Speaker 1: All right, this morning we are talking with Carson. Carson, welcome to the show. Good morning.
Speaker 2: Hey, good morning. Thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Another adult Carson. I love this. Oh, yes.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 1: Second adult Carson.
Speaker 3: That's a great name.
Speaker 2: We do grow up. What can I say? They do.
Speaker 1: You know, Carson, I wish we were welcoming you on better terms, but unfortunately this is second date update. You were trying to track down Leah. Can you tell us how you met Leah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we met on Hinge. Okay. And You know how these things go. We spent a few weeks texting back and forth before we decided to spend the evening playing indoor putt-putt at this new place I found on Instagram.
Speaker 1: Oh, I love that place. My kids are obsessed with it, too. And it's perfect for like a family date or just like a regular date.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, that's pretty much... what you described is the environment we were in. They had food there. So we kind of did it all in one swoop, you know, dinner, a couple of drinks and putt, putt. And I, she was actually really good at golf, at many golf games. And, I thought it was a pretty good date, but she kept asking if we were going anywhere else, like after the putt-putt.
Speaker 3: Was she inviting you to her house for maybe a hookup or something like that?
Speaker 2: I don't really know, but I told her I had to be up early for work the next morning, and that's when she got all quiet and bummed out. So we walked to our cars, and that was it. I tried texting her again, and I haven't heard anything back.
Speaker 1: Well, it sounds like she definitely could have gotten the wrong signal from you. Can we go ahead and give her a call and try to get to the bottom of it?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I mean, I was definitely interested. I just wasn't expecting to have it go any further that night. I thought we'd have one date and go from there. But yeah, it would be great if we could get to the bottom of this.
Speaker 3: Of course, we get it. And we'll do that coming up in less than three minutes on 93Q' s Second Date Update. So Carson met Leah on Hinge. They spent some time texting back and forth, decided to go to a pot pot place for some food, but she was thinking there was going to be more to the date. We don't know what that more really means, but she's been completely unreachable since that first date. So we're going to get Leah on the phone this morning for Second Date Update. Hello?
Speaker 1: Hi, may I please speak with Leah?
Speaker 2: Oh, yeah, this is she. Hi, Leah.
Speaker 1: Good morning. This is Riggs, Caitlin, and Erica on 93Q. Welcome to our show. What's up?
Speaker 2: Oh, my gosh.
Speaker 4: I love listening to y'all every morning. And I'm pretty sure I can beat Caitlin, too. Oh, you think so?
Speaker 1: You can try me.
Speaker 4: I will try, and I will beat you.
Speaker 1: Well, we hate to break it to you, but that's not the occasion today, Leah.
Speaker 2: No way.
Speaker 4: Are you calling me for a second date update?
Speaker 3: Guilty, yes. But we're just hoping that it doesn't go south like some of the second date updates do. Do you remember going out with Carson? Remember Carson?
Speaker 2: Oh, yeah.
Speaker 4: Did he say anything about paying me back.
Speaker 2: The $ 500 that got stolen?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 4: Like he stole money from you?
Speaker 2: Well, might as well have.
Speaker 4: We were walking back to the parking lot after our date and the pet thing. And there was a man walking on the street towards us. And I could tell he was asking people in front of us something.
Speaker 2: And, you know, it's Houston.
Speaker 4: So I know where this was going. So I walked by and ignore him. But then I glanced back and see Carson chatting him up.
Speaker 1: OK. I mean, was did he give him money or something?
Speaker 4: No, but he ran over to me and said that he needed my phone for him. It sounded urgent, so I gave it to Carson, who then proceeds to take it to the man and hands him the phone.
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 4: I screamed, yeah, I screamed like, what are you doing? And Carson just said, his phone is dead. And he kept saying that the guy just needs to make a phone call. He doesn't want any money. He just needs to make the call.
Speaker 1: So not the end of the world.
Speaker 3: Did he let the guy make a phone call? Then what happened?
Speaker 4: No, I don't think so, because when I got home, there was an email from my bank saying it had overdrafted my account from Venmo. The guy went into my Venmo app and sent himself $ 500.
Speaker 2: Oh, heck no.
Speaker 1: So he got into your account. That's what he was doing on your phone.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, I have it on my first home screen. I use Venmo pretty much every day for my small business, so I need to have it accessible all the time and, like, super easy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: How.
Speaker 2: Was I supposed to know that that's what he was going to do?
Speaker 1: That's Carson.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey, that's not something that I'm looking out for. How was I supposed to know he was going to do that? Hold on, hold on, hold on.
Speaker 4: Bro, you should have ignored him. Walked away like what literally everyone else does. You're not supposed to help people like that. It was like watching a bad movie in real life.
Speaker 2: OK, he needed help. And the guy didn't ask for money. He wanted to make a call. So I figured that everything was like on the up and up. How was I supposed to know he was going to swipe through your phone and Venmo himself? And wait a minute. Why don't you have that password protected or something like that? I mean, you got scammed and that sucks.
Speaker 1: I don't usually if a phone is unlocked to make a phone call, you're going to be able to get into an app.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, no, no.
Speaker 4: You are the one who got scammed. I tried to tell you to like not let him use the phone. And now I have to jump through all these hoops to get my money back and and and, you know, sent back to my bank. So why didn't you give him your phone, you knob?
Speaker 2: Oh, my phone was dead and he needed help.
Speaker 4: Oh, you are such an idiot. He didn't need help. He wanted some to give him money. Now I'm out $ 500. Luckily, I called the cops and I wasn't the only one like he got arrested and wasn't homeless at all.
Speaker 2: I love you calling me name and all of that. I would love it if you would relax. I mean, you know, I can I can get this job. can get you back some of the money, okay? Whoa, some?
Speaker 4: My bank paid me back. I don't care about that anymore.
Speaker 2: No, no. I want to make it up to you. Maybe here, $ 250 to you. And I spent $ 100 on dinner. But if the money is all that's important to you, then we can just forget about it and I'll get the rest of it to you later.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, it's not about the money. No, it is about the money, but it's about the fact that you didn't even ask me. You could have walked away and done what everyone else does when someone on the street starts barking at them.
Speaker 2: Just walk away.
Speaker 4: But you're too much of an idiot to get that. If we keep dating, what else am I going to lose? Does the next displaced person get my social security number? I'm not going to date someone with zero street smart. Okay.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm starting to develop some right now, I think.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't think. I think Carson was probably just trying to do the right thing, you know, and help someone out. He probably just didn't even. I would have never assumed somebody would do something like that. I'm just always afraid someone's going to run off with my phone once I hand it to them. I'm like, gotcha, bye.
Speaker 3: So I'm assuming there's probably not going to be a second date between you.
Speaker 2: Two, right? Look, this is all news to me, so no. I don't think so. I mean, I originally just thought that I was ghosted. by another superficial gold digger. But whatever. Oh, my God.
Speaker 4: Gold digger.
Speaker 2: Like I said, I will Venmo you the rest of it later when I can. But, no, I don't think I'm even interested in a second date anymore.
Speaker 4: No, look, don't even worry about it, you idiot. Like, I can't believe you actually thought you'd get a second date.
Speaker 3: Leah, he hung up.
Speaker 1: He's gone.
Speaker 2: He hung up.
Speaker 4: He's gone. All right.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what?
Speaker 4: I'm glad that he reached out so I can have this on public record about how much of a moron he is. And, you know, but hey, you know, guys, don't worry. I still love the show and I will totally listen. I just hope I never hear from this guy again.
Speaker 3: Glad you got your money back, man.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Thank God.
Speaker 4: Oh, Jesus.