Speaker 1: Twenty twenty five was loaded with ups and downs in both film and television. On January eleventh, at two pm, the FPS cast will reveal their top ten films and TV shows of the year.
Speaker 2: Live on YouTube.
Speaker 1: Patreons within the Director's Cut tier will also have the opportunity to provide their top fives to be played live on the show. Be sure to come and check us out and share your commentary asks, the CRUL questions, and if you are a Patreon, take part in the show again. That's January eleventh at two pm Eastern Standard Time on our YouTube channel YouTube dot com Forward Slash FPS podcast.
Speaker 3: The Frames per Second Podcast.
Speaker 1: Welcome to our episode of the Frames Second Podcast with the Evening. My name is Mike. Next to me, I have Spike across Spike, I have ken Ola across this side, can have rod Man. And yeah, we with all of this news about Netflix and Warner Brothers and all that ship, we decided to discuss the top Netflix shows. As usual, we go around, We'll do our one through threes and yeah, I'm kind of interest to see where this is gonna go. So I'm gonna I can tell is not ready? Okay, good, I'm gonna start with You're usually start with me. You never want me to start with you. Oh oh, I'm ready because I'm gonna go in and take it off the board. Stranger Things, that's your number three? Are we just doing three?
Speaker 3: Oh? Damn it already? No? No, I ain't know he was going three to one. I thought we were just listening off. Listen.
Speaker 1: Okay, Stranger Things, your number one, number three?
Speaker 3: I think, uh, Stranger Things is probably my That's that's like give it away at that point. So I'll just say it's my number three. It's not. No, it's not my number three. It's it's probably my number two. If I had to rank it. See, you weren't ready. You didn't put yourhip in. I didn't know we had to put it in order. We always put it in order, I guess. So you're right. You're right. I just jumped out the window to take it up the board.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we'll hold that real quick. Oay, what's your number three? If you had to have a number.
Speaker 3: Three, So if my number three it was, it was between two. But I'm gonna go. I'm gonna go with the one that's not probably on any of y'all's board, which is beef.
Speaker 2: I like beef interesting.
Speaker 3: I like beef lot.
Speaker 1: That's your number three of all time Netflix show.
Speaker 3: I really liked that one. I really liked that one, alrighty yeah yeah, Ken, it made my top five that year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's making your top three forever. I don't watch much TV, but especially not NET. I mean I already don't watch a lot of TV. All right, Ken, I'm going Orange.
Speaker 4: Is a new Black. That's my third one that I have. I don't know why I made a list of five, so I have to take off a few, but I do have some audiable mentions.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Oranges and black is what I have is as number three. You know, you sit there and watch you just get caught up, you know, and everything that's going on, just the idea of putting this privilege, you know, white woman in jail and her having the deal and adjusted that. Yeah. It's it's really good, and we got some some good actress out of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, some people. It is one of some others.
Speaker 4: You know, it's tasty. Bro.
Speaker 3: What's the crazy one that was in there? She's been she's big now yeah, yeah your name crazy eyes. Yeah, she's went on to do some some stuff. She got a Netflix series now now herself. But all right, yeah, I still haven't finished that m fingers spike.
Speaker 1: Oh God, give me your favorite white Netflix you just.
Speaker 5: See laughing you now, it's not actually just that's why it's Funny's fever.
Speaker 3: That's the one show me watched ones What that is your top? Loved it?
Speaker 1: You got a lot of they do they got better ship than forever we have great.
Speaker 3: Coat.
Speaker 2: I loved that.
Speaker 3: It's good.
Speaker 2: I got some honorable mentions.
Speaker 1: No doing yourtt raggedy honorable mentions.
Speaker 3: You just threw out some bulls.
Speaker 2: I loved that. You loved using proper English.
Speaker 1: I know as you talked about sopranos talk like that does love that was my accent.
Speaker 3: Is crazy.
Speaker 1: It's crazy, all right, So it's on me. My number It's not why I gotta have bullses. My number three.
Speaker 3: Is Kingdom with the Hill of the Kingdom.
Speaker 1: You're disrespectful. Yeah, it's a show band of brothers or something. I don't know what you're talking about. No, Kingdom is uh, it's a it's a zombie show, but it's set way back in like feudal is it Korea? I know I don't want to sound racist. It's either Korea or I'm pretty I'm almost positive it's Korea, so we won't be racist. It's in Asia, but I'm almost positive it's Korea. But it is incredible, incredible. It's got a good story. It's not just zombies eating people. It's not like Walking Dead. It's got a really good story Korea. See there you go, I wasn't racist today. All right, So that's my number three. We already know what ross number two is, but you want to say it again. Yeah, it's Stranger Things. Stranger Things is yeah, I think.
Speaker 2: Beef you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, so number two got Stranger Things? Ken what you got for number two?
Speaker 4: I'm going with Ozark as my number two. Yeah, yeah, I think that was good. We got introduced to Ruth I forgot her real name, who's going on to do other movies. So she's showing some some chops. We saw a different side of the main after Jason Bateman. We didn't know you could do all that, at least I didn't, so we have seen that. I think the story was was really really good. And then you got like, you know, women power as well, because they were running ship. So yeah, Ozark, Yeah, it was a lot. You know, these dames, you know, yeah, I know who knew?
Speaker 1: All right, I'm afraid to ask Spike.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: I'm terrified he just took me too. But I got another on this House of Courts.
Speaker 1: Okay, I haven't seen cars.
Speaker 5: Stephane was too. Even when Kevin Spacey left. The lady that played his wife absolutely.
Speaker 1: Her role.
Speaker 4: She finished.
Speaker 5: She did when he was there, she did, but she got it. Seemed like she got better. She stepped her game up where he left because she absolutely killed it.
Speaker 3: House Cars is good, So I'll get to.
Speaker 1: It one of these days. I just feel weird watching that because I'm sure.
Speaker 3: It's hard to watch it probably now, well, you understand a lot about the rolls of the White House and ship like yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it makes sense that it would be a pedal that got in trouble and now a Trump whole playbook came from it. It makes sense, all right, some of me, right, yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: My number two Black Mirror, number two?
Speaker 5: Do you have one singular favorite episode of it?
Speaker 1: Striking? So if you have not seen Black Mirror, you should watch the episode called Ers.
Speaker 2: I already know what it is. I already know what it is.
Speaker 3: What you mean.
Speaker 2: I heard about it, what it is, I just ain't never watched it.
Speaker 5: That episode is really good. That's the video game, all right, this video game. Mine is the Museum when, Oh that one was really that was really good. The Black History music.
Speaker 1: You love the ones where they say the N word, you just like they did because remember they go in and it's like a.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: I have a lot of favorite, but yeah, the.
Speaker 3: Most memory one probably, Like that's the one that I think everybody like, like, well, what's this black mirror thing? Yeah, because they got people talking striking vipers.
Speaker 1: That one is it's just such I'm not even joking. It's just such a well laid out episode. But anyway, you're probably not gonna watch it. So we are to our number one folks.
Speaker 3: Number one. I'm gonna start with you Rod. Are you ready? Yeah, I'm ready? What you got? Yeah? Mine was Ozark? That was your two, But mine number one is Ozark. Absolutely, alrighty, absolutely, That one had me in a choke hold, like I was waiting on every season to drop, and I don't think they missed, Like yeah, man, I think they wrapped it up pretty well. So yeah, I think I think Ozark's golded on Netflix for sure. I recommend it to anybody that hadn't seen it. I always watch Ozark mm hmm.
Speaker 5: Okay, it tails off a little bit in my opinion at the end. But yeah, first, the first couple of seasons is like appointment television.
Speaker 1: Like the end of Ozark is what brings it down a lot of spots for me. I thought the ending was awful.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't have a problem with it. I thought I thought it was fine. Mm hmm. Yeah, I thought it was fine.
Speaker 1: All right, Ken Stranger.
Speaker 4: Things shocker, uh you know, even though it hasn't concluded yet, So it was I thought it was over.
Speaker 1: No, you did not know it was over because you made the joke in the chat was over.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, the movie coming out, another.
Speaker 1: Three or four episodes and then the drop the ball.
Speaker 4: And we'll see old Now they.
Speaker 1: Are eighty eight, still trying to act like he's a teenager.
Speaker 3: Bro that I saw I g post of uh uh hoollowollows.
Speaker 1: I was like, yeah, he had like a box faded Wow. I mean that's pretty that's pretty apt.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, that was man. Yeah, just they need to wrap it up. No, Yeucker, looks like he's got three kids at home, two jobs, and a lot of stress.
Speaker 2: I finished it at some point.
Speaker 1: All right, Spike.
Speaker 2: My number one.
Speaker 5: The only show that I've seen this almost is like gives you the wire.
Speaker 2: Field, just as gritty, especially in the beginning.
Speaker 5: Top Top Boy, Top Boy, Say, who I forget about Narcos?
Speaker 3: Damn that did.
Speaker 2: Got Top Boys one?
Speaker 3: Top Boy? How do count?
Speaker 1: Because they only had one season on Netflix?
Speaker 2: No, it's four seasons of Top Boy. That first season is a precursor and then it's another one. It's like it's in the same place with different characters.
Speaker 1: I never watched that.
Speaker 2: You never ran into the Shawn and Jamie and those people.
Speaker 1: No, I did, But I thought so Top Boys started not on Netflix.
Speaker 5: Right, and it's like a six episode season with the little Boy, the Little black.
Speaker 1: Boy, right, And I thought it went No, it went two seasons before it landed on Netflix.
Speaker 2: I thought, no, it was just one Are you sure? I'm positive?
Speaker 5: Because that one's called Top Boys Summer House, and then there's another called Top Boys just Top Boy, and that follows to Shawn as he goes into power, and then a young up and coming person trying to challenge him.
Speaker 1: You might be right, But I'm gonna have to fact check you because I could have sworn there were two seasons of Top Boy that were on before it landed on Netflix.
Speaker 2: What was it on the first I didn't know.
Speaker 3: I don't remember.
Speaker 1: It was on like some BBC or some shit. It's BBC, right, stop stop stop stop stop stop stop stop.
Speaker 3: Don't do this, isn't it BBC?
Speaker 1: I think, yeah, okay, I've never thought about it until now, but yeah, I think there was like two seasons on BBC.
Speaker 2: You're right.
Speaker 5: Summer House refers to the original two seasons twenty eleven to twenty thirteen aimed.
Speaker 2: On Channel four, while Top Boy refers to two.
Speaker 5: Seasons twenty nineteen to twenty twenty three by Netflix.
Speaker 2: But the whole series in general.
Speaker 1: But the first two seasons were the ones that ever really good. But I'm gonna go but I didn't know there was more.
Speaker 2: His story, But I think it's one of those better.
Speaker 3: Based on that list that Jaylen said, I think Netflix takes the credit for the Top Boy.
Speaker 1: They can't take credit for two seasons that wasn't on there man, that they wrapped it up.
Speaker 5: One of the best ways of series like it. It's fulfilling. All right, damn, that was a really good story.
Speaker 3: Definitely seen right.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, it starts off where he's like Jamaica or something or.
Speaker 2: Yeah in Jamaica. Yeah, ran him out, but you remember his friend Sully.
Speaker 1: It's been so long, you gotta finish. So good, so good, good to know, good to know. Alright, Spike actually had a good pick. I'm surprised. I thought it was gonna be some random ass like show with you know.
Speaker 2: Like three body problems.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, did you like three?
Speaker 2: I did? I liked it a lot.
Speaker 1: All right, my number one Midnight Masks.
Speaker 3: Oh, I forgot the Mass. Damn you did? Midnight Mass is good? That is the top show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, damn, Midnight Mass is good. What about see if I tell you it's lame, there's no way to really say. It was like it's it's a small town and it involves vampires, but it's also about like religion. It's by Mike Flannagan, and my opinion is still the best thing Mike Flanigan's done. Midnight Mass. It's incredibly good from the start to the end. It is incredible.
Speaker 3: That's a good I forgot about it, but yeah, all right, it's like melancholy too, Like, yeah, it's like the feel of it. Oh man, god is good. That's a good one. I didn't even see that on the list, so damn sure to have picked out Damn, damn, it's represented here. Thought to be all right, real quick?
Speaker 1: Does anybody have any honorables that they want to throw out there?
Speaker 2: Super Sill.
Speaker 4: Good?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it never came back.
Speaker 2: I don't know what. I have no idea what's going?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 1: Now it's the second s drop yet what happened?
Speaker 2: Super Sill was so good?
Speaker 3: Supercell was really good. I remember y'all reviewed and y'all told me I should you didn't watch it. I did watch it, okay, but I didn't review it with y'all because I don't know. I was out or something. But but yeah, I went back in Washington and I did enjoy it because I think I said I would like it and I did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's how you do black superheroes facts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, Like I can't remember.
Speaker 1: I damn, I forgot all about that show.
Speaker 2: And what Narcos Mexico Mexico.
Speaker 1: Still haven't watched Mexico.
Speaker 2: That's so good.
Speaker 1: I know I've heard I've heard that had not Pedro Felix, Felix, Felix.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, it's in production as of October twenty twenty five. Supersell season two.
Speaker 1: Okay, good, good, good good?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: You got Ali mentions?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, Lost in Space.
Speaker 3: I enjoy it.
Speaker 4: Oh, Blue Eye Samurai, which was really good.
Speaker 1: Blue Eyed Samurai, Blue.
Speaker 4: Samurai on Netflix, of course Netflix, we're talking about. Uh Arcane was good too, okay, and it was uh.
Speaker 1: Richardson, Man, shut up.
Speaker 3: I knew he was going. I was wandering to know you to say, Bridgeton, you always talk about it. He's always talking about that is good talking about Bro. That's some Spike ship Spike it is, it is, but it's good. No, I watch you with my wife. But it's Richardo.
Speaker 1: That's like Downtown Abbey, isn't it.
Speaker 4: I guess I don't know, but it's just yeah.
Speaker 3: I didn't think I would like it.
Speaker 4: But I'm all caught up.
Speaker 3: Bro. All right, all right.
Speaker 1: Hey man, let me go true Bridgerton, all right, rad you got.
Speaker 3: Honorables real quick? When was Black Mirror? Black Mirror? I did I do like that series? I would have never thought I would have liked to look at sci fi series like that, but nah, way they do it. It's really good. It's very intriguing and just the whole sporadic way they released it too. I think it's cool. So Na, Yeah, yeah, I like. I like what Black Marrot does a lot.
Speaker 1: Alrighty, that's it's just that one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean because you already said where it wouldn't have been Autumn Mission, it would have been on my list is uh is midnight Mass So some would have got knocked off. Will beef would have got knocked off? Because that's definitely better than beef. Yeah, definitely better than beef, definitely.
Speaker 1: All right. I only got two quick Autora mentions. One mind Hunter. I'm not sure if any of y'all have watched that. Hopefully they're bringing that back. Mine Hunter is great. I'm not sure why then they.
Speaker 5: Even Oh I forgot about min that's what they took it off because it was too expensive.
Speaker 2: They said it's a time period piece, and.
Speaker 1: Time period pieces are always expensive.
Speaker 2: They said it was too expensive to continue to make.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm glad that talked about it up, but I don't think.
Speaker 2: It's it's it's another about to say maybe it's been paramal, maybe even HBO.
Speaker 4: Then they won't come be coming back.
Speaker 2: That was a really good series, man.
Speaker 1: And my only other one. So I feel kind of weird, but I also don't. It's a Master of None.
Speaker 4: I've watched it.
Speaker 3: You like it.
Speaker 1: It's so good man, I mean, ause, he's sorry. It is problematic, and he also is a terrible actor. But the story itself I thought was fantastic. And even the Lena Waite series season I thought was great. She didn't even kill any black people, if you can imagine that. But yeah, man, Master of None is great. So mm hmm.
Speaker 2: So yeah, all right, Well that is.
Speaker 3: Gonna do it for us.
Speaker 1: Let us know in the comments what we missed, what we were wrong about. Whose list is trash man? Yeah, that's gonna do it. We'll see all the time. Were out peace
Speaker 4: Peace m hm