Speaker 1: And here we go here. Anything you have a chance against us, mister cowboy game what you like to do? Oh? I don't know. Play chess screw? When there's play.
Speaker 2: Chick, they give off the Jonathan Taylor Chuck cunning its way clock of the goal line.
Speaker 1: He's in there, put down.
Speaker 2: Nd Why Jonathan Taylor Wheeler hinds pod.
Speaker 1: Here's handiker into the front board, mishandled it. Mcgins a shot.
Speaker 2: FSI, John, I have never been bedroom to be on the air with you here in Indianapolis, a place where so many of my dreams have come.
Speaker 1: True with the ride with JMV on ninety three five and one oh seven five the fan. Hey, here we go live from the Indiana State Fair.
Speaker 2: We're at the Grandstand location where the Governor's Cup will take place a little bit later on with a variety of races and the Indiana's Standard Bread Association and our good friend Tony Rinz brings us to you on what has turned out to be a hellaciously awesome Wednesday afternoon in central Indiana. At least last check, I'm looking at it right now. This is not your ACU weather forecast by any stretch, But damn we'll take it.
Speaker 1: It looked like it was gonna rain or storm all day.
Speaker 2: And of course this month of August has super sucked so far, so you just kind of.
Speaker 1: Count on the worst and so far, so good man.
Speaker 2: I was out here on Saturday morning shooting a little bit of hoop and having a good time with the dust Bowl folks over there on the courts, the outdoor courts. That was awesome too, But this is a new level of awesome. And Tony Wrens and company will join us over the course of the afternoon and we'll further explain the level of importance right here. I know that they had some races and Jake was out here with Quarian Company a little bit earlier today, but we're going to settle some scores and championships a little bit later on, and Tony's going to explain. In fact, we have a list of folks that will join us over the course of the afternoon to do just that. So it is official. Keenan Allen is in Keenan Allen officially. I don't know what that means for me tomorrow. And this is kind of talking to you guys and Caleb Beck at the studio right now. I know DeForest Buckter is going to join us, but I put out the bat signal a couple of days ago, even though nobody with the Colts could say anything because it wasn't concrete.
Speaker 1: But i'd love to get Keenan Allen on this show.
Speaker 2: I'm sure it's going to be up to his discretion and his availability and all that crap whatever, Like five minutes, Hey, how you doing?
Speaker 1: Hey? Why are you here? Hey? That's great?
Speaker 2: Your relationship with Shane Stiken, like all the top of my head, in and done and quickly. But I don't know how that's going to affect the situation tomorrow. But we'll be up at Coats Camp coming up tomorrow drop like Grant Park Westfield, joint practice underway with the Falcons.
Speaker 1: They go back to back today and.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow, and of course coming up on Saturday that is preseason game number two, and we're going to be in touchdown tad for that leading you up to preseason game number two. So all that and then some and the conversation and again playing off of yesterday. There's no real new established ground regarding Keenan Allen, but it does not take a football genius by any stretch to understand that a move like that was going to be necessary. I don't know if that equates to more wins, more possibility is to win, a better team, a better offense.
Speaker 1: You just look.
Speaker 2: Around and you know that it was necessary. There's still some name dudes out there. I don't know if anybody had any interest in Tyreek Hill. I saw with the Texans reportedly lost a wide receiver from their cores a little bit earlier, as reported today. I don't know if that means that, you know, all of a sudden, guys like Tyreek Hill might get a little bit more interest, or maybe more so than Chase Claypool was here or Josh Reynolds was here, or you know whatever, the not so good Saint Brown who also tried out for the Colts earlier this week here. I don't know what that means for them, but I do know this, at the very least, the Colts absolutely had to do what the Colts did.
Speaker 1: And Keenan Allen, is that so funny?
Speaker 2: Normally, as I mentioned yesterday, you look around at moves in the NFL and you gauge them that's a good move, then believe me, that's a good move.
Speaker 1: Not downplaying it whatsoever. It's a good move.
Speaker 2: If it translates into being a good move, that's what it is, and that's really how we should go about the business. And the translation here. If this is such an important season where jobs are finally on the line, then you need help. And that was the most obvious of these situations on this team in which you need to help. But you can compare different teams in different sports and all that matters is the winning. It is weird to me how everybody wants to treat the WNBA and the fever differently. And I've said this all along, and I say this in videos. You should see the video regarding Stephanie. What a couple of days ago. Man, people are ah like this, Hey, Caleb, am I on you?
Speaker 1: Ah? That's how they are at me right there.
Speaker 2: Ah, I'm mad, see, And what you're mad about, you're not mad about the things that matter now.
Speaker 1: Granted, I'm with.
Speaker 2: You on the missteps and the non backing up of personnel of your players, but as I mentioned last week, when you doubled back and you took care of that and then the players came out and back to you on it, I'm sorry. You can still have your opinion. Please do, but it's really no longer open for debate. It should be put to bed. The problem is you guys. I shouldn't say. If you're not this, then you're not a part of the point of argument I'm making right now. But there are a lot of you guys out there that are just working on no thing but agendas, and you have been dictated the agenda in which you feel like you should go after, or that you want to tackle the reason why you're critical. I've been around here long enough to know this, and I'll be around here a lot longer, I'm sure, but it would be nice if anything, and I mean anything, would coincide with some winning. And frankly, you can judge all this, but that is the ultimate I said to a friend of mine the other day who responded, you know, regarding this, and it's weird. This is like the only sport that we follow to where ultimately, to you, winning is not going to be enough. I guarantee you Kayln Clark's not coaching this team, And if Kaylyn Clark were coaching this team, Kaylyn Clark would coach herself not to turn it over as much as she does. You want to know why because she looks in the mirror and she takes ownership of a mistake. That's what makes you an elite level player. That's part of the process. Yeah, sure, you can work hard every day, you can be focused on your craft, work harder than everybody else. I mean all that happy horse bleep right there. That's great. But at the same time, when you make mistakes, you take ownership.
Speaker 1: Of those mistakes.
Speaker 2: Fernando Mendez has said it yesterday and everybody was giggling and laughing about how this guy sounds weird and we got to change him, and it's all performative.
Speaker 1: Now it's not performative. That's how he's gotten along. Now.
Speaker 2: He's made himself a number one overall selection, a NCAA National Football Championship quarterback, a Heisman Trophy winner. That's what he's made himself into. And right at the top of that list is self evaluation, taking ownership of mistakes, learning from those mistakes.
Speaker 1: That's what happens.
Speaker 2: That's what happens, especially to those that are elite level. And it's just always going to be odd to me that with the fever in mind, you can get a win last night one on one ninety five. Then you can look up and down and the season. Kelsey Mitchell is having twenty nine points, twenty plus points twenty consecutive games, longest streak in a single season in WNBA history. Asia Wilson has the longest streak. I believe that was over a couple of different campaigns. Cayln Clark was outstanding twenty four points four to nine from distance seven Ninmes still turns it over a little bit too much. And really, if she's going to and she will watch the tape, she'll wonder, why, all right, so I'm gonna go behind my back right here? Why I'd ribble this off the back of my foot out of bounds in situations and situations you can get away with against Toronto, but others maybe not. But one of the reasons why she's the lead is because of that self ownership and the evaluation what you do. But evidently for some it's just not going to be enough and it's never going to be enough for the head coach. And I've had this thing peg from the outset. Has she made mistakes? She has, much like the WNBA has made mistakes. There's no doubt about it. But again, winning should be what you're all about at this point, If you're all about something else, then sports wise, you're not real to me. If you're all about the other crap and not about the winning, then you're not real to me. Then you're not allowed to make comments about the past ten now years with the Colts where you tell me it's all about wanting, So in all of a sudden, just because it's not the Colts, it's not nah, that doesn't doesn't flow with me.
Speaker 1: That's problematic.
Speaker 2: Now you take the lead of what somebody else has said and just kind of run with all of these different agendas. The hell with the agendas. It's about what your team does. And again, the ultimate judge of this is not how you know you respond or you know how you get angry and shake your fist in a pregame presser last week. If you're Stephanie White, the ultimate judge is how does team do compared to how it should Because you are offensively having a season that nobody's ever seen. You have a back court that nobody has ever seen. So if you fall short, that's how you're going to be judged, and that's how you should be judged.
Speaker 1: It is odd that many.
Speaker 2: Cannot draw that particular conclusion, but I know a lot of you want to suggest that they should have won by more than what just six points or whatever it was last night one on one ninety five. But they consistently put up ninety to one hundred, go over one hundred. That is impressive and it is so much once again, just like the Spacers teams that you fell in love with the past couple of years. And really it was the Pacer team the year prior to the seventh game of the NBA Finals and the Halliburton injury. It was that team when we were wondering, man, if you could just provide just a little bit of resistance, it will all be good.
Speaker 1: And occasionally they would.
Speaker 2: Most of the time they wouldn't, and I've often said this, when they're best player, Tyrese Haliburton realizes that he has to buckle down and get after it a little bit more defensively, and he cannot be so easily compromised at the point of attack. I'm not talking about ball screens or anything like that. I'm just talking about a step to the left and step to the right. These guys are ultra talented, but you always had Miles Turner to be there to at the very least, if not erase it, be a threat to challenge some going in as they form.
Speaker 1: A layup line.
Speaker 2: And that's exactly the way that it was going back, not the season before last, but the season prior to that with the Pacers, and for young players and especially high level young players. And I think this also accompanies that you have to be incredibly smart, You have to be savvy. That's not also lost on me at all in this equation is how bright you have to be, how good you have to be. All these things that are built in to your drive, but you have to recognize it. And part of that recognition is the understanding that you go through practice after practice.
Speaker 1: Working out on your own.
Speaker 2: Game wise, you have to recognize the flaws in your situation, the flaws in your system and the way you do. You work on that and you make up for that. That's what we'll watch for, and I think in a large part that's what we've seen with the Fever.
Speaker 1: It's weird.
Speaker 2: I know that some of you are still very uncomfortable with the Fever once they get a big lead. And again that's how we felt with the Pacers.
Speaker 1: Two.
Speaker 2: But I feel a lot more or comfortable with the way that they're playing all the way around, and I know part of it is part of it is I'm a little bit angled because I love the philosophy of your best defense.
Speaker 1: Is an elite level offense. I love that. Now.
Speaker 2: That's because not a lot of us really dig on playing defense. Sure as Helle not playing it or watching it. But the fact remains, you have to get to a certain level defensively to get to that championship level, and that's what the Fever, I believe, are continuing to chase right now. There are some categories with this team that you still have to get better. As I mentioned a little bit earlier, whether you're Caitlin Clark or the team altogether, you still turn it over way too much and you've got a side step that you've got to get better there. But in a lot of areas, you know, the sense of resistance that I'm talking about defensively, you can still improve on that. The fouling certainly has improved, but the advantage that they have is so much like the Pacers to where you get out and you run and you could say, as much as you want, I love playing this brand, this style of basketball, and then you're faced with having to play that level. Good luck with it, and you're playing a team that's used to it. Now, these ladies are used to it. The Pacers were used to it. Yeah, teams that you don't see all that often, even if you're in the Eastern Conference. It's a handful of games Western teams. And man, you're on a Tuesday or a Wednesday night in the middle of an NBA or a WNBA season and all of a sudden, you know, you are forced into Scotia Bank Arena. They're nineteen three in there looking down on you, and that pace is ramped up.
Speaker 1: Hello, cotton Mouth.
Speaker 2: That's just such to me, a tremendous advantage for the Fever like it was for the Pacers.
Speaker 1: Now you have, as I mentioned, you got to get better defensively.
Speaker 2: But when you start with your offense being a great defensive weapon, because teams know that you've got to keep up the pace, you got to keep up the scoring, and you're probably going to have to get something from others on that floor that you would not necessarily get. Incredibly impressive to me, we can hit that if you like the Fever a winner last night and they are humming right now on the road in Dallas coming up next. I think the whole insertion of Tempson in the starting lineup has also helped too, because it's kind of somebody that doesn't necessarily need the basketball, but we'll go and get the basketball, and that is part of what is necessary six and zero when she starts on the season.
Speaker 1: That's the fever.
Speaker 2: Sophie Cunningham at thirteen points, three for three from distance. Also some words regarding the future of the WNBA. This is something we all know, and I know you're going to say, well, wait a menute, you don't think that they need do leadership for the fever. When you're suggesting the WNBA needs new leadership now because the fever, A lot of you want to say, well, they would play this well anyway.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe so, but Stephanie.
Speaker 2: White has done a good job with this team, especially recently. Kathy Engelbert is not long for that position because there's going to be a shelf life on this There's going to be a shelf life on this entertainment, just like you think of it.
Speaker 1: From this angle, we are.
Speaker 2: Approaching a time to where this dialogue is going to be secondary. And a lot of you are going God hallelujah, but a lot of this dialogue is going to be secondary. With the NFL in college football starting, it just will be. And simply put, this league has not taken advantage. It's taken a lot more hits than it has advantage of the situations in which it's been given. And it's easy to understand the nineteen to three last night in Toronto at Scotia Bank. You know, American Airlines arena up next in Dallas.
Speaker 1: Hell, I don't know.
Speaker 2: They probably play in Longhorned Cattle Barn probably down there most of the time, don't they, Caleb Hell, I don't even know where the Wings play cattle Bard? Do they playing some cattle bar down in Dallas? Normally when the fever out there, when the fever come to town, you go to a new place than what you normally do.
Speaker 1: It is true way that it is. What are they? Yeah?
Speaker 2: So that's that's something that you only have a short shelf life.
Speaker 1: To take advantage of. And they need new leadership.
Speaker 2: And Sophie Cunningham is I think short quote was Bold commissioner.
Speaker 1: I guess Bold. I don't know.
Speaker 2: In terms of bold, bold who wants the best for the players and not maybe for themselves. But either way, this is not worked and it's not going to work, and there's going to have to be something done with that in mind. So Sophie Cunningham is not wrong and not wrong all about that aspect. All right, we can hit that at more two three nine ten seventy three one seven two three nine ten seventy on the text lote, I could see you working right here the grand stand of the Indiana State Fair, the Indiana Standard Bred Horse Association. I think I got that right. Tony Rams is going to join us coming up in a bit. We have the Governor's Cup we're gonna be talking about as well. Caleb Zuver is back of the studio. How are things going there without me today? I think over strong, Hey been good.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna see you probably until Sunday at this point, because you're gonna be gone.
Speaker 2: They're gonna try to hustle them. Yeah, they're gonna try to hustle my ass for this meeting tomorrow. I don't know how the hell I'm on to do it at one o'clock. Well, I gotta be up there. Well, and the problem is gonna be that's a joint practice, and that place is gonna be pack coming up tomorrow. Man, I can't be going up there at a two thirty in the afternoon.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 3: So we'll see what happens there. So maybe I guess I will see you tomorrow. But yeah, man, holding it down over here. We got a loaded show today, lots of guess moving in and out.
Speaker 1: But I'm excited now about that. All right. A couple of those I mentioned.
Speaker 2: John Nolan, the Voice of the Fever, is going to join us coming up a little bit later on.
Speaker 1: Tony RNs is going to join us as well.
Speaker 2: He's going to set exactly what we're going to witness out here, and we'll be talking about over the course of the afternoon here at the Indiana State Fair. Tony's going to join us coming up, I believe at the bottom of the hour. Tony's going to rejoin us coming up on Friday on a road show which will be absolutely outstanding. I'll explain that and Tony and I will get into it coming up here at the bottom of the hour as well. So we got a lot of guests here at the State Fair, and again got a lot going on in terms of the Governor's Cup, we shall explain. And some harness racing has already gone on out here and is getting set to get underway once again. And did I read this accurately? Is it David Kickner is going to join us? Correct?
Speaker 1: That's correct? Median? Do you know who that is?
Speaker 2: Before you were told he was coming on the show, did you know who David Keckner was?
Speaker 3: I don't know if this is backwards. I didn't know the name, but I knew the face. Yeah, so yeah.
Speaker 1: The name. You knew the name but not the face.
Speaker 4: No other other way around. I knew the face but.
Speaker 1: Not the name. Oh okay, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: So when you stands out, yeah, I think the name saying, there's no way this guy hasn't gone through life with people mispronouncing his name every day, No.
Speaker 3: Way, Yeah except me? But yeah, so it should be fun to have. He's performing Friday Friday Night at the Helium.
Speaker 2: So yeah, Helium Comedy Club. And Dave keck there's been on the show before. If you remember, he was a big part of Anchorman, both Anchorman's as a part of Champ the Sports Guy, a number of movies.
Speaker 1: Will Ferrell best friend. We know all about that too.
Speaker 2: But what's interesting is, like many of his contemporaries, he went through Second City in the Olympic Comedy Group in Chicago, Illinois, and if you look back on some of those former members, it is like a who's who of comedic film and stand up for decades, and he was a part of that. He was I believe the first season Will Ferrell was on SNL was that ninety five, I believe ninety five or ninety six. He was a part of that too, And I believe being from Tipton, Missouri, which is on the southwestern side of the state past Columbia, I'm assuming that much like the Paul Rudds of the world and Jason Sedekis, you also have been a part of the same films. But I'm assuming that much like those two, he is also a Kansas City Chiefs fan, and that Sunday Night are on the road in week number two and Kansas City Chiefs conversation, I'm sure with Dave Kickner who joins us coming up in the four o'clock hour. Other than that, a lot of being a lot of you at two, three, nine, ten seven. If you guys want to chime in. You can do that three one seven, two, three nine ten seventy on the text line, I shall read those two.
Speaker 1: It is a busy show.
Speaker 2: And the Colts and joint practices with the Falcons Matt Taylor and I. Instead of doing the normal Colts update, he and I are going to yack it up coming up here in the six o'clock hour as well.
Speaker 1: And then I'll be up there coming up tomorrow.
Speaker 2: And I know this to be certain that I know that deforce Bucker is going to join the show.
Speaker 1: I don't know if we can.
Speaker 2: Get Keenan Allen, but we are sure as hell going to try, as that's going to be my one and only venture at drop Light up in Westfield at Grand Park coming up tomorrow and then on Friday on the road.
Speaker 1: All that and more we'll explain.
Speaker 2: I've got tickets for you too, Deep Purple in Kansas, that's next Monday at ever Wise, and my good friend Matt Gowans keep it to the mind too. Triple A's got great deals going on for the State Fair Triple a dot Com. But my good friend who is the pres of Triple A, Matt Gowens, has given me tickets to give away for you to an incredible rock show. I'll give you a chance to win those a little bit later on as well.
Speaker 1: So sit tight on that.
Speaker 2: The fever from last night Keithan Allen with the Colts, that is official. I'll look around the NFL. The Texan's a bit compromised with a wide receiver injury as well. We got that and more coming up live from the Indiana State Fair. The grand stands, our location, do not go anywhere. Got us all hooked up until not even six o'clock, but with Matt Taylor going after six o'clock on a Wednesday. Thank you for joining us. It's ninety three five and one oh seven five a fan.
Speaker 1: The ride with JMV.
Speaker 2: And you're nothing but a chameleon, lemonheaded coward talent and I'm got.
Speaker 1: For you, buddy. You're gonna pay for it. Good night, Thank you very much. Ninety three five and one oh seven five the Fan.
Speaker 2: Hey, welcome back to the State Fair. Governor's Cup going on right now. I should mention too, because there's been a lot of speculation regarding live golf and whether or not it will continue after this weekend at Chatham Hills in Westfield. CEO Scott O'Neill confident that Live Golf will continue as it attempts to remake itself amid present financial hurdles and no funding from the public and investment fun of Saudi Arabia beyond this season. Now it is in Westfield, as I mentioned coming up later on this week, and one of the reasons why people thought it was all going to fall apart is because he had scheduled a concert that it had canceled. But their CEO suggests he is confident that it continues.
Speaker 1: He said, don't bet against us. I would.
Speaker 2: Bet against it, firmly bet against it. I mentioned too. We'll get to Matt Taylor coming up at the top of the hour. Our Colt's Update is going to be live today with me and the voice of the Colts, Matt Taylor.
Speaker 1: From the Texans camp.
Speaker 2: Today, Jaydon Higgins torn acl According to a report, he would be out for the season, so obviously that is not good for the wide receiving corps down in Houston. And we'll get the latest on the groin injury to Tyler Warren, the cold tight end up at coach camp a little bit earlier today, that of DJ Gettings too that a Moore coming up, Tony Wren's one final time. I know you got a bail here, So the Governor's Cup continues here at the State Fair. And you and I and Brent coming up on Friday.
Speaker 5: Friday at Taylor's up in Ingles, looking forward to that. We've got racing tonight at Hoo's your Park, Tomorrow night at Hoo's your Park, Friday and Saturday. You know we're in the middle of the championship meet. Yesterday was day one hundred, one hundred and sixty day. Meat come out and see us. Got a lot of good racing coming.
Speaker 1: Up Friday, My brother, I can't wait for it.
Speaker 5: Absolute thank you pal, Hey, thank you guys.
Speaker 2: John Tony Wrens right there, he rejoins Brent Holverson and I coming up on Friday meantime. On the Andy Moore Automative Group hootline, he is the voice of the Fever. Nice win on the road last night in the midst of a road swing. In fact, John Nolan joins us, Hello, John, how are you damn.
Speaker 4: B I am good.
Speaker 6: I'm joining you from the streets of Dallas, where the odyssey is continuing for the Fever. If you can't hear me too well, or if you hear too much street noise, let me know, would have been smart if I had packed the headphones here on this trip outside.
Speaker 4: But alas, thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you this, there's no way in the world this will be as awkward as my conversation with David Keckner, the actor from Anchorman, a little bit earlier.
Speaker 1: So I think you're all good.
Speaker 2: You can basically do anything right now and nothing will be in that category.
Speaker 6: Should I start saying whammy or something though, talk about how much I love LAMB, Well, I'm actually in front of a big lamp right now.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, you could do a lot of things and not get close.
Speaker 4: That one on the podcast though, Yeah.
Speaker 2: We'll have to figure some things out for real. That is John Nolan with us. Hey, first things first, Kelsey Mitchell obviously in the midst of an MVP race right now, and the Fever are playing as well as they have all season, but obviously overheating was a part of what we witnessed last night. Anything latest wise on the Guard of the Fever.
Speaker 6: I think the game status report for everyone should be coming out.
Speaker 4: In the next half hour or so.
Speaker 6: But yeah, I'm going off of what Coach White told us post game last night, where overheating. If anyone caught on the TV broadcast it, O Caitlin pointed out how warm it was. And this is actually the third time in the last four games that the Fever have been playing in a building that was probably hotter than it should have been. But yeah, optimistic that for Kelsey there won't be any any carryover.
Speaker 4: But we'll get our sacks come up soon.
Speaker 2: Let's John get into the hotness of the buildings. Here is it because it is packed? Well, our our teams not paying their energy bills too. I mean, we're in a spot to where you have a c These are state of the art buildings. This is not like the Boston Garden in nineteen eighty three.
Speaker 1: So why all the heat?
Speaker 4: Good question.
Speaker 6: I'm not typically a conspiracy theory guy, but I'll tell you that in Atlanta on Sunday evening, I actually did hear from a facility staff that the air conditioning was malfunctioning. I could tell by their body language that it was a rough day for them.
Speaker 4: Because that was not.
Speaker 6: A preconceived plan to conspire against the Fever. Last that I don't know Scotia Bank Arena opened in ninety nine. It's kind of a little bit of an outdated building. The Tempo don't normally play there. I guess they don't often. Yeah, they're not usually hosting nineteen thousand, three hundred for basketball games in the summer.
Speaker 4: So I don't know what the issue was there last.
Speaker 6: Night, but it is puzzling Minnesota Earlier this month was another one where it felt warmer than it I should have been.
Speaker 1: That's John Nolan voiced the Fever.
Speaker 2: So I'll go ahead and attempt a conspiracy theory right here because I like them. I don't often believe in them, but I like to talk about them a great deal. This is a fast paced offense that everybody defensively would love to slow down. Is this a measure and a means in which you think other teams are on the road for the Fever trying to slow them down offensively?
Speaker 1: You know what?
Speaker 6: I think the WNBA has had enough headlines this year that I.
Speaker 4: Won't touch that one.
Speaker 6: But obviously it's something that winds up affecting both teams, and so yeah, you know, going back to that game in Atlanta on Sunday, it seemed like Angel Reese was as winded as anyone with how warm it was. So no, I don't think that this, But yeah, to your point again, as a reminder for folks to appreciate this Fever team, it is an offense like the WNBA has never seen before, averaging better than ninety six points a game. No one's ever scored more than ninety three game before you Caitlin and Kelsey basically setting new records every time out. So yeah, teams definitely are trying to figure out a way to slow them down, but no one has really effectively pulled it off yet. Kelsey last night still with twenty nine points even if she was limited to twenty four minutes.
Speaker 2: John, how in the world though, with facilities, I don't care if it is twenty years or so old. I mean, it's AC, come on, it's have people standing by. This is a professional league and it's not like it was back in the day. So that to me is a little bit hard to understand. AC malfunctioning. No, AAC not enough, not being used to nineteen three in your building, that is all a little flimsy to me.
Speaker 4: I I'm not going to disagree with you.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to disagree, John Nolan is with us unprecedented offensive prow from this back court, and certainly this team offense would be playing as well as it has all season long. What has brought all this together?
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, jam V Hughes repeat that question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what is what has brought this level of unprecedented offense at the WNBA with this group altogether this season?
Speaker 4: And a key piece would be the health and continuity.
Speaker 6: You know Caitlyn obviously everyone knows miss most of last year and then it was a little bit stop and go the first month or two this season.
Speaker 4: So I think the fact that they have been able to continue to to build.
Speaker 6: I know when you've had Debbie anton Elliot and she's used the term layering, adding layers to what they're capable of offensively and defensively, and you know, one of those extra wrinkles or a couple, you know, ones that stand down on the offensive side. The fact that Allah has turned into a premier shooter, the fact that Caitlin is taking what the defense gives her so of late that's been becoming pretty lethal in the mid range. So just the fact that no one's complacent and continues to add what they're doing in the fact that Kelsey Mitchell has just become completely unstoppable.
Speaker 2: Boy, there's no doubt about that. John Nolan, voice of the Fever, kind of up to join us. He is on the Endymore Automotive Group hotline the Fever over Toronto last night, and you get more of the Fever obviously, and what they've accomplished during this run too. And yeah, I think that the the insertion of Timpson into the starting lineup during these times as well, that's so paid off for Stephanie Wading Company.
Speaker 6: Yes, in multiple ways, because obviously KK continues to emerge and you can just see her starting to gain confidence and be more aggressive and go to the basket with conviction. And then I mean what she does offensively is just a BTUs because her real value is her rebounding and her defensive versatility guarding you know, every player on the other team point guard through center. And then also give credit to Monique Billings who's doing a solid job coming off the bench as the backup five compared to when she was starting at the four, and the coaching staff and kind of crunched the numbers and determined that you know, Moniques yet better playing the five rather than as the four alongside of Leah Boston. She's been a real professional about the changing her role here at this point in her career. So yeah, credit to everyone from the coaching staff for making the midseason move and then the way that the.
Speaker 4: Players have responded.
Speaker 2: John Nolan, Voice of the Fever Fever back at it. That's coming up tomorrow night. They're on the road in Dallas and then Saturday Sunday back to back twenty second twenty third at New York and then at Chicago. We know with that last win over Dallas that the Wings were compromised without a doubt.
Speaker 1: Are they going to be healthy coming up tomorrow night?
Speaker 2: Are at least more firing all the cylinders that they normally would like to see?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I'll know.
Speaker 6: Jessica Shepherd, who has become one of the top forwards in the w NBA, started.
Speaker 4: In the All Star Game.
Speaker 6: She was out with an ankle injury and missed that game at the field House last week, but in their game since then she returned. Now some news that actually just broke in the last hour or two.
Speaker 4: Is at easy fud Fellow.
Speaker 6: Cottage cheese enthusiasts for Ehamv the number one picking the draft out of Yukon. She has been rolled out for the season with a knee injuries. So Hazy Fudd as a rookie not quite the same impact as Olivia Miles with Minnesota, but Fud was coming along well.
Speaker 4: She won the three point shooting.
Speaker 6: Contest at All Star weekend and had turned into a starter for them.
Speaker 4: So that is a blow for Dallas.
Speaker 6: They'll obviously continue to be without her then for this game tomorrow, but yeah, I think for the Fever it's going to be challenging, not only because they're on this.
Speaker 4: Arduous road trip.
Speaker 6: It's a Dallas team that's definitely going to be coming in with some hunger and urgency as they've been on a skid. But now it'll be their second game with their star shepherd back, so that'll make it tougher for the Fever than it was last week.
Speaker 2: And the one thing that I want to see them get better at doing, the Fever still turned the ball over too much.
Speaker 6: Yeah right, and you know Caitlin would admit that last night. And it's basically been a repeating pattern for some of these games, where the Fever build a comfortable you know, fifteen or so point lead, and then you know, it's like their gracious hosts and they turn it over a few times in a row, and it's like opening the door to welcome the other team back in. So you know, I've joked it and made for some more dramatic finishes, more entertaining broadcasts probably, but you know, for the sake of the team, that's definitely something they want to rectify.
Speaker 4: They've shown some progress with that. Yeah, last night was.
Speaker 6: A case where it flared again in the third quarter into the court.
Speaker 2: You know, and and how many of those last night where I would like to call it uncharacteristic, but sometimes it isn't. We're completely unforced turnover Sjohn, Yeah.
Speaker 6: I mean, Caitlyn as a tremendous handle, So yeah, I mean you had to kind of do a double take when there was the one time where she dribbled it off of her foot. But you know, again, I think credit to Kaitlin for having the mental toughness and pretty much anytime it's come up here where there's been a question about anything, she's been able to address that and improve and get better defense as an example recently. Right, So you know, I got confidence that in time, the turnovers will be cleaned up. I mean, actually, going back to that last game against Dallas on Friday, she had tennis sist's only one turnover.
Speaker 4: I'd say that's a thing.
Speaker 6: If you can bottle that up, you know, that only ups the odds for the Fever as a title contenders.
Speaker 2: All right, it's at Dallas coming up tomorrow night. You can catch it right here. John Nolan, the Voice of the Fever on the call Mick Tidrew has you coming up tomorrow at seven point thirty. I believe that is a prime video game on TV if you want to find it there, But obviously we want you to listen right here on the streets of Dallas, Texas. It is the Voice of the Fever, John Nolan.
Speaker 6: Yes, and stay tuned a Indiana Fever. On social media, we're doing what they call the some man on the street interviews. Although get to what credit the folk to Dallas were being smart enough to not be watering the streets when it's one hundred and three degrees outside here.
Speaker 4: So our Fever digital crew.
Speaker 6: Right now we're watering the streets trying to find some basketball fans. But uh, you know, right now, people are either working or somewhere where the air conditioning is working, unlike some of these arenas.
Speaker 1: Well. We'll see.
Speaker 2: Now you guys are in the American Airlines tomorrow night, right.
Speaker 6: So surely because the Wings don't, that AC is gonna work. Yes, fingers crossed. The Wings don't usually play there this season. They actually are going to move all their games there next year. But yeah, moving it to the building where the the MAVs and.
Speaker 4: The Stars in the NHL play.
Speaker 6: So yeah, it should be another huge crowd and uh and a fun game and hopefully cool.
Speaker 2: John, I appreciate you. Yeah, no doubt, John, I appreciate you right much. What we'll test that conspiracy theory tomorrow night.
Speaker 6: Pal, all right, I hope this wasn't on the Mount Rush more of awkward interviews for you.
Speaker 2: Nothing's going to compare to it after the day we've had so far, John.
Speaker 1: Thank you, all right?
Speaker 2: Hanging there, Manley, Yeah, John Nolan, the voice of the Fever on the Anymore Automative group hootline. Hey, Caleb, do you believe in the conspiracy theory that the heat's being turned up to salow them down offensively?
Speaker 4: It could it could be.
Speaker 2: That would be the ultimate test right there instead of the art American Airlines areno whatever that is in Dallas right there, the home of the Mavericks and the Stars. There's zero way that the AC is going to be broken and he's repaired, or the stadium is outdate and two crowded and you can't get it cooled down enough with so many people in there.
Speaker 1: Right, that's what three? Did you say?
Speaker 2: Three consecutive times on the road, it's felt like the heat has been.
Speaker 3: A there's I remember back in the I think it was twenty fourteen finals, the Spurs were playing the heat and they made Lebron cramp in Game one, So I don't.
Speaker 1: Know they did make Lebron cramp.
Speaker 2: That was down That was in San Antonio, right, and it was about one hundred and something outside, and they kept the heat up. So how did back in the day you watch all these Boston Celtics games in the finals and they're playing the Lakers, for example, and it's a one hundred and fifteen in there, and they're still playing and everything's all right. Weird stuff, it really is. Hey, I've got tickets to give away, let's do those right now. Kansas and Deep Purple that show's coming up on Monday at everwise Amphitheater downtown Indianapolis, number nine on the text line of three one seven, two, three nine, ten seventy, number nine on the text line Deep Purple and Kansas tickets we will give away and Matt Taylor and I will converse about a lot of things that went down a little bit earlier.
Speaker 1: Today.
Speaker 2: It is the Coles Dally Update with me, I and I coming up at the top of the hour. We're live at the Indiana State Fair on what has been an incredibly enjoyable Governor's Cup so far, but a bit of an awkward day in the four o'clock hour on this show, it's all a part A day's a day's work, no doubt about it. With Caleb dan Vee here ninety three five one oh seven five The Fan