Speaker 1: The Ricky Smile Money sho Come on fund me It's and good morning.
Speaker 2: Everybody has made nothings but joined to be glad in it and here to help us get our day started is Pastor Ken Sullivan Jr. The senior pastor of New Direction Church in Indianapolis, Indiana.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Pastor Sullivan.
Speaker 3: Good morning Ricky and the Ricky Smiley Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Listen family.
Speaker 3: I am so happy to be able to lead us in prayer on today.
Speaker 1: Let's get ready to pray.
Speaker 3: Heavenly Father, were so grateful that you would allow us another day.
Speaker 1: We've got brand new mercies.
Speaker 3: God, You've allowed us to be able to experience life yet again.
Speaker 1: So God, help us on today to.
Speaker 3: Count our blessings instead of counting our burdens. Help us, Lord God, to see that you are working things out for our good. I pray over each and every person as we're preparing ourselves to head out to work and our various places of work and responsibility. God, that you would just cover us and that you would keep us. I pray and ask that you would give us safety as we head to our places of destination. I pray and ask Lord God that you would help us to count it all joy. We know there's gonna be things that we're hit with that we did not expect. There's gonna be things we did not anticipate on experiencing. But God, we pray asked that you would help us even in those moments to be able to have joy and to be able to be appreciative. God, I just praying, asked that you would guard us and that you would guide us, help us to be careful in what we say and what we do. God, help us even on today to take a moment just to reflect upon your goodness. We thank you yet again for allowing us to have this day. It is the day that you have made. And so God, we're going to rejoice and we're gonna be glad about it. So God, even now we ask that your peace which surpass us all understanding what God our hearts and minds, that you will protect us from anxiety and fear and worry, and we will be careful to give you the thanks and the praise and Jesus name, we pray a man. Listen, I am so appreciative family to have been able to come in and pray with us on today.
Speaker 1: If you're ever in Indianapolis.
Speaker 3: I want you to make sure you stop by New Direction Church and visit us.
Speaker 1: We would love to have you.
Speaker 3: Hey, Ricky Man, thanks again for allowing me to be able to come and pray with us on today.
Speaker 1: Y'all family, have a great day.
Speaker 2: Hey, y'all.
Speaker 1: That was Pastor Ken Sullivan Junior. Thank you so much for that.
Speaker 2: The saying path of New Direction Church in Indianapolis, Indiana on.
Speaker 1: The Freakytmning Morning Show from.
Speaker 2: Page right here sending in for Alfreda's with the one and on it aren't Franklin, aren't good morning.
Speaker 4: My man, Ricky smiling, good morning to you. Today is Friday, August seventh. I'm Mark Franklin. There for Afrida's and here are the stories making the front page first this morning. There's another rest connected to investigation into the death of Mississippi college student Northern Wells, but it's important to point out this arrest is not for Welles's death. Federal authorities say forty year old Edward James Porter of Illinois is accused of threatening to kill the witness and the witness's family, even allegedly sending the witnesses home address in an effort to intimidate them. He's charged with transmitting threatening communications across state lines. Porter's arrest is a third involving threats tied to the case. The early arrests involved alls threats against the judge and bomb threats targeting government offices in Mississippi. Meanwhile, the investigation into the death of eighteen year old Nolan Wells continues. Civil rights attorney Being Crump, who represents the Wells family, says they're still searching for answers. Authorities stressed that while three people have been arrested for making threats, no one has been charged in connection with Welles's death. Now, let's talk about what's on your dinner plate. The debate over lab grown meat is heating up across the country. Seven states have now banned the sale or production of meat grown from animal cells. The states Alabama, Florida, Indiana, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, and Texas.
Speaker 1: Supporters of the band say.
Speaker 4: They're protecting farmers, ranchers, and the traditional livestock industry. Critics, however, say the laws limit consumer choice and could slow innovation and food production. Lab grown meat is created by cultivating animal cells in a controlled environment without raising or slaughtering livestock. While federal regulators have approved some of those products for sale, states are continuing to chart their own course. So if you miss any part of the show, make sure you check out the Ricky Smoley Morning Show podcast.
Speaker 1: It's available wherever you get your podcast. Now, let's take a look at sports.
Speaker 3: What's up to rock The sports genius is in the building.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I appreciate that, Art Man. A preseason NFL season officially kicked off last night. The Hall of Fame game went down. Carolina Panthers beat Arizona. Arizona rookie quarterback Carson Beck look pretty good, man. He's fifteen for nineteen through for almost two one of yards, had a touchdown.
Speaker 1: Very efficient.
Speaker 5: It's just a preseason, so it's all good. But he looked good and did what he was supposed to do as deserves. My Detroit Lions has made Pro Bowl running back Jamior Gibbs the highest paid running back in NFL history three year, sixty seven point five million dollar extension. Fifty million of that is Garontee, the founder of Outkicked Sports, has contacted the WNBA and the Las Vegas Aces to make it offer.
Speaker 1: Just to prove this point, so Klay Travis.
Speaker 6: He's the man behind OutKick. He announced today he's offering ten million dollars to the winner of a game of basketball between a high school boys team of his choosing and the WNBA defending champions, the Las Vegas Aces, because he thinks it is so impossible for any group of women, let alone the best in the game, that they could ever beat younger and more inexperienced boys.
Speaker 1: Man, let me tell you something. I'm on this. I want to see it. It's great for marketing. Let's go do it.
Speaker 4: Spot.
Speaker 1: Drop it like it's had, drop it like it's hard. So what Spot, It's a time for the hot Spot?
Speaker 5: What up?
Speaker 1: Brad? What up?
Speaker 2: Ricky?
Speaker 7: Good morning everybody. I'm your girl, Brat Tat tat, and this is the hot spot. But we bring you music, movies and more. So let's get on off into it.
Speaker 3: Well, y'all.
Speaker 7: Didy's prison release date just got pushed back after he got into a fight behind bars. Now he's set to get out February twentieth of twenty twenty eight. Now this comes just days after his release date had just been moved up to January. The January release date was set after did was thrown into solitary confinement for his prison fight.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 7: And just recently, a legal commentator did and TV personality Nancy Grace slammed Ity on social media and her and her crime Stories broadcast, expressing extreme disgust over rumors and reports regarding his potential early release, prison adjustment and talk of a future entertainment comeback. And here's what old Nancy Grace had to say. Did he again begging for forgiveness again?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Diddy, Diddy, Diddy.
Speaker 3: At it again.
Speaker 1: You're disgusted.
Speaker 6: I'm disgusted that even though you're back in the whole solitary at Ford and Dix.
Speaker 7: Again, that you're still getting out early, still begging.
Speaker 1: Trump for a pardon.
Speaker 7: Stock Comes that said it even though he can't get a pardon from Trump, God willing Sean Puffy Comes aka Diddy is planning a comeback.
Speaker 1: You heard me a comeback? Who is going to his concert? Satan? What do y'all think he did that intended?
Speaker 4: Because sometimes people get the fights and solf to stay a little long.
Speaker 1: They mean and meant.
Speaker 7: Somebody to fight in jail.
Speaker 1: Why do you.
Speaker 7: Got to defend yourself? That's why you do it?
Speaker 2: And that's a grace Nellie Olsen from a Little House on the Prairies.
Speaker 4: Oh did it?
Speaker 7: Did it?
Speaker 3: Did?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 7: My goodness did He's original date to get out of prison was May twenty twenty eight, and that date has changed multiple times. But my if they gonna change the date, you changed it in a month January to February.
Speaker 1: Like, if you gonna change it.
Speaker 7: Make it like a couple months to do something like this is gonna make me feel like, Oh, I'm getting out early a month, I guess. Anyway, y'all moving on. Congratulations go out to Will Packer and Kevin Hart. They got the number one movie streaming on Netflix, seventy two hours. Will Packer released a thank you note and here's his message.
Speaker 8: So I'm off the creer, but I just had to pop in and say thank you because our movie seventy two hours is number one on Netflix. Look, I've been in the game thirty years. I've never had a number one overall movie on Netflix. I need to come in and say thing. Thank you. That and Kevin Harp posted a really, really stupid video. It's him on the back of a unicorn float. I mean it's abhorn. But the good news is that he has no idea what that word means, so he's gonna take that as a compliment. Nobody tell him, huh.
Speaker 1: The movie's funny. I saw it, man, It's pretty funny.
Speaker 8: Okay, okay.
Speaker 7: Well, seventy two Hours is a comedy that also starts Tianna Taylor, so if you looking for something to watch on Netflix, you might want to check that out. All right, y'all, were gonna wrap up the hospital on that note, but more information on these stories the morning you can go to Ricky Smiley Morningshow dot com and if you miss any part of the show, you can check it out on the Ricky Smiley Morning Show podcast, available wherever you get your podcasts, and you could catch me on my social media at so So Brad