Speaker 1: The frames per Second Podcast.
Speaker 2: What's going on in ship Boy, Nick, I'm here with Kenneth by Inge, Ollo.
Speaker 3: Spike Lou of the On Deck TV show and another week in the books.
Speaker 1: How you doing? Man?
Speaker 3: Doing good?
Speaker 1: What up doing? What's going on?
Speaker 3: Miss Naturally nay hello, representing one half of the of the Rights. And we also have Mike c.
Speaker 2: Town who'll be joining us a little bit, uh you know, sooner than later. But you're now tuned into the frames per Second Podcast. And in this episode, we are continuing on with our weekly recaps of the hit HBO series starring Zendia title Euphoria, with this recap being dedicated to episode season three, episode seven, titled Rise or Shine penn ultimate episode.
Speaker 3: As y'all know, i'd like to I'd like to remind you.
Speaker 2: All about it favorite episode exactly. It's always my favorite since Game of Thrones. It's always the episode I look forward to most in any series. So overall thoughts I want to get I'm gonna start off with you Ken, because you weren't with us last week, So going from last week's episode of this week's episode, I'm curious to know your thoughts.
Speaker 4: Uh, last week's well, the week prior the one that I missed, it was fine, I did.
Speaker 1: Have concerns, so I watched both of these back to back.
Speaker 4: So watching six, I was I was concerned about like where we're going, and I think I've said that a few times, like ending it, and I still share some of those sentiments after this one, but it definitely wasn't as good as this one.
Speaker 1: To me. I really like this one because I think the one.
Speaker 4: Before that's when you got the you know, you know what happened to rue, you know, with the whole thing, and I think you got Alamo's backstory right in that one, which is interesting. I did, Yeah, I did. I did find that interesting, but nah. Episode seven. I definitely really enjoyed episode seven. But again it's just like, all right, we have one episode left, like what what are we gonna do here? So I don't know, I'm leaning towards what you guys were saying, that they have another season that they're contractually obligated for.
Speaker 1: It seems like they're gonna have to utilize that.
Speaker 3: Hmm, what about your thoughts name?
Speaker 5: This episode was really good but really frustrating at the same time. It's like frustratingly good. I think that they really did it really well with the suspense. I think they did a really good job of keeping you engaged in this long episode. But by the year of it, I was frustrated with I think just about every single.
Speaker 6: Character and storyline.
Speaker 5: I'm like pissed and now I want to see what's gonna happen next, And unlike Ken, I think.
Speaker 6: That they're actually going to close this out.
Speaker 5: I think they're gonna close it out horribly, but I think it's going to be closed out.
Speaker 3: You felt the same way, lou.
Speaker 7: Hm.
Speaker 3: I feel like the episode was fine. I feel like it's really predictable, the situations that they're in and probably how they gonna wrap them up, like the thing when they we've been calling that all season. I think I have a pretty good understanding where Ruse headed, where all of them are hated. Really like, unless they do some surprising, shocking things in the end, I'll be with like, this is just fine, Like they had to do this just to finish it, because I disagree, and I don't think that they're gonna do another season. I think that they'll wrap it up next week with just some loose ends and give you what they give you. But it was It's fine. I didn't like it. It's still fun to watch, but it just it's not great.
Speaker 1: What about you, Mike.
Speaker 2: I agree with everything almost that Spike said, except for I think this episode was great.
Speaker 3: I loved every second of it.
Speaker 2: I was staring at the screen like this shit is This feels like old school euphoria. So I loved this episode. But yeah, I don't think they're gonna do. I think what they're gonna do is they're gonna wrap it up for the most part, but they're gonna leave a couple, like Spike said, loose ends just in case they are approved for another season. I don't think that right now they are approved for one. I guess it kind of depends on how well this current season does. But yeah, I mean, I liked last week's and I liked this week's even better.
Speaker 3: So I'm good right now. Y'all know me.
Speaker 2: Once you start taking motherfuckers off the board, that's what you got me locked in. So I really appreciate this episode, But it also definitely pushed a lot of story lines forward to where we're gonna get a lot of conclusions, hopefully next week in the season finale. I feel like because I've heard that they're kind like they have a contract for four seasons. I think there will be one more season. I don't know how that will be portrayed. Maybe he does a reboot and like starts over with a new cast and like kind of like passes the torch from an old one to a new one. Based on hoow this season could end. But I really enjoyed this episode. I really enjoyed this episode. It makes me very interested for how they close it out the season, which has been very up and down.
Speaker 3: But let's get into it.
Speaker 2: We start off this episode with getting a history lesson more so visually than verbally, because I believe Ali has talked about his past with rough before, but we got to actually see what it was like with his battle with addiction and how he overcame it and how he's been able to turn his life forward to help others who deal with the same issues or similar issues.
Speaker 3: Nay, what did you think about seeing Ali and this episode?
Speaker 5: I mean, I love whenever Coleman Deman goes on anybody's screen, so it was it was interesting, I think to kind of I mean, like you said, we've heard who he was from the way he described himself, and I mean seeing it was.
Speaker 6: I guess that was okay.
Speaker 5: I don't really feel like I needed to see crackhead Ali, but I mean sure, I think I was more interested in watching like the way he deals with or like how he's handled his sobriety and the way he's mentored.
Speaker 6: All these kids who are dying.
Speaker 5: And I never thought about the idea that those who are struggling with addiction during the pandemic didn't have groups and things like that.
Speaker 6: I never really thought about that, So that was interesting to me.
Speaker 5: I think that was more interesting than seeing him in the thorles of his addiction and beating on his life and.
Speaker 6: Stuff I need to see all at.
Speaker 2: You felt the same, right, Nah, I don't need to see him beating on his wife, of course, But I think showing Coleman Domingo like that or Ali like that, I like. I just liked the way they did the storytelling where they cut from his daughter kind of just hearing him beating his wife to him as a crackhead in a Nashville hotel, just kind of like shadow boxing. I thought that was really, really, really well done. I don't know if we're talking about the whole scene. Is that what you wanted?
Speaker 1: Nick?
Speaker 3: You can you can bruh the whole book of the Dead Ship.
Speaker 2: I was like, this is brilliant. This is absolutely brilliant. Like the way that he has this book of all of these names of his you know, I don't know what they call him, uh.
Speaker 3: Sponsors, sponse.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the way it cut to the the kid, that was like he wants to get clean, and then it immediately cuts to his funeral. Then it cuts to the guy hanging or person hanging in the in the garage and Coleman is having to find God damn it. Ali is having to find these people and he has all of their names and their death dates in that book. I just thought this was this was incredible storytelling. I wish the whole season was written as well as this first ten minutes.
Speaker 6: I think cinematically it was beautiful too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: They haven't they haven't let up on cinematically. I feel like that's been the most consistent thing about the series so far. Like cinematically they do very well, and if not all episodes, most episodes. Ken, what was your thoughts when you saw Coleman with the white woman in that glass.
Speaker 4: Dick the The funny part to me was she was like, I normally don't do black.
Speaker 3: But you've got nice teeth. But you look.
Speaker 1: I was like, man, this is kind of a racist ass season. Bro. They just throwing all.
Speaker 3: This ship in here.
Speaker 4: You know, I've never been in a situation where that's somebody have to say that the uh no, man, but no, all of this was was good.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: Uh Like, seeing him shadow boxing, hype himself up as a boxer, he was.
Speaker 1: Killing She hyping his ass up on the big.
Speaker 3: Ship was awesome.
Speaker 1: That was the.
Speaker 3: That was the epitome of crackhead behavior. That is grand behavior.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I definitely agree with the cinemas. Uh that that they and Mike expressed about, you know, the violence towards his wife and just hearing that because he just sat there like he like you, he wasn't gonna do ship. He just got up and just that was like.
Speaker 1: He was so yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: And you know, of course, just his story from where he was to where he eventually went, and you know, of course the sort of religious undertones or that that has and how that has been you know, carried out thematically through the whole season was really really good. So, and in that aspect, I thought they did a really good job of that. But komy Cooma was doing this thing. I really fucked with him in the beginning of that.
Speaker 2: For your thoughts, I know, again you can talk about everything overall, but also neighbor up a good point as far as like, the pandemic hit a lot of people differently, and obviously drug abuse didn't.
Speaker 3: Pause during that time either.
Speaker 2: Was it interesting that they found a pocket for Ali to kind of bring to light through all his time being a sponsor.
Speaker 3: Yes, that that stuff was interesting. All that was good. The acting was great, the story was great. Seeing m on screen Ali the character that was that was fantastic. But I guess it myself is right, and watching this, I just wonder why we needed that, and I could only come to one conclusion, which I we'll talk about at some point.
Speaker 1: I guess if it happened.
Speaker 3: But yeah, there's only one reason I feel like that they show that, and that's what makes me think that the show is going to end. Yeah, especially when what's up.
Speaker 4: I didn't even think about it until they they showed it about people that that are in recovery that do need those sponsors and talking to people and how the pandemic forced him to really be away from you know, people physically and just the impact that had. I think that from what I I don't remember those stories really being told like that, you know, unless I just forgot, but yeah, I don't recall it happened like that.
Speaker 2: It was the deaths of addicts and the percentage of relapses went up during him the pandemic. It was like it was funny because it was like pregnancies went up and then like the deaths of addicts went up like at the pretty much the same time. From what I remember, Yeah, yes, isolation on people who are already struggling.
Speaker 5: Man, Yeah, I never, I never. I don't remember hearing about that either. So that was wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, seeing him as far as Ali's character be, like on the phone, like he trying to go back to the church or the place that he had the venue it was locked up.
Speaker 3: He tried to call people as much as he could. He was like listen, it's.
Speaker 2: Nine thirty on Monday night, Like what you doing, Like I haven't heard from you. And for me, it was more about like his will to keep going on because like as we see him cook randomly cook these pancakes for Rue, He's like, He's like, my purpose now is to serve others, Like I'm still.
Speaker 3: Redeeming, trying to need myself and what I did to my family.
Speaker 2: And I love the fact that Rue was like she opened up to him on that tip as well as far as like, I'm really trying to just cleanse myself. But I feel like every move I make, I keep making mistakes, but I'm trying to do good.
Speaker 3: I swear I'm trying to do good. Like I feel her pain, like.
Speaker 2: Her passion for wanting to be in the right lane, but she keeps having to do these lefts because of the options that she has. So I love that conversation. And Niate, what did you think about that conversation they had they were eating pancakes?
Speaker 6: What exactly is this?
Speaker 5: When she was he was she was telling him about the fact that her mom's and all caught up in all of.
Speaker 3: This, Yes, the fact that her mom stought up.
Speaker 2: She was basically confessing like I'm working with the DA and this is my plan for how to get out of this fuck those situation.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and this is so the thing that I remember.
Speaker 5: And to Spike's point, which is why this scene made me feel like, yeah, we're not gonna see Ruth for too much more. Is because when she has this concept and this idea that she's gonna make it to the Promised Land and trying to kind of liken her herd situation to Moses and the whole burning bush situation from last episode, and Ali making this statement that you know, Moses didn't make this.
Speaker 6: To the Promised Land, right, he died, but he got.
Speaker 5: There, So just just making that correlation and just I think the thing that struck me is that for some reason, Ruth feels like she on the other side of things, and I don't understand why, Like she feels like things are finally turning around, and I guess to a certain extent, I guess I get it because she feels like, if I can just finish this one thing, I'll be free. But baby, that's a big thing you got to do, and you really think that that's really gonna be it? So I think, Yeah, the conversation made me feel like Grew, along with a lot of these other characters, are a little delusional about the situation they're actually in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, did you have any thoughts to what they said?
Speaker 2: I think I'm just still struggling a little bit with the burning bush part. I'm trying to figure out what that whole thing means because it almost seems like it was a warning for her to kind of like not go down the path that she was going in, but then she didn't listen. So if she does end up dying, which I think is what's going to happen, is that at and is that a sign.
Speaker 3: That she didn't follow what.
Speaker 2: God or whoever was trying to tell her to do, because I mean, I keep trying to relate it to the biblical story and I can't really figure out how it fits. And y'all are all Heathens except for Day, so I guess I can't.
Speaker 1: Look, I got nothing.
Speaker 6: So I think that.
Speaker 5: They're trying to compare her to Moses and like leading the people out of Egypt, and I think that that's going to somehow correlate to those licenses.
Speaker 6: She found.
Speaker 3: Out of.
Speaker 6: The Bondage of Alamo.
Speaker 3: That's good for herself, that's good, that makes sense.
Speaker 2: Egyptians, Israelites, Egyptians, you know, making them slaves.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 2: I've been trying to figure this out since I watched the episode today. So that makes that totally makes sense. See, I can't depend on the rest of y'all for shit. Y'all need to go to church. That was that was a There was a whole nother burning bush in this episode that I was like, he' gonna talk about it later. Like, but speaking of again again, this is a very religious season, so we I'm gonna bounce Arond a little bit, but I'm gonna make sure I touch on all the main points that happened in this episode. But we didn't see Rue meet up with Lexi to tell her about her religious experience and basically kind of do the same thing she did with a little with Ali, but more on a friendly level, just telling her about what's going on with her life and how she feels better now than before she got into it, Like she feels like now that she's working with the DA and gave what they wanted, she's now feeling blessed. Lou what did you think of her Ru and Lexi's conversation when it comes to Ruth's blessings.
Speaker 3: I was with Lexi, Man, shut up, I don't want it, like bro, Like I'm trying to do work and you're doing all of this talking because Lexi didn't have any full context. I don't think that she really knows what Ru has going on, so she don't grasp the seriousness of what Ruth's saying. And Ruth's like saying like this is life changing things that have happened to her, whish they have. But Lexi has no context, so she of course is going to respond it to it like that because this is rue. Like she said, I think in the exchange right there, like you always going through some shit, I got something going on. But I don't think she realizes how close that Ru is to like the fire this time, Like it's usually been like a little other stuff that she could make her way out of, talk her way out of this right here, Like it's a totally different situation as to her being an informant working with Alamo. We see what he may do to her and even Laura, like it's never been this dangerous for her, and she just wants to tell her friend about it. Her friend doesn't have any context. So I got both sides of it. Nay, did you feel like Lexie was being rude to Lexi?
Speaker 5: Judgmentalist shit? She's probably the most selfish character in this show. Right now, Like she was being judgmental as hell. She like Ruth's trying to tell her what's going on, but she too focused on trying to get her come up in this movie industry to even take the time.
Speaker 6: Like this girl just told you that.
Speaker 5: She was in the d she was working with the DEA and working with drug dealers and Nazis.
Speaker 6: And your response is clearly you have relapsed.
Speaker 5: Like stop for a second and listen to the girl, Like, I really, LEXI pissed me off this episode. She pissed me off, And like she's been slowly judging, like she's been judgmental of everybody, and like, up to this point, I say, she's been observant and calling things out, which is true, but she's also being extremely judgmental and self centered.
Speaker 3: Can you feel the same way?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was fucked up. What she said to her. I was like, God, damn, let's see.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like what the hell, Like what is wrong with you?
Speaker 1: Yeah? She was a complete asshole. But you know, I'm kind of a spike.
Speaker 4: Look, I told you as it should up to be quiet, and you're still motherfucker talking and I'm trying to write this damn story and I don't want to hear about any of the damn.
Speaker 1: Ship that you're going through. She should have just kept her out as to the lead.
Speaker 4: And I'm thinking about Rue, and I'm like this, this would be rude to sit here and just just haphassively just tell this whole story about all the ship that she's been doing and not even thinking about the potential repercussions of it. Like you're working with Nazis and all the ship sounds fucking insane. You work with Nazis who hate black people, and in addition to that, you also working with the DA. I would think she someone she was on some ship too, you know, But I don't know if I would have said it to But let's let's see, at this point, she was frustrated by everything that we're down with her sister, and now she got to see her and listen to Rue tell all of this this crazy ass sound of ship that's.
Speaker 1: Super hard to believe. However, at the same time, LEXI knows Ruin.
Speaker 4: If there's anybody that's been in some crazy wild that ship, it would be rude.
Speaker 3: But I also think I also think that ru is known to lie. She's known to exaggerate and Lexi is feeling the brunt of excuse me, Ru is feeling the brunt of Lexi getting the shorthanded a stick from everybody else on the cast this season. I just feel like this was a tippic point for her to She telling Rue like, I see why your mom don't talk to you, and I hope she did well as a friend. You would think, of course she didn't mean that, but I just think she was frustrated with all the characters that she took it out on Rue. Yeah, you're right, she did.
Speaker 2: She didn't cuss out, she cuts out who on the phone was that Maddie.
Speaker 6: And she was like, yeah, yep.
Speaker 3: She told me I don't fuck with none of y'all. Right now, Michael, she being rude.
Speaker 2: Lexy is a piece of shit. Lexi's a piece of shit. I get she's frustrated. I get she's, you know, working hard, But let's say Ru has relapsed. That's not the way you talk to somebody that's relapsed. So right now, Lexi is not being a good friend. So if if Ru has relapsed, then maybe take five minutes listen to what she's saying. And if you can't help, then I don't know director to somebody they can if she's not relapsed, then maybe you should still sit there and just listen to what she has to say. Take five minutes. Listen to what this girl is saying. Like I was watching this scene and thinking, like, Okay, Ru is clearly not on drugs, but she sounds like someone is having a manic episode, and that's not someone that you're just like, oh my god, this is why your mother doesn't talk to you. What the fuck kind of comment is that? Like, Nah, Lexi's Lexi's foul and dirty, and I don't know, I don't even know what else to say. Nick, rarely does this show make my mouth completely like, get out?
Speaker 3: Are you serious? That's really what you're gonna say to this girl?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was shocked that she said that too, because she's usually more especially with like going on from last season her interactions with Fez. It's just kind of like I thought she was someone who has a little bit more kind, harder to people who are maybe in areas and doing things that they she wouldn't necessarily do, but she feels like the soul of them. And obviously she's known Rue from since they was kids, so you would think she would have you. I mean you, forgranted, you can say that she has a callous for rule when it comes to like, if she's talking like this, she may be relapsed. But like you mentioned, like it seemed like ru has really tried.
Speaker 3: To make changes.
Speaker 2: And even if she's quote unquote California, you're sober, like I don't. She doesn't sound like she's relapsed, and like you mentioned, even if she was, you don't handle someone like that. So I was shocked that she did that, and how she just basically just having the temper tantrum with everybody on this show when it comes to, like to lose point, how she's been treated.
Speaker 8: You would love to have more content from frames per second. Become a patron where you can contribute to what we review and discuss. Our Patreon gives the listeners the power to nominate and vote a monthly discussion in film review, while also nominating and voting on weekly solo reviews from each cast member. You also get the opportunity to vote on the publicly released anniversary film, all exclusive to our Patreon. So become a patron at patreon dot com frames per second, where there are two tiers you can choose from that's Patreon dot com forward slash frames per second. But we see Rood don't even fuck with her right now because she storms out and left her bible. I don't know if y'all about that all she did and got her bible on the couch, left her bible, and then all of a sudden she kind of wants to check on Cassie because she just sees some weird stuff going on with her apartment and not knowing that she was one step away from me and the Lord.
Speaker 3: At that moment.
Speaker 2: That moment, but that's how we kind of transition to this episode of Cassie as we see she's going through some shit. Caah, what were your thoughts on Cassie this episode and the situation she had to deal with on behalf of Nate.
Speaker 4: Cassie has been extremely irritating to me all season long. I think that, and I think she's probably been one of the most frustrated characters of.
Speaker 1: The show period. She's extremely stupid.
Speaker 3: She.
Speaker 4: Gets by with things, she gets lucky at times, but she doesn't think things through. And her situation that she's going through a nay and thinking that because you got this small role that you've all of a sudden made it, and you idiotically went and deleted your whole only fans because of this, not knowing how much you're gonna get paid for the role or whatever, and knowing that you need this to help pay off Nate and get Nate out of the situation. Now we got a chance to hear how she really feels about it when she was fake improving in that scene with Dylan Reed, because it seemed like she hasn't really had a chance to really like process it, and this was the one time she had a chance to kind of, you know, express her sort of PTSD about everything that was happening. But she lost the one source of revenue, which forced her her to have to do other things in order to get the money back when they called, which included sleeping with Dylan Red in order to get her only fans back up to get the money to go pay for Nate, which caused Maddie to possibly do some things that she didn't want to do in order. So she just brought she's she just in this situation brought a lot of people down with her, you know. So yeah, it was it was frustrating watching Cassie on the floor crying and all this other ship.
Speaker 1: It was, it was, it was, it was, it was fucking annoying. I didn't like.
Speaker 2: It, Nay, I needed to get your reaction to when Cassie opened up the door and that Armenian dude chould her work on the table.
Speaker 5: So it's the way she's singing our Little Nightie like it was no care in the world and.
Speaker 6: They got yoked up.
Speaker 5: It was the best moment, know the gotten her and showed me I'll go up watching her get ass thrown through that type of But.
Speaker 6: Poor Cassie, poor Cassie. I mean, that's that's all I really can say. It's just.
Speaker 2: Ship.
Speaker 6: It's less poor Cassie to me, and just poor.
Speaker 5: Maddie in the fact that how she really got Maddie like locked into all.
Speaker 6: This bull man just like it's poor Maddie.
Speaker 3: Lou Lou going off of that.
Speaker 2: I know, you can, of course give your thoughts on Cassie this episode, especially that scene.
Speaker 1: But.
Speaker 2: Now that they brought up Maddie and her not only dealing with this, but the first part is getting fired from her main job, and I think we kind of talked about how that was probably being in jeopardy and I think she knew it too when she teamed up with Cassie, but that factice see it actually happened. What were your thoughts on like how that domino effect impacted Maddie.
Speaker 3: I blamed Cassie. Well, Maddie was to blame. She was at fault for it as well. She knew how the lady felt about it, but she felt so strongly about it she went and did it anyway. Okay, nice, she got fired because they found out. I had a hard time feeling sorry for Cassie at all. I do agree with what Nate said, like she just drug a whole lot of people down with her with her dumb accents and herself centered this season, but she's always been like that. That's how she got with Nate. But in Maddie's case, I don't know that she's just like y'all said this when she started missing with Alamo, and I didn't see it then, I definitely seen it this up in the episode. You can tell that she's beening off a lot more than she could choose. And we're gonna get to it, i'm sure later, but it's just putting it in a position to make it more realistic as if you were to understand, like, oh, no, no, she can't handle this, because I thought she could at first, and now I'm looking at her in the position so she cannot handle this even the way she went responded to Cassie and told your mind now and this, that and the third like, that's not I don't think she'll be able to enforce that, Like she's just gonna have to hope that Cassie do what she says. So yeah, saying situation for both of them. Mike, what was your thoughts?
Speaker 2: I guess I'm trying to figure out what Spike and they mean by Cassie dragging people down, because it seems like she didn't drag Nate down because Nate was gonna be saved by her. She didn't drag Maddie down because Maddie didn't have to do any of this. I guess I'm I don't feel bad for Cassie. I think everybody in this season is being an absolute fucking moron, and I think Sam Levinson is painting him that way intentionally, like there's not a single good.
Speaker 3: Person this entire season, but a side thing.
Speaker 2: I'm also a little confused because I thought last episode I didn't think she actually deleted the Only Fans.
Speaker 3: I thought she was hesitant. She was hesitant, but she ended up doing it.
Speaker 2: I thought she clicked the button and then when it came up it said, uh, log back in. I think I took it as clearly I'm wrong, But I took it as she clicked it and it just logged her out. It didn't actually delete it. But yeah, her deleting it, I mean, I guess it got us where we where we got to go with the I forget the actor's name that she went and fucked around.
Speaker 3: With Dylan Dylan, so it got us there.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I don't really feel I don't really feel bad for anybody honestly when it comes to Maddie or Cassie.
Speaker 5: I feel like she got her actions with deleting, the deleting, the deleting the Only Fans account, and the situation with Nate, even though that's not her fault, right, but she deleted the Only Fans account, And because Maddie got back involved, like she said, I never should have let you back in my life, because now she's in a situation.
Speaker 6: Where Maddie needs like a million.
Speaker 5: Dollars and if she doesn't she's gonna have like the fact that she let this girl get.
Speaker 6: Killed on her conscience.
Speaker 5: So it's like at that point, once Maddie got tied up with the Armenians, that's Cassie. Now Maddie's in a situation where she's trying she's kind of got to figure something out otherwise I got blood on my.
Speaker 6: Hands because my homegirl's dead now, and.
Speaker 5: They're calling me to help figure it out because.
Speaker 6: I, yeah, I'm your boss, bitch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess I get that.
Speaker 2: I'm kind of looking at it like you stepped into this, and what is like, this is kind of the role you're having to play, Like you didn't have to step in and be my money manager because money managers always end up being pimps at the end of the day when it comes to this type of work. So I don't know, I get, I get what y'all are saying. I just have a hard time feeling bad for anybody on this show right now because everybody's doing fun shit every day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, I feel that. I thought it was interesting because Maddie. Maddie was warned by Rue and multiple students like, yeah, I got it, don't worry about this I'm good, and.
Speaker 1: She ignored it.
Speaker 4: I think what happened with Cassie in relation to Maddie is that because of her working with Cassie and everybody else, she ultimately lost her job. So Cassie now is the source of her income, and on top of that, Cassie is also in danger. So now I'm about to lose my Like she said, she's special, I'm about to lose the one person that can make a lot of money, that can keep what I'm doing right now afloat because.
Speaker 1: I don't even have a job.
Speaker 4: I don't know if she was making more money from working with Cassie versus the job, but the standiness and security of the job is gone, and I'm about to lose the other thing that's secure for me as well. So I got us, and plus it's my friend, so I got to try to get her out of this situation.
Speaker 1: So it becomes a little bit too fold.
Speaker 4: But I understand not feeling sorry for any of them, but I felt like Cassie was almost in a situation where she had a choice, but almost didn't have a choice.
Speaker 9: I mean Maddie, Yeah, yeah, I necessarily wasn't surprised at how Maddie acted because to Mike's point, we knew eventually.
Speaker 3: She was going to be.
Speaker 2: Upset with Cassie to the point where she was like, I control you, I own you. You gotta do what I say because I have a position of leverage when it comes to giving you a platform. I was more so surprised about Cas I See and her sleeping with Dylan, because I always thought that that was going to be like the line that she didn't told because she was still married to Nate.
Speaker 3: But then lou once they cut right.
Speaker 10: Right to it, no bread crumblers or like any kind of and I'll looking at me differently because like the most sexualized woman on the show, why are you surprised that she does some sexual ship.
Speaker 2: I just thought that she just had, like because Maddie was always talking about that's the line that you don't cross when it comes to all the ship that we're doing.
Speaker 5: But episode I think you should move in with the dude. I mean, this was off at that point.
Speaker 3: And I think Maddy was just referring to that dude specifically. I don't think that she was talking about moving forward, right Yea. This was all because she's desperate, like both of them are desperate situation, all hands on deck.
Speaker 1: And Maddie basically turned into fucking Alamo. You know. So yeah, she turned.
Speaker 3: Cassie just stayed Cassie.
Speaker 2: Was it interesting, Mike for Cassie to tell Maddie what her true plan was for like making money, like once it came down to it, because like again, obviously Nas sent his henchman to threaten her, Cassie to pay up Nate's bill, And now Cassie has her back against the wall. She's scared, she's terrified, and she's like, all right, I gotta talk to her and now explain everything.
Speaker 3: Remind me what the plan was. I don't remember.
Speaker 2: I remember the scene and they were on the phone, but I don't remember what the plan was. I think it was just more of like Tonay's point, like confessing like I owe a lot of money to this gatest, Like this gangster came to my house beat me up, and it's saying like if I don't pay off my husband's debt soon, then I'm going to die. Oh you just me Okay, I thought I thought I missed something like there wasn't an actual plan for getting out of it, right right? She was basically just and I don't even know Cassie. Cassie doesn't really know anything about Alamo yet, right, So she was just calling Maddie because she's desperate. Well, she knows a little about Alma, because I think Maddie took Cassie to the Alamo's Strip club to do like those photo shoots and all that stuff, So she don't know that that's it though, right right, right?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: No, I mean this makes sense. I mean, who else is she gonna call? She can't call Lexi because Lexi's not gonna help her. She's calling the most resourceful friend that she has, which is Maddie. Actually Matt Maddie's pretty much the only friend she has. But Maddie is the one that I think if I was in this show, Maddie's the one I would call if I was in trouble for anything. I'm calling Maddie because Maddie seems like the one that can help hustle her way or for nagle her way and to figure out how to get me out of some ship. So I think this scene completely made sense, and it just still shows the friend dynamic between Maddie and Cassie. Cassie is still a fucking I don't want to call her stupid or an idiot or nothing like that, but it's like she just can't.
Speaker 3: She can't keep her shit in check.
Speaker 2: She needs somebody to help her at all times, whether it's Nate controlling her or if it's Maddie controlling her.
Speaker 3: When you leave Cassie to her own device as she fucks.
Speaker 1: Up, you can call it stupid Micael's official character.
Speaker 7: I mean, is.
Speaker 2: It It kind of seems like Sidney Sweety herself.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, Sam Levinson put that idea in our head by mimicking what's happening for her in real life, So I don't know. I feel like I feel like Sam Levinson is talking shit in Cassie's face and Sidney Sweene don't even know it.
Speaker 1: So, Lou, I.
Speaker 2: Gotta ask you a question, since we are on to the Maddie Alamo part, because Maddie obviously went to Alamo for help because she was like, You're the only person that I know that can get ship done.
Speaker 3: Did you think she gave up the draws to help Cassie. Damn, that's a good question. I didn't even think about that because they didn't show ship.
Speaker 2: I think you think, man, you're looking at me like that, Like what you think happened?
Speaker 3: You thought he gave high five and they thumb wrestled.
Speaker 6: What do you think like?
Speaker 3: I thought that was the next step. I didn't know if it.
Speaker 6: Happened, right there, a different dress.
Speaker 1: Bruh.
Speaker 2: You think you think he gave her supposedly was gonna give her a million just for that the onlys while she was so upset later, which we'll get to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I was gonna say. That was the only reason why.
Speaker 2: I was like, maybe she did because she was like, you know, he was gonna do all that for free, right, But he didn't.
Speaker 3: Do it for free. So that's why I thought she maybe didn't give him the draws he did. I thought he no, he didn't. He told her at the end. You hold me, But I'm saying he didn't have to pay anything. That's what I meant. Sorry, it's right, he didn't have to pay for free. She owes him, right, And I think he went into it thinking he was gonna do that the whole way. I ain't getting her million dollars for anything, so she's she's gonna be in debt to me. Now absolutely so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I did feel bad for Maddy in this scene. Yes I did too. I did too, because I don't think she was ready for all.
Speaker 3: That y'all said it, though I didn't believe it. Y'all said it about two episodes ago. She had been off way more than she could chew, and they showed it this episode like she.
Speaker 1: Is you in the lower leagues.
Speaker 3: She literally been off. I was gonna say she gave up more than the draws.
Speaker 11: Right, he's so up, sessh, It's m okay.
Speaker 3: This was weird. I don't think that she knows the I don't think that any of them know. Like even when Ru was talking to the other sister, she was like, you're working with it, Like she ain't telling them that she's a snitch. So they processing it is people who don't deal with drugs and aren't in that world. They think, you know, she's working with the police. Yeah for real, Now.
Speaker 7: She responded to She responded to, you're working with the DA, Like, but that's right, Alm, Right, come on, Spike, Well, I.
Speaker 4: Think Alamo react in any sort of way. He just kind of brushed off, like ship was he just focused on matter.
Speaker 3: I don't know that that's gonna come.
Speaker 5: He's like, okay, dudely noted, let's keep going, Like I don't want to.
Speaker 2: I'm I don't know because like, do you think he just didn't believe it, Because if he believed it, why would he even with what.
Speaker 1: He was doing with Maddie.
Speaker 2: I feel like Mike to that point, I feel like he only went forward to it because he was like he saw an opportunity for like, this is how I get Maddie to owe me. So while I'm thinking, while she told me some shit for another idea, another plan, right now she needs me and I can get Hella leverage on someone who is already making me money, who I know is intelligent, but I don't really have anything on her to keep her in this world, especially but now that she's coming to me in this multiple situation, Oh yeah, I'm gonna pretend like I'm focused on her.
Speaker 3: And obviously he revealed himself at.
Speaker 2: The end of this episode, but that shit that she told him, he was like, oh, Okay, clocked it, and that's why he's.
Speaker 3: Smiled and kept bringing He was like, all right, you did more than what you even thought.
Speaker 2: But no, but what I'm saying is he went through with this plan and he killed a man in front of Maddie, the person that just told you that my friend is working with the DEA. So I was just confused because Alamo. I feel like both of them are acting out a character. If Alamo was talking to Maddie and Maddie's like, yeah, Rue is working with the DEA, and then you go and take her to this place and you shoot a man in front of her, that just seemed weird to me because he didn't even like his facial reaction nothing. When when she said Rue was, he like smiled and just kept on the conversation. So I'm just a bit curious about what's going on here.
Speaker 3: My only thing is that he knew he took a sip of his looking and that's it. That's crazy.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at it because she didn't go to the cops first, and she went to him. It's kind of like, if you really wanted to do this quote unquote legally or do it the right way, you would have done other things before coming to me. The fact that you're coming to me means that it's a very dangerous situation, which means that you were willing to accept because she knows he's not a he's not a civil person, but she doesn't know the extent.
Speaker 3: She doesn't know the extent of.
Speaker 2: How far he was going to go because obviously she was shocked aby what happened. But I think she knew that, like if there's if shit went left, he can handle himself, handle us. So but Nick, wouldn't you think that if she says, Rude told me that she's working with the DEA, wouldn't you then be like, well, shit, maybe they're watching me right now. Maybe I shouldn't do anything crazy instead of I'm gonna go drive to the desert and shoot this guy.
Speaker 3: No, I think that's a good.
Speaker 5: Point that Matty said that to him, let him know, Oh, this girl really don't know what.
Speaker 6: She's gotten herself into. Like you you're you're really you're really naive if you are having.
Speaker 5: That conversation with me and jests, So I don't I think it's like she let him know, But she also showed her hand with how naive she is. So I don't think that it's a situation where he was concerned because one, it's Rude's talk into the DEA, not her, Because if she was, there's no way you would have said that to me. You would have been smart enough to keep your mouth shut. So now I know I gotta go check route.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: I'm more so like I said, I'm more so just thinking like the DA is watching him. If I have this girl in my close circle and I find out she's working with the DEA.
Speaker 3: At that point, I pause because I'm just.
Speaker 2: Like, wait a minute, maybe I shouldn't go kill somebody right now because the DA might be in the background somewhere.
Speaker 3: Unless he already knows that part. Yes, that part is what I started thinking.
Speaker 2: I was like, one, does he already know the DA is kind of watching him?
Speaker 3: Or two?
Speaker 2: Is he involved in some weird way? Like okay, I'm not tripping.
Speaker 3: Okay, because even this response to all point, it wouldn't like oh shit, It was like, you know, right exactly, because I don't know.
Speaker 5: If anybody we haven't gotten there yet with Kadeem Hardness and coming back, But did anybody realize.
Speaker 6: That that they had the vand tap, the d A had the band taped and didn't have nothing to do with that.
Speaker 3: And he put Hardison in the van with Laurie's people, So huh. Sorry, I was just saying it's weird.
Speaker 5: It is weird, but that's why I think that that Alamo's actually I think that those da.
Speaker 6: A actually worked with Alamo in some kind of way in there. The whole thing is for.
Speaker 3: Lord agree.
Speaker 2: To that point, to the point about Big Eddie, they kind of just because right after Ali's thing, we go to Big Eddie and we see that Alamo was checking on him to see like what happened to him, and at the hospital he was.
Speaker 3: Fucking with.
Speaker 2: His knife against his stars and say, you.
Speaker 3: Gotta new he was fucking with him.
Speaker 2: And then he said, I want you to do like this is your redemption to get back good in my good graces. You gotta go out with them with Lawyer's game, the people that shot you.
Speaker 3: You got to be in a car with them for hours. Is crazy. But I was also.
Speaker 2: Looking at it like they they just like served us up to us and then like left it. And I feel like, again, it's going to be addressed obviously in the next episode. But I was curious to think, like, what did you think about like Big Eddie and the Nazis that sound like a TV show, but like his situation right now, and like how that's gonna play out because I feel like Eddie is a I don't know what to call him yet, because he doesn't seem like he falls in line like Bishop and Marshawn Lynch, where you know that they loyal to Alamo. He seems like someone who's just like I'm just trying to make it. I'm just trying to survive.
Speaker 4: It seems clear whatever conversation they had a couple of episodes ago spared his life, which is why he's still alive, because I just knew he was gonna kill him. Now, if we want to weave in the theory of and working with the FBI, maybe that's why he left him alive. But so I was surprised to see him back and going on this mission, so especially somebody that that you know, basically just gave up your holes, uh money, So that that that was interesting and then just fucking with him like that, but also put him in that uncomfortable situation being face to face with these guys after they shot and using that as some some some form of redemption, like what kind of ship is that, you know, especially when him having to walk around with this philosopy bag and ship like that. And then but I did like when he when he met up with him and he was like, yeah, let's see how it is when all of us have the gun. Is that I love to see how that play out. And I did like that part. But the more and more this so or this series or season stretches out the racist, the more racist it becomes because these hell white people are getting bolder and bolder and bolder.
Speaker 2: Before we get into that, I do want to wrap up the Cassie Maddie nas Nate situation because it definitely got wrapped up, uh in this episode wrapped up.
Speaker 3: I'll start with what were your thoughts on that scene?
Speaker 4: Bro?
Speaker 2: Hey can I'm gonna add another thing to my worst fears list? What happened this episode? I was scared to watch it, Bro, I had to replay it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, today I was. I was like this with my.
Speaker 2: I was like, are they gonna fuck with us because of the snake. I know, Mike, you mentioned the snake earlier this season and how it plays on, like with the religious aspect, But when that ground was thumping, little in the snake was right around the pipe. Hey, hey, Ken, you could have told me Nate was gonna get taken out by a snake and a pipe, and I would have never thought.
Speaker 1: It was this.
Speaker 3: They built a spin that was great, knowing how that family get down. Kid, you know.
Speaker 1: Who's the pike of snake? I would saying.
Speaker 3: Nonetheless, it busted off of his mouth.
Speaker 1: I was shot.
Speaker 3: I was shot, not not the fact that he died, but the way he died. I'm like, they gotta be like one of the worst ways to die possible in life. First of all, to be in that underground tomb breathing through that tube and then a snake crawled down there in it help, But they Nate pitched somebody off in their writing room. Boy, like how he was acting on this set. They made sure that they got They took him out in the worst way and it happened. So, I mean, we all knew it was coming.
Speaker 4: So you know, you know, I read up on like what was going on with with Nate, and apparently he's been kind of improving this whole season because he's been working on other stuff.
Speaker 1: It's really weird if y'all ever got a chance to look at it.
Speaker 4: But they're just kind of letting him sort of freestyle and do sort of random things with his character.
Speaker 1: It like this season.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so it started to make things make more sense when I read up on that, and he tends to like it, even though the viewers don't. Yeah, I've been to If I can find it, I'll send it to you guys. But yeah, I felt like this was the only place they can go with Nate. They kept cutting off body parts. At the body parts, at the body parts, I mean, there's no way they can he could live, and it made the most sense that he has to die because I don't even know if they cut something off because he kept he kept trying to run away from this big ass Harmenian guy and the thing that pissed me off.
Speaker 1: And I know, you guys just like this isn't Nate.
Speaker 4: But when he was out there stomping on the grounds and stuff like that, I was like, Oh, this might be the guy that they've been looking for, you know.
Speaker 1: He might be back.
Speaker 4: And then the Armenian goes shows up and he's out there trying to juke him, and I was like, wait a minute, Nate was a fucking college i mean, high school athlete. You can't juke this old, slow ass motherfucker out running.
Speaker 1: That shit didn't make sense to me. I was like, what the fuck is going on? Bro? You said doing this shit.
Speaker 4: If you don't take your ass and haul ass, like he'll eventually get to you. But I'm just saying, like that shit looked fucking stupid. Nevertheless, putting Nate in this damn ground with with his pipe and then his brother right there and he's screaming and his brother doesn't hear him and drive off and then the snake and I was like.
Speaker 1: They just fucking with us. They ain't gonna really do this.
Speaker 4: And then the snake got where the pipe was at and Nate's banging on the ground and I'm like, oh, snakes are sensitives a vibration. I'm like, oh ship, I said, but nah, he's not gonna go down the pipe. There's no way. And that motherfucker went down there. Bro, Hey that.
Speaker 1: He got all nice.
Speaker 2: And and he's tied up too, so it's not even like they just buried him, because I'm thinking, like, if he wasn't tied up, maybe he could have choked the snake and like whatever.
Speaker 4: But I thought maybe somehow he caught the snake and was able to hold him somehow from biting him. But that but no, Yeah, it was a wrap and I was like, yo, like, yeah, that was that was that was That was a lot. I didn't expect that. That was a very very very intense scene that they did. They're like, we're all in there, like god, dang.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 3: I was like, we know what's gonna happen, but not like that, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I had to run about the room. Bro.
Speaker 2: Mike, what was your thoughts on how Nate went out? This was one of the best scenes of the of the season so far. I think Jacob and Lordi's acting in this scene was incredible. I didn't know that he was freestyl in it or whatever it is that he's doing, but I thought this whole scene was amazing, And yeah, this was tense, and the whole time I was like, Oh, he really could die right now. I don't know if he's going to, but he could really die right now. But then I started thinking, Okay, he's not going to die, because this would be really bad business on the Armenian because it's like, why wouldn't y'all be checking on him if this is the guy, Like, if this dude stays alive, you get your money.
Speaker 3: If he dies, No, one's gonna pay you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it seemed weird that they wouldn't go back and check on him. But I think what it also shows is these these dudes ain't professionals like that. But yeah, man, seeing the snake go down, I was like, oh my god, this is so uncomfortable, and it bit him.
Speaker 3: I was like, Okay, this is it for Nate. Yeah.
Speaker 2: This is now my only complaint about all of this, because I think this is a fitting death for Nate. I think it would have been a lot more impactful if we didn't only get three or four scenes the whole fucking season with Nate, and the three or four scenes either him getting beat up or him getting married to Cassie. If we had more time to sit with Nate as he grew into this other person, this more like I'm trying to be a better guy, Nate, then I think that this scene would have hit ten times harder. But it sounds like Jacob BELORDI just didn't really want to do this.
Speaker 6: So or didn't have a time.
Speaker 5: I think I agree that everything he did was like within a couple of days.
Speaker 6: I don't know if y'all said this before, but everything within a couple of days.
Speaker 5: So I feel like him and either that or him and Jules piss Sam Levinson.
Speaker 6: I don't know, but you didn't ask me, but I'm gonna go ahead and say and something.
Speaker 5: This was the worst thing I could have watched, and Jacob did do an amazing job because I felt like I was in the box too, and I do agree that I think that it was.
Speaker 6: Fitting for for who Nate has been the show.
Speaker 5: So I think this scene was the best, the best of the Nate Jacobs season like this. This this was a good good way to wrap it up for him to me, and I immediately knew he was on die when I when when put him in that box, I was like.
Speaker 6: Oh, he ain't.
Speaker 2: I thought he was probably gonna make it if Maddie was able to like or if Cassie and Maddy we was able to come up with a good scheme to kind of like I thought, if you just look at the episode or not the snake stuff, you think that, okay, they're gonna be able to save Nate and time because the Armenian guy said you got seventy two hours and it was that same day. But once that's they introduced the snake and I was like once he went down the I was like, bro, there's no way unless again. It was like on some religious thing where like it's what's what's what's the religious story in the a with the man in the lions came and the lions ain't eat them. I thought it was gonna be Nate and the snakes or something, but I was like, nah, they can't.
Speaker 3: They can't let him go. It doesn't make sense for the snake not to bite them.
Speaker 5: I thought it was impact cool with it being both Cassie and Maddie finding him too, and them both having a moment to kind of a grieve because those were the two love Like, they both were equally in love with Nate, so for them to be there to find him together and both greed differently, was yeah.
Speaker 3: Or hey, Mike, they had that border in his throat, but that was his tongue. I thought that was him in the throat. Yeah, and the poison made yes, Well, that looked.
Speaker 1: That looked.
Speaker 2: That looked incredible And that was definitely something I was not expecting to see. But since we're talking about uh, Cassie and Maddie finding him together, that's where we're That's where we're.
Speaker 3: At hey, go ahead, you go ahead talk about it this.
Speaker 2: I know I said earlier that I don't really feel bad for anybody on this on this show, but I guess I'm I'm a little bit lying because in this moment, I was like, Maddie has to be just devastating because she fucked Alamo for a million dollars that he did not pay. So that was already in playing cards, that is already one thing. She sees that and she's like, wait, so I did this and you didn't even pay any money. Then Nate is dead and you killed the guy that you were supposedly gonna pay any so all of this, I did this for nothing. So Maddie has given up her goods and her boss status, all of that because now Alamo owns her. So this the way that they did this whole scheme. This is the type of writing that Sam Levinson should have been doing this whole time. I guess we just had to be patient and just seeing of what's going is it is it side question? Is it one more episode or is it ten totally more?
Speaker 3: Just one more?
Speaker 2: You're gonna fuck us, y'all, They're gonna fuck us. There's no way they're gonna wrap all of this stuff up and make this a compelling ending in one more episode.
Speaker 3: But this ship was amazing.
Speaker 2: The way the camera panned on Maddie, who was standing but you could tell she's upset, and Cassie.
Speaker 3: Who's on the ground balling. It's it was so good they killed this man. When when I see Niles open up the bag, he was like, what the fuck is this? I'm like, hell nah, I didn't expect that.
Speaker 2: Hey, I know, because like when Alamo was just sitting outside, just like he put his thumb against the wind, I was like, something something going nut is going by that?
Speaker 3: Repeat that.
Speaker 1: What did you say when one hecked his finger?
Speaker 3: I know he was gonna kill him. He did the same thing. Alcohol bullet didn't catch that, damn. I didn't catch Nope, Yeah, when he did when he did that thing when he shot Rule, he did the exact same thing.
Speaker 1: I did, not.
Speaker 2: I didn't catch him with his thumb this time. Yeah, I know something. I thought he was gonna have like others around to kind of take him out. And I was also kind of surprised that the Armenian bodyguard just like once his boss was dead. It was just kind of like, I'm just I'm gonna help you with this whole ship.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I kind of just submitted to the episode at that point because I'm like, they taking motherfuckers off the board and yeah, like seeing Maddie and now Maddie and Cassie are trauma bond twice over.
Speaker 3: Well, I do want to say about the Armanian bodyguard thing because I think someone mentioned it earlier, and I think it plays hto the point those dudes were gangsters to Nate. I don't think in Alamo's world they don't. They're nothing to him, so he would for someone like he said he wanted to avoid them early. That's right, he did say that, But I don't think this dude was high ranking enough to cause any havoc in Alamo's world. He was just able to cause havoc in Nate's world because Nate as a nobody essential And I think that's what they did when they had the bodyguard kind of make the assessment to like, shit I could do with him anyway, like I may well just do what he say, because it didn't seem like that Armanian dude was tied to no gang and was working with a bigger syndicate. It just seemed like he was a business owner who knew he could get over on native things got crazy and then have what you had. So I did understand the bodyguard fold in the media, don't. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I get you, Spike, but I think that this was one of the only moments of this episode where I think the writing wasn't great. I think this would have made a lot more sense if Alamo had about three or four other dudes that were in the corners.
Speaker 3: Or because yeah, even if the one guy is a punk.
Speaker 2: I don't see how he's that much of a punk if he's willing to just go bust up in Nate's house like that and cut his toes off and then cut his fingers off. Like maybe these guys aren't pro pros, but I don't think they're just like average Joe blow Nobody's.
Speaker 3: I agree. I don't think they're punk or blow blow Joe Nobody's. But I do think I do think that they recognized the high archy. They recognized the hierarchy, and this is person coming out here with a million dollars to get to do bag likely so he bowed down immediately.
Speaker 2: Okay, because going off for this point, going off for this part of the story, we then see or it kind of ties back to Rue going to Laurie to set her plan up as far as like the plan that she got with the DA, the plan that she's been talking about with Ali Danner Lexi, as far as setting these motherfuckers up and riding off in the sunset, and we see Rue go over to Lori's spot based off of Alamo, saying like, it's got to be you to unlock the key and get on our shit back, and she's trying to play double triple agent at this point, Ken, what did you think about Rue when she was tied up behind a burning in front of a burning bush? Another one as she was trying to negotiate her life and another deal with Laurie.
Speaker 4: The white racist people have become more and more bold as the season progresses, which I mentioned earlier, and because of that.
Speaker 1: I was concerned for Ruthe.
Speaker 4: Going back Blood on thee knows where they believe her, They clearly don't. What would they do to her because now she knows if she didn't know before that they're racism, they don't like black people, and especially the way the dad was talking and looking at her and the certain things he was saying, and I felt concerned for Rue. I thought that she was she was gonna be in trouble. I don't know that what they were going to do. Especially when the door was opening and slowly, I thought that may have been one of them. I thought that may have been the dad coming in there. Possibly, but uh, you know, it was.
Speaker 1: It was. It was a good scene that they did.
Speaker 4: Uh, starting from here on out, I'm sure we'll get to the rest of it. But yeah, I like how to about you know, the whole thing with the burning bush behind again, It's like, all right, I guess we're gonna just keep running with this whole religious thing just in case people didn't get it, especially a couple that with everything that Rus said earlier.
Speaker 1: So we just piling on here at this moment.
Speaker 4: But but nah, I like that they were They didn't immediately believed her, and she was really trying to convince them that, you know, that it was true.
Speaker 1: So it was. It was a good scene. I like how this played out.
Speaker 2: Nay, you can give me your thoughts on this scene, but I feel like we're all really trying to talk about the Faye part.
Speaker 1: This is.
Speaker 2: Because I can play devil's advocate for either side, but I feel like I know what side you're going with. Was Faye foul for how everything played out to how this episode ended?
Speaker 6: Bank drank the Nazi kul aid? Really, that's what I feel like. I feel like so initially, it's like she was.
Speaker 5: She the whole puppy dog, the whole puppy comparison right that her boyfriend was telling her, and you know the fact that you know she she does have an affinity for real, and watching how they were treating her like, she didn't like it because she's grown to care for Rue to a certain extent. But then once she realized the stuff wasn't where she thought it was, it's like it's like the Nazi switch went off because they paying to the Swats to cut.
Speaker 6: On her lower back or whatever, like they're trying.
Speaker 5: To kind of show us how Fase been indoctrinated into believing the Nazibs, and when she the money wasn't there, it's like, oh, he was right, you really are a liar. I really do need to basically put you down and woke and woke, go boy up. So I just felt like I was watching Fade drink the Nazi.
Speaker 1: Ul a.
Speaker 2: Mike, you agree, I didn't. I didn't read it like that. I just read it that this is just them just showing that face stupid. You know, she's blaming Rue for something that Rue would not have had.
Speaker 3: Any control over.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: I didn't even take Race into it though. I think that they panned to the swastika on her back because that was Rue seeing it, and that was to make Rue a little bit more tense.
Speaker 3: I don't know that.
Speaker 2: Faye is looking at Rue like oh this nigger did this x y Z. It just more so just felt like Faye just kind of goes along with whatever. She's one of those kind of women that just kind of takes on the persona of the person that she's dating. So when she said, you know, you're supposed to be my friend, I don't know that someone that was actually being indoctrinated into Nazi ideology would even consider like, oh, you're supposed to be my friend. Let's go get this money and get out of here. I think that that was just Faye being like, well, you said there was money in here, so I money.
Speaker 6: Didn't they see the money in the damnsing.
Speaker 2: That's so why would she blame Rue for it? Ru would not have been able to take the money out of there, so because Wu was looking at her like, yeah I did because I thought there was You told me there was money in here. So the fact that Fay is blaming Rue is just the sign of how stupid Fay is.
Speaker 3: I think she blaming Rufe for the dumb ass plan though.
Speaker 2: I mean it wasn't really a actum of a plan, because you think Fay can come up with a better plan.
Speaker 3: No, no, I don't. But I feel like that she's telling ruin that moment you told me these things were going to happen. Yeah, even smarter person, these things didn't happen. Why are these things not happening? And then just crashing out, like you said, like a dumb person in real time and her understanding like this, this this is no being with Ruth's not gonna work for me, and then she realizes what she has to do. But I do agree with you, she's a complete idiot. But she's blaming ru because the plan didn't happen, even though it's not Rue's fault.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I I looked at it as like kind of similar to what Mike said.
Speaker 3: I didn't look at it as Fae being racist.
Speaker 2: It was more of like I kind of looked at it like when Ruth was talking about the lies that she's told, she said I lied to like right when she was confessing all her stuff to Laurie in the gang, like she was like a lot of everybody, a lot of the thing, this, that and the third and Faye was around and I think she may have heard, and it was just kind of like an instant reaction like damn, Like the one time that I'm literally risking my life to help you, I feel like you dupe me. And again it does play on her stupidity because, like you said, like how the fuck was supposed to know what's in the fucking safe when the whole time you just been scheming on just getting into the safe. But once they realized, oh, all the shit that you got planned up doesn't really add to me and anything.
Speaker 3: It's like a plan that goes nowhere, not fuck it.
Speaker 2: Like because now, what's like Nate gonna know or we ain't gonna know that somebody went into the safe and all this ship. I might as well scream at and say now like, get myself out of this situation. Now you already dead in my mind anyways. So I mean, it's some white people easy to get out of, you know, get out of jail pre card. But in this situation, I don't necessarily blame Faith one hundred percent. Granted as foul, that's the one thing we can all agree on, but how we got there as kind of like, well, I mean, it's not gonna.
Speaker 3: Make no sense though when you wake up, because how did she get in the safe and why are you down here with her?
Speaker 2: He could say that she went into your waldin got your key while we both asleep, and.
Speaker 3: I came down here and saw her in the safe.
Speaker 2: No, okay, no, that's I think that this is not going to work out well for for either one of them, either one of them. But I don't think Wayne's gonna hurt Fae because he wants.
Speaker 3: To breed with her.
Speaker 2: But I do wonder how this is going to work out for Rue because I really did like the fact that the three D printed key did not work because this whole time, I mean, I don't know anything about three D printing, but I was like, this sounds stupid. Is this really how this works like I've never seen a three D printed thing, but like you took a picture of the key, we three D printed the key and that is going to work, Like keys are pretty intricate. I didn't think that was that was making any sense. So I like the fact that it didn't work. But also the fact that it didn't work. Is this another sign that Alamo's up to some bullshit?
Speaker 6: I think?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 6: I say, the fact that the money wasn't there is a sign that some bullshit.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and like he set Rue up to be back with them and to get caught up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, nay.
Speaker 2: Did you also did you hear this line when Laurie was talking to Ruin, she was like, what if I do something like how Alamo trees his girls, like stick your tongue with fentanyl or some shit like that. Yeah, And I think Ruth said something like, is that really how it treats the girls and stuff like that? Was that something that Again, there have been the last few episodes specifically they've been showing us that he's animal's a piece of shit, heart to heart, but that line felt very like like this is a demon you're working with, Like you looking at us as demons, but you working with one too.
Speaker 5: I mean, Laurie's been insinuating that the way Alamo treats for a man and like you like he has, like it's funny how you always end up with young girls and all those things. So she's kind of alluded to the fact that he's been involved in sex track the king and violence on these girls the whole season. I feel like, so I didn't think. I didn't really, it didn't really stand out to me because I feel like she's insane in all season.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: And I guess they they are the ones that disposed of the bodies or the women for right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I was just I just I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just I find it interesting how they're pulling the layers back on Alamo from various perspectives, and it's very interesting to his character. But essentially, when Faye screams Wayne's name, that's how the episode. Oh so you know, Ruin is gonna be in some ship trying to get out of a Nazi household, unscared.
Speaker 3: A post up right there with the gun.
Speaker 6: So she's supposed to make her way back to him by the.
Speaker 3: Mon I ain't understand that at all.
Speaker 6: Again, why I thought I think it may be some setups.
Speaker 3: Wait, why why don't Why don't you understand why he was there? What's he doing?
Speaker 2: He's he's waiting there because if Rube is able to sneak in and get the box, she's gonna have to get out of there. So he has to get out of there to ensure that she can get back to Alamo. Because whatever is in that box, which we found out, is the license, the driver's licenses of all these girls that Alamo has disappeared, and that is far more valuable than the money, because I guess that implicates Alamo in disappearing these women, So that's why he wants that box back.
Speaker 3: But that also that.
Speaker 2: Also removes part of the speculation that Alamo's in on it, because.
Speaker 3: If I thought he did too.
Speaker 2: But but he has to know those licenses are in there, right.
Speaker 5: No, I don't think he knows anything about that safe other than what Rue's told him.
Speaker 2: I think Mike's point he may know more than what he's given us as far as like an audience to whereas like we all think it's the money, and you know, it's easy to just focus on the money, but actually I feel like because of his businesses and all this stuff he got into. It's like the the the leverage of those licenses way went much more than anything they stole, because if that goes out, then I'm done because they're looking for all these girls.
Speaker 3: Now I'm thinking about it.
Speaker 2: Okay, So did did those licenses come from what they stole from Alamo's office or were those licenses already Laurie's state. If they were already in Laurie's safe and that means Alamo was partnered up with Lady to disappear these women, I think I think those licenses collect once you become like one of his strippers, one of his dancers.
Speaker 6: I don't think we know where it came.
Speaker 5: From because this is the first time we've seen any of that. So we don't know if that's a situation where because all we know is they got that fanny pack with the money and the drugs, and that's what she was looking for. So we don't know if the fannie pack also had these IDs and it we don't.
Speaker 6: I don't think we as the audience.
Speaker 2: Know, Okay, all right, just making sure I didn't miss something. But yeah, because Ruth to look on Ruth's face and made it seem like she well, I guess she could be upset either way because she would feel fucked up if it was Lori, and she would feel fucked up if it was Al that took Angel out. So yeah, man, this this episode was really really really good, man, really interesting. I can't believe it's only one more episode because I don't know how they put this up in a way where where we're satisfied.
Speaker 5: I mean, they're not. They just gonna kill Rue and Maddie gonna be a hole and at Alamo's bar and Maddie and Cast and maybe might be holes and Alamo's bar and Lexi gonna be writing her script about their lives, and there we go.
Speaker 2: They're gonna end it like the Wire, where you know, certain people seem to get away okay, but then the people that you really wanted to make it out there fucked.
Speaker 1: So I'm here for it, though I don't really think they're gonna kill U. Think.
Speaker 2: I think that's why they did the whole Book of Dead thing at the beginning of the episode. I think that that it's gonna end with Ali being like I lost another one, but let me throw one more thing that I was kind of interested in the fact that Bishop was not in this episode at all, Like, what is he up to?
Speaker 3: Is he really with Ru's mom? Because that would be really odd to me.
Speaker 1: He was in it?
Speaker 3: Wait, no, he wasn't remember seeing he was.
Speaker 1: I watched him both back to back. Never mind he was gonna Yeah the.
Speaker 3: H mmmm he killed the gattle what guy?
Speaker 6: He can't see him kill.
Speaker 3: The bathroom.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 3: And it's not like we saw a bunch of blood squirting or anything like that. No, that's true. That was the plan because he had a plastic I.
Speaker 2: Know it's it's what we inferred, is the plan. But he might have just been doing that to scare route.
Speaker 3: I think you can question. Yeah, I think Rule's gonna die. They've been alluding to it too much to see. Yeah, and when we see Jules in the last episode, was calling her. Did y'all see that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And I think that's I think that was jules last appearance that episode. I think so too of the season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they might have like a little short, you know, and then they might show it, right m hm, because she's gonna feel terrible.
Speaker 3: The last time I saw you, I slapped painting out of my paint and then totally get out of my painting the pain and asked me to get out. That's because I got another nigga waiting for me coming up. That's crazy. Bro Us is a beast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, any of the thoughts on this episode of Euphoria, we had one more left, It's see that's crazy.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm, Yep, it's good.
Speaker 2: I think there's going to be a season for I just don't know if they're going to get the full cast.
Speaker 3: Obviously Nate it's not going to be a part of it.
Speaker 2: But you know what I'm saying, I don't know if they're going to like if he's going to try to pass the torch and do something like Mike.
Speaker 3: You remember when Saved by the Bell when they went to college.
Speaker 1: We don't want to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we were talking about something and I brought that up, but I hear what I forgot what it was?
Speaker 1: Was it this?
Speaker 3: It was this?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: I was saying that they should have all stay all stayed in high school, like stay by the Bell?
Speaker 3: But what were That's what I feel like it's gonna be.
Speaker 2: It's like it's gonna be like a spinoff slash transition to another to another cast that.
Speaker 3: Would be horrible because who who do we who do we care to see? Yeah, they need a y superstar to do it. If they do that, don't need somebody superly super superly interesting, Ken and Nick? Do y'all think we're gonna die?
Speaker 1: I don't think she's gonna I don't. Yeah, I don't three two.
Speaker 2: Because because something tells me, and again Reddick can't correct me if I'm wrong.
Speaker 3: She got one more year left on this deal. And not anybody who they not gonna kill off. It's her. She is the biggest draw of this show.
Speaker 2: And and that's saying not because they killed off someone who just was nominated for an Academy and award. But all I'm saying is like she in every scene, she can make the show go forward, even with if you eliminate most of the cast.
Speaker 1: M don't know.
Speaker 3: If they don't kill her, I'm gonna be mad.
Speaker 2: I thought they were gonna kill the last episode when she was in the ditch with him about to hit her with the gavel or whatever. So once they let her go with that, I'm like, I think she's kind of plot proof. We'll see there, We'll see all right. Those are thoughts on this episode of Euphoria. Please let us know what you guys think. FPS podcast is our Reddit thread that's also our handof for ig and Twitter, and we'll catch you on the season finale of Euphoria.
Speaker 3: But we out Peace.
Speaker 1: Peace,