Speaker 1: The phrase per second podcast.
Speaker 2: What up, everyone, and welcome to a new review of Disclosure Day. Jeez, Disclosure Day, the brand new movie from Steven Spielberg. There's a lot of hype around this movie, a lot of hype. People really excited to watch this one. So I'd be curious to hear what you guys thought about the film.
Speaker 1: See that it's doing well.
Speaker 2: So let me see forty four mil last I saw last night. It's labeled as a science fiction thriller. Emily Blunt Sen and Josh O'Connor, Colin Firth, Comen.
Speaker 1: Domingo, and yeah, I guess.
Speaker 2: In twenty twenty four he reported that this project was be a UFO family and I think that's why people got it sighted. John Williams did the score, and yeah, ninety three million worldwide. So it's doing well enough because the budget was one one hundred and fifteen. Yeah, it looked like it costs a lot to make, did it at times? Yeah, the certain scenes that look like got the budget. That Cap in here too? Who was in here?
Speaker 1: Why? Russell? Yeah? Bad cap Or? You didn't watch that shit us agent? He didn't watch that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he didn't miss anything. So anyway, Yeah, so a lot of build up for this one. Uh, Mike, what do you think about this movie?
Speaker 1: Man? I think you can get this ship the funk out of here. All right, it's gonna be quick now, I'm just playing, all right, Spike. I liked it, man, you lie in spot liked it. Oh my god.
Speaker 3: I liked his mom Oh my god. I didn't really know what to expect. I feel like it was done really well. I feel like this was a I feel like this was what would really happen if there was aliens.
Speaker 1: This shit.
Speaker 3: I feel like that was this is this was a pretty accurate thing.
Speaker 4: It would be assassins that can't shoot motherfuckers jumping off of so dragging cars. You wouldn't see the aliens. Aliens would have on chain mail t shirts. They all looked like neo.
Speaker 1: My gripe? Is that that the villain sucked?
Speaker 3: I didn't like either one of the villains, Colin Firth, Oh that dude and the other little younger dude that was chasing it when they was going for the train.
Speaker 1: Then that cop right there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they sucked the god that look like to do from Lost, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: So that took away from the movie a little bit for me.
Speaker 3: I don't think that the villains were good at all, but I liked them only blunt. I think she did a good job going out of the little alien thing and knowing the stuff, So I think that was good. And I like the news part of it. That stuff always like impresses me when they do that. I like it on morning show. I like a news room just showing behind the scenes, switching to different things and how they broke in live. I thought that was a really good part of it. I liked it.
Speaker 1: Wow, Okay, that's that's dope. Fight.
Speaker 3: At least we got one from the show that, oh you didn't like that, No, sir, No, see y'all like sci fi, like I am the side, I'm not at all.
Speaker 2: Horror is my second phase, but so Fi is my goal to this. This is this is this could have been on the Soci Fi network.
Speaker 1: This was so below average, Wow, below average.
Speaker 2: It was a complete waste of time, Like there's there was nothing gained from this, like nothing at all. I'll even address the alien thing because they were pretty much damn there none existent. Why the fuck do we still drawing aliens like that? And why are we still doing that? Because that's what they look like in the pictures. That's what they's.
Speaker 1: That's what they really look like. How are you gonna draw them? I'm talking about a matter of fact, that's answer. What you mean? How why are we doing ship the way they look?
Speaker 5: Kid?
Speaker 1: How how are you gonna draw something that's real? How would like forty? All right? Man?
Speaker 4: Why would they dress like that? That's the only thing I want to know. Why would they dress like that? Why are y'all advanced species? And you come down here in a in a chain mess shirt. Looks like you bought that ship off Upert Highway.
Speaker 2: This was this was not good and it's crazy. It was late getting into the theater. So I'll tell you what part I walked in on. And I got there like twenty minutes after, so I don't know why it started so early. So I guess I probably didn't miss much because I walked.
Speaker 1: Up right when they had cornered.
Speaker 2: Daniel and that I walked in right when they went and got his girlfriend fro wherever she was at they put the gun on her and had a walk out.
Speaker 1: You didn't miss but maybe a few minutes, Okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I'm like, oh, man, what I miss It felt like it was like I missed a lot.
Speaker 1: It started off intent, yeah, they just like boom, okay, Okay. I did like that.
Speaker 2: That was cool, okay, But by the time it was over, I was like, I felt like I ain't missed shit. I felt like that little small like that wasn't even really relevant. It was just like he stole an object, ran out of there, and then the guy was like, oh, you're trained professional, how to fuck he get away from you?
Speaker 1: That's what of shit? He sits at a desk? How did he beat you? That was it? So we have so god he stole something. So uh. But y'all did like the opening scene.
Speaker 4: Though, Yes, I liked the opening scene, but it made me think I was in the wrong movie because I only saw like I saw.
Speaker 1: The trailer, but I couldn't remember much about it.
Speaker 4: So when it started off this way, I was like, Okay, I think I might be in the wrong auditorium. But I did like how they just dropped us in the world and they didn't explain shit. They didn't even have a fucking what do you call it where they showed the title of the movie title card.
Speaker 1: They didn't even have one of those. It just started. It just started. You're in it. That would work for.
Speaker 4: A really good movie, but for this, it was just like, all right, you just dropped us in some doodoo.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's crazy to me.
Speaker 2: So well, yeah, you did agree with liking openness, yeah and stuff like that. Yeah, Daniel's moving. He got his girl Jane with him. Did you like I was like colding to.
Speaker 1: Here at all? He didn't do the mouth thing. He leave his mouth. The hell he did? He did. I missed.
Speaker 4: It wasn't as much because it wasn't as many close up type shots and he wasn't shocked.
Speaker 1: He was in charge when he shocked.
Speaker 3: He knew it thing right, He had a Joe Jackson look right when Mike brought the monkey. I liked the Colin Domingo aspect of it, with him being I think, I know why you would like because of the religious stuff.
Speaker 1: Why I didn't like it. We did have something to do with it.
Speaker 4: No, I just thought that was another corny element to a corny ass movie.
Speaker 1: Yep, because that's where they went. You know.
Speaker 2: It turns out she happened to be a nine and that's where he went to hoding at a at a convent.
Speaker 1: Whatever. Yeah, yeahs a monastery. Which one is it? Convent? Convent? Yeah, she went had to go to a place that she double before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I mean, we've seen plenty of movies and it's okay to replicate tropes and ship like that.
Speaker 1: But I'm like, of course the.
Speaker 2: Girl is the one that's gonna he's gonna he's gonna find them like that made.
Speaker 1: They didn't find them. It was late.
Speaker 2: This reminded me they use her to find them though. That's the point, Like she was gonna be the one somehow somewhere they were gonna use her to find him.
Speaker 1: Oatch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So it was either they didn't do it in the way that you know, you tip you sometimes see where get Well, he did say, give me everything you got on a girl.
Speaker 1: Yeah he did say that, and.
Speaker 4: Y'all couldn't figure out, Oh she used to be a nun. Oh she used to live here. Maybe we should try there.
Speaker 2: Nope, instead he got a patch in. It's fucking ridiculous, bro. So yeah, so yeah, she's hiding out. They havn't this.
Speaker 1: All been a little hard? They said?
Speaker 3: He asked the girl, can you think of a place that you never that you haven't been within the.
Speaker 2: Last certain amount of time. No, no, no, no, would than to look for you. He said, I need.
Speaker 1: To go somewhere that I've never been before. He said, I got a place. That's what happened. Okay, got you. I see what y'all saying.
Speaker 3: Y'all saying they knew he was going to be with the girl, and y'all had to do what look stuff.
Speaker 2: He's a government agent. You know, this guy's been brandon as a spy. He's going into hiding. They turned him into this villain. But we've seen enough spy shows to know that they're going to use her to find him because he's able to kind of block and mask himself.
Speaker 1: He started that way though. Yeah, I think about it. The movie start Old People, you weren't there yet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the movie literally started with them using her to get him to come out of hiding. So yeah, sure, let's go to this place that you've been before.
Speaker 1: This doesn't make any sense, it's stupid, right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: And you know the other thing that Mike well, I don't know if Michael was alluding to this, but you know they're using the religion to uh, to have this bigger, larger discussion, right, So that's why.
Speaker 1: They turned her into a nun, right you know?
Speaker 2: So yeah, so it's just like I don't know, so, yeah, they just wanted her to be a nun so they could talk about religion and have her have that conversation about God. If people know that there's this other creature that exists, they're gonna lose faith in God. And it's like you freaking left, where is your faith?
Speaker 1: She lost faith in people. I did like that conversation. I'm not gonna go it was good.
Speaker 4: I don't know that it was good like that it was it more so sounded.
Speaker 1: Like it basically sounded like, Okay, so you know this is some bullshit.
Speaker 4: Then if you're worried that if people realize that there's aliens, that that's gonna make them lose faith in Christianity, then it sounds to me like you're saying that Christianity is some bullshit because you didn't even know your own book. The fucking nun lady had to be like, that's not what the Bible said with yo, dumbass. You should have stayed and learned some shit. Either way, I didn't think the idea that people would lose faith in the Bible because they saw aliens. I thought that could have been an interesting concept. It just didn't go far.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do agree they should have dove into that more like it was just too pass some conversations. Yeah, it wasn't good, And that's a good idea.
Speaker 2: Well, they wanted to leave it hanging over the rest of the movie to a certain degree, like you have with who I guess he doesn't really have faith in the way that she does going with him. So these two entities are converging or on this this similar path, you know, And and where would his lead to towards the end of the movie.
Speaker 3: But I liked when he tapped into her like the remote.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but before then, Spike, they thought I'm not bad. I thought we would have no no, no, no. Well, it's a couple of other things that happened in between. We're a little scattered, but the movie pretty much runs pretty linear.
Speaker 3: You asked me, Yeah, you know so. But I do want to talk about.
Speaker 2: Margaret, which is Emily Blunt's character the.
Speaker 1: Weather person does the weather.
Speaker 3: White Russell Kurt Russell is the boyfriend, which I thought he was going to have a larger.
Speaker 1: Role in here. That's Kurt Russell. I didn't know that either.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's in Legacy, he's in Monarch, He's in that Gozilla show.
Speaker 1: Kurt Russell is So Kurt Russell and his son are both. I think they're both in it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, because I think he's playing a younger version of the older K's dope. It is pretty cool, really cool.
Speaker 1: The show's okay, but you know, but them doing that I thought was dope. Yeah, that's really cool. I'm not to watch it.
Speaker 2: So yeah, So she's introduced, she's giving the rock cast. Then we introduced, then we introduced to both of them as a couple, and you know they're having this sort of playful relationships. He's talking about moving again. He's basically said that we're always moving. So a sign that she's unsettled. Uh, she's searched for something, this larger purpose. She doesn't know what it is, and keeping the religious things going. Here comes the car or red bird that drops in and she locks him to the bird and then she speaks Russian.
Speaker 1: She's called in the work leaves.
Speaker 3: Pulled over, You try to say, and then she speaks Russian like they explained it though in the moment, no, not in the moment, but later that they take the animals because that's how they present.
Speaker 4: Well, that wasn't the confusing part. The fact that she started speaking Russian, that you know. Actually the confusing part was they were sitting around eating raw ass bread that was already it was but it was, but it wasn't buttered on it yet. They hadn't put in the toaster yet. This was raw ass bread that they that they were just walking around with.
Speaker 1: Oh before she before they put it the ton percent sure.
Speaker 4: She was standing by him and he broke off a piece of bread and they were just eating fucking plain ass bread. I should have told you something's wrong with this, like at a restaurant. Now, you gotta diep that ship into fucking olive well with some garlic.
Speaker 1: Maybe breaking bread has some religious on the ship.
Speaker 4: You might, You might be right, You might be fucking right now. The animal concept was cool, I did, but it wasn't cool. Was them shitty ass cheap ass fucking tmu ass special effects that was great. I can't believe you said this ship looked like it cost a lot. This ship was a ten dollars ass movie.
Speaker 1: The train stuff, That train ship was trash.
Speaker 4: That train ship was trash. I was like, if you don't get your stupid ass turned up over there, we aren't there yet. We aren't there yet, but I'm a light man. Oh that ship may be so mad.
Speaker 2: I want to I guess overall. So so Margaret, we can go through this. Margaret introduced cardinals. She speaks Russian. She stopped by the cop. The cop she is able to read the cop telepathically tell him all about his life. At the time, we didn't know that he saw somebody different, or I don't even know if he did actually he saw somebody different. Well, later on she started changing into who They start changing into the person. But did it show that in the moment, But apparently that's what he saw because he was like, how did you and then he just let her go.
Speaker 4: I thought he was just asking how did you know all that? That's what I thought too.
Speaker 1: When did they say that she changed into somebody else?
Speaker 3: They just showed it led wrong that when she did those things, she took up that person is seeing who, So I just assumed he did it with she did it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they just didn't show it yet. It wasn't revealed yet. Yeah. That's deep, man, that's deep. But it was just like she didn't know what was going on at that point.
Speaker 3: So I think they did a good job for us as the viewers of it not to show it then either true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know I agree with that point, but y'all don't think she should have been a little bit more freaked out or y'all think she was just kind of.
Speaker 4: She was only a little bit what the fuck that's it? Or what the heck? I don't know what she said.
Speaker 1: There wasn't no real like, I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's like she wasn't What do you do though, Bro, if you just started speaking Russian out of nowhere, you mean to tell me, You're just gonna be like, what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: I would be like, what the fuck? Nah? No spoke Russian?
Speaker 2: Yeah at that moment she was saying, because I think the Russian thing was it was I don't know what that was. And then I think when she met the cop, that was another power coming because the Cardinal, we learned, unlocked the powers.
Speaker 1: Because Daniels saw it early.
Speaker 2: He saw it as a twenty yearl when he was in college, so his was unlocked and he was able to read math.
Speaker 3: He was the messenger. He understood what everything they said she was the passenger. They had roles, and I forgot what they were. It was a key master and the gatekeeper.
Speaker 1: Was a passenger.
Speaker 2: In one was something else, but he was basically a scientists and she was like the messenger.
Speaker 1: I think that was a messenger or something like that. I'll look it up real quick.
Speaker 3: But he could understand everything they said because he could understood the universal language of math, which is math. And think she was able to related to us because she had I guess it was the empathy.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, that's why the speak different languages.
Speaker 4: That's why they that's why she why she could Okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because she did it to the Korean du Yeah, she spoke to the Korean guy. And then she got up there and she started doing the the TikTok thing, you know, and then.
Speaker 4: Uh, yeah, I thought that was her speaking another language until it went off African language.
Speaker 1: I did. I'm not even going.
Speaker 4: When she first started doing it, I was just like, but then she got stuck and I was like, oh, okay, never mind, that's not what this is.
Speaker 1: Y'all thought it too, see, I see you did. You thought.
Speaker 4: I thought she was ticking out And like all the languages were just got getting confused on like kembobbled up in her head. So I thought she was hitting them with that type ship. I was like, all right, this is tight. Well, I mean it was some language, wasn't it language.
Speaker 1: I didn't my dumb ass didn't put that together. At first. I thought she was speaking, you know how she did poor what's the senate of the name the glitch dude. No, I didn't think she pucconnell. I just thought, yeah, well kind of yeah, and it doesn't matter either way.
Speaker 2: I was wrong, so so yeah, and then she passed out, and then she's hospitalized, and somehow she's able to escape from the hospital.
Speaker 3: But I like, I like what the hood They dropped a little thing about that when she was abducted from the husband there too, when he was telling the he told the doctor that something happened to her when she was ten. He don't know if he was sexual or saul or whatever it may be. And then they played it off later on and they showed up Dutch bro.
Speaker 1: I forgot all about that.
Speaker 3: He dropped all of it right there. She because she got mad, Remember, she was like, why I never told anything?
Speaker 1: They told you and you told her?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but he didn't really tell him nothing because he didn't really know shit. He just knew something happened.
Speaker 2: When she was telling it seemed so inconsequential to the movie that when they did it later on, I was okay, now.
Speaker 1: I caught that part. I was like, okay, well I thought that was cool.
Speaker 2: Okay, you think it was cool they were able to somehow escape out of the hospital.
Speaker 1: About just walking to thenother room and walking down.
Speaker 3: Why does his wife have to get changed behind the curtain, That's what I What's what threw me.
Speaker 1: It's your wife. You ain't seen her nigga before? Like what his wife? Either way, I'm a spike. It didn't make She had to go behind the hold of the curtain to put on the.
Speaker 4: Old lady in the room, so that old lady doesn't see what she got. It might have been a minute, but she's seen it. I don't have to be standing here looking at this old lady, is what I'm saying. He could have went around to the curtain too, and they could have talked there, and they did all that.
Speaker 1: For the comic relief. When he looked to her and he goes, how was it going right?
Speaker 3: And then she figured out he was cheating on her too, right there.
Speaker 1: No, No, she figured out that he was going to leave her, and I.
Speaker 3: Thought that it was because he was already cheating. And I didn't take it that he was cheating.
Speaker 4: I thought she was just saying he was figuring out that he was gonna lead because he was tired of like dealing with her or Flighty or whatever.
Speaker 1: I always wanted to do x Ys, not lead, but he was.
Speaker 4: He was hoping that she would lead so he would stay there. But I didn't put together that he was cheating.
Speaker 3: That's just what I thought by the face, And she was like, how could you Maybe.
Speaker 1: Maybe you're right, Maybe you're right, Maybe you're right.
Speaker 5: You would love to have more content from frames per second. Become a patron where you can contribute to what we review and discuss. Our Patreon gives the listeners the power to nominate and vote a monthly discussion in film review, while also nominating and voting on weekly solo reviews from each cast member. You also get the opportunity to vote on the publicly released anniversary film, all exclusive to our Patreon. So become a patron at patreon dot com frames per second, where there are two tiers you can choose from. That's patreon dot com forward slash frames per second.
Speaker 2: We don't know why she's a fusion. And now did you liize like how the car running over over the phone scene?
Speaker 4: That was kind of funny. I can't lie. I thought that was kind of funny. It went on a little bit too long. But I think that would that's probably realistic.
Speaker 1: You think, so you don't think you can roll over the phone.
Speaker 4: No, I think you'd have to guide me to where the phone is to have me roll over the phone. When I when I'm driving and I see a pothole, every time I try to avoid it, I hit it every time.
Speaker 1: I'm just a bad driver, right, you think what about you?
Speaker 3: I think I can get it. I will probably would have took a couple of chances. I mean a couple of tries. I got older after house. I'm gonna try it. You know, you just put anything on the ground and try to run over. You ain't really got to run over a phone. You can use a rock, a leaf.
Speaker 1: Now it's like, think about okay, so when you go to car washes and remember how they got they gotta guide me along. God damn brought this way every time.
Speaker 2: Okay, it is it is not being able to see, but I do a pretty good job. But anyway, so they're both running now. So now we're back to the convent. The No they're on the hog away because they left the convent and they went into hiding and there at the house and he walks in, he sees the deer looking at him, and then the deer run off because Jane scares them off. Come on, those were not aliens. Those are really deers, right, those were aliens. That's what I tore looking at.
Speaker 4: Because the alien was looking at him crazy. That deer was like, hey, dog, you got a job.
Speaker 1: A job. We're just checking in. R really gonna do what you said you're gonna do. We got the gift, Like, we don't know what you've got going on.
Speaker 4: Damn you over here hanging out with these fucking Christians and Ship like, no, we ain't got time for this.
Speaker 1: Man, and she shows them the files. This.
Speaker 2: This was so disappointed to me because he was like, that's gonna be.
Speaker 1: Tough to watch, and it wasn't ship and whatever it's supposed to be. They didn't even show us.
Speaker 4: They showed us at the No No No, they didn't show They didn't show us anything.
Speaker 1: It was a video of let's start crying. So you're watching this with me right now? That shit could We're not even there yet. We're not even there yet.
Speaker 4: Get this Van Jones bullshit the fuck out my face. Nah, he's talking about the part where the alien was being tortured.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we were supposed to like, oh, that's the way.
Speaker 2: He didn't want to look right, and he's supposed to be emotionally worked up over it too, because he was like, this is.
Speaker 1: What changed my mind.
Speaker 2: And while I decided to come on this mission because I saw them torturing these aliens.
Speaker 4: But I figured out at the end it's because he could understand what the alien was saying. So the alien might have been like, hey stop, I'm trying. I'm here to help.
Speaker 1: I'm peaceful. Oh stop cutting up my stomach. Uh this hurt. I'm saying that he was yelling. The alien was like you, I think a scream is a scream in any language, and was speaking though it was it was speaking.
Speaker 4: That wasn't it speaking the clickie language until they start until they started chopping him up, and yeah that I mean it was probably it probably would have been sad if they showed it.
Speaker 1: They shouldn't have cut away.
Speaker 2: If you tell me, like this is tough to watch and I don't get a chance to watch it exactly, I'm not going to make a connection with exactly. And we're supposed to connect with her being visibly upset, right, and for me it didn't work.
Speaker 1: But it's twenty twenty six, bro.
Speaker 4: And we're supposed to we're supposed to connect with his motivation for leaving the company, and you just took that away from us. I mean, you can still have a PG thirteen film and show an alien getting chopped up as a fucking alien, right, Yeah? Yeah, this was this was this was goofy. I'm good.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So in between that, Margaret telepathically connects to Daniel, uh the WADS agents. Oh, then that's the part you liked, scanning connecting with my back. This is about scaling connected with Jane, yeah, and linking up with her. So so you say you did like that part.
Speaker 1: I did like that. I liked it because.
Speaker 3: I feel like this they working on some ship like that, or there's some ship that that's.
Speaker 1: Alien technology though that he's using.
Speaker 2: They ain't working on anything somehow they figured out from some device to connect with somebody.
Speaker 3: I didn't like how he thought he was a bad ass because he could use it, because I feel like anybody could sit there and done that, But he acts like he was just ship. You saw that last guy that touched it and disappeared show back up like Night Crawling showed.
Speaker 1: But that was just him touching the thing.
Speaker 3: I'm talking about, hooking up the sensors and ship and doing the remote end on her body. He was carrying himself, like, oh, I missed the nigga because I can do this, Like I just didn't like the villain, but the villain was the main thing that stuck out for me throughout the film, and just he just didn't work for me.
Speaker 1: And then we'll get that the colin first, and he just didn't work.
Speaker 3: But I did like that whole scene of him tapping in her, being able to feel it and know something is wrong, but still having to do what he said.
Speaker 1: After all of that concept was cool.
Speaker 4: It could have been cool until they showed how she was, how she was preventing it. I don't know if y'all remember that with the cross ah, I didn't even pick that up. So you didn't pick up the stick, monter. She was squeezing the cross, and the cross fucking put a hole in her.
Speaker 1: On the palm of her hand.
Speaker 4: I do remember many times she'd poked something into the palm of her head she could break the control. Dude, who fucking wrote this? What thirteen year old wrote this bullshit ass story?
Speaker 1: This was so bad, so bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it was supposed to be this sort of horror element as well, you know, of her him being able to tap in. I'm with you, I don't like the stick model using the cross thing because I think for me when I'm watching it, I was like, okay, so if you go one way, either the cross is preventing you from being harmed or the cross is temporarily preventing you from being harmed, because evil still comes back and overtakes the cross, so ultimately it never wins out in the end, and she ended up dropping the cross and using a knife to break the psychic rapport later. So but you know, again, I think that's the way to bring the whole religious religious aspect into it. But overall this wasn't that bad, him tapping into her, her not being able to resist, her being able to see it.
Speaker 1: But you know, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I felt like she ain't asked enough questions her boyfriend. Well, I think Jane, she was kind of really just kind of going along, like I need you to stop him?
Speaker 1: Are you going to be able to do that? And she was like.
Speaker 2: Questioning it because and I guess they were using her conflict with what she found out to kind of drive that wedge into whether or not she was gonna do what is deemed right or wrong.
Speaker 1: But I don't know, it just didn't. It didn't work for me full of here, you know.
Speaker 2: And definitely what didn't work for me was when Margaret called him on the phone and told him, now go back to the house.
Speaker 1: The agents are there. Man. Has got to be one of the worst scenes I have seen all year.
Speaker 2: All these war agents. They don't even create a parameter. They don't even surround the house. They just drive up and park along, and his loud ass on the fence is walking along the fence, falling, got into a car, drove through all of them, ran into a house.
Speaker 1: This wasiculous.
Speaker 4: Before we even get to him jumping in the car, somebody got to explain to me why this motherfucker was ducking and hide like it was a solid wall. The fucking fence was three pieces of wood. See you could see anything. This motherfucker ducking down hole.
Speaker 1: He can't see me. Everybody can fucking see you. I did say that, Oh my god, this was making me so angry because this.
Speaker 3: Was a bad stretch right here. This, this the car chase, All of this.
Speaker 1: Was bab None of it made sense. It was just the movie stuff. He's just movie stuff, bad movies.
Speaker 2: And they just happened to always be at a good pace around drove. Not only Mike did he drive in the house. He drove in the house, got up, picked up his girlfriend, put her in the car, got back in the car, and drove off before they.
Speaker 1: Just got there.
Speaker 3: That were right on his ass, like they wouldn't even.
Speaker 1: And they missed him.
Speaker 2: They couldn't shoot so Star troops whatever, Stormstrooper shit, but whatever, you can't shoot the hero. But I'm like, there's no way he's I'm watching this like there's no way that he's gonna get away with this.
Speaker 4: But they told him earlier, like they know he has that little thing of a thing, that little piece of metal or whatever the fuck it is. The dude said earlier, the villain guy, don't shoot because.
Speaker 1: He might squeeze it. How did they not know that he don't have it in the car ready to go? Why are they taking this chance? This didn't make It was just poorly written. It didn't make any sense.
Speaker 4: For all they knew, he could have had the ship sitting right in his pocket and at any time he could have just squeezed it.
Speaker 1: I don't know what squeezing it would do, really told They never told us. Yeah, gobbage drove off.
Speaker 2: I could have swore one of the agents shot the tire on this car.
Speaker 1: I thought he did too, But that motherfucker kept.
Speaker 2: Going and all the tires when they showed it later, it looked like they're always still inflated.
Speaker 3: They said it shoot the tire. They said that.
Speaker 2: They did shoot the tire. It looked like he got shot and it lost air and he was driving.
Speaker 1: That's one of the alien powers. You didn't know. I guess alien power that could get the air back up into the tire.
Speaker 2: And the other part that bothered me, Spike was they're driving along. They turned off on the side of the road. Stop before they get off a cliff.
Speaker 1: Get out.
Speaker 3: The car just run off, ran back, put a rock in there. The idea was smart. The execution of the like they were right behind them. They didn't even stop walking. They just stopped to look. Yeah, I see what you're saying.
Speaker 2: And they just didn't even checked. I don't know, man, it's just I don't know. It just it didn't make sense. And then instead of running off, they're gonna wait around and see if they.
Speaker 1: They want to see if this goofy shit was gonna worky, they bought it. I gotta see if this works. He body, Let's see how stupid they are. Hold on, wait, and they were stupid.
Speaker 2: Uh So anyway, so yeah, all of that was freaking awful. The other part I don't understand is they went to this hotel. Did y'all like the name of the hotel? Who was in the Anna?
Speaker 1: Oh no, that was stupid. It was cute.
Speaker 4: Why it's playing words like the rest of this corny?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: So anyway, so yeah, so he hides all of this stuff in the hotel because of the psycho rapport, except the one piece of paper that's in his hand and it fell asleep with But he gives all this stuff to her and he's captured and I don't know why.
Speaker 4: I'm like, bro, they already tapped into her, and why are you letting yourself get captured? Why don't you just jump out the window with her? There was plenty of fucking time.
Speaker 1: I said the same thing. Spike came.
Speaker 2: Spike him like, he's tapped into her twice, and you gave her the device?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And Scanner's like, what did you do with the device? Not once did he think he gave it to the girlfriend.
Speaker 2: Not once did he think to, oh, well, let me tap into her and see if she got it.
Speaker 4: I assumed I was missing something like there's only he can only tap into her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I assumed there was something that was happening that I wasn't processing because none of this scene made any sense.
Speaker 2: None of that made sense. The next part that made sense because I can speed along through this. The next part that made sense where Margaret came along and she went right to where he was at and just walked in, got him, and just walked the fuck back out.
Speaker 1: She used her powers.
Speaker 3: That was good.
Speaker 1: I thought that was good. What I thought that was good? Man?
Speaker 3: She used her powers. And Colin Domingo said, he was like, well, hen she gonna find him. She knows all the stuff. One of these days, you don't get that man's name, right, Colon, You're gonna stop calling that man Colin Domingo.
Speaker 1: But what about the one guy that the powers didn't work on? Who was it? I thought that chased him. He sat there and washed it too. He didn't try to stop her at all. I don't remember what part y'all talking about right now. This is right before the train. Seemed like they got arrested. She got arrested. She came to.
Speaker 3: The police station, found him, and then she started hitting all of them with the faces, and none of them would stop her from leaving.
Speaker 1: And they got to the car.
Speaker 2: Remember they were in the trailer and Daniel was talking to Scandaling and remember that. Yeah, and then she just walked in, uh. And that's when he saw the wife.
Speaker 1: I thought they snatched her and dragged her back out the room. No, she walked in, walked right back out with him.
Speaker 3: Because she used the thing at the she found the place and then just started using the faces, okay.
Speaker 2: And then just got in the car ran off. And then hear them the god the one guy that could stop her.
Speaker 3: Because even to get on the security base. That was a thing she used it at the Yeah, all that made sense.
Speaker 2: All that made sense one by one is just and I get, you know, kind of establishing the psychic rapport with everybody else. But it's just I don't know, man, I maybe I'm thinking about it.
Speaker 1: Did it make sense?
Speaker 4: Because when did they established that she figured out that that's what she was doing?
Speaker 3: Well, it was I don't think that she figured it out as more as it was instinct. Even how she found them, she was just like, I gotta go south.
Speaker 4: I got that part because that was like a psychic connection between the two of them. Okay, but once she starts turning into other people to get them to let her go.
Speaker 3: When did she figure out she could do that? Yes, I think she was just doing it. I don't think she was.
Speaker 2: I think it was like actively using the power. I think it was just like a defense mechanism or something.
Speaker 1: And at no point was she like, damn, how did I do that?
Speaker 3: She did do that? Though, huh, she did do that. She was just a surprise when it was working that it was working.
Speaker 1: Oh god. Well, at some point she kind of settled in to it, you know, she did.
Speaker 3: She was doing it like it was just normal. It almost became reflex at that point. I think she tried it with the cop was like, oh shit, what the fuck? She tried it again at the gate and seeing that it was working, and now she's in there with the guy. This is why I like her acting is because it didn't seem like she was confidently doing it. It seemed like she was still like, this is working, and keep trying it.
Speaker 1: Like she was called to do that, right, like confessions or trying.
Speaker 2: To like like I'm confessing something to you, or I'm helping you get out of a situation.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking an usher to up anyway, anyway, all this led to the train scene, because and did you say you like the train, sad? I did? Oh my god, now I do. I see what you're saying.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: Why didn't it work with him? Why did he chase it?
Speaker 4: No, that's not even the part that pissed me off. That pissed off is why did he just turned the car and drive the other way. Why if this motherfucker is ramming the back of your car and he had all that space, this fucking idiot is like, well, let me put the ship in reverse and fight back, just turn the car and go the other way.
Speaker 1: Who made this film? I don't think she even put it in reverse. I thought.
Speaker 3: You lying she had her foot on the break, because I was like, because, well, you're right, it was because she had a foot on the brake.
Speaker 1: That's what I thought. I thought he I thought they put it in reverse. Was if I let off the break, then it's gonna go right, That's what I thought.
Speaker 4: I thought she was trying to combat him pushing the car forward, so they were putting it in reverse.
Speaker 1: That's what I thought. Oh, if they had the ship in part the whole time, this makes it even.
Speaker 4: Stupider, because well, I'm gonna pop that bit of neutral and turn the fucking wheel.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be stupid.
Speaker 2: Because I was like, why don't you put it in reverse and try to fight back? I don't put on the on the brake, put your foot on the gas.
Speaker 1: That's what I thought they were doing.
Speaker 2: She said, I got my foot on the break. If I take my foot off the brake, it's gonna push this forward.
Speaker 1: Oh god, then this that makes it even dumber to me. She definitely said, I got my foot on the break. Why didn't you just turn the fucking wheel. Close.
Speaker 4: No, when they when he first hit him, this camera pans out and it shows them how much space it's between them and the track.
Speaker 1: Turn the fucking wheel. Oh, I'm playing it out.
Speaker 2: So go ahead and cut the wheel, and then let your foot off the break and then the momentum drive and hopefully you won't you want fishtail into the train.
Speaker 4: And even if you fish tail, it's the back of your car. You might still have enough traction to take off. But I was like, when you saw him come up behind you, go ahead and turn you stopping?
Speaker 1: This was terrible.
Speaker 3: They were trying to build a suspense, of course, you know that. Yeah, yeah, now that you say that, I didn't even think that.
Speaker 1: I could. I could see her not being able to think like that.
Speaker 4: And damn, because women stupid, they can't drive. I was gonna even investigation. He should have said something.
Speaker 1: I didn't want to say it that way. Yes, you did, you just didn't.
Speaker 2: You're right, That's why I said it the way.
Speaker 1: Maybe if he was driving for the damn bro. But you know, we know they wanted to just have this train. Of course.
Speaker 3: Of course, I just don't know if that's possible for a train to drag a car.
Speaker 1: By his fender all the way down. Oh my god, this part may be so mad. She was so bad. Oh my gosh, it's.
Speaker 2: Like this, and not once did it come off. It's just wedged into it. Cars are not made of metal anymore.
Speaker 1: They made it. Whatever this shit isn't it should have ripped that ship off.
Speaker 4: And the fact that Buddy couldn't shoot. I was like, dogg are you actually an agent? I barely shot guns. I could have capped both of them. I know he was driving and all that, but come on, man, like, are you serious.
Speaker 2: He's a trained agent, so even if he is driving, he's a trained agent, right, so you know he should have made it.
Speaker 1: But yeah, this ship was so freaking frustrating.
Speaker 4: It would have been less frustrating if he at least like popped her in the arm or popped him in the leg. But the fact that he couldn't shoot neither one of them, and the feeling she falls back on the car and she turns over on her and she's looking around.
Speaker 1: What are you looking for? Getting the fuck up there? Oh? This movie was bad.
Speaker 4: Oh it was a bad fight. I'm glad, I'm glad you liked it too. I'm not trying to change your mind. I'm glad you liked it.
Speaker 1: So fire trucks roll up.
Speaker 2: It's Gougo's agents. Hugo toss the scanning telepath. Did you guys like this scene at all?
Speaker 1: Them? Kind of just if you remember it.
Speaker 2: Oh, because he was telling everybody to get out of the room, and then the agents walked in.
Speaker 1: He was like, get out, but it was too late.
Speaker 4: I did like that, even though it didn't really go nowhere, because he saw the faces of those two people.
Speaker 1: But I don't think he ever did anything with it.
Speaker 2: I think it was enough to pinpoint their location because remember she said they they just turned They just happened to turn their phones off.
Speaker 1: The day before.
Speaker 2: Oh, you're right, you're in hiding your rogue agents from ward ads.
Speaker 1: You have burner phones and all of y'all. How your phone's on.
Speaker 4: But they turned them off right before they got to the location. So that's that was still enough for them to pinpoint. Okay, you're in this area, know that they're gonna do that. Okay, instead, turn your phone back on. Drive your ass fifty miles down the road. Lead a phone there.
Speaker 1: Why are you even use your phone? Why.
Speaker 2: That's where I'm stuck at. Why do they still using their phones? Everybody knows your phone is what they're gonna track. That's why they throw them away in all the movies. It was just the method to have them fine.
Speaker 1: Where they are so fine whatever, so lazy.
Speaker 2: Then that's when we get they go into this where the firehouse, and then they have the replica of the house. Now that you mentioned the other part, now understand the abduction part.
Speaker 1: Because I was so lost.
Speaker 2: I was like, I don't understand any of this and why it's it important and why doesn't matter when they were building the set, why did they even have this house? Why were they walking us through all this? I think this was supposed to be a moment. Wasn't a moment for your spark?
Speaker 3: I was wondering the whole time. I was is he a movie director? Like what are they building this house?
Speaker 1: Anything?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 3: Why they're on the sound stage building a house? So that was like in the back of my mind. And then they're paying off it being her house, and I guess they were trying to have her job the memory of what happened that night, because they had to do it to understand. So I liked the payoff of why they did it, her freaking out saying I don't want to be a deity or I don't want to be a religious whatever it may be. That was kind of a lot for me. It went there very quickly, and I didn't get.
Speaker 1: Her turning in she was slowly turning into God.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but and all of those people were looking at her in such awe and they didn't put anything into that bucket for me to understand that. Like, I didn't get how she became like an alien spokesperson to oh, you're a god.
Speaker 1: Right, especially since they already knew that he had powers too.
Speaker 3: Right, So they all of them looking at her, like, so why her not him too?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: Why didn't he get the same sort of what was it about what she did? What they were looking at her?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: The what she felt like? She couldn't tell the story because remember she said she didn't even want to look She didn't want to look at him. I don't want to look at I know, you know everything?
Speaker 1: Yeah, which what is that everything he knows?
Speaker 2: They never really said, because she looked at him and didn't even say shit right when she came out of the memory. So yeah, it turns out, yeah, they were both adopted, abducted as children, and experimented on, which is where their powers came from. And then that's when it was revealed that the animals are actually the aliens themselves, including the Cardinal and uh, they've been taking harmless forms to observe them over the years.
Speaker 4: So you picked the worst animals too, Bambi, And I mean picking a deer makes us because deer always pretty much looked at as cute and non threatening. Why would you pick a fox? Why would you pick a Raccoon's fantastic mister fox?
Speaker 1: Nah? Fox?
Speaker 4: No, I did understand the fox, and I understand the raccoon. Most people don't even like raccoons. They call them trash pandas, don't they? Yeah, they don't fuck with raccoons. Why wouldn't you pick another animal that? Why when you pick a poppy, why wouldn't you pick a fucking poppy or.
Speaker 1: A bunny rapper or another bird you picking up?
Speaker 4: It just didn't seem like this was this was thought through. It especially wasn't thought through when they had that shitty video game. Looking at fox walk up on them, I was like, bro, what is that? What is that I was waiting for it to transform into something else, but I was like, oh, that's really supposed to just be a fox. Yeah, but it also did the house shit didn't pay off, y'all. I'm sorry. I know y'all said you liked this part I did not. By the end of the movie made no sense. Yeah, I don't like it either, because if an alien was talking to Colemban Domingo, why couldn't alien just tell fucking what's her face?
Speaker 1: Why couldn't the alien just unlock some shit in her brain?
Speaker 4: But no, the alien's telling Coleman to me and go, hey, man, get as many day laborers as you can find and go build us a house.
Speaker 1: Are you serious? Yeah? This was bad.
Speaker 2: We want to use the sensory or the memories so she can remember who she is.
Speaker 4: Y'all can do all this other shit. Y'all can do all this other shit. But y'all can't do that. You put powers in her brain as a child, and you can't just be like, hey, we took your ass when you were a kid. I'm a boop, unlock some shit.
Speaker 2: Well, And I think also like you're experimenting on kids, you know, so you're doing the same thing that the humans are doing to you.
Speaker 1: Fact, except you're doing it to children. Fact that's kind of fucked up. And now you want the humans help, and you lied to do it.
Speaker 4: You manipulated them by pretending to be these little cute animals. This' not like some diabolical shit. Are they the good guys? I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I gotta listen.
Speaker 4: I listened, man, I listened this whole fucking shitty ass movie. Steven Spielberg should have listened when they said, hey, bro, I don't do this.
Speaker 1: What about the invisible scene when she I loved that. I loved that. That was dope. I can't believe.
Speaker 3: I thought that was one of the best scenes of the movie.
Speaker 1: That's what you watch movies for. Ship like that.
Speaker 3: I want to believe wullship like that, that's what you're watching for. No, no, no, with me.
Speaker 1: Watch the movie. Bro. They run into an invisible wall and kept doing it.
Speaker 4: They couldn't see, but at some point you know something's over there, so stop running your dumb ass over there.
Speaker 1: They kept doing it. I was like, bro, what the fuck? Y'all the dumbest fucking cops I've ever seen.
Speaker 3: But that agreed, But I feel like, and this is why I don't like the villain got They were trying to make him so smart that all the other cops had to be done.
Speaker 1: He was smart.
Speaker 3: He did what you're saying because he peeped a little light thing and nobody can see the lights, but nobody else knew what it was. He was the only because again they had to put everybody, all his staff was into Boord.
Speaker 1: So he was smart enough not to run into an invisible wall.
Speaker 4: I think what Spike is saying that the writing is so basic in this movie that they had to make everybody stupid to make him look smart.
Speaker 1: Him look smart. That's bothered.
Speaker 4: But that's what makes it amazed that he liked this movie because he knew that that was terrible writing did but he was still like.
Speaker 1: This is cool. I enjoyed it. Maybe he was the only one all of them saying.
Speaker 4: Weird that small than people running like these are the worst agents on the planet.
Speaker 1: You gotta tell them. You can hear it over the shoesh man, you can.
Speaker 4: This was really stupid, but it was supposed to hit. It didn't hit for me. I'm glad to hit for Spike. I'm sure hit for other people. Yeah, now this next when they actually drove out of there, because that was the part they put in the trailer, when they drove out of there and the and the two fire trucks were going.
Speaker 1: That was cool.
Speaker 4: But also did anybody pick up the problem with what they were doing with the fire trucks?
Speaker 1: Can't that many people fit on them? No?
Speaker 4: Why they got the fucking alarm on the siren? You're trying to be invisible. Why do you have the fucking siren on? Turn the siren off? It made no sense.
Speaker 1: I shot at some bill because I was like all right, because I was like, well, because I thought the same thing.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, well, they're gonna be visible again, So I guess they just want to have it.
Speaker 1: But there was nobody on the road.
Speaker 4: So there's nobody on the road, and you were trying to trick them, but you left the fucking sirens on.
Speaker 1: Why a good point.
Speaker 4: Nobody in the fucking production crew was like, hey, guys, this doesn't really make a lot of sense. They just wanted to emphasize the fact that they were in fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh my god. Yeah, anyway, they got away. They got away, and then uh, what point we passed and I like when.
Speaker 3: He showed him the video of her talking in there right there, Oh yeah, he fully understood it. Yeah, that was like, wait, not English, you didn't understand that. I thought that was I did too. I did too.
Speaker 1: I was like oh, because at that point I was just like, Okay, what is actually happening here? Yeah, that was cool.
Speaker 4: And we skipped over the part where she was having the freak out moment inside the train. I'm not gonna say I liked it, but it was supposed to be a really heavy moment. Oh yeah, because she was like, oh, I'm shaking. I must have Parkinson's. And they showed that he had did that before to her, who had did what?
Speaker 3: Well, she had did that for him when they were kids, and they were going through the little procedure with the eighties.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, held hands, m.
Speaker 2: There you all go if y'all cared about that part, because yeah, I was just like, all right, you're right, it's supposed to be emotional, she's having this moment, but I'm just like all right, at this point, I'm like, Yes, Spielburd has definitely been in the movies movie business for a long time because.
Speaker 1: He can't use the old stuff the old movie. Yeah, moving trokes. Yeah, he ain't gonna being much longer, keep doing shit like this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, anyway, so now we have disclosure. Today they breaking to the TV studio kcs X and they're setting everything up here, come scaling and shuts down the power and all those stuff. Uh what do you think about this whole scene?
Speaker 3: Didn't she call somebody and ask him to google kcs X or something like that?
Speaker 1: That was Jane. So Jane didn't know what it was so earlier.
Speaker 3: Uh, the agents did too, but they didn't know what was her news place.
Speaker 2: That's where I was like, because Hugo told Daniel, we said, no matter what, you need to be at case x.
Speaker 1: X, and Jane overheard that. This happened in the hotel.
Speaker 2: Jane overheard it, and then she escaped and then she went back to the common thing.
Speaker 1: That's what she also.
Speaker 2: I guess we can go back to the conversation about her having a conversation about the aliens and nuns stuff, even though we kind of already touched on it. I don't know if there were any additional thoughts about that, about her saying, oh God said on earth right, and that was it.
Speaker 1: I meant to look up and see if that's actually true. There's no way he put that well, there's no way he put that in there. He probably it. Probably he put that in there. I imagine it's in the Bible. I just I meant to look it up and just didn't get around to it.
Speaker 2: I wanted to, but I was like, nah, that sounds real, and I think he would face a lot of backlash if Christians and stuff if that wasn't real.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but there's so many interpretations of the Bible, you know, they'd be changing shit when they feel like it.
Speaker 2: But that got Jane on board, and she had the other device, which turned out to be some battery.
Speaker 4: But you can give him a little bail about not knowing that it was a news station because they weren't from that area. Yeah, so if I got dragged to South Carolina, I wouldn't know the local news station, and I would.
Speaker 1: Because they made a point when they were driving.
Speaker 4: Daniel saw her on the side of the bus and was like he made this face like, who the fuck even are you?
Speaker 1: So I thought that worked.
Speaker 4: They just didn't emphasize enough that they weren't from that area, so they wouldn't know.
Speaker 1: That's why he did that. Bro, I thought he already knew she was. That's a really good point. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's just again, it's just bad movie making and bad storytelling that they didn't kind of put For a long ass movie like this, they could have put a little more emphasis on parts that would make the movie make more sense.
Speaker 1: Right, but they didn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, so okay, so now I'm with you cause Spike I was like, okay, yeah, it's the TV section. Nobody didn't know whether, but yeah, they're not from there, so that made sense. So and she's zapping everybody this time, talking to you know when she walking, and she's basically like God, Jesus or whatever.
Speaker 3: I like, the producer due like, I don't know why I'm doing this, but then proceeded to do everything she said.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the other lady was like, yeah, I left him, my daughter left him. We're in a better spot. Yeah right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Did you guys like that?
Speaker 2: She kind of turned into even though she didn't want to be it, she was basically this, do you did?
Speaker 3: I don't think it mattered yet. I don't know why they sprinkled it in there, like it didn't do anything, But I didn't hate it, but I didn't. I wouldn't like, oh that's cool. It just was like, okay, I guss.
Speaker 2: M hm oh, well, uh Warden, what shuts down the power? Jane comes in with the other thing and hands it to her and she activates everything.
Speaker 1: And then I guess the title of the movie was Disclosure. This scene that was.
Speaker 4: Like most Americans aren't gonna like Disclosure Day, Like it doesn't have like a.
Speaker 1: Good ring to it, Like I don't know this alien.
Speaker 4: Who even thinks to, like, let's come up with a catchy name for the day.
Speaker 1: You can play a brother. There's some aliens in this motherfucker, bro And how she knows that, like.
Speaker 4: The little little remote would turn off the lights on. It was just at this point it just got to be ridiculous. But we're not to the most ridiculous part yet.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So you know, with Scanling attempting to sabotage everything, he loses, he wasn't defeated because James shows up, gave the device and Scanlon.
Speaker 1: Just concedes, just gave up. Yeah, he just sits, just gave up. Like you didn't get this part, y'all didn't make sense.
Speaker 3: I've seen people don't line talking about this part what they said, just how adamant he was and all the things that he did, and he just gave up. And I guess it was a conversation that he had with Hugo. But Hugo told him you were a different person, and you cut me off when your wife left and all these things. And I guess we were supposed to think that that impacted him enough to where he changes his whole thought process of what he been doing the last five to whatever many years.
Speaker 1: But that just wasn't good. Y'all been doing all this shit. Yeah, you just give up at the end. That don't make sense.
Speaker 4: You don't just shoot her in the fucking head to prevent this stuff from getting out.
Speaker 2: Even the guy, even the one guy out of everybody that wasn't affected by her powers or any of their powers.
Speaker 1: He just walked out.
Speaker 2: The guy that chased them, they tried to, they asked into a train that shot at them, just said what are you doing?
Speaker 1: He says down, he was like, and he just walked out. That was it. I was like, come on, man, sat there and watched.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all this was built up just to show us video or archive footage of.
Speaker 4: All y'all got guns, pull your guns on the camera people.
Speaker 1: Shut this ship off. Cool, we're done. Well, I think all of them were already.
Speaker 4: Her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, who all who at that? No? No, no, they weren't. No, they weren't.
Speaker 4: They weren't under any kind of mind control when they first showed up. They all came in there like, hey, we're about to get busy. They could have pulled the guns on the camera people and like shut these cameras off. Movies done at this point. But I don't mind that this is the end consequence. But make it make sense. Make it make sense. Give her mind control powers, have her pull some professor X type shit, and everybody in there just like freezes. Okay, cool, I'm on board. But it doesn't make any sense. They just walked out.
Speaker 3: Why, Yeah, you think that it may be with curiosity for the agents wanted to know what it was.
Speaker 1: It was so important they left, so they couldn't been that hear curious.
Speaker 2: They fucking left, And not to mention, we also on the brink of World War III, by the way.
Speaker 1: That's what was crazy that this that.
Speaker 3: And they had it in the background, Like Spielberg was trying to say something about how much more precedent. This would take over something like that that was happening on Earth.
Speaker 4: I think he was trying to make a point of if everybody is more empathetic to each other, then the wars wouldn't happen. Yeah, that's what I took at least, that the whole movie is about being empathetic to other people that are not like you, you know, listening to people, conveying messages to people.
Speaker 1: It was all. It was about all of that Aliens Spike, Yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: The aliens came in there and they're actually good for the people, but we don't think so. So we're trying to fight back and we're scared of them. But it turns out no, they've had a nice message for everybody. You'd have to listen and be empathetic. It's just man, we're in twenty twenty six, bro, y'all. This is all y'all got.
Speaker 2: The in the ships and stuff, halving them are split in half on operating tables. Like you mentioned Vanessa Jones on camera crying for whatever reason.
Speaker 1: I don't know what that was about.
Speaker 2: I have that like, you don't know any of this ship. You don't know if any of this shit is real. You don't know if this ship they threw ai in there? You're like, it's yeah, so they threw that in there. And I think this movie was made what two years ago ago or something like that. So yeah, so that was in there, and they're all in the world's watching together this.
Speaker 3: Moment across the world about because everybody picked up on it.
Speaker 1: Do y'all think it? What happened like that today?
Speaker 3: You know, because they've been wearing people so much and now you even got a movie about it.
Speaker 1: See.
Speaker 4: That was one of my biggest issues with this movie is why would you pick Like I've always felt that Steven Spielberg really did think that there was extraterrestrial life, Why when people are finally getting on board with all of this, would you choose to make a shit movie like this, Like the thing is believing in extraterrestrials. I think it's a lot easier to convince people that this is real until you start throwing dumb shit like oh, they can make these metal things that can make you fucking tap into other people's brains and shit. Then it's just like, Okay, now you look crazy again. So it's like, why would you pick now when all these military people are coming out and we're finally getting to the point where I can go on public and say yes extraterrestrials and a bunch of people aren't laughing at me and calling me crazy. Why would you pick now to be like, let's make a movie where we can turn things invisible? And it's just it's just I just don't understand.
Speaker 2: It's definitely five to ten years to like to make a movie like this.
Speaker 1: That's exactly right. I agree, you know, yep? And what was Oh?
Speaker 2: And I think the other thing they didn't really explain was that these different devices have powers or different sort of abilities depending on which one you have. So I didn't really pick that up until she handled them the other one.
Speaker 1: That's what Jane. I didn't pick it up to you just said it. I thought she.
Speaker 4: I thought they were just devices and it just did stuff according to how her brain tells it to do.
Speaker 1: Shit. I didn't know the different devices did different things.
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe maybe you're right, maybe your point they didn't do a good job of explaining it because I thought the same thing might though.
Speaker 1: I didn't think that each one of them were did.
Speaker 3: I thought it was just like if she has it, then she can do whatever she has to do too.
Speaker 1: So he can't do anything with it, can he? Who he used it at the beginning.
Speaker 3: Daniel's worthless, bro, He used it at the beginning, remember, because he told him don'tqueeze it.
Speaker 4: Well he would, yeah, but I don't think he knew what it could do. The other guy was just saying, if you squeeze it, you're gonna activate it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because he knew what it Yeah. Yeah, but aither way I go. I guess it doesn't matter. But yeah, Daniel was kind of worthless though. He was basically a translator, that's it. Yeah, yeah, with the mouth. He just went into control booths and put all these devices on their entrance and uploaded the footage.
Speaker 4: I just couldn't believe he risked his life for all this. You could have just uploaded this shit a long ass time ago.
Speaker 1: Oh no.
Speaker 4: But because coldan Dimingle's over, you're saying you gotta wait, You're gonna wait and get shot out, and shit, really.
Speaker 1: Bro, rich your life?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Hey, Coleman, the backpack is at thirty eight fifty p Street Street.
Speaker 1: Come pick this shit up. I'm out. I got the shit out of the fucking building. That's all I'm gonna do for you.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, chains the believer now because she had a conversation with her, Yeah, had none and they hadge.
Speaker 1: Oh god, that was corny too. She called her.
Speaker 4: She called her, it's like, you're putting her in danger and you use these people's phones.
Speaker 2: It's like, bro, come on, pay for all the dinner, with all the money and there in the background happy.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's just so many issues, man, so many. And then apparently there's an alien. There's a mama alien, the og alien.
Speaker 1: Y'all wanted to see. Y'all had this motherfucker the whole time.
Speaker 3: Bruh, that's that professor. That's one of the big gripes online too, Like the whole time y'all had.
Speaker 4: Because the whole thing is like, I was already tapped out when I realized, Oh wait a minute, did they like put her on the path to becoming a reporter because they knew at some point they would need her to be able to convey the message out to the people. Is that what happened or is this just a huge fucking coincidence that this person they abducted just happened to be on a television station. And if that's the case, why did y'all make her a sorry ass weather person instead of making her one of the fucking head It just I don't understand what was happening here.
Speaker 3: I think they did, to your point, put her on that path. I think that the conversation earlier with her husband is kind of watch. She was in ahead when the moving around too much, searching for that place, or just not being stable, and that's why she was only a weather lady. And then even with the guy Daniel, he was in some form of tech.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because he's good at math. He was like an engineer that made sense.
Speaker 3: And that's how he was able to figure out all the shit in the back room. So I guess, yeah, yes, you're right, but they didn't do a good job of explain it.
Speaker 4: His shit makes sense if you're really good at math, I understand why you would be into tech like that. It was just her shit. I was just like, is this a coincidence or did y'all make this happen? But yes, when the big head alien came rolling out and stood up, I was just like, all right, this is some of the shittiest CGI.
Speaker 1: This looks like a cut screen from a terrible video game. Oh my god, whispered something in Daniel's ear. I knew they were gonna do this to us too, Mike.
Speaker 2: I could not believe it. I was so mad, Daniel translated to Margaret. Margaret takes her ass back on that desk, looks to all of us watching Spike.
Speaker 1: And says, listen. I knew that was gonna happen. And this motherfucker cut off.
Speaker 4: The second this fucking big ass, fucking disabled ass alien fucking whispered, I was like.
Speaker 1: Oh, we're not gonna We're not gonna find out what he said.
Speaker 4: We're not gonna find out what he said because I don't understand why the fuck Daniel whispered it. It's just bad writing. It made you no fucking sense. If you want to do that, have him lean over and get ready to tell her and then just pull the camera away. Otherwise, are you gonna tell me the alien said, Hey, bro, whispered this ship.
Speaker 1: Don't say this out loud. Come on, man, Disclosure day.
Speaker 3: It's all about a disclosure that never fucking happened because they never disclosed.
Speaker 4: It, because it was all about listening. Ken, you're not listening. Listen, you're not listening, bro, I'm just.
Speaker 1: Like, what the hell just happen? Why would he even like?
Speaker 2: This supposed to be deep, like you're supposed to be like, I don't know, man, this shit was so fucking awful and exhausting. Yeah, and it felt just kind of all over like there were things that I don't know.
Speaker 1: It was sloppy, it just it was just bad. It was real sloppy. It was bad.
Speaker 4: And I read somewhere that it took them years and years and years to come up with this script. I don't know if that was true or not, but I don't mean like two or three, like many years to come up with the script for this terrible fucking movie.
Speaker 2: You know what, That would make sense if it took them this long at this idea.
Speaker 1: They've been sitting on this idea and trying to get it made because it felt like a two thousand and three movie. Yep, yep.
Speaker 4: I mean, I haven't watch any other reviews, I haven't read anything. I haven't even seen the score on IMD being rotten tomatoes. I'm wondering if this is doing well some people on line to tear.
Speaker 2: Into Yeah, Unfortunately, I haven't before I got a chance to see it. I think our sp fps, I'm getting notification pop up, and all I saw was like bro and they ad the title. I saw somebody say don't even waste your time.
Speaker 4: I did see that, but I was like, oh damn, it was downloaded to zero. So I just figured he was just being a jerk, or they was just just being a jerk.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I figured out maybe they didn't like it, and you know, I'll probably feel differently. But then I just kept seeing more negative things about the movie, and I'm like, oh man, But I was like, I'm gonna just watch it because I tend to sometimes like stuff that people don't like.
Speaker 1: Sure, so I was like all right.
Speaker 2: But halfway through, when stuff just wasn't adding up and I was following the story, I'm like, I don't know about this one, and yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I feel like you can pick a movie apart just if you know, if you want to be a picky asshole, but it shouldn't be this easy to pick him with you apart, Like you can pick this.
Speaker 1: Apart very very very easily.
Speaker 4: And it just got to a point where it was just like, y'all are not even trying and you can't.
Speaker 1: Even dazzle us with special effects because those are trash.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so it's like, yeah, you have some cool concepts, but as a movie, for me, this this was a fucking D minus.
Speaker 3: He had eighty and seventy three on Rotten Tomatoes. Good for them, was pat Yeah, yeah, some people have philps. So what are the some of the things you liked about As far as we close out, I like the idea of it more so than anything.
Speaker 1: The execution.
Speaker 3: I agree with you guys, it was kind of sketchy, but the overall premise of there being aliens and this big thing to hide them because that's what we experience obviously, especially with all the news that you've got lately, I feel like this was one of the more realistic alien films from a news standpoint, not just the and after Aliens or anything of that nature. But again, what really worked for me was up until it's just the listening part, the ending, and like how it would break into.
Speaker 1: The breaking disclosure day.
Speaker 3: Yes, that that's what worked the most for me, Like just that whole save from I have this information I'm trying to get on the air. We call in New York for them to patch us in the footage is being loaded and like all of that was dope.
Speaker 1: That's what I enjoyed.
Speaker 3: Again, like I said at the top of it, I don't know if y'all seen news room on HBO or just shows like the Morning Show even does it? Like I enjoy seeing that part of the news broadcast.
Speaker 2: Anybody wonder where the government was or war that's just got free reign told they talked about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Nixon fucked everything up, so they stopped telling the president what was going on, so you can have ability.
Speaker 2: But all that's a good question, and that's the goodes.
Speaker 1: So the government was fund to get secretly I guess, I guess, and just how to get from the president.
Speaker 4: But it seems like something this big ward X would have been like yo, they got the files and the government would just shut every fucking thing down. So that didn't work for me. Her walking in and just so easily being able to tell dude like, no, I got some shit, I gotta tell y'all on camera it being that easy. That did not work for me at all. Unless they're trying to tell us that she had mind control. They it would just been easier for them to just do that but she didn't really tell that dude that much.
Speaker 1: The main guy that ran the station, he was just like, Okay, get them everything they need. Are you serious? You have no idea?
Speaker 2: He was like, I don't know why I'm doing it, but I'm doing it.
Speaker 1: That was enough for me. I thought that she just did the thing. But I thought she just well, at this point, everybody was listening to her, right, so did she have mind control?
Speaker 3: I just assumed she did, But they never clearly stated that. Like you said, all they gave us was the face changing things. I thought she did the same thing to him.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And then of course man and woman, so they are two different. You know that biblical I didn't get it man and woman about God created? Are you talking about her? And David? I thought you were Daniel, and I thought you about the Yeah, I got that. That was corny. It was I just just throwing it in there too.
Speaker 4: Almost as corny as them showing everybody on the phones, including.
Speaker 1: The people that are in the middle of the war.
Speaker 4: They're like, oh no, sorry, I can't shoot right now.
Speaker 1: There's aliens happening.
Speaker 4: Hey, China, who are they Fightingrea?
Speaker 1: Sorry, you gotta pause for a minute.
Speaker 4: They found aliens like man, come on, man, come on, y'all. Yep, congrats to Steven Spielberg. I'm sure he got a nice little chunk of change for this ship, and I'm happy some people liked it, but this was bullshit.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm curious to see if it was a big drop off in the box office. But nevertheless, that has been our review of Disclosure Day. Let us know if you liked it, and if you did, what do you like about it? If you with Spike or if you're with Mike and I and Jayalen Because Jaalen didn't.
Speaker 1: Like it either. He just scared to say it.
Speaker 3: I'm saying for patrons may have heard the side conversation but nobody else did.
Speaker 1: But anyway, that's gonna do it for us. Man. We catch you guys next time we're out. Piece p