Speaker 1: The Frames per Second podcast, The Frames per Second Podcast.
Speaker 2: Hm, what's going on, y'all?
Speaker 3: Boy?
Speaker 4: Nick Uh, I don't even know how to how we go call this, but shout out to all the patrons who are tuned in.
Speaker 2: We heard John voices, We listen, We actually respond, you know what I'm saying. But what they say, Jenny, we listen, we don't. We don't judge. That's what it is. I felt judged. I felt judged on my review. I'm trying to help feed the streets. These niggas said that they hit me with the Kendrick lamarket. It's not enough. I was like, what I know. I know I'm remote, but they trying to make a nigga feel so we Yeah, we listened to y'all.
Speaker 4: We saw y'all chatter about us not covering this movie f one that just dropped a few weeks ago in a in a I was telling Jay when when we were recorded that day, I think that this is like one of the best movie years underrated, Like it's I feel like I'm predicting that to happen because so far We've had a really really good summer in my opinion, we still got stuff coming out, but Yeah, we wanted to make sure we capture F one.
Speaker 2: I'm here with Kenneth By and and Doc. What's going on, y'all?
Speaker 3: Not much?
Speaker 2: So, like I mentioned F one reviewing a how many movies has he done? He's done?
Speaker 4: This is his second or third sports movie, Brad Pitt and this is you know you can you a Brad Pitt fan?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: He's fine.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't. I don't hate him. I don't.
Speaker 2: I'm saying, do you follow him?
Speaker 5: Though?
Speaker 2: Like I didn't say, would you want him to invite you.
Speaker 1: To you following? Like he's in a movie? What I want to go see? Are you gonna go seek out?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Are you gonna go seek out that movie because he's in?
Speaker 5: Nah? Nah?
Speaker 4: I guess I'm the only Brad pit fan because I actually know that he's only done like a few sports movies and they even really good.
Speaker 2: Have y'all seen Moneyball?
Speaker 5: No? Oh wow?
Speaker 4: Okay, it's a tough crowd, all right, So let's just get to it. It's Brad Pitt and dancing indries.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, oh, thank you for and Nick on that jail? Where that jail?
Speaker 5: Wi?
Speaker 3: Fi he done froze?
Speaker 5: Damn he froze? Good too.
Speaker 3: Well, I guess we could jump into until we wait until you get back here. What did you think of the film? Can?
Speaker 1: I really enjoyed it. I really enjoyed it. I gotta give Appley. They definitely marketed the movie heavy. They spent money. They spent a lot of money to make sure people knew.
Speaker 5: It was out.
Speaker 1: It was a movie that I wasn't really interested in seeing, but you know, having a AMC premiere thing, you get access to all the movies. You know, it was there was nothing to go watch it, so and I just went out of curiosity, like to see see if it was going to be any good.
Speaker 5: And it was a very long movie. I was.
Speaker 1: I was annoyed that it was two and a half hours or whatever long, but but I was all into the story and everything that was going on here.
Speaker 5: So I walked away impressed with what I got.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm with you as far as the promotion, Like, I have Apple TV, so every time I went to the home screen, they was promoting it like, which is kind of weird that they do that because it's like they promoting it, but you can't even watch it on the like on Apple TV.
Speaker 2: That is weird. You, Yeah, you gotta go to the theater.
Speaker 3: I don't get what they do. I mean, it works obviously, but it's kind of still weird because it's like I want to click plays, like all right, I'm into it down. So if the person just like forgets about it, it's kind of like pointless. But I also it does work. Its effective. So and I know when we had our meeting, I was telling us that we should review it because I was saying that because I was interested in it more than Megan.
Speaker 4: When he said that y'all picked Megan over this, I was like, bro, y'all streets did. That's that's what I streets is did. Ain't no damn way you make me do that robot movie over this.
Speaker 3: I felt the thick man.
Speaker 5: But I don't. I don't make the choices. I just go see the selections.
Speaker 2: Don't do that, don't do.
Speaker 4: That, don't do that, don't do that that that soul just ship talk about. And we was just giving orders. This was a block bru It's Brad Pitt and dancing Interest. This is two people that I was that I had. I was seeking out to critique because they they hold a presence. One one has hold a presence for a long time, and one is like trying to hold one.
Speaker 3: So those are the way you're saying day you said they very strong, that like both of them are like name No, I'm just saying, but both of them are at interesting points of their careers.
Speaker 4: One is trying to be what the other guy is and one is trying to go off on the sunset literally, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So it's like.
Speaker 4: That's that, that's just that was just what was happening around the world. F one is actually as interested to me as what was going on in the movie because I'm critiquing in that way, like it's damn in the movie.
Speaker 2: Did you walk away thinking Damnson.
Speaker 5: Was a movie star? Not yet?
Speaker 1: I mean, but he held his own against Brad Pitt. But you know, it's Brad Pitt, bro He's been doing this for years.
Speaker 2: But this ain't a great Brad Pitt either. This is just a really good I know.
Speaker 1: But he could just but that's the point, like he could just show up and not even try and just be good, you know, because just the season Veteran.
Speaker 3: Exactly like he's gonna be in the shadow of Brad Pitt no matter what in this film, like and I feel like, well, I say, I enjoyed the film. I really like, I really really liked the film.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think we all liked the film. We all liked the film. It's not shitty at all.
Speaker 3: But as far as him, like when we talk about that, like I don't expect him to really shine as much with Brad Pitt being the focal point and being as big as he is, like damnseon, like he held his own but the story didn't even focus on him enough for him to really shine per se. So I can't even come off in head like come off this and.
Speaker 2: Be like not, let's not do that. Let's not do that. First of all, because first of all, we all know that it's a Brad Pitt movie. Ain't no more saying that.
Speaker 4: It was a question about that. However, second of all, we all know that people steal the show. There are shows stealing characters, performances where it's like I came away from that movie more interested than I e. The Dark Knight, that's a Christian Bale movie, but the he let it was so good that you look at it like that's his movie.
Speaker 3: But he's a co star like that there's a difference like that Samuel.
Speaker 2: Jack Samuel Jacks, Samuel Jackson in polpe fiction.
Speaker 4: It's a it's a lot of other people's movies before him, but he comes away.
Speaker 2: You come away thinking like that's his movie.
Speaker 5: Are you trying to say this was damon movie?
Speaker 2: This is no.
Speaker 4: I'm saying, this is the opportunity to show us that he could do that. But Ken, That's why I asked the kid, did you come away?
Speaker 3: And I don't think that's fair because he wasn't a like he's You're taking him as if he were like a headline and coastar. Hell on the damn poster. He's small even to them woman.
Speaker 4: On the project bros. He's headlining this movie. He's a headliner. Damn headlining this. You know he's not the headliner. He's not he's not top billing. But he's a headliner. It's a festival. You got you got Drake, You got who else is up there?
Speaker 5: Kid? You got who's up here? I understanding say.
Speaker 4: Drake, but him saying he's like he's He's like if if Brad Pitt is Kendrick Lamar, he I'm expecting him to be school boy at least.
Speaker 5: They use Damon to get flat people to watch the movie.
Speaker 3: In a way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I'm not what's he good enough? What's he good enough for that? That's why I'm ask you can Yeah. I feel yeah, I feel like he did. He did enough. Man, I feel like, damn, I want to hear.
Speaker 2: You, Jay, you go great that they gotta curve I'm not great.
Speaker 3: I'm not great on you the nice teacher.
Speaker 2: I was talking to the personal.
Speaker 4: The principal gotta deal with fast?
Speaker 2: He deal with fast? Are these kids passing a failure?
Speaker 5: Kid?
Speaker 2: That's all you want to know. I'll here, dad, what little Johnny going through?
Speaker 5: I think it's an interesting movie.
Speaker 1: And from the standpoint that are when I when it was over, I'm like, is there a passing of the torch? Oh versus new And I think I walked away with Okay. I think I saw enough of him to give him another shot to be a headliner in a movie. This is the first time I walked through. It's like, Okay, I think he could actually do it. I didn't see Franklin. You know, he's spoken as he did. He didn't he didn't have his act scene. He spoken his native tongue or whatever it is is normal accent. I thought, which was good, and I was like, Okay, you're doing all right. The young fella. You might can carry a movie by yourself. Brad Pitt is a shining star.
Speaker 2: I'm again.
Speaker 4: All I'm asking is because you said that you'll give him another shot.
Speaker 2: I agree with you.
Speaker 4: By the way, Jay, this ain't me trying to ship on him. I'm just saying that.
Speaker 2: But it's like, it's like the.
Speaker 4: Knicks got to the Eastern Conference finals, right, that's a great accomplishment. There were a top four team left for the championship. Most teams would would kill for that, even just to be top four.
Speaker 2: But you didn't get to the title. You didn't. You didn't.
Speaker 4: You didn't get to the final dance. And that's the conversation. I'm like, why, why are you? Why do we have hope.
Speaker 2: That he will do something when he didn't do something?
Speaker 4: Because I'm with you, I'm wanting to give him that grace because I think he does have something. But I'm also nervous that if he because that next film is probably gonna have more pressure than.
Speaker 5: This one.
Speaker 4: Because you look at I'm saying, this is a bigger conversation because we're looking for the next black actors one of them.
Speaker 3: You're putting that, all right, matter of fact, I ain't gonna say that you're doing that. I still have other great actors. I didn't come here looking for him to be some spectacular actor in an action type film like a sports action drama. Like I didn't expect him to be some over the top actor. I still have other black actors that I can go look for, Like, yeah, Dan Kauie isn't still out there, like John boyeg. Like there's that. There's multiple listen.
Speaker 2: List ended right there.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm trying to say. But talk about how long? How long has the list ever been? Thought's listen.
Speaker 2: Back in the nineties, this was knowledge. There was there was a lot more niggas.
Speaker 3: Those actors did a specific type of film, now a range of films.
Speaker 4: You you had Terrence Howard, you don I know you tears Howard?
Speaker 3: Look you put tears Howard?
Speaker 2: Do you know what I'm saying?
Speaker 4: There was a there was a moment of timeh bro Hustle and Flow was a big movie.
Speaker 3: You named one movie. You named one movie, big big as a doing a lot of the work there too, So he was.
Speaker 2: He was a he was a he was he was the first Roady.
Speaker 4: He was supposed to be the MCU and all that ship because he got he got.
Speaker 3: You think, and we got a better roadie, right, don't we have a better roady?
Speaker 4: Listen, listen, you ain't go ahead exactly say nothing about with Chito. However, I do find it hilarious that he got a job because Terrence Howard turned it down, because at that time, Terrence Howard was bigger than do Chto.
Speaker 3: But the list has never really been that long, bro, is what I'm saying. Like it never has it.
Speaker 4: Was I was you just you cut me off because you didn't like the names that I said. But there was some names like dig Like there's a lot of names where like we went to go.
Speaker 3: Dig Bro this dude can He just said, Diggs Can?
Speaker 4: These are these are? Are these not actors that led movies? You just said a leading man.
Speaker 2: I didn't say that these movies are greater.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's what that's what you're talking. You are comparing him in this film to Brad Pitt or him being up next. Like the names that you did name, they pretty much stayed in the same lane. For their whole career.
Speaker 4: I'm not I'm not I'm not asking, I'm not. That's okay. This is where I'm adding clarity. I'm not saying he should be an A lister with Brad Pitt. I'm just talking about is he an A lister within the black I'm only I'm gonna do a funk about the A listers for the white man.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying for us, is he one of is.
Speaker 4: He one of the next ones that's gonna carry that the black actors moving forward? Because the other ones that you want to mention that you talk about that glorified, they're old. Now we ain't gonna see them. Denizel said about to retire about two movies.
Speaker 3: Again, Nick, how many A lists black actors can you name? Bro That all the more reasons, okay, but you make any saying, you know, your statement basically say that we're basically losing them. That's the way you were framing it, and we were losing him.
Speaker 2: He had them.
Speaker 4: We have three, We had a few, as a matter of fact, Denzel, Will smith Man and Don Chino.
Speaker 3: Is he he's a great actor.
Speaker 4: But you're saying a list talking about a list, Oh, Denzel will Smith, Samuel Jackson, if he's a one note, if we're gonna.
Speaker 2: Don't do that, he's an A list. So we said a list. I'm trying to think exactly. I gotta.
Speaker 3: A lot of the A list. If they a list, you ain't got to think about it. When you think of a list white actors, you can rhydle them off. Not I not.
Speaker 2: I said the cat.
Speaker 4: No, there's not a lot of a list white man actors that Okay, I see it's.
Speaker 2: Only Leo and uh maybe the list.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. I am saying, who are a list? I'm not saying that you care about you know.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: That a list. That's what ALIS means. Their their their household names. You don't even films.
Speaker 2: You just okay, there's only three.
Speaker 4: It's Brad, Tom Cruise and Leo. Everybody else is like, mister who the fuck?
Speaker 3: That is not true. As much as I don't like him, Jared Letto is an A list actor.
Speaker 2: Lets, yes, you've seen this last three movies.
Speaker 3: It doesn't Again, it doesn't matter about the quality of film. It's about whether they're That's what I said.
Speaker 4: The request we got dollar, we gonna have to move on, because that's what I said earlier that y'all said, like, oh Blackbusters.
Speaker 3: No, that's what they said to you when they was arguing. They and the rest of them continue though I got we like this movie F.
Speaker 4: One A the A List or whatever list.
Speaker 2: We wait, it's Pendance still.
Speaker 4: So I hope that My thing is that because he's rumored to be to Challah, he's supposed to be.
Speaker 2: He's rumored to be the Black Panther movie.
Speaker 3: How many films does it take to be an A list? How many? How many times do you.
Speaker 2: Get as in general as black people?
Speaker 4: I guess that's black people. We're talking about a black person and black people. How many times you get two shots? And it's usually within your first three to four movies.
Speaker 3: So what are the other two movies?
Speaker 5: He was in? Who Dancing?
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, he was in Well he has I don't think movie. Yeah, he had that Netflix movie with Anthony Mackie. He got this. I don't think he has that many on his belt. But like so far, because when.
Speaker 4: You talked about Daniel Kluia and you were say, in this first three four movies, he could tell he was a.
Speaker 2: Leading man, he was an a list.
Speaker 4: Mhm say, I don't even like Snowfall like that, so like, I'm not trying.
Speaker 2: To anyway.
Speaker 3: Continue.
Speaker 2: The ending was trash, but yeah, I fun with Slow Fall Ken.
Speaker 4: So with this movie, what was you saying, is like the your favorite part? Did you actually give a fuck about the story or was it just all about.
Speaker 1: The racist it became, Yeah, the story is the story. I think the story was there just to get me to the racing, So I think eventually I became more and more interested in the racing part of it. The racing was way more it felt way more realistic then I tested paid it and the way they shot it, the way they set up detention and the losing, I thought they did a really good job, especially comparing that to other racing movies that we've seen like Grantarismo. I wasn't overly impressed with that. So eventually I was like, how they gonna do the racing and you can definitely see the investment that they spent in that and just to.
Speaker 5: See how the story will progress, like where's this climb?
Speaker 1: Fall and climb again? So but the story is just the story is what it is. You know, we've seen these stories of Domond does and it's just how good can you tell the story and present it to us where we would be interested enough to follow it all the way through?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think the story was good enough, Like the the real draw was being in that being in that car bro especially sitting adobe having like the sound, the way they shot it. The action scenes were intense. The story was a very familiar story. It didn't it wasn't It wasn't bad or like too cliche. It was enough turns and enough there to make me give a care about it. But it wasn't anything over the top where I was like like fully enthralled in the story, like oh my god, like is he gonna come back? Or are they gonna win? Like are they gonna Like? None of that really really was like the selling point of the film. And I know me and you talked about it, Nick. The selling point really is this is one of those movies. It's an experience in the theater, Like you can't watch this at home and get the same feeling that you would get sitting in the theater watching this film like you see it on the big streen.
Speaker 4: Then doing the shots of you being in the car, and then them doing the solo shots on their faces, like seeing all that and experiencing the sound and everything else.
Speaker 3: That's what really sells the movie. The story is just.
Speaker 4: I feel like that it was intentional that they wanted this movie to be focused on the race. They spent a lot of the time, a lot of their budget probably just on the racing a law, and it shows the story.
Speaker 2: I do think it was more violent than I thought.
Speaker 4: It would be, but it wasn't dangerous either, you know what I'm saying. Like I was, you weren't scared, Like when I when but Damn Sen's car.
Speaker 2: Went off the thing and you see the something fly off. I thought that nigga was in the air. I thought they was like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I thought they ejected the nigga and like he did, and Brad Pitt got to deal with that, you know what I'm saying, Like his nightmarees happened twice over. I thought that's when we were going like I thought we was about to get dark when.
Speaker 2: He like but it was like, you know, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: But it's like.
Speaker 4: I thought we were gonna really go there with racing and how dangerous the sport is because I think another part of this movie, like a part of the story, is also explaining the sport to people who aren't familiar with So they did a lot of that.
Speaker 2: So I think, again, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: They focused a lot on the race and making sure like if you come at least anybody who watches it, you may not like the movie, but you're gonna come away at least learning about more about the sport. They did a good job with that, but I still wanted them to be a little bit more risky, especially with all these like the movie starts off with a crash and that's crazy, and then but it also shows him like how Sunny is a fucking a demon behind that the will you know what I'm saying, Like because he could just win any race by just as smarts and his experience.
Speaker 2: But I wanted them to be a little bit dangerous.
Speaker 4: Take somebody off the boards, you know me, Like let's let us let us feel something, because like I said, like it hit the beats of like okay, you.
Speaker 2: Lose, lose, lose, and you win.
Speaker 3: Have you have you ever been in a car accident before?
Speaker 2: I've been an a fender bender all about you, what about you?
Speaker 5: Ken? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, for me, that they kind of raised the stakes cause I've been in a car accident before, So when he flipped the car like going that fast and like, yeah, it probably would have gave more to the story if he did die, like he even like ohh ship like he had to carry this on for the rest of the film. But I think it added some intensity there when when it happened to him, and then for us to learn more about Sonny's background, I don't think. I don't think I needed more of like a sense of danger because maybe I have the background of being in a car accident and understanding how like crazy that that is. So seeing that car flip for me was like, yeah, that's when have y'all shipped there?
Speaker 4: Have y'all seen that movie Ferrari with Yeah, I'm saying you see how they was taking motherfuckers off the border that movie, kid.
Speaker 5: That's what I was. That's something that was a real accident people, and.
Speaker 2: I didn't know about that story.
Speaker 4: That made me want to do more research on it because I was like, what the fuck that made?
Speaker 2: That elevated the movie to me?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I get what you're saying, but because even though when you see a lot of depths like that in Days of Thunder, you had a lot of accidents, and you saw how dangerous the track could be when there are these pile ups that were happening on.
Speaker 5: The on the on the track.
Speaker 1: But I don't know if the movie was explicitly intended to be about that. We just we we understood how danger it was through Sonny's background, and we saw.
Speaker 5: What's what's Damon's character JG what they call him JP.
Speaker 1: You know, his arrogance, Like from the first moment he met him, he was arrogant and thought he was better and thought he was just old and didn't know what he was doing, which is how he ended up in that acident that you know, but I knew he wasn't gonna die. You know, he has to come back and and get back in the car again and that so but I see where you're coming from though.
Speaker 4: And I don't want to do it because he was a black dude too, But it was also just like that would have been very interesting, just like the whole team nowly has to that would give it obviously a reason to rally together.
Speaker 5: But yeah, they couldn't do that. They couldn't do that. They couldn't kill either one of them.
Speaker 1: What I what I what I really loved about the movie is I felt like they really gave me some background or some insight into what it's like with racing the pit stops, like the the details, like I don't know all I see our cars driving around in a circle, you know, so for me seeing like the way they're clocking the pit stop. When the lady fucked up and she got a ass cussed out and.
Speaker 4: She deserved that ship, I don't know why they try to make her a sympathetic character, like like, Nigga, what.
Speaker 5: The fuck she was sucking up?
Speaker 2: Though you fucking up? This is everything is about speed and your ass sloan fu out of here.
Speaker 4: That's why I ain't trying to do that. They trying to make the black man the bad guy. She deserveed to get cussed out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm what you can't like that was the I think that was another draw is bringing us into the world of f one, Like they really did a good job of doing that. Like you talk about the speed, like they made that a thing of how fast they gotta go into the pit stop? Talking about in the three seconds and they showed it on screen, like how everything is happening so fast in three seconds? You felt that you felt that intensity there or also the luxury of F one, how big the sport really is even though we are not fans of it, Like so after I saw this, I talked to one of my homeways, like, bro, I love F one, like I love that film because I actually follow the sport, and like, the more he was talking about it, the more I see how grandiosa is in the film. That's really how big the sport is in the world. And I didn't know because I'm not, like you said, I just thought some cars are running around on the driving around on the track, Like who really cares about that? But it's a huge sport. And the film showed us that by going to Dubai, being in Vegas, going to all these places and having the different ways the tracks look and all that, Like they really sold how good, how big the sport is. I would be interested in attending an event. I don't know how interested i'd be into the sport, but I'll be. It made me interesting, like I just want to check it out.
Speaker 2: Don't do that, you're drinking the cool lay too.
Speaker 4: But just this is this is, this is as close I'm getting the f one because y'all, y'all touched.
Speaker 2: Y'all was trying to.
Speaker 4: Be uh acting like y'all being cynical to sport me being cynical. Can that's a lot of gas being wasted that I could not want to if you.
Speaker 2: Want to get that to me.
Speaker 4: Look, I think they spend a year's worth of gas at least every race, So it's.
Speaker 5: A lot of money, period.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying car.
Speaker 4: But but you but someone buying cars and someone fixing up cars, that's their money.
Speaker 2: That's fine. Whatever. I need that gas, I need that gas. I don't need the car. I ain't doing all the goofy shooting.
Speaker 3: You can say the same thing about any other league. The niggas thinking private jets, ways and gas when they get to go commercial.
Speaker 5: Bro.
Speaker 3: So what you're saying, it's all.
Speaker 4: That's the That's the thing that I noticed the most when I watched the races, And second of all, being there doesn't seem much fun either, because it's just like I.
Speaker 2: Don't know, I guess it's me.
Speaker 4: I think what the movie did was like I love just watching you racing and this also gave me a feeling of like Grand Turismo and need for speed, like being able to feel like them. I'm in it, I'm playing the game like. I love the feeling for that. But outside that, nigga, I ain't going to know. I'll go to the countries.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. I catch you out the race, Jay, you know saying with the biddies.
Speaker 3: But that's my point.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: Did you see how luxury like them them.
Speaker 4: Places one of them groupies look like. Though you ain't show none of the groupies.
Speaker 3: Hey, but I'm pretty sure the money they was talking. Bro, you see how Damnson was living, nigga, he gotta have some nigga. That bad ass car he was riding in with his manager when he after the race, niggas and niggas making cake. So you know the biddy somewhere it got to be close.
Speaker 5: It wasn't winning a damn race.
Speaker 4: He wasn't winning with the nigga nigga and he was living a dark nigga, dark skinned nigga dream.
Speaker 2: In that movie. All he did this whole movie was trying to look good.
Speaker 3: That's why.
Speaker 4: That's why we criticized. That's why I'm criticized that like you're worried about Look at you, nigga. You start acting through some ship.
Speaker 2: They had treadmill trying to yell.
Speaker 4: He was doing a head exercises like a goofball like figgas.
Speaker 3: No listen, Nick, I'm looking at this list of places they have racist South Africa, Japan, Argentina, Miami, br BR And they ain't show.
Speaker 2: They ain't show no groopies.
Speaker 3: Mechanics ain't got to because I know yet, Hey, I know where it at and I know where they be the race to go.
Speaker 4: To know that. That's what I'm trying to But this this, but this is a good movie. This is a good blockbuster movie. It made a lot of money. I don't this isn't a franchise movie. Though you ain't about to make F two, you know what I'm.
Speaker 5: Saying, Like, I don't know. I think they could think.
Speaker 2: But how but like what's the states?
Speaker 5: Like? Easy? Easy?
Speaker 1: I don't know if there would be states? Well, I think the states could be success. Now they managed to save the company. They're very successful, and then something happens where it all comes crashing down again and he has to rebuild it back up.
Speaker 5: Your's a typical little story. Like the.
Speaker 1: Issue is, first of all, I know they were in their debating trying to figure out who the hell was gonna win this race, and they tried to play it safe by having both of them win, between Damon's and Brad Pitt.
Speaker 4: But we know who the headliner is. That's why I don't even know why it was in debate. It's like to me, as dancing, like you don't sign off for this movie, think you're gonna win.
Speaker 1: That he could not win the race, Like I was like, there's no way he's really gonna win this race. And he did not win the race. And then they were talking about this mother flying. It was like what does he do when he's flying? I thought his dad was gonna pass out because he was seeing triple so again, Like you know, I always say this in movies, white people can do.
Speaker 5: Someone made some things. This motherfucker just been crashed and he's in the driving on the track.
Speaker 4: You saw the blurs, you saw the accident that he survived the first time. That was after that the movie was a superhero movie. You thought, I think it was the nigga. They had the clots of laptop. You couldn't even watch the ship.
Speaker 2: That's how bad it was.
Speaker 4: But you want me to believe that this thing in forty plus out here fucking bitches and still driving better than ever fort.
Speaker 3: But it's ken, right, bro, Like, hell, we we thought we creed. Where're you gonna go from here? Now we got three of them things like hell, nigga, you see you've seen the Mighty Ducks too, and niggas.
Speaker 4: All those things is based off of like you can find another opponent to to be interested, Like that's another character. The opponent is time, Like you know what I'm saying, Like that's we this movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it would always be timed race and racing. The only opponent is time when to come to race.
Speaker 5: Let's get Timothy or whatever his name is.
Speaker 3: If you would love to have more content from Frames per Second, become a patron where you can contribute to what we review and discuss. Our Patreon gives the listeners the power to nominate and vote a monthly discussion and film review, while also nominating and voting on weekly solo reviews from each cast member. You also get the opportunity to vote on the publicly released anniversary film, all exclusive to our Patreon. So become a patron at patreon dot com frames per.
Speaker 2: Second, where there are two tiers you can choose from.
Speaker 3: That's Patreon dot com forward slash frames per second. You could even you could even do a side story, like the side story of that dude that was the third person. He ends up leaving and going to another team and ends up winning, like and he they become the top and they gotta do something.
Speaker 4: But I'm assuming this, I'm assuming this is what I'm assuming this first before you finish.
Speaker 2: I'm assuming that Damn Son is the lead character. Yes, my Brad Pitt is not gonna.
Speaker 3: Get it, and Brad Pitt probably come back to me a consultant or something. They find. They make him Rocky ball by Boa like it broke. It's ways for them to continue to make this a franchise. Whether it work or not. That's that's whether the writing is good enough or the action scenes are as good as this. I mean, but it's possible. And you know they're gonna get greedy, probably because it made money and Apple has a pocket, has a deep pocket to do whatever the hell they want to do. It's possible. They owe us we got to see a.
Speaker 5: Black man win the race.
Speaker 4: Get up, hey kid, when I knew that coming in once I was upset, they tried to tease it like that he was gonna do it. I was like, no, I don't even do that because you just go already know that they ain't gonna make it. They made somehow somewhere his car malfunction.
Speaker 5: But you wouldn't you want because I know the one in that cheer because I actually.
Speaker 4: Saw im that's going to ask That's what I's gonna ask, like because Jay, you brought that up. As far as seeing Adobe, I saw Adobe as well. I don't have IMAX around my area. What's the I know you couldn't probably tell the difference, kid, because it does, but I saw one.
Speaker 2: I was like, is there a difference?
Speaker 3: Yeah? And for me, I'm I'm Adobe because it's audio. But with IMAX you do have a longer screen, but you can tell that the screen is a little bit bigger. So if you want more visual from it, go see the Imax. But if you just want like the immersion of the sound and everything.
Speaker 4: Because I go to because I'm I'm with AMC and they and sometimes certain movies they'll say like, oh we shot this Adobe, you know, so like that. I think that with Jurassic World the most recent one, and I forgot what other movie. I think maybe Deadpool or Mooveverene was also like, it's like, we shot this with Adobe vision, and then.
Speaker 2: I know some movies that shoot it with Imax vision. I'm like, is there a difference. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I only went to im because it was the it was one of the earlier shows I could find my preference, like Jalen you, I guess Niggas is aobe, you know. I wish I would have seen this Adobe so I could hit the damn.
Speaker 5: Cards souming by me.
Speaker 2: I was a kid again, Bro. I was like, no, nothing but all that I was looking around.
Speaker 5: Just passed me.
Speaker 3: He j.
Speaker 2: I had a bitty to my left, bro was. We had a nice little time, even she she was like, I don't even know I like racist, Like, so yeah, it was. That was a good ass That's what I like. That's all I've gotta do this review again.
Speaker 3: I'm reminiscent.
Speaker 2: That was a good ass day.
Speaker 3: But now they already talking his ideas for the sequel.
Speaker 2: Bro likes to make you better get.
Speaker 1: Breakfasted like you got Likedris coming back makes sense.
Speaker 5: Whatever.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: I liked it.
Speaker 5: I like the fact that they could they could recycle this back around as now he would be the headline and and just tell this story. Bro.
Speaker 2: I think over here y'all might be setting that nigga up FA failure.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 2: I don't think. I don't think they need to touch this movie. They don't need to make it as a franchise.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 3: We didn't. Honestly, I'm not saying he's as big and I don't I don't expect him to be, like, but that's y'all, that's y'all thing. But Michael B. Jordan, we didn't think Michael B. Jordan's like at that time, Michael be Jordan wasn't wasn't uh some actor that we thought was.
Speaker 2: Like a headline, but he hadn't but he had a movie.
Speaker 4: Well, Michael Jordan's almost really outlider because he he was on hits before he even became a movie star. So like people saw that he could be a star, there was wayne what movie was gonna be. They needed prove heal, But like he was. He has memorable moments in the wire. He had a memorable moments in Friday Night Lights. To show you that he's a he's a good actor. We just need to see can he do it on the big screen? So, and you know what I'm saying, But Michael be did in his first movie. He didn't in Fruitville.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: He proved that nobody watched that ship.
Speaker 3: Yeah it was okay, and then.
Speaker 2: He doesn't and then it was more impressive. Can he went back to back and did it increase?
Speaker 5: Is that?
Speaker 3: Do you feel like Damnson has shown you enough that he deserves a chance to be because he doesn't, he's the other chance to be?
Speaker 2: Yes, has he shown me off his he is?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: What about you?
Speaker 5: Ken? I think he deserves a shot.
Speaker 2: But if all he could do was Franklin, if all he could do was a fake.
Speaker 4: Ass thinking from La, he didn't do that, I'm just I'm just saying, that's what's on the That's what's on the line though, And that's that's a.
Speaker 2: Whole other conversation that we're gonna keep coming back to it.
Speaker 1: Like this is why I thought this movie was important for him, because even in the other movie, like I couldn't get snowfall Out, but then this one, you know, I didn't see that you know, as I mentioned earlier, so I think it was a very important movie for him to kind of try to break away from that.
Speaker 5: Oh this was a risk for Apple to go get him and put him in this movie. It was.
Speaker 4: It was and I'm also but I'm also thinking King it was because somebody was like, now I ain't gonna lose his race. I gotta witness one they passed the Buck down and he was a nigg and I was like, look, I will buy losing the Brad fit as long as I could be in the movie.
Speaker 1: That was one of the things, man, I you know, sometimes these movies hit a little too long because you're.
Speaker 5: Sitting there like I remember. It's like.
Speaker 1: It's like I remember when Brad Pitt was Damon back in the day, Like you know when when like if I was a young Buck right now, why it is like to say, Damon would be the younger version that's about the rise, and then you'll be watching the older version of a guy that used to be the ship back in the day. This was really almost almost like mirroring Rad Pitt's career as now you're the aging actor, like you're now the Steve mc queen of my generation. And there are these young guys, these young actors from the guy that was in Doing and all these other guys that are propping up that's coming to take your spot, and you're just this is like your last you know, ro man. And but that's seeing that and seeing myself in Brad pitt Is as something.
Speaker 5: Bro.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got to say for you to say that, it's nuts exactly.
Speaker 4: But my thing is, y'all need to act like stop acting like we're from different generations I grew up on.
Speaker 2: I'm with you on that can.
Speaker 4: I'm seeing myself through it that Like I'm like, that's somebody that This is someone who I've watched a majority of his career who I've just come to get used to seeing.
Speaker 2: And then when I looked at him in this road, but I seen him slow in this world. Yeah, he wasn't. He wasn't a youthful.
Speaker 5: Bot like it was.
Speaker 2: There was some parts where he was slurring his words a little bit, and I was just like or.
Speaker 4: Just coming off of it really, and I'm just like you, And like, granted he's he's in the best shape for whatever age he at for, especially for mister white Man, because.
Speaker 2: He don't have to be Mama loved him. Yeah, yeah, but I.
Speaker 1: Loved looking white man exactly.
Speaker 2: And that's the thing. He can still get you. He can get your mama and your system.
Speaker 4: But my thing is, I think he is safe Thokain because again the conversation had earlier, I think he's the last of what he kind of does. So like all these other young bucks they're doing, they're doing a template of what he has already been doing, but they're not able to feel the.
Speaker 3: Huh. Yeah, I said the same name with Tom Cruise two years ago.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying like that, I don't think No, I think he's the last, like Tom Cruise is the last what he does Brad Pitt as well, there's Leo is one to Denzel's one.
Speaker 2: Like there are certain actors that I'm looking at, like birth. There's not gonna be any kind of we used to be able to make a factory of like all right, you just next up, you next up, you next. We're not doing that no more. Tipt Chal mat as great as good as he is, good to great. However you want to judge them, he ain't. He ain't gonna ever be that. Nigga's not gonna pay money to.
Speaker 5: Years.
Speaker 3: I guarantee you, I'm not gonna say that. I think the difference the problem is they had more of an the lord because of so social media didn't exist, so the only time you really saw them was either like when they wanted to be in the tabloids and when they want to scream, like you have so much access to all these actors now, like it's it's blurring the line. But I think they're just as big, like they're gonna be. They can be just as big.
Speaker 2: This This ain't about famous. This is about talent. That's what I'm talking about it.
Speaker 5: It's a little bit of both.
Speaker 1: But I think for me just watching for me in this movie, for them to kind of at least at least my perspective, the vision I got is like these guys are crossing paths and it's like.
Speaker 5: This young buck in this movie is like you're you're old, young man.
Speaker 1: It's like, but the old guys like, now I got some ship to still, I can I can educate you, I can teach you the game. Like in the race he said he he like, he told him, he said, don't pass, wait until you pass, wait until you get them straight.
Speaker 2: And what does ass do.
Speaker 5: He tried to fucking pass Rick damn near died. Didn't even have the nerve to tell mama.
Speaker 2: How you crashed when you throw me under the bus on the track, Nick.
Speaker 1: And then he was so jealous because Brad Pitt was holding it down and then crashed into him and cast him to lose a race so he can win.
Speaker 2: Bro, what the hell? So damn he he saund like the biggest hater.
Speaker 5: Someone, Bro.
Speaker 4: Someone said, that's kind of like the when you talk about F one. They said, what's what's like your biggest opponent in that is like the other races? He's like, no, this may be your partner. Like your partner may be the thing that actually holds you back more than anything else.
Speaker 2: After other River was, yeah, he was the guy.
Speaker 1: He was the one doing all the even after he craft like everybody wanted to know about him. And then next thing you know, here's this guy he on the treadmill running and this motherfucker running on the track and shit, and next thing he knows, he got a gang of people that's running around with him.
Speaker 5: And then towards the end when he got to hate the ship off he run with him and.
Speaker 4: This is why some of the movie is using some of that energy and Jalen, you know what I'm probably talking about too, like ted Lasso, Like I felt like this was a if ted Lasso.
Speaker 2: Was ad for speed or it's like if you mix ted Lasso with four of Verus Ferrari, you get this movie. Like it's it's like you get the feel.
Speaker 4: Goods, you get the nice jokes and all that stuff, the beautiful uh people and the and the environments, but you get that gritty uh we in a fucking racing movie. Four Verus Ferrari, that action scenes that because that's the that's the only movie that I was really comparing this to, because I was like, that's I still fuck with that. Like acting wise, it was better than this, and drivel wise it wasn't. But like you know what I'm saying, Like you can if you watch those movies back to I think you would, you would be hard pressing which one was the better movie.
Speaker 2: But I I'm just acting too, because you just tell me you ain't given fun about the story. You just kept on talking about the cars and all that shit.
Speaker 5: F one man one was a good story. I want to see Rason. I don't want to see a story.
Speaker 2: And spoilers the nigga. They took the nigga off the board to spoiler alert.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I think again we're arguing about other ship outside and when the movie is a great movie, you should have gone.
Speaker 2: Seen it in theaters.
Speaker 4: Apple is fucking with people by just having this a big ass sexy uh trailer for it and all that other stuff, but you can't watch it until at the end of the month. If then you got, I think they say that what you got forty five days after the movie's released before it goes on DSPs.
Speaker 3: Man, I'm I'm still excited to watch it in my living room.
Speaker 2: So I mean, yeah, your dog gonna go crazy seed that mother.
Speaker 3: I got some roundside in the living room that nigga ain't like you when I'm watching that ship.
Speaker 2: Be marking like a mother for going to fuck up your whole experience. But any other.
Speaker 3: Thoughts, I.
Speaker 1: Really enjoyed it, man was It was definitely a surprise movie for me of the year. I do regret that we we didn't review it, but I felt like, well Rod did like it, but I felt like we probably would have been the only two that really fuckedoul it like that I suspect I don't know, but uh, but I'm glad we got a chance to talk about it, because as soon as we're all like, damn, man, who should have reviewed this?
Speaker 5: Damn? I want to talk to somebody.
Speaker 4: You should You should have felt that way out during the first intro. Hey, that's a bad this is like this is his last great movie. He went out like how he was supposed to. Like you said, can he came in like a rock star? He's gonna leave as a rock star? That was a rock star intro. I haven't seen a good intro like that to a.
Speaker 2: Movie in a minute.
Speaker 4: Don't even throw your eyes like that, bro, I'm you tell me maybe five maybe five movies you've seen this ship that had a better intro.
Speaker 3: I ain't time. I'm talking about the rock Star. He going out of the rock Star. I guess, man, I'm talking about this.
Speaker 4: I don't know his real life ship. I know there's all the other ship that people be talking about. I'm just talking about as an actor. I don't know all the other shit.
Speaker 3: Again, I'm not the biggest Brad Pitt person. So if you say so, I take your word for it.
Speaker 5: I have to go see the movie.
Speaker 1: Here's what I will say to what Nick saying. I don't I get it, bro, Like this was a blockbuster movie, like this was felt like top Gun, Like they're going back and finding like formulas that work and and I don't know how many other like maybe Tom Cruise could have pulled it off, maybe Leo, but.
Speaker 2: It's not a lot of things.
Speaker 5: Only get to do this. You have to the guy of his stature.
Speaker 3: Ye out of that question. We're we're gonna end up back in the same circle. I know.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying I think for a brad Pit, Yeah, this for for him to go, I think it's I think.
Speaker 2: You gotta go with a guarantee. And there's only a few motherfuckers you can guarantee like that's gonna execute and make people be like I want to see that again?
Speaker 3: Hey man, we do? I just wrap up.
Speaker 5: This is the perfect Blockbusters bro, it is it is.
Speaker 3: We still got more though ain't anything. Only three that's y'all name but cool, Okay, Patron a Blockbuster actor.
Speaker 2: Now we were about were about to see We're fantastic.
Speaker 5: I don't know, I don't think.
Speaker 1: I don't think he could have he could he's acting would have been good, but it still would have been the blockbuster.
Speaker 3: That is a no, no, no. I get your point for the black food for Brad, but I'm just saying, like there's people who are different.
Speaker 4: Never man, I think Pedro could have pulled off the part of his homeboy. I think that's the only sit that's the only switch that you're gonna have with that.
Speaker 2: That car that he pulled up to that laundry mat.
Speaker 4: Jay, that ship was sexy as hell. But if I squandered out three hundred mil, bro, don't ever, don't ever do nothing for me.
Speaker 3: Hey, hey, man, that's that kind of call. That's that kind of girl. You know you want to fuck me called? You just gotta get up out of it. And she ain't gonna say. I say nothing else.
Speaker 4: I was shocked that he drove up to a laundry mat with that bro top down at that too, Nigga, That ship is sexy as hell.
Speaker 5: Boy.
Speaker 2: But yeah, this is a.
Speaker 4: Great movie that will do it for us. We appreciate y'all tuning back in for a conversation. We went a little bit all over the place, but it's because it's a great movie. So there was other things that we wanted to address to talk about. Let us know if you guys think Dann Sindris is a superstar or not. Let us know if Bran Payton is still a superstar or not, and if you went to F one, let us know how accurate this movie was.
Speaker 2: But that I'll do it for us. We'll catch you on the next one. Yeah. Peace,