Speaker 1: The Ricky Smiley Money Show. Come on, Hey, good morning.
Speaker 2: Everybody has made that has majoy to me, glad in it and here to help us get on and they started is Pastor Ken Sullivan Jr. The senior pastor of New Direction Church in Indianapolis, Indiana. Good morning, Pastor Sullivan.
Speaker 3: Good morning Ricky and the Ricky Smiley Morning Show. Family. Listen. I am so happy and excited to be afforded the privilege to be able to pray for us on today. Dear Heavenly Father, we thank you so very much for this day that you've allowed us to see. God. We pray and asked it right now you would go ahead of us, that you would fight all of our battles. God, that you would comfort those who are in need of comfort during this hour and during this time. We ask Lord God that you would just envelop us with your love, let us feel your presence like never before. We pray and ask Lord God that you would help us be peacemakers. God, that everywhere we go we would find ways to make peace with our brothers, our sisters, and those we do life with. God, we just pray and ask that you would bless this entire day, Help us to find joy even in the midst of situations that may not be pleasant. Help us to be able to look beyond the troubles that we see in a moment and look at how you're working things for our good God. We pray that even on today, no matter where we find ourselves, that we would take the time to pause and to reflect and to give you thanks. We're so appreciative that you would allow us to see another day.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: Father, we just praying to ask that even as we start our day and as we head about to the various places that we have to go, that you would guide us God, and that you would guard us. You would protect us, and you would be with us. We thank you for even allowing us this opportunity to come in to gather and to pray, and we ask you well God, that you would continue to be with us. In Jesus Holy Name, we pray. Amen, listen. I want to thank my friend Ricky Smiley for allowing me to have this time to pray. And I want to remind you if you're ever in the Indianapolis area, stop by and visit us at New Direction Church. We would absolutely love to have you be with us listen. I want everyone out there to have a great and glorious day.
Speaker 2: Hey y'all, that was Pastor Ken Sullivan Junior. Thank you so much for that to seeing pastor of New Direction Church in Indianapolis, Indiana on.
Speaker 1: The Freaky Smighty Morning Show.
Speaker 2: Alfred, this is out this morning. But I just thought it would just be great to have my good friend, my fraternity brother. He is actually the president, the president of my chapter Alpha Phive. Remember make us our Oppternity Incorporated. Multiple Emmy Award winning news anchor, first black male anchor in primetime in Birmingham. Worked at two stations in Atlanta on eleven Alive and Fox by Want and on a art frank Man, Good morning, Good morning, my brother Kevin.
Speaker 4: Hey, you man, here to be with you man today. It's Thursday, August sixth I'm Aard Franklin and Farfride's. Here's the story he's making the front page. There's a new development in the case in bombing Nolan Wells. Christine Warsley, Nolan's mother, says a professional misconduct complaint filed against her has now been closed. In a Facebook post, Warsley said the complaint only added to her family's pain as they continued searching for answers about her son's death. Attorney Bankrump called the complaint an attempt to intimidate her after she began publicly questioning what happened to Nolan. Nolan's body was filed of Mississippi's Horn Island two days after he disappeared during the fourth of July gathering. His cause of death is still unknown. One autopsy report from the Mississippi Medical Examiner has not been released, while a second independent autopsy supported by former NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick, was inconclusive. Meanwhile, the Senate has confirmed doctor Erica Schwartz as the new Director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, giving the CDC its first permanent leader in more than a year.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: Schwartz is no stranger to public health. The former Coast Guard Rear admiral served as Deputy Surgeon General during President Trump's first term and throughout the COVID nineteen pandemic. Still, her confirmation wasn't without questions. During her Senate hearings, Democrats pressed her on whether she would push back against Health and Human Services Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Junior over vaccine policy. Sports says she believes vaccines are safe and effective, but she avoided directly criticizing Kennedy. She now takes over the CDC as the agency works to respond to MEASOS outbreaks and other public health concerns, while also rebuilding after recent staffing cuts and leadership changes. And finally, this morning, if you know you know, Today marks three years since the now famous Montgomery Riverfront Brawl, also known as the Montgomery Brawl, the Alabama Sweet Tea Party, or simply you remember this stric key the chair incident. It all started over and illegally parked boat at Montgomery's river Front Park, where a black dock worker was attacked after asking a group to move. That's when bystanders stepped into help and the rest became Internet history, from the folding chair to the swimmer crossing the river. The viral video sparked countless means T shirts and plenty of laughs. The legal cases have since wrapped up, with the white voters pleading guilty to harassment and charges against the black co captain being dismissed. So today social media is once again celebrating was suffectually known as Chair teenth, a uniquely Alabama moment that has earned its place in black culture and internet history.
Speaker 2: Teeth everybody, So if you visiting part of the show, make sure you.
Speaker 4: Check out the Ricky Smiley Morning Show podcasts. It's available wherever you get your podcasts. Now, let's take a look at sports.
Speaker 1: What's up the sports genius in the building?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 5: Yes, indeedy Rock and girl, y'all see how good he read?
Speaker 2: Why y'all can't reading?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 2: All right, Hey, I got well, we didn't go to the same school.
Speaker 1: I gotta step my game on this.
Speaker 5: This is rock to you, and I'm covering sports right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, I can't wait till my time.
Speaker 5: That game up. Yeah, So, Rick man, this is why I got one for you. Ryan Clark being fired from ESPN weeks ago, Yeah, people are still talking about this. So former ESPN analyst Sage Steele, who actually suited in the past, recently on her podcast with Dan Dakich, another former ESPN analyst, Sage brought up the time when her and Ryan Clark had a conflict.
Speaker 2: There were a long list of things that Ryan Clark got away with a lot of race fitting.
Speaker 6: And always went back to race.
Speaker 1: Remember, he wouldn't go on the air with.
Speaker 7: Me, unbelievable to talk football.
Speaker 3: I would have fired him a meeting.
Speaker 8: Who the hell do you think you are?
Speaker 3: Is what I would have said, Get yours and get.
Speaker 4: Out of here's your job.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 1: Ryan Clark had already explained why he.
Speaker 5: Did not want to go on the air with Saves. Still in his defense, here's what he had to say.
Speaker 7: The one thing, and the only thing I took a fits to was her saying that with President Obama's father not being a part of his life, why would he want to consider himself black? As a black man. He's also a man that was that is married to a black woman, also a man who was raising two young black daughters. And I felt that that was disrespectful. Because of that, I was uncomfortable in working with her period.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there you go. That's it, playing this up for nobody. Woke up out of bed and just didn't want to work with you.
Speaker 3: That was crazy.
Speaker 5: That's it, man, that's my quick sports report right there.
Speaker 10: Drop it like a drop it like at already time for a hot spot a brat Rick at.
Speaker 11: Good morning, everybody. I'm your girl tat and this is the hot spot where we bring you music, movies, and more so, let's get on off into that thing. Well, y'all can keep Palmer the Voice. They switching up things a little bit for the next season, and she is gonna be the Voice of the Celebrity edition, and she is going to kill it. It's a new show that they introduce it. She posted a quick announcement and here it goes. That's right, it's true.
Speaker 2: I am hosting the Voice.
Speaker 11: I'll see you guys there.
Speaker 4: This is the boy. I love it.
Speaker 5: I love that.
Speaker 11: Yeah, she gonna be funny and she gonna add to the show so much so. According to reports, the Voice Celebrity will feature actors, musicians, influencers, athletes, comedians, and reality stars all competing to be the first Voice Celebrity Champion. This is gonna be good because a lot of these people that can can act and do other things, they can also sing too, So this is gonna be good and very entertaining. The contextics have not been announced yet, but the coaches are locked in, y'all, and they will be Queen Tifa, Joe Jonas, and Riley Green that they will help the celebrity concessions through a boot camp that they'll prepare and now they'll prepare them for the blind auditions. So the new season of the Voice begins Monday, September twenty first. And Kiki also man this lady stay booked and busy when I tell you. She also serves as the host of Past Word with Jimmy Fallon. She also starts on the Peacock original The Burbs, and she the host of Keicky Palmer Podcast with her own podcast. So congratulations go out to kick Palmer for staying booked and busy. All right, y'all, this next thing is on me a little bit. Who could compete with New Audition in the verses?
Speaker 5: Nobody?
Speaker 11: Nobody, That's how I feel, too.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 11: New Audition got an idea. Let's see what they have to say and if we agree, check it out.
Speaker 8: Interesting it's supposed to dis Yeah, I don't know if my guys are being honest? Right?
Speaker 5: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 7: Though?
Speaker 11: New Audition didn't make as many speed up tempoos.
Speaker 1: That classic classic like the solo stuff.
Speaker 10: But I just think in terms of crowd association.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I would love to hear the solo, but I still think the New Audition fans just he love.
Speaker 10: His new addition.
Speaker 11: Yeah, that's absolutely right, yeahs versus BBD.
Speaker 5: Yeah, just going back and forth.
Speaker 11: Versus Ralph tresident all of them. Yeah, Bobby Brown, come on that they wouldn't have enough time too much. Yeah, they wanted to be what an hour or two hours? They need about four five hours if they playing all them hits, because you know, everybody want to sing it, have a good time. That's gonna be completely fun because you know they're gonna pick the most important and the best, most popular hits and everybody gonna be ready for that.
Speaker 5: But the great idea why they couldn't go against the Bank Street boys.
Speaker 8: They in the program all by themselves, don't want.
Speaker 11: You know what, We're gonna wrap up the house that note.
Speaker 4: That's not a versus, that's a destroyeds right, yeah right.
Speaker 11: If you miss any part of the show, y'all, make sure you check it out on the Ricky Smiley Morning Show podcast available wherever you get your podcasts, and you can catch me on all my social media ads. So so brad you wire.
Speaker 1: I believe him, yo.
Speaker 3: I don't know why, but I do.
Speaker 1: All right, y'all, reck smile the Morning Show.
Speaker 6: Hey, Hey, sitting in fro al fritis this morning, y'all, please welcome, Multi motherble Emmy Award winning news anchor, the first black Mail the Anger on prime time show Prime Time News, and Birmingham worked at two sessions in Atlanta from Me on the eleven five eleven Alive and Fontspy and the President that the Grand Bosh is Alphi Pie Chapter of omakas Hopi Fraternity Incorporated.
Speaker 1: The one and only aren't fragment in the building.
Speaker 4: It's gonna give you. We're gonna give you that voice too.
Speaker 3: We're gonna give you that voice.
Speaker 6: Yeah, especially case we need that voice right there.
Speaker 2: Man, we get up.
Speaker 9: Man boy, what you're talking about? Might have to have him coming Friday for the Dollar Tree Prize. Pect I'm I'm telling you, hey, I might have to give up that mic for that one.
Speaker 4: Buddy.
Speaker 9: Look, hey, and you are the perfect voice for this segment right here, because it's all about throwbacks right now. And that voice sounds like you know that that's that's that's that voice right now. This look so this whole thing right here that I'm about to do, it's a it's a pipe dream. I realized. You cannot go through life driving and looking in the rear view mirror. You know what, I'm saying, we got to focus on what's ahead. But there's some things. There are some things, Ricky. You know, there's some things that I wish we could bring back. I don't know how we could do it, but I wish we could bring these things back. Super Dave, if you would give me some appropriate throwback music. This for all my eighties babies out there, if you as a seventies baby, even if you was a sixties baby, sixties baby, seventies baby, eighties baby, turned it turned down just a little bit. Uh, these are things I wish would come back. Pagers, I wish beepers would come back. I hate that I'm so accessible on the damn cell phone. I wish I can just look at your number and call you back when I damn feel like it. I tell you I want to call you back. When I see your number, I see you paging me, I'm gonna hit you back when I got a minute. I ain't finna tell you right now, because you want to talk movie theaters. Movie theaters with the tickets that cost less than ten dollars something. What happened to the dollar movie? That's why we got teenage pregnancy right now. Because the movie calls so much that if a boy take your dough out to a movie, he expected something. Man, you just spent three hundred dollars to go to the movie. Yeah, he expected something, but he drop off. Now this might be controversial. I want Jerry Curls to come back, damn it.
Speaker 5: I want Jerry Curle.
Speaker 2: They got it. They gotta go to my mama Church. Come on, I'm talking about I'm talking about so good.
Speaker 9: Come on, Catlina, Richie, Ray Parker, Billy Ocean. I want that kind of Jerry Curls to come right over.
Speaker 2: There to guy in the light. They got them there, my step can't you know my stepdad?
Speaker 9: Come on, park and don't you'll never cut it off.
Speaker 2: Hey, Rick, George, George, George Fleming, Dad Dwight.
Speaker 1: He got it, he said, I got.
Speaker 9: This girl, and I ain't mad at it. Here's one here, hey Rick, here's one just for you. I want Winos to come back.
Speaker 5: Winos.
Speaker 9: I ain't talking about crackheads. I ain't talking about pill I'm talking about good old school Winos.
Speaker 2: Pimp and and tell your phone out and get them to spell simple words and drunk.
Speaker 5: Off of wine. I love it.
Speaker 2: Making a mad dog Hey, hey, what happened.
Speaker 5: To free dogs? I want free dogs to come back. But Brad, you boosie, you buy, you buy your dogs. I want free dog. Remember when dog the dog was free? You just found them.
Speaker 3: Looking home.
Speaker 5: I missed free dogs, I'm telling you. And finally, shag carpet. I want shag carpets to come back. I'm talking about shack no alone.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 9: If you ain't never if after the prom, when I went out to the prom, parents wasn't getting you a hotel room. If you was gonna smash that out of the problem, you had to do it on that shag carpet in the basement.
Speaker 4: The shaded carpet ain't never left.
Speaker 9: Hell.
Speaker 3: Ricky put me in brown on that plane.