whole thing.
Speaker 1: Is that an interesting plot?
Speaker 4: Not the old boomer first you young? That didn't do anything for me?
Speaker 1: Not a million times. It was like the old trope.
Speaker 3: It felt like hm hm, So y'all don't feel like they did it creatively here. There was nothing done creatively in the show.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, okay, all right, so will you I'll just start off with the episode. So episode one is all the things We're going never going to have, which is kind of what I was just representing to So, after returning home from a fund raiser, Josh which is played by Isaac he's the general manager of this country club, and his wife Lindsay, they become they're they're being, they're celebrating accomplishments, right, But then we see quickly that once they get in the car, it's just like everything else is shut off. And then in their world isn't as glitz and glam as it seemed to be. How did y'all feel like?
Speaker 1: How you know what? They dropped us off?
Speaker 2: And at this point establishing Josh, the Joshua and Lindsay.
Speaker 1: Character, they hadn't fought yet, right, well, they hadn't thought yet.
Speaker 2: This is this, This is just showing like something's not right, you know what I'm saying. They just showed them like, oh yeah, congratulations to my wife, you know my husband, let's not forget about my husband, blah blah blah.
Speaker 5: Just on the surface level, we see that all the time.
Speaker 2: But then once they get in the car, it's obviously some type of tension there.
Speaker 4: You even look before them and the faces they were showing why they were doing it, the microaggressions that they had.
Speaker 1: They did a good job.
Speaker 4: Of us as viewers being like, say something right. They presented it as this perfect couple, but obviously just the way he just looked at her, this smirk or smile or frown that she just made, Like all of the stuff pointed to once you get in the car, getting what you got, I expected that.
Speaker 2: Did you take anything from that can like the opening well or Mike out doing something interested at all? You never had that happen like it usually like on the surface job.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, absolutely absolutely, but viewing it through the Oh I don't know, I must be hearing you. I heard my phone go off. I'm getting old.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, I mean doing it through the lens of like, oh, here's these two rich people who are even if they're not rich, they're like pretending to be rich. But hey, there's something deep down going on. It's like again, White Lotus does this every fucking season. Here y'all come doing the same Shitnah, I wasn't interested at all.
Speaker 1: I got you Okay, Well did you guys get interested?
Speaker 2: Once Ashley and Austin showed up and witnessed this heated.
Speaker 1: Debate between Joshua and Lindsay.
Speaker 2: At this point the plot is, what was y'all thinking when they're like, yo, mind your damn business or what like?
Speaker 1: What was the thought when y'all saw this take place in the story?
Speaker 6: Well, you know, I was wondering if like, okay, so now it's gonna be and season of them kind of going back and forth, you know, because I think I don't even think they showed us that she had actually recorded the video.
Speaker 1: They were just there so we didn't know about the video until later.
Speaker 6: But but that's what I thought it was. It was it was going to be.
Speaker 1: At first, I thought it was about to kill her though, you know, or.
Speaker 6: They were one of them were going to kill one and one I thought he was yeah, and then they were gonna witness it and then you know, I don't know what they would have did with that, but yeah.
Speaker 1: But that was it. That was it.
Speaker 6: But when I saw it, I was like, Okay, so how are they going to turn this into a big issue similar to you know the first season?
Speaker 2: Gotcha? Did y'all take anything else from it? Well, Spike, I guess you kind of asked you what did you take from this part? Was this part intriguing for you?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Because I want I wonder where they would take it. I also wondered is this gonna be it? Is this the beef for the season? They got a video recording. I was taking this stuff a fight, like both of them can say, well, I mean we grown, we can fight. Nobody died, you know what I'm saying. So I was like, okay, what they gonna most of the time they do need evidence. Yeah, and that was just a fight. How was gonna make it more serious than this? So I was wondering where they would go from it. He didn't hit her, There no bruises, there's nothing, so right, but.
Speaker 3: It wasn't he about to hit her like he was had like a stick or a bat or.
Speaker 4: Something like that, and then he didn't sing the girl huh he looked out there and seeing the young girl.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this wasn't a strong enough motivation for the rest of the season.
Speaker 3: Oh, Like, I feel like it just seemed like they could survive this scandal.
Speaker 1: You know, it just didn't seem like it was that big of a deal.
Speaker 2: Right, So Josh thought he they could survive a scandal as well, because the next day he shows up to the country club and he pretty much threatens Ashley. I thought this whole tension was good personally, Like how I mean we seen we just so we just was talking about this but prior to recording, how you know, a manager will kind of blame everybody and then point out and it's actually going towards one person. How did y'all feel about this scene when he was trying to pressure her, like, look, you know, if we want to keep our jobs, you know, we want to do this and that and the third and he basically was directing that energy towards Ashley and that she's texting her boyfriend like, man, I think he's talking about me.
Speaker 5: How did y'all feel about this scene in particular, I thought this.
Speaker 1: Scene was all right. It was good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the way that they were putting the text on the screen, Yeah, it was good.
Speaker 4: And how he was like talking to her without talking without talking to her, like not being able to tell if he was talking to her, that was good.
Speaker 1: They played it well. Yeah, yeah, how did you feel about the kid?
Speaker 4: I think I liked the this This was fine, but I think I liked the lot of the conversation.
Speaker 6: Now after this a little bit more got you so you want to touch? It seemed like he was he was a little bit more direct. But I think this one she was kind of pushing back to you know and what because this went on the golf cart golf course when he walked up to her and basically was, you know, saying that you know, you can get out of here, you know, so, and it was a little bit more direct instead of indirect.
Speaker 1: So I like that a little bit more, right.
Speaker 2: So with all that, we then later she's talking with her boyfriend Austin and he's basically saying like not let's you know, let's fight back.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess they both are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they both were convincing each other like, yo, we could use this as leverage. Did y'all think this was a good idea to then use this as leverage to kind of blackmail to get themselves ahead in a situation they felt like they were being left behind or being cheated out of Mike.
Speaker 1: It was good for the show.
Speaker 3: It wasn't good in reality, but it was good for the show because in reality, I can't see that video being that big of a deal to where they're like making all these weird changes in the fire the one lane and bring her on.
Speaker 1: It just seemed like a lot and it never connected with me. Yeah, and it's all happened.
Speaker 2: I think, like with with Ashley, she wanted to do it because she found out that she was diagnosed with ovarians and I don't think it was cancer, but it was like it wasn't.
Speaker 1: She had assist on it, so it could have been possibly, but torsion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yeah, So I think that gave motivation, like, yo, I gotta.
Speaker 1: Do something, so desperate times called for desperate measures. So she wanted health insurance.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, she wanted health insurance with health insurance, Julie ship.
Speaker 2: And that's pretty much the gist of the first episode. Was there anything else in the first episode that stood out to you guys, that'd be like, okay.
Speaker 1: I'm in a little bit, is anything else? See where we go from there?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because they show back up to the house at that point too, right, It was just like okay, well what do y'all want? And I think it ends at that point, which leads us to episode too called a new starting point for further desires. This is where Ashley and Austin they actually blackmailed Josh and Lindsey, which secures Ashley position promotion at at the country club. How did y'all like how this started off that she now secured this? Do y'all think he should have went through with it or he's just like, yo, just give it up?
Speaker 6: Like yeah, well yeah, I think he should have went through with it to protect himself. I mean, this is what these figures tend to do, is they use leverage against one another.
Speaker 1: It's a dirty game. We've seen in other shows as well.
Speaker 6: She was just able to play the game, you know, as before she didn't because she was not right.
Speaker 1: She was damning stupid as well. They younger.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, so it seemed like she was just going to be a figurehead in the role and not really do the role.
Speaker 1: And then but she wanted to do the role.
Speaker 6: But they've shown over and over again that she's not the smartest person you know in the room, probably on that.
Speaker 1: Whole uh company payroll.
Speaker 6: But but what what I what I did like though, was how uh, what's the what's the boyfriend name? Josh? I mean Austin. Austin was like, man, that's great, you got this job, but what about me?
Speaker 1: What about me?
Speaker 6: Like, so he started to get a little jealous of her situation and now he was trying to figure out how he can get put on. But but now, yeah, it was it was It was cool to see that.
Speaker 1: Now it's like, Okay, where do they go?
Speaker 6: Is is he going to try to sabotage her so he could fire her or like to the point where even upper management has to make that call and put it out of his hands?
Speaker 1: Is that what he's gonna do? I got you? How did y'all take this?
Speaker 4: I mean, I think she played her cards right. It made me wonder, though, him putting her in that specific position, that he always had a plan that he revealed later.
Speaker 2: I don't think so that came up later. Yeah, I don't think so, because I think, and we'll get there. But I think that came when he realized when he realized, like she fucking stupid.
Speaker 3: Okay, I got you, got you, you know, because that's one thing I hadn't mentioned.
Speaker 2: He's in debt or whatever, but he's presenting like he's not, so he's trying to, you know, at the same time figure out how to stay above water in this situation.
Speaker 1: Is just kind of play.
Speaker 2: Like I said to these millionaires at this country club that he's you know.
Speaker 4: I think my biggest problem with the promotion thing was he still acted like she was annoying him, Like I feel like, if you're gonna give her that position, she still got leverage over you with the backup video that you think she has. So he was treating her like shit, like you gave her a promotion, then you treated her like shit like she still won't release the video.
Speaker 1: I didn't like that. She still was in a position though, so she can't. Yeah, but why was he treating her that way? Because he could.
Speaker 3: He knew she she didn't have the money right and she didn't want to lose the position or the job, so I don't have to be nice to you.
Speaker 5: I'll get you a position, but I don't have to be nice to you.
Speaker 1: But that puts me a risk, though.
Speaker 2: Not necessarily because you still got you still getting on your one out of the deal. You just don't like the fact that you know your boss is being shitty towards you. You know, so now you got to make a decision.
Speaker 1: Yea, that wasn't ais Yeah being nice, right, I.
Speaker 2: Mean at the end of the day too, it is still black mail, you know. So she's not that great either. I particularly wasn't liking her. Did y'all like her?
Speaker 1: She was.
Speaker 5: So annoying to me. She wasn't annoying to you.
Speaker 3: She was super annoying kind of her point, But yeah, she was irritating the ship out.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, me too, Like oh man, yeah me too.
Speaker 7: You would love to have more content from Frames per Second. Become a patron where you can contribute to what we review and discuss. Our Patreon gives the listeners the power to nominate and vote a monthly discussion and film review, while also nominating and voting on weekly solo reviews from each cast member. You also get the opportunity to vote on the publicly released anniversary film, all exclusive to our Patreon, so become a patron at patreon dot com frames per second where there are two tiers you can choose from. That's Patreon dot com forward slash frames per second.
Speaker 2: But yeah, she convinces him, like we're not convinces it, but she says she deletes it and everything like that. But then we have another storyline with his wife Lindsey, and we're seeing that, like how she isn't happy, Like she's in her phone, she's in she's on whats App, she's on these different things, you know, trying to trying to get our get our rocks off with different guys or whatever. So we see that, and then we see her with the tennis play, the tennis player being flirting with him what not.
Speaker 5: But then she finds out that he's flirting with everybody or whatever.
Speaker 2: So funny, so she uses so because of that when she realized that now she is blackmailing him.
Speaker 1: For like cosmetic treatments.
Speaker 3: Uh, how did y'all feel about this part of the story with her motives.
Speaker 6: It ties into the age thing because she was feeling old, uh, you know, unattractive. You know, she definitely doesn't feel loved in in the marriage, which you know, they made very very clear, and she was seeking that elsewhere, some sort of attention, even if it's just flirting on the app, you know, it didn't really have to go anywhere. I think they call that emotional cheating or whatever. But at this point now she's trying to, you know, level up. And but when she tried to be like because she just blurted out, nobody asked her to volunteer the information. She just was the one like, oh you had the tennis player flirted with me, trying to sew that she still got it because I think there were two younger looking girls and from younger woman in front of hers, so she wanted to feel like, you know, she still got it.
Speaker 1: They were like, oh yeah, she's doing that with everybody she was to look on her face. How crush he fell. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I was like, damn, I got something.
Speaker 1: They just they just snatched her complete soul.
Speaker 8: Always ship was like, oh for real, girl like that, and what you think it is?
Speaker 2: Did y'all get anything from her that this storyline with her that she was a smart one was out of the relationship. I feel like, oh, she's the smart one. Yeah, the dude, the basic Yeah, he came off as kind of yeah, he wouldn't.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I didn't think that this whole thing with the tennis player was gonna where it went though.
Speaker 4: That was that was a time. I thought this was just more about insecurities, and yeah, what it was. It's a good scam though, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But I think again, we're still continuing down that road with generations, right, because he obviously was younger and and she found a way to get money off of him or get a product or something some sort of service off. So I think that they're continuing this beef. I think they're continuing to beef generation versus generation. So that's what I'm saying. I started saying, Okay, that's what it is. I think that's what.
Speaker 1: The beef is between these generations. So then we get to Josh dien Will be kind of alluded to.
Speaker 2: He comes up with with the idea to make false invoices because he notices that Ashley is shitty at her job with submitting the invoices. So uh so he he uh invoices to a joint account, which which recently deceased mother or whatever. That's how he was hiding it so he could repay his debts with actually being pretty much the skategod. That's when he was calling her stupid and stuff like that. How did y'all feel about this plan? Because I know you said you thought Lindzie was smarter. How do you feel about this plan that he came up with?
Speaker 4: It didn't seem like it seemed like something he was gonna get caught for. Really, like she really wasn't paying attention.
Speaker 2: The only like, and we were talking about it in a minute, but the only reason she found out is because a boyfriend pointed it out, kind of pointed it out right.
Speaker 4: I feel like when they got caught though, well if they had gotten called from it, that it would have led back to him. I feel like, mm hmm, yeah, they were going to get caught. It was a stupid plan.
Speaker 1: I mean, bro, four thousand, nine hundred.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like that, that's so freaking obvious. You have multiple times with the same invoice, Like, come on, bro, and it's missing miss what he said with miss is missing.
Speaker 1: From it's miss miskake doss. That point right, here's where all the money is going to. Miss. Okay, buddy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I thought they were teenagers, they were like young adult.
Speaker 1: They was like twenties and twenties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so, uh eventually Austin becomes like a part of because she she got him a job there. He's basically like the the the therapists of the Uh well what we did meet the chairman too, of the Big Dog.
Speaker 1: She's gonna come back around later.
Speaker 2: How did y'all feel about her and and her coming on and finally coming on properly?
Speaker 1: I gotta, I gotta.
Speaker 6: I got a rule of thumb that I think people need to follow. If you are speaking to someone that is from another country that don't speak English, allegedly, you should assume that they know how to be English.
Speaker 1: You should always make that assumption.
Speaker 6: Every time they get caught up just talking English, and then they always pop up like, oh you understand English, Like yeah, you know, but don't what she said, don't tell anybody you don't want to know. She told that to everybody, like, and I'm like, she's sitting there talking like and you know, they sold it well, But I'm like, I don't know, man, But yeah, I think that's the.
Speaker 1: Rule of dumb that people should should apply in life. Got you. I thought I was gonna say something fucked up.
Speaker 3: I'm like, no, no, I'm just I'm just processing that because I don't ever really assume that someone speaks English if you're.
Speaker 1: Talking, just like, take no chance. Yeah yeah yeah yeah, take no chance. Oh yeah, I get you. Yeah, I appreciate the clarification. Yeah yeah, yeah yeah yeah that makes sense, That makes sense. Yeah yeah. I'm trying to paw through this thirty minute. I'm trying to get that's halfway. Just be careful out there, guys.
Speaker 5: But towards a lot of ending this show.
Speaker 2: Basically, what we have is Austin gets a positioned there by way of Ashley as a therapist.
Speaker 1: We have units, which is.
Speaker 2: The the Chairman's assistant or whatever. Any thoughts on how do y'all feel like him when not having the right conditions to be a therapist Unie the Chairman. Another thing that happens with the Chairman is like we find out that her husband has like.
Speaker 3: What do you call it, not tremors, what do you call it? When he got the shakes or whatever.
Speaker 1: You like.
Speaker 2: But he's a surgeon, so he ends up killing somebody. So all of that is revealed towards a lot of in in this episode. Any of that stood out to y'all and what was interesting to y'all at all.
Speaker 4: I didn't like when he went over there and gave the assistant physical therapy. I feel like he failed for her too quickly, like how they was positioning him to be so in love with the little other units units. Yeah, I feel like he fell in love because right then he was like smitten by and and then it seemed like he just lost.
Speaker 1: All they having use work.
Speaker 4: Well, we clearly saw one of the reasons, probably why what he was doing a little thing on her and she said, she keep going. You could have been spit. That would have because I forgot how you said, tell me when or when to stop when whatever?
Speaker 1: She kept going.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was like, she got right here.
Speaker 4: He convinced he was there that little white girl can't do that. She Asian too, like like that's what I think.
Speaker 2: He said that He's like, yo, never been Yeah, just like yeah, because he even manuted to her, he was just like, yo, I can't lie I am attracted. That doesn't mean that I don't love you, though, I thought, Ship, you can't tell your girl.
Speaker 1: I understand. You can't tell your girl that another girl pretty, Yes, you can.
Speaker 3: You can't be like, yes, I'm attracted to her saying someone's attractive and then saying I'm attracted to her.
Speaker 1: It's a different story. Yeah, really, I'm.
Speaker 4: Just asking yeah, yeah, because she she'll probably fell in the blanks anyway.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you'd always be like, I didn't say that.
Speaker 1: I just said that she is attractive. Someone is someone on this earth that's not me would be attracted to.
Speaker 6: Was like, yeah, I am attracted to her, but I love you.
Speaker 1: See, I don't have that level of understanding between you. Think you tell think you could do that.
Speaker 2: I would very like in my years I've been but we all so really good friends too, so you know, yeah, I don't know you would say I'm attracted to this girl.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to think I said something. You're sitting right here today, so he's breathing.
Speaker 2: Like I'm telling y'all like like some some situations are like that. So she's like, you have these open dollar But.
Speaker 6: That was an attraction to the point where what what she was picking up was like attracted to that.
Speaker 1: You want to be with her exactly because exactly because Nate does it all the time.
Speaker 2: You've heard her, Yeah, she be making these comments about she do that ships.
Speaker 1: Somebody you spending time, I'm saying, I don't think she would do that.
Speaker 3: If some dude just walked by. He was like, rodrinke, Yeah, shoulders that, man? Why can't you have shoulders like that?
Speaker 1: Man? She wouldn't do it like that. I don't even know what you do. Why would you say that? Why would you? Why would you say that? Though?
Speaker 2: All right, cool, y'all got that with y'all got that all right, But we're gonna we're gonna keep it with man. So this is the third episode, increasing uh flimsiness of any certainties about the future. How did y'all feel about these titles that y'all don't even pay attention?
Speaker 1: But I was like, all right, I'm not trying to think about these titles. I got you. I didn't think I read them. Yeah. So in this.
Speaker 2: Park returns to Soul to contain the fallout of her husband's dead patient.
Speaker 1: Park is the main owner deffutya don't know who she was.
Speaker 2: Patient, but tight government financial scrutiny makes it difficult to move the money around to bribe people for the cover up. She compels her husband to retire, which she thinks of a solution. How did y'all think about this storyline with her husband him killing folks and stuff like that. What did y'all think this would lead into something where y'all interested? Is y'all wanted to get us to get back to the main.
Speaker 1: Part, you know?
Speaker 4: No, to which part I wouldn't interest? It wasn't really that was.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm with y'all. I didn't.
Speaker 5: I didn't necessarily need this part either, but it did.
Speaker 1: It did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it did set up to tie in as a like how corporations would try to cover up something.
Speaker 1: So I thought that was good, but I feel.
Speaker 2: Like it was missing something because I really wanted them to focus more on the gen z. But but I think it showed the hierarchy too, like everybody has a boss, you know, because yeah, yeah, I think it showed that because she's trying to cover up and bribe.
Speaker 1: So it did set up for that.
Speaker 3: With with Josh as the manager, so she he ended up being escapegoat for her and actually was a scapegoat for him.
Speaker 5: Like so I think it did create that chain.
Speaker 1: Of of things.
Speaker 2: But then we move on to unite she started taking part, so they trying to start taking part in Austin's.
Speaker 1: Trial and.
Speaker 2: Which uh, which it got intimate, but not necessarily sexual. We don't know exactly what happened, but we could tell that it was an intimate moment. And this is when we started getting jealousy.
Speaker 3: And and and and his girlfriend Antanna started going up like, Okay, what's going on here?
Speaker 5: How did y'all feel about this moment?
Speaker 1: What part was this? When you said they got intimate? I'm trying to think.
Speaker 2: This is when when she when when the park could the main lady couldn't do the physical therapy, she left it up to units.
Speaker 3: And this is when we she did a leg past that part. No, no, no, this is when it actually happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, he didn't. He didn't hit that. Yeah, she wasn't given it. She didn't. Don't even think she liked it. He didn't like at all. Yeah, she didn't let him have that.
Speaker 4: If he shouldn't have lied given her the physical therapy. But he would have been cool if he had not lied about it, because now you look suspicious.
Speaker 1: She never found out the truth anyway, she texted her. That's when she read the text.
Speaker 6: She was like, what, yeah, but that was at the hospital, but what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: The girl?
Speaker 4: He lied to his girlfriend about giving the physical therapy to Units. She asked him how it went, and he was like, oh. Instead of saying oh, she filled.
Speaker 1: In for.
Speaker 4: The additional information. He just said the women that's lying. Can you know that.
Speaker 3: He had still been in trouble if he told the truth, he'd have been in more trouble just earlier if he was like, oh, yeah, she didn't show up and her assistant Unis came through and that's the end. She was like, who's Unis? And then she saw at the day right then when she saw you, then it would be a problem.
Speaker 6: And you sitting there flirting with her at lunch or whatever they were at his eyes was locked.
Speaker 1: He was just looking at her while she was talking. Yeah, she started to suspect someone was wrong. Yeah, she ain't stupid. I think he should have just over true man to die early.
Speaker 2: So actually a lot of this part in this episode we kind of addressed already, which can move us forward. So we address like about the invoice stuff Units like greeing to park and keep them informed. Josh and Lindsay are now planning to open up a bed and breakfast using the money and belz with from.
Speaker 1: The club.
Speaker 2: They fell in love again, Yeah, they kind of fell in love this part. So how are y'all feeling at this point? Like, do y'all feel like they got a good plan? Well, we know they don't have a good plan going because it's revealed that that Austin pointed out, Yo, this these numbers aren't making sense. So although we see that, we all as the audience know that, oh, this shit gonna blow up in their face. How y'all feeling right now as far as like them feeling like, you know, things are getting back to a good place.
Speaker 4: With Josh and Lindsay, I don't know if I was real all that invested in their relationship. Yeah, it didn't seem like they liked each other even when they was falling back in love with each other's sister and they was just two different pages.
Speaker 1: There on screen. Chemistry was terrible.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think that's what it is. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I think that's exactly what I said.
Speaker 3: Single moment that I believe the Oscar Isaac was married to that woman a single moment.
Speaker 1: That's why he wouldn't having sex with.
Speaker 2: They started having podcast money got right though, Damn we once huh I said they started having w They did have sex when the money got right, yeah, yeah, and she was lying about going the baby or.
Speaker 1: Something and she yeah.
Speaker 6: She called them out for all that porno stuff too.
Speaker 1: Man watched his porno. Man, he was watching the porno and not giving it to her, and that's what she was mad about. You should have came in the room while I was watching the porno. Do what they can do. Maybe we can talk about.
Speaker 2: This, right, But that leads us to part confronting Josh about the fraud. But it stands up, but it stands his contract. So this is where we see that he was going to the getting raised.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like okay, you're done.
Speaker 1: They all have laying it out, like, yeah, you've been stealing money. What you're about to do?
Speaker 6: Yes, And then she said what do you do you know Gabriella or something and he was like, I don't know that.
Speaker 1: You haven't been She had to get the rest. You ain't been sitting, you ain't been doing it. He was like, I can pay it all.
Speaker 4: Was like you can't.
Speaker 1: You've been stealing. Wasn't stings like?
Speaker 2: She basically like, look, keep doing what you're doing basically, but I need you to do it for this reason. So she bribes him now, so now she he's caught up in a bribe. So moving forward, the Ashley treats Austin's for signature and Jost offices, but notice condolencence condolencence cards, which.
Speaker 5: Then now is going to mess up parks plans.
Speaker 2: So now it's starting to get real messy because the owner is actually wanting him to do these things.
Speaker 5: But now Ashley is noticing that, wait, this isn't right.
Speaker 2: So what are y'all how are y'all feeling at this point, like, oh shit, she about to fuck up the plans? Did y'all realize that at that point that that's what that was gonna happen?
Speaker 4: Not really, I think, Yeah, I don't think I was. Nah, I didn't.
Speaker 1: I don't think I did either.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you noticed it though, right, okay, all right, Yeah, I mean I knew she Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 1: Think I was paying attention to all that all that much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because they had she had just said I need you to do this, but then I knew, I knew he was doing it for her, but I didn't.
Speaker 6: I didn't really pay out that much attention to her realizing what was going on.
Speaker 1: In snitching right, her snitching on him.
Speaker 2: She thought she was doing the company your service, not realizing that Park wanted him to do it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 2: So when she raises her suspicions, Austin dismisses them and highs the text message from Unie. Lindsey wants to make a deal with Woosh for the commission on new clients, and then she brings him but says doctor Kim is retiring and no longer accepts appointments. At a staff meeting, Units announces a fifty million dollar investment in the club, confirms Josh will remain general manager, and names Austin the new full time physical therapist.
Speaker 4: Well, I said he came up. Yeah, he came on seriously. He came on seriously.
Speaker 2: And then later actually and Austin argure over his sudden change of plans and growing closer to Units. So this is where she's kind of spiraling, and we're seeing her really just kind of just losing it at this point because of the whole Units element and all that. Any any thoughts on how we get closer to the end of this particular episode, that's when she went crazy.
Speaker 1: This is when she jumped out the car and tumbles down the hill. The left stuff. It makes sense to me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she went to They didn't give us enough like pre her being crazy or manic. Yeah, for this like episode to play out like this, like you you, you gotta be.
Speaker 1: Able to have a conversation about this versus what she did.
Speaker 2: It did get extreme, Yeah, but but I feel like there are some girlfriends that do be that extreme.
Speaker 4: I feel like it's a build up and they should have shown us something to make us be like, nah, she might snap.
Speaker 6: It was It was clearly just the reason that's send it to the hospital so they can do the healthcare issue episode.
Speaker 2: That's all it was. Okay, Yeah, any thoughts on this one. No, I'm a I'm you never have nobody jump out the car on.
Speaker 1: You, Mike, the one jumping up, that's right.
Speaker 5: I had a girl put her hand on steering wheels trying to take us off the road.
Speaker 1: I've had that. I think he told that. Yeah, yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they get crazy arguing, Yeah, just arguing, and yeah, she basically I'll kill us ball.
Speaker 1: You ain't dating, right, I don't tell yourself he ain't living a girlfriend? Like, like threat you like that? What's your worst threat?
Speaker 4: I've had bad threats, but not just no moving not no moving vehicle like not nah, hell no, I.
Speaker 1: Need to revisit this the worst threat I had.
Speaker 3: I was going to go right into the back of a truck. Yes, And I was like, stop for stop playing. It's crazy, man. They get crazy, the crazy ones, the best ones. That's crazy crazy. That's that's your problem. At least she herself have one.
Speaker 9: That's why he settled down right, right, it happened, man, But this leads into them people like this right, it's been in this part of pussing down.
Speaker 1: Who taught you to use that?
Speaker 5: Taught you how to use yours?
Speaker 1: Like see town top. All right, we were halfway through, man, I'm trying to push power through this. I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Really, all the comfort of expressible conference. This is where Ashley all saying they go to the hospital. Okay, I'll just skiped to it. How did any do y'all need a refresher or the y'all understand the hospital?
Speaker 1: The scene? What happened?
Speaker 3: This is when she was all beat up and blood is yes, yes, this is this is where yeah, this is where he got a He got a message from Eunice and she started checking his phone and she was applying to.
Speaker 1: It, deleting it. That was and this started a.
Speaker 2: Whole thing, the whole episode, and we kind of have a sense that he realized that she did it.
Speaker 1: So how are y'all feeling about this whole thing? I know at this point y'all done with Ashley? I know. I was, oh, yeah, anybody.
Speaker 3: Can take it this this this episode, like I said, got a little bit better. But it was just she was doing something really fucking stupid. And I didn't understand if she if she had a game plan, because if you're sending her texts and you can see in your phone or in his phone that they're having a conversation, why would you think she would at no point bring up what you texted her.
Speaker 1: Yes, that was just I mean, I get it.
Speaker 3: She was supposed to be panicking and she wasn't thinking it all the way through.
Speaker 1: But nah, I was real dumb with her. I was like, you're a fucking idiot. Yes, he was stupid. Anybody else had thoughts on this? Yeah?
Speaker 6: I think the one thing I liked from this one the oil There were two. He was like, Oh, why is that glass smash there? I like that because then you see him about to do the same thing. So now you can see why is like that the different uh well, you know, overall issues with the health care center system in general, him being stupid and followed for that lady at the Gatorade like her running game on him, which just say no, man, it did.
Speaker 1: I was like, bro, what seriously really gonna? What are we doing? Character? Yeah, such a people pleaser.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, because I can see myself doing the same ship he could, he would do.
Speaker 5: I would do some ship not as extreme, would.
Speaker 3: Like bring me the blue. I had to get a blue to this other lady. Why you don't even know her, but she really wanted the blue though.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know if that's it's a string version of me, but I definitely would be doing something similar to what he was doing.
Speaker 1: I done it. My boy does that kind of shit, I guess me off. Yeah, I done it.
Speaker 2: My dad was in the hospital, and but it was it was for the nurses. It wasn't for like just random people. I was getting the nurses, like.
Speaker 3: He bought everybody Gatorade, right right, But I'm saying I did it for the nurses or whatever, Like I was getting them Starbucks and ship like that. You know what I'm saying, But that's different than like, hey, go bring me some Starbucks. I really want a latte and they got the last latte and you give it to somebody else.
Speaker 4: And she was clearly lying, Oh man, she can't take it. It's not working for me. She was setting him up the whole time.
Speaker 1: Oh man, because you're so good with that machine. Yes, bro, you can't realize that, you right.
Speaker 6: Anyway, Yeah, And then the end of the episode, I wish I could remember exactly what she said, but it showed how really stupid she was. One that woul talk about the deductible. But then there was another scene when she was talking to the nurse said, yeah.
Speaker 5: The doubles five thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Oh that Actually that part was funny. That part was funny.
Speaker 3: She didn't unerstand how deductible worked, and I didn't until I worked at and T.
Speaker 2: Really sure, yeah, because you got to pay up.
Speaker 4: And I feel her issue I had, But it was something else she was talking.
Speaker 6: It was was there and she was there and she was just talking to the nurse. God, what what did the nurse say? And even yeah, but anyway, she's a dumb ass.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Well she She's eventually taken into surgery, where doctors discover her the overything.
Speaker 1: It's twisted afterwards.
Speaker 2: Uh, hospital representative the couple that Josh has arranged assistance for.
Speaker 4: Them, but it came too late. Devastated Josh. Uh let's see, Uh he tried to brob but with the assistance first. I think that was interesting show how much of a piece of ship that he was. But I was surprised because she didn't take it right. She was like, no, No, I was surprised at that she did. I'm surprised she didn't take Just.
Speaker 1: Make another backup of a backup, you don't have to like it was. Yeah.
Speaker 3: That that also got really annoying, Like how do y'all not know how this works in the clouds?
Speaker 1: The cloud give him the backup? Like this was irritating and they were young, they're supposed to know that, right.
Speaker 5: How did y'all feel about Josh trying to rob her in this vulnerable moment?
Speaker 1: He was a piece of ship for that? Ah?
Speaker 2: Really, I mean they were doing it to each other though, that's what he was saying. He was just like, well, let's not forget that you tried to brob me first.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but it's still it's an opportunity for him to try to take advantage of her situation. I mean, he thought she was going to go for it because of her situations.
Speaker 4: What makes it? What makes him a piece of shit? Because he tried to lead with like he cared. He was trying to act like concerned and I'll do this for you and this and that, and then he ended with if you delete the video, like she didn't come in on some.
Speaker 1: I think I really deserved this promotion. She's just so straight up Sherman Park told him.
Speaker 6: I don't think that was part of the deal, right, I think he was supposed to do it, just because.
Speaker 2: I think my thing is that how we get here in the first place, like you and have never stuck your nose in our business trying to bribe us. So at this point, I'm still like, fuck Ashley, I don't give a shit. I'm like, whatever, bribe her ass? Why would why why should he care? Like he was trying to get this ship deleted, he was looking for another opportunity to get a leader and get back to where they were. But but you know that that's a perspective as well, right, because she's feeling like, you know, they're not getting to just do it this job. So it just depends on how you look at this whole situation. But you work here, you do these things, and it is what it is. You're just trying to bribe this guy to to get.
Speaker 1: What you want.
Speaker 5: So I really didn't have any sympathy for it, to be quite honest, I just.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't say I was sympathizing with her. I'm just more so saying that he's a piece of ship.
Speaker 5: But that's what I'm saying, like, how's he a piece of ship?
Speaker 3: Necessarily because he wouldn't be in this position if she would have.
Speaker 4: Never tried to brought him first. You're a Christian man, you know you can't. You can't, you can't react, you can't do what the devil. You gotta be able to hire a plane trying to clear his name though, you know what I'm saying, he was trying to clear his term spike stupid.
Speaker 1: It was her fault. She fell, Yeah, somebody all bones, it's up to it's up the variant thing. Oh yeah sure, yeah.
Speaker 2: So so after josh and and Lindsay lived at home actually sneak.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, this was fucked up. This is when Ashley sneeps.
Speaker 2: Inside their house, yeah, doing all this foul ship like the cats ship.
Speaker 1: Well she didn't essentially, well.
Speaker 2: She kind of left it open food dog, yeah for the yeah, by accident, but she mixes her blood into the jug juice and what the funk?
Speaker 1: Man that was? I was like, yeah, I was, oh my.
Speaker 3: God, she put her put her Yeah, her period pattern there, man never had no red wings spikes.
Speaker 5: Strike right, But that's how this episode end.
Speaker 2: That was fine for y'all. Are y'all feeling show at this point still? Not even with that episode, like, oh my god?
Speaker 3: That was oh yeah, yeah, this was definitely the peak because it was like, what are you fucking doing?
Speaker 1: What are you doing? Oh my god? The dog? Yeah yeah. But then it turned into them looking for the dog, and so it starts to kind of the.
Speaker 2: Bond and it's like okay, which leads us into five, which is like I am killing my flesh without without it, which is when Josh and Lindsey return home discovering that Birdberry, which is the dog, is missing. So yeah, we're going this just searched the whole episode. How are y'all feeling about this part? You said y'all. This This is where.
Speaker 1: Y'all didn't have any intrigue.
Speaker 4: It went all the way up and then I feel like it feel all the way down. I like, just hit the brakes too fast. I understand what they were trying to do with make this relationship with the two women and then you have whatever happens from now once we get to it, But I just it took too long.
Speaker 1: I liked this episode because it showed.
Speaker 2: Like how arguments can go and in a relationship like y'all both are blaming each other for something that neither one of y'all did, And I like that that depiction of that because I feel like that happens a lot, especially when stuff gets misconstrued in an argument, and I feel like this was a good representation of that.
Speaker 1: Did y'all take anything from that at all? Yeah? And how much they just don't like each other? So that's what I'm saying, like, how much do you not really like each other?
Speaker 3: Or is it just a relationship full of like misunderstanding?
Speaker 4: Well, this this, this is when they just really realized they just can't be together.
Speaker 1: And it all started. It all happened because of them.
Speaker 6: Like they were on the on the up and up, but losing that dog, which is a really pivotal thing for them, and it was almost like the dog kind of kept them glued together. And now the dog is gone, you know, and they have both have a history of incidences with the dog.
Speaker 1: So Josh knows he didn't do it. She knows she didn't do it, but both the other ones think that they didn't.
Speaker 6: Right because they know they didn't do it, and instead of asking, well, if you didn't do it, I didn't do it then and what.
Speaker 1: Could have actually happened and then investigating.
Speaker 6: But because their relationship been so fractured up to this point, they're not going to really be open to listen.
Speaker 1: To one another.
Speaker 6: So it's just gonna be you're just gonna be talking across the room and yelling across each other at this point. But they came together to try to find the dog. But man, when they found that fake ass damn dog though.
Speaker 1: That was a guy from a stranger thing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, they brought the dog home because I was like, yeah, they're gonna breathing the dog home. But one thing that bought the dog home was like, oh, it's probably a rap for the dog. But I did like to man, that damn that damn wolf was about to eat bro.
Speaker 1: I didn't like that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but well, her body slamming the goddamn wolf.
Speaker 1: I was tight. You would do that, I will.
Speaker 3: I bet your wife would do it too if one of them motherfuckers were coming after her. Boy, I could kind of, I don't know, for some reason, it kind of made it make sense a little bit. It didn't seem that crazy because the wolf was.
Speaker 1: Coming at her and she just grabbed him and did that. I could kind of see a mom doing.
Speaker 4: Some Yeah, she wasn't afraid of it, okay, because.
Speaker 5: Child, And that's how that's what he's trying to depict.
Speaker 1: Since she wasn't afraid, she wasn't ca fears.
Speaker 3: She was trying to protect it from or trying to protect the little dog from the wall.
Speaker 1: It was just a reaction.
Speaker 2: And I feel like that was a good representation because I feel like a mother would do something.
Speaker 1: Man, when that dog tried to play with that toy, it's not for you. Yes, yes, the dog don't know, get the damn dog the toy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But it showed in this episode how they both were dealing with the trauma, right, and they were dealing with in their own ways, like he went and went on the fucking ski trip or whatever with rocking out with a band that was crazy, and then she's back home just obsessed with trying to find find her. He was just like, yo, I hope you're not still out there finding them, and they both come to the realis that, Okay, maybe I shouldn't be blaming the other person.
Speaker 1: For this or whatever.
Speaker 2: So I thought that was endearing personally, you know, just you finally just kind of like, Okay, maybe it was my fault. Maybe I'm the one that left the door open, you know, because y'all are trying.
Speaker 1: To deal with this thing.
Speaker 2: And yeah, that's pretty much the gist of this episode. The only other thing that really happens in this episode is, uh.
Speaker 1: Josh agrees.
Speaker 2: About their marriage, that that they should that it isn't working and they need a divorce.
Speaker 6: Which seemed rather sudden to me. He has that I thought they were kind of they got back together.
Speaker 3: He was trying to convince himself they still cared about her, like he's not even attracted to that lady.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think he's attracted. I mean I think they showed later that he's still.
Speaker 1: About her. They show he's still I don't think he was attracted to Like.
Speaker 6: This thing was just like, I don't know, it's just I don't know. It still felt sudden like they were trying to make it work. And then this was the one thing was like, you know what, maybe you're right, maybe we shouldn't be together instead of they just had an argument over what happened with the dog. And once they can find and realized that that was the center of the issue, they can get back on the right path.
Speaker 4: They would have been fire, but they just used it. He just used it a way to get out of it. Yeah, closing out, the dog actually dies.
Speaker 1: I didn't expect that at all either.
Speaker 3: Birdberry dies and they return home and this is where we see him finally drink that damn nasty y ah it's juice. And that's pretty much how that episode is. Any any any other takeaways.
Speaker 1: They did that nice with him pouring out the orange. He's not going to drink it.
Speaker 3: I'm about to drink this whole damn Jesus. Yeah, that was disgusting. So we go into six. We've almost done.
Speaker 1: Y'all.
Speaker 2: Those blue remembered heels is what it's called one month later, parking in her chief count to review their efforts to conceal doctor uh Kim scandal. They decided to use wood Woosh's medical tourism package just to funnel the money, leading the club to open in Truci's branded spa and promote the clinic to members. How did y'all feel about this whole thing, them trying to get money from the from the members.
Speaker 4: It was at this point, Yeah, it was over all of that stuff that they did, and that was this should have been six episodes.
Speaker 1: It should have ended at six because all of this was extra. It was extra.
Speaker 2: But it did show different ways that these corporations try to get money or funnel money by getting these dumb ass programs and ship that you can sign up for just trying to get so I thought that was interesting to see. But I get y'all, it wasn't that strong in the series. Like I didn't really give a shit. I don't know, I just didn't give a shit about the higher ups in their plans. I carried more about middle class to lower class.
Speaker 1: Issues than the higher up issues. Any thoughts on it for you can? Nah, not really.
Speaker 6: I think at this point, you know, we have them, well you haven't gotten there yet, but yeah, no, not really.
Speaker 1: Where haven't I gotten Just it's kind of just Ward of Roses sort of thing.
Speaker 6: But yeah, with everybody kind of staking their claim and now they're trying to align with h theyve and Josh and his wife trying to get with the other group, Austin and Ashley.
Speaker 2: In this episode, they also showing like how how everybody's dealing with shit. You got a hier was dealing with that ship, you got Josh and Lindsey dealing with the divorce, and then you got Ashley and Austin struggling with financial issues like hospital bills and other debts.
Speaker 1: That's any of that interest y'all?
Speaker 2: Any of these storylines interest interest y'all in this moment because they're just kind of depicting back and forth how they're all struggling at this moment. So did any struggle stand up to y'all at over another or at all?
Speaker 4: I thought that the most interesting part I feel like in this episode to me was the member of the country club who was like acting like he was helping Josh and his gossiping at the same time. I feel like that was an interesting realistic storyline that they got from.
Speaker 1: Is that what he was on? He was on so I saw it, Yeah, very familiar.
Speaker 4: I liked his role in him like maneuvering through the background, the super rich guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, legit and ship. Okay, so you liked this. I did like that. Oh the guy with the younger girlfriend.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, so none of that interests all. So what about when Josh like files for divorce. It just kind of wants her to sign the papers, but she doesn't want to sign the papers because she's like, no, you know, I'm not about to basically give up one of the Jackpie. And in your ass afterwards, after we get divorced, you hit the Jackpie.
Speaker 1: How did y'all feel about this? Part? Made sense? Yeah? Sense to you? Yeah, made sense on both their parts.
Speaker 3: I can see why he would be like, nah, I built this, and I can see why she would be like, na, you owe me at least a certain percentage.
Speaker 1: Do you think he was intentionally doing it?
Speaker 2: Do you think he was intentionally moving it forward?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: He absolutely was, because when she said something to him, he didn't deny it or anything. He was just like, all right, well I'm gonna leave or whatever the fuck He said, but nah, it wasn't.
Speaker 1: It was definitely intentional.
Speaker 4: I feel like she could have just got there written in a divorcee contract that if that comes up, then you gotta pay me a certain amount. So I don't know, I didn't know. I wouldn't one hundred percent sure if that was his motivation. I'm thinking he considered it, but he more so just wanted to leave and was just trying to get this done. But I do think it crossed his mind. I don't think it was the sole motivation to get a time it really thought, what about you?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I try, you know, I don't. I really don't know. I think.
Speaker 6: I think when he realized that he didn't sign it and she wasn't a title to it, that he realized that this.
Speaker 1: Is the opportunity for him to keep more money.
Speaker 6: But I think I'm definitely in agreement with Mike is that she said, like way earlier, that she basically spent all of her family's money in helping him, and therefore she is entitled in that because she's broke because of him, so he should do right by her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, So the next thing we see throughout the episode is Lindsey befriends Ashley and Josh befriends Austin, both trying to get access to this footage to pretty much blackmail the other person in this whole divorced situation. Anything about any of these situations and trigut y'all, anything that stood out to y'all about, uh, Lindsay and her actions with Ashley or Josh's actions with with Austin, and just as a refresher, you know, Lindsey and and Ashley, they are just doing all kind of shit together, growing closer.
Speaker 1: She's trying to show her how to work work the system in.
Speaker 2: The at the club, just really trying to do things to befriend her and then Josh in order to befriend Austin. It's like, oh, Yo, can you can I get some of these therapy sessions they have? You know, they have this they smoke this this weed to make them have hallucinations and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: So this is what happened in this moment. Any of that stuff stuck out to y'all.
Speaker 6: This motherfucker using chaty BT the fix that I think it just everything he was doing, like you know, he was using that stuff, but not not really I don't think they really went anywhere with any of this, you know. I think if one of the things that maybe I liked was like was Ashley learning how to play the game, you know, because there's a game that's played by complimenting and doing certain things in order to get something in the change, but not making it seem like that because she didn't know how to play the game and showing that on this when you get a when you go to another level, it's a different world there, and and that's how it operates, and the ultimate goal was to get I think she wanted to.
Speaker 1: Was to use her you know.
Speaker 6: So I did like that part of it, but but outside of that, you know that that was about it. I think at this point it's like I think they really started to lose momentum.
Speaker 4: Just get to the point I just did this come on, like tell me get get us where we're going quicker, and I didn't. And then once we got there, it wasn't worth it, like as far as the doctor stuff. So yeah, all of this was it played off with the plane scene and she found out about the dog or whatever it may be. But in the moment, it's like real, y'all, like y'all landing on thick Man, like why would they be getting cool with each other?
Speaker 1: Like it just yeah, it didn't there were enemies.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so and using like their new situation, you know, to develop his friendship because now they need something from them.
Speaker 1: But you don't even like any of these people, you know.
Speaker 6: And it's kind of like in the Nice Guys, I'm meant to bring this up when they were walking and it was Healy in March and Heally was telling that story about Nixon and he told his big long story.
Speaker 1: It was like he was like, what was the point of the store.
Speaker 6: It was like that the point of the story is there's two sides to everything. And it was like, yeah, you can just say that, just said two sides taking me down this long solo right.
Speaker 4: Watch Nice Guy's review that we got coming out. Yeah, so to Spike's point, yeah, just like get to it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, two things came from this this episode that were I guess significant, or was supposed to be significant. After the whole medical trip, well the whole drug trip. By the end of that, the neighbor comes up and then Austin finds out that from the footage that Ashley basically was the one that came to the to the house, and that's probably how the dog got out.
Speaker 5: The other thing that happened is the tennis player Woosh is trying.
Speaker 2: To now blackmail the owner, which I don't understand why he thought this would work. He tried to blackmail and he ends up there when he goes out, when he gets he gets hit.
Speaker 1: By a car. Was he trying to blackmail her? Yes, I don't know. I didn't. I didn't didn't take that either, he said, no, he did.
Speaker 2: He absolutely did, because he's like, Okay, I see you trying to fundel the money through this program.
Speaker 1: He he he.
Speaker 3: Mentioned that to her, to her like he mentioned that I see what you're doing or whatever.
Speaker 6: I thought he was just trying to get away from that back club and go to another business because that was his step mom.
Speaker 1: Right. She had a sort of yes, yeah, I can't understanding.
Speaker 3: He was he was the son of her ex husband that she actually liked, right, Okay, but he wasn't her son.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: But I took it like she just did that because she was like she killed him to make it fun.
Speaker 1: I can remember now, I'm telling you, like I don't remember him trying to black Men. He revealed.
Speaker 2: He revealed that the payments are bribes, and he acts the chairman to him to to give him a vice president seat. He did all that in that same scene. He did all that in that same scene. I went back and watched it because like, why the fuck did he did?
Speaker 1: She kill him? Well? Why did he end up dead? And it was her? She She did the one that sent that.
Speaker 6: When he got hit, I was like, Jesus, yeah, that's why I'm out of nowhere.
Speaker 1: That's why.
Speaker 2: Because he tried to Robert, Like I said, this whole show is somebody trying to brob somebody. He tried to brow the fucking owner of the club, and she wasn't having that ship.
Speaker 1: That old lady man.
Speaker 6: When when Isaac was like or Josh and the show was like, uh, she said, yes, keep seeing some Hispanic guy walker. He was like, oh, that's speed. She's like, no, it is that you're Greek.
Speaker 1: Was actually kind of fron what that was. She refused to believe he was in Hispanic.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Well that's how that one and that was the two significant things of that.
Speaker 1: That was that was a hell of a wait. End the episode, or I will say that.
Speaker 2: So now we're going to seven. What it's called the hour separation. This is where Ashley, Lindsay, and Ava. They go to UH to Korea and UH Josh presents Lindsay with the forced papers and Park leads her phone behind before going back to Soul. This is what units finds and learners that parts crimes. Now she's now she's us realizing that Park is doing crimes. And then she goes to Austin about it. And then they both have this phone that has the evidence on it. And whereas he wasn't going to go career, now he's on the plane. How did y'all feel about this whole beat up and set up? I think it was his was founding in the context of the show. I think there was some things. I was like, why did you do that? Like why did you flush the phone?
Speaker 6: And I didn't know you could flush the phone down the toilet, didn't She said she flushed it, but.
Speaker 1: No, we saw her do it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I know, but it seem like the phone actually flushed through.
Speaker 1: And was gone a city in the toilet.
Speaker 3: Because those airplane toilets, some ships are those things are there, they suck hard. I've heard I've heard that airplane. You never have to show on the airplane. Yeah, they'll pull your whole guts out. You'd be like that boy in Invincible.
Speaker 1: So yeah, that bothered me.
Speaker 6: Uh but I did like when she caught uh, Eunice and.
Speaker 1: And Austin in the back talking and she was about to whoop her ass.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's that's the main takeaway from this one. So you got us there. So yeah, what did y'all think about this when she finally realizes that, fuck, this girl is the one that this is why my dog? How did y'all think all ship was the fence. I knew it was over for her point.
Speaker 1: And what she did was even more disgusting.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, they can get more disgusting than the fucking blood ship.
Speaker 5: But I y'all feel like this was worse than the blood.
Speaker 1: It has to be rubbed on the toilet sea yeah, in the side. Yeah, she's on a plane. Yeah that's way worse.
Speaker 3: Yeah, people's guts are all fucked up on planes, and it's a different kind of doodo.
Speaker 1: I'll take blood up her dudo any day, period.
Speaker 8: Blood.
Speaker 1: I'd rather get red wings than eat the ass of with the orange juice, you know, the phone. What was she wiping around the toilet?
Speaker 3: She was wiping it was like a paper towel or yeah, in the drink and that's a that's a lot due.
Speaker 6: Around the remember the glass that drink that she went and got and stuff like that. Yeah, that was that was awful. But in this episode, didn't Austin tell.
Speaker 1: You So this episode where yeah, he finally is like, no, I can't be with Ashley. I'd rather be with Units.
Speaker 2: But this is where we also see that Units like that at all.
Speaker 1: She was just like with a phone that nigga, like this phone. This is what she was on. She didn't really care about nothing else.
Speaker 4: She was like, I can't I can't say it back, you break But she also led him on until you break up with Ashley?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean she probably would explored it, but it just wasn't on the same level. She say that.
Speaker 6: She said something about while you're having a situation going on. Because I was waiting for her to like say it back and show something.
Speaker 3: I thought she was just saying that ship. I didn't think she really meant it. I don't think she really meant like, oh if you break up with actually all dated. Yeah, but he was just oblivious, I think at that moment about it.
Speaker 2: But yeah, this one ends, so that whole ship is going on on the plane, we find that, and they're going back and forth with Lindsey and all this, and they're trying to convince him like no, motherfucker's just really trying to trying to trying to.
Speaker 1: Do some ship or whatever.
Speaker 2: But the way this one is is that we get well, go back to where Josh is. He's back in California and he gets attacked by an assassin.
Speaker 1: That anything y'all took away from that part.
Speaker 4: This too can't be At this point point, y'all like, come home, bro, agree y'all playing with us? It was like, bro, what this happening?
Speaker 1: This episode was horrible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, they were trying to get rid of him to just so they'll be a dependant on him.
Speaker 1: No, I get why. It was just ridiculous. Oh that's what you're saying.
Speaker 3: The whole action with him, right, They wanted to make it seem like he committed suicide.
Speaker 1: Well not yeah, yeah, that's what I meant by but yeah, I get you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that but that was the whole reason though at the end of the day, they just didn't execute it writers.
Speaker 1: What y'all saying? Yeah? Stupid?
Speaker 2: All right, this leads us to the last episode, y'all, So it will stay this way and you will obey damn. So the attacker tends to kill Josh like we were saying, by staging his death as a suicide, which Mike mention and then he but he decides to fly to career trying to save Lindsay rather than escape to his family in.
Speaker 1: Cuba because he had a way out.
Speaker 2: Was just like, yo, that's all you gotta do is or whatever y'all think you should just went that route with it?
Speaker 1: He's the ticket.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But in Korea, Unit secretly slips the USB to Austin with that he's able to download before escaping parks Men, Austin swallows the drive.
Speaker 1: Did y'all think that was a good idea? No?
Speaker 4: No, it's like what are you doing patting him down though?
Speaker 1: Stick in your draws or something.
Speaker 2: But nah, yeah, uh, Parksman the duck Josh from the airport. So this is happening because Josh, like I said, he didn't go to cub but he came and they got him from the airport. Doctor Kim Helpston escape On the drive to the headquarters Ashley and Lindsay and Austin. They meet up with doctor Kim at the clinic, who says he wants to do the right thing and help them arrest.
Speaker 1: Did y'all how did y'all feel about this part?
Speaker 2: Because he was just it was just a long drawn out thing where he was speaking to them in Korea, but none of them motherfuckers understood what he was saying. Did y'all realize is that none of them actually understood what he was trying to say.
Speaker 5: Let me obvious. So at first you didn't realize it.
Speaker 1: I don't think so I did. I did.
Speaker 3: I'm like, man, I don't think neither one of these motherfuckers know what he's saying.
Speaker 1: But they didn't. They didn't.
Speaker 2: They didn't reveal that until the end, So I thought that was funny. Let's see. But anyway, they escaped to the streets, but Josh unexpectedly finds them, allowing parks Men to recap to recapture them.
Speaker 1: While in captivity. Josh and Lindsey.
Speaker 2: Has like a reconciliation type of thing, so they have like a heart to heart, so they used this moment for both couples to kind of have these deep conversations.
Speaker 5: Did anything of these conversations come out?
Speaker 4: Did this affects you all at all? I thought they were I thought they were all lying mm hmm. It didn't feel authentically and neither one of them were just in this extreme situation, so they feel like they wanted to reconcile men defenses, whatever.
Speaker 1: It may be. But it didn't sound real and it didn't turn out to be. Well. I guess it did to a.
Speaker 2: Certain extent because Ashley ends up giving Austin the USB drive that she had been lying about of course this whole fucking time.
Speaker 5: So I think the conversation did affect her.
Speaker 2: And I think the conversation between Josh and Yes and Lindsay was real as well, because he went to jail for her. So I think these two couples deep down loved each other. It was just these outside things that what I took from it that affect these relationships is how I ultimately saw these moments facts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did y'all take did y'all? Did you? I think at this point I was ready for it to be over.
Speaker 6: I think all this stuff was stupid, the chase, the trying to kill, all this other stuff. It's just like what are we riding here? And why you know? And and I don't you know. Yeah, I was at this point kind of just over it. I think they just kind of lost the plot and just lost everything and just started to just do shit.
Speaker 1: So yeah, even even.
Speaker 6: The doctor's sudden turn about switching and going against his his wife like that came out of nowhere, so we didn't see him like showing any type of remorse about what he did.
Speaker 4: I think it was I'm trying to remember. I thought it was something that was seer that I did think was interesting. But man, yeah, nah, okay, that's fun.
Speaker 2: So close to the ending here, Like I said, actually gave him a USB drive.
Speaker 1: He often escapes and heads for the police.
Speaker 2: But after sensing units is which we all already knew, hesitation to say I love you back doing a phone call, he instead offers the drive over to Park in exchange for freedom. So he's a change for freedom from Park. Josh is arrested for in Belzamint. Doctor Kim's death is rules in suicide Parks of Voice, Punishment and Austin Ashley basically reconcile their relationship so that all happens, and then we are for fast forward to eight years later where Ashley is the new general manager of the club. She and Austin are married with a child. But did we also see like this repeated cycle of them having tension between them? After the release, Josh chooses not to contract to contact Lindsay. Lindsay is now in the UK with a new husband and a child. At this point, how y'all feeling like, do y'all feel like there's just a waste of time? Did it make sense in the story? Did y'all think any of this point was gonna happen at this point?
Speaker 1: I think my favorite part was when.
Speaker 6: Uh, he kept trying to tell units he loves her and she.
Speaker 1: Oh that was so uncomfortable. Yeah, oh my goodness. I was like, bro, like he did all that. He was defeated running too.
Speaker 5: He was running like Tom Cruise, trying to keep trying to save her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because yeah he was.
Speaker 4: He told because he told Ashley that, but of course as was and she didn't realize it like oh, now you want to come back to me?
Speaker 3: But so yeah, they did a really good job though with his acting in this scene where he realized like, oh, she doesn't she don't really fuck with me like that? That was That was actually a pretty good scene. That was always well.
Speaker 2: I think even going back to those conversations though it's an intimate conversation when he was just like, you don't you don't really love.
Speaker 1: Me, you just love the idea of me.
Speaker 2: Basically, you're because of the trauma that you experience in your family. I thought that was a good dialogue. I thought those two dialogues were good. I think you stepped off of that moment. Did you take anything away from those two dialogues at all?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, I just hatred of Ashley.
Speaker 3: I got you because he wasn't I mean, he was a piece of shit too though he was, you know he was. He was fucking worthless, was lying about all types of shit. They were both just trash people.
Speaker 2: So the episode closes with Park, still unpunished, visits to the grave of her first husband in the midst that wealth cannot buy time, and reflects on her loneliness. The episode closes with an overhead view of like a garden type of situation, which is called us summersorro y'all familiar with that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what was that you're talking about?
Speaker 3: The final scene where there was all the other scenes around. Yeah, that was just them trying to be our se.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well it's called a Yeah, it's very white loaders, but it means wandering as as well as the world where within cycling change. So it's basically running around in circles is what that's supposed to have represented. And that basically was the representation of the of the series. It's just the basically this vicious cycle and whatnot. But that you know, if you look deeper into the meaning, that's.
Speaker 1: What that's supposed to simolize. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Cool.
Speaker 2: And then over the credits, background noises the birds chirping slowly changes the changes the flies to buzzing, possibly alluding to parks plat passing.
Speaker 5: It's what they say that kind of symbolizes.
Speaker 2: So yeah, man, that that is how they concluded Beef Part two. Like I said in the beginning, I think this is very white loaded loaded, lotus ish.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I didn't mind it, man, I thought I thought, I thought it was fun.
Speaker 2: I think I think it does take I know, y'all, but I just do you think it takes a couple like maybe another watch to kind of get some of the metaphors and what they were trying to do in it to.
Speaker 1: Have more appreciation for it.
Speaker 2: I think I think they were trying to be deep with it than the first one. And yeah, I pretty much enjoyed it, so I definitely would recommend it possible personally, how overall after that, y'all feel.
Speaker 4: The same or I wasn't mad at it, but I mean, I ain't feel like I wasted my time watching anything. I just don't think that they've done a good job towards the end. If it had some real good stuff there in the middle or some other places they could have went, it would have been more interesting to me. But uh, if somebody asked me should they watch it, I wouldn't be like, hell, no, check it out with you.
Speaker 2: Like you might hear something from it, feel the same Like no, No, I would tell them, now, don't watch this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how I would tell them, even though I didn't really care for the first season, I would say, go back and watch the first season. At least that was creative. This just felt like a really bad rip off. So no, I can't recommend this ship.
Speaker 4: Gosh, what about you Ken? No season three? M they said that That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, okay, we're good.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: Well, I still will be looking forward to another season personally, that ship by yourself. Yeah, I like the series, this Beef series personally, I'd be curious to see what direction they go with next time.
Speaker 1: But zombies, but yeah, man. That concludes our review of the eight episode series of Beef Real Quick.
Speaker 6: They said season two had a forty to sixty percent dropping viewership.
Speaker 1: I'm not surprised. I am not surprised. The critics was killing this. I didn't know that happened killing Yeah, what, it's a different thing. The drop of nothing's really pained.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, but season one had such a high, you know, viewership, and people loved it even if I didn't. I think a fifty percent drop is pretty significant.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think I think they mixed the mark on messaging here, whereas the other one was pretty pretty clear what they were doing with the beef. And I think Ali one was a good character, and Steven and Stephen and what were in that in that one? This one, I don't know if these characters sold it like that, you know. So yeah, and I think they were kind of trying to tell too many different stories instead of focusing on just one beef. Like in general, I think they were just like I said, they did the generation theme, but I.
Speaker 1: Think it just got a little too carried away. Yep, so you know.
Speaker 2: But yeah, man, that this concludes our review. Thank you guys for always tuning in. If you're not a Patreon supporter, make sure your Patreon supporter that's patreon dot com, forward slash France per second and also subscribed the channel which is FPS podcast. So yeah, man, look forward to putting more out for you guys. Until next time, Peace m