Speaker 1: The Frames per Second Podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the Frames per Second Podcast, where we are discussing episodes ten through fifteen, including the season finale of The pit the popular new HBO show a k a e. R.
Speaker 1: Spin off.
Speaker 2: We'll go around the room and we'll talk about some stuff that happened in the episode that was eleven through fifteen, fifteen, eleven through fifteen, joining me in those voices that you hear I got Ken got right, Mike Yo.
Speaker 1: All right, guys, what do we think of this season of The Pit Rod. I'll start with you just as a whole.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well these last this season and then these last five episodes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a season as a whole. Yeah, man, this show was top tier. I think I think it was definitely in my top three last year because I started watching it after you guys said I should, and yeah, this last half of the season, Yeah, I think I think they landed it. Man. I think they did another good job this year. If y'all really made me consider it being the best show on television after I was like, I don't know if it's the best show, but I think it definitely is a contender to being one of the best shows. Right now that that I'm watching. You know, I don't watch a lot of a lot of series, but based on what I'm watching, I think it is.
Speaker 1: Mike, what you think, it's too good?
Speaker 4: Man, This fucking show is too goddamn good, Kip.
Speaker 1: I'm talking to the TV every episode and that last episode and me talking a lot, they went somewhere I did not see.
Speaker 2: I want to touch on that when we get there. Shut because we just did the DT check that out, yeah check. But yeah, I'm with y'all week the week I watched this, uh every episode. What I will say, I liked last season better, but that don't it didn't mean that it fell off any like.
Speaker 1: Everything still was great.
Speaker 2: I just think that that the gunman thing from last season with a little boy and you had to figure out like did he shoot the place up?
Speaker 1: Whatever it may be.
Speaker 2: I just that added a little bit more that I think this season didn't have like that overarching thing. But still with this show, it's just like being there every Thursday night, like like Mike said before, like it's just you feel like you're going to work with them and it's just so cool to watch.
Speaker 1: So it's still Yeah, it felt like they did introduce things and kind of went away from left. Yeah. Yeah, like the AI versus analog thing. They kind of went away from that later on as this episode went on.
Speaker 3: But what I did for the systems going down killed that whole thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I just thought they were gonna, like keep finding ways to have that conversation. But but maybe you don't need to keep having it. Maybe they just did enough. Yeah, But I was thinking when I was watching the last batch because I'm not weekly, but I'm wondering, like if I watched it weekly, because when the episode go I was like, oh my god, I can. I would love to experience the weekly feeling, just the kind.
Speaker 2: Of they always ended just right, yeah, every even the finale.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I kind of want that feeling, Like golly, now I gotta wait. You know, it will be a different experience. I want to see what I was like, all right.
Speaker 2: Episode eleven is at five PM. This is this episode is about Becca. It's about Mail. What did you guys think about mel and learning that her sister is sexually active?
Speaker 1: She could not handle it. Bro That ship was fun. Loved it, man, because us sister was not playing and and and I love the independence that she she she gathered and feels from the whole ordeal I gotta have a life too. Yeah, yeah, man, it was. It was great. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: She was definitely hating on her sister though, And the first thing I was thinking is like, yeah, she ain't fucking.
Speaker 1: What it was. I definitely think it was. I'm sorry. I think eventually it got to that. I don't think it was that in the beginning, right, but I think later on his Wait a minute, I think there were some thoughts as because they carried this out to the last I think there were some thoughts that went through her head. I think that did creep into it addition of some the stuff, but I think it did catch it. I don't think that's what it was.
Speaker 3: I think I was gonna say. I think that was definitely part of it, and I think the other part was just like, yeah, like she said, she's just lonely.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: That's all she knows is her sister or whatever that she needs her to feel dependent on her gives her a sense of of.
Speaker 1: Being or whatever. So without that, she feels like she's not purpose. That's been the only thing she's known that's been on purpose. She's basically stopped her whole life to do this for a sister, and a sister rejected that guy, and it hurts, and she's assuming this parental role and out of jealousy, out of the possibility of being kind of left alone and her sister moving on, and she realized that she doesn't have anything. So yeah, but I think not fucking was part of it too, for what it's worth.
Speaker 4: I know you didn't ask me yet, Spike, I disagree with y'all fully. I don't think it had anything to do with her not fucking. I think it was just the other thing that you said. I think it was the fact. And I think that's why her and Langdon ended up becoming so close. It is because they're both having that you know, I had this what happened? She wants some dick from Landon. No, No, I don't think that's what it is. I think that I think that would actually defeat the purpose of this show if that's what it was, because that would be real to be.
Speaker 3: But I think it was just she thought her sister was.
Speaker 4: Getting taken advantage of and she has taken over that parental role, and she was jealous. Sorry, not her and Langdon. I meant her and Santos. Sorry, sorry, not her and Langdon. Her and Langdon did get close, but the point was That's why I think the entire we'll get there, of course, but I think that's why the whole thing ended with her and Santos becoming close, because they're both having that issue of they have that platonic person that think depends on them, and when that person starts to move away, they feel empty. Yes, so I think that it wasn't so much jumped jealous that you fucking he was yealous. But I see why for black men would view it that way.
Speaker 1: But I don't think that's what it was.
Speaker 4: I think, And the reason I like this so much is because people see uh, people like beck Beca Becca, not Becky Beca, and assume that she can't function because we don't have a full understanding of how this whole thing even works. But I love the fact that like, no, I can function fine, I can find myself a boyfriend, I can have a relationship, I.
Speaker 3: Can have sex. Yes, we got a uti, but that just happens. I am fine. I don't need you over my shoulder. I loved this right exactly exactly.
Speaker 1: She wasn't having it.
Speaker 3: She wasn't having it, Like, no, I'm fucking him.
Speaker 1: I don't care.
Speaker 3: Not like sex right right is good? Sex is good?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's so she told him you should have it, she said. She didn't say that. Yes, you imagine that far I'm trying.
Speaker 5: I think she didn't liked that's funny.
Speaker 1: Let me go go get you something, right, a right, go get you some dick.
Speaker 6: Maybe your idiots did all right.
Speaker 2: This episode also Ice brings a woman here, so they deal with the ice aspect. Scarce people out of the weight. I ain't sick no more.
Speaker 3: Oh man, even the workers.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: What you think about this story? I thought this was good too, but they took the nurse the nurse.
Speaker 3: The only thing I didn't like about this is they used the big black guy as one of the ice officers. I'm like, why are you trying to I don't know, man, I just I just don't like.
Speaker 1: When when shows do that. People the colors they do, they do, they absolutely do, but the spirit of people, I just I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't be liking that. I don't be liking that. I hate when they depict it like that.
Speaker 4: What I'm like, you feeling, No, don't look at the finishing.
Speaker 1: Other than that, yeah, I liked it.
Speaker 3: I like the representation of it, of how and I like how Robbie went off on the ass too.
Speaker 1: I like how everybody had they back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, everybody. It was like this unspoken thing. Even even the upstairs new what was going on.
Speaker 1: So however, they also showed that you're still powerless and couldn't do that because the one guy tried to push back and his ass and handcuffs and the one shit they can do, Ye went to holding. No, I don't know how long it is holding. It is going to be. You don't even know what that don't know yet. Yeah, yeah, he ain't even come back. That was crazy. He didn't come back out of here.
Speaker 4: I actually like that they did not use a regular old, plain white man, because that's just low hanging fruit.
Speaker 1: That's why I found it so interesting.
Speaker 4: I don't know if y'all saw this, but when they were showing the the ice agents at the Atlanta Airport black people, they were all black, at least people of color. I know there's at least the one black woman. They were all people of color. I do think that that's an important mess to push. Like, Look, it's not always just white people. I don't think this is the time, though I think this.
Speaker 1: Is exactly the time.
Speaker 4: Motherfuckers don't understand that that skin folks ain't kim folks.
Speaker 1: Well, then on top of that, sometimes those people are doing it just because it's a fucking job, even though it's fucked up, but it is a It is a job you can get, that's hiring in a place where it's got a hard to get jobs. Some people may have just taken it chest because of that.
Speaker 4: People got to understand that white supremacy's face is not always white. A lot of times it's people of color.
Speaker 1: Right, And I don't disagree with that.
Speaker 3: I just don't think it's the time, especially in the time of like when a white man did, when white men did kill these people, so.
Speaker 1: Like the lady that they that they.
Speaker 3: Killed, and then the and then the doctor that they killed.
Speaker 4: But let's also be clear that those are not the only two people that have died because of ICE. There's been plenty of people that just aren't getting reported because they weren't white. A lot of ICE agents are people of color because it's an easy job and it pays, from what I understand decently well. So I don't have a problem with them putting a person of color as the Ice agent, because there were two Ice agents, right, we're both.
Speaker 3: Of them black, Nah, but they put a lot of emphasis on the big black guy.
Speaker 1: I don't have a problem like that if it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, I think that it's about time that people start seeing the truth that it's not just white people.
Speaker 3: Well, I think they've always done that. They've been doing that since before and Boys in the Hood. They've shown like, how how black.
Speaker 4: I think the popular shows like this, I think especially with Ice. And I'm saying all this as someone that completely understands your point. I'm not saying you sound crazy. Yeah, Normally I might not like y'all being like, well, you know, look at them two, But with Ice, you know.
Speaker 1: I feel you. And I also think that I think with Ice, bro, I think it's not even color. I think people just love Ice is just bad period facts. So I don't think they I don't think people I don't think they're sending this subliminal message with him being black and big or anything like that. I think when people see Ice, they just see enemy. Yes, but at your point, but yeah, I just I don't think it's it applies in this specific situation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, also in this episode, a lady would Casher passed in this episode, and Provadi didn't really like that outside What did y'all think about that? Like, because Providi thinks she excuse me, she didn't think that she because she asked for the the injection the killer right, you remember, that didn't provide She didn't think that was right, and they other doctors on the other side of that, she got to go when she wanted to. Essentially, y'all stick out to anybody, what did you think about?
Speaker 4: I love this and I think that this is why you know, euthanasia should be legal. If she doesn't want to live, why is she forced to? If she is in constant pain, why are y'all making her live? She doesn't want to.
Speaker 1: Do this anymore?
Speaker 4: And I don't fucking blame her, obviously, I've never had cancer, but I can only imagine how fucking painful it is, and it's constant. I loved all of this, from the pushback to what doctor Robbie said, you know, like even THO, I don't remember exactly what it was that he said, but he said something like this sounds flippant, but it was something like like, yeah, our job is to make them as comfortable as possible, even if the side effect is death. She is in pain, and if the only thing we can do to take her pain away is to let her pass peacefully, then we do that.
Speaker 3: So no, I love this shit.
Speaker 1: Can't right? You know? Okay?
Speaker 2: I agree with Mike. I think I like the conversation behind it. Robbie did an amazing job this season. Also in this episode before we get to the next one, this is what the patient wakes up and they attacked Emma and it goes off.
Speaker 1: Wait when he had her in the headlock? Yes, man, Dana wasn't going for that. She really is.
Speaker 2: I like David because we open up the next episode, episode twelve, It is six pm. They looked tired too. I like how they do that on this show is each episode they gradually look like they've been at work more. But it opens with her Dana going to help Emma. Dana claims that the n well we know she's stabbed him with something, but she said she didn't.
Speaker 1: Did y'all like that?
Speaker 3: Well, she said she did. She said she had it on her. She was He was just like, well, how did you you just randomly had this ship on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, Robbie, that's what it was. Robbie was like, well, why would that be on you? So do she carry that around for protection?
Speaker 1: Now? Yes? Okay, yeah, that's what you get from it.
Speaker 4: Did y'all find this conversation interesting, like because you could see both sides of this.
Speaker 2: I understood Robbie one hundred percent, but like you said, yeah, I saw both sides. I definitely saw both sides, and I think I sided with name, like you ain't gonna be here to protect me if like imagine that if I not had had this when I want to go save.
Speaker 1: But I also said not in side with Robber.
Speaker 4: But I also understood Robbie's point of like, you're putting the entire operation at risk by doing this.
Speaker 3: So yeah, this whole thing was interesting because.
Speaker 2: It's like who and it was the first time we seen tension between them two they usually cool and they would neither one of them was.
Speaker 1: Backing down right calling him Nancy drew.
Speaker 3: Nancy drew right, and she went in the bathroom like fuck like like so she knew she fucked up. And they show how good Robbie would because he was like he played through it in his head.
Speaker 1: He was like, Nope, that don't make sense. It can't happen that way. That was really good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think with Robbie too, like it's not it's it's yes, he's thinking about it from a from a hospital standpoint, right, like y'all saying. But I think he's also thinking about it from like he saves anybody.
Speaker 1: He's a doctor.
Speaker 3: His whole thing, he don't care who it is, what they've done. His whole thing is about saving lives. So even if this person did some fucked up shit, you still kind of put his life at risk when you did this. So like, yeah, I like how he he battles with that even though like one of his workers were assaulted, he still battles with that fact.
Speaker 1: She damned to turn into a vigilanti. Yeah, you know the nurse was being attacked. She remember what happened to her. I can probably assume that it's happened to her before. She's in a position of fear. She doesn't want to be in a position of weakness, of perceived weakness again, and she needs to be able to fight back. She saw this nurse being attacked, didn't want that nurse to feel what she felt this was also a chance to get back. She turned to the Batman. She was proud, you know, but I'm I'm with I'm with Robbie. It puts him in a tough situation to look out for her to remove the hospital from liability, but he has to somehow find a way to lie about how this happened in a way that makes sense to any potential future lawsuit if it happens, because he threatened to suit. But he had in a good ass damn choke headline though, what did they say was wrong with him? Was he was it just PTSD? Think he was like an alcoholic. Yeah, he was alcoholic, but maybe he had PTSD.
Speaker 3: Two something like drug conflicts with something something in his brain or something like that.
Speaker 4: And see the end of the episode, like y'all want watching week to week? That ship pissed me off? Oh that made me not mad, like I hate this show, but just like come on really really.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because he flipped out on him later on, so you know, so yeah, he was just belligerate.
Speaker 2: What's the new doctor's name? What's that lady? A? Yeah, doctor Alishiki. So she learns about Langdon's past and starts treating him different and she learned about the little rift between Langdon and Santos too.
Speaker 4: I don't like her ALASHEMI no, and I like her even less. After the show ended talking, I was like, you're a shipthead. Well that's what I was doing. Well, how she's treating Langdon. But I'm more so on like when the entire show ended. Yeah, yeah, but no, she has no She had no right.
Speaker 1: You don't know what's.
Speaker 4: Going on, you don't know the background, you're looking at something surface level. You just fucking got here. Re fucking relax.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree with that. Yeah, she did treat him differently. I'm glad it wasn't anything that felt like the Linger, And of course you lost all the fucking right to even look at somebody differently with how she what we found out about her. But but no, I fucked with Laden and I was like, and I hope she doesn't end up treating him differently. She did, you know.
Speaker 2: But I think Landon did a great job this season. This is a little bit later, but we can just talk about it just as we're talking about him. I like how he learned that Robbie wouldn't necessarily mad at him. As Dana told him. Danna said, he felt like he felled you, so he's more mad at himself that you would even do it. And I thought that was a really revealing moment for Robbie's character. Yeah, I agree, that was really dope.
Speaker 1: So we're talking about what happened at the end of the conversation at the end that they had, or you're just with him and langdon Yeah, let's do it, okay, So I know what he was leaving. I was really hoping that they talked. That wasn't a conversation. I was over there like, oh, it's like, then you go fussinate him after everything that we've seen. But because he used that knowledge that he got from Dana and he weaponized it to attack Robbie, which I get and maybe he needed to hear it. And I know we'll have a conversation about him as we move forward, but I thought they were gonna have a far different conversation, especially after we saw kind of the progression of like their relationship as the season went along, you know, and he was still looking for one confidence that he could still do this, to approval from from Robbie, and he got it when he did, which we'll get to later. So I thought they were gonna have a completely different conversation than they didn't. I was like, fuck, but I think it does a good job of kind of keeping at tension still around that It wasn't a happy ending to the story, just because of all the things that went through in this in these fifteen sixteen hours. Right about Langdon overall this season, Yeah, I like Landon.
Speaker 3: I think he's a He's an impactful character on this show. And it's like, you want to see his redemption story. I know I do. Like Like for me, I guess not being in there, I didn't see like why is this such.
Speaker 1: A big deal? Which part was a big one, just just this whole drug thing with him. He was still in different patients. I know they could have died.
Speaker 3: I thought they had to supply though they did well.
Speaker 1: He would overwrite the subscription.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was that, And it was just a matter of like if I steal drugs from you and I'm fucked up while I'm on the job or whatever, you might die.
Speaker 1: It's basically the same thing. That's what I mean.
Speaker 4: We haven't gotten there yet, but that's since Rod kind of introduced the question, that's kind of like the similarity between him and Alice.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, I feel you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what why it is such a big deal because you're you're working in a hospital setting and you're putting patients life at risk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, least that's how I took it.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about me since we well, I'll do an old world snouf. So she gets Robbie to read her chart, which was surprising a little bit because I figured he used that against her. I figured that, like they we ain't cool like that, like you might respect what I do. Yeah, he's gonna tell on you. Yeah, like what is y'all?
Speaker 1: What did you get from that?
Speaker 4: The same as you? I was like, what are you doing? If I'm Robbie, I'm telling too, I'm telling fuck that right out. I'm telling I'm not even gonna give you to the end of the day. I'm telling right now the past. But his clap back was was he was like, I made him leave until he got the.
Speaker 1: Help he need it.
Speaker 3: You don't have to help you need, and the help you need is you're getting the fuck out my r.
Speaker 1: I thought they were sitting up for her to come back. I don't think she coming.
Speaker 3: I think she might come back, but she's gonna actually drop out.
Speaker 1: The parking lot started already. Fight she forgot where she was. I thought, locked up in the park I know where you're going to do it, dude, I know where you're going. I know you're going.
Speaker 3: I thought the same thing, yo, when they showed the long side of the car, I thought it was gonna cut to the car and she was in there. Oh no, okay, okay, So yeah, when I saw the long shot of the car and it just stopped, I thought the next shot was gonna be her in the car seizure. Okay, So your yours is more innocent than mine.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you noticed there were two people at the end of the garage.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no. I thought she was.
Speaker 3: Gonna have a seizure and hit those people. Okay, so it's about the same. Yeah, I thought she was. Yeah, I went too far. You stopped, tastefully stopped. I went the extra step. I thought she was gonna run over those people. But I was like, no, there's only like five minutes left of the show. That would be a crazy thing that ended on Yeah.
Speaker 1: Mic in the right room, bro, I wouldn't need to do eyes in the back of her head right her.
Speaker 4: Just in the car rolling on herself and she rolled over the motherfucker.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I was like, why would they show those two people right in front of her car?
Speaker 1: The car stopped. It was weird.
Speaker 3: But when I saw the car stopping and they did the long shot, I was like, Oh, they about to do it close up with her seize dring in the car.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that.
Speaker 4: Was good writing because she was like it all came together. I should not be in this damn car.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, because I was like, what the fuck is wrong with her? Why?
Speaker 3: Because at that point she putting her own life in change her own life.
Speaker 1: And she realized that Robbie was Rightbby was right, And because the friend, I was like, dang, Robbie, chi bro, she needs your help help her. He is helping her. But yeah, I don't realize because I'm like, man, she came to you for help and here you are, you kind of turning against her because you ain't really like her. And all this other ship you cussing out y'all, cussing the yellow age other walking you catch him.
Speaker 3: Her and the other what's the other doctor's name Abbot Abbot.
Speaker 1: He was like, but uh, but but you guys already said it. But when he said, he was like, I kid, langdon ass the funk up out of here. And I like him, that's my man. So that you think I'm gonna keep you around out of here, I'm gonna put the And he had the conversation with the attorney to or whoever she was, so he already knew what he had to do. So no, it was good. He did the right thing. And she realized it.
Speaker 4: Think about if she had accidentally killed a patient, how much worse she would feel than how she feels right now with me saying you need to go home and get some help.
Speaker 1: Because she just knew she had a plane. She thought, I don't know why she told up bro, and she's gonna be good while you're gone.
Speaker 3: She should have told she should have told Abbot, she should have told Robby at all. I'm saying she should have told him.
Speaker 1: She should have told Whittaker or Abbot or somebody like that. I don't know. Watch he went and told Robbie, I've learned to respect your opinion and.
Speaker 3: Respect that I'm telling And he started reading.
Speaker 1: He was like he said this. He said, right, I noticed same ship. He was thinking to say, ain't be dumb enough to tell.
Speaker 6: That.
Speaker 1: Can't people?
Speaker 3: I thank you him, like Robbie, don't play that.
Speaker 1: I think he actually called her a.
Speaker 3: Different name, like her first name for the first time when he saw it. He said Betty, what because what was her first No? Because he called him on first name. I was like, who is he talking to?
Speaker 1: You know? You're right?
Speaker 3: He did, I don't even know you right, you're not doctor Sarah.
Speaker 7: I was like, he called him my first name. It's a rap for her. He had been looking for like three episodes again. She was like, what the fun she had?
Speaker 1: Because that motherucker she's sitting up just looking weird. She sees him for five second. I don't know what's wrong, wonder, but that sh it ain't right. I need to find this motherfucker and she hiding somewhere.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she probably sees him again, so you need to go home. Little ship episode where the she is.
Speaker 4: Toyo hast home and just forgot forgot where she was going that since she was like a kid. Yeah, but she hadn't had my boy died from that, she hadn't had the seizures in a long time, but the baby was.
Speaker 1: Trigger. That's crazy. Man.
Speaker 2: The end of this episode, which is episode twelve, ended with Orlando being brought back in. And that's the man that left because he couldn't afford it. Oh god, and how that affected the doctor to treated him. I thought that was really good because she gonna meet she leaving next season. She's not gonna be on the show, so this probably was man, this probably was writing her out.
Speaker 1: Oh the one that's going to do psychiatry or whatever. Yeah, her, That's why they were doing her like that. Oh yeah, they write her out. She's leaving. Oh okay, okay, okay, okay. I was like, why are they doing her like that?
Speaker 2: The pretty brown skin girl, the one that I thought was the other doctor, the surgeon.
Speaker 1: He thought it was a yeah, yeah, she was having an issue with her mom.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yes, she leaving next she's been replaced by the black girl as a full times Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh okay. Did y'all like the mixing date shift and night shift? Yeah that was pretty cool. Yeah mister what shift? And oh yeah, because last season didn't bleed over like that. It didn't. But I was thinking about what you guys were saying last last time we recorded them about them, Well, we'll we'll get there, because it kind of layers on with Robbie too.
Speaker 4: I think they just wanted to have an excuse also to bring Abbot Yeah back into.
Speaker 2: The Yeah for TV especially all Right, So Orlando's in the R episode thirteen. It's seven o'clock on the Dot, Robbie's v I.
Speaker 1: Cruising the streets.
Speaker 2: Robber's VIP is here in this episode, and he's trying to get him to stay for Mr cat Skin something like that. We wanted to check his skit. What y'all think about this character? You kind of side?
Speaker 3: This was the only part of the show.
Speaker 4: And this is not even a gripe. I just didn't care about this guy. I did not care.
Speaker 2: I thought he was a great vehicle to relate a message to Robbie. Yes, he's the only person that could have gotten that out of Robbie.
Speaker 1: I don't I don't agree.
Speaker 4: I think Abbot was just as good, if not better, because Abbot got all of it out of him. So I don't hate it. Again, It's not a gripe. It was just when it kept coming back to him, I was just like, bro get something anarchy out of here. I don't care about him.
Speaker 1: The thing.
Speaker 3: The difference is that Abbot didn't want to. He was forced to made him do it, Yeah, because he didn't know what was going on. But if he did, he would have absolutely went the extra mile. He's his personal emergency contact. One hundred percent think he would have gone in there regardless if he knew that there was something going on.
Speaker 1: Right, because you remember how the series open, Yeah, the roof. Yeah.
Speaker 4: But I went back and looked, and I don't think he was gonna kill himself. I think y'all were off on that one. I don't think he was about to kill himself. So I did, but I don't think that that's what it was. I think he was definitely going through ship, but I don't think he was about to jump.
Speaker 1: Off the roof.
Speaker 3: But he says it in his in his communication with him, he's like, look, the times I thought about killing myself, yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but when I was no, no, and again I could be wrong, but I didn't read it that way. Even when I went back and saw it again, I still didn't read it that way.
Speaker 3: But because he had a tough day, he's just like, yeah, we all had those days, Like look, just come off the ledge.
Speaker 1: I thought it was subtle. Yeah I don't. I don't.
Speaker 3: But if you went back in Washington and didn't feel that.
Speaker 1: I mean, but I just.
Speaker 4: I'm not an authority. I could be totally wrong. But either way, I funck with Abbot. Yeah yeah, I definitely Abbit.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Like I said, who Rah you out there getting shot at every day?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah that that whole conversation was dope.
Speaker 1: That was dirty.
Speaker 3: Tell like that, bro, because Robbie tired of ship.
Speaker 1: Come here judging me, talking to me. You know what I'm saying, I was getting shot at every day.
Speaker 3: Take your whole leg off and throw it across the world.
Speaker 1: What you're gonna do? Then? Talking Ship? I do like, uh, well, I do agree with what you said a spike about his overall purpose. I think him picking it up and saying, I'm not talking about me, and then Robbie trying to hold back tears. I think all that was.
Speaker 2: Was Robbie so good, he's so good, yeah.
Speaker 1: And him just picking it up without like just picking up just because he know him, you know, and just hanging around to fix the bike and stuff like that, just to make sure that he can have that conversation with him, but he does give off I used to be racist vibes. He kind of felt like he said it too. He was like, yeah, I did some bad shit, hurt a lot of folks.
Speaker 4: He's a bit of a pado too. He's over here, fucking I like bothering this fucking young the youngest, nursing the whole goddamn show. Here he comes.
Speaker 1: I could teach you how to ride a bike. You nasty as out of here?
Speaker 3: What you want?
Speaker 1: Old? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it looks like she's sucking thirteen. Yeah, nasty bastard.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: Also in this episode, Robbie does reveal the data that he may not come back at this sabbatical. We can talk about this now. What the Robbie suicide. I guess that was the over Archie thing for this.
Speaker 1: You didn't suicide, not at all, I thought.
Speaker 4: I thought he was really just like, I just want to leave and not work here anymore.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I stop doing that to me, thank you can.
Speaker 4: I was like, for the listeners, I'm joking, but Rod rod Steady back like I'm dumb as.
Speaker 1: I thought.
Speaker 3: We all thought that.
Speaker 1: I remember thinking that ever dude not coming back. Yeah, also that you dump too, So yeah, we had that conversation before. So when they when they overlapped the Night Crawlers or whatever they call him with the Day and Night Team, I was like, dang, Spike and Mike might be right in terms of them trying to get away in season three with this new crew. So they're gonna spend these next couple of episodes getting us introduced to them, and then that's how we're gonna do and then Robbie's gonna be gone. But I didn't think suicide. I did not. I thought he was coming back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought that there was a chance.
Speaker 1: I thought suicide.
Speaker 2: When he was talking to the old biker dude is he was fixing his bike, yeah, and he was like, well where you riding to? And he was like, I don't know, I'm just riding. He was like, I ain't riding, that's running exactly. That's when I was ye oh, yeah, okay, same.
Speaker 1: I was like, wait what yeah? Yeah, they because even even all the way to the end, I said, there's no way. Yeah right now, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Man, come on, y'all trip Yep, I'm with you.
Speaker 1: I'm reading it wrong. I gotta be reading it wrong. Ain't no way Rob's gonna kill himself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But but then when he explained it though, he was like, here here, I feel great everything, I know how to do everything. I'm a beast, like I'm teaching the people. They learn it from me, but when I'm not in here.
Speaker 1: That was heavy.
Speaker 4: But he also said that every time somebody in here dies, a little piece of meat goes too, So that was a win. Did you pick up that it was suicide you knew from the from JONK? Yeah, I thought I thought we talked about this the first path.
Speaker 3: I don't remember talking about Robbie killing himself because I thought that was the reason why we brought up Abbot, because we thought that he was like kind of gonna have to change roles.
Speaker 1: It wasn't because of suicide.
Speaker 3: Oh, that was That's what my mind was. I didn't realize your mind wasn't there, but that's what I was saying.
Speaker 1: They didn't. I didn't start picking up any ideas about suicide until eleven through fifteen. Yeah. Yeah, it took a few episodes and Dana when he said it to Dane, I was like, what that means? But what did you say to Dana? I don't remember that part Dana picked up on it first, But what did he say? I thought he said that. I was trying to figure out how she picked up on it.
Speaker 3: Well she I thought he just said I might not come back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's all like, oh shit, he quitn't And I thought.
Speaker 4: She was just until right now, I didn't know she picked it up. I thought she was just saying, I'm sad that he's not coming back here.
Speaker 2: No, because she told Robbie like you need to check on him. I mean, yeah, she checked out.
Speaker 1: I did not pick that. Yeah, she knew, but she told him that after she had the conversation with Robbie. But it felt like she knew something, which is why she was cussing his ass and fussing fussing at him.
Speaker 2: She started telling him in the last match of episodes, were she's like some'ing off like some that.
Speaker 3: But I thought she was just telling him to go home and take him at exactly.
Speaker 1: I didn't know she picked up one man. I missed that, yeah, like yeah, god, nothing gave me suicide. No until I may not come back. And then Dana kept talking about it, but I promised y'all. Actually was like no, no, ain't no way until he had to. Even when the biker was like, ship, your death is permanent, I was like, man, Robbie, he ain't talking about that.
Speaker 4: Was when I That's when I took a sit. When he said I don't think I want to come back at all, I was like, oh he talked about the Even Mike, I was still rock damn.
Speaker 1: I was still trying to I was trying to hold out the doctor he saved lives, he don't take lives an episode until the conversation he had with but I was like this, ship fucking hell. At that point, I'm in denial, but I'm like God, and I'm still When it ended, I was like, man, I just can't believe it. When he explained it, I'm still like, bro like wait a minute. But what really got me was when the logic part of it, and there are millions of reasons why people want to go through that, it just for whatever reason, associated the doctor that saves lives with taking his own life. Those two didn't meet match for me. But when he was like, losing a life is like a part of losing I was like, oh shit, Because I got doctors in the family, so I you know, I never would think about that shit. And we've talked and seen plenty of shows with doctors.
Speaker 4: And he seems so so not calm, but just like part of the job.
Speaker 2: That's why it was surprising to me to y'all, like it always seems like he processes that, Okay, this is what I signed up for.
Speaker 1: This is a part of it.
Speaker 4: But he also does the prayer thing. He's the one that makes them do that. He's take a moment, so it makes all of it makes so much more sense. And for me, we're surprising about it. You think that people are fulfilled mostly by their careers and we're looking at him and like, man, he the best damn doctor in here. But that wasn't enough.
Speaker 2: That's what was so jarring about it to me, Like, damn, this is like Michael Jordan's like going to kill himself. I'm really good at something, but outside of here, I don't feel like nothing.
Speaker 1: Just we just really never know what happens. And you know, we you know, the show and even them, like people that don't have a connection with it, like Dana and Abbott and his biker friend, you know, everybody else is like, man, he's gonna need this break because he's really stressed out the jobs getting to him. He kind of needs to do a reset and come back, you know, but everybody else picked them on him something different, but you know, we just never know what. It kind of overlaps with DTF, you know, to a certain degree, like purpose and life and meaning when you're in the old age, because that was the conversation he was having with old girl. He was like, look, he said, you know what I thought my life was going to be at this point was going to be wife, kids, pond, and I can go play hockey on the pond or something like that. And he said, I have no wife, I have no kids, I have no fucking pond. And then she said to him, it's not very too late to change. But even instilled in that moment, he was working on her, not himself, and you know, because that's what he do. He has to save people. He's trying to save her at that moment, and he he's not taking the own advice that he was giving her. So this ship was fucking crazy, bro, It was really good. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So when he said was he was going to leave, crib Dow didn't pick up on it on that. No, No, it was no, it wasn't just house. It started off his house sitting, and then he was just like, if I come back.
Speaker 1: No, he didn't say that to Whittaker. He did. He was like, if I don't come back, you got a nice.
Speaker 4: He was joking. No, no, no, no, no, no no. He was not telling Whittaker that he might kill himself. He was absolutely not doing that. He wouldn't even make any sense in the story. Why would he tell Whittaker that.
Speaker 3: Because he trusted him what he liked, He trusted them with the crib.
Speaker 1: But take it that way. He didn't saying it wasn't a throwaway line. Are you should know that we have context where now.
Speaker 3: Exactly everything I'm not, I'm not. That's how I took Maybe I was, but that's how I took it. Even that's why I said, how long have I known? That's from the beginning of this ship. I feel like they haven't been alluding to that. He said it to Whitaker like he was fucking with him. He was absolutely not saying it to him like, hey man, because I might kill myself, you can have my house.
Speaker 1: I think it.
Speaker 3: Just as the episodes continue, it got just more serious every time.
Speaker 1: He just kind of alluded to it exactly.
Speaker 3: So I'm just saying you're saying, like, that's what that's your point, right, I don't think I saw it from the jump.
Speaker 1: From that point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was just so not listeners, not Rod, there's above everybody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that was always something there. I didn't he wasn't telling Whitaker. But I do understand Rod. It was just in Robbie's mind. He no, I might not be back.
Speaker 1: For That's what I mean.
Speaker 3: Okay, got you right? Okay, Yeah, yeah, he was not. It wasn't blatant. No, he was not trying to tell where it to look, Bro, I might kill myself. No, it wasn't blatant because we all know that if you kill yourself, you don't just get somebody's house.
Speaker 2: That's not that's not it works. What about Giovatti? This season, Robbie got on her for her TikTok stuff. She got the opportunity to do that surgery in front of the chief neurosurgeon, but didn't take it because she didn't want it to be nepotism.
Speaker 1: Do y'all like her characters boring? Like? Does she stick out? I mean I feel like I kind of it's cool. We just get us in that scene. I do too, but I feel like it was more impactful last season in this season.
Speaker 3: Oh, I yeah, I want.
Speaker 4: I think that them focusing on how empathetic she is towards people, like when the cancer woman passed and she could.
Speaker 3: Not handle it. What happened about the same person maktoks about gay. Yeah, I think I thought she was more affected by the ice stuff.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, I wasn't making a comparison. I'm just you know, so that's herd. What about Santos moved?
Speaker 1: I know, Santo?
Speaker 4: Yeah, still every day as a record label and the mother you have some not anymore killing my points today?
Speaker 1: Dog, I have to move on. I kill it.
Speaker 4: I said my piece, and I was like, well I think she was. I mean what you just said, I think ship but the real thing. But I say, you're gonna bullshit now, fu Santo's let's move on to that. That's more important.
Speaker 1: Santo. I hate her. I hate her. I just don't understand how you not me. I feel like they're trying to force me not to like her. They don't have to force where she sat up there and told langdon the only way you can atone is to tell everybody what you did? Who the fuck are you? Thank you? She hasn't dick the whole show.
Speaker 4: She's been stealing scalpels to you know something like both of us have problems right now.
Speaker 1: Still what she was still a scalpel because she's a cutter. Oh okay, you didn't catch that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and she stole They didn't really close out because she stole the scalpel, but they never really resolved that.
Speaker 1: That hypocrite.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hypocrite you go around you called it names the whole Yeah, yeah, like come on, man, like, yeah, I hate her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't see what I don't like about.
Speaker 1: You're cute. I was surprised. I'm not saying nothing. I was surprised at her target target that that you're right about.
Speaker 2: But I was surprised at her like need for Whittaker to be around like that.
Speaker 1: That's surprised.
Speaker 4: She is just like mel She needs people to depend on her, and she has a power issue. That's why the one doctor from upstairs, that dister fucked her up so bad.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, the desurgent. She doesn't like that.
Speaker 4: So her treating Langdon that way, it makes sense with her character. But it doesn't make sense in the scheme of everything, because yeah, you're a fucking hypocrite. You're stealing company shit too. We could have used that scalpel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just like man. Yeah, they they kind of pulled back from her because they just were like, look, you just gonna fucking sleep, but the last third of this show, we just don't even want you fucking talking. But when she did, she was fucking annoying, and her trying to show this sort of I like Whittaker, I'm with Mike. It's a power thing. She can bully him and it gives her that sort of authority and you know, so don't try to use that to fucking humanize her. It's always fuck Santos.
Speaker 3: Bro It still fucks Santos.
Speaker 4: But I'm interested to see it how much more they do next season, because I can see why she him and treats him like shit. But then when he's like, well I'm leaving, she's sad. It could be that she genuinely, you know, likes him, or it could just be she doesn't like the fact that now she doesn't have everybody to bully. And what would be fucked up is if she tries to transfer that bullying to Mel.
Speaker 3: I'm not putting up with that.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't turn on her if she started believing Rah.
Speaker 3: If she's start doing that shit, I'm sending emails.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Mel, Mel gonna take it.
Speaker 4: Mail's a pushover like that. I could see her trying to turn Mail into her new Wittaker.
Speaker 1: But I'm not gonna like ipe that that damn disposition again. Yeah, she gotta go back. Did you say that? Uh?
Speaker 2: Let's see in the episode fifteen they run over Robbie's bike.
Speaker 1: Did that mean anything metaphorically to y'all?
Speaker 3: I'd like it when they say it's like a sign that she don't.
Speaker 1: Need to be on pretty much. I think that's why they wrote that, didn't it. God damn it the fuck she said? I thought he was going to hit I did too, and then try to lie. He said it had to be it had to be sticking out.
Speaker 4: Then.
Speaker 1: The only other thing I got when they were watching it on the video camera, I don't like this part right.
Speaker 3: That was fucked up. That was fucked up, man.
Speaker 2: I like the I like the new nurses too. I like the black Lady. I like to do from shrinking the black dude. That's in there that came on. Was that the one we were like?
Speaker 1: She did? She did? She shent me a DM baby. You see, I ain't even DM on back.
Speaker 2: I ain't talking about him that that wasn't I'm talking about the doctor the black doctor had, like the bigger black dude was the real good guy.
Speaker 1: The who guy. He was really good at X rayse. He made over girl uh puller application for something mm hmm. Yeah, he went to Harvard and somewhere else.
Speaker 2: I ain't talking about him either. I'm talking about the other guy at the end when when Langdon had to do that special little surgery and the black guy was in there.
Speaker 1: With them, Yeah he was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought you was talking about the dude that left, the only one that Robbie.
Speaker 1: Not, not the white guy, the black guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that they're all hot guy.
Speaker 1: It's like a big swoll. Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. Small head, Yeah, real smart as Yeah. Yeah, he came in and just immediately. Yes, do you'll remember the other black guy that Robbie leave early too, right, Yeah, I do remember him. That's what you're talking about. That's who I thought you were talking No, no, no, no, not the curly head dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah him that curly he's on personally color right owner Minnigan or something like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought I just thought he was black, But I see what y'all You can see different.
Speaker 1: Though, mm hmm, all right. We touched on everything.
Speaker 3: Uh did we touch on like the ship like that? That the woman that came in pregnant. I thought that was a man. That scene, There was a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't touch on many of the cases. What cases y'all want?
Speaker 1: So that's one in particular. Happened with the pregnant lady. He was trying to have some ship at home.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, like a wild birth is what she called it, or something like that.
Speaker 1: I don't know what the fuck that is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the baby came out.
Speaker 1: Blue and they had to bring the baby back to life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they had to bring the baby back to life.
Speaker 4: That was a big part because Robbie was was fucked up over there.
Speaker 1: He couldn't even focus until he knew the baby was ship.
Speaker 3: That scene was so dope because he had most of his face covered.
Speaker 1: But you can still tell he was good. The funk out, Yeah, God, he's good. That was a really good one. The leg one was good. The shoulder. One was out the shoulder was popping. Robers like, doctor the fuck up? Yeah, that was redemption. I like that.
Speaker 3: But that's what made Robbie like, good job the first time. Yeah, that was the first time. So that was a really good one.
Speaker 1: Like and then he did that other proceedure that nobody had ever done.
Speaker 3: So that's the one I was, Yeah, that's the one I was talking.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but then there's the one with the with the lady with the rash on her leg and she and the having to lose half of her leg. So I thought that was impactful because he went up there to check.
Speaker 2: On her and was like, she got a diagnosis, right, And then when they put the they were scared to lift up the lady breast.
Speaker 1: That was that was good and he was I thought the little species was good.
Speaker 2: He was like, if you're gonna be a doctor, to be adopted, like women need the proper treatment. I thought the speech was really good. It seemed like he was just picking, but that was like, you know, it's a serious. You don't want to touch his leg. It's more than likely I'm sure that's the issue.
Speaker 1: Yeah. That and Dana's Dana's Ship was good where.
Speaker 3: She went off on them cops for not picking up the rape kit.
Speaker 1: M yes, and one of tho was a woman, which I thought was very intentional and good. Baby down. So Rob is gonna take that? You think that's what I was wanted. I kept saying. I was like, there's no way he's gonna take this baby. He's gonna adopt it.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't know if he's gonna adopt the baby, but he's gonna do that whatever they call that foster Yeah, where they keep the baby until they can find a.
Speaker 1: Place for the baby.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's definitely gonna because I don't remember him saying that he was left when he was eight. They said that it was it was from an earlier season, but I don't remember him saying that.
Speaker 3: I don't seen the earlier episode. I don't remember him saying that.
Speaker 1: I know, I know he alluded to his mom wasn't around or something. I remember that. Yeah, he didn't say that. He said that, but he never said the right right right. Yeah. So I thought that was impactful.
Speaker 3: And they say that too, like witnessing It seemed like witness in life or childbirth and things like that gives you a sense of hope.
Speaker 1: Or whatever. So I think that was said that ship. That was probably me which one what you mean? Which one?
Speaker 3: Them cutting that woman's belly open like that and pull that nasty.
Speaker 1: Baby, that's how.
Speaker 3: That's how y'all do it? Section, I thought, not section, But that was an emergency, that's sci. But they had an emergency. That was an emergency thing they had to do. I ain't never seen no ship like that. They cut a whole stomach open, okay, normally Yeah, it's just as they had okay ship.
Speaker 1: I was like, bro get this ship out of my turn clampsy of ship. It's some real fucking ship. My wife had it with with Miles. Miles was the PREMI so he came real early and somebody else we know had it. Didn't it happen in Paradise? It that was wrong with the girl in Paradise too. Good luck to dad from the baby.
Speaker 3: Look at me, I'm not joining you in this, I thought the lady in Paradise, you.
Speaker 1: Leave me a long spike. Talk to Ken.
Speaker 3: I don't know nothing about babies. I'll be saying up saying something real crazy.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yeah, yeah I believe so yeah, but no, it's it's real. Yeah, so so yeah with so seeing that, like watching that, were watching together, we've had to deal with that ship. So as soon as soon as she saw the feed and she touched the shop like boom, that's what it is, you know, and it's ten percent of women. So and that was they had to get. They had to get Miles early because it was given her a complications because he was not gonna go to term. Yeah, so so is it baby gonna save Robbie's suicide attempt? I think so?
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure, I think that's what they were alluding to.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because he was saying, like everything's gonna be okay. You have a lot more people to love in this life.
Speaker 1: All that stuff was bring home.
Speaker 3: Then they faded that ship to Blacks slowly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was perfect, but then they brought it back and that was my favorite ship season.
Speaker 1: I man, that was good.
Speaker 3: To that part was good, I know because I didn't even remember that they had not resolved this.
Speaker 1: But everything he had the bad damn doll. That was bro He was living his life. You know.
Speaker 4: After that, when they showed her you might to turn it off to her like you fucked up. Listen next time, y'all see my girl ask her how much I'd bring up the fact that Alanis Morris says, Jagie Little Pill is a perfect album. She gets so angry because she hates it. It ended with with uh, oh, my god, Santos and what is the Mel? Santos and Mel at karaoke? Yeah, and they were singing like if you Go, if you Go. When you read the lyrics to you want to know, it makes sense of why they're both acting the way they are. They are connected to the people that you know are finally finding some kind of independence and now they're feeling like they're empty. It's that it was the perfect ending for this fucking season. And because I also found out that Santos is like a professional singer.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's like a Broadway singer.
Speaker 4: So the fact that she was singing so badly in this Man's you you need to go back and just it's only like ten seconds, but it's so good. It's so you would never see them as friends. But she's taking Mel's glasses off and they're jumping up around.
Speaker 1: It's so good, which you know probably is maybe she maybe now that Mail has basically detached from her sister, for you know out against her will, you know, her taking the glasses off hair now as a sign of her like getting a new identity for herself, so you know, it's probably giving us a preview. But yeah, my my favorite part was just seeing how awkward Mail was. I just I couldn't take my eyes off Mail because it was so funny because she.
Speaker 3: Let her hair down and she was just kind of bouncing and she was like do it.
Speaker 1: She was just she was just lost by you just gotta watch it, you know, because it perfectly fits her character.
Speaker 3: And I almost turned it off too, almost, I was. I was literally just about to turn it off, and then it's just then the scene popped up, Like oh shit, I'm glad I didn't turn it off.
Speaker 1: But I do want to have that conversation while you think, jag uh, it's such a good We'll talk about that next week.
Speaker 2: Are they you'll think they're gonna go with the day Ship next season or do they come back to.
Speaker 4: Regular They're gonna bring back the same people because they announced the people that are leaving.
Speaker 1: Who's leaving only she's only They may do a hybrid though, may they do overlap it kind of how they did? Maybe this was a test. Yes, and then because and it worked for me. It works and the other people, you know, kind of called give them a nick names, branding nightcrawlers here because we get all the freaks. So I think it gives them room to tell those stories that happened at night with that we don't see. Speaking of that ship that happened with the guy with the tug of war with the hands.
Speaker 4: Man, that was some Alabama ship. God, yeah, damn come feeling no pain.
Speaker 3: That could happen.
Speaker 1: That was crazy.
Speaker 3: That was yeah, that was That was one of the moments, because there's always a moment that ye get you.
Speaker 1: That was it that wrote was my God, I lose that motherfucker. Yeah that y'all got it? Cut it off, man.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 2: We're going to see how they run the emergency room differently, Like we got a little glimpse of it at the end of this season, but I would want to see how Abbot runs.
Speaker 1: His looks good as he don't look like because he was struggling. He was like, hey, he needed some help because they looked you up. He was like, oh ship, uh go get Robbie. Yeah. Anything else about the season, it was amazing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's other stuff. But yeah, I think that's it's too good.
Speaker 2: It is really a great show man. I'm I wish it was twenty two episodes, to be honest with you, throwback old it's old TV. But until next time, we are out piece