Speaker 1: The Frames per Second Podcast. Welcome everybody to a new episode of The Frames per Second Podcast. I am one of your four host Kenneth Bian's joining me. I have Rod, Mike and Spike Yo. We are here to review part two of Wicked. It's called too good.
Speaker 2: It was not called too good.
Speaker 1: It's not for goods Wicked for good?
Speaker 2: What do you think about these whole back of my Hey, I had to be called a wicked boy. She was good too.
Speaker 1: That's what she said. That's what she said when she got with that white guy.
Speaker 2: She jumped on my broomstick.
Speaker 1: She was like, Oh, I'm feeling sort of wicked. There was a laugh at people laughed at loud in the theater. They laugh in your theater. Yeah, yeah, they said that line.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of corny last Yeah.
Speaker 1: The movies directed by John m chu who did the first one. He did in the Heights. He did Crazy Rich Asians. It was written by Winnie Holsman and Dana Fox, adapting at two of the two thousand and three Broadway musical by Stephen Schwartz and Holzman. Uh. And it's based on the you know well, they kind of rode around the original Wizard of Oz as well. The cast has Ariana Grande who's Glinda, Cynthia Revo who's Elfheba, Jonathan Bailey who's fire, oh, and some other folks. Jonathan Bailey was on What is Happening behind Me? Sorry? I forgot what show he was on?
Speaker 2: Which guy?
Speaker 1: H Ridgardon? Yeah, you watched Bridgingdon's spike.
Speaker 2: That sounds like a spike as you gotta watch.
Speaker 1: Try. I tried.
Speaker 3: You tried to watch it, but it wasn't bad. I just don't know why I finished. Okay, but yeah, that's definitely my type of show mate.
Speaker 1: Damn. But yeah, it's it's basically the part too to this. So, uh so we reviewed the first one? We did? Yeah, we reviewed the first one.
Speaker 3: Mike's suggestion, No what it was? I was trying to swallow. But I do not remember this being my suggestion.
Speaker 2: I know you don't wicked.
Speaker 4: Yes, the first one absolutely a suggestion that you apologize to us.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm not just watching it.
Speaker 1: I was wondering why we ended up reviewing the first one.
Speaker 4: Mike say, yo, it's you know, it's one of those. It's a big movie, and yeah, I think we should try it. Yeah, you did well, that's my one.
Speaker 3: Y'all have plenty, so I'm not apologizing for this one though, because we did not have to do this.
Speaker 1: We didn't have to do part two. We had you said you.
Speaker 4: Want, and on that video you said you wasn't gonna do too dang, so here you are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if I had known I had said that, I would have skipped this. Yeah, you said you should have started the mutiny because I would have.
Speaker 1: So did you regret going to watch it? Because I know you were? Yeah?
Speaker 5: This was This was terrible, terrible. This was fucking terrible. This was worse than the first one. And I was I was literally gonna come in here and be like, we didn't need to do this. But I remember requesting the first one. But we did not have to do this, y'all. I don't think anybody is being like, damn, I can't wait to see what frame says wicked part.
Speaker 4: We did the first one, and they were hoping that we would change our tune and do this one.
Speaker 2: It's what I saw in the comment.
Speaker 1: I think that you were probably right. We probably could have opted out, even though it would have been weird to not do the second one, But I don't know. Yeah, it was. Yeah, I hope we don't. My idea have concerns about doing a disservice to the people that actually liked the show. That was my biggest concern, for people to actually get it, that liked musical, that appreciate the story that's more than their wheelhouse. But nonetheless we hear now. So, Spike, you were not on the first one you tried? But did I finish the first one? No? God, did you feel like when you were watching this you needed that context? And did you like this one?
Speaker 3: I didn't feel like I missed anything. I could tell what was going on. I will say that I probably enjoyed this more than an hour watching the first one because I was in the theater, so it did more justice to the lighting and the colors and all of that stuff. I did wonder who was the first person that thought, in the middle of a movie, let's just start singing and dancing versus having dialogue of accent anything, and just do this whole musical number. And I wonder how they got popular hours watch this because it kind of I understand that this is a musical, but me not liking musical instead irritated me.
Speaker 2: I don't like just breaking out in the song and dance.
Speaker 1: Did it feels like to you guys that there were more songs in this one?
Speaker 2: It felt like it was less to me?
Speaker 1: Really, yeah, I felt like it was more to me.
Speaker 2: Every damn you almost don't remember the first one?
Speaker 1: Nah, I don't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the first one, man, the first one it is. I think it's definitely more. And the first one was longer.
Speaker 1: The first three hours was almost three hours. But maybe maybe because maybe because this is supposed to run like consecutively, maybe since if what you were saying, Rod, there were so many songs, more songs in that one than this one. That's why it felt like because I'm I'm with you and I don't know how you feel, rot like the beginning of this movie was song heavy, and I'm like, God, dang, can't y'all just talk talk?
Speaker 2: Can we get a regular conversation?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: But that being said, what I did appreciate about the movie is the reveal of like the tin Man the Scarecrow, Like they were more. It was more Wizard of Ours adjacent, not that I know how jacent the first one was. Other than I think I saw them running.
Speaker 1: It wasn't it wasn't it was more of that in this one.
Speaker 3: Those things stuck out to me and they were done well, like the building of the yellow brick roll all all those things. Since I like Wizard of Ours that that was good to me. But just overall as a musical.
Speaker 1: And Wiz the Wiz, you know, the Wiz and Wizard both both of my life.
Speaker 3: But yeah, this what made this good is how adjacent didn't ran to Wizard of Oz.
Speaker 1: So that was something for you to connect.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like I like the lion thing and the ten man thing, all that was cool to me.
Speaker 1: Gotcha? So roight, what do you think about the What's part two?
Speaker 4: I think overall execution of this is is done. It's done well. Like from that standport of fans of this movie, I don't, like I said before about the first.
Speaker 2: One I did.
Speaker 4: This musicals is just not my wheelhouse, so I would just come on here just straight bashing it if I just solely went off of that. But as far as like the way they execute some of the performances in here, I think are done well. I think they did a good job with this Wicked series for what it is, right, I had my own personal dislikes about it. About you know some of the social commentary and all that stuff, and then obviously the musical numbers.
Speaker 2: But I did. I think I do enjoy this on a little bit more.
Speaker 4: Not that that's saying much, but I do enjoy it a little bit more because, like I believe that it was less singing. I believe it was more story here, which is why I like Wizard of Oz, because Wizard Hearts has a lot of story with musical elements or whatever. I feel like they kind of pulled and pulled that into to the second one. That first one was just all mus see and when y'all say back to back to back, like, that's how I feel like the first one was. This one wasn't so much. I feel like we got a lot more dollogue. It seemed like they had to sing about everything and the other one. This one, they had their moments where it was just just acting or whatever. And that's what I can appreciate about about this one. So it was it was it was more tolerable, I'll say that for me than the first one. First one, I kept dozing. This one I didn't doze as much. And it's shorter too, so that I appreciated that too. The other one's almost three hours. This one's right a little over too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, two fifteen, Yeah, two hours fifteen. It's the runtime. I don't know how much of that is the movie, but yeah, and.
Speaker 4: I do like that too with Spike, like the I've always liked how this is, just to see how they were gonna intertwine the original Wizard of Oz to this story or whatever.
Speaker 1: That's always been a triggument. But I felt like we got cheated not seeing Dorothy though.
Speaker 2: What was it about?
Speaker 1: Like, I don't know, they don't they don't maybe I don't.
Speaker 4: Don't know if it's a licensing thing, I just don't. I don't think they want to put the emphasis on that.
Speaker 1: I think that that's what I was. It didn't that possibly what it was, because then it becomes about Dorothy and less about it.
Speaker 2: That's what That's what it was. They didn't say total.
Speaker 5: No, that was that was supposed to be a joke, because she's supposed to be goofy oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's like a quote unquote dumb blonde.
Speaker 2: She called the dog something those well, Dodo or something she called Yeah.
Speaker 1: So overall, I mean, overall, I don't think it was that bad. I did see people that have watched the play say that the second part is the worst part. Yeah, so it took half of the movie for me to kind of get like involved in what was going on. It was just a lot of sin, a lot of set up, a lot of back and forth here, back and forth there. It wasn't until they got into the actual ship where I was like, Okay, here we go. And then there was a point where I was like, Okay, how the hell we're gonna wrap this up? You know? But yes, but the first the first act and a half, was like, bro, I can't we just I'm just here something I'm not gonna get find by, you know. But yeah, I think it's been five years after the last event, and you have Alphaba, who was fully labeled the wicked witch, siding in the forest fighting for animal rights. That's still there, and you know, the propaganda machine has turned everybody against her. And then you have Glinda. Is she going by Glinda? Now? It was Glinda. It's just.
Speaker 2: Thought what he thought it was quick and consus.
Speaker 4: I thought he actually first I thought, yeah, I think he might have just put it in. No, he literally asked me, I don't but it in that's Spike that does that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he said it was terrible. We should have did this.
Speaker 2: Oh you did ask him, you said, how did you? You're right, You're right.
Speaker 1: So Glinda now is the spokesperson for the wizard you know, uh corrected.
Speaker 2: She said that the gus silence, that's what that's why she said that in the first one. I believe. Yeah, she doesn't want to be called it's an uglier.
Speaker 1: Oh, but people were calling her Glinda.
Speaker 4: She made him call it Glinda, yeah, she said, and she told the uh the odds that the gut silence.
Speaker 1: Did you go back and rewatch it?
Speaker 2: I just I went back and rewatched our review.
Speaker 1: That's what I watched. She engaged to you, boy, Faro. I don't even know if that's like he said his name Pharaoh or something like that. Pharaoh. Yeah, yeah, he's captain of the guard, but he's looking for Alphaba with that jungle. How do you guys feel about where Glinda and Alfabra's start in part two? Do you think they did a good job? It was kind of selling the distance between the two, re establishing us in this world.
Speaker 4: I mean sure, I mean I don't feel like you had to do much I mean, they pretty much, and the last one made it very clear that they're about to be distant from each other.
Speaker 2: I think they did a good job back at.
Speaker 4: Showing Glinda Glinda that she has some sort of affinity for or whatever, because that wasn't very clear in the first one. It seemed like she wasn't her friend, and then she was her friend, and then by the end, like so they get a good job at like coming back.
Speaker 1: Around to that whole whole concept, Like, did you feel like Glinda was felt guilt over her position compared to the alphabus?
Speaker 2: I didn't get that.
Speaker 5: If that was supposed to be portrayed, I might I must have missed it, but no, just Glinda just seems like she just goes back and forth with you know, I want this power, but I kind of feel bad. But I want this power more than I feel bad. So I didn't really get that much that she was all broken up about what happened with Glinda until the fucking end of this movie.
Speaker 4: M Okay, Yeah, they try to make it seem like she's influenced by whatever, the Dean of which whatever Marshall, Yeah, not what's her last name?
Speaker 2: I forgot? They trying to make it.
Speaker 3: They put a lot of emphasis on her as the the person that's uh, the bad guy like the Overseers.
Speaker 2: Wars.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, it feel it felt like from the context that I had the first one, did the power meant more to Glyndon than being actual friends?
Speaker 2: What's her name?
Speaker 3: A Like she wouldn't mind her coming back around and knowing their friendship. But if it's going to mean like people not knowing that I don't have powers and me not having any political power, you can stay where you at.
Speaker 1: It's yeah, because you saw like she had the little bubble thing. It was so funny when she was popping that bubble off. She played this role well, actually I didn't know she was. They didn't like her in the first one. No, I didn't either. The hour that I watched, I was like, real.
Speaker 4: Better, it's a little different than this the Yeah yeah, but I don't know if they stopped recording and they came back, they just just broke That's interesting then, because like, yeah, she seemed a little different in this.
Speaker 2: Not saying that she was tolerable, it was more tolerable.
Speaker 1: You're saying the acting was different or the character was differ I mean however you want, I think so, you think it's both. Well, the character was definitely different. Yeah, yeah, but which she was stupid in the first one.
Speaker 3: She was saying that was part of the reason I got out of there. I was like, come on, yeah, it was just funny. I couldn't somebody. I could not believe it. It was.
Speaker 4: It was hard to watch. Yeah, this one, it was a lot more tolerable. She was a lot more tolerable than this one because she was just doing that the whole movie.
Speaker 2: She's every scene. If she was like that, this one it wasn't like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, probably a little bit more with you're growing established in a position. We saw, you know, parts of the old Glenn to come out when she was playing with the bubble thing and old girl. Yeah, that was a moment where she was densey. Yeah, just looking at like she's just fucking stupid as hell.
Speaker 2: That was kind of funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it was funny. She kept doing it. That's crazy, y'all want to that what a child if you had a bubble machine, Rod, I was a child as an adult. As an adult, what's the first thing you think? Like that got to run out of bubbles and something wasting the bubbles. That's what I was thinking the whole time, Magic.
Speaker 2: Morrible.
Speaker 1: Is there a name marrible to the bubble station? Yeah? Yeah, I don't know which of the south or north. Yeah, supposed to be to eat the real witch yuh in this one? But uh but yeah, so yeah, so we saw all of that. What do you guys think about the yellow Brick Road? Because I think we just opened with that?
Speaker 2: Did we open with it? They were building it, They were building it and then starts smacking. I did like that.
Speaker 4: Like I said, I went spike on that, trying to seeing that development or whatever, all roads lead to us, and so to kind of see that little backstory on that that that.
Speaker 2: Was pretty cool. That was pretty cool monkey off though they.
Speaker 1: Did not then? Yeah, no, that that that that was cool. I thought it was a good idea to kind of open with that. You know, I mean, we most people have seen the Wizard of Oz and we know the damn yellow Brick Road. So and if this is like a story around the story, just seeing them starting to build that and how they were putting it together and constructing it, and you know the relationship with how the animals were part of that and not unwillingly and her coming through and rescue and there, which led to a chase. I believe for him looking for alphabet because he man she was right behind him. M because they were Yeah, because I think the guards came.
Speaker 2: I thought he saw her. He just didn't want to tell her.
Speaker 1: You sure, I don't know she was hidden good? Well, he was choked up, like I feel like he was. He was like, like, you see her?
Speaker 2: Oh that part, Yeah, I'm a spike. I was, but I wasn't sure. But I thought that part wasn't clear to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it wasn't clear to me too. I was looking for a.
Speaker 3: Sign of that, but I was just I thought his face said that he saw her, like he was choked up like them. I've been looking for it and I want to connect with her, but I can't say nothing because they gonna lock her up.
Speaker 1: Okay, I could.
Speaker 2: Go both ways. Yeah, I'm not. I can lean towards what y'all was saying.
Speaker 1: I do remember the facial expression.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was wondering though, Okay, I can see that.
Speaker 3: Man, this is before they sick the monkeys on her right? Was that this is still all together right before her?
Speaker 2: I think that was later thought it was later to go ahead.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that was later. Yeah, but yeah, I thought it was it was it was dope.
Speaker 2: So who was chasing her here?
Speaker 1: Then one of the monkeys, No, no, it was the guard. The monkeys were chasing her when she was flying. Yeah, she went the trees and the guards caught up with her. Oh, monkeys were chasing after her. Yeah, black on black crime. Trying to remember. Well, they cann't find her either, because.
Speaker 2: Well, she sucked him up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she sucked them up, like going through the number one list when she got Yeah, yeah, she got into the woods.
Speaker 2: That was sucked up.
Speaker 1: They probably they left, but yeah, but anyway, so yeah, so all that was cool. So then we we you know how you say his name fire Yeah, fire.
Speaker 2: Phedro or something like that.
Speaker 1: It's spelled f y f I y e r O. I think it's probably who is this zero hiroh. It's the white guy, the white guy. It's a lot of white guys with both of them.
Speaker 2: That was like cheating and whatever.
Speaker 1: Hero he was the one that was gonna Maeric Lynda. Yeah he didn't want Yeah, he would have hit it, yeah, but he did. She was trying to kissing.
Speaker 2: She didn't get married. I thought they did.
Speaker 3: Well, you don't think she put out Nah damn, let's wait, she's waiting for marriage. Definitely, she's definitely she was.
Speaker 2: That's why she was crying when all the animals busted their wet And I'm not gonna get that now, this is bullshit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she was bad as hell.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: But we see the animals of like, we gotta get up out of here. Bro. So it is feral.
Speaker 2: Let's see fierro fiero, fiero, fier Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, So we move on to Alpham meeting the animals. They're fleeing os and we you know, her old caretaker was there, Dulci Bear, Elfa, you know, Elfeba tries to rally them, but the first OZ character shows up, the Cowardly Lion, and exposes that the wizards flying monkey spies are being used as surveillance and blaming Alpha.
Speaker 2: Before it.
Speaker 4: That was a call out on you, Like we didn't pick it up on the room. You but you knew that hit the cub inside that cage. You knew that was a cowardly line. That was a good catch.
Speaker 1: They had an underground they had an underground railroad. They did it was crazy. So you think the you know, because in your windows in the movie there were a lot and I was trying not to watch it with that. But do you think that the kind of captured the darker political tone well, or you think it kind of feel rushed or just kind of very like in your face. It was very in your face.
Speaker 3: I think it was very obvious what they were doing saying and what they were wanting to portray as a film.
Speaker 5: So like even with the railroad being underground, that's crazy that they're making us talking animals.
Speaker 2: And it was very like overt in my opinion. So yeah, yeah, going going to the world of nothing, right, she said, you would rather be there than here with no resources? Will you survive?
Speaker 1: That's kind of like like ghetto, We're just gonna go over here and stuck it out resources.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I think it were very They were very upfront with what they were saying.
Speaker 1: All right, since here I was really not trying this would be crazy. I didn't want to watch it with you know, a racial undertone, like remember the trigger warning. I like them, don't remember the trigger warnings.
Speaker 2: Trigger warning in other countries we talked about this just a surprise.
Speaker 4: I don't remember, Yes, trigger warnings and other countries about ableism.
Speaker 3: Uh, racial tones in it, the animal rights ship, all of that ship, the animal right stuff and the ableism.
Speaker 1: I get.
Speaker 2: I I forgot about the race that's making fun of people that can't walk. Can't walk like a sister, yes, like her sister. Why do you need you couldn't just like a crippled as sister? That one. God, I'm all right. They didn't her sister. No, I don't, he added it on right, he added on her sister looked like sambue L Jackson unbreakable.
Speaker 3: Ship.
Speaker 1: That's wrong with.
Speaker 2: God, damn, It's like, I can't see it. Why they do that this movie?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: They do that on part they did like, I ain't even they did. Why they do that? I never even thought about it? That's the fun, said Dad? What bones many do that? This movie is a trip?
Speaker 3: Bro?
Speaker 2: They want the same colors and everything. At first, I was like, what are you talking about? Jesus right now, I gotta pull it up. I gotta pull it up.
Speaker 1: Just like it.
Speaker 2: That's crazy. Why did they do that? Why did they do that?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, oh my god? Why did they do this? Mike? Why did they do that.
Speaker 2: They could have did. They could have did anything else when I have else. They could have given the braids. They could have give him braids. They could have gave her a parent of man, a twist out or something like god, bro, they did. They did the same cut Jesus damn. I didn't even notice that. I ain't know what you was talking about. At first, I could not see it.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's why Barkas wanted to believe her. Yeah, so Alphe, but you know, we running to the sister Sonessa Roles Andnessa now rules munchkin Land and she's like gone full authoritarian. Man, She's banning the Muskets for traveling. When she found out, O boy was like, hey, I think it's time for me to move on. She thought she was about to get a ring bro.
Speaker 2: I don't know why she thought that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was like, na, he tried to he went to the train.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she turned into a servant.
Speaker 1: Yeah he was bad, but yeah, but yeah, so that whole thing went back. So he came back, and you know, it was fucked up. It was it was, Yeah, what made you think you're gonna want you? That's what I'm saying, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, trying to force him into a relationship.
Speaker 1: That she ain't gonna work. It was fucked up when he was like, you know what, I gotta go, this is my last chance. She was about to get married. I need to go trying to catch from my last shot.
Speaker 2: Bro way that he's the fact that he just said that ship.
Speaker 1: Well he was fed up with her at that point, because she was like at that point, yeah, he was mad, but no, that was fucked up though. I'm with you though, right, he was just outright said that.
Speaker 2: He didn't owe her ship just because she liked him. Don't mean he had to like her.
Speaker 4: He played He played himself though he did. You don't want to start trying to make act like he likes her for real. You get closer to Blinda.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, picked up on game, she did.
Speaker 2: I don't know why they came back to that though, like because she did pick up on it. That was in the first one. Yeah, it was in the first one.
Speaker 1: She knew, she knew. I think she overheard him or some ship. She probably thought she could chef that's what.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what I'm saying. Yeah, like, yeah, people do that. I said women, But people do that. They think they could change people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, casino, yeah exactly, you know, we did do that.
Speaker 1: But but and in this particular scene, there was a moment where Elfa becomes comes in and she and chanced Nansa's shoes so she can move.
Speaker 2: She's flying.
Speaker 1: Uh. That's the only thing I felt, Nasa. I felt why Nansa was like Elpha bu yo when when she before she said it, I was thinking the same thing. And then she said it.
Speaker 2: She said, it's five.
Speaker 3: Years and five years you couldn't figure how to make me walk, and all you can do is come up here and turn me into a puppet.
Speaker 2: And I'm up in the air, fucking floating.
Speaker 1: Legs, just dangling. Ship.
Speaker 2: She was smiling though, just the first time she's been right. But that was foullas ship. Alphaba is a fucking asshole.
Speaker 3: In a little bit I've seen in the first of her sisters trying to act like she didn't want her help, like Elfabus should have known she's lying. If I can make you walk, she would be oh ship, oh cool.
Speaker 1: Well even still she wasn't walking, she was in the air.
Speaker 2: That's what I say. Elfe was a fucking asshole.
Speaker 1: And what them shoes, gonna do them shoes?
Speaker 2: Didn't do ship, but make her fly?
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 2: You couldn't give her some walking shoes. Why did she give for them shoes? I have no idea. This movie is weird. I thought I thought she wanted them to look good or some ship. I seen it, but good in it for why.
Speaker 1: She was rolling around?
Speaker 2: No, man, you could have gave him some rims then tires. What are we doing?
Speaker 1: This movie is so weird. Yeah, but yeah, Bok, you know, tries to run away to confess his feelings to Glinda's up.
Speaker 4: She's she's the government that right, Yeah, and her mom was the governor too, so I think that was kind of passed down to her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because she she had did something else that was fucked up with the animals.
Speaker 2: Right, she was trying to make them get a permanent for traveling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right, that's right, that's right, and uh little people do it. Yeah. Bock called her out on that, and then that's when he was like, yeah, I need to move on. That's when she was like, all right with your ass on that ship too. Immediate action, yeah, immediately.
Speaker 2: Yeah that man?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, but yeah, so but yeah, that nessa decides she's gonna cast a spell and to stop him from leaving to go confess his love, and it didn't work. It shrunk his heart and uh turned him into the ten man.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. I thought it was cool, though, just to reveal it really was.
Speaker 5: Terrible because it doesn't make any sense and in context of what happens when the Wizard of Oz, I don't think it makes sense for him or the straw Man.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. The straw Man was weird. That was at the end, right. I didn't know if I was. I couldn't tell if I was like, what the fuck is that? The scarecrow, Yeah, I didn't know what the fun it was either his face glittering. Yeah, but no, I thought this was an interesting or creative way to create The character did seem forced, but I just like the Wizard of Okay, that's we saw When he mentioned as hard, did you think, tim Man?
Speaker 2: I ain't think until he started chopping the door, now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I needed that. Until the metal went on his hands, I was like, what the hell? Yeah, that's a full of ship. Though she blamed, she was like, he won't need a heart, Like, damn, I'm talking her. When she blamed uh her sister.
Speaker 2: Yeah, likes.
Speaker 1: She read the spells.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but she read it wrong, and Alphabet tried to help, didn't. She turned into yeah, she's just said his life by turning them into the man, right, Yeah, but but the other girl killing better? Sorry ass which man, that's.
Speaker 1: What I was thinking. That's the best you could do is and close him and down metal? Where did all that metal come from? Anyway?
Speaker 2: It's magic?
Speaker 1: Was that the simple word magic? But that was Spiker. She was like, yeah, he a't gonna need a hard but he was about to chopnessa ass up.
Speaker 2: He was get away, Yeah, I can run.
Speaker 1: But anyway, so this part just felt stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because why do you have an a if you.
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 2: Look?
Speaker 1: What you thinking about this? You know? Tim Man revealed.
Speaker 4: It looked cool, but like I said, it felt forced because like we know, Tim Man has an accent.
Speaker 2: Why do you have an accent? This moment? It was magic? Yeah, but why why why do your max in this moment? Why you just turn to the Timm cut what you just said?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're gonna move on. Sorry, look at I'm sorry. He was angry though. He was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you ain't got no dick no more I was a slave. Now I was a slave.
Speaker 3: I was a little person slave even though he's regular height, and then you turn me into a old person.
Speaker 2: I'd be mad as fuck. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh, moving on, Alphaboul returns to Emerald City.
Speaker 2: What's up, I'm not even trying to it, just this part just didn't make sense to me.
Speaker 5: Which one when Alphabet was trying to stop her from reading the wrong words.
Speaker 2: Again, not even trying to. Why couldn't you just roll her away from the book.
Speaker 3: She was like, stop, no, you're the wrong word. Just use your magic and just and we're done, or the book or float the book away. But it's just like, man, I mean, I know it's wicked, and I know we're not sunned, take it that seriously, But it was just like all these things happening just don't really make a whole lot of sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, but ship she didn't make it any better. Well she did. She couldn't find a spell to stop it because it was too late at that point, but yeah, she could have stopped it.
Speaker 2: Ship Man.
Speaker 1: So Evenberg returns to the Emerald City, where Glenna and the Wizard are trying to recruit her, publicly promising to free the flying monkeys. If she plays a long she considers it, we get another song. Wonderful. I think with Joff Goldblom and Cynthia and Arianna, just hearing the two of them kind of it was really more noticeable in the last part when they had that duet, but you could just hear, like the differences in their voice. Bro Like Cynthia is just way more fuller and you know, Arianna is just a little bit more hollow. She can sing, but it's just their voices a contrast so much.
Speaker 2: But she's saying in real life she like a singer.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. I was the other one she does. I don't know if she has a singing career.
Speaker 1: But she she sing yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, she's good. She considered us it. But she finds uh doctor Dillomont and the other animals in prison behind the scenes proving that nothing has changed. So the monkeys get to go free. But he got some other ones in captivity, and that's Mike. When he she was you know, she was about to get married, uh fire oh fhiaroh and Glinda, and then the animals broke free and destroyed the whole wedding thing, which was, of course, kind of foreshadowing everything that was about to happen because that ship was fucked up. Did you guys believe was it stupid for Effelba to even go along with this request, which requests to partner up with the She believed the Wizard and our uh Blinda.
Speaker 2: Well, she wasn't afraid of them, so you know, what do you say? Believe what you mean?
Speaker 1: It just felt like I didn't believe the Wizard at all. It felt like, Yeah, it felt like there was something else going on, and I didn't think it was the animals in captivity. It felt like they were tricking he was tricking her because it went too smoothly. It was yeah, con in her a little bit. Yeah, it felt like, yeah, felt like.
Speaker 4: A wanted she wanted to believe him, and then she wanted to trust her friend in thinking that because she was just she sold it right. Glinda sold it like, look, you just got to talk to him, and she did it on the strength of her like, Okay, if you're saying he's ready to talk or whatever, I'll go talk to him.
Speaker 2: So she went off the strength of Glinda.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I believe Glinda, it was the Wizard. I didn't believe the wizard. Yeah, and so it never went anywhere. My suspicions, you know, were wrong. Outside of you know, him having the animals. I thought that at some point they were going to team up and he was gonna use that as a means to capture her, some kind of bullshit like that. So that's that's kind of what I thought. But that's not Elfebra rebels. In the middle of Glinda and Fioral's wedding, chaos erupts, fier helps her escape, and the two finally confess their feelings for each other. In as long as your mind were you guys surprised that he switched up on Glinda and went with lack of the berry, sweet of the juice?
Speaker 2: Was this the thing in the first one?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was a discussion we had, right, yeah, yeah, yeah. We debated whether or not that he was into Glinda. I thought he was.
Speaker 4: No, I don't think it was a debate, That's what it was like. Yeah, he showed that he was interested in her, and then I mean elfeba.
Speaker 1: Wait wait wait, now, if I recall correctly, it felt like Fieral was more into Alpha, but think Glinda.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, you would be correct, and Glinda was trying to get the attention of of thee mm hmm.
Speaker 2: And but yeah, and now that she has power, she got the attention. No, but it ain't genuine. No, she doesn't have the powers elf power, like like political powers.
Speaker 1: I got you. Well, I don't think. I don't think Fierro ever wanted Glinda in the first place. I think he just kind of went along with it in the movie. He just kind of followed through with it. He always wanted her. But and Alfeba knew that. But Elfe but didn't want to hurt her friend because she knew that Glinda was attracted to him and always wanted them, so she's just kind of let that go.
Speaker 3: It was some old, messy black ladies out there that's haided.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's crazy. Yeah right, hey man. He was like, yo, like nah, I've been looking for her this whole time, and I finally found her and he tricked the wizard. He was like, yo, if you want to believe this wisdom he needed to get in his cave, then that was it. He were you surprised he did that much?
Speaker 5: I mean they needed to add some more drama to this fucking movie. So no, I wasn't surprised. It was a bit much because it was like there was just there was just so many dramatic story arts going on.
Speaker 2: But no, I wasn't surprising.
Speaker 1: Mmm, okay, she was surprised.
Speaker 2: Who alphaba.
Speaker 1: You think she would Yeah, she said, yeah.
Speaker 2: She was just like, don't know, why are you going with? She didn't want she she.
Speaker 4: Was resistant of it at first, like of him basically going against the grain to go with her. Like, she was really surprised because you remember, she thought that he was on the other side. She thought that when y'all said she saw him in the woods and he was just like, yo, you know, will will finally catched this witch one one way or another. So she was she was going in thinking that he wasn't even on her side.
Speaker 2: So it was it was a surprise to her that he was.
Speaker 1: Okay, I was thinking that she was more concerned about hurting her friend too, and but she finally got what she wanted because she she didn't hesitate as soon as they got to this.
Speaker 2: It was an initial hesitation. She's like, all right, I guess we're doing this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, again, I thought that line it was corny.
Speaker 2: The wicked line. Yeah, it was corny, but it was a wicked line.
Speaker 1: She was like, yeah, for the first time, you know, in my life, I feel wicked.
Speaker 2: Yeah. That was uncomfortable. Like her trying to be sexy, it was just weird. Why because she's green.
Speaker 1: The Love Too.
Speaker 3: Maybe I'm racist that No, that shit seemed weird. I just I couldn't take her seriously. When she was like trying to be sexy.
Speaker 2: It was just weird.
Speaker 1: Really, do you think it's because it's the Odds movie and they're interjecting sex into the movie?
Speaker 2: Partly? It just seemed weird and odd and just uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: I didn't think they were going to go there. I was surprised when she got naked.
Speaker 3: When she got naked and she woke up from them fucking I was like, this is fucking weird for kids movie. I guess maybe it's just I was thinking there was a kid's movie to spike, but maybe it's just not a kids movie.
Speaker 2: But yes, I thought them. I thought.
Speaker 3: I just did not believe Cynthia Rebo in this role being sexy because she said something where she was trying to sound like scandalousness, like this is weird.
Speaker 2: This is weird. Maybe in another role I would believe her fine, but just not in this one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she didn't spend a lot of time. But oh I know, I was nah we good she bathed?
Speaker 2: How does she bathe? How does she bathe?
Speaker 1: How does she bathe? Off?
Speaker 2: That too? Because she's allergic to water? Yeah, he said something. She cried how she got a yet fish?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, y'all, y'all, ya, I.
Speaker 2: Bet it just didn't smell pleasant in that treehouse.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 2: You did try to move on?
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 2: I was just wondering at the end, like when she hear what was like?
Speaker 1: Damn?
Speaker 2: How she takes bands?
Speaker 1: Glinda heartbroken in his leg believe they've been having an affair all along. Philip betrayed. She allows Morrible to lure Alphabe out, but Morble escalates Thing by contract or Tornado and stand the Kansas House arrives and kills Tessa Roanessa was rolling.
Speaker 3: This man, Why are you outside in a storm in a way, you're the governor, you're the governor, but you can't even run away from her, So like, why are you outside rolling around? It made no it made no fucking When you're talking about it's something like that was another force thing. I'm like, yo, they really forced she was break dancing to get then.
Speaker 2: Even Alfa was stupid. Even I was like, I'm seeing something and it just doesn't make sense.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I'm like we are too, We're in the same don't make no fuck sense.
Speaker 2: Where the fuck you get a house from?
Speaker 1: And why?
Speaker 2: Man they follow ship for that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you remember, I don't know if you'll remember, but that said, that was probably the one that the house landed on. Yeah, and I remember not thinking so because the leg the original movie thought that was, why are y'all doing this?
Speaker 2: This seems really disrespectful.
Speaker 5: Y'all dropped the house on the only uh disabled person that we've seen in this film, and then you have a focus on her legs and the actual real movie and her legs troubled up.
Speaker 2: This was weird. That's it didn't deserve this. That's it was shitty. But she was misunderstood.
Speaker 1: She had a rough life.
Speaker 2: This was kind of weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah it was. Yeah, it's a storm and you're still riding around of a box.
Speaker 2: It made no sense.
Speaker 1: You got guards and service, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Shed outside by yourself, and you even when you see the storm coming, turn your ass around and go back inside.
Speaker 1: Nope. Not.
Speaker 2: Shouldn't be willing in the middle of nowhere. No no, not by yourself.
Speaker 5: And it's not even like a motorized chair. So it's not like you could actually get away fast. And it just made no sense, absolutely no sense. Affable was absolutely right. She saw a vision and it did not make sense, and we did too. So I'm thinking I missed something. What was the reason for Marble to even bring that house there? Well, okay, so the storm or whatever, I missed this. So Glinda was like, if you want to get to her, go through her sister, right, So she killed her systor on purpose?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but why did I drop a house? No? No, no, no, no, no, no, no, it was an accident, but because Glinda basically said that you have to use this sister to draw Ah.
Speaker 2: But I remember that part, yes, right, And Marrible.
Speaker 1: Was the one that escalated it and turned in it too a stormy.
Speaker 2: Right, that's what he's saying. So but so so Marrible killed her on purpose?
Speaker 1: I don't. I didn't look at it that way. I thought that was a damn.
Speaker 2: I thought she said it's gonna have to be more than a rumor. Did it on purpose?
Speaker 1: Connection all that work?
Speaker 3: Yeah, she caunjured up a storm a cyclone. So was she originally just gonna make the cyclone pick her up and flinger as something?
Speaker 2: Or does she want and how does she know?
Speaker 1: She was out.
Speaker 2: To make sense it's which magic don't because she doesn't.
Speaker 3: She wanted to conjure up a storm so she could kill her sister because she knew that just them telling a lot wasn't.
Speaker 2: Just poison her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just want to make sure she understand the accident. What we're basically trying to say happened here?
Speaker 2: Yeah, lost, they're trying to She went in and.
Speaker 1: Did the electric bugoloo ship break dance and ship conjured up this storm clone. So she conjured up this cyclone told that cyclone to pick up this house. She knew Elba was rolling in the deep NESSA sorry, I'll take that bad. She was outside, yes, but and she knew exactly where she was at, and she decided to drop the house.
Speaker 5: On see her knowing exactly where she's at. I don't have a problem with that because she's a witch.
Speaker 2: I just have more of an issue with this. Was a lot of work to kill this one girl in a chair.
Speaker 5: You fucking conjured up a storm, had the storm pick up a house, and you dropped the house on her.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe she wanted to make it seem more natural. Even though it was in.
Speaker 2: Oz that came from Kansas.
Speaker 5: They could have she could have done anything to her. So I after to this part, I was like, I must have. I was doubting myself, Like I fall asleep because I'm confused about what just happened. Mmmm, that this ship is weird comments I might read him for this, Please explain this part because I'm confused.
Speaker 1: And the house that you picked up had Dorothy in it. Yeah, well we we saw that part.
Speaker 4: I'm saying, the same house that fell on the witch had Dorothy inside the house.
Speaker 2: But it doesn't even make sense because in the original we saw the witch flying around when Dorothy was coming, didn't didn't didn't, I believe so, But in this one the witch was just coming.
Speaker 1: We didn't.
Speaker 5: It doesn't make any And I can already read y'all's thoughts. Yes, we are putting way too much thought into this movie, but it just didn't make any sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this part blaring it will and I don't believe it's just us.
Speaker 1: I think that to part two. I didn't see it at the you know, play a theater or whatever, but they said that it wasn't all that good.
Speaker 2: I read the same thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so, uh, I don't know if they have the same criticisms, but either way, which is kind of stupid. While they were breaking up in two parts, if they knew that, like, if you knew the second part wasn't gonna hit, Like, why would you even do? That's too much money? I mean, it's making money.
Speaker 2: I'm sure it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's making money. Anyway. Booker fronts Glenda over Neessa's death and they fight until the guards show up. Uh, what y'all think about that slap? This was about the fight between Yeah, I kind of thought this was funny. I did too, Spike, she slapped. She slapped her as bad. I was thinking about that sport power slap? Is that? Oh yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you're right. We was going here a bitch she was about to. It looked like they paused it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it looked like.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I liked it. I thought it was I did, Mike. I thought it was funny. People in the theater laughed too. She slapped the ship out of her, and she slapped the ship out of her back too. I don't know, I thought I thought it was interesting. H Fiero intervenes. He's drapped away to be tortured. Elfeba's devastated. She retreats to calm cold the hot out Phirooh told her about it. Finally gives up trying to be good, and then I think she did this on no good deed. She transforms Fierroh into the Scarecrow to save him. This ship didn't make sense to me, out of all the goddamn things in the world, a scarecrow. You love this man and you changed him to straw man.
Speaker 2: She's the shittiest witch in the world. It's looking like he's awful. Yeah, like you're not creative, not at all, not at all. You couldn't do anything but turn him into a fucking strong man so he would stop hurting.
Speaker 1: Oh man.
Speaker 2: And at what point does he join with Dorothy?
Speaker 1: And then we didn't see it exactly.
Speaker 4: Didn't make any because they couldn't make it make sense. They couldn't make that make sense.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, what was the Scarecrow's thing? The lion was cowardly? Then they have a heart, needed courage.
Speaker 2: I thought it wasn't courage the scarecrow.
Speaker 1: He wanted to be real, didn't he.
Speaker 2: That's Pinocchio. I'm just kidding.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't remember what.
Speaker 3: Let's see a brain, a brain, brain, So he turned them into a brainless scarecrow.
Speaker 1: And that's that was the disconnect for me. I knew it was something, but like, Okay, the tim Men, I got the CAROLYLINEA guy was like, but what was the thing with the scarecrow? This guy and I knew couldn't make couraged because he was a warrior.
Speaker 2: Wow, she gave me some brains?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 3: On what.
Speaker 1: He got it before? Oh he did get it before, so yeah, so he probably was wanting more of it.
Speaker 2: If I only had some brain. I used to get brain all the standard.
Speaker 3: I don't remember what it is. I know is I want the wizard to figure out how to give me some brain.
Speaker 2: That's what it was. The hell this movie they forced this whole.
Speaker 3: Ship, because did they ever show when they were showing a little silhouettes, he wouldn't have.
Speaker 2: I don't remember seeing him in there because I.
Speaker 1: Don't seen him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's what I'm saying they purposely didn't show them because they had to make that make sense, and it just didn't. It didn't make any sense. But I do have something that I think could make sense towards the towards the end about him. We'll see if you all agree.
Speaker 1: Okay, well we almost at the end because now she's full on villain which that was the thing I was really really trying to figure out with the first one. I was having the schedule with my wife, was like, well, how does she turn into like evil? So of course this is how the kills. Yeah, I killed the sister and she was like, all right, that's it, I'm over it.
Speaker 2: She had a song about it. What she said, no more good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no good deed yep. So yeah, so that's it. So but that makes sense for you guys, for her to be villainized like death was sister, her lover's gone. She had just got a peace because she ain't had any you know.
Speaker 2: Oh that's true.
Speaker 5: She had just got some dick and they took her sister at the same Yeah, I guess that that's enough, because I was gonna say it would have been a lot more believable if she had made up with her sister, but when they separated they still were kind of at odds.
Speaker 2: If they had let them like actually make up, this could have worked a little bit better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when she arrived and was.
Speaker 3: Like stepping to fucking Glinda about using the sister's death, it didn't.
Speaker 2: There was no emotional anything to this.
Speaker 1: It wasn't because she was like, oh yeah, can I have some time with my sister?
Speaker 2: Yeah that was weird.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you're just cool just just being.
Speaker 2: Dead under a house why, right?
Speaker 1: You know none of that.
Speaker 2: That's what happened in the original.
Speaker 1: Right, she was mad.
Speaker 2: She was really mad. I don't remember.
Speaker 1: She just accepted. She was like, damn, my sister did and the house on your sister of all things, like that's the way to die.
Speaker 2: Shoes, I get you my pretty and your little dog too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, no, no, she was all she said was just go get my sisters shoes.
Speaker 1: Was to give away, right, Yeah, because Dorothy ran off. They showed Dorothy and Glinda gave the shoes to Dorothy for that right, see you later.
Speaker 2: It just didn't.
Speaker 1: It's like the shoes are brand new. She you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: In the original that she telling her shoes was gonna get her home, I think so. I think so, I'm gonna make a float.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: So anyway, os is mobilizing against el but now Dorothy, Uh, it's definitely been weaponized. Glinda is realizing the cause of her choices. So we have Dorothy, a ten man of the line in the Scarecrow, now being sent directly to kill Elfeba. Bach is rallying an angry mob in March of the witch Hunters, and the Wizard is fully leaning into his propaganda and uh, Glinda breaks down and girl in the Bubble, realizing her public image was built on a lie. So she goes confront Morrible and Morble reminds us she was never in control.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 1: This act was weird, mainly with Glinda's part, because she just kind of turned into the hero, you know, So you know, it's just like I don't know, yeah, yeah, I mean, they gave her a full song where she just run around singing and shit, and there's a whole mob outside. So Glinda runs the cow Cold where Elfeba has in prisoned Dorothy trying to retrieve the shoes and Glenda warns her about the mob. Elfaba gives up and she decides to surrender just Barrick Linda from being hated like she was. And then they had their duo for Good Rea, firming their friendship and the tragedy of their broken paths. The harmonies were good here in one of the parts. It was when they harmon us and then they hit the same note as you know towards the end. But did for a good hit? Did that work or did it struggle to kind of close this whole thing out, like the emotional weight of these friends that are coming together being broken apart and now they're back together again to show that everything's all right in the world and you're really my sister and I love you. I don't care about you taking my boyfriend. She did have that line Rod where she was, oh, nigga chose me. It was with the shoes when she gave away the shoes and she was like, oh, yeah, I forgot what she said said, your sister wasn't using them, no way, no something about y'all. I never you knew you were asking permission for something to take you. Yeah, it was something like that. I can't anyway. Did the pronal song hit? Oh, the song, well, the song they were coming because they used the song to kind of connect.
Speaker 2: I think this is probably one of the better songs. Sure, but.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this this is apart man like like like like I said, with the first one, I have like the you know, the color, the colored person having to dim their light for the white woman to shine.
Speaker 2: It didn't feel weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the whole movie was weird that way.
Speaker 2: The first one was worse.
Speaker 1: This one.
Speaker 2: They brought it back around.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I felt I felt worse this time.
Speaker 2: I felt it this one. I don't remember the first one like you, but I was way unsee it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The first one they they was it was like like you saying, it was very overt, like in your face or whatever, like yeah, this is the first, not the first time, but this is one of the you.
Speaker 1: Know what, this was bro like the whole time watching was like, Okay, it's a black person's doing all the things, not bad, not evil, but it made out to be evil, you know, yeah, angry. And then they're propping up this white person who doesn't have any ability to skill because remember she didn't have any other kid. They did the flashback when she had the winter and she tried to do the winter and she lied about the rainbow, so they use her as this image of what it should be where the black person has to go into hiding. And like you said, Lord of the Light.
Speaker 4: It's like the Dark Knight is remember felt like remember yeah, remember Dark Knight. Yeah, he's just like, look, I'll be the bad guy, Harvey.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. They want to they need someone to look up to. At least that made sense. That made a little bit more sense. I mean, this didn't make any sense.
Speaker 1: This is this this night.
Speaker 2: Now you're talking about race now, like whereas that was like it was two white men, It.
Speaker 1: Wasn't supposed to be about race, but it turned into this. But it's hard to for me to Nott'll think it isn't absolutely I don't.
Speaker 2: Think that they were intentionally going for what we're picking up.
Speaker 3: But I don't know that we would be picking that up if they didn't put some of the other stuff in this, you know, especially if you're.
Speaker 2: Talking about trigger warnings.
Speaker 5: If you're warning us already know, hey, there's like race discussions in here, Why would we even pick that up if there's no black people in this fucking film.
Speaker 2: There's just this green woman. So It's like, nah, y'all were doing this and then you do it.
Speaker 1: It was just weird.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna say that they're racist or anything like that. It just felt really weird. And then you made like what did she die for? I mean she didn't die, of course, but I mean like what was she supposed to.
Speaker 1: Be dying for?
Speaker 2: Because the animals said that, like, this world won't be a better place until.
Speaker 3: You're dead, and but so she believed that and was like, yes, I'm gonna go out here and have her throw some water on me and I'm gonna die. Because the people they wasn't ready to accept that her as a good person because all the propaganda have been put out there.
Speaker 2: But it's like, yeah, but.
Speaker 3: If they showed like Glinda being an ally and then proving that like Anable and the Wizard were actually frauds, then this could have worked. It just felt weird. It was like, if you're going to retell this story, why are you telling it this way? And if you're trying to have a tragic ending, this ain't.
Speaker 2: The movie for it.
Speaker 1: And they had a gang spike, a gang of monkeys like that.
Speaker 2: It's crazy when you put a black person in that role. You you gotta be careful.
Speaker 3: I agree, Yes, you gotta be And you can't just paint her green and think we're not going to pick up on this.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Do you think we would feel it? Because when I was watching, I was like, I kind of felt like I would be thinking the same if it was reversed. Do you think the roles were reversed if I was a white woman, I think it would have felt better for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure. But then.
Speaker 1: People would have still complained like, oh, this is some white night ship.
Speaker 2: So there was really no way to make this.
Speaker 1: No if Glinda, if Glinda was Alphaba, and.
Speaker 5: If Ariana Grande was Alphabe, yes, okay, if if they switch characters, right, would we still look.
Speaker 1: At it in the same way.
Speaker 5: No, I'm saying that people still complain because if Ariana Grande was playing Alphaba and she died, then it would have felt kind of white knightish.
Speaker 1: And oh, white knightish and maybe woke to Do you think they would have tried.
Speaker 5: To be like, oh, well, the white woman died, so this black woman could be great. I don't know, I don't know any anyway it goes, this would have felt weird. Yeah, So I don't think they really had much of a an option, but this still felt weird, especially when she's in the closet. She's like, yeah, you know, being really quiet, and she's silently watching this black woman getting harder.
Speaker 1: It felt weird.
Speaker 5: It felt weird, especially by a white woman, by a white woman, and she threw water on her.
Speaker 2: You know, they say we don't bathe can't swim and can't swim, right.
Speaker 1: It's just all of it felt Yeah, it did. And then she slept with the white man. It was like, oh, you you know you white black white people don't like when black folks sleep with their race.
Speaker 2: You know, she was exiled for it. Yeah, but Dorothy didn't know all that. She didn't care. She wanted was her way back home.
Speaker 1: That's all she was like, I don't know what. Look, I just want to go home. I ain't involved in any of this bullshit. You women to get the broom, Okay, I'll get you get the broom. She got a broom too, like a maid. Man, stay woke, talk about it, Stay woke. But but again, I look, if people listening, I don't know what I'm saying. There's an interjection here going on with with you know, that's just how I'm looking at it as a black man, and it's not just how you're looking at I'm just saying I just want to you know, it's there, man. I don't know if it was intended to be there. Even intent doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: But nevertheless, they've seen all they've seen all the criticism, like they say, got triggered warners in front of their movies.
Speaker 2: But it was filmed back to back, so it's not like they can go and just do the whole.
Speaker 1: They could, but I mean they have. I mean, look at Sonic and all these other movies they had to redo that may have been about I can't remember. Was it about the racial stuff too or just the animal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's about the racial stuff too with Sonic.
Speaker 1: All right? Man? Uh So anyway, Alphaba is melted.
Speaker 2: If y'all can see what he's doing, you understand why he's always like this.
Speaker 1: He's watching.
Speaker 2: Oh they do.
Speaker 1: But uh but later on we learned that Alphaba faked her death. Did you guys think was gone for real?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: I did too, thought she was dead. I thought I was like, there's some bullshit. They don't killed this damn woman.
Speaker 3: I didn't feel like there was no reason for her like not to be right. That just makes me think, Dorothy dumb as fuck? Right, how did you not see her go through a trap door?
Speaker 1: She's a magic she's a witch, so she probably used magic. That's the only way I'm gonna make this make sense because I had the same question. But I was like, maybe when she was melting your created steam and she just.
Speaker 2: I don't know, all right, No, that makes sense, But that makes sense.
Speaker 1: That's the only way I could make it make sense because I'm like, she didn't.
Speaker 2: Hear the door, and the scarecrow found her.
Speaker 1: He came back because he knew where she was. Wait, how do you know?
Speaker 2: Smell her funky ass and she ain't watch it? I smell a steaking as she over here? Showhere somewhere? Yep. Yeah, but how did he know where?
Speaker 1: So where she was at?
Speaker 2: When?
Speaker 1: When did when did Elpha but tell him?
Speaker 2: This was the plan? It was it was part of the plan.
Speaker 4: So this is the part where I said they trying to connect it to the original because in the original, when she has the water thrown on her, Scarecrow tells, uh, Dorothy that the water is over there. It's Scarecrow that says it. So I guess the way that rewriting it is that it was always a part of the plan. Scarecrow is always in on them leaving together. But when did she tell him? Because she hadn't even talked to him in the original movie or even in the original In original you see him, I think you see him?
Speaker 3: Like, sorry, No, I mean when did When did Alpha but talk to the Scarecrow because you don't even know he was alive until the end of the movie, remember, because when she sees them, she goes, oh my god, you're alive. So that doesn't even make any sense because when would she have told him, Hey, my plan is that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I get you, I get you that. But I was just trying to piece it together that like that's what they were trying to trying. All of that ship was forced to me. Every one of the original Wizard of Oz connections were forced to me.
Speaker 2: Except the line I disagree with you. Everything else I agree except the Lion's everything else I agree with you. It's something they worked The Lion in was cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the way, Yeah, the Lion had a little bit more backstory because he was in the first one exactly the other ones they just kind of plopped them in this one. Yes, yeah, I agree, Yeah, but I wanted to trust on the trigger warned real quick. So I said this on the last one, but just to give you know, a little bit more insight. Uh, it was on the screen. Crimination and bullying the primary thing throughout the film is explicit and widespread discrimination faced by Alpha, but the green skin they put it in quote woman who is mocked, bully and humiliated because of her appearance. This is an allegory for real world racism and prejudice.
Speaker 2: So they said that this was so that's your fault. That's your fault that we're reading it this way.
Speaker 1: Cool, because they I guess they were. They know, they knew, yeah all right, so yeah this ain't us. They knew that's had the trigger one. Yeah cool, So somehow I get you, right, I think it's some bell, but I understand, we got got to make it make sense. So I guess if they love Oz, she and her trap door reunites with and she can't turn it back to your human she's a sorry as I don't know, she like, she's just like she's lying.
Speaker 5: You're beautiful, Yeah, because she used the same word that he used remember earlier when he said that rather insulting ship where she was. He was like, oh, you're beautiful, and she said something like oh no, I'm not. And he's like, well, yeah, it's a different perspective.
Speaker 2: It's like, bitch, that is not nice.
Speaker 3: How would you feel if someone said that ship to you, you're very You're a very handsome man from a different sh No one really tells me that.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, if you think about it in this perspective, she just called me ugly.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's why she turned it into a scarecrow. Make him look better, no, make him a little funked up. Okay, you know you let's talk about perspective. Then now you're on my level. Now what now we we're saying that's ship. I forgot about that that was but uh yeah, I did not know he was a scaracter until the movie was over.
Speaker 5: You did not know because I couldn't tell, like what the funk was on his face. It looks like that that glimmer ship from Twilight.
Speaker 1: They never show his face until the end. They just saw kind of walking all funny, but even his face.
Speaker 2: I was like okay, and I was like, oh, that was supposed to be the scarecrow. I said the same thing. I said, it's supposed to be. I was not sure it was the same. Just like you, this is bad.
Speaker 1: Y'all could have some straws his face or something anything. I was surprised they did. Yeah, they just yeah, it was weird. Yeah, I guess they wanted to keep his looks int that.
Speaker 2: I guess.
Speaker 1: So this was the weirdest part to me. And I don't even think it needed to be in the movie. Uh ch History presents Glinda with the green Elitzer, and Glinda realizes the Wizard is Elfebu's father. What the fuck a shame? He leaves? Ohs what in the entire hell?
Speaker 4: So in the first one, y'all remember that you know my mom, her mom was sleeping with the guy, but they never revealed his they never showed his face.
Speaker 2: He's probably.
Speaker 1: Oh so the affair that she was having the wizard, Yeah, yeah, because.
Speaker 2: Apparently that's how she got her power, although why didn't he turn green? Because he was drinking what.
Speaker 3: And that's how she got her powers too, right, But the wizard don't have powers. That's why I didn't understand it. But they was like the mixture of both worlds is how she became so powerful, And I was like, what worlds are they talking about? I thought I missed something in the first They're probably talking about the power of being biracial. I'm sure logically love this movie.
Speaker 2: Drake wrote this, right man, Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 5: Again, every time I was confused, I just assumed I missed something, so I just wasn't even holding it against But it didn't.
Speaker 2: Hit No, I didn't. It was supposed to be like a big reveal, too right, It didn't hit it all. Yeah, it's supposed to be.
Speaker 1: We didn't see him suspecting like there was like it was nothing, Like she didn't even think, are you my real daddy? Nothing, none of that.
Speaker 2: But it's like, how do you even know? Though you're making guesses? Right, well, since you were drinking that green stuff and she turned green, you're oh, what hell about you know? Do you know?
Speaker 1: You know you have powers?
Speaker 2: You can't see the fucking future or nothing? Shut your ass up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fuck out of here, you should leave. Glenda restores animal rights. Uh, Marble is arrested, and you know, she becomes the true leader of OZ and the Grimmery activates for her, and now she got magic, white girl magic.
Speaker 2: Well of them made it do that, right, I thought she did.
Speaker 1: It looked like she did transfer something to her to give her magic. So I saw some hands on it or something. At the end of the day, the white woman still gets.
Speaker 2: Get all the power and the book. She was able to rule the land while the other one is exiled into the land of nothing rights in the ghetto. Crazy. That's how. That's how they did this movie. So weird. It's so weird, so weird, it's like in your face.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So yeah, we run the world and that is it, and we will continue to left part out.
Speaker 3: It ends with the camera's floating and they're in a field and she like whispers, which makes it seem like it's going to be a continuation.
Speaker 1: No, I can't do another one. No, I saw you're not talking about Alfaba and the Scarecrow walking out.
Speaker 2: Alphaba and Glinda are in like a field.
Speaker 1: Oh, I thought they were reminiscent.
Speaker 3: I thought that was a flashback, like say something in her ear, but we never know what she said. That's not a flashback to it's a flashback.
Speaker 5: But like that was supposed to be like powerful or something, because they don't reveal what she whispered.
Speaker 1: Oh, I thought it was just I didn't take anything from that. Yeah, I thought they were just trying to show them back on screen.
Speaker 2: When it ended, I was like, I am so lost. What the hell is?
Speaker 1: There will not be a part three?
Speaker 2: I want to know what the fuck she said? Me too? How was it.
Speaker 1: They're selling? Bit you? Oh man?
Speaker 2: So they said it's a call back to the original Broadway musicals.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that is.
Speaker 2: Image that actually makes sense. That's kind of cool.
Speaker 4: Then, okay, we're creating the scene with Glenda whispers in the alphabe's ear.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's kind of cool. That's kind of cool. This movie is still trash, but that was kind of yeah, so that's paying homage.
Speaker 1: Cool. Well, I don't have anything else dirty. They should have just shared him, they could have. Yeah, they were friends, best friends, right, best.
Speaker 3: They could have gotten them an agerie that would have been might as well. That's that's gonna be wicked three.
Speaker 1: Oh man? All right, man, well let you get let us know what you guys think about.
Speaker 2: I don't care.
Speaker 1: Uh for good? Right?
Speaker 2: For good?
Speaker 1: Yeah? For good?
Speaker 2: I want to leave this world for oh you stupid? Was it for good? Its good as hell.
Speaker 1: It was so good. She kept me alive, bro, she didn't want me to die the Lira did.
Speaker 4: It was that good, I will say, even though she got exiled. Well, they went to the Land of Nothing, and I'm glad they didn't.
Speaker 2: Actually kill her. I would have that would have really sent me if they would have killed killed her, kill her, really, I'd rather than kill her.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm glad they didn't actually kill her personally.
Speaker 1: Yeah I feel yeah, me too, Yeah, I was. I was like, there's no way they killed her, Like, there's no way. I was like, but she dies in the odes, so I thought that that's what they really did. So I was like, but it was a relief on with you guys that she did not die out in the hot desert just walking, so at least.
Speaker 2: But it's no rain. Well, thank god, she don't wash yourself and this.
Speaker 1: Was lean away.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 2: Oh god, they'd have killed her in after they found her in that land of nothing that they have killed her again, right Brown, right, and they wouldn't found that. Damn lion. You are too much like Bufoster killed all the monkeys.
Speaker 4: All the monkeys are dead as hell, take their wings crying.
Speaker 2: Y'all are not flying in my movie, the monkeys didn't even talking to the end. I thought.
Speaker 1: I kept waiting for the Planet of the Apes, the Planet of the Apes scene with Caesar. Did you say, no, apes stronger together?
Speaker 2: You got some fucking nerve putting flying monkeys against the woman.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think y'all brought this up last time because she dates lean Away. Who does Cynthia?
Speaker 2: She does not?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, she dates lean Away and they probably saw him was mad as ship.
Speaker 4: Why are you going back to Yeah, they dave public. They've been public since twenty twenty two.
Speaker 2: That was cute. I thought she was dating a ground I know.
Speaker 1: No, you didn't.
Speaker 5: I think that's just proo woman being No. I think that's just knowing a white world, we can't fight. The went when that dude ran up on her and put his arm around her and she jumped in. Yeah, but it's been a couple of instances like that. I think she's just Cynthia Ribo.
Speaker 3: Seems like she comes from a real background, like she done fought some motherfuckers before I get to tell by her face. She don't put up a bullshit all around the Grande and never had to fight her entirely exactly.
Speaker 2: It's like, man, it looks crazy. It looks crazy. Cynthia went over there with the arms, like what the fun cut up? Motherfucker? What was security? Bro? They had? They new was there? Like like we take off today, Cynthy. Cynthia got it you see your arms?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Walking around bro. She is skinny though they both she's skinny, but she got powered.
Speaker 1: She like she got that Bruce lead that Bruce Lee been working out right.
Speaker 2: She could tell she works out. I wouldn't.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't try her s. Cynthion Rebo is a great I would. I do want to say that Cynthia Rebo is a great actor. She was really really I want her to be in other stuff. And her her singing was amazing. I loved her performance in this one.
Speaker 1: Vocally you didn't like to sup Bride. She brought some soul to songs that don't have feel. You know that thing.
Speaker 2: A good actor. I hope she. I hope she has other roles that utilize her better.
Speaker 1: All right, well we leave it there. We cut you guys. Next time we got peace