Speaker 1: The Frames per Second Podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the Frames per Second Podcast, where we are reviewing Apple Plus TV show made by Vince Gilligan from Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul Plurists. I'm not at home. I am here with I am here with Ken.
Speaker 3: I don't know what show that was was that season two said? Is how you say it?
Speaker 2: Clarabus? This show don't deserve to be pronounced right but jam, but we're getting how everybody feels about it again.
Speaker 3: I'm here with Ken.
Speaker 2: Mike Rod, I will throw it to you first, Rod, what did you think about pluebris?
Speaker 4: When I think about Claribus, I'm with I thought it was fun like like I didn't. I wasn't mad about because I had I had to just go ahead and pay for Apple Apple Plus for a month or whatever because we were out of our trial. Because I think they watched something. So I just had to just I just bought it for a month. So I've been trying to watch as much Apple t Plus TV ship. Just let me know what I need to watch. I sat to watch Studio, okay, so let's let me know what I need to watch while I have it right now, huh.
Speaker 2: I'll send you something the last part of my top teen with all Apple TV shows.
Speaker 4: M hmm, okay, you're four out of five, okay, okay, yeah, yeah, you know I noticed that the stick it was on there. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, give.
Speaker 3: Me something, yeah, because I am trying to utilize it.
Speaker 2: It's a good Jackson. It's a good Samuel Jackson series. You don't like the Samuel Jackson show.
Speaker 4: Watch I saw that, yeah, yeah, shrinking right, all right? Yeah, so but nah, I didn't think it was bad. I thought it was interesting personally. I like kind of like End of the World type shows or movies, you know.
Speaker 3: And that's what this is. What this felt like.
Speaker 4: I had a you know, a bit of a melancholia feel to it. So yeah, I was interested. I was interested to see what was going on here or whatever. But I'll get more into it as we go through the review. Ken, what'd you think?
Speaker 1: Overall? I think I ended up disappointed. I mean, I think on other shows or episodes, like watching the first couple of episodes, I was hyped for it. I was like, oh man, this ship is gonna be crazy. But I forgot Vince got Vince Gilligan does it shows and he just drags everything else. I had to stop watching him because I'm like, we're doing absolutely nothing to set up something two or three seasons later, and it's like, I don't have time for all that ship. So I stopped watching it so I could binge it. And then when I was binging it, it was like okay, okay, okay, and then uh, that was a real emotional moment later on. But then finally got to the end, I was like, Okay, good way to end it. But then we spent a whole lot of time just kind of getting to that point, which you know, yeah, I don't know, man, it was. It was disappointing. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I can't imagine not beinging this personally. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't have probably have been enjoyed before me if I if I had to watch this.
Speaker 1: So this comes out week, this comes out. It's a week to week show, bro. You know interesting, I did concept thought the whole nine It's just that. Yeah, it's it's I wait for two or three seasons out and then watch.
Speaker 2: Stick.
Speaker 3: M h.
Speaker 2: Sorry, do you like me? You like Vince though?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: No, you don't like Vince Gilley.
Speaker 3: I don't give a shit about Breaking Bad. I think it was. Yeah, I'm not one of those people that thinks that's one of the best shows ever made. I think it's a fine show. But I haven't watched Breaking Call Better Better, Better Call Sau. I haven't watched that, But this wasn't bad. It was just fucking dull, unbelievably dull, that's all. And maybe that was the point, but I don't know. Go ahead, so I'm not alone. I'm one hundred percent wood can sit. I tried watching the first two when it came out, and it's like, okay, because.
Speaker 2: I know I Vis Gillig can tell the stories extremely So I had the same problem with Better Call Salt, and I think that's one of the best shows and ever picked up three seasons in. And that's exactly what scared me about this. As I was watching, so I do like you did, and I stopped and I said, I just let my all ben show. And then as I'm binging it, I was just bored, Like I started scrolling my phone like there was nothing going on. But I'm giving Vince the benefit of the doubt because I know it's how he does it shows. But as far as this as an individual season, I would can't. I would lift this build up for three seasons before I get back into this. It just wouldn't uneventful.
Speaker 4: I only felt that way towards the ladder, like towards the end, like I was just like, okay, yeah, these a little bit of a drag, but you know, it pulled me in because I really wonder like the concept of it not technically being an alien evasion or whatever, but just like some sort of like wave like virus type of situation that's basically taking over these these bodies. I'm wondering, like, what the hell is going on here?
Speaker 2: That's interesting, and I do wonder what's going on, But I think the difference in the other show is where you could deal with somewhat. That's the pace that he has. They're more interesting characters. Carol just wasn't. I didn't give a fuck about Carrol. I didn't want to spend that much time with her, and it was just draging off hud Is doing mundane stuff. I'm like, bro, come on, So yeah, it was. It was really really slow, painfully slow for me. I like Caro. I thought she was funny.
Speaker 4: I thought she had like like really good comedic timming.
Speaker 3: Like I thought, is she a comedian?
Speaker 2: She was good like that in The Better Costs All? She was actually better actually, But I don't know that just drug like every time when she made the phone call, like I didn't want to hear her recording everything.
Speaker 3: I didn't find it funny, but I think it was intentional. I don't think it was supposed to be funny. I think it was just supposed to kind of just push the idea of the mundane parts of Like. I actually didn't mind that that they made us hear the fucking the handswering machine thing every single time.
Speaker 2: I hated that.
Speaker 3: But the show itself, it was just there's not enough going on to where I care.
Speaker 2: Yeah, agreed, all right? So the first episode was called We Is Us and Carol or Romantics a romance novelist. She watched the world fall apart as an extraterrestrial virus sweeps humanity into a collective hive mine the others all while she remains immune. She loses her partner Helen and the chaos and learned that there are dozens other like her. What'd you guys think about this first episode of learning about the virus and how it took people's mind over and things like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it pulled me in immediately, like, uh, especially the scene outside where it was no one, like it was just quiet and they just talking and don't even realize like he ain't no type of activity going on right now, and they go in there the motherfuckers like twitching and ship.
Speaker 3: Like Michael, Yo, what she did was way worse than what I just did. Motherfuckers. What's and what's up? What these motherfuckers doing all this shit?
Speaker 4: But but nah, yeah, I was like, oh man, what the fuck is going on? You know what I'm saying. So, and I was wondering, like why why isn't she affected?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 4: So yeah, that that was enough for me to be like, okay, yo, this this is really interesting.
Speaker 3: So nah, and and I like, uh, the idea of.
Speaker 4: Them not wanting to hurt a harm and be they accommodating you to someone, It's just like, okay, this is because you know, that's not how you would think of an invasion or whatever you would think that.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: I think they had that one movie I Come In Piece. You know y'all remember that ship I Come In Piece, the movie called I'm Coming Peace. I remember the name of he's the all way he did like some cards, he's like lasers or some ship.
Speaker 3: It was old eighties movies.
Speaker 4: It's called I'm come in peace, but he would say it, but he will kill you. It's like, oh, I come in peace and then he'll kill you or whatever. But this is like no, no, they actually are saying that they're coming, like basically, no, we you know, we don't want to harm you. We actually just want the best for you. I was like, oh, that's interesting.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I thought that was that was good that they were lying though, aren't they But you're saying that they're lying, but it hasn't shown that.
Speaker 1: They're lying yet. You know, I don't know. I think, you know, as we go on, there's I don't know. I think that the way they invaded everybody was very very forceful and against their will. So to Spike's point, they were what is that a lot? I don't know because nobody consented. It wasn't until later, And I think maybe they're this way now because there are people they can't get so now it's all about consent. But either way, I think they did a good job of like I think you did a good job of selling it, you know, off real, this idea of these people being one hive mind, you know, like the board from Star Trek. You know, so I was all on board. Just how you set it up. You know, you see everything happening. They go to the bar and you see people drinking stuff and in the water and stuff like that, and going out, and the wreck happening, and her driving to the hospital I don't know where like it. It was a good setup. I thought was in for hell of a show.
Speaker 2: Say, I was on the same page as you thought. Okay, this is good. I know Vince is good. I'm interested to see what happens. It's just too painfully slow.
Speaker 3: Mike, what you say first episode, I was on board before I get into what I think about what's going on. I'm still confused about what happened to the wife. Why did she die? Did she died from the fall? What fall?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: She felt flat back? Like is that what kills her?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I'm just I'm just saying no.
Speaker 2: I think it's just eleven million people died as they doing it. Yeah, they did it, So she was just one of the people.
Speaker 1: That didn't work.
Speaker 3: I see, Okay, I was so confused all the way up until the end. I was like, I don't understand why she didn't just become one of the aliens.
Speaker 4: And I think they're still trying to reveal that part, like while others died.
Speaker 2: She asked him how many people died in order for you to do this? And she said they first, and then she was like eleven million or something world.
Speaker 1: And I think it was something to do with her physically as well.
Speaker 3: See, yeah, that's what I thought too. They amplied that there was something going on with her health wise, but I just I couldn't put it together, maybe because it was so fucking boring, But first episode I was like, Okay, this is interesting, but I think and I'm probably wrong because y'all haven't mentioned it yet, but I feel like, okay, this is a metaphor. Yeah I didn't get Ai, but the whole idea of you know, we think we know what's best for you, and we're gonna force what we think is best for you onto you. Who does that sound like Maga Venezuela. I give you a hint. So I was like, Okay, is this whole thing going to be about like a big metaphor for fucking America. I don't know if that's what they're going for, but if that is, then I it didn't really work for me that well. But that's kind of what I felt like after the first episode. I was like, Oh, so there, they think they know what's best for everybody, so they're pushing this idea forcefully onto them of everybody just assimilating, and there's the one person that refuses to assimilate. So they're constantly yelling at this person. And what's that wrong?
Speaker 4: She was like, I took care of as the representation of every entitled white woman.
Speaker 3: I told her I was episodes of a white woman be in a Carrien. I got the opposite of that. Yeah, because she's right. I'm not saying she's wrong, per se.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying the way you know, I'm not gonna take your vaccine, don't force this vaccine on me, Like, like you see what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: That's how I took her. I didn't get I'm not going to take your vaccine. Well, I mean, now that you're saying it out loud, I guess I kind of see, but I don't. I don't know that that's what they were going for. That's how she looked to me. I was constantly behind her the whole time. I was like, yeah, I'm with you. I don't I never got entitled. I got like, she literally sees that this is fucked up what y'all are doing and you're removing. Damn. That does sound like that does sound like an title caring. It does. But but but I.
Speaker 4: Feel what you're saying at the same time as far as like the you know, the free will and all that type of stuff.
Speaker 3: Like that's what they say about the vaccine. I know I didn't connect it. I know, I know didn't line. I think it's I think it's a thin line, and I agree with you.
Speaker 2: She wasn't wrong, it was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it did sound like you're not going to force this on me. Damn. I did not connect that.
Speaker 4: And that's in the fact that she was a white woman doing it. That's what that's why I connected it that way.
Speaker 2: Y'all think y'all will react to the same way that Carol did. Hell yeah, yeah, I think so.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: Look peace, don't get me wrong, but not but world peace in the sense of like just everybody get y'all shipped together. And I know, hive mind ship but like, you know, I want everybody to still have their own individuality.
Speaker 3: But just you know, just be kind.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, well because even because think about all the people that's part of it, they can't get out, they can't disconnect from the hoigh mine, even if they wanted to, because they no longer have their own. Yeah, it's a rap. Everybody's the same.
Speaker 4: Like the idea of it is, it's good, but the actual thing that's happening isn't.
Speaker 3: Yeah you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so yeah, and.
Speaker 4: That's what I thought the writing was good on here, because you know it, you know, some of it kind of made her. I don't think it ever made a second guess herself, but it did make it makes the viewer be like, h would I do that? You know what I'm saying, Like like the question you just asked, because he's talking about no killings, no war, none of these things anymore.
Speaker 2: You got full access to everything.
Speaker 3: Full access to everything.
Speaker 4: Yeah no, No, money is not race and color is not a thing anymore. Like all of these things sound great. Oh, socialism, all of these things sound great, but not in this scenario when you're taking up a bodyes and not when you're taking.
Speaker 1: Over bodies.
Speaker 3: Like that, because he would have been that nasty motherfucker with Autumn Hose.
Speaker 2: I definitely would have.
Speaker 3: Yeah, h.
Speaker 2: Listen, everybody know what we've been doing.
Speaker 3: As long as long as you're good, it's don't matter.
Speaker 1: There's a whole billions of trillions of people nobody was good. Well, there's a lot of people that have become part of the High Mind and they know everything about every single person.
Speaker 3: Right, So as long as you're good at fucking, you ain't gonna worry about it.
Speaker 1: Oh that's.
Speaker 3: Stop dude saying you're pedophile. Take this out. You know what I'm saying, you're a pedal. Stop. Oh Jesus, I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Episode two is called so inm Pirate Lady God Carol attend me with the other Moon immune individuals and she clashes with them because Midy have accepted their faiths and they have as an offer of peace, while her anger and refusal to assimulate them causes tension. What did y'all think about the meeting with the rest of the immune people? Y'all think that she was overreacting or were.
Speaker 3: They They were over like they weren't even listening to her.
Speaker 2: They was cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they were being stupid. She every step of them. I was like, she's right, though, y'all, why are y'all acting like this? You know that's not your fucking kid. You know that's not your child.
Speaker 1: But very similarly, we see people do that and zombie shows, you know, with the dad and stupid then too. Yeah, yeah, yeah, So I read it that way, like this is the only way that I can hang on to them, So I'll take it, because you know, I missed them, you know, and I think that they just gave in. I think she was right. I don't know why they refused to listen. I get the mom with the child and the family. She had a reason why. I get the guy because he had everything, you know, so he for him, this is a the world is wide open. He got woman, he got money, he got whatever he wants. So he gets the benefit of the hive mind without being in the high mind, you know. So, but she was absolutely right, and then she just killed a bunch of people with her anger too, you know. So there was some resentment built up for.
Speaker 3: That that was happening. Why they were why they were acting different than Carol. Oh in their mind. I'll wait till we get that episode. This is the episode m h. It reveals it later on, and I was.
Speaker 4: Like, oh, I get it, but they all had their reasons though, right, we'll get there.
Speaker 2: What's the alternative though, Like I could see that I can understand that Carol is right, but I'm sure they looking at it like Okay, well, what are we gonna do? It's either like what are you gonna kill yourself? Like you can't change the Bible?
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it took over, so they ain't no need you bitching about.
Speaker 3: But it's also that situation of like, you know, you sit in America and America is doing funck shit, and either you know it's funck shit and you operate accordingly, or you act like it's not functionhit and you just blending with the functionhit. That's how That's why I didn't think of a Carol as a as a Karen, even though I get Rod's point, but she was like, why are y'all pretending that this is okay? And at the time, I don't think Carol knew that there was no way back. I think her anger, her frustration was the fact that they weren't even trying to fight. They were just like, Okay, well, this is how it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they just gave up, right you know?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, because she's like, that's not your son, right, No, that's not your family member, Like yeah.
Speaker 2: All right. So in episode three is called Grenade. In this episode, it consists of a flashback that shows Carol and Helen before joining, before the joining, and then in the present it shows Carol's frustration boils over, at least to what you said, Mike, a dangerous confrontation with Zosa that ends in a grenade explosion.
Speaker 3: What was it, lady name? This is what she asked for, the bomb, the greade, the grenade because he hadn't talked about to this point, right, No, we haven't.
Speaker 1: But you were thinking about the atomic bomb.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when she asked for the a bomb and they said we'll give it.
Speaker 1: To yes, she asked if with yeah, if I asked for one, would.
Speaker 2: You bring They were like, yeah, yeah, we have to. But basically we say we got to do everything. You say, What did you guys think about this episode? The flashback, Carrol's frustration and killing two million people?
Speaker 3: I think they said this was I it was fine, It was fine. At this point is when I started losing interest though. This is when it got slow. Yes, slow, Yes, I don't think that.
Speaker 2: One of the great things again about Vince when he bis these world is just so many different characters in them.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I don't think them isolating her for two three episodes and all the people that was the worst idea, I feel like, because I didn't need to be alone with her that long.
Speaker 1: But I think we y'all are one hundred percent right. Howard really spotlight what he was going through, and that's the issue that he had, is like, we spent so much time with her, we see her isolation, we start to feel and understand what she's going through, but we're also part of it too, Like we're like, shit, we don't want to spend that much time with you either.
Speaker 3: See why they left you damn.
Speaker 1: Trying to fucking d mine give us something to talk about. But you know, so I think you know, of course very much. So had to be intentional to really drive on the point, which again I understand, it just doesn't make for a good show after a while. It's just like bro like, you know, which is why I think they did a good job of adding the the guy, but they took too long to get him into the fold or everything while they spent time really breaking her down. As we'll get to the Spanish guy. Yeah, but with with this particular one, I think it really showed that the how dangerous this hove mind concept could be when they brought her dash with grenade, you know, and she didn't realize like or they didn't realize that they had that that that was dangerous. It was like, all right, well, if you asked, we'll give it to you. And they showed the flaws of being part of a hove mine without any sort of guardrails in place. You know, they could probably even though they know the dangers, they could probably easily kill them. But I don't think they can kill themselves. But it seemed like it.
Speaker 3: Said they can't flick home on themselves or others.
Speaker 1: Right, So what happens if they realized that grenade is harmful and can be used to kill, would they not comply with the order? You know, I don't know, but I was still on board with this episode. You know, I'm still like waiting for things to develop, because I thought more things were going to come around with this other group that are out there, these these mutants that they were at some point would realize that their way is in the right way, and they were perform some sort of rebellion ro I will say you, yeah, my mom wasn't going there.
Speaker 4: I just took the show for what it was and just was just like just you know, waiting it out with them. I like, I can, I can appreciate this type of storytelling if it's slow or whatever, because I think it you're you're meant to feel kind of like what she's going through in a sense.
Speaker 1: And I didn't have a problem sitting in that. Again, I just found it interesting.
Speaker 4: I'm just waiting for them to just change up or switch up, and they just never do. They stay consistent on their mission. But yeah, like Kim was saying, like, yeah, it just sets it sets you up for later, like to the breakdown, right, and you feel it. To me, you feel it more because you you kind of go through these little mundane moments with her and see her at first being okay with being by herself being alone, like fuck it, I'll just learned.
Speaker 3: Life this way.
Speaker 4: But it shows that you know, we need human connection, we need we need these things, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So for her not to have that, it'll break down the.
Speaker 4: Most headstrong person in the world, you know what I'm saying to you know, then't want some sort of interaction.
Speaker 1: And you know, and they were trying to say that she is a miserable, miserable person, you know.
Speaker 2: So you know, I think that's what irritated me about her the most, is she was making herself more miserable by just focusing on this. But I do agree with what you two are saying, because at first, when I'm watching it, I'm thinking, like, man, i'ld have been going to do this and going to do that, and going all these places and doing all these things. But then they really honed in on but you still just by yourself, like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well she's the person that don't like people that no longer have people. It's just like so you kind of get your wish, but you you needed people around.
Speaker 3: I think she would have been fine if her partner was still around.
Speaker 1: I think she would have been.
Speaker 2: Which is why she turned later to that, like she started looking at their girls, like what I.
Speaker 1: Was fucked up by them, which was manipulative to to send somebody that looks exactly or similar to her your dream essentially.
Speaker 4: But see, they thought they were trying to make her happy though, but it didn't look like her I don't know.
Speaker 3: Character from the book, but they were trying to make her happy.
Speaker 1: Though. She's like, we're sorry if this is not what you think that's what they were doing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm with Ken. This is manipulation's toxic nice niceness. That's why you like it so large. But it's like, now, I think they were trying to like, how can.
Speaker 2: We get her to open up to us? Manipulation?
Speaker 3: This manipulation right, it's like, how can we get her to join us? Is more so what I think they were doing. For sure.
Speaker 4: I think y'all are y'all are right. But I do like the writing of it because one could be like, oh.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: We had these little flashes of the guy that was I guess he was.
Speaker 3: I don't know where he was, but he could have stayed there, He should have stayed there.
Speaker 2: But he's doing this radio signal thing and he's getting these feedback.
Speaker 3: Did that interest you guys at all?
Speaker 1: No? No, because I'm like, okay, that'll be later. You know, you're just giving us, you know, just a little bit like who is that guy? What is he doing?
Speaker 4: I did think it was interesting that he was more relentless than Carol.
Speaker 2: I think he was, And it started to seem obvious where they were gonna go with him. He's eventually gonna go meet Carrol.
Speaker 1: Wh why? I think it was also stupid about him, like here's another person that's not part of the high mind, that's just like you, and you don't want to talk to them. Why not?
Speaker 3: He thought she didn't know. He didn't.
Speaker 2: He thought she told him, but he thought everybody had switched.
Speaker 3: It was into the tape.
Speaker 2: He hadn't even talked to anyone and realized that he he thought he was the only person left.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because he didn't know it was twelve or thirteen high verymen. He was he didn't know any of that because he didn't. He ain't fuck with them.
Speaker 2: At all, nobody because even that lady was his mom, right, they kept drop that was his mom.
Speaker 3: He was like, He's like, yeah, my mom was a piece, like it was a bitch or something. He said, Like I was like, damn, is that the episode we're on?
Speaker 2: We're on episode four, which is pleased Carol. Here, Carol seeks answers whether the joining is reversible. She tests the truth serum on Zosa to uncover deeper truths, but the others resist and complications escalate from there. What did you think about her method to trying to get the truth out of her by Carol's method.
Speaker 3: It made it made sense. It was kind of foul because she was all fucked up in the hospital bed, but yeah, I'd have done the same thing at this point, I'm not fucking loyal to you yet, so yeah, I'm a drug you and get you to tell me the truth. I was surprised at that work.
Speaker 1: Why.
Speaker 2: It just seemed like it it kind of did it really caught herself right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, and then and then the high mind came when they realized what was happening.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it would have worked if they wouldn't have showed up.
Speaker 2: You had done the same thing.
Speaker 3: You.
Speaker 1: Well, the other question is did they feel threatened by what was going on and that's why they intervened. I think that was great, And I'm still into the show because I'm like, now we're getting somewhere. Now we're going to start getting some answers to what's going on, and they just wropped the ball from here. But uh, this was this was a good episode. And the way they walked up all still polite and pleasant and ship like that, but still also look threatening and you know, uh, menacing in this weird sort of way. It was just like, man, what the hell is going on? But they were like, man, hey, you don't win too goddamn far.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what I was gonna say. They didn't look as polite as time. They looked concerned at time, like they didn't look as they wore.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It was a little bit of stop Carrol stop. Yeah, but they just left like her.
Speaker 3: They packed up everything, cut the lights out, was dope.
Speaker 1: That was the whole.
Speaker 2: Like everything that was interesting, it was it was. It was interesting in the storytelling aspect, But I don't think that the way that they played it out it wasn't interesting, because then that's when we get all this time with her a long when she's just not doing anything. They it could have been more interesting.
Speaker 3: I think, See, this is the yeah I'm with you, I'm just saying I'm right with you. This is like, bro, I want to speak down the hill. But this is also when I was like, oh, I see what's going on with with Carol and why she changed her mind? What happened so is this is this the episode where Zosha comes back or is that the next one?
Speaker 1: Well, so I think it's what it's non total, it's nine episode so five six because she finds the food. I'm sorry, Spike, you hoston, no go ahead, because I think these next three are kind of all this together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the next three pretty much done. Happens. She finds out what their nutrient source is with that milk, with the human in there, the wolves, the.
Speaker 3: Wolves I didn't understands. I didn't give a fuck about either, but the human eating human parts. I was like, Okay, now we're gonna go somewhere. Psych didn't.
Speaker 2: It didn't.
Speaker 3: It went fucking nowhere. It went fucking nowhere.
Speaker 2: I thought it was a lot more sinister. Yeah, it was just like some normal stuff.
Speaker 4: And then so what I liked that they had an answer for that too. Yeah, they had seen everything of all things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 1: Funny it it went nowhere. And I was with you guys, are like, oh, ship, we're about to get some ship because it easily it was obviously a body in there or something. But they made it seem like the way they did it was a not moral way, but it was the best way they can do it without violating the rules.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so they would never let you, will never make you injustice if it's it's totally up to you.
Speaker 1: But she would need to if she's part of the hog mind in order to live. Yeah, she's part of high mind. But now she's herself, right.
Speaker 4: So Yeah, I like this part because I feel like, I won't say troupe, but I feel like that's what we would expect, right, expect like, oh, yeah, they're eating people whateverever. So the fact that they were able to even debunk that as well, I was like, damn, they are really writing.
Speaker 2: The ship out this story to me, Yeah, that was very detailed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're only eating people that die, yeah, you know, from natural cause or whatever the causes are. But the fact that you can't even pick apple.
Speaker 2: It can't harm any living things crazy, that's stupid.
Speaker 4: The argument that I'm sure he has with people the whole like plants are living all of that stuff, like, you know, So they even tackled that, That's what I'm saying, Like they were tackling a lot of things that people say, and I'm just like, oh, they're really right there. I thought they were writing their ass off on this personally.
Speaker 1: But I think the thing is like, because now I got questions about this, like, how have you survived up to this point? Were you? Because you're what some type of parasite that needs a human host, but the human holes or the host they don't necessarily have to be human needs sustenance in order to stay alive. And if you don't harm anything, what have you done outside of this point?
Speaker 4: That's why they said that the resources are limited, which is why they only last for like ten years.
Speaker 3: They said they only live like ten more years. Yeah, but that just seemed that just seemed dumb because it was like, Okay, I get you can't harm anything, but what if you're what if you're discussing the idea of waste and apple will eventually just fall off the tree and rot it falls off? Is that what they said?
Speaker 1: They just can't pick it, but they can follow, But it's still still stupid. So an apple that falls off a tree.
Speaker 2: Is no longer living that Yeah, yes, it's not a text stid is.
Speaker 1: That what I'm saying? So, but think about before they in fact that the humans though, well, yeah, was this thing did it? Like? We don't know anything about it? There to come out of space. Was it created? So they came from where they.
Speaker 3: Came out of space. Remember, at the very beginning of the show, the guy was saying like, oh, we're getting a that's what the signal from five hundred light years away. So what did you do there? Maybe they didn't need sustenance. It only needs sustenance because it's joining with the human unties.
Speaker 2: They said that. They did say that they only need nutrition because there is a human form.
Speaker 4: That's what they're saying. It's not technically a virus virus. It's like just way host to you, like a host or something like that.
Speaker 1: And why the hell are you in the human body? Then if you.
Speaker 2: Don't, they said, they did all of it. Since they have mind, they get all of the research or whatever may be, and this was the best way that they could sustain their population.
Speaker 3: It's going to take over a human body and doing it that stupid? Agree, But did you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but because you're alien creature that comes to Earth, it's not a creature. You're an alien and you occupy this body. But wherever you came from you didn't need it. So your only way of surviving on Earth is to occupy a body, but you have a set of rules. So then I have questions about like wherever planet or wherever you came from, you didn't need that, Like, I don't know. I'm just now I'm going down all this rabbit hole of all these different sort of questions about it. Yeah, and we haven't gotten the rules or the reasons why it doesn't make sense.
Speaker 2: I think it's unacceptable from nine episodes not to have the answers, like at least a premise of it. Jesus, Like we just went through the whole thing. I just told us, Okay, this is what's going on. But to give us any answer, that's because you're.
Speaker 1: Putting off like we are a non violent entity and we've always been this way and that is our rules. So I don't know. Yeah, I understanding them wanting to conserve.
Speaker 4: Humans, like not harming them not you know, because then they would live longer because you know, you're protecting that human body to those.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's gonna die in ten years, whereas the human body would have lived longer than that. So you really made things worse.
Speaker 1: And is the enron? Is the earth environment not conducive to their regular Yeah, regular life form.
Speaker 3: I thought it was just because they couldn't eat, so they were I thought it was because, like they were, they were figuring out that if we continue eating the way we are, we're not gonna get get enough nutrients to keep because they also don't procreate, so they're not gonna have children. What is this? So yeah, so I think they're they're like, well, if we if we can't pick fruit, we can't eat it off the ground. We're factoring in if we keep doing that, we're only gonna last ten years because we don't have enough food. They said they didn't procreate. I'm pretty sure they said that.
Speaker 1: I and the human them, I don't think they'll be able to procreate.
Speaker 2: But I was just so, what if they, like the guy that had all the girls, what if he had sex with one of them and get them pregnant, they wouldn't be able to have a baby because of the natural human body functions still work. I'm assumed, Well, then pro create then, because it's what a lot of them, right, So it's safe to assume that, you know.
Speaker 1: A lot of them came here.
Speaker 3: It's all I thought it was all one. It's just no there, they're all one being. So it's not like a bunch of them came and they infected other bodies. I thought it was everything is one being, That's what I thought.
Speaker 2: She was explaining that the massage thing. She was like, we all share the same feeling.
Speaker 1: Like, no, I guess they all share that.
Speaker 2: But but you said, it's just one individual thing.
Speaker 1: Don't remember when it got out of whatever? Because that thing it got out of that and then she infected another person a person?
Speaker 3: Right, what thing are you talking about?
Speaker 1: So when they were running the experiments on it in the lab and it broke out of the lab and infected the first person.
Speaker 3: Why don't I remember that?
Speaker 2: What lab?
Speaker 1: Wherever they were at in some wherever because this at the beginning, this in the very first episode, and infected one of the scientists, and I forgot how it got out, but infected one of the scientists, and then she the scientists, infected the other scientists by kissing them. Oh I do so are we're saying that that the the way that called zero patient zero is the one that's controlling everything.
Speaker 3: That's how I.
Speaker 1: Took it, and that, oh okay.
Speaker 3: That's how I took it. The only one alien came to Earth, and that one alien was infecting people one by one and then they're all tied to a hive mind. That's how I understood it.
Speaker 1: But so it's not okay, okay, But.
Speaker 3: Maybe it's one hundred thousand of them came to Earth and they're all I don't know.
Speaker 1: That's what I was starting to think. But that's even crazy if it's one person that's controlling all of them. There's one alienk controlling all of them, so that would start to answer some questions.
Speaker 3: Anyway, you would love to have more content from frames per Second. Become a patron where you can contribute to what we review and discuss. Our Patreon gives the listeners the power to nominate and vote a monthly discussion in film review, while also nominating and voting on weekly solo reviews from each cast member. You also get the opportunity to vote on the publicly released anniversary film, all exclusive to our Patreon. So become a patron at patreon dot com frames per second, where there are two tiers you can choose from. That's patreon dot com Forward slash frames per Second. Episode six is HDP.
Speaker 2: This is when Carol goes to Vegas and she learns to disturbing truths, like we said about the diet and the other's existence. Did y'all like the other dude in Vegas, the James Bond will skip. Was he getting on your nerves with your annoying It was a good character when they were playing poke at the table. Don't break character, the brown guy.
Speaker 3: No, It's like, man, I mean, it was an interesting thing because I can see that's what a lot of men would do. But I just at this point I didn't care anymore. I was just like, I don't I don't care about any of this.
Speaker 1: After she looked into that thing and saw what I guess what it ended up being a body, I was like, you know what, I'm gonna just wait. I tapped out at that point, so I was out of there. So thank god I was, because oh my.
Speaker 2: God, bro, that's so I ran it because that's the exact place I stopped too. I'm not watching this. No move to this end like no, because we weren't doing ship you left. It were like, bro, come on, I would have wanted to see what Time would do in Vegas, just to see what he was up to. That would have been way entertaining than Carroll trying to figure this out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this whole thing with him, I think I think they could have used him more, you know, to break up the monotony of her just always just walking around, not saying it, not doing ship. But but no, it wasn't. It wasn't. I'm with Mike. You definitely would see people doing some wild ship like this. He had a plane, he had all kind of ship man week.
Speaker 2: It was funny. Also in this episode, Minosius, the guy who were talking about with the radio, he starts making his way towards Caro and he's insistent that he doesn't want any help in that he trucks through the Amazon jungle.
Speaker 1: Bro, I looked that place up.
Speaker 3: The clipped.
Speaker 2: It's crazy because you can't go it's nothing's there but like cartil and jungle roads or nothing.
Speaker 3: That's why it was fucking irritating, stupid because it's so big and it's like just let them take you. Yeah, I know he doesn't trust them and all that, but it was just like, Bro, you're seriously gonna walk through this.
Speaker 1: Jungle three days? I think I read it. It would take to walk that whole thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's not traveled, so it's dense and like it ain't no paths or anything like that. That was the only time I said, like, oh, ship in this when he that.
Speaker 3: Tree, that ship that was of course you did that, of course because she just said they said something about the fucking spikes or whatever in there. Of course you fall into the tree. It's like, all right, man, this isn't great writing to me.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I did like the dangers of that because I didn't know about that place, so that whole thing was interesting.
Speaker 2: That was that was smiling.
Speaker 3: I was thinking.
Speaker 4: I was like when they were saying, I was like, damn, you can't. Yeah, I ain't never hear nobody driving to fucking up South America.
Speaker 1: Was right there. It was you should have just taken them. But you know, but it's.
Speaker 4: Only because of that one part that you can't drive to South America. It's just because of that one.
Speaker 2: And they tried to build there, they said they tried to build there before. They just could not.
Speaker 1: Think that's interesting and that tree is real. I was like, that fucking tree is real, bro.
Speaker 3: You know what.
Speaker 4: It reminds me of like Life of Pie. Remember that, y'all. I've seen that, and like, how oh that ship is real? Like some of that stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so he of course gets himself. Like we said about the tree, he has to go to the hospital that tree and he pays for it. That he's just an episode seven the Gap, and this is where Carol is struggling with depression. Where the hell he get all this money from? He wrote, I owe you a nigga can be paid. He wrote down eye such and money.
Speaker 3: At first.
Speaker 1: He's putting money on people's vehicles at first, but that was for gas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this was like seven thousand dollars he said. Yeah, they said.
Speaker 2: He was like, I owe you eye such and such. Owe you seven thousand such and such dollar. That's what he wrote at the bottom.
Speaker 1: Of the paper. Mm hmm. This was the one where they broke Carol.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was struggling with depression. Fireworks seemed to help. She left the one file right by her head for some reason, and then she goes to get the paint and she says, come back, what y'all thin?
Speaker 1: So marknestion to you guys, is was this her asking? Well, I guess we've showing her emotional response to it, but it seemed like I was wondering if she did this to get more information on them, or if she really broke.
Speaker 2: I thought she genuinely broke. She was like I think she was just genuinely lonely, like it just was subbering from Cavin Peeve and just like being by herself.
Speaker 1: You don't think she was manipulating them.
Speaker 2: Once they got there. I think that she understood she could get information in a different way than she was trying to at first, so she started kind of like leaning into that. But I think originally the comeback message was I just need to be around some people. Then when she started being more open to the girl and she started learning stuff like just through random conversation, I think it became more poignant that she wanted to learn more.
Speaker 1: I think it was more about the girl.
Speaker 4: She didn't care because, like you said earlier, she don't care about being around people.
Speaker 3: I think it just she wants a companion.
Speaker 4: But in order to get that companion, everybody has to come back, and she's willing to sacrifice everybody coming back just to be able to get that one companion.
Speaker 3: It's what I thought, what'd you think I think she's being drugged. I think she's being drugged, and I think that's that's why because she wouldn't eat their food. She was making her own food. Once she gets all dressed up and she goes out for that night on the town by herself and she eats the food they made. It seems like that's when the shift started. So I started thinking when you look back at the earlier episodes, Remember they kept focusing on the fact that that Columbian guy would not eat their food. Whenever they would bring food, he kept pushing it over. I think that there's something in the food. Everybody else is eating the food and drinking the drinks, and I think that whatever is in that food is placating those people and making them more susceptible to accepting. These people in Carol refused to eat it until this episode. So I was like, Oh, so there's something in this food that's making them Because I was like, why is he so like the guy so defiant, And then when they showed the guy being the Manudo's guy, whatever his name is, And then when they showed the pimp dude, I was like, Oh, he's just doing whatever. He's drinking all the drinks they make. Because they kept focusing on minute shit. They kept focusing on, like the alien people making the drinks and then bringing it over and they would focus on the drink being put on the table. So I think that they were drugging the drinks and it's some kind of like, you know, something in the in the drinks to make them more comfortable being part of this hive mind. So yeah, it was probably loneliness too, and it was partly she kind of has like a weird crush on this girl. But the way she broke down, I was like, ah, nah, there's something in that fucking food.
Speaker 2: Do you think she just missed the girl reminded her of her wife and she missed her.
Speaker 3: I don't think the girl reminded her of her wife, because she didn't look nothing like her wife, she didn't act nothing like her wife. I think that she wanted a companionship, of course, because she's been alone. But I think that her being alone and actively eating whatever the fuck they were giving her made her change a bit, especially in the next episode, because then we see she's really just kind of going all in.
Speaker 2: Based on Vince's history that that is a really good point because he did that twice in Breaking Back. Well, he would show something and you're like, how fuck are you showing this plant out of nowhere and then walk used a plant to kill somebody. Well, they would show the lady doing a little Splendor packet and Walt had snuck some poison in the Splendor packet after she was drunk it. So that makes sense what you're saying, because he definitely uses it.
Speaker 1: Huh, question for you for everybody? I guess would that violate the rules though?
Speaker 3: M because they think that it's toxic niceness. They think that.
Speaker 2: Drug her being them, being one of them is better than her being.
Speaker 1: But drugging someone, you're intentionally alternating their mind state to go along with your wishes them removes Yeah, but at that point, now for the people that left, they need their consent because they're immon.
Speaker 3: But they lied about that. They remember that because when we see at the end they didn't really, So that last episode makes you question if they've been lying about shit the whole fucking time or just like stretching the truth or just like gaslighting into making you think like, oh, this is what we meant, but you just kind of took it that way. So yeah, like everything that they're doing to me is just like we think we know what's best for you. And if you aren't going to agree with what we want to do, we're going to trick you into agreeing with what we want you to do.
Speaker 1: I think that when she went to the dinner and she looked around and there was nobody there, she got dressed up, she probably remember what life was like when everybody was there, and I think that's when she started to break and then cracked and asked them to come back. And I'm like, what the fuck is she doing with the paint? Uh? And I was, yeah when she painted, I was, but I ain't. I'm not gonna lie. I was disappointed when she I was like, bruh, you broke. She broke. Yeah, I'm like, what you're supposed to be like, like you're fighting against them, you kill people, you're angry, you're mad at everybody. But it's isolationism, Like she's just completely isolated. The only thing she got are wolves and fireworks and fireworks and singing songs to herself.
Speaker 3: Wait, why were the why were the wolves alive?
Speaker 2: Well, they couldn't do animals, remember, because I.
Speaker 3: Thought all the animals died too.
Speaker 2: Could remember she took him when oh, that's right, that's right.
Speaker 3: I'm never mind I just I'm confusing that with the movie where they were sleeping at with all the beds where there was a dog there. I was confusing that with with We Bear the Dad that I just watched. That was the rule in that movie.
Speaker 2: Anyway, speaking of the animals, y'all see they lie about that because she was like, y'all take pits too, was like, well, only if they won't leave.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the owner the owner side. But in that last episode when they overtook that girl, the little baby, the goat was trying to stay with her, but they left the goat.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that was sad. It was stat like that.
Speaker 2: So you remember the last episode open wanted to actually turn, Yeah, and then the goat was with her and they left that. They just left the goat once she turned. So and I found that were interesting too, just to get into the last episode, how all of those people there were infected and then they were going through that practice of you know what she usually does just because she hadn't been one, and as soon as they converted her, they all left, right.
Speaker 1: So going back real quick, just one. I think the reason why she started to get more information and intel on them is because she went to that diner that they built, and she started to see the person that the waitress that was working there. She was like, so, I think that's when she started to say, Okay, now y'all still full of shit, so I'm not with all this shit anymore. But she started. And it's so weird because I don't know what it is like did she started to buy in because when I guess it was the last episode when Manusa made it there. Okay, so now we'll get to where you were seeing what they did with that person explains that everything that they did up to this point was bullshit. It's nothing but manipulation and coersion. Just we're going to do everything we can to break you so you can voluntarily join us. We're gonna make you see it's gonna be okay. Everything's nice, it's great over here. We're gonna give you all your wishes, et cetera, et cetera, to get them to say, okay, I want to be a part of you, and then you be a part of it, and then everything else is gone and then they just leave everything. They never said that that they didn't want her a part of the high. They always said, well, we're working on giving you a part of this. They said that from the jump.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because she she even asked how long is it gonna take?
Speaker 1: But I thought they also said that we need you to he did join.
Speaker 3: They said, we need you to join, but we also need you to consent. And that's where the part they were lying. Because the guy told them that it's a surgery that they could do. They found out it's it's a surgery that they could do.
Speaker 1: Ye. Yes, Maybe what I'm saying is that, yeah, they've always wanted her to join, and they kept, you know, urging her on and trying to woo her in whatever way they can. When I looked at the village, I looked at that girl. They did the same thing to her too, you know, except she wasn't like Carol, you know, she was more open to the idea. She was like the other people you were talking about, you know, where they just kind of went along with it, and she was like, Okay, fine, I'm gonna agree to join the hive. And then, like you said, they just left the animal where it was.
Speaker 2: And soon she changed over everything that they were doing.
Speaker 1: Soon she changed over. But it seems like throughout that whole process they were just it's just like somebody you see. You know, we're gonna give you our best representative and we're gonna do everything. Everything's great over here. You know I'm the best person for you. This is great, great, great, And then you get there, it's like the grass isn't greener, you know. So with Carol, Carol was the only one that wasn't willing to do that, which is why it took so much effort to get her on board. And then by the time we get to this episode, a lot of other people have already agreed to do the process, and then we found out that the stem cells is how they managed to figure out a way to convert them over. The question is I think at this point do they still need to consent that point.
Speaker 3: That's why Karen was mad, and she was like, y'all are fucking lying because she said no, she wasn't. That's what I'm trying to say.
Speaker 4: They never said okay, they never said that they didn't want her part of the hot mind.
Speaker 1: They never said that.
Speaker 4: What they did say is that we're working right now to be able to take to break you, to make your joint right. The conflict comes in because she thought that they needed that they would need her consent because they couldn't, you know, without it.
Speaker 3: They explicitly said that. No, I'm saying follow me.
Speaker 1: So yeah.
Speaker 4: So when she found that out that they need her consent, she was like blank, great sigh relief, Like I ain't got to worry about y'all taking over my mind or whatever whatever.
Speaker 1: And that's how she chose to be with Zozi.
Speaker 4: And because y'all need my consent, right, things change when they realize they can do it do it. When they did find a way to do it through the stem cells, she was not mad about She's mad. She's mad, but that's why she was just like, well, how long? She was just like, well, how long do I have? Like because she had to accept it.
Speaker 3: No, y'all, she was mad because they lied. They did lie because we now we're saying we don't need your consent. We're going to do it without your consent.
Speaker 4: Thought they only said that because they because they didn't they didn't have a solution.
Speaker 3: But no, no, no, no, no y'all buying into their lies.
Speaker 1: Let me say, y'all, rules, are you saying that the rules changed? No, I'm not saying that the rules changed.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying that the circumstances changed before, like like like the like the the guy, the guy that has all the women and everything. They would need his consent still because they don't have a way to just naturally bring him a part of the hive.
Speaker 1: They don't have a way to do it. They don't have it stem cells.
Speaker 3: They don't have it stem cells. They have her stem cells because she froze her eggs. So technically it's not against her will. It's just like how we did everybody else. No, it is against her will. They specifically said to Carol, we cannot do this without your consent. They put it on a billboard. Yeah, I know, So what do you mean It's not against because because they have her stem cells, so that's still against her consent. She never consented, all right, all right, here we go, here we go.
Speaker 4: All right, So technically they didn't have anyone's consent, right, So, yes, y'all are right in that, in that sensus, right, but they never said that they didn't want to bring her.
Speaker 1: We're past that.
Speaker 3: But we're past that. But that's the conflict. No, the conflict is consent. No, yes, it is, God it is. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think I think the stem cells is the thing that's introduced that's causing the conflict and what is happening because.
Speaker 3: She thought they could not do anything to her unless they did the operation on her, and they said, we will not do any of this without your consent. Right, So then they figured out they could use the stem cells from the Yeah, so.
Speaker 4: She could just do what we could, just do what we did do to you, what we did to everybody.
Speaker 3: Else, right, which is against her consent. I don't disagree with that.
Speaker 4: When no, no, no no, when I said, I told you, I'm aware that they didn't have anybody's consent just to begin with, right, Okay, all I'm saying is that that particular consent thing was what they were saying that they they're not they're not allowed to just force the force her into.
Speaker 1: It that way. Okay, let me but they can do it through the stem cells. Okay, let me back up. So I try to get some more clarity what the two levels of consent? So so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I bet.
Speaker 1: Like what okay, because I think the rules are starting to become confusing. So because they had to perform a surgery on her, that's the content they're saying that they need her consent to do the surgery because maybe to them, that is afflicting on that particular person and they can't do that.
Speaker 3: We're not violating consents, violating it At that point.
Speaker 2: I get what you're saying that, how did it affect? I took that the wrong way. I thought that they would infect a child like from her age.
Speaker 1: It's still it's themselves, so it's still party.
Speaker 3: They said, have had her eggs.
Speaker 2: I thought they were gonna have to. I didn't know that she was gonna get affected if they used that.
Speaker 3: You thought she was bad and they were infecting a vetus.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, so that's so now we can we can bring you into the hive without physically harming you, and we therefore we don't need your consent like we didn't need consent to anybody else in this.
Speaker 4: That's why she accepted, just like how many days do I have? She like, damn, y'all got me.
Speaker 3: But she was, but she was still mad about it.
Speaker 4: She wasn't mad like it's it's it's a different type of mad man.
Speaker 2: She was manipulating her, right, that's what we like a relationship manipulation.
Speaker 1: They were doing that too, Yes, yeah, that Zozie or whatever her name is. All of that wasna.
Speaker 3: Yes, to keep her playcated until she can figure out how to bring her forcefully.
Speaker 1: Which they were lying.
Speaker 3: Yes, Harold didn't think that that's what they were doing. Carol thought she was just gonna be cool until they you know, until whatever. Unless she actually consented to them doing the surgery.
Speaker 1: She turned into the guy that was doing James Bond stuff. Yes, she got fantasy, Yes, exactly. So going back to this thing, because it's a very confused part of the show, is that so with everybody else, since they don't have their stem cells, they need consent from them because it will requires service.
Speaker 4: I get okay, yes, all right, cool, Yes, they can't do that. So that's why I say they're not necessarily lying. So she's the only one.
Speaker 3: In the grand scope of things. Yes, they are, because we don't know their actual intentions. You know what I'm saying, They lie by omission. There you go, We on the stand page.
Speaker 2: Now, Yeah, all right. The last episode was like she got old el Mondo, and this is where Minosius arrives and clashes with Carol.
Speaker 1: Before we get there too, the girl that did it, like the ritual thing.
Speaker 3: I think they got.
Speaker 4: That's that's how they That's how they were able to do it with her too, because she didn't have to do the operation, even though she willingly wanted to do. You'll remember she had to sniff the she was whatever, and they didn't have to do the needle thing that they said they were gonna do.
Speaker 3: I took it. No, I took it that they already did it. And that's what that smoke was. They did the operation, they put it in whatever that little thing he was, and they were like, go ahead and take that, and that's what changed her.
Speaker 1: Oh you think they did operation on her, yes, because otherwise do it.
Speaker 4: I thought they did a stem cell thing with her too, But it's just how they found out they can do sims stem cells.
Speaker 3: Oh wait a minute, that would take a lot of guessing, because they never implied that that girl even had any stem cells laying around.
Speaker 4: I understand they didn't imply it, but how would we know that. That's how did they figure out, that's how we can do it.
Speaker 3: Because they found Carol's DNA in that because they said all we need is DNA.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, So.
Speaker 3: They found her DNA in this because they know everything right because they have their they have the brain of the doctors and all that. So I think at one point they figured out, oh, our doctor part of us remembers that Carol was doing stem cells.
Speaker 1: So why did they just now find out about that? Though?
Speaker 3: Maybe I think it took them, sorry Ken, real quick. I think it just took them a while to figure out that they could use the stem cells to do that. That's why I'm saying.
Speaker 4: That's why I thought they got the idea from the Peruvian girl.
Speaker 3: But that would take a lot of implying though, because they never even said anything about that girl.
Speaker 1: Unless I missed it, I think they may have already been working on it away once. Maybe the idea of the stem sell like, oh, we got stem cells, can we use something with stem cells? And the brilliant minds guy. I thought the Peruvian girls flashback from the past.
Speaker 3: I did too, I didn't. I thought that she was at the dinner. So I think the Peruvian girl just gave in because they she was really a part of community, and that's why it made it very They made it a very big point about the ritual thing. And then the second she became one of them, they all bounced. They killed community and it killed the Yeah, so I think I think that she just gave in.
Speaker 1: So they were they were in that community, pretending like they were still part of the community, pretending She was like stopped saying the eye. She was used yourself and she kept trying to use her own like pronoun whatever.
Speaker 3: But yeah, oh yeah, she was having a hard time doing that saying.
Speaker 1: I yep, yeah, but have to do it because it's more that's what Carol was asking for.
Speaker 3: When when she when they fucked, I was like, oh, there we go.
Speaker 2: She was like she was with Caroen knows was opening.
Speaker 3: She doing a little cold or something. She ate the food and ate something.
Speaker 1: All right. Man.
Speaker 2: The last episode, Minosis and Carol finally meet each other. They class of course, it was hilarious and having a conversation with the phone. I love that was real.
Speaker 3: That was actually really good. That was really good, right, especially when when he dropped the phone and the thing and it was still trying to get it out and he was like, god, damn it, shut up, and it was like it was it was really good.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So of course they go back and forth. He tries to convince Carol who's following love and it's thinking about doing it and he tells you that it's bad.
Speaker 1: He was talking shit to its. He was hard. He was like, you want this or do you want the girl or something like that.
Speaker 3: You want to say the world or you want the girl?
Speaker 2: Yeah, And they finally come to the same page and an Adam bomb is delivered.
Speaker 1: That shit was crazy, but he Carol again became the other guy and he was based. Carol tried. It was like, bro, what are you doing?
Speaker 3: But yeah, but if you think about it, he still has not eaten any of their food.
Speaker 2: Is that what you were saying that you.
Speaker 3: Said, Yeah, yeah, I feel like he is still gung ho because he hasn't eaten. I know I could be completely one hundred percent wrong, but that's just what I was figuring. He still has anything from right right right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he hates him and I think he's right. He was like, they're listening to everything and she's going to have become more trustworthy.
Speaker 3: That part till I'm glad you brought that up, because at the very beginning she was super paranoid about everything. But at the end she was like, why would they bug my house? What are you talking about? And I was like, wait a minute, five episodes ago, you thought they were bugging everything. And the only difference again is I think she's started eating the food or drinking the proverbial kool aid. I think the difference, too, is that she's had more interactions with them and have more study on them than he does.
Speaker 1: True.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's had no interactions.
Speaker 4: With like, look, they can't lie, they can't do this like I've I've been experienced for the last how many days, a month, three months?
Speaker 3: At this point, I can't remember what it said. Seventy days. Yeah, she was about was about to shoot him over the theme that she hates.
Speaker 1: I don't remember that.
Speaker 3: When did she put a gun on him?
Speaker 4: She shot it when she came into the house. Was it at she shot it past him? Let her let uh get away from from whatever?
Speaker 1: When he was trying to No, no, he was screaming at the guy. Yeah, because jo jall fell out.
Speaker 3: Do not remember this part.
Speaker 4: I believe y'all because she was just like, all right, something's about to happen or whatever. Zoja was like something's about to happen on the floor, and she started doing a convosing thing so that she said, oh, it got to be him. So that's when she ran over with the gun.
Speaker 3: So what was he doing.
Speaker 4: He was trying to get it to match some type of frequency, understand what they were saying.
Speaker 1: So how they communicated.
Speaker 3: So he just hit the wrong frequency and it fucked him up. Nah, No, he was he was purposely.
Speaker 4: Yelling at him to get him to do that convulsion ship or whatever. And it's just because when they're going through that, they give off a frequency, they give off a frequency, and he was just trying.
Speaker 2: To match it and see what it would do if they did.
Speaker 1: That, you know.
Speaker 4: And then and that's why he was just like, you know, the person that they they took over, he think that they're still in there, and he's just like, yo, I know you.
Speaker 3: Can hear me. Yeah yeah, yeah, okay.
Speaker 4: So so why why the signal was down. He's trying to get to the person. Yeah, yeah, he thinks the person is still alive. He just needs he just needs to break that signal so he can talk to the person or whatever. But the person's been in that body, in that state for so long, it's probably gonna be hard to get through to them.
Speaker 1: Imagine like coming out of that if you have still awareness of everything, you.
Speaker 3: Wake up something, y'all'll let you in Spanish?
Speaker 2: Okay, interesting, So did y'all like the end of.
Speaker 1: It was? It was a dramatic ending, yeah, bringing the atomic bomb, but it's just like, bro, like, now you know she had to go through that.
Speaker 2: I like, it can't take forever to come back. I would say, it's just the only way the end it gonna be, like they need to continue this story like six months and I'm waiting two years to see the rest of this.
Speaker 3: See that's the problem I had. I don't think this was a good ending for this season. It was like, y'all didn't do enough in this show to end it like this, because this does not have me hyped to see what happens after this, not at all, I am.
Speaker 4: Because it's because of the unanswered questions, you know what I'm saying, What are their intentions?
Speaker 1: Like world peace? It's not though you don't think so, Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: So why would they let themselves die?
Speaker 1: And they say they can't lie either, but they might be lying about that though the same shit they lie like a motherbuger.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's a very actuist. I don't know. It's it's weird to be this alien from out of space, like, oh yeah, we just want everybody to get along.
Speaker 2: Like why did y'all come here and invade us to tell you?
Speaker 3: Well, because they probably didn't know that the bodies would not be able to sustain themselves. Maybe I don't.
Speaker 1: Know, but you know, it's and it's again, like throughout the whole episode, they kept saying over and over again, we're going to get you as part of the hot It's going to happen, and one way or the other, you know, we just don't know why you haven't converted over. We got our scientists working on it, and at some point we're gonna convert you over. So even though there's and that was before CONSENTI that came up, right, didn't come up until later. So to your point, Rob, the whole season, every episode they were like, yeah, we're gonna we want you to be a part of it. We just know right now, we don't know how to do it, but we're gonna do it. We're gonna figure it out. Yeah, at some point we're gonna figure this shit out. So you might as well just just agree, yeah, as.
Speaker 2: Vince does in his other shows, before we rap. I just want to share this. I thought it was generation. The colors had meanings here like he did with Breaking bed with a Colors represent different things. Just a brief synopsis of it's a dope YouTube video out there on this if y'all want to hear more about it. But yellow represented the human, the individual world, personal identity, joy, and the normal everyday life. You would see monocious and yellow. You would see Carol in yellow. Blue signified the hive mind collectuses them and comfort uh the emerging new world. Blue imagery, like vast oceans, cold settings often surrounds the hives influence, so you'll see a lot of blue when it's the hive around. Red signals danger, violence or harm. Purple was sometimes appearing in the blend of hope and love. Green may suggests in difference with a mix of yellow and blue themes, and white often symbolize that death or surrender in TV and film through this least prominent. So that's a dope video about how they use the colors, and they show the scenes as to where like what Mike was saying, when you she started to be more open towards the hive mind, she would have blue she had blue on, like she would have a yellow shirt, but the jacket would be blue or something like that. So I thought that was really interesting.
Speaker 3: Color theory is definitely.
Speaker 1: Out of many one. I think that's what that means. Out of many one, all right.
Speaker 4: But yeah, No, the other thing too that I'm looking forward to is just like, you know, like why are they immune? Like why are these twelve people immune?
Speaker 3: Like what is it about these people? That's what I like to know to you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So it's still things that I want to know that I would tune into a season two.
Speaker 2: For a lot of different ways that they could go with. I just hope it gets more entertaining. It's interesting. I don't know if it's entertaining. So I'm definitely here for to see the rest of it, how it plays out. But again, it took me four times to really sit down and watch Better Call Saw so and that's one of my favorite show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I Better Call SAUW. Yeah yeah, but you can watch it not Rod and get it full and drumming out of it. But yeah, like.
Speaker 2: It took it took three seasons for you to really get a grasp on what was like, Oh, Okay, I get it them and.
Speaker 1: Then build up so they entrust them that his fans will stay around.
Speaker 2: Facts it already got renewed for the second and the third season.
Speaker 1: I think yeah, and I think you know this, this this is the type of show that people love like because they can sit around and come up with all these theories about what's going on, what's happening. It's just like those that Middle Patch. It's like, how are you gonna find something to talk about with that? And that's where it really really struggled. But I mean sitting here talking about it, it's fun. Yeah, Like we get to see he and theorize and engaging conversation about what we just watched.
Speaker 2: It's just watching it.
Speaker 1: Watching it actually rough. You know after the first couple of episodes, it's not worth keeping out A Plus I.
Speaker 2: Said, no, I wouldn't, but I got some shows for you to make you keep it though.
Speaker 3: Okay, I definitely do.
Speaker 2: But that has been our review of the Apple Plus TV show Playibus. Thank you for joining the France per second podcast We out Peace, Peace