Speaker 1: Hold chess man half swooming.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, you want to help you to the tea.
Speaker 3: It's garyt.
Speaker 1: Gary has the tea and the color other day.
Speaker 3: What up?
Speaker 1: Gary?
Speaker 4: Good morning, Ricky, Good morning America, Good morning you. Is my day, A beautiful, beautiful day in the neighborhood. And here's what's happening in celebrity New Year. Okay, rick it this past We're gonna have a wonderful weekend. This past weekend, I did a lot of seeey. Yes, I did the fight, y'all. I didn't believe I was you went to a boxing match. Yes, I that was my first time ever going to a boxing man's and it was really interesting.
Speaker 3: It was really nice. The people were.
Speaker 4: Nice, honey, and I and I sat there and in George and soth'ing like all right there for the boxing matches.
Speaker 3: This time you got drugs. Was wearing gowns. Baby, these girls was dressing up carry ready. I see that they came ready baby your ring shigne yep. I was writing a couple of seats.
Speaker 1: Up from the videos from the back of you.
Speaker 3: Radio. They be clear, huney when you zoom that day, i'n camera, honey, you ring sign Cameron, I was right there that video.
Speaker 5: You send your ass up there in that back of the church.
Speaker 4: Church with you know, when you get those sigcrets from where, honey, you be having to be in the building, Huney, trust me, they was really honey, nosebleed. But I came down, honey, just for me and or two. So but anyway, thanks to Gil, he got me those little tickets. Huney, big the lead and turn flips.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 4: Also this weekend, y'all, I was part of the National Association.
Speaker 3: Of the Black Journalists.
Speaker 4: You've been hup with that, Yeah, shout out under the Miss Cheryl Smith and Miss Amanda Fitzpatrick.
Speaker 3: It was real nice.
Speaker 4: But Ricky, everybody's raving about the award y'all.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, the award that stephen Ate What was it?
Speaker 4: Damn Stephen A. Smith received this weekend. Now they're saying that, you know he was. It was a salute to excellent award job and the n a b J president y'all, the five thumbs down award jot, and they went to the chairman, y'all up the FCC and the Washington Posts and y'all, the wonderful mister Stephen a Smith, y'all, And here's what Stephen had to.
Speaker 2: Say, sports adalyst political commentary. When Smith has established the recruing public pattern of disparaging commentary and directed and prominent Black women across politics and sports and media, and such commentary reinforces homeful narratives, undermines the fear and respectful representation of Black women in public discourse, and stands in direct conflict with nadj's long standing commitment to paturate unresponsible and inclusive portrayals of Black communities.
Speaker 3: That's what we said about Steven, y'all. But Stephen has criticized women.
Speaker 4: They're sending criticized women in like Hunting, like Representative Jasmine Crockett, former Vice President Kamala harrisyall, and farmer First Lady Michelle Obama.
Speaker 3: But now earlier this year, y'all, theyre.
Speaker 4: Sent that the former ms NBC host Joy Reeds Hunting accused him of repeatedly, y'all, directed hard commentary toward black women.
Speaker 3: Now the President, y'all of the nab on him.
Speaker 4: Miss Aaron Haynes, y'all, she said this about the Thumbs Down Award.
Speaker 3: We are here to defend the truth, and.
Speaker 6: That means telling you even when the truth makes our friends uncomfortable.
Speaker 4: Especially then, so to everyone whose name was called tonight, here is so wonderful way.
Speaker 1: I believe it should be not simply a thumb's dawn, but a call to you.
Speaker 6: The jo is open, the conversation is available, and the opportunity to change is real. But NADJ will not be silent, not in this moment, and not on.
Speaker 3: My watch, she said, had a whole.
Speaker 4: I didn't know Steven said such bad things on it, you know, against African American women. So but Stephen has as of yet to make a statement, I said. I heard Aldi was supposed to release one today. So we're gonna see what mister Smith had to say about this wonderful award.
Speaker 3: All right, moving on in under Celebritian news, y'all, Oh my god, there's rumas that there. People are saying allegedly it's being reported out there, the.
Speaker 4: Wonderful Dionne said and his beautiful golfriend Caruci.
Speaker 3: Tran may be on the house job. Now they're saying, y'all, oh yeah. Now they're saying, honey, it's been a roy y'all.
Speaker 4: A d on coach prime sets and his beautiful actress girlfriend Karoshi Train may be on the rocks, on the on the on the sdrinks. Now they're saying, rooms have been flying across the blocks out that the high profile couple might be hitting the pause. But Honey on their relationship after caroushi, y'all was fighting Honey living her best life Baby on a lavish European getaway. Honey with her best friend, Miss Christina Million. I there saying, y'all, while Coach Prime remains locked in a football training cap. Honey and bolt to Colorado, they said, Bud, before everybody go to Russian things, Honey, they're saying, y'all MT eight, you know, cut break down, you know the things.
Speaker 3: What's really going on? They just sending to the breakup. Chatter reached a fever pitch, y'all after social.
Speaker 4: Media, Honey noticed y'all the stark contrast in their daily routine. Y'all over the past week. Now here's here go, y'all, not here's go. Karuchi training her trip, they said. Karuchi Train has been floody timelines and with stunning photos alongside Christina Million Honey as they toured.
Speaker 3: So then you're soaking up the sun, baby, sitting.
Speaker 4: On jocks and serving high fashion summer looks now coach.
Speaker 3: Primes grid on grid, they say.
Speaker 4: Meanwhile, hundred and fifty eight year old Deon Sanders is fully immersed y'all in pre season preparation with his Colorado Buffalo squad, running y'all high intense fall camps and focusing on his roster. But he'll just taking the break, whisper, they said, because the two have listened to this, and Honey, wherever they'll smoke feel some five, they said, because the two happened made a joint public appearance in recent weeks online commentary pages. Immediately I began speculating that the twenty one year age got Are there intense, honey? The man Then schedules caused them both to take a temporary step back.
Speaker 5: Yeah, football practice, Gary, I mean the football season about to start.
Speaker 1: This realm intense right now. The coaches gonna be having time.
Speaker 5: I mean he in there watching film and football practice three or four practices a day, probably in trying to get all that stuff together, because it's a lot of pressure. He's the head coach of a big college program like Colorado Buffalo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but men like deal, honey. One day woman, right.
Speaker 4: Besides, you're gonna have all these bikinas and own yacht send things, honey, take that.
Speaker 3: I can't see the honey, No man, not a man in all the season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in the summer, but he's working right now.
Speaker 3: And you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: She don't want to go to all those football practices every day. She want to travelers, you know, and.
Speaker 3: Get in her life with her right now. Not to mention, he's gonna be unavailable all day long. So what are they gonna what she gonna do while he's a practice.
Speaker 4: Well whatever, there's a little something I reached out today on that I have to get to get a return, responded, won't reply to you. Well, well, we don't see the honey, because I just feel so demn love you. I know that's a good buddy of mine, honey, but I feel bad for Carucci though you.
Speaker 6: Feel Badruci is a good friend of mine, and she's living her best life and she is very much happy.
Speaker 4: Well, Deane is a good friend of mine, and Honey, he's out there on there grid, I know, but I know how.
Speaker 3: You know what I say, Well, we don't see because I feel so bad. Don't feel bad. Don't feel bad, No, don't feel bad. They're good to be all right, don't you think so? Because I feel it's just saying. I mean another they do, period, they do. That's it.
Speaker 4: The woman on there in the string for Kenahunty on the boat gallivations to wear, should wear a nice shot.
Speaker 6: I don't nobody want them tanlines go ahead and I Gary, you wear throne.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but still though by myself.
Speaker 6: That's so sad.
Speaker 3: You need to get you somebody. Oh not that say it? Did I know what time it is?
Speaker 6: I love.
Speaker 3: The Colaudnada is one of my favorite glores, my gludaday. Y'all's fire on the high just a saphire and on the.
Speaker 4: Launch it s a beautiful Oasy's the beautiful ocean, y'all give it up for Gary with the teen.
Speaker 3: Did you see that? Most people are talking, here's what's trending. On the Lucky Smiley Morning Show.
Speaker 5: Hey, I had a chance to sit down with actor director comedian Laurel Howry and calls middle Man to talk about the movie Hunted Heights that's now streaming, and of course they started roasting me off the rip man.
Speaker 3: It was, oh my god, I.
Speaker 1: Usually do an intro, but we was in a heated argument about dating.
Speaker 3: We were in a heated argument because.
Speaker 7: We were trying to figure out is that you are Johnson slogan.
Speaker 8: Also, I don't even know. Look you got on a shirtain time with the jean shirt. He's like three different comedians in here, this job being Slogan. The picky ring is George Wallace that had had Shucky Ducky.
Speaker 1: Lorella.
Speaker 3: It was a show. This is why I don't never have comics on the show. Comics have respect, no respect. I got a lot of respect for you.
Speaker 7: You know what my grandma used to tell me, if you get in there with Ricky Schmiley, this is an opportunity.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's funny because my grandmother told me the same thing about Steve.
Speaker 1: Steve was coming to bron I said him, take your tape up there, just go up there.
Speaker 5: But for real, I took my tape when death coming to jam came to Birmingham and I was waiting on somebody to come down that escalator and Bill Bellie came down to escalator.
Speaker 7: He gave him the tape.
Speaker 1: I gave him the damn tape.
Speaker 5: There was a bloody ass tape with me performing at Stilman College. I gave Bill Belling to that tape and he took it right to Bob Something and introduced to Bob Something.
Speaker 3: That's how I got on Death Jam.
Speaker 6: Oh wow, Bill always look out Bill Bellamy man like, he always looked like it's crazy because he to how to be a player person?
Speaker 3: Right, So wait when you met him.
Speaker 6: That didn't happen yet, did it?
Speaker 1: No, that was before how how to be a player. He had done booty call joke on Death Jam.
Speaker 5: So you know, Bill Belani real nice, Like when Jesus going on vacation, Bill Bellamy fill in and answer prayer.
Speaker 1: That's how nice he is. Jesus, congratulations on your new film Hunted Heist.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he was just so everybody was so so funny, and it was great because I had to be kind of extra focused.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it was we kind of talking to myself about the time.
Speaker 1: He's stupid.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I can't participate because then we ain't gonna get it done, right, I laughed, But I wanna laugh out loud, right, you try, because I trying to keep.
Speaker 3: It moving, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because time is money.
Speaker 3: Yeah, time is money. When you're family calls.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you I took a little red in them on it.
Speaker 3: I had a tracker boat.
Speaker 5: We went from Fort Lauderdale all the way down the coast to Miami. That's one for all. Everybody had a brand new cell phone. The rod was going good. Were playing rock music. I'm talking about we live now.
Speaker 1: I remember Lorel sitting over there because we was performing at the Fort.
Speaker 3: And right when we was going in Hallover.
Speaker 5: I want you to look at all the Halover Inlet videos.
Speaker 1: So Hallover Inlet is a big washing machine.
Speaker 5: We in this little bited boat, me and you right right, kind of like him and some other damn comedians.
Speaker 1: A big wave came out of nowhere and we're just oh, you.
Speaker 3: Ever seen the video of the white people. They like this, like on the boat, they like like snapping like this. That's how my glass water was coming downs. Everybody's cell phone back then water to not.
Speaker 1: Touch yourself phone.
Speaker 3: It's over, it it's over.
Speaker 1: Everybody had to go go to go straight to T mobile or boost Mobile.
Speaker 3: After that, little snacks you havebs everywhere all in the water. It was crazy, It was it was.
Speaker 1: It was one of the craziest but we made it rarely.
Speaker 3: We got to that show show as hell, your son, rel this is your.
Speaker 5: First time directing a feature family that was there my moment on the set when you thought.
Speaker 1: Like, what, why the hell I signed up for this?
Speaker 3: Nope, you didn't have no kind of reservations about I. It felt at her.
Speaker 6: I remember my wife came in the first day on set and she was just like, oh my god, you look like you at home, Like I love directing. It's truly my thing.
Speaker 1: You just got that eye for it. Are you do you plan on directing more stuff?
Speaker 6: So before I did that, I co directed my special that I shot independently. I did a pilot. I'm about to do a limited series that I wrote and I'm directed. And so this is I'm telling is my thing. I really, I'm really hoping Hunting heightst kicks off like this big feature run where I get a chance to work with a gang of stand ups. Man, we just just work on a gang of funny fun absolutely.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So most of y'all are hilarious separately, but I know it's a whole different level. You know, when you're all together. What is the funniest thing that happened behind the scenes?
Speaker 1: Colors. While I fem in hunting heist.
Speaker 3: What sticks out of some of that was hunted for real?
Speaker 7: Didn't nobody want to talk about it, but there was a few moments where it was it got scary for me.
Speaker 6: Well, we shot in So the house we shot in was Barry Gordy's first match in Detroit, so I guess whenever he left, he left a lot in there.
Speaker 7: So like it's still old furniture that it takes a lot of motown. Yeah, I've ever seen before, Yeah, like hundreds.
Speaker 3: It felt for real, And it's.
Speaker 5: When you say fell hunted for the people that ain't never felt that. Where did that be something heavy or something looming?
Speaker 3: Stuff will be moving And.
Speaker 1: But it was like he had a tunnel from like it's a long tunnel, like.
Speaker 3: It's an underground tunnel. Yeah, real, it's probably two hundred.
Speaker 7: Three Yeah, from pool house to the house, so you could walk to the house, but if you know what a tunnel is, you could go through the tunnel.
Speaker 3: So there's no excuse for you not to be there.
Speaker 7: And then he got like baby pictures of Michael Jackson and read the Franklin It's all kinds.
Speaker 6: Of stuff in it is crazy and the guy who bought it didn't change, didn't change nothing.
Speaker 3: Ricky held up. You don't believe it. I can't believe about to say this.
Speaker 6: It was.
Speaker 3: But you remember the guy, the owner guy right, he had these dogs. He had these dogs.
Speaker 1: Okay, he who.
Speaker 3: Couldn't he could walk like this. He was dragging his leg but he had just crawl out of door. We've been trying to shoot the seas a dog.
Speaker 7: You can't be like, hey, man, get your dog, because this really the dog house.
Speaker 3: You just gotta wait.
Speaker 1: So the man nice enough to let you use the house shoot in, well, we pay.
Speaker 3: He didn't give us to it for free. But at the same time, he wouldn't get this dog. He wouldn't get his dog.
Speaker 1: So we had to let the dogs do their thing for a little bit and then we get back to shooting.
Speaker 3: But it was just one of that. All the other dogs run frankally and didn't the dog. The dog back legs didn't work.
Speaker 1: Man, y'all got to chill. Hey, hey, hey, hey, Peter be watching us and rock te thiss on my morn. She got a real bad heabit he pull up them doll.
Speaker 3: That can't walk all the way about actually.
Speaker 1: So it's the least forty inwards hours.
Speaker 3: So it was out it felt like you remember you remember the skipper.
Speaker 8: Dave Chapelrick James, and they kicked the legs and he was crawling.
Speaker 3: Out of that you gotta buying out the couch. That in my read like he was just crawling. You know what they remind me of? You remember Jamie Fox had come on.
Speaker 5: Do y'all went back with comedians Colins Miller and Laurel Howie, And I have to ask them, when is the lesson that no amount of money could teach you?
Speaker 7: What is a lesson that I've learned that no amount of money could have taught me? Yeah, that an amount of money can teach me anything.
Speaker 1: Okay, with the right money, you will learn. With the right.
Speaker 3: You'll start learning. And when you ain't got no money, you'll figure out that'll learn how to learn how to learn. Now that's the That's what everybody I tell you.
Speaker 7: The best thing about the best thing about not having no money is it make you creative.
Speaker 1: Sure, it makes you figure out a way to get what you want.
Speaker 7: Right, you get what I'm saying. And if you don't, and if you don't take that lesson from it. You'll never get no money because money can't make you happy. Money is a tool. You have to learn how to use money to get other things. It's not necessarily just about buying stuff. You have to use money to get opportunities, to get yourself out of stuff, use money to buy convenience.
Speaker 3: You use money to try to.
Speaker 7: Make money from my experience, right, right, So that's the hardest part about it though, Right, What about you?
Speaker 6: I mean honestly, is to not overthink anything, just to just go ahead and do it. I think if you overthink and say, hey, what's if this happens? This happened, you know, as being comedian, it's such a like risk we all took right by just saying, all right, this is what I'm gonna do. I remember telling somebody like, the greatest thing for me is I love this so much. I didn't even realize what success really looked like from these other people's perspective.
Speaker 3: Success for me was just really.
Speaker 6: Go to stage, being able to get paid for and work with a bunch of other comics. Right to me, that was successful when it wasn't really anything like when I was living with Meet your Wildcat. We was all sharing an apartment. It was like those were still my favorite times. Like, hey, we didn't even think about it. We was happy to share a pan of wings, right, you know what I'm saying, And just was able to go to each comedy club each and every night and just have fun. And then once all the stuff started happening, I'm like, day, I didn't even really think about this part.
Speaker 3: I was just happy, like just hitting the stage.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: And there was times in all of our career that it wasn't even about the money, like you were just saying, we're traveling thirteen to fifteen hour drives, yeah, for two hundred dollars, for no one hundred dollars, or just riding with your partner because they had to show you get it.
Speaker 5: I did twelve hours and at I'm driven through the mountains of West Virginia and a seventy nine Cutlass. You know what I'm saying, Like for two hundred and fifty dollars, right, clear, twenty dollars just for the opportunity, absolutely, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And how I got in the radio.
Speaker 5: I was driving the Tuscaloosen sixty miles every morning for free for the opportunity to be on the air listening to Tom Jornan on the air, like I wish I had an opportunity like that, So you know, yeah, yeah, that Panduce that to struggle, It just gives you so much more respect for the gamell.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'll never let no amount of money restrict how much fun I.
Speaker 3: Was gonna have. Right, I had some of the best times of my life with just enough to be there. Yep.
Speaker 5: I was performing in Carlton, Georgia. That's the first time I met Earthquake and Carlton, Georgia. We did a club called the Spiral Gyra. They had set a microphone in the corner. It's kind of like an Applebee's set up kind of restaurant, and they had a comedy night and I remember I had this white dude man.
Speaker 1: His face had turned around. He was laughing hard to say he was crying. He said, God, funny. Now call those people mostly knowing.
Speaker 5: Love you for your stand up and Wilder and I congratulations on wild and Out you shout out to everybody at the whole staff at eighty five south Man.
Speaker 3: Congratulations everything.
Speaker 5: What was the biggest adjustments from going from the comedy stage to a feature.
Speaker 1: Film like Hunting Heist.
Speaker 7: We were just talking about this is the approach, the seriousness that I took to it, you know, just kind of got the timing of it right and tried to build some elements like background elements to the character that can make me fit into the role that it was.
Speaker 3: Man, it was just thank you for the opportunity. I really appreciate that. Wows.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Man, One thing about comics, Man, to see somebody doing what you're doing and you have put yourself in a position to hire other community. You open for me before, and then now you become my boss because I think we got something.
Speaker 1: He called me on the phone and I'm like, just send me your date.
Speaker 5: I'm there, Like it's like little reel call you Like you respect him, you respect his work or whatever. You watch his growth and it's like, man, I'm looking forward to having the opportunity to work for you also. And I just appreciate that you even thought about me out of there. You know what I'm saying to me, like I know who he is to us, bro Yeah, it's crazy that you don't know Broke. And it's like you don't have to do nothing if you don't want to and for you to still be accessible like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's amazing.
Speaker 6: That's what Ricky for real like you you are like fine, I get it, you know what I mean. We all kind of have the same dream, so you know how it goes. But like somebody like you, you literally opened up a gang of doors and not even just open and you let us, you let me.
Speaker 3: Open for you.
Speaker 1: And thank you for saying that, little real Colins middle Man. I just appreciate y'all.
Speaker 3: I love and I mean this.
Speaker 1: I just want to tell you that I am really proud of y'all.
Speaker 3: I absolutely love you.
Speaker 5: If you needed a kidney and you can get one of mine, I feel that way about y'all. I am so proud of y'all. Man much testing. This is nothing compared to what God gonna do for you. And God always give you double for your trouble. Man, y'all give it up and show your love a little realm and call us KNOWE have it and hair y'all man.
Speaker 1: Congratulations