Speaker 1: The Frames per Second Podcast. It was good.
Speaker 2: Everybody, Welcome to another frames per second review. This is an anniversary film I believe.
Speaker 1: Came out in ninety six, So that's who's good at Math?
Speaker 3: Thirty No, it's no, it's forty years, is it?
Speaker 1: No, it's thirty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, twenty six years, and then you yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thirty Yeah, I got scared, Okay, yeah, thirty thirty thirty I'm not.
Speaker 1: I told you I wouldn't get it.
Speaker 3: Math.
Speaker 1: You should have him, I said, which, I said, Calculus? I said, which one of y'all better than Math? Look at him next time? Right right?
Speaker 2: But yeah, man, we're doing the thin line between love and hate. Man, this came out in nineteen ninety six. Because I watched this movie so much me too when it came out, so I didn't even I didn't like.
Speaker 1: I didn't even really think I needed to watch it again.
Speaker 2: So if y'all watched it again, if if it's any specific things that y'all want to point out, like jokes and stuff, please by any means, Sam, because I did not. I've seen it so many times. I know the premise and what it is, so I've seen it a lot too. But for some reason in my mind, I forgot Bobby Brown was this.
Speaker 1: Man was It was.
Speaker 2: Thought he was he was going to continue to make movies after this man because he was really good. He was really good.
Speaker 1: He was really good.
Speaker 2: But but anyway, man, they labeled it as a comedy thriller.
Speaker 1: I don't know if y'all know that, which is kind of kind of accurate, kind of accurate.
Speaker 2: But it tells the story of Donnelle Right, which is played by Martin and he's a ladies man who finds himself stocked by wanting uh brandy and and so like we were saying, this start ours Martin Lawrence, Lynn whit Phield, which was man, she was so bad.
Speaker 1: I don't know, y'all living with Field fans, who is she Brandy? Okay, I ain't know. Yeah, yeah, I didn't know who she was to this movie.
Speaker 2: Oh really, I had seen her. I remember her before this. Yeah, I don't think.
Speaker 1: Her as some else.
Speaker 2: I can't remember what it was, but I saw something that else, Regina King, Bobby Brown, as we just mentioned, Deren Menchell, Roger Moley, and del Reice was.
Speaker 1: I Field seventy three years old? Damn huh, I.
Speaker 5: Know she was seventy and she's still still look good.
Speaker 1: But who's seventy three with Phield? Oh and she still looks good.
Speaker 3: I mean she looks older than Martin, so I always thought that she was probably a bit older.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yeah, this, this is definitely Martin's hYP right here. Like the nineties. Man, man, he was Martin.
Speaker 1: He had his own production companies, ain't by him and everything he wrote it and everything and everything.
Speaker 4: He was on fire run.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was on fire. Yeah. But yeah, so uh so you said, y'all, so I'll start here.
Speaker 2: So you said, y'all were surprised by Bobby Brown's performance.
Speaker 1: I forgot.
Speaker 5: He was just good and he was like Martin is funny naturally, using Bobby Brown for the comedic relief.
Speaker 1: I feel like it was a brilliant move.
Speaker 5: Yes, you don't really associate Bobby Brown with being funny, I know, necessarily, but he played this world hope.
Speaker 1: He was perfect. We didn't watch that show with him and Whitney then, I didn't.
Speaker 3: You really didn't after I think that way after that. But he's a funny motherfucker.
Speaker 1: Bro. No, he's great.
Speaker 2: I mean he's always been entertaining obviously, like playing this film. The way that he was just so natural.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that was the thing that you know, I did rewatch it, but that was the thing that I know. I was like, oh shit, this was really really natural and easy for us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it seemed like him. It just seemed like him. I do remember that.
Speaker 1: So, like I said, if you since you anybody else rewatch it? I needed an excuse. I haven't watched it the one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I wanted to get to it, but I just didn't have time to. But anyway, it starts off with Donnell Wright. He's a nightclub owner slash playboard. He's a nightcloub manager actually at the Chocolate City. He's known for like trading v I P passes access for favors from women. And what did y'all think about Martin Bobby Brown?
Speaker 1: I mean, what was what was his name in this?
Speaker 2: I can't remember t T What did y'all think about them as as a cruel dynamic, these people that these guys that work at Chocolate City.
Speaker 6: You know, I wonder using the now that I think about it, Dela was in here, and then they had the guy that stuttered that you know, seemed to have definitely come from Harlem, nights. But you know, as a bit of coming really because even when he was drinking, he was like, Man, I think there's drinking. The alcohol make you talk about us, right, yeah, But because he did that was president about it. But now I think I think they all fit and I think that was the thing. It definitely seemed like they were boys. It definitely seemed like their whole thing was to get girls, to see who can get the most girls and stuff like that, and you know, that sort.
Speaker 4: Of ship that they were doing happening all the time.
Speaker 6: So it made sense for them, you know, and to use their positional privilege.
Speaker 4: You know, to their advantage as well.
Speaker 5: It made me miss that they they don't make movies like this anymore where you just get to see that dynamic black people it's us. I just missed that, like The Wood, this Best Man, four Brothers, all of that type of stuff it used to come out.
Speaker 1: This made me nostalgic of that their relationship.
Speaker 2: Together gotch You what, Mike, how did you feel about Martin's performance in this translating from the show to this movie. You know what I'm saying, like, because we saw him on the show and stuff like that, and we kind of seen him in like House Party, but for him to do like a lead role in this, how did you feel?
Speaker 1: I think he felt natural, man.
Speaker 3: Definitely, it still felt like Martin more than House Party, of course, but I mean, yeah, I think he felt real natural. He did a he did a really good job. He's a good actor and he's got good comedic timing. There were there were there were moments that felt very dated, and then there was a little bit of the dialogue was.
Speaker 1: Just like all right, that's not great, but who cares.
Speaker 3: But there was also like you could tell Martin wrote it, because it's like, bro, you're getting all these women. Come on now, like, come you three and a half feet tall, man, you're not getting all these women. He was, yeah, like the laundrymat girl, Like he just comes ridiculous.
Speaker 6: You know she's in there, she's working there. Don't have confidence, so it's easy victim.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got it. Yeah.
Speaker 6: When she was in the club and he was like, yeah, you know you look good girl, you're going to dance, and she said over there.
Speaker 4: She wanted it so fast, bro.
Speaker 1: Give it up. Oh man, that was the one. So when we used to he said that.
Speaker 7: Memory Lane, what did y'all think about Della Reese is playing that is his mom, Like, what how did y'all feel about that dynamic with his mom and everything?
Speaker 1: Because I felt like they tried, you know, they showed that.
Speaker 2: I do remember them showing that relationship.
Speaker 1: How do y'all feel about that? That it was good? I liked it.
Speaker 6: I think, you know, using her again, you know, going back the Harlem nights, you know, giving her work, helping her you know. I mean, I don't know what she was doing up to this point, but a familiar face for only black audiences, giving her work, and I think she was a good fit, that motherly authority figure that didn't take any mess. Like when Lynn Willfield's Brandy rolled up.
Speaker 1: She was like out there and then cutting them.
Speaker 6: Out years old, Yes, and I never had so she played the motherly role very very well.
Speaker 1: Nah, she did. No black was like that, Nah for sure.
Speaker 2: And then like even like the how she felt about uh, the old childhood friend like she me and she wanted she like She's like, no, it's a really.
Speaker 1: Good wholesome girl, you know what I'm saying. How did y'all feel about Regina in this movie?
Speaker 2: Like her being the childhood friend, Like, I don't know how I always felt about that storyline personally, How did y'all feel about what do you mean about like like Regina and other Her and other movies felt a little bit more impactful than it did from what from what I remember here, like that storyline with her?
Speaker 1: Did that feel like something to y'all? That was about product? I think I understand what you're saying. Yeah, it didn't get enough. They didn't bake it enough.
Speaker 2: They didn't bank it enough for me, even because they had them like playing on the basketball and stuff like that, it just I just didn't never feel.
Speaker 1: Like a real friendship, friendship connection.
Speaker 2: Or like And I think the other part is is like I just never was I'm with you.
Speaker 1: It's like it's got a batter, Like.
Speaker 2: I always felt that way. So I just wanted to know how y'all that's kind of.
Speaker 1: I'm with you.
Speaker 3: I feel bad for being with you, but I'm yeah, because the whole time I'm like, bro, even crazy, I was.
Speaker 2: Just great, Okay, I thought, okay, okay, all right, all right.
Speaker 3: No, I mean, Virginia King is obviously a beautiful woman, she's a great actor, but it just it didn't there was no real chemistry there.
Speaker 1: It didn't really come home for me. So I'm with you.
Speaker 3: I got you. She had all the money, bro, like he was, I wouldn't have fucked up. I'm sorry out. So all I gotta do is just stick around and be nice.
Speaker 1: Bro. Let's go any let's go. Yeah that was.
Speaker 6: That was And I think the thing about the storyline from the introduced childhood friend you know, to there was something not something her understanding and knowing what type of person he is and he's a player player. Her accepting him that quickly was on this watch was like, damn, it happened fast.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so let's get into it before could we kind of like talking around it? But so yeah, personally talking about this Brandy Web. She's wealthy, she's gorgeous. She enters the club and Darnelle Caesar as a challenge and then he begins to like pursue her.
Speaker 1: She rejects him.
Speaker 5: He saw before the club, right, he saw somewhere else before the club and inviting was it all?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you saw like this lady or somebody dropped the car in her in their car. Well no, Bobby Brown approached her first, yes, and May stepped in to be like, you know, no, I'm sorry. He whatever, he's crazy. Yeah, here's a here's a vi P coming. She's like, why would I come to that?
Speaker 1: Right right? Girl? And he was like she can't. She came ship, she came up.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, man, how did y'all feel about Brandy Web? Just right just at this point before we get to the other stuff, but right now, at this point, what was you'll feelings about her? She's as healthy, she's rich, and she looked crazy crazy she.
Speaker 7: Does.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, she looked like one of them ones your meeting, Like, man, I played with her like he's gonna be a long day.
Speaker 1: She looks like the kind of girl that I would have messed around with and got myself in trouble because I'm stupid.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's something about right.
Speaker 1: Here.
Speaker 3: I want to I want to talk to kids, so you can do that when you're young man with crazy ass people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I never liked the crazy. I just never.
Speaker 2: You ain't lived, I just never. I mean I've been with crazy ones. I just didn't like it. I didn't like it.
Speaker 1: I don't like crazy crazy. I know what you're saying, You're boring. Maybe for a weekend, bro, I had a knife, put some money before.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's it.
Speaker 1: But that was it. I'm like, I don't even know if I can go to sleep for real. That's cool for you.
Speaker 3: Sitting never mind, I never had one that was that kind of violence, that's like I'm going to kill you.
Speaker 1: Well, she might have thought about it, but she didn't.
Speaker 3: She didn't loud, no, she did No, she just did some other ship.
Speaker 1: It's like, all right, yeah, you kind of absolutely now I'm good on that. I'm good on that.
Speaker 2: But so he didn't have a scene of because she's like a real estate agent or something like, yeah, so he so this is how he tries to court her or whatever, get with her?
Speaker 1: What? What?
Speaker 2: How did y'all feel about this whole scene of being at the at the.
Speaker 5: House watching this this age. I side with her a lot more than I do with more. She was right like you came over to playing in that lady life bush.
Speaker 1: Everything you get from this you deserve.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, like absolutely, like I've always thought that she was I didn't think that as as a younger person watching her now with my age, I'm like, she is justified. I think that your dumb felt probably felt like Martin. I could relate to him more. But I can see Spike be the crazy crazy Nah. I was always on her side, like she did that when she said tell me you love me, and he's like I love you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like no, man, like you can tell something's off right now, and you talking about I love you?
Speaker 1: Why would you do that?
Speaker 3: Every bit that Martin got, he actually got worse. Wors should have happened to him for what he did facts well, and you know, uh, she told him don't play with.
Speaker 6: Me, like, don't funk around. I've been heard, Yeah, yeah, I've been heard before. This this ain't this ain't it? And he didn't listen because he had this challenge with his friend yep, you know, to prove he can hit it, you know, which was I mean, it probably is still a thing to this day.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah it is. Pab know these kids a little different now that I guarantee.
Speaker 3: It's still a thing with kids, especially if you're in certain neighborhoods.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent think it's still a thing.
Speaker 2: Certain neighborhoods will give you that probably still yeah, but.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, like I don't know, he look like luckily I didn't have to.
Speaker 2: I don't think I didn't have to deal with that with my girls, Like no, no, guys really pushed up.
Speaker 1: On them like that.
Speaker 2: And then yeah, they say, like, you know, guy's gonna be approaching girls like that these days, is what I hear.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I am hearing that for us.
Speaker 6: It's it's it's a couple of reasons why But you know that I've heard of this at the show for it, but I think, you know, it definitely reminded me of how ship was back in the day and growing up, you know, especially being around my friends. So it was it was definitely a fucking flashback. But but she told him like, nah, I don't do it, but he was. He was persistent to win this fucking challenge and you know, and oh yeah, what was the other point is you know they they even said, like the cold they said early on, the rule is we never tell them you love them.
Speaker 1: Ye man, Look that stuck with me for so I.
Speaker 2: Was so scared to tell a love like like man, like I'm serious, I'm serious like that then line has always been in my head.
Speaker 1: It fucked me up.
Speaker 2: I was like, man, I can't tell a girl I love unless I really love her.
Speaker 1: I can't lie. I can't. I can't.
Speaker 6: That's that it became my rule. But then it became my rule. But the ship, yeah, bro, and they probably still do it to this day. But I'm just speaking back back in the day. That ship we were just they would just throw that shit out there. Yeah, just say that ship just because to do what they need to.
Speaker 8: Do right, right, You would love to have more content from frames per second. Become a patron where you can contribute to what we review and discuss. Our patreon gives the listeners the power to nominate and vote a monthly discussion and film review, while also nominating and voting on weekly solo reviews from each cast member. You also get the opportunity to vote on the publicly released anniversary film, all exclusive to our Patreon. So become a patron at patreon com frames per second where there are two tears you can choose from. That's patreon dot com forward slash frames per second.
Speaker 2: So so after that, you know, we started seeing that, you know, they having him for like a pretty good relationship and everything. At what point did y'all see signs of her actually being crazy?
Speaker 4: Who?
Speaker 1: Now that's one where the beginning when she popped up on the scene, she was crazy.
Speaker 3: She looked too much like a praying manness. Immediately I was like, bro, this woman. I mean again, I'm not even joking on her. Look, she's beautiful, beautiful, but she looks nuts. She plays nuts so well.
Speaker 1: But nah.
Speaker 3: When she said that ship about I've been hurt, don't hurt me again. And then when she said tell me you love me, I was like, she is nuts.
Speaker 1: Don't do it, but do it. But I feel you, But I feel if you do it, I feel you. I understand if you do it, but don't do that. And he fucking does it.
Speaker 2: No, for sure, I mean I mean, can you blame him.
Speaker 3: You know, at my young age, no, at my middle to later a yes, when I was in my by the time I got to like my late twenties, I wouldn't plan.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: No, you can't tell somebody you and especially if they do it like that, if they're telling you I've been hurt, don't hurt that woman. If you don't have any good expectations or not exectations, if you don't have any good intentions, thank you.
Speaker 1: Just leave her alone. Man. Yeah for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I think it was right around the horse.
Speaker 6: Riding scene and I think that's when we first saw the change, because he tried to push your up owner into the you know, he tried to do it right there Land We've been there, man, listen.
Speaker 1: To the dialogue.
Speaker 4: I'm like, yeah, sol juvenile.
Speaker 1: Ship like that.
Speaker 4: You sound like a high schooler, which was crazy, but.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and then he kind of cussed her out and stuff like that, we have been together, what you're scared of?
Speaker 1: Why you playing with me?
Speaker 4: Making her feel guilty and ship.
Speaker 6: Like that because she wasn't ready to have sets with him, which is what she said, I'm not ready for us to go there yet, and he's pressing for the issue and then cuts her out. Then she comes to the club the second time and he rejects her, and then that's what they did their close up on her face ride and.
Speaker 1: The music too.
Speaker 4: Yeap and there it is. That's the crazy.
Speaker 6: And then from that point on, that's when she got invited back to He got invited back to the house.
Speaker 1: Gotch So yeah, that's that's what I was looking for, ken.
Speaker 2: So yeah, So at that point he's thrown off, and then he realizes that he's more in love with his childhood friend Mia and then decides to end things with Brandy, and that's when she does not take it. Well, that's when like she you know, you see how she becomes like obsessed and like.
Speaker 1: Do you blame her? That was an awful thing for him to do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was really and I always remember it being fucked up. But for some reason this last rewatch, I was like, that was unbelievably fucked up.
Speaker 1: It was her birthday.
Speaker 3: You had a cake saying you couldn't even just call her and be like I can't make it.
Speaker 1: You just left her hanging. Nah, she should have tried to kill his ass. Yeah, yeah, he was.
Speaker 5: That was dirty. That was really fucked up. And she's older than him in this right, like we're not.
Speaker 1: She has to be.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so like you're doing that to an older lady too, like not even even advanced, something like a lot more mature, right than he is.
Speaker 1: So like.
Speaker 5: Even even the maturity, like you're saying as an older man, now, like least call her and not let her know that's some young nigga ship. I ain't even gonna call on her birthday and just leave her there hanging like got the album hanging out.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it was a real fun.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was and it was kind of weirdly written, you know, because it was like they just ended up hanging out and he just now I was realized that, oh no, I forgot what it was.
Speaker 1: She was leaving. That's what they used.
Speaker 4: That's what they used to get him to go.
Speaker 1: He went to stop it.
Speaker 6: From right right, right right because she and she kind of set the thing up. She's like, if any decision I make is gonna be a decision for me, you know, not because of some man. So that's what it was, because I remember he went to talk to catch his sister. He was showing out in front of the neighborhood because he got the car and the limo.
Speaker 1: She don't went and paid for everything.
Speaker 6: He had the conversation with the og about you know, him settling down and he said, yeah, you know, however, I look around these young girls blah blah blah, and said, but you know, I'm happy with what I got. And he went back to the limo. She pulled up and he tried to talk tough. She was like, man, my dick ain't that old, you know, And got a limo where he.
Speaker 1: Was had it made and just Mio was leaving.
Speaker 6: He was like, oh, I gotta go stop her, and they end up hanging out all night, and in that conversation.
Speaker 4: She was like do you why, almost like why you never gave.
Speaker 1: Me no play?
Speaker 6: And then it was like, oh, yeah, I'm ready now something like that, and she just went forward.
Speaker 1: I'm like, yeah, you know, this guy's a dog and he just said I'm ready now.
Speaker 4: I was like, okay, cool.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they end up sleeping together, but not sleeping together because she was like, no, I'm not ready for that, and you know, he just kind of let it go. But that was fucked up what he did. And then that's set everything fucking off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because of that, now she's threatening MIA's life as well. So yeah, I guess like she's threatened her life and like she's and then he wants to obviously protect Mia. So what was the most like, I guess the thing that stood out with Brandy that she did in a sense because I remember like she like some of his car, like when he had to go he had to go to.
Speaker 1: That ship was yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, uh so the all the craziest things she did, what was the craziest, I mean, you know her.
Speaker 1: Was crazy?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah, she she fucked him up with that. But but when she took his ship from the police station.
Speaker 1: Bro, I'll when's the join.
Speaker 6: I don't know if this is, but I remember when I would first watch this. Every time he would get to this scene and he would get in the fucking vehicle to leave, and the way.
Speaker 4: He said he was like, where, my god, I can't go anywhere.
Speaker 6: Every fucking fine because he's so destrayed he don't know what to do.
Speaker 1: It was like, Bro, you're not going anywhere. That ship is.
Speaker 6: So fucking funny to me, was like right in front of like she took everything right right in front of the police department. Yeah, after, and he's there because of her, right exactly exactly.
Speaker 2: So what was your like some of your most and like the craziest the oranges?
Speaker 1: For sure? What the orange? When she beat herself up with the orange?
Speaker 3: I thought that was a pool pool ball. I thought it was a fruit. I don't think an orange is gonna suck you up that bad. Could If you put that was an orange, I thought, you're probably right.
Speaker 1: I'm sure I think a pool ball with.
Speaker 3: Her, That's what I'm saying. That's why I thought she was using a pool ball. I thought it was some fruit.
Speaker 5: Because they got more gift to it, so it's just gonna bruise you versus fracturing something.
Speaker 4: And then she did a shoulder that was the.
Speaker 1: Craziest one for me. Oh my god. Yeah, so that was yours?
Speaker 2: What about you, Mike the craziest or just something different from what they said?
Speaker 3: Oh, I don't know, because I can't remember what she did to him once she tied his ass up because she was gonna put him in the bathtub and throw the fucking throw the radio in it. But yeah, I think I don't think I can go anything other than when she.
Speaker 6: Did, because I think the only other thing she did she did that she took his rams.
Speaker 3: No, remember she she she smashed the thing out of his car at his mother's mother's car.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: That's probably the worst. You cold, Oh now, that should have me dying.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: The funniest probably when he pulled up and the stuttering guy was like, we gotta get to the club.
Speaker 1: Pull your window down. There's no man you can tell Martin. This ship. That ship was so fucking funny.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, yeah, I think that was one part that did feel a little dated.
Speaker 4: When he walked into the door.
Speaker 6: When he went to the first try to convince her and the cops flashlight cops, I see you, ship.
Speaker 1: You, homie.
Speaker 6: The funny thing is a lot of these lines. I was like, oh my god, remember all these lines kind.
Speaker 1: Of you ain't even got no gun, you got some flashlight. I see you door. Man.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty sure we made that same joke when Rod first told it used to be a cop.
Speaker 1: I was never a cop this he was, I see you so yeah, man. So basically after all of that, man, it ends up being.
Speaker 4: And she burned down up clubs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I forgot about that. She lit the.
Speaker 3: Club on fire, like that's fucking insane. Yeah, wow, I forgot about what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: She did some wild ship like she showed crazy for real. I don't think I was able to see her any other way after this movie.
Speaker 1: I know, because then they brought her on Martin. She tried to jump off the side of the fucking boat.
Speaker 6: Yeah, when she went crazy like it was, it was a pretty accelerated Yeah.
Speaker 4: They really got to it now.
Speaker 2: They got to it to the point where, you know, it got to the conflict that ended up being like a violent confrontation between Brandy Donnell and Mia and they said they showed this in the beginning, I believe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that starts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so they basically bring us back to where it started, and yeah, it gets to the point where they fall out the window.
Speaker 1: What was happening before they fill out the window?
Speaker 3: She, like Martin was hiding and she was she was walking around with the gun trying to.
Speaker 1: Find it because she had shot him in the like she had grazed him in the head and also shot him in the arm, I think.
Speaker 3: And then Bobby Brown and Mia broke in downstairs, and she knocked Bobby Brown out and took me upstairs, and then she was like, I'm gonna kill the bitch one two, and then Martin finally came out and they fell through the window, which if you watched that scene again, Martin took his time.
Speaker 1: She clearly could have killed Mia. Martin. He was debating on whether he was really like he was really like right, wall I mean, you know me was talking. I'm like, you you're a trained soldier, shut out.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, that's what I was. I was waiting for her to take her out. But yeah, sh your hat backwards, like he was really.
Speaker 1: Pouting and do ship. Yeah man, Yeah, she was like Brandy. She won, no joke, No, she broke up with all that woman.
Speaker 4: That little kid walked.
Speaker 3: Up man, step Punk, right, that was Piggy Who did y'all not watch The Sea Barbie Show? Yeah, yeah, I didn't know until this this most recent time watching, I.
Speaker 1: Was like, that's Peggy Damn. Yep.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've always remember that kid ever since the first time I've seen this movie.
Speaker 1: I always step Punk.
Speaker 2: So yeah, man, they fall the window and everything that we found out that he actually survives and he's.
Speaker 1: He wakes up in the hospital.
Speaker 2: Around you know, all his loved ones and then she Uh. Then he's like vouning to kind of like change his ways and all of that and built and then he wants to you know, basically be with Mia.
Speaker 1: But Brandy is arrested and.
Speaker 2: In prison, and he just kind of reflects on his experiences. Uh that's paying for us, they are, but you know, it's basically like a turning point in his life. So doing all of this closing what like stood out to y'all the most about about this, Like, like.
Speaker 1: I don't need to be crazy to me.
Speaker 5: Be ruined that lady life even though she went crazy, but like now she ended up in the Gail, we could have just left her alone.
Speaker 1: Man. He had no good intentions for that woman from the beginning, and.
Speaker 2: She told you like, look, don't play with me, don't play with my heart.
Speaker 5: And all of this ship because she knew she was crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she told him that he was still sucking around with her, but that.
Speaker 4: Was She told him that after sense I.
Speaker 3: Think, but I thought they were still hanging out after he after she told yeah, yeah he went back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah he went back. She was basically at that point, Yeah for sure.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but yeah, but nah, yeah, yeah, he told her after she told him after the fat like yeah, because he was sleeping in bad.
Speaker 1: He took off.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because they were She said that while they were having sense.
Speaker 1: I think he was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she told her that. She was like, yeah, I got something to tell you. I killed He was really abusive, Like yeah, he should have.
Speaker 7: Been like, yeah, terrible, we should never do.
Speaker 1: Something like that.
Speaker 4: See, yeah, I killed her.
Speaker 6: But your you guys are absolutely right, she did kill her us. So I think they probably put that in there to make her a bad person so and to kind of give them some cover for ruining the life. But I think if anything in this movie, definitely like it. You know, some guys probably walked away with a little bit different. You had, I think around this stretch a run of like yeah, no.
Speaker 2: No, Yeah, definitely, Like I said, man, this this movie definitely like a lot of elements that definitely stuck with me throughout mind, young adult to adult life.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because she had a whole you know, speech about how women, how men treat women, you know, and I'm pretty sure a lot of them was watching this moviees like you tell them.
Speaker 2: Girl, right, And so y'all kind of alluded to this as well, like liked me.
Speaker 1: And had actually been with him after all of this shit.
Speaker 6: Yeah, just like his listeners changed, he changed with everybody let him.
Speaker 3: He'll look watching movie, He'll look he almost got you killed me. No, she she needs to she needs to go. Martin can't be trusted.
Speaker 6: I mean, I do think he's definitely changed. But it did go against what Mia.
Speaker 1: Said, like about doing making decisions for herself.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we don't know if she stayed here, she you know, left, but I would assume she stays.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it kind of alluded to this.
Speaker 4: You didn't make a decision for yourself.
Speaker 2: Anything else that stood out to y'all y'all wanted to point out any last thoughts regarding the movie, But y'all definitely, Like I know, I didn't ask, but y'all, this is what Yeah, I think.
Speaker 6: I think this is a classic. Yeah, it's definitely a classic. And the soundtrack, the hun did the sound which was really done by the persuaders or the intruders. Intruders. Yeah, I went about this single.
Speaker 5: I had the soundtrack, but I don't think I had the soundtrack, but I went and bought the h Town singles line between Love.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a big thang.
Speaker 4: It was a big hit for them.
Speaker 1: And then I found out later it was older version.
Speaker 3: Like you said, sh Did y'all ever catch the glaring goof in this movie?
Speaker 1: I didn't notice until this past time. But when I.
Speaker 3: Actually took a video and i'll show you on the second when she's at the Mama's house breaking ship and she's pulling away, she says something to Martin's mom like oh, nice to meet you or whatever, and she's pulling off and it shows the reflection of the car's window.
Speaker 1: What is that Is that a dog? No, y'all can't tell. That's the camera man. Oh yeah, yeah, that's the person with the rig on, that's his head.
Speaker 3: Look hold on, look if you look at it while it's playing, you see it like that. Yeah, I mean I didn't notice it before, but this time I was like, come on, that.
Speaker 1: Just cut the scene earlier. Yeah, yeah, but I did that a lot back in the day too. There was a lot of stuff like.
Speaker 4: I'd be looking for ship like that, especially reflection.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like it wasn't as good as hiding that ship like that. They can now in posts. But no, this is great, man. This is definitely Martin at his peak.
Speaker 2: I think Bobby likes Like said, Bobby Brown did an amazing job to do that stutter. I think he did it. Get a great job laying in field. Everybody man, for the most part, did did that thing. I just this wasn't a big fan Regina in this one.
Speaker 1: I liked her. I liked her better and really played a good love interest. Yeah no, she didn't give off like nope, I feel like they could have used somebody else over her.
Speaker 2: So yeah, but nah, man, this this this is a good good throwback, good throwback.
Speaker 1: Yeah it's been thirty years, man, that's how I go bro thirty years.
Speaker 2: But yeah, man, yeah, like I said, we like to do these anniversary films, and I'm glad this one got picked so we can kind of reflect and look back on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Man, So we'll catch you all next time on the next anniversary film.
Speaker 1: And after Spike wakes up. Thank you God for listening. Man, we out he