Speaker 1: The Frames per Second Podcast. Welcome everybody to the Frames per Second Podcast. Kenneth be And chaired with Rod, Mike and Spike whatever you. Patreon voted ten anniversary of the Nice Guys. So we're to give a quick conversation about it. It's a twenty sixteen American neo noir buddy actually comedy film directed by Shane Black who corrupted the screenplay with Anthony Bacadozi, produced by Joel Silver, has Russell Crow, Ron Goslin in it, and Kim Baseger, Margaret Qually, Keith David and some other folks. So Shane Black, Let's see what does Shane Black do? Leath the weapon? Oh leath the weapon? Last Boy, Scout Long, Kiss, good Night, Kis Kiss, Main Bang, Iron Man three, and I guess a new version of the Predator twenty eighteen Predator.
Speaker 2: Have you guys ever? Have you guys ever watched this movie before this?
Speaker 3: First time I heard about this movie, I saw it. It just looked like it wouldn't wouldn't be good to me. When I saw it, I didn't have any desire to go to the movies and see it, and I didn't have any desire if I saw it streaming somewhere.
Speaker 2: What about you, Mike, never heard of it, had no desire to watch it.
Speaker 1: Yeah I haven't. Yeah, I'm in the same boat as you all. I don't remember seeing the trailer or the post or anything. As a matter of fact, I was talking to Rod last night. I thought we were doing an animation movie, but it was the bad guys. Not I've seen bad guys with that shit, you know, but nice guys not so much.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen this before, but.
Speaker 3: When it came out, yeah I do, because I was like, why is Russell Crew and what's the other girl name guys playing in a movie like this. I just didn't want to see them in those type of roles. So yeah, just I just never had any of desirests to see this.
Speaker 2: How'd you feel like if you watched it?
Speaker 3: Pretty much the same? Like I didn't miss anything, you know, like it was okay, But that's it. Like it's not something I would recommend to anybody, like, oh man, you got to see this, this Russell Crow. It's more it's other Russle Crow films I'll tell people to go watch. It's other Ryan Goslin films that I would tell people to go watch. This is not one of them. But I mean it was okay. It wasn't like, oh my god, he like, it was just it was just okay.
Speaker 2: It was just okay. And my expectations were very low.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't know what it was until I typed in and to watch it like last night, which is uh yeah.
Speaker 2: Really like. I didn't finish this until like twelve something.
Speaker 1: And I was looking into it, and interesting enough, apparently it's developed a cult following over the years.
Speaker 2: I don't know that either.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I just found out that out. But uh, well, what about you run a Spike and Mike.
Speaker 3: I can be quick. I didn't like any of this. I didn't like a single minute of this. This was fucking stupid. I don't know why this has a cult following. I didn't laugh a single time. This was ridiculous. I don't get the point. Yeah, and why is it two hours? It's just why was this even voted on?
Speaker 1: I think because of the cult following. I think that that's what I was trying to figure out, the same thing. Somebody nominated and I think, yeah, Patreon voted for it, But I think because of the cult following.
Speaker 2: When I saw that they had a cult following.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was like, oh, that's probably why they ended up voting for it, But how do you feel.
Speaker 2: About his spike? I could see why I got a cold following.
Speaker 4: It's like one of those little fringe movies that not a lot of people know about, but if you know about it, you love it, like Pineapple Express or some shit like that. But I didn't hate it. I thought Russell Crowe did a good job. I liked the I like the dialogue one than anything. I felt like they were snarky and it was smart, but the story really was whatever I'm the new or part of it was cool. Ryan Goshmin did a good job. So the acting was good, but it was just a mid level story with good actors in it. And then the theme of it like carried it M.
Speaker 2: Four for four man. Uh I When this was over, I was like, Okay, what you know? And I like comedy.
Speaker 1: I like comedy, but I was I was with you, Mike, like, I didn't I didn't laugh at anything, you know. I thought, I said, well, maybe it's just because you know, it's it's late and I'm.
Speaker 2: Tired, But nah, that I don't think that was it.
Speaker 1: I'm normally I'm always up late, you know, So I don't think that was it, even though I had a super busy day yesterday. But nevertheless, I don't think that impacted I just think it resonated with me at all. I think the beginning of it when they were introducing all the characters and stuff, with Healey, who's played by Russell Crowe and mister March played by Ryan Gosling, which I know he looks weird with that little mustache he got on or whatever.
Speaker 2: And I know it's the seventies, but seventy seven to be a zach because.
Speaker 1: We heard the earth Wind and Fire some other tunes playing in the background. But yeah, I didn't find the story particularly interesting. You're two guys that started out as enemies that came together as friends to look for this girl, which is pretty much the premise of what it was.
Speaker 2: So I'm like, and then.
Speaker 1: In the mists of all that are these jokes and weird sort of things that happened throughout the whole movie. So an hour and fifty five minutes, it's insane for me. But yeah, so Holland, not Healey, Holland, Yeah, Hollo March, my bad, my hollow March and Jackie Lee. Yeah, but did you guys got to think about the chemistry. You gotta like the chemistry of Russell Crowe, and it was fine.
Speaker 3: I think for me, I just would have wanted chemistry in a different way, not in a movie like this when you got two actors like that. So I never, I never it kind of like what Spike was saying, it was okay, dialogue was fine, you know, but I guess chemistry was fine too. But it's just I would have rather chemistry and something else. Yeah, this was kind of goofy for them. We ain't used to seeing them goofy. This is kind of like little goofy. That's what I was surprised when he was reading the other movies that he did. None of them really have that type of back and forth the dialogue or whatever it may be.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: I thought the daughter did a good job Ryan Gosien's daughter. I think she did a good job in the movie relevant though they forced her in there, which is why I feel like she was playing behind the eight ball. But she she didn't suck like child actors usually do. And uh, I thought I liked how she played that role, like dead paying kind of serious, but she was still a child. Did you think did you feel like she was irrelevant?
Speaker 2: Marke? I don't think that's what I'm saying, So she definitely wasn't irrelevant. She just he's a terrible father. I'll say that, you know what I mean? The Little Girl actor.
Speaker 5: I meant to look her up after we were done, after I was done watching it, to see what else she's been in, because I'm pretty sure i've seen her before.
Speaker 2: She was good. Yeah, she was good. It's just I agree with Rod.
Speaker 5: The chemistry between Russell Crowe and Ryan Gosling. It was just like, yeah, y'all have good chemistry, but this story is stupid, so I don't care. And I thought it was gonna be good. When you started off with fucking a nice you know said that titties just dead.
Speaker 2: I was like, Okay, we got dead titties. I might like this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I guess when I'm in irrelevant. It's just that I didn't think she was necessary. Yeah, she saw the case, but I think they made made it that way. This movie could have been totally fine in my opinion without her, Like why do we need her? You got a movie with Russell Crowe and Ryan Gosling and you still added this.
Speaker 4: I think it was to show how Ryan Gosley as a father was rubbing off on her, like she picked up his investigative skills. But it also was showing because he's that way, he can't properly raise her.
Speaker 2: Why do you need that in the story. I guess this is what I was to add character depth.
Speaker 3: So it's not just here's a goofy cop and another goofy cop and they're trying to solve a goofy case. They're trying to make Ryan Gosling more human by giving him something to care about, because without her, what's the motivation. Yeah, I feel like, just real quick, I feel like, sure you could do I think it's different. I think it's other ways you can do that, Because anytime she was inserted, I was just like it threw me off, like why is she in the middle of this this porn industry party or why she at this shootout?
Speaker 2: Like it's just like.
Speaker 3: Like, why do we have this little girl here? I can't it disconnected me? I guess is what because it doesn't seem believable to me? Well, yeah, well nothing in this movie is believable. If this was a serious film, then yeah, it would.
Speaker 2: I would.
Speaker 5: I'd be with you if the tone of the movie was very much like this is too serious, if this is the Wire and this was happening with some little white girl, I'd be like, Okay, this doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 2: This is silly. What the fuck are y'all doing?
Speaker 5: But since the vibe is very three Company, not the Bee's Company's Larry Moow and Curly.
Speaker 2: H three Stooges.
Speaker 3: Since the vibe is very much three Stooges, it's like, Okay, of course, yeah, throw a little girl into a porn star party, because now we can make the joke of why is this girl at the porn star party? Yes, of course, throw the little girl in the middle of a shootout, because then we can say, hey, guys, isn't it wacky if there's a little girl with the shootout?
Speaker 2: Hey? Yeah? For me, that that was Yeah. I'm not saying it worked well, it didn't.
Speaker 5: It was just it was added to that this is dumb to me, but that's what they were going for.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I liked her in this.
Speaker 1: I think it did a you know, kind of what Michael saying earlier did really show how how bad he was just at everything, you know, And I mean we were introduced to him, you know, in a tub in a full suit forgetting her birthday, and her writing on his hand you'll.
Speaker 2: Never be happy. Oh she wrote that. Yeah, I think she wrote that. I think she wrote it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, So, and you know, it felt like she was a way to kind of offset like, you know, their mishaps and their fuck ups and stuff like that. It's great to sort of a recentery of everything, is what I felt, because.
Speaker 2: When I was like, why the hell is she driving a car?
Speaker 1: But of course he broke his hand and he he still needed to solve the case. And then you know, I think they kind of show that heally, he was kind of supposed to be this good guy. You know, when we were introduced to him, he's punching out a PDF.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: So and then we introduced to mister March and he's, you know, like, yeah, he's a fuck up. And then uh, he's looking for Amelia, and then Amelia hires him to scare mister March, and that's how they first started interacting. But in that particular scene when we first see Amelia, he was like, yeah, you're seven dollars short. So you know, so it's just like, you know, he's he's a good guy, but it's probably while she was trying to give him that sob story. But he's also like, uh, has tendencies to I don't know if that's being bad or whatever, but he didn't get her.
Speaker 4: He jipped that old lady. Who the old lady that was looking for her husband that was dead.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, no, no, I'm talking about I'm talking about Ussell Croz.
Speaker 1: Oh I thought the other one. Oh yeah, yeah, mister yeah, mister March. March is absolutely a piece of Yeah. But oh god, yeah, come on, Spike, like she deserved that, like she deserves when.
Speaker 2: This sister funeral, she deserves. Yeah, you wouldn't take that money?
Speaker 4: Yeah I would. I definite would have take that money. How long you would have taken?
Speaker 3: No, I'm not ripping off some old lady. They want to get into heaven? Yeah, definitely if it exists, I want to get there. I would have told her, like, man, your husband is dead. How is that worse than taking that money?
Speaker 5: You got to deal with her, like, so, what do you think is gonna happen when the case ends?
Speaker 2: We couldn't find him? Oh, that is a good I don't even think about that. We couldn't find him kid on no where he went to man.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I couldn't have got him on the on the on the man foid in a in a blue Clearly somebody has told that old woman that her husband is dead. She's just ignoring.
Speaker 1: That.
Speaker 2: Would I taking that she had the venture? Yeah?
Speaker 1: But you know again, he's just he's just he's a terrible guy. Uh did you don't? I didn't laugh.
Speaker 2: But the scream that he had when he broke his own bro, I did not expect him. I haven't seen that. People do think that part was funny, Like what in the hell?
Speaker 3: I wonder if that was improvised because that was a bitch ass scream.
Speaker 1: He let a couple of like shrills throughout this whole thing like that, and this whole ship and stuff like that. So maybe maybe that's why he added to the character or whatever, you know. I don't know, but yeah, so but yeah, that's that, you know. So that was our first introduction to them. And then later on Healey is confronted by Keith Davis character older guys what he's called the movie in blue face because of the the.
Speaker 2: Ink inc that verse it was an ink ball of was okay, yeah, from a bank robbery or something, I assume.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So they went to kind of try to press on him to give up Amelia.
Speaker 2: And he would not.
Speaker 1: Now remember the earlier scene when he was asking March about who his client was, he gave that up immediately. He was like, dang, you just gave all your client just like that, but he wouldn't so again, showing.
Speaker 2: Like the difference between the two. But he got out of.
Speaker 1: It, and then he goes to hire March to solve the case. And then in this particular scene, that's when they said, yeah, I heard you're actually pretty good at what you do, so which is why I'm hiring And now they're working together. And from there that's pretty much the rest of the movie. So I guess them kind of setting all of that up. Did you guys like how we went from character introduction to character the characters meeting and bumping has and and the disagreement to working together.
Speaker 2: I think that what did it for me was just the dialogue.
Speaker 4: It was good dialogue, Like the story was still weak and what they was trying to do the setup was weak, I feel like, but I feel like the actors were so good and the little snappy comebacks and back and forth with other people and with each other that I was interested at least.
Speaker 6: Okay, all right, what about your like set up pretty much the rest of the movie with these two characters, It's okay.
Speaker 3: I mean, I just think the plot was kind of weak. We're not kind of it was weak, and that the weak plot, it's gonna ultimately just be a weak movie. I mean, I think the actors were fine, but the plot just wasn't strong enough for me. A lot of times I felt kind of lost in it.
Speaker 1: It's just like, Okay, what's the point I stealing? Kind of lost on the full story of what was happening, honestly, you know, uh, you know, I think they went to find this guy chat and there was some protesters out there, Mike, if you ever done a protest like that?
Speaker 2: Who were they in front of? Yes?
Speaker 5: No, laid on the ground and pretended I was dead. No, I've laid on the ground and like a human they call it like a human chain so the cops can't move you. But I've never just been like, oh, I'm not talking to you because I'm dead. I was at a protests where someone put on like a bloody fur coat and acted like they were dead the whole time, and I was like, please get up.
Speaker 2: This is stupid. You're not changing anyone's mind. They see that you're a human, dumb.
Speaker 7: You would love to have more content from Franks per second. Become a patron where you can contribute to what we review and discuss. Our Patreon gives the listeners the power to nominate and vote a month discussion in film review, while also nominating and voting on weekly solo reviews from each cast member. You also get the opportunity to vote on the publicly released anniversary film, all exclusive to our Patreon. So become a patron at patreon dot com frames per second where there are two tiers you can choose from. That's patreon dot com forward slash frames per second.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so yeah, so Chat was yeah, so they found Chat who took them to like the burnt down house of Amelia's boyfriend Dean, which lead them to go on to this porno party. I guess of Sid Shatock and that they were working on some experimental film, working with Misty on experimental film combining pornography and investigative journalists spikers.
Speaker 2: That's something you will watch. No, that's something he's seen.
Speaker 4: I probably have no, No, not really, that didn't sound interesting. I thought it was funny, the whole interaction at the house when they got there and it was burned down, and then the dude was riding by. He's like, he'll give you twenty dollars if you talked to him, a little dude on the bike. So I thought that part was funny. But nah, I wasn't interested in the investigative journal documentary.
Speaker 3: I guess my thing was like, who's gonna who's gonna necessarily take that seriously? Like seeing a political statement in a porn video?
Speaker 2: I think because then they do that with like was it Sarah Palin? Sarah Palin? Well, they were depicting Sarah Palin like she became.
Speaker 3: Like this thisslike character character that people put on a wig and act like they were her porn ladies. That was everything. Yeah, politician, yeah, popular politician and different things.
Speaker 2: But what I'm saying is like, who's gonna actually take that serious?
Speaker 3: Like, like there was a political message in a porn right now, Who's gonna take that seriously? But I think they were exposing her actions, exposing to the lady. Wasn't a conspiracy that they were exposing her for things that she had done in porno fashion, So they wasn't making a statement per se. They were just putting her on fun street, like you've done these terrible things, right to then what to get prosecuted? So that's what I'm saying, Like, what public backlash? Yeah, make it known.
Speaker 4: That's why they spliced it into the film where everybody was watching it.
Speaker 3: I mean again, so you say public backlash, like, who's watching? Like, what if nobody watches porn? Like they cut it into a bigger film. Was they always gonna do that? I didn't. I think we're starting off with the wrong question. What do you mean what if no one watches porn? Everyone? Millions and millions of people watch porn. What I'm saying is that who's gonna be like, oh, yeah, I was watching this porno and I saw it she did these horrible things.
Speaker 5: I mean, real talk. I think it absolutely makes the most sense. I thought at first, if you're gonna stick a political message in something that you want widespread. Porn is widespread, and no one's gonna go wow, I did say it, but no one's gonna go tell their friend like, oh, I heard that this politician was doing some wild ship and I got from a porn They're just gonna say I heard some wild ship, this politician is doing X, Y and Z.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 5: But it's also the kind of movie where I don't, you know, I don't know that we should really be like, well, that doesn't really make a lot of sense.
Speaker 2: Well, it's just they they put it in the movie, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So I'm just trying to trying to accept what they're trying to try to get.
Speaker 2: They weren't.
Speaker 4: They weren't forcing it all people. If I'm not mistaken, though, they cut it into a regular film, so all the regular people that was going to be the people wanted to kill people.
Speaker 2: Wanted to kill them because they wanted to get rid of this thing. Yeah. So my thing is like, is somebody going to watch porn.
Speaker 3: That's not what they're going to watch porn for, right, They're going to watch porn for pleasure or whatever the case is.
Speaker 2: That that's it.
Speaker 3: After that, you think they're really going to be like, oh, yeah, you know, I don't know, I just don't.
Speaker 2: It just that just was disconnected from me.
Speaker 3: I think they will, really, I think there are some weirdos that watch porn because they like porn, but they also like to watch the story.
Speaker 5: Because if that was the case, they wouldn't even put a story in there. It would just be like, here's these two people and they're fucking within two minutes.
Speaker 3: Whether think they're just trying to create a fantasy like a plumber or coming to a crib or some shit.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but they would make that quick. There's fucking Game of Thrones. Porn're breaking bad, But why not act like y'all never saw this shit? Aund y'all know what you know?
Speaker 3: There's any kind of porn that you can think of, It exists, any kind different ros anyway, right right right, Spike wanted to say, pause so quick, you know.
Speaker 2: What you talking about? Willis right?
Speaker 1: But but yeah, they uh so they end up going to this uh Parno party or whatever.
Speaker 2: Mister d mister right there anyway, sorry, go.
Speaker 1: Ahead, Yeah with Sid shot uh again a terrible father. She was like, yeah, it's all kind of horrors and stuff here. He was like, whaty not many times I told you don't say, and.
Speaker 2: That was that was that was a funny life. I didn't laugh at live, but it was a funny live.
Speaker 1: You know, it's funny when she used to get yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I did like that. But how does she get back in the house.
Speaker 4: This put her in the cave, right mm hmmm, yeah, but she just got out.
Speaker 3: She probably to release something or she talked the guy into turning round, like, oh, I forgot my keys, you have to go back.
Speaker 2: The little girl was smart, Yeah, she was really smart. Yeah, she was smart.
Speaker 1: She realized she got in the car with that Blue Face, was like, I need to get out of there. But she was stupid to even get in the car in the first place.
Speaker 2: You know. She running around asks for Amelia.
Speaker 1: This food, mister March playing on Cops and Robbers on the damn you know, a porch and falls off and finds said Shatton dead and then it leads it to this big chase you know, where Amelia pops up and uh it's like Rond a million or whatever. But and he ends up killing Blue Face, uh anything.
Speaker 2: All right? All right?
Speaker 1: Uh so they some of I found that Amelia's mother is the one, uh uh that hired.
Speaker 2: Everybody to to find her.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, Judith Cuttner, who's an official with the Justice Department, and she basically telling her the millions out of her mind, she kind of crazy, and that she wants to hire them. Well, yeah, she wants to hire them to find her. Now, we didn't know she was behind everything at the time, again showing how March is crazy because she was going to pay ten thousand, like he did something like you.
Speaker 2: I felt that. I was like, damn, oh you did. I was like, she tore it up and then.
Speaker 4: You didn't think at that moment she did it. I think that was obvious you did. Once she started saying she was crazy and the conspiracy.
Speaker 2: He was like, she did that? Ship? This the I don't know, this was the It didn't seem genuine daughter to kill your own daughter.
Speaker 4: It seemed like she was looking for to to capture her, not she loved her and wanted her back.
Speaker 2: So did she actually get pay to get her killed? That's what I took from I don't think so. I thought it was the Yeah, I thought the mam was behind at all. Yeah, she wasn't prosecuted anything, but she's the head of the Justice.
Speaker 3: Boy, what I'm saying, but like you could be ahead of something and then somebody like, well, you know this person did this.
Speaker 2: And I thought that they implied it was her.
Speaker 3: I think so, not in every situation, obviously. Now I'm just saying not in every but typically you should, yeah, you should, like people have to step down from their positions all the time.
Speaker 2: Of corporations.
Speaker 5: Because she's the corrupt head of the Justice Department, I can see why that that would absolutely make sense that she wouldn't have to pay any consequences.
Speaker 1: And yeah, I think you know her her daughter being in this experimental porno film. I think you know, it was kind of a thing that was lingering with her too. I thought she was trying to hide that. That's what I thought.
Speaker 3: I thought she's like, this is a sensitive case because of that, and I'm.
Speaker 2: In this position. That's what I was thinking, and I don't want anybody to see my daughter doing this stuff.
Speaker 3: I think I thought that's what it was kind of like on some.
Speaker 2: Some body, and ship is that not what it was? Was something different?
Speaker 3: Well, he's saying that he had her killed, Like that's that's going like to extream. I thought she was just trying to have it covered up so nobody could see it.
Speaker 2: Well, that's a good way to have it covered up. It's killer.
Speaker 4: Well, just get rid of the footage because she she was gonna tell somebody else if she didn't get That's why I feel.
Speaker 2: Like she wanted her kill. I feel like want to get exposed. I feel like the mom wanted the footage deleted.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So basically Amelia was was trying to expose her mom for covering up the small thing with the Cadillac converters. Because remember early in the beginning, when it was first introduced to March, the guy was on the television being interviewed and Perk whatever his name was, and then that the interviewer asked him about like the sort of collusion thing he was involved with. So it was a story that was kind of out and bubbling, and Amelia wanted to expose created the film to expose that collusion, and she believes her mother had been killing everyone connected to the film, but.
Speaker 2: March and Heally didn't believe him.
Speaker 1: This was after they found Amelia because she jumped on top of the car after they went to some hotel and rolled up and somebody was in there killing everybody at the hotel, which they looked out, and then they rode right back down the elevator and then she popped on the scene, shot him in the NFL and passed out, and they brought her back to the house.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah. There was too many like convenient moments in her for me.
Speaker 1: And then the black lady called and said Tally was the name Tally? I think it was a name Tally called. It was like, yeah, you know, Judas said, somebody's demanding one hundred K? Can't you come pick it up? That was the getting that, you know. They were like, oh yeah, we found Amelia. That was a getting out the house for John Boy to show up, who was supposed to be the doctor, and they went there.
Speaker 2: The money was fake.
Speaker 1: He fell asleep driving and that's how they found out the money was fake and they realized that, oh yeah, we've been had.
Speaker 2: So we went back to the house and then there was a shootout.
Speaker 1: Y'all like to shoot out between who John Boy?
Speaker 2: I mean, do I like to shoot out? I mean John Boy was loose, bro.
Speaker 3: He was I was like, he bought some big ship, so yeah, big ship, but didn't hit nothing.
Speaker 2: There's just a bunch of shooting and he just left without doing that, right, but.
Speaker 1: The police were on the way, so that's why he had the league. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The part for me is when he threw that girl.
Speaker 3: Like was that was I was like, god damn. But did he say it was like you like, did you hear that? He said, yeah, girl, that was the coldest ship for me. That was colding it and shooting and he.
Speaker 2: Just whipped the gun out his That was was Oh, man, believe you did that. I could the window. She was down for the count.
Speaker 1: Yeah, mm hmm, yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm with you, like, because there were a couple of times. I mean, he has an automatic weapon, bru, and.
Speaker 2: He should have hit something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he should have at least hit uh March because he wasn't even ducking down across.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So I don't know. It's but it's movies, you know.
Speaker 1: I think what got me and what really kind of confused me was when Amelia, refusing to listen, got up, left ran and he's driving down the car and uh and she was like, hey, I need help, Mike eyes that they actually killed Amelia off.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I didn't expect that me either.
Speaker 5: Yeah, when when he shot her through the window, I was like, oh, she's probably not dead.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's point blank. Who do you say? What did he say? Wow? Something like that, like I can't believe my luck. Yeah, yeah, it was funny. Yeah, all that ship right just smashed stuff. That was crazy. I was not expecting that either.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and all this happened, by the way, I guess I want to ask real quick, because we're basically near the end of the film.
Speaker 2: Was he the world's worst detective? As his daughter said, No, no, because he figured it out.
Speaker 1: He got the west, he got the hotel ship wrong. He just stumbled onto it, he said, Tampa with greatness. Sometimes.
Speaker 2: No, he was fine. He just drank too much exactly, That's what that's my point. Well, yeah, he did figure out that.
Speaker 1: The lady that hired him initially saw that she was watching the film found it and that's what we was like, Oh yeah, we're great at the tenth huh.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that part was actually pretty cool because I was not expecting that. But she kept saying I saw my daughter through the window, and he figured out, like, yeah, someone was in here watching a movie, you know, on the projector.
Speaker 2: That was that was pretty cool. It was that was clever. Yeah, yeah, because you had they had you doubt.
Speaker 5: For a minute, like, wait, is the big breasted woman just is she alive somewhere?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 5: I still don't know that they really explained or maybe they did not, just didn't pay attention what actually happened to her, because like, was she fucking in the car and they why was she out butt naked?
Speaker 3: I don't know, didn't they never explain. I think it was just some mob ship. I think they probably just put her in the vehicle and drove it down off of heel.
Speaker 2: They put in their vehicle with no with no shirt on. Yeah, to make any that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Misty was the one that was that was a mister does bro. You were close, Yeah, yeah, jesus. So anyway, at the end of the movie, so now I'm like, all right, I don't really so she's dead.
Speaker 2: They were trying what are we doing here?
Speaker 1: So then you have they were showing the movie at this Las Vegas show and then you have another shootout. Older guy and heal were fighting again no no march and he fell off the balcony and he fell in the pool, and yeah.
Speaker 2: The end left a lot to be desired.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree. I was like, that's it. Like he just gets the roll of film and it's so, well, then.
Speaker 4: What happened to the mom? Did they ever show that? They never show anything happened to the mom. We talked about her because it happened to the mom.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the cop fire, but they were one side of the chairs and she was on the other side of the chair.
Speaker 2: Also, she did get arrested.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she was saying that it was Detroit that wanted Amelia dad, not her. So maybe that kind of clears up whether or not she wanted to kill her daughter or not.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying. I don't think she wanted to kill her daughter. I think that it was just two things happening.
Speaker 1: But she lying though, because she said she hired Marching he Ley to keep her safe.
Speaker 2: She sent the doctor over there, right John to the house.
Speaker 1: She said, Yeah, unless Tally was unless the black girl was lying, talent was lying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, No, didn't the mom didn't. They didn't they tell her they found the girl. And the mom was like, I'm going to send the family doctor.
Speaker 2: That's what I thought.
Speaker 1: That's what the talent, that's what Tally. But we didn't hear it directly from the morning. So the assistant could have been lying the whole time. They just weren't clear. But I still think the mom was behind it. To I don't think them and they, Yeah.
Speaker 5: I forgot Tally was an actress. Y'all probably watched America's Next Top Model. Yeah that was yeah, yeah, yeah, I totally forgot she was in the movies. She's good and she was good this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm getting this wrong. She's she's not the one in the Marble? Is it in the mone and what mar No that's male, yeah, y'all, no, no, no, no, no, no, not mister Marvel. But she plays the black who's the black girl that plays in Missus Marvel?
Speaker 2: She was in the You talk about Monica Rambo, that's definitely not Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they don't even look alike as racist as hell, I said, I started, I started.
Speaker 2: I'm thank god they ain't Asian. They look like they don't many. I don't think it's closed. One was darker, this was skinny, and one, yeah, one super skinny. You look at the pictures. Monica Rambo is not skinny.
Speaker 3: It was Monica Rambo to who's the who's the actress?
Speaker 2: But anyway, yeah, so that that's it.
Speaker 1: Patreon, Uh I really want to know why you guys voted for this one. I'm kind of curious to see. I didn't particularly care for it. I don't think I missed anything by not having ever watched the film.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. I want to know what the cult is. Why is there a cult felling for this movie? Why? Yeah? Yeah? But anyway, any other final thoughts, Hell, y'all can have this ship. It should be like a rating system or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, anyway, man, We'll leave it there.
Speaker 2: Man, We'll gotch you guys. Next time. We got peace