Speaker 1: The Frames per Second Podcast.
Speaker 2: All, welcome to a new episode of The Frames per Second Podcast. My name is Kenneth. Been joining me on the show is Mike and Rod what Spike is absent today, so it's just us and we are here to discuss Send Help, which is a new movie by Sam Raimie Romie Ramy Sam Raymie, I don't know he did this one until after the fact, so he's kind of pretty good at this sort of thing when it comes to his approaches to thrillers and horrors. He did a Doctor Strange, right, yep, Doctor Strange, Evil Dead mm hmmm. He's got a very particular style.
Speaker 1: Spider Man Dragged Me to Hell.
Speaker 3: Yeah, drag me to Hell.
Speaker 1: Did you notice the style of this one?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, especially there's one point where it was like, oh, that's so Raymy and and it didn't even need to be here.
Speaker 1: But we'll get to I think I may know what you talked about.
Speaker 2: But it was written by Damian Shanny Shannon and Mark Swift and it stars Rachel McAdams, Dylan O'Brien and some other folks, but the primary cast consist of Rachel and Dylan, who gets stuck on the island together. I think you guys mentioned this was like a castaway or something like this. Then somebody I didn't refer to it as castaways, like yeah, yeah, because I didn't know much of about it until they crashed landed, so I kind of went in, uh, you know, a little blonde here and just waiting to kind of see what they give me. But it is described as a black comedy, psychological survival, horror thriller.
Speaker 1: That's a lot. That's what was getting me.
Speaker 5: I didn't know it was like a horror thriller, or it was supposed to be like a horror thriller type of thing. But now that I know realize who the person is because he did the Army of what is it called armory dark Darkness, Yeah, and I know how that was. So it's kind of that same humor, I guess, if you say so.
Speaker 4: I didn't know that it was going to be humorous. I thought it was going to be more straightforward, you know, thriller horror. The comedy threw me off. I mean, I didn't mind it, I just didn't wantn't expecting expect it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was weird. It was an interesting way to do it.
Speaker 2: I think yeah, it was because you know when I was when I went, when I got my ticket, and then I was sitting down and I was watching like the first you know, beginning of the movie was setting up, and I was like, oh this is this is a different tone. And then I was like am I I knew I was in the right more, but I'm like, what is this thing? And then I saw the poster with the red in the back end with I was like, well, we are gonna go with this, right, you know how they gonna get there?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: So anyway, but yeah, so far though, it has a budget of forty meal and right now it's.
Speaker 1: At twenty eight point one, so damn.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that's considered a flop.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 2: It is twelve under budget, which is interesting because I've seen people talking fairly positively about it.
Speaker 1: But before I went in there. But people seem to enjoyed it.
Speaker 5: But maybe it's not getting the right marketing and promotion because I don't see it promoted like the personally. I hadn't seen it like that, but in my theater was kind of empty.
Speaker 2: Though, well my okay, So the show and I went to which was four forty five, I had seats but the seven fifteen was like, Pat, I went to four?
Speaker 1: Which day did you go? Thursday? I almost went Thursday, but I end up going Friday.
Speaker 3: Thursday got people, not a lot of people.
Speaker 2: Actually, yeah, the late night show have folks in it, but the Thursday, you know, had a good number of people.
Speaker 5: Thriller probably later will probably be more people. What time did you go, y'all go tomorrow one?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's where I would What time did you go for four forty five Thursday?
Speaker 3: Yeah? So you were in that one?
Speaker 1: No way you were in there, God.
Speaker 3: Swear to God, because I left work early that one.
Speaker 1: How did you miss each other? That's because it was it was one of.
Speaker 3: The bigger thing.
Speaker 2: Ye, it was in twelve yob you watched it Adobe, I don't know, No, it was it was in.
Speaker 3: Twelve chairs were shaking and ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah that was AOBE. I think that was dope.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't like that.
Speaker 4: That was it closer to the concessions then, yeah, and I'm pretty sure it was. It was in the concessions room, but it was on the left side if I remember that's Adobe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, on the right of it. Yeah, yeah, I don't like it. Other side.
Speaker 3: I did not like that I did not like that.
Speaker 1: There before I did because I walked in late.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I must because I walked in pretty much right when the trailers were ending.
Speaker 1: Oh we Dann walked in like, yeah, we Jaz missed each other.
Speaker 3: Then, that's funny.
Speaker 4: I go to that one because you know, it has like those nice comfortable seats and shit.
Speaker 3: Usually I go to Camp Creek. But anyway, no one wants to hear about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, anyway, how did you like it?
Speaker 1: I liked it.
Speaker 4: I liked it up until the very, very very end. I didn't really love the ending, but the rest of it I was having a blast. I don't typically laugh out loud with movies, but this one, there were quite a few times where I was actually laughing and I was interested in the characters, so no, I've thought this was good. And I didn't even hate the ending. It was just I was like, I could have used a little more, but that's it.
Speaker 2: That's funny you because I was laughing now that I know you in the same theater, which is crazy. That was a moment where I laughed out loud to but everybody was kind of laughing together at the same scene.
Speaker 3: It's like everybody was having a good time.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, what about you rock?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Sam Man, I enjoyed this. It was it was fun. It was a surprise. I didn't know whether I was going to like this or not.
Speaker 1: I was just like, okay, I'll go see it.
Speaker 3: But nah, man, it was.
Speaker 1: It was good.
Speaker 5: It was good character development, good, good little story. I like the like just the overall like okay, damn, whose side are you on at this point? Like I like I like what they did with that with the storytelling. So yeah, it was cool. Like I was like, damn, this is this is really really good.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: When it was over, I was like, damn, I fuck that right, Yeah exactly, it's like that.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 2: I was definitely, as I mentioned earlier, a little like concerned. In the beginning, the tone threw me off. Know, we're first introduced.
Speaker 1: To Linda Little Yeah, and you know, she's this corporate strategist. The guy comes over and it was extreme. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: She was kind of hosey and goofy and silly and stuff like that, looking to get a promotion. And you know, she had did this thing and she was supposed to go in the meeting and the guy was like, nah, you know, I got it. Your name is going to be right here on the post it note.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, girl, he gonna see ship.
Speaker 3: We all did that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but and that's the exactly way happened. She knew it too, Ship. I don't think she did. That's why she That's why she went to go see if he did it. Remember I thought she I thought she was just being nosy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought, and then she got sad that happened.
Speaker 1: So here's the thing about her.
Speaker 5: I think she came off like just kind of naive and whatever, just mounsey. But I think she was fully aware. Not fully but I think she was aware of of like, yeah, you're not about to give me credit for this ship, which is why she wanted to double. That's how I took it.
Speaker 2: You know, you think she was playing a game this whole time. That's wasn't what she was like in the corporate setting. I don't what you mean playing a game as being like she was part of her persona to be No, I don't think it was part of her persona.
Speaker 5: I just think people underestimate her because of her appearance in the way she like comes off like just very passive, like you can't underestimate people like that that come off past. We got a couple people like that at a job, like you you think they like that, but you really talked to them. They know exactly what's going on. You don't think she was weird?
Speaker 1: Weird in what sense?
Speaker 3: Like, oh, yeah, I disagree.
Speaker 1: You thought she was weird?
Speaker 3: Yes, I don't think she intentionally ate a tuna sandwich.
Speaker 4: It had tune all over her face. I don't think she intentionally was going over there and being like, yeah, I would love to go do karaoke, but she knew that they didn't really want to be around her.
Speaker 1: She was a fucking dork. Well that's why I say weird, and in what sense? Like, I don't know, she didn't really weird. Yeah she was. Everybody looked at her like she was. She was weird.
Speaker 5: It was just it was just upper management really everybody else they didn't know wait wait, like the girl, like the girl.
Speaker 3: That was behind her and stuff that was not fuck with her. When she came over and was like, oh, y'all going out? I do this song during Carroll because.
Speaker 4: She was like will you go away? No, I knew she was a loaner. Yeah, not involuntary loaner. Well sort of nobody liked her.
Speaker 1: Yeah they didn't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, okay, all right, Yeah I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just didn't.
Speaker 5: I just even with that said, I didn't, I still didn't think she was naive enough to not realize that he was going to take the credit for that ship.
Speaker 1: Sure, that's all. That's really all I'm really saying. Yeah, I guess I can see that. I guess I can see that because once she complained, she was complaining to the bird. Yeah, bird, I'll be like man to the bird and ship like that. But yeah, she was. She was definitely uh.
Speaker 2: An oddball that that much was certain bad for it though. Yeah, you know, so, I think they did a good job of, like early on, like establishing like her position and role and even us we're watching her and we're, you know, maybe even we're like misjudging her or not having this sort of confidence in her that she can get certain done, certain things done, Like we recognize that she's great at being a numbers person, the corporate strategist, and we realized as the movie played out how all of that sort of worked her advantage.
Speaker 1: But early on it was like damn.
Speaker 2: Girl, you you this ain't working out for you, but so yeah, but and they spent it felt like it felt like a long time in that setting.
Speaker 1: So I was like, where are we going with this?
Speaker 2: But anyway, so, come to find out, Bradley Preston, which is the son of the boss who died, ended up getting the job. And she had met Bradley Preston at a party and she was role playing that and he didn't even remember. Are you guys familiar with Dylan O'Brien as an actor? Did you ever watch them? Have you ever seen any of the Maze run on movies?
Speaker 1: Oh? That's him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't even realize that. I think he was in Was he in te No? He wasn't in Was he in Ting Wolf?
Speaker 1: The series?
Speaker 2: You didn't I thought you watching tem was the series? No?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: Okay, I feel like I've seen his face, but I don't know him as an actor. But he played his role very well, you know, And that whole interaction between him and her was really well done because the whole time I felt so uncomfortable for her. But those super tight shots that's raymy, Like, like when you see the fucking the mayonnaise on her face and he's hyper focusing on it. I was like, oh god, oh this is so embarrassing. I feel so bad for you right now. It was it was he tried to make the Elvis joke and he didn't get it, and I was like, oh my god, this is making my stomach hurt.
Speaker 2: How'd you feel about Dylan, not Dylan, but Bradley Preston Rod in terms of like a character early on, like your introduction to him, Like it makes sense to see how he would sort of look at Linda little because everybody looked at her that way. But then we also see how he interacted with his I can't remember his role, but the president from twenty four, the black guy. Yeah, and he kind of made him sniff the egg salary on it on his I ain't like.
Speaker 5: That either, but he was like, yeah, he's like, I ain't doing that. At first, he was just like I ain't doing that. He was like, you serious, I ain't about to sniff your hand.
Speaker 1: But he had to. But yeah, he ended up having to do it or whatever.
Speaker 2: You think they did a good job of kind of establishing like him just being an absolute like dick.
Speaker 5: Yeah, absolutely, yeah, yea yeah yeah yeah, yeah. Definitely made him seem like the typical like kid that took over his dad's company, don't really know ship, hiring his frat brother and all that type of ship promoting him.
Speaker 1: That's all typical shit. We've seen this ship.
Speaker 4: First, I was like, you really just hird this motherfucker, like you just letting him skip all these people.
Speaker 3: You hired two of your homeboys, that was and you knew people knew. And he's like, yeah, so yep, he was yep, yep.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, because there was two versions of this guy. There was the one that was pretending to be off for the people walking around, and then there's the one that's behind closed doors. And we saw that when how he treated the black guy, which I thought it was kind of good to show him kind of acknowledged Lind a little, but.
Speaker 1: He disgusted with her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, but he still want to kind of you know, like the open door policy you know they had, even though it was some bullshit.
Speaker 3: Yea, every boss says that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he clearly was annoyed because he was trying to hit on that girl above and beyond sort of thing which came back later.
Speaker 1: Were all surprised he had a black.
Speaker 4: Girl A little bit, and I was surprised she was that fine.
Speaker 1: God.
Speaker 2: I was like, dash, you you respect.
Speaker 3: I was like Jesus Christ.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that one called me. Oh god, yeah, Jury, I think jury.
Speaker 2: I was like damn, oh wait a minute, okay, Chocolate, I go ahead, uh rat.
Speaker 3: But you know she was like that exotic black though.
Speaker 2: She was was like, yeah kind of black could play a bit into like him. Yeah yeah, yeah, because he was clearly hidden on the White Girl. But here he has this other thing that he proclaimed to love so much, you know. So yeah, but right. He was also in this movie Twinless. Remember we were on somebody recommended that watched it. Yeah, yeah, so he's in that. He's in that, But yeah, he wasn't Team Wolf.
Speaker 1: I thought I could have swear. I thought you'd seen that was good. Did you watch it? I haven't watched it yet.
Speaker 2: It's good, it's goody, it's good.
Speaker 1: But yourself, That's all I say.
Speaker 2: But but yeah, so I've seen him in other movies, but I haven't seen this version of him. The way he was acting it was. It was definitely different. But he was really eerily close. And I gotta watch Twinless to being sort of type cast because he was in a bunch of these kid movies you know, growing up, but that's how he got his start from teen Wood from twenty eleven to twenty seventeen, and then he was in the Maze Runners all the trilogy for that, Yeah, and a couple of other shit.
Speaker 5: And he definitely plays a different character in Twinless, so he's not typecast.
Speaker 2: But it's good to see him breaking out. I think they you know, this generation needs somebody. But yeah, so anyway, so the promotion is given to his buddy, as you mentioned earlier, Rod Donovan. She watches into the office demands a meeting. She gets it, and he didn't want to give her this opportunity, but he's like, all right, you can just come with us on this trip Bangkok, right, Yeah, it was the Bangkok yep.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: So you guys think he really thought she was going to show up, because why did he seem surprised.
Speaker 4: I think he was just annoyed with her. I think he thought she was going to show up, but then she just showed up acting all yeah, So he was just like, you're only here to do this work. You're not here as one of the guys exactly.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: Yep, yep, yeah, mm hmm, okay, yeah, yeah, he was like, oh god, and he just like and he completely ignored her. But yeah, so on the plane, they pull up this video of her being a participant on Survivor and they just completely just clowned her. She's in the working hard, trying to do stuff and she deleted it.
Speaker 3: Man, they did her like Trump did NICKI minaj man.
Speaker 4: Her doing all that work and then they clowned her right to her face.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was a little unbelievable. That was probably one of the most Like that's I was going to ask.
Speaker 1: In her face.
Speaker 3: I wasn't surprised. I was.
Speaker 5: I could see them trying to hide it. Yeah, that's what I'm saying, but to do it like right in her face and.
Speaker 3: Look back up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he turned around and kind of looked at and just laughed. Yeah, that was a little unbelievable for me.
Speaker 4: Not for me, because it almost didn't seem like they were being mean enough for it to be unbelievable. It almost seemed like they were almost expecting her to kind of like laugh too, you know. But I could I could absolutely see a bunch of corporate white people doing some ship like that. The only woman on the plane.
Speaker 1: And they did have this sort of like you guys makes your earliest.
Speaker 3: Fra Yes, yeah, that's why it seemed believable.
Speaker 1: With the light skinned black guy there and ship like that.
Speaker 3: I don't remember him. Yeah, yeah, he was a light skinned black guy there.
Speaker 2: Yeah he was something a mixed race whatever, but it was definitely a person of some color, if not all.
Speaker 1: Huh he was there, Yeah, he was there. Yeah, yep.
Speaker 2: So again at this point, I'm like, okay, so I thought they were going to go to Bangkok and she was going to prove herself and it was going to be this whole sort of story.
Speaker 1: Imagine my surprise.
Speaker 5: Even though I knew that it was supposed to be like that because I did see like a preview some movie I went to and I saw the preview for this, it still surprised me the way they executed this, like yeah, this this was this is good as hell, Like this was like the you like the experience in this, like.
Speaker 3: That's my biggest fear. And no, I didn't like this.
Speaker 4: I don't like flying, and what happened is what I think about every time I'm on a plane.
Speaker 3: So no, I did not like this.
Speaker 1: Did you like that Donovan got his In the end.
Speaker 4: I was laughing my ass off because when I was like turning away and I looked back, turn away for for a minute or two because I was like, I can't take this is too much, and my chair was shaking.
Speaker 3: I don't like this. It was a lot, Yeah it was. My chair was shaking. Was it is fucking stupid and annoying. I be able to turn this off.
Speaker 4: But when his tie got hooked and he was outside the plane and he was mass the window.
Speaker 5: And still talking, yes, like to know that you're about to die like this, that's like, oh.
Speaker 1: Man, but you're asking for help after you tried to strangle.
Speaker 3: Her because he wanted to, he said, give me your seat.
Speaker 1: Yes, what the like, bro, Yeah, the plane is going down.
Speaker 2: They told every last one of you to put your damn seat belt on, and and why they ass listened to Brad.
Speaker 1: It was like, oh yeah, what the next thing? You know? That mother fucker hit.
Speaker 4: The likes like, oh some long elaborate plane crash scene.
Speaker 3: I don't want to it was great.
Speaker 1: Oh it was great. Yeah, man, it was so good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm glad they didn't spend I mean, I like because most of the time when you see guys like being assholes, you know, they get just snatched out of the plane and then that's it. I like that he suffered all the way to the end, and that the person he tried to force out of their seat, you know, one give up up the seat and then now you're on the outside of your had banged up against the.
Speaker 3: Cold. She pulled the shade down, mom sh.
Speaker 2: And thinking about like where we ended up in this movie, now that we're talking about it, like you can almost look at those as signs of like this dark side of her that we didn't know really insisted at the time, because we only saw this one version of her. I think that was just survival though. Closing the plane, closing the shade, well, I think.
Speaker 5: That she just didn't want to see it, like she still was terrified of being on the plane.
Speaker 1: I think she just didn't want to be experienced that well. I don't know, man, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think seeing this the this the version of her that we ended up seeing and hearing the story that we heard, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think her.
Speaker 2: I think we saw a lack of empathy there. You know, this motherfucker tried to kill you know, yeah, but you know it made sense for us. But again, at this time, I think we didn't know that it was this whole other thing.
Speaker 1: So just kind of, you know.
Speaker 5: In this particular moment, I just think all that logic, all that shit just goes out the window. You're just just trying to Everybody in there were just trying to trying to save their own lives. Basically for the most part, is how I just took that situation. It's just a survival instinct or whatever. It's like, give me your seat, I don't give a shit. I'm trying to keep my life, like I don't give a shit about yours. Same way to dude was grabbing on his leg, Like I think everybody just trying to survive. They're not thinking about you being saved or whatever. They're just trying to be saved themselves.
Speaker 1: Didn't he bite him? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, who I'm saying. I think everything was just survival. Yeah.
Speaker 6: You would love to have more content from Frames per Second. Become a patron where you can contribute to what we review and discuss. Our Patreon gives the listeners the power to nominate and vote a monthly discussion and film review while also nominating and voting on weekly solo reviews from each cast. Remember, you also get the opportunity to vote on the publicly released anniversary film, all exclusive to our Patreon. So become a patron at patreon dot com frames per second where there are two tiers you can choose from. That's patreon dot com forward slash frames per second.
Speaker 2: Anyway, So, yeah, the plane crashes, she swims washed up the shore and she looks over and there's Bradley.
Speaker 1: So they're the only two.
Speaker 2: His leg is messed up, and the survivor thing that they were showing us came into play. So then I remember the castaway thing. I was like, okay, so we're gonna be in this island with these two, and this is how now I'm writing a movie in my head, Rod and Mike. I'm like, Okay, well, she's gonna have a survive, she's gonna get back, she's gonna get the promotion. So that's that's the movie that I'm thinking I'm gonna watch, Like, Okay, well shit cool. Yeah it didn't go that way. But what you guys think of her? Her skills When she got on the albul she seemed pretty resourceful.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was to be expected because they they set that up from the beginning. If you look at it, like in her apartment, you see all the books. It's like survival tactic books. She loved Survivor series show, so she had been watching this ship. It's not like how y'all say, y'all the Survivor a zombie apocalypt Did y'all watch all the Zombie of Populast ship? That's how I felt like with her because she's been watching and doing the ship. I think she even tried to be on the show at one time. She tried to be a contestant on the show. So yeah, yeah, so what we just talked about?
Speaker 1: That?
Speaker 4: What what we literally just talked about that?
Speaker 1: Which part you about to contested on the show?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: He said, you think she was going to be a contestant. They were watching her. Oh yeah, yeah, that's that's that's right, That's right. That what that's that is what the video was about. I forgot that's what the video was about. I know y'all mentioned the video, but I don't think y'all mentioned.
Speaker 1: What was the video?
Speaker 3: You were there though we didn't have to, you saw the movie.
Speaker 5: I just didn't think on the video. I was trying to get to how everything that happened on the plane. Shut up, you weren't even watching. I thought it was smart that they like fatten her up a little bit. I don't know if y'all even noticed that. No, up, Oh, if you like I know Rachel mcallim from other movies. She's scrawny pretty much.
Speaker 4: But if you like when she first came out at the beginning of the I was like, oh, she's not that I can like. No, no, you could. You could tell. They like they padded her clothes to make her look bigger. So then later on she gets and they fucking they put like weird stuff on her face to make her just look homely and kind of yeah, you know, but I thought that was all really smart.
Speaker 1: Hmm, yeah, I don't notice that. Damn she had that beach glow afterwards.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm saying, because she's normally you know, she's not unattractable. No, she's a pretty woman. But I was like, oh, yeah, a leader up real, Well, okay, let's see where this is going.
Speaker 2: Oh I didn't ask, I know I mentioned Dylan. How'd you guys think she she didn't.
Speaker 3: She killed it. She fucking killed it.
Speaker 1: She was really good.
Speaker 4: I like her as as an actress. I don't know that I go to movies for her, but I like her.
Speaker 1: She was really good. Yeah, she's not like a draw, right, but when I see her, like, oh, yeah.
Speaker 2: She was a couple of like she was like different persons in this movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: It was interesting seeing her go from Lynda Little to what she eventually became. Were you surprised, Mike that Bradley uh accepted her help in the beginning but Dan immediately kind of went back in.
Speaker 1: The Boss Bob.
Speaker 4: Nope, I wasn't surprised at all. That's his personality. He thinks he's better than everybody else. Even when someone is clearly better than him at something, he's still like, well, no, I'm still.
Speaker 3: Better than you.
Speaker 1: She saved your life.
Speaker 3: He didn't care.
Speaker 4: He thinks that he's owed that. That's how people like him think. They're not They're not thankful for anything because they think they're owed everything.
Speaker 1: That's yeah, I liked a response. She left that motherfucker.
Speaker 3: In the rain and all that. You want to talk ship go ahead?
Speaker 1: Yeah, two days he couldn't move.
Speaker 2: He was disposed to the sun, nothing to drink and uh, and yeah, she she created this dependency on him, but also established that, bro, you have no power here.
Speaker 1: Yeah she said it. Yeah, you know, so.
Speaker 3: I didn't know you he't just say what the fun you thought? You just said, John, that's Joe.
Speaker 2: She did a great job and did say anything after that, what you say to me? And then she packed up and just left.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think at this point they were there for two weeks, right, well, I don't think it lasted too.
Speaker 1: I don't think she was going for to day. She was going for two days.
Speaker 2: But I think I'm trying to remember when she said, we've been here for two weeks and nobody came to help us.
Speaker 3: A little bit later, it was gone for like well over a month at that at some point.
Speaker 1: In the Yeah, yeah, I was just in that moment.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, yeah, because it because it was like, you can't survive without Wader for how long?
Speaker 1: It's like three days? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yeah, so yeah so, which is of course while she came back into.
Speaker 1: But yeah, but you know, he.
Speaker 2: Kind of started saying the things that she wanted to hear and uh, but it was clear he was doing this to learn how to build stuff on her own, on his own, so he wouldn't rely on her as well. But before I get to that, I'm trying to remember, is this when she went and killed the boar?
Speaker 1: I think so it was right around this son.
Speaker 3: Was he still they had made up at that point?
Speaker 1: They made up at this one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they had made up because he she let him have some of the board meeting.
Speaker 1: You know, that's right.
Speaker 3: They're both like, it's the best meat I ever had.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because she was like, yeah, I brought the bacon home and they literally and it made the joke or whatever. Okay, so yeah, what do you guys think about her killing the boar?
Speaker 1: Man? So crazy?
Speaker 4: They made this boy seeing fucking vicious like this.
Speaker 3: Though, Yeah, man, I ain't, but I loved it though.
Speaker 1: I loved it though.
Speaker 3: You remember the Game of Thrones, remember the king got he died because he was fucking stabbed by a boar man.
Speaker 1: I forgot in the first season.
Speaker 5: Me, no, no, no, they are, but yeah, it just this this one looked relentless.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I was thinking, because I get you, because I was like, oh man, you're making this thing like it's just crazy. But I also remem remember that bores are but he did put a little.
Speaker 1: Extra sauce.
Speaker 4: Stabbing in the eye and all that. I was like, oh, this is definitely this is some Sam Raimi ship. But it was funny and then like it was just going through him and he was just like spitting the blood on it.
Speaker 3: God.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know if I would have eat some ship like that though, that that could be that fucking really Like, I get what you're saying, you know, not for sure, but I just feel like it would be like like like some sort of like not good meat, like a tainted meat. I don't know, yeah, like like something that has like it's like something that has rabies or something. No, they're just mean, yeah, Like and if you again, if you ever go to like a regular farm and sunk with a chicken, you'll probably never eat chicken again. Then chickens are not nice, especially the male I guess the masters.
Speaker 3: I don't know, the male chickens are mean as fuck.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah. I thought they'd just be running running away and.
Speaker 3: Ship a chicken.
Speaker 4: You've never seen this be as of chickens chasing people and attacking them. Chickens will fuck you up. I've been, I've been on a farm.
Speaker 1: Though.
Speaker 3: It must have just read you had good energy.
Speaker 4: A chicken will suck up, a chicken will fuck up, especially a kid fucking with them.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Anyway, but nah, yeah, I liked how she you know, jumped off the thing and whatever and in all the blood and she I was like, Yo, they are really going in on this ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: You can almost look at that as like the beginning of her you know, dark side. She's painting in blood and then eventually, you know, she became this thing later on down down the line. But but yeah, Brad Bradley was definitely agreeing to basically be the servant and let her boss him around at this point.
Speaker 1: Uh, and she notices a boat selling. That was crazy. Yeah, yeah, did you guys know the did you guys?
Speaker 2: Okay, so when it happened, why did you guys think she ignored it?
Speaker 1: Well? Can she said?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: I know, she said, not yet. But what did you guys think that meant at the time?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I just thought it meant. I mean, she was enjoying this life she's created and just being in a position of power. So I think she wanted to feel that a little bit more like she was just like, not yet, I'm liking this position of power. Obviously they set up in the beginning where so like she had no power. Now she's in a position of it and she wants to keep it. And I thought that was really good writing. I'm like, damn, this motherfucker stringing on the island and would rather, you know, get some sense of power to afford goal being saved on this island, because I mean, she made like she ain't having no issues, she's surviving, and she's actually a good She's having a good time surviving.
Speaker 1: Bradley was the one that was suffering. She was straight, what about you, Mike.
Speaker 4: I knew exactly what she was doing when she said not yet. I knew that she was just enjoying the power that she had.
Speaker 2: M I was thinking that whatever it is she was trying to get, I was attacked. I was attaching it back to the promotion that, you know, because I think he's Linda from accounting and she was like, no corporate strategist, right, And I think at the time at this time, I was like, oh, she hasn't she doesn't feel like she's convinced him that she's the right pick. For the job, even though I thought it was still attached to that. So I was like, I didn't. I was completely surprised and pleased with the direction that we went, because you know, that's kind of typical movie, right, Remember what the movie I thought I was watching. So I was like, oh, okay, so she's gonna stretch this out a little longer to convince to show him that she's really good at what she does.
Speaker 5: I think the thing, the thing that debunked that for me is just like he was just like, oh yeah, you're so fucking fire.
Speaker 3: She was just like give the job. Like, what the you talk about right now?
Speaker 1: We don't even know that.
Speaker 4: I was about to say, I think she gave up on the job. Well before that, she's like oh yeah, She's like I don't care about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, got it, got it, Okay.
Speaker 1: She was done trying to convince him for a position. Yeah okay, all right. Well anyway, so yeah, moving on.
Speaker 2: So we just because I'm trying to remember at what point where it may have been this point where I was like, damn, we got a whole hour left. And you know, she's now at this point, she is the top dog. She's confident and everything she's teaching Brad how to survive and sharing a lot of like tips and tricks and stuff.
Speaker 1: She's coming back really.
Speaker 2: Good ass food and ship like that ship man was veggiees and ship she han't bro And that was one time when she was she was walking back bye with the uh. This going back to when she left him. She had the food, the fish on the thing, and she had a sushi is what he called it, and he was litting in the back.
Speaker 1: Oh ship.
Speaker 2: We got got to mention this when she used his words against him when he came back and he was basically in the position of weakness, and she was like, would you go above and beyond?
Speaker 1: And he got up and he thought that meant something else.
Speaker 3: I did too.
Speaker 4: I was like, she really gonna make him take his clothes off and give him Yeah, I thought that. I thought, yeah, he was about to. He was about to take his clothes off.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh my god, lady really was.
Speaker 1: But and at this point she started looking good too. She had had a belly out all that ship. She was she was a whole different chick.
Speaker 5: But but I think this is the when they were just mad at each other. At this point, this wasn't the first time. This was like the second time, because he's like, I build my own fucking tenth that's what he was trying to build.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that was so good. Oh my god. So yeah, he was just trying to like she was just teasing him at this point.
Speaker 2: So the position of power was the second time they got mad at each other.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, I can't remember when I got madaged can't either. I think he was saying, like, yo, you should be asking for help. That's what it was. He was just like, man, you're getting real comfortable in this ship. You should be asking for help. Like that's when he built the helple.
Speaker 1: Wait what he built? Help? She said help when she walked back, said help.
Speaker 3: He didn't notice.
Speaker 1: I didn't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she said it help wrong. He spelled h E P L.
Speaker 1: He said it was.
Speaker 3: It was subtle, but it was so fucking well beloved.
Speaker 1: It was damn Yeah.
Speaker 2: But she gave him a tour of the island, which I thought was pretty cool and sort of dangerous because his leg was starting to heal. And I'm like, you're really putting a lot of faith in him by showing him this stuff, and showed him the ex and said, yeah, you don't ever want to go over there. It's poisonous vines and shit over there as dangerous.
Speaker 4: I knew what something to that, though. Let see I didn't she got it either. Oh yeah, I was like evil or anything.
Speaker 3: At this point.
Speaker 4: I thought she was just being straight up like, yeah, there's fucked up shit over they don't go over there.
Speaker 1: Yeah. See, I thought I said she hides something.
Speaker 2: As March's spot clearly, but nah, I didn't think she was hiding anything.
Speaker 1: I'm with Mike.
Speaker 2: I thought it was some legit because at this point she's in fordavivor mode, so she's coming back with all kinds of food and shit like that. So I'm like, in my head, I'm like, she's really explored every aspect of this island and really mapped it out, so she's definitely really, really comfortable. It was also concerned because I'm like, at some point he won't need you anymore. And then what happened when the roles were reversed again.
Speaker 4: See, I never thought that, Yeah, he was too bougie to fucking privileged. I never thought at any point he would get to the point where he didn't need her. She was always going to be better than him because she was.
Speaker 3: This was her thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he was learning on the go, right, But you gotta think she's been preparing herself for a moment like this for forever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was learning with a motive in mind later on, which we'll talk about. But I think this is when we saw the other side of Linda, when she was telling him about how to make alcohol. Did you guys hear about the You guys ever heard about this alcoholic toilet toilet You never had that?
Speaker 1: I know I have not. I have not had toilet wine before.
Speaker 5: Yes, absolutely don't know about toilet wine. I did like the moonshine. Heard about moonshine, Yeah, but not toilet wine.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: It's yeah, it's not good. It's just fermentuted fruits.
Speaker 3: It tastes like really cheap, like box mad Dog. It's not good, but it'll get you there.
Speaker 2: Mike, what did you think about the story she shared about her husband being abusive? I like that and her basically killing.
Speaker 4: Or did she allowing him to kill himself? But yeah, I liked I like that because it does bring up that moral gray area. You know, she knew he was too drunk. But I liked that they didn't reveal what he did, but she said he did something terrible even for him, even for him, so I'm assuming he raped her. So at that point all bets are off. So she said, I served him his last.
Speaker 3: Drink and gave him his keys, and I was like, go ahead, girl.
Speaker 1: You coke girl, right?
Speaker 2: What did you think about that at this point? Did you start to see Linda for someone else, hearing that she could actually go along with that, or did it seem like this is just her fighting back into one way that she knew she could, Like this was this gave her some sort of power?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: No, for sure, Like I just seen like she is a survivor, contrary to what her appearance looks like.
Speaker 1: Did you see hints of it here and there?
Speaker 5: Like she was willing to stand up for herself in situations and things like that. So I think this is just another another way to explain, this is why you're seeing this woman in this situation. So I think they just you know, adding validity to her, to her character, which again I thought was really good. I thought, you know, people always underestimate, you know, the whole judge of book bars cover shit.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. I think that was a good way to to pick that. I thought it was. Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 2: It showed that there's more to Linda Little, which I don't think the last name was. I think the last name of this character is very intentional.
Speaker 1: It is it Little?
Speaker 3: I thought it was something else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, they just spell it uh l I D D L E. But Linda Little, you said, it sounds like yeah, gotch. But yeah, I think that it showed that there's more to her than the person that we met.
Speaker 1: And you know, at this point, we're seeing.
Speaker 2: Her through the eyes of everybody else, and now on this island, we're seeing the person that.
Speaker 1: The survivor that you mentioned. What.
Speaker 2: I didn't expect though, for her to say I don't think we should ever least to fucking island, And I'm like, oh shit.
Speaker 1: And she did not laugh. It wasn't a joke, not at all. You thought she was serious, Mike when she said yeah, I thought she was serious. I was like, man, what the hell?
Speaker 3: I mean?
Speaker 4: I think this is the time when they were she was a little bit drunk, right, yeah, she was, so she just let her inhibitions out.
Speaker 3: Nah, I definitely think she was serious because.
Speaker 5: He looked at her like what yeah, And this is while saying early on that I like the writing because it's at this point it's like, Okay, whose side are you on? Because part of you like, no, we need to get off this fucking island, like you know what I'm saying, like yeah, So I was just like, Okay, so who's the villain now? So I feel like they did a good job at at at.
Speaker 1: Seeing Okay, who's really the villain in this? They created the conflict.
Speaker 5: They created conflict, and I was just like, oh, this is good, this is good because.
Speaker 1: I'm with him.
Speaker 5: Shit, I ain't the little fucking raf too, Like what are you talking about? I ain't trying to stay here?
Speaker 3: And I'm just saying but you know, like in his mind, you know, he thought.
Speaker 5: I would be trying to figure out other ways to get off the island as well, because clearly I'm not trying to be here like you.
Speaker 3: I like my life, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which you know you brought it up, which is what he did. I don't know why she didn't see this coming. Why did she leave him when she was like, oh, I'm gonna make dinner for you, I'm gonna pay you back after she even talked. Because now one thing I did say, I was like, oh got it. Though you shouldn't have showed him how to like how to find poisonous berriers.
Speaker 1: I knew that was going to come back to buy it. But you believed it. I did. I did. I thought he was turning a new leaf. I mean, they that made it seem very believable to me. Was like, nah, he about to poison your ass.
Speaker 4: I agree, I believed him for a minute.
Speaker 3: They did.
Speaker 1: I think they did a good job. It's like yo, like nah because they.
Speaker 4: Because they had the music, the music playing, and it's like, oh ship, they they might be.
Speaker 1: Turned into something different now, like he might might have woken up for real.
Speaker 2: But you know, I don't know if he was looking at her in that way. I know she did look at him because she woke up the next morning. He was taking a bow, so they kind of hinted toward it. Maybe something romantic developing with him, but.
Speaker 5: That's not far fetched. You're stranding on the island with someone and companionship. I think they showed him in the cave at this point too. Uh, they were trying to warm each other up.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I forgot if there was a storm that came.
Speaker 5: The storm that came, and so they was they were trying to get body heat, and he suggested it, you know what I'm saying. So they did drumm that up to be like, okay, it might be something here. I thought they were definitely going to sleep together.
Speaker 1: At some point they were on that island for I'm saying, That's what I'm saying that she was starting to look good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like, yeah, usually be okay when we get home.
Speaker 2: You know what it was, because yeah, you're right, like that storm hit and she was like, oh yeah, it probably wasn't about the bill, which I mean yeah, but he was working on something. When she came out, she was like, oh, you got up early.
Speaker 1: It was clear. She seemed like he was hiding something.
Speaker 3: I don't think she saw him.
Speaker 1: She didn't. She didn't see him.
Speaker 3: Wait wait, she didn't see what he was doing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she didn't know.
Speaker 2: We didn't either, But I'm like, oh, he's he's up to something. I ain't know what it was. I thought it was like and I think that's why I was.
Speaker 5: I think that at that point I got a little suspicious because.
Speaker 1: I didn't know what. I was like, Wow, they're not revealing what he's doing. But this was before the juices and berries. Yeah, I know, but it's just a little suspicious.
Speaker 5: It could have been went either way he could have had It could have been like a surprise or something.
Speaker 1: It could have been anything I see.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I guess that's why I was like, since he was being suspicious and then he said to make dinner, I'm like, oh this some ship.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, your insituition service right in that moment, it didn't for me.
Speaker 1: I just didn't see that coming. I didn't see that coming. So was Rat.
Speaker 4: I was like, Oh, I was like, oh shit, this was playing her this whole time. Like I was really surprised he.
Speaker 1: Was playing her.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, where do you think he's gonna go on his.
Speaker 1: Fucking rat That's what I was gonna ask, bro.
Speaker 3: And why he wait until the waters were calm?
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you, Mike, but he's not a survival But yeah, I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, bro, this was never going to work, Like what do you at night?
Speaker 3: He was desperate? Yeah, oh man, can did that ship in the morning?
Speaker 1: Bro? Like nah, trying man, he didn't get anywhere.
Speaker 3: Right ten feet Raffle was gone, yeah for real, that ship was.
Speaker 4: So, what waters aren't calmer at night? Whereas what waters aren't calmer at night?
Speaker 3: Not always?
Speaker 1: No, not always? Nah, I don't I don't know. I don't think so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it probably depends on what part of the Earth you're.
Speaker 1: On, gravity, the moon and all. That's what I was thinking about, So I thought maybe I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 2: When when when he did the night, I was like, oh, this is stupid. You don't try to sell away at night.
Speaker 3: That's like, who's going to be out sailing that night looking for people to that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that was just desperate he was.
Speaker 2: And again I think it played into his character he doesn't know any better, so it made sense.
Speaker 3: And it led to one of the best scenes in the film.
Speaker 1: Yes, because she was like, yeah, I didn't teach you that part.
Speaker 2: I had to be the proper wrath. But then she was like, you know what all is? Well, you know I saved you here, eat this.
Speaker 3: You need to know you're skipping when I say the best part of the movie.
Speaker 1: You just skipping.
Speaker 3: When she was fucking giving him CPR and throwing.
Speaker 4: Up, oh my god, I was was intentially doing that.
Speaker 3: No she's sick. Remember, I do remember she was sick. But I was like, why she just couldn't throw up to the side because it's her, Because it's her, and she's fucking goofy.
Speaker 4: She was throwing up on his face and then giving him mouth to mouth.
Speaker 3: I was dying because it was like, I was like, oh, oh, so.
Speaker 1: It was I.
Speaker 4: Forgot what The movie that happened in was A forty year Old Virgin where the woman got drunken.
Speaker 3: And was in the corny.
Speaker 1: Yes, oh my god, it was dry.
Speaker 4: Every time I see that, because I told you all that happened, I see that. I'm like, but this one was like, it was so good. It was so because she kept doing it. Yeah, oh my god, it was so funny.
Speaker 5: That was No, that was fuddy, but yeah a that Yeah, you're right. She she made it seem like all was well.
Speaker 1: Oh this was good too. To me, it was yeah.
Speaker 3: When she talked him again, yes, apparently got me.
Speaker 1: They got me too, bro, they got me.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh. And then the blast crater for the sound. Bro. The first thing was the sound. I was like, this not off.
Speaker 5: This was and he couldn't even like, oh my god, he couldn't even move. Oh he couldn't move or feel it. They got me good man, this was this was too good. This was like, oh man, it made seem like she was evil boy like, oh she whoa man?
Speaker 1: Who? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I thought she did because at this point when I'm watching the movie, we should So here's what I got. We should we should stay on here forever. You know, she saw him naked the cave scene, Rod and then you know what she did.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking misery, Yeah, yeah, yeah, for sure. So that's where my head is at.
Speaker 2: And then we get to this scene, I'm like, this ship is fuckings misery on the island.
Speaker 3: Yeah for sure.
Speaker 5: I did think misery because she's just like, I did all this for you, and that's how she was in misery. Was funny because that came up after I watched Taxi Driver.
Speaker 2: Misery came Yeah, it did for me too, because I think it's leaving somewhereas at.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I was like, oh shit, misery, but yeah it is.
Speaker 5: It was miss me on the island because she's just like, all this ship I do for you, and you're not thankful, You're not grateful.
Speaker 1: That's how she was in misery.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so so this this was definitely really really dope. I enjoyed that, like, yeah, immensely. But at this point he lost and I think, I don't know if she said a hearing another speech that they had, she was like, this is how it fills with powered shifts. So you know, we get the message of the movie. For people that didn't pick it up. They told us and and at this point Brad's like, all right, fine, you got it.
Speaker 1: What you gonna do afterday? Right?
Speaker 5: That was a hell of a statement to me. Yes, a hell of a statement to me. It's like, look, don't funk with me, Yeah, don't funk with me.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So, which I got to mention if she said she found a knife that.
Speaker 3: I believed her too, Right, Okay, cool, good luck.
Speaker 2: So you're always seeing the knife on the hill after this happens. Oh no, this happens after this. So I'm gonna get to the I'm gonna get to the knife thing. But anyway, Mike, were you surprised that jury popped up on a don't know.
Speaker 4: I knew she had to come back around at some point, really, and then the second they gotf the butt, I was like, oh, she's gonna kill him She's solutely going to kill them.
Speaker 3: But I was dying when.
Speaker 4: Jerry got off and they made their little you know, hello or whatever, and then it was just it was subtle and I'm not evenure how many people heard it, but I did.
Speaker 3: But when the boat.
Speaker 4: Guy was like, nah, you can leave those like you don't, she was trying to get her bag with all the melons.
Speaker 3: He was like, you don't need that.
Speaker 4: We have good food on the on the boat and she was like, no, no, no, I want this, and he was like, you really don't need that, and then he goes.
Speaker 3: God, you must really like melons. He said it under his breath. I was crying.
Speaker 1: The way he delivered it.
Speaker 3: Close, The way he delivered it was so fucking funny.
Speaker 4: But yeah, then after that, I was like, oh, she's gonna take him to the same place where she almost fell for me, I thought.
Speaker 1: She was imagining that ship.
Speaker 3: I really like the wife was the fiance is there?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: That was like man, I was.
Speaker 2: I was surprised to see her because I thought the boat was just gonna come back, So I didn't know what I thought too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't think it was gonna be her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I thought that's how Bradley at this point shipped. Linda's the villain to me. So even though Bradley was a piece of ship, Linda's the villain. The boat's gonna come back. He's gonna kind of see it because he's out, you know, getting fruit and ship. He's gonna see the boat. And that's how it's going to be creating this whole thing. So as a movie, I'm writing in my head. But but I didn't think she was gonna take him to the Rocky Cliff, Mike. I'm thinking she's gonna take him to the X where the bushes and ship were.
Speaker 1: Oh. That was another thing too. He saved her that one time and they went up, yeah, the Rocky Cliff.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so that's that's another reason why I thought they were gonna be good, because like they show him saving her and all that ship.
Speaker 1: But he needed her at that point still. Yeah, I didn't look at it like that. I just looked at okay ship. Yeah, he couldna let her die at that point because he learned anything but.
Speaker 2: He couldn't find Yeah, okay, guys help me.
Speaker 1: So did she take her to another.
Speaker 2: Part another part of that cliff that didn't have rocks or the same spot spots.
Speaker 1: Get in that area.
Speaker 3: I think they were trying to imply that that whole edge was loose.
Speaker 1: So she didn't fall in the same spot Linda fel She.
Speaker 4: Did, but it was like a little bit like okay, like if here's if here's the rocks, like this is the edge, right, Linda fell off this piece of rocks, so still this piece of rock left. But this piece of rock was also still unstable. So when Zury stepped on this piece, it fell off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what That's how I took it to right. I thought she went back and put the damn ross back.
Speaker 1: Bro. I thought she built trash and built a trap.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's not that crazy with her trap.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, she set this whole thing up with Brad to convince him to save her, to build this sort of man.
Speaker 1: Bro, I was gone, My thing.
Speaker 5: Is just like if you slipped on that that part of the mountain before, would you go back to that part?
Speaker 1: No, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: So she I think in her mind she's like, all that shit is fragile, Like Michael was saying, all that shit right there, we do not go right there because that ship is obviously fragile.
Speaker 2: Like, did you like the scene of Jury coming back and did you think Jury was dead?
Speaker 1: Because we never seen her fall.
Speaker 2: When she washed up on shore, she was like, oh, you killed me, you killed me, and it was kind of it was night she was having dreams.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, I thought I knew she was dead.
Speaker 4: You're talking about when when the guy woke up and the zombie was right there. Yeah, that was what I was talking about. That like, didn't need to be there. That was an absolute Sam Raimi Evil Dead throwing.
Speaker 1: Looked at the screen and everything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because it looks just like one of the Dead heights from Evil Dead.
Speaker 4: It's a cool throwback. Didn't really need to be there, But I'm not complaining.
Speaker 1: That made me jump.
Speaker 2: He got he got people in in hours because I heard somebody.
Speaker 3: Was like somebody else.
Speaker 1: That she got me, got me. I started.
Speaker 2: I laughed at that one was funny because I heard him say something.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, I know he got somebody here, cause you can't hear it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it wasn't alaudable, but I was just like, oh ship.
Speaker 1: It was good, it was good. It was good. He set that up there. It was good. But uh, but it is definitely a rainy thing.
Speaker 4: But I did think it was stupid that she buried Zuri but had her arm.
Speaker 3: No, like why, I'm assuming the pig dug some of it up.
Speaker 2: That's what I was thinking. I thought that that was just kind of her hand and that wasn't a burial.
Speaker 5: I don't think she buried her. I think she just probably thought she might have watched off for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think she just I think because they showed her hitting the captain. She fell into the water, and I thought she washed up shore and the pigs eight at her or something.
Speaker 3: Oh, she washed on the shore and then got buried under the sand.
Speaker 1: Probably, Yeah, that's what I thought, Yeah, just sticking out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I knew when I saw that pig, I was like, yeah, that's her.
Speaker 1: He's gonna be You're gonna see her hand, ye.
Speaker 3: Know, it's gonna be something, some sign of her.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: At this point, yeah, because we're at the end of the movie, so now we got to get this thing moving and uh, it was on the popper from here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he popped back on and he's like yet something.
Speaker 3: She's like, what are you talking about? Who? What?
Speaker 1: She was good. Lot.
Speaker 2: She was convincing. She was convincing. I saw the whole thing, right, I was convinced, like, damn good. But uh but nah, this was they started chasing each other, and now at this point, I'm like, how the fuck are they gonna end this?
Speaker 5: And I like seeing her seeing seeing her battle with what she did and she was like, oh, I need to take a sick day and all that ship. So it showed that she just wasn't just purely evil and those ship that she should really bother her.
Speaker 2: And that's when I knew the knife was gonna come back around too, because she kind of left it out in the open, which I guess, to your point, showed that she was really distraught about what she was doing. That she wasn't even thinking anything, so she just kind of left the knife. But I'm still thinking that at some point, you got to know the life missing. So when she reached for a help and it wasn't there, I'm like, you didn't know that earlier, but whatever, I'm.
Speaker 1: Gonna let that will go.
Speaker 3: She's kind of goofy.
Speaker 1: I would let it go. Goofy. Yeah, I don't know, bro, I think you know, well, anyway, let that let that go.
Speaker 2: But no, what what you guys think of the fight between them two before we get to the the reveal?
Speaker 1: Oh that was crazy. I wasn't expecting to get that crazy because he like pulled a trunk her hair and ship.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, it got it got man.
Speaker 1: I was like, Yo, they really going at each other.
Speaker 3: No, this ship was great.
Speaker 5: I was like, damn, I wasn't expecting for it to be like this, Like, yeah, yeah, he really they really went at it.
Speaker 1: They really went at each other.
Speaker 4: He stabbed her, who stabbed stabbed.
Speaker 1: Him in the side. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, man, it was crazy. Yeah, it was crazy. That was a crazy ass fight. That was a crazy g ass fight.
Speaker 2: I just didn't know how they were gonna end it because I'm like, sure he said that they're not looking for them anymore, so they stopped the search and rescue and she just kept looking, so no one knows that they're there still. So I'm like, and clearly Linda is the villain. Bradley still very much so a villain. So I'm like, I don't know what they're gonna do, and I was getting concerned and they're running and chasing after each other. She runs off and he's chasing, and then this motherfucker run around and saw this goddamn house.
Speaker 3: That guy, my god, because I was not thinking that there was a house.
Speaker 1: Over me neither.
Speaker 3: I was like, I was like, this motherfucker is such a life. Are you serious? It was a house over here this whole time?
Speaker 1: The whole time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this this this, this ship was crazy.
Speaker 1: It was so at this point, who who do y'all consider the villain? At this point? That's what the brand.
Speaker 3: So this is no villain. There's no good guys. There's two people that are morally reprehensible and they're both being that. Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 1: I feel like she was kind of becoming him on this. She did become him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that that I did like that she she They basically flipped rolls and I was like, the only way they're gonna make this work is they gotta kill them both somehow, And I just but how do you do that?
Speaker 1: I didn't know? And then don't think.
Speaker 2: I'm like, because when I'm watching, I'm like, those are some clean ass looking fruits and vegetables that she got, even though you.
Speaker 3: Got it from there?
Speaker 1: Yeah, bro, whoa had a spread?
Speaker 3: She did looked good. He was liked.
Speaker 2: He was like, but they did such a good job with her, Like like, dang, bro that that's a spread.
Speaker 1: Where is she from in this ship from?
Speaker 3: I didn't think that at the time, but I did.
Speaker 1: Ask where is she find of this ship from?
Speaker 3: All this ship island, all this ship on this It could be.
Speaker 1: It could be. I didn't know.
Speaker 4: It was more than when she was like, oh you need the sauce. I was like, oh, you made some sauce. It made sense once they found the house and they never found the house, I was gonna call bullshit on that. I'm like, you you made sauce. How the fun did you make? Dipping sauce?
Speaker 1: Some of yeah, that was now we see how Yeah, but it was like an orange parade and some ship she could do that.
Speaker 3: It was clear.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 4: It was a clear sauce that she was dipping the fish.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 4: I was like, what the spread was crazy? I was like, Oh, there's a house everything made on this island, because that's that's what's so good about this.
Speaker 3: Because at this point I was like, is this her house? I thought that what's happening?
Speaker 1: I had had that thought too, like oh ship, damn.
Speaker 2: But it was mysterious for real, just some random billionaire that just got there.
Speaker 1: Just it's just out there. You don't even know what and.
Speaker 2: Uh, they had the big showdown and she came around with the shoty.
Speaker 3: This was fucking great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, talking to his ass on the intercom and ship that was just said. She said what she said.
Speaker 4: About the knife, Yes, show up on the shore, And I was like, you know what, that was dumb for me to believe that, wasn't it.
Speaker 1: I believe that too, Mike. But I kept saying to myself that knife is clean as fun.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 2: It was, it's sharp, and I'm like, well, maybe she just tightened it up.
Speaker 4: I just assumed it fell from the plane. I assumed it was part of the plane and it. I didn't think that hard about the knife till she clowned before it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, surprise like rolls up on what she said it floats up on shore ship. Yeah, that's what she said.
Speaker 2: It's such a just one line of just she just threw out there like okay, all right, fine, cool, but it was like what else washed up on shore? Like you just the only thing to watch it was a knife. But anyway, but nah, this this was good. The question I have Rod did you believe that she believed what Bradley was selling her at the end when he was talking about I love you and all that other stuff.
Speaker 5: I was really hoping not because that would have ruined the movie for me. I was like, there's no way you're falling for this. He ain't be falling for this. Yeah, So I was not wanting to believe that she was falling for it.
Speaker 1: You think she failed for Mike.
Speaker 4: I thought she was and I thought she was crazy. But that kind of goes into the point of the movie. It's like, of course you're gonna think the woman's crazy. But when he was like I love you and she's like I love you too, I was like, Oh, she's going for it. But then we saw the thing behind his back and I was like, oh, you're gruing it. I never believed him at all. I always thought he was.
Speaker 3: Lying, but I definitely think she believed him for a minute.
Speaker 1: I'm with you, Rod.
Speaker 2: I was like, it's a movie thing to do, and I'm like, come on, let's not do this, because again, I don't know how they go to end the movie. So at this point I'm thinking, well, they both gotta die. Maybe he shoot, she gets stabbed and they just both die. So that's one thing I had in my head. And I'm also saying to myself, he ran the same game on you earlier in the movie, and you fell for it, and you're about to fall for it again.
Speaker 1: I'm with you, Mike. I was like, Okay, is she crazy now? Is she completely gone?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And she just wanted to just believe any old thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, basically yeah.
Speaker 2: And I don't know if I have a clear answer, because she did put the shotgun down.
Speaker 1: Well, we never got a real answer. She just saw that he had the thing. No, I think we got an answer. I thought she was about to shoot his ass because she was just like something about strategy.
Speaker 5: She was just like like like apparently she was planning this whole ship to be able to come victorious.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, no, because okay, I see she said that after she before she killed him. Yeah, I see where you're going. M Okay, So let's let's baby talk it out just a little bit more.
Speaker 1: So it was a callback.
Speaker 2: No, I remember that, But I'm talking about like, like did she believe him or not? Because she still had to wrestle with him and win that fight. But there were no bullets in the gun. Did she know that the gun was empty?
Speaker 3: I think so.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's what I'm saying. I think it was all part of her strategy. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Okay, because she says it, she literally says it. I remember the exact quote she said.
Speaker 2: He said, he said Linda from accounting, and then she was like corporate strategy, hit her with the golf club something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah it was good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was really good.
Speaker 2: And then you know, at the end of the movie and she's running everything. So the villain, I guess one.
Speaker 3: Or she an anti anti heroes.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't think she's a villain. I don't know she kidnapped this dude, Okay, he was a hostage. You don't think he was hostage? Not really.
Speaker 3: You know, he could have left anytime you want.
Speaker 1: The road swell. I thought he was gonna get on that boat and leave. No, she has be a villain. She killed her husband. I don't think she killed her husband. Okay, I don't bet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't accept that.
Speaker 1: I don't know, y'all.
Speaker 5: But that's what that's what I like about it, though. I like I like the fact that you're questioning was that she's a villain. Well you're not questioning it, but we are right. I'm not saying that she is. Yeah, said I think she's a survivor. I think that's what it boils down to. And her quote was like, uh when she say, no one's gonna come save you, so y'all can't basically help yourself save yourself. So it's like, yeah, be a survivor basically, and everything kind of wraps up in both. Yeah, damn, And she's driving off in the car with the interview thing.
Speaker 1: She wrote a book. Yeah, and the damn survived.
Speaker 2: I guess she has a lot of food in that damn ship because she was what they said she was.
Speaker 1: Going for a month yep.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because you think back to the beginning the movie, she got what she felt like it was old to her.
Speaker 1: She put in what fifteen years at that job yep. And and her and his dad promised.
Speaker 2: Her Yeah wait nah Okay, So if we think corporates strategists, maybe could this have been her plan the whole time to find a way to get really want to know that the plane was going to crash. No, I'm talking about once she got on the island and she saw that he wasn't gonna change.
Speaker 1: Oh he talking about going back to your first point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe, she said maybe now because she never wanted to leave the island. She said she never wanted to leave the island. She said she used to stay there, So I don't.
Speaker 5: Know, well she I think she did, because that's why she said not yet. So I think at that point she had a strategy.
Speaker 1: Okay, she her plan.
Speaker 5: She she had a plan, and she was trying to see it through first, So maybe that's what the not yet applied, like, okay, not yet, let me, let me see through this plan.
Speaker 2: But then it got to the campfire and the toilet one, and then she said we should never leave the island, and then that the switch. So I don't know, but overall, I was satisfied with the end, where you guys.
Speaker 1: Mike said he wasn't. I was satisfied with it. It was fine for me.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I guess I guess I would start to wonder, how did you get away with this? That's not your house? Whose house is that? The house is gonna be fucked up a bit. You have blood all over one of the rooms. It just didn't really I don't know. It didn't really resonate. They said it in the news clipping. I can't remember what they were saying. I think they were more more impressed.
Speaker 5: But how she survived than anything, and I think that that trump everything.
Speaker 2: But somebody broke into the house, Well she can clean up the blood the body, she could bury her feet to the boors. But I'm with you, I just I don't know if there was that was the whole thing. When I'm watching the second part of the movie. Definitely moving to the third act, how the hell they're going to end this in a way that makes sense?
Speaker 1: So but yeah, I got you, m hm. Anyway, I was fine with it though.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I wasn't a trash ending or anything. It was just like, all right, well here was that.
Speaker 1: They're gonna make a movie about her story.
Speaker 3: I hope not.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmmm. Anyway, that is it.
Speaker 2: Let us know, man in the and I Reddit, what did you guys think about the ending of this movie? Was she a villain or anti hero? And if you guys made it all the way to the end, I did look it up, right, I don't know if you looked it up. But apparently sailing is easier at night.
Speaker 5: Oh no, no, no, I saw that. No, it's not necessarily like settled at night. I did see that sailing is easy at night, it could see. No, no, no, I saw that as not settled at night, like the waters aren't settled.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I don't know, maybe it is easier.
Speaker 3: I would assume it would just depend on where you're at that.
Speaker 1: Too, Yeah, I don't think it would be more rough rougher. I think only like if it's a storm or something.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but like, yeah, when you don't see nobody surfing it like I see surfers be Yeah.
Speaker 4: They don't surf at night because there's no bodyguards are not supposed to buy law.
Speaker 1: Oh, I was looking up the ending.
Speaker 2: Well, if y'all know the answer to that, let us know in the conversation too, what you got right.
Speaker 1: I'm saying.
Speaker 5: A year later, Linda is successful, celebrated survivor and author, having covering up the depths.
Speaker 1: Of everyone on the island. So I'm with Mike on that, like.
Speaker 5: To cover that up and fully embracing the cutthroat corporate persona she once despised.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I did like that she finally learned how to play the game, and that was one thing that she was missing throughout the film, but when she learned it, she got it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a completely different person we saw at the end compared to the beginning.
Speaker 4: And I liked how they used golf because the guy had said that he was hiring his golf buddy, so now she learned to play golf. So yeah, everything was good to me, just the ending. And the ending only knocked off like a point. It wasn't like a humongous deal.
Speaker 1: Well there you have it. Let us know what you guys thinks in help we oh peace