Speaker 1: And where are we going here?
Speaker 2: Anything?
Speaker 3: You have a chance against our sophistic cowboy.
Speaker 2: Hey, what do you like to do? Oh?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Play chess?
Speaker 1: Screw well, theer's play chess.
Speaker 5: They give off the Jonathan Taylor Chuck cunning its way walking the goal line.
Speaker 3: He's in there, puts down.
Speaker 6: Andde why Jonathan Taylor reeler honts here's halibert into the front board, mishandled it mcgainst any shot he hands it.
Speaker 5: John, I have never been bedroom to be on the air with you here in Indianapolis, a place where so many of my dreams have come.
Speaker 6: True with the ride with jmvy on ninety three five and one oh seven five the.
Speaker 5: Fan, Hey, welcome into the show on a Wednesday. Caleb's over there, I'm John, I'm right here. You can watch us participate that as awesome as always, just be a part of the show. You know, it's funny. So now more than ever, it is all about winning. Remember when Ricky Bobby said that, you know, finishing second is the second loser or whatever. Yeah, that has been a term that's been utilized forever. But now, more than ever, what matters the most is winning and if you find a path, if you find a formula that more than helps you reach that goal. I mean, let's face it, that's why anybody out there today, whatever you're doing, whatever walk of life, whatever career, that is exactly why you were hired. You were hired to win, You were hired to show results. Oftentimes it doesn't happen. Look how long, hopefully most of you out there have not held your breath on the Colts. And I'm not asking you to hold your breath on the Colts this year. In fact, a lot of you would probably suggest I would rather them go down in flames this year, because then, now more than ever, it would signify that it's time to make it change.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 5: After that, what else can you do?
Speaker 7: Me?
Speaker 5: However, I can live in a world where I want you guys to be happy about something. You spend money on tickets, you spend money on gear, you come out and hang with me. It's a hell of a time, but it ultimately is the best time when you win. And again when you find that formula, you take that formula and you run with it, and you can look no further than I you football, and believe me, it's not really a necessity for me to sit here and tell you how they would feel. How are you feels? They're the defending national champions really everybody else be damned. So it struck me the last couple of days with this whole note and who cares what? Notre Dame people think? Seriously, who cares what? Notre Dame people think? Who cares what? Notre Dame fans think? Who cares? What the SEC thinks? Yeah, let them track down their own national championship. Let them dig out of a massive, decades long, era long grave that IU football managed to dig out of. Oh well, look what you're allowed to do right now compared to the past. Who cares? That is the rule? Those are the rules that you live by. So what do you do? You go put something together. You have a plan, you have a protocol, you have a blueprint that best suits what your beliefs. Plus the opportunity now to go out and do something that this program and the fan base never thought it was going to be capable of doing. It was a laughingstock. It was the doormat. You're not gonna question how you get there. And I just find it funny. Somebody had sent me this from Blake top Myer. I don't know who this dude is. He writes for the USA Today. All that's fantastic. I'm not gonna get personal on it, but IU fans should understand this. I was having to back and forth with a so called IU fan about, well, you know, I really want to see them play Notre Dame and I want to see them challenge themselves. Hey, jackass, here's what you really want them to see. You want to see them back up again what they did a year ago. Why in this world would anybody, and I mean anybody ever change their philosophy, their game plan, their blueprint, their protocol. If it has shown what this has shown, are you football? Why would you even consider it? Like I would find it an issue to even like cobble out a column to be critical about it. You're taking advantage of every asset you have. Hey, by the way, just like every other program has done in the history of programs. The SEC. Yeah used to sit on top of the mountain with your arms crossed and say, be damned everybody else for the SEC. You get guys like Colin Cowherd saying why would anybody want to go to the Big ten? Why would anybody want to go where it's cold, you can go and hang out where it's warm and you can win and end up in the NFL. Now all that has changed, and guess who doesn't like it, the sec, the Staples, Guess who doesn't like it. Notre Dame. They don't like it. But you know what matters, none of that. What matters would be the results. And again, the game plan that you have works, so why get away from it? Why not continue to do what you do? And it's not all about scheduling, it's not all about having the resources. It is, for the most part, about selecting those players that best fit your program and what translates into winning. Mentioned this, This was an IU fan yesterday. I said, I really wanted to see them playing Notre Dame and I'm disappointed. And I'm an IU fan too, And that's fine. You can be an IU fan to be disappointed. I'm miss telling you the last thing you would wanted as an IU fan is for IU to get away from who they are, to get away from what has benefited them to the highest to the elite level in the past two years. There's no IU fan, real IU fan out there that ever wants to jack with that. And frankly, no matter what anybody says from Blake top Meyer for example, that how you you have Kurt Signetti who speaks with with bravado. Thus he's got a schedule. The column is Indiana and Kurt Signetti don't whine like the fellas do in the SEC. But the who's your shoe know how to duck and run. No, they know how to schedule. They know how to get what is best beneficial to their program. Duck and run. Yeah, I saw them duck and running and I saw them pounding into the sand in the Rose Bowl Alabama. That was a duck and run. Alabama ducked and they ran because they got their ass whipped. See, this is what you don't do. And this is why you have to love Signetti and the AU football program. And I don't care where it is. You have to admire this philosophy of Hey, we're going to do over here what we do. We're going to keep our coaches, We're going to keep our coordinators. We have a philosophy on how we bring in players. Do we have the resources, absolutely, but we're gonna utilize that to the best of our ability. And we're going to put ourselves in position. This has been a long standing trend. There's nothing new about this whatsoever. The new era of folks that have been out of shape because I you is now a football those are the folks that are upset about it. And you know what, who gives a crap? Frankly, who cares what Blake top Meyer has to say about Nobody cares. But again, you have to solidify the point that it is all about winning, and now more than ever, it is all about the results and what you can do. I don't even want to get into the nuts in the bolts of well, you know Notre Dame really wanted USC back, and you know IU is probably going to end up developing a relationship with an SEC team. I don't care about any of that. It is all about winning now more than ever, and IU is taking full advantage of You got to give him credit. Mary Odam gave him credit the pre new head coach. If they can do it, why can't anybody else. You have to be able to do it right, and you have to be able to put together a plan and then when that plan works, you play off of it. Yeah, all this other stuff is just comical.
Speaker 2: To me.
Speaker 5: However, I will say this has got to be incredibly gratified for any IU fan, or even that of Big Ten, because listen, the entire Big Ten's in on this too, but certainly IU is at the focal point of it. You've got to be incredibly happy that that's how the rest of college football. You know, again, all those blue bloods, those historically great programs, if your IU, you know, now they're all bent out of shape. Now you've got Nick Saban Nick Saban's going to Capitol Hill to explain why things have to change. Oh I'm sorry, why do things have to change right now? Because you say so? Oh yeah, because the teams that used to win are no longer winning because they don't have the advantage.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: Now everything is out in the open. Now everybody has a fighting chance if they have the resource is, if they're savvy, if they have the plan, the blueprint that works. Now everything is on the table. Now you don't have the advantage. Now we all get it. I love the way that AU goes after this, and I hope that that continues. Kurt Signetti speaks with the bravado is because he's got two losses in two years at IU in the national title. Anybody else out there would do the same thing. I'd feel pretty good about myself too, so would you. And so with this oppera Meyer or Horse and Meyer or whatever is the USA to Day columnist, none of this matters. And I know you're gonna ask, hey, why don't you have him on. I don't care to hear his philosophy, but there's going to be a complete disagreement of the philosophy. This only became a problem when a team like A you did what a team like I you did last year? Oh what now, all of a sudden, the dorks out there this is a problem. It's not a problem. What you're doing is you're playing to the best of your ability to the rules that have been presented. And really one of the quicker schools out there to do that, to jump on board and say, okay, this is how it's going to be. Let's get to it. Has been that a value. It is incredibly high comedy. I'm trying to think of the line that he has here. It is quote, if you're going to ooze, by the way, this first time I've used the word ooze ever, unless you have some type of sore. If you're going to ooze conceit, as Kurt Signetti does, then you shouldn't schedule like you're scared this Indiana revelation as a mirage. No, you should do exactly what you normally do because it works. That's why like Blake is writing about crap, and that's why IU and a coach and a program is defending a national championship. That's why we can discuss that. I think we should honestly at two three, nine ten seven. If you guys want to chime on, we can't too. The other thing is uh and you get more of it. And I'm glad that others are now jumping on board. Like of all people, I think this Dan Walkin guy even jumped on board. I have said this all along, this is not new. There's nothing at all fresh about this particular take of mine with Kaylen Clark and Get the Aces and the Fever coming up tomorrow night at seven o'clock right here on the fans six thirty ten row has you of course that is on Amazon Prime or some crap like that. Anyway, I've said all along, that's all about ball, and I don't care about anything else other than the basketball aspect of it. Nothing else matters. Metallica seriously doesn't just about the basketball aspect, Yet everybody feels compelled to chime in, from guys like Matt Walsh to Meghan Kelly calling Caitlin Clark a coward. She is not a coward. She just wants to play basketball. She said that all the time. That's okay. She's not there to give you more fuel to whatever fire you're trying to build. She is there to win games, to lead for the fever around here, and that's that, nothing more and nothing less. Listen, if she wants to be outspoken, if she wants to be more about her outspoken brand like Sophie Cunningham, then do it. Until that point in time, I think everybody around here is pretty satisfied with her just playing basketball, and that's where it all starts. You know. It's funny, like I've become more of a Caitlin Clark fan just because of that, because she's telling everybody else out there to get bent in her own way. Hey, once you guys all get bent, I just want to play basketball. I have such a deeply rooted admiration for that. And there's nothing wrong either, you can be who you want to be. Some are built to build their brand, built to be outspoken on different things. Others are built to go at basketball or their career of choice the way that they've always gone about it, with complete focus. In a world that is trying to constantly they take you off of your game. I think somebody sent me this a little bit earlier too. What was it in response to whatever this opera? Meyer Blake's guys was rage baiting? I don't know about rage baiting. I don't feel like I'm outraged at all. I just feel like I'm setting the record straight regarding IU and the same thing regarding Kaitlin Clark. She's here to hoop. She is not here to be an advocate of whatever agenda you want to push. Seriously, piss off. If you have an agenda you want to push and you're upset your outrage because she's all about ball and doesn't care about it, then piss off. It's not up to you and it's all about basketball. Say if you want that type of angle, there are different avenues for that type of angle. I just want to talk about basketball. I want to talk about the reasons why they win, the reason why they lose. Be critical if they lose, and why they lost, talk them up if they do win. That's what she's saying. There's nothing wrong with it. She is not here to be a part of your agenda, either pro or con, positive or negative. She is here to step back and knock down threes. She's here to set up her teammates defensively. Sometimes she's here to step one step to the left and one step to the right and then let somebody go right around her. But those are the negatives of the basketball aspect of it, because sometimes she struggles to guard. But I admire her now more than ever because of that stance. I'm so sick and tired of everybody trying to drag everybody else into their own agenda riddled situation. You know, they're own verbal grifting. Hey, we gotta make sure that somebody hears my opinion. So I'm just gonna go ahead and naturally hashtag Caitlin Clark and everybody's gonna take off and run with it. Yeah, around here, it should be about basketball, at least that's how I feel. If you don't, so be it, But we're gonna cush you because that's how we feel and we had the platform to cush you if you don't feel that way, and we probably will. Hey, by the way, to Stephanie White eight and two record in July was named the WNBA Coach of the Month. There you go. And for everybody that hates Stephanie White, you guys can stick that too. Seriously, you guys want to stick that, stick that one where the sun don't shine. I don't know Stephanie White. I don't think Stephanie White's ever been on the show. I don't know if anybody outside of Lexi Hall's ever been on the show. It doesn't matter, you guys, stick that with the sun don't shine. As I've said all along, this is not a coaching situation. This is a playing situation. Eight and two Coach of the Month of July. I'm gonna tell you, Caleb, a lot of people came at me about Stephanie White, and they still do. And all this stupidity about well, she doesn't want to get Caitlin Clark, she doesn't want to give her the ball, she doesn't want her to succeed. All this stupidity. I'm not suggesting this is the end game here, but it does solidify the point in the season where this team is and how much better they're playing, and the coach is a significant part of it.
Speaker 8: Well, and you look at the last couple of years, John the Fever, and you just take the last two years for example, and I think we're seeing it now. Towards the end of the season, they do start to play their best basketball of the season, and I think that's what you want out of a coach.
Speaker 1: So I'm with you on Stephanie White.
Speaker 8: Last year they ended the season so strongly and made that playoff run, and I think you're starting to see them play so much much better right now. Obviously, the defense is still an issue and we don't know if that's gonna get resolved, but everything else seems to be a lot better.
Speaker 1: And I agree. I couldn't agree with you more.
Speaker 5: That's Caleb over there, who, by the way, was supposed to play tonight little hoop at Greenwood Christian. But you have a prior obligation. This would be This should be the first check mark next to prior obligation. Come on, I know I'm a little hardcore. Everybody knows me to be hardcore. I'm fun loving, but hardcore. When it comes to that, I'm.
Speaker 1: Gonna have myself a good Wednesday night with some friends of mine.
Speaker 5: Where are we going tonight? Where we're going instead of Greenwood Christian so we can hoop?
Speaker 1: I think that's still up in the air. I don't know where we're going.
Speaker 5: Part of the reason, I will say this and I like going to play with these guys on Wednesday night, But part of the reason is Tuesday night was so epically bad. That's the reason why I feel compelled to go on a Wednesday night.
Speaker 1: I totally understand that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and we talked in our pre show meeting, you know, that's what we talked to We talked about last night's hoop session.
Speaker 5: So, yeah, it was awful.
Speaker 1: That's pretty bad.
Speaker 5: How in the world do you spend an hour and a half someplace and play four games? What the hell? Four games?
Speaker 8: You got the short end two because the one game that went the longest you were off that one.
Speaker 5: And so I feel like I know this really well. There's zero way in the world that anybody should have a thirty five minute pickup game. Thirty five minutes. You know how bad that is? Thirty five minute pickup game? Seriously, everybody out there has to be a jackass thirty five minutes. They should have just shut the lights off and made us all leave thirty five minutes. I watch thirty five minutes, I'll watch you guys. Can't happen now. I'm gonna go on a Wednesday night because you know me, I got to work at a caloric deficit.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I think I buzzed off thirteen hundred on Sunday at Saint Jude's Hell last night. I was lucky to get the fifty. I set in the stands the entire time where you guys jacked around out there in game three, four games. Marlon Jackson is going to join us coming up at the bottom of the isle of the former Colts dB. The author of the most important, the most important play in the history of the Colts. Marlon Jackson, longtime friend, has a charity effort as well, we know that to be true, but has authored up the biggest play, the biggest moment in Indianapolis Colt's history. And I don't care about Baltimore and you know Johnny U and what happened, Yet nobody cares about that Indianapolis Colt's history. Marlon Jackson We're going to the Super Bowl picking off Tom Brady, the biggest moment in Indianapolis Colt's history. The author Marlin joins us bottom of the hour, Bowen's going to be in the four o'clock hours. Born been out of shape because he's a Notre Dame? Honk right? Has he been out of shape about this whole no IU a Notre Dame thing? Do we know this to be true? I don't know. I think that does he have his panties on a wad here? We got to get him on water.
Speaker 1: It's measured.
Speaker 8: I think I think he He's probably excited that Notre Dame is re upping with USC. That's how because that's why this series.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, I just think that everybody's nuts if they think that Kurtz, Signetti and I you all of a sudden, is going to change up because a handful of nerds want them to schedule differently. Who cares? Who cares? You brought IU a national championship. I don't care if they're playing Bloomington North and Bloomington South in the first two weeks. It doesn't matter. If it works, you go with it. How hard is that to understand? I know, we live in a world of dungeons and dragons and gen con and dorks and all this stuff, and hey, you radicalize stuff and you got to change it. This is this is not rocket science. They have a philosophy, and you're right that until at Bucksha, when it does, then you can adjust. But until it does, why would you want to change? Why would any of these dorks out there ask them to change? It's incredible to me Bowen coming up at the top of the ear. I don't know if he's asked them to change or if he's upset about it, but I know him as a Notre dame quote honk. He joins us at four. So what Scott Doctorman correct the athletic National College football reporter. So he's probably going to agree with the other dorks out there. Is he in dorkish agreement or is he in my agreement?
Speaker 8: I can't speak on what he thinks of the scheduling thing, but he did just write an article this morning about Indiana's value as a football program going up over the last two years. Why not gets into the numbers and talks with some people, So I'm excited to hear what he has to say. About writing that piece and kind of where Indiana goes from here as a football brand.
Speaker 5: All right, Pete Jenny Hodge. We talked about that yesterday, as we learned at the end of the show, a piece of significant history around here that we also enjoy Generation next, the tail end of baby boomers. Well, it was Jenny, Cowboy Bob. The original programming of WTTV Channel four, from Doug Rafferty to Paul Poteite back in the day too, to Chuck Marlow, to Eye You games, to Purdue games, Jim Girard of the midday. It was the most unique and independent and original programming that you will ever see. Sammy Terry on the weekends, it was. It was our smartphone back in the day. It was our cable. It was our outlet to entertainment. And Janey passed away yesterday as SkyPoint to Janey and again our memories of Channel four will Linger and Linger forever. Thank you, Janey for what you brought us. All right, quick break on the other side. That's Caleb over there. I'm John right here. We've got a family four pack of State Fair tekeers. I believe I'm going to be out there next week or the week after I am in a free throw shooting contest with people, So yeah, come out and get your ass whip by me unless my shoulder herds and then we might.
Speaker 1: I won't be there. I'll have some social events to attend.
Speaker 5: Caleb, we will have to drink with the fella. That's what you're doing tonight. Where are you guys going?
Speaker 1: We don't know you. It's kind of up in the air.
Speaker 5: What's in mind? We are you thinking about going?
Speaker 8: I have my little like dive bar spot called Dorman Street, which is close to my house.
Speaker 1: I like going there.
Speaker 5: Where should Caleb and his bros go tonight? Since he's skipping hoop with me on a Wednesday night at Greenwood Christian, You guys pick a spot for Caleb and his bros to have some drinks. I like it all right? Three one seven, two nine ten seven. You guys can tell me on the text line. You can tell me at JMB ten seventy on X if you like as well. Do not go anywhere? Are we weather updated right now? I think we are a weather official. Let's get you updated ninety three five one oh seven five the fan. This is Fox fifty nine and a weather update.
Speaker 6: The ride with JMV.
Speaker 2: We'll be in a professional arena. We'll be in front of a lot of people.
Speaker 6: Mouse sportsnety three five and one oh seven five.
Speaker 5: Fan Caleb's over there, I'm John. Somebody says you got to go to Mount Peelier, Ohio.
Speaker 1: That's that's how. It's like ten minutes from where I grew up, the Moose Goose.
Speaker 5: You ever been to the Moose?
Speaker 1: I can tell you right now who set that text? That's my dad?
Speaker 5: Oh that's your dad. Shot up to your dad? Does your dad like the way that I treat you here? Is he cool with it?
Speaker 1: I've never asked him that.
Speaker 5: I'm sure because basically, I know you want to play, but I'm basically make you let go. I know you you're lucky tonight. I would I'm not more hardcore about this because you had previous plans and I just laid that on you this morning.
Speaker 1: Well, he's my dad's a basketball coach, so he likes that.
Speaker 5: I I'm a hardcore your dad and I how old your dad?
Speaker 2: Is?
Speaker 5: He older than me?
Speaker 1: Seventy one?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 6: That's awesome.
Speaker 5: You think I could have played for him? Or would he have worn me out? Because you got to keep in mind. When I was in high school, I was the world's biggest woozy. Seriously, I was such a woos I was one like I'm winding like this guy coming from the same crown who cries about Notre Dame Schandule constantly but cancels the sherries with in the that's me right there, big wooss. That's exactly how I sounded. I cried about everything, whined about everything, soft about everything. When I go back to I so needed I almost got my ass whip once big time at a Bloomfield High school dance. I really needed it. I look back on it and I wish there would have been more done like I got sucker punch, But it should have been more than that. I needed it. You ever feel like you needed your ass whip?
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 8: I think some people in this world might need that every once in a while.
Speaker 1: I always don't know about me.
Speaker 5: Like Brooks Barnheiser, who is okayc I always wish that his dad, Mark would have been my coach, because all we did when we played together when he was a high school coach like he is right now. Still we just argued on the floor, but we were still good off of it. And I always think that dudes like that bring out the best in you because they challenge you. I never felt like I was challenged. I always felt like, now looking back on it, that coaches of those that led me around me let me get away with being a woos And I needed like ron Hetklinsky, who is the former Anderson coach in a great high school basketball coach was coaching Edgewood when I was in high school, and I needed to play for somebody like that who would kick my ass because I was just such a clownish wooss I was back on that. That's a regret. I don't want to have any regrets, but that's a regret I have. So maybe your dad could have done that right, could have worked differently, Joe, I could have coming from the same crowd who cryings about Notre Dame schedule constantly. Can you imagine sending that to me just now? Wonder was he seriously? I need it? And I know a lot of you probably evaluate things over the course of your life if I do this all the time. And that was a defining moment. Not that everybody around me at that time was was not good. They were good people. But I was able to get away with stuff, and I wish now that I wasn't are they? Andy Moore Auto montiic Group Potline. He is the author of the biggest play in the history of the Indianapolis Colts and a friend of this show. Marlon Jackson joins us, how you doing.
Speaker 2: Pal, I'm good, jab How you doing? Man?
Speaker 5: It feels way too long. Did you look back on your playing career on whatever level and think, Man, I'm glad I was pushed in the fashion in which I was.
Speaker 9: Oh, Man, I was.
Speaker 2: That's well.
Speaker 4: I was listening to you know, you talk about life. You know, I don't have to necessarily look back and think.
Speaker 2: I wish I was pushed.
Speaker 9: I mean I was pushed.
Speaker 4: Hard from an early age just for my life circumstance period, right, Like you know, I grew up with a lot of adversity within my household, within my community, so that that shaped my attitude, and that shaped my mindset as a competitor. So the playing field that was my outlet right to let out everything that was pent up on the inside from having difficulties and everyday life and struggles, and that became my outlet.
Speaker 2: On the football field.
Speaker 4: But you know, and listening to everything you guys are talking about adversity is helpful in helping you grow. The only way you actually really grow in life is through challenges and through adversities, is not through everything being perfect and everybody telling you how great you are and not.
Speaker 2: Having any difficulties.
Speaker 4: That's not where growth really occurs in life.
Speaker 5: I so wish, looking back on it, that I was challenged even more I do, And you know, you're kind of like I talked to my kids about not having regrets, and that's one massive regret that I have that I have to live with right now too. And maybe it's easier to look in the rearview to see exactly who you were, and like, I enjoy who I am right now, but I just wish that there would have been more that could have been squeezed out of me at the time. And honestly, I don't. I feel bad because I kind of woosed out on a lot of things back then too. And I have a great deal of admiration for those guys that were coached hard. They agree to be coach hard, and then those that also coach them hard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's always a fine line.
Speaker 9: But I've been asking be a challenge in society now, is.
Speaker 4: You know, parents being okay with their kids being pushed and being coached hard, understanding that the ultimate goal is about growth and it's not necessarily about their comfort level and where they are right now, but where we would.
Speaker 2: Like them to be.
Speaker 4: And it's going to take some challenges and challenging moments to actually help them get to that possibility that is within them.
Speaker 5: So, Marla Jackson, who joins us on the Andy Moore Automotive Group, potline, what is your thought on this Colts team? Not just for what you've seen so far in camp, but for the expectation. I mean, there are a lot of question marks and really going into the season, there is a lot of crossing your fingers and hoping. But what is your expectation for this group as we view it right now early stages of camp and Westfield.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean the only thing that comes to my mind when you pose that question is there's a lot of potential, right And I say there's a lot of potential because of what we saw last year before the injuries occurred, and having that perspective and seeing the current roster, knowing that if we stay healthy, this could be a really, really good team with Daniel Jones that quarterback, a strong offense line, Jonathan Taylor at running back, Alec Pearce, Josh Downs, and others. Right, you know, there's a lot of potential offense. When you look at the defense and you look at this young talented secondary. You look at the young guys along the defensive front along with the veterans that are anchors up front like the Forest Butoner and Grover, and then you look at the young talent at the linebacker.
Speaker 2: Position and safety position.
Speaker 4: You see that there's a lot of potential, but it is all predicated on.
Speaker 2: Do we stay healthy?
Speaker 4: That is for me, that is the number one factor going into this season is can the key players on this team stay healthy? Can you keep Daniel Jones healthy? Can you keep Jonathan Taylor healthy? Can you keep Alec Pierce healthy? Like? Those are the critical things that you know as this season unfolds, what I will watch. Can you keep Sauce Gardner healthy?
Speaker 2: Right? Can you keep Mooney Ward healthy? Which is a big question.
Speaker 9: Marve when you speak about a guy like him.
Speaker 2: That has concussion issues.
Speaker 4: You know, football is a very physical sport and we saw the potential on the customer being realized last season, but then we saw the wheels fall off when an injury started to occur.
Speaker 5: So Mather Jackson with us, you are a valued member. As I mentioned, you're the author of the biggest play in the history of the Indianapolis Colts. Of that cult secondary. How do you view up and down this cult secondary? Maybe compare that between the one you played with and the expectations that you feel. Hopefully, when healthy, this group can live up to.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean the disguised limit.
Speaker 4: When I look at this secondary on paper, I think, arguably talent wise, one of the best secondaries in the National Football League with when you look at the the corners and then you look at Cam buying.
Speaker 2: Them as safety. But then when you look at.
Speaker 4: You know, uh, the young guy that we brought in on an l s U is a is A A J. Halsey, And then you know, if you look at Wally at nickelback, there's a lot to be excited about. Wally is picking up right where he left off in training camp last year.
Speaker 2: Is great to see.
Speaker 4: Is great to see Sauce Gardner healthy because we all know he's an all pro level player.
Speaker 2: But then you know, we know what Mooney war can do when.
Speaker 4: He's actually healthy, and then we know the playmaking ability that cam.
Speaker 2: Buying him has, So then you know, you add in a J.
Speaker 4: Halsey as a young talented safety if he plays up to the level of his potential. The those starters in terms of the two corners that nickelback, the two safeties, I mean, arguably the best in the league. But then it comes into play. We all know that at some point in time of the season that they're going to be some guys that need to step up right the backups. So then it's about death. What does the death look like at secondary? We really won't find out until we are tested, but when you look at the front line, it is arguably one of the most talented secondaries in the National Football League.
Speaker 5: You know, it's interesting too. And Marla Jackson joins us and Andy Moore aut aboutive group podline that we're not going to find out a lot of things until Week number one against Baltimore, and that's why things get thick schedule wise with this team quickly in the first five weeks. You got to come correct or this is going to be problematic for the remainder two, and I think that's why you kind of look at this and you wonder, you know, hopefully Daniel Jones is ready. We've yet to talk about Alec Pierce. Maybe some edge rushing potential consistently with Leatu Latu can be involved in this. But a lot really has to come together early, and this has not been a staple of this Colt's team in recent history. Last year it was with injuries compromising things, but prior to that not so much.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, we know we cannot afford to have one of the stars that we have historically had over the last we want to say, five plus seasons, with last year being the exception. With the difficulties that lie ahead with the scheduling, there's no room for air early in the season. And I think that has it should have created a sense of urgency in the off season, and even more so now that we are in training camp. So I'm sure the coaches are preaching urgency, consistency, finishing all of those all of those themes, right, you know, trying to drill that into the mindset, and then hopefully they're creating a highly competitive atmosphere daily at practice, because that is where it all starts is competition in practice.
Speaker 2: Competition in practice.
Speaker 4: Leads to positive habits that transition into results.
Speaker 2: Within the game.
Speaker 4: So, you know, we can only speculate right now, but you know, these are my hopes of what I hope is occurring when in the meetings and on the practice field, the competition daily in meetings, on the field, in the weight room, sharpening that iron, developing those habits so that we are ready to go out there and run through this first part of the season and build the confidence to sustain us to the rest of the season.
Speaker 5: Is Marlon Jackson with us. We've talked about plenty of times in the past. Your foundation. You guys have something going on. It is a Colts Trivia event August, that's thirteenth, I believe, right, Marlon, talk a little bit about that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, August, August thirteenth, we have the second second time that we're doing this Coat Trivia at the Skylight Skyline Club in Indianapolis.
Speaker 2: The coach will be playing the New.
Speaker 4: England Patriots in their first preseason game that evening. Leading up to that from six to eight pm, you can come and hang out with me. I'm going to be the host for the evening on the behalf of the Fight for Life Foundation in the Skyline Club of Indianapolis. And really it's a relaxed, laid back environment where we're going to have five rounds of trivia that I will host. We're gonna have live music with DJ Lockstar and when it is.
Speaker 5: Trivia, lock Star is tough, right there. I like Lockstar man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, great, great guy does a great job on the tables and always we always work with him that Fight for Life and silent auctions and then prizes you know for the first, second and third place teams and great food, networking and community as well in terms of all the opportunities. And we'll be making a special announcement as well on something that we're releasing at the Fight for Life Foundation. Tickets can be purchased on our website. If you go to ww dot f f l F dot org short for Fight for Life Foundation dot org and then go to the hub, you'll see an article that has information about the event and a link to purchase tickets.
Speaker 5: That's awesome. I tell you what we're gonna do too. Uh again, that is a what is is that? A week for what is that? A week from tomorrow? Yeah, week from tomorrow, week.
Speaker 9: One week from tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Why do we I'll put you on hold when we hang up, or or well we disconnect here you talk to Caleb. We'll get you back on this time next week and make sure everybody is aware of that within our twenty four hour period. Marl, do you want to do that? I got to have you on more. Man, this has been my bad. I've missed you a great deal.
Speaker 4: Oh, I mean, well I missed Coming on too is always great. You always got great energy and it's great to connect and talk and talk coach football and just you know, life in general. As you started off this conversation talking about how you grew.
Speaker 5: Up, Yeah, big big Wissey too. You're really proud to be on the big former Wissie right here, aren't you see?
Speaker 4: But the key the key word is there is former the key word right, not not Kurt.
Speaker 2: You outgrew that that phase of life.
Speaker 5: Do we know how our guy Bullet is doing these days? Again, Melvin Bullet, Do we know how he's doing these days? Because people remember our show together back in the day, The.
Speaker 4: Jackson the Jacksonvine Bullet, yam B. Yeah, Yeah, there's been it's been quite some quite some time. But I haven't spoken to Bullet in quite some time. But I see from Afar it looks like he's doing great things in Texas. He has a sports complex that he has down there, and from from what I can see, well it looks like.
Speaker 2: He's doing well.
Speaker 5: That's awesome. Well, next Wednesday, we'll do this again to remind folks that's the Skyline Club, which is by the way, awesome right there. That is going to be a great time to be had by all. But Marlon will remind people all this with you on the show again next Wednesday. If that's okay with you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's all.
Speaker 9: That's sounds great opportunity.
Speaker 5: We'll put you on hold, Marlon, you talked to Caleb. Will set that up for next week. But it's good to have you back on pal.
Speaker 2: No. I appreciate it.
Speaker 5: Marlon Jackson on the Andy More Automotive Group Potline awesome, dude. Cayleer has set it up again for next Wednesday. I dig you know, I've only been in the Skyline Club one time, one damn time. I don't know how I've not been there more than once. I want to say that I was up in there the one time I was there was thanks to our good friend am Paris. One time in the Skyline place is legit. Actually, I think I had to speak at the Skyline because you know that there are probably some pre speech cocktails to make sure that this guy was ready to rock. Marlin does a great Jeffes, what a great guy. Thank you Derek for sending me that to the Skyline Charity Classic in partnership with the Fight for Life Foundation. Six o'clock Colts Trivia, August the thirteenth, That is a week from tomorrow. I've got a little Colts pregame show coming up a week from tomorrow, Ronald, I'm excited about it. I will get Marlin back on next week. All right, top of the hour, Kevin Bowen was bowing and James Beck and Stud wait. Hold by the way, so what was James doing last night with his dancing stuff in the center Grove West Gym? What was happening there? What is that little.
Speaker 1: Former on the other side, Because it was funny.
Speaker 5: We will and who was the former IU guard, Ohio state guard. That was the mister basketball in Ohio.
Speaker 1: That was Gabe Cups.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he did the Gabe Cup stuff. That was weird? Is that Gab is like Gabe Cups Junior? Is that what James Boyd is? Did you see? I got? What are you doing?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 5: What are we doing?
Speaker 8: He's got to put on man, he's doing that dance. I think for his uh one of his cousins, I think was he?
Speaker 5: I think if I did that, then somebody right in present day should be allowed to whip me with that ass. Gabe Cups Boyd. Other side quick break, Welcome back bow at top of the hour. Fab Morning Show Here James Boyd seven until ten am here weekday mornings on the Fan, Martin Jackson Podcast one oh seventy five Fan dot Com. Back for the next.
Speaker 6: The Ride with JMV.
Speaker 1: JMV does not shuck at All.
Speaker 6: Ninety three to five and one oh seven five the Fan, All.
Speaker 5: Right, moron, Gabe Cups Boyd in a second and is dancing. Elwood High School needs football players. I hope that they have enough to have a season at Elwood. Last check they needed six more for participation. So if anybody up in and around or knows folks in Elwood, if there is any way in the stinking world I can help to motivate to get the number of football players. That's sincerita to have a season. You guys, let me know thinking about you. Elwood. Full scale participation is what we're looking for. Last check, they needed six more. See what we can do for Elwood High School. On the football program, Caleb's over there, I'm John right here. Kevin Bowen coming up at the top of the hour. Little college football conversation coming up at the five o'clock hour. Also a family four pack for the state Fair. On the inbound Don't Go Anywhere. It's ninety three five, one oh seven five the Fan, The ride with JMV.
Speaker 6: The Force will be with You Always, ninety three to five and one oh seven five the Fan.
Speaker 5: Scott Doctrman, the athletic National college football reporter, are gonna join us at five, So we get Doctorman out of the spelling of that last name. De We Caleb Doctorman, Doctorman? What what grease right here? I'm just curious which I do like this song? By the way, what compelled you with the grease selection?
Speaker 8: Can I get you behind the curtain here? I've just been trying to make a playlist of songs I think would be good for your show. As re entries and that this one was in kind of the recommended and I was like, yeah, i've heard this song before.
Speaker 10: I like it.
Speaker 5: I'm going to get a radio arousal right here because you're thinking in that fashion. Okay, No, seriously, that's good. That's a good thing. I think everybody knows as a part of this show for a number of years, when I get any sort of arousal, that's a good thing. It's like a good thing in terms of sports. It's not actual, it's not like we're in health class, but that is the term I use for Oh, that's good. Stephanie White Coach of the Month. I love that. That's beautiful. And I just sent something out because I want the reaction that we get from just the incredible jackasses out there that have no idea. And while I love the fact that there are a lot of people that are Fever fans and really not Fever fans, there's like a difference. There are Fever fans and there are Kaitlyn Clark fans, and some of the Kaitlin Clark fans are nuts, and I think some of the Caitlin Clark slash Fever fans. And I've said this before. I believe that once upon a time that we're talking about just a bunch of nerds, that all of a sudden, now they become fans of Kaitlyn Clark or the Fever because of Kaitlyn Clark, and now they believe they're like John Wooden junior. And what we have to do at times is to make sure that they understand that you're not quite John Wooden junior yet. Dungeons and Dragons, so take it easy. You just don't know. And part of that has been the constant, ridiculous criticism of the coach. And as I've said, if they don't live up to expectations, the blank will hit the fan. We know that because that's the way that it works in the world of professional sports, with the expectations and results. Well, unless you're the Colts and then you just live with it for ten years. But everywhere else, everywhere else, there are consequences, and there will be consequences if they don't live up to the expectations. But honestly, if you look around with the Fever and the reason why they have lost games, the reason why they lost on Sunday to the Lynx, the links are just that much better right now. And the fact that the fever oftentimes in that game couldn't guard a chair. So if you can't go to chair, then logically, right, logically, you're not going to be able to guard or stay in front of Olivia Miles. So that was a problem. That problem is not on the coach. The coach tried to find a variety of ways and means to deal with the fact that her team rarely could stand in front of a chair to guard, and it didn't work out. I will say this, they hung in the entire time, gave them a chance to win late. But this has not been a Stephanie White problem, no matter what anybody says. And then you saw Coach of the Month for the month of July. I love that, and all you dorks out there take that on the Anymore Out of Money group hotline. He is the coast of the fan morning show along with Gabe Cups Boyd and his dance routine. It's Kevin Bowen with us right now. Did you approve this whole dance and video stuff being sent out by your co host?
Speaker 3: I was not following you there for for just a second I thought you represented his basketball game. Boy I probably not wanted to be judging anyone on their dance routines after my young jock performance there in Westfield.
Speaker 5: But my goodness, you got to You got a close up right here on YouTube?
Speaker 9: Is that?
Speaker 5: What do you do? Are you laying in bed?
Speaker 11: What?
Speaker 5: What's going on? No? No, no, there's a bag, we're we're all. Look, we got playing going on right there. I love it.
Speaker 3: We got Nelly Bowen crawling around. I put the two others upstairs. I figured she's the one for you the most trouble.
Speaker 5: So I thought you had that camera's almost up your nostril right there. That's a pretty big close up right there. No, no, it's good. I just know it's okay. We need to see your chiseled features.
Speaker 3: I thought you wanted to see my nose here. Yeah, James Boyd, I mean he's going a little solo, right, I mean, it looks like you could be a backup dancer here for you know, the Jack five or something.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's he's a dancing guy. Honestly, I watched him perform that last night. He did like two or three different times, and he didn't look like he had much rhythm whatsoever. It didn't it looked he was.
Speaker 3: Got no jump shot and he's got no rhythm.
Speaker 5: He was begging for rhythm. Yeah, last night, last night sucked. They do we played. I said this earlier. You can't play for an hour and a half pick up basketball and play four games and then you're doing it all wrong. It was bad last night. That's why I got to go back again tonight to Greenwood Christian. And for the first time since he became the producer of this show, Caleb can't make it. So there's a check mark.
Speaker 3: Well, I was talking with somebody with the Colts and they were asking me if they could join Who's your yours your pickup game? So remember their pr staff. You know Hayden Clark at all. He's a good dude.
Speaker 5: Can he play.
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: I I assume, I mean.
Speaker 5: Sure, We're always wide open.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, so send him to Greenwood Christian.
Speaker 5: I'm a little hardcore about it, as Caleb can attest to. So once you're in, you you gotta be in. I don't want I don't take people bowing out or not making it, and as sure as hell, don't take the last minute bails. We cannot do that because you're gonna get it from me.
Speaker 3: If that's the case, I'll never forget a few years ago when James Boyd bailed on your Sunday morning because I thought he had a little strange next to him in bed, and you weren't happy with that.
Speaker 5: I don't care. You got plenty of time to work that you can get up at seven and come down here and play for two hours and get back to it.
Speaker 3: You know, bring hell Bringer. She can, she can, she can rebound during during during warm ups.
Speaker 5: I I have no mercy in terms of the uh the text group of these guys. If you're a no show, you're gonna hear about it. And I don't care if that's at southporta sine Grove or a Greenwood Christian or wherever. If you don't make it, you're gonna hear about it.
Speaker 3: So I love your intensity.
Speaker 5: I'm intense, There's no doubt. Hey, I want to ask you about your intensity. So you're a Notre Dame, honk. We know that to be true. Were you upset about this whole au Notre Dame thing? Or did zach Ousterman talk you off the ledge this morning?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: I you know, honestly, what I want to see from college football is whether it's a big time the SEC. And that's kind of what Zach was hammering today. You know, they get an agreement for a non conference schedule, or you get the ACC in the Big Twelfth to join as well. And again, we can't agree on anything in college sports, so this is probably a pipe dream. But for me, I think we need to get all these powerful conferences to agree, Yes, your conference games are your conference games, and then all of you need to play one tough well, I mean tough is kind of a loose term, but agree to one non conference game because for me, when we get to late August or early September, John, that's that like quiet period for the NFL, right for Labor Day. And if you look at Week one of the college football slate this year, it's terrible. And to me, it's all these teams afraid to, you know, risk having a loss, and I think we need to get an agreement here. Sorry, we got some crying kids there.
Speaker 5: Huh No, Maxalt life, Life's working behind you right there, that's all good. Is this the basement of the Bowen estate right here? Max?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 5: Max Hey, tell Max to go get his grabbers.
Speaker 10: Max, you want to go get your chompers.
Speaker 5: Get your chompers, and I want him to pull out his dad's ears while you're doing this interview. Can we do that?
Speaker 3: He feel a little bad, buddy.
Speaker 5: I'm Max. Hey, buddy, you guys are watching on YouTube live. Well you need to be right now because we got Max Bowen on the lap of dad. Kevin Bowen. We're looking for the clampers of the clumpers. What it called the clampers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he calls him as uh, he calls him as calls him as chompers. Here cool, Well, let me go, let me go take him.
Speaker 5: That's okay, there, you're gonna take him upstairs. Kevin Mowen is going to take him upstairs. Right now. I'm back with you, Kevin Bowen, Cartesy, the Andy Moore Automotive Group, Hootline. I love real life. Think you guys know that. And this is real life. There's nothing, not a damn thing wrong with real life.
Speaker 8: Brothers, there's not except except for what you gotta go get drinks with your friends and then you get chast eyes on there.
Speaker 5: Well you might as well get used to. You're the one that accepted this again, you knew what that was going to entail. I don't feel bad about it. I am a I am a force of nature when it comes to this stuff right here, and I am I feel like I'm hardcore and like it's funny. I think I make up When I was talking to Marlin about my younger existence. I think I'm making up for that right now, seriously. And I'm glad somebody finally taught me that. So they really do. And I was lucky that I grew up around people like when I grew up doing this. I look back at my time with Mark Patrick, and Mark Patrick is hardcore, but Mark Patrick was hardcore for a reason, and I appreciate that. Now. Maybe when you're in it at the time, you don't get it. But I think when you get further down the road, especially when you've really enjoyed what you've done, I think it becomes more magnified and you've become more appreciative of it. That makes sense. Kevin Bowen is back right now? Is Max? Okay?
Speaker 3: Apologies there, John oh Man.
Speaker 5: No, real life is great. I was just telling Caleb that I dig real life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a little little little chaos here, but yeah, I think to get back. I guess the cause we all think. What I want to see is all forty power conferences agree to one non conference game, I think, and maybe we're going to need to expand the playoff to sixteen or twenty four before teams are willing to do that. But I think that is going to be something that is just needed. You know, when you when you look at where we're at right now from from from a from a non conference standpoint, I'll be right there, okay, And and that to me, I think it would be super beneficial from uh, late August early September, because frankly, when you look at those two weekends, those are weekends that college football world I think needs to be on center stage, and right now you just don't really have a lot of that.
Speaker 5: And is it okay for me to say I'm going to interject on this too, because I've been a hardcore on my stance. I until somebody figures that out or makes a rule that that has to happen, I don't understand why why I'm not necessary. I'm not saying you at all, but I don't see why people are upset about what AU does because I you, what they're doing is following a formula that clearly works and works with this environment and this landscape, and I think people are apps bats crazy to believe that they should peel away from that until you have to, until somebody forces you to do it. You do what best benefits your situation and what has I don't know why. I do know why because I know the blue Bloods are upset about all of this stuff. But in terms of IU and the success, this has worked for them. So why should they feel compelled because of criticism to move away from that. I am staunchly in their category or in their corner in this. You do what you do as long as it shows the results until somebody changes up the rules, which is inevitable. But for the time being, I love what they do well.
Speaker 3: I think a I guess a counter to that would have been the playoff two years ago, you know, when when they go ten and two or I forget what their exact record was, but you know when they had the losses or no they were I guess they just had one loss, right, And a lot of people question, yeah, because Ohio State beat them, you know, pretty handily there late in the season, and there was some of the question whether they should even get in I think there were a ten seed if I remember correctly, I want to say Notre Dame was hosting as the seven. And a big reason why I think some of the committee members thought that Indiana should have been closer to the bubble was because of their schedule and because of the you know, I forget if those Louisville or Virginia that year, which one that they bought out from. So I think that would be the question is when you get to be not an undefeated team, which who knows, maybe they'll just continue to win every single game, But when all of a sudden you get to be on the bubble, uh, is that going to be used against you? You know Ohio State, you know they have Texas right now in the non conference. If you were going to compare like resumes at the end of the year and it's Ohio State and Indiana with the same record, You're probably going to side more with Ohio State willingness to play a quality the non non conference opponent. So that would be the question. When you go on to feed and you win the national title, you can do anything. You could schedule Eastern Green and people aren't going to care. But I think the question becomes if and when you're now being compared to a nine and three SEC team, Now, what's that discussion going to be?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think it's a massive blue broad pity party because of the IU situation. And maybe that's part of the reason why, because it rubs those folks the wrong way. That I really enjoy it and nothing against you, you know how much I like you, But you can factor in Notre Dame in that process too. I don't give a crap, I guess, and I think it's funny that everybody gets all bent out of shape about it. Is that fair? Is that fair? From my standpoint?
Speaker 3: What frustrates me in Again, obviously I'm heavily biased here. I just want to see these quality games. Like to me, you imagine what a Notre Dame Indiana week would have been like for our you know, not an am USC back on the schedule. Can you imagine if the big ten in the SEC agreed to a non conference home and home and now Alabama was coming to Bloomington, Indiana to play?
Speaker 5: But about the end result though, like Signetti in company, they're working for the end result. They don't give a crap about what we're going to be entertained.
Speaker 3: By do they know I know, yeah, I know full well what they're doing, But I'm just talking. What I would love to see from college football is, can we all agree on all?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 3: Instead of playing Howard Austin p and Ball State in the non conference, why don't you have two cupcakes in one quality? And again, if everyone is in agreement on the one quality, now it's more of a level playing field. And now you have appointment television late August early September. That to me is something that again, college football can't agree on anything. Clearly. I'm not holding my breath to say this is going to happen, but that's what I would like to see from an entertainment standpoint in late August and early September.
Speaker 5: I guess it's kind of magnified for me keV a little bit here because I love to watch again, all these high quality, high caliber, historic football programs collegiately have to try to all get bent out of shape because of the IU infiltration here. I love that, and I love the fact that i U is going to go about their business and do what they do, I guess until somebody makes a rule and suggest they can't and they have to go about it a different way. I love that, and I love the fact that you have a lot of people complaining about it. So I live in this world, you know again, And I think Signetti's the type of guy that will adjust. Certainly, if the rules would predicate that you have to adjust, he will. But I think he would adjust if he felt he had to. But at this point, whatever formula they and he's using clearly works, So there's zero way I would go about it any differently.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think, yeah, I mean to live in a little bit of reality. If this was Alabama or LSU, I think we all be bitching and moaning. But because it's the team in our own backyard, correct, and it's Kurt Signetty right now, then you know.
Speaker 5: We had to live with this. Perhaps we were born and I know you've been a Notre Dame fan, so that's a little bit different. But look, we were born where you in football around here was basically a doormat if it wasn't Notre Dame. So this is all new and it's awesome. And the fact that whether you're an SEC team or a blue blood or whatever, they're all been out of shape about this it's gratifying. I think it's gratifying to a level in which most people felt they would never see in the form of football around here. So it's great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean obviously it's beyond foreign times, to say the least here. So yeah, we'll see if anything changes, because you know, the SEC has the whatever. Everybody's got to play one in their non conference, and it's something that i'd like to see the Big Ten explore too as a as a conference. But until the Big until the playoff expands, to your point, we're probably not gonna see it.
Speaker 5: Kevin Bowen The Fan Morning show, he and Gabe Cupps Junior weekday morning seventy until today, not three five and one o seven five the Fan. You know how much I'll love James. By the way, Hey, your conversation with Daniel Jones, did you like bend over and check out his achilles? You feel that thing up to make sure it was okay.
Speaker 1: I can't say.
Speaker 3: I can't say I went, you know, underneath the table or felt the round on the old achilles there, But yeah, I thought he gave us maybe a little bit, you know, more than he does in a in a normal press conference setting. So I appreciated him joining us, And you know, honestly, just the fact that here we are six practices in John and he's taking every single starting rap, that to me is the biggest thing. And there's been a willingness to let him be mobile and let him scramble. And while I don't think he's one hundred and one hundred percent, the fact that they're willing to do all that late July and early August, I think has got to be viewed as a very very positive step in his direction.
Speaker 5: Hey keV, Seriously, I'm glad he's taken every rep too, But do they really want to give any starting reps and start any dialogue between Leonard and Richardson? Seriously? Would they rather not do that? So you're saying, yeah, because all of a sudden, men more thought talking about, well, you see a Lionardy god starters reps today? Hey, Richardson got starters reps today?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I guess it would be more from a medical standpoint, like if the medical team's like, hey, in this hour and a half practice, we don't want Daniel doing all fourteen periods, you know, you would kind of have no choice. I mean, however, who would they use?
Speaker 5: Who do you think they would use if they did, if they gave somebody else the starters rep just for a moment of practice participation, who would it be?
Speaker 3: I think if they played a game tomorrow, Riley Leonard would be the backup.
Speaker 5: Is that because he's better or because.
Speaker 3: That is because he's less likely to burn the house down.
Speaker 5: Because he can feel the snap? Right I guess?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, seriously, So I'm a snapping.
Speaker 5: Still problematic by the way, do we know?
Speaker 6: And it's like every day it's weird.
Speaker 3: I mean every day, and even Leonard had one or two yesterday that all of a sudden it's like a broken play. And I mean some of it I get is on the center. I mean Richardson has dropped several So yeah, I mean these preseason games, you know, I assume of the twelve quarters, Richardson and Leonard will play a ton, But right now I would It's clear the first team offense has been able to move it a bit, but the second third team it's been a struggle, to say the least.
Speaker 5: Do you think that Richardson is going to go down in history as one of the most athletic guys not to be viewed as athletic and history of sport, you know, I mean, I mean the whole snap issue. But you look at him and you go, man, this dude is an absolute Adonis.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean the snap issue. I mean, to be fair to him a little bit, like, is it still I related?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Oh I don't. Who knows that well, I mean that's problematic, right, I didn't even consider that, but yeah, I guess, Hey, I can't see the snap, so that's problematic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's kind of funny. Somebody in the media room the day was like, you know, will Richardson go down, it's one of the biggest busts in NFL history, It'll be interesting like like if and when those conversations happen. Yeah, if you look at it and I'm not one of these people, it's like, you know, quarterback record as gospel. But it is kind of wild that, like he could be viewed as one of the biggest bust in NFL history and yet he's eight and seven as the starting quarterback. Yeah, Like you know, what was JaMarcus records or JaMarcus Russell's record, what was Ryan Leaf's record? I mean, you know, some of these quarterbacks just were horrible. And if you want to go a step further, I mean the Colts fired that defensive coordinator that Richardson was starting with and Gus Bradley sou.
Speaker 5: But yeah, I mean right now, a baby Nelly, Nelly? Did you name her after? Nelly Olsen of Little House on the Prairie.
Speaker 3: You say hi to Uncle John right there, Hi, Nelly.
Speaker 2: He's ready.
Speaker 3: Giving you a smile.
Speaker 5: I know she is. That's all the chicken. That's how all the chicks respond to Uncle John right there.
Speaker 3: She knows you got a big hoop game with Kristian.
Speaker 5: That is uh, that is Mattie Bowen all the time right there.
Speaker 3: Man, Yeah, certainly certainly not her father here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's awesome, well done. How's Nelly doing? Right there? Is Nelly?
Speaker 3: Uh, she's great, She's she's nine months tomorrow. She's healthy and happy and crawling all over the house. And yeah, welcome to Welcome to Zoom. Life of the Bow and Basement.
Speaker 5: So when you guys shoot videos with Max and he's got his clampers out there and grabbing helmets and stuff, and you guys do it on the sidewalk, how close because those cars are zooming right in front of your house? How close are we on that sidewalk to the street.
Speaker 3: I mean, look at this, this is Uncle John putting on his four factor hat here. Yeah, we live a uh, we live on a streets. It's a little a little too busy maybe for my liking.
Speaker 5: So are we Are we thinking about getting getting out of the place or we stay in there? Do you like it?
Speaker 4: I do?
Speaker 3: I mean from an interest rate, it's just, you know, not to get too homeownery on you, but the interest rate's just too good to pass up.
Speaker 5: You guys want to come down and live with me?
Speaker 3: I would love to try and seriously pitch that idea to Maddie and just see if I could go ten or fifteen seconds before she's like her, are you a blear?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 5: I got yeah, the old basement has lived down there.
Speaker 3: And you got a crib for Nelly ready?
Speaker 5: Oh heck yeah, got everything? Everything exactly, everything exactly down there. Caleb, Hey, Caleb has been to a pool party across the wild Before.
Speaker 8: I was gonna say Kevin, like, this is what's gonna happen to me? He keeps dragging me around everywhere. It's gonna be There's no doubt is gonna be living there.
Speaker 3: I mean, you can do a bet. You know what's gonna happen first, Caleb living there, John having a grandkid crawling around.
Speaker 5: Man, Lord of Mercy, blank t keep it in your drawers, buddy, Come on now, don't do that to me. So there's zero way I'm ready to ready for that. But now, seriously, hey fever, Stephanie White was the Coach of the Month in July. How much has been made about her being the most significant issue that has been absolutely wrong to you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is kind of fitting how well that they've played this month and now you see all the awards coming in. Yeah, you know, to me, if if anything in the gripe a little bit about the defensive personnel, you know, someone that I feel like has played pretty well for him and they've really needed has been Mo Billions correct. Yes, yeah, she's not as frontline as maybe some of the others we talk about, but she's been big for him. And tomorrow night, I mean, I know a lot of eyes will be on Colts practice, but that's a big one, you know, because beating the upper echelon. Yeah, I think is now kind of the next question for them and Home Court is really real. I mean, there's an opportunity here. When's last time they've had a home court series, you know, So we'll see if they can get that here in the final whatever ten or fifteen games, you know.
Speaker 5: And the Pacers guarded a little bit to help themselves end up in the NBA Finals. That's what's going to be with the fever. They can score and score it will, but you're going to have to be able to guard a little bit, and they just can't guard a little bit right now. That's problematic for him.
Speaker 3: No, I would agree, and you know you saw that late in the Minnesota game. Just could not get enough stops there. So yeah, tomorrow night should be a good one.
Speaker 5: Do you know Nellie Olsen Little House of the Prairie? Did you get that reference? No, did not watch The Little House on the Prairie. You're too young for that. How old are you? Nelly?
Speaker 3: For Tado.
Speaker 2: Month?
Speaker 5: You know what former NBA player Nellie Fortato dated and also used in a song of hers.
Speaker 3: Oh I should know this.
Speaker 5: Caleb, you know two time MVP of the NBA, Steve Nash. Yeah, because I think they're both Canadian. He was he and and she and with Nellie Fortato and she put him in that song.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I should have known that a little bit quicker than I did.
Speaker 5: Who's the most awkward professional basketball player that's ever been used in a song?
Speaker 3: Oh gosh, I'm sure you could get some.
Speaker 5: Yeah, do you remember Den didn't? What song is it where Jay Z says handles like van Exel? Nick van Exel was in a song?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, but Nick van Exel, I mean he could score there for he good.
Speaker 5: He was a he was a really good left I won't tell you. Tandem dudes mess up the world too in basketball.
Speaker 3: The Cincinnati guy, right, did you play for Huggins?
Speaker 5: He did, Nick Van Exel back in the day. So all right, what do you guys got going on tomorrow morning? Buddy?
Speaker 3: Just previewing that that night practice. Yeah, So we're done with our colts player coach related interviews there. I think we're trying to effort maybe the new Purdue ad, but I have a feeling that'll be having to be later because I think they're announcing it tomorrow or maybe he's doing a press conference tomorrow.
Speaker 5: I'm not going to ask any questions about Dyke didn't taking dumps in the yard all right, is that okay with you? Seriously?
Speaker 3: You can't endorse that, can you?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: I mean if I had to, I probably would because I'd rather do that in the yard in my pants. But at the same time, yeah, how did he? How did that come up this morning?
Speaker 3: That's a long story. I was describing how it looks like when Daniel Jones is running right now, looks like you might be trying to hurry to the potty little bit right.
Speaker 5: It's better than his cubs arousal, though, Do you not just get worn out on that angle?
Speaker 4: Good?
Speaker 2: Lord?
Speaker 3: PCA. That's that's literally all he tweets about right now, is ww pc A.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Hey, by the way, Mike Braun just walked by the window here. He told me he's going to give me some free gas. Do you want some?
Speaker 3: What's the latest on the old gas text?
Speaker 5: I say, hey, get your ass in here, I want some free gas. Braun?
Speaker 3: Yeah, what do you think exactly?
Speaker 5: I talk about Jasper all the time. I got free gas. Everybody's going if he wants me due to fill up?
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's got me some stations off of two thirty one.
Speaker 5: All right, well, I appreciate it. Take gif gape cups our best tomorrow. Okay that may be laws. See Buddy by Nelly, Kevin Bowen and Nelly on the Andy Moore Auto Buttive group Hot like quick break. I'm gonna see if I can get Mike Braun, the governor of the state of Indiana, to give us all free gas right here what he passes by? So is that bad if I say that to him? Because I know he's the governor, I'm just some jackass talk to your host. But frankly, I don't care. I'm gonna ask him for free gas. I said, man, what do you guys? What are you doing to us here at gas tax? What if I call him Mike gas tax.
Speaker 1: Braun, will you like that?
Speaker 5: Come on, gas tax, get in here and give me some free gas. Quick break back of you guys.
Speaker 6: Next the ride with JMV.
Speaker 8: I look a woman up and down and I say, hey, how you doing?
Speaker 6: He three five and one oh seven five the fan.
Speaker 5: There it is this dude with girl. Whatever you want, you're all loan. I tell you what. Nellie Fertano gave me a little something something back in the day. How she looked now.
Speaker 1: I don't know a good question. I haven't seen it.
Speaker 5: This is a frommiscuous. Yes, I like that idea from knowing for title being from mischigous Steve Nash. He was dating Steve Nash at the time. I believe the two time NBA MVP, Steve Nash.
Speaker 1: Isn't that crazy that he won two MVPs.
Speaker 5: Well, he was a badass. He's awesome, man.
Speaker 1: But you know at that size to be a two time MVP, you.
Speaker 5: Know, well at that size, and he scored and he got everybody else going.
Speaker 8: A lot of people say he won one from stole one from Kobe, but the Lakers were really not great that year.
Speaker 1: They were he was the only guy on the team.
Speaker 8: Kobe scored like thirty five a game that year, but they were like a forty win team made the playoffs.
Speaker 5: Those Phoenix teams. So as Nash, Amar Stottenmeyer.
Speaker 8: Jason Richardson, I think had a stint that may have been towards the end, but you had.
Speaker 1: Man who else was on there?
Speaker 5: I loving you play references from NBA players in songs. That's beautiful. Justin Knowle says that Nelly blew up. Come on now, Justin you to get me in trouble.
Speaker 8: Shawn Marion who we were talking about. Yes, Vincennes, he was on those teams. By the way, we'll do a production meeting right here. I want to get Sean Marion on if you could track him down. And London Fletcher because the Colts play The Commander's Hell sometime. I want to get London Fletcher on the show. I think he does some stuff with the Commanders. Sure he was on long ago. You guys are prompting me to ask Mike Brown to give us free gas. I'm gonna ask him when he comes by this window right here, there's Nathaniel. Nathaniel's got work to do for the jam V takeover. By God, Greg writes this JMB. Last year, Indiana beat the CFP final rank twenty three, eight ten, five twice in two and none of them in Bloomington.
Speaker 5: And see, I feel good about that. Greg, thank you for sending that. That is why the rest of the college football world can bend over and take a smooch right off the rear end of the college football program in Bloomington. Seriously, No, I'm not trying to shake my fist and its blow sunshine up everybody's rear end because it's a local team. But no, seriously, Oh now, because I use done the hell the rules got to change now, No, they don't, and until they do, shut up, let the results speak. I've told you this before. A lot of people disagree. The most hated team in college football right now is IU. Everybody hates them. They went from a nice, cute little story to transitioning to the only reason why they win is because of the way that they schedule, on the amount of money that they have. You know what they did. The biggest part about that is they selected a team that best benefited their system with the resources that they have, and because everybody else didn't, too damn bad. You guys want free gas. Oh look at this Boris dil Thank you guys. Leandro Barbosa was one of my favorites, the pride of Brazil. Barbosa, my man couldn't do anything but score. He wasn't about to guard anybody, and he probably wasn't going to pass it too often, but he was going to score.
Speaker 1: I think they called him the Brazilian Blur.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he was a blur, all right. He was a blur to get into the rim.
Speaker 1: Won a title with the Golden State later in his career.
Speaker 5: Has great.
Speaker 1: Rajah Bell.
Speaker 5: Yeah, those Phoenix teams were fun as hell. Rajah Bell Michigan's day, right is that Rajah Bell?
Speaker 1: Rajah Bell was Oh no, he wasn't Michigan's date.
Speaker 5: Who was? No, that was Charlie Bell. I was thinking of right here, Michigan State.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, man, And they changed the game.
Speaker 1: Mike D'Antoni changed the game with their pace.
Speaker 5: So gutshot. Greg says, there's a song out there that has Sebastian Telfair in it as a reference.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that would that would take the case.
Speaker 5: Gotcha, I don't know what that is. Shout out to you. What song is that? Sebastian Telfair has a reference in a song? I got to hear that. So gutsha, don't leave me hanging, brother, what is it? Eric says, Hey, the gov just suspended the gas tax again. I don't want to suspend I mean, I do want to suspend it, but I want free gas. I'm looking for free gas. I don't necessarily just want to have to pay three fifty four and be happy about it. Hey, great, I'm paid, which is better than paying four fifty four, But it's not like that. I'm getting all aroused with three fifty four per gallon of gas. And since we had the governor here, I think it's up to me to see if we can all get free gas for the show. He's got to be able to do that, right.
Speaker 1: Question is would he do it for you?
Speaker 5: John? I don't know better. Why wouldn't he? We're both Southern Indiana dudes right here. I think it would help him out. I think leaning on me to promote. I mean, did you see all the dorks that walked in with him? No wonder I didn I didn't get a chance of mighty hanging around with all those dorks and be cool to mvy. This is great, ask grass or preferably gas. Well done? So do you not find the telfare song you I was talking to?
Speaker 1: Have anything?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 5: We got another that's interesting here too. Let me get back to this if I can find it out. Apparently Shannon Brown is in a Tony Braxton song, remember former Michigan State guard and LA Laker, most notably Shannon.
Speaker 1: Brown's yet Hops Let me let me see Tony Braxton song Tony Braxton or it.
Speaker 5: Was just like uh hean and she and with Tony Braxton, which is not a bad idea j MV. Heading to Cincinnati to watch a couple of Reds games, run a whole bottle of Kirkland because, as you know, it's hard to watch them sober. Should I take an extra shot for you when I get there? Yeah, yeah, do that, And then it makes sure make sure you're vocal about why in the world that nick Crawl is anywhere near that organization, why it's been long enough anywhere near it. But yeah, do that for me. So I've got to ask Mike Brown to legalize weed and to give us free gas. I'm on it, Glenn. Yeah, at this point it doesn't bother me one bit. I don't have to be professional. We all know what this show is about. We're having fun talking sports whatever we feel like talking about. All right, quick break on the other side, JMV. Do you think that the cults are going to secure a veteran wide receiver? We'll talk about that coming up on the other side. Listen, at some point you're gonna have to have you seen the skill position players. Nothing at all. I like Ashton Doule in a great deal, but come on now, you have to absolutely have to. And it's not even about logically sitting on you know, thirty one million dollars of cap space. It's about what the hell it's like Giggs is going to end up with the commanders if there is a team that is questionable at the wide receiver position. Have you seen the Washington commander's list, certainly, and we'll see if Diggs ends up there. And listen, Stefan Diggs was not going to end up here, but you know, Keithan Allen is certainly a name. At some point you do have to address that. It looks like the commanders have will the Colts at some point you kind of have to quick break, well, come back, little college football conversation at the top of the hour. Do not go anywhere. A family four pack of tickets to the State Fair. It is about set to get underway here on this show tomorrow we're loaded up. Howard Jones going to join us on the show coming up tomorrow. The artist, the eighties new wave pioneer, Howard Jones is going to be here coming up on Friday. That's aim not only Howard Jones, it's Wang Chung. It is English Beat in Modern English, and we're all going Howard Jones going to join me on the Show for a couple of minutes coming up tomorrow to promote his ever Wise appearance coming up on Friday Night, ninety three to five, one oh seven five, The.
Speaker 6: Fan, The Ride with JMV. It's a beautiful day for baseball at Wrigley Field in Chicago. Has the Chicago Cobbs Face, the troublesome Cincinnati Rep. Ninety three five and one oh seven five The Fan. Then it is handles like van Exel.
Speaker 5: How good was van Xel in your opinion back in the day, Nick van Exel, the pride of you see, I love this. By the way, this is when, uh, this was before that. Why can't I think this is before Beyonce and and he got together? Right, so this is kind of like his uh sparked the flame. It did spark the flame right there, Handles like van Exel. That's crazy, right, crazy.
Speaker 1: It is crazy.
Speaker 5: I love Van Exel. Was Do you remember Van Xell at all? Were you too young?
Speaker 1: Too young? Dang Lakers? Is that right? Played for the Lakers? Is that right?
Speaker 5: Oh? Dallas, the Lakers, I think too. You played for the Mavericks for a couple of years too, maybe.
Speaker 10: Yours?
Speaker 1: Nuggets? The Nuggets as well, Dallas got treated to Dallas.
Speaker 5: Yep, Nick Van Exell, David the originally five games out of the wild card. What's their chance you think of pulling a Houston Astros win streak can get in, well, Josh, if it were any other team that we're talking about here and not the Cincinnati Reds, I would say, yeah, you know what, that's logical they could do it. But it's the Cincinnati Reds. We all normally know how that works out. So Caleb Matt says this, it's Whale and the song. Whale says, quote you ought to you out of your league like Telfair Whale and Work. So that does that mean you're out of your league like Telfair and he wasn't good enough to be in the league, or you're not as good as Telfair? Good reference song right there, Whale and Work. According to Matt, dam V Ballard Crawl and who else would you suggest for your roundtable discussion? Yeah? Man, that's been in a long time with both right here, there's ample opportunities to prove JAMV Van Exwell had the nickname back in the day. Quote Gangsta Hoopa from Brett Nick the quick is the one that I knew, and that's back during the time when we were running out of really good nicknames. I think we're completely out of them now. When's the last time there was a good sports nickname. Everything's just incredibly lame now. Oh there there's nothing left nothing, Davy. Hope you can get the gas thing done. I just dropped one hundred and forty eight dollars to fill up my decent truck because I thought the gas tax were going to be reinstated tomorrow. Five thirty six a gallon, killing my beer fund. Yeah, I'm gonna get thev Come on, man, he is suspending the gas tax. But I think a lot of us need this for free. Dam Vy people losing their minds over thirty five dollars a month to watch the pacers while walking into I'm sorry, that's old, my bad, dam Vy solid NBA. Lamar Odam referenced by Eminem in Berserk didn't know that either, Did you know lamar Odam was in eminem Berserk? No, did not know that. I'm glad we got on this topic with Bowen a little bit earlier. That's wrong, Skivvy, says. Reggie Miller is mentioned in a three to eleven. Song three eleven is the rock slash ska band of the nineteen nineties, most noted for what song, which I love a great deal. One word title to this song would be down. I don't know what song Reggie Miller's reference. I don't think it's down, but I love the song down been played on the jamb takeover before our quick break will come back. We got college football conversation coming up on the other side, Scott Document of the Athletic National College Football Reporter. We're gonna talk about a little bit of everything. I think the top five teams right now in the country all have what in common, Caleb, you.
Speaker 1: Know, top five teams, Top five.
Speaker 5: Teams, I use number six. They do not have this in common with the five above him. You know what that is? Returning quarterbacks. Eh okay, returning quarterback Josh Hoover from TCU is in for IU taking over for the number one overall selection. Fernando Mendoza. I believe the top five in the country preseason wise all have returning quarterbacks. That and more was Scott on the other side. Family four packs, State Fair passes we got for as well. You guys sit tight ninety three five, one h seven five the fan, the ride with jmv A Yankees.
Speaker 10: You can take your apogee, stay uphie and shut it.
Speaker 6: Stay up here ninety three five and one oh seven five the fan.
Speaker 11: You know, if it all works out and he can participate and help his football team, then you know his life could change. But uh, I know one thing about him. Uh He'll give it his best shot, he really will, and we'll just see what happens.
Speaker 5: It's uh Kurtz Signetti regarding the return of Stephen Daly, who was practicing as there officially underway down in Bloomington in preparation for the season. The preseason six ranked Hoosiers and defending their national championship in Stephen Daily coming back for a fifth year. And I know everybody thinks this whole thing is weird. Everybody believes this whole thing to be odd. But at the same time, it simply does not matter. You are playing with the rules in which you are presented, and if everybody else isn't down with it, if everybody else is struggling because of it, then so be it. So we're going to get Scott on here. In just the second, I was just out in the Hallway with Governor Mike Brawn. Today, I declared a new statewide energy emergency, prompted by new disruptions in global oil shipping lanes in recent weeks, and reinstituted my suspense men of Indiana's gasoline usage tax and gasoline excise tax. Now, I tried my damness for everybody. I'm trying to get us all free gas. But I did get the card right here. The Press secretary calleb get me the card. His name is Griffin Reid, and I said, hey, I'm gonna get vocal if we don't get some cheaper gas around here, Griffin red this is also above my head. But they stopped by when I was in the break right here. Yeah, I know three p fifty four is still substantial, but it's better than four fifty four. I would guess for sure. Jam V Stephen Daly is twenty two, So nobody is too confused. I don't think agreed. It's all good. Dam V three eleven is jack O Lanners bliss. I'm betting on my bliss and my path is lit. See the microphone is live. I'm rocking my body smooth like Reggie Miller in an airbone or Airborne Freeze Frame three eleven, dam Vy played three eleven's Who's Got My herb for the Governor? Damvi. You mentioned ox Bakery yesterday on the show that was with Blake Groupie in the place Kicking Battle with Spencer Trader for the Colts.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 5: The hometown of Blake Groupie is the hometown of the late great former wrestler around here, Ox Baker. Remember him in his Escape from New York where the Bat with Nails disappeared and then reappeared in the Battle with Snake ox Baker. Ox Baker was here and if you remember, if you watch Channel we were talking about Channel four with the passing of Jenny Hodge. But one of the other entertainment values we got to know growing up around here, especially if you were a member of Generation X, was that of the professional wrestling on Channel four, most notably Dick the Bruiser, but Dick the Bruiser, Bobo Brazil, Electric, Steve Regal. They used to wrestle all the time at the Big Red Barn in Zionsville. Anybody up in Boone County can talk about the Big Red Barn in Zionsville. But ox Baker was a part of that as well, if you remember correctly, and we brought him up yesterday because he is from the hometown in Missouri of that of Blake Groupie meantime of the Andy Moore Automotive Group pipeline. We'll double back to that in a second. State fair passes we have for you as well from the athletic the national college football reporter, Scott Doctor Ben joins us. Now, Hey, Scott, good afternoon to your pal. How are you.
Speaker 10: I'm great? How's it going today?
Speaker 5: All right? So we look at the top five right in the preseason rankings, they all believe have returning quarterbacks. Now number six has a new quarterback that are defending national champions. But how do you compare, and this just occurred to me. You have returning signal callers compared to having returning coordinators, which has been a staple for Kurt Signetti, having these coordinators with him over this incredible run. How do you compare or balance out the two in this case?
Speaker 7: I think in this case, if Indiana had a different name, if it was a blue blood name, it would get the benefit of the doubt that it did not get here and it should have. And I think what told me a lot about the way the coaches are voting is that they had the second most first place votes, yet there's sixth overall, which tells me that there's a ton of coaches that vote him, voted them tenth, eleventh somewhere in the teams, and that's really unacceptable. If you want to continue to make this poll matter, you've got to vote the teams where they really are. In Indiana to me, is no less than a top three or four program right now, and based on everybody that they have coming back to, outstanding coordinators, the best head coach in the country, and even though they don't have a returning quarterback, they have one who was very successful last year and Josh Hoover at TCU. And what we've seen out of Kurt Signetti in these two years is he's made good quarterbacks into either very good quarterbacks in the case of Curtis Work or elite quarterbacks in the case of for Nando Mendoza. And I think Josh Hoover probably has a stronger pedigree coming into Indiana doesn't mean that he's going to be as good as for Nando Mendoza, who is one of the best we've seen in Big ten country in decades. But it does mean that they should receive more of the benefit of the doubt than they received. And I think it's kind of it's unacceptable again for a lot of coaches to rank them low, to force them to be number six overall, you know.
Speaker 5: And again Scott Document of the Athletic college football reporters on the Andy Moore Automotive Group potline with us right now when you look at this particular team, is it almost like it's EYEU against everybody right now? A year ago there were this incredible story, but now it's transitioned into, hey, look how they don't schedule. Hey look how much money they have considering the resources and bought themselves a national title. It seems like, well, what they did a year ago, it has completely offended the blue bloods that are out there to really now hand off the most hated to the IU football program. Is there any fair in the way you judge IU, at least from those around them, as being maybe the most hated during the college football landscape going into this season.
Speaker 7: I think outside of Big ten country, that's totally fair.
Speaker 10: I mean, what we're seeing right now.
Speaker 7: Is pretty typical, which is the college football industrial complex tearing down teams that don't quite.
Speaker 10: Fit into the blue blood category, and it happens every year.
Speaker 7: We've seen it with teams like an IU who is able to accomplish great things. We've seen it in the past with Iowa with being the fake idea of college football, and several other teams that have kind of fit that description. And so you do see this tear down. It's like you're not cool enough, you're not old money, you're not good enough for this crowd. But I don't think that's the case of the Big Ten. I think there is immense respect in the Big Ten for what Indiana did. You look at them that are competing at a similar level. I don't think Oregon feels that way. Ohio State understands what it has, and the other programs of the Big Ten are really more or less I wouldn't say in awe, but very much respectful. But I think you look at primarily from SCC country, they're threatened by what Indiana represents and how it's accomplished, and you look at this team and there are very few weaknesses. I think Indiana it can be the bullet of the villain, you know, but you know what, I think Kurt Signetti would applaud being the villain as well.
Speaker 5: So how does it magnify even more defensively? The return that we found out yesterday and he was in practice down in Bloomington today in preparation for the start of the season for a fifth year that of the injured and the celebration after the Big Ten title game of defensive lineman Stephen Daily.
Speaker 10: I mean this is a massive return.
Speaker 7: I mean, you can't ask for a better player to come back and kind of get this fifth year than Stephen Daily.
Speaker 10: I mean he got hurt last year. I remember seeing it happen.
Speaker 7: I was in Indianapolis when it happened, and and to actually be able to win the national title without him, I thought, oh man, that you know, it was going to really hurt Indiana, but instead Indiana was able to win it without him. And yet now you have three returning starters up front on one of the tougher defensive lines in the country. You have you know, some really elite level linebackers coming back, a lot of the secondary I mean there's I think Indiana could be just as good as it was last year because you know, even at the second level, I mean, Aidan Fisher was an incredible leader and a tremendous tackler, but I think they may be leave a little more athletic now with Roe Hardy and Isaiah Jones, and in the secondary, D'Angelo Ponds did something that you know, it's hard to replicate, but they've still got some really good players. I think Jamari sharp and and Amari Ferrell are as good as it gets. And then bringing in guys like aj Harre from Penn State and Preston Zachman from Wisconsin. They mean, these are really good Big Ten players. So I think that they are really they're right there top three in the Big Ten to me, top three or four in the country, and they have every opportunity to go back to back this year. It's really going to be about could Josh Hoover make the plays in some of these critical games.
Speaker 5: So Scott Doctor Men of the Athletic Talks College Football and the Andy More Automotive Group Hotline. So we saw what Fernanda Mendoza did, Heisman Trophy winner, first overall selection going to the Raiders in the NFL Draft. That is going to be a lot to live up to, and hopefully from an au Angle try to surpass and you're number one for Josh Hoover. How do you view him going into this season? Some of the similarities if there are any, and really a multitude of differences between these two high level quarterbacks in Bloomington.
Speaker 7: I think you've got a guy who's very experienced. You know, has thrown the ball a lot at TCU. He's made quite a few mistakes, I would say, more so than what certainly that Indiana would want or that it will probably be coached out of him, the turnovers, but very I think he's got the potential to be more efficient maybe if I shouldn't say more efficient, but efficient, maybe a little.
Speaker 10: Bit better runner at times.
Speaker 7: And he does have a pretty good assortment of wide receivers to choose from.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 7: You know, Elijah Surat and and Omar Cooper were tremendous and it's really it's hard to replace them even with good players. Charlie Becker, though, had such a phenomenal postseason, a late season, and you throw on Nick marsh who kind of underachieved at Michigan.
Speaker 10: State but wasn't necessarily his fault.
Speaker 7: And I think he gets coached right in Indiana that it can really help Josh Hoover go from being a very good quarterback to now an elite level quarterback on par with the top three or four in the Big Ten and maybe you know ad or near the top. I think it's hard to say he's going to equal what Fernando Mendoza did because he was so critical in those big moments last year, whether it was Penn State on the road, Iowa on the road, you know Laighton in Miami. I mean his run for the touchdown where he got hit at the five and lunged, and I mean that goes down in Big Ten lore is one of the greatest touchdowns in Big Ten history. So I don't know that Josh Hoover can do that. I also don't think it's fair to expect him to do that. I think what you expect from him is efficiency, make the makeable plays, make some important plays when he can, and don't lose the game for you. And I think he's more than capable of meeting those.
Speaker 10: Challenges head on.
Speaker 5: Scott doctor Ben of the Athletic Talks College Football. He is kind of enough to join us on the Andy Morrow at monif Group hotlines. We mentioned IU and rank six in the preseason coaches pull in the top twenty five, and the first five Ohio State, Oregon, Georgia, Texas, and Notre Dame all have returning quarterbacks. So do you think ultimately is the best quarterback of those five teams I just mentioned in the coaches bols.
Speaker 10: It's interesting to see what the upside is on arch Manning.
Speaker 7: I mean, we're all kind of expecting him to If he could be like Peyton or Eli Eli, then he probably would be number one. I did my preseason Big ten poll, and I did I put Julian say in there because he was off the charts when it came to accuracy, and when you have those receivers, he's going to look like the best in the country.
Speaker 10: So I think I would probably put him at the top.
Speaker 6: As of now.
Speaker 7: Dante Moore has incredible talent. Would have been the number two pick, and I know there were a few people saying that he should have been number one over Mido's. I don't buy that, but I think, you know, Dante.
Speaker 10: Moore is is very is very good. And now I think CJ.
Speaker 7: Carr as the potential to be, you know, to take that next step and maybe put Notre Dame as a is a finalist again this year. I think they're in that category. But and then you know, of course Georgia. You know Gunner Stocked, and I think they're he's kind of a safer guy. But I would probably go I'd probably go saying, as of right.
Speaker 5: Now, you look at the big ten, and you kind of you know Ohio State, Iowa, I should say Ohio State and IU. But what about teams with a new coach like like Michigan White, Penn State. And then I want you to factor in a team like Washington, which a lot of people believe could be an ultimate dark horse. That and you know, an old standby is Kirk Ferns and what he has done in Iowa City. It's a team that's often forgotten, but I know Kurt Signetti said that. You know they played them as tough as anybody a year ago. If you remember on the road, a chance to win an eye, you pulled that one out of the fire. You look at the Big ten, especially with those two teams in mind, within the top twenty five.
Speaker 7: I think there this is where the top twenty five got it right. Even though I think i U was the most underrated team at number six. I think that there is a top three, and then there's a next tier of about five teams that could be playoff caliber teams. And I think Ohio State and Oregon and Indiana not only will be playoff teams but at minimum hosting playoff games, and two of them might end up with buys.
Speaker 10: I think they're that good.
Speaker 7: Out of the next group, there's just everybody's got a question mark. I started Michigan where I think they have the potential to maybe be a team that could struggle. They have an incredibly difficult schedule that they open up with Oklahoma at home, that's a second game, and then their first Big ten game is against Iowa. Later on in the season they play Indiana, Oregon, and Ohio State and you look at those types of games and if they could start two and two and lose to two pretty good teams in Oklahoma and Iowa, and their season is going to feel like it's lost. And Bryce Underwood has all the talent in the world, but you got to realize that at some point, and a new coach and Kyle Whittingham, I thought he was a little tone deaf and trying to understand what the Michigan has state rivalry is all about. You can say all you want that there shouldn't be hate in sports, but there is hate in that rivalry. So I think you kind of have to look that way. Penn State is the team that I think I would put in that is fourth spot because they really weren't that bad last year. There were seven and six fired their coach mid season. But if you look, five of their losses brought were by one score. As we know, IU went right down to the wire there. They lost by a point. At Iowa. They had some bad losses to Northwestern and UCLA that were by a couple of points. And so I think when you bring in Matt Campbell, who is an outstanding coach who really broke the ceiling at Iowa State and brought twenty four players, and a lot of them are really good players, I think, and they're coupled with their schedule, I think the Ninny Lyons have the chance to be in the playoff discussion, win double digit games, and then out of the rest. Washington I'm curious about, you know, the demand Williams flirtation with LSU before he got scolded and sent back to the corner and you know how much does that play out for them? USC has a really good offense, and you know, but it's it's an important time for Lincoln Riley, you know, if he doesn't get over the top, if they don't win nine or ten games and get to the playoff, I mean, is it kind of exhausted his time there? And and Iowa is an intriguing team because they are very physical. They have two big question marks to me, which is quarterback. They've got a competition there that'll go all the way to the beginning of the season, and their defensive line needs to be replaced. But other than that, I think the Hawkeys will be again a really tough out at a minimum, and they only have six guys with the max out there eligibility this year, so they've got a two or three year push there. Kirk Farrence who seemingly gets younger as he gets older, and you know, so I think out of that group, I like Penn State probably the most to push for the postseason, but I are the playoff. But I think the rest have some key players that can really put them in that position.
Speaker 5: Scott is link Kiffin is going to supply more in the category of normalcy in soap opera or winning this season, well you want to talk.
Speaker 7: About overrated, you know, starting the year thirteenth when he went seven and six last year and you have all these new players and a lot of players left. That's that's a testament to the storyline as it is more than the actuality. I mean, they have incredible talent, as they always do at LSU, and I think he'll win, but I don't know about right away. I mean that Week three game. I don't know that we've seen many games that will have that kind of a grudge match, you know, in a long long time with you know, with Lane going back to Old Miss, and there's gonna be a lot of you know, just like there was with him at Old Miss, but now even doubly so I think there's gonna be a lot of teams gunning for him. And I don't know if this year would be the year that they kind of break through, but you know, strange things happen in that part of the country. So I makes just to see if Sam Levitt can can be the credit quarterback that he wants and can win against Old Miss in Texas A and m early because if they can, then they might start the year eight to zer before they get into the really tough part.
Speaker 2: Of their schedule.
Speaker 5: If if you have the opportunity to change anything about college football right now, and obviously around here most ALU fans would not want to change anything about it considering the results that they have received in the past two years. But how would you approach it moving forward? What is best? Whether it comes down to the College Football Playoff or do they need additional teams or the whole scheduling criticism that's out there as well the conferences, all of this, what would you do to, in your belief, improve college football moving forward?
Speaker 7: I think if you start with I'm going to set aside everything with the bill through Congress and all the issues associated with nil and everything is that first of all, that will bore everybody listening to this, and second all, it is just so comprehensive in detailed it would be really hard to.
Speaker 10: Really go into depth on that.
Speaker 7: But I'll say for the sport itself, I'm one of maybe the very few guys in media who is absolutely a proponent of the twenty fourteen playoff. And the reason why is that as these conferences have grown and there's eighteen teams. In the Big Ten, there's sixteen, and at least sixteen and the other three major conferences. That schedules can really determine how teams perform and what their record is and whether or not they can get to the postseason. I mean, I you caught a lot of flak a couple of years ago because of a somewhat easier Big Ten schedule.
Speaker 10: Really wasn't their fault. I mean, they played both championship finalists from the year before, but neither of them. We really were good. But when you play these such strange.
Speaker 7: Schedules, and you have Ohio State, whose teams were fifty one and thirty last year and in Big Ten play just an incredible schedule versus Indiana versus say, Penn State, which is thirty three and forty eight in the Big Ten. So you know, there's such discrepancy. They could have the same record but be vastly different. So I like the thought of a twenty four team playoff because it provides those teams that maybe either lose a couple of games or just have an incredibly difficult schedule a chance to compete and I think and win in the postseason.
Speaker 10: I look at Iowa being one of those.
Speaker 7: I mean, last year went right to the wire with Indiana, right to the wire with Oregon and USC and Iowa State. I've lost four games by fifteen points. If they were going to get in the tournament, they would have been a really tough out. And when you start to look at kind of how the field shook out last year, with three weeks left in the regular season, there were thirty five Power Conference teams with three losses or less, and essentially you took the top basically ten or nine out of the first twelve for the Power Conferences and put them in the playoff because they really didn't fall and everybody else is just playing for a bowl game. Well, we're all now looking in a different way and so and then likewise you get to the final weekend, there have been ten different games that not only would have been able to determine the field, but who was in the field if they would have gone in a twenty fourteen playoff last year. So you had excitement, You add suspense, You add games that maybe would be in like Big ten Country determining, Okay, who's going to go to Tampa and who's going to go to Charlotte. Instead, now you're going, oh, these two seven to three teams are playing for the chance to go to the playoff, and people are going to go and watch and be more excited for it, and those programs have something to play for. So that's why I'm more of a proponent of it. I understand the past. I love it, I love hit the history of college football.
Speaker 10: But we've changed. I mean, it's not a based system anymore. It's a playoff based system. And I think having it in tears, eight teams get buys, eight teams get home games, eight teams get road games to start it off, I think that's a fair way to decide.
Speaker 5: It all, right, final things, Scott Brian Haynes, Mike Shanahan. That's defensive coordinator, offensive coordinator, and I you are they the two best coordinators on a team in college football? And then how much longer would you maintain they could stay in Bloomington before they end up getting sided for a head coaching job somewhere around college football. That's a great question. I think right now you have to say they're the best combination. You know, you could make different arguments over who is the best coordinator and whether or not Brian Haynes is better than say Phil Parker or somebody else Jim Knowles in the game. Then that those are fair discussions, But I think collectively they are the best.
Speaker 10: They proved it. I think the one thing everybody says.
Speaker 7: About I you they gloss over the fact that this was one of the most fundamentally sound teams on both sides of the line of scrimmage that we've ever seen. And that's one of the things you don't really see with coaches coming in like the way sig did. You see it more like what Kevin Wilson did, which was really developed the offense, but the defense wasn't there. He was able to do both parts because there was so fundamentally and developmentally sound. So as far as how long can they be there, you know, somebody is going to come in with a big offer, and it might be this year, maybe it's a year down the road, and it's going to be up to them to decide whether that's the type of you know, team that they want to you know, jump onto. Some people just want to be head coaches. Other people want to be head coaches with a chance to win because and most of the time when coaches leave, it's because they weren't successful enough and.
Speaker 10: So or should I say, you know, hiring a new coach.
Speaker 7: So I think it's going to be up to them as to hey, can if I go to this job at this school, can I build it quickly through an IL and all those funds? But I think they can be patient because now you has proven to be outstanding and you know, and they're willing to pay, which I think was really important for them, both their coaching staff and through in IL and why they're going to be successful not only last year, this year.
Speaker 10: But also beyond that.
Speaker 5: Is Scott Doctrman of the Athletic National College Football Reporter on the Andy Moore Automotive Group plotline. Scott, that was fantastic and we're going to utilize you, if you don't mind, as a valued resource over the course of this college football season. Man, that's good stuff. Thank you, Thank you for having me all. We don't mind? Are you okay with being the valued resource that we're looking for here?
Speaker 10: I can help you out you bet.
Speaker 5: I appreciate you about Thank you, Scott, Appreciate you. Scott Doctorman. That's a shout out right there to Caleb who found Scott. That is well done.
Speaker 8: Shout out to Scott because I was awful with getting him on the zoom and he was very gracious.
Speaker 5: Well, and Scott was good right, he was great.
Speaker 4: Hey.
Speaker 5: By the way, so Mike Brown has done whatever he has done, the governor of Indiana to make sure that gas price is maintained and they don't elevate even more.
Speaker 6: I should mention.
Speaker 5: And he said, hey, you and I have to go out and drink sometime. I said, hey, you had me a drink. See, I don't give a crap about politics, you know me. I'll have cocktails and beers, Caleb with anybody. Anybody don't care about politics, but I do want free gas. At some point. Actually he walked by. He was on with Hammer and Nigel, and we are right here where everybody enters after they walk right by the window. So that's why I brought all that up. But yeah, cocktails and beers. And he brought up this Nitzelbank. Obviously he's from du Bois County two, so I'm also from southern Indiana. He brought up up the Snitze Bank, and shout out to Allen and the Snittze Bank. You know, I love that, but I don't know if people in and around Jasper, if you're from Jasper, have you ever been to Snaps? Snaps is just a little bit north of the Snitze Bank. Great place to go. You can get beer stines on the wall, your own beerstyne on the wall is Snaps. Plus they have this, They have a he tuna on the menu. Buddy, what about you and ah tuna?
Speaker 1: I can't say I'm too well versed in there, but one of these days you will. I would love to try.
Speaker 5: If you hang with me long enough, you will let me tell you I love it. Ah he Tuna, buddy, ah he Tuna. Okay, Yeah, and Scott was really good.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 5: I could not tell if he was enthusiastic about being our go to guy I or one of our go to guys, or less than enthusiastic.
Speaker 8: He is better than he has been this week with some of those questions you've thrown at people like we talked about yesterday, Ben Solac not not going to go out and drink with you.
Speaker 5: So I'm looking at Solac right now. Yeah, he's there's somebody that looks like that. He would say, Yeah, I don't know about going on and drinking week nice? Does he looks like my son?
Speaker 1: He does get those jokes a lot. I'm sure. I'm sure you don't.
Speaker 5: Look like the same age. I am saying I want some free gas. Somebody asked if I'm saying, did it sound like this? I am not saying I want some freak ass free gas. Did you understand that clearly free gas and not freak ass?
Speaker 2: I did either? One?
Speaker 5: Be okay? Now, free gas is what I'm saying. Not more bad news regarding Hunter Green. Not more bad news. Oh yeah, more bad news. Put it under the category of will never ever ever be consistently healthy Hunter Green or the Reds, the right hand or the power pitcher back to the fifteen day injured list. This is never good when it's elbow soreness, right, elbow soreness, Reds fans are used to it. Quick break will come back to that and a lot more. Final thirty in your Chance to a family four pack, We're going to get you the State Fair with your fam coming up here before the end of the show. Ninety three to five and one oh seven five the fan weather updates. Go to see right now a Fox fifty nine.
Speaker 6: The Ride with JMV one run on.
Speaker 1: Let's say one hit.
Speaker 6: That's all.
Speaker 2: We got one damn hit.
Speaker 10: You can't say damn on the air.
Speaker 2: I don't worry.
Speaker 5: Nobody's listening anyway.
Speaker 6: Ninety three five and one oh seven five the Fan.
Speaker 5: Scott Doctrman was awesome of the Athletic the College Football Reporter podcast one oh seven fivethfan dot Com Bowen. Both Kevin the Father and Nellie the Daughter made the show a little bit earlier. Fan Morning Show Tomorrow morning seven until ten am. He and Gabe Cups Boyd will be a part of that show tomorrow morning per usual. Gabe Cups is because James Boyd did a dance routine and sent that out to social media. I guess he did that last night, right, Caleb with us when we concluded play after four stinking games to pick up basketball in an hour and a half. No bad, that is last night at the West Gym at Center Grove.
Speaker 1: So bad, so bad. But yeah, no, James, he's got some moves you're not going to get me to.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 5: He looks like he had zero rhythm in that. Seriously, there was there was no rhythm.
Speaker 1: I would like to see you do it.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, well, if I don't want, people will make fun of me. But I have more rhythm than that. Seriously, I do. Well, I'm a member of Generation X, and you know obviously when I turned twenty one and went to the dance clubs in the nineties, I have a lot more rhythm than that.
Speaker 6: That was just like this.
Speaker 5: That was like old guy hand gestures. That wasn't anything. They were getting down with arms exactly. Yeah, that's a guy.
Speaker 6: We got a rhythm.
Speaker 1: But hey, I would like to see you like we have a we have a TikTok page for the fan. Let's go touch.
Speaker 8: Let's get you up there and instead of you talking about IU football on there, let's get you.
Speaker 5: Doing a TikTok dance. TikTok dance right there.
Speaker 2: Hey.
Speaker 5: By the way, I brought this up a little bit earlier. So Elwood High School they did not have enough football players to field the team this year or struggling, and I believe going back to August third, at the time, they needed twelve players to show up for the first day of high school football practice. Evidently, according to my good friend Litzi right now, who is up there in the area, said that Elwood is now up to twenty one. So the belief is that they're going to be able to field a high school football team. Now, if anybody in Elwood can verify this, let me know. But we wanted to make sure that Elwood is going to be able to field a football team. Becky at the McClure gas station where I got lost once upon a time it ended up, says evidently to tell me hello. Now, one night, Mike Wells and I we go to Harris Hoosier Park and Anderson to see Belle Bivdevo actually as Bobby Brown and bell Bivdevoux. Great show. And I leave and I get all turned around and instead of going south toward where I live in Bargersville, I ended up in Elwood. But that's ol outstanding, So hopefully that is the case. That's the Lizzy update. According to Lizzie and others Elwood, they have enough to field a team. Well done. Sean writes this, done and done shot glass with boobs a gift from Jason Hatfield. That is an awesome shot glass right there. Yeah, I just got a shot glass with cleavage. Well done. Jay Al writes this, Jamie, earlier, you mentioned there are no good nicknames. I believe Indiana Bones is an epic nickname. Why is that? Because that's for James. He's got a picture of James with a bucket hat and talking on the microphone. I don't get that epic nickname.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 5: I don't know why that would be.
Speaker 1: Did I miss this? Maybe from the oh the interview this morning?
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 1: Maybe I missed this.
Speaker 5: I don't get it. Somebody needs to further explain.
Speaker 1: All right, it is something to do with James.
Speaker 5: I don't Yeah, don't. I don't get that.
Speaker 9: What that is?
Speaker 5: Somebody who had to further explain?
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 5: This is from the athletic director at Elwood. Thank you to everyone who shared our posts, prayed for us, reached out and talked with kids about joining our football program. The support from our community, neighboring towns and people all across Indiana has meant more than words can express. You know how cool this is. Because of all of you, we are now up to twenty one football players. We have enough to officially start the season and we couldn't be more grateful. We're still looking for a few more to join the team. Another five or six players would help us fill out the roster. And complete a full season schedule. Well that's awesome. That is an awesome sense of community, right there. Ah, Derek White says, Indiana bones means he's skinny as hell. I think my man changes like shirts twice. I think when we play show.
Speaker 8: Honestly, he did kind of put me onto that because it does get sweaty.
Speaker 5: Now you haven't want to be sweet, Well, I know you do.
Speaker 8: You you have an awesome reversible jersey. There is an old school Yeah, that blue that's like early two thousands, Like it is awesome.
Speaker 7: It is.
Speaker 1: I've never told you that, but I love.
Speaker 5: That because these guys on Tuesday night can't tell each other apart, so we've got to go different color jersey.
Speaker 8: You're it's really cool, Like it's like a It's like something you'd find that East Bay magazine years ago.
Speaker 1: It's cool and.
Speaker 5: And I love it too. I don't mind wearing it. But am I wrong when I say, you know what, there's only really ten of our dumbasses out here? I mean, is it that It's not like we've got twenty five dudes out here? All right? There's only ten. So if you can't tell who's on your team, maybe you should go sit in the stand somewhere like you.
Speaker 1: Did last night for that game for thirty five in.
Speaker 5: Five minute pickup game. Come on, guys, that's why I'm playing. I mean again, I'm glad I'm playing tonight at Greenwood Christian. Thank you Gerard for asking me. And our guy over there has got previously scheduled plans evidently and will not be making making the appearance. But yeah, I've got to go back and play tonight because the half assery of last night gonna make up for it. I've got to work at a caloric deficit. If you're gonna ask me, so, how do you maintain or continue to lose weight or stay into shape when you drink as much as you do? Caloric deficit, I'm like nickelback. When I drink, I don't eat.
Speaker 1: That's a that's a lot of nerdery to me.
Speaker 5: It is very nerdy. Caloric intakes sounds like it's it's not nerdery. If douche, I'm a douchebag. I'm not a nerd, but I'm a douche. There's no doubt I am. Like if there would be a if I were royalty in the term of douches, I am Douche Royalty. King Douche is me. I'm not proud of it, but I can't help it. JMV. Snaps and Jasper is awesome, great food, cold beer, been there many times. That is gator by the way, Gator at Snaps and Jasper. They have Gator bytes, which is gator meat that's fried up. You ever had gator meat over there?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 5: Gator meat is good. I he tuna and gator meat. Gator meat fried up at Snaps and Jasper. Thank you, Greg thought Scott was a really good college football interview. We're going to keep him of the rotation. JV. Good stuff from Scott of the Big Ten and IU. Shout out to the guy sitting in the little chair for setting it up. That's you right there. Well done, Caleb. All right, we'll take a break and come back. Shout out to everybody on the show today, from Kevin Bowen to Nelly Bowen. Marlon Jackson, who authored the biggest play in the history of the Indianapolis Colts, has a Colts Trivia event for his foundation coming up a week from tomorrow at the Skyline Club downtown Indy, which is going to be awesome. That coincides with that first Colts preseason game. Marlon will join us again next Wednesday to remind you of that. But Marlon Jackson on a little bit earlier, and Scott Doctorman of the Athletic the National College Football Reporter was outstanding to a little bit earlier. Podcast one O seven five Fan dot Com Mike Chapel is going to join us coming up on tomorrow's show. And one of my favorites of all time and simply put, as musicians or stars go, one of the nicest dudes to ever walk Howard Jones musician Howard Jones going to join us coming up on the show tomorrow. That is extra special for me. He is one of my all time favorites. Howard Jones Chewing's just coming up tomorrow, quick Break, We'll come back, Do Not Go Anywhere. Family four pack is State Fair Passes and more coming at you. This is ninety three to five and one oh seven five the Fan, Hey, Big Red Liquors, Powers of the Jammie Takeover Saturday Night B one O five point seven six until midnight, the All Request Saturday Night and Hey, if Powers, what you're doing coming up this weekend? If you're going to have a party. Now is the time to make sure you are stocked up and ready to go. If there's one thing that I have taught you over everything else our time together, is when you host a party. Never ever ever be b y b guy. Never you're the host, provide and even if it's Jaegermeister, which I don't like, provide the Jaeger never byob and know that you're going to get the great deals going on at the one hundred plus locations of the state of Indiana, a Big Red Liquor on beers. We're talking bud Light, Miller, like Core's, like Medello Corona, all of the incredible brands you're going to find at Big Red Liquors for great prices and great deals going on right now and leading into the weekend. No, just say no to byob host. Make sure you provide and you have the best party possible. And that starts with a trip to Big Red Liquors. So one hundred plus location instead of Indiana one near you, the red hot deals and more. You can find more discounts online right now plus the location nearest you. That's Big Red Liquors dot Com.